时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Hello, Raymond. | 你好,雷蒙德 |
[00:05] | Oh, hi, Ma. | 噢,嗨!妈 |
[00:06] | – How’s your book coming? – Good. Yeah. | -你的书写得怎么样了? -还可以 |
[00:09] | It is so exciting to see you writing a book. | 能看见你写书,真是太令人激动了 |
[00:12] | Thanks. Thank you, Ma. | 谢谢你,妈 |
[00:14] | Does it have to be about sports? | 一定要写体育类的吗? |
[00:19] | Yeah, well, it’s either that or about mothers who can’t let go. | 是啊,或者是关于妈妈们多管闲事 |
[00:23] | – Oh God. – Yeah. | -哦,天哪 -是啊 |
[00:26] | Listen, Debra mentioned you might need someone | 黛博拉说你想找个人 |
[00:29] | to help you get organized. | 帮你处理一下文字方面的工作 |
[00:30] | – Oh, she did? Yeah. – Mm-hmm. | -她真这么说了? -嗯~ |
[00:33] | Yeah, isn’t that nice how she mentions things to you? | 她跟你说起这个,真是太好了 |
[00:38] | Listen, Mom, I appreciate the offer, | 听着,妈,我很感激你有这份心, |
[00:42] | – but I don’t need any… – No no no, it’s not me, Raymond, | -不过我不需要…… -不,不,不是我,雷蒙德 |
[00:45] | although I’d be a terrific gal Friday. | 尽管我从前也是个 非常得力的女秘书 |
[00:49] | I don’t know. I was thinking about your cousin Gerard. | 我说的是你的表哥杰拉德 |
[00:52] | Gerard? Oh, I don’t like Gerard. | 杰拉德?噢,我不喜欢杰拉德 |
[00:55] | Yes, you do. | 不,你喜欢的 |
[00:58] | Isn’t he always in the hospital? | 他还是动不动就去医院? |
[01:00] | Well, he’s a fragile boy. | 他是个脆弱的男孩 |
[01:03] | I mean, he has allergies and he has a poor sense of balance, | 我是说,他有过敏体质, 平衡感也不怎么好 |
[01:07] | but he’s much better now. | 但他现在好多了 |
[01:10] | I don’t need anybody, Ma, especially Gerard. | 我不需要谁来帮忙,妈,尤其是杰拉德 |
[01:12] | I happen to know that Gerard is a very responsible young man, | 据我所知,杰拉德是一个很有 责任心的年轻人 |
[01:17] | and he’s exactly what you need. | 他正是你需要的人 |
[01:19] | And I owe his mother. | 再说,我还欠他妈妈一个人情 |
[01:22] | – For what? – You know, when Robert got divorced? | -为什么? -还记得吗?罗伯特离婚的时候? |
[01:25] | She set him up with Melissa. | 她撮合他和梅丽莎 |
[01:27] | I don’t think you owe someone for setting up a guy with his own cousin. | 撮合他和他表妹,我不觉得 这也算欠她人情 |
[01:32] | It was just to talk. | 只不过让他们先聊聊 |
[01:34] | – They had a lot in common. – Yeah, DNA. | -他们有很多共同点 -是啊,DNA |
[01:37] | No, Ma. No, please. | 不行,妈,求你了 |
[01:41] | Oh, come on. Raymond. | 噢,别这样,雷蒙德 |
[01:44] | Do I ask for much? | 我这个要求过分吗? |
[01:48] | I think you could do this one thing for me | 趁我还在的时候,你至少可以 |
[01:51] | while I’m still here. | 为我做这一件事吧? |
[01:55] | You mean in the basement? | 你是指你还在地下室? |
[01:59] | All right, relax. | 好吧,放松! |
[02:01] | Don’t go anywhere. | 别多想了 |
[02:03] | I mean, spiritually. Physically, get the hell out. I’ll ask him. | 就算我心里不愿意,但是行动上…… 我会问问他的 |
[02:06] | – You’ll ask him? – Yeah yeah. | -你会问问他? -是的 |
[02:08] | – Oh! – All right, yeah. | -噢! -好吧 |
[02:10] | – Okay. – Tell him to call me tomorrow. | -好的 -叫他明天打电话给我 |
[02:12] | – Gerard, come on down. – What… | -杰拉德,下来 -什么…… |
[02:15] | – he’s here? – Yeah. | -他已经来了? -是啊 |
[02:33] | Hiya, Raymond. | 你好吗,雷蒙德 |
[02:37] | Hi, Gerard. | 嗨,杰拉德 |
[02:41] | So you’re… | 你最近…… |
[02:43] | you’re not at a hospital. | 你最近没在医院 |
