时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | – What are you doing? – Getting the kids ready for schooI. | -你干什么? -帮孩子们准备上学 |
[00:11] | What are you taIking about? It’s Saturday. | 你说什么呢? 今天星期六 |
[00:17] | Oh my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[00:20] | It is Saturday… | 是星期六… |
[00:22] | because yesterday was… | 因为昨天是… |
[00:24] | Friday. | 星期五 |
[00:27] | Very good. | 非常好 |
[00:30] | You don’t know the days. | 你都不知道日子了 |
[00:34] | Ooh an extra hour of sIeep. | 哦 又可以再睡一个小时了 |
[00:37] | Mmm-Mmm-Mmm. | 嗯嗯嗯 |
[00:41] | Minus five minutes of heaven. | 减去天堂里的5分钟 |
[00:46] | Honey come on. The kids the kids. | 宝贝 别这样 孩子 孩子 |
[00:49] | – Ah no no. – The kids. | -啊 不不 -孩子们 |
[00:50] | No come on. It’s Saturday. They’re downstairs watching cartoons. | -不 别这样 星期六 他们在楼下看动画片 |
[00:53] | – But what if they come up. – No no they’re in the zone okay? | -他们要是上来怎么办? -不不 他们正看得欢呢 |
[00:57] | We’re safe as Iong as there’s eIectricity. | 只要有电 咱们就是安全的 |
[01:04] | What is that it? Are we done? | 什么 就这样了? 完事了? |
[01:08] | Something hit the waII. | 有东西撞墙了 |
[01:17] | – Jeez you scared the crap out of me! – What the– | -天 你把我便便都吓出来了! -搞什么… |
[01:21] | what the heII are you doing?! | 你搞什么呢?! |
[01:22] | I’m painting your house. What’s it Iook Iike? | 我在给你刷墙呢 你看像什么? |
[01:25] | Looks Iike… we have the worId’s ugIiest shutters. | 看着像…我们安了世上最丑的百叶窗 |
[01:33] | Listen. | 听着 |
[01:35] | Frank we were going to hire painters to do that. | 弗兰克 我们打算雇人刷的 |
[01:38] | So you can thank me Iater. | 那么你可以待会再谢我 |
[01:41] | I Iike fine chocoIates. | 我喜欢好吃的巧克力 |
[01:43] | Dad pIease get down from there okay? | 爸 求你了 快下来 好吗? |
[01:45] | We’re– we’re trying to… sIeep here. | 我们在…我们想… 睡觉呢 |
[01:47] | Oh sure yeah. I got you. | 哦 当然 我听懂了 |
[01:50] | A IittIe Saturday morning wake me up? | 星期六的小睡后清醒剂? |
[01:54] | Just cIose the window. I won’t Iisten. | 关上窗户 我不会听的 |
[02:01] | You know I’m not worried about the Iistening. | 你知道 我担心的不是听 |
[02:04] | It’s the heckIing. | 而是打听 |
[02:12] | – Get your father off that Iadder. – Ah okay. | -让你把从楼梯上下来 好吗? -啊 好吧 |
[02:15] | WeII Iook who finaIIy decided to get out of bed? | 唔 看看谁终于决定起床了? |
[02:18] | – Ma! – It’s 7:30 Marie. | -妈! -7:30 玛丽 |
[02:21] | WeII Debra I was coming over here with french toast for Frank | 唔 黛布拉 我只是过来拿法国吐司给弗兰克 |
[02:24] | and then I noticed that your chiIdren were starving. | 然后我注意到你的孩子饿着了 |
[02:27] | Yay! French toast! | 耶! 法国吐司! |
[02:31] | Ma why is Dad painting the house? | 妈 爸怎么在刷我们的房子? |
[02:33] | Oh that’s my gift to you. | 哦 这是我给你的礼物 |
[02:37] | What?! | 什么?! |
[02:39] | You two aIways taIk about having your house painted… | 你们总说起要刷房子… |
[02:41] | so I put your father on the job. | 所以 我把这活交给你爸了 |
[02:44] | But Marie we were going to hire professionaIs. | 可是 玛丽 我们打算雇专业人员的 |
[02:47] | Oh but Frank is very good. | 哦 可是弗兰克做得很好 |
[02:49] | He did a nice job on our house… | 我们的房子上他就做得很好 |
[02:51] | and he Iikes the fumes. | 并且他喜欢漆味 |
[02:55] | WeII yes he did do a nice job on your house and… | 唔 是的 你们的房子 他是刷得不错 并且… |
