时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:22] | So, what was it like? | 所以 是什么感觉 |
[00:25] | All you ever hear on the news is just how bad it is, | 新闻上只说了有多糟糕 |
[00:27] | but it has to be at least a little exciting, right? | 但至少是有点刺激的 对吗 |
[00:31] | Traveling all across the world for your country? | 为了你的国家全世界奔走 |
[00:35] | I’d sure be excited. | 换我肯定会很激动的 |
[00:39] | Then again, I’ve never really even left Missouri, so… | 不过话说回来 我从没真正离开过密苏里… |
[00:44] | Five more minutes listening to her, | 再听她说五分钟 |
[00:45] | you’re gonna wish you’d died in a ditch in Hue. | 你都会希望自己死了在越南顺化的战壕里 |
[00:48] | Excuse me. | 你说什么 |
[00:49] | Oh, you heard me. | 你听到我说的了 |
[00:51] | Sure, she’s pretty and all, | 当然 她是很漂亮 |
[00:53] | but that’s only gonna get you so far. | 但也就只剩漂亮了 |
[00:55] | Now, miss, what gives you the right to come in here | 小姐 你有什么权利过来 |
[00:57] | and insult a respectable young woman? | 侮辱一个值得尊敬的年轻女子 |
[01:00] | “Respectable”? Is that what they say | “值得尊敬” 现在都用这个词 |
[01:01] | when they mean more boring than a church social? | 来形容比教友联谊会还无聊了吗 |
[01:03] | I’m not boring. | 我不无聊 |
[01:04] | Anyone tells you | 声称自己不无聊的人 |
[01:05] | they’re not boring’s got one foot in the grave. | 都是些一只脚踏进坟墓的人 |
[01:08] | Or are you telling me you made it back from ‘Nam unscathed | 还是你要告诉我你毫发无伤地从越南回来 |
[01:10] | just to come home and run out the clock? | 就是为了回家等死的 |
[01:15] | Drop a ten on the table, follow me out that door, | 在桌子上留下十美元 跟我出去 |
[01:19] | I promise I’ll at least make it interesting. | 我保证至少会很有趣 |
[01:40] | A gentleman never lets a lady go in alone. | 一位绅士是不会让女士一个人下水的 |
[01:43] | Miss, what makes you so sure I’m a gentleman? | 小姐 是什么让你那么确定我是个绅士 |
[01:46] | I’m Darlene. | 我叫达琳 |
[01:48] | Got the feeling you’re all kinds of trouble, Darlene. | 感觉你就是个麻烦精 达琳 |
[01:51] | Only the best kinds. | 最好的那种麻烦 |
[02:16] | Hold on, baby. | 坚持住 宝贝 |
[02:19] | Please, please, please, just hold on. | 求你 求你 求你 坚持住 |
[02:28] | Drive, you idiot. | 快开车 你个蠢货 |
[02:40] | Jacob. Oh, God. | 雅各布 天啊 |
[02:44] | Don’t you go and die on me, baby. | 不准你死在我面前 宝贝 |
[02:49] | Oh, God, don’t you die on me. | 天 你不准离开我 |
[03:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:19] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[03:21] | – Your sister is upset. – Upset? | -你姐不高兴 -不高兴 |
[03:24] | Okay, more than upset. | 好吧 不只是不高兴 |
[03:26] | She doesn’t wanna be a member of this family anymore. | 她不想再做这个家的一员了 |
[03:28] | – What are you talking about? – I’m emancipating. | -你们在说什么 -我要脱离父母监护 |
[03:30] | You are not emancipating. | 你不会脱离父母监护 |
[03:32] | I don’t… I don’t understand. | 我不… 我不明白 |
[03:33] | It just means I’ll be in charge of my own decisions. | 就是说我要自己做主 |
[03:36] | We are so close to working out | 我们马上就能解决这种困境了 |
[03:38] | what I admit is a terrible situation. | 我承认这是个很糟的困境 |
[03:41] | But right now, you are being really fucking selfish. | 但现在 你他妈这叫自私 |
[03:45] | That’s not helpful. | 这只会雪上加霜 |
[03:47] | We’re gonna get through this, okay? | 我们会撑过去的 好吗 |
[03:49] | Oh, is that a cliche or a platitude? | 那算陈词滥调还是老生常谈 |
[03:52] | I’m trying to see your side here. | 我在试着理解你 |
[03:58] | You’re scared. You both are. | 你很害怕 你们都害怕 |
[04:03] | You know I’m right. | 你们知道我是对的 |
[04:05] | You’re scared, and you should be. | 你们害怕 你们也应该害怕 |
[04:09] | So, you understand how this works, right? | 你知道这事得怎么操作 对吧 |
[04:11] | That’s what you’re saying? | 你是这个意思吧 |
[04:13] | That’s part of the threat? | 这算威胁的一部分吗 |
[04:15] | So, you’re really gonna get a lawyer who’s gonna ask questions? | 所以你真的要找个律师 来问各种问题 |
[04:18] | Who’s gonna file papers in court | 向法院提交文件 |
[04:20] | stating exactly why you wanna be emancipated? | 说明你到底为什么想脱离监护 |
[04:22] | So, I’m just wondering… | 我在想… |
[04:23] | I’m wondering, what are you gonna say | 我很好奇 你准备怎么说 |
[04:26] | that’s gonna keep us from all being arrested? | 才能让我们不被逮捕 |
[04:29] | Or killed? | 或是被杀 |
[04:35] | Jonah, pass the pancakes. | 乔纳 把煎饼递给我 |
[04:38] | Now! | 快点 |
[04:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:46] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[04:49] | The Mexicans tried to kill you, | 墨西哥人想要杀你 |
[04:53] | but God had another plan. | 但上帝另有安排 |
[04:58] | He sent that bullet straight through your shoulder, | 他让子弹射穿了你的肩膀 |
[05:00] | clean entry and exit. | 干净利落地一进一出 |
[05:03] | Now, you lost a lot of blood, | 你流了很多血 |
[05:06] | but you will be out of that bed and up in a day. | 但你一天后就能下床了 |
[05:13] | Where am I? | 我在哪 |
[05:15] | You’re at home. | 在家 |
[05:18] | Hospitals mean police reports, | 去医院就意味着会有警方报告 |
[05:20] | and police attention limits our options. | 而警察的注意会限制我们的选择 |
[05:25] | Here you are, honey. | 给 亲爱的 |
[05:31] | – Darlene. – What? | -达琳 -怎么了 |
[05:34] | Don’t you be making any reckless moves without me. | 不要背着我做任何鲁莽的举动 |
[05:38] | Don’t you worry about me, baby. | 别担心我了 宝贝 |
[05:41] | You just rest. | 你休息就好 |
[05:44] | If you do anything foolish… | 如果你做了任何傻事… |
[05:49] | You just worry about getting your strength back. | 你就担心你自己的康复吧 |
[05:54] | I am perfectly capable of handling the rest. | 其他事我完全能处理好 |
[06:18] | Try to at least pretend like you’re a professional. | 至少努力假装一下你是专业的 |
[06:20] | Yeah, I thought you were off today. | 你今天不是休息吗 |
[06:21] | Well, somebody’s gotta feed the fucking animals. | 总得有人去喂那些该死的禽兽吧 |
[06:23] | Everybody on the ground! | 所有人都趴下 |
[06:27] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事的 没事 |
[06:29] | No reason anybody needs to get hurt, okay? | 没必要伤害任何人 好吗 |
[06:31] | We totally understand that you have all the power– | 我们完全明白你有能力… |
[06:35] | Who’s in fucking charge? | 谁他妈是管事的 |
[06:42] | You don’t wanna be doing this! | 你不会想这么做的 |
[06:43] | You’re next, sweetie. Don’t make this fucking hard. | 接下来就是你 小宝贝 别给自己找麻烦 |
[06:46] | Move. Anybody moves, you shoot. | 走 只要有人乱动 你就开枪 |
[06:51] | Move, girl! I said move. | 走 小姑娘 我说走 |
[06:54] | What the fuck are you doing? | 你他妈在干什么 |
[06:58] | And what are you doing dragging Wyatt to it? | 你把怀特拽进来干什么 |
[07:00] | You keep dragging my ass on a wild-goose chase, | 你一直在拖我后腿 让我白费力气 |
[07:02] | this is what you get. | 这就是你的回报 |
[07:06] | Now, open the goddamn safe. | 现在把保险箱打开 |
[07:09] | There’s cameras all over the main floor. | 大厅里到处都是摄像头 |
[07:12] | You think a mask from the dollar store | 你觉得从一元店买的面具 |
[07:14] | is gonna stop the cops from figuring it out? | 能阻止警察调查清楚吗 |
[07:16] | I don’t give a shit! Now open the safe! | 我他妈不在乎 快把保险箱打开 |
[07:24] | You don’t wanna do this, Daddy. | 你不想这么做的 爸爸 |
[07:29] | I already am, baby girl. | 我已经决定了 丫头 |
[07:33] | Now, open the safe. | 现在 把保险箱打开 |
[07:44] | Okay. So, two men. One older, one younger. | 两个人 一个年长 一个年轻 |
