时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | “So the lion got some cream for his chicken pox.” | “于是狮子为它的水痘 买了点雪花膏” |
[00:07] | How many more before Michael? | 还要多少个 才轮到迈克尔? |
[00:08] | Shh! | 嘘! |
[00:09] | 40 minutes already! | 都40分钟了! |
[00:11] | Quiet! | 安静! |
[00:12] | “And his mommy put the cream on, | “它妈咪替它抹上, |
[00:14] | and he felt better.” | 然后它就感觉好些了” |
[00:16] | The end. | 完 |
[00:17] | Thank you, Gracie. | 谢谢,格蕾茜 |
[00:20] | That was a wonderful and very imaginative story. | 这是个美丽和 充满想象力的故事 |
[00:23] | And now we have lan. | 现在由伊恩来讲 |
[00:25] | Oh, crap. | 哦,靠 |
[00:30] | “Escape from the Blue Planet.” | “逃离蓝色星球” |
[00:32] | Finally, science fiction. | 终于有科幻的了 |
[00:35] | “The rocket ship landed on the blue planet | “火箭飞船 在一片汪洋的 |
[00:38] | that was filled with water.” | 蓝色星球上着陆” |
[00:41] | You don’t think this is nice? | 你感觉不出来好吗? |
[00:42] | You know, they wrote these all by themselves. | 你知道,这全是他们自己写的 |
[00:44] | No kidding. | 搞笑吧你 |
[00:47] | “And the rocket got stuck, | “结果火箭困住了, |
[00:49] | but the pilot had some extra gas.” | 不过飞行员还有些多余的燃料” |
[00:52] | He’s not the only one. | 他不是一个人 |
[00:55] | “So that is how they were able to escape | “所以他们才能够逃出 |
[00:58] | from the blue planet.” | 蓝色星球” |
[01:00] | The end. | 完 |
[01:03] | Wonderful, lan, and very exciting. | 非常好,伊恩, 非常惊险 |
[01:06] | Michael? It’s your turn. | 迈克尔? 到你了 |
[01:08] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[01:09] | We go after this. | 听完这个咱们就走 |
[01:14] | “The Angry Family.” | “愤怒的一家人” |
[01:30] | “The daddy was mad at the mommy.” | “爸爸生妈妈的气” |
[01:40] | “The mommy was mad at the daddy.” | “妈妈生爸爸的气” |
[01:47] | “The mommy and daddy were very mad at the grandpa.” | “爸爸和妈妈非常生爷爷的气” |
[01:57] | “The grandma got mad at everybody.” | “奶奶生所有人的气” |
[02:01] | I did not! | 我没有! |
[02:04] | It’s wonderful. | 写得真好 |
[02:07] | “The grownups were always very loud. | “大人老是那么大声 |
[02:11] | It hurt the kids’ ears.” | 孩子们的耳朵都痛了” |
[02:14] | The end. | 完 |
[02:36] | – Let’s watch TV! – Yeah! Yay! | – 看电视啦! – 耶!耶! |
[02:38] | Let’s watch TV! | 看电视啦! |
[02:39] | Whoo! | 呜! |
[02:54] | Well, I can’t go there anymore. | 唔,我不能再上那去了 |
[02:58] | The looks I was getting… | 那些个脸色…… |
[02:59] | I’ve never gotten looks like that in my life. | 这辈子都没人 给我这样的脸色 |
[03:02] | You oughta watch me more. | 你该多看看我 |
[03:09] | How could you let Michael write something like that? | 你怎么能让迈克尔 写那种东西? |
[03:12] | We didn’t know anything about this. | 我根本不知道是这个 |
[03:14] | Eileen let the kids write whatever they wanted. | 艾琳让孩子们自由发挥 |
[03:16] | Who’s Eileen? | 谁是艾琳? |
[03:17] | The teacher. | 老师 |
[03:19] | I’m not thrilled about this, either, but, you know, | 我也不兴奋,可是, 你知道, |
[03:22] | kids should be able to express what they’re feeling. | 孩子应该有 自由抒发情感的权利 |
[03:24] | What a load of bull. | 一堆狗屎 |
[03:28] | Here’s a perfect example of your liberal, | 你的“任你做鸟做蜜蜂”的 |
[03:30] | “free to be a bird or bee” college claptrap | 大学的自由狗屁 |
[03:34] | comin’ home to bite your whole family in the ass! | 回家咬起了全家人的屁股! 这回就是很好的例子 |
[03:42] | Oh? | 哦? |
[03:43] | The whole family? | 全家人? |
