时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Oh, great. You’re all here. | 哦,太好了。你们都在这 |
[00:03] | I was just thinking that myself. | 我自己刚也这么想来的 |
[00:07] | I have some exciting news. | 我有个激动人心的消息 |
[00:08] | Your blue ox came home? | 你的蓝牛回家了? |
[00:12] | That’s funny. | 有意思 |
[00:16] | I was gonna say, “Dr. Frankenstein built a bride?” | 我本来想问“弗兰肯斯坦博士 造了个新娘”? |
[00:27] | What’s going on, Robert? | 什么事,罗伯特? |
[00:29] | Okay… | 好了…… |
[00:31] | I just got a call from the FBI. | 我刚接到FBI(联邦调查局)的电话 |
[00:35] | – The FBI? – Oh my gosh! | – 哦我的天! |
[00:36] | My captain has connections there, | 我们队长在那有些关系 |
[00:38] | And he recommended me… | 然后他就推荐了我…… |
[00:39] | Today, Special Agent Thomas Garfield called | 今天,特工托马斯・加菲 打电话来 |
[00:41] | to set up a job interview. | 安排了求职面试 |
[00:43] | Oh, Robert, that is fantastic! | 哦,罗伯特, 这真是太棒了! |
[00:45] | Yeah, I know, I can’t believe it. | 是啊,我知道, 我都不敢相信 |
[00:48] | We have a meeting tomorrow morning. | 我们明天早上见面 |
[00:50] | This is gonna be great… I’m gonna get a good shave, | 这一切太棒了…… 我要好好刮刮脸, |
[00:52] | I’m gonna put on my lucky suit, and Ma, what do you say, | 穿上我的幸运西装。 还有,妈,你怎么说? |
[00:55] | I’ll come over early and you’ll make me breakfast? | 我一早过来,你给我做早餐? |
[00:57] | I’m thinking funny-shaped pancakes. | 我想的是花样煎饼 |
[00:59] | Of course, dear. | 当然了,亲爱的 |
[01:01] | I’m just surprised about all this. | 我只是有点吃惊 |
[01:03] | I thought you were gonna do your 20 years and then retire. | 我以为你做完20年就退休了 |
[01:06] | Yeah, I know, but Ma, this is the FBI! | 是,我知道,可是妈, 这是FBI! |
[01:10] | I mean, this is like a whole new phase in my life. | 我的意思是,这就像是 我人生一个崭新的阶段 |
[01:12] | You know, “Robert Barone, Part Two.” | 你知道,“罗伯特・巴伦,第二部” |
[01:17] | “This time he’s fatter!” | “这一次,他变肥了!” |
[01:26] | Good pancakes. | 好吃的煎饼 |
[01:27] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[01:28] | Juice? | 果汁? |
[01:30] | What? | 什么? |
[01:31] | You gonna have some juice? | 你想喝果汁吗? |
[01:32] | – Oh. No. – ‘Cause I was just thinking | – 哦,不 – 因为我在想 |
[01:35] | you might want some before your big FBI interview. | 也许你去你重大的FBI面试前 你也许会想喝点 |
[01:37] | No, actually I’m feeling pretty good. | 不,实际上我感觉很好 |
[01:41] | Get me some juice. | 给我拿点果汁 |
[01:46] | Here you go. | 你衣服好了 |
[01:48] | Oh. Great, Ma. | 哦,太好了,妈 |
[01:49] | Thanks for ironing that for me. | 谢谢你帮我烫 |
[01:51] | Okay. Put that on. | 好了,把这个穿上 |
[01:54] | And put this trench coat on over it. | 然后把这个大衣套在外面 |
[01:55] | Nah, don’t need it. Just my lucky suit. | 不,不需要。 有我的幸运西装就够了 |
[01:59] | Yes, but I think you should wear this coat | 是的,可我觉得 你应该穿上这件大衣 |
[02:00] | because it makes you look very FBl-ish. | 因为这会让你看着非常FBI |
[02:03] | All right. | 好吧 |
[02:04] | No, put it on now. | 不,现在就穿上 |
[02:06] | So you’ll get used to it. | 这样你就会习惯的 |
[02:08] | Could I finish my breakfast first? | 我可以先把早餐吃完吗? |
[02:10] | Sure. Sure. | 当然。当然 |