[02:45] | – Yeah. – Yeah, that’s good. | -是啊 -嗯,不错 |
[02:47] | That’s good. That’s great. | 真不错 |
[02:52] | – Raymond? – What? | -雷蒙德? -什么? |
[02:56] | So, Gerard, would you be interested in… | 杰拉德,你有没有兴趣…… |
[03:00] | uh… helping me out around here? | 在这里帮我做点事情? |
[03:04] | Uh, okay. | 呃,好吧 |
[03:07] | Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[03:09] | All right, well, I’ll leave you two buddies to get to work. | 好了,我先走了, 让你们两兄弟好好工作 |
[03:13] | I’ll be right across the street | 我就在街对面 |
[03:15] | – if you need me. – Okay, thank you, Ma. | -如果要帮忙,叫一声就行了 -好的,谢了,妈 |
[03:17] | Gerard, don’t forget to tell your mother we’re even now. | 杰拉德,别忘了告诉你妈 我们现在扯平了 |
[03:30] | Do you mind if I sit? | 我可以坐下吗? |
[03:32] | Sometimes my legs give out unexpectedly. | 有时候我的腿会莫明其妙地出毛病 |
[03:35] | Oh, yeah yeah. Go ahead. | 噢,好的,请坐吧 |
[03:39] | You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to. | 如果你不想做,你不用勉强自己 |
[03:41] | – What do you mean? – I mean you shouldn’t be forced | -什么意思? -我的意思是你不用强迫自己 |
[03:45] | into doing something you don’t want to do. | 去做你不想做的事情 |
[03:47] | I’m not gonna have to do anything weird, am I? | 你不会要我做什么变态的事吧? |
[03:50] | What? No no. No no no. | 什么?当然不会 |
[03:53] | I mean, we are in a basement. | 我的意思是,我们现在在地下室 |
[03:56] | Remember when you had that idea… | 还记不记得那时候你…… |
[03:58] | Oh, we were seven. | 我们当时只有7岁 |
[04:06] | All right. All right, | 好吧,好吧 |
[04:08] | so we’re gonna do this. Good. | 就这么定了 |
[04:10] | So the book I’m writing, it’s about baseball. | 我现在正在写一本书, 是关于棒球的 |
[04:12] | You follow baseball? | 你知道棒球吗? |
[04:15] | You want me to say yes, don’t you? | 你想要我回答“知道”,是不是? |
[04:19] | I’m just asking. | 我只是问问 |
[04:21] | Yes. | 知道 |
[04:26] | Okay. I was thinking, | 好吧…… |
[04:28] | you know what you could do is read what I’ve already done | 你的工作是浏览我写好的稿子, |
[04:31] | – and kind of proofread it. – Oh no. | -噢!不! |
[04:33] | – What? – I got a stain on my shirt. | -怎么了? -我的衬衫上沾了一块污渍 |
[04:37] | I wanted to make a good impression. | 我本想给你留个好印象 |
[04:39] | I suck. | 我搞砸了 |
[04:49] | Okay, so all you gotta do is kinda just check for spelling and punctuation. | 好了,你只要检查拼写和标点就行了 |
[04:53] | Here, you know what? Just highlight anything that you see is wrong. | 给你,把错误的地方划出来 |
[04:56] | That’s all. | 这样就行了 |
[05:01] | – Oh boy. – What? | -噢,老天 -怎么了? |
[05:03] | Already? You found something already? | 你已经发现错误了? |
[05:04] | Do I have to use this highlighter? | 我必须得用这支记号笔吗? |
[05:06] | Why? Why, what’s wrong? | 怎么了?有什么问题? |
[05:09] | This is really throwing off fumes. | 这味道太刺激了! |
[05:12] | I’m getting high here. | 我都有点冲动了 |
[05:18] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样? |
[05:20] | How about that red pencil? | 那支红色铅笔能不能给我用? |
[05:22] | I’m using it. I’m using the red pencil. | 这支笔我在用 |
[05:25] | Okay. Listen, you’re the boss. | 好吧,你是老板 |
[05:32] | All right, here here here. Take it, take it. There. | 好吧,给你给你,拿着 |
[05:35] | – Thank you. – All right. | -谢谢 -没关系 |
