时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Well, first of all, Michael and Geoffrey are so cute. | 首先,麦克和杰佛瑞非常可爱 |
[00:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:07] | They’re very friendly and helpful and all the kids love them. | 他们很友好,乐于助人 小朋友们都很喜欢他们 |
[00:11] | – I love them. – Oh, thank you. | -我也爱他们 -噢,谢谢 |
[00:13] | They are very special, and they’re so excited about | 他们很特别。即将在冬季音乐会上 |
[00:16] | doing their comedy routine at the winter concert. | 表演相声让他们非常兴奋 |
[00:19] | It’s so cute. You must be very proud. | 真是太可爱了!你们一定会很骄傲的 |
[00:21] | – Oh, yeah. – Winter concert? | -没错 -冬季音乐会? |
[00:23] | Yeah, Ray. You know about that. | 是啊,雷,你知道的啊 |
[00:25] | Yeah, I know about that. I just can’t believe it’s winter already. | 我是知道,我只是惊奇冬天这么快就到了 |
[00:30] | He’s been practicing their routine with them. | 他帮他们排练节目 |
[00:33] | He’s this totally-involved dad. | 他是个完全投入的爸爸 |
[00:35] | Yeah, and if you need any help telling them apart, | 没错,要是你想让我帮助你区分他们 |
[00:37] | I’m your guy. | 只要吭一声就行了 |
[00:39] | Well, actually, it’s gotten easier. | 事实上,这越来越容易了 |
[00:41] | But there are some differences. | 他们有些地方很不同 |
[00:43] | You start seeing it around the eyes. | 从眼睛周围开始看 |
[00:45] | Sure, that and then there are some other diff… | 当然了,还有一些别的不同…… |
[00:47] | Well, let’s see. | 你看 |
[00:49] | These are the pre-K assessment forms. | 这张是PRE-K(学前班)的评估表 |
[00:52] | And here are some numbers, | 这里有一些数字 |
[00:54] | and they both know their numbers, but they each got the nine wrong. | 他们能说出别的数字,但是都把9说错了 |
[00:57] | They said it was a six. That’s a common error. | 他们说这是6,当然这个错误很常见 |
[00:59] | But I guess if you showed it to them | 我想你可能是这样 |
[01:02] | like this, right? I mean, it could have been upside down. | 给他们看的,是不是? 这样看起来就颠倒了 |
[01:06] | Uh, no, we show it to them like this. | 呃,不是的,我们是这样给他们看的 |
[01:09] | – Oh. – Don’t worry. | -噢 -别担心 |
[01:11] | – It’s a common… – Common, it’s a common error. | -这是个很常见的…… -很常见的,这是个很常见的错误 |
[01:16] | And here are some letters and they both know all their letters. | 这里还有一些字母,他们都能正确辨认出来 |
[01:20] | I do that with them every day. | 我每天都教他们 |
[01:21] | # A-B-C-D… # You know that song. | # A-B-C-D… #,你知道这首歌吧 |
[01:26] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[01:30] | Something bad is coming. | 我有不好的预感 |
[01:34] | – Am I right? – No no, not at all. | -我说得对吗? -不,不,当然不是 |
[01:37] | Let’s just, um… well, here. | 只是……呃……,看这里 |
[01:39] | This is a test where the child is asked to cut with scissors on the line. | 这是个测试,要求孩子们用剪刀剪纸 |
[01:42] | – So here’s Geoffrey. – That’s pretty good there. | -这是杰佛瑞剪的 -剪得很不错 |
[01:47] | And Michael. | 这是麦克的 |
[01:57] | Michael just needs to work on this skill a little. | 麦克只是需要稍微多加练习 |
[01:59] | A little? What, did he chew the paper? | 稍微?看看,他简直是在啃纸头! |
[02:05] | Michael just doesn’t know how to hold the scissors properly | 麦克只是不懂怎样正确地拿剪刀 |
