时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Debra what the hell happened to my dictionary? | 黛布拉 我的字典怎么回事啊 |
[00:05] | Oh yeah Ray. I’m sorry. I was going to tell you. | 噢 雷 抱歉 我原来打算告诉你的 |
[00:08] | I caught the boys sliding down the stairs on it. | 我看见儿子们坐在上面从楼梯上滑下来 |
[00:11] | Oh come on. it’s ruined. look at this. | 天哪 都毁了 看看 |
[00:14] | The leather binding’s all coming off the… | 装订在上面的皮都掉下来了 |
[00:17] | Pages are missin’ the cover’s comin’ off it. | 里面的页少了 封面也没了 |
[00:19] | Calm down Ray. it’s just a dictionary. | 冷静点 雷 就一本字典嘛 |
[00:22] | It’s not “just a dictionary ” Robert all right? | 这不是就一本字典 罗伯特 |
[00:25] | I won this in the seventh-grade spelling bee. | 这是我在七年级拼写比赛上赢的 |
[00:27] | Ah. another one of Raymond’s triumphs. | 噢 又一个雷蒙德的成就啊 |
[00:30] | Seventh-grade spelling. | 七年级拼写比赛 |
[00:33] | Gosh what word put you over the top Raymond? | 雷蒙德 你靠哪个词赢了比赛的 |
[00:36] | “boat”? | “船”? |
[00:41] | For your information I had to spell “vacuum.” | 告诉你吧 “吸尘器” 是”吸尘器” |
[00:44] | Okay? two “u’s.” | 知道吗 前鼻音的”尘” |
[00:47] | Or two “c’s.” | 还是后鼻音来着 |
[00:51] | I don’t know ’cause there’s no “v” in here. | 我不知道 因为声母”C”的那页没了 |
[00:59] | What goes around comes around huh Ray? | 这叫因果报应啊 雷 |
[01:01] | What do you mean? | 什么 |
[01:03] | Just like when you ruined my jazz records. | 就像你弄坏了我的爵士唱片 |
[01:05] | Oh all right. | 噢 行了 |
[01:06] | Dad we all know the story okay so not again. | 爸 我们都知道了 行了 别再提了 |
[01:10] | Why not? it’s a short story. | 为什么 故事不长 |
[01:13] | Once upon a time I had great jazz records. | 从前 我有超赞的爵士唱片 |
[01:16] | You were born now I don’t. | 然后你有了 然后唱片没了 |
[01:20] | All right! | 行啦 |
[01:21] | You been on me for this for over 30 years. | 你都朝我唠叨了30年了 |
[01:24] | – I believe it was the winter of ’69. – will you stop it? | -好像是69年的冬天吧 -别说了还行啊 |
[01:28] | I had just come home from a hard day’s work… | 我忙活了一天刚回来 |
[01:30] | If you’re gonna do this then just go home. | 如果你要接着讲 你还是回你家吧 |
[01:33] | Tell your story somewhere else. | 到别处去说去 |
[01:34] | Yeah let’s get ma to make us some hot chocolate. | 好吧 我们出去喝杯热巧克力 |
[01:37] | Ray if you need me I’ll be across the street | 雷 如果要帮忙 我就在对面 |
[01:39] | Not listening to my favorite jazz records. | 不在听我最喜欢的爵士乐 |
[01:43] | You never touched my stuff Robert. | 你从来不碰我的东西 罗伯特 |
[01:45] | It’s too bad Ray wasn’t more like you. | 雷要是有一点点像你就好了 |
[01:59] | Putz. | 傻瓜 |
[02:02] | P-u-t-z. | 傻 瓜 |
[02:05] | The putz walked into the door. | 傻瓜撞了门上 |
[02:08] | Putz. | 傻瓜 |
[02:13] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[02:14] | Hey. I’m glad you’re here. | 嘿 看到你太高兴了 |
[02:17] | Go get me some chips. | 给我去弄点薯片来 |
[02:20] | Actually I got something better for you. | 呃 事实上我给你带了点更好的东西 |
[02:23] | Chips and dip? | 薯条和蘸酱 |
[02:25] | Look I got you a gift okay? | 看 我送你一个礼物 好啊 |
[02:28] | I didn’t want to wait till christmas to give it to you | 我等不到圣诞了 现在就给你 |