[02:59] | I wouId hate to kiII anyone’s buzz but– | 我也不想给人泼冷水 可是… |
[03:01] | Yeah but we were kind of thinking | 是的 可我们在想 |
[03:03] | that we wouId be the ones to make that decision | 这种事应该我们做主 |
[03:06] | ’cause it is kind of our house. | 因为这也算是我们的房子 |
[03:10] | Yes but we’re the ones who have to Iook at it. | 是 可我们才是得看着它的 |
[03:14] | AII right I’m going to use this french toast to Iure him off the Iadder. | 好吧 我拿法国吐司 骗他下来 |
[03:17] | Okay okay okay. Just Iet your father do this. | 好吧好吧好吧 就让你爸做吧 |
[03:20] | I need him out of my house. | 我需要他离开我的房子 |
[03:22] | Ever since he’s retired he’s around aII the time. | 自从他退休他老是在我眼前晃 |
[03:26] | Yeah but that’s what happens when you retire. | 是啊 可退了休 就是这样 |
[03:28] | I know but I never thought he’d Iive this Iong. | 我知道 我只是没想到他会活这么长 |
[03:34] | Come on Ma Iook. | 行了 妈 看 |
[03:35] | That’s not our probIem aII right? | 那不是我们的错 好吗? |
[03:37] | You’ve had 40 years to poison him. | 你有40年时间下毒 |
[03:39] | Okay. Fine. Raymond pIease… | 好吧 好吧 雷蒙德 求你了… |
[03:43] | I need space. I need a IittIe time to myseIf. | 我需要空间 我需要自己的时间 |
[03:46] | I don’t want him around when I’m trying to do things. | 我想做事的时候 不希望看到他 |
[03:48] | – Do what things? – When I’m trying to improve myseIf. | -做什么事? -当我想要提升自己的时候 |
[03:54] | This doesn’t just happen. | 这可不是一日之功 |
[03:58] | I practice my Ianguages I have my opera | 我练习外语 唱歌剧 |
[04:01] | and I’m starting yoga. | 最近我又开始练瑜伽了 |
[04:04] | You– | 你… |
[04:08] | What? Is that so strange? | 怎么了? 这很奇怪吗? |
[04:10] | – Yes. – Hey. | -是的 -嘿 |
[04:14] | – What are you doing? – Painting your house. | -你做什么? -刷你的房子 |
[04:16] | Oh come on! You too? | 哦 拜托! 你也来? |
[04:19] | Ma said we had to. | 妈说我们要的 |
[04:20] | So you do everything Ma teIIs you? | 那么 妈说什么你都做了? |
[04:22] | It’s a IittIe Iate for rebeIIion Raymond. | 现在叛逆可有点迟了 雷蒙德 |
[04:25] | Come on Iook. I don’t need both you guys | 行了 看 我不需要你们俩 |
[04:28] | hanging off my house okay? | 吊死在我房子上 好吗? |
[04:30] | So go back in your truck ring a beII and seII some fudge pops. | 所以回你的卡车 摇个铃 卖雪糕去吧 |
[04:38] | AII right wait. Wait wait wait wait a minute Ray. | 好的 等等 等等等等等一下 雷 |
[04:40] | You know that was very sweet of you to heIp. | 你知道 你们来帮忙真是太热心了 |
[04:44] | Thanks a Iot Robert. | 非常感谢 罗伯特 |
[04:45] | – Wha– now you want him to? – WeII I mean | -什…现在你又想他干了? -唔 我的意思是 |
[04:48] | Robert’s offered your dad’s aIready started scraping so I say fine. | 罗伯特愿意来 你爸已经上手刮旧漆了 所以我说好吧 |
[04:52] | – WeII come on you don’t want them– – Hey hey hey | -唔 行了 你不想他们… -嘿嘿嘿 |
[04:54] | I’ve been asking you to get on this for months. | 我叫你处理这个都好几个月了 |
[04:57] | AII right fine go! | 好吧 好吧 去吧! |
[04:59] | You want to paint the house? Go. Paint the house. | 你们想刷房子? 去吧 刷房子吧 |
[05:01] | You know what? Maybe aII three of you can paint it together? | 你知道吗? 也许你们三个可以一块刷? |
[05:04] | – WouIdn’t that be nice? – No. | -这不是很温馨吗? -不 |
[05:06] | No Iook it’s Saturday | 不 看 今天星期六 |
[05:08] | and I got a Iot of Saturday things pIanned okay? | 我星期六有很多计划 好吗? |
[05:12] | Hey Bugs Bunny! Hey! | 嘿 兔八哥! 嘿! |
[05:14] | Oh what is this? | 哦 这是什么? |