[02:12] | How about my juice? | 我的果汁呢? |
[02:14] | All right. | 好吧 |
[02:19] | Hey… | 嘿…… |
[02:21] | what happened | 你上衣后面 |
[02:23] | to the back of your jacket?! | 是怎么了? |
[02:25] | – Frank. – What? | – 弗兰克 – 怎么了? |
[02:26] | You got a big burn mark on the back of your jacket. | 你上衣背后有一大块烧焦的地方 |
[02:29] | What?! | 什么?! |
[02:35] | Oh my God! | 哦我的天! |
[02:37] | Ma, what happened?! | 妈,发生什么了? |
[02:39] | I think that was already there. | 我想这个原来就有 |
[02:43] | Ma! | 妈! |
[02:45] | I had the television on | 我开着电视 |
[02:47] | and a commercial for some sports program came on, | 然后出来一个体育节目的广告, |
[02:50] | and it said that Raymond was gonna be on it. | 里头说雷蒙德会参加 |
[02:52] | Oh my God! | 哦我的天! |
[02:54] | But he never told me. | 可他从没告诉我 |
[02:56] | And I started to wonder why I have to hear about it on TV | 然后我开始想为什么 我非得从电视上听到 |
[02:59] | instead of him telling me. | 而不是他来告诉我 |
[03:01] | – So you burned my lucky suit?! – I was distracted. | – 所以你就烧了我的幸运西装 – 我分了神 |
[03:05] | Did he tell you anything about being on a sports program? | 他告诉了你什么 上体育节目的事吗? |
[03:07] | Who cares?! | 谁管呢?! |
[03:09] | Don’t yell at me. | 别朝我吼 |
[03:10] | The person we should be upset with is Raymond. | 该叫人生气的人事雷蒙德 |
[03:17] | This was my lucky suit. | 这是我的幸运西装 |
[03:19] | Well, I think you’re down to lucky pants. | 唔,我想你只有幸运裤了 |
[03:24] | What happened, Ma?! | 发生什么了,妈?! |
[03:27] | Huh? You ruined my lucky suit | 哈?你毁了我的幸运西装 |
[03:29] | the most important day of my life. | 在我一生最重要的日子 |
[03:32] | How many times do I have to apologize? | 我得道多少回歉? |
[03:35] | What am I gonna do? | 我现在怎么办? |
[03:37] | Well, you’re gonna go and change. | 唔,你现在去换衣服 |
[03:38] | You don’t need a lucky suit. You’re a wonderful boy. | 你不需要什么幸运西装。 你是很棒的小伙子 |
[03:41] | And you’re a wonderful ironer. | 你是很棒的烫衣服的 |
[03:44] | That’s enough, Frank. | 够了,弗兰克 |
[03:46] | Now I gotta go through my interview in an unlucky suit. | 现在我要穿 不幸运的西装面试了 |
[03:50] | Just because you’re not wearing your lucky suit | 你没穿着你的幸运西装 |
[03:52] | doesn’t mean that whatever you do wear | 并不表示不管你穿什么 |
[03:54] | – will be unlucky. – Look at my life. | – 都会不幸运 – 看看我的生活 |
[03:56] | All my other clothes are unlucky. | 我其他所有的衣服都不幸运 |
[04:03] | I feel terrible. | 我好难过 |
[04:05] | Aw… | 哦…… |
[04:07] | It’ll be all right. | 不会有事的 |
[04:09] | Listen, | 听着, |
[04:10] | get me some juice. | 给我拿点果汁 |
[04:18] | Stupid suit. | 愚蠢的西装 |
[04:22] | I hate you, I hate you, I hate you! | 我恨你,我恨你,我恨你! |
[04:25] | – Good morning. – Oh, good morning. | – 早上好 – 哦,早上好 |
[04:28] | – Special Agent Garfield. – Lieutenant Robert Barone. | – 特工加菲 – 罗伯特・巴伦小队长 |
[04:31] | Were you just saying something? | 你刚才说什么了吗? |
[04:34] | No. | 没 |
[04:35] | Just sitting here. | 只是坐着 |
[04:37] | Quietly. | 安静地 |
[04:38] | You didn’t say, “I hate you, I hate you”? | 你没有说“我恨你,我恨你”? |
[04:48] | Oh. | 哦 |
[04:49] | No. | 没有 |
[04:53] | Why don’t we get started? | 为什么咱们不开始呢? |