[05:39] | “It was Sandy Koufax, Nolan Ryan to name a few. | “举例来说,杉迪・库法斯和诺兰・瑞恩” |
[05:43] | – Well, these men are… ” – Hey, what are you doing? | -“这些人……” -你在干嘛? |
[05:46] | Yeah, it’s nothing. It’s good. Whatever. | 没什么,写得还凑合 |
[05:49] | – And… – Gerard, if there’s something wrong, | -而且…… -杰拉德,如果有错误的地方, |
[05:52] | – you gotta tell me. – It’s just… I don’t know. | -你得告诉我 -只是……我不知道 |
[05:55] | Doesn’t whore have a “W”? | “妓女”这个词里不是应该有个“W”吗? |
[05:57] | – What are you talking about? – You called some guy a whore in here. | -你在说什么? -在这里,你称别人为妓女 |
[06:01] | Wait wait wait a minute. Wait a minute. | 等一下,等一下 |
[06:03] | I don’t… I don’t call a guy a whore in my book. | 我不……不可能在我的 书里叫别人妓女 |
[06:06] | Yes, you do. “Lou Gehrig was the Iron Hore… “ | 是真的,“罗・格瑞格曾被成为铁妓……” |
[06:09] | H- O-R-E. | |
[06:11] | Yeah, horse. See, I forgot the S. | 没错,是HORSE(马) 我忘了一个S |
[06:14] | – He was the Iron Horse. – Oh. | -他是一匹铁马 -噢 |
[06:17] | That doesn’t make sense either. | 那也读不通啊 |
[06:20] | But that’s good. That’s a typo. Thanks. | 不过还好,这毕竟也是拼写错误,谢谢 |
[06:23] | Yeah, but you would have found it eventually. | 不过到最后你还是会自己发现的 |
[06:25] | – But you found it. – Or someone else would have. | -但是是你发现的 -别人也可以发现的 |
[06:28] | Gerard, you did it. You found something. You’re doing good. | 杰拉德,是你发现的 你干得很不错 |
[06:31] | I might have missed something else, though. | 也可能还有我没发现的 |
[06:33] | I think I was distracted by that whore. | 我肯定是被那个“妓女” 分散注意力了 |
[06:36] | It’s not whore. | 这不是“妓女” |
[06:39] | I don’t write whore in my book. | 我在书里不写“妓女” |
[06:54] | Hey, how did it go with Gerard today? | 嘿,今天和杰拉德过得怎么样? |
[06:57] | Yeah, thanks for mentioning things to my mom, pepper squat. | 谢谢你跟我妈妈多嘴,胡椒粉胖墩 |
[07:01] | – What? – I can’t get any work done. | -怎么了? -我什么事也做不了 |
[07:04] | He’s allergic to the pen and he keeps asking me stupid questions. | 他对记号笔过敏, 还不停地问我一些傻问题 |
[07:10] | You gotta just give the guy a chance, you know? | 你应该给他一个机会 |
[07:13] | You try spending a day in the basement with him, you know? | 你和他在地下室呆一整天试试? |
[07:18] | He’s always got something negative to say about everything, | 他对任何事都是那么悲观, |
[07:20] | even when I compliment him. | 哪怕在我表扬他的时候 |
[07:22] | Then he keeps complaining in that nasal whiny voice. | 而且他还不停地用鼻音很重的 声音嘀嘀咕咕地发牢骚 |
[07:28] | “Oh no, I spilled whiteout. “ | “噢,不!我闯了大祸了!” |
[07:35] | – What? – You could be twins. | -怎么了? -你们两个肯定是双胞胎 |
[07:41] | – What? – He sounds just like you. | -什么? -他说起话来和你一模一样 |
[07:44] | – No, he doesn’t. – Yeah yeah yeah, that’s you. | -不可能! -就是的,那就是你 |
[07:47] | “Oh, I spilled the whiteout. “ | “噢,我闯了大祸了!” |
[07:51] | Yeah, that’s me. That’s not me. | 算了吧,那可不是我 |
[07:53] | As a matter of fact you… | 话说回来,其实…… |
[07:57] | What? What? What were you gonna say? | 什么?你想说什么? |
[08:00] | Something about the kids. | 关于孩子的 |
[08:04] | You really think that I’m his twin. | 你真觉得我是他的双胞胎兄弟? |
[08:06] | No, Ray! I was just kidding. | 不是,雷 我是开玩笑的 |
[08:09] | No, you weren’t. What were you gonna say? | 你不是开玩笑。 你到底想说什么? |