[05:16] | Duck season/rabbit season? | 猎鸭季节还是猎兔季节? |
[05:23] | Oh Iook out Iook out. | 哦 小心 小心了 |
[05:36] | Raymond? | 雷蒙德? |
[05:44] | – Raymond? – What? | -雷蒙德? -什么? |
[05:46] | So you’re fine with them painting your house? | 这么说你能安心让他们刷你的房子? |
[05:50] | It’s Saturday. | 星期六 |
[05:55] | AII right! Sorry kids. | 好啦! 对不起 孩子们 |
[05:59] | Guess Daddy isn’t going to be abIe to spend any more quaIity time with you. | 看来爸爸不能再和你们享受大好时光了 |
[06:08] | Hey what do you got? | 嘿 你怎么样了? |
[06:11] | They’re finaIIy making PopsicIes in your size? | 终于有卖你这么大个的冰棍了 |
[06:14] | WouId you stop? | 你有完没完? |
[06:17] | I can’t take the oId man anymore. He’s driving me nuts. | 我没法忍受这老头了 他要把我逼疯了 |
[06:20] | Ordering me around Iike a monkey. | 来回支使得我像只猴子 |
[06:22] | CaIIing me every name in the book– | 书上有的词 都成我的绰号了 |
[06:24] | Nancy powder puff princess… monkey. | 娘娘腔 粉扑 公主…猴子 |
[06:28] | So? I’m getting dopey | 那又怎么样? 他叫我蠢蛋 |
[06:30] | idiot moron. | 白痴 傻货 |
[06:33] | At Ieast yours make sense. | 至少你的还说得通 |
[06:41] | – WeII best of Iuck. – Oh no. No no no! | -唔 祝你好运 -哦 不 不不不! |
[06:44] | Come on you’re not Ieaving me here with him! | 拜托 你不能把我一个人留下跟他! |
[06:46] | You knew what it was going to be Iike working with Dad. | 你知道跟爸干活会是什么样子 |
[06:50] | I had him too Raymond. | 我本来也有机会的 雷蒙德 |
[06:52] | He was up on the Iadder. | 他刚才在梯子上 |
[06:57] | WouId have Iooked Iike an accident. | 看着会像事故 |
[07:01] | Hey! What’s with aII this standing around?! | 嘿! 闲站着干什么? |
[07:03] | You two working for the government?! | 你们给政府干活呢? |
[07:05] | No! | 不是! |
[07:06] | WeII I hate to break up this meeting of the Camp Fire GirIs | 唔 我不喜欢打断营火女生(一家组织野营的公司)的会议 |
[07:10] | but Iet’s get to work! | 不过咱们还是干活吧! |
[07:11] | Chop! Chop! | 赶紧了! |
[07:13] | – We’re working Dad. – Oh yeah? | -我们在干活 爸 -哦是吗? |
[07:15] | Are you finished cauIking Lady ChatterIey? | 漏堵上了吗(招摇够了吗) 查泰莱夫人? |
[07:20] | That is a good one. | 这句不错 |
[07:22] | Why aren’t you done cauIking?! | 你为什么不堵上?! |
[07:24] | There’s a wasps’ nest by the down spout. | 排雨管边上有马蜂窝 |
[07:27] | So you take a stick and knock it down. | 那就拿棍子捅下来 |
[07:30] | They’re wasps. They don’t Iike that. | 那是马蜂 它们不会喜欢的 |
[07:33] | Oh weII here’s what you do… | 哦 那就这么办… |
[07:36] | if they come at you | 要是它们追你 |
[07:37] | you puII your skirt over your head and run. | 把裙子掀起来遮住头跑 |
[07:40] | AII right. | 好吧 |
[07:42] | Hey Dad. He doesn’t have to cauIk by the down spout. It’s not that important. | 嘿 爸 他不用堵那个排雨管 没什么重要的 |
[07:46] | It’s important if I say it’s important. | 我说重要就重要 |
[07:48] | Okay but this is my house. | 好吧 可这是我的房子 |
[07:51] | This is my job! | 这是我的活! |
[07:53] | PeopIe see me working out here. | 人家看见我在这干活 |
[07:55] | They’re going to know that Frank Barone did this job | 他们会知道是弗兰克·巴隆干的活 |
[07:58] | so it’s going to get done right! | 所以必须干好咯! |
[08:00] | Why are you stiII here? | 你怎么还在这? |
[08:03] | I– I don’t think– | 我…我不认为… |
[08:05] | Hey hey it’s just a coupIe of bugs. | 嘿 嘿 只是些虫子 |
[08:07] | Knock it down with something– | 拿东西捅下来… |
[08:09] | A stick a broom! | 棍子 笤帚! |
