时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Here we go. Buddy Holly’s a perfect example. | 就这样了 巴迪·霍利就是个绝好的例子 |
[00:21] | Buddy Holly, the day he died, uh– | 巴迪·霍利 他死的那天… |
[00:23] | Yeah, I know, he won a coin flip, | 我知道 他投硬币赢了 |
[00:25] | or he wouldn’t have been on the plane. | 不然他就不会登上那架飞机 |
[00:27] | No, it was actually Valens that won the coin toss. | 不是 其实是瓦伦斯赢了 |
[00:29] | It was Buddy Holly that chartered the plane. | 是巴迪·霍利租下了飞机 |
[00:31] | Do you wanna know why? | 想知道为什么吗 |
[00:33] | ‘Cause he was tired of riding in shitty buses? | 因为他不想坐糟心的公交了 |
[00:35] | No, he was tired of shitty underwear. | 不是 他不想再穿着糟心的内裤了 |
[00:38] | So he decided that he wanted to get to wherever he was going | 所以他决定不管去哪 |
[00:41] | as quickly as possible, so he could do laundry. | 都要尽快赶到 这样他就能换洗衣服了 |
[00:44] | – It’s true. – You’re saying | -是真的 -你是说 |
[00:45] | “The Day the music Died” was because of soiled briefs? | 「音乐消亡日」是因为脏内裤写出来的 |
[00:48] | Another good example is D-Day. | 还有个好例子就是诺曼底登陆日 |
[00:49] | The Nazis knew that we were coming, | 纳粹知道我们要来 |
[00:51] | so they wanted to line the beach with tanks | 于是他们想在海滩上用坦克筑成防线 |
[00:52] | so they could literally blow us out of the water. | 好把我方炸死在海里 |
[00:54] | But Hitler decided that it was a good day for sedatives. | 但希特勒那天正好服用了镇静剂 |
[00:57] | So they couldn’t wake him up | 他们叫不醒他 |
[00:59] | to get the final sign-off for the tanks, | 他没能给坦克下最后发动令 |
[01:00] | and the rest is history. | 接下来历史就上演了 |
[01:01] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在胡说什么呢 |
[01:03] | I’m talking about decisions. | 我在说关于决定的事 |
[01:03] | – What, I’m Hitler in this analogy? – No. | -什么 你把我比成希特勒吗 -不是 |
[01:06] | I would hope not. | 希望你不是 |
[01:08] | Uh, I’m just saying that any decision made, big or small, | 我只是说不管做什么决定 或大或小 |
[01:12] | has an impact around the world. It’s difficult. | 都会对这个世界造成影响 这很难 |
[01:15] | Marty, I just don’t need a theoretical analysis right now. | 马蒂 我现在不需要理论分析 |
[01:18] | I know. I’m just saying this is tough. | 我知道 我只是说做决定很艰难 |
[01:21] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:23] | Marty, watch out. | 马蒂 小心 |
[01:41] | What we’re looking for | 我们要找的是 |
[01:42] | is further development in the global market. | 在全球市场的进一步发展 |
[01:45] | Right now, we have the number one growth percentage in our industry | 现整个北美 我们在这个行业中 |
[01:48] | throughout North America, | 增长率排第一 |
[01:49] | and have provided all of the ceramic tiling, | 所有的瓷砖都由我们供应 |
[01:52] | the high-end ceramic tiling, | 高端瓷砖 |
[01:53] | that you’ll see in these recent condominium projects | 芝加哥新建公寓工程中都可以看见 |
[01:55] | right here in Chicago. | 我们的瓷砖 |
[01:57] | The figures are all there. | 数据都在上面 |
[01:59] | Whoever we hire has the potential to benefit exponentially, | 我们雇的人都有潜力使我们的利润呈指数增长 |
[02:04] | if they’re in the know of proper risks– | 如果他们了解适当的风险… |
[02:06] | Well, Mr. Del Rio, we’re only really concerned | 德尔·里奥 我们只关心 |
[02:07] | with how much you benefit, | 你们公司如此注重多元化 |
[02:09] | with the sole focus being your company’s diversification. | 你们的实际利润是多少 |
[02:12] | And… And as you expand, | 另外 随着你们的扩张 |
[02:13] | we’ll keep a cap on the number of new accounts we take on, | 我们会给我们接手的新账户数量设置上限 |
[02:16] | in contrast to these bigger firms who can easily swallow you up. | 我们和那些能轻易吞并你们的公司不同 |
[02:20] | Where here, you’ll be numero uno. | 在这里 你们说了算 |
[02:24] | And what is your name? | 你叫什么 |
[02:27] | Marty Byrde. | 马蒂·比德 |
[02:30] | Mr. Byrde, I’d like to hear your thoughts. | 比德先生 我想听听你的意见 |
[02:33] | Yeah, okay. I, uh… To be honest, you know, I… | 行 我…老实说 我… |
[02:36] | I can’t really assess much until I look at the numbers. | 在我看过这些数据之前我没法做出评估 |
[02:38] | I’m the numbers guy. | 我比较注重数据 |
[02:39] | That’s a… That’s a good word to remember. “Honest.” | 这个词用得很好 「老实」 |
[02:42] | You see, these big firms, they would just jump right in | 这些大公司 他们会直接介入 |
[02:44] | -without properly analyzing the data. | 根本不会分析数据 |
[02:47] | Very well. I’ll be waiting. | 很好 我等着 |
[02:51] | Well, this could take a while. | 可能会要一阵子 |
[02:53] | Oh, I have time. | 我不赶时间 |
[02:56] | – Are you sure? – Okay. | -你确定吗 -好吧 |
[03:11] | You last worked for the Rush campaign? | 你上份工作是为拉什竞选 |
[03:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:15] | Yes, I did his three… his three runs. | 我参与了他的三次竞选 |
[03:18] | And then I also worked for Obama’s, uh, state senate race. | 我还在奥巴马的州议会竞选中工作过 |
[03:21] | Yeah, but… before he was Obama. | 是 但那时候他还不是现在的奥巴马 |
[03:25] | My dad worked on one of the Rush campaigns. | 我爸也为拉什竞选工作过 |
[03:28] | – Oh, really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[03:31] | – I’m sorry, what’s your last name? – Rakowski. | -不好意思 他姓什么 -拉科夫斯基 |
[03:34] | Rakowski? Tim? | 拉科夫斯基 提姆吗 |
[03:36] | – Yeah. – Oh, my God! | -是的 -天啊 |
[03:38] | Oh, my God, I see the resemblance. How’s he doing? | 天 你们长得很像 他最近怎么样 |
[03:41] | Retired. We don’t talk much. | 退休了 我们不怎么联系 |
[03:47] | You last worked on it in… | 你的上份工作是在… |
[03:49] | Um, 2002. | 2002年 |
[03:52] | Right. | 好 |
[03:53] | I was really pregnant with my daughter Charlotte at the time. | 我那时怀了我的女儿夏洛特 |
[03:57] | I didn’t think I was gonna make it. | 我觉得带着身孕没法工作 |
[03:58] | And then I was about to come back and I… I had my son Jonah– | 而我刚准备重回职场时 又怀了我儿子乔纳 |
[04:01] | Well, what we’re really looking for here | 我们要找的 |
[04:03] | is a press manager with their finger on the pulse, ’cause– | 是一个紧跟潮流的公关经理 因为… |
[04:06] | You don’t have your finger on the pulse, | 没有潮流感 |
[04:07] | you’re not gonna connect with the 18 to 29s | 就不能和18到29岁年龄层的人产生共鸣 |
[04:10] | who are gonna swing the election. | 他们正是会摇摆选举结果的人 |
[04:14] | I’m sorry, it’s just, I… I know that speech. | 抱歉 只是 我知道这套说辞 |
[04:17] | I gave that speech to people who sat in this chair | 我也对应聘者说过这样的话 |
[04:21] | when I was sitting in yours, so, you know… | 我也做过招募者 所以… |
[04:23] | Look, my… my résumé clearly tells you that I can do this job. | 瞧 我的简历清楚地说明我能胜任这份工作 |
[04:28] | And I understand that the future of campaigning is online. | 我明白未来的选举更倚重网络 |
[04:31] | I’m on Myspace, I’m on Friendster, | 我也会玩空间 我也玩交友网站 |
[04:34] | and there’s a new network called Facebook, | 现在还有个新网络叫脸书 |
[04:35] | which I think is gonna be influential. | 我觉得我也用得很溜 |
[04:37] | So, I know how to reach young people. | 所以我知道怎么和年轻人打交道 |
[04:41] | I’ll level with you. | 跟你说实话吧 |
[04:42] | You seem like a nice woman, and, clearly, you’re qualified. | 你看起来是个很好的人 很明显你能胜任 |
[04:47] | So is everyone else, and they’re coming off recent campaigns. | 其他人也一样 但他们参与过最近的竞选 |
[04:52] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[04:55] | Anthony, what did I tell you? | 安东尼 我怎么跟你说的 |
[04:57] | Don’t look at me like that. Play nice. | 别那样看着我 听话 |
[05:01] | Think you should take your own advice, Louis. | 你自己也该听话 路易斯 |
[05:04] | Really? Here in the playground? | 真要这样吗 追到游乐场 |
[05:06] | You people have no shame, do you? | 你们这些人真是不要脸 |
