时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | You’re to be congratulated. | 我该恭喜你 |
[00:05] | Your son is now the proud owner of River Run. | 你儿子现在是奔流庄园的主人了 |
[00:10] | I can procure you whatever you wish. | 你想要什么 我都可以给你 |
[00:12] | I know an Irish seafaring gentlemen | 我认识一位航海的爱尔兰人 |
[00:14] | who does business in Wilmington. | 他在威明顿港口做生意 |
[00:15] | My husband’s whiskey venture… | 我丈夫的威士忌生意 |
[00:17] | Mr. Bonnet doesn’t do business with people he doesn’t know. | 邦内特先生不和不熟悉的人做生意 |
[00:20] | Mr. Bonnet will be personally meeting Mr. Alexander Malcolm. | 邦内特先生将亲自会见亚历山大·马尔科姆先生 |
[00:23] | You must kill Stephen Bonnet. | 你一定要杀了斯蒂芬·邦内特 |
[00:25] | I don’t know if I can take another man’s life. | 我不知道我敢不敢杀人 |
[00:27] | A plan has been put in motion | 他已经计划好如何找到 |
[00:28] | to find and kill Stephen Bonnet. | 并杀了斯蒂芬·邦内特 |
[00:30] | Bonnet could have the right to take Jemmy away from us. | 邦内特或许有权带走吉米 |
[00:33] | He attacked me. | 是他强暴的我 |
[00:34] | Well, people of this time see | 这个时代的人 |
[00:35] | the child as proof that you were a willing participant. | 认为你生下孩子 就代表你也是愿意的 |
[00:37] | I could have been brave. I could have fought. | 我可以勇敢点 我可以反抗的 |
[00:39] | I hate myself for what happened. | 我因为这事憎恨自己 |
[00:41] | – You couldn’t have stopped it. – I could have tried harder. | -你不可能阻止他 -我本可以更努力 |
[00:44] | It took courage not to fight. | 不反抗也需要勇气 |
[00:45] | If ye did, he would have killed ye. | 如果你反抗 他会杀了你 |
[02:25] | The time has come to approach the magistrate | 是时候向地方法官 |
[02:27] | with our request. | 提出我们的请求了 |
[02:29] | Obviously, your occupation… | 显然 你的职业 |
[02:34] | makes matters a-a-a bit more difficult. | 为此增加了难度 |
[02:37] | A gentleman has no occupation. | 绅士并无职业可言 |
[02:39] | Precisely, and that is why, as your lawyer, | 正是 所以作为你的律师 |
[02:42] | I advise you to be more discreet with your dealings. | 我劝你做生意更谨慎些 |
[02:46] | You have allies among the wealthy. | 你有富裕的盟友 |
[02:47] | You’ve been exonerated for your crimes. | 你的罪行得以赦免 |
[02:50] | But for now, I recommend that you lie low. | 但目前 我建议你低调行事 |
[02:53] | I’d like to lay low under my regular mare there. | 我倒想和那边那个我常光顾的妓女”行事” |
[02:58] | People might turn a-a blind eye | 人们也许会对走私烟草 |
[03:00] | to smuggling tobacco or whiskey, | 或威士忌视而不见 |
[03:03] | but there have been rumblings that you’re trading commodities | 但有传闻说你将女人 |
[03:06] | of a female nature. | 作为商品交易 |
[03:08] | My business is none of their business. | 我的生意与他们无关 |
[03:11] | Do you want custody of your son or not, Mr. Bonnet? | 你到底想不想要你儿子的抚养权 邦内特先生 |
[03:13] | I’ve made allies due to those very dealings, Mr. Forbes. | 我正是靠那种生意结交盟友的 福布斯先生 |
[03:16] | They owe their wealth and influence in part to me, | 他们的财富和影响都归功于我 |
[03:19] | as do you. | 你也是 |
[03:21] | So I suggest you start to behave more as my lawyer | 所以我建议你扮演好我的律师 |
[03:25] | and less as my priest. | 别再像我的神父一样 |
[03:26] | Oh, you have a priest? | 你还有神父啊 |
[03:31] | I need you to consult with the magistrate. | 我要你和地方法官协商 |
[03:34] | When will we have his signature, sir? | 我们何时能得到他签署的判决书 先生 |
[03:36] | I’ve provided him with the names of the witnesses from the tavern, | 我已经给他提供了酒馆目击者的名单 |
[03:40] | and I’ve confirmed that they will attest | 我也已经确认了他们会 |
[03:41] | to the circumstances on said evening. | 为那晚的情况作证 |
[03:44] | We should have a signature by the end of the week, | 这周之内我们应该就能得到他的判决书 |
[03:47] | and young Jeremiah will be with his father. | 小杰里迈亚就会回到他父亲身边 |
[03:52] | From your lips to God’s ears, Mr. Forbes. | 承你贵言 福布斯先生 |
[04:03] | If we might discuss the matter of my compensation. | 我们能讨论一下我的报酬事宜吗 |
[04:08] | I’m no fortune teller… | 我不是预言家 |
[04:11] | but once I claim my son, I foresee an unlucky accident | 但我得到儿子后 我预见乔卡丝塔·英尼斯 |
[04:13] | for Jocasta Innes and her new bridegroom. | 和她的新婚夫婿会发生不幸意外 |
[04:17] | Such a shame, them being married for so short a time. | 太遗憾了 他们才刚结婚不久 |
[04:21] | How she chose that old buffoon I’ll never know. | 我真不明白她为何会嫁个那个老小丑 |
[04:24] | And she humiliated me during my courtship with her niece. | 我追求她甥孙女时她还羞辱我 |
[04:28] | When River Run’s mine… | 等奔流庄园归我之后 |
[04:30] | you’ll get your money. | 你会拿到你的钱 |
[04:32] | The agreed upon 20%. | 我们说好了20% |
[04:35] | We’ll have a dram on the front porch | 到时我们在门廊喝一杯 |
[04:37] | in celebration. | 作为庆祝 |
[04:38] | I look forward to it. | 我非常期待 |
[04:41] | In the meantime, | 另外 |
[04:43] | Mistress Innes has asked to see me. | 英尼斯夫人说要见我 |
[04:46] | I’m intending to sail up on the Sally Ann to Cross Creek tomorrow. | 我打算明天乘莎莉·安号北上到横溪 |
[04:52] | Not a word of this to anyone. | 此事不得向任何人透露 |
[04:55] | Confidentiality is my livelihood. | 保密是我的谋生之道 |
[05:13] | I have a really bad feeling about this. | 我有非常不好的预感 |
[05:17] | I want Bonnet out of our lives for good… | 我希望将邦内特永远驱除出我们的生命 |
[05:20] | and nowhere near you or our son. | 不让他接近你和我们的儿子 |
[05:23] | Getting rid of Bonnet is for the greater good. | 除去邦内特是为了大义 |
[05:26] | Yes. | 没错 |
[05:29] | Though I still don’t trust Philip Wylie… | 但我还是不信任菲利普·威利 |
[05:32] | even though he stands to make a lot of money from this deal. | 虽然他能从中获得一大笔钱 |
[05:36] | I think he’ll keep his word. | 我想他会信守诺言的 |
[05:37] | But what if he doesn’t? | 但万一他食言呢 |
[05:39] | Well, if he doesn’t, I’ll likely be dead. | 如果他食言 我很可能会送命 |
[05:41] | So if ye could find the time, | 所以如果你能挤出时间 |
[05:43] | I’ll appreciate it if ye’ll make him suffer for it. | 希望你会好好惩罚他 |
[05:51] | Ah, here comes our go-between now… | 我们的中间人来了 |