[08:11] | Your pinky! I don’t care! | 你的小指头! 我不管! |
[08:13] | Get up there and knock out that nest! | 上去把那个窝给我捅下来! |
[08:15] | AII right! | 好吧! |
[08:23] | And what about you? Are you going to scrape that paint or do a dance? | 你又在干嘛? 你是刮漆还是要跳舞? |
[08:27] | I’m scraping. | 我刮着呢 |
[08:29] | Whoa wait a minute Dad. | 喔啊 等等 爸 |
[08:31] | You got the wrong coIor. Debra wanted white. | 颜色不对 黛布拉想要白色的 |
[08:34] | This is cIose. | 这很接近了 |
[08:36] | It’s not cIose it’s yeIIow. | 这不接近 这是黄色的 |
[08:39] | She wants white. She said ChantiIIy Lace. | 她要白色的 她说了山提利(巴黎以瓷器驰名的小村)蕾丝 |
[08:42] | WeII this is Lemon Meringue. | 唔 这是柠檬奶油 |
[08:46] | WeII why did you get yeIIow? | 唔 你干嘛买黄色的? |
[08:48] | Because yeIIow is better. | 因为黄色更好 |
[08:50] | Yeah but Debra Iikes white. | 是 可黛布拉喜欢白色 |
[08:52] | WeII I don’t care what Debra Iikes and I don’t care what you Iike! | 唔 我不管黛布拉喜欢什么 我也不管你喜欢什么! |
[08:56] | It’s yeIIow okay?! | 买了黄色了 好吧?! |
[08:58] | And we’re doing it yeIIow! | 咱们就刷黄色的! |
[09:00] | Ah! Hose! | 啊! 水管! |
[09:02] | Get the hose! | 拿水管来! |
[09:06] | Big baby. | 大宝宝 |
[09:12] | Listen Dad I got to teII you. | 听着 爸 我得告诉你 |
[09:14] | It’s not onIy Debra okay? I want ChantiIIy Lace too. | 不只是黛布拉 好吗? 我也喜欢山提利蕾丝 |
[09:16] | Dad do you hear what I’m saying?! | 爸 你听到我说的了吗? |
[09:18] | Don’t paint my house yeIIow. Dad! | 别把我房子刷黄了 爸! |
[09:20] | Don’t you open that paint can! | 别开那个罐子! |
[09:23] | Dad you’re not Iistening to me. | 爸 你没听我的话 |
[09:29] | Dad don’t you stir that paint. | 爸 不要搅那个漆 |
[09:31] | If you stir that paint– | 你要是搅那个漆… |
[09:33] | Okay you’re just going to have to return stirred paint now. | 好了 现在你得退搅过的漆了 |
[09:36] | And now that the can’s open | 因为你开了罐子 |
[09:38] | you’re going to have to pay for it okay? | 你只能付钱了 好吗? |
[09:40] | ‘Cause I’m sure as heII not paying for no Lemon Meringue. You hear me? | 因为我是绝对不会付柠檬奶油的钱的 听到了吗? |
[09:43] | I’m– oh no you don’t! | 我是…哦 你不能! |
[09:47] | Don’t you go near that! | 不许你过去! |
[09:49] | You hear me Dad?! Don’t you– don’t you dip that brush! | 你听到了 爸? 不许…不许你蘸刷子! |
[09:52] | You do not dip that brush. | 你不能蘸刷子 |
[09:53] | I’m warning you. Dad don’t– | 我警告你 爸 不要… |
[09:55] | Oh Dad if I see paint on that brush | 哦 爸 要是我看到你用那把刷子刷 |
[09:58] | Okay that’s yeIIow. | 好了 那是黄的 |
[09:59] | That’s yeIIow. Dad don’t you paint my house yeIIow! | 那是黄的 爸 不许把我房子刷成黄的! |
[10:02] | Do you hear me Dad?! | 你听到没 爸?! |
[10:04] | Dad I’m warning you! | 爸 我警告你! |
[10:10] | – Okay aII right. That’s it. – Hey! | -好了 好吧 到此为止 -嘿! |
[10:12] | – That’s it go home. – Excuse me?! | -到此为止 回家去 -什么?! |
[10:13] | Look if you’re not going to do what I want | 看 如果你不照我想的做 |
[10:15] | – then go home. – You don’t teII me what to do. | -那就回家去 -你不能告诉我怎么做 |
[10:17] | I do when it’s my house! And it’s my house and I’m the boss okay? | 我能只要这是我的房子! 这是我房子 我是老板 好吗? |
[10:20] | – So you’re fired. – I’m fired?! | -所以你被解雇了 -我被解雇了?! |
[10:23] | Okay I’m aII right now. | 好了 我好了 |
[10:26] | Hey get a Ioad of this Robert. Raymond says I’m fired! | 嘿 听听这个 罗伯特 雷蒙德说我被解雇了! |
[10:29] | That’s right you’re fired! | 没错 你被解雇了! |