[04:54] | All right. | 好的 |
[04:56] | So what’s that, my permanent record? | 那是什么,我的永久档案? |
[04:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:03] | Let’s see… | 咱们来看看…… |
[05:04] | 19 years NYPD, | 纽约警察局当值19年 |
[05:07] | no disciplinary actions, | 无纪律处分 |
[05:09] | 11 commendations. Very nice. | 11项褒奖。非常好 |
[05:10] | Yes, the commendations are nice. | 是的,褒奖是不错 |
[05:13] | But really, the job | 不过说真的, 工作本身才是 |
[05:15] | is its own reward. | 真正的报偿 |
[05:17] | That’s the kind of attitude we look for around here. | 这正是我们这需要的态度 |
[05:18] | It’s about teamwork… being part of a team. | 重要的是团队协作…… 做团队的一员 |
[05:20] | – Your water. – Thank you so much. | – 你的水 – 非常感谢 |
[05:24] | And this fax came for you, sir. | 这份传真是给你的,长官 |
[05:28] | So, as I was saying… | 那么,我刚刚说的…… |
[05:30] | Is this a joke? | 这是开玩笑吗? |
[05:31] | Excuse me? | 请原谅 |
[05:35] | “Dear FBI Agent Garfield. | “亲爱的FBI特工加菲 |
[05:37] | “I’m writing to ask for your understanding. | “我致信请求你的理解 |
[05:40] | “You have an interview this morning with my son, | “你今天早上和我儿子 ――罗伯特・巴伦 |
[05:42] | Robert Barone. | 有个面试 |
[05:51] | I think you will find Robert to be an exceptional candidate | 我想你会发现罗伯特 极其适合 |
[05:54] | for the job. | 这份工作 |
[05:55] | He is hard-working, brave, and handsome. | 他勤劳、勇敢,而且相貌堂堂 |
[06:04] | But I feel I have hurt his chances somewhat. | 可我感觉我某种程度上 破坏了他的机会 |
[06:07] | You see, he has a lucky suit. | 你知道,他有套幸运西装 |
[06:13] | And while I was ironing this morning, | 然后今天早晨熨衣服的时候 |
[06:16] | I ruined it. | 我把它毁了 |
[06:17] | He was very upset, | 他很不开心 |
[06:18] | so he might be a little distracted. | 所以他可能会有些分心 |
[06:20] | Please don’t hold this against him. | 请不要让这一点 影响了你对他的评价 |
[06:23] | If anything, blame me. | 要怪的话,就怪我好了 |
[06:25] | I don’t mind, I’m used to it. | 我不介意的。我习惯了 |
[06:30] | Of course, | 当然, |
[06:32] | it’s also my other son Raymond Barone’s fault. | 这也是我另一个儿子 雷蒙德的错 |
[06:35] | He’s a famous sportswriter. Perhaps you’ve heard of him. | 他是位有名的体育作家。 也许你听说过他 |
[06:39] | But mostly, I’m to blame. | 不过,最主要的错在我 |
[06:42] | I only wanted Robert to look his best. | 我只想罗伯特 以最好的状态表现 |
[06:44] | Thank you for understanding. | 谢谢你的理解 |
[06:46] | Sincerely, Marie Barone.” | 真诚的玛丽・巴伦” |
[07:15] | – ” P. S… – Oh, God. | – “另附…… – 哦,天 |
[07:19] | Please ask Robert to forgive me. | 请叫罗伯特原谅我 |
[07:22] | I tried, | 我试了, |
[07:23] | but it’ll mean more coming from you.” | 可是如果是你说的 会更有效的” |
[07:30] | Please forgive your mother. | 请原谅你的母亲 |
[07:38] | Mom, I didn’t purposely not tell you | 妈,我并不是故意不告诉你 |
[07:40] | I was gonna be on TV, I just forgot. | 我会上电视。 我只是忘了 |
[07:42] | Then maybe I’ll just forget to watch. | 那也许我也会忘了看 |
[07:47] | Fine, don’t watch. | 那好,别看 |
[07:48] | Fine, I won’t. | 很好,我不会的 |
[07:50] | What time is it on? | 什么时候放? |
[07:53] | So I’ll know when not to watch. | 这样我就知道什么时候不要看 |
[08:05] | What? What? | 什么事?怎么了? |