[03:46] | The whole family… what am I?! | 全家人…… 那我是谁?! |
[03:48] | I wasn’t even mentioned in that book. | 我甚至没在书里提到 |
[03:52] | What, you’re insulted ’cause you weren’t insulted? | 什么,你没被羞辱 羞辱了你? |
[03:55] | I’m insulted that you have brainwashed your children | 我被羞辱是因为 你们把你们的孩子洗了脑, |
[03:58] | into thinking the only thing I’m good for | 他们以为我只有举pinata (节日里挂着的装饰容器,常为纸质, 捅破后得到里面的糖果和玩具) |
[04:00] | is to hold up a pinata. | 的时候才有用 |
[04:03] | And I don’t look like that. | 我也不喜欢 |
[04:04] | – What? – The kid’s illustrations. | – 什么? – 他的画 |
[04:06] | People are gonna think I look like that. | 人家会以为我长得那样 |
[04:08] | Okay, everyone, | 好了,各位, |
[04:09] | could we all please just go home? | 能不能都回家去? |
[04:12] | Debra’s right. We gotta talk to Michael. | 黛比拉说得对。 我们得跟迈克尔谈谈 |
[04:14] | You gonna punish him? I want input. | 你要处罚他? 算我一份 |
[04:16] | All right, come on, come on. | 好了,快点,快走吧 |
[04:17] | Nobody’s punishing anyone. | 没人要处罚任何人 |
[04:19] | Of course not. God forbid someone’s feelings should get hurt. | 当然不了。 千万别伤了某人的感情 |
[04:22] | Well, my feelings are hurt. | 唔,我的感情可受了伤 |
[04:24] | Mine, too! Nobody cares! | 我的也是! 没人在乎! |
[04:26] | I’m writing my own book. | 我也要写书 |
[04:28] | Get out. | 滚吧 |
[04:31] | That’s the title. | 这就是书名了 |
[04:39] | – Michael! – What are you gonna do? | – 迈克尔! – 你想怎么做? |
[04:41] | I wanna talk to him. | 我要跟他谈谈 |
[04:43] | Michael, could you come in here, please? | 迈克尔,过来一下,好吗? |
[04:44] | – Be careful what you say. – Don’t worry. | – 想清楚了再说 – 别担心 |
[04:46] | He writes it down. | 他会写下来的 |
[04:50] | Sweetie, I just want to ask you something. | 宝贝,我只想问你点事 |
[04:54] | Do you think that your family is “The Angry Family”? | 你觉得你的家人是 “愤怒的一家人”吗? |
[04:59] | It’s okay, honey, you can tell us. | 没事的,宝贝, 你可以告诉我们 |
[05:02] | Ray, you wanna… | 雷,你想…… |
[05:04] | Nope. | 不 |
[05:06] | I loved your story, Michael. | 我喜欢你的故事,迈克尔 |
[05:09] | Said Daddy. | 爸爸说 |
[05:15] | Go on, watch TV, honey. | 去吧,看电视吧,亲爱的 |
[05:18] | – What is wrong with you? – What? | – 你怎么回事? – 怎么了? |
[05:21] | Hey, if you were on top of stuff, | 嘿,你要是管了事的话, |
[05:23] | you coulda stopped the story from leakin’ out. | 就能阻止这种故事传出去 |
[05:27] | I am on top of stuff! What do you do, huh? | 我管着事呢! 你想干什么,哈? |
[05:30] | Look, those stories were supposed to be a surprise | 看,这些故事本来就该是 |
[05:32] | for the parents. | 给父母的惊喜的 |
[05:34] | A surprise for the parents? | 给父母的惊喜? |
[05:35] | I think the surprise is, | 你知道什么才叫惊喜吗? |
[05:37] | you get to the school and there’s an open bar. | 走到学校发现有 免费供应酒水的吧台 |
[05:45] | No, this was like an ambush. | 不,这就像是伏击 |
[05:49] | And you can’t even see what the real problem is here, can you? | 你甚至看不到真正的问题在哪, 是不是? |
[05:52] | There’s an image that Michael has of us. | 咱们在迈克尔的脑袋里 有了特定的形象了 |
[05:54] | Come on, we’re normal. | 得了吧,咱们很正常 |
[05:57] | Comparatively normal. | 相对正常 |
[06:00] | – Watch the news. – Please. | – 看看新闻哪 – 拜托 |
[06:03] | Although I will say, | 尽管我要说, |
[06:05] | there are times | 有些时候 |
[06:07] | when you seem to yell for no reason, you know? | 你好像毫无理由的嚷嚷, 知道吗? |
[06:11] | Maybe… | 也许…… |
[06:13] | Maybe that’s what he’s pickin’ up on. | 也许这就是他注意到的东西 |