[02:31] | So here. | 看 |
[02:36] | What the hell are these? | 这是什么鬼东西 |
[02:38] | Your jazz records. | 你的爵士乐唱片 |
[02:40] | These aren’t my records. | 这可不是我的唱片 |
[02:42] | They’re better than records. | 比唱片要好得多 |
[02:44] | They’re cds of your old records. | 这是你旧唱片的CD |
[02:46] | Where’s your cd player? | 你们的CD机上哪去了 |
[02:48] | I don’t have a cd player. | 哪来什么CD机 |
[02:50] | No you do. | 不 你们有 |
[02:52] | A couple of years ago | 几年前 |
[02:53] | Debra and I got you a portable one. | 黛布拉和我给你们买过一个便携式的 |
[02:55] | Oh yeah. | 噢 是的 |
[03:00] | It’s probably in the basement. | 可能在地下室 |
[03:03] | Okay. good. wait here. I’m gonna get it. | 好 好 你等会儿 我去拿 |
[03:05] | Your mother’s down there doing laundry. | 你妈在下面洗衣服呢 |
[03:06] | Tell her break time is over. I’m starving! | 告诉她别偷懒了 我快饿死了 |
[03:12] | Hey mom what are you doin’ | 嘿 妈 你在干嘛 |
[03:15] | Your father says the dryer makes his pants too tight. | 你爸说烘干机烘出来的裤子会变得很紧 |
[03:22] | I think that’s the refrigerator. | 我觉得是因为冰箱吧 |
[03:26] | Listen you got a cd player? | 你们的CD机呢? |
[03:29] | Yes we do. would you like it? | 嗯 在 你们要不要啊 |
[03:31] | Because we need the space. | 我们没地方放了 |
[03:34] | No ma. we gave it to you. | 不 妈 我们给你们了 |
[03:36] | And we love it. | 我们很喜欢 |
[03:39] | Okay all right where is it? | 好 在哪儿呢 |
[03:40] | It’s over there. | 那儿 |
[03:46] | Oh my god look at all this stuff! | 天啊 看看 看看这一堆的 |
[03:49] | Would you like a popcorn popper? | 你们要爆米花机啊 |
[03:53] | You didn’t give us that did you? | 这不是你们送的 是吗 |
[03:56] | Here it is… the cd player Debra and I got you. | 在这 黛布拉和我送你们的CD机 |
[03:59] | And look at this… it’s a clock radio. | 看看 还有个钟控收音机 |
[04:01] | A… a dvd player. | 一部DVD影碟机 |
[04:03] | A microwave oven. | 一台微波炉 |
[04:05] | Another microwave oven. | 另一台微波炉 |
[04:07] | Look at this. | 看看这 |
[04:09] | You didn’t even finish taking the wrapping off. | 甚至包装都没撕完 |
[04:11] | We don’t need an electrical knife. | 我们不需要电动刀 |
[04:13] | Cutting meat is your father’s only exercise. | 切肉是你爸唯一的运动 |
[04:19] | Hey Marie let’s go. | 嘿 玛丽 走 |
[04:20] | I need a damn sandwich before I get cranky. | 我要吃三明治 我都快饿疯了 |
[04:24] | Dad look at all this stuff. | 爸 看这一堆的 |
[04:26] | It’s just sittin’ here. | 就这么放着 |
[04:27] | What mount crapmore? | 你在说什么 喜马垃圾山 |
[04:31] | This stuff… it’s not crap dad. | 这些 爸 不是垃圾 |
[04:33] | Mom you should put this microwave in the kitchen. | 妈 你应该把这微波炉拿厨房去 |
[04:35] | It’s great. Debra has the same model. | 超赞的 黛布拉有一台一样的 |
[04:37] | Well I’m sold. | 好 服了你了 |
[04:41] | Dad you want a pot roast? | 爸 你不是要炖肉吗 |
[04:43] | You can have it in 15 minutes with this. | 你用这个15分钟就做得好了 |
[04:45] | I can get it in 10 with this. | 我有这个10分钟就好了 |
[04:49] | Okay how about this… automatic garage-door opener? | 算了 那这个自动车库门开关呢 |
[04:51] | You don’t gotta break your back liftin’ the door. | 有这个你开车库门就不会闪着腰了 |
[04:57] | Okay all right. | 行 行 |