[08:07] | Oh! | 哦! |
[08:09] | Robert, you scared me. | 罗伯特,你吓着我了 |
[08:17] | How did your interview go? | 你的面试怎么样? |
[08:19] | Come here. Let me tell you about it. | 过来。我来说给你听 |
[08:24] | Didn’t it go well? | 不顺利吗? |
[08:26] | Oh, it was going okay, | 哦,本来很顺利 |
[08:28] | and then Agent Garfield read me a letter | 然后加菲特工 给我念了一封信 |
[08:30] | about crazy Robert and his lucky suit. | 关于疯罗伯特和他的幸运西装 |
[08:34] | What? | 什么? |
[08:36] | I never said “crazy.” | 我从没说过“疯” |
[08:39] | Ma, what did you do? | 妈,你做了什么? |
[08:40] | She faxed the FBI a letter | 她给FBI传真一封信 |
[08:42] | about how she ruined my lucky suit. | 写的她是怎么毁掉 我的幸运西装的 |
[08:44] | I wasn’t sure it went through. | 我之前还不确定 是不是发过去了 |
[08:45] | It was the first time I ever used a fax machine. | 这是我第一次 用传真机 |
[08:49] | Marie, why don’t you go into the kitchen? | 玛丽,为什么你不去厨房呢? |
[08:51] | Robert, how about you just stay here and… | 罗伯特,你呆在那里然后…… |
[08:54] | maybe blink a few times? | 也许眨个眼怎么样? |
[09:00] | Why would you do it? Why would you send a letter? | 你为什么这么做? 你为什么要发封信? |
[09:03] | The guy looked at me | 那个人看着我 |
[09:04] | like I was a pathetic, candy-ass mama’s boy. | 就像我是个可悲、 女人气的、妈妈的宝 |
[09:08] | Well, then he seems awfully critical. | 唔,那他可太爱找茬了 |
[09:10] | He’s the FBI, Ma! | 他是FBI,妈! |
[09:11] | I wasn’t applying for a job at the Gap! | 我又不是上Gap(服装店名)找工作! |
[09:28] | Frank, turn the television off. | 弗兰克,把电视关上 |
[09:31] | – Why? – Because we’re talking. | – 为什么? – 因为我们在说话 |
[09:33] | So I’ll turn it up louder. | 那我开大点 |
[09:36] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[09:39] | Frank, Robert’s meeting didn’t go very well. | 弗兰克,罗伯特的会面 不是很顺利 |
[09:42] | What meeting? | 什么会面? |
[09:43] | With the FBI, Dad. Pay attention. | 和FBI的,爸。 留点心 |
[09:46] | I’ll take his cluelessness over her sabotage | 我这一星期宁可要他的不关心 |
[09:48] | any day of the week. | 也不要她的蓄意破坏 |
[09:50] | – My what? – You heard me. Your sabotage. | – 我的什么? – 你听到了。你的蓄意破坏 |
[09:53] | You’re a saboteur… saboteur! | 你是个阴谋破坏家…… 阴谋破坏家! |
[09:57] | I don’t understand. I was just trying to help you. | 我不理解。 我只是想帮助你 |
[10:00] | Oh, help, help. You’re trying to help me? | 哦,帮助,帮助。 你想帮我吗? |
[10:03] | Like the guy who shaves your ankles before the electric chair? | 就像上电椅前 给你刮踝上的脚毛的人? |
[10:06] | Is that the kind of help?! Thanks for the help! | 是这种帮助吗?! 谢谢你的帮助! |
[10:08] | – What do I owe you?! – All right. | – 我欠了你什么?! – 好吧 |
[10:11] | You’re upset because you feel your interview | 你不开心,因为你的面试 |
[10:13] | didn’t go as well as it could, and I’m sorry, too. | 进展得不算顺利。 我也很遗憾 |
[10:16] | But that doesn’t give you the right to lash out at me. | 可那并不让你有权利 对我大光其火 |
[10:18] | Listen to me, woman! | 给我听着,女人! |
[10:26] | Now, if this was the only time that you ever screwed me up, | 现在,如果这是你 唯一一次破坏我的事, |
[10:29] | I just would have gone home and said, “Oh, that Mom…” | 我只会回到家然后说: “哦,这个妈……” |
[10:39] | But this is just the latest | 可这只是你一系列变态的 |
