时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hey everybody. | 大家好 |
[00:05] | Hey ally! | 嘿 爱丽 |
[00:07] | Did you have fun at molly’s? | 在莫莉家过得好吗 |
[00:08] | Yeah she invited me to her birthday party. | 当然 她还邀请我去她生日宴会 |
[00:10] | Dave’s gonna be there. | 戴夫也要去 |
[00:15] | Who’s dave? | 戴夫是谁 |
[00:17] | Dave yeager. | 他叫戴夫·伊格 |
[00:19] | She’s only had a crush on him since like forever! | 她疯狂的迷恋着他 |
[00:23] | Oh dave! okay. | 哦 他就是戴夫 |
[00:25] | I know him as dav… id. | 我还以为他叫戴…维 |
[00:28] | Ooh! get a load of this stationery. | 看看这张邀请卡 |
[00:31] | Oh nice… | 太漂亮了… |
[00:32] | Ooh! let me see! | 快让我看看 |
[00:37] | Quiet frank. | 安静点 弗兰克 |
[00:40] | Wow! peggy’s having molly’s party at their country club. | 佩吉要莫莉在乡村俱乐部举行宴会 |
[00:44] | “formal attire”? | 盛装打扮? |
[00:46] | A black-tie party for kids? | 小孩也搞盛装晚会? |
[00:49] | That’s nuts. | 疯子才去 |
[00:50] | That’s peggy. | 佩吉就是疯子 |
[00:52] | Peggy. | 佩吉 |
[00:53] | Hey ray isn’t she the cookie lady that beat you up? | 雷 是把你暴打一顿的饼干女士吗 |
[00:58] | Yeah the cookie lady… she beat the chips out of you! | 她甚至把你嘴里的薯片都打出来了 |
[01:10] | I can’t wait till one of you two needs a kidney. | 我真迫不及待想看你们俩哪个急需肾移植 |
[01:16] | She’s even picked out a gown she wants the girls to wear | 她甚至已经选好了女孩们要穿的衣服 |
[01:21] | And tells us where to buy it. | 还告诉我们在哪可以买到 |
[01:23] | Some women are so pushy! | 这些女人真是烦人 |
[01:28] | “mention peggy’s name to get a 10% discount.” | “提到佩吉的名字就可以打9折” |
[01:32] | And to open the gates of hell. | 我看是开启地狱之门吧 |
[01:36] | I can’t believe this is for a kid’s birthday party. | 我真不敢相信这竟然是孩子们的宴会 |
[01:39] | What happened to cake in the backyard | 捉迷藏 |
[01:41] | And playing hide-and-seek? | 和在后院吃蛋糕都已经过时了吗 |
[01:43] | There’s cake in the backyard? | 后院有蛋糕吗 |
[01:47] | I was great at hide-and-seek. | 我很擅长捉迷藏 |
[01:49] | Nobody ever found me. | 没有人能找到我 |
[01:51] | Nobody looked. | 那是因为没人来找 |
[01:58] | You know amy is right about these parties. | 艾米说得对 |
[02:01] | I mean to hire people to play records | 我的意思是可以雇人来放音乐 |
[02:05] | Magicians entertainment? | 表演魔术一类的 |
[02:07] | When I was a child… | 当我还小时… |
[02:09] | You sat around the fire and wondered how it got there. | 你小时就坐在火旁想火是怎么来的 |
[02:18] | Formal attire party for kids… | 孩子们的正式宴会… |
[02:20] | Peggy’s a whack-job. | 佩吉真是没事找事 |
[02:24] | Yeah I agree it’s silly | 我也认为这看上去很荒谬 |
[02:26] | But I understand her wanting to do something special for molly’s party. | 但是我能理解她想为莫莉的宴会做点什么的心情 |
[02:29] | 13 is a milestone age for a girl. | 13岁对于女孩子来说是个转折点 |
[02:32] | Yeah 13’s a very big age. | 对 13岁真的很重要 |
[02:35] | You’re halfway between girl and woman. | 因为这是女孩变成女人的年纪 |
[02:39] | Your body’s going through all sorts of changes… | 女孩们的身体在经历各种变化… |
[02:41] | – okay all right. – I’m eating! | -好了 打住吧 -我还在吃东西 |
[02:43] | Okay! | 好吧 |
[02:48] | You know interestingly in many cultures | 有趣的是 在很多文化中 |
[02:50] | The 13th birthday is often celebrated formally | 13岁生日常常庆祝得很正式 |
[02:54] | With lavish affairs. | 并且豪华铺张 |
[02:55] | The jewish people for instance | 例如 |
[02:57] | Have their bar or bat mitzvah. | 犹太人的成人礼 |
[03:00] | So raymond you could look at this | 所以雷蒙德 你可以把这个看成 |
[03:02] | As molly’s “bat mitzvah.” | 莫莉的成人礼 |
[03:07] | Could we look at this as your “shut-upsvah”? | 你能够闭嘴吗 |
[03:13] | Oh! I know this dress shop. | 我知道这间服装店 |