[04:58] | Mom can cook and she can lift a door | 我妈能做饭 我妈能开门 |
[05:01] | But… she cannot | 但她总不能 |
[05:04] | Reproduce the finest music of the 20th century | 演奏20世纪最棒的音乐吧 |
[05:07] | With crystal-clear digital quality. | 清脆 高质 |
[05:10] | Actually I have been told | 事实上 有人说我 |
[05:12] | That I have a marvelous singing voice. | 唱歌好听极了 |
[05:15] | I know you do ma | 我知道 妈 |
[05:16] | But wait until you hear this. | 但等你们听听这个再说 |
[05:18] | This’ll only take a second. | 一会儿就好 |
[05:21] | Look at all those wires. | 看这些电线 |
[05:24] | You know what loves wires? | 你知道什么东西最爱电线吗 |
[05:26] | Dust. | 灰尘 |
[05:29] | Don’t touch my tools. | 别碰我的工具 |
[05:30] | I don’t need tools dad. | 我不用工具 爸 |
[05:32] | Look how complicated it looks. | 看看 多复杂 |
[05:34] | Ma it’s simple. you just plug it in. | 很简单的 插上电 |
[05:36] | Yeah I can see the electric company | 嗯 我都能想象得到收电费的 |
[05:38] | Rubbin’ their mitts together right now. | 准备好上门抢钱了 |
[05:40] | Dad it only uses a little power | 爸 很省电的 |
[05:42] | And it’s easy to use. | 而且很好用 |
[05:43] | You just push that button | 你只要按一下那个钮 |
[05:45] | You open up the tray | 打开舱门 |
[05:47] | You grab a cd and you pop it in. | 拿张CD 放进去 |
[05:50] | Voila! | 瞧 |
[05:52] | Just gotta… you take the wrapping off… | 只要 只要撕掉包装 |
[05:56] | Put the thing in. | 装进去 |
[05:58] | All right. | 行 |
[06:00] | A little uh… | 有点 呃 |
[06:03] | Raymond maybe you could use this. | 雷蒙德 你可能用得着这个 |
[06:05] | I don’t need that ma. | 我不用 妈 |
[06:11] | Maybe you could use a blowtorch. | 电焊枪可能好用些 |
[06:13] | Look see listen… when you get the plastic off | 看看 你们看 撕掉塑料包装 |
[06:16] | All you do is insert the disc | 你只要插入这个碟 |
[06:17] | You close the tray put the selector on cd | 关上舱门 选择你要的曲目 |
[06:20] | And press “play.” | 按一下播放 |
[06:21] | We’re not astronauts Raymond. | 我们不是宇航员 雷蒙德 |
[06:25] | Fine. I’ll write it down for you ma. | 行 我会帮你写下来的 |
[06:28] | Can I go up now? | 我现在可以上去了吗 |
[06:29] | No no no no no. no no no. | 不不 不不 不不 不不 |
[06:32] | Here we go. | 行啦 |
[06:34] | Okay just gotta get this sticky thing off. | 好 我们只要把这贴纸去掉就行了 |
[06:38] | Dad you’re gonna love this dad. | 爸 你会喜欢的 爸 |
[06:41] | You’re gonna be blown away when you hear this. | 你听了会觉得这酷毙了 |
[06:45] | This is where I used to listen to ’em. | 这儿就是我以前听音乐的地方 |
[06:49] | I’ come home from a hard day’s work | 我忙了一天回来 |
[06:51] | Your mother would mix me a drink | 你妈给我弄杯喝的 |
[06:53] | I’ come down here put on the hi-fi | 我下来 打开音响 |
[06:56] | And let duke and dizzy take me away… | 陶醉在那迷人的音乐里 |
[07:00] | From your mother. | 远离你老妈的罗哩罗嗦 |
[07:03] | I almost got it dad. | 就好了 爸 |
[07:05] | Then one day I came down | 然后有一天 我走下来 |
[07:06] | And where my records used to be | 来到我放唱片的地方 |
[07:08] | You had set up your stupid race-car track thing. | 却看到你的该死的玩具跑道在那里 |
[07:10] | My records were over there | 我的唱片被放到了那儿 |
[07:12] | Pushed up against the furnace. | 靠着火炉 |
