时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Let me ask you a question. | 问你们个问题 |
[00:05] | Say there’s a runaway train. | 假如有列失控的火车 |
[00:06] | It’s hurtling out of control towards ten people standing in the middle of the tracks. | 正冲向站在轨道中的10个人 |
[00:11] | The only way to save those people | 拯救这些人的唯一办法 |
[00:12] | is to flip a switch – send the train down another set of tracks. | 就是扳动道岔 把火车转向另外一道铁轨 |
[00:15] | The only problem is | 可问题是 |
[00:17] | there is a baby in the middle of those tracks. | 在那个轨道上 有一个婴儿 |
[00:20] | Why would anyone leave a baby in harm’s way like that? | 谁会冒险把婴儿放在那里呢? |
[00:22] | I don’t know. That’s not the point. | 不知道 这不重要 |
[00:23] | Look, it’s an ethical dilemma. | 这是一个很难抉择的伦理问题 |
[00:25] | Look, Katie Brown brought it up over dinner the other night. | Katie Brown曾在晚餐上提起过 |
[00:27] | The question is: | 现在的问题是 |
[00:28] | is it appropriate to divert the train and kill the one baby | 扳动道岔 让火车去撞死那个婴儿 |
[00:31] | to save the ten people? | 从而换取是个人的性命 这样做是否合适 |
[00:34] | Wouldn’t the people just see the train coming and move? | 难道那些人看不到火车要来了 然后躲开么? |
[00:36] | No. No, they wouldn’t see it. | 不 他们不会看到 |
[00:38] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[00:39] | Well … … Look, I dunno – say they’re blind. | 我不知道… 假如说他们都是瞎子 |
[00:41] | – *All* of them? – Yes, all of them. | ﹣全部都是? ﹣对 全部都是 |
[00:43] | Then why don’t you just call out and tell them to move out of the way? | 那为什么不朝他们喊 叫他们躲开呢? |
[00:45] | Well, because they can’t hear you. | 因为他们听不到 |
[00:47] | What, they’re deaf too? | 怎么 他们还是聋子? |
[00:49] | How fast is the train going? | 火车开得有多快? |
[00:50] | Look, the speed doesn’t matter! | 速度并不重要! |
[00:52] | Well, sure it does. | 不 当然重要 |
[00:52] | If it’s goin’ slow enough, | 如果不是很快的话 |
[00:54] | you could outrun it and shove everyone to the side. | 你可以赶在它前面 把所有人都推开 |
[00:56] | Or better yet, go get the baby. | 更简单的办法是直接抱走那个婴儿 |
[00:58] | For God’s sake! I was just trying to … | 看在上帝的份上 我只是想… |
[00:59] | Rodney? Rodney? | |
[01:00] | Yes. Go ahead. | 在 讲吧 |
[01:02] | Major Lorne just dialled in from M4D-058. | Lorne少校刚刚从M4D-058号行星 拨号过来 |
[01:04] | He says he’s got something you’ll want to see. | 说想给你看样东西 |
[01:08] | Work it out. | 好好想想吧 |
[01:10] | We came through the space Gate and | 我们穿过太空中的星门后 |
[01:12] | immediately noticed a bunch of small satellites in geosynchronous orbit above the planet. | 马上注意到在行星的同步轨道上 布置有很多小卫星 |
[01:16] | An advanced civilisation? | 一个高度发达的文明? |
[01:17] | That’s what *we* thought, | 开头我们也这样想 |
[01:19] | then we picked up life signs directly below, so we flew down, | 在探测到行星上有生命信号后 我们就飞了下去 |
[01:22] | saw several villages separated by a large river | 看到一些村落被一条大河隔开 |
[01:24] | and decided to check one of them out, | 然后决定到一个村子里去看看 |
[01:25] | and as you can see … Sergeant? | 于是看到了… 中士? |
[01:28] | these people don’t exactly look like they’re ready to be launching any satellites – | 看上去这些人并没有能力发射卫星 |
[01:32] | at least not for the next five hundred years or so. | 至少还要等上五百年 |
[01:35] | The Ancients probably put ’em up there. | 卫星也许是古人布置的 |
[01:37] | Send a science team to check it out. | 派一支科考队过去看看 |
[01:39] | Uh, actually, | 事实上 |
[01:41] | I think Doctor McKay may wanna come check this one out for himself. | 我觉得McKay博士应该亲自来看看 |
[01:45] | Why? | 为什么? |
[01:47] | Take a look. | 看吧 |
[03:05] | How the hell did your face get on that flag? | 你的画像是怎么出现在那面旗子上的? |
[03:08] | Uh, I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[03:10] | Here’s the thing, though: | 不过有一点 |
[03:12] | that flag’s very similar to the one I designed in our game. | 那面旗子跟我在游戏中设计的非常相像 |
[03:14] | It’s *exactly* like the one you designed in our game. | 跟你在游戏中设计的一模一样 |
[03:16] | What game? | 什么游戏? |
[03:17] | The game Rodney and I have been playing. | 我和Rodney一起玩的那个游戏 |
[03:19] | We didn’t tell you about the game? | 我们没跟你说过那个游戏? |
[03:20] | We’ve been playing for a while now. | 已经玩了好长时间了 |
[03:21] | Yeah, off and on in our spare time, you know – | 当然 是在我们的休息时间 |
[03:23] | at night, between missions, uh … | 比如晚上 任务的间隙 |
[03:25] | I could have sworn we told you about it? | 我们肯定跟你提到过的 |
[03:26] | *What* game? | 什么游戏? |
[03:29] | Well, it started a while ago … | 好吧 这还要从很久以前说起 |
[03:30] | a few months after we arrived here. | 我们到这里来后的几个月 |
[03:31] | We were exploring the city, | 当时我们正在探索这个城市 |
[03:33] | checking out some labs on the east pier | 检查东部区块的实验室 |
[03:34] | when we discovered a room. | 就在那时发现了一个房间 |
[03:36] | There were several Ancient consoles and screens – | 里面有一些古人的控制台和屏幕 |
[03:38] | it was quite an impressive layout. | 非常先进的布局 |
[03:40] | As usual, everything sprang to life as soon as we entered. | 跟往常一样 我们进去之后 所有设备都被激活了 |
[03:49] | At first we thought it was some kind of a geological facility … | 开始我们还以为是某种地质实验室 |
[03:51] | There was a screen with a map | 有个屏幕显示着一张地图 |
[03:53] | that we assumed was of the Lantean mainland. | 我们以为那是Lantean大陆 |
[03:55] | Yes, I remember you briefing me about that. | 是的 我记得你向我报告过 |
[03:57] | Right! There you go! We *did* tell you! | 对!想起来了?我们提过的吧! |
[03:59] | You mentioned nothing about a game, though. | 可你们没有提到什么游戏 |
[04:00] | Because at first we didn’t know what it was … | 因为开始我们也以为不是 |
[04:02] | then Rodney studied it more closely. | 直到后来Rodney仔细研究了一下 |
[04:03] | He realised it wasn’t a geological lab at all. | 才发现那根本就不是什么地质实验室 |
[04:06] | No, it turns out it was, in fact, a kind of, uh, Ancient game room. | 实际上 是古人的游戏室 |
[04:10] | The map was of a fictional civilisation as part of a simulated world. | 那张地图展示了一个虚构的文明 模拟世界的一部分 |
[04:14] | Sweet! | 真棒 |
[04:15] | Yeah, what you do is, you’d take these countries that are already in the database | 你要做的就是 从数据库中选择一个国家 |
[04:19] | and you’d assume control of them. | 然后开始控制它们 |
[04:20] | Two societies separated by a river straight down the middle. | 两个社会 中间由一条大河隔开 |
[04:23] | Sheppard took one country; I took the other. | Sheppard控制一个国家 我控制另外那个 |
[04:25] | First thing Rodney did was started by renaming his country | Rodney做的第一件事 就是重新给那个国家命名 |
[04:27] | and putting his face all over the flag. | 以及在旗帜上印上他的画像 |
[04:32] | I think you need to check this planet out. | 你们该去检查下那个星球 |
[04:46] | So the Ancestors created this game? | 这么说 是古人创建了这个游戏? |
[04:49] | Yes, but this is no ordinary game. | 是的 可这不是平常的游戏 |
[04:51] | I mean, it is incredibly challenging, instructional … | 当中充满了难以想像的 挑战性和指导性 |
[04:54] | I mean, the sheer number of options built into it? Staggering. | 有很多完全不同的选项 让人难以抉择 |
[04:56] | How does one play it? | 这个游戏怎么玩呢? |
[04:58] | You have to figure out the best way to run your country. | 你要想办法尽量管好自己的国家 |
[05:00] | Yeah, you build roads, | 是啊 可以按照自己的想像 |
[05:01] | you establish laws moulded | 修建道路 |
[05:03] | to your own specific ideology … | 制定法律 |
[05:06] | You can control everything: | 你可以控制一切 |
[05:07] | proper sanitation systems with water delivery … | 带污水处理的环卫系统… |
[05:09] | … transportation … | 交通系统… |
