时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Hey, Ray, | 嘿,雷 |
[00:12] | I was cleaning out the basement and… | 我在打扫地下室,然后…… |
[00:14] | by the way, did you know your family’s downstairs? | 顺便问一句, 你知不知道你家人在楼下? |
[00:17] | Why do you think I’m upstairs? | 你以为我为什么在楼上? |
[00:21] | Why do you think I’m cleaning out the basement? | 你以为我为什么 在打扫地下室? |
[00:23] | Anyway, I was down there, | 总之,我在下面, |
[00:25] | and I came across a box of your old trophies. | 然后我发现一盒子 你的老奖杯 |
[00:27] | What, my foosball trophies? | 什么,我的桌上足球奖杯? |
[00:29] | No, your Nobel prizes. | 不,你的诺贝尔奖 |
[00:33] | And look at this… I found this in there. | 看看这个…… 我在那发现了这个 |
[00:35] | What? | 什么? |
[00:37] | This tape. It says “Karen 1982” on it. | 这盒带子。写着“凯伦,1982” |
[00:44] | I don’t know what that is. | 我不知道那是什么 |
[00:48] | Sounds like something from your college days. | 听着像是你大学时候的东西 |
[00:50] | Who’s “Karen 1982”? | 谁是“凯伦,1982”? |
[00:52] | I don’t know, some girl, some nobody from the early 80s… | 不知道,某个女生, 某个80年代早期的无名小辈…… |
[00:55] | Nobody you have to worry about. | 你不需要担心任何人 |
[00:57] | Here, let’s play it. | 来,咱们来放放 |
[00:59] | No, no, no! You don’t play it! | 不,不,不!你不能放它! |
[01:01] | Relax! I’ve heard it already. | 放松!我听过了 |
[01:03] | What?! You already listened to it? | 什么?!你听过了? |
[01:05] | That seems like an invasion of… everything! | 这可像是侵犯…… 所有事! |
[01:07] | I know. I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 我知道。对不起,对不起 |
[01:09] | Here we go. | 来了 |
[01:12] | Hi, this is Ray. If I’m not here, | 嗨,我是雷。 如果我不在, |
[01:16] | I’m probably hanging at the quad with my girl, Karen. | 很可能正和我姑娘凯伦 在四方院子里待着 |
[01:18] | You know it! | 你知道的! |
[01:21] | Ray, it’s Karen. | 雷,我是凯伦 |
[01:23] | Listen, there’s something I need to say. | 听着,我有点事要说 |
[01:25] | I wanted to tell you at the Kappa Delta Hoedown, | 我在卡帕-德尔塔土风舞会上 就想告诉你 |
[01:28] | but you were having so much fun playing foosball, so… | 可你玩桌上足球玩得那么开心, 所以…… |
[01:32] | well, I’ll just say it. | 唔,我还是直说吧 |
[01:34] | I was thinking that | 我在想 |
[01:36] | maybe we should start seeing other people | 也许咱们应该开始见别的人了 |
[01:39] | and, you know… not each other. | 而且,你知道…… 不是咱俩之间 |
[01:42] | I’m sorry to kinda break up and everything on the phone, | 我很抱歉在电话上分手, |
[01:45] | but I didn’t wanna… | 可我并不想…… |
[01:47] | anyway. Okay, I gotta go. | 总之。好了,我得走了 |
[01:51] | And you should change your outgoing message, okay? | 还有你应该换掉 你的留言了,好吗? |
[01:54] | Bye. | 再见 |
[01:59] | I was wondering why she hadn’t called. | 我还在想她为什么 不打电话了呢 |
[02:05] | Why would you keep a tape of a girl | 你为什么留着一个姑娘 |
[02:07] | – breaking up with you? – I didn’t keep it. | – 和你分手的带子? – 我没留着 |
[02:09] | It’s okay. You can keep whatever you want. | 没关系。你想留什么都可以 |
[02:11] | – I’m just curious. – I didn’t keep it! | – 我只是好奇 – 我没留! |
[02:17] | Come on, Ray, you kept it. | 行了,雷,你留了 |
[02:19] | You took it out of the answering machine, | 你把它从答录机里拿出来, |
[02:21] | you labeled it, and you placed it in a box | 贴上标签, 把它和一堆 |
[02:23] | along with a bunch of lame foosball trophies. | 蹩脚的桌上足球奖杯 放在一个盒子里 |
[02:25] | Lame? | 蹩脚? |
[02:26] | I was playing at a level that you will never understand. | 我玩的水平你是 永远无法领会的 |
[02:33] | And I noticed you took the time to pop out the tabs, | 并且我注意到你花了时间 把上面的小块弄出来, |