[02:07] | and he seems a little reluctant to try. | 而且他好像不太喜欢剪纸 |
[02:09] | So why do you think that is? | 你们怎么认为? |
[02:11] | – Is he stupid? You should tell us. – Yeah. | -他是不是低能?你要实话告诉我们 -是啊 |
[02:13] | No no, not at all. | 不,当然不是 |
[02:16] | This kind of thing is just a sign of slight immaturity, | 这类现象只是晚熟的一种表现 |
[02:19] | that’s all. Michael might be just a little young for his age. | 没什么大不了的,麦克不过是有点晚熟 |
[02:22] | But they’re supposed to be identical. | 但他们两个应该是一样的啊 |
[02:25] | Is that it? Is it just the scissor thing? | 不是吗?只有剪纸是这样吗? |
[02:29] | Well, let’s see. Here’s some shapes… where they draw shapes. | 再看看这个,让他们画形状 |
[02:32] | So here’s Geoffrey and here’s Michael. | 这是杰佛瑞画的,这是麦克画的 |
[02:41] | And let’s see… | 再看…… |
[02:46] | Then they were supposed to draw pictures of themselves. | 这是他们画的自画像 |
[02:49] | So here’s Geoffrey. Here’s Michael. | 这是杰佛瑞的,这是麦克的 |
[02:57] | At first he didn’t want to draw, | 一开始他不愿意画, |
[02:58] | but then I talked him through it. | 是我劝他才画的 |
[03:00] | It just lacks a little detail. | 只不过缺了点细节 |
[03:05] | That’s a nose? What the hell? | 这是鼻子?搞什么鬼啊 |
[03:09] | You know, boys are just a little slower to develop than girls. | 男孩一般都要比女孩晚熟一点 |
[03:13] | But Geoffrey’s developing on schedule. | 杰佛瑞的发育是正常的 |
[03:16] | Oh boy, my father’s gonna love that. | 这下我爸爸可高兴了 |
[03:19] | What? Shut up. | 怎么?闭嘴! |
[03:23] | – Excuse me? – Nothing. | -怎么了? -没什么 |
[03:25] | My father thinks that Geoffrey has | 我爸爸觉得杰佛瑞 |
[03:27] | homosexual tendencies. | 有点同性恋倾向 |
[03:35] | Don’t worry about what he thinks. | 别管他怎么想了, |
[03:37] | He’s still not sure about me. | 他现在对我还有点怀疑呢 |
[03:47] | Well, in my opinion, | 好吧,在我看来 |
[03:48] | MichaeI’s only slightly behind the other children, | 麦克只是比同龄的孩子稍微落后了一点 |
[03:51] | and I’m sure he’ll be fine to move on to kindergarten. | 我肯定他到了幼儿园就会好起来的 |
[03:55] | But there’s a question? | 他可以升幼儿园? |
[03:57] | Oh, not with me, but the kindergarten teacher Rita | 噢,当然了。幼儿园的老师瑞塔 |
[04:00] | will come down and make her own evaluation. | 会过来亲自做评估的 |
[04:02] | So Michael might have to stay in preschool for one more year? | 这么说麦克要再在学前班呆一年了? |
[04:06] | It happens sometimes. It’s better if it happens in preschool | 这是有可能的,而且发生 在学前班也比较合适, |
[04:09] | because there’s no shame in repeating at this age. | 因为在他们这个年龄, 不会对留级感到羞耻 |
[04:11] | Sure, right. But this kindergarten lady Rita, | 没错,但是这个幼儿园的瑞塔 |
[04:14] | she’ll make the call? | 是她说了算吗? |
[04:16] | – Yes. – Is she tough? | -是的 -她难搞吗? |
[04:21] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[04:22] | You know… | 唔…… |
[04:27] | You really gotta leave him back? | 你真的打算让他留级? |
[04:29] | I mean, what about that other kid I saw, | 那我看到的别的孩子怎么办? |
[04:31] | the one licking the blackboard? | 那个舔黑板的? |
[04:37] | Ray, it’s not a competition. | 雷,这不是比赛 |