[05:11] | I mean, *every* detail can be manipulated – | 所有细节都可以控制 |
[05:13] | I mean, right down to the women’s hairstyles. | 甚至包括女人的发型 |
[05:20] | (Samantha Carter’s hairstyle) | (Samantha Carter的发型) |
[05:22] | Hello there! | 你好! |
[05:23] | So how do you win this game? | 那怎样在游戏中取胜呢? |
[05:25] | It’s not really about winning. | 关键不在于取胜 |
[05:26] | It’s more about whose society outshines the other’s. | 关键是如何让你的社会 比对手发展得更出色 |
[05:30] | I mean, who creates a better infrastructure, who’s better at trade. | 谁的基础设施建得好 谁就可以在贸易中获利更多 |
[05:35] | What? | 怎么了? |
[05:36] | Hey, don’t start. I tried to negotiate with you. | 别这样 我当时想要跟你谈判的 |
[05:38] | Making a list of demands | 提出一系列要求 |
[05:40] | and not giving anything in return is not negotiating. | 却不想做出什么回报 这不叫谈判 |
[05:42] | I offered you an entire crop of beans. | 我把收获的豆子都给了你 |
[05:45] | I don’t *need* beans. I need lumber. | 可我不需要豆子 我要的是木头 |
[05:46] | Oh, right – | 是啊 |
[05:47] | to build defensive fortifications for your army, | 这样你的军队就可以建造防御工事了 |
[05:49] | which he doubled in size, by the way. | 顺便说一下 你的军队扩张了一倍 |
[05:51] | Surprise, surprise. | 太出人意料了 |
[05:52] | I only did that after you started cheating. | 我是在你作弊之后才开始的 |
[05:54] | I did *not* cheat. | 我没有作弊 |
[05:55] | He’s giving his people *way* too much technology for their level of development. | 他教了他的人民很多科技 远远超出了当时的发展水平 |
[05:59] | I’m not the only one increasing my army, by the way. | 另外 你的军队也扩张了 |
[06:01] | I had to do something to protect the people of Geldar from you. | 我必须采取措施保护Geldar的人民 |
[06:05] | Geldar? Geldar? | |
[06:05] | The name of Rodney’s country. | Rodney那个国家的名字 |
[06:07] | He named it after a girl he stalked in college. | 曾经是他大学中暗恋的一个女孩的名字 |
[06:10] | I did *not* stalk her. | 不是暗恋她 |
[06:11] | We dated twice. | 我们见了两次面 |
[06:13] | Teresa Geldar Teresa Geldar – a very cute blonde. | 一个非常可爱的金发女孩 |
[06:15] | I always used to think her name reminded me of some kind of a mythological land. | 在看到某种神话中的大陆时 我总是会想起她的名字 |
[06:19] | The Kingdom of Geldar. | Geldar王国 |
[06:22] | What did you call *your* country? | 你的国家叫什么? |
[06:24] | Well, I just kept the name it already had. | 我用的是它本来的名字 |
[06:31] | Well, there are the satellites. | 这就是那些卫星 |
[06:33] | Dozens of them. | 几十个 |
[06:34] | Positioned directly above the continent. | 布置在大陆的上方 |
[06:36] | A perfect grid – ten by ten. | 完美的阵列 10乘以10 |
[06:38] | Should have a visual on one of them. | 马上就可以看到其中的一个 |
[06:50] | Definitely looks Ancient. | 看起来很像古人造的 |
[06:51] | Huh. And active. | 而且正在工作 |
[06:54] | It’s transmitting a tremendous amount of data. | 正在传输大量数据 |
[06:57] | Alright – let’s check it out. | 好吧 我们去看看吧 |
[07:24] | This is amazing! | 太令人惊异了! |
[07:26] | If you say so. | 正如你所说的 |
[07:34] | Oh yeah! Oh yeah! | |
[07:36] | *That’s* something you see in a medieval village! | 在中世纪的村庄竟然可以看到这个 |
[07:39] | Yes, well, | 好吧 |
[07:40] | the Renaissance obviously came early to these folks. | 对这些人来说 文艺复兴时期提前到来了 |
[07:42] | A couple of hundred years early? | 早了几百年? |
[07:50] | Um, Rodney? | 呃 Rodney? |
[08:14] | Say something. | 说些什么 |
[08:16] | Like what? | 比如? |
[08:17] | *I* don’t know! | 我不知道! |
[08:18] | Hello. | 你好 |
[08:21] | I am Nola. | 我叫Nola |
[08:23] | Yes, well, uh, | 好啊 |
[08:24] | this is Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard, Teyla Emmagan, Ronon Dex, and I’m | 这位是John Sheppard中校 Teyla Emmagan、Ronon Dex以及我 |
[08:29] | McKay McKay. | |
[08:30] | Doctor Rodney McKay. | Rodney McKay博士 |
[08:40] | The resemblance is uncanny. | 真是出奇的相似 |
[08:47] | You *are* the Oracle. | 你就是先知 |
[08:50] | The Oracle? | 先知? |
[09:02] | Welcome to Geldar. | 欢迎来到Geldar |
[09:11] | Please forgive my nervousness. | 请原谅 |
[09:14] | I never thought you’d appear to us in the flesh. | 从没想过你会亲自出现在我面前 |
[09:16] | Why do you refer to him as the Oracle? | 你为什么叫他先知? |
[09:20] | The Oracle is a wise and omnipotent deity. | 先知是睿智并且无所不能的神 |
[09:23] | Boy, she’s in for a rude awakening. | 天哪 看来她的梦想破灭了 |
[09:25] | Thousands of years ago he gave our ancestors life. | 数千年前 他赋予我们祖先生命 |
[09:28] | He instructed them how to build their society, | 教会他们如何组建社会 |
[09:30] | how to live their lives. His guidance was revered by all. | 如何生存 我们都非常崇敬他的指导 |
[09:33] | Then one day without warning, | 可有一天在没有任何预告的情况下 |
[09:35] | the Oracle ceased all communications. | 先知停止了所有的通讯 |
[09:37] | War with the Wraith. | 跟幽灵的战争 |
[09:38] | Our people were puzzled by this | 我的人民非常困惑 |
[09:39] | but they continued to adhere to his instructions, | 可他们继续遵循他的指示 |
[09:42] | living their lives according to his teachings | 利用他所传授的知识继续生活 |
[09:44] | which they passed down from generation to generation. | 并将那些知识一代一代传授下来 |
[09:47] | Have you not had any trouble with the Wraith? | 幽灵有没有来找过你们麻烦? |
[09:51] | Yes. | 有 |
[09:52] | They’ve come periodically – | 他们会定期来到这里 |
[09:54] | culled our people, destroyed our villages. | 取食我们的人民 摧毁我们的村庄 |
[09:56] | Those who survived rebuilt, | 幸存者会重建家园 |
[09:58] | but only to the level at which the Oracle had instructed before he left. | 可只能达到先知离开前 所传授给我们的水平 |
[10:01] | We found ourselves stalled in our development, | 我们发现 自己的发展停滞了 |
[10:03] | unwilling to push forward without the Oracle’s guidance, | 在缺乏先知指示的情况下 不愿意继续前进了 |
[10:06] | hoping one day he would return to us. | 希望有一天他会回到我们中间来 |
[10:09] | And two years ago, he did. | 两年前 他真的回来了 |
[10:11] | The Oracle resumed communicating with us, teaching us many new things. | 先知恢复了同我们的通讯 传授了我们很多东西 |
[10:15] | He challenged us to think – | 他甚至让我们 |
[10:16] | to push the limit of our scientific endeavours. | 将科学探索的努力推向极限 |
[10:18] | He changed the name of our country | 他更改了我们国家的名字 |
[10:20] | and even revealed his likeness to us. | 甚至向我们展示了他的长相 |
[10:21] | Enough with the pictures! | 受够了那些画像! |
[10:26] | And you communicate through that. | 你们就是用那个来通讯的吧 |
[10:29] | The portal, yes. | Portal 是的 |
[10:34] | It’s through this that we receive our instructions. | 我们就是通过它收到指示 |
[10:37] | And the Oracle knows when you have carried them out? | 你们实施的时候先知也可以知道? |
[10:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:40] | It’s the satellites. | 是那些卫星 |
[10:41] | They must be tracking everything that’s going on | 它们可以探测发生的一切 |
[10:43] | and then relaying it via subspace back to Atlantis. | 然后通过次空间转发给Atlantis |
[10:45] | It’s remarkable. | 太厉害了 |
[10:46] | So, not a game after all. | 这么说 根本就没有什么游戏 |
[10:48] | No, it’s obviously some kind of Ancient experiment – | 是的 显然这是古人的某种实验 |
[10:51] | social development | 社会发展实验 |
[10:52] | try out different ways to create civilisations. | 尝试采用不同的方式来建立文明 |
[10:56] | This country here. | 这边的这个国家 |
[10:58] | Hallona Hallona. | |
[11:00] | A persistent thorn in our side. | 是我们的死对头 |
[11:04] | Now that you’ve come to us, you can help us remove it. | 现在你来了 应该可以帮我们除掉它 |
[11:14] | So this is it? | 就这? |
[11:16] | Yes, yes. It is an *amazing* piece of technology. | 是的 这是一种非常先进的科技 |