[05:08] | I told you to call my lawyer. | 我说了去联系我的律师 |
[05:10] | Oh, sure, I’ll call, but just thought you might wanna see this. | 当然 我会的 但你应该想看看这个 |
[05:14] | Dad! Dad, look at me now! | 爸爸 爸爸 快看我 |
[05:19] | You know your choices, right? | 你知道自己有几个选择吧 |
[05:21] | – Work with me… – Dad! | -跟我合作 -爸爸 |
[05:23] | …or watch Anthony grow up from a six-by-ten | 或者错过安东尼长大成人的时光 |
[05:25] | while you chow down on bean gruel with roach feces, | 在号子里吃着混着蟑螂屎的稀粥 |
[05:28] | – and try to navigate risky showers. – Dad! Look at me, Dad! | -洗澡时还要保护后庭 -爸爸 快看我 |
[05:31] | – Your call. – Look at me, Dad! | -随你 -看我 爸爸 |
[05:34] | – Damn it, Anthony, I see you! – Hey, come on, man! | -该死 安东尼 我看到了 -别这样 |
[05:40] | You know the position you’re putting me in, right? | 你知道你在让我陷入什么境地吧 |
[05:42] | That’s the point, Lou. | 这就是重点 路 |
[05:45] | Take your time. | 好好想想 |
[05:46] | Meet me here on Monday. | 周一在这儿见 |
[05:49] | Your family will thank you. | 你家人会感谢你的 |
[05:56] | Shit! Fuck! | 妈的 我日 |
[05:57] | – Well, it’s straight. – Shit! | -挺直的 -妈的 |
[06:00] | – Whatever, whatever. – I see it. You’re all right. | -随便吧 随便吧 -我看见了 还行 |
[06:04] | I need more time to warm up. | 我需要时间热身 |
[06:05] | All right, Del. Right down the middle. | 好了 德尔 直捣中间 |
[06:08] | – Have to account for the wind. – Yeah. | -这得仰仗风了 -棒 |
[06:15] | Yeah! | 可以 |
[06:16] | – Damn. Hell of a shot, Del. – Beautiful. | -这杆真厉害 德尔 -漂亮 |
[06:21] | Nice tempo on that swing, too. | 挥杆的速度也不错啊 |
[06:22] | You’ve been playing since last time. | 上次打完一直在练习吧 |
[06:23] | Not really. | 并没有 |
[06:25] | Listen, I had a thought. | 我有个想法 |
[06:27] | You know, Chicago fucking winters are brutal. I can’t take it. | 芝加哥的冬天太他妈冷了 我受不了 |
[06:31] | It might be beneficial for both of us | 如果我在暖和点的地方开家店 |
[06:33] | if I set up a shop somewhere warm, like where you’re at. | 对我们俩都好 比如你那地方 |
[06:36] | – Maybe down in the Caymans. – Louis? | -也许在开曼群岛 -路易斯 |
[06:38] | Yeah? | 怎么 |
[06:39] | A man who only talks business is a failure | 只谈生意的人在生活的各个方面 |
[06:40] | in all aspects of life. | 都是失败者 |
[06:44] | Just golf. | 只打高尔夫 |
[06:45] | This is vacation. | 这是假期 |
[06:49] | Don’t you worry, Louis. | 不用担心 路易斯 |
[06:51] | Old Brucey’s just getting warmed up. | 布鲁斯这才刚热身 |
[06:55] | When he starts talking about himself in third person, we’re golden. | 他开始用第三人称称呼自己 我们就赢定了 |
[06:58] | And here comes the pain. | 一记痛击 |
[07:02] | Fuck. | 我操 |
[07:05] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:13] | The best smack talk? No talk at all. | 什么话最能打脸 笑而不语 |
[07:18] | I wish restaurants still had smoking sections, you know? | 真希望餐厅现在还有吸烟区 |
[07:22] | You should run for office on that platform, Ma. | 你这宣言真该去竞选 妈 |
[07:24] | Yeah, maybe I will. Couldn’t be any worse. | 也许我真会 还能糟到哪去 |
[07:29] | So how’s work? | 工作怎么样了 |
[07:31] | – I left that job. – Why? I thought you loved it. | -我辞了 -为什么 我还以为你喜欢 |
[07:34] | You know, I had to reschedule one day, last minute. | 有一次我只能在最后一刻重新安排时间 |
[07:37] | They pitched a fit. | 他们就不高兴了 |
[07:39] | And I did a damn good job for them, too. | 我一直勤勤恳恳地为他们工作 |
[07:41] | – What… so you were fired? – It was mutual. | -什么 所以你被炒了 -是相互的 |
[07:46] | This is the second time this month that you left a job. | 你这个月已经辞了两份工作了 |
[07:48] | Oh, come on, please. My ankle’s been bothering me. | 拜托 我的脚踝一直不舒服 |
[07:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:57] | – Hi, Barb. – Oh, hi, sweetie. | -芭芭拉 -亲爱的 |
[08:02] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉来迟了 |
[08:06] | Oh, what? You never seen a kiss before? | 怎么 没见过亲嘴吗 |
[08:12] | – So, what did I miss? – Ma was just pining for the days | -我错过什么了 -妈妈在怀念以前 |
[08:16] | when you could get lung cancer with your lunch. | 吃午饭都能吃成肺癌的时候 |
[08:18] | My dad would agree with you. | 我爸肯定会赞同你 |
[08:26] | No… You know, it’s our generation. | 不是 是我们那代人的缘故 |
[08:28] | But, you know, he never gives me credit for how progressive I am. | 不过我这么进步开放 他从来都没夸过我 |
[08:31] | He kept you a secret from me for over a year. | 你的事他瞒了我一年 |
[08:34] | It was for your own protection, trust me. | 那是为了保护你 相信我 |
[08:36] | Yeah, right. I couldn’t be happier you got each other. | 好吧 但你们俩在一起我非常开心 |
[08:39] | Now I don’t have to worry about some floozy breaking his heart. | 现在我不用担心什么荡妇让他心碎了 |
[08:41] | No. No, you do not. | 不 你不用担心 |
[08:44] | Oh, I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[08:45] | Um, get me a box for this, please. | 把这个给我打包 谢谢 |
[08:47] | – I’m full. – Sure. | -我饱了 -好 |
[08:54] | – Is everything good? – Yeah. | -一切顺利吗 -当然 |
[08:56] | – What do you mean? – Nothing, it’s just… | -怎么了 -没什么 就是 |
[08:59] | She seems a little off. | 她有点心不在焉 |
[09:01] | Well, she just lost another job. | 她只是又丢了一份工作 |
[09:03] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[09:06] | What? | 怎么了 |
[09:08] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么都没说 |
[09:10] | No, but you were obviously thinking something. | 是 但你肯定在想什么 |
[09:14] | – Are you irritated? – No. | -你生气了吗 -没有 |
[09:18] | But what were you thinking? | 不过你到底在想什么 |
[09:21] | Well, she’s just, you know… | 她就是 那种 |
[09:24] | Her eyes, it looks like she might be on something. | 她的眼神 看起来好像服用了什么 |
[09:27] | – Like what? – I don’t know. | -比如什么 -我也不知道 |
[09:29] | – Pills, possibly. – No. | -也许是毒品 -不可能 |
[09:31] | She went through all that when she moved out. | 她搬出去之后就戒毒了 |
[09:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:34] | I just think I’m pretty sure | 我只是很确定 |
[09:35] | I would know if she was on something. | 她要是服用了什么我肯定会知道 |
[09:37] | Hey, she’s your mom, | 她是你妈 |
[09:39] | but from what I’ve seen, | 但在我看来 |
[09:39] | the ones closest to the person often miss it. | 最亲近的人经常会忽视一些东西 |
[09:42] | I mean, they can’t imagine a loved one doing that to themselves. | 他们难以想象至亲对自己做出那种事 |
[09:54] | It’s almost like they cook it | 就好像他们做出这东西 |
[09:54] | so more people get sick and have to be admitted. | 就为了让多人食物中毒 只能进医院 |
[09:57] | Sound fucking business plan, you ask me. | 依我看 听着是个操蛋的商业计划 |
[10:00] | – No good, huh? – No bueno. | -很糟糕是吧 -很糟糕 |
[10:04] | Thanks for coming. Really appreciate it. | 谢谢你过来 真的很感激 |
[10:07] | Are you kidding me? Where else would I be? Come on. | 开什么玩笑 我还能去哪里 拜托 |
[10:11] | Though I did see a hot candy striper on the third floor, | 不过我确实在三楼看到一个火辣脱衣舞娘 |
[10:13] | so I’m gonna have to duck out and say hello… | 所以我得开溜一会去打个招呼… |
[10:16] | …for a few. | 闲聊几句 |
[10:17] | – All right. – Have some action. | -好吧 -采取点行动 |
[10:23] | Look, Marty, if you need help… | 听着 马蒂 如果你需要帮助… |
[10:26] | with anything… like, anything, watching the kids… | 任何事 比如看孩子之类的… |
[10:30] | You’ve never watched kids in your life. | 你这辈子都没看过孩子 |
[10:31] | That is true, but how hard could it be? | 没错 但这能有多难 |
[10:33] | They’re just like you and me, only… only smaller. | 他们和我们差不多 只是小个些 |
[10:37] | You’d be surprised. | 你可想象不到 |
[10:42] | Marty, you can’t blame yourself for what happened. | 马蒂 你不能为发生的事责怪自己 |
[10:46] | – I know. – Do you? | -我知道 -是吗 |