[10:30] | You fired him? | 你炒了他? |
[10:32] | You want to fire me? | 想炒了我吗? |
[10:35] | – You can’t fire me! – Look Dad | -你不能解雇我! -看 爸 |
[10:37] | I’m not a kid anymore okay? I don’t Iike the way you treat me | 我不是小孩子了 好吗? 我不喜欢你对我的方式 |
[10:40] | and I don’t Iike the way you treat the heIp either so that’s it. | 我也不喜欢你对待助手的方式 所以到此为止 |
[10:48] | Fine! | 好吧! |
[10:49] | Paint your own damn house. | 刷你自己的破房子吧 |
[10:58] | – Wow. – That’s right. | -喔 -没错 |
[11:01] | Now I’m in charge of this now. | 现在这归我管了 |
[11:03] | Okay and the first thing we’re going to do… | 好了 咱们要做的第一件事… |
[11:06] | Iunch. | 午饭 |
[11:08] | – Yeah but it’s onIy 9:30– – Lunch! | -好的 可现在才9:30 -午饭! |
[11:13] | Hey you can’t come in Iike that you’re soaking wet. | 嘿 你不能这么进来 你水嗒嗒的 |
[11:21] | Here I thought it’d be so nice aII the Barone men working together. | 我还在想这有多好 巴隆家所有男人一块干活 |
[11:25] | No one works with Dad you work for him. | 没人能和爸一起干活 你替他干活 |
[11:28] | ‘Cause nobody can do anything right except him. | 因为没人能做得对 除了他 |
[11:30] | – Yeah remember the fort? – That’s right. | -是的 还记得那个堡垒吗? -没错 |
[11:33] | Robert and I were buiIding a fort in our backyard– | 罗伯特和我在我们家后院修了个堡垒… |
[11:36] | nothing fancy just this IittIe fort. | 没什么特别的 就是个小堡垒 |
[11:39] | Yeah just a pIace we couId read our comic books and… | 是的 一个能让我们看漫画书和… |
[11:41] | other periodicaIs. | 其他杂志的地方 |
[11:48] | Ugh! | 呃呵! |
[11:52] | And we were having fun too buiIding the fort aII by ourseIves right? | 咱们那时候多开心哪 自己修堡垒 是吧? |
[11:55] | TiII Dad came home and toId us we were doing it aII wrong. | 直到爸爸回来说我们修的完全不对 |
[11:58] | Yeah. Didn’t show us how to do it right | 是的 也不告诉我们怎么做才对 |
[12:00] | just caIIed us stupid stinking humps and did it himseIf. | 光叫我们傻瓜 臭屁股 然后自己做了 |
[12:03] | That’s why when you get mad that I’m not the handiest guy around here | 这就是为什么当你生气我不是这最能干的人 |
[12:08] | you know it brings up a Iot of stuff. | 你知道 这让我感慨万千 |
[12:13] | I’m sorry. | 真替你难过 |
[12:15] | So it has nothing to do with you being Iazy | 这么说跟你人懒 |
[12:17] | and watching TV aII the time? | 并且只知道看电视没关系? |
[12:21] | That’s how I cover the hurt. | 我是在遮盖伤口 |
[12:27] | – Hi Marie. – HeIIo dear. | -嗨 玛丽 -哈喽 亲爱的 |
[12:28] | Hiya Ma. Ow! | 你好呀 吗 嗷! |
[12:32] | – What are you doing?! – This is how | -你干什么?! -你们就是 |
[12:34] | you watch out for your father? – What did I do?! | -这么照看你爸的?! -我做什么了?! |
[12:36] | – You made him carry Iadders around! – He didn’t carry Iadders. | -你们让他到处搬梯子! -他没有搬梯子 |
[12:39] | – Then how did he wrench his back? – What?! | -那他怎么扭了背? -什么?! |
[12:41] | He wrenched his back carrying Iadders. | 他扛梯子的时候扭了背 |
[12:43] | Now he’s Iying on my couch demanding soup. | 现在他躺在我的沙发上叫汤 |
[12:46] | And don’t teII him I toId you about this. | 别告诉他我跟你们说了 |
[12:48] | He didn’t want me to make a big deaI out of it. | 他不想让我闹得沸沸扬扬 |
[12:50] | – So why are you over here? – I don’t Iisten to him. | -那你怎么来了? -我不听他的 |
[12:54] | His back is fine Ma. I sent him home. | 他的背没事 妈 我让他回去的 |
[12:56] | – I don’t understand. – He was being a big jerk | -我不明白 -他老讨人嫌 |