[11:19] | It appears to be a sociological experiment designed by the Ancients | 是古人设计用来开展社会学实验的 |
[11:23] | to help them as they were seeding various civilisations throughout Pegasus. | 来帮助他们在飞马星系中 播种不同的文明 |
[11:26] | I’ve had a chance to look at it further and it’s interesting: | 我深入研究了一下 值得注意的是 |
[11:29] | there are many more civilisations in the game’s database. | 在游戏的数据库中 还有很多个文明 |
[11:32] | Really? | 真的? |
[11:33] | I thought Rodney said there were only two. | Rodney不是说只有两个么? |
[11:35] | That’s what *he* thought. | 那是他的想法 |
[11:36] | The actual countries that he and Colonel Sheppard are controlling | 他和Sheppard中校所控制的两个国家 |
[11:40] | are on this specific planet | 是在这个星球上 |
[11:41] | but I’ve been able to access the codes | 可我通过访问游戏代码 |
[11:43] | to unlock additional levels to the game … | 解锁了游戏的其它等级 |
[11:46] | I mean, to the experiment. | 我发现 在这个实验中 |
[11:49] | I discovered countries on planets throughout the galaxy. | 遍布于这个星系的多颗星球上 存在着很多个国家 |
[11:54] | Some have been idle for the past ten thousand years – | 有一些在过去一万年间 一直处于停滞状态 |
[11:56] | I guess awaiting instructions from the Ancients – | 我想是在等待古人的进一步指示 |
[11:58] | but some have managed to develop on their own | 可有一些却依靠自己的力量 取得了发展 |
[12:00] | even flourish. | 甚至实现了繁荣 |
[12:03] | Some have been destroyed by war | 有一些被战火摧毁 |
[12:05] | and others have been completely wiped out. | 其它的则被彻底清除掉了 |
[12:09] | Not that Rodney’s and Colonel Sheppard’s societies are on this path. | Rodney和Sheppard中校的国家 不是在朝这个方向发展 |
[12:17] | So much power at one’s fingertips. | 想不到指尖下 竟能产生如此大的力量 |
[12:22] | It’s amazing the attraction of this … game. | 这就是这个游戏吸引人的地方 |
[12:32] | We’ve managed to achieve propulsion through hand-powered propellers, | 我们已经成功地研制出了手动推进器 |
[12:35] | but now we’re undertaking tests of steam-powered propulsion. | 现在我们正在测试蒸汽推进器 |
[12:38] | Only this morning I completed a test that proved quite promising. | 直到今天早上 我才证明这个方案 的确是可行的 |
[12:42] | Really? That’s great. | 真的么?很好啊 |
[12:45] | You’re pleased? | 你很高兴? |
[12:46] | Yes | 是的 |
[12:47] | yes. I mean, this is quite an achievement. | 这是个了不起的成就 |
[12:55] | What’s he doing here? | 他来这里做什么? |
[12:58] | It wasn’t my idea. | 不是我要来的 |
[13:00] | Doctor Rodney McKay, | Rodney McKay博士 |
[13:02] | meet Baden. | 见一下Baden |
[13:04] | Oh. | 噢 |
[13:05] | *Your* guy. | 你的人 |
[13:06] | *My* guy. | 我的人 |
[13:08] | Yeah, it figures. | 四肢发达的家伙 |
[13:09] | I should have you arrested for trespassing. | 我要以非法入境罪逮捕你 |
[13:12] | Go ahead and try. | 放手过来吧 |
[13:13] | Easy now. | 不要激动 |
[13:14] | I brought him here because we need to have a little discussion. | 我带他过来是因为 我们需要进行一次讨论 |
[13:18] | I have nothing to say to him. | 对他我没有什么好说的 |
[13:20] | Fine with me. | 我也是 |
[13:21] | Yeah, maybe not … | 也许不是… |
[13:23] | … but we definitely have something to say to *you*. | 我们对你可有话要说 |
[13:28] | So his story’s pretty much the same as Nola’s. | 这么说他的故事跟Nola的非常类似 |
[13:31] | His ancestors received instructions from their Oracle | 他们的祖先 也是从先知那里获取指示 |
[13:35] | who disappeared for thousands of years, | 那个先知也是消失了几千年 |
[13:37] | only to suddenly resume communicating a few years ago. | 然后几年前突然恢复了联系 |
[13:41] | Let me guess: he told you to double the size of your army. | 让我猜猜:他让你将军队规模 扩大一倍 |
[13:43] | Yes, he has a capable army. | 是的 他是有一支能干的军队 |
[13:45] | And some nice villages. | 另外还有善良的村民 |
[13:47] | No people riding *bicycles* or hot air balloons, | 没有人骑自行车或者什么热气球 |
[13:50] | because *we* weren’t cheating. | 因为我们没有作弊 |
[13:51] | I didn’t cheat! | 我没有作弊! |
[13:53] | Have you come to agree to our trade proposals? | 你来是不是准备答应我们的 贸易协议? |
[13:55] | You mean demands? | 你指的是要求吧? |
[13:57] | Never. | 不可能 |
[14:00] | Then I refuse to sit at the same table … | 那我觉得没有什么好谈的了… |
[14:02] | Look, please, just – just sit. | 听我说 坐下 先坐下 |
[14:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:10] | This hostility between you – | 你们相互为敌… |
[14:13] | have your people lived like this for thousands of years? | 难道你们的人民就这样生活了几千年? |
[14:16] | No. | 不是 |
[14:18] | There was once peace between our lands. | 我们之间以前是和平的 |
[14:22] | Oh no. | 噢 不 |
[14:23] | So this hostility – um, | 这么说相互为敌是… |
[14:26] | did it start a few years ago? | 几年前才开始的? |
[14:29] | Yes | 是的 |
[14:30] | shortly after the Oracle resumed communicating with us. | 在先知恢复同我们的联系之后不久 |
[14:41] | So what, they’re starving? | 这么说 他们会饿死么? |
[14:43] | Well, not as of yet, | 目前还不会 |
[14:45] | but if they don’t change their approach to agriculture, | 可如果他们不改变农业结构 |
[14:46] | it won’t be too long before many of their people go hungry. | 用不了多久就会有很多人要挨饿了 |
[14:49] | The frustrating thing is that | 糟糕的是 |
[14:50] | there is a large piece of fertile soil in the south of the country | 在这个国家的南部 有很大一块肥沃的土地 |
[14:54] | that would be ideal for tuber cultivation, you know? | 用来进行种植Tuber再合适不过了 |
[14:58] | Sorry, tuber? | 什么 Tuber? |
[14:59] | Tuber, yeah, tuber. It is indigenous to the planet. | 是的 Tuber 一种土生土长的植物 |
[15:02] | It’s a … it’s like a potato. | 有点像土豆 |
[15:06] | So why didn’t you say potato? | 那为什么不直接称为土豆呢? |
[15:08] | Because it’s *not* a potato. | 因为它不是土豆 |
[15:10] | it’s – it’s larger. | 比土豆要大 |
[15:12] | It has the same texture and nutrients as a potato but | 外观和营养成分很像土豆 |
[15:15] | it’s a … … like a cantaloupe. | 可看起来更像…香瓜 |
[15:19] | That’s a pretty big potato. | 这种土豆可真大啊 |
[15:21] | Yeah, it *is* a big potato. | 是啊 大土豆 |
[15:23] | So if they plant this thing there, it’ll grow? | 这么说把它种在那里 就可以长了? |
[15:25] | Yeah, oh yes, whole fields of it. | 是的 所有田里都种上 |
[15:27] | I mean, they could sustain an entire village – | 这样可以保证这个村庄的粮食供应 |
[15:30] | but they’re oblivious to it. | 可他们却不知道这样去做 |
[15:33] | Tell ’em. | 去告诉他们 |
[15:34] | Anonymously. | 匿名的 |
[15:36] | Oh, c’mon, Doc, | 噢 拜托 博士 |
[15:37] | you can either stand here and let the people die, or you can | 你要么站在这里 看着那些人饿死 |
[15:41] | help ’em out. | 要么去帮他们渡过难关 |
[15:43] | Sounds like a no-brainer to me. | 在我来看 不像是一个有头脑的人 |
[15:49] | As soon as we input the instructions into our console | 只要我们在我们那边的控制台 输入指令 |
[15:52] | they are relayed back to this device by a number of satellites in orbit over your planet. | 它们就会被位于你们星球轨道上的卫星 传送到这个设备上 |
[15:56] | Once you’ve carried out the instructions | 一旦你们完成了指令 |
[15:58] | the satellites transmit their real-time results back to us on our homeworld. | 那些卫星就会把相关结果 实时传送回我们的星球 |
[16:05] | So you’re saying this is a game? | 你是说 这只是一个游戏? |
[16:09] | no, no … I mean, we *thought* it was a game, but, uh … | 不 不… 我是说 我们曾经认为这是一个游戏 可是… |
[16:13] | We didn’t know there were real people on the other end. | 我们不知道在另外一边 是真真正正的人 |
[16:18] | *You* are the Oracle? | 你就是那个先知? |
[16:20] | I’m *your* Oracle, yes. | 是的 我就是你们的先知 |
[16:23] | That doesn’t sound right. | 听上去总感觉不对劲 |
[16:24] | I know this is difficult to absorb, but it is all true. | 我知道 你们很难接受 不过这些都是事实 |
[16:28] | You flew in the Puddle Jumper. | 你搭乘过Puddle Jumper |
[16:29] | You know they have the technology. | 了解他们拥有的科技 |