[04:40] | You know, my biggest concern is splitting up the boys, | 要知道,我最拿手的好戏就是区分他们 |
[04:44] | because they’re so close. | 就因为他们一模一样 |
[04:45] | Well, I thought of that. If it comes down to it, | 我想过这个,所以还有一个办法 |
[04:48] | they could both stay in pre-K one more term. | 他们可以一起在学前班多呆一个学期 |
[04:50] | Again, they’re on the younger side | 再声明一下,他们还小 |
[04:52] | and moving forward at this age isn’t crucial. | 在这个年龄,好好坏坏都不重要 |
[04:54] | I don’t know. Maybe that would be best? | 我不知道,可能这是最好的选择吧 |
[04:57] | – Yeah. – What do you think? | -是的 -你觉得呢? |
[04:59] | Is the boardlicker moving up? | 那个舔黑板的能升级吗? |
[05:09] | Oh, did you do that yourself? | 噢,是你自己画的吗? |
[05:14] | They’re coming! | 他们来了!。 |
[05:53] | Michael, like this, like this. | 麦克,这样,这样 |
[05:56] | Come on, like this. | 加油,这样 |
[05:58] | – I can’t. – You… don’t give up. | -我不会 -不能放弃! |
[06:02] | – How’s it goin’? – Shh. | -进行得怎么样? -嘘~ |
[06:04] | Yes, you can, Michael. You can. | 你能行的,麦克,你能行! |
[06:06] | There you go. See? Now you’re holding it. | 没错,就是这样拿 |
[06:09] | That’s it. You’re holding it. Okay, now let’s cut. | 你已经拿好了,现在开始剪 |
[06:12] | – I don’t want to. – Well, sure you do. | -我不想剪 -你不会不想的 |
[06:14] | This is gonna help you get a good job some day. | 这样你以后才会有好工作 |
[06:17] | Come on, and let me tell you something, | 来吧,我告诉你 |
[06:20] | all the millionaires know how to cut paper. | 所有的百万富翁都懂得怎么剪纸 |
[06:23] | Okay, just cut a straight line. Go ahead, go ahead. Cut. | 好了,沿着直线剪,加油 |
[06:26] | No, straight… Go straight. | 不对,沿着直线剪……剪直了 |
[06:28] | Go straight. Go straight, Mike! | 剪直了,剪直了,麦克! |
[06:30] | Stop, stop. Slow down. | 停,停!慢一点 |
[06:31] | Stop. Go straight across. | 快停下,沿着直线剪! |
[06:33] | Okay, no no no no no! | 好了,不,不! |
[06:36] | Okay, hey hey hey. Maybe this isn’t a good idea. | 嘿,这样不是好办法 |
[06:38] | – He doesn’t… No! – It’s okay, Ray. | -他不会……不! -行了,雷 |
[06:40] | – No! – It’s okay. | -不! -没事的 |
[06:42] | I think it’s better if he doesn’t associate cutting paper | 我觉得还是不要勉强他剪纸比较好 |
[06:45] | with you foaming at the mouth. | 尤其是你唾沫星子乱飞的时候 |
[06:48] | Why don’t you just help him with his comedy routine? | 你干嘛不帮他排练相声? |
[06:50] | Yeah, great great great. That’s a future. | 没错,好极了。这就是他们的将来 |
[06:53] | Hey, funny boys! | 嘿,滑稽鬼~ |
[06:55] | Put on these chicken heads and hand out these coupons. | 快带上小鸡头套发优惠券去 |
[06:59] | Don’t worry, Michael. We cut ’em out for you already. | 别担心,麦克。 我们不会让你这样下去的 |
[07:03] | – Hey. – Hey, Robert. | -嘿 -嘿,罗伯特 |
[07:05] | All right, Mike. Go upstairs and here, practice cutting. | 好了,麦克 上楼去继续剪纸 |
[07:08] | Take the scissors. Go. Run. | 拿上剪刀,去吧,快去 |
[07:10] | No, don’t run! Don’t run! | 别跑!慢点 |
[07:13] | Idiot. | 白痴 |
[07:18] | This is how Michael cuts paper. | 这是麦克剪的纸 |
[07:20] | So we hate him now? | 我们现在讨厌他了? |
[07:25] | He needs to work on his fine motor skills a little. | 他需要多多开发潜力 |