[10:41] | in your psychotic series of attempts | 打压我的企图 |
[10:43] | to keep me down! | 的最近一次! |
[10:45] | Robert, I think you’re getting carried away. | 罗伯特,我想你有点失控了 |
[10:47] | Debra, please. We’re talking. | 黛比拉,请不要。 我们在说话 |
[10:56] | Oh, come on, Deb, come on! You know how she is! | 哦,拜托,黛比,拜托! 你知道她什么样! |
[10:59] | Now’s your chance. Tell her how you feel! | 现在你的机会来了。 告诉她你的感受! |
[11:02] | It’s time to rise up and cast off the shackles! | 是时候站起来 挣脱镣铐了! |
[11:07] | Easy there, Spartacus. | 别激动,斯巴达克斯 |
[11:13] | Yeah, Robert, in hindsight, | 是啊,罗伯特,回想起来, |
[11:15] | maybe faxing that letter wasn’t the best idea, | 也许传真那封信 不是太好的主意 |
[11:17] | but I think Marie was only trying to help. | 可我想玛丽只是想帮忙 |
[11:20] | Wait a minute… | 等一等…… |
[11:21] | you’re gonna stand there | 你是要站在那 |
[11:23] | and tell me that she doesn’t | 并且告诉我她没有 |
[11:25] | wrap her tentacles around every part of your life | 用她的触手绕住你的 每一点生活, |
[11:28] | and squeeze and squeeze | and squeeze and squeeze?! 然后挤呀挤呀挤呀挤?! |
[11:31] | Is that what you’re gonna tell me right now?! | 你现在是想跟我这么说吗?! |
[11:40] | Okay, but she’s not a saboteur. | 好吧,可她不是阴谋破坏家 |
[11:43] | Robbie, please, | 罗比,拜托, |
[11:45] | why would I want to keep you from getting that job? | 为什么我会想 让你得不到那份工作呢? |
[11:47] | So you could keep your family the way you like it… | 这样你就可以使你的家 保持你喜欢的样子…… |
[11:50] | with you sitting on top, Queen Marie. | 由你坐在最高处, 玛丽皇后 |
[11:53] | This is crazy talk. | 这是疯话 |
[11:56] | Oh, yeah? Everyone else isn’t below you? | 哦,是吗?其他所有人 不是都比你下等吗? |
[11:58] | Look, here’s little Prince Raymond, | 看,这是小雷蒙德王子, |
[12:00] | heir to the throne. | 王位继承人 |
[12:01] | What throne? | 什么王位? |
[12:03] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[12:07] | You say “Shut up” to the Prince? | 你对王子说“闭嘴”? |
[12:12] | And then you have your court jester, | 然后是你的弄臣, |
[12:14] | with his bald head and weighty behind! | 长着秃头和大屁股! |
[12:19] | And then there’s me… the peasant, the serf. | 然后是我…… 农民,农奴 |
[12:22] | And God forbid I should move up just a little, | 可决不能让我往上爬一点, |
[12:24] | because it might upset your perfect order! | 因为那就会打乱了你 完美的秩序! |
[12:28] | You can’t actually believe that. | 你不可能真的相信这个 |
[12:30] | – What am I supposed to believe?! – I would never… | – 那我还能相信什么?! – 我决不会…… |
[12:33] | No, look, enough! Just… | 不,看,够了! 只要…… |
[12:35] | just stay out of my life. | 你只要离我的生活远点 |
[12:43] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[12:45] | If that’s what you want. | 如果那是你想要的 |
[12:48] | That’s what I want. | 那是我想要的 |
[12:53] | I really think the FBI could use my son. | 我真的认为FBI用得着我儿子 |
[13:01] | Mrs. Barone… | 巴伦夫人…… |
[13:04] | Now, I know he overreacted a little to my letter, but he’d be | 我知道他对我的信反映有些过度, 可他可以成为 |
[13:08] | – an asset to your organization… – Mrs. Barone… | – 你们机构的良材…… – 巴伦夫人…… |