[05:54] | Mr. Alexander Malcolm. | 亚历山大·马尔科姆先生 |
[05:58] | Glad you could join us. | 很高兴你能加入我们 |
[06:02] | Well, Uncle, is this what ye had in mind? | 舅舅 这就是你的想法吗 |
[06:06] | Even better. | 比这更好 |
[06:08] | What about my markings? | 我的记号怎么办 |
[06:10] | I’ll help you find some clay to cover them up. | 我会帮你找些黏土把记号遮住 |
[06:12] | Though we don’t have to fool them for very long. | 不过我们不用骗他们太久 |
[06:15] | We must get to Wylie’s Landing before the parley. | 我们必须在谈判开始前抵达威利码头 |
[06:17] | We’ll leave at dawn. | 我们天一亮就出发 |
[06:19] | If we’ve no’ return to Wilmington in two days, | 如果我们两天内没返回威明顿 |
[06:21] | go back to the Ridge. | 你们就回山脊 |
[06:23] | If you don’t return, we’re coming to find you. | 如果你们没回来 我们就去找你们 |
[06:26] | I thought ye might say that. | 我猜到你会这么说 |
[06:29] | Dinna fash. | 别担心 |
[06:31] | Bonnet’s only a man. | 邦内特只是一介凡人 |
[06:33] | And nothing more. | 并无特别之处 |
[06:40] | It is rather small, isn’t it? | 这东西很小啊 |
[06:42] | Well, sometimes the smallest things in life | 有时生活中最小的东西 |
[06:44] | are the most useful. | 反而最有用 |
[06:45] | What use do you have for it? | 这有什么用途 |
[06:46] | Well, it will be an instrument, uh, for a physician. | 这是个仪器 供医师使用 |
[06:49] | It will hold medicinal liquid. | 能用来装药水 |
[06:51] | But it has a hole on both sides. | 但两边都有洞 |
[06:53] | It’s not finished yet. | 这还不是成品 |
[06:55] | The smith is going to make something for the bottom | 铁匠会打造零件装在底部 |
[06:57] | and a needle to put in the top. | 还会打造一根针装在顶部 |
[06:59] | It’s a syringe. | 这是个注射器 |
[07:01] | Ah, I’ve heard of those, | 我听说过这玩意儿 |
[07:02] | usually a tube fitted with a piston. | 通常是把活塞塞进管子里 |
[07:05] | Aren’t syringes made of brass? | 注射器应该是黄铜制的 |
[07:07] | Well, usually, yes. | 通常是的 |
[07:10] | But I prefer when they’re made of glass. | 但我更倾向于用玻璃打造 |
[07:12] | It’s easier to sterilize– | 更便于消毒 |
[07:14] | clean… | 清洁 |
[07:16] | to use before you heal. | 在痊愈前更方便使用 |
[07:18] | Well, I did blow a glass tube for a thermometer last spring. | 我去年春天倒是吹制过体温计用的玻璃管 |
[07:23] | I suppose a glass tube is a glass tube. | 我想玻璃管应该都差不多 |
[07:26] | Come back again in a few days’ time. | 几天后再来 |
[07:27] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我尽力试试 |
[07:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:32] | Well, that’s one down. | 这边搞定了 |
[07:34] | Let’s hope the smith doesn’t think | 希望铁匠不会以为 |
[07:35] | we’re practicing witchcraft asking for a hollow needle. | 我们要做空心针是为了施行巫术 |
[07:38] | No kidding. | 别开玩笑了 |
[07:39] | When was the hypodermic needle invented, again? | 皮下注射针是什么时候发明的来着 |
[07:41] | Not for a while yet. | 还要过一段时间 |
[07:43] | I really need one. | 我真的需要一个 |
[07:46] | You’ve seen your father. | 你也知道你父亲 |
[07:48] | He has a knack for almost getting himself killed | 他每次起床都有本事 |
[07:50] | every time he gets out of bed. | 让自己陷入九死一生的境地 |
[07:52] | I swear that man is like a cat. | 他就像只猫一样 |
[07:54] | Got nine lives, if not more. | 至少有九条命 |
[08:43] | What if he doesn’t come alone? | 如果他不是孤身前来怎么办 |
[08:45] | I’m sure he won’t. | 我确定他不会一个人来 |
[08:47] | He’ll bring his sailors wi’ him. | 他会带上他的水手们 |
[08:50] | What do ye ken about them from yer voyage? | 你跟他们一起航行过 对他们有什么了解 |
[08:55] | They sail with him like they eat scorpion fish, | 他们跟他航行 就像吃有剧毒的蝎子鱼 |
[08:58] | only when they’re hungry and have no other options. | 只是饿急了且没有其他选择的无奈之举 |
[09:01] | His sailors follow his commands out of fear, not love. | 水手们服从他的命令是出于恐惧 而非敬爱 |
[09:06] | So long as we take care | 只要我们小心 |
[09:07] | not to give them reason to think we’re a threat, | 不要让他们觉得我们是威胁 |
[09:09] | I don’t think they’ll be much trouble | 我不认为他们会阻碍 |
[09:10] | about Bonnet’s fate. | 邦内特迎来他的命运 |
[09:13] | Except they’ll be in need of new employment. | 但届时 他们会需要寻找新的雇主 |
[09:16] | Keep yer wits about ye. | 保持理智 |
[09:18] | This is our one chance. | 这是我们唯一的机会 |
[09:20] | There may not be another. | 机不可失 时不再来 |
[09:23] | So we’ve got the kelp for the iodine. | 我们有了海带可以提炼碘 |
[09:25] | And what else are we looking for? | 我们还需要什么 |
[09:27] | Well, certain shells– | 一些贝壳 |
[09:29] | I can grind them down to use their calcium– | 我可以把它们磨碎了 得到钙 |
[09:31] | and maybe some sponges to use in surgery. | 还有可能会在手术中用到的海绵 |
[09:34] | I can do shells. | 我可以负责贝壳 |
[09:35] | I’ll save some for Jem. | 我也给小吉留一些 |
[09:36] | Maybe I’ll make him a mobile, might make him sleep better. | 或许给他做个小挂饰 说不定他能睡得更香 |
[09:53] | When he comes, I want to be the one to kill him. | 当他来了 我希望由我来杀死他 |
[09:58] | Now ye’re telling me. | 你现在才跟我说这个 |
[10:00] | You said it yourself– he’s just a man. | 你也说过 他只是一介凡人 |
[10:02] | I ken what I said. | 我知道我说过什么 |
[10:04] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你是怎么想的 |
[10:05] | I’ve never killed a man or fought in battle. | 我从没杀过人 也没打过仗 |
[10:08] | I’m no marksman and only a half-decent swordsman, | 我不是神射手 用剑也是半吊子 |
[10:11] | but he’s mine. | 但他是我的猎物 |
[10:14] | I will take him. | 我来了结他 |
[10:17] | Brianna’s yer daughter, but she’s my wife. | 布丽安娜是你的女儿 但她更是我的妻子 |
[10:28] | So… | 所以 |
[10:30] | don’t hesitate. | 别犹豫 |
[10:32] | Dinna challenge him. Kill him the moment you have the chance. | 不要试图挑战他 找到机会就杀了他 |
[10:38] | If you fall, Roger Mac, know I will avenge ye. | 如果你死了 罗杰·麦克 我会替你报仇 |
[10:42] | And if you fall, I will avenge you. | 如果你死了 我也会替你报仇 |
[10:47] | A bargain, is it? | 这是我们的约定 是不是 |
[10:51] | A rare bargain indeed. | 的确是一个罕见的约定 |
[11:07] | Wait. Is that what I think it is? | 等等 我是不是看到了什么 |