[16:31] | I’m not listening to this. | 我不想听这些 |
[16:32] | Just hold on here a sec. We can prove it to you. | 等一下 我们可以证明给你看 |
[16:35] | How? | 怎么证明? |
[16:37] | Let’s go for a ride. | 我用飞船送你们去 |
[16:55] | Baden, Nola, this is Doctor Weir, | Baden,Nola,这位是Weir博士 |
[16:57] | leader of our expedition. | 我们探险队的队长 |
[16:59] | Welcome to Atlantis. | 欢迎来到Atlantis |
[17:01] | If these two gentlemen haven’t done so already, | 如果这两位先生还没有道歉的话 |
[17:03] | let me please offer you our sincerest apologies | 请允许我向你们致以诚挚的歉意 |
[17:06] | for this intrusion into your lives. | 很抱歉他们操控了你们的生活 |
[17:08] | Intrusion? | 操控? |
[17:09] | An imposition, maybe, and a benevolent one at that. | 怎么说也只算是要求吧 而且还是善意的 |
[17:12] | I mean, if you could have seen the villages now | 如果你去看看那些村子 |
[17:14] | – compared to the way they were when we started … – Rodney. | ﹣比较一下我们开始时的状况 |
[17:17] | Now, why don’t you take them to your game room | 为什么不带他们去你们的游戏室呢 |
[17:20] | show them what you two have been up to? | 给他们看看你们都做过什么 |
[17:22] | Right. | 好吧 |
[17:24] | Shall we? | 可以么? |
[17:31] | So, this is Geldar and this is Hallona. | 这个是Geldar 而这个就是Hallona |
[17:35] | Look, two weeks ago I instructed you | 两个星期前 我指示你们 |
[17:37] | to start digging a well for the new settlement on the eastern slope | 为东部坡地的居民点挖一口井 |
[17:40] | and on here … | 看这里… |
[17:42] | There. See? | 这里 瞧 |
[17:45] | (60 ft ; Completed: 74% ; Water Table: 46 ; Aquifer Sedimentary G4.) | (目标深度:60英尺 完成度:74% 地下水位:46英尺) |
[17:48] | Construction’s already begun. | 工程已经开始了 |
[17:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:53] | I gave the order myself. | 我亲自下的命令 |
[17:58] | Our lives are just a game. | 我们的生活只是一场游戏 |
[17:59] | Well, now, no. | 不 |
[18:01] | They’re not games to you and | 对你们来说 这不是游戏 |
[18:04] | in our defence, | 对我们而言 |
[18:05] | we were trying to improve your lives. | 我们只是在帮你们改善生活 |
[18:07] | It’s like he said: everything we did, every instruction we gave | 他说得对 我们所做的一切 我们所给出的每条指令 |
[18:10] | was to better conditions for your people. | 都是为了改善你们的生活 |
[18:12] | And if that meant cheating … | 如果那也意味著作弊的话… |
[18:13] | OK, you know, *enough* with that already! | OK 够了! |
[18:21] | Is the room OK? | 房间还可以吧? |
[18:22] | It’s fine | 很好 |
[18:24] | Well, then, if you need anything at all | 如果你需要什么 |
[18:26] | don’t hesitate to ask, OK? | 尽管开口 OK? |
[18:30] | You hungry? | 饿了么? |
[18:30] | ‘Cause we could walk across to the Mess Hall. | 我们可以到食堂去 |
[18:32] | They’ve got, um, I think it’s, uh, Salisbury steak today. | 他们今天有索尔斯伯利牛肉饼 |
[18:36] | It’s very good. They have a gravy that they put on the … | 非常好吃 饼子上面… |
[18:39] | steak part and, uh … | 还有肉汁 |
[18:41] | The Oracle was a god to us. | 对我们而言 先知就是上帝 |
[18:45] | I believed in his teachings, | 我非常相信他的教导 |
[18:48] | so much so that my people elected me leader | 也正是这样人民选举我为领导人 |
[18:51] | because of my passion for scientific advancement. | 因为我对科学进步具有极大的热情 |
[18:54] | they obviously made the right choice. | 很显然 他们的选择是对的 |
[18:56] | Now I must resolve myself to the fact | 可现在我必须面对的现实就是 |
[19:00] | that the Oracle is only a man. | 先知只是一个普普通通的人 |
[19:03] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:05] | Sorry about that. | 很遗憾 |
[19:08] | It’s like I said, though – | 正如我所说的 虽然这样… |
[19:09] | I did what I did with the best of intentions. | 我所做的一切 意图是好的 |
[19:11] | To win a game. | 为了在这场游戏中取胜? |
[19:13] | No. No, no. | 不 不不 |
[19:14] | It is not about winning or losing. | 这不是取胜还是失败的事情 |
[19:18] | Look, the information I gave you and your people is very real | 我向你和你的人民所传达的信息 都是真实的 |
[19:20] | very useful. | 非常有用 |
[19:22] | I’ve set you on a course | 我正将你们引往一条 |
[19:23] | that will allow you to develop into a modern society. | 向现代社会发展的道路上 |
[19:27] | I mean, what were you two years ago? | 想想看 你们两年前还是什么状况? |
[19:28] | You were a primitive, disparate cluster of villages stalled in development. | 只是一群原始 散居的村落 发展完全停滞了 |
[19:32] | Now you’re making dirigibles. | 可现在你们都有飞艇了 |
[19:34] | Do you have any idea how momentous that is? | 你有没有意识到这是多么大的进步? |
[19:39] | The Oracle once said, | 限制曾经说过 |
[19:41] | “Ask not what Geldar can do for you, | 不要问Geldar能为你做什么 |
[19:44] | but what you can do for Geldar.” | 先问问你能为Geldar做什么 |
[19:46] | Those were your words. | 这些都是你的话 |
[19:48] | Um, give or take. | 差不多吧 |
[19:51] | They are very wise. | 他们都非常聪明 |
[19:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:55] | Yes, they are. | 他们是 |
[19:58] | Well, now that you know the truth, | 现在 你知道了事情真相 |
[20:00] | you can go back to living your own lives. | 可以回去过你们自己的生活 |
[20:02] | We won’t bother you any more. | 我们不会再打扰了 |
[20:04] | No. | 不 |
[20:06] | You must still help us. | 你应该继续帮助我们 |
[20:08] | You don’t need our help. You’ll be fine. | 你们不需要帮助 |
[20:10] | We need more weapons. | 我们需要更多武器 |
[20:13] | The flying machine you brought us here in | 那个你带来的飞行机器 |
[20:16] | you called it a Puddle Jumper. | 就是你们称作的Puddle Jumper |
[20:18] | Our army could use it. | 我的军队可以用上它 |
[20:20] | No. | 不行 |
[20:21] | Can’t do that. | 不能这么做 |
[20:23] | But you encouraged me to increase the military. | 可你鼓励我扩充军队 |
[20:26] | In response to McKay | 这是为了应对McKay |
[20:28] | the other Oracle | 另外那个先知 |
[20:29] | doing things that I thought were, uh … | 我们当时所做的事情… |
[20:31] | aggressive? | 富有侵略性? |
[20:33] | Arrogant? | 傲慢自大? |
[20:35] | Demeaning to me and my people? | 无视我和我的人民? |
[20:37] | I will give you arrogant and demeaning, but … | 我同意你说的傲慢和无视 可是… |
[20:40] | The people of Geldar have started digging a mine beneath our borders | Geldar人已经开始在我们国界内 挖掘矿产了 |
[20:44] | to exploit coal resources on our land. | 窃取我们国家的煤矿资源 |
[20:48] | Really? | 真的? |
[20:50] | It was only confirmed yesterday. | 昨天已经确认了 |
[20:52] | This after several diplomatic attempts to reach a compromise. | 在此之前 已经多次进行外交协商了 |
[20:55] | Yeah, we couldn’t come to an agreement but | 是的 我们达不成共识 |
[20:58] | I didn’t think he would start digging. | 不过他也不能擅自开挖 |
[21:01] | I’m curious to know what response you would have to such an incursion. | 我很想知道 别人这样入侵的时候 你会进行怎样的反应 |
[21:06] | I believe your next command would be to launch an attack on the mine, | 我想你下一条指令就是 进攻那个煤矿 |
[21:11] | prevent them from digging further. | 防止他们进一步挖下去 |
[21:16] | I’m right, aren’t I? | 我说得没错 是不是? |
[21:22] | Did they believe you? | 他们相信你了? |
[21:23] | Yes. They are fully aware of the situation. | 是的 他们完全清楚了目前的状况 |
[21:25] | Not too thrilled, obviously. | 当然 没有太害怕 |
[21:26] | We’ve got a big problem, though. | 我们有大麻烦了 |
[21:28] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[21:29] | Game or no game, the fact remains we’ve started something | 不管是不是游戏 事实是 我们已经发起了一些事情 |
[21:32] | these people don’t seem to wanna stop. | 而这些人却不想就此住手 |
[21:33] | They hate each other and may be headed for a very real war. | 他们相互仇视 也许会引发一场真正的战争 |
[21:39] | Great | 好啊 |
[21:41] | Great | 好啊 |
[21:42] | and this is thanks to your “benevolent imposition”? | 这个还要归功于你那”善意的要求” |
