时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Guys guys! how loud do you need that? | 孩子们 孩子们 你们干嘛把声音调这么响啊? |
[00:05] | Come on. that’s old-man volume. | 拜托 只有老人才要那么响的声音 |
[00:10] | Hey. hey where are the batteries? | 喂 电池在哪里? |
[00:12] | Ally put them in her cd player. | 爱丽拿去放到她的CD机里了 |
[00:15] | Oh I’ve gotta do this manually? | 噢 难道现在还要我亲自动手? |
[00:17] | I’m like a caveman now. | 我简直就像个山顶洞人 |
[00:20] | Ally! | 爱丽 |
[00:22] | Where’s Ally? | 爱丽在哪里? |
[00:23] | You took her over to the Spencers’ last night. | 你昨晚带她去斯宾塞家过夜 |
[00:25] | I wouldn’t have took her | 如果我知道她拿走了我的电池 |
[00:26] | If I knew she had my batteries. | 我是不会带她去的 |
[00:30] | Come on. where’s my batteries? | 噢 我的电池去哪了? |
[00:32] | Why do we have a thousand packets of ketchup? | 我们怎么会有这么多番茄酱? |
[00:35] | I guess nobody likes ketchup. | 我猜没有人会喜欢番茄酱 |
[00:39] | All right you know what? this remote stays with me. | 好吧 你知道吗 这个遥控器得一直和我在一起了 |
[00:41] | I hope you like that channel | 我希望你们能喜欢那个频道 |
[00:42] | Cause that’s the one you’re watching | 因为在你们的有生之年 |
[00:44] | For the rest of your life. | 那是唯一一个你们可以看到的频道 |
[00:54] | Ray? | 雷? |
[00:56] | We’re out of milk so I’m going to the store. | 家里没牛奶了 我得去趟商店 |
[01:04] | Deb I’m gonna go… | 黛布 我要… |
[01:06] | Deb. Deb I’m gonna go buy batteries! | 黛布 黛布 我去买电池了 |
[01:28] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么呢 |
[01:29] | I’m getting batteries. ha ha. this is funny. | 我来买电池 这真有意思 |
[01:34] | What are you… what are you getting? | 你…你来买什么呢 |
[01:36] | Well everything else. | 除了电池外的任何其他的东西 |
[01:38] | Hey you wanna shop with me? | 你想和我一起购物吗 |
[01:39] | All right. | 好吧 |
[01:40] | Remember that time I put you in the cart | 还记得有一次我把你放进购物车里 |
[01:42] | – started pushing you around? – oh yeah. | -推着你到处走吗? -噢 当然 |
[01:44] | I picked you up in the hot-babe section. | 我是在宝宝用品区把你放进去的 |
[01:46] | That wasn’t really shopping that was… | 那并不是真正的购物 那是… |
[01:49] | Falling in love. | 谈恋爱 |
[01:50] | All right. come on shop with me. | 好了 来吧 和我一起购物吧 |
[01:52] | I like having you here. | 我喜欢有你在 |
[01:53] | All right. well get in. | 好吧 快进去吧 |
[01:54] | – no! what are you doing? – yeah. come on. | -不 你在干什么呢 -快点吧 |
[01:56] | We’re in the middle of the store. | 我们可是在商场的中间呢 |
[01:57] | Price check! | 核对价格咯 |
[01:59] | I need a price check on a piece of cheesecake! | 我要核实一下一个奶酪蛋糕的价格 |
[02:01] | Put me down… don’t put me in the cart. | 放我下来…可别把我放进去 |
[02:03] | – Raymond! – oh hi Marie. | -雷蒙德 -嘿 玛丽 |
[02:05] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[02:08] | There’s something I can’t do. | 我绝不会做这种事 |
[02:13] | That’s not all you can’t do. | 你不会做的事可多着了 |
[02:18] | So… this is funny… | 真是太有意思了 |
[02:20] | First Ray now you guys. | 先是遇到了雷 接着又是你们 |
[02:21] | It’s kind of like a reunion. | 有点像红军会师了 |
[02:22] | Hey give me some of that dad. | 嘿 爸爸 给我吃点这个 |
[02:24] | Oh this is good stuff. we’ve got to get some of this. | 这东西很不错 我们可以去买点 |
[02:26] | – okay. sure. – yeah it’s really good. | -嗯 不错 -是啊 真的很好吃 |
[02:28] | Where are the kids? | 孩子们呢? |
[02:34] | Oh my god! the boys! you left them?! | 噢 天啊 你把孩子们独自扔在家了?! |
[02:37] | No y-you did! | 不是我 是你 |
[02:38] | No you did. | 不 是你 |
[02:39] | Oh my god! | 噢 天啊 |