[07:49] | And the older one, white male, dark eyes, | 年长的那个 白人男性 深色瞳孔 |
[07:53] | gravelly voice? You ever seen him before? | 声音沙哑 你以前见过他吗 |
[07:56] | No, I– No, I didn’t. | 不 我 没见过 |
[08:01] | How much money was in the safe, do you think? | 你估计保险箱里有多少钱 |
[08:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:08] | Fifteen, 20 grand, or something like that. | 一万五 两万 差不多吧 |
[08:11] | That normal? | 正常吗 |
[08:12] | I mean, I didn’t deposit it yet. From the weekend. | 从周末到现在我还没去银行存钱 |
[08:17] | Is there anyone you might’ve told how much was in the safe? | 你告诉过任何人保险箱里有多少钱吗 |
[08:19] | Like, I don’t know, maybe someone out on parole? | 比如 被假释的人之类的 |
[08:25] | Look, I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[08:29] | How do you know what I’m thinking if I’m just now thinking it? | 我才刚想到 你怎么会知道我想的是什么 |
[08:32] | You’re thinking that it was an inside job. | 你认为这是内部作案 |
[08:36] | Ruth, you know who did this? | 鲁丝 你知道是谁干的吗 |
[08:40] | No. I swear to fucking God, I don’t. | 不 我他妈对天发誓 我不知道 |
[08:45] | There you go. There you have it. | 好了 你也听到答案了 |
[08:51] | I’m gonna go talk to some witnesses. We’ll talk again. | 我去跟一些目击证人聊聊 我们以后再谈 |
[09:03] | I promise, I didn’t know he was gonna do this. | 我发誓 我不知道他会这么做 |
[09:08] | I believe you. Who was that with him? Was that Wyatt? Hmm? | 我相信你 跟他一起的是谁 怀特吗 |
[09:11] | My dad dragged him into this. He’s not a criminal. | 我爸逼着他来的 他不是犯罪分子 |
[09:14] | I’ll get you your money back, every fucking penny of this. | 我会把你的钱弄回来 一分都不少 |
[09:17] | This just can’t come out, Marty, okay? | 这事不能传出去 马蒂 行吗 |
[09:19] | Please. You gotta protect him. | 求你了 你得保护他 |
[09:28] | Jesus Christ. All right. I’ll be right there. | 天啊 好的 我这就来 |
[09:31] | Stick to your story. | 咬定口供 |
[09:44] | Hi, there. | 你好 |
[09:45] | Excuse me. You mind telling me what the hell’s going on? | 打扰了 能跟我说说这是什么情况吗 |
[09:47] | No one goes through. | 谁都不能过去 |
[09:49] | Right. Well, look. | 好吧 听我说 |
[09:50] | I got all these workers, all this equipment. | 我所有的工人 所有的设备 |
[09:51] | They should’ve been on that land three hours ago. | 他们三个小时前就都该到那片地上了 |
[09:53] | – We have an access road to build. – Not my problem. | -我们要修一条路 -不关我的事 |
[09:56] | Okay. You mind radioing Jacob, at least? | 能麻烦你至少在对讲机里叫一下雅克布吗 |
[09:59] | Or someone who can tell me what the fuck is going on? | 或者谁能跟我说说到底怎么回事 |
[10:01] | Jacob is indisposed. | 雅克布身体不适 |
[10:03] | Hey, Darlene. | 达琳 |
[10:04] | He’s been temporarily laid up by one of your boss’ bullets. | 他被你一个老板的子弹放倒了 暂时卧床 |
[10:11] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[10:13] | Oh, poor thing. | 可怜的家伙 |
[10:15] | Did they not tell you that they were gonna try and kill us? | 他们没告诉你他们想杀了我们吗 |
[10:21] | What? | 什么 |
[10:23] | Suffice to say, our little deal is dead. | 简而言之 我们的交易没了 |
[10:27] | You best start sniffing elsewhere for your casino. | 你最好找别的地方建你的赌场去 |
[10:39] | Since when is it prudent to try to off your partners | 从什么时候开始 还没卸磨就杀驴 |
[10:41] | before a deal is even finalized? | 成了明智之举了 |
[10:44] | I must have missed that issue of the Harvard Business Review. | 我一定是错过《哈佛商业评论》的文章了 |
[10:47] | I told you, the cartel is gonna do what the cartel is gonna do. | 我说过 贩毒集团会按他们的规矩办 |
[10:50] | – Right. – Your job was to find a way | -确实 -你的任务就是设法 |
[10:52] | to make this deal without the Snells. | 排除斯内尔夫妇 敲定交易 |
[10:54] | I was in the middle | 我正在考虑 |
[10:55] | of trying to figure out if that’s even possible. | 这事到底可不可行 |
[10:57] | I did not say it was done. | 我没说这事解决了 |
[10:58] | The Snells poisoned my client’s product. | 斯内尔夫妇给我客户的货掺了毒 |
[11:00] | My client couldn’t allow such brazen disrespect | 我的客户绝对不允许如此没有正当目的的 |
[11:02] | without a proportional response. | 厚颜无耻的不敬行为 |
[11:03] | We completely understand your client’s need for respect. | 我们完全理解你的客户需要尊重 |
[11:05] | – Are you fucking kidding me? – Marty– | -你他妈在逗我吗 -马蒂 |
[11:07] | I mean, your client’s little ego trip just completely fucked us. | 你的客户为了自我满足 彻底把我们玩死了 |
[11:11] | It fucked the casino, and he pissed away $50 million. | 赌场没了 五千万也没了 |
[11:13] | It wasn’t my decision. I wasn’t even informed of it. | 那不是我的决定 我也没得到通知 |
[11:15] | How do we salvage this? | 我们如何补救 |
[11:16] | Find a way to immediately cut the Snells out of this deal. | 设法将斯内尔家立即踢出局 |
[11:20] | We’re not salvaging shit. | 我们什么都补救不了 |
[11:21] | It’s the first law of power, Marty. | 这是能力的第一定律 马蒂 |
[11:23] | Those who can, shit on others. | 能者 就能骑在别人头上拉屎 |
[11:25] | Those who can’t, clean it up. | 无能者 就负责擦屁股 |
[11:27] | I’m not playing your fucking games anymore. | 我不玩你们的破游戏了 |
[11:29] | – You don’t have an option. – Neither do you. | -你没得选择 -你也没有 |
[11:32] | And neither does your client, | 如果你的客户想保住五千万的话 |
[11:32] | if he wants to keep his $50 million. | 他也没有选择 |
[11:34] | You think I’m the only one over a fucking barrel? | 你以为我是唯一一个受人摆布的吗 |
[11:36] | Clean up your own shit. | 自己给自己擦屁股吧 |
[11:42] | He’ll do it. | 他会做到的 |
[11:47] | Ruth, I love this sweatshirt– | 鲁丝 我很喜欢这件运动衫 |
[11:49] | Just take it off and throw it in the fucking fire. Now! | 赶紧脱下来扔进火里 马上 |
[11:52] | If you get popped for armed robbery, | 你要是因为持械抢劫被抓 |
[11:54] | they throw you away for 15 years. | 他们会把你扔监狱里待15年 |
[11:56] | Nah, more like ten. | 不 也就十年吧 |
[11:57] | Shut up, Three. And you can fucking forget about college. | 闭嘴 思里 然后你就别他妈指望上大学了 |
[12:01] | I don’t see what the big deal is. | 我没觉得有什么大不了的 |
[12:02] | They didn’t even break and enter. | 他们又没有强行入室盗窃 |
[12:04] | There were people in a club, Three, | 俱乐部里有人 思里 |
[12:05] | which makes it robbery, as opposed to burglary. | 那就成了抢劫 而不是入室盗窃 |
[12:08] | And Wyatt had a deadly weapon in his hands. | 而怀特手里还拿着致命武器呢 |
[12:12] | What the fuck’s the matter with you? | 你他妈到底怎么想的 |
[12:13] | Cade said you were in on it. How am I supposed to know? | 凯德说你在里面接应 我怎么知道 |
[12:16] | And you believed him? | 他的话你也信 |
[12:19] | How much money did he give you? | 他给了你多少钱 |
[12:21] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[12:22] | ‘Cause I’m giving it back to Marty. | 因为我要把钱还给马蒂 |
[12:25] | Fuck that. I’m not giving him a fucking thing. | 去他妈的 我狗屁都不给他 |
[12:28] | He just promised not to rat you out, dipshit. | 他刚保证了不把你们供出去 笨蛋 |
[12:31] | He just got you back into school. | 他帮你重回了学校 |
[12:32] | Yeah, ’cause he feels guilty about killing my dad. | 是的 因为他杀了我爸心里有愧 |
[12:36] | – He didn’t kill your dad. – You don’t know that. | -他没杀你爸 -你又不知道 |
[12:38] | Just shut the fuck up about it, okay? | 闭上他妈的破嘴 |
[12:44] | Just stay away from Cade, all right? | 离凯德远点 明白吗 |
[12:46] | What’s he supposed to do? Uncle Cade lives right there. | 你让他怎么办 凯德叔叔就住在那边 |