[07:15] | They didn’t stand a chance. | 都坏了 一点办法都没有 |
[07:19] | Open! | 打开! |
[07:20] | Come on Marie. I’m starving. | 走 玛丽 我饿死了 |
[07:22] | No wait dad. I’m getting it now. | 不 爸 等会儿 就好了 |
[07:24] | When you’re finished shut off the lights Raymond. | 你干完了 把灯关了 雷蒙德 |
[07:28] | I’m getting it. | 就好了 |
[07:29] | It’s almost open! will you stop it? stop! | 就快打开了 停下 停 |
[07:31] | You’re gonna hear it in a few seconds. | 你们只要等几秒就听的见了 |
[07:33] | Will you stop it? | 停下 |
[07:35] | All right forget it! | 算了 算了 |
[07:37] | Forget it! forget… | 算了 |
[07:42] | Forget it! | 去你的 |
[07:45] | I want nothin’ to do with either of ya! | 我不想理你们了 |
[07:59] | My mother and my father… | 我爸和妈 |
[08:01] | We’re through with ’em! | 再也不想理他们了 |
[08:04] | You read my letter to santa. | 你看了我写给圣诞老人的信 |
[08:11] | He’s… he’s unbelievable! | 他真是 他真是莫名其妙 |
[08:13] | You know I try to do something nice. | 知道吗 我本来打算做点好事的 |
[08:15] | L… I try to make things right. | 我 我打算把事情做好的 |
[08:20] | Uh… Ray? | 啊 雷? |
[08:24] | What happened over there? | 那儿到底怎么了 |
[08:28] | This is my mother’s. | 是我妈的 |
[08:29] | You wanna know what happened? | 你想知道发生什么事了 |
[08:31] | Nothing happened. | 什么都没发生 |
[08:32] | He wouldn’t listen to the cds | 他就是不要听CD |
[08:33] | Because they’re not records. | 就因为那不是唱片 |
[08:35] | Ewww! | 哟唷 |
[08:36] | All right. calm down. listen… | 行啦 冷静点 听着 |
[08:39] | You gotta get rid of that. | 你把那东西放一边去 |
[08:41] | Okay I’ll wrap it. | 行 我把它包起来 |
[08:43] | I need a stocking stuffer for your mother anyway. | 我本来就要给你妈买圣诞小礼物的 |
[08:47] | At least I know she’ll like it. | 至少这个她能喜欢 |
[08:49] | I hope none of these are for him. | 这里没什么是给我爸的吧 |
[08:51] | He’s just gonna put ’em in the basement | 他拿了全会塞地下室里去 |
[08:53] | Or trade ’em in for a buggy whip and wooden teeth. | 或者用来换些马鞭木牙什么的 |
[08:59] | Ray you know your father. | 雷 你了解你爸 |
[09:02] | He hates anything new. | 他不喜欢新东西 |
[09:04] | Yes but if he would just listen to the cds | 我知道 但他就听一下CD嘛 |
[09:07] | And hear how great they sound I know he would love them! | 就会知道它们听起来有多棒 他会喜欢的 |
[09:10] | – no ray he wouldn’t. – yes he would. | -不会的 -会 他会 |
[09:11] | – Ray come here. – I can’t stand him! | -雷 过来 -我真是受够他了 |
[09:13] | – sit down. – why can’t he just… | -坐下 -他为什么就 |
[09:15] | Sit down! | -坐下! |
[09:16] | I’m all clenchy. | 我就是放不下 |
[09:20] | Let’s remember… | 记住 |
[09:22] | This doesn’t have to be your problem. | 这并不是你的错 |
[09:26] | Anytime your father brings up those jazz records | 每次你爸只要提到那些爵士唱片 |
[09:28] | Don’t let yourself get sucked in. | 你别当真就好了 |
[09:30] | That’s what he wants. | 其实他要你这样的 |
[09:32] | You don’t wanna be as bad as him do you? | 你也不想和他一样 不是吗 |
[09:35] | Don’t respond. | 什么也别说 |
[09:37] | You’re better than him. | 你比他好多了 |
[09:38] | – damn straight. – yeah. | -太对了 -是呀 |
[09:40] | Let him be mad. | 就让他疯去吧 |
[09:42] | Let him hold on to it. | 让他钻牛角尖去吧 |
[09:44] | It’s not your problem. | 不是你的错 |