[06:15] | I’m pretty sure | 我确信 |
[06:16] | that most of the leading characters in that story | 这故事里唱主角的 |
[06:19] | were from the Barone side. | 主要还是姓巴伦的 |
[06:21] | Yeah, okay, but the loud part, I’m thinkin’, is probably you. | 是啊,好吧,不过那个嗓门大的, 我想,很可能是你 |
[06:25] | So you’re blaming me? | 那你是怪我了? |
[06:27] | You’re completely free and clear. | 跟你一点瓜葛都没有 |
[06:29] | I’m sorry, but I am not the yeller. | 对不起,可我不是 那个嚷嚷的人 |
[06:31] | You are the reason for the yeller! | 你是把人逼嚷嚷的人! |
[06:32] | Well, you assume that there must be yelling! | 唔,你觉得嚷嚷是必然的了! |
[06:34] | – You’re damn right there’s yell… – Hey, hey, hey! | – 你说得对极了,必然会有嚷…… – 嘿,嘿,嘿! |
[06:36] | – Hey! – Can I have a juice? | – 嘿! – 我能喝果汁吗? |
[06:38] | – What, honey? – Can I have a juice? | – 什么,宝贝? – 我能喝果汁吗? |
[06:41] | – Sure, sweetie. – Yeah, sure. | – 当然,亲爱的 – 是的,当然 |
[06:42] | – We can do that, right, Mommy? – Thank you, Daddy. | – 我们可以给你拿,是不是,妈咪? – 谢谢,爸爸 |
[06:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:01] | We have problems. | 咱们有问题 |
[07:03] | It’s all right. All right? | 没事的。好吗? |
[07:05] | No, it is not all right. | 不,有事 |
[07:06] | This argument just now | 刚才的争吵 |
[07:07] | is exactly what Michael was referring to. | 正是迈克尔想说的 |
[07:09] | Well, you don’t gotta worry about this one, because that was Geoffrey. | 唔,这个不用担心, 因为刚才那个是杰弗里 |
[07:13] | Phone. | 电话 |
[07:16] | Hello? | 哈喽? |
[07:18] | Oh… hi, Eileen. | 哦……嗨,艾琳 |
[07:23] | Yeah, hi. | 是的,嗨 |
[07:24] | How are ya? | 你好吗? |
[07:26] | Yeah. Oh, no, that was a great open house, yeah. | 是的。哦,不, 接待日办得好极了,是的 |
[07:29] | Dynamite. | 爆炸新闻 |
[07:31] | What conference? | 什么会? |
[07:34] | Oh! Oh. That’s this week, too. | 哦!哦。 也是这个星期 |
[07:37] | Yeah, right. With the parents. | 是的,没错。 和家长 |
[07:38] | Uh-huh. Yeah. I guess we must’ve forgot about it. | 呃呵。是的。 我猜我们准是忘了 |
[07:41] | Wasn’t like we were trying to run out or anything. | 不是想逃掉之类的 |
[07:45] | ‘Cause, uh, we wanna talk to you. | 因为,呃, 我们想和你谈 |
[07:46] | We love you. | 我们爱你 |
[07:50] | All right, okay. | 好的,好的 |
[07:52] | Yeah, sure, we’ll see you tomorrow. Okay. | 是的,当然, 咱们明天见。好的 |
[07:54] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[07:59] | Listen, about tomorrow, I got a pretty big day, so… | 听着,明天的事, 我有很重要的事,所以…… |
[08:01] | – You don’t want to finish that. – All right. Okay. | – 你再敢说 – 好吧,好吧 |
[08:04] | And did you have to sound so guilty on the phone? | 你非得在电话里 表现的这么罪大恶极吗? |
[08:08] | How about you? You ran away like a little girl. | 那你呢,你逃得跟 小姑娘似的 |
[08:18] | Okay… | 好了 |
[08:20] | So… how are you? | 那么……你们好吗? |
[08:22] | Terrific! | 好极了! |
[08:25] | So… | 那么…… |
[08:27] | That was so, so funny yesterday. | 昨天真是太、 太有趣了 |
[08:30] | – What was? – Michael’s book. “Angry Family.” | – 什么有趣? – 迈克尔的书。《愤怒的一家人》 |
[08:36] | I don’t know where he… | 我不知道他从哪…… |
[08:37] | Anyway, um, it’s great to be here. | 总之,嗯, 能来这儿太好了 |
[08:40] | Happy to discuss everything. | 很乐意讨论任何事情 |
[08:42] | I was really impressed with what Michael | 迈克尔书里写的东西 |
[08:43] | wrote about in his book, weren’t you? | 让我触动很大, 你不吗? |
[08:44] | Me? Uh, definitely. | 我吗? 啊,绝对的 |
[08:47] | Oh, definitely. | 哦,绝对的 |