[07:27] | They’re thinking of keeping him in pre-K one more year. | 他们想让他在学前班多呆一年 |
[07:30] | Really? Interesting. | 真的?有意思 |
[07:34] | – Why is that interesting? – Oh, nothing. | -什么有意思? -噢,没什么 |
[07:38] | – Do you got any donuts? – Don’t give him any! | -你们有甜甜圈吗? -别给他! |
[07:40] | – He already had two! – I still have coffee left! | -他已经吃了两个了! -但咖啡还有剩的。 |
[07:42] | You refilled that coffee so you could have more donuts. | 那是你后来加的,为了多吃几个甜甜圈 |
[07:46] | So she ate them! | 所以你全吃光了 |
[07:47] | That’s right because two donuts are enough! | 没错,两个甜甜圈足够了 |
[07:50] | – Well, how many did you have? – Why do you change the subject? | -那你自己又吃了几个? -你干嘛要偷换主题? |
[07:53] | Wait a minute, | wait a minute, wait a minute. 等一下 |
[07:56] | I know what to do. | I know what to do. Get out! 我知道怎么办了,我来解决:给我出去! |
[08:02] | What’s the matter, dear? | 怎么了?亲爱的 |
[08:03] | Michael might get left back in preschool. | 麦克要在学前班留级了 |
[08:05] | – What? – Oh, interesting. | -什么? -噢,有意思 |
[08:10] | What? What’s so interesting? | 到底怎么了?什么有意思? |
[08:11] | What, is he stupid? | 怎么,他是低能? |
[08:14] | Nobody’s stupid, Frank. | 没人是低能,弗兰克 |
[08:16] | MichaeI’s a little young for the class. | 麦克比其他孩子嫩了点 |
[08:18] | And besides, girls mature faster than boys. | 再说,女孩比男孩早熟 |
[08:20] | Oh, so I guess Geoffrey’s fine then. | 那我猜杰佛瑞应该没事 |
[08:23] | Yeah, all right. | 是啊,没错 |
[08:27] | Stop it, Frank. | 够了,弗兰克 |
[08:28] | Raymond’s upset. It’s okay, dear. It’s just preschool. | 雷蒙德够难过的了 没事的,亲爱的,只不过是学前班 |
[08:33] | That’s what I told him. And if he has to stay, Geoffrey will stay with him. | 我也是这么告诉他的, 而且杰佛瑞也会跟他一起留下 |
[08:36] | – Oh, that’s good. – No no no! | -噢,那太好了 -不,不 |
[08:39] | Why not, Frank? | 为什么不?弗兰克 |
[08:40] | Law of nature, you get left behind, you get eaten. | 这是自然法则,落后就要挨打 |
[08:43] | You’re too soft on the kids. | 你对孩子太心软了 |
[08:46] | You gotta push ’em, push ’em forward. | 你应该不断地把他们往前推 |
[08:49] | Just keep pushing ’em! | 不断地推 |
[08:53] | Until when, Frank? | 要推到什么时候?弗兰克 |
[08:54] | Until they cry. | 直到他们哭泣 |
[08:58] | That’s nature’s way of letting you know you’ve pushed enough. | 这样你才能明白你做得够不够狠 |
[09:07] | Here’s a man they let have two children. | 老天爷居然让这种人生了两个孩子 |
[09:12] | Raymond, don’t worry about the boys. | 雷蒙德,别为孩子们担心 |
[09:14] | They’re beautiful sweet boys. | 他们都是那么漂亮可爱 |
[09:17] | They’re gonna fly away soon enough. | 不远的将来就会展翅高飞了 |
[09:19] | Yeah, all right, Ma, look, | 是啊,妈,看 |
[09:21] | I want them to move up to kindergarten | 我希望他们和别的孩子一样 |
[09:23] | and be with the other children. | 升入幼儿园 |
[09:24] | Other children are overrated. | 别的孩子都评估得过高了 |
[09:28] | But it won’t hurt Michael and Geoffrey | 而且在幼儿时期多逗留一年 |
[09:31] | to stay little one more year. | 对麦克和杰佛瑞没什么坏处 |
[09:34] | You know, that’s what I did with you. | 我以前也是这么对你的 |
[09:40] | – What? – It’s funny. | -什么? -有意思 |