[11:14] | We didn’t often get to see sights like that in our time. | 在我们的时代 这种景观可不常见 |
[11:20] | There’s so much here that’s unspoiled. | 这里有太多地方还保留着原始的自然之美 |
[11:23] | There’s so many of them now. | 现在有好多鲸鱼 |
[11:25] | And to think by the end of the 19th century, | 但要想到十九世纪末 |
[11:28] | whalers had all but wiped them out. | 捕鲸船差点让鲸鱼灭绝 |
[11:31] | I can see why Melville was inspired to write about them. | 我现在明白梅尔维尔的灵感从何而来 |
[11:35] | – God, I love Moby Dick. – Yeah, me too. | -我真喜欢他的《白鲸记》 -我也是 |
[11:38] | I remember seeing a whale fluke off of Cape Cod once. | 我记得以前在科德角看到过鲸鱼 |
[11:42] | Remember when we used to race there | 记不记得我小时候在那里的沙滩上 |
[11:44] | on the beach when I was little? | 我们曾比赛谁跑得快 |
[12:02] | Man, that is not as easy in a corset. | 穿上束腰跑步真不容易 |
[12:06] | I think I’m getting old. | 我觉得我老了 |
[12:09] | All right, I’m gonna live dangerously, | 我要活得冒险一点 |
[12:11] | dip my toes in the water. | 把脚趾伸进海水里 |
[12:13] | Oh, you’re braver than I am. | 你比我勇敢 |
[12:15] | I think I might go search for some more shells. | 我再去找找更多贝壳 |
[13:29] | – Are you Malcolm? – Aye. | -你就是马尔科姆 -是的 |
[13:31] | You must be Captain Bonnet. | 你一定就是邦内特船长 |
[13:33] | Pleased to finally make your acquaintance. | 很高兴终于见到真人了 |
[13:35] | No, Captain’s not coming. | 不 船长不来了 |
[13:37] | He sent us to inspect the goods. | 他派我们来检查货物 |
[13:38] | But that wasn’t the arrangement. | 但当初不是这样商定的 |
[13:41] | Arrangement’s changed. | 商定的内容改了 |
[13:43] | – Why? – He had business elsewhere. | -为什么 -他另有要事 |
[13:46] | You want the whiskey put on the ship or not? | 你到底想不想把威士忌运上船 |
[13:54] | Where are the barrels? | 酒桶在哪里 |
[14:00] | Where are the goods? | 货物在哪里 |
[14:01] | Do you know whose time you’re wasting? | 你知不知道你浪费的是谁的时间 |
[14:04] | The barrels are in the shed. | 酒桶在小屋里 |
[14:44] | What took you so long? | 你怎么拖了这么久 |
[14:45] | You were doing so well, I didna think you needed the help. | 你做得很好 我不认为你需要帮忙 |
[14:59] | Where’s Stephen Bonnet? | 斯蒂芬·邦内特在哪里 |
[15:02] | – Who wants to know? – Where is he? | -是谁想知道 -他在哪里 |
[15:13] | Answer the question. | 回答问题 |
[15:17] | Where’s Stephen Bonnet? | 斯蒂芬·邦内特在哪里 |
[15:30] | They say the sea lives inside every shell. | 他们说海洋寄宿在每一个贝壳之中 |
[15:37] | Can you hear it… the sea calling? | 你能不能听到 大海的呼唤 |
[15:41] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[15:43] | I was walking down the thoroughfare in Wilmington | 我走在威明顿的大道上 |
[15:45] | when I saw you from afar. | 远远地看见了你 |
[15:48] | I thought to myself, “Doesn’t she look familiar?” | 我问自己 她是不是看上去很眼熟 |
[15:52] | You see, I never forget a face… | 要知道 我见过的人从不会忘 |
[15:54] | neither yours nor your lovely daughter’s. | 不管是你的 还是你美丽女儿的 |
[16:00] | She seems to have inherited your beauty. | 看起来 她继承了你的美貌 |
[16:06] | How’s my son? | 我儿子怎么样了 |
[16:07] | Does he resemble his handsome father? | 继承了他父亲的英俊吗 |
[16:09] | You don’t have a son! | 你没有儿子 |
[16:10] | You’re misinformed. | 你被误导了 |
[16:12] | Your daughter told me as much to my face. | 你女儿可是当着我的面说过 |
[16:15] | I think I found… | 我想我找到了… |
[16:16] | Bree, run! | 布丽 快跑 |
[16:18] | No. | 不 |
[16:21] | – Go! – I am not leaving you. | -快跑 -我不要丢下你 |
[16:26] | – Let her go. – Shoot him! | -放开她 -朝他开枪 |
[16:28] | Let her go! | 放开她 |
[16:29] | Put that down, | 把枪放下 |
[16:30] | or I’ll cut her throat on the count of three. | 不然我就数到三 割开她的喉咙 |
[16:34] | One, two… | 一 二… |
[16:37] | Wait! Wait. | 等等 |
[16:41] | I’ll let your mother go… | 如果你跟我走… |
[16:44] | as long as you come along with me. | 我就放了你母亲 |
[16:47] | It’s my son and you I’m wanting. | 我要的是你和我儿子 |
[17:25] | Bree! | 布丽 |
[17:34] | Brianna! | 布丽安娜 |
[18:18] | Would you like some tea? | 喝茶吗 |
[18:20] | Where are we? | 这是哪里 |
[18:21] | You’re safe on my island. | 你在我的岛上很安全 |
[18:25] | Where the hell is my mother? | 我母亲在哪 |
[18:28] | I left her on the beach. I have no quarrel with her. | 我把她留在了海滩上 我和她无冤无仇 |
[18:34] | – We have a quarrel with you. – Still? | -我们和你有 -现在还有吗 |
[18:39] | It’s not because I couldn’t remember your name in the jail, is it? | 不是因为我在监狱里没想起来你的名字吧 |
[18:46] | Can’t we just let bygones be bygones? | 我们不能忘记前嫌吗 |
[18:51] | I have something for you. | 我有件东西给你们 |
[19:18] | For our son. | 给我们的儿子 |
[19:20] | He’s not our son. | 他不是我们的儿子 |
[19:23] | His father is my husband, Roger MacKenzie. | 他的父亲是我丈夫 罗杰·麦肯齐 |
[19:26] | I know you had to tell him that the boy was his, | 我知道你是不得已这么说的 |
[19:29] | but you and I know the truth. | 但你我知道真相 |
[19:30] | We made him… | 我们造了他… |
[19:33] | and there’s no denying that. | 这无可否认 |
[19:36] | I want to do right by you and him… | 我想好好对待你们… |
[19:41] | To be a real father. | 当一位真正的父亲 |
[20:05] | I have something for you, too. | 我也有件东西给你 |
[20:25] | It’s Brianna. | 布丽安娜出事了 |
[20:26] | Where is she? | 她在哪儿 |
[20:28] | Bonnet has her. | 邦内特掳走了她 |
[20:40] | You look so beautiful in your gift. | 你穿着这件礼物真美 |
[20:45] | Please come in. | 请进 |
[20:50] | Am I supposed to pull out the chair for you? | 我是要为你拉椅子吗 |
[20:57] | Please sit down. | 请坐吧 |
[21:01] | Please. | 请 |
[21:23] | When we’re at River Run, | 我们去了奔流庄园时 |
[21:25] | we’ll have better servants to do this for us. | 会有更好的仆人伺候我们 |
[21:27] | You mean slaves. | 你是说奴隶 |
[21:30] | Is it the master of the house who’s supposed to do it? | 这是一家之主该做的事吗 |
[21:37] | Should I pass this with both hands? | 我要两只手递给你吗 |
[21:44] | You’ll teach me. | 你会教我的 |
[21:46] | I don’t think anyone can teach you a damn thing. | 我不认为有谁能教会你一件破事 |