[08:49] | Um, but I do think that his book was… | 嗯,不过我想他的书…… |
[08:52] | just a story. | 只是个故事 |
[08:54] | And, yes, | 不过,是的, |
[08:55] | obviously all stories do come from somewhere. | 显然所有的故事都有个来头 |
[08:58] | Well, not all of ’em. | 唔,也不是啦 |
[08:59] | Hmm? | 哼? |
[09:00] | I was just thinkin’ somethin’– | 我只是想―― |
[09:02] | I was just thinkin’, some stories come from… | 我只是想, 有些故事是因为…… |
[09:05] | like-like those shows you go to where they say, | 就像――就像那些个表演, 台上的人说: |
[09:08] | “Give us a location!” | “给我们个场景!” |
[09:09] | And then the audience goes, “An elevator!” | 然后观众说:“电梯!” |
[09:12] | And then they say, | 然后他们问: |
[09:14] | “What language should we do?” or somethin’, | “说什么语?”之类的 |
[09:15] | And you yell, “French!” | 你就嚷:“法语!” |
[09:17] | You know, and then they do a hilarious thing right there. | 你知道,然后他们就 演起了滑稽剧 |
[09:21] | “Second floor… croissants!” You know? | “二楼……牛角面包” |
[09:24] | Yeah. They just… | 是的。他们就…… |
[09:26] | they make that stuff up right there on the spot. | 他们立马就演起来了 |
[09:32] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:34] | So that would be one example | 要知道有些故事 是从哪来的 |
[09:36] | where some stories do come from. | 这就是一个例子 |
[09:39] | Is-is that what Michael did? | 迈克尔是那么写的? |
[09:42] | Probably not. | 也许不是 |
[09:47] | Please stop. | 停下,拜托 |
[09:48] | I’m just… I’m talkin’ to Eileen. | 我只是…… 我在跟艾琳谈论 |
[09:50] | Uh, Eileen, um… | 啊,艾琳,嗯…… |
[09:52] | did Michael say anything to you? | 迈克尔跟你说了什么吗? |
[09:55] | I mean, did he say anything specific about home? | 我是说,他说了家里 任何具体的事吗? |
[09:58] | And remember, children lie. | 记住,孩子会撒谎 |
[10:00] | Ray, we have nothing to hide. | 雷,咱们没什么可隐瞒的 |
[10:03] | I don’t know what he’s so afraid of. | 我不知道 他这么怕是为什么 |
[10:05] | I mean, ’cause we’re a normal family. | 我是说,因为, 我们家很正常 |
[10:08] | Comparatively. | 相对来说 |
[10:09] | I mean, watch the news. | 我是说,看看新闻哪 |
[10:16] | That was mine, the normal thing. | 那是我的, 那个正常的东东 |
[10:18] | She stole that from me. | 她偷的我的 |
[10:20] | It is not your thing! We are normal! | 那不是你的东东! 咱们很正常! |
[10:23] | You know, we do have counselors. | 你们知道,我们还有顾问 |
[10:26] | Father Hubley is very good. | 哈布里神父非常有经验 |
[10:28] | No, no, that’s the last thing that we need. | 不不,这是我们最不需要的了 |
[10:31] | Why do you say that? | 你怎么这么说? |
[10:32] | Because then everybody’s talkin’ about it… | 因为那样大家 都会谈论这事了 |
[10:34] | Look, what are you… | 看,你这是…… |
[10:35] | Why do you have to be so close-minded? | 你干吗这么死脑筋? |
[10:37] | – You see, this is the attitude. – I’m not close-minded. | – 你看,就是这种态度 – 我不是死脑筋 |
[10:40] | Uch, what are you doing right now? | 呃呵,那你在干的是什么? |
[10:42] | This is who you are. | 你就是这样子 |
[10:44] | Why can’t you just talk about things, huh? | 你为什么就是不能 谈论问题呢,哈? |
[10:46] | Talk! | 谈呀! |
[10:51] | You know, I have to say | 你知道,我得说, |
[10:53] | that you’re actually exhibiting some of the very traits | 你事实上正表现出迈克尔书里 |
[10:55] | that seem to jump off the page in Michael’s book. | 跃然纸上的一些特征 |
[10:57] | Who? | 谁? |
[10:58] | Oh… you. | 哦……你 |
[11:02] | Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. | 等一等,等一等 |
[11:05] | First of all, it’s not a book. | 首先,这不是一本书 |