[09:45] | I never told you this, but when you were the twins’ age… | 我以前没告诉过你, 你跟双胞胎一样大的时候, |
[09:48] | do you remember a nursery school that used to be on “J” Street | 你还记得以前在J街上的托儿所吗? |
[09:51] | with the pretty yellow flowers out front? | 门口还有漂亮的小黄花 |
[09:53] | Well, you and I would walk there and back together every morning. | 每天早上,你和我一起进进出出 |
[09:58] | You were so cute holding my hand. | 你拉着我的手,那么可爱 |
[10:00] | So when it came time for you to go to kindergarten | 所以当你必须乘坐巴士穿过镇子 |
[10:03] | which was across town with the bus, | 去上幼儿园的时候, |
[10:05] | I decided it would be nice for everybody | 我决定让你在学前班多呆一年, |
[10:07] | if you stayed in preschool one more year. | 这样对大家都有好处 |
[10:14] | You left me back? | 你故意让我留级? |
[10:17] | Left back for love. | 因为爱才让你留级 |
[10:22] | That and you were slow. | 还有你反应比较迟钝 |
[10:24] | I remember you couldn’t even cut paper. | 我还记得你连剪纸都不会 |
[10:30] | Hee hee. | 嘿嘿 |
[10:34] | – Frank! – Wait. What? | -弗兰克 -等等,怎么了? |
[10:36] | What was wrong with me? | 我到底怎么了? |
[10:38] | Nothing, sweetie. | 没什么,宝贝 |
[10:40] | You were just a little young too. | 你也只不过有点嫩 |
[10:42] | So you stayed there one more year, | 所以你在那里多呆了一年, |
[10:44] | and we got to walk by the yellow flowers some more. | 我们才有更多走过小黄花的好时光 |
[10:56] | That’s why I was always the oldest in my class. | 难怪我总是班里最老的 |
[11:00] | Yellow flowers. | 小黄花 |
[11:05] | – You knew! – No. | -你早就知道了! -不! |
[11:07] | Yes, of course you did. That’s what was so interesting. | 你肯定知道,所以你才会说有意思 |
[11:10] | – Okay, I knew. – Why didn’t you tell me? | -好吧,我早就知道了 -你干嘛不告诉我? |
[11:13] | – I don’t know. – You tell your brother this! | -我也不知道 -你应该告诉你兄弟的! |
[11:15] | – I couldn’t. – Why? | -我不能 -为什么? |
[11:16] | – Because. – Because why? | -因为…… -因为什么? |
[11:17] | Because I felt sorry for you. | 因为我为你感到遗憾 |
[11:21] | You… felt sorry for me? | 你……为我感到遗憾? |
[11:24] | You felt sorry for me? | 你为我感到遗憾? |
[11:30] | Ray, it was just pre… | 雷,只不过是学前…… |
[11:37] | I was just… | 我只是…… |
[11:42] | Uh… | 呃…… |
[11:48] | Maybe I should have waited another year to tell him. | 也许我该再晚一些告诉他的 |
[12:02] | Deb? | 黛博? |
[12:05] | Deb? | 黛博? |
[12:16] | Ow! | 噢! |
[12:19] | – Hey! – What’s up? | -嘿! -什么事? |
[12:23] | – What are you doing? – Am I stupid? | -你在干吗? -我是傻子吗? |
[12:27] | If this is your new way of asking for sex, then yes. | 如果这是你想要做爱的新伎俩, 回答是肯定的 |
[12:35] | Come on, don’t you see? | 难道你没发现吗? |
[12:37] | That’s what I passed on to Michael. | 麦克是遗传了我的基因 |
[12:39] | – That’s my legacy, the dumbness. – No no. | -都是我的遗传,笨蛋基因 -不,不 |
[12:42] | You’ve passed on other things. | 你遗传了别的东西 |
[12:48] | Your lack of tushy. | 你的扁屁股 |
[12:53] | Ha ha, yeah, very funny. | 哈哈,真好笑! |
[12:54] | You have a stupid kid. You don’t even care. | 你有个傻孩子,而你根本不在意 |
[12:57] | He is not stupid! | 他不傻! |
[12:58] | Then why isn’t he the same as Geoffrey? | 那他为什么和杰佛瑞不一样? |
[13:01] | Can’t even get good twins anymore. | 我再也不能说“一对好双胞胎”了 |