[13:10] | – So could you pick up the phone… – Mrs. Barone… | – 所以,你能拿起电话…… – 巴伦夫人…… |
[13:11] | – Yes? – How did you get in here? | – 什么? – 你怎么进来的? |
[13:18] | I talked to the man up front, | 我和管理室的人说了 |
[13:20] | and I told him | 然后我告诉他 |
[13:22] | I had to speak to you about my son Robert. | 我必须和你谈谈 我儿子罗伯特的事 |
[13:23] | And they asked me if I was the lucky suit lady, | 然后他们问我是不是那个 幸运西装女士 |
[13:26] | which I guess I am. | 我猜是的 |
[13:29] | So I said yes, | 所以我说是的 |
[13:31] | and they smiled and they let me in. | 然后他们笑了笑,就让我进来了 |
[13:35] | Bastards. | 杂种 |
[13:38] | I wanted to talk to you face to face. | 我想和面对面地谈谈 |
[13:41] | That letter, I just scribbled that out | 那封信, 我是草草地写出来的, |
[13:44] | to get to you as fast as I could. | 好尽快交到你手上 |
[13:45] | Mrs. Barone, | 巴伦夫人 |
[13:47] | I’m trying to understand why you’re really here. | 我是想理解 你究竟为什么会来 |
[13:50] | I’m a mother. | 我是个母亲 |
[13:52] | I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. | 我肯定你知道我说的意思 |
[13:55] | You have a picture of your dear mother | 你有一张你亲爱的母亲的照片 |
[13:57] | looking at you every day. | 天天看着你 |
[14:01] | That’s my wife. | 这是我妻子 |
[14:10] | A handsome woman. | 美丽的女人 |
[14:13] | Mrs. Barone, I’m beginning to think | 巴伦夫人,我开始要想 |
[14:15] | you really don’t want your son to have this job. | 你不是真的想让你儿子 得到这份工作了 |
[14:17] | Did Robbie tell you to say that to me? | 是罗比让你这么跟我说的? |
[14:19] | Or Frank? Did my husband call you? | 还是弗兰克? 我丈夫给你打电话了? |
[14:22] | – No, I’m just looking at the evidence. – What evidence? | – 不,我现在就看着证据 – 什么证据? |
[14:25] | – Well, you did ruin his lucky suit. – That was an accident. | – 唔,你的确毁了他的幸运西装 – 那是个事故 |
[14:28] | Or part of a pattern of behavior. | 或者是一贯的行为方式 |
[14:30] | Yes, love love love. | 是的,爱,爱,爱 |
[14:35] | Then you wrote this letter which you said | 然后你又写了这封 你声称你急急忙忙 |
[14:37] | – you scribbled out in a hurry. – That’s right. | – 赶出来的信 – 没错 |
[14:39] | Mrs. Barone, I spent a year | 巴伦夫人,我在警察学院 |
[14:42] | teaching handwriting analysis at the academy. | 教了一年的笔迹分析 |
[14:45] | I always got “A” s in penmanship, | 我在书写上总是得“A” |
[14:47] | so I don’t know where you’re going with this. | 所以我不知道 你这是想表明什么 |
[14:55] | This letter was written with a cool and purposeful hand. | 这封信是出自一只冷静、 果断的手 |
[14:59] | No, I was in a rush. | 不,我很匆忙 |
[15:01] | And then, even though Robert told you | 而然后,即便罗伯特告诉了你 |
[15:03] | the letter embarrassed him, now you arrive in person. | 那封信让他难堪, 现在你本人来了 |
[15:06] | I wanted to fix what I did. | 我想补救我做的事 |
[15:08] | I made cookies. | 我做了饼干 |
[15:12] | Double chocolate chip. | 双重巧克力屑饼 |
[15:15] | Mrs. Barone, you seem like an intelligent woman. | 巴伦夫人,你看着像一个聪明的女人 |
[15:17] | Thank you. Have a cookie. | 谢谢。吃块饼干 |
[15:20] | Do you really think | 你真的觉得 |
[15:22] | that a mother interfering to the extent that you have | 干涉到你这种程度的母亲 |
[15:24] | could possibly help a man get a job with the FBI? | 还有可能帮助一个人 得到FBI的工作吗? |