[10:48] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:49] | I’m serious, there’s nothing you could do. | 我是说真的 你也无能为力 |
[10:51] | Like my dad always said, “Everything happens for a reason.” | 就像我爸常说的 「万事皆有因」 |
[10:56] | Your dad sounds like he was full of shit. With all due respect. | 恕我直言 你爸听起来满口废话 |
[10:59] | Yeah, well, perhaps. | 好吧 也许是吧 |
[11:01] | You really believe that? You really think that there’s some… | 你真信那个吗 你真认为有… |
[11:04] | some preordained chart, floating around up in the ether, | 有天命书漂浮于苍天 |
[11:06] | with our fate all figured out? | 指引着我们的命运吗 |
[11:07] | I don’t know about a preordained chart– | 我不知道什么天命书 |
[11:08] | That’s a bunch of crap. | 那都是胡扯 |
[11:10] | Things happen because human beings make decisions, | 万事会发生是因为人们在做决定 |
[11:13] | they commit acts… | 他们会采取行动… |
[11:15] | and that makes things happen. | 那会导致万事的发生 |
[11:17] | And it creates a snowball effect with the… | 并且形成了滚雪球效应… |
[11:21] | you know, their world around them, | 影响着他们周围的世界 |
[11:23] | causes other people to make decisions. | 推动了其他人做决定 |
[11:25] | Cycle continues, snowball keeps rolling. | 周而复始 雪球滚动 |
[11:29] | And even when that’s not the case, | 即便不是如此 |
[11:31] | when life’s events are not connected | 即便生活事件 |
[11:32] | to other people’s decisions and actions, | 跟其他人的决定和行动无关 |
[11:34] | it’s not some bullshit fucking test sent down from the universe | 那也不会是什么来自宇宙的测试 |
[11:37] | – to check your resolve, you know. – Okay. | -检验人们决心的那一通鬼扯 -好吧 |
[11:39] | I mean, what would the reason be | 什么原因能让一个健康的 |
[11:40] | for some healthy five-year-old to get a brain tumor? | 五岁小孩患上脑瘤 |
[11:44] | Or why would a tsunami wipe out a village? | 或者什么原因致使海啸侵袭村庄 |
[11:46] | You tell those families everything happens for a reason. | 你却告诉受害家庭 万事皆有因 |
[11:51] | No, sometimes people make decisions, shit happens, | 有时人们做了决定 发生了糟糕的事 |
[11:55] | and we gotta act accordingly. | 我们就得采取相应行动 |
[11:58] | Or you can… crawl in a hole and die, you know? | 或者你也可以…挖个洞钻进去等死 |
[12:03] | Well, it was a shitty thing for me to say and… | 我那话确实不妥 |
[12:06] | …I’m sorry, bud. | 抱歉 兄弟 |
[12:15] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[12:18] | Honey? | 亲爱的 |
[12:23] | Wendy? | 温迪 |
[12:29] | Jonah? | 乔纳 |
[12:34] | Guys, anybody home? | 有人在家吗 |
[13:04] | – Hey, guys. Hi. – Hi, Dad. | -小家伙们 -爸爸 |
[13:06] | Where’s Mommy? | 妈妈在哪 |
[13:08] | – I don’t know. – Okay. | -我不知道 -好吧 |
[13:10] | Do me a favor and watch the rest of the movie inside? | 帮我个忙 进屋看电影好吗 |
[13:12] | It’s getting cold. I’ll check upstairs. | 天要降温了 我去楼上看看 |
[13:14] | I’ll be right back, okay? | 马上就下来 好吗 |
[13:15] | – You get that. – I’ll get that. | -你拿这个 -我拿这个 |
[13:33] | Honey, the kids were all alone in the yard. | 亲爱的 孩子俩独自在院子里玩 |
[13:35] | It’s been five minutes. It’s just… It’s only five minutes. | 五分钟 只待了五分钟 |
[13:37] | – But that’s five minutes. – What do you want me to do? | -那也不短了 -你想让我怎么做 |
[13:39] | Burst in tears in front of them or come up here? | 在他们面前痛哭流涕还是躲房间里哭 |
[13:42] | – I think I made the right choice. – Okay. | -我觉得我的选择是对的 -好吧 |
[13:44] | At least I had a choice. | 至少我还有得选 |
[13:47] | What can I do to help you feel better? | 我能做什么让你好受些 |
[13:49] | Nothing, Marty. | 什么也不行 马蒂 |
[14:06] | – Welcome, señor. – You made it. | -欢迎 先生 -你来了 |
[14:08] | Hi. Hey, Del. Yeah, we made it. How are you? | 德尔 是的 我们来了 你好 |
[14:10] | Bienvenidos. | 欢迎 |
[14:10] | Marty, this is my wife, Elena. | 马蒂 这是我太太 埃莱娜 |
[14:12] | So, Wendy, what do you do? | 温迪 你是做什么的 |
[14:14] | Well, I… work for political campaigns. | 我…做有关政治竞选的工作 |
[14:17] | Or, I… I used to, anyway. | 或者说我…反正以前做这个 |
[14:20] | Get out! I helped run | 不会吧 我在老家参与了 |
[14:21] | our last mayoral campaign back home. | 上一届市长竞选的组织工作 |
[14:22] | Oh, really? Is it as corrupt there as it is in Chicago? | 真的吗 那里的政治和芝加哥一样腐败吗 |
[14:26] | Don’t get me started. | 别让我打开话匣子 |
[14:27] | Sorry, I’m late. Everybody. | 抱歉 我来晚了 各位 |
[14:28] | Sorry, I’m late, Del. Raul, how’s the wine? | 抱歉来晚了 德尔 劳尔 这酒怎么样 |
[14:31] | – Yeah? – Hey. Hi. Marty. | -不错吧 -你好 我叫马蒂 |
[14:33] | Didn’t I see you at the Finance & Credit Conference | 几周前 在芝加哥财政信贷会议上 |
[14:35] | in Chicago a few weeks ago? | 我看见的是你吗 |
[14:38] | Oh, God, shoot me. | 我的天 杀了我吧 |
[14:39] | Never catch me dead | 从没在这种催眠大会上 |
[14:41] | at one of those snoozefests, huh? | 看我睡得这么死 是吗 |
[14:42] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. Like, tell me about it, right? | -是吗 -我同意 |
[14:44] | Like, pick your poison. | 就像面对两难选择 |
[14:45] | Either you can, uh… | 要么你可以… |
[14:46] | you can listen to the blah-blah-blah lectures | 你可以选择听废话连篇的报告 |
[14:48] | or engage with one of the homely women. | 也可以选择和一个居家型女人调情 |
[14:51] | The what, Bruce? What kind of women? | 什么 布鲁斯 哪种女人 |
[14:54] | Who go to conferences, | 哪种女人去参加会议 |
[14:55] | and are smart and deal in finance? | 头脑聪明又能经营财政事务 |
[14:57] | What kind of women? | 你说说是哪种女人 |
[14:58] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说些什么 |
[15:00] | You’re on your own here, Bruce. | 你得孤军奋战了 布鲁斯 |
[15:01] | Yes, Bruce, what do you mean by “Homely”? | 布鲁斯 你说「居家型」是什么意思 |
[15:03] | Oh. Homely, homely. I just meant, uh, thoughtful… | 居家型…我意思是 体贴 |
[15:06] | – Get him. -…and nurturing… | -逼死他 -并且懂教育… |
[15:07] | Yeah. Backpedal. | 赶紧收回吧 |
[15:08] | I’m gonna take Wendy’s advice and reel it back. | 我会听温迪的 收回我的话 |
[15:11] | Reel it back, my friend. | 赶紧收回 朋友 |
[15:12] | When in doubt, take Wendy’s advice. | 拿不准的时候 就听温迪的 |
[15:14] | But to come to Bruce’s mild defense, | 但说到布鲁斯的温和性防御 |
[15:17] | he was always the very first person at the hospital | 当孩子出生的时候 |
[15:19] | when the kids were born. You know, or at least the second. | 他总是第一个到医院 或至少是第二个 |
[15:22] | – Yeah. – Or the… | -是啊 -或第 |
[15:24] | – the fourth or the fifth… – Top five. | -第四或第五 -前五 |
[15:25] | But it totally just… | 但这完全只是 |
[15:27] | just offsets the time when he made that speech at our wedding | 只是补偿了他在我们婚礼上演讲的那次 |
[15:29] | just to make sure | 只是为了确定 |
[15:30] | that the maid of honor knew what room he was in. | 伴娘清楚他在哪个房间 |
[15:32] | Yeah. Well, I… I had a suite. | 没错 我 我有一个套房 |
[15:38] | Wendy, I’m going to the street fair tomorrow morning. | 温迪 我打算明早去街头集市 |
[15:40] | Would you please come with me? | 能不能请你和我一起去 |
[15:42] | Oh. I… I would really like that. Thank you. | 我 我很乐意 谢谢 |
[15:44] | This is good. So the fellas can, you know, hit the links. | 很好 这样小伙子们就能去打高尔夫了 |
[15:48] | Mmm. Yes, please. Sounds good. | 好的 拜托 听起来不错 |
[15:49] | Louis, are you practicing your swing? | 路易斯 你在练习挥球吗 |
[15:54] | – That’s convincing. – Yeah, that did not… | -还挺像回事 -是啊 那并不 |
[15:56] | – I did find something. – You did? | -我确实发现了一些东西 -是吗 |
[15:58] | Yeah, a couple things, actually. Um, you see here… | 是的 事实上不只一项 你看这里 |
[16:01] | Uh, this column right here. | 这一栏 |
[16:02] | You know, first look at it, it looks tip-top, right? | 乍一看 它看起来像是顶点 对吧 |
[16:05] | But if you take a closer look, all of these accounts here, | 但如果你更仔细看 这儿的所有账户 |