[02:37] | which you neglected to do with our wedding video. | 而对咱们的婚礼录像 你可忘了干这个了 |
[02:43] | All right. So you’re jealous. | 好吧。所以你吃醋了 |
[02:45] | I’m not jealous! | 我没吃醋! |
[02:47] | I just think it’s a little weird | 我只是想这有点怪怪的 |
[02:48] | that you would keep a breakup tape for 20 years. | 你把一盒分手带子保留了20年 |
[02:51] | I don’t see how that’s weird. | 我看不出来有什么怪的 |
[02:52] | A breakup tape? | 分手带子? |
[02:54] | – That’s like keeping a hangnail. – No, it’s not, okay? | – 这就像是留手上的倒刺 – 不,那不是,好吗? |
[02:58] | There’s plenty of people that would keep this. | 多的是人会留这个 |
[02:59] | – Who? – Anybody! | – 谁? – 任何人! |
[03:00] | – Nobody. – Not nobody, because l-body! | – 没人 – 不是没人,因为是我人! |
[03:06] | “l-body”? | “我人”? |
[03:07] | The hardest thing to believe about this tape | 这盒带子最让人难以相信的是 |
[03:09] | is that you went to college. | 你上了大学 |
[03:11] | Yeah, all right. Just gimme my tape. | 是啊,好吧。 把我的带子给我就好了 |
[03:13] | When you tell me why you keep it. | 你先告诉我你为什么留着它 |
[03:15] | I don’t have to tell you anything! | 我不需要告诉你所有事! |
[03:17] | What you did is unconscionable. | 你的行为是昧良心的 |
[03:18] | That’s right, there’s your college. | 没错,这就是你的大学 |
[03:22] | Why are we yelling? | 为什么大家在嚷嚷? |
[03:25] | Geez, Ma, nobody’s yelling. | 天,妈,没人嚷嚷 |
[03:26] | Then why am I up here? | 那我怎么会上来? |
[03:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:30] | Hey, what’s with the yelling? | 嘿,嚷嚷什么呢? |
[03:32] | Yeah, what’s with the yelling? | 是啊,嚷嚷什么呢? |
[03:34] | Could everybody please go? | 大家都离开行吗? |
[03:36] | Why are you in your underwear? | 你怎么穿着内裤? |
[03:38] | Because this is my bedroom! | 因为这是我的卧室! |
[03:41] | I’m glad you’re all here. Let me ask you something. | 我很高兴你们都在。 让我来问问你们 |
[03:43] | Do you think it’s weird that someone would keep a tape | 你们不觉得某个人留着 某个人20年前 |
[03:45] | of someone breaking up with them for 20 years? | 和他们分手的带子很奇怪吗? |
[03:48] | “Karen 1982”? | “凯伦,1982”? |
[03:52] | How the hell do you know about that? | 你怎么知道的? |
[03:53] | I came across it one day | 我有一天给你的 |
[03:55] | when I was drawing genitals on your foosball trophies. | 桌上足球奖杯画鸡鸡 的时候撞见的 |
[03:58] | You really are a mental case, you know that? | 你还真是神经的厉害,你知道吗? |
[04:02] | So this Karen broad | 那这个叫凯伦的娘们 |
[04:03] | dumped you over the phone on a tape? | 用电话录音把你甩了? |
[04:07] | You never told me anything about a Karen. | 你从没跟我说起过凯伦 |
[04:11] | How long did you two date? | 你们俩约会了多久? |
[04:12] | I don’t know… like five months. | 我不知道…… 可能5个月 |
[04:15] | You went together five months, | 你们处了5个月, |
[04:16] | and this is how I find out about it? | 而这就是我得知的方式? |
[04:18] | Come on, Ma! It was 20 years ago! | 行了,妈!那都是20年前了! |
[04:21] | What were you doing with her? | 你和她干了什么? |
[04:23] | Nothing that kept her happy. | 绝对不是让她高兴的 |
[04:29] | I gotta tell ya, | 我得说, |
[04:31] | breakin’ up on the answering machine | 用答录机分手 |
[04:32] | is the way to go. | 是个好办法 |
[04:34] | If those things were around in my day, | 要是我那阵子有这种东西, |
[04:36] | I wouldn’t have had to move so much. | 我就用不着跑得那么勤了 |
[04:42] | But nobody thinks it’s odd | 可是,没人觉得 |
[04:44] | that someone would keep a tape like this? | 有人留这种带子 奇怪吗? |
[04:47] | I tell you what it is, it’s dumb. | 我告诉你那是什么,那是傻 |
[04:49] | You should get rid of all evidence of the past. | 你应该把过去的证据都处理掉 |