[08:11] | It’s just that I noticed | 我刚刚注意到, |
[08:14] | your heads are kind of the same shape. | 你们的头形状很像 |
[08:21] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[08:31] | “Oh no, I spilled whiteout. “ | “噢不!我闯了大祸了!” |
[08:42] | Oh my God, I am Gerard. | 噢我的天哪,我就是杰拉德 |
[08:44] | No, you’re not Ray. | 你不是的,雷 |
[08:47] | Hey, I’m not blind. I can see and hear it. | 嘿,我可没聋没瞎 我能看到,也能听到 |
[08:50] | No, you’re from the same family, okay? | 你们有血缘关系啊,不是吗? |
[08:52] | So you sound a little bit alike. | 所以你才会有一点点像他 |
[08:54] | You have a few similar mannerisms. | 你们只有一点点相似的小动作 |
[08:56] | Your head shape is a tiny bit the same, | 你们的头也只有一点点相似 |
[08:58] | but you’re two completely different people, okay? | 但你们两个是完全不同的人 |
[09:01] | You’re not Gerard. | 你不是杰拉德 |
[09:03] | Oh, I know, I know. | 我知道 |
[09:04] | I know, I know, I know. | 我知道,我知道 |
[09:08] | – Good night. | – Good night. -晚安 -晚安 |
[09:13] | You’re a much better kisser. | 你接吻比他强多了 |
[09:19] | That’s… you know, that’s not even funny. | 这……这一点也不好笑 |
[09:22] | – You hear me? – I’m just kidding you. | -你听见了没有? -我只是在开玩笑啊 |
[09:25] | – Good night. – Yeah, all right, I’m just saying. | -晚安 -我说了, |
[09:28] | It’s not even funny. | 一点也不好笑 |
[09:34] | You’ve got your uncle’s butt. | 你的屁股像你叔叔 |
[09:45] | So you don’t live here anymore? | 你不住在这儿了? |
[09:47] | No, I’ve had my own place for about a year now. | 对,我已经搬出去快一年了 |
[09:50] | – You? – Yeah, 12 years I’ve been on my own, | -你呢? -我已经独居12年了, |
[09:54] | eight if you don’t count the hospitals. | 如果不算住院的时间,就是8年 |
[09:59] | – Hey. – Hi. | -嘿 -嘿 |
[10:01] | – Hi, Raymond. – Hi, Gerard. | -嗨,雷蒙德 -嗨,杰拉德 |
[10:03] | Uh, good morning, cousin. Yeah. | 呃,早上好,表哥 |
[10:07] | Hello, Raymond. You hungry, dear? | 你好啊,雷蒙德,你饿吗?亲爱的 |
[10:10] | I’m making some eggs for you two. | 我为你们两个做了鸡蛋 |
[10:11] | – Is that my shirt? – Well, he had a stain on his other one. | -那是我的衬衫? -是啊,他自己的那件有点脏了 |
[10:18] | Well done, Aunt Marie. Do you mind if I visit your restroom? | 真好吃,玛丽婶婶 我能去你的洗手间吗? |
[10:21] | No, dear. Go ahead. | 当然可以,亲爱的,去吧 |
[10:22] | Be careful in there, all right? | 小心点,听到了吗? |
[10:24] | ‘Cause you’re not getting my pants. | 因为我不会借你裤子的 |
[10:28] | Where is he going? | 他去哪了? |
[10:30] | – Take a wild guess. – Again? | -猜猜看 -又去了? |
[10:33] | What, is he on the installment plan? | 他是不是在分期付款? |
[10:36] | Marie, how long is he gonna be around? | 玛丽,他还要在这里呆多久? |
[10:39] | Ugh, I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[10:40] | When are you gonna be finished with your book, Raymond? | 你什么时候才能写完你的书?雷蒙德 |
[10:43] | – I don’t know. – Geez, oh Lou, | -我不知道 -老天爷啊 |
[10:45] | I can’t take it anymore! | 我已经快受不了了! |
[10:47] | I’ll tell you something, | 我跟你说, |
[10:49] | my relationship with his mother is not worth this. | 我跟他妈妈的关系, 还不值得我这么做 |
[10:51] | Hey, wait a minute. You’re the one who told me to… | 嘿,等一等,是你自己要我…… |
[10:54] | I know, but he’s such a mopey fellow. | 我知道,但他也太闷了 |
[10:57] | “Oh no, my legs bother me. Ow. “ | “噢~不,我的腿难受死了!噢~~” |