[16:07] | the decimal number is rounded up to an even number. | 小数都被四舍五入成了一个平均数 |
[16:11] | Meaning? | 意思是 |
[16:12] | Uh, well, I mean, aside from that anomaly | 我是说 除了那种异常现象 |
[16:15] | and a few other discrepancies, | 还有其他一些不一致 |
[16:17] | you know, it all sort of… | 这些全都有点… |
[16:19] | it leads me to believe that maybe half of these accounts are… | 让我觉得也许这里的半数账户都是 |
[16:22] | are casuistic. | 决疑的 |
[16:24] | In layman’s terms, please. | 说通俗点 谢谢 |
[16:26] | Uh, that they’re completely made up, you know? | 就是它们完全是伪造的 明白吗 |
[16:30] | And correct me if I’m wrong, | 如果我说错了请纠正 |
[16:31] | but, um, you know, I’m curious if, uh… | 但我在想会不会… |
[16:34] | if these false accounts weren’t planted | 这些假账户会不会 |
[16:37] | as sort of, uh, a test for potential money managers. | 不是作为潜在资金经理人的测试而设立的 |
[16:43] | And if that wasn’t the case? | 如果不是你想的那样呢 |
[16:45] | That would take me to the second point. | 那我们就来到了第二个要点 |
[16:47] | I’m not quite sure how to say this, | 我不太确定怎么要说 |
[16:49] | but it seems that someone | 但看起来有人 |
[16:51] | could be skimming off of half of these accounts. | 能从这半数账户上揩油 |
[16:56] | Stealing from me? | 偷我的钱 |
[16:59] | I… I don’t want to make any accusations, | 我 我不想指控谁 |
[17:01] | but I would imagine you already have your suspicions, | 但我猜你已经有怀疑对象了 |
[17:04] | otherwise you wouldn’t be here. | 不然你就不会在这儿了 |
[17:06] | Yes. Yes. | 是的 是的 |
[17:09] | Mr. Del Rio, this is exactly | 德尔·里奥先生 |
[17:11] | the kind of care and detail you’re gonna want. | 这正是你会需要的细致 |
[17:13] | And I’d love to take credit for it, | 我也想自己居功 |
[17:15] | but I think it’s pretty obvious that my best asset is the fact | 但很明显 我最大的财富是 |
[17:18] | that I’m friends with this guy, | 我跟这家伙是朋友 |
[17:19] | and no other firm in Chicago employs him. | 而芝加哥没有别的公司雇佣了他 |
[17:27] | Would you like to work together? | 你想合作吗 |
[17:30] | – Yeah, I think that we– – I was asking Mr. Byrde. | -当然 我认为我们 -我问的是比德先生 |
[17:33] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[17:36] | Unfortunately, my client list is full. | 很不幸 我的客户名单已经满了 |
[17:42] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[17:46] | Thank you for coming in, though. | 但还是感谢你能过来 |
[17:48] | Yeah, business is very busy right now, but I… | 现在业务很忙 但我… |
[17:51] | I so appreciate you coming in and it was a pleasure to meet you. | 非常感谢你能过来 很高兴见到你 |
[17:57] | At least let me repay you for your thoughtful analysis. | 至少让我报答一下你细致的分析吧 |
[18:01] | My pleasure. | 不用 这是我的荣幸 |
[18:02] | – You sure? – Mm. Yeah. | -你确定 -是的 |
[18:04] | You know, we have partnerships with resorts all over the world. | 我们和世界各地的旅游胜地都有合作 |
[18:07] | Perhaps you and yours would like to join us for a long weekend? | 也许你和你家人想加入我们度个长周末 |
[18:10] | -Yeah. -Oh, well, it’s a nice offer. | -好啊 -这是个很好的提议 |
[18:12] | It’s just… It’s not a great time for me. | 只是 我现在不太方便 |
[18:17] | -Thank you, Mr. Del Rio. -Have a nice day. | -谢谢 德尔·里奥先生 -祝好 |
[18:22] | Dude, are you… are you fucking crazy? | 伙计 你他妈是不是疯了 |
[18:24] | That was like finding a winning lottery ticket | 那就像是上完厕所后在你鞋跟上 |
[18:25] | on the heel of your shoe after leaving the shitter, | 找到一张中奖彩票 |
[18:27] | and you just sent him walking. | 而你却让他走了 |
[18:29] | We have no idea what his affiliations are. | 我们不知道他是做什么的 |
[18:32] | Affiliations? Why, ’cause he’s Hispanic? | 为什么要知道 因为他是西班牙人吗 |
[18:33] | I mean, now you’re profiling. | 你这是在以貌取人 |
[18:35] | – No. – You know what he does, conscientious Marty? | -不 -你知道他做什么吗 认真的马蒂 |
[18:37] | He tiles. He works in grout. | 他铺地砖 做建筑 |
[18:40] | His portfolio looked a bit more diverse than tile. | 他的投资组合看起来可不只是铺地砖 |
[18:43] | Okay. Do you know who you are? | 好吧 你知道你是谁吗 |
[18:45] | You’re the guy who makes everyone late to the party | 你是那个因为自己要上耳药 |
[18:47] | ’cause you have to pick up your ear medication. | 而让所有参加派对的人都迟到的人 |
[18:50] | That’s good. | 挺好 |
[18:51] | – That’s a good one. – Yeah. | -这比喻好 -是啊 |
[18:54] | You’re fucking killing me, dude. | 你他妈的快逼死我了 伙计 |
[19:04] | Easy, Wonder Woman. What, you couldn’t wait for us? | 慢点 神奇女侠 你就不能等我们回来吗 |
[19:07] | It’s not heavy. | 不重 |
[19:08] | -Hey, Scotty. -How are you? | -斯科蒂 -你好吗 |
[19:10] | – Great. Don’t I look great? – Oh, of course. | -好极了 我看起来不好吗 -当然没有 |
[19:14] | Here. | 来 |
[19:15] | – Here. – Isn’t it beautiful? | -放这儿 -很棒吧 |
[19:18] | Pierces got a new one, so they let me take it. | 皮尔斯家弄了个新的 所以把它送给我了 |
[19:20] | Well, it’s the least they could do, as hard as you work for them. | 比起你为他们的辛苦工作 这是他们该做的 |
[19:23] | Ah, I need the money. | 我需要钱 |
[19:25] | – Wait. For what? – For what? | -等等 为了什么 -为了什么 |
[19:28] | You can’t buy squat with smiles. | 你不能用笑容买到房子 |
[19:30] | Oh, my God. You gave Uncle Jack money again, didn’t you? | 我的天 你又开始给杰克叔贡献钱了是吧 |
[19:33] | Eh, he’s got some cockamamy idea. I don’t know. | 他想出了一些滑稽的点子 我不知道 |
[19:36] | He has a lot of business ideas, right? | 他有不少商业计划 对吧 |
[19:38] | They’re all called “Drinking.” | 都叫「喝酒」 |
[19:40] | Both he and grandpa. | 他跟爷爷都是 |
[19:41] | – What is this? – Oh, this? | -这是什么 -这个吗 |
[19:44] | Well, you see, you put worms on the end of the hook, | 你把虫子放到钩子那边 |
[19:47] | and then you put that in the water, and you… | 然后你把它放到水里 然后你… |
[19:49] | Fucking smart-ass, this one. | 真聪明 |
[19:51] | We’re leaving for a fishing trip after we drop off your table. | 我们把你的桌子送回去之后就会开始钓鱼之旅 |
[19:53] | Thank you for getting him out of the house. | 谢谢你带他出去玩 |
[19:55] | Oh. Here it comes. | 又来了 |
[19:57] | My mathlete son. | 我儿子是个数学健将 |
[19:59] | I mean, you do realize you have to stand in a river | 你知道你得穿着橡胶连体裤 |
[20:01] | for hours in rubber coveralls? | 在河里站好几个小时吧 |
[20:03] | – They’re called waders. – They’re called waders. | -那叫防水连靴裤 -那叫防水连靴裤 |
[20:05] | Oh. Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[20:07] | So is this it? | 还有别的吗 |
[20:08] | ‘Cause we’re gonna go back to your place | 我们要先回你那 |
[20:10] | – and then get on the road. – Hang on. | -然后再上路 -等下 |
[20:11] | – Ma, I will do it. – Hang on. | -妈 我去拿 -你等着 |
[20:14] | Oh, my God. She’s out of her mind. | 天啊 她一定是疯了 |
[20:17] | Ma? | 妈 |
[20:19] | Okay, don’t put any weight on it. | 那条腿别用力 |
[20:21] | – I’m gonna call the ER, okay? – I’m okay. | -我给急诊室打电话 -我没事 |
[20:23] | Come on. Give me your arm. All right. | 来 把胳膊给我 好了 |
[20:26] | Ready? One, two… | 准备好了吗 一 二 |
[20:27] | – Okay. Okay. You drive. – Yeah. | -你来开车 -好的 |
[20:29] | Just watch her leg… | 小心她的腿 |
[20:32] | Watch her leg. Here we go. Easy. | 小心她的腿 好了 慢点 |
[21:09] | – Hello? – Join me downstairs for a drink. | -喂 -下来跟我喝一杯 |
[21:16] | Isn’t… Isn’t the, um, lounge closed? | 休息室还没打烊吗 |
[21:20] | Not to us. | 对我们不打烊 |
[21:23] | Okay. See you in a bit. | 好吧 我马上来 |
[21:31] | To a winning round of golf. | 为高尔夫胜局干杯 |
[21:33] | – I picked a good partner. – Yeah. | -我挑了一个好搭档 -是的 |
[21:39] | This Cognac is, uh, $175 a drink. | 这个法国白兰地 175一杯 |
[21:42] | I… I have a feeling this is about more than golf. | 我觉得这不仅是高尔夫的事 |