[02:40] | Ray damn it I told you I was going to the store! | 他妈的 雷 我告诉过你我要来商店的 |
[02:44] | I told you! | 我也跟你说了 |
[02:45] | How could you tell me when I’m not there? | 我不在那 你怎么告诉我的? |
[02:47] | Why are you standing here?! | 你们怎么还在这里? |
[02:48] | Go go go go go! | 快走吧 |
[02:49] | Come on Frank. come on. hurry. | 弗兰克 快点 赶紧的 |
[02:52] | Hey kid this cereal is good. | 嘿 小朋友 这个麦片很好吃的 |
[02:54] | Take a handful and put it back. | 拿一把放手里 然后把它放回原处 |
[03:02] | – machael Geoffrey! – oh mike geoff. | -迈克尔 杰弗里 -噢 迈克尔 杰弗里 |
[03:03] | – oh my god. are you okay? – you’re okay. | -噢 天啊 你还好吧? -你没事 |
[03:05] | All right. you’re okay. this one’s okay. | -很好 你没事 他没事 |
[03:07] | – is he okay? – give me that one. | -他还好吧 -把他给我 |
[03:09] | Give me him again. give me him again. | 再让我看看他 再让我看看他 |
[03:10] | Give me him him. | 把他给我 |
[03:11] | Oh my god. they seem okay. | 噢 上帝保佑 他们都没事 |
[03:13] | Okay. yeah they’re okay. | 是啊 他们都没事 |
[03:14] | Oh it’s okay boys | 噢 孩子们 现在没事了 |
[03:15] | Mommy didn’t mean to leave you. | 妈咪不是故意丢下你们不管的 |
[03:17] | – Ray! – what?! | -雷 -怎么了?! |
[03:19] | They need reassurance. | 他们需要安慰 |
[03:21] | Oh my poor angels. oh. | 噢 我可怜的小天使 |
[03:24] | Oh it’s okay. oh. | 噢 没事了 |
[03:26] | They’re okay Marie. | 玛丽 他们都很好 |
[03:28] | Oh I’m never leaving you again. | 噢 我再也不会离开你们了 |
[03:29] | Marie they’re fine. | 玛丽 他们很好 |
[03:30] | They’re okay. you’re fine right boys? | 他们没事 你们很好 对不对 孩子们? |
[03:32] | Look daddy pancakes. | 爸爸 看 煎饼 |
[03:33] | Shaped like bunnies. | 看上去像小兔子 |
[03:35] | You made pancakes?! | 你们自己做了煎饼?! |
[03:37] | Oh my god! | 噢 天啊 |
[03:39] | They could’ve burned the house down. | 他们很有可能会把房子烧着的 |
[03:41] | Who told you you could make pancakes?! | 谁告诉你们可以做煎饼了? |
[03:43] | I smell pancakes. | 我闻到了煎饼味 |
[03:46] | Do you know how dangerous it is | 你们知道 |
[03:48] | To be playing with the stove? | 玩火炉有多危险吗 |
[03:49] | Where are the pancakes? | 煎饼在哪里? |
[03:51] | You want a pancake grandpa? | 爷爷 你想要尝块煎饼吗? |
[03:52] | What the hell have I been saying here? | 我刚才在这到底说了些什么? |
[03:56] | Ally when did you get here? | 爱丽 你什么时候来的? |
[03:58] | The Spencers dropped me off a little while ago. | 斯宾塞家送我回来已经有一会儿了 |
[04:00] | So you were alone here with the boys? | 所以你一直和弟弟们在一起? |
[04:02] | You made the pancakes? | 是你做的煎饼? |
[04:04] | Yeah. the boys were hungry so I fed them. | 是啊 他们饿了 我就喂给他们点吃的 |
[04:11] | Well look at everything. it looks fine. | 看上去一切都很不错 |
[04:13] | Well… you did a good job. | 你干得很好 |
[04:16] | Well that’s great! | 好极了 |
[04:17] | You’re daddy’s big girl aren’t you honey? | 爸爸的女儿长大了 是不是啊 亲爱的? |
[04:20] | Give me a pancake. | 给我一块煎饼 |
[04:22] | Give me three pancakes. | 给我三块 |
[04:25] | I only had a couple left grandpa | 爷爷 只剩下两块了 |
[04:27] | And they came out kind of ugly. | 并且它们出炉的样子都有点丑 |
[04:28] | The stomach knows not ugly. | 胃可不管它丑不丑 |
[04:32] | Aw Ally honey if it wasn’t for you… | 爱丽 亲爱的 如果不是你… |
[04:36] | Your mother could be facing criminal charges. | 你妈妈就要面临刑事起诉 |
[04:41] | Not if everybody keeps their mouth shut. | 如果每个人都闭紧嘴巴 就不会了 |
[04:44] | Listen Marie. everything is fine. | 听着 玛丽 一切都很好 |
[04:47] | It’s not what you think. | 不像你想的那样 |
[04:49] | You think I wanna think these things? | 你觉得我乐意想这些事吗? |
[04:52] | I don’t. | 我可不想 |