[21:48] | “A damn thing,” Huh? | “破事” 是吗 |
[21:51] | I’m surprised to hear language like that from a lady. | 真没想到一位淑女也会说出那种话 |
[21:55] | You think someone lowly like me can’t better himself? | 你觉得像我这样卑贱的人 不能提升自己吗 |
[22:05] | What I need is something I can’t buy. | 我需要的 是钱买不来的事 |
[22:09] | A moral compass? | 道德吗 |
[22:10] | To make sure our son knows what to do, | 确保我们的儿子知道该做什么 |
[22:12] | how to get on in the world. | 怎么在世上立足 |
[22:14] | You can show me how to be in your world and in his. | 你可以教我怎么进入你和他的世界 |
[22:21] | Show me what to do, hmm… | 教我该怎么做 |
[22:24] | how to be a worthy gentleman | 当一位合格的绅士 |
[22:26] | and no harm will come to you. | 你就不会受伤 |
[22:28] | Why do you want to be a gentleman? | 你为什么想当绅士 |
[22:32] | You saw something in me. | 你看到了我的优点 |
[22:35] | You’re drawn to me. We’re drawn to each other. | 你被我吸引 我们互相吸引 |
[22:37] | That’s why fate has brought us together again… | 所以命运才让我们一次又一次 |
[22:41] | and again… | 相遇… |
[22:45] | To be parents to Jeremiah. | 做杰里迈亚的父母 |
[22:49] | You know his name? | 你知道他的名字吗 |
[22:51] | Of course I do. | 当然 |
[22:55] | Let’s eat. | 吃饭吧 |
[23:13] | Elbows off the table in polite society. | 在上流社会 手肘不能撑在桌上 |
[23:19] | And don’t bend down to your food. | 也别弯腰去吃食物 |
[23:21] | You bring your fork up to your mouth. | 而是用叉子送到嘴边 |
[24:01] | It’s improper for a lady and gentleman to be alone like this. | 淑女和绅士这样独处是不得体的 |
[24:05] | I can have some of my men come and join us, if you’d prefer. | 如果你愿意 我可以喊几个手下来加入 |
[24:08] | No. | 不 |
[24:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[24:18] | What now, then? | 现在怎么办 |
[24:22] | How… | 像… |
[24:24] | do… | 我们… |
[24:25] | men and women of our standing… | 如此地位的男女 |
[24:28] | pass the time? | 怎么消磨时间 |
[24:30] | You could read to me. | 你可以读书给我听 |
[24:32] | That is something a gentleman would do. | 那是绅士会做的事 |
[24:37] | Or if you don’t know how, then maybe I-I could read to you. | 或者如果你不会 我可以读给你听 |
[24:43] | Here. | 来 |
[24:47] | Is that something you do for our son? | 这是你为我们的儿子做的事吗 |
[24:49] | Does he like that? | 他喜欢那样吗 |
[24:57] | I love reading… | 我喜欢读书 |
[25:00] | putting yourself in other people’s shoes… | 把自己代入角色中 |
[25:03] | living with characters, learning what drives them. | 和他们一起生活 了解他们的渴望 |
[25:08] | Usually it’s love, money… | 通常都是爱情 金钱… |
[25:12] | revenge. | 复仇 |
[25:15] | Which do you think drives me? | 你觉得我的渴望是什么 |
[25:18] | Money. That’s why I’m here, isn’t it? | 金钱 那也是我在这的原因 不是吗 |
[25:22] | Because you want River Run. | 你想要奔流庄园 |
[25:24] | It isn’t ladylike to hurt a man’s pride, surely… | 淑女可不会这么侮辱一个男人的自尊 |
[25:28] | thinking me no better than a common thief. | 把我当成蟊贼 |
[25:30] | Well, it isn’t love, is it? | 反正不是爱 对吗 |
[25:33] | Prove me wrong. | 证明我错了吧 |
[25:34] | You don’t hurt the people you love. | 证明你不会伤害你爱的人 |
[25:38] | And if it’s revenge, I have done nothing to you. | 如果是复仇 我和你无冤无仇 |
[25:42] | There are two sides to every story. | 每个故事都有两面 |
[25:47] | You don’t know mine. | 你不知道我的 |
[25:56] | If I were to tell Jeremiah my story– our story… | 如果我要告诉杰里迈亚我的…我们的故事 |
[26:01] | Will he…feel for me? | 他会…喜欢我吗 |
[26:05] | You can’t make someone love you. | 你无法逼一个人爱上你 |
[26:07] | Well, I’ve heard the expression “Learn to love.” | 我听说过一个说法 “学会去爱” |
[26:11] | Perhaps you could learn to love me | 也许你可以为了我们的儿子 |
[26:13] | for the sake of our son. | 而试着学会爱上我 |
[26:15] | I think I could learn to love you. | 我觉得我可以学着爱上你 |
[26:33] | When you came to me in the jail… | 你到监狱看我 |
[26:37] | and-and told me that there’d be something left of me | 并告诉我这世上还会留下 |
[26:39] | on this earth… | 我的痕迹 |
[26:45] | I couldn’t forget how that made me feel. | 我简直难以忘记那一刻的感受 |
[26:52] | It wasn’t for revenge or… | 不是为了复仇或… |
[26:58] | For money. | 为了钱 |
[27:04] | So will you teach me how to love? | 那你会教我如何去爱吗 |
[27:13] | I’ll read for you… | 我会为你念书 |
[27:16] | like I read to Jeremiah. | 就像我为杰里迈亚念书一样 |
[27:29] | This book is a good one. | 这本书很不错 |
[27:32] | I think you’ll like it. | 我觉得你应该会喜欢 |
[27:38] | “The mysterious sea captain of the Pequod | “裴廓德号的神秘船长 |
[27:41] | “Was a man named Ahab. | 是一个叫阿哈布的人 |
[27:43] | “He stood on two legs– | 他稳稳站立… |
[27:45] | “One of flesh and bone. | 一条是人腿 |
[27:48] | “The other one was-was made out of the bones of a whale. | 另一条则是用鲸骨做成的假腿 |
[27:53] | “His leg had been taken during a voyage | 他的腿是在一次与另一头 |
[27:56] | “by another monstrous white whale known as… | 著名的白鲸战斗时失去的… |
[28:00] | Moby Dick.” | 莫比·迪克” |
[28:03] | This is one of Jeremiah’s favorites. | 这是杰里迈亚最喜欢的 |
[28:07] | So my son likes tales of the sea. | 我的儿子喜欢大海的故事 |
[28:14] | “Captain Ahab nailed a doubloon to the mast of his ship | “阿哈布在桅杆上钉了一枚达布隆 |
[28:18] | “And swore that there would be a great prize | 他向大家保证 第一个发现那条鲸鱼的人 |
[28:20] | “For the first man to sight the whale. | 将会得到一大笔钱 |
[28:23] | “He said they would stop at nothing | 他说他们只有找到那条白鲸 |
[28:25] | “Until they found him… | 并杀死它后 |
[28:28] | and killed him.” | 才会停下步伐” |
[28:34] | Please. Please keep reading. | 拜托 继续念下去 |
[28:42] | “The beast was unpredictable, as was the sea. | “这头怪物神出鬼没 大海也变幻多端 |
[28:46] | “But every day | 但是他们 |
[28:47] | “They arose thinking that today would be the day | 每天起床的时候都告诉自己 |
[28:50] | that they would look the monster in the eye.” | 今天 肯定能发现那头怪物” |
[28:54] | What happens in the end? Does he get the whale? | 最后怎么样了 他找到那头鲸鱼了吗 |
[28:57] | Well, you-you don’t want me to tell you know, do you? | 你不希望我这么快就告诉你吧 |