[12:51] | What do you think I’m about to say? | 你觉得我会说什么 |
[12:56] | “Shut up, Three”? | “闭嘴 思里” |
[13:01] | So, how much money’d Cade give you? | 凯德到底给了你多少钱 |
[13:04] | Five grand. | 五千 |
[13:10] | This is where you give it back. Right now. | 把钱拿出来 赶紧的 |
[13:33] | I’ve got this, okay? | 交给我就行 好吗 |
[13:38] | Mr. And Mrs. Byrde. I’m Gena Bracken. | 比德先生和太太 我是吉娜·布拉肯 |
[13:42] | I’ll be representing Charlotte. | 我将代理夏洛特的案子 |
[13:45] | I’m sorry, who are you? | 不好意思 你是谁 |
[13:47] | Your daughter’s attorney in her emancipation case. | 你女儿申请脱离父母监护权案的律师 |
[13:51] | I’ve gone to the trouble | 我已经起草了 |
[13:52] | of drawing up Charlotte’s emancipation papers. | 夏洛特案子的所有文件 |
[13:56] | As soon as you and your husband sign them, | 只要你和你丈夫在上面签字 |
[13:58] | Charlotte will become an emancipated minor. | 夏洛特就会是个脱离父母监护的未成年人了 |
[14:01] | We can put all this behind us. | 这事就过去了 |
[14:04] | Why would we do that? | 我们为什么要这么做 |
[14:07] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[14:08] | Charlotte has painted a picture for me of a deeply unstable home. | 夏洛特给我描述了一个极度不稳定的家庭环境 |
[14:14] | One marred by marital infidelity | 婚姻不忠 |
[14:17] | and much, much worse. | 以及更多更糟糕的事情 |
[14:22] | Jonah, can you go to your room, please? | 乔纳 你先回房间好吗 |
[14:25] | Jonah already knew. | 乔纳已经知道了 |
[14:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:29] | The precise details | 我与夏洛特的 |
[14:31] | of my conversation with Charlotte are protected by privilege. | 具体谈话内容受法律保护 |
[14:34] | They will never see the light of day, if you sign these papers. | 只要你们签字 没有别人会知道 |
[14:38] | Otherwise, we will be forced to initiate legal proceedings | 否则 我们只能被迫走法律程序 |
[14:42] | and her statement goes into the public record. | 她的证词会公诸于世 |
[14:44] | Charlotte, do you really wanna go through with this? | 夏洛特 你真的想这样吗 |
[14:46] | No, have you really thought this through? | 不 你有好好想清楚吗 |
[14:48] | Mrs. Byrde, Charlotte has asked that I speak for her. | 比德太太 夏洛特让我替她发言 |
[14:51] | Just so we can keep the tone civil– | 这样可以保持对话文明 |
[14:52] | Oh, I’m sorry. Are you a member of this family? | 不好意思 你是这个家庭的一员吗 |
[14:56] | No, ma’am. | 不 女士 |
[14:57] | Then why should I give a fuck what you think? | 那我为什么要在乎你的想法 |
[14:58] | Okay, Wendy… | 冷静 温迪 |
[15:00] | Uh, Charlotte, how about you and I talk one-on-one? | 夏洛特 不如咱俩单独谈谈 |
[15:02] | – No, bravo, Charlotte. – No lawyers. Just you and me. | -干得漂亮夏洛特 -没有律师 就咱俩 |
[15:03] | – No, bravo. – Wendy– | -干得漂亮 -温迪 |
[15:05] | You were trying to get our attention. | 你想引起我们的注意 |
[15:06] | – Congratulations, because you got it. – Please… Wendy. Come on. | -恭喜你成功了 -别说了 温迪 |
[15:08] | Charlotte. | 夏洛特 |
[15:12] | Two days. You have two days. | 你们有两天时间 |
[15:50] | What the fuck are you doing in here? | 你他妈在这里干什么 |
[15:51] | Where’s the fucking money? | 妈的钱在哪 |
[15:55] | Well, I sure as shit won’t be telling you, baby girl. | 我肯定不会告诉你 宝贝女儿 |
[16:05] | Put down the gun, Ruth. | 把枪放下 鲁丝 |
[16:09] | Come on, put it down. | 快点 放下枪 |
[16:14] | You ain’t gonna kill your daddy. | 你不会杀了你爸的 |
[16:19] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[16:21] | You killed yours. | 你就杀了你爸 |
[16:24] | You’re not getting my money. | 你不会得到我的钱 |
[16:25] | It’s not yours, and I’m giving it back to Marty. | 那不是你的 我要还给马蒂 |
[16:29] | Now, why the fuck would you be doing that? | 你他妈为什么要那么做 |
[16:31] | Because he knows you took it, | 因为他知道是你拿的 |
[16:35] | and he still vouched for you with Nix. | 而他仍然为你向尼克斯担保了 |
[16:39] | But if you want, I can call him up right now and un-vouch. | 如果你想 我也可以打电话给他取消担保 |
[16:44] | You know, if I go down, | 如果我被抓了 |
[16:48] | Wyatt goes down with me. | 怀特也要跟我一起下水 |
[16:57] | Wyatt’s going to college, | 怀特要去上大学 |
[17:00] | so you can stay the fuck away from him. | 这样你就无法接近他了 |
[17:03] | You act like he’s Albert Einstein or some shit. | 你说得好像他是阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦一样 |
[17:06] | He’s a criminal, just like you fucking are. | 其实他就是个罪犯 和你一样 |
[17:14] | Ruth… | 鲁丝 |
[17:18] | that kid made more money today than he has his entire life, | 那孩子今天赚的钱比他一辈子拥有的都多 |
[17:21] | and you’d take that away from him? | 你要夺走那些吗 |
[17:30] | I already did. | 我已经拿走了 |
[17:33] | And now I’m taking yours. | 现在我要拿走你的 |
[17:43] | I thought you were gonna kill me. | 你不是要杀了我吗 |
[18:12] | Want some company? | 想要个伴儿吗 |
[18:17] | Listen. | 听着 |
[18:19] | We messed up, okay? I messed up. | 我们搞砸了 我搞砸了 |
[18:25] | But we are the only family that you’re ever gonna have. | 但我们是你这辈子唯一的家庭了 |
[18:31] | I’ll have my own family one day. | 总有一天我会有自己的家庭 |
[18:43] | Do you trust me? | 你相信我吗 |
[18:46] | Me? Your dad? | 我 你的父亲 |
[18:48] | – Trust you how? – To get us out of this. | -相信你什么 -带大家脱离这一切 |
[18:53] | Please trust me, Charlotte. | 请相信我 夏洛特 |
[18:55] | It is the one promise that I can make you, | 这是我唯一能答应你的 |
[18:58] | that you can always trust me. | 你总是可以信任我 |
[19:01] | And I am figuring a way out of this. | 我正在想出路 |
[19:03] | You know, we’re gonna make this right. | 我们会回到正轨上去的 |
[19:10] | Listen, parents are people, Charlotte. | 听着 父母也是普通人 夏洛特 |
[19:12] | We are… we’re flawed. | 我们有很多缺点 |
[19:14] | And I know it’s hard for kids to understand. | 我知道对于孩子来说很难理解 |
[19:16] | – I didn’t before I became a parent. – I’m gonna go now. | -我在没为人父母前也不理解 -我要走了 |
[19:20] | Charlotte. | 夏洛特 |
[19:25] | Look, I’m not asking you to stay. | 听着 我不是想叫你留下 |
[19:27] | I just need you to acknowledge that you know that I love you. | 我只是需要你承认 你知道我爱你 |
[19:33] | That’s it. | 仅此而已 |
[19:35] | That your mom and I love you more than anything in the world. | 承认你妈和我爱你胜过世上的一切 |
[19:38] | Can you do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[19:52] | How do we fix this? | 我们怎么解决这事 |
[19:55] | She knows way too much. | 她知道得太多了 |
[19:56] | There is no way we can let her emancipate. | 我们不可能让她脱离监护 |
[19:58] | She cannot be trusted out there on her own. | 我不相信她一个人在外能保守秘密 |
[20:00] | I mean, who knows who she’ll talk to? | 天知道她会告诉谁 |
[20:02] | Who she’ll think she can trust? | 她以为自己能相信谁 |
[20:03] | I mean, God only knows what that lawyer knows. | 天知道那律师知道了多少 |
[20:08] | She already knows about the affair and much, much more. | 她已经知道了出轨和更多更糟糕的事 |
[20:11] | Did you hear how she said that? | 你听到她那语气了吗 |
[20:14] | Like she’s proud to be able | 好像她很骄傲 |
[20:15] | to pick through the sordid details of our lives. | 知道我们生活的细节似的 |
[20:20] | Marty? | 马蒂 |
[20:21] | Yeah, listen. There’s nothing to fix, okay? | 听着 没什么要解决的 好吗 |
[20:23] | This isn’t some political scandal that you can just paper over | 这不是什么政治丑闻可以用 |
[20:27] | with a press conference and a halfhearted apology. | 一纸新闻稿和假惺惺的道歉来解决 |
[20:30] | This is our family falling apart, Wendy. | 这是我们的家要散了 温迪 |