[21:52] | I’ve asked you both here this morning | 今天早上叫你们二位过来 |
[21:54] | so we can have a face to face talk. | 是为了面对面好好谈一下 |
[21:56] | Now, hopefully, I can help you reach an understanding. | 希望我能帮你们达成共识 |
[22:00] | Where’s Doctor McKay? | McKay博士在哪儿? |
[22:01] | Well, I’ve asked that neither he nor Colonel Sheppard participate in this. | 我已经做出决定 McKay和Sheppard都不能参与进来 |
[22:05] | I think they’ve already done enough in fostering the current tension between you. | 正是他们造成了 你们今天的紧张局势 |
[22:09] | Now, I have had some experience brokering peace treaties. | 我在撮合和平谈判方面还有些经验 |
[22:13] | I’m sure we can find some common ground. | 相信我们大家可以达成一些共同立场 |
[22:20] | OK OK. | |
[22:21] | Why don’t we start by going back a few years, | 我们为什么不从几年前开始 |
[22:24] | to the time when your two peoples lived in peace? | 那个时候你们还在和平相处 |
[22:28] | We were naive back then – | 我们那个时候还很幼稚 |
[22:30] | ignorant to our potential. | 根本不了解自身的潜力 |
[22:33] | Once we began to challenge ourselves intellectually, | 直到我们在认知领域取得突破 |
[22:37] | we began to see | 才开始认识到 |
[22:37] | how the people of Hallona had been abusing | 数千年来我们对Hallona人所示的友好 |
[22:40] | thousands of years of kindness from us. | 完全是用错了地方 |
[22:41] | I’ve done everything I could to achieve peace with you. | 为了向你们表示友好 我已经做了能做的一切了 |
[22:45] | Really?! | 真的么? |
[22:46] | Such as? | 比如? |
[22:47] | I sent gifts of goodwill. | 我赠送了礼物 表示良好的祝愿 |
[22:49] | You sent crates of citrus fruit! | 你只是送了几箱桔子 |
[22:52] | Citrus! | 桔子 |
[22:53] | Do you have any idea what an insult that is to my people?! | 知不知道这对我的人民来说 是多大的侮辱? |
[22:56] | It didn’t used to be. | 过去不是的 |
[22:57] | OK, see, I think I know where that comes from. | 好的 我知道这源自哪里 |
[23:00] | Did M… the Oracle | 那个先知 |
[23:03] | tell you that citrus fruit was bad? | 有没有告诉你桔子很不好? |
[23:06] | He made us aware of its toxic properties, yes. | 他说过它们有毒 (McKay对桔子过敏) |
[23:08] | Everything is toxic to you! | 对你们来说 什么东西都有毒! |
[23:11] | If they’re not busy insulting us, | 即便他们不攻击我们 |
[23:13] | they’re complaining about contaminated food | 也会抱怨食物受到了污染 |
[23:15] | improper hygiene. | 卫生不好 |
[23:17] | Even the sunlight is dangerous to them! | 甚至是阳光都是有害的! |
[23:19] | The only insult has been your unwillingness to compromise | 唯一的攻击就是你们不肯 |
[23:23] | in any trade negotiation. | 在任何贸易谈判中妥协 |
[23:24] | Instead, you choose to increase the size of your army. | 相反 你们还扩大了军队的规模 |
[23:27] | You built an army too! | 你也组建了军队! |
[23:29] | Only in response to your aggression. | 这只是为了防止你的侵略! |
[23:31] | My aggression? | 我的侵略? |
[23:33] | You dig a mine beneath our border | 你在我的国境线内挖矿 |
[23:35] | to steal our coal and you have the nerve to talk about aggression! | 窃取我们的煤炭资源 现在却在那里毫不羞耻的对我谈侵略 |
[23:38] | – We’re not stealing your coal. – You crossed into our land! | ﹣我们没有偷你的煤矿 ﹣你们已经挖到我们境内了 |
[23:41] | What do you need it for anyway? | 你要它做什么用? |
[23:42] | It’s not like you know the first thing about what to do with it. | 你们拿到手里也不知道 可以用来做什么 |
[23:45] | You see how she insults us? | 你瞧 她是怎样侮辱我们的 |
[23:47] | By stating a fact. | 我说的是事实 |
[23:48] | Please | 求你们了 |
[23:49] | If we can discuss this reasonably, | 我们可以理智的来谈论这件事情 |
[23:52] | I am sure we can come to some sort of … | 一定可以达成某种… |
[23:53] | We’ve tried. | 我们试过了 |
[23:55] | They agree to nothing. | 他们什么也不同意 |
[23:58] | And until Doctor McKay is brought into this discussion, | 除非让McKay博士参与这次讨论 |
[24:00] | I have nothing further to say. | 我也没有什么好说的了 |
[24:17] | That went well. | 那好吧 |
[24:18] | Talk to them. | 跟他们谈谈 |
[24:19] | Get them back to the table and hammer out a truce. | 让他们回到谈判桌前 达成停战协定 |
[24:22] | I have run into a roadblock. | 我碰到障碍了 |
[24:24] | Really? Nola seemed very agreeable. | 是么?Nola看上去很好说话 |
[24:25] | To *you*. | 对你来说 |
[24:26] | Yeah, well, more agreeable than Richard the Lionheart. | 是啊 比狮心王理查德更好说话 |
[24:29] | They are *both* refusing to compromise. | 他们两个都拒绝妥协 |
[24:31] | You seem to have convinced them that | 看起来你们已经说服他们了 |
[24:33] | they can’t make any decisions without your guidance. | 没有你们的指导 他们不会做出任何决定 |
[24:35] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[24:36] | Tell them that. | 跟他们说清楚 |
[24:39] | This is delicious! | 真好吃 |
[24:41] | Listen, you need to make peace with the people of Hallona. | 听着 你要跟Hallona人和好 |
[24:43] | If tensions keep rising like this, it could lead to war. | 如果紧张局势继续发展下去 就会引发战争 |
[24:47] | I’m aware of that. | 我知道 |
[24:48] | Well, then, you’re also aware that people will get hurt. | 那你也应该清楚 这样就会有人受伤 |
[24:51] | I know the danger to my people. | 我知道对我人民的危险性 |
[24:53] | I also know you’ve taught us things | 我还知道你教给我们的东西 |
[24:55] | Baden’s band of knuckle-draggers won’t learn for hundreds of years. | Baden那群四肢发达的士兵 几百年也别想学会 |
[24:59] | Under your leadership, | 在你的领导下 |
[25:00] | we hope to remain many steps ahead of any kind of aggression from them. | 不管他们采用何种方式入侵 我们仍然可以保持领先优势 |
[25:03] | Nola Nola | |
[25:04] | you and your people need to start thinking for yourselves. | 你和你的人民要学会为自己着想 |
[25:06] | Look, I’m not gonna be there for you any more. | 我不会再和你们一起了 |
[25:08] | You need to take control of your own lives, | 你们要掌控自己的命运 |
[25:10] | start making your own decisions about your future. | 要开始为自己的将来做出抉择 |
[25:12] | And there can be no future without peace. | 如果没有和平 就没有未来 |
[25:15] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[25:16] | Good. | 很好 |
[25:18] | And as soon as the people of Hallona either concede or get out of our way, | 只要Hallona人让步了 |
[25:22] | peace will be restored. | 我们就会恢复和平 |
[25:25] | What you told me before | 你以前是怎么说的 |
[25:27] | I do realise how monumental our progress has been, | 我很清楚我们现在所取得的进展 有多么巨大 |
[25:31] | and I refuse to let Baden destroy that. | 我不想让Baden毁掉这一切 |
[25:34] | “Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds.” | 伟大的精神永远会遭到 平庸心智的激烈反对 |
[25:39] | Those are the words of the Oracle. | 这是先知告诉我们的 |
[25:41] | *Your* words. | 你说的 |
[25:42] | Einstein’s, actually, but, um … | 实际上是爱因斯坦说的 不过… |
[25:44] | If we yield one bit to Hallona, | 如果我们向Hallona退让一小步 |
[25:47] | it will be equal to taking a giant step back in our development. | 那么我们的发展就会倒退一大步 |
[25:52] | I owe it to my people to make sure that does not happen. | 我已经想我的人民发过誓 绝对不能让这种事情发生 |
[26:01] | They’re digging further. | 他们挖得更远了 |
[26:03] | Every hour they intrude deeper into our land. | 每过去一个小时 就会更深入我们国土一步 |
[26:06] | To get them to stop, you have to provide an incentive. | 不给他们一点动机 他们是不会停止了 |
[26:09] | Like attacking the mine? | 你是说攻击矿井? |
[26:11] | That’ll cause a whole ‘nother set of problems. | 这样就会引起麻烦 |
[26:13] | The only problems will be with the people of Geldar. | 唯一的麻烦就是Geldar人 |
[26:16] | Not necessarily. They can fight back. | 没有必要 他们会反抗的 |
[26:19] | What are you saying – we should capitulate, | 你是什么意思 我们应该投降? |
[26:21] | let them do whatever they want? | 让他们为所欲为? |
[26:22] | No. You make a deal, trade | 不 你们已经达成了协议 进行交易 |
[26:25] | – say, you decide to share some of your weaponry | 你们可以提供一些武器 |