[11:08] | It’s pieces of construction paper. | 那只是几张图画纸 |
[11:11] | – You sound a bit close-minded. – Hey. | – 你听起来有点死脑筋 – 嘿 |
[11:17] | Eileen… | 艾琳…… |
[11:20] | you have no idea what I have to put up with. | 你不知道我要忍受的是什么 |
[11:25] | When I got married, I didn’t just get a husband, | 我结婚的时候, 得到的不只是一个丈夫, |
[11:28] | I got a whole freak show | 我还得到了就在街对面 |
[11:29] | that set up their tent right across the street. | 扎营的全套怪物展 |
[11:36] | And that-that would be fine, | 这也罢了, |
[11:39] | if they stayed there. | 如果他们在那待着 |
[11:40] | But every day… every day… | 可是每一天…… 每一天…… |
[11:43] | they dump a truckload of their insane family dreck | 他们把一卡车的变态家庭屁事 |
[11:46] | into my lap. | 扔到我身上 |
[11:47] | How would you like to sit through | 要你坐着看两个60多岁的人 |
[11:49] | two people in their 60s | 争吵谁发明的草坪, |
[11:51] | fighting over who invented the lawn? | 你受得了吗? |
[11:53] | The lawn! | 草坪! |
[11:55] | And then the brother… | 然后还有他的兄弟…… |
[11:56] | “I live in an apartment. | “我住着个公寓, |
[11:58] | I don’t even have a lawn. Raymond has a lawn.” | 我甚至连草坪都没有。 雷蒙德有草坪” |
[12:01] | But you can’t blame him when you see who the mother is. | 不过你也不能怪他, 要是你见到过她妈的话 |
[12:03] | She has this kind of sick hold on the both of them. | 她对他们俩 有种病态的控制 |
[12:07] | And the father’s about as disgusting a creature | 而那个父亲恐怕是 上帝扔到这个星球上的 |
[12:09] | as God has ever dropped onto this planet. | 最恶心的生物了 |
[12:11] | So no wonder the kid writes stories! | 所以孩子会写故事 一点都不奇怪! |
[12:13] | I should be writing stories. | 我也该写故事 |
[12:15] | My life is a Gothic novel, | 我的生活就是一部 哥特式小说 |
[12:16] | and until you have lived in that house, | 并且除非你住进过 那个地方, |
[12:18] | with all of them in there with you day after day, | 和他们所有人在一起, 日复一日, |
[12:20] | week after week, year after friggin’ year, | 周复一周, 年复该死的一年, |
[12:23] | wou are in no position to judge me! | 你根本没资格 批评我! |
[12:45] | Where are you in here, Robert? | 这里头你在哪呢,罗伯特? |
[12:50] | Exactly. | 说得没错 |
[12:53] | I’ll tell you what concerns me. | 我来告诉你 什么让我不安 |
[12:56] | I wanna know why I was drawn completely without hair. | 我想知道为什么我被画得 一根头发都没有 |
[12:59] | That is an exaggeration which I do not appreciate. | 这太夸张了,我可不喜欢 |
[13:01] | All right, now, all right, there’s no need for tension. | 好吧,现在,好了, 不需要有压力 |
[13:05] | We all have enough tension. | 咱们压力都够大的了 |
[13:06] | Believe me, this job pounds the life out of you. | 相信我,干这种工作 只有减寿的 |
[13:11] | Eileen, maybe you’d like to start with… | 艾琳,也许你想先来…… |
[13:14] | No, thank you. | 不,谢谢 |
[13:16] | What? | 什么? |
[13:19] | Listen, Eileen, again, | 听着,艾琳,再一次的 |
[13:22] | I am so sorry about getting a little testy with you yesterday. | 我很抱歉昨天 对你有些暴躁 |
[13:25] | That’s really not like me. | 这决不是我平时的样子 |
[13:26] | Yeah, yeah, fine, fine. | 是啊是啊,好吧好吧 |
[13:29] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[13:31] | Adam is the school’s counselor, | 亚当是学校的顾问, |
[13:33] | and we thought we’d like to have this little talk today | 我们想我们希望通过今天的 小小的谈话, |
[13:35] | to see if maybe we can help you people. | 看看能不能帮到你们 |
[13:37] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[13:40] | Go on, Adam. | 说吧,亚当 |
[13:42] | Sure. | 当然 |