[20:33] | – Okay. – Yeah. | -好 -没错 |
[20:34] | Well, then what do we do? | 那我们怎么办 |
[20:37] | We said six months. | 我们之前说六个月 |
[20:40] | What if we leave earlier? | 如果我们提早离开呢 |
[20:41] | What if we leave the second the casino | 如果等赌场一被批准 |
[20:42] | is approved and the cartel leaves town? | 贩毒集团离开 我们就走呢 |
[20:44] | – Okay, well, that’s insane. – Why? | -这是天方夜谭 -为什么 |
[20:46] | Because we don’t have the time | 因为我们没有足够时间 |
[20:47] | or the cash to be able to pull that off. | 或金钱来实现 |
[20:49] | What if I could go to that lawyer? | 不如我去找那个律师 |
[20:51] | I could get her to drop Charlotte as a client, | 我能让她不再代理夏洛特 |
[20:52] | or maybe at least I could find out what Charlotte said to her. | 或至少弄清夏洛特到底说了多少 |
[20:54] | No, that’s a terrible idea. | 不 这主意糟透了 |
[20:55] | After that little show that you pulled, | 在你刚才发了一通火之后 |
[20:58] | she’s even more likely to believe Charlotte. | 她更有可能相信夏洛特的话 |
[21:00] | And if you go see her, | 而且即使你去见她 |
[21:01] | you’re gonna be just as angry as you were tonight. | 也只会像今晚那么生气 |
[21:04] | I wasn’t angry. I was right. | 我不是生气 我是对的 |
[21:06] | Do not go see her. We have enough problems. | 别去见她 我们的麻烦已经够多了 |
[21:08] | Just go talk to Wilkes | 去和威尔克斯谈谈 |
[21:10] | and see if he’s found a way around the report, | 看看那个报告有没有什么可回转的余地 |
[21:12] | and I’ll try to figure out a way to force Snells’ hand. | 我会想办法对付斯内尔家的人 |
[21:22] | Got hard evidence on that Ozark-Chicago pipeline? | 找到奥克沙湖和芝加哥之间的铁证了吗 |
[21:24] | Something better: a new strategy. | 比那更好 一个新策略 |
[21:26] | These photos suggest the Navarro cartel and the KC mob | 这些照片证明纳瓦罗贩毒集团和堪萨斯黑帮 |
[21:29] | might’ve gone in together in this casino. | 也与这个赌场有关 |
[21:30] | And how’s that supposed to lower my blood pressure? | 这能怎么让我放心 |
[21:33] | It gives you the chance to bring down both at once. | 这给了你一举拿下这两个团伙的机会 |
[21:38] | If the gaming commission votes no on this license, | 如果博彩委员会不同意建赌场 |
[21:41] | Byrde’s dead to the cartel. | 比德对贩毒集团来说就没用了 |
[21:42] | You can swoop in, offer him a lifeline he can’t refuse. | 你可以趁机而入 抛给他一根救命绳 |
[21:46] | And if the gaming commission votes yes, | 如果博彩委员会投票通过了 |
[21:48] | the casino has to hire a thousand workers in a few short weeks. | 赌场建设需要在短短几周雇佣上千工人 |
[21:52] | You can easily slip in a bunch of undercover agents, | 可以轻松混入一群卧底警察 |
[21:56] | gut the cartel’s money-laundering | 拦腰截断贩毒集团的洗钱买卖 |
[21:57] | apparatus and the KC mob at the same time. | 并一举拿下堪萨斯黑帮 |
[22:00] | This casino… | 这个赌场 |
[22:03] | it can be your Trojan horse. | 它能成为你的特洛伊木马 |
[22:06] | – Mine? – Yours. | -我的 -你的 |
[22:11] | I just– I’d like to request a transfer. | 我想申请调职 |
[22:13] | Back to Chicago. | 回芝加哥 |
[22:17] | I’ve got some personal stuff that’s come up. | 我有一些私事 |
[22:20] | I need to be closer to home. | 想离家近一点 |
[22:43] | Ma. | 妈 |
[22:51] | Mom? | 妈 |
[22:55] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[23:00] | – Roy, is that really you? – It’s me. | -罗伊 真的是你吗 -是我 |
[23:04] | Promise. | 我保证 |
[23:07] | I missed you, Roy. | 我好想你 罗伊 |
[23:15] | Well… | 好了 |
[23:18] | you don’t have to miss me anymore. | 你以后不用再想我了 |
[23:23] | I’m gonna move home full-time. | 因为我要搬回来长住 |
[23:28] | That sounds wonderful. | 太好了 |
[23:30] | So… | 所以 |
[23:33] | you know, maybe you could move in | 也许你可以搬来和我住 |
[23:36] | with me and we could try to… | 我们可以试着… |
[23:42] | Yeah. Yeah. | 好 好啊 |
[23:47] | Okay, so I just… Mom? | 好 那我就 妈 |
[23:50] | No. | 别 |
[23:53] | I just need to go out of town, get my stuff… | 我需要出城一趟 去拿我的东西 |
[23:59] | and then I’ll come home. | 然后我就回家 |
[24:01] | So, I need you to promise me that you will not go anywhere | 我需要你保证 我回来前 |
[24:06] | – until I get back. Okay? – Sure. Yes. | -你不要乱跑 好吗 -行 好 |
[24:10] | Yes, sweetie, I promise. | 好的 宝贝 我答应你 |
[24:13] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[24:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:22] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:34] | Hey, excuse me. This photo here, | 打扰一下 这张照片 |
[24:36] | this was taken before the dam, right? | 是在大坝建成前拍的 对吧 |
[24:38] | Yes. And this handsome fella is my great-grandfather. | 没错 这个帅小伙是我的曽祖父 |
[24:43] | – Is that right? – Yeah. | -是吗 -千真万确 |
[24:44] | Okay. Well, then, your family was flooded out, too, huh? | 所以你的家族也被洪水赶走了 对吧 |
[24:47] | – Oh, yeah. Yeah. – Yeah? | -是的 -没错吧 |
[24:48] | You don’t seem that upset about it. | 你看上去并没有很不满意 |
[24:51] | Should I be? | 我该不满意吗 |
[24:52] | Well, a lot of people are still pretty upset about it. | 很多人仍在为这事耿耿于怀 |
[24:55] | Yeah, well, the government just wanted to give them electricity. | 好吧 但政府只是想为我们提供电力 |
[24:58] | Yeah, that’s true. | 是啊 这倒没错 |
[24:59] | Les. Les McAlister. | 我是莱斯·麦卡斯特 |
[25:00] | In-house counsel, Jackson Power District. | 杰克逊电力公司的内部律师 |
[25:03] | You’re Les. Okay. Well, I’m Marty Byrde. | 你是莱斯 我是马蒂·比德 |
[25:05] | I’m your nine o’clock. | 我是约了九点见你的人 |
[25:06] | Thanks for meeting with me on such short notice. | 谢谢你这么临时来见我 |
[25:08] | Oh, the pleasure’s all mine. | 是我的荣幸 |
[25:10] | I expect we’ll be doing quite a bit of business together | 我想我们以后会一起做不少生意 |
[25:12] | if your casino gets approved. | 如果你的赌场获批的话 |
[25:14] | That’s the plan. Yeah, no, we will, for sure. | 是这么计划的 没错 一定会的 |
[25:17] | – Shall we? – Mm-hmm. Yeah, please. | -去我办公室吧 -好 请带路 |
[25:20] | You know, Les, what I wanted to ask about | 莱斯 我今天想问一些 |
[25:21] | was something completely different, though. | 与赌场无关的问题 |
[25:23] | It’s actually about the dam. | 而是关于大坝 |
[25:26] | You know, the size of it is so impressive, the scale… | 它的规模非常惊人 占地极大 |
[25:29] | It kind of makes you wonder how they got away with it. | 让人不禁好奇 当初是怎么得逞的 |
[25:31] | Got away with what? | 什么得逞 |
[25:33] | Moving thousands of people so quickly. | 在短时间内迅速迁移数千人 |
[25:40] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[25:45] | All right, so it looks like I managed to neutralize | 看起来我成功削弱了 |
[25:47] | Beecher’s report to the commission. | 比彻的报告对委员会的影响力 |
[25:49] | Now at least you’re on a level playing field. | 现在至少赌场又有希望了 |
[25:51] | How’d you manage that? | 你怎么做到的 |
[25:53] | He’s being investigated for bribery. | 他正因受贿而被调查 |
[25:55] | And if I had to guess, your hunch was right. | 如果要我猜 你的直觉没错 |
[25:57] | The FBI was setting you up. | 联调局给你们下了套 |
[26:01] | And you leaked that to the commission? | 你把这个消息告诉委员会了吗 |
[26:03] | Well, they couldn’t turn a blind eye to corruption, could they? | 他们不能对腐败睁一只眼闭一只眼 不是吗 |
[26:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[26:10] | In the absence of a credible report, | 在没有可信报告的情况下 |
[26:12] | the commissioners will have some questions. | 委员会的人会有一些问题 |