[09:46] | This is his problem. | 是他不好 |
[09:47] | You can move on. | 你放得下的 |
[09:53] | – you know what I’m gonna do? – what? | -你知道我要去干嘛吗? -啥 |
[09:55] | I’m gonna sneak in and set up the cd player. | 我要偷偷进他们屋 然后装好CD机 |
[09:58] | You weren’t even listening. | 你根本就没在听 |
[10:00] | When they go out tonight I’m goin’ in! | 他们今晚上出去了 我就溜进去 |
[10:02] | That old man… | 那个老东西 |
[10:03] | He’s gonna hear how great cds are | 让他听听CD有多棒 |
[10:04] | That they’re better than records | 比唱片好多了 |
[10:06] | And that will shut him up once and for all. | 然后他就会再也没话说了 |
[10:08] | Thanks for your help. | 多谢帮忙 |
[10:17] | Ray? | 雷? |
[10:19] | Oh. hey. | 噢 嘿 |
[10:21] | – what are you doing? – I’m waiting for my parents. | -你在干嘛 -我在等我爸妈 |
[10:24] | When they come home I’m gonna play the cd. | 他们一回来 我就开始播放 |
[10:26] | They’re out doin’ their last-minute-christmas-eve- | 他们出去了 出去买金箔了 |
[10:28] | Save-a-dollar- on-tinsel shopping. | 平安夜省钱大行动 |
[10:31] | How long have you been back there? | 你躲在这多久了 |
[10:33] | About an hour. | 快一个小时了 |
[10:36] | Honey come on. come home. | 亲爱的 算了吧 回家吧 |
[10:38] | No no no. | 不 不 不 |
[10:39] | I got the cd all set up. I got the remote. | CD机安好了 遥控器也在手上 |
[10:41] | When they come in I’m gonna play the music. | 他们一进来 我就放音乐 |
[10:43] | I’m not even gonna say anything to them. | 我一句话都不和他们说 |
[10:45] | Frank why didn’t you leave a light on out here? | 弗兰克 你怎么把灯开着就出去了 |
[10:47] | – I can’t even see my keys. – just open the damn door. | -我看不见钥匙了 -把那该死的门打开 |
[10:50] | Look out! | 小心! |
[10:58] | Holy crap! | 我的神啊 |
[11:01] | Too loud. I’m sorry. | 太响了 对不起 |
[11:02] | Turn it down! | 关掉! |
[11:04] | I’m trying. | 我正在弄呢 |
[11:05] | You’re blockin’ the laser beam thing. | 你挡着遥控器了 |
[11:18] | See with a cd you can turn it loud no distortion. | 看到了吗 CD机可以随意调大声音 不会失声 |
[11:23] | Oh my heart. | 天啊 我的心脏 |
[11:26] | Oh my eggs. | 还有我的蛋 |
[11:30] | What are you tryin’ to do to us? | 你到底要干嘛 |
[11:32] | Oh that was awful Raymond. | 噢 太可怕了 雷蒙德 |
[11:34] | Yes and these ornaments were on sale. | 就是 这些装饰品可是打折买的 |
[11:37] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:39] | I wanted to give you the opportunity | 我本想让你们 |
[11:41] | To hear your jazz records | 听一下爵士乐的 |
[11:42] | Like you’ve never heard ’em before. | 好像你们以前从来没有听过一样 |
[11:44] | Yeah that’s like I’ve never heard ’em before. | 对 我以前确实没有听过这样的 |
[11:46] | I didn’t realize it was gonna be | 是不是要让这曲子 |
[11:48] | The soundtrack to my funeral. | 成为我葬礼进行曲啊 |
[11:51] | Ho ho ho! | 霍 霍 霍 |
[11:52] | Watch out watch out watch out! | 小心 小心 小心 |
[12:08] | What am I sittin’ in? | 我坐在什么上了 |
[12:11] | Eggs… and eggnog. | 蛋 还有蛋酒 |
[12:16] | And what is very sharp? | 什么东西这么扎人 |
[12:22] | That might be the menorah. | 可能是烛台 |
[12:29] | Menorah? | 烛台? |
[12:31] | It was a big sale. | 大减价 |
[12:39] | What happened here? | 这咋啦? |
[12:41] | It was Raymond’s horrible machine. | 是雷蒙德的可怕的机器 |