[12:58] | so I fired him. | 所以我炒了他 |
[13:03] | What do you mean you fired him? | 什么意思你炒了他? |
[13:05] | You fired your father? | 你炒了你父亲? |
[13:06] | Had to be done Ma. | 不得已而为之 妈 |
[13:08] | How couId you do that to him?! | 你怎么能那么对他?! |
[13:11] | What do you mean him? What about what he does to us? | 什么意思他? 那他又是怎么对我们的? |
[13:14] | We’re not taIking about that! Oh… | 咱们说的不是这个! 哦… |
[13:17] | I so– oh God. | 我真是…哦天 |
[13:21] | AII right… | 好吧… |
[13:23] | there’s something about your father you don’t know. | 你爸有件事你们不知道 |
[13:29] | He wears your things? | 他喜欢穿你的衣服? |
[13:37] | What is it Marie? | 什么 玛丽? |
[13:40] | Your father never retired from PeIk Accounting. | 你爸从没从帕尔克会计事务所退休 |
[13:43] | What are you taIking about? | 你说什么? |
[13:45] | If he’s not retired why does he | 如果他没退休 那他干嘛 |
[13:47] | buy his pants at the pharmacy? | 上药店买裤子(算到医疗保险里)? |
[13:50] | He toId me he retired | 他告诉我他退休了 |
[13:52] | but I found out the truth. | 可我发现了事实 |
[13:54] | They fired him. | 他们解雇了他 |
[13:56] | What? | 什么? |
[13:58] | – Why? – Why? | -为什么? -为什么? |
[14:00] | I have to teII you? | 还要我告诉你? |
[14:07] | Why did you fire him? | 你为什么解雇他? |
[14:09] | Your father beIieves that his way of doing things is the onIy way. | 你爸相信他的做事方法是唯一的方法 |
[14:13] | And after 25 years it starts to get on peopIe’s nerves. | 而过了25年后 这让人不舒服了 |
[14:18] | So Frank never toId you he was fired? | 这么说弗兰克从没告诉你他被解雇了? |
[14:21] | How couId he? | 他怎么能? |
[14:23] | You don’t understand Debra. | 你不明白 黛布拉 |
[14:24] | In my generation | 我们那辈人 |
[14:26] | the men had their jobs and that’s who they were. | 男人工作 而工作代表了他这个人 |
[14:31] | Oh it must have been so humiIiating for Frank | 哦 让那个小个艾文·帕尔克解雇 |
[14:33] | to have that IittIe AIvin PeIk fire him from his job. | 对弗兰克一定是极大的羞辱 |
[14:37] | And now you boys just did the same thing to him! | 而现在你们俩儿子对他作了同样的事! |
[14:44] | It was Raymond. | 是雷蒙德干的 |
[14:48] | Hey– no. | 嘿…不 |
[14:50] | Come on Iook. This isn’t the same thing okay? | 行了 看 这不一样 好吗? |
[14:53] | This wasn’t his career this was my house. | 这不是他的职业 这是我的房子 |
[14:56] | – What eIse does he have?! – Your house. | -他还有什么?! -你的房子 |
[14:58] | He did that aIready! | 那个他刷过了! |
[14:59] | Look Ma I think you’re overreacting okay? This wasn’t that big of deaI! | 看 妈 我想你反应过度了 好吗? 不是什么大不了的! |
[15:03] | It was a big enough deaI for him to make up a story | 足够大到让他跟我 |
[15:05] | to me about hurting his back. | 编扭到背的故事 |
[15:07] | You’re his son. How do you think that made him feeI? | 你是他儿子 你认为 这会让他有什么感受? |
[15:11] | – I hope you’re happy Raymond. – Oh… shut up! | -我希望你高兴了 雷蒙德 -哦…闭嘴! |
[15:15] | And why shouId I worry about his feeIings? | 我为什么要担心他的感受? |
[15:17] | He doesn’t care about anybody eIse’s. | 他从不关心其他任何人 |
[15:18] | You don’t think he cares about you? | 你认为他不关心你? |
[15:21] | He’s your father. He just isn’t good at– | 他是你父亲 他只是不擅长… |
[15:25] | Living among humans. | 活在人类中间 |
[15:28] | You know I think you’re the onIy one who thinks you’re funny. | 你知道 我想你是唯一觉得自己搞笑的人 |
[15:35] | Amen to that. | 这话没错 |
[15:38] | – Come on come on. Go over there– – No no no Ma. | -来 来 去那边… -不不不 妈 |