[11:05] | “I’m allergic, oh… “ | “我过敏了,噢……” |
[11:07] | “I’m itchy, ow… “ | “我痒死了,噢……” |
[11:09] | Wait a minute, wait a minute! | 等一下 |
[11:11] | He’s not that bad. | 他还没那么糟糕 |
[11:14] | He’s a schmo… | 他是笨蛋 |
[11:16] | who’s got no zest for life. | 毫无生活情趣! |
[11:19] | I mean, he’s very negative. | 他太悲观了 |
[11:21] | How did you put it, Robby? | 你怎么形容来着?罗比 |
[11:23] | Loser! | 失败者! |
[11:28] | And he only comes over here to eat. | 他到这里来只是为了吃 |
[11:31] | Your eggs are ready, dear. | 你的鸡蛋好了,亲爱的 |
[11:35] | You know, Debra thinks that I’m a lot like him. | 知道吗?黛博拉觉得我很像他 |
[11:43] | And what the hell was that? | 见鬼的这是什么意思? |
[11:45] | – What, dear? – It was like time froze for a second. | -什么?亲爱的 -有一秒钟好像时间冻结了 |
[11:49] | And when… what are you laughing at? | 而且……你笑什么? |
[11:56] | You agree with Debra. | 你们同意黛博拉的话 |
[11:57] | No, not at all, dear. | 一点也不,亲爱的 |
[12:00] | – It’s just that… – Now that you mention it. | -只不过是…… -这可是你自己说的 |
[12:03] | It’s uncanny! | 太不可思议了! |
[12:08] | You think I’m like him and you think he’s annoying, | 你们觉得我像他, 而且你们觉得他很烦人 |
[12:10] | so you think I’m annoying! | 所以你们也觉得我很烦人! |
[12:12] | Uh, I believe that’s the transitive property. | 呃,我想这就是所谓的物质的传递性 |
[12:15] | There is something. | 有点道理 |
[12:16] | Raymond, nobody says you’re annoying. | 雷蒙德,没人说你烦人 |
[12:18] | You’re just blowing this whole thing out of proportion. | 你把这件事想得太复杂化了 |
[12:21] | – Well, am I? – Yeah, I-I don’t hate you. | -真的吗? -对啊,我不讨厌你 |
[12:26] | I wonder why that is. | 我想知道为什么会这样 |
[12:30] | Just say it. I’m annoying! | 直说吧,我很烦人! |
[12:32] | Right? I got the same nasal voice. | 我的鼻音也很重 |
[12:34] | I look droopy like him. I’m negative. | 我看起来跟他一样无精打采的 我也很悲观 |
[12:37] | No no no no, I know all that. | 不,不,这些我早就知道了 |
[12:41] | It’s just it’s different with you. | 但你的感觉就是不同 |
[12:43] | Damned if I know what it is, though. | 但我怎么都想不出原因 |
[12:45] | I know what it is: You’re our son. | 我知道为什么:你是我们的儿子 |
[12:50] | That’s it! | 没错! |
[12:53] | Wait, what does that mean? | 等等,那又是什么意思? |
[12:54] | I don’t know. We’re used to you. | 我不知道,也许我们习惯你了 |
[12:56] | – Used to me? – Yes. | -习惯了? -没错 |
[12:58] | This means you are annoying. | 意思就是你的确很烦人 |
[13:00] | We just developed a tolerance for you. | 我们已经对你免疫了 |
[13:06] | Tolerance for me? | 对我免疫? |
[13:08] | You tolerate me? | 你们对我免疫? |
[13:09] | Goodbye, everybody. | 再见,各位 |
[13:12] | Hey hey! Don’t get mad at us. | 嘿!别生我们的气 |
[13:14] | Come on, he’s right, dear. | 他说得没错,亲爱的 |
[13:15] | You’re the one who came over here asking us if you’re annoying. | 是你自己过来,问我们你是不是很烦人的 |
[13:18] | Which, in and of itself, is quite annoying. | 这个问题本身就很烦人 |
[13:23] | Why, huh? Why is that annoying, Robert? | 为什么?为什么烦人?罗伯特 |
[13:28] | Because you already know the answer. | 因为你已经知道答案了 |
[13:32] | See, that’s you all over. | 看,这不是吗? |
[13:34] | Debra already told you yesterday you were like Gerard, right? | 黛博拉昨天就已经告诉你, 你很像杰拉德了,不是吗? |
[13:38] | But is that good enough for you? | 你觉得满意了吗? |