[04:51] | I kept everything from my past relationships. | 我以前交往时的东西都留着 |
[04:54] | She had to… it’s tough to throw out a cave painting. | 她是不得不……扔掉洞穴绘画太残忍 |
[05:04] | I keep things, too, but they’re… | 我也保留东西,可那都是…… |
[05:07] | they’re happy things. | 开心的东西 |
[05:08] | You know… a letter, pictures. | 你知道……信、画 |
[05:10] | Someone wrote me a poem once. | 有个人有次还给我写过诗 |
[05:12] | Poem? From who? | 诗?谁写的? |
[05:13] | What poem? Who writes you poems? | 什么诗? 谁给你写诗? |
[05:16] | A guy I knew in the 10th grade. | 我10年级认识的一个家伙 |
[05:18] | But it’s a happy poem, makes me smile when I read it. | 可那是快乐的诗, 读着能让我笑 |
[05:21] | You still read it? | 你还在读它? |
[05:22] | I have, once or twice. | 是的,一两次吧 |
[05:27] | You never told me about a poem. | 你从没跟我提起过诗 |
[05:29] | Burn everything, I tell ya! | 全烧掉,我告诉你! |
[05:33] | Such secrets from your husband. | 对你的丈夫保留这么多秘密 |
[05:35] | I’m not keeping secrets! | 我没保留秘密! |
[05:37] | Ray, I didn’t tell you | 雷,我没告诉你 |
[05:39] | because every time I mention an old boyfriend, | 是因为我每次一提到 以前的某个男朋友, |
[05:40] | you say, ” I don’t want to hear it.” | 你就说: “我不想听” |
[05:42] | He doesn’t want to know about it. | 他不想知道 |
[05:45] | Look, this is not unusual. Everybody keeps nice stuff… | 看,这没有什么不正常。 每个人都会保留美好的东西 |
[05:48] | what they don’t keep are breakup tapes. | 他们不会保留的是 分手的带子 |
[05:51] | Forget it, just forget it! | 算了,当我没说! |
[05:53] | You know where it’s nice? In the basement. | 你知道它好在哪? 地下室里 |
[05:57] | Can I hear that Karen tape? | 我能听听那盒凯伦的带子吗? |
[05:59] | No, it’s none of your business. | 不,没你的事 |
[06:03] | I have a copy. | 我有备份 |
[06:16] | Okay. Debra, I was thinkin’- – | 好了。黛比拉,我在想…… |
[06:18] | I now understand that it is kinda weird | 我现在理解 留着那盒带子 |
[06:20] | to keep that tape. | 是有点怪了 |
[06:21] | Can we just drop the whole thing? | 咱们能不能 别提了这件事? |
[06:23] | No! I wish that I had told you about it. | 不!我希望我跟你说过那件事 |
[06:26] | I should’ve been more open. We should be more open. | 我应该更坦白。 咱们应该更坦白 |
[06:28] | I think from now on, we should both be open. | 我想从今以后,咱们俩都应该坦白 |
[06:31] | Let’s consider this “opening night.” | 咱们就把这当成“坦白之夜” |
[06:34] | – Ray… – In this shoebox, | – 雷…… – 这个鞋盒里的, |
[06:36] | I have everything from my past relationships. | 是我以前交往的所有东西 |
[06:39] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[06:40] | Yeah. And I’m gonna show it to you. | 是的。并且我要拿给让你看 |
[06:42] | Just to show you that, you know, I can show. | 只是让你知道, 你知道,我能给人看 |
[06:44] | Great, if you want. | 好极了,如果你想的话 |
[06:46] | I do! I do! I really do. | 我想!我想! 我真的想 |
[06:51] | You first. | 你先 |
[06:53] | What? | 什么? |
[06:55] | Well, you got a poem, | 唔,你有一首诗 |
[06:57] | you said there’s some other stuff… | 你说还有其它的东西…… |
[06:58] | – I wanna see what you got. – Why? | – 我想看看你有什么 – 为什么? |
[07:01] | Are we gonna be open, or not? | 咱们到底坦不坦白了? |
[07:03] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:04] | I mean, of course I wanna be open. | 我的意思是, 我当然想坦白了 |
[07:06] | But I don’t think you’re doing this for the right reason. | 可我不认为你这么做 是为了正确的理由 |
[07:09] | Is wanting to be closer to you | 向更亲近你 |
[07:11] | not the right reason? | 不是正确的理由吗? |
[07:14] | You are so full of it! | 你还真是能掰! |
[07:16] | But I do want to be more open, and I would like to be closer. | 可我的确想更坦白, 我也想跟亲近 |