[04:53] | But then I look around and uh huh… | 但是当我环顾四周 然后… |
[04:58] | And every time I look around you know what I see? | 你知道每次我环顾四周时 看到的是什么吗 |
[05:01] | Hey! hey! try one of these. | 嘿 嘿 来尝一下这个 |
[05:02] | Look it’s a bunny. hi I’m a bunny. | 看 小兔子 嘿 我是一只小兔子 |
[05:04] | Oh the bottom of a cow huh? | 我还是奶牛的肚皮 |
[05:14] | Delicious. I’m done. | 真好吃 我吃完了 |
[05:17] | Bye. | 再见 |
[05:19] | Come on Marie. make me lunch. | 玛丽 快点 去给我做午餐 |
[05:22] | – honey listen. I’ll get that. – I can do it. | -亲爱的 听着 我会收拾的 -我能做的 |
[05:25] | No honey you’ve helped mommy out enough. | 不 亲爱的 你已经帮妈妈做的够多了 |
[05:27] | Yes you have dear and thank god for you. | 是啊 你已经做得够好了 感谢上帝赐予了你 |
[05:31] | You have learned responsibility and cooking | 尽管困难重重 |
[05:34] | Against all odds. | 你还是学会了担负责任和做饭 |
[05:42] | God. it would have to happen right in front of her. | 天啊 这偏偏正好发生在她面前 |
[05:46] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:47] | But if you think about it | 但是如果你想一想 |
[05:49] | Everything we do happens right in front of her. | 我们随便什么事都是正好在她面前发生的 |
[05:51] | Are we terrible parents? | 我们是很糟糕的父母吗 |
[05:55] | Probably. | 也许是 |
[05:58] | But you know what? | 但你知道吗 |
[05:59] | I mean how bad could we be? look. | 我是说 我们究竟有多糟糕? 看 |
[06:01] | Look at her. she did great. | 看 她就做得很好 |
[06:03] | She took care of everything. | 她把每一件事都做得很好 |
[06:04] | We must be doing something right. | 我们一定还是做对了一些事的 |
[06:06] | We raised a kid who’s raising the rest of the kids. | 我们养大了一个孩子 她会去照顾我们其他的孩子 |
[06:12] | I’m not sure that’s how it’s supposed to be. | 我不敢确定本来就该是这样的 |
[06:15] | – would you like another pancake daddy? – yeah I’m starving. | -爸爸 你还要煎饼吗 -嗯 我正饿着呢 |
[06:17] | I made you a football. | 我给你做了个足球 |
[06:19] | You’re like an artist… a pancake artist. | 你就像个艺术家…做煎饼的艺术家 |
[06:21] | That’s the kind of art that daddy appreciates. | 这正是爸爸欣赏的艺术 |
[06:24] | I like doing this stuff. | 我喜欢做这些事 |
[06:26] | Is there anything else I could do? | 还有什么我可以做的吗? |
[06:28] | You mean you wanna do more stuff around the house? | 你是说你想在家做更多的事? |
[06:30] | Sure. it was fun. | 是啊 这很有趣 |
[06:31] | Of course it’s fun. | 当然有趣啦 |
[06:32] | It’s fun to help mommy. | 帮妈妈做事是很有趣的 |
[06:38] | Listen I mean I would be thrilled | 听着 我想说 我会很高兴 |
[06:40] | To get some more help around here. | 要是你能来帮我 |
[06:41] | There’s cleaning and laundry and… | 要做清洁 洗衣服 还有… |
[06:43] | Cooking. | 做饭 |
[06:46] | Well maybe some time when you guys go out | 也许有一天你们俩都出去了 |
[06:48] | I can babysit for real. | 我就可以真正地做一次保姆来照顾弟弟了 |
[06:50] | Oh I don’t know honey. | 亲爱的 我不清楚是否可以 |
[06:51] | You said I did a good job with the boys. | 你说过我把他们都照顾得很好啊 |
[06:53] | It’s true right? | 这倒是真的 不是吗 |
[06:55] | Twins alive house… house not on fire | 双胞胎还活着 房子…房子也没着火 |
[06:59] | Pancakes in stomach. | 煎饼也到肚子里了 |
[07:02] | Well a lot of girls her age do babysit. | 许多她这个年纪的女孩子都在带小孩 |
[07:06] | And cook. | 还有做饭 |
[07:09] | In some countries | 在一些国家 |
[07:10] | She’ be married and running her own farm. | 她已经结婚 并有了自己的家庭 |
[07:15] | I don’t know. | 我还是不确定 |
[07:16] | It still makes me a little nervous. | 这还是会让我有点不安 |
[07:18] | Yeah. you know to tell you the truth honey | 你知道吗 亲爱的 说实话 |
[07:20] | When it comes to babysitting | 说到带孩子 |