[15:29] | There’s something else going on. | 一定有别的什么事 |
[15:36] | He was supposed to retire. | 他应该退休的 |
[15:46] | He’s a year away from not being a police officer, | 他还有一年就可以不做警察了, |
[15:49] | which means I could stop worrying about him | 也就是说我可以不用 |
[15:52] | every second of the day. | 每时每刻的担心他了 |
[15:55] | I want him to be safe. | 我想他安全 |
[15:57] | Now he wants to go from one dangerous job | 现在他想从一个危险的工作 |
[15:59] | to another? | 调到另一个? |
[16:00] | How long do I have to walk around | 我还要胃里打结的 |
[16:03] | with a knot in my stomach? | 过多久? |
[16:04] | Forever? | 永远? |
[16:09] | I can’t do it anymore. | 我不能再这样下去了 |
[16:12] | It’s too much. | 我受不了了 |
[16:22] | But he wants this job. | 可他想要这份工作 |
[16:25] | It’ll make him happy. | 这会让他快乐 |
[16:28] | And he should be happy. | 而他应该快乐 |
[16:31] | So, yes, he should have this job. | 所以,是的,他应该得到这份工作 |
[16:34] | Please, give him this job. | 求你了,给他这份工作 |
[16:39] | I can’t do that. | 我不能那么做 |
[16:41] | No, no… don’t blame him, | 不,不…… 别责怪他, |
[16:43] | you can punish me! | 你可以惩罚我! |
[16:44] | Put one of those tracking things on my legs | 在我脚上安个那种 追踪的东西, |
[16:48] | so I can’t get out of the house. | 这样我就出不了屋子了 |
[16:50] | And if you met my husband, | 你要是见过我丈夫的话, |
[16:52] | you’d know that’s punishment enough. | 你会知道这种惩罚有多重 |
[16:59] | Mrs. Barone, the reason your son isn’t getting this job | 巴伦夫人,你儿子得不到这份工作 |
[17:01] | has nothing to do with you. | 和你没有任何关系 |
[17:03] | He’s a fine officer, | 他是个很好的警察, |
[17:05] | it’s just that there are better qualified candidates | 只是还有更有资格的候选者 |
[17:08] | for the position. | 在谋这个职 |
[17:09] | Better qualified than my Robbie? | 比我罗比更有资格? |
[17:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:19] | All right, let me tell you something. | 好吧,让我告诉你 |
[17:26] | My Robbie’s too good for you. | 我的罗比对你们太优秀了 |
[17:29] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[17:30] | He’s too good for this place, | 这地方配不上他 |
[17:32] | and maybe you could use a lucky suit, | 还有,也许你需要套幸运西装, |
[17:34] | because that’s a horrible color on you. | 因为你穿的颜色太难看了 |
[17:37] | And your wife does look like your mother! | 并且你妻子长得就是像你妈! |
[17:44] | Do you validate parking? | 你们能使停车合法吗? |
[17:58] | Hello, Robbie. | 哈喽,罗比 |
[18:02] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[18:04] | May I come in? | 我能进来吗? |
[18:09] | I made you cookies. Double chocolate chip. | 我给你做了饼干。 双重巧克力屑饼 |
[18:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:20] | You know, I was thinking about what you said. | 你知道,我想了想你说的话 |
[18:23] | Uh-huh. | 呃呵 |
[18:25] | About me sabotaging you. | 关于我蓄意破坏你 |
[18:28] | And although I’m not crazy about the word “sabotage,” | 虽然我不是特别喜欢 “蓄意破坏”这个词, |
[18:30] | um, maybe I understand now what you meant. | 呃,也许我现在理解你的意思了 |
[18:35] | Oh, yeah? | 哦,是吗? |
[18:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:37] | After you said it, | 你说了那话之后, |