[13:40] | No, you have to check with everybody else. | 不,你还要到处去问别人 |
[13:44] | Poll the world. They won’t mind. | 去向全世界民意调查吧, 他们不会介意的 |
[13:48] | Because no one else is really important, are they, Raymond? | 因为别人说什么都不重要,是不是?雷蒙德 |
[13:54] | What do you think, we’re just hanging on hooks over here | 你是不是以为我们都是 挂在钩子上的臭肉, |
[13:56] | waiting for you to stop by? | 等着你偶尔过来看看? |
[13:58] | – Hey. – Hi. | -嘿 -嗨 |
[14:00] | My mom says next time they’re working on my sinuses, | 我妈妈说下次他们就要 开始治疗我的鼻窦炎了 |
[14:03] | they should do a whole nose job. | 他们应该把我的鼻子也整个形 |
[14:06] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢? |
[14:10] | Well, we were having a conversation about something else, | 我们正在谈别的事, |
[14:13] | but we can stop to address your concerns, Gerard. | 但我们可以停下来讨论 你的问题,杰拉德 |
[14:19] | Hey, Robby, you really wanna see annoying? | 嘿,罗比,你想看看什么是真正的烦人吗? |
[14:21] | Why don’t you check in the mirror? | 照照镜子吧 |
[14:24] | Bravo. | 好哇~! |
[14:35] | All right, break’s over. Everybody back on the hooks. | 好了,休息结束!大家各就各位吧 |
[14:42] | – Hi, Daddy. | – Hi, Daddy. -嗨,爸爸 -嗨,爸爸 |
[14:44] | – Hi hi hi, hey. – Hi, Dad. | -嗨~ -嗨,爸爸 |
[14:47] | – You forgot something about last night. – What? | -你昨晚忘了说一件事了 -什么? |
[14:49] | – That I’m annoying. – What? | -我很烦人 -什么? |
[14:52] | – Yeah, like you don’t know… – Are you there? | -你不知道…… -你在吗? |
[14:55] | – Hi, Gerard. – Hi, kids. | -嗨,杰拉德 -嗨,孩子们 |
[14:59] | Got your nose. | 抓住你的鼻子咯~ |
[15:03] | – Can I be excused? – Sure. | -我能失陪吗? -当然 |
[15:13] | Well, Raymond, I’m punching in. | 雷蒙德,我签到了 |
[15:14] | – I’ll be down in the salt mines. – Okay. | -我下去磨屁股了 -知道了 |
[15:17] | I’ll be down in a little while. | 我马上就下来 |
[15:20] | All right, I’m firing him. | 好吧,我要解雇他 |
[15:23] | – Why? | – Why? -为什么? -为什么? |
[15:24] | Because everybody hates me, | 因为每个人都讨厌我, |
[15:26] | and before he got here, they didn’t know that. | 但是在他来以前,他们都还没察觉 |
[15:29] | Oh, so you’re gonna take it out on that poor guy? | 噢,所以你要把气撒在那个可怜的人身上? |
[15:32] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[15:35] | Can I make a suggestion? | 我能提个建议吗? |
[15:36] | – You wanna fire him? – No, but if there’s | -你也想解雇他? -不,如果…… |
[15:39] | something about yourself that’s bothering you, | 困扰你的原因来自你本身, |
[15:42] | then why don’t you work on you? | 你为什么要拿他出气? |
[15:46] | Why do I talk to you? | 我为什么要和你商量? |
[16:11] | – Hey. – Oh, hey. | -嘿 -噢,嘿 |
[16:13] | Sorry. Is there a song you like? | 对不起,你喜欢听什么歌? |
[16:18] | No no… | 不…… |
[16:22] | – Listen, Gerard… – Oh boy. | -听着,杰拉德…… -噢,老天啊 |
[16:24] | – What? – You’re firing me. | -怎么了? -你要解雇我了 |
[16:27] | What? | 什么? |
[16:29] | It’s just every time in my life | 每一次, |
[16:30] | someone has said, “Listen, Gerard,” | 当有人说:“听着,杰拉德,” |
[16:32] | it’s either I’m being fired or there’s a medical complication. | 不是我被解雇了,就是有药物并发症 |
[16:39] | No… no… | 不…… |
[16:41] | No no, I just wanted to talk, | 我只想跟你谈谈, |
[16:44] | you know, just talk. | 只想谈谈 |
[16:46] | – Okay. – Yeah. | -好吧 -好 |
[16:47] | Okay, um… | 呃…… |