[13:45] | Hi, everyone. | 嗨,各位 |
[13:47] | I’m Adam Burke, and I am the school’s counselor, | 我是亚当・ 伯克, 学校的顾问 |
[13:50] | but I like to think of myself more as a facilitator. | 不过我更愿意称自己为推进者 |
[13:53] | Oh, Jeez. | 哦,天 |
[13:58] | So, here’s a question. | 那么,我们要问的问题是 |
[13:59] | Do any of you ever feel that the “anger” | 你们中有没有任何人感觉过 这种“愤怒” |
[14:02] | gets out of control? | 失去控制? |
[14:05] | – No, no way. – No, I really don’t. | – 不,从来没有 – 不,我真的没有 |
[14:06] | – Yes. – What? | – 是的 – 什么? |
[14:09] | Yes, I do feel that the anger | 是的,我的确觉得愤怒 |
[14:11] | sometimes gets out of control. | 有时候失去了控制 |
[14:12] | I feel it whenever I come into the house. | 每次我一进到那个房子 就会感到 |
[14:18] | There is a solution. | 有一个办法可以解决的 |
[14:23] | I don’t understand. I am there in a loving, | 我不明白。 我在那里扮演着 |
[14:27] | nurturing capacity, | 爱和养育的角色, |
[14:29] | as is my wont. | 一如既往的 |
[14:31] | Well, then, maybe we should ask ourselves, | 唔,那么,也许咱们应该问问自己: |
[14:35] | “Where could the anger in this family be coming from?” | “这个家里的愤怒从何而来?” |
[14:44] | No, all right. I am not gonna… | 不,好了,我不能…… |
[14:45] | I do not want to sit here! | 我不想坐在这! |
[14:47] | No, no, no. Stop, stop. | 不不不。 别,别 |
[14:52] | I’m fine. My apologies. | 我没事。我道歉 |
[14:55] | Ray, you know what? | 雷,知道吗? |
[14:57] | I don’t think people need to hear my side of things again. | 我想大家不用再听 我的一面之词了 |
[15:00] | Maybe you could say something objective. | 也许你可以说几句客观的话 |
[15:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:11] | Uh, all I know is… | 啊,我所知道的就是…… |
[15:17] | Debra’s good. | 黛比拉很好 |
[15:19] | She’s really, really good. | 她真的真的很好 |
[15:21] | You know, she’s got a lot of stuff to do, and… | 你知道,她有很多事要做, 然后…… |
[15:25] | that’s why… | 这就是为什么…… |
[15:27] | if she’s all… | 如果她会…… |
[15:40] | that’s why. | 这就是为什么 |
[15:44] | Uh, if I may… | 啊,我可以说几句吗? |
[15:47] | you mentioned, Father Hubley, that I was not included in that book, | 你提到过,哈布里神父, 书里没写到我, |
[15:51] | and that is a very astute observation. | 这真是一语中的 |
[15:54] | And I do believe that my unique position | 我相信我在这个……家里的 |
[15:57] | in this… family, | 特殊地位, |
[15:59] | as that of an outsider, | 也就是作为一个旁观者, |
[16:01] | allows me to view | 让我在看待这一 |
[16:03] | this hodgepodge of life | 复杂混乱的生活的时候, |
[16:06] | from a rather unique vantage point. | 有着非常独特的观察角度 |
[16:09] | Top of a beanstalk? | 在豆杆顶上? |
[16:16] | And I do maintain | 并且我坚信 |
[16:18] | that if anyone is to blame, Father, | 如果有任何人,神父, |
[16:20] | for this river of pent-up hostility | 要为流过这些痛苦的人的 |
[16:22] | that runs through this sorry bunch | 压抑已久的敌意之河 负责的话 |
[16:24] | like you-know-what through a we-know-what… | 就像你知道的那个 流过你知道的另一个…… |
[16:28] | that person goes by the name… of Raymond. | 这人的名字就是……雷蒙德 |
[16:31] | Ohh, sit down, you dope. | 哦,坐下吧,白痴 |
[16:33] | He is and always has been the center… | 他是并且总是中心…… |
[16:36] | the center of attention, | 注意的中心, |
[16:37] | the center of affection, | 爱的中心, |
[16:39] | he always gets the center chair in the kitchen. | 厨房的中央椅子也是他的 |
[16:42] | And this anger of which you speak, | 而你所说的愤怒, |
[16:45] | from the rest of these poor souls, | 其他这些可怜人 的愤怒, |