[26:14] | You and Marty should be prepared to answer them. | 你和马蒂应该准备好如何回答 |
[26:16] | When? | 什么时候 |
[26:17] | Well, they wanna announce by the weekend, so later today at five. | 他们想在周末宣布结果 所以大约今天五点 |
[26:21] | Today? | 今天 |
[26:22] | They agreed to come here | 他们同意来这里 |
[26:23] | and meet with all parties involved. Informally. | 和所有相关人员见面 非正式的 |
[26:27] | – So this is our smoke-filled room? – Yeah. | -这就是我们的密谈室了 -没错 |
[26:29] | You wanted me because people would come to the lake house. | 你找我帮忙 是因为人们愿意来湖畔别墅 |
[26:32] | Well, I can get ’em here, but after that, it’s up to you. | 我能让他们来 但之后就要看你的造化了 |
[26:37] | And there’s one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[26:41] | Of course there is. | 当然了 |
[26:42] | If all goes well, | 如果一切顺利 |
[26:43] | the chairman of the gaming commission will ask something of you. | 博彩委员会的主席会向你提一些要求 |
[26:47] | Something like what? | 什么样的要求 |
[26:48] | I have no idea, but it won’t be small. | 不知道 但肯定不简单 |
[26:52] | And whatever it is, you need to grant it. | 不管是什么 你得答应 |
[26:54] | You don’t have a choice. | 你别无选择 |
[26:59] | So, extortion. | 所以是勒索 |
[27:01] | It’s the way they do business. | 这就是他们做生意的方法 |
[27:02] | Like you said, nothing personal. | 像你说的 不是针对你 |
[27:25] | Jacob. | 雅各布 |
[27:35] | Excuse me if I don’t shake your hand. | 抱歉我不想跟你握手 |
[27:39] | I’m fine skipping pleasantries. | 我不介意跳过寒暄 |
[27:45] | Let’s make this overture brief. | 赶紧进入正题吧 |
[27:47] | The Almighty himself could not convince us to lift our blockade. | 全能的上帝都不能让我们妥协 |
[27:52] | What about the federal government? | 那联邦政府呢 |
[27:54] | You know who I spent the morning with? | 你知道我早上和谁在一起吗 |
[27:56] | Your friends over at the power company. | 你在电力公司的朋友 |
[27:58] | I wanted to know how it was | 我想了解下1929年 |
[28:00] | that they were able to get your ancestors off | 他们是如何说服你的祖先 |
[28:02] | of their land so quickly back in 1929. | 如此迅速地撤离的 |
[28:07] | No mystery there. Lies, theft, intimidation. | 没什么秘诀 谎言 偷窃和威胁而已 |
[28:11] | Well, they got an assist from a little thing called riparian rights. | 是一种叫”河岸权”的东西帮了他们 |
[28:15] | Pardon me. | 你说什么 |
[28:17] | Riparian rights are the laws | 河岸权是定夺 |
[28:19] | that say who owns the land under a body of water. | 水下土地归属权的法律 |
[28:24] | It’s kind of crazy, right? | 挺疯狂的 是吧 |
[28:25] | I mean, who ever stops to consider the land under a lake? | 有谁会去想河流下的土地问题呢 |
[28:30] | Or, in this case, the Missouri River. | 好比在这里 密苏里河 |
[28:34] | Which last time I checked was a federal waterway. | 据我调查是一条联邦河道 |
[28:39] | What this means, Jacob, | 这意味着 雅各布 |
[28:40] | is that the instant you flooded your land | 就是你们把地淹了 |
[28:42] | and connected it to the Missouri, | 并连上密苏里河的那瞬间 |
[28:45] | you ceded all of that flooded land to the US government. | 你就把所有淹水的地拱手相让给美国政府了 |
[28:50] | Which is how I managed to obtain this written order | 我们凭借这个拿到了一张书面命令 |
[28:54] | guaranteeing our workers access to the boat. | 保证我们的工人能去船上 |
[28:57] | Now, if you defy this order, | 如果你决定违抗这命令 |
[28:59] | we can have the US Marshals escort them. | 我们可以让美国法警护送他们过去 |
[29:05] | And the land that you need for access roads and parking lots | 但你们需要的道路和停车场 |
[29:11] | to get the people to your precious boat. | 好让人们前往你那珍贵的船上的通道 |
[29:15] | We own all of it. | 依旧是我们的地 |
[29:18] | What’s to stop us from parking guards all around the water’s edge? | 我们为什么不在岸边布满警卫呢 |
[29:24] | Eminent domain. | 土地征用权 |
[29:26] | The feds are gonna give all the surrounding land | 政府会将周围所有的地 |
[29:29] | to our business partners | 给我们的合作伙伴 |
[29:30] | to build shopping malls and hotels | 用来建商场和酒店 |
[29:32] | and, yes, access roads. | 还有道路 |
[29:35] | Because it’s in their financial interest. | 因为这能增加政府的税收 |
[29:38] | The tax revenue from that development is gonna be massive, | 这种类型的建设会带来巨额的税收 |
[29:42] | just like it was in 1929. | 就像1929年一样 |
[29:45] | They own it all. | 政府拥有一切 |
[29:48] | Above, around and below. | 河流上空 周围和下面 |
[30:01] | There is a sermon to be had here, | 这里将有一场布道 |
[30:03] | but I don’t feel much like praying. | 但我不想祈祷 |
[30:06] | If you try to fight this, | 如果你试图反抗 |
[30:08] | it will cost you a lot more than a bullet in the shoulder. | 下次可就不只是肩膀上中枪了 |
[30:12] | Which is why you asked to meet me alone. | 所以你们要求单独见我 |
[30:16] | You were afraid Darlene wouldn’t be quite so receptive. | 因为害怕达琳不会安静地接受现实 |
[30:31] | I’ll need assurances… | 我需要你们保证 |
[30:36] | if we’re expected to stand down, | 如果我们妥协了 |
[30:41] | that you will never, ever | 你们永远 永远 |
[30:45] | try and hit me or my wife ever again. | 不会再来伤害我或我的妻子 |
[30:50] | You have them, so long as you keep Darlene in line. | 没问题 只要你管住达琳 |
[31:06] | Jacob… | 雅各布 |
[31:08] | tell Darlene that the casino profits | 告诉达琳这个赌场产生的利润 |
[31:11] | are gonna make you richer than you ever imagined. | 会让你们比想象的还要富有 |
[31:15] | That you can use them to buy twice the land that you have now. | 你可以用那些钱置购现在面积两倍的地 |
[31:20] | She’s the same woman now as when I married her. | 她还是当年我娶她时那个模样 |
[31:25] | Same woman that slipped into this booth 45 years ago, | 四十五年前坐在这个卡座上 |
[31:29] | took my beating heart in both her hands | 带走了我悸动的心 |
[31:31] | and took off quicker than a mare. | 像风一般离开了 |
[31:36] | Same woman I’ve been chasing ever since. | 从那时起我便一直追寻她 |
[31:44] | They’ll kill you, Jacob. | 他们会杀了你的 雅各布 |
[31:49] | What do you do, Martin, | 你会怎么办 马蒂 |
[31:52] | when the bride who took your breath away | 那个曾让你怦然心动的新娘 |
[31:57] | becomes the wife who makes you hold your breath in terror? | 变成了令你惶惶不可终日的妻子 |
[32:41] | It’s from Mizzou. | 密苏里大学来的信 |
[32:47] | I know it’s… | 我知道这… |
[32:50] | it’s fucking skinny, and maybe it’s a no, but… | 很薄 而且也许是拒信 但是 |
[32:55] | I also want you to know | 我也希望你知道 |
[32:57] | that there’s a buttload of other colleges out there. | 还有很多其他的大学 |
[33:16] | Okay, can you do it? I can’t. | 你来拆吧 我做不到 |
[33:36] | “Dear Wyatt Langmore, | “尊敬的怀特·朗默 |
[33:38] | I am delighted to inform you | 我很高兴地通知你 |
[33:40] | that the University of Missouri Committee on Admissions | 密苏里大学招生委员会 |
[33:45] | has accepted you into the class of 2022.” | 同意接受你作为2022届学生” |
[34:02] | “Just wanted to let you know that your essay | “我们只想告诉你 你的申请信 |
[34:04] | was among the most inspiring we’ve seen all year.” | 是这些年来最鼓舞人心的文章之一” |
[34:12] | Maybe it can wait a year. | 也许我可以再等一年 |
[34:17] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[34:21] | I can’t leave Three. | 我不能离开思里 |
[34:25] | Three will be fine. I’ll take care of him. | 思里会没事的 我会照顾他 |
[34:32] | I don’t know, Ruth. | 我不知道 鲁丝 |
[34:34] | What’s not to know? | 有什么不知道的 |
[34:35] | This is everything you’ve been working for– | 这是你一直以来努力的目标 |
[34:37] | I know. I just feel stuck, okay? | 我知道 但我觉得不知所措 |