[07:19] | What am I saying here? | 我在说什么呢? |
[07:21] | Okay, you sure? | 好吧,你确信? |
[07:22] | Yes! Let’s do this. Show me your stuff. | 是的!来吧。 让我看看你的东西 |
[07:24] | Good! This is good. | 好极了!这就好 |
[07:26] | I’m glad we’re doin’ this. | 我很高兴咱们能做这个 |
[07:28] | This is gonna be good for our marriage. | 我对咱们的婚姻会有好处 |
[07:30] | Wow! | 喔! |
[07:41] | What do you got in there… | 你里面都有什么…… |
[07:43] | a poem, or the guy who wrote it? | 一首诗,还是写那诗的家伙? |
[07:46] | What can I say? | 我能说什么呢? |
[07:47] | I’ve inspired some writing. | 我启发出了诗的灵感 |
[07:49] | Okay. Go ahead. | 好吧。继续 |
[07:51] | No, no, no. You heard my tape. | 不,不,不。你听了我的带子 |
[07:53] | It’s your turn. Let’s start with the poem. | 轮你了。 从那首诗开始 |
[07:56] | All right. | 好吧 |
[08:02] | That was fast. | 真够快的 |
[08:04] | What, you got it alphabetized? | 怎么,你按字母顺序排好了? |
[08:06] | You want to hear the poem or not? | 你想不想听这首诗了? |
[08:08] | Yeah. | 想 |
[08:09] | This is from Chad. | 来自乍得 |
[08:11] | Chad. | 乍得 |
[08:17] | “Debra’s eyes.” | 《黛比拉的眼睛》 |
[08:18] | “Brown as earth, | “鲜褐如土 |
[08:20] | Giveth life to tree and brush. | 予高树矮灌生情 |
[08:22] | Speckled green, like the breast of a thrush. | 绿意点点,如歌鸫柔脯 |
[08:25] | Yellow ringed as the sun on a web. | 嫩黄成晕,如日映蛛网 |
[08:28] | So many colors in thine eye, | 卿眼几多彩 |
[08:31] | My Deb.” | 吾黛比” |
[08:36] | Oh, my God! | Oh, my God! 哦,我的天! 哦,我的天! |
[08:42] | Whoo-hoo! Ohhh, man! | 呜呼!哦,天! |
[08:45] | – That’s the poem? – Don’t make fun of it! | – 就这诗? – 别拿这取笑! |
[08:48] | I don’t have to. Read it again. | 我不用的。再读一遍 |
[08:50] | It happens to be very romantic! | 着碰巧非常浪漫! |
[08:52] | Yeah, yeah. Read it again. | 是啊是啊。再读一遍 |
[08:54] | No! You don’t appreciate it. | 不!你欣赏不了 |
[08:56] | For your information, he wrote this in the 10th grade, | 告诉你吧,这是他10年级写的, |
[08:59] | and he ended up going to Yale. | 并且他后来上了耶鲁 |
[09:00] | Not on a poetry scholarship. | 不是拿诗歌奖学金的 |
[09:03] | Well, I don’t see you writing me any poems! | 唔,我可没见 你给我写过一首诗! |
[09:05] | I can’t now. Chad killed poetry. | 我现在不能了。 乍得谋杀了诗 |
[09:10] | So that’s all you got? | 你就有这个? |
[09:12] | Some rhymes about your many-colored eyeball? | 关于你的眼球颜色的韵文? |
[09:15] | – No. There are letters and gifts. – Gifts? What gift? | – 不。还有信和礼物 – 礼物?什么礼物? |
[09:19] | You didn’t tell me about any gifts. | 你没跟我提过任何礼物 |
[09:21] | What? Show me a gift. | 什么?给我看看礼物 |
[09:22] | – They’re not in the box. – Where are they? | – 不在盒子里 – 在哪? |
[09:25] | – Around. – Around where? | – 周围 – 什么周围? |
[09:27] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[09:29] | I got that bird feeder out in back. | 后院有个喂鸟器 |
[09:31] | That was from a boyfriend? | 那是一个男朋友送的? |
[09:34] | That’s a great gift. | 非常好的礼物 |
[09:35] | Guarantees the birds are nice and full | 保证那些鸟 从我车上飞过的时候 |
[09:37] | when they fly over my car. | 吃得饱饱 |
[09:40] | Boy, that Chad’s a real winner. | 乖乖,那个乍得真是赢到了 |
[09:43] | It wasn’t from Chad. That was from Gary. | 那不是乍得送的。 是盖里 |
[09:45] | Gary? Oh, another guy. | 盖里?哦,另一个家伙 |
[09:48] | What’s Gary’s deal? Huh? | 他又怎么扯进来的? 哈? |
[09:50] | He a good kisser? | 他吻技厉害? |
[09:52] | Okay, listen, I’m sorry I brought this out. | 好了,听着,我很抱歉提起这个 |
[09:55] | Come on, is he a good kisser? | 说吧,他很会亲嘴? |