[16:47] | stems from his unwillingness to share | 都发端于他不愿意分享 |
[16:51] | even the tiniest portion of the spotlight | 哪怕是聚光灯最小的一角 |
[16:54] | that shines, without end… | 永不熄灭的…… 照耀他的 |
[16:57] | on him. | 聚光灯 |
[17:01] | Aah! What are you doing? | 啊! 你干什么? |
[17:03] | What are you doing?! | 你干什么?! |
[17:06] | What are you doing? | 你干什么? |
[17:08] | “Center chair.” | “中央椅子” |
[17:10] | It’s my kitchen. Get your own kitchen. | 那是我的厨房。 你也弄个厨房呀 |
[17:12] | There you go, you see, | 看到了,看到了, |
[17:13] | because I only have a kitchenette, and he loves it! | 因为我只有个小厨房间, 他高兴死了! |
[17:15] | Right, “rub it in” Raymond? No house for me. | 是不是,“碎嘴”雷蒙德? 我没房子 |
[17:18] | No wife, no kids, no lawn, no nothin’! | 没妻子,没孩子,没草坪, 什么都没有! |
[17:21] | Hey, Father, let me ask you somethin’. | 嘿,神父,我来问问你 |
[17:23] | Would you know who invented the lawn? | 你想知道谁发明的草坪吗? |
[17:25] | Ohh! | 哦! |
[17:26] | Would you stop?! | 你够了没?! |
[17:28] | No one “invented” it, it’s grass! | 没人“发明”。 那是草! |
[17:31] | Oh, yeah? So cavemen had lawns? | 哦,是吗? 洞穴人也有草坪? |
[17:33] | Yes, they were called “fields,” you baboon! | 是的,他们管那叫“草地”, 你个狒狒! |
[17:36] | You wanna know where all the tension in the family comes from? | 你想知道这家里的 紧张从哪来的? |
[17:40] | I’m chained to it. | 我就被铐在上面 |
[17:42] | Here she is. | 就是她了 |
[17:44] | And if you’re lookin’ to find out why she’s like this, | 如果你在想为什么她会这样, |
[17:46] | I’m givin’ it to you, for once and for all. | 我来告诉你, 一劳永逸的 |
[17:49] | You ready? | 准备好了? |
[17:51] | There! Right there! | 那!就在那! |
[17:54] | She married him! | 她就给了他! |
[17:56] | And this one still can’t deal with it! | 而这一个还是没法接受! |
[18:05] | How dare you? | 你怎么敢? |
[18:08] | – It-it-it’s all right, Mrs… – You hold on. | – 这――这――没事的,巴…… – 你先等着 |
[18:12] | You think Michael’s book is my fault, don’t ya? | 你觉得迈克尔的书是我的错, 是不是? |
[18:16] | Don’t ya? Huh? | 是不是?哈? |
[18:18] | If there’s ever a problem in the family, | 家里只要除了任何事, |
[18:20] | it’s the mother. It’s always the mother. | 就是因为母亲。 永远都是母亲 |
[18:23] | Well, you all ought to be ashamed of yourselves. | 唔,你们都该为自己羞耻 |
[18:27] | And you, you-you allow that, Father Hubley? | 还有你,你―― 你容忍这种事,哈布里神父? |
[18:30] | Shame on you. | 真不害臊 |
[18:31] | That’s right. You had a mother. | 是的。 你也有母亲 |
[18:33] | And you allowed all this to happen | 而你们容忍这种事 在你们的学校、 |
[18:35] | in your school, in your parish. | 你们的教区里发生 |
[18:37] | This “new psychology”… | 这种“新新心理学”…… |
[18:38] | that children are always right, | 孩子永远是对的, |
[18:40] | they’re being rewarded for every little thing they do | 每次他们做了一点点的事, |
[18:43] | with the stickers. | 都要奖励个贴纸 |
[18:44] | I mean, these kids are comin’ home full of stickers | 我是说,孩子们没做个屁 却拿了一堆的 |
[18:46] | for doing nothing! | 贴纸回家 |
[18:47] | “Ooh. I went to the potty.” | “哦,我拉在便盆里了” |
[18:50] | “Here’s a sticker.” | “给你贴纸” |
[18:53] | In my day, you had to earn a reward, | 我那么大的时候, 你必须赢得奖励, |
[18:56] | and even then, you didn’t get it. | 即便如此, 你也得不到 |
[18:58] | And if there was yelling in the house, you earned that, too. | 而家里要是有嚷嚷, 那也是你活该的 |
[19:00] | There was nothing to be ashamed of. | 这没什么好害臊的 |
[19:01] | I want to tell you something. | 我来告诉你们 |