[21:48] | I admire the way you never suffer bullshit, Marty. | 我欣赏你这种眼里不揉沙子的劲儿 马蒂 |
[21:51] | Or feed it. | 或者说不吃亏 |
[21:53] | You nor Wendy. | 你和温迪都是 |
[21:55] | Who, by the way, Elena adores. | 对了 埃莱娜特别喜欢她 |
[21:58] | I think she’s gonna leave me for her. | 我觉得她会为了她而离开我 |
[22:01] | I wouldn’t be surprised. | 我可不会吃惊 |
[22:02] | You know, Wendy talked to her about what happened. | 温迪跟她说了发生了什么 |
[22:06] | – The accident. – Yeah. | -车祸 -是的 |
[22:08] | We went through something similar. | 我们也经历过类似的事情 |
[22:11] | It really shook us. | 给我们的打击不小 |
[22:14] | I’m sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[22:16] | I don’t like to talk about it much, but… | 我不太喜欢提这件事 但是… |
[22:18] | you know, there’s always some idiot saying, | 总有一些蠢货说 |
[22:20] | “I know how you feel,” or… | 「我知道你的感受」或者… |
[22:23] | “Everything happens for a reason.” | 「万事皆有因」 |
[22:29] | I know you’re reticent, but… | 我知道你寡言少语 但是… |
[22:33] | I need you to work for me. | 我需要你为我工作 |
[22:39] | To clean your money. | 给你洗钱 |
[22:42] | You will be able to earn enough | 你赚的钱将足够 |
[22:43] | to afford your great-great-grandkids’ tuition. | 给你的重重重孙子交学费 |
[22:48] | You know how it works. | 你知道怎么回事 |
[22:50] | You think your life is going one way, and… | 你以为你的生活在朝着一个方向发展 |
[22:53] | then you look over here and it’s different. | 然后你看看这边 就不一样了 |
[22:56] | Like that, in the blink of an eye, it changes. | 就像这样 眨眼之间 生活变了 |
[22:59] | – Grab what you can while you can. – I, just, uh… | -把握时机 -我只是… |
[23:04] | You know… | 你知道的… |
[23:06] | What? The risks? | 什么 风险吗 |
[23:10] | – Yes. – Well, I understand, | -是的 -我理解 |
[23:12] | but you only really have to worry about the risks | 但除非你是粗心或蠢笨之人 |
[23:15] | if you are careless or dumb. | 才需要担心风险 |
[23:17] | And you’re neither. Let me be frank. | 这两者你都不是 我直说吧 |
[23:19] | My boss tasked me to find a pristine money guy. | 我老板让我找一个干净的管钱的 |
[23:24] | So whoever I choose… can be a risk. | 所以 不论我选谁 都可能有风险 |
[23:31] | Who’s your boss? | 你老板是谁 |
[23:35] | You have a pretty good idea, I’m sure. | 我相信你心里已经有答案了 |
[23:42] | There’s top firms | 有种顶尖的公司 |
[23:43] | that deal with discreet clients all the time and– | 专门受理小心谨慎的客户 而且… |
[23:46] | I took that portfolio to 50 investors. | 那个投资组合我给50个投资人看过 |
[23:48] | Either they didn’t catch any discrepancy | 谁都没看出来任何破绽 |
[23:51] | or they were just too fucking scared to… to speak up. | 要么就是他们太害怕不敢把想法说出来 |
[23:55] | I need someone who’s not just brilliant, | 我需要的人 不仅要聪明 |
[23:58] | but who also has integrity. | 还要诚信 |
[24:00] | Because integrity, my friend… | 因为诚信 我的朋友 |
[24:02] | is the shield to greed and vanity. | 能把贪婪和虚荣的阻挡在外 |
[24:06] | Well, you want somebody with integrity to do a job | 你想找个讲诚信的人去做一份 |
[24:08] | where they have to discard their ethics. | 违背其道德标准的工作 |
[24:10] | Are you talking about societal ethics or your own? | 你是在说社会道德还是你自己的 |
[24:13] | Well, probably both. You know… | 可能两者皆有 |
[24:15] | people live in a social contract, right? | 人们生活在社会契约之下 |
[24:17] | Okay. So then what job would you take? | 好吧 那你会接受什么样的工作 |
[24:20] | – Big Tobacco? – No. | -大烟草公司 -不 |
[24:23] | JP Morgan? | 摩根大通 |
[24:26] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别吗 |
[24:29] | The latter plays in a market that already exists. | 后者在真实存在的市场当中生存 |
[24:33] | So you’re saying… | 你是说 |
[24:35] | that because you’re not necessarily the manufacturer, | 因为你不一定是制造商 |
[24:37] | you can see a way around the clash of ethics? | 你能找到绕过这种道德冲突的方式 |
[24:39] | I would contend that | 我会说 |
[24:40] | this is a little bit more of a complex issue. | 这是一个更复杂的问题 |
[24:44] | Okay, fair enough. | 好吧 |
[24:45] | So let’s say there wasn’t a social contract. | 那么假设没有社会契约 |
[24:49] | What are your ethics? | 你的道德标准是什么 |
[24:52] | The one thing that trumps all the others? | 有什么能胜过一切 |
[24:56] | – To protect and provide for my family. – Exactly. | -要保护和养活我的家庭 -正是 |
[24:59] | You will be able to provide. | 你将能养活你的家庭 |
[25:03] | More than you can possibly dream. | 远超过你梦想的能力 |
[25:06] | Because you are the best I’ve ever seen, Marty. | 因为你是我见过的最棒的人才 马蒂 |
[25:10] | And we will protect you. But there’s one thing I ask. | 我们会保护你 但我有一个要求 |
[25:15] | – No Bruce. – Bruce? | -不能拉上布鲁斯 -布鲁斯 |
[25:18] | Bruce started the company. | 布鲁斯创建了公司 |
[25:19] | Bruce is my best friend since college. | 布鲁斯从大学起就是我最好的朋友 |
[25:22] | And, you know, I bet you | 你知道 我打赌 |
[25:24] | the thing that bothers you about people like Bruce, | 你对布鲁斯这种人的顾虑之处 |
[25:26] | uh, is the same thing that John Q. Public needs | 正是约翰Q[曾任美国总统]需要的 |
[25:29] | to feel confident to give him his money. | 能放心把钱托付给他的原因 |
[25:30] | And I would need those funds | 而且我会需要公司的资金 |
[25:31] | to wash anything with zero detection. | 以便洗什么都不会被查 |
[25:34] | Besides, he… he wouldn’t have any reason | 而且 他根本不会有理由 |
[25:37] | to deal with your accounts at all. | 去处理你的账户 |
[25:39] | So add loyalty to friends as a personal ethic, huh? | 所以要在个人道德里加一条对朋友忠诚是吧 |
[25:43] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:46] | Is it me or do you sound like someone who wants the gig? | 是我多心 还是你确实想要这份工作 |
[25:51] | No. That’s just the way my brain works. | 不 只是我的大脑是这么运作的 |
[25:53] | Just playing out the scenario. | 会预演场景 |
[26:00] | In another world… possibly. | 在另一个世界 有可能 |
[26:04] | But in this world, the… the one that’s reality… | 可在这个世界 现实情况是 |
[26:09] | Wendy would never go for it. | 温迪绝不会同意的 |
[26:15] | And I can respect that. Trust me. | 我可以尊重这点 相信我 |
[26:23] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[26:32] | Louis Zehner, 37, from Evanston, | 路易斯·泽纳 37岁 来自埃文斯顿 |
[26:35] | moving millions in and out of shell companies overseas. | 在从海外的空壳公司转进转出数百万美元 |
[26:38] | – Terrorism? – It’s more than likely drug-related, sir. | -恐怖主义 -更像是跟毒品有关 |
[26:41] | Oh, Jesus. Look… we’re going after Bin Laden. | 天 听着 我们正在追踪本拉登 |
[26:45] | There’s a dealer every three blocks in this city. | 这城里每隔三条街就有一个毒贩 |
[26:47] | No one is fighting a war on drugs anymore. | 已经没人为缉毒而战了 |
[26:49] | All right? Just work the banking. | 明白吗 去处理银行的案子 |
[26:52] | Money guys like Zehner are the way to get to the kingpins. | 像泽纳这样操作钱的人 就是接近头领的通道 |
[26:55] | Just do your fucking job, Agent Petty. | 干好你自己的事 佩迪探员 |
[26:59] | You… | 你 |
[27:02] | I’m just a fucking accountant. | 我他妈就是个会计 |
[27:04] | You’re not just an accountant. | 你可不只是个会计 |
[27:06] | Scotty, did you get my prescription? | 斯科蒂 你帮我拿药了吗 |
[27:09] | Yeah, it’s on top of the microwave. | 拿了 在微波炉上 |
[27:14] | Maybe it’s not just work that’s causing the stress. | 也许引发紧张的不仅是工作 |
[27:21] | – Does it bother you that she’s still here? – No. | -你不高兴她还在这里吗 -没有 |
[27:24] | No, I just… I know how you two are with each other sometimes. | 不会 我知道你们有时会很亲密 |
[27:26] | Well, I mean, she either recovers here | 毕竟她要么在这里康复 |
[27:29] | or flops around at her place. | 要么就得在她自己家乱走 |
[27:31] | And then I have to check on her every day. | 那我还得每天去看她 |
[27:33] | Every day? | 每天 |