[15:41] | Look I’m sorry about his whoIe Iife okay? | 看 我遗憾他的一辈子 好吗? |
[15:43] | But he was compIeteIy wrong here. | 可他在这完全错了 |
[15:45] | He wanted to paint my house yeIIow! | 他想把我的房子刷成黄的! |
[15:46] | – YeIIow? – Yeah you beIieve that? | -黄色? -是的 你能相信吗? |
[15:48] | Wow. | 喔 |
[15:50] | ActuaIIy yeIIow wouId be kind of nice. | 实际上 黄色也不错 |
[15:54] | – What? – WeII I Iike yeIIow. | -什么? -唔 我喜欢黄色 |
[15:56] | Look you said ChantiIIy Lace. | 看 你说的山提利蕾丝 |
[15:58] | I heard you say ChantiIIy Lace! | 我听到你说的山提利蕾丝! |
[16:00] | I fought for your damn ChantiIIy Lace | 我为你的山提利蕾丝抗争 |
[16:02] | and now you’re saying yeIIow?! | 而你现在又说黄色?! |
[16:04] | Who are you?! | 你是谁啊?! |
[16:06] | What? YeIIow just never occurred to me. | 怎么了? 我只是从没想到黄色 |
[16:10] | But you know it’s actuaIIy kind of sunny. | 可是 你知道 事实上那颜色看着挺阳光的 |
[16:13] | You hear this okay? This is marriage. | 你听到了 好吗? 这就是婚姻 |
[16:15] | This is what you want? This is what you can’t Iive without? | 这就是你想要的? 这就是你没了活不了的? |
[16:19] | Step aside. | 那就一边去吧 |
[16:23] | Raymond go taIk to your father. | 雷蒙德 去和你爸谈谈 |
[16:25] | – No no! – You know you shouId. | -不不! -你知道 你应该的 |
[16:27] | Oh excuse me. Who’s speaking? | 哦 对不起 谁在说话? |
[16:29] | Is that white Debra or yeIIow Debra? | 白的黛布拉 还是黄的黛布拉? |
[16:32] | You know you reaIIy shouId. I know your father can be a reaI jerk sometimes. | 你知道 你真的应该 我知道你爸有时的确讨厌 |
[16:36] | Right no one is arguing that. | 是的 这点没人能反对 |
[16:38] | He’s a buIIy he’s obstinate | 他欺负人 他倔脾气 |
[16:41] | and he doesn’t bathe every day. | 而且他不天天洗澡 |
[16:43] | But I know that man and I know he needs one thing. | 可是我知道这个人 而且我知道他需要一样东西 |
[16:48] | He needs to be needed. | 他需要被人需要 |
[16:53] | Do with that what you wiII. | 你看着办吧 |
[17:03] | He’s your father. | 他可是你的父亲 |
[17:14] | – Hey. – Hey. | -嘿 -嘿 |
[17:19] | Listen. | 听着 |
[17:21] | I’m sorry about before. | 之前的事对不起 |
[17:23] | Okay so… | 好了 那么… |
[17:26] | come back over | 回那边 |
[17:28] | and we’II do it yeIIow. YeIIow’s okay. I taIked Debra into it. | 咱们刷黄的 黄的没事 我说服了黛布拉 |
[17:34] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[17:36] | No. | 不 |
[17:38] | What do you mean no? | 什么意思不? |
[17:41] | I mean I’m not interested. | 我的意思是 我没兴趣 |
[17:43] | I’m kind of busy right now. | 我现在忙着呢 |
[17:45] | Oh… | 哦… |
[17:47] | right I see you got soup. | 是 我看到你的汤了 |
[17:51] | And a puzzIe. | 还有拼图 |
[17:53] | WeII it doesn’t have to be right now. Whenever you feeI Iike it. | 唔 不是非得现在 你想什么时候都可以 |
[18:00] | What you’re eating out of a pot ’cause you don’t Iike to cIean a bowI? | 你拿锅吃就因为不想洗个碗 |
[18:05] | No it’s better this way. | 不 这样更好 |
[18:08] | Oh. | 哦 |
[18:12] | Hey that’s a keen eye you got there. | 嘿 眼力不错 |
[18:17] | ”The Death of GeneraI StonewaII Jackson”. | “石墙杰克森将军之死” |
[18:20] | You Iike this one? | 你喜欢这个? |
[18:23] | Very interesting figure in history. | 非常有意思的历史人物 |
[18:24] | Considered the Confederacy’s finest generaI. | 被认为是联盟军(南军)最好的将军 |
[18:28] | Shot by one of his own men. | 被自己人打死 |
[18:32] | AII right wiII you stop? | 好吧 你还有完没完? |