[34:39] | Okay, so get the fuck unstuck. | 那就振作起来 别不知所措了 |
[34:43] | There’s no curse, Wyatt. | 没有什么诅咒 怀特 |
[34:46] | I need to understand what happened to my dad, okay? | 我得知道我爸发生了什么事 好吗 |
[34:50] | Was it an accident? Was he murdered? | 是事故吗 还是被谋杀的 |
[34:52] | Then what the fuck happened? | 到底发生了什么 |
[35:10] | What deals did you just make behind my back? | 你背着我做了什么决定 |
[35:16] | Only the ones to protect your life. | 能保护你生命的决定 |
[35:21] | I’ve been doing just fine with that on my own. | 我自己照样能保护自己 |
[35:24] | Yes, well… | 也许吧 |
[35:30] | I think my right arm might beg to differ. | 但我的右胳膊可不同意 |
[35:33] | I told you, God has bigger plans. | 我告诉过你 上帝有更宏大的计划 |
[35:41] | We’re beat, Darlene. | 我们输了 达琳 |
[35:45] | We were beat the second we flooded that land. | 当我们把那地淹了时就已经输了 |
[35:54] | Land now owned by US government. | 现在属于美国政府了 |
[35:58] | The second you flooded that land. | 是你淹了那地 |
[36:01] | I told you, we should never have shaken hands with those Mexicans. | 我早就说过 绝不能和那些墨西哥人做生意 |
[36:09] | And you were right. | 你是对的 |
[36:12] | You were right. But, right now, | 你是对的 但现在 |
[36:17] | they don’t need us alive for their casino. | 他们不需要我们活着才能建赌场了 |
[36:21] | So the only thing keeping us that way | 所以我们现在还活着的唯一原因 |
[36:23] | is my promise that we’ll stand down. | 就是我答应他们就此罢手 |
[36:29] | Until no one’s looking, | 直到没人注意 |
[36:32] | then they’ll go ahead and kill us anyway. | 他们就可以来把我们杀了 |
[36:35] | No, Darlene. | 不 达琳 |
[36:36] | They just wanna keep us smiling and happy and stupid | 他们只希望我们保持微笑 傻傻待着 |
[36:41] | until their casino comes through. | 直到他们的赌场建成 |
[36:43] | You don’t know that. | 这可不一定 |
[36:44] | It’s what I’d do. | 换了我就会这么做 |
[36:47] | They’ll want one of our heads as a price for those poisoned drugs | 他们会让我们其中一人为那些掺假的毒品负责 |
[36:51] | and you know it. | 你心知肚明 |
[36:52] | Is that why you met with them alone? | 所以你才背着我单独和他们见面吧 |
[36:55] | I met with them alone because the last time you undermined me, | 我单独见他们 是因为上次你拆了我的台 |
[36:58] | it nearly got me killed. | 差点害我丢了性命 |
[37:02] | Just like you killed Ash. | 就像你杀了艾希一样 |
[37:04] | Your temper killed Ash. | 是你的臭脾气害死了艾希 |
[37:09] | It’s like it’s killing everything | 你的怒火在毁灭一切 |
[37:12] | we spent our lives working for. | 我们毕生努力的东西 |
[37:16] | But I swear, Darlene, | 但我发誓 达琳 |
[37:18] | if you ever even think to undermine me again… | 如果你再想拆我的台 |
[37:25] | What? | 怎么 |
[37:29] | Tell me, Jacob. | 说啊 雅各布 |
[37:33] | What the fuck happens if I undermine you? | 如果我再拆你的台 你会怎样 |
[37:39] | Don’t push me, Darlene. | 别逼我 达琳 |
[37:43] | It will not end well for you. | 结局不会好看的 |
[38:05] | Ms. Bracken? | 布拉肯女士 |
[38:12] | – I’m sorry if I’m disturbing you. – No, no. Not at all. | -抱歉打扰你了 -不 没有的事 |
[38:15] | Family law is about attending to people’s feelings, | 家庭法致力于关注人们的感情 |
[38:17] | and feelings never follow rules or wait for appointments. | 感情不遵循规则 也不按时出现 |
[38:21] | Especially when those feelings come from a teenager. | 尤其是来自于青少年的感情 |
[38:24] | Or their parents. | 或是他们父母 |
[38:28] | I wanted to apologize for my reaction yesterday. | 我想为我昨天的反应道歉 |
[38:35] | And offer a little context. Um… | 并补充一些背景信息 |
[38:38] | I’m sure that Charlotte | 我相信夏洛特 |
[38:39] | has mentioned to you our move from Chicago. | 一定提到了我们是从芝加哥搬来的 |
[38:42] | And she’s taken it harder | 我和我丈夫都没料到 |
[38:43] | than my husband and I could’ve ever anticipated. | 她对此会如此抗拒 |
[38:47] | I’m sure you understand how difficult it is to… | 我想你肯定理解 看到一个聪明 |
[38:50] | to watch a bright, promising child struggle. | 有前途的孩子那样挣扎 做父母的有多心疼 |
[38:53] | And even how more difficult it is to admit | 更困难的是要承认 |
[38:55] | that you don’t always know how to respond to that. So… | 有时候我们不知该如何应对这种情况 |
[39:01] | I’m genuinely sorry for my reaction yesterday, | 昨天的事我真的很抱歉 |
[39:06] | and for how much of your time we’ve wasted. | 也很抱歉浪费了你很多时间 |
[39:08] | I just want you to know that my husband and I | 我只想让你知道我丈夫和我 |
[39:10] | are willing to pay your hourly rate– | 愿意付钱给你 |
[39:12] | I’ve been doing this for a very long time, Mrs. Byrde. | 我已经干这行很久了 比德太太 |
[39:16] | Long enough to see scores of teenagers come through here, | 每年都有好几个十个青少年来到这里 |
[39:20] | asking for their emancipation | 申请脱离父母的监护权 |
[39:21] | because mommy and daddy took away their car keys | 就因为爸妈拿走了他们的车钥匙 |
[39:24] | – and their cell phones. – I can imagine. | -和他们的手机 -我能想象 |
[39:26] | Charlotte is not one of them. | 夏洛特不是那样 |
[39:29] | She is terrified of the person she’ll become | 她害怕如果继续待在那个家里 |
[39:31] | if she has to stay in that house. | 她不知道自己会变成怎样的人 |
[39:33] | It is clear to me that she’s responding to something extremely… | 很明显她的担忧源于家里发生的一些 |
[39:38] | troubling at home. | 很令人烦恼的事 |
[39:41] | But I just don’t have any idea what she’s talking about. | 但我真的不知道她在说什么 |
[39:47] | If you could shed just some light | 如果你可以告诉我们 |
[39:49] | on what she has said, then I don’t know. | 她到底说了什么 |
[39:52] | Maybe I could offer a little perspective, | 也许我可以提供些别的看法 |
[39:53] | or at least understand why she’s so upset. | 至少知道她为何如此不开心 |
[39:56] | I can’t reveal any more of the specifics. | 我不能透露任何具体的内容 |
[40:00] | And I hope I never have to, | 我也希望永远不用 |
[40:03] | because you and your husband signed those papers without a fight. | 只要你和你丈夫直接在文件上签字 |
[40:17] | You know, the kind of people | 你要知道 不管你认为我们 |
[40:18] | who do the troubling things you think we’re doing | 在做什么令人不安的事情 |
[40:21] | are the kind of people who will do anything | 做这种事的人一定会不择手段 |
[40:22] | to protect their children. | 保护他们的孩子 |
[40:25] | Judges don’t look kindly on people who threaten lawyers. | 法官不会对威胁律师的人心慈手软的 |
[40:29] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[40:31] | I’m just saying, I’ll do anything to protect my daughter. | 我只是说 我会竭尽全力保护我女儿 |
[40:35] | And I know she’s safest at home, with her family. | 我知道她在家与家人在一起才最安全 |
[41:03] | – Sheriff. – Cade. Whatcha doing? | -警长 -凯德 你在干什么 |
[41:07] | Swapping out the thermostat and plugs on this engine, | 把恒温器拔下来 装到这台发动机上 |
[41:10] | which I pulled off that skiff. | 都是摩托艇上拆下来的 |
[41:14] | Who owns the skiff? | 摩托艇是谁的 |
[41:17] | That’s above my pay grade. | 那就不是我能知道的了 |
[41:22] | You know, boats have been going missing | 自从你假释出狱后 |
[41:23] | since about the time you got paroled. | 就丢了不少船 |
[41:26] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[41:30] | I don’t wanna tell you your job, Sheriff, | 我不想对你的工作说三道四 警长 |
[41:34] | but it looks like it could be coincidence. | 但可能只是巧合 |
[41:38] | You’re selling stolen boat parts. | 你在贩卖失窃船的零部件 |
[41:40] | And you robbed the strip club. | 你还抢劫了脱衣俱乐部 |
[41:42] | Hit that guy in the head with the butt of your gun, | 用枪屁股打了别人脑袋 |
[41:44] | sent him to the hospital. | 导致人进了医院 |