[16:51] | I just wanted to apologize, you know, | 我想向你道歉…… |
[16:55] | because I’ve been kind of grumpy with you. | 因为我对你有点太粗暴了 |
[16:57] | I didn’t wanna say anything. | 我不发表意见 |
[16:59] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[17:01] | You know, people have told me | 别人告诉我, |
[17:05] | that if you’re not happy with yourself, | 如果你觉得不开心, |
[17:07] | you should work on yourself. | 应该从自己身上找原因 |
[17:10] | And I’ve been kind of thinking about that, | 所以我考虑了很久, |
[17:12] | and that’s why I think that we should work on you. | 我觉得问题应该出在你的身上 |
[17:22] | – What? – L… no, you see, | -什么? -你想, |
[17:25] | ’cause since you’re working for me, | 因为自从你为我工作以后, |
[17:27] | you are then a reflection of me, | 你给我的影响很大 |
[17:30] | and that is why we should work on you. | 所以问题是出在你的身上 |
[17:36] | – I don’t know, I… – Now, see, see? | -我不知道……我…… -看看,看看 |
[17:37] | Right there, you’re not looking at me. When you talk to somebody, | 就是这种样子,你根本不正视我 当你和别人说话的时候, |
[17:41] | you should make eye contact, you know? | 你应该和他眼神交流,懂吗? |
[17:43] | Try saying something to me. | 试试看和我说话 |
[17:44] | What do you want me to say? | 你想要我说什么? |
[17:46] | You’re looking at your shoes. You should look up. | 你在看你的鞋子! 你应该抬起眼睛 |
[17:48] | Make eye contact. | 眼神交流 |
[17:50] | You said I wouldn’t have to do anything weird. | 你说过我不用做奇怪的事的 |
[17:52] | L… | 我…… |
[17:56] | And another thing, why do you always | 还有,你为什么总是 |
[17:58] | gotta look so mopey all the time for? | 一副哭丧着脸的样子? |
[18:00] | That’s my face. I can’t change that. | 我的脸天生就是这样, 我无能为力 |
[18:03] | Well, have you tried? You should just like raise your eyebrows | 你试过没有?你应该扬起你的眉毛 |
[18:07] | and smile a little. Like this… | 微微地笑一笑,就像这样…… |
[18:09] | Yeah, well, not a big scary… | 行了,不要笑得那么恐怖…… |
[18:13] | that’s… that’s a big scary smile. | 你这叫恐怖的笑 |
[18:17] | Just a little. Smile a little. | 微微地就够了,微微笑 |
[18:19] | Don’t, don’t. You look like you’re in pain now. | 不对,不对 你看上去好像很痛的样子 |
[18:22] | Just… well… | 只要…… |
[18:24] | Just smile a little smile | 只要稍微地带点笑容 |
[18:26] | – and not a big smile. – I don’t like this. | -不是大笑 -我不喜欢这样 |
[18:28] | Nobody likes to work on themselves, Gerard. | 没人喜欢改变自己,杰拉德 |
[18:31] | You gotta stand up straight too. | 你应该站直身子 |
[18:33] | I’m not supposed to move like that. | 我不应该那么做 |
[18:35] | I think I have sciatica. | 我有坐骨神经痛 |
[18:37] | See that’s another thing, that’s another thing. | 瞧,这也是一个因素! |
[18:40] | Why do you gotta be so negative all the time? | 为什么你总是那么悲观? |
[18:41] | ‘Cause I’m not very happy. | 因为我不快乐 |
[18:44] | Well, whose fault is that, Gerard? | 那是谁的责任?杰拉德 |
[18:47] | Right now? | 现在? |
[18:54] | You even talk strange. You’re all nasally and whinily and… | 你说话的音调很奇怪, 鼻音太重,嘀嘀咕咕的…… |
[18:57] | – like the word you just said, right… – Now. | -比如你刚刚说的,现…… -在 |
[19:01] | Okay, what does a cat say? | 好,猫怎么说话? |
[19:03] | You mean a talking cat? | 你是指一只会说话的猫? |
[19:06] | No! | 不是! |
[19:08] | A regular cat, a regular cat. | 普通的猫! |
[19:10] | What does a regular cat say? | 普通的猫怎么说话的? |