[29:00] | There’s so much more to come. | 后面还有很多内容 |
[29:02] | You must be tired, and I want to know how this ends. | 你肯定累了 我想知道结局 |
[29:05] | I really hope that Ahab | 我很希望阿哈布 |
[29:07] | slaughters the whale and gets his revenge. | 最后杀死了鲸鱼 实现了复仇 |
[29:10] | Moby Dick capsizes Ahab’s boat, | 莫比·迪克掀翻了阿哈布的船 |
[29:13] | destroys the ship, and Ahab is dragged under the sea. | 毁掉了那艘船 阿哈布被拖进了海里 |
[29:18] | What, the monster prevails? | 什么 那头怪物赢了吗 |
[29:25] | And Ahab is… | 阿哈步被… |
[29:27] | drowned, then? | 淹死了吗 |
[29:29] | Well, that depends on which one you think is the monster… | 那得看你觉得到底谁才是怪物… |
[29:35] | The man hell-bent on revenge or the whale who’s hunted. | 执着于复仇的男人 还是遭到捕杀的鲸鱼 |
[29:41] | The sea is a treacherous place… | 大海是一个危险的地方 |
[29:44] | where creatures prey upon one another. | 海里的生物互相捕食 |
[29:49] | And the sea herself is… | 大海本身… |
[29:52] | hungry for souls. | 也会吞噬灵魂 |
[29:56] | What does that mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[29:58] | A nightmare. | 一个噩梦 |
[30:03] | The sea, uh… | 大海… |
[30:08] | It comes for me. | 淹没了我 |
[30:11] | Darkness closes in. | 笼罩下来的黑暗 |
[30:17] | I cannot move. | 我动不了 |
[30:22] | No one comes. | 没有人来救我 |
[30:26] | No one ever comes. | 没有人会来 |
[30:33] | It’s only a dream. | 这只是一个梦 |
[30:35] | So you don’t think any less of me for telling you? | 所以你听了以后不觉得我很软弱吗 |
[30:38] | No. | 不觉得 |
[30:41] | I could never think any less of you. | 我永远不会觉得你很软弱 |
[30:48] | Does Jeremiah get scared, | 杰里迈亚会害怕吗 |
[30:50] | have nightmares and the like? | 他会做这样的噩梦吗 |
[30:53] | Sometimes. | 有时候会 |
[30:57] | He’s only a little boy. | 他只是一个孩子 |
[31:00] | He needs his mother. | 他需要他的母亲 |
[31:02] | Oh, I never had a mother… | 我从来没有过母亲 |
[31:06] | Or a father… | 或父亲 |
[31:09] | or a– | 或… |
[31:10] | I was an orphan. | 我是一个孤儿 |
[31:22] | What do you do to comfort him? | 你会怎么安抚他 |
[31:26] | How could I… | 我要怎么… |
[31:28] | comfort him? | 安抚他 |
[31:31] | Please… | 拜托 |
[31:35] | Please tell me. | 拜托你告诉我 |
[31:40] | I would go to him… | 我会走到他身边 |
[31:44] | Take him in my arms… | 把他抱在怀里 |
[31:48] | and I would hold him there until he feels safe. | 我会抱着他 直到他有安全感 |
[31:56] | Will you show me? | 你能让我看看吗 |
[32:01] | A lady would say “Good night” Now, | 一个淑女现在该说”晚安”了 |
[32:05] | and she would go to her bed… | 她该一个人上床… |
[32:11] | Alone. | 休息了 |
[32:20] | Then I look forward to bidding you good morning. | 那我期待着明早向你问好 |
[32:27] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[33:14] | Good morning, my lady. | 早上好 夫人 |
[33:20] | Breakfast is served. | 早餐已经准备好了 |
[33:35] | Tea? | 喝茶吗 |
[33:46] | So would we live here? | 我们要住在这里吗 |
[33:56] | We could live anywhere you’d like, | 你想住在哪里都行 |
[33:58] | a place in town, if it pleases you. | 如果你愿意 可以住到城里 |
[34:06] | I was thinking I should go and fetch Jeremiah. | 我想我应该把杰里迈亚接过来 |
[34:09] | I can’t be away from him for too long. | 我没法和他分开太久 |
[34:13] | I’ll come with you. | 我和你一起去 |
[34:14] | Perhaps it would be better if I tell him | 也许应该由我来告诉他 |
[34:18] | that you’re going to be in his life. | 你会和他一起生活了 |
[34:20] | We don’t want to upset him. | 我们也不希望惹他不高兴 |
[34:23] | He is only young. | 他年纪还小 |
[34:27] | We don’t how my family are going to react. | 也不知道我们的家人会作何反应 |
[34:30] | My father and Roger are… | 我父亲和罗杰… |
[34:33] | well, they’re-they’re not like you. | 他们…他们跟你不一样 |
[34:36] | It would be more prudent if I were to go. | 我去说的话可能会更妥当 |
[34:40] | Then I’ll come back to you. | 然后我再回来找你 |
[34:43] | Fate will bring me back to you… | 我命中注定会回到你的身边 |
[34:47] | like it has before. | 就像之前一样 |
[34:49] | Is that what you want? | 这是你想要的吗 |
[34:51] | Well, it’s what we both want, isn’t it? | 我们都想要这样 不是吗 |
[34:58] | When would you go? | 那你什么时候动身 |
[35:00] | Should we not spend more time together here first to bond? | 我们不是该先在这好好培养一下感情吗 |
[35:03] | I miss Jemmy so much, | 我太想念吉米了 |
[35:05] | and I know that you wanted to meet him. | 我知道你也很想见他 |
[35:09] | The sooner I can leave… | 我越早动身 |
[35:13] | the sooner I will return to you. | 就越能早点回到你身边 |
[35:25] | Yes. | 好吧 |
[35:34] | And while you’re gone, | 你离开的这段时间 |
[35:35] | I’ll go to Wilmington and find us a place… | 我会去威明顿给我们找个房子 |
[35:38] | with a parlor and a bedchamber for us | 那里会有属于我们的客厅和卧室 |
[35:41] | and for our son. | 还有我们儿子的一方天地 |
[35:43] | And we’ll seal our promise to one another with a kiss. | 让我们以吻封缄 守住彼此的承诺 |
[36:18] | If there’s one thing I don’t need to be taught… | 如果说有一件事是我不需要别人来教的 |
[36:21] | it’s what a kiss is. | 那就是 什么才是接吻 |
[36:26] | – That was just our first time– – Don’t. | -刚刚只是我们第一次尝试 -不必了 |
[36:28] | St-Stephen, we should-we should try again– | 斯蒂芬 我们 我们可以再试一次 |
[36:30] | I’m not good enough for you, eh? | 我配不上你 是吗 |
[36:31] | No, no. That is not– | 不 我不是 |
[36:32] | I’ll give you a reason to despise me. | 我可以给你一个理由看不起我 |
[36:35] | I-I-I hoped-I hoped you were being truthful. | 我本希望 希望我们能对彼此坦诚 |
[36:39] | I was. I… | 我是的 |
[36:40] | I let my feelings cloud my judgment. | 我让个人的情感影响了我的判断力 |
[36:44] | And the last time I did that, I was a young workman, | 上一次我这么做的时候 我还是个年轻工人 |
[36:48] | and I was fooled into thinking the other men liked me. | 我被人愚弄 误以为他们喜欢我 |
[36:50] | And they got me drunk, and they left me for dead | 他们把我灌醉 把我一个人抛在 |
[36:53] | in the foundations of a cellar I’d helped them dig. | 我亲手帮他们挖的地窖的地基里 等死 |
[36:56] | I don’t need you to get Jemmy. | 我用不着你去接吉米 |
[37:05] | I’ll show you what you’re missing. | 我会让你见识到 你错过了什么 |