[26:27] | and they in turn give you some of their technology. | 而他们作为回报 可以提供一些技术 |
[26:30] | John? John? | |
[26:32] | Go ahead. | 请讲 |
[26:33] | How’s it going? | 怎样了? |
[26:35] | Well | 好吧 |
[26:36] | he’s being a little, uh … | 他有一点… |
[26:38] | stubborn? | 顽固? |
[26:39] | I was gonna use a different word. | 我本想用另外一个词 |
[26:45] | I’d like you to come to my office. We need to talk. | 到我办公室来一下 我们得谈谈 |
[26:49] | They’re not open to any kind of deal? | 他们没有达成其它什么协议? |
[26:51] | Not yet. | 没有 |
[26:52] | Maybe we should stick ’em in a room, force ’em to come to an agreement. | 也许我们可以把他们关在一个房间内 逼他们达成协议 |
[26:55] | Don’t worry about it. They’ll work it out. | 不用担心 他们会达成的 |
[26:57] | Look, we just happened to catch them at a particularly bad time. | 我们只是在一个很不恰当的时机 找到了他们两个 |
[27:00] | Sheppard’s guy’s been doing a lot of aggressive posturing of late. | Sheppard的那个人总是喜欢摆出一副 咄咄逼人的姿态 |
[27:03] | The only aggression is coming from the people of Gelding. | 那只是为了应对Gelding人的侵略行为 |
[27:06] | Geldar Geldar. | |
[27:06] | Whatever | 管它是什么 |
[27:08] | His people are digging a mine across the border into Hallona. | 他的人挖掘煤矿 已经挖到Hallona境内了 |
[27:14] | The coal resources straddle the border between my country and his. | 煤田正好压在 我们两个国家的分界线上 |
[27:18] | Barely! They go three *miles* into my country | 不可能 他们挖进我的国家3英里 |
[27:20] | which your people are happily tunnelling into. | 恐怕你的人是故意这样干的吧 |
[27:22] | It has been a point of contention between us, | 我们之间的确有分歧 |
[27:24] | OK, but it is just a difference in cartographic interpretation. | 可这也只是双方对地图的理解不同 |
[27:27] | Tomayto. Tomahto. | 就好比Tomayto和Tomahto |
[27:29] | No, no, it’s pretty clear cut. | 不 分界线非常清楚 |
[27:31] | *You* entered illegally into *my* country. | 你非法闯入了我的国家 |
[27:33] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[27:33] | You gave me no choice! You refused to negotiate! | 你让我别无选择!你拒绝谈判! |
[27:36] | You mean give in. | 你是说向你妥协? |
[27:37] | What do you care anyway? It’s not like your people were gonna use the coal! | 你有什么好担心的? 反正你的人也不知道怎么用煤炭! |
[27:39] | Oh, yeah, that’s right. | 噢 对 |
[27:40] | You need it to power your medieval steam engines. | 你需要它来开动蒸汽机 |
[27:42] | Stop it. | 住嘴 |
[27:44] | These are not your lands. | 它们不是你们的国家 |
[27:46] | This ‘game’ is over, | 这场”游戏”已经结束了 |
[27:48] | so you’d better set aside your differences | 你们最好抛弃分歧 |
[27:50] | because if the two of you can’t figure out how to forge a truce, | 因为如果你们两个 不能达成停战协定 |
[27:53] | how the hell are these people going to? | 那些人又怎么可能会? |
[27:58] | Rodney? Rodney? | |
[27:59] | What? | 什么? |
[27:59] | You’d better come to the Game Room. | 最好快到游戏室来 |
[28:03] | What happened? | 怎么了? |
[28:05] | We’ve just received a data stream from the planet. | 刚刚收到那个星球传来的数据 |
[28:12] | Colonel Sheppard’s army has launched an attack. | Sheppard中校的军队发起了攻击 |
[28:16] | Don’t look at me. *I* didn’t order it. | 不要看我 我没有下令 |
[28:25] | They’re going after the mine! | 他们是为煤矿来的 |
[28:32] | looks like your war just started. | 看来你们的战争已经开始了 |
[28:44] | Who ordered this? | 谁下令的? |
[28:47] | I did. | 我 |
[28:48] | He entered the command on your game console. | 他在你的游戏控制台输入了命令 |
[28:50] | I only did it because I know it’s something you would have told me to do. | 我这样做是因为 你终归是会叫我这样做的 |
[28:53] | I wanted you to make peace with these people! | 我让你和这些人保持和平 |
[28:56] | This attack will not go unpunished. | 你们会为这场攻击付出代价的 |
[28:58] | No-one is doing any punishing. | 不准进行报复行动 |
[29:00] | There’ll be no further escalation to this conflict. | 不能让这场冲突进一步升级 |
[29:05] | There’s no casualties reported. | 没有报告有人受伤 |
[29:06] | Looks like the mine was surrendered without a fight. | 看来煤矿没有进行抵抗就投降了 |
[29:09] | I told my army to minimise collateral damage. | 我告诉我的军队尽量减少平民伤害 |
[29:12] | You need to get back there. | 你们应该回去 |
[29:13] | Take Ronon and Teyla with you. | 带上Ronon和Teyla |
[29:15] | Go to your respective countries | 去你们各自的国家 |
[29:16] | and make sure this does not get any further out of hand. | 确保事态不要进一步恶化 |
[29:20] | No-one has been hurt yet. | 目前还没有人受伤 |
[29:23] | Let’s keep it that way. | 不要突破这个底线 |
[29:38] | You’re back. | 你回来了 |
[29:39] | We were beginning to worry. | 我们已经开始担心了 |
[29:39] | What’s the status? | 现在是什么情况? |
[29:40] | I’ve ordered three army units to re-take the mine. | 我已经派了三对人去夺回煤矿 |
[29:42] | They’re on their way. | 他们已经在路上了 |
[29:43] | Oh no. | 噢 不 |
[29:43] | No-no-no. You need to put a stop to that. | 不不不 你要让他们停下来 |
[29:45] | Why? | 为什么? |
[29:45] | Look, we just need to step back | 我们需要退后一步 |
[29:47] | and re-assess the situation here, | 重新评估一下当前的局势 |
[29:48] | OK? We should be thinking about *easing* tensions, not inflaming them. | OK?我们应该想办法减缓紧张局势 而不是加剧 |
[29:51] | Oh no. | 噢 不 |
[29:54] | They’re continuing to advance. | 他们继续开始前进了 |
[29:55] | What?! | 什么? |
[29:57] | Divert the units away from the mine. | 通知去煤矿的那几队人 |
[29:58] | Have them gather in the village, prepare to defend it. | 让他们到村子里去集合 准备展开防御 |
[30:00] | Isn’t this what she’s supposed to be stopping? | 是不是该叫她别这么做? |
[30:02] | Yes. Look, | 是的 听着 |
[30:03] | listen to me. You cannot engage them. | 听我说 你不能跟他们交战 |
[30:04] | We must protect our people. | 我们要保卫我们的人民 |
[30:06] | Look, I agree, but you’ve gotta give Sheppard some time. | 我知道 可你要给Sheppard些时间 |
[30:08] | He’ll call off the army. | 他会调走军队的 |
[30:09] | *Will* he? | 是么? |
[30:13] | Sheppard. Come in. | Sheppard 回话 |
[30:15] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[30:16] | Are you watching what’s going on here? | 你看到现在发生的状况了? |
[30:18] | We just got here. | 我们刚刚才到这里 |
[30:19] | Pretty much the same set-up as yours. | 跟你那里的设施差不多 |
[30:21] | We don’t have electricity, but I’m not gonna get into that right now. | 我们这里还没有电力 不过我现在不会引入 |
[30:25] | Your army is still on the march. | 你的军队还在行军中 |
[30:27] | What?! | 什么? |
[30:29] | They’re headed for one of my villages. You need to call them off before they … | 他们正朝我的一个村子而去 你要叫回他们 否则… |
[30:31] | The attack has begun. | 攻击已经开始了 |
[30:43] | Looks like you guys are giving up. | 看上去你的人都投降了 |
[30:45] | What? No-no-no-no, that can’t be right. | 什么?不不不 不可能的 |
[30:49] | That was fast, Rodney. | 真快啊 Rodney |
[30:50] | They retreated without any kind of a fight. | 他们不加任何抵抗就撤退了 |
[30:52] | What kind of an army is that? | 这叫什么军队? |
[30:53] | Well, at least there’s no casualties. | 至少没有造成伤害 |
[30:55] | It’s alright. | 没关系 |
[30:56] | I have another plan. | 我还有个方案 |
[30:59] | What other plan? | 什么方案? |
[31:01] | Why are you asking me? | 你在问我么? |
[31:06] | Uh, what are you doing? | 你想做什么? |
[31:08] | Preparing our counter-attack. | 准备反击 |
[31:09] | What counter-attack? | 什么反击? |
[31:10] | From information you gave us about high-temperature and energetic materials technology, | 基于你传授给我们的 高温高能材料技术 |
[31:14] | I have constructed a tactical explosive device. | 我已经造出了一个战术爆炸装置 |
[31:17] | A bomb? You actually built a bomb? | 炸弹?你已经造出了炸弹? |