[19:12] | – Meow. – Meow, now, | -喵 -喵,挠(意为现在) |
[19:14] | meow, now. You see how annoying that can be? | 喵,挠。听到了吧?多烦人啊! |
[19:17] | Yeah, but what do you want? | 那你想怎么样? |
[19:20] | Try it like this. | 试试这样说 |
[19:22] | Right now. | 囊! |
[19:25] | Right now. | 挠! |
[19:28] | Try it again. Right now. | 再来一次,囊! |
[19:30] | Right now. | 挠! |
[19:33] | – Now. | – Now. -囊! -挠! |
[19:35] | – Now. | – Now. -挠! -挠! |
[19:37] | – Now. | – Now. -挠! -挠! |
[19:39] | – Now. | – Now. -挠! -挠! |
[19:40] | – Now. – No… you say it just like I do. | -挠! -你跟我说的一样啊 |
[19:43] | No, I don’t. Just try it again. | 我没有,你再说一次! |
[19:44] | – Try it again. Now. – Now. | -再来,挠! -挠! |
[19:46] | – Now. | – Now. -挠! -挠! |
[19:48] | – It’s the same. – It isn’t! | -一摸一样! -不一样! |
[19:49] | – Now. | – Now. -挠! -挠! |
[19:51] | – This isn’t about me, Gerard! – Well, knock it off! | -这不是为了我,杰拉德 -行了,住口吧! |
[19:54] | You’re really annoying. | 你真烦人! |
[20:03] | That’s right. | 没错! |
[20:05] | You know what? I quit! | 听着,我不干了! |
[20:07] | I’ve had it with you and your whole side of the family. | 我受够你了,还有你那一大家子 |
[20:10] | I only took this job because my mom owes Aunt Marie. | 我接这个活只是因为我妈妈 欠玛丽婶婶一个人情 |
[20:15] | My mom owes your mom. | 我妈妈欠你妈妈人情 |
[20:17] | Yeah yeah, believe whatever you want. I’m outta here, | 随你怎么想,我要走了 |
[20:20] | you crazy bastard! | 你这个疯狂的畜生! |
[20:22] | What… | 什么……? |
[20:24] | You got problems, pal! You got problems, all right? | 你有毛病!同志! 你有毛病! |
[20:27] | And I’ll tell you something. You’re gonna go through life | 我告诉你,你要背着你的毛病 |
[20:30] | blind to your problems! | 荒度一生了! |
[20:33] | And there’s no call for that kind of language! | 而且没人会愿意和你交流! |
[20:40] | Now. De… uh. | 挠,咻~~~ |
[20:44] | Right now. Agh! | 挠!啊~~ |
[20:51] | Right now… now. | 囊……囊! |
[20:52] | Right now! | 囊! |
[20:54] | Right now! | 囊! |
[21:03] | Oh, good. Glad you’re here. | 噢,你在这儿太好了 |
[21:06] | I’m annoying, huh? You think I’m annoying? | 我很烦人,是不是? 你觉得我很烦人? |
[21:08] | – Where’s Mom and Dad? – Shopping. | -妈妈和爸爸去哪儿了? -买东西去了 |
[21:10] | Okay, well, you’re on page three. | 好吧,你的在第三页 |
[21:15] | I’m annoying? You have your own place | 我很烦人? 你有自己的房子, |
[21:17] | and yet you’re always over here. | 却整天赖在这儿 |
[21:19] | Annoying. | 烦人! |
[21:23] | That’s loyalty. That’s a devoted son. | 这叫孝顺,孝顺的儿子 |
[21:27] | Fine, that’s your spin on it. Okay, good. | 那纯属胡扯!好吧, |
[21:29] | You can have that. How about the way you eat? Every time you take a bite, | 你尽管这么认为好了。 再看看你吃东西的样子,每吃一口 |
[21:33] | you touch it to your chin first. What do you call that? | 都要先碰碰你的下巴,这叫什么? |
[21:35] | Quirky. | 有个性. |
[21:37] | If I was famous, everyone would be doing it. | 如果我出了名,每个人都会效仿 |
[21:46] | Your feet smell. | 你有脚臭 |
[21:49] | All right, now you’re grasping. | 你有点过分了啊 |
[21:51] | How about laugh right there, huh? | 还有那种笑声,嗯? |
[21:53] | – That’s annoying. – Amy thinks it’s cute. | -那也很烦人! -艾米觉得很可爱 |
[21:55] | She’s annoying too. | 她也很烦人 |
[21:57] | I’ve made my point. | 我已经阐明我的观点了 谢谢观赏 |