[41:47] | That’s what I’m thinking. | 这就是我的想法 |
[41:48] | You know… | 你知道吗 |
[41:51] | if thinking were a cupcake, I’d eat that shit. | 如果想法是个纸杯蛋糕 我会吃了它 |
[41:57] | I was you, I’d be looking over my shoulder, brother. | 如果我是你 就会小心点 兄弟 |
[42:00] | Because I will catch you in the act | 因为我会抓你个现行 |
[42:02] | and I will send you back to prison. | 把你扔回大牢 |
[42:05] | You understand me? | 明白吗 |
[42:12] | Good luck with that. | 祝你好运 |
[42:21] | Well, you gotta put yourself | 你得设身处地 |
[42:22] | in the commission’s shoes, Mr. Byrde. | 替委员会考虑一下 比德先生 |
[42:24] | You own four small businesses, and you wanna open a casino. | 你拥有四家小企业 还要开一家赌场 |
[42:28] | With two partners. | 有两个合伙人 |
[42:29] | One of whom isn’t even based in this country. | 其中一方的本部都不在国内 |
[42:33] | You gotta imagine, | 你得想想 |
[42:34] | we’re normally inclined to grant licenses to native Missourians. | 我们通常倾向于给密苏里本土企业发放执照 |
[42:38] | Of course. Jacob. | 当然了 雅各布 |
[42:41] | as you should. | 应当如此 |
[42:42] | It’s why it was so important for my wife and I | 所以我们夫妇 |
[42:45] | to partner with Jacob and his wife Darlene. | 跟雅各布夫妇合伙才尤为重要 |
[42:48] | The Snell family has been on this land | 斯内尔家族早在这片土地 |
[42:50] | since before there was even a lake, right? | 还不是湖泊时就在这里落脚了 对吧 |
[42:52] | That’s right. That’s right. | 没错… |
[42:53] | There’s more Snell blood in that land | 那片土地上斯内尔家的血脉 |
[42:55] | than any other family in Missouri. | 比密苏里的其他家族都多 |
[42:57] | Jacob. | 雅各布 |
[42:59] | I see you’re still working the farm every day. | 看来你仍然每天在农场上劳作 |
[43:01] | Yeah, well, hazard of the job, I guess. | 是的 算是工作的危害吧 |
[43:04] | Still, it keeps you young. | 不过那能让你保持活力 |
[43:05] | Yep. | 没错 |
[43:11] | You over here pulling strings? | 你在这里操纵一切吗 |
[43:14] | Watching people’s mouths flap? | 看着人们嚼舌根子 |
[43:18] | Hey, tell me. Once the casino’s open, | 告诉我 一旦赌场开张 |
[43:22] | how long before you try to take us out again? | 你还要多久就会再度试图除掉我们 |
[43:25] | You won’t be touched. I gave your husband my word. | 不会碰你们的 我向你丈夫保证了 |
[43:28] | What’s that worth? | 你的保证值几个钱 |
[43:31] | You know, you’ll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. | 用蜂蜜比用醋能抓到更多的苍蝇 |
[43:36] | What do I catch with tar? | 那我用焦油能抓到什么 |
[43:38] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[43:53] | Can you turn down the music? | 能把音乐关小声点吗 |
[43:54] | I’m gonna put the baby down for a nap. | 我要把宝宝放下睡一会 |
[44:05] | I think what you’re doing is wrong. | 我觉得你做得不对 |
[44:10] | How do you think this ends? Happily ever after? | 你觉得这事会有什么结局 从此幸福快乐吗 |
[44:14] | No, but they’re getting the casino approved. | 不 但他们会让赌场被批准 |
[44:15] | – That was the plan. – We’re bad guys. | -原计划就是那样 -我们是坏人 |
[44:18] | I mean, we’re criminals. You see that, don’t you? | 我们是罪犯 你知道的 对吗 |
[44:22] | You almost killed someone, and Mom asked you to do it, | 你差点杀了人 而且是妈妈让你做的 |
[44:24] | and you’re not even freaked out about it? | 而你甚至都没害怕 |
[44:26] | That’s what freaks me out. | 这才是让我害怕的 |
[44:39] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[44:42] | Yeah, well, you didn’t have to tell that lawyer about the affair. | 你没必要跟律师说外遇的事 |
[44:45] | Jonah… | 乔纳 |
[44:50] | How we looking? | 什么情况了 |
[44:52] | There’s one definite no. | 有一人绝对反对 |
[44:54] | There’s two that are leaning our way | 有两人倾向于我们 |
[44:55] | and two that are still on the fence. | 还有两个保持中立 |
[44:57] | – Could I have a water, please? -Sure. | -能给我来杯水吗 谢谢 -当然 |
[44:59] | Do you think that Wilkes will be able to sway the undecideds? | 你觉得威尔克斯能说动那些没拿定主意的人吗 |
[45:02] | Honestly? I think he’s still figuring out | 说实话吗 我觉得他还在想 |
[45:04] | if he’s gonna save his own ass or take us down with him. | 他是要保住自己 还是拉我们一起下水 |
[45:14] | – If I may. – Pardon me. | -打扰了 -失陪 |
[45:20] | Is she staying in line? | 她还规矩吗 |
[45:27] | Why don’t you just worry about your own business? | 你还是操心你自己的事吧 |
[45:30] | I am. | 正是 |
[45:32] | But if you don’t keep up your end of the bargain, | 但你要是不信守承诺 |
[45:34] | I can’t keep up mine. | 我也无法守住我的承诺 |
[45:51] | Don’t look now, but I think here comes our ask. | 别回头 不过我觉得有人来问我们了 |
[45:55] | – Mr. And Mrs. Byrde. – Commissioner Hodges. | -比德夫妇 -霍齐斯委员 |
[45:58] | I must say, you’ve made quite the impression. | 我得说 你们很让人印象深刻 |
[46:00] | The fact that you succeeded | 你们起初 |
[46:01] | in overturning the casino cap in the first place, | 能成功推翻赌场数量的上限 |
[46:04] | well, that in and of itself is an accomplishment. | 那本身就是种成就了 |
[46:07] | Well, obviously, from our end, | 显然 从我们的角度 |
[46:09] | we’d hate to think that we lifted the cap in vain. | 我们不想认为自己白白抬高了赌场的上限 |
[46:12] | I believe in being direct. | 我喜欢直白 |
[46:14] | Please do. | 请 |
[46:16] | I believe I could assuage the other commissioners’ fears | 我相信我能缓解其他委员的不安 |
[46:21] | if I had certain assurances. | 如果给我相应的保证的话 |
[46:24] | What kind of assurances? | 什么样的保证 |
[46:27] | What’s your relationship with Frank Cosgrove? | 你跟弗兰克·科斯格罗夫是什么关系 |
[46:32] | his company is gonna be involved in some of the construction. | 他的公司将参与部分建筑工程 |
[46:36] | Because there’s obviously concerns | 因为明显有人担心 |
[46:38] | about organized crime infiltrating the gaming industry. | 有犯罪集团会渗透进赌博业 |
[46:41] | Commissioner, I can promise you | 委员 我可以保证 |
[46:43] | that he is not going to be involved | 他不会涉足 |
[46:45] | with the business outside of the initial construction. | 初期建设之外的生意 |
[46:47] | I’d be happy to put that in writing. | 我很乐意把这点付诸文字 |
[46:50] | Keeping Missouri a right-to-work state is a priority for me. | 让密苏里保持是个保障就业权的州是我的优先考虑 |
[46:55] | Please, be direct. | 请直说吧 |
[46:58] | The casino can’t be a union shop. | 赌场不能成为工会车间 |
[47:01] | Under any circumstances. | 任何情况下都不行 |
[47:12] | Then it won’t be. You have my word. | 那就不会 我保证 |
[47:17] | Great. Thank you. | 很好 谢谢 |
[47:31] | Did we just betray the Kansas City mafia? | 我们是刚背叛了堪萨斯城的黑手党吗 |
[47:51] | What the hell do you think you’re doing? | 你他妈以为你在干什么 |
[47:54] | You want a hit? | 要来一口吗 |
[47:58] | Suit yourself. | 随你们的便 |
[48:00] | Where’s your brother? | 你弟弟呢 |
[48:02] | I don’t know. Probably laundering money in his room. | 不知道 可能在他房间里洗钱吧 |
[48:04] | Put that out! | 给我灭了 |
[48:11] | Why should I even pretend to not break the law | 我为什么要假装没违法 |
[48:13] | when no one else does? | 明明别人都没假装 |
[48:15] | You know Wendy here threatened my lawyer today? | 你知道温迪今天威胁了我的律师吗 |
[48:17] | – That is not what happened. – Oh, that’s what she told me. | -不是那么回事 -她是那么跟我说的 |
[48:20] | Yes, I went to her, | 是的 我去找了她 |
[48:21] | because I wanted to understand why you were so upset. | 因为我想知道你为什么这么不高兴 |
[48:23] | – You went to her? – Like it’s some big fucking mystery? | -你去找她了 -这难道是什么大秘密吗 |
[48:25] | I said I would do anything | 我说过会为你做任何事 |