[27:35] | – Every other day. – Oh, okay. | -每隔几天 -好吧 |
[27:38] | I’m just saying, you’re shouldering a lot right now. | 我只是说 你现在担子太重了 |
[27:41] | No. No, it’s just… This is not what I pictured | 不 只是…我当初想做联邦探员时 |
[27:44] | when I wanted to be a federal agent. | 可没想到会是这样 |
[27:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:50] | I’m… | 我 |
[27:52] | I’m in Chicago, for fuck’s sake. | 我在芝加哥啊 操 |
[27:54] | There is so much more I could be doing. | 我能做更多大事 |
[27:57] | – Well, then transfer. – It’s not that easy. | -那就调职吧 -没那么容易 |
[28:00] | Why not? I mean, life is too short to be miserable. | 为什么 人生苦短 没工夫自怨自艾 |
[28:03] | And too short for you to have to hear about it every day? | 也没功夫让你每天听我抱怨 |
[28:06] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[28:07] | – Thank you so much, Scotty. -How are you feeling, Ma? | -谢谢你 斯科蒂 -你感觉怎么样 妈 |
[28:10] | Much better. I’ll be out of your hair in no time. | 好多了 我很快就不会打扰你了 |
[28:19] | Why are you putting on makeup? | 你为什么要化妆 |
[28:21] | Because Mommy has a job interview. | 因为妈妈有一份工作面试 |
[28:23] | Go into my closet and get my boots, | 去我柜子里把我的靴子拿来 |
[28:24] | – next to my sneakers. Thank you. -Okay. | -就在运动鞋旁边 谢谢 -好 |
[28:30] | That’s it. Right there, sweetheart. Perfect. | 对 就在那 亲爱的 很好 |
[28:33] | Thank you. Thank you, sweetheart. | 谢谢 谢谢亲爱的 |
[28:35] | What’s a job interview? | 什么是工作面试 |
[28:38] | A job interview is when… It’s when we… | 工作面试就是…就是我们… |
[28:41] | When Mommy goes and she meets someone, | 就是妈妈去见一个人 |
[28:43] | and they ask her a lot of questions, | 他们会问她许多问题 |
[28:44] | like, where did she go to school and where she worked before. | 比如她在哪上的学 她以前在哪里工作 |
[28:48] | And they would be absolute morons not to hire you. | 他们要是不录用你就太白痴了 |
[28:50] | And if they like Mommy, | 而他们要是喜欢妈妈 |
[28:52] | they will give her money to work with them. | 就会出钱让她跟他们一起工作 |
[28:55] | But if you get a job, you won’t be here as much. | 可你要是有了工作 你就不会经常在家了 |
[28:58] | Oh, sweetheart… | 宝贝 |
[29:01] | I will always be here for you. | 我会永远在你身边 |
[29:02] | Even if you can’t just reach out and touch me, | 即便你无法找到我 触摸到我 |
[29:04] | you can always call me and I will always call you back. Okay? | 你永远可以打给我 我会回电话给你 好吗 |
[29:12] | Such a mommy’s girl. | 真是妈妈的好女儿 |
[29:14] | Okay, I need your help today. | 好了 我今天需要你帮忙 |
[29:15] | You’re gonna have to look after Daddy, all right? | 你得照顾好爸爸 好吗 |
[29:17] | Make sure that he’s really good with Jonah. | 确保他好好照顾乔纳 |
[29:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[29:20] | – You got this. – Okay. | -你可以的 -好 |
[29:21] | – Okay? Love you, too. – I love you. | -好吗 我也爱你 -我爱你 |
[29:22] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[29:37] | – Right here. Right here! – Okay. Okay. Okay. | -这边 就这边 -我知道了 |
[29:40] | Fine. Here. | 好 就这里 |
[29:41] | I’ll come pick you up. What time? | 我来接你 几点 |
[29:43] | I don’t know. I’ll manage. | 不知道 我自己能行 |
[29:47] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[30:00] | Come on in. | 快进来 |
[30:27] | – Do I know you, man? -Tell my mom to come outside. | -我认识你吗 哥们 -让我妈出来 |
[30:31] | I’ll call when I leave! | 我走的时候打给你 |
[30:37] | -Mom. What the fuck? -Jesus! Get the fuck out of here! | -妈 搞什么 -天 快出去 |
[30:40] | No. Give me that fucking shit. | 不 把那该死的东西给我 |
[30:42] | No, stop it! | 不 住手 |
[30:46] | Oh, fuck! | 操 |
[30:52] | Wait. Where do you keep it? | 等等 你放哪了 |
[30:54] | God, stop it! Stop it! | 天 住手 别打了 |
[30:59] | – Jesus! – Wait! | -天 -别走 |
[31:02] | – Stay the fuck away from me. -Hey. Stop. | -妈的离我远点 -站住 |
[31:06] | – Ma! Ma! – Don’t you fucking touch me! | -妈 -你他妈别碰我 |
[31:09] | Wait! Just stop! | 等等 住手 |
[31:10] | You fucking touch me again, so help me God, | 你再他妈碰我 老天在上 |
[31:12] | I’ll tell your bosses you assaulted me. | 我会告诉你老板你打我 |
[31:14] | What the fuck is wrong with you? | 你他妈疯了吗 |
[31:15] | You! Stay the fuck away from me! | 你 你他妈离我远点 |
[31:19] | Fuck! | 操 |
[31:30] | Okay, you ready? Time for bed. Let’s go. | 准备好了吗 该睡觉了 我们走吧 |
[31:32] | No, just one more? | 不嘛 再看一集 |
[31:35] | But I’m thirsty. I need water. | 可我渴了 我得喝点水 |
[31:38] | Well, what’s that got to do with cartoons, huh? | 那跟动画片有什么关系 |
[31:42] | You want me to get you some water, sweetheart? | 要我给你拿点水吗 亲爱的 |
[31:44] | We can read a story before bed. | 我们可以在睡前讲个故事 |
[31:47] | I want Daddy to do it. | 我要爸爸来讲 |
[31:50] | Daddy’ll do it. Let’s go. Right. | 那就爸爸给你讲 走吧 |
[31:55] | Good night, Mommy. | 晚安 妈妈 |
[31:56] | Night-night. | 晚安 |
[32:14] | There you are. | 你在这儿啊 |
[32:29] | – I’m sorry. – You don’t need to be. | -对不起 -不需要 |
[32:33] | I want you to know, I’m getting better. I am. | 我想让你知道 我在好转 真的 |
[32:38] | And… I know I’m… | 而且 我知道我… |
[32:41] | I’m very aware that I’ve been… | 我非常清楚我一直… |
[32:44] | distant from the kids, and from you. | 在疏远孩子们 疏远你 |
[32:47] | I just… I can’t… I can’t shake this feeling. | 我只是…我无法摆脱这种感觉 |
[33:00] | Did you know I used to break into houses as a kid? | 你知道我小时候曾闯入别人家吗 |
[33:04] | You what? | 什么 |
[33:08] | I mean, I wouldn’t… I wouldn’t take anything. I just, I’d… | 我本来没打算偷东西 我只是… |
[33:13] | I’d have a beer or two. So I guess I did… | 我想喝点啤酒 所以我可能… |
[33:17] | I guess I did take those, but… | 我可能确实拿走了啤酒 但是… |
[33:19] | God, it was so liberating. | 天 感觉太自在了 |
[33:22] | Just feeling like someone else. | 感觉我成了另一个人 |
[33:25] | I would… | 我想… |
[33:26] | I would stretch out, | 我想伸展四肢 |
[33:27] | I’d stretch out on these big, wrap-around couches, and… | 想在那个大大的包裹式沙发上尽情舒展 |
[33:31] | God, I’d feel the… | 天 我想感受… |
[33:32] | just this clean fabric underneath my… | 那种干净的布料 |
[33:35] | my arms and my legs, and, oh, my God, it was just… | 贴着我的肌肤 我的手脚 天 |
[33:38] | it was so comfortable. | 那感觉太舒服了 |
[33:44] | And… And then I’d be hit with the hard reality | 然后我就被冰冷的现实击中了 |
[33:47] | that I didn’t belong there. | 意识到我不属于那里 |
[33:53] | I just didn’t belong there. | 我就是不属于那里 |
[33:56] | And so I’d… I’d act out a little bit. I’d… | 所以我采取了一点行动 |
[34:01] | I’d move picture frames around, I’d… | 我把相框挪了位置 |
[34:06] | I’d turn toothbrushes upside down. | 把牙刷头朝下摆放 |
[34:08] | I’d put blue food coloring in the milk. | 还往牛奶里放了蓝色的食用色素 |
[34:18] | And for some reason, lately… | 不知道为什么 最近 |
[34:22] | …that’s how I’ve been feeling. | 我一直是那种感觉 |
[34:26] | Just like a fraud. | 觉得自己像个冒牌货 |
[34:29] | And that’s been happening since before the accident. | 其实在车祸前我就有那种感觉了 |
[34:31] | Which is okay. I mean, I’ve been able to handle that, because… | 但没关系 我一直处理得很好 因为 |
[34:35] | I always knew I took really good fucking care of my kids, | 我一直知道我把我的孩子们照顾得很好 |
[34:38] | and now, I can’t even do that. | 而现在我连那都做不到了 |
[34:39] | And I’m… I’m just in my head all the time, and… | 我一直 一直沉浸在自己的世界里 |
[34:42] | I’m just… I’m just a big, fat… | 我就是一大坨… |
[34:46] | existential mess. | 乱糟糟的垃圾 |
[34:57] | Hey. Do you wanna go somewhere? | 你想去个什么地方吗 |
[34:59] | – Where? – On vacation. | -去哪 -去度个假 |
[35:02] | On our budget? | 就凭我们的预算 |
[35:04] | I had a potential client come in a little while ago, | 不久前我来了个潜在客户 |