[19:03] | There is nothing wrong with this family. | 这个家没有任何问题 |
[19:05] | We’re very close, we’re very open, | 我们很亲近, 我们彼此坦诚, |
[19:07] | we’re very loving, ’cause I make sure of it. | 我们相互关爱, 因为我确保了这一点 |
[19:09] | But everybody has to make a big deal. | 可是所有人都要大惊小怪的 |
[19:11] | You have to have a meeting, you have to have an inquiry, | 你们非得开什么会, 非得搞什么问讯, |
[19:14] | you have to have a witch hunt. | 非得进行巫婆搜捕 |
[19:17] | I think they found one. | 我想他们找到一个了 |
[19:28] | Well… | 唔…… |
[19:31] | thank you, everybody… | 谢谢了,各位…… |
[19:34] | for a lovely morning. | 为了这个愉快的上午 |
[19:37] | Believe it or not, | 不管你们是否相信, |
[19:39] | I do understand the pressures and tensions | 我的确相信在今日的世界 |
[19:41] | of raising a family in today’s world. | 养育孩子的压力和头疼 |
[19:44] | But I think this particular family | 不过我想这个家庭 |
[19:48] | compounds the problem | 因为常常彼此太过贴近, |
[19:49] | by maybe being a bit too close to each other constantly, | 而使问题复杂化了 |
[19:53] | like ping-pong balls pounding and hitting off each other… | 就像乒乓球在彩票机里 |
[19:56] | in the lottery machine. | 相互的撞击和敲打 |
[19:59] | Except… | 除了…… |
[20:01] | nobody wins in this one, | 这里头没人会赢, |
[20:04] | least of all, the children, | 至少,对孩子们来说 |
[20:06] | which is what I got from this book. | 这就是我从这本书里体会到的 |
[20:10] | So it’s not about you… | 所以这不是关于你…… |
[20:13] | or you… | or you… 或者你…… 或者你…… |
[20:16] | or you… | 或是你…… |
[20:18] | Or even Raymond, today. | 甚或是雷蒙德,今天来说 |
[20:21] | It’s about this little guy… | 这是关于这个小家伙…… |
[20:24] | and this sweet, simple way of maybe… | 以及用这种可爱、 简单的方式来,也许…… |
[20:27] | giving you a message. | 给你们传达一个信息 |
[20:50] | Now… | 现在…… |
[20:53] | we have these parenting books | 我们这有些育儿的书 |
[20:54] | that you might want to take a look at… | 也许你们会有兴趣看看…… |
[20:56] | – I’ll try one. – Oh, I’ll take one. | – 给我一本 – 哦,我也要一本 |
[20:58] | We’ll take ’em all, we’ll take ’em all. | 我们全要了 |
[21:00] | Give me one. They’re not all for you. | 给我一本。 不是全给你们的 |
[21:02] | Relax, Dad. You’re gonna get one! | 别紧张,爸。 会有你的的! |
[21:09] | – Hey! | – Hey! – 嘿! – 嘿! |
[21:11] | – Come here, you. – Come here. | – 过来 – 过来 |
[21:13] | What’d you do, go to the bathroom? | 你干什么去了,上洗手间? |
[21:14] | Yeah. Your light’s on. | 是的。 你们开着灯 |
[21:16] | Yeah, that’s ’cause we’re readin’. | 是的,因为我们在看书 |
[21:18] | We’re readin’ a coupla books here. | 我们在这看书呢 |
[21:19] | Give me that head. Give me that. Mm-mm! | 把脑袋给我。 给我。��蓿� |
[21:21] | Hey, it’s time for bed, dude. | 嘿,该睡觉了,伙计 |
[21:22] | – Okay? – Come on. | – 好吗? – 快点 |
[21:23] | – See ya tomorrow, okay? – See you in the morning, honey. | – 明天见,好吗? – 早上见,宝贝 |
[21:25] | Hey, listen, Michael, | 嘿,听着,迈克尔 |
[21:27] | we really loved your story you wrote, | 我们非常喜欢你写的故事, |
[21:29] | and we learned a lot from it. | 我们从中明白了很多 |
[21:31] | I like that cartoon. | 我喜欢那个动画片 |
[21:32] | What cartoon? | 什么动画片? |
[21:34] | Monster Maniacs. | 《魔鬼疯子》 |
[21:36] | They’re really funny. They’re always yelling. | 他们有意思极了。 他们总是嚷嚷 |
[21:57] | With a win over the Angels, last night’s 1-0 screamer | 今天击败天使之后, 昨天位列第10的尖叫者皇家, |
[22:00] | gave the Royals a one-nothing lead in the three game series. | 在这一轮三场比赛后 取得了第一的位置 |