[31:19] | I told you we’d always be several steps ahead of Baden. | 跟你说过 我们总是会领先于Baden的 |
[31:22] | How come I didn’t know about this? | 我怎么不知道这个? |
[31:23] | We have yet to test it, so it still appears to not exist. | 我们还没有测试过 所以没人知道它的存在 |
[31:25] | We will target one of Hallona’s outlying villages. | 我们会先攻击Hallona 某个处于偏远位置的村庄 |
[31:28] | How are you even gonna deliver it? | 你们怎么投放呢? |
[31:29] | I mean, the catapult couldn’t possibly reach that far. | 投石机投不了那么远 |
[31:32] | *I* will deliver it. | 我会有办法的 |
[31:33] | Using one of the airships you taught us to build. Go. | 采用你教我们建造的飞艇 去吧 |
[31:35] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[31:36] | No-no-no-no-no. Come back! | 不不不 回来! |
[31:40] | You taught them how to build a bomb?! | 你教他们怎么造炸弹? |
[31:42] | No! | 没有! |
[31:43] | Well, not specifically. | 没有明确的教他们 |
[31:44] | Look, OK, maybe I provided them with a list of ingredients but … | OK 也许我是向他们提供了 一份成分单 不过… |
[31:47] | I don’t *believe* this! | 难以置信! |
[31:48] | How much damage can it cause? | 它可以造成多大破坏? |
[31:50] | Enough to take out an entire village. | 可以炸平一整座村庄 |
[31:52] | Well, then, you must tell them to stop. | 那你一定要让他们住手 |
[31:53] | I tried that, but it’s already on the way! | 我试过了 可现在已经出发了! |
[31:55] | How are they delivering it? | 他们准备怎么投放? |
[31:58] | Dirigible. | 飞艇 |
[32:00] | You just *had* to cheat, didn’t you? | 你是不是非要作弊? |
[32:02] | I did *not* cheat. | 我没有作弊 |
[32:03] | Look, nowhere in the rules did it specifically outlaw the development of flying machines | 规则中没有规定何时可以发展飞行机械 |
[32:06] | – only the degree and speed of technological advancement. | 只规定了发展程度 和技术发展的速度 |
[32:09] | Well, they advanced pretty damned fast, didn’t they? | 可他们发展得太快了 不是么? |
[32:11] | Do we still have time to shoot it down? | 我们还有时间把它打下来么? |
[32:14] | Yes. Yes, I think so. | 有的 我想有 |
[32:16] | Then we’d better get moving. | 那我们最好快点 |
[32:19] | Absurd! | 荒谬! |
[32:20] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么啊 |
[32:21] | It’s a perfectly reasonable request! | 这完全是非常正当的要求! |
[32:23] | Oh yeah. Perfectly reasonable | 噢 是的 非常正当 |
[32:24] | I give you all of my food and my people starve. | 我把所有的食物给你 然后我的人都要饿死 |
[32:26] | I am not asking you for all of your food! | 我没有叫你把所有食物都给我 |
[32:29] | Plus I did say that we would make a deal. | 除此之外 我还说我们定下了协议 |
[32:31] | A deal. Oh yeah. Baskets. | 协议 是的 篮子 |
[32:33] | *Big* baskets! | 大篮子! |
[32:34] | Two dozen of ’em, hand-woven and *very* nice. | 二十四个 手编的 非常漂亮 |
[32:37] | Oh, very nice. What am I gonna put in them, huh? | 噢 非常漂亮 我该用它来装什么 啊? |
[32:38] | Certainly not food! | 当然不是食物! |
[32:41] | I think you’re holding out on me. | 我想你向我隐瞒了什么 |
[32:42] | I think you have *plenty* of food. | 我觉得你应该有很多食物 |
[32:43] | Are you calling me a liar?! | 你是说我是个骗子? |
[32:44] | No, I think you’re trying to squeeze me for a better deal, that’s what I think. | 没有 我只是认为 你想在交易中占我的便宜 |
[32:47] | I have got nothing to hide! | 我没有什么好隐瞒的! |
[32:48] | – Now, if you’re … – OK, OK | ﹣好吧 如果你… |
[32:49] | so maybe I’ll send some of my army troops down and we’ll have a look! | 也许我该派些军队过去 然后我们再好好瞧瞧! |
[32:52] | What the hell are you two doing? | 你们两个在干什么? |
[32:56] | I thought I gave specific orders to stay away from this device. | 我想我已经下达过明确的命令 不准靠近这个设备 |
[33:01] | Yes, yes, you did. | 是的 你是说过 |
[33:03] | We just saw that there were some people in trouble | 我们只是看到有些人遇到了麻烦 |
[33:05] | and we thought that maybe that we could … | 然后就想 也许我们可以… |
[33:08] | um … help. | 啊… 帮忙 |
[33:09] | No! | 不! |
[33:11] | No more help. | 不能再帮忙了 |
[33:12] | Clearly we are not qualified. | 很显然 我们没有这个资格 |
[33:14] | Now turn this thing off, disconnect the power and seal the room. | 把那个东西关掉 切断电源 封闭这个房间 |
[33:17] | – But, OK, we … – Now. | ﹣可是 好吧 我们… ﹣马上 |
[33:21] | Yes. | 好的 |
[33:29] | I hoped you would be proud of our accomplishments. | 希望你会为我们的成就而感到自豪 |
[33:33] | I am, really. I just … | 的确 真的 我只是… |
[33:34] | I *wish* it didn’t lead to this. | 我本不想发展到这一步的 |
[33:45] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[33:58] | There it is. | 它在那儿 |
[34:00] | Good. Now all you have to do is puncture the balloon. | 好的 我们现在要做的就是刺破气球 |
[34:03] | Already on it. | 马上就办 |
[34:13] | Colonel Sheppard! | Sheppard中校! |
[34:15] | He shot down our airship with the Puddle Jumper! | 他用Puddle Jumper击落了我们的飞艇 |
[34:18] | Well, don’t worry. No-one was hurt. | 别担心 没人受伤 |
[34:19] | He just … he punctured it. It sank harmlessly to the ground. | 他只是刺破了气球 它会慢慢降到地面上去的 |
[34:26] | Prepare the other bombs for delivery. | 准备投放其它炸弹 |
[34:28] | – Other bombs? – What, you have more?! | ﹣其它炸弹? ﹣什么 你还有? |
[34:33] | Great | 好啊 |
[34:45] | Thank you for your help. | 感谢你的帮助 |
[34:47] | You saved the lives of everyone in that village. | 你拯救那个村子里的所有人 |
[34:50] | We won’t be doing that again. | 我们不会干第二次了 |
[34:53] | I had no idea they were capable of delivering such a device. | 我不知道他们可以投放这种东西 |
[34:57] | Tell me about it! | 跟我讲讲 |
[34:58] | I’ve issued orders to make certain they don’t try again. | 我已经下令不能让他们发起下一波攻击 |
[35:03] | What *kind* of orders? | 什么命令? |
[35:05] | A full-scale attack has been launched. | 已经展开了全面进攻 |
[35:09] | It’s time to finish this war. | 是时候结束这场战争了 |
[35:24] | I’ve seen this before. | 我以前见过这种形势 |
[35:26] | If two sides are dead set on fighting, nothing’s gonna stop them. | 如果双方都准备决一死战 那没有人可以阻止他们 |
[35:28] | So I’ve gotta get Nola to call off the attack. | 我叫Nola停止进攻 |
[35:30] | You couldn’t do it before. What makes you think you can now? | 以前怎么不这样做 怎么现在才想起来? |
[35:32] | How about a little encouragement, huh? | 只是一点鼓励而已 |
[35:33] | You know, “Go get ’em, Rodney. I have faith in you”? | 就好像 “去搞定他们 Rodney 我相信你” |
[35:36] | OK, whatever. | 好吧 随便你怎么说吧 |
[35:37] | Look, I am not giving up on these people, | 听着 我不会放弃这些人的 |
[35:39] | which means until we get them to call this war off, | 也就是说 除非我们叫他们住手 |
[35:41] | then we are staying put *right* here. | 否则就要让他们进行到底 |
[35:49] | We could use your help. Come on. | 需要你们的帮助 来吧 |
[35:50] | Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa, what’s going on? | 到底怎么了? |
[35:52] | Elizabeth diverted the Daedalus on its way back to Earth | Elizabeth叫回了 正返回地球的Daedalus号 |
[35:54] | to check up on us. | 来帮助我们 |
[35:55] | Colonel Caldwell believed that the situation had deteriorated. | Caldwell认为目前的局势已经恶化 |
[35:58] | He feared that we would become casualties of war and so beamed us out. | 担心我们会在战争中伤亡 所以把我们传送出来 |
[36:01] | Yeah, but I talked him into beaming us back, | 是的 不过我让他把我们传送回去 |
[36:03] | but we’ve gotta do something first, so come on. | 可我们先要做一件事 过来 |
[36:05] | Do what? | 做什么? |
[36:06] | I’ve got a plan. | 我有个方案 |
[36:07] | Oh, *what* plan? | 什么方案? |
[36:07] | Oh, come on, already. | 来吧 |
[36:09] | How’s the situation on your end? | 你那边是什么情况? |
[36:10] | All-out war. You? | 全面开战了 你那边呢? |
[36:16] | Where did you go? What happened? | 你去哪儿了?出什么事了? |
[36:18] | Uh, nowhere, nowhere. We were just upstairs. | 哪也没去 我们就在楼上 |