[07:22] | We kinda leave that up to grandma. | 我们更愿意让你奶奶干这事 |
[07:30] | You know what honey? | 亲爱的 你知道吗 |
[07:32] | Why don’t you babysit for us tomorrow? | 为什么你不明天就帮我们带孩子呢 |
[07:34] | – I can babysit?! – wait wait wait. no no. | -我可以看小孩?! -等一下 不 不 |
[07:37] | – you can babysit! – yes! | -你可以 -太好了 |
[07:39] | Boys mom and dad say I’m in charge of you! | 孩子们 妈妈和爸爸说你们现在归我管了 |
[07:46] | Okay but wait a minute now. | 很好 但是等一下 |
[07:47] | You’re not cutting my mother out entirely. | 你并不能完全地阻止妈妈过来帮忙 |
[07:49] | This could be the beginning. | 这只是一个开始 |
[07:51] | No no. no no listen. | 不 不 不 不 听着 |
[07:52] | You wanted Ally to help. | 你想让爱丽来帮忙 |
[07:53] | No no no. I just like pancakes. | 不 不 不 我只是要煎饼 |
[07:55] | You said it… Ally is growing up. | 你说过的…爱丽已经长大了 |
[07:57] | She’s mature she’s responsible | 她成熟负责 |
[07:58] | She wants to help out. | 她想要帮忙 |
[07:59] | Okay. all right. but my mother… | 好吧 很好 但是妈妈… |
[08:01] | It’s the perfect system… | 这会是最有效的体制… |
[08:02] | Ally will be helping me a lot. | 爱丽会帮上我很多 |
[08:04] | W-wait a minute. | 等…等一下 |
[08:06] | Goodbye Marie. | 再见 玛丽 |
[08:17] | So did you tell ma that Ally’s gonna babysit tonight? | 那么你告诉妈妈今晚是爱丽来带小孩了吗? |
[08:19] | No. what are you stupid? | 没有 你是蠢还是怎么? |
[08:21] | Ally what do you say if grandma calls tonight? | 爱丽 要是奶奶今晚打电话来你怎么说? |
[08:24] | You’re in the bathroom. | 你在上厕所 |
[08:25] | Attagirl. | 贴心的好孩子 |
[08:27] | How about that grilled cheese? | 那个烤奶酪味道如何? |
[08:28] | Isn’t that great grilled cheese? | 难道不是很棒吗? |
[08:29] | It’s amazing. | 太棒了 |
[08:32] | I’m telling you Ray she’s great at that griddle. | 雷 我跟你说 她很擅长使用烤盘 |
[08:34] | You know Ally we’re gonna sell | 爱丽 你知道吗 |
[08:35] | A whole line of griddles with your face on ’em. | 我们要在烤盘上印上你的脸 然后大卖特卖 |
[08:39] | What’s she got going today? | 她今天做了什么? |
[08:43] | Grilled cheese. | 烤奶酪 |
[08:44] | I’m in. | 我来了 |
[08:45] | Throw some ham on one of them. | 在烤奶酪上加点火腿 |
[08:49] | Hey what are you doin’ | 嘿 你干什么? |
[08:50] | Don’t worry I’ll give you half of mine. | 别担心 我等下会把我的分一半给你的 |
[08:52] | – all right. – sucker. | -好吧 -傻蛋 |
[08:58] | Amy says we should just meet her at the movie theater. | 艾米让我们在电影院和她碰头 |
[09:03] | Hey Debra look at you. | 嘿 黛布拉 看看你 |
[09:04] | What? | 什么? |
[09:06] | Oh nothing. it’s just… | 没什么 就是… |
[09:07] | Iook at you. you’re lookin’ good. | 看看你 你看上去很不错 |
[09:09] | Oh. well thank you robert. | 噢 谢谢你 罗伯特 |
[09:11] | What are you doing? | 你干嘛呢? |
[09:14] | No. I’m just saying she’s looking good | 没干什么 我只是说她看上去很不错 |
[09:17] | You know all glowy and happy. | 你也看得出 她看上去神清气爽的 |
[09:22] | Yeah yeah you are looking good. | 是啊 你看上去很棒 |
[09:23] | Well what’s going on? | 发生了什么? |
[09:25] | Nothing. I don’t know. | 没什么 我不知道 |
[09:26] | I just feel good. I don’t know what it is. | 我只是觉得很开心 我不知道是因为什么. |
[09:31] | Oh Ally. | 噢 爱丽 |
[09:36] | Ally honey… | 爱丽 亲爱的… |
[09:39] | You dropped a sock. | 你漏掉了一只袜子 |
[09:44] | You might wanna get the boys started on bedtime. | 你可能要让孩子们准备上床睡觉了 |
[09:47] | Okay mommy. | 好的 妈妈 |
[09:49] | Michael Geoffrey pajamas! | 迈克尔 杰弗里 换上睡衣睡裤 |
[09:52] | Hey Ally sweetie | 嘿 爱丽 亲爱的 |
[09:53] | I think my grilled cheese is burning. | 我觉得我的烙饼可能要烤焦了 |
[09:55] | Okay grandpa. | 知道了 爷爷 |