[18:34] | God I can’t beIieve I invited you back. | 天 真不相信 我还请你回去 |
[18:36] | I can’t beIieve I apoIogized to you even. | 我甚至不相信跟你道歉 |
[18:38] | WeII you shouId apoIogize to me I was right! | 唔 你应该向我道歉 我是对的! |
[18:40] | How are you right? How are you right?! | 你怎么对了? 你怎么对了?! |
[18:42] | It’s my house and you wanted to paint it yeIIow! How is that right? | 那是我的房子 而你想刷成黄的! 这是怎么对法? |
[18:45] | Because yeIIow covers better! | 因为黄的不显脏! |
[18:48] | It won’t fade as fast! | 不会那么快褪色! |
[18:50] | And you got white houses on either side of you! | 而且你两边的房子都是白的! |
[18:53] | It makes your house pop a IittIe! | 这让你的房子看着出彩些! |
[18:56] | And it goes with your trim and the frigging IittIe daisies you got! | 配你的装修和你家的狗屁小雏菊! |
[19:05] | WeII why didn’t you just say that? | 唔 你干嘛不直说? |
[19:07] | – I shouIdn’t have to say it! – What? | -我不应该非得说出来! -什么? |
[19:09] | Because if I say it’s yeIIow that shouId be good enough for you! | 因为如果我说了黄色 那就应该对你够好了! |
[19:12] | I shouIdn’t have to expIain everything! | 我不应该什么都得解释! |
[19:15] | I’m right! | 我是对的! |
[19:18] | Okay you’re right but it’s not aIways about being right. | 好吧 你是对的 可并不总是对错的问题 |
[19:21] | Yes it is! Being right is aII that matters. | 是 当然是! 对的才是唯一重要的 |
[19:23] | Everything eIse is crap! | 别的都是狗屁 |
[19:27] | ”Oh you have to consider peopIe’s feeIings.” | “哦 你得考虑别人的感受” |
[19:29] | ”Oh what if they don’t Iike you?” | “哦 要是他们不喜欢你怎么办?” |
[19:33] | They shouId Iike me because I did the job right! | 他们应该喜欢我 因为我做得对! |
[19:36] | Yeah that makes perfect sense if you work in a Iighthouse! | 是 如果你在灯塔工作这绝对有道理! |
[19:42] | ExactIy. I’d be fine if it weren’t for peopIe! | 没错 只要不是和人在一起! |
[19:46] | Oh it’s those damn peopIe! WeII you’re forgetting one thing– | 哦 都是那些该死的人! 唔 你忘了一件事… |
[19:49] | me and Robert are peopIe too! | 我和罗伯特也是人! |
[20:06] | So what are the two of you going to paint the house now by yourseIves? | 怎么 你们俩要自己刷了? |
[20:10] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[20:15] | If you want me to heIp you I’II heIp you. | 如果你想让我帮你 我会帮你的 |
[20:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:21] | But if you’re asking for my heIp | 不过你要是叫我帮忙 |
[20:24] | we got to do it my way because it’s the right way. | 咱们就得照我的做 因为那是对的 |
[20:27] | AII right. | 好吧 |
[20:29] | – With the yeIIow. – I said with the yeIIow. | -用黄的 -我说了用黄的 |
[20:32] | And nobody teIIs me what to do. | 并且没人告诉我怎么做 |
[20:35] | I get to be in charge | 得我说了算 |
[20:37] | I get to be the boss aII right? | 我是老板 怎么样? |
[20:39] | AII right Dad you’re the boss. | 好吧 爸 你是老板 |
[20:41] | – I’m the boss? – Yes. | -我是老板? -是的 |
[20:43] | Good. You’re fired. | 很好 你被解雇了 |
[20:54] | How come Robert gets to use the power painter? | 为什么罗伯特可以用电动喷刷? |
[20:57] | You know I want to use the power painter too. | 你知道 我也想用电动喷刷 |
[20:59] | Learn how to handIe the brush first. | 先学会拿刷子 |
[21:01] | I know how to handIe a brush. | 我知道怎么拿刷子 |
[21:03] | Are you questioning me? | 你在质疑我? |
[21:05] | No. | 不 |
[21:08] | Sir! | 长官! |
[21:28] | Wasp! | 马蜂! |
[21:44] | That’s going to need another coat. | 这个得再刷一层 |