[12:45] | It’s not a horrible machine mom. | 这不是部可怕的机器 妈 |
[12:46] | It’s a cd player. | 是部CD机 |
[12:48] | Please let me just play you one song. | 来 我再给你们放一首 |
[12:49] | Oh god no! he’s gonna turn it on again! | 天啊 不 他又要开始放了 |
[12:52] | I don’t wanna hear any cds. | 我不要听什么CD了 |
[12:54] | It’s bad enough you ruined my records | 你弄坏了我的唱片就够了 |
[12:56] | You ruined my floor my ornaments | 还弄坏了我的地板 我的装饰 |
[12:59] | And my cook! | 还有我的厨子 |
[13:05] | Look please just listen to it. | 看 看看 你们听一下嘛 |
[13:07] | – no! – but listen! | -不 -听一下 |
[13:09] | – no! – guys guys. | -不 -嗨嗨 |
[13:11] | I think… | 我觉得 |
[13:17] | I think… | 我觉得 |
[13:19] | I think I might be able to help. | 我觉得我可能帮得上 |
[13:21] | I was gonna give this to you tomorrow dad | 我本来打算明天再给你的 爸 |
[13:24] | But you might want to see it now. | 但可能你现在就想看看 |
[13:26] | Here you go pop. | 给 老爸 |
[13:27] | From me to you. | 我送给你的 |
[13:30] | Merry christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[13:37] | These are my records. | 这才是我的唱片 |
[13:39] | Not all of them. | 不是所有的 |
[13:41] | But Robert and I went to some garage sales | 但罗伯特和我上周末去淘旧货了 |
[13:43] | And used record stores this weekend. | 还有二手的唱片店 |
[13:45] | And I think we came across some of your favorites. | 我们找到了些你最喜欢的唱片 |
[13:48] | Ben webster meets oscar peterson. | 本·韦伯斯特和奥斯卡·彼特森相会 |
[13:51] | I haven’t heard this album in 30 years. | 我都30年没听过了 |
[13:54] | Ahh! genuine american vinyl. | 啊 正宗美国唱片的味道 |
[13:59] | Look. look dad. | 看 看 爸 |
[14:01] | Got the same exact thing. | 这有完全一样的 |
[14:03] | See ben meets oscar here too. | 看 本和奥斯卡相会 |
[14:05] | It’s the same thing. listen to this. | 是一样的 听 |
[14:07] | Ray you gotta let it go. | 雷 算了吧 |
[14:08] | Yeah. what are you doin’ man? | 是啊 你在干嘛 兄弟 |
[14:10] | Oh oh yeah yeah. | 哦 是啊 是啊 |
[14:12] | You would like nothing better | 看到我痛苦了30年 |
[14:13] | Than to have me suffer for 30 years | 你再高兴不过了 |
[14:15] | And then you just swoop in and be the hero. | 然后你就冲进来 成了英雄 |
[14:18] | Yeah well nice try egg-ass. | 是啊 行啊 真不错 蛋屁股 |
[14:22] | All right? | 行了吗 |
[14:23] | I was the one who ruined the jazz records. | 我是那个弄坏唱片的人 |
[14:26] | I’ll be the one to replace them. | 我也将是那个替换它们的人 |
[14:28] | Wait wait Raymond. wait. | 等等 雷蒙德 等等 |
[14:32] | All right. go ahead. | 好了 你放吧 |
[14:39] | Huh? listen to that sound. | 听见了吗 听听这声音 |
[14:44] | It’s like oscar peterson is sittin’ | 仿佛奥斯卡·彼特森就坐在这 |
[14:46] | Right here at the piano. | 坐在这钢琴前 |
[14:49] | Play it oscar. | 弹吧 奥斯卡 |
[14:51] | Play it you swingin’ jazz cat. | 弹吧 爵士巨人 |
[14:59] | What are you doin’ | 你在做什么 |
[15:02] | I want to hear my jazz records. | 我要听我的爵士唱片 |
[15:05] | You can’t give it to me can ya? | 你就是不肯原谅我 是吧 |
[15:07] | Those cds they sound great and you know it | 那些CD听起来好多了 你知道的 |
[15:11] | But you can’t give it up. | 你不能就这样算了 |
[15:12] | You just gotta keep torturin’ me. | 你是不是就想折磨我啊 |