[13:05] | Why don’t you think of it this way, okay? | 你干嘛不换个角度想想? |
[13:07] | Michael is the way the twins should be | 麦克是比较正常的 |
[13:10] | and Geoffrey’s exceptional. | 而杰佛瑞超常了 |
[13:13] | Geoffrey’s your favorite. | 你总是偏爱杰佛瑞 |
[13:16] | – You’re kidding now. – Admit it. | -你开玩笑吧? -承认吧 |
[13:19] | You’ve always liked Geoffrey better and that’s why MichaeI’s goofy. | 你总是对杰佛瑞更好,所以麦克才会呆呆的 |
[13:23] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[13:28] | Maybe if you were around a little more, | 如果你多关心麦克一点 |
[13:31] | Michael could cut paper. | 他就会剪纸了 |
[13:33] | Aha! | 啊哈! |
[13:35] | I knew it was right there under the surface. | 我就知道这里面有问题 |
[13:38] | Right, so I should go to work and raise the kids, right? | 这么说我应该一边工作一边照看孩子? |
[13:41] | It should be all me, yeah. And what do you do all day… I’m sorry. | 都应该我来做!你一天到晚究竟在干嘛…… 对不起! |
[13:52] | – Excuse me? – I’m sorry. | -再说一遍? -对不起 |
[13:54] | – That’s right, you’re sorry. – That’s right, I’m sorry. | -没错,你对不起我 -是的,对不起 |
[13:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:59] | Look, I just… I want the kids | 听着,我只是希望孩子们 |
[14:02] | to be just like everybody else. | 跟别的孩子一样 |
[14:04] | – They are. – No. | -他们就是啊 -不 |
[14:06] | No, they should move up and go to kindergarten | 他们应该升级进入幼儿园 |
[14:09] | and be with their friends and keep up with the boardlickers. | 跟那个舔黑板的家伙一起成为朋友 |
[14:15] | And how about this? | 还有, |
[14:17] | What if one day Geoffrey finds out that he’s the smarter one? | 万一哪天杰佛瑞发现自己比较聪明怎么办? |
[14:20] | He’ll never let Michael live it down. He’ll gloat. | 他会抢麦克的风头,沾沾自喜 |
[14:23] | Just like Robert’s gonna do to me now. | 就像罗伯特现在对我一样 |
[14:25] | He’s gonna gloat. He’s gonna gloat all over me. | 他会踩扁我,在我头上作威作福 |
[14:29] | Ray, it’s preschool, | 雷,只不过学前班罢了! |
[14:31] | and if they have to stay behind, | 就算他们要留级 |
[14:33] | it’ll be because that’s what’s best for them, right? | 也是因为这样对他们更有益,不是吗? |
[14:37] | Isn’t the most important thing that they’re healthy and happy? | 毕竟健康快乐才是最重要的 |
[14:42] | You don’t care about either one of them, do you? | 你对他们两个都不在乎,是不是? |
[14:49] | All right, good news. | 好消息 |
[14:52] | I went down to that school | 我去了学校 |
[14:53] | and had a little visit with the kindergarten broad. | 拜访了一下那个幼儿园的女人 |
[14:58] | – What? – That’s right. | -什么? -没错 |
[15:00] | I schmoozed her. | 我跟她聊了聊 |
[15:02] | Hey, she’s a human being… | 嘿,她毕竟是个人 |
[15:04] | and a woman. | 而且还是女人 |
[15:06] | – Oh no. – And being a woman, | -噢,不 -作为一个女人 |
[15:09] | she’s a sucker for the old look-how-many-photos-of-the-children- | 她完全抵抗不了…… |
[15:13] | Grandpa-has- in-his-wallet bit. | “钱包里装着很多孩子照片的爷爷”的进攻 |
[15:15] | “Oh, look! They’re so adorable! | “噢,看哪!他们多可爱!” |
[15:18] | And what a charming grandpa. | 爷爷也那么有魅力 |
[15:21] | And what a distinguished-looking forehead!” | 还有多么显眼的额头! |