[09:57] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[09:58] | Come on. I just wanna know | 说吧。我只想 |
[10:00] | when I’m hosing off my windshield | 在冲挡风玻璃的时候 知道 |
[10:02] | that the kissing was good. | 亲吻非常好 |
[10:03] | Ray, I really don’t remember. | 雷,我真的不记得了 |
[10:05] | None of these guys mean anything to me now. | 这些家伙现在对我 没任何意义了 |
[10:07] | – What other gifts do you have? – I don’t know. | – 你还有什么礼物? – 我不知道 |
[10:09] | Um, the pepper grinder. | 呃,捣胡椒罐 |
[10:11] | The pepper grinder? | 捣胡椒罐? |
[10:13] | Our pepper grinder? | 咱们的捣胡椒罐? |
[10:16] | The grinder I pepper my food with? | 我拿来给我的食物放胡椒的? |
[10:23] | Come… what else? | 快……还有什么? |
[10:25] | Ally’s doll with the blue dress. | 爱丽穿蓝裙子的娃娃 |
[10:27] | Susanna? | 苏珊娜? |
[10:30] | Some boyfriend gave Ally the Susanna doll? | 某个男朋友给爱丽买娃娃? |
[10:33] | No, he gave it to me. | 不,他送我的 |
[10:35] | Why did you let her play with it? | 你为什么让她玩? |
[10:36] | She saw it and she wanted it. She didn’t know where it was from. | 她看见了,然后就想要。 她不知道是哪来的 |
[10:39] | So she just saw some boyfriend doll? | 她就那么看到了个 男朋友的娃娃? |
[10:41] | What, did you have it out when you were reading poetry | 怎么,你拿出来的? 在你读诗、 |
[10:44] | and feeding the birds? | 喂鸟的时候? |
[10:47] | With… pepper? | 用……胡椒? |
[10:51] | You know… | 你知道…… |
[10:53] | Maybe I don’t wanna be closer to you. | 也许我不想和你亲近 |
[10:55] | It’s too late now. We’re close, my friend. What else? | 现在迟了。 咱们亲近了,我的朋友。还有什么? |
[10:59] | – Ray, come on. – No, no. Come on. | – 雷,得了吧 – 不不。说吧 |
[11:01] | I want to know about all your other… | 我想知道你所有其他的…… |
[11:03] | lover gifts. | 情人礼物 |
[11:14] | Go ahead. | 继续 |
[11:16] | What, are you gonna write these down? | 怎么,你还要写下来? |
[11:18] | Yeah, for insurance purposes. Let’s go, keep going. | 是的,以备保险之用。 来吧,继续 |
[11:21] | Okay, all right. | 好,那好吧 |
[11:22] | The leaky cooler in the garage. | 车库里的滴滴冷却器 |
[11:24] | “Sucky cooler.” | “白痴冷却器” |
[11:28] | “Leaky cooler.” | “滴滴冷却器” |
[11:29] | Yeah, I got my own system. What else? | 是,我有我自己的体系。 还有什么? |
[11:32] | The lamp with the horses. | 有马的台灯 |
[11:34] | “Horse’s ass lamp.” | “马屁台灯” |
[11:39] | Keep goin’. | 继续 |
[11:40] | There are some other things, | 还有别的东西 |
[11:42] | but I don’t wanna play this anymore. | 可我不想玩这个了 |
[11:43] | What other things? | 什么别的东西? |
[11:44] | God, these things must be everywhere, right? | 天,这些东西无处不在了,是不是? |
[11:46] | What about in here? Huh? | 这里呢?哈? |
[11:48] | Anything in our bedroom? | 咱们卧室里有吗? |
[11:50] | From your past? | 你过去的东西? |
[11:53] | No. | 不 |
[11:55] | There is. There is, isn’t there? | 有。有的,是不是? |
[11:57] | What? What is it? | 什么?是什么? |
[11:59] | Am I wearing any of it? | 我穿着吗? |
[12:08] | The white picture frame. | 那个白像框 |
[12:12] | That’s around a picture of our children! | 那个框着咱们孩子的照片! |
[12:18] | Wait a minute. | 等一等 |
[12:20] | They’re our kids, Ray! | 那是咱们的孩子,雷! |
[12:26] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[12:28] | You sure that they weren’t a “gift?” | 你确定他们不是:“礼物”? |
[12:30] | – Honey, calm down! – No! | – 亲爱的,冷静! – 不! |
[12:33] | Oh, Ray, come on. Come here. | 哦,雷,行了。过来 |
[12:35] | No, no, no… | 不,不,不…… |
[12:37] | you can’t lure me with your sex! | 你别想用性来诱惑我 |
[12:41] | That’s how you do it, right? | 你就是这么做的,是不是? |