[48:26] | in the world for you because I loved you. | 因为我爱你 |
[48:28] | Now, clearly, she has taken that, | 现在 显然她听进去了 |
[48:29] | she’s twisted it and made it sound like some sort of a threat. | 她曲解了那话 并让那话听起来像威胁 |
[48:32] | Because you know what, Charlotte? Lawyers are dishonest. | 你知道吗 夏洛特 律师都是不诚实的 |
[48:35] | You know who’s dishonest? Drug lords. | 你知道谁不诚实吗 大毒枭 |
[48:37] | Okay, let’s all just calm down for a second, okay? | 好吧 咱们先冷静一下 好吗 |
[48:40] | Why? | 为什么 |
[48:41] | So you can emotionally blackmail me | 好让你说你有多努力在弥补一切 |
[48:44] | with this bullshit about how you’re trying so hard to fix this? | 以此对我进行道德绑架吗 |
[48:47] | Do not disrespect your father. | 不准不尊重你爸爸 |
[48:48] | He’s not my father, and you’re not my mother. | 他不是我爸 你也不是我妈 |
[48:51] | Charlotte! | 夏洛特 |
[48:52] | And as far as I’m concerned, | 就我而言 |
[48:54] | the two of you can both dissolve in a fucking vat of acid. | 你俩最好都溶解在一桶酸液里吧 |
[49:02] | Fine. | 行 |
[49:04] | Fine. | 很好 |
[49:06] | You wanna emancipate? Fine. You emancipate. | 你想脱离监护是吧 你如愿了 |
[49:16] | You wanna go, Charlotte? Go! | 你想走是吧 夏洛特 你走 |
[49:19] | You be my guest! | 尽管走 |
[49:23] | Just go! | 给我滚 |
[49:40] | Why did you talk to her lawyer? | 你为什么要找她的律师 |
[49:42] | I told you that would make things worse, didn’t I? | 我跟你说过会让事情更糟 不是吗 |
[49:44] | Somebody had to do something. | 总有人得做点什么 |
[49:47] | We can’t just cross our fingers and wish it away. | 我们不能十指交叉祈祷一切烟消云散 |
[49:49] | I did do something. I talked to her. | 我采取了行动 我跟她谈了 |
[49:51] | Oh! Well, clearly it did a whole lot of good. | 好吧 显然收效甚多 |
[49:56] | Because you undermined me, Wendy. | 因为你拆了我的台 温迪 |
[50:04] | Why are you taking her side? | 你为什么帮她说话 |
[50:07] | Because she’s right. We’re not fit to be parents. | 因为她是对的 我们不适合做家长 |
[50:11] | It’s not even a family. | 这根本不算一个家 |
[50:13] | It’s a goddamn group of criminals. | 这是一伙罪犯 |
[50:18] | God. | 天 |
[50:23] | God damn it! | 该死 |
[50:26] | God damn it! | 妈的 |
[50:39] | Nix thinks I fucking robbed the strip club. | 尼克斯觉得我他妈抢劫了脱衣俱乐部 |
[50:41] | You did. | 你确实抢了 |
[50:43] | You hold on, girl. What’d you say to him? | 等等 小妞 你跟他说了什么 |
[50:45] | Nothing. Fuck off. | 没什么 滚 |
[50:46] | Why don’t you tell Nix a couple of Mexicans did it, huh? | 你怎么不告诉尼克斯是几个墨西哥人干的 |
[50:50] | You really think that’s a good idea? | 你真觉得那是好主意吗 |
[50:51] | To go to the sheriff and say, | 去跟警长说 |
[50:53] | “Hey, you know what? Now I remember. | “你猜怎么着 我想起来了 |
[50:55] | It was a couple of Mexicans.” | 是几个墨西哥人干的” |
[50:56] | Maybe I’ll go to that fucking fed, | 也许我会去找那个联调局的 |
[50:57] | Petty, and drop a dime on all your asses. Hmm? | 佩迪 举报你们所有人 如何 |
[51:00] | You’re putting this on me? Hmm? | 你要把这怪罪于我 |
[51:03] | ‘Cause last I checked, I didn’t rob anybody. | 据我所知 我可没抢过人 |
[51:06] | I didn’t violate parole. | 我没违反假释条例 |
[51:07] | I’m your fucking father. | 我他妈是你爸 |
[51:09] | – Now, you will fucking get me out– – Or what? | -你他妈得帮我脱身 -否则怎样 |
[51:12] | Or you’ll kill me? | 你就杀了我吗 |
[51:28] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[51:33] | Sorry to bother you so late. I can’t find Charlotte. | 抱歉这么晚来打扰你 我找不到夏洛特了 |
[51:37] | She left in her van with Wyatt. | 她跟怀特一起开车走了 |
[51:40] | Van? What van? | 车 什么车 |
[51:41] | The one she bought with her own money. | 她用自己的钱买的 |
[51:46] | Do you know where they went? | 你知道他们去哪了吗 |
[51:48] | All I know is that they’re not here. | 我只知道他们不在这里 |
[52:11] | Yes, four of us, going from Sunrise Beach | 对 我们四人 从日出海滩 |
[52:14] | to a location near Little Rock, Arkansas. | 去一个靠近小岩城的地方 |
[52:19] | That’s right, one way. | 没错 单程 |
[52:24] | Uh, sir, can I call you right back, please? Thank you. | 先生 我回头打给你好吗 谢谢 |
[52:30] | I found her. | 我找到她了 |
[52:31] | She’s with Wyatt, in a van. | 她跟怀特在一起 在一辆房车上 |
[52:35] | A van? Whose van? | 房车 谁的房车 |
[52:39] | I don’t know. I think hers. | 不知道 好像是她的 |
[52:41] | I’m gonna wait here until she comes out. | 我在这里等她出来 |
[52:43] | – Be nice to her, okay? – Yeah. | -对她温柔点 好吗 -知道 |
[52:53] | – Is Mom okay? – Yeah. She found Charlotte. | -妈妈还好吗 -没事 她找到夏洛特了 |
[52:57] | I’m not so sure she wanted to be found. | 我不确定她想被找到 |
[53:12] | What were you and the lawyer whispering about at that party? | 你跟那个律师之前在派对上嘀咕什么呢 |
[53:17] | Just small talk. Playing nice. | 就是随便聊聊 装友好 |
[53:23] | Figured we might go for a walk before breakfast. | 我想着早餐前我们可以出去走走 |
[53:26] | This early? | 这么早吗 |
[53:29] | Workers start building that road today. | 工人今天要开始修路了 |
[53:36] | Don’t you think we ought to see the land one last time? | 你不觉得我们该最后看一眼那土地吗 |
[53:41] | While it’s still unspoiled? | 趁着它还没被破坏 |
[53:59] | Let’s take the long ways. | 我们走远路吧 |
[54:03] | Drink it all in before it’s gone. | 在一切消失前好好欣赏一番 |
[54:54] | 联合创始人 罗伯特·鲍威尔和罗斯·朗默 | |
[55:18] | Hello. | 你好 |
[55:19] | You got it, Wendy. You won. | 拿下了 温迪 |
[55:22] | Barring any fuck-ups, | 拦住了各种废物 |
[55:22] | the commission’s gonna grant your license in 48 hours. | 委员会将在48小时内授予你许可证 |
[55:28] | I don’t know how the fuck you do it, | 我不知道你他妈怎么做到的 |
[55:29] | but you always manage to get what you want, don’t you? | 但你总能得到自己想要的 是吧 |
[56:08] | Petty. You’re that fed, ain’t you? | 佩迪 你就是那个探员 对吧 |
[56:13] | I wanna talk to you about Marty Byrde. | 我想跟你谈谈马蒂·比德 |
[56:36] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[56:39] | It’s a badger, looks like. | 看起来是头獾 |
[56:43] | Best leave it. | 最好别动它 |
[56:45] | His family will find it and drag it back to the den. | 它的家人会发现它 把它拖回窝里 |
[56:48] | Pups will feed on the worms and eat the corpse. | 幼崽会吃虫子 还会吃了尸体 |
[56:54] | That way its death has meaning. | 这样它的死也算有意义了 |
[56:57] | Brings nourishment to the family. | 能给家人带来营养 |
[57:46] | I’m gonna need you to take over the whole operation. | 我需要你接手整个项目 |
[57:50] | The second the casino is approved, | 赌场一旦获批 |
[57:51] | I’m getting my family out of here. | 我就要带着家人离开这里 |
[57:56] | And if you can run things by yourself, | 如果你能自己经营 |
[57:59] | we’ll be long gone before the cartel knows we’ve left. | 在贩毒集团发现之前 我们早已远走高飞了 |
[58:02] | With me out of the picture, | 没有了我 |
[58:03] | they’ll have no choice but to hand everything to you. | 他们将别无选择 只能把一切都交给你 |
[58:09] | But if this is gonna work, no one can know. | 但如果想要事成 就不能让任何人知道 |
[58:12] | Not the kids, not Wendy. | 孩子们不行 温迪也不行 |
[59:17] | It’ll be quick. I promise. | 会很快的 我保证 |
[59:24] | Cyanide in your coffee, from ground-up cherry pits. | 你的咖啡里有氰化物 是磨碎的樱桃核里的 |
[59:35] | I never could keep up with you, Darlene. | 我永远跟不上你的脚步 达琳 |
[59:39] | It’s okay, baby. Just rest. | 没关系的 宝贝 休息吧 |
[59:47] | I love you, Jacob. | 我爱你 雅各布 |
[59:51] | You just rest. | 你休息吧 |
[59:53] | I’ll make sure it means something. | 我会确保这有意义的 |