[38:04] | For a few pennies more, you could watch me and her. | 再加一点点钱 你可以看我和她搞 |
[38:10] | That one won’t be enjoying herself today. | 那位今天不会有什么兴致了 |
[38:13] | Then I’ll collect my money. | 那我就等着拿钱了 |
[38:16] | But send for me again when it suits you. | 有需要的时候再找我过来 |
[38:19] | I’ll fetch your coin. | 我去给你拿钱 |
[38:23] | But don’t let her out of your sight. | 但是别让她离开你的视线 |
[38:30] | Do you know where we are? | 你知道我们在哪吗 |
[38:32] | This place? Ocracoke. | 这个地方吗 奥克拉科克 |
[38:36] | Do you know Mr. Bonnet well? | 你跟邦内特先生很熟吗 |
[38:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:41] | He sends for me when the fancy takes him, | 他兴致来了 就会让我过来 |
[38:43] | or he brings me out on a boat with him. | 有时候会带我一起出海 |
[38:45] | He’s fond of breakfast in bed, if you take my meaning. | 他喜欢在床上吃早餐 如果你懂我意思的话 |
[38:50] | But I’ve never known him to have two girls together | 不过我从来不知道他喜欢看两个女人搞 |
[38:52] | or to be wanting someone watch while he’s at his pleasure. | 或者做的时候让别人在旁边看着 |
[38:57] | Was it to your liking? | 这是你的喜好吗 |
[38:58] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[39:00] | He’s holding me here against my will. | 他不顾我的意愿把我监禁在这里 |
[39:03] | Well, whoever you are, he takes what he wants | 不管你是谁 他想要的就要得到 |
[39:06] | and you better not cross him. | 你最好不要惹怒他 |
[39:10] | – What’s your name? – They call me Eppie. | -你叫什么名字 -他们叫我艾佩 |
[39:13] | Eppie, I have to get away from here. | 艾佩 我必须离开这里 |
[39:16] | Chances are he’ll tire of you in a few days. | 他可能几天就玩腻你了 |
[39:18] | No, you don’t- that’s not-that’s not what he wants from me. | 不 你不懂 他想从我这得到的不是这个 |
[39:21] | – Is it money? – No, I… | -是钱吗 -不 我 |
[39:24] | He means to ransom you? | 他想用你来勒索赎金吗 |
[39:26] | I’ve never known scruples | 我从没见过 |
[39:27] | to interfere with the man’s appetite. | 有什么顾虑可以影响他的性致 |
[39:28] | Here. | 这个 |
[39:29] | If I give you this, will you help me? | 如果我把这个给你 你会帮我吗 |
[39:33] | Help you do what? | 帮你做什么 |
[39:34] | Get word to my husband. | 给我丈夫带句话 |
[39:36] | His name is Roger MacKenzie, and he’s in Wilmington, | 他叫罗杰·麦肯齐 他在威明顿 |
[39:39] | as is my father, James Fraser. | 还有我父亲 詹姆斯·弗雷泽 |
[39:41] | You need to tell them where I am. | 你需要告诉他们 我在这里 |
[39:44] | Rich, your family, then, are they? | 你们家 很有钱是吗 |
[39:47] | Very. | 很有钱 |
[39:51] | I’d like to help you, | 我很想帮你 |
[39:53] | but Bonnet is a fair man | 但是如果你跟邦内特 |
[39:56] | as long as your interests run with his. | 利益相关 他会是个守信的人 |
[40:00] | If it doesn’t, there won’t be no warning. | 如果他不再需要你 那么不会有任何警告 |
[40:02] | – Please– – One moment, whiskey and song, | -求你 -上一秒你们还在喝酒唱歌 |
[40:03] | the next, you’re breathing blood… | 下一秒 你嘴里呼出的就是自己鲜血了 |
[40:06] | if you’re still breathing at all. | 如果你还能呼吸的话 |
[40:09] | Mind your tongue, and all will be well. | 小心说话 你会没事的 |
[40:12] | I am begging you, woman to woman– – | 求你了 看在我们都是女人的份上 |
[40:28] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[40:38] | Mr. Wylie! | 威利先生 |
[40:42] | Yet. | 下一刻就不是了 |
[40:43] | What is the meaning of this? | 这是什么意思 |
[40:44] | Why are you accosting me in the street? | 为什么当街把我抓过来 |
[40:47] | Tell us where Bonnet is. | 告诉我们邦内特在哪 |
[40:49] | You said he’d come to us, but he didn’t. | 你说他会来见我们 但他没有露面 |
[40:51] | Did you give us up? Did you tell him it was me? | 你是不是出卖了我们 你告诉他是我了吗 |
[40:54] | No, I swear. I don’t know where he is. | 没有 我发誓 我不知道他在哪 |
[40:57] | He keeps his goods at my landing, | 他把他的货放在我的码头 |
[40:59] | and all I did was arrange for him to meet you there. | 我只是安排了他去那边跟你们见面而已 |
[41:01] | He has my wife! | 他把我妻子抓走了 |
[41:03] | Where’s his ship? Where does he make berth? | 他的船在哪 他把船停在哪里 |
[41:05] | I don’t know. If I did, I’d tell you. | 我不知道 如果知道我肯定告诉你了 |
[41:09] | He’s made my life a misery, | 他把我的生活搞得一团糟 |
[41:11] | threatening me with | 他威胁我 |
[41:12] | blackmail over business he draws profit from. | 要挟我做他从中获利的生意 |
[41:16] | Please. | 求你 |
[41:22] | There’s a brothel he frequents, Mistress Sylvie’s. | 有个他常去的妓院 西尔维夫人家 |
[41:25] | He and I have had meetings there in the past. | 他之前约我去那边见过几次 |
[41:27] | I’m sure you will find someone there who knows Bonnet. | 我相信你一定能在那边找到认识邦内特的人 |
[41:31] | He is a creature of habit. | 他是依赖习惯的人 |
[41:35] | And make yourself scarce, Mr. Wylie. | 滚吧 威利先生 |
[41:37] | Without a shadow of a doubt. | 这是一定的 |
[41:48] | You two stay in the tavern | 你们俩待在客栈 |
[41:50] | in case Bonnet or his men come looking for us. | 以防邦内特或者他手下来找我们 |
[41:52] | Dinna ken what he might do. | 不知道他会做出什么事 |
[41:55] | Claire and I will pay Mistress Sylvie a visit. | 克莱尔和我去西尔维夫人那一趟 |
[42:16] | Will ye have Mary fetch some of her wee cakes, Ulysses? | 可以让玛丽给我们拿点饼干吗 尤利西斯 |
[42:18] | Of course, sir. | 当然 先生 |
[42:20] | There’s no need, Ulysses. | 不需要 尤利西斯 |
[42:21] | This is business, not pleasure. We can eat afterwards. | 这是谈正事 不是娱乐 我们谈完再吃 |
[42:25] | Very good, Mistress. | 好的 夫人 |
[42:28] | – There. – I’m not invalid. | -靠着这个 -我又不是病人 |
[42:30] | But you’ve been suffering wi’ yer headaches of late. | 但是最近你一直头疼 |
[42:35] | I have been looking forward to this. | 这一刻我已经期待已久了 |
[42:39] | You have my blessing to do as you wish, my dear. | 我支持你做想做的事 亲爱的 |
[42:44] | Mr. Forbes, Mistress. | 福布斯先生来了 夫人 |
[42:47] | I’ll leave you to it. | 我先出去了 |
[42:55] | I’ll see you’re not disturbed. | 我去确保没人打扰您 |
[42:58] | A pleasure as always, Mistress Innes. | 很高兴见到您 英尼斯夫人 |
[43:03] | What can I do for you? | 有什么能帮忙的 |
[43:05] | My nephew, Jamie, visited us not so long ago | 不久前我的外甥杰米来看我们的时候 |