[35:08] | and he has resorts all over, and he offered a trip. | 他在各处都有度假房 他提出赞助一次旅行 |
[35:12] | Well, it sounds like there are strings attached. | 听起来是有条件的吧 |
[35:15] | – No. -It’s a thank you. – For? | -不 是为了答谢我 -谢你什么 |
[35:18] | I looked through his portfolio. | 我帮他分析了投资组合 |
[35:22] | So why is this potential client not an actual client? | 那为什么只是潜在客户 不是真正的客户 |
[35:26] | Well, he says that he is in tile, | 他说他是做瓷砖的 |
[35:29] | and I don’t know if he is. I don’t… | 我不确定是不是真的 我不… |
[35:31] | I don’t know if it’s, you know, | 我不知道他是不是… |
[35:33] | Corleone with olive oil… I don’t know. | 梳着油头的柯里昂 我不知道 |
[35:36] | So, what, are you saying this guy’s in the Mob? | 什么意思 你是说他是黑帮的人 |
[35:37] | I don’t know what the hell he is. | 我不知道他是什么人 |
[35:39] | But it’s… it’s honestly a thank you. | 但这真是他为了谢我 |
[35:40] | And, um, the amount of money I saved him, | 我帮他省了那么多钱 |
[35:44] | the trip would just be a drop in the bucket. | 请我旅行只是九牛一毛而已 |
[35:47] | And what are you gonna do when he asks you to work for him again? | 要是他再找你为他工作 你怎么办 |
[35:52] | I’ll give him my best Bartleby impersonation, and I’ll say, | 我会用拿手绝活模仿巴托比 跟他说 |
[35:56] | “I prefer not to.” | 「还是免了」 |
[35:59] | Come on. We need a vacation. | 拜托 我们需要一次度假 |
[36:01] | If he asks me to look through his portfolio once in a while, | 要是他时不时让我帮他看看组合投资 |
[36:03] | what’s the big deal? | 那又怎样 |
[36:07] | Didn’t you always want me to be more spontaneous? | 你不是总希望我多点心血来潮吗 |
[36:12] | This is it. | 我这就是心血来潮 |
[36:13] | Come on. Say yes. | 拜托 答应吧 |
[36:16] | – It could be fun. – Yeah, it could. | -会很好玩的 -是啊 会的 |
[36:23] | – Don’t get caught, dude. – Then don’t say anything. | -别被抓到 哥们 -那你就别多说 |
[36:28] | So what is it you do for Del, exactly? | 所以你到底为德尔做什么 |
[36:32] | What do you do for Del? | 你为德尔做什么 |
[36:34] | Don’t we all do the same shit? Hmm? | 我们干的不都是一样的事吗 |
[36:37] | Put the money through the fucking washer? | 把钱放进他妈的洗衣机 |
[36:51] | Remind me to never doubt your instincts. | 提醒我永远别质疑你的直觉 |
[36:54] | Oh. Well, it didn’t take any instinct | 不把伏特加和威士忌混合 |
[36:56] | to not mix vodka and Scotch, buddy. | 可不需要什么直觉 哥们 |
[36:58] | I’m not talking about that, dude. I’m talking about Del. | 我说的不是那个 我是说德尔 |
[37:02] | Oh. Him. | 他啊 |
[37:04] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[37:06] | – You don’t know what? – You know. | -什么说不好 -你懂的 |
[37:09] | Whoa, you’re not really thinking of doing this, are you? | 你不会真考虑这么干吧 |
[37:11] | Uh, no, no. I mean, not really, but… | 不 还没 只是… |
[37:15] | But… but what? | 只是…什么 |
[37:19] | Hypothetically speaking, that’s… that’s what I do. | 我只是说说…我就是做这个的 |
[37:22] | I move money through accounts. I already do it, you know? | 我通过账户转移钱 我已经在做这种事了 |
[37:25] | – Right. – And… and… | -对 -而且… |
[37:27] | there’s no way we’d get caught unless someone, | 我们不可能被逮到 除非有人 |
[37:29] | I.E., you, ran their mouth. | 比如你 没管住嘴 |
[37:31] | – Oh, oh, me? – Right. | -我 -对 |
[37:32] | Really? Are you kidding me? | 不是吧 你在逗我吗 |
[37:33] | I know what cartels do. I’ve fucking seen Traffic. | 我知道贩毒集团会做什么 我见过他们运毒 |
[37:36] | You kidding me? Listen, I’m… I’m down for whatever. | 开什么玩笑 听着 我干什么都行 |
[37:39] | All right? But it really doesn’t matter | 好吗 可这不重要 |
[37:40] | because you have this kind of | 因为你有种 |
[37:42] | remarkable habit of telling your wife everything. | 惹人注意的习惯 什么都跟你老婆说 |
[37:45] | – And she’ll never go for it. – That’s what I told him. | -而她从不会支持 -我也是这么跟他说的 |
[37:47] | You can keep it from her, | 你可以瞒着她 |
[37:48] | but eventually she’s gonna | 但最终 她还是会注意到 |
[37:49] | notice the extra zeros in the bank account. | 银行户头上有几个零 |
[37:51] | All right? Bloody Mary bar. Sweet. | 对吧 居然有血腥玛丽吧 太棒了 |
[37:58] | Hello, hello. How are you feeling? | 你好啊 感觉如何 |
[38:01] | – Like I’m about to go on tour. – The back bedroom is all set up. | -我觉得像要去旅行了 -后面的床铺好了 |
[38:05] | Mm. Does he still snore like a baby dinosaur? | 他还会像个小恐龙一样打鼾吗 |
[38:08] | Ma, you can sleep outside in our tent, if you want. | 妈 你愿意的话 可以去外面的帐篷里睡 |
[38:11] | I put some earplugs on your nightstand. | 我在你的床头柜上放了耳塞 |
[38:13] | Oh, hey, where should I put your prescription? | 你的药放哪 |
[38:15] | In the trash. I’ll be fine with ibuprofen. | 扔垃圾桶里吧 我有布洛芬就行了 |
[38:18] | What I really need is a porcelain toilet. | 我真正需要的是一个瓷器坐便 |
[38:21] | If I see a bedpan again, I’m gonna scream. | 要是我再看到便盆 我就要叫了 |
[38:24] | Ma, I… uh, okay. I put bars up in there for you. | 妈 我在那边给你放了拐杖 |
[38:27] | And don’t forget the doctor said to keep it elevated. | 别忘了医生说过要调高点 |
[38:31] | It’s nice here. | 这里挺棒的 |
[38:37] | You know, uh… | 是这样 |
[38:40] | Del made me a very generous offer to work for him, | 德尔提出了慷慨的建议 让我为他工作 |
[38:44] | and it’s exactly what we thought it was. | 跟我们想的一样 |
[38:48] | Well, we knew that was probably gonna happen. You tell him no? | 我们早知道可能会这样 你拒绝了吗 |
[38:54] | Marty? | 马蒂 |
[38:56] | What’d you say? | 你怎么回答他的 |
[38:58] | I turned him down. I mean, you know… | 我拒绝了 你知道的… |
[39:02] | No, I don’t know. | 不 我不知道 |
[39:06] | There something you wanna discuss? | 有什么你想跟我商量的事吗 |
[39:09] | No. I don’t think so. | 没有 |
[39:11] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[39:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[39:15] | I would do it… really well. | 我可以做得…非常好 |
[39:19] | Well, of course you would. | 你当然能做到 |
[39:21] | – The offer’s great. – Well, I’m sure that it is. | -那提议很诱人 -那是当然 |
[39:24] | But this… this isn’t anything we can really consider, is it? | 可这…这不是我们能认真考虑的事 对吗 |
[39:27] | Probably not, but, uh… | 可能不是 但… |
[39:30] | nothing wrong with talking about it, right? | 聊聊总没错 对吧 |
[39:32] | Just talking. | 聊聊而已 |
[39:37] | Okay. Have at it, “Just Talking.” | 好吧 来吧 「聊聊而已」 |
[39:40] | Play it out. Name the pros. | 说吧 说说有什么好处 |
[39:42] | Well, look, I mean, the money, obviously. | 我是说 显然 那些钱 |
[39:45] | I could really grow the business. | 我可以狠狠发展业务 |
[39:46] | I could trade at the level I’ve always wanted. | 我可以做我一直梦想的级别的那种交易 |
[39:49] | Okay. So how much money are we talking about? | 好吧 所以现在说的大概是多少钱 |
[39:52] | I mean, no one’s gonna mistake me for Warren Buffet, | 当然没人会把我错认成沃伦·巴菲特 |
[39:54] | but, Wendy… | 可是 温迪 |
[39:57] | We’d be good. | 我们会很好 |
[40:01] | Good as in…? | 怎么个好法 |
[40:03] | As in never, ever having to worry about money again. | 就是…再也不用为钱操心的那种好 |
[40:10] | Ever. | 再也不用 |
[40:18] | Cons? | 那坏处呢 |
[40:19] | Jail. | 可能会监狱 |
[40:21] | Leaving your family, pissing off a cartel. | 离开你的家人 惹毛一个贩毒集团 |
[40:24] | Those things would never happen. | 那种事永远不会发生 |
[40:28] | And I wouldn’t be a mule. I wouldn’t be a dealer. | 我也不会运毒 不会成为毒贩 |
[40:32] | I’d be just pushing my mouse around my desk. | 我就坐在办公桌前动动鼠标 |
[40:36] | What does Bruce think? | 布鲁斯怎么想的 |
[40:37] | Get this. With all of his bravado, | 听好 他可能逞强了 |
[40:39] | he was counting on you shutting it down instantly. | 他觉得你肯定会立马否决 |
[40:42] | Well, he doesn’t know me like you do. | 他可不像我这么了解你 |
[40:47] | He doesn’t. | 没错 |