[12:42] | I come over there, and the next thing you know, | 我过去了,等我醒过来, |
[12:45] | I’m in a cage with Chad and Gary, | 我和乍得、盖里进了一个笼子 |
[12:47] | goin’, ” I hope Debra comes back!” | 喊着:“我希望黛比拉回来!” |
[12:48] | Well, no, thank you! | 唔,不,谢了! |
[12:56] | Hey, where you been? | 嘿,你去哪了? |
[12:58] | What’s all this stuff? | 这是些什么? |
[13:00] | I bought some things. | 我买了点东西 |
[13:02] | I thought it was time to get some new, better things. | 我想是时候买点新的、更好的东西了 |
[13:08] | What did you get? | 你买了什么? |
[13:09] | What did I get? I got some great stuff. | 我买了什么? 我买了很棒的东西 |
[13:11] | I got a cooler, a lamp, a picture frame… | 我买了冷却器、台灯、 相框…… |
[13:15] | and a pepper mill that has been “chef recommended.” | 还有“厨师推荐”的碾胡椒器 |
[13:30] | Some new, better things. | 一些新的、更好的东西 |
[13:32] | Oh, and I almost forgot… | 哦,我差点忘了…… |
[13:38] | “Debra’s ears.” | 《黛比拉的耳朵》 |
[13:43] | “One on each side, | “一边一只 |
[13:45] | Like a dainty cup, | 像个小巧的杯子 |
[13:46] | So gently they hold thine sunglasses up. | 温柔的托着你的太阳镜 |
[13:51] | So round and nice, with a subtle ridge, | 那么圆和可爱, 若隐若现的脊 |
[13:54] | There’s no bone in there, it’s cartilage.” | 那里没有骨头,是软骨的” |
[14:05] | Okay, very nice. | 好的,非常好 |
[14:07] | So, now that we have all these things, | 那么,现在咱们什么都有了 |
[14:09] | you can get rid of all your other stuff. | 你可以把你 其他的东西都扔了吧 |
[14:11] | – Ray… – What? | – 雷…… – 怎么了? |
[14:13] | lf, as you say, Chad and Gary | 如果,像你说的, 乍得和盖里 |
[14:15] | and the other givers of gifts don’t mean anything, | 还有其他送礼物的人 没任何意义 |
[14:17] | then you should have no reason to keep that stuff, so let’s just toss it out. | 那你就没有理由再留着那些东西了, 所以咱们扔出去吧 |
[14:20] | Don’t you think you’re going a little overboard? | 你不觉得你有点过头了吗? |
[14:22] | No, I do not. | 不,我没有 |
[14:24] | You’re a completely rational person? | 你是个完全理性的人? |
[14:26] | Yes, I am. | 是的 |
[14:27] | Has anyone seen Susanna? | 谁看到苏珊娜了吗? |
[14:33] | You didn’t! | 你不是吧! |
[14:36] | Didn’t what? | 不是什么? |
[14:38] | How are we supposed to know where your doll is? | 我们怎么会知道你的娃娃在哪? |
[14:39] | Maybe this is what happens | 也许这就是你 |
[14:41] | when you don’t take care of your things. | 不打理自己东西的结果 |
[14:42] | Ray! | 雷! |
[14:45] | – Did you look under your bed? – Yes. | – 你看了床下吗? – 看了 |
[14:47] | – And the rest of your room? – Yes. | – 你房里其它地方呢? – 是的 |
[14:48] | – And the trunk of my car? – No. | – 我车子的后备箱? – 没 |
[14:52] | Well, maybe before you come in here and start going, | 唔,也许在你进来然后叫什么 |
[14:55] | “Mommy, Daddy, I can’t find my things,” | “妈咪,爹地,我找不到我的东西” 之前 |
[14:57] | maybe you should look there. | 也许你该看看那 |
[15:08] | What were you gonna do, Ray… dump the doll’s body in Jersey? | 你想干什么,雷…… 把娃娃的尸体扔到新泽西? |
[15:17] | I was just gonna take it for a ride. | 我只是想带它搭个阴阳车 |
[15:20] | Maybe… | 也许…… |
[15:22] | to come back with a brand-new, better doll. | 带个崭新的、更好的娃娃回来 |
[15:25] | Maybe a black one, unless maybe you have some kinda problem with that. | 也许带个黑的, 除非你对这有什么意见 |
[15:29] | Oh, you are out of your mind! | 哦,你脑子秀逗了! |
[15:30] | Are you gonna throw out the stuff or not? | 你到底扔不扔出去? |
[15:33] | – No! – I would do it for you! | – 不! – 我可以为你扔掉我的! |
[15:35] | I would never ask you to do that. | 我绝不会叫你那么做的 |
[15:36] | You wouldn’t have to… | 你用不着…… |
[15:38] | I’d never put you in a position of having to! | 我绝不会害你必须说出来! |