[43:08] | with happy news from the Ridge. | 带来了山脊那边的好消息 |
[43:11] | My great nephew, Ian, has returned from the Mohawk. | 我的甥外孙伊恩从莫霍克回来了 |
[43:15] | Oh, really? How interesting. | 真的吗 太好了 |
[43:17] | And Marsali’s had another bairn, | 玛沙利又生了个孩子 |
[43:19] | a wee girl. | 是个姑娘 |
[43:21] | Oh, yeah, that’s lovely. | 太好了 |
[43:22] | So I was thinking… | 所以我在想 |
[43:25] | we’re very comfortable, Mr. Innes and I, | 我们很富裕 我和英尼斯先生 |
[43:27] | and we will be for the rest of our days. | 后半辈子都将衣食无忧 |
[43:30] | We dinna want for much. | 我们不想奢求太多 |
[43:33] | We canna take it with us when we… | 这些都是死了也带不走的身外物 |
[43:35] | You can’t take what with you? | 不能带走什么 |
[43:38] | Our earthly belongings, Mr. Forbes. | 钱财 福布斯先生 |
[43:41] | I want you to help me bestow some gifts | 我想你帮我赠予我的家族 |
[43:45] | upon my family. | 一些礼物 |
[43:47] | Gifts? What kind of gifts? | 礼物 什么礼物 |
[43:51] | My fortune. | 我的财产 |
[44:17] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[44:19] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[44:20] | Unusual to have husband and wife visit, | 虽然夫妇两人逛窑子不常见 |
[44:24] | but not unheard of. | 但并非闻所未闻 |
[44:25] | Mabel wouldn’t mind being partial to women. | 梅布尔不介意伺候女客人 |
[44:29] | No, we’re not here for that. | 不 我们不是为那而来的 |
[44:32] | We would like to speak to your ladies, urgently. | 我们有急事要跟小姐们说 |
[44:36] | That’ll be 10 shillings for the inconvenience. | 得拿十先令抵消为此带来的不便 |
[44:38] | And what price would you put on a girl’s life? | 那一个女孩的性命值多少钱 |
[44:41] | Are you threatening me? | 你是在威胁我吗 |
[44:43] | No. | 不 |
[44:47] | We’re looking for someone, | 我们在找个人 |
[44:49] | and we have reason to believe that you or some of your ladies | 我们有理由相信你或某位小姐 |
[44:53] | might know where he is. | 或许知道他在哪 |
[44:55] | We’re looking for a man named Stephen Bonnet. | 我们在找一个叫斯蒂芬·邦内特的人 |
[45:08] | You’ll find paper and writing implements on the table. | 桌上有纸笔 |
[45:13] | Wonderful. | 很好 |
[45:15] | Now… | 现在 |
[45:17] | Marsali and Fergus, I’d like to give them 100 pounds. | 玛沙利和费格斯 我要给他们一百英镑 |
[45:24] | Generous. | 真大方 |
[45:25] | And you’re, uh, certain | 你确定 |
[45:27] | that Mr. Innes is amenable to this? | 英尼斯先生会同意吗 |
[45:29] | He is indeed amenable. | 他肯定会同意 |
[45:32] | Oh, you’re fortunate to have found such a good match. | 你找到如此佳婿真是太幸运了 |
[45:34] | 玛沙利和费格斯 一百英镑 | |
[45:34] | And 50 pounds for their son, Germain, | 给他们的儿子热尔曼五十英镑 |
[45:37] | and of course for Joanie. | 琼妮也一样 |
[45:39] | 20 for the wee one | 小的留二十英镑 |
[45:41] | and perhaps 20 more for luck. | 或许再给二十凑个吉利 |
[45:45] | Are you recording this? | 你在记录吗 |
[45:47] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[45:50] | Every word. | 一字不漏 |
[45:51] | Do stop me if I go too quickly. | 如果我说得太快记得叫停我 |
[45:53] | Oh, not at all. | 不会的 |
[45:55] | Young Ian, bless him, | 小伊恩 保佑他 |
[45:57] | something to get him on his feet. | 他需要很多支持 |
[46:00] | 100–no. 200 pounds. | 一百 不 两百英镑 |
[46:05] | Well, that is astonishingly kind. | 你真是太慷慨了 |
[46:08] | You hardly know the lad. | 你都不认识那小子 |
[46:09] | And he’s been living with the Indians. | 他一直和印第安人生活在一起 |
[46:12] | Nevertheless, he is kin. | 不论如何他也是我的亲人 |
[46:15] | Was it not enough to bequeath your property | 把你的财产留给小杰里迈亚·麦肯齐 |
[46:18] | to young Jeremiah MacKenzie? | 难道还不够吗 |
[46:19] | You’re diminishing from his inheritance. | 你这是在削减他的遗产 |
[46:22] | ‘Tis better to give than to receive. | 施胜过受 |
[46:25] | Brianna and Roger… | 布丽安娜和罗杰 |
[46:28] | I’m hoping to give them a sizable sum. | 我想给他们一大笔财产 |
[46:31] | Perhaps 1,000 pounds. | 或许给一千英镑 |
[46:41] | There we are. | 好了 |
[46:44] | Miss Brianna and her husband | 布丽安娜和她的丈夫 |
[46:48] | will be quite comfortable as well. | 也会相当富裕 |
[46:51] | Gerald… | 杰拉德 |
[46:53] | I had hoped it would be you she chose, | 我本来希望她会选择你 |
[46:57] | but ’tis all water under the bridge by now. | 但现在木已成舟 |
[47:01] | Aye. | 是 |
[47:02] | Ooh, we mustn’t forget young Lizzie. | 差点忘了小丽兹 |
[47:06] | The servant? | 那个仆人 |
[47:07] | She’s a poor sweet thin. | 她是个可怜的姑娘 |
[47:10] | 25 pounds? | 25英镑 |
[47:11] | – No. – No? | -不 -不 |
[47:14] | Whatever is the matter, Mr. Forbes? | 怎么了 福布斯先生 |
[47:17] | You can’t give away my money. | 你不能把我的钱给别人 |
[47:19] | Your money? | 你的钱 |
[47:21] | You’ve left me no choice. | 是你逼我的 |
[47:25] | You’ve robbed me of my dignity. | 你让我颜面扫地 |
[47:28] | I would have been a good husband to you or Brianna! | 我本来该是你或布丽安娜的好丈夫的 |
[47:32] | You won’t rob me of my share in your fortune! | 你休想再夺走我该得的那笔财产 |
[47:50] | Mistress! | 夫人 |
[47:53] | Mistress. | 夫人 |
[47:56] | Mistress. | 夫人 |
[48:01] | Jocasta. | 乔卡丝塔 |
[48:17] | Never heard of him. | 从没听说过这人 |
[48:25] | Your hip…anisomelia. | 你的臀部 肢体不等长 |
[48:28] | What did you call me? | 你刚才叫我什么 |
[48:29] | I didn’t call you anything. | 不是在叫你 |
[48:31] | I merely identified what’s causing the pain in your hip | 我只是发现了造成你臀部和背部 |
[48:34] | and your back and the pain | 还有腿部 |
[48:36] | that shoots down your leg from time to time. | 时不时疼痛的原因 |
[48:38] | How did– | 你怎么 |
[48:41] | Are you a conjure woman? | 你是巫女吗 |
[48:43] | No. | 不 |
[48:46] | I’m a healer, | 我是个医生 |
[48:47] | and I can tell that you’re in a great deal of pain. | 我看得出你正饱受病痛折磨 |
[48:51] | Let me help you. | 让我帮你 |
[48:52] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[49:00] | Turn around. Give me your gown. | 转过去 把长袍脱了 |
[49:06] | Here, hold on to the chair. | 扶好椅子 |
[49:15] | Did you know that your legs are uneven? | 你知道你的腿长短不同吗 |