[09:56] | While you’re at it | 既然你在那 |
[09:57] | How about one more for the old man? | 再为老人家多拿一块怎么样? |
[09:59] | Okay daddy. | 好的 爸爸 |
[10:00] | And one more for the handsome man. | 再给帅哥多拿一块 |
[10:03] | Well thank you dad but you should have one too. | 谢谢你 爸爸 但是你也该再吃一块的 |
[10:17] | Sorry dad. you’re the handsome man. | 对不起 爸爸 你是帅哥 |
[10:20] | You know what makes this sandwich so great? | 你知道是什么让这个三明治如此好吃吗 |
[10:22] | It doesn’t come with a side of Marie. | 因为这里面的馅不是玛丽做的 |
[10:26] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[10:29] | Somebody screwed up your order. | 有人要毁了你的点餐了 |
[10:33] | Frank what are you doing? | 弗兰克 你在干什么? |
[10:34] | Lee and Stan are coming over for dinner | 李和斯坦半小时后 |
[10:36] | In a half an hour. | 会过来吃晚饭 |
[10:38] | I’m loosening up. | 我在热身 |
[10:39] | Hey ma would you like Ally to make you | 嘿 妈妈 你要不要让爱丽 |
[10:41] | One of these grilled-cheese sandwiches? | 给你做一个烤奶酪三明治尝尝? |
[10:43] | I swear they’re the best I ever ta… | 我保证 这是我吃过的最棒的… |
[11:01] | All right. that’s enough. | 好了 够了 |
[11:04] | Oh honey | 噢 亲爱的 |
[11:06] | You’re doing that all wrong. | 你完全弄错了 |
[11:08] | Let grandma show you how to do that. | 让奶奶教你怎么做 |
[11:09] | Hey butt out. she’s busy. | 嘿 别管闲事 她正忙着呢 |
[11:11] | Fine. we have to go anyway. | 好吧 我们也要回去了 |
[11:13] | I don’t wanna be late for Lee and Stan. | 我可不想让李和斯坦吃闭门羹 |
[11:15] | Oh yeah. mom and dad | 爸爸妈妈 |
[11:16] | You guys should probably get going too. | 你们也该走了 |
[11:18] | Oh yeah Ray. you know she’s right. | 是啊 雷 她说得对 |
[11:20] | Come on. we’ve got to be there by 8:00. | 快点 我们要在8点钟的时候赶到那 |
[11:21] | Wait. | 等等 |
[11:23] | You’re all going out? | 你们都要出去? |
[11:26] | Not out in. | 不出去 在家里 |
[11:29] | In-into the living room. we wanna be there by 8:00. | 是到卧室 我们要在8点钟的时候到卧室 |
[11:34] | Ray Ray… | 雷 雷… |
[11:36] | Relax. we can tell her. | 放轻松 我们可以跟她说的 |
[11:41] | All right. okay. | 好吧 很好 |
[11:43] | But you’re cuttin’ it close you know? | 但是你已经弄得快没时间了 知道不? |
[11:45] | Uh I’m gonna meet you by the couch. | 我会在沙发上等你 |
[11:48] | I’ll be at the coffee table. | 我在咖啡桌那 |
[11:50] | Wait a minute. tell me what? | 等一下 要告诉我什么? |
[11:53] | Guys guys come on. Marie will understand. | 你们快来 玛丽想要知道 |
[11:57] | We’re going out tonight | 我们今晚要出去 |
[11:59] | And we’ve asked Ally to babysit. | 我们已经说好让爱丽来照顾孩子 |
[12:02] | Oh I understand. | 噢 我明白了 |
[12:05] | You’re insane. | 你疯了 |
[12:08] | It’s okay grandma. | 奶奶 没事的 |
[12:10] | I babysat the last two nights. | 前两晚也是我带的孩子 |
[12:11] | Ally sweetie uh… | 亲爱的爱丽 |
[12:13] | That laundry’s not gonna fold itself. | 那些衣服自己不会叠好的 |
[12:15] | Come on. | 快去 |
[12:17] | Marie Ally will be fine. | 玛丽 爱丽没问题的 |
[12:19] | I used to babysit when I was her age. | 我在她那个年纪常常带孩子的 |
[12:23] | And you used to smoke too didn’t you? | 并且你经常抽烟 不是吗 |
[12:26] | I did not smoke. | 我不抽烟的 |
[12:28] | Well your parents were very liberal weren’t they? | 你父母可真是开放 不是吗? |
[12:31] | Yes but… | 是的 但是… |
[12:32] | They were hippies. | 他们是嬉皮士 |
[12:34] | They were not hippies. | 他们不是 |
[12:36] | I’m not gonna have this discussion. | 我不想继续讨论这个 |
[12:38] | We’re going to the movies. | 我们要去看电影了 |
[12:39] | – yes. to the movies we go. – yeah. let’s go to the movies. | -是的 去看电影了 -我们去看电影了 |