[15:40] | Here, my entire pre-Debra female history, gone! | 这,我的全部 前黛比拉女性史,没了! |
[15:44] | – What are you doing? – I do it for you! | – 你干什么? – 我为你做的! |
[15:46] | Oh, this is crazy! | 哦,这真是疯了! |
[15:48] | Wait a minute. What’s in here? | 等一等。 这里面是什么? |
[15:50] | This is just the tape and a shoe horn. | 就只有那盒磁带和一个鞋拔 |
[15:53] | There’s nothing in here. | 没有别的了 |
[15:55] | What, are you bluffing so I’ll throw out my stuff? | 怎么,你虚张声势 好让我把我的东西扔掉? |
[15:57] | I wasn’t bluffing… | 我没虚张声势…… |
[16:00] | Debra. | 黛比拉 |
[16:04] | That’s all there is. | 全在这了 |
[16:06] | A shoe horn? | 鞋拔? |
[16:09] | It came with the box. | 那是盒子里带的 |
[16:20] | What about that “What-a-Hunk” mug with the hearts? | 那个画着心的 “了不起的男子汉”的杯子呢? |
[16:26] | From my mom. | 我妈送的 |
[16:32] | Don’t feel sorry for me, | 别替我难过 |
[16:34] | unless you’re feelin’ sorry for me | 除非你替我难过 |
[16:36] | because I have to live in a museum of your erotic past. | 是因为我得住在你的 色情过往博物馆 |
[16:39] | It is not a museum. | 那不是博物馆 |
[16:41] | So you admit it was erotic! | 那你承认了是色情的了! |
[16:44] | You know what? It’s time to clean house. | 知道吗? 是时候清扫房子了 |
[16:47] | All right. Okay, fine. | 好吧。好的,没问题 |
[16:48] | You… you throw it all out if you want. | 你……你想扔的话 随便扔好了 |
[16:50] | You can throw out all my stuff, I don’t care about that stuff. | 你可以把我的东西全扔出去, 我不在乎那些东西 |
[16:53] | But if you think that you are going to erase my past, | 可是如果你以为你 能抹掉我的过去 |
[16:56] | you are not gonna do that. | 你做不了的 |
[16:58] | And I don’t know why you would want to do that. | 并且我也不知道 你为什么想那么做 |
[17:02] | Because my past has made me who I am. | 因为我的过去塑造了现在的我 |
[17:09] | So I can throw it all out? | 那我可以全扔掉了? |
[17:17] | You know, you have a problem. | 知道吗,你有问题 |
[17:19] | You know what your problem is? That tape. | 你知道你的问题是什么吗? 那盒带子 |
[17:21] | – No, it’s not. – Yes, it is. | – 不,不是的 – 是的,就是 |
[17:23] | You think all these gifts mean as much to me | 你认为这些礼物对我 |
[17:25] | as your precious tape means to you. | 就像你的宝贝带子 对你一样重要 |
[17:27] | The tape doesn’t mean anything to me, | 那盒带子对我没任何意义 |
[17:29] | you just saw me throw it in the garbage! | 你刚看到我扔到垃圾箱里! |
[17:30] | And I saw your face when you listened to it. | 我还看见你听着 那声音的时候的脸 |
[17:32] | All of a sudden it was 20 years ago, | 突然之间 就到了20年前 |
[17:34] | and we were back in your dorm room. | 咱们回到了你的宿舍 |
[17:35] | I didn’t make any face. | 我没做任何脸 |
[17:37] | You turned all red and embarrassed. | 你脸色通红、尴尬得要死 |
[17:41] | Like on our first date when you ordered the… | 好像咱们第一次约会, 你点…… |
[17:44] | “filet mignon.” | “可爱牛里脊”的时候 |
[17:54] | So? It’s a little embarrassing. | 那又怎么样?那是有点尴尬 |
[17:56] | No. It’s more than that. | 不。不只是那样 |
[17:58] | But if you don’t want to tell me why | 不过你要是不想告诉我 为什么 |
[18:00] | “Karen 1982” still means so much to you, | “凯伦,1982”对你还这么重要 |
[18:03] | I’m not gonna keep asking. | 我不会问下去的 |
[18:14] | Why did she break up with me? | 为什么她和我分手? |
[18:16] | What? | 什么? |
[18:18] | That’s why I kept the tape for so long. | 所以我才把那盒带子 留了这么久 |
[18:21] | I just… wanted to figure it out. | 我只是……想明白 |
[18:24] | Could you listen to the tape? | 你能听听这带子吗? |
[18:26] | Maybe there’s some hidden woman thing I’m not hearing. | 也许里面有什么 女人的暗语我没听出来的 |
[18:29] | I heard the tape. She doesn’t say why she breaks up with you. | 我听过了。她没说为什么和你分手 |