[36:20] | Someone said you vanished into thin air. | 有人说你们凭空消失了 |
[36:22] | What?! No, that’s ridiculous. How could we vanish? | 什么?这太好笑了 我们怎么会消失呢? |
[36:24] | The airships have passed the southern forest. | 飞艇已经飞过了南方的森林 |
[36:26] | They’re nearing their targets. | 已经接近目标了 |
[36:28] | Let’s hope we strike first | 希望我们可以在Baden的军队 抵达我们村庄之前 |
[36:29] | before Baden’s army reaches our villages. | 率先展开攻击 |
[36:30] | We’ll destroy their will to fight. | 摧毁他们斗志 |
[36:32] | OK OK | |
[36:33] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[36:34] | For two years now I have been the Oracle to your people. | 两年来 我一直是你们的先知 |
[36:36] | I have given you much wisdom | 给予你们很多智慧 |
[36:38] | and guidance and bestowed much of my knowledge. | 还有指示分享了大部分知识 |
[36:41] | Look, it’s like you said: | 正如你所说的 |
[36:42] | I was a god. | 我是你们的上帝 |
[36:43] | Easy. | 别激动 |
[36:44] | And yes, | 是的 |
[36:45] | yes, I may just be a man, | 是的 我也许只是个普通人 |
[36:46] | but that wisdom still remains. | 可是智慧依旧 |
[36:49] | And now, more than ever, you need to heed my guidance | 现在 你更应该遵循我的指示 |
[36:51] | and call back those ships. | 召回那些飞艇 |
[36:56] | You told me it was time to start thinking on my own. | 你跟我说过 要学会自己独立思考 |
[36:59] | Right. | 是的 |
[37:00] | So now I am. | 现在我就是 |
[37:03] | My people are looking to me. | 我的人民都在看着我 |
[37:06] | This is *my* decision | 这是我的决定 |
[37:09] | and we *will* be victorious. | 我们会取得胜利的 |
[37:20] | Why won’t you help us? | 你为什么不帮助我们? |
[37:22] | I’m not shooting down any more ships. | 我不会再去击落飞艇了 |
[37:24] | We’re done helping you wage this war. | 先头的帮助 已经让你们发动了这场战争 |
[37:27] | Then we’ll shoot them down ourselves. | 那我们自己想办法把它们打下来 |
[37:29] | How? | 怎么打? |
[37:32] | Our weapons are not as primitive as Nola believes. | 我们的武器 不像Nola想像的那么原始 |
[37:35] | Many people will die on both sides. | 双方都会有很多人死去 |
[37:38] | If you want to leave, then leave. | 如果你想走 那就走吧 |
[37:40] | We’ll continue this fight even if you’ve lost the will. | 即便你们已经失去了斗志 我们仍然会继续这场战争的 |
[37:42] | You’re making a big mistake. | 你犯了一个很大的错误 |
[37:44] | The only mistake was not doing this sooner. | 唯一的错误就是没有早点这么做 |
[37:49] | You’ll see. | 你会看到的 |
[37:51] | This is the right path for my people. | 这才是我人民的正确出路 |
[38:02] | They’ve reached our villages. | 他们到达了我们的村庄 |
[38:04] | Two have already fallen. | 已经有两个人死了 |
[38:05] | The airships are almost in position. We should … | 飞艇就要抵达位置了 我们应该… |
[38:10] | What happened? | 怎么了? |
[38:12] | They shot down one of your ships. | 他们击落了其中一架飞艇 |
[38:14] | It wasn’t the Puddle Jumper. | 不是Puddle Jumper |
[38:15] | Maybe one of the catapults hit it. | 也许是被弹弓打中的 |
[38:17] | No, impossible! | 不 不可能! |
[38:22] | Two more villages have fallen. It appears many are dead. | 又有两个村庄沦陷 看上去死了很多人 |
[38:25] | Sheppard Sheppard. | |
[38:27] | Come in. … Sheppard! | 回话 Sheppard! |
[38:29] | The radio’s dead. | 无线电断了 |
[38:34] | They’re coming here. | 他们来这里了 |
[38:41] | What, they have bombs too?! | 怎么 他们也有炸弹? |
[38:42] | We need to get your people out of here now. | 要赶快疏散这里的人 |
[38:43] | Help them. | 去帮帮他们 |
[38:55] | Their army has surrounded us. | 他们的军队包围了我们 |
[38:57] | The road out of the village is blocked. | 村庄的出口被堵住了 |
[38:59] | People are being slaughtered as they try to leave. | 试图出去的人都被屠杀了 |
[39:01] | We’re trapped. | 我们被困住了 |
[39:08] | What shall we do? | 我们该怎么办? |
[39:18] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[39:31] | Rodney, where the hell are you? | Rodney 你到底在哪儿? |
[39:35] | They’ve dropped another bomb. | 他们又丢了一枚炸弹 |
[39:36] | Hundreds are dying! How can you stand by and let this happen? | 死了上百人! 你怎么能坐看着这一切发生? |
[39:42] | Nola’s army has surrounded the village. | Nola的军队已经包围了这个村庄 |
[39:44] | We’ll get to the Jumper. | 快到Jumper飞船那里去 |
[39:45] | They just destroyed it. | 刚才已经被炸毁了 |
[39:55] | We’re being overwhelmed. | 我们被打败了 |
[39:57] | What should we do? | 该怎么办? |
[40:22] | Game over. | 游戏结束了 |
[40:28] | Rodney, you there? | Rodney 在么? |
[40:31] | Yeah. We hear you. | 在 听到了 |
[40:33] | We’ll give you a call when we’re ready to be picked up. | 我们准备好后会通知你来接的 |
[40:35] | Got it. | 收到 |
[40:37] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[40:39] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[40:42] | What you just witnessed | 你刚刚见证了 |
[40:43] | is what I would call another level to the game. | 这场游戏的另外一个级别 |
[40:46] | See, we were beamed up earlier to our ship, | 我们先头被光传送到我们的飞船上 |
[40:48] | the Daedalus | Daedlaus号 |
[40:49] | in orbit over your planet. | 它正位于你们星球的轨道上 |
[40:51] | While we were there, I had Doctor McKay hack into the two devices, | 在那里 我让McKay博士 黑进了这两个设备 |
[40:54] | upload doomsday scenarios for each of your countries into the game. | 分别为两个国家上传了 游戏失败的情节 |
[40:57] | Everything you saw just now was transmitted from the Daedalus. | 你们刚才所看到的一切 都是从Daedalus号传送过来的 |
[41:02] | You mean | 你是说 |
[41:04] | none of this was real? | 这些都不是真的? |
[41:07] | No-one was hurt. | 没人受伤 |
[41:08] | No-one was killed. | 没人死亡 |
[41:10] | All just part of the simulation. | 所有这一切都是模拟 |
[41:12] | In reality, your two armies are standing down | 在现实中 你们双方的军队正在待命 |
[41:15] | awaiting further instructions. | 等待进一步的指令 |
[41:17] | But we heard explosions. We *felt* them. | 可我们听到了爆炸 而且也感觉到了 |
[41:19] | Thanks to some pinpoint shots from our friends in the Daedalus. | 这要感谢Daedalus上的朋友 所做的精准射击 |
[41:25] | It really added to the realism, didn’t it? | 增加了不少真实性 不是么? |
[41:31] | I’m sorry that we had to do that | 很抱歉 我们必须这样做 |
[41:34] | but you needed to see | 可你应该看到 |
[41:35] | how this could end. | 这样做的结局 |
[41:37] | Feel what a real war is like. | 体验到真正的战争是什么样的 |
[41:50] | You still think it was the right path for your people? | 还认为这是你人民的正确出路么? |
[42:08] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[42:10] | How’s it going? | 进展怎样了? |
[42:11] | Ah, it’s still going. | 还在进行中 |
[42:14] | We’re just taking a break. | 现在只是休息一下 |
[42:15] | There’s a lot of animosity to be unravelled | 还有很多仇恨需要化解 |
[42:18] | but I think they are finally willing to at least *try* to make it work. | 不过我认为他们最终还是乐于尝试一下的 |
[42:21] | Well, it’s about time. | 好啊 是时候了 |
[42:23] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[42:24] | And you two? | 你们两个呢? |
[42:26] | Called a truce yet? | 达成停战协定没有? |
[42:28] | Yeah, | 是啊 |
[42:28] | sure. We’re good. | 当然 我们很好 |
[42:30] | Yeah, don’t worry. We’re gonna stick to chess from now on. | 别担心 从现在起我们只会下下棋而已 |
[42:32] | As long as Rodney doesn’t cheat. | 只要Rodney不再作弊 |
[42:33] | Oh, please, like I need to cheat playing you? | 噢 拜托 跟你玩我需要作弊么? |
[42:35] | OK, I’ll leave you to it, then. | 好吧 你们两个慢慢玩 |
[42:43] | Checkmate | 将军 |
[42:45] | What?! | 什么? |
[42:46] | Oh, no-no-no-no-no. What happened there? | 噢 不不不 怎么回事? |
[42:48] | What happened there is I just kicked your ass. | 我赢了 |
[42:49] | No, no, I was distracted. | 不 我分心了 |
[42:50] | She was, uh … OK, we’re going again. | 她刚才…好吧 我们再来一盘 |
[42:52] | Best of ten. | 十局决胜负 |