[18:39] | I went for a drive. | 我开车出去走了走 |
[18:41] | Um, and I stopped at that diner on Roosevelt Boulevard | 呃,然后我在罗斯福大道 那个餐车前面停下 |
[18:44] | for a cup of coffee and some banana cream pie. | 买了杯咖啡和菠萝奶油派 |
[18:48] | And all of a sudden, I thought, ” My gosh, | 突然之间,我想: “我的天, |
[18:51] | maybe Robbie is right.” | 也许罗比是对的” |
[18:55] | Really? | 真的? |
[18:56] | It just hit me all of a sudden. | 突然就这么冒出来 |
[19:00] | Really? At a diner? | 真的吗? 在一个餐车前面? |
[19:03] | Over banana cream pie? | 因为一个菠萝奶油派? |
[19:05] | It’s funny how the mind works. | 思维就是这么有趣 |
[19:07] | It didn’t happen at the FBI office | 不是35钟前 发生在汤姆・加菲特工 |
[19:10] | of Agent Tom Garfield about 35 minutes ago? | 在FBI的办公室里? |
[19:17] | No, I think it was the diner. | 不,我想是在餐车 |
[19:22] | Ma… | 妈…… |
[19:23] | All right, so I went to visit him. | 好吧,我去见了他 |
[19:25] | Love makes you do crazy things sometimes. | 爱有时候让人做出疯狂的事 |
[19:28] | Banana cream pie… | 菠萝奶油派…… |
[19:29] | How did you find out? | 你怎么发现的? |
[19:31] | He called me. | 他给我打了电话 |
[19:32] | What?! | 什么?! |
[19:34] | How dare he stick his nose into my business! | 他怎么敢管我的闲事! |
[19:39] | Look, Ma, he told me what you said. | 看,妈,他告诉了我你说了什么 |
[19:42] | Well, he’s a liar. | 唔,他是个骗子 |
[19:44] | Look, Ma… | 看,妈…… |
[19:47] | he told me how you feel about my job. | 他告诉我 你对我的工作是什么感觉 |
[19:49] | Well, I’m sorry. I can’t help it. | 唔,很抱歉。 我没法不那样 |
[19:55] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:07] | So, you going to work now? | 那么,你要去上班了? |
[20:09] | Yep. | 是的 |
[20:10] | – Well, then, you… – I’ll be careful. | – 唔,那么,你…… – 我会小心的 |
[20:16] | Come on, I’ll walk you to your car. | 来吧,我送你到车上 |
[20:19] | Listen, just so you know… | 听着,跟你说吧…… |
[20:21] | I didn’t make everything up, I really did stop for pie. | 我不是瞎编的, 我真的停下买了派 |
[20:24] | That’s okay. | 没事的 |
[20:25] | But it was coconut. | 不过是椰子的 |
[20:27] | I don’t know why I changed it. | 我不知道我为什么要改掉 |
[20:34] | Oh, boy. | 哦,乖乖 |
[20:36] | How much longer until “The Prince Raymond Show” comes on? | 还要多久才到 《雷蒙德王子节目》? |
[20:40] | Uh, we got about a minute. | 呃,还有大概1分钟 |
[20:44] | I thought you weren’t gonna watch it, Ma. | 我以为你打算看了,妈 |
[20:46] | Quiet. | 安静 |
[20:48] | Move over. | 过去点 |
[20:51] | Here, Uncle Robert. | 给,罗伯特叔叔 |
[20:53] | Hey, what’s this? | 嘿,这是什么? |
[20:54] | I heard about your lucky suit, | 我听说了你的幸运西装 |
[20:56] | So I made you this lucky hat. | 所以我给你做了这个幸运帽子 |
[20:58] | Aww-ww. | 噢 |
[20:59] | Thanks, Geoffrey. | 谢谢,杰弗里 |
[21:01] | That is so sweet of him. That means so much to… | 他真可爱。 这对我的意义太…… |
[21:04] | Quiet, quiet. Here comes Raymond. | 安静,安静。 雷蒙德要出来了 |
[21:14] | Game check will not be seen tonight | 赛事播报今晚取消 |
[21:17] | so that we can bring you | 以便为您带来 |
[21:18] | continuing local election coverage. | 不间断的地区选举报道 |
[21:21] | – What? – Are you kidding me?! | – 什么? – 这是开玩笑吗?! |
[21:38] | I was funny, too. I was good on it. | 我也很有趣。 我表现得很好 |