[40:50] | Well, even if you… if we did do this, I mean… | 即便你 即便我们真要这么做 |
[40:54] | – it’s not like you’d be stealing. – That’s right. | -这并不是让你去偷东西 -没错 |
[40:56] | I wouldn’t. | 我不会的 |
[41:06] | We can’t… We can’t do this. | 不行 我们不能这么做 |
[41:10] | – Can we? – Why can’t we do it? | -不是吗 -为什么不行 |
[41:15] | You really gonna do this? | 你真要怎么做吗 |
[41:20] | Are we gonna do this? | 我们要做吗 |
[41:32] | I’m good with it if you are. | 你没意见我就没意见 |
[41:36] | Same here. | 我也一样 |
[41:39] | Then I guess we’re really gonna do this. | 那看来我们真要做了 |
[41:41] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[41:43] | We’re gonna do it? | 我们要做吗 |
[41:51] | I guess so. | 我想是的 |
[41:53] | Yeah. | 好 |
[41:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[42:15] | – Ma. – Yeah? | -妈 -怎么了 |
[42:17] | Please, take these. Just so you can sleep. | 拜托把这个吃了 能帮你入睡 |
[42:21] | – I don’t need ’em. -I know you’re tough, Ma. | -我不需要 -我知道你很坚强 妈 |
[42:25] | Everyone in this world knows you’re tough. | 全世界都知道你很坚强 |
[42:26] | You don’t have to prove anything here. | 你不用证明什么 |
[42:28] | I said no. I don’t want them. | 我说了不用 我不想吃 |
[42:32] | Look, there’s no prizes for suffering. | 听着 忍受病痛可没有奖励 |
[42:35] | You just feel shitty. | 只会让你觉得痛苦 |
[42:37] | And I hate seeing you like this. Please… | 我不想看到你这样 拜托 |
[42:40] | until you feel better, please… | 直到你好起来 拜托 |
[42:44] | For me. | 就当为了我 |
[42:49] | – Just this once. – Here, here, here. | -只此一次 -来 |
[43:12] | No fucking way! | 不可能 |
[43:14] | – I think science would disagree. – You were in the room. | -我觉得科学有相反的意见 -你当时也在场 |
[43:17] | You heard them say that the… | 你听到他们说了 |
[43:19] | the chances of us conceiving again were practically nil. | 我们再度怀孕的机会几乎为零 |
[43:22] | And I barely made it through Jonah’s pregnancy. | 怀乔纳的时候我就差点没挺过来 |
[43:25] | Yeah. I remember. | 是的 我记得 |
[43:31] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[43:32] | That I’d like to do whatever you want to do. | 我在想 你想怎么做我都支持 |
[43:34] | – Oh, come on. – It’s true. | -得了吧 -是真的 |
[43:35] | Come on, that’s not fair. This is not Switzerland. | 拜托 这不公平 这可不是瑞士 |
[43:38] | You can’t stay neutral here. I want your input. | 你不能保持中立 我要你投票 |
[43:41] | Well, financially speaking, Wendy… | 从经济上说 温迪 |
[43:43] | …it could be tough. | 可能会很难 |
[43:45] | No, I know. I mean, I don’t actually see how’d we manage. | 我知道 我也不知道我们怎么能撑过去 |
[43:48] | But, uh, we said the same thing with Jonah. | 但当时要乔纳的时候我们也说过同样的话 |
[43:53] | – And could you even imagine? – Oh, God, no. | -你能想象吗 -天啊 不 |
[43:56] | – No. – So… | -不行 -所以… |
[43:59] | So… | 所以… |
[44:02] | So you’re saying you want to have it? | 所以你是说你想要 |
[44:04] | I didn’t say that. | 我没那么说 |
[44:06] | I’m saying that if we did decide to do it, | 我是说如果我们决定要这孩子 |
[44:07] | that we could make it work. | 总会有办法的 |
[44:09] | No, of course. Of course. I know. | 当然 我知道 |
[44:11] | I mean, if we did have this baby, | 如果我们真有了这孩子 |
[44:12] | would I ever go back to work again? | 我还能再回去工作吗 |
[44:15] | I just don’t see how that could happen. | 我看不到那种可能性 |
[44:16] | And that’s just something I… I need to do. | 那是…我需要的事 |
[44:19] | Yeah. You should. You have every right to. | 对 你应该有自己的追求 你完全有权力 |
[44:22] | But then, on the other hand, what if we, you know, | 但是 换个角度 如果我们… |
[44:24] | go down the road five years, we look at each other and say, | 照这样继续生活五年 我们可能会互望着惋惜 |
[44:27] | “God, we should… we should’ve done it.” | 「天 当初真该要的」 |
[44:30] | What if this baby would grow up to cure cancer or something? | 万一这孩子长大能治愈癌症什么的呢 |
[44:33] | You hear stories like that all the time. | 这种故事并不少见 |
[44:35] | All those stories about all those babies curing cancer. | 经常都有小孩长大了治愈癌症的事 |
[44:38] | – No, you know what I mean. – There’s like 12 of them. | -我知道你的意思 -能有12个 |
[44:41] | People who say that they were an accident. | 这么说的人往往都是意外被怀上的 |
[44:44] | I mean, hell, I was an accident. | 我自己就是父母意外怀上的 |
[44:53] | Would I be a terrible person | 要是我说不想要这个孩子 |
[44:55] | if I said I didn’t wanna have this baby? | 会显得我很坏吗 |
[44:57] | No, sweetheart. You’d never be a terrible person. | 不会 亲爱的 你永远不会是坏人 |
[45:02] | Just… You know, everything would change again. | 只是 一切都可能再度发生变化 |
[45:04] | I was just feeling like my feet were back on the ground. | 我刚有了点脚踏实地的感觉 |
[45:08] | Well, theoretically speaking, uh, any decision that’s ever made, | 理论上说 任何决定 |
[45:12] | no matter how small, | 无论有多小 |
[45:14] | uh, can potentially elicit a huge change around the world. | 都可能引发世界某处的巨变 |
[45:20] | You take Mr. Buddy Holly, for example. | 比如巴迪·霍利先生 |
[45:32] | Fuck! | 操 |
[45:35] | Marty, watch out. | 马蒂 小心 |
[46:10] | Uh, so, hey, um… we’re in. | 所以…我们入伙 |
[46:15] | This calls for a drink. | 那可得喝一杯 |
[46:20] | Oh, and, uh… Louis? | 还有 路易斯 |
[46:24] | Your services are no longer needed. | 这里不需要你了 |
[46:27] | What are you talking about? Del? Del? | 你说什么呢 德尔 |
[46:28] | I didn’t know I was taking his job. | 我可不知道我要抢他的工作 |
[46:30] | No. Louis wasn’t gonna be hanging around much anyway, | 不 反正路易斯也待不久了 |
[46:32] | because he’s a cheat. | 因为他是个骗子 |
[46:34] | He cheats on his wife and in business. He even cheats in golf. | 他婚姻出轨 生意行骗 连打高尔夫都要作弊 |
[46:39] | And cheaters eventually get caught. | 作弊早晚是会被抓的 |
[46:41] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[46:43] | And it’s become clear to me… | 而我越来越确定 |
[46:46] | the very real possibility that you’ve been working with the feds. | 你很有可能在跟联调局合作 |
[46:49] | I swear on my fucking son’s life, I didn’t talk to any– | 我他妈用我儿子的命发誓 我没跟任何 |
[46:52] | Stop! Stop. | 行了 别说了 |
[46:55] | See, Louis, I’m a believer | 你看 路易斯 我相信 |
[46:57] | that there are times when things are related in the universe. | 有时候宇宙间的事物是有联系的 |
[47:02] | What do they call it in that movie with the dinosaurs? | 他们在那个有恐龙的电影里怎么说的来着 |
[47:04] | Ah, right. Chaos. | 对 叫混沌 |
[47:06] | You see, the feds were snooping around, | 你看 联调局的在到处打探 |
[47:09] | which caused you to | 这让你 |
[47:11] | make some piss-poor attempt to cover your tracks. | 做出了一些差劲的尝试去掩盖行踪 |
[47:14] | Which allowed a shrewd person like Marty Byrde | 而使得马蒂·比德这样的精明人 |
[47:17] | to identify your shoddy work and thieving ways. | 发现了你的粗糙工作和偷窃手段 |
[47:21] | Which then inspires me to pursue Mr. Byrde, | 进而启发了我去追逐比德先生 |
[47:25] | and this allows me to dispense with you. | 于是我就可以抛弃你了 |
[47:27] | Isn’t that something, huh? | 这很了不起吧 |
[47:29] | The wonderful convergence between cause and effect, | 因果之间的奇妙会聚 |
[47:33] | and a bit of good luck. | 再加一点好运 |
[47:36] | Bad luck in your case, Louis. | 不过对你而言就是厄运了 路易斯 |
[47:40] | The universe is a funny, funny place | 这世界是个有趣的地方 |
[47:44] | – with all of its… chaos. -No, no, no! | -正因为它的各种混沌 -不 |
[48:08] | Oh, God! Jesus Christ! | 天 我的天 |
[48:18] | What d’you want me to do with ’em? | 这玩意儿你想让我怎么处理 |
[48:22] | Save them for a rainy day. | 留着以防万一吧 |
[48:36] | You don’t know how wonderful | 你都不知道 |
[48:37] | it is to have someone on board that I can trust. | 拉拢一个我能信任的人 这感觉有多好 |