[15:14] | I loved those damn albums. | 我就是喜欢那些该死的唱片 |
[15:16] | I was hoping someday you might love them too | 我本来想让你哪天也喜欢上它们的 |
[15:19] | Instead of your hippie jungle crap. | 而不是你的那些嬉皮士垃圾 |
[15:22] | Those beatles were awful Raymond. | 那些披头士好吓人 雷蒙德 |
[15:27] | I know dad. I know you loved ’em. | 我知道 爸 我知道你喜欢 |
[15:29] | That’s all I ever heard. | 你老是对我们嚷 |
[15:30] | “shut up kids! I’m listenin’ to my records!” | “闭嘴 小屁孩 我在听唱片” |
[15:33] | Then why the hell did you ruin ’em? | 那你干嘛要弄坏它们 |
[15:34] | I don’t remember. I was 10! | 我不记得了 我只有10岁 |
[15:36] | Why do you keep taking this out on me? | 那你又为什么老是拿这说事? |
[15:38] | – ’cause you did it! – I didn’t do it on purpose! | -因为就是你做的 -我不是故意的 |
[15:41] | – I’m not so sure! – listen to me… | -我不确定 -听我说 |
[15:43] | Wait a minute! wait a minute! | 停 停一下 |
[15:46] | I wanna say something. | 我有话说 |
[15:49] | That christmas day in 1969… um… | 1969年的那年圣诞 呃 |
[15:54] | What is it Robert? | 你要说什么 罗伯特 |
[15:56] | I’m gonna tell you what it is right now. | 我要告诉你们事情真相 |
[16:07] | All right. that christmas… | 行 那年圣诞 |
[16:10] | I wanted the hot wheels race-track set so bad. | 我非常想要那个汽车玩具套装 |
[16:14] | I would see those commercials | 我看着那些广告 |
[16:15] | And I would think “this is my year man.” | 想着 这是我的 |
[16:18] | I could see myself setting up that beautiful bright orange track | 我都能想象得到我用那些褐红色的接头 |
[16:21] | With the maroon connectors. | 在装那漂亮的橙色的轨道 |
[16:24] | And you know what was under the tree waitin’ for me? | 你们知道结果圣诞树下等着我的是什么吗 |
[16:28] | Custom-order corrective shoes. | 定做的矫正鞋 |
[16:36] | Dr. fishman said that they were the best for oversized feet. | 费士曼医生说这对你那超大的脚有好处 |
[16:41] | I looked over I saw Raymond | 我转眼一看 看到雷蒙德 |
[16:44] | Elbow deep in a box of hot wheels. | 在一堆汽车玩具里玩着 |
[16:48] | My hot wheels. | 那可该是我的 |
[16:53] | You moved his records. | 是你动了他的唱片 |
[16:56] | Excuse me. may I finish my story please? | 抱歉 我可以讲完吗 |
[16:58] | Go ahead Robert. | 继续 罗伯特 |
[17:00] | Thank you very much sweetie. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[17:03] | I hated you. | 我当时恨死你了 |
[17:08] | You got my hot wheels for christmas. | 你拿了我的圣诞礼物 我的玩具车 |
[17:12] | Everything I ever dreamed about… | 那是我朝思梦想要的 |
[17:14] | The track the cars the loop-de-loop. | 那轨道 小汽车 那一圈一圈的轨道 |
[17:17] | You moved his records. | 是你动了他的唱片 |
[17:20] | Later that day | 那天后来 |
[17:22] | After Raymond was tired of playing with his new hot wheels | 当雷蒙德对他的新玩具车厌倦了 |
[17:25] | For a total of four minutes | 他就玩了总共4分钟 |
[17:27] | I pulled off my clunky corrective shoes | 我扔掉那又笨又重的矫正鞋 |
[17:30] | And slipped downstairs. | 溜下楼 |
[17:33] | Now it was my turn. | 是时候轮到我了 |
[17:35] | Raymond of course had the track set up all wrong. | 雷蒙德 当然 他把东西都装错了 |
[17:39] | An oval. | 把车道装成了椭圆形 |
[17:43] | Oh what a visionary you are. | 哦 你可真有远见啊 |
[17:50] | I wanted to set it up like the kid on the box… | 我想像盒子上的那个小孩一样… |