[15:25] | – She said that? – I paraphrase. | -她这么说了? -我想象的 |
[15:29] | Anyway, the real reason for the bit | 当然,这么做的真正目的 |
[15:31] | is to accidentally allow a peak of the wallet being extra full. | 是让她不经意地瞥见钱包里满满的钞票 |
[15:35] | Oh God. | 天哪 |
[15:40] | She didn’t give me a definite answer about Mikey, | 对于麦克她没给我明确的答复 |
[15:43] | but I saw her eyes light up. | 但我看见她的眼睛发亮了 |
[15:45] | You know, those teachers don’t make squat. | 要知道,老师们一般不轻易低头 |
[15:53] | I always told you we should have a trapdoor right there. | 我早跟你说过,我们应该 在这里开一个地洞 |
[16:02] | What, now you’re mad? | 怎么,你们生气了? |
[16:04] | I don’t get you two! | 我真不理解你们两个! |
[16:06] | I’m thinking of the kid. | 我都是为孩子着想 |
[16:08] | You know, we thought that leaving little Raymond back | 我们认为让小雷蒙德留级 |
[16:12] | didn’t hurt him any, but who the crap knows? | 没什么坏处,但是事实究竟怎样, 见鬼地谁知道? |
[16:15] | You could have been a year ahead in your life right now. | 你本来可以让你的生命节奏加快1年的 |
[16:19] | That car you’re saving up for? | 你现在在存钱买车吧? |
[16:20] | You could be driving that today. | 如果不留级你现在就已经开上了 |
[16:24] | You could have bought the house a year sooner, | 你也可以早一年买房子 |
[16:27] | met Debra a year sooner, | 早一年遇到黛博拉 |
[16:28] | had the kids a year sooner… | 早一年生孩子…… |
[16:30] | which if you did, by the way, | 如果这样的话, |
[16:32] | would put Michael right on track | 麦克也可以回到正轨了 |
[16:35] | and we wouldn’t have to have this conversation! | 我们现在也不用谈论这件事了 |
[16:40] | All right, just hold it, Frank. | 行了,省省吧,弗兰克 |
[16:42] | Do you wanna help the kids? | 你想帮孩子吗? |
[16:43] | Why don’t you start by setting a decent moral example? | 不如先树立一个体面的道德榜样吧 |
[16:47] | None of this matters! Do you understand? | 这些都不重要!你懂吗? |
[16:50] | They’re four. We just want them to be healthy and happy! | 他们才4岁!我们只希望他们健康快乐! |
[16:56] | Good luck on that one. | 那祝你好运吧 |
[17:00] | That’s where you get it from. | 你都是遗传了他的基因! |
[17:03] | That’s great. I’m gonna be stupid and bald. | 好极了,我会变得又蠢又秃 |
[17:12] | Hey, chuckleheads! Let’s go! | 嘿,小蠢蛋!我们走 |
[17:14] | Make the beds. Come on. | 铺好床,快点 |
[17:15] | Isn’t today the big winter concert gig? | 今天是不是冬季音乐会演出? |
[17:17] | – Yeah. | – Yeah. -是 -是 |
[17:19] | You’re excited, right? So let’s move like little excited people. | 高兴吗?走吧,高高兴兴地走 |
[17:24] | – Ray? – What? | -雷? -怎么了? |
[17:26] | Come here. | 过来 |
[17:30] | I got the call from the principal. | 我接到了校长的电话 |
[17:32] | – What, about them? – Yeah. | -什么?关于他们的? -是的 |
[17:35] | They think that Michael should stay in preschool another year. | 他们认为麦克应该在学前班再留一年 |
[17:39] | Oh. | 噢 |
[17:44] | – So then Geoffrey too? – Mmm. | -杰佛瑞也是? -嗯 |
[17:47] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[17:51] | So then, that’s okay, right? | 就这样吧,行吗? |
[17:54] | I mean, that’s what we said. | 反正我们也是这么想的 |
[17:56] | Happy and healthy. | 健康,快乐 |
[18:00] | – We still want that? – Yeah. | -你没改变主意吧? -是的 |