[18:33] | Why doesn’t she? | 她为什么不说? |
[18:34] | I wasn’t there. | 我不在场 |
[18:37] | What happened? | 发生了什么? |
[18:38] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:40] | Things were goin’ good, | 事情原本很顺利 |
[18:42] | we had been goin’ out for a couple months… | 我们一起出去了两个月…… |
[18:45] | it seemed like she was happy with me. | 她好像和我很开心 |
[18:48] | Then I remember we went to see “Tootsie.” | 然后我记得我们去看 《窈窕淑男》 |
[18:50] | I liked it, she liked it, | 我喜欢,她也喜欢 |
[18:51] | we had fun… | 我们很开心…… |
[18:53] | Next thing I know, “Good bye, forever, Ray.” | 才一眨眼, “永别了,雷” |
[18:56] | What did I do? | 我做了什么? |
[18:58] | People liked “Tootsie,” right? | 大家都喜欢《窈窕淑男》,不是吗? |
[19:03] | – I liked it. – See? | – 我喜欢 – 看到了? |
[19:06] | So what was it? | 那到底是为什么? |
[19:08] | It’s like somebody can break up with you | 好像别人可以 没有任何理由的 |
[19:10] | at any time for no reason. | 随便什么时候 就和你分手 |
[19:17] | I just always wanted to know why, you know? | 我只是一直都想知道 为什么,你知道吗? |
[19:36] | Hi, Ray. This is Debra. | 嗨,雷。我是黛比拉 |
[19:39] | Um… l’ve been doing some thinking, | 呃……我想了想 |
[19:41] | and these are the reasons why we should break up. | 咱们应该分手的理由 有以下几条 |
[19:44] | You’re obsessive, insecure, selfish. | 你有强迫症、没安全感、自私自利 |
[19:49] | You don’t always have the best judgment | 对你的孩子和他们的娃娃 |
[19:51] | with your children and their dolls… | 不总是有好的判断力…… |
[19:54] | and yet… | 尽管这样…… |
[19:56] | I’m never gonna leave you, ever, | 我绝不会离开你的,永远 |
[19:58] | because you happen to be perfect for me. | 因为你碰巧对我来说 很完美 |
[20:00] | And I love you very much, you stupid, stupid man. | 并且我非常爱你, 你个傻瓜、傻瓜的男人 |
[20:12] | Beep! | 哔! |
[20:19] | That’s the best message anybody’s ever left me. | 这是所有人给我留过的最好的言了 |
[20:31] | Still wanna lure me with your sex? | 还想用性引诱我吗? |
[20:38] | Did you ever listen to the rest of that tape from college? | 你有没有听你大学那盘的带子 的剩下部分? |
[20:41] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[20:42] | Sounded like there were a lot more messages on it. | 听起来上面还有很多留言 |
[20:45] | No, I didn’t listen. | 不,我没听 |
[20:46] | After the Karen message, all I could listen to was Dan Fogelberg. | 听完凯伦的留言之后, 我能听的只有Dan Fogelberg(钢琴家)了 |
[20:56] | You ready? You ready for this? | 准备好了?听听这个 |
[20:59] | Hello, Raymond, it’s your mother. | 哈喽,雷蒙德, 我是你妈 |
[21:04] | I haven’t heard from you today. | 我今天没听到你的消息 |
[21:06] | Did you enjoy the cookies I sent you? | 喜不喜欢我送的饼干? |
[21:10] | Raymond, it’s your mother. | 雷蒙德,我是你妈 |
[21:14] | I still haven’t heard from you. | 我还没你的信 |
[21:16] | I hope you’re all right. | 我希望你没事 |
[21:18] | Raymond Albert Barone! | 雷蒙德・阿尔伯特・巴伦! |
[21:21] | This is your mother! | 我是你妈! |
[21:22] | You pick up that phone and you call me! | 你把电话拿起来给我打! |
[21:26] | Ray, it’s your father. Jeezaloo, call your mother! | 雷,我是你爸。 老天,给你妈打电话! |
[21:29] | Ray, Robert. | 雷,罗伯特 |
[21:32] | I was thinkin’ of comin’ up this weekend. | 我在想这周末过来 |
[21:34] | Are you talking to Raymond? | 你在跟雷蒙德说话吗? |
[21:36] | I gotta get out of this house! | 我必须离开这房子! |
[21:39] | I can’t take it anymore. Why would you go to college? | 我再也受不了了。 你为什么要上大学? |
[21:41] | You gotta help me, man! | 你得帮帮我,伙计! |
[21:42] | Give me that phone! | 把电话给我! |
[21:44] | Ma, no… get outta my room! | 妈,不…… 从我房间出去! |