[12:41] | Well I’m staying right here. | 那么 我会一直待在这里的 |
[12:44] | Okay good night. | 好吧 晚安 |
[12:45] | I thought you were having guests over. | 我想你的客人已经在等你了 |
[12:46] | It was just Lee and Stan. enough with them already. | 只是李和斯坦 已经招待她们够多的了 |
[12:48] | All right. bye-bye. | 很好 再见 |
[12:50] | Well then I guess I’m the only one | 我觉得我是唯一一个 |
[12:52] | Who thinks the children are important. | 觉得孩子重要的人 |
[13:07] | Ray get back in here. | 雷 回来 |
[13:40] | Marie I think I know what’s best for my kids. | 玛丽 我觉得我知道怎么样对孩子是最好的 |
[13:44] | Oh really? | 噢 真的吗 |
[13:45] | By making your daughter cook and clean? | 让你的女儿做饭 打扫卫生? |
[13:48] | Look at the poor little thing. | 看看她那瘦小的身躯 |
[13:50] | She’s too young to be folding grown-up underwear. | 她还太小 根本不能叠好大人的内衣 |
[13:54] | What’s next? you gonna have her sweep the chimney? | 接下来是什么呢 你要让她扫烟囱? |
[13:56] | Ma come on. she’s not snow white. | 妈妈 得了吧 她又不是白雪公主 |
[14:05] | – cinderella. – shut up. | -是灰姑娘 -闭嘴 |
[14:13] | Marie look. we’re just trying to tell Ally | 听着 玛丽 我们只是试着让爱丽知道 |
[14:15] | That we trust her enough to take on more responsibility. | 我们相信她能够担任更多的责任 |
[14:18] | By making her into a slave? | 让她成为一个奴隶? |
[14:19] | – she’s not a slave. – yeah. | -她不是奴隶 -是啊 |
[14:21] | This is nothing compared to what | 这事和爸爸让我们小时候做的事比起来 |
[14:23] | Dad made us do when we were kids. | 简直微不足道 |
[14:24] | That’s true. talk about slaves. | 谈到奴隶 这倒是真的 |
[14:27] | I beg your freakin’ pardon? | 你们俩他娘的给我再说一遍? |
[14:30] | Come on. | 好啊 |
[14:35] | “rake those leaves. shovel that snow.” | “把那些树叶扫干净 铲掉那堆雪.” |
[14:37] | “change that tire. lift that piano.” | “把轮胎换掉 把钢琴抬过来.” |
[14:42] | Hey I only asked you two bozos to do stuff | 喂 我只是让你们两个蠢货干点事 |
[14:44] | So you could feel that you weren’t won’thless. | 免得你们觉得自己一无是处 |
[14:46] | It’s called being a good father. | 这才叫好父亲 |
[14:48] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:49] | Hey what are you laughing at? | 喂 你们笑什么? |
[14:51] | I even paid you. | 我还付了钱给你们 |
[14:53] | Oh yeah yeah. one nickel. | 是啊 5分 |
[14:56] | One time. | 只有一次 |
[14:59] | And we had to share it. | 我们两个还要分 |
[15:04] | Hey hey remember the time | 嘿 还记得那次 |
[15:06] | We put our nickel together | 我们把那5分钱放一起 |
[15:08] | And bought nothing? | 结果什么都没买到吗 |
[15:13] | Okay. so uh how much are you paying | 好啊 那么你们付了多少钱 |
[15:15] | Your little helper? | 给你们的小帮手呢 |
[15:16] | Well actually… | 事实上… |
[15:19] | We haven’t gotten into any specifics yet. | 我们还没有落实到具体 |
[15:21] | Yeah. we’re crunching the numbers. | 是的 我们正在考虑具体的数字 |
[15:24] | Ally come in here. | 爱丽 到这儿来 |
[15:26] | Uh all right. what are you doin’ | 很好 你在做什么呢 |
[15:27] | You wanna crunch numbers? let’s crunch. | 你不是正在考虑吗 让我们来算算该给多少 |
[15:30] | I understand you do not receive compensation. | 我知道你没得到你应有的补偿 |
[15:34] | What? | 什么? |
[15:35] | They’re not paying you. | 他们没付钱给你 |
[15:37] | Okay. all right. dad we get it. | 好了 很好 爸爸 我们知道怎么做 |
[15:39] | No. I’m glad you pointed out what a bad father I was. | 不 我很高兴你们指出了我是一个多么糟糕的父亲 |
[15:42] | I would hate to see you make the same mistake. | 我不愿意看到你犯同样的错误 |
[15:47] | How does $10 an hour grab you? | 一小时10元怎么样? |
[15:48] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[15:51] | Excuse me. I’m talking to my client. | 不好意思 我正在和我的客户交谈 |