[18:04] | – Mm. – Yeah. | -嗯 -好吧 |
[18:06] | – You okay? – Yeah. | -你没事吧? -没事 |
[18:08] | I just thought you’d be upset. | 我还以为你会难过 |
[18:10] | No, I’m, you know, I’m… good. | 不,我……我还好 |
[18:13] | – Good. – Yeah. | -好吧 -嗯 |
[18:15] | – They’ll be fine. – Yeah. | -他们会好的 -是的 |
[18:16] | – They’ll be together. – Yeah. | -他们会在一起 -是的 |
[18:18] | No, it’s good. It’s good. | 不,这很好 |
[18:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:25] | All right, you guys, come on. | 好了,伙计们,快点 |
[18:27] | You’re the big comedy stars today. | 你们是今天的喜剧明星 |
[18:28] | – Look, Dad, I made my bed. – Yeah, Geoffrey. | -看,爸爸,我铺好床了 -好的,杰佛瑞 |
[18:31] | You did a good job! | 干得不错! |
[18:45] | Mikey, you’re doing it there. | 麦克,你也在努力干呢 |
[18:48] | Good. | 很好 |
[18:53] | Hey, Mike. Come here. | 嘿,麦克,过来 |
[18:57] | – You like your school? – Yeah. | -你喜欢学校吗? -是的 |
[19:00] | Yeah. | 好 |
[19:02] | – You like Sarah your teacher? – Yeah. | -你喜欢莎拉老师吗? -喜欢 |
[19:05] | Yeah, me too. | 我也是 |
[19:08] | How would you like to stay in her class next year? | 明年再在她的班里呆一年好不好? |
[19:12] | – Okay. – Yeah? | -好的 -真的? |
[19:14] | Good, okay. I’ll tell you what. | 很好,我跟你说 |
[19:16] | If you want to, you can, okay? | 只要你想,就一定能行,知道吗? |
[19:19] | – Okay. – Good. | -好的 -很好 |
[19:23] | Good. | 很好 |
[19:25] | Do I have to cut paper now? | 我现在非得剪纸吗? |
[19:29] | No. No. | 不,不 |
[19:33] | No. | 不用 |
[19:34] | – Unless you want to? – No. | -除非你想? -不 |
[19:38] | – Look, I have pants like Daddy. – Hmm. | -看,我跟爸爸穿一样的裤子 -嗯 |
[19:41] | Yeah, how about that? | 是啊,那又会怎样呢? |
[19:45] | Just like Daddy. | 跟爸爸一样 |
[19:51] | Come here. | 过来 |
[19:58] | # Jingle bells, jingle bells # | # 叮叮当,叮叮当 # |
[20:00] | # Jingle all the way # | # 铃儿响叮当 # |
[20:02] | # Oh, what fun it is to ride # | # 我们滑雪多快乐 # |
[20:05] | # In a one-horse open sleigh. # | # 我们坐在雪橇上 # |
[20:18] | Thanks, everybody. | 谢谢大家 |
[20:20] | And now for a very special treat, | 现在特别为大家献上, |
[20:22] | the comedy team of Michael and Geoffrey Barone! | 相声二人组:麦克和杰佛瑞・巴龙 |
[20:32] | Hello, Michael. I just flew in from Cleveland. | 你好,麦克,我刚从克里夫兰市飞来 |
[20:38] | And your arms are very tired. | 你的胳膊一定累坏了 |
[20:46] | You know, I’ve been swimming since I was three. | 告诉你,我从三岁起就会游泳了, |
[20:53] | And your arms are very tired. | 那你的胳膊也一定累坏了 |
[21:07] | If you’re American in the living room, | 如果在客厅里你是美国人 |
[21:10] | what are you in the bathroom? | 那么在洗手间里你是什么人? |
[21:15] | “Yer a’peein’.” | “小便的人!”(与欧洲人近音) |
[21:25] | That one was mine. | 那是我想出来的 |
[21:35] | – Hey. – Hey, what’s up? | -嘿 -嘿,有事吗? |
[21:38] | Well, you know, I got that garden growing on my terrace over my apartment | 我家的平台上长了些植物 |
[21:42] | and I thought I’d bring you guys some plants. | 我想应该给你一些 |
[21:44] | Really? All right, good. | 真的?太好了 |
[21:46] | Yeah, I know how much you love these. | 我知道你有多么喜欢这些 |
[22:02] | Enjoy. | 好好享受 谢谢观赏 |