[17:53] | That happy brotherless boy. | 像那个没有兄弟的小孩一样玩 |
[18:02] | And in doing so… | 这么做的时候… |
[18:04] | Your records may have been moved. | 你的唱片可能被移动了 |
[18:09] | They may have? | 可能被移动了? |
[18:13] | I moved your records. | 是我动了你的唱片 |
[18:14] | You moved his records! | 是你动了他的唱片 |
[18:20] | Unbelievable! | 太不可思议了 |
[18:22] | You let me suffer for 30 years. | 你居然让我痛苦了30年 |
[18:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:34] | You two are so screwed up. | 你们俩真是乱搞 |
[18:40] | I’m sorry Raymond. | 抱歉 雷蒙德 |
[18:43] | I’m sorry dad. | 对不起 爸爸 |
[18:46] | Aw it’s okay. | 噢 没事 |
[18:50] | “it’s okay”?! | 没事?! |
[18:53] | Now it’s okay?! | 现在没事了?! |
[18:55] | Will you give it up already? it was 30 years ago. | 你就不能停停吗 30年前的事了 |
[18:58] | Why don’t you dip your pants in cinnamon | 那你干嘛不把你裤子蘸上肉桂汁 |
[19:00] | And make us some french toast? | 然后给我们做些法式面包 |
[19:01] | Why don’t you dip your pants… | 你干嘛不把你裤子蘸上… |
[19:04] | That doesn’t make any sense! | 那有什么意思吗 |
[19:06] | Hey hey! | 嘿嘿 |
[19:11] | Why don’t you go put on one of those records? | 为什么不去放张唱片 |
[19:14] | I’ love to hear it. | 我想听听 |
[19:15] | Good idea sister. | 好主意 媳妇 |
[19:17] | With pleasure dad. | 乐意效劳 爸爸 |
[19:19] | Here Robert. this is a nice one. | 这 罗伯特 这张不错 |
[19:21] | Thank you darling. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[19:29] | Great. what am I supposed to do with my cds now? | 太棒了 那这些CD怎么办 |
[19:32] | You take them you listen to them you might like them. | 你拿走 你听 你可能会喜欢 |
[19:35] | You should try to keep an open mind about things. | 你要对事物保持开放的态度 |
[19:42] | All right. here it is. | 行啦 听吧 |
[20:00] | Now that’s music. | 这才叫音乐 |
[20:16] | Okay this is to daddy | OK 这是给爸爸的 |
[20:18] | From Michael and Geoffrey. | 迈克尔和杰弗里送的 |
[20:22] | Oh! thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[20:25] | Hey! what is it? | 嘿 这是什么 |
[20:29] | It’s a new dictionary. | 这是一部新字典 |
[20:31] | Oh. | 哦 |
[20:32] | Isn’t that sweet? | 很讨人喜欢 对吗 |
[20:33] | They felt bad about ruining your old one. | 他们弄坏你的字典内疚极了 |
[20:35] | It’s electronic. | 这是部电子辞典 |
[20:36] | Heh-heh-heh. | 呵 呵 呵 |
[20:41] | “it’s better.” | 这要好得多 |
[20:45] | And I love it. | 我很喜欢 |
[20:48] | But not more than I love you. | 但不及喜欢你们那么多 |
[20:53] | Ahh! | 啊 |
[20:58] | Why don’t you look up “fruitcake” in there? | 你干嘛不查一下”水果蛋糕” |
[21:03] | Fruitcake with sissy sauce. | 娘娘腔果酱水果蛋糕 |
[21:08] | Oh look Marie. | 哦 看 玛丽 |
[21:10] | There’s one more thing left in your stocking. | 你袜子里还有一样东西呢 |
[21:14] | Thank you dear. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[21:19] | “to Marie from Debra.” | 给玛丽 黛布拉赠 |
[21:30] | Oh! thank you Debra. | 噢 谢谢 黛布拉 |
[21:35] | You like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[21:37] | To be honest it’s not a style I’ ever wear. | 老实讲 这种款式我是不敢穿的 |
[21:47] | Nice try though. | 但你的心意我还是心领啦 |