[15:53] | You like nice things don’t you? | 你喜欢漂亮的东西 是吧? |
[15:56] | Party shoes taffy… | 舞会鞋 太妃糖… |
[16:00] | Dolls that pee. | 会撒尿的洋娃娃 |
[16:01] | Okay. Frank | 好了 弗兰克 |
[16:04] | We give Ally all that she needs. | 我们会给爱丽一切她想要的东西 |
[16:08] | That is management talking. | 那是套话 |
[16:10] | I think this whole topic is inappropriate. | 我觉得整个话题都不恰当 |
[16:14] | Ally should not be paid | 爱丽不应该被付钱 |
[16:16] | Because the child shouldn’t be working. | 因为小孩子不应该工作 |
[16:18] | She should be out chasing butterflies | 她应该到外面去捉蝴蝶 |
[16:20] | And hopping scotch. | 跳苏格兰舞 |
[16:29] | Okay. here are | 好了 下面是她的要求 |
[16:31] | $10 per hour | 一小时10元 |
[16:33] | Bedtime of her choosing | 她可以自己决定睡觉的时间 |
[16:36] | An assortment of sugary breakfast cereals. | 早餐要有各种甜燕麦片 |
[16:39] | Ooh lucky charms just added a new marshmallow shape. | 哦 小可爱 再加上一点 是那种新的葵花形状的 |
[16:46] | Rainbows. | 是彩虹状的 |
[16:50] | Uh she also wants a bucket of chicken | 她还要一桶鸡肉 |
[16:52] | And her grandmother should take a long vacation. | 她的奶奶应该去渡一次长假 |
[16:57] | That’s my commission. | 那是我的佣金 |
[16:59] | Dad look we’re not gonna play your stupid game. | 爸爸 听着 我们不会玩你那愚蠢的游戏 |
[17:02] | Game? you think this is a game? | 游戏? 你觉得这只是游戏? |
[17:06] | Walk away. | 走开 |
[17:07] | What? | 什么? |
[17:09] | Walk away from the table. | 从桌子旁走开 |
[17:10] | Where am I going? | 那我去哪? |
[17:12] | Nowhere honey. | 亲爱的 哪都别去 |
[17:14] | Yes you are. you’re going on strike! | 不 你要走 你要去罢工 |
[17:16] | We’re shuttin’ you down! | 我们要让你停工 |
[17:20] | Well I’m available if you need me. | 如果你们需要 我可以的 |
[17:24] | And it won’t cost you anything. | 不用花你们一分钱 |
[17:26] | Yo scab you like your kneecaps? | 哟 你这个工贼 不想要你的膝盖了吧? |
[17:28] | Okay uh you know i… | 好了 你们知道的 我… |
[17:35] | I’ve had enough of this. | 我受够了 |
[17:37] | Frank Marie it’s time for you to leave. | 弗兰克 玛丽 你们可以走了 |
[17:39] | Now that Ally is at a point | 现在爱丽已经长大了 |
[17:40] | Where she can do more around the house | 她可以做更多的家务事 |
[17:42] | We won’t be needing as much… outside help. | 我们不需要更多…外界的帮助 |
[17:47] | Well Debra that sounds like | 黛布拉 听起来好像 |
[17:49] | You don’t want me here at all. | 你一点也不希望我在这里 |
[17:51] | Uh no no. | 哦 不 不 |
[17:54] | No. we welcome you and your delightful way. | 不 我们欢迎你 还有你好心的帮助 |
[18:00] | No. debra’s never been comfortable | 不是的 接受我的帮助 |
[18:02] | Accepting my help. | 从来都没让黛布拉好受过 |
[18:06] | And I think now | 并且我觉得 |
[18:07] | You’re trying to use this situation | 你们现在正利用这个局势 |
[18:09] | To shut me out altogether. | 打算一起把我排斥在外 |
[18:12] | Marie you think I have time to sit around | 玛丽 你觉得我有时间坐在那 |
[18:14] | And come up with schemes to get you out of my life? | 想着怎么去算计你 把你排斥在我们的生活之外? |
[18:16] | Yeah ma come on. that’s not all she does. | 是的 妈妈 算了吧 她做的远不止这些 |
[18:21] | Sometimes she reads. | 她有时还读书 |
[18:25] | Marie look. we are doing this | 玛丽 听着 我们之所以这样做 |
[18:27] | Because this is what Ally wants. | 是因为这是爱丽想要的 |
[18:30] | What Ally wants! | 是爱丽想要的 |
[18:32] | Ever since we let her take on more responsibility | 自从我们让她担当更多的责任后 |
[18:34] | She’s blossomed. | 她开朗多了 |
[18:35] | Like a chrysanthemum. | 就像一朵菊花 |
[18:42] | She’s more confident she’s independent | 她变得更加自信 更加独立 |