[49:18] | Your left leg– | 你的左腿 |
[49:20] | well, it’s longer than your right. | 比右腿长 |
[49:22] | And lift your right heel as I adjust it. | 我调整时抬起右脚跟 |
[49:29] | Lift up. | 抬起来 |
[49:33] | There. | 好了 |
[49:38] | Any half-decent cobbler | 任何一个像样的鞋匠 |
[49:40] | should be able to make you a lift about this thickness. | 都应该能帮你做这么厚的鞋跟 |
[49:43] | It should greatly reduce your pain. | 这应该能大幅减轻你的疼痛 |
[49:45] | Perhaps even in time, it will completely disappear. | 也许以后疼痛还会完全消失 |
[49:49] | I’m not so popular | 我没那么受欢迎 |
[49:51] | as to have spare money going for fancy shoes. | 没有多余的钱买好鞋子 |
[49:55] | I’ll be happy to make a contribution. | 我很乐意做点贡献 |
[49:58] | Why? | 为什么 |
[49:59] | Because when someone is in need | 因为当别人有需要 |
[50:01] | and you can help, then you help. | 你又能帮忙时 那就帮忙 |
[50:05] | Please… | 拜托了 |
[50:06] | Stephen Bonnet took my daughter. | 斯蒂芬·邦内特带走了我女儿 |
[50:08] | She has a husband and a small child, | 她有丈夫和年幼的孩子 |
[50:11] | and I need to bring her home. | 我需要带她回家 |
[50:15] | If he ever learned it was me, he’d slit my throat. | 如果他知道是我说的 会割开我的喉咙的 |
[50:18] | He will never find out. | 他永远也不会知道 |
[50:24] | You’ll need a boat. | 你需要一条船 |
[50:31] | I found a boat from a fisherman. | 我从渔夫那搞到了一条船 |
[50:32] | Very good. Let’s go. | 很好 出发吧 |
[50:34] | What did you pay him with? | 你付给了他什么 |
[50:35] | I didna need money, Auntie. | 我不需要钱 舅妈 |
[50:37] | He gladly took Mr. Malcolm’s new clothes in return. | 他很高兴地拿走了马尔科姆先生的新衣服 |
[50:42] | Come and greet Captain Howard, sweetheart. | 来跟霍华德船长打个招呼吧 亲爱的 |
[50:45] | Please, sir, I’m being held against my will. | 拜托了 先生 我是被强迫的 |
[50:47] | My husband and my– | 我丈夫和我 |
[50:50] | Of course you are. | 当然了 |
[50:52] | I wouldn’t be here to make a purchase | 如果你自愿来的 |
[50:53] | if you were here voluntarily. | 我也不会来买下你 |
[51:03] | Very lovely indeed. | 的确很可爱 |
[51:08] | But the red hair– I do prefer a flaxen mane. | 但是红发 我喜欢淡黄色的鬃毛 |
[51:20] | She’s very fine. | 她很不错 |
[51:23] | She’s in good health. | 身体健康 |
[51:25] | The teeth…ah. | 看看牙齿 啊 |
[51:28] | Ah. | 啊 |
[51:30] | The teeth. | 我要看牙齿 |
[51:40] | Very nice. | 很好 |
[51:42] | Has she– | 她 |
[51:48] | Wild bitch. | 疯婊子 |
[51:50] | Captain, she’s not yours yet, is she? | 船长 她还不是你的 对吧 |
[51:54] | Mine or not… | 不管是不是我的 |
[51:57] | someone should teach her some manners. | 该有人教她点规矩 |
[52:00] | I admit, I don’t often shy away from a challenge… | 我承认 我一般不会逃避挑战 |
[52:06] | Breaking a wild mare. | 驯服一匹母马 |
[52:09] | Six pounds. | 六英镑 |
[52:23] | We’re old friends. | 我们是老朋友了 |
[52:26] | You can take her for six. | 六英镑可以买下她 |
[52:28] | She’s nothing but property. | 她只是财产 |
[52:31] | She’s not worth more than that. | 就值这么多 |
[52:33] | – We’re agreed, then? – Yes. | -那就说好了 -是的 |
[52:36] | She’s yours as soon as I see the money. | 只要我看到钱 她就归你 |
[52:39] | Follow me to the boat. | 跟我去船上 |
[52:42] | Manny holds the purse. | 我的钱包在曼尼那 |
[52:44] | Very well. | 很好 |
[52:47] | First, let’s have another drink. | 我们先喝一杯 |
[52:51] | For you, sweetheart, brandy. | 给你的 亲爱的 白兰地 |
[52:54] | You’ve earned it. | 你应得的 |
[52:55] | Please. | 求你了 |
[52:57] | Please, don’t do this. Please, I am begging you. | 求你了 别这样做 我求你了 |
[53:01] | I can’t be parted from Jemmy. | 我不能离开吉米 |
[53:04] | Please don’t do this. | 求你别这样 |
[53:08] | Don’t worry. I’ll take care of him. | 别担心 我会照顾他的 |
[53:26] | Manny… | 曼尼 |
[53:29] | my purse. | 我的钱包 |
[53:39] | Bree! | 布丽 |
[53:44] | Manny! | 曼尼 |
[53:47] | Brianna! | 布丽安娜 |
[53:53] | You’re safe. | 你安全了 |
[53:58] | We’ll take our leave. | 我们走了 |
[54:00] | To the boat, lad. | 去推船 小伙子 |
[54:13] | Come on. | 快 |
[54:43] | Do you think his men will come for him? | 你觉得他的手下会来找他吗 |
[54:46] | Not if they have any sense. | 如果他们有脑子就不会 |
[54:48] | They’ll be rid of him soon enough. | 他们很快就会摆脱他 |
[54:50] | They’ll have a ship and their freedom. | 他们会得到一艘船和自由 |
[54:52] | And we saved them the bother of a mutiny. | 我们为他们省去了叛乱的麻烦 |
[55:07] | You can have a drop… for your soul. | 你可以喝一口 为了你的灵魂 |
[55:17] | Know that whatever happens, | 要知道不管发生什么 |
[55:18] | the last face you’ll see on this earth | 你在这世界上见到的最后一张脸 |
[55:20] | willna be that of a friend. | 不会是朋友的脸 |
[55:28] | I want to take him to Wilmington. | 我希望带他去威明顿 |
[55:30] | I want him to be judged according to the law. | 我希望按法律审判他 |
[55:35] | But can you trust them? | 但你能信任他们吗 |
[55:37] | His dealings have bought a lot of influence in Wilmington. | 他的交易让他在威明顿有很大的影响力 |
[55:40] | Tryon. | 泰伦 |
[55:44] | This bastard may have influence | 这混蛋也许对商人 |
[55:45] | with businessmen and landowners, | 和地主有影响力 |
[55:47] | but surely Governor Tryon outdoes them all… | 但州长泰伦比他们更有话语权 |
[55:51] | even from New York. | 就算他在纽约 |
[55:52] | Aye. | 是 |
[55:53] | Tryon still owes us for his mistake at Alamance. | 泰伦在阿拉曼斯犯了错 他还欠我们的 |
[55:57] | He’ll see him condemned. | 泰伦会确保他被判刑的 |
[55:59] | That I’m sure of. | 这点我很确定 |
[56:14] | Stephen Bonnet, | 斯蒂芬·邦内特 |
[56:15] | known pirate and smuggler, was tried this morning | 臭名昭著的海盗和走私犯 今天早上 |
[56:18] | before the Wilmington Committee of Safety. | 接受威尔明顿安全委员会的审判 |
[56:21] | And upon testimony of his crimes | 根据多人提供的 |
[56:23] | having been presented by a number of persons, | 关于他罪行的证词 |
[56:26] | was convicted of them | 他被判有罪 |
[56:27] | and sentenced to death by drowning. | 判处溺死 |
[58:14] | Brianna? | 布丽安娜 |
[58:17] | Was that mercy? | 那是手下留情吗 |
[58:21] | Or was it to make sure he’s dead? | 还是为了确保他死定了 |