[18:45] | And she’s happy. | 并且她很开心 |
[18:47] | And isn’t that what we all want… | 难道我们不都是想要… |
[18:49] | For Ally to be happy? | 让爱丽开心吗 |
[18:53] | I guess. | 我猜是的 |
[18:56] | So sweetie do you like babysitting? | 亲爱的 你喜欢照顾小孩吗 |
[18:58] | Does it make you happy? | 这让你感到开心吗 |
[18:59] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[19:01] | But not for free. | 但不是免费的 |
[19:02] | Ally you’re killing me here. | 爱丽 你这不是要我的命吗 |
[19:04] | Look at the napkin… | 看这张餐巾… |
[19:05] | I was working our way up to pony. | 我把我们的计划一直写到了小马那里 |
[19:09] | All right. just stop it dad okay? | 好了 停止吧 爸爸 好吗 |
[19:10] | Ally is happy and that’s all we care about… | 爱丽很开心 并且我大家都关心的就是… |
[19:13] | Making ally happy. | 让她开心 |
[19:14] | – really? – yes of course honey. | -真的吗 -是的 当然 亲爱的 |
[19:17] | Oh… because… | 噢…因为… |
[19:20] | Molly invited me over tonight and I kind of wanted to go | 莫莉邀请我今晚过去 我也有点想去 |
[19:23] | But I told her I couldn’t because I was babysitting. | 但我告诉她我不能去因为我要照顾弟弟 |
[19:27] | Well honey you should do what makes you happy. | 亲爱的 你应该做能让你感到快乐的事 |
[19:31] | – so I can go to molly’s? – well what about the movies? | -那么我可以去莫莉家? -那电影怎么办? |
[19:34] | Sure honey you can go to molly’s. | 当然 亲爱的 你可以去莫莉家 |
[19:36] | Right daddy? | 是不是 爸爸? |
[19:41] | Yeah. we only care about your happiness. | 是的 我们只在乎你的幸福 |
[19:45] | Great. | 太好了 |
[19:47] | Oh and were you serious about the money? | 噢 还有 钱的事是当真的吗 |
[19:50] | Cause I did do a lot of laundry. | 因为我的确洗了很多衣服 |
[19:56] | Okay. oh. I only got a 20. | 好的 噢 我只有20的大票 |
[19:58] | – that’s good. – wait. | -很好 -等等 |
[20:00] | Here you go honey. | 亲爱的 给你 |
[20:01] | Thank you grandpa! | 谢谢爷爷 |
[20:02] | That’s my girl. | 那是我的姑娘 |
[20:06] | Well can we still go to the movies? | 那么 我们还能去看电影吗 |
[20:08] | Okay Marie you win. | 好了 玛丽 你赢了 |
[20:12] | You can babysit. | 你可以带小孩了 |
[20:13] | Oh I’ love to. | 噢 我很乐意 |
[20:17] | But I can’t. | 但我不能 |
[20:20] | See I’m entertaining my dear friends Lee and Stan. | 听着 我得去招待我亲爱的朋友 李还有斯坦 |
[20:24] | Come on Frank. | 弗兰克 快来 |
[20:25] | Well well wait a minute | 等一下 |
[20:27] | Dad what about you? | 爸爸 你可以吗 |
[20:28] | Oh you can’t afford me. | 噢 你可请不起我 |
[20:32] | If you’ll excuse me | 请你们原谅 |
[20:34] | I’m gonna go see a movie with Amy | 我要去和艾米看电影了 |
[20:36] | And then have no children. | 并且没有小孩 |
[20:51] | There’s no reason both of us shouldn’t go to the movies. | 没有道理我们俩都不能去看电影吧 |
[20:55] | Wait. yeah there’s a reason right there. | 等等 理由就在那里 |
[20:57] | That’s one reason. yeah. | 那就是其中的原因 |
[21:01] | This is my favorite part of babysitting. | 这是我最喜欢的照顾小孩的部分 |
[21:08] | Hey. whoa. you’re home early. | 嘿 你这么早就回来了 |
[21:13] | Did you have fun at molly’s? | 在莫莉家玩得开心吗 |
[21:14] | Yeah. how are things here? | 嗯 家里怎么样? |
[21:16] | Any problem with the twins? | 双胞胎没惹事吧? |
[21:18] | No. they were great. | 没有 他们很好 |
[21:21] | What time did they go down? | 他们什么时候睡觉的? |
[21:27] | About a half an hour ago. | 大约半小时前 |
[21:29] | That’s pretty late. | 有点晚啊 |
[21:31] | What did you let them have chocolate or something? | 你们给他们吃了巧克力之类的了? |
[21:34] | No. | 没有 |
[21:37] | – yeah I did. – you… | -我给了 -你… |
[21:49] | I think she smelled the beer on my breath. | 我猜她闻到了我嘴里的啤酒味 |