[03:15] | You’re not gonna walk out of there | 你没有100美元 |
[03:17] | For less than $100. | 就别进去逛 |
[03:18] | A hundred dollars. | 100美元 |
[03:20] | Stupid peggy. | 佩吉真笨 |
[03:23] | You know debra you could save yourself a lot of money | 黛布拉 其实你可以节省一笔钱 |
[03:26] | If you made ally a dress… | 如果你自己给爱丽做裙子… |
[03:29] | Oh… that’s right. | 你不会 |
[03:31] | Well I could make her the dress | 当然我可以帮她做条裙子 |
[03:33] | And tell her that you helped. | 告诉她做的时候你也帮忙了 |
[03:38] | You’re not gonna make a dress ma. | 不会要你做裙子的 妈妈 |
[03:40] | I still remember when you forced me and robert | 我还记得你强迫我和罗伯特 |
[03:43] | To wear your homemade jeans. | 穿”温暖牌”牛仔裤 |
[03:44] | They were very nice. | 做得很好啊 |
[03:46] | They looked just like the kind the other boys were wearing. | 它们看上去就像别的男孩穿的一样 |
[03:50] | They were velvet. | 它们是天鹅绒做的 |
[03:56] | That denim is very abrasive. | 那种布料很平滑 |
[04:00] | Yeah so were the other boys. | 是啊 和其他男孩穿的一样 |
[04:05] | I appreciate your offer marie | 我很感谢你 玛丽 |
[04:07] | But we can afford to buy ally a dress. | 但是我们可以为爱丽买这条裙子 |
[04:09] | No but I don’t want to afford it. | 不 我并不想付钱 |
[04:11] | $100 for a party dress… I mean it’s crazy. | 花100美元只买一件宴会裙真是疯了 |
[04:14] | Mom we’ve got to get to the mall. | 妈妈 我们得去购物中心了 |
[04:16] | I just talked to julie. she’s buying her dress today. | 我刚和朱莉通电话 她说今天买裙子 |
[04:18] | She wants us to meet her there. so let’s go. | 她想在那儿和我们碰头 快走吧 |
[04:20] | Honey I have a pta meeting so your father can take you. | 亲爱的 我得开家长会 你爸爸会带你去的 |
[04:23] | What me? whoa! wait a minute. I don’t even… | 什么 我吗 等等 |
[04:25] | You wanna go to the pta? | 你想去开家长会吗 |
[04:29] | Come on dad. please please please please? | 带我去吧 爸爸 求你了 |
[04:31] | I wanna get there before all the good colors are gone. | 我想在好看的颜色被抢光前赶到 |
[04:34] | I’ll be in the car. | 我在车上等你 |
[04:39] | Your daughter is waiting. | 女儿在等你呢 |
[04:47] | Guy never had a chance. | 男人就从来没有这种机会 |
[04:51] | While you’re there why don’t you pick up a dress for yourself? | 你何不在那间店里也帮自己挑件裙子 |
[05:03] | Dad I don’t think you can bring food in here. | 爸 你不能把吃的东西带进来 |
[05:06] | Hey I paid four bucks for this cookie. | 我可为了这个饼付了4美元 |
[05:08] | I’m not givin’ it up. | 我不会丢下它的 |
[05:10] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[05:11] | Hmm? | 什么事 |
[05:12] | You can have it back when you leave. | 你可以在离开时把这饼拿走 |
[05:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:18] | I know how much I ate. | 我记得我吃了多少 |
[05:21] | Now may I help you? | 那我能帮你点什么呢 |
[05:23] | Uh yeah um | 是的 |
[05:24] | I need to get a dress for my daughter here. | 我想为我女儿买条裙子 |
[05:27] | It’s for the peggy ardolino party. | 是为了去参加佩吉·亚得里诺的宴会 |
[05:28] | I was supposed to mention her name. | 我应该提一下她的名字 |
[05:31] | Just follow me. | 请跟我来 |
[05:33] | Now here we are. | 就在这儿了 |
[05:35] | These are the dresses for the ardolino party. | 这就是亚得里诺宴会所选的衣服 |
[05:38] | Wow daddy look at them! | 爸爸 快看啊 |
[05:40] | – yeah. – they’re beautiful! | -看着呢 -它们真漂亮 |
[05:42] | Yeah yeah you can wear them to a formal party | 当然 你可以穿它们去正式宴会 |
[05:45] | Or just knockin’ around the house. | 或者就在家里闲逛 |
[05:47] | Which color you want? | 你喜欢哪个颜色 |
[05:48] | The blue. | 蓝色的 |
[05:50] | Hmm. beautiful. | 很漂亮 |
[05:51] | How much is it? | 多少钱 |
[05:52] | These dresses are $250. | 这件250美元 |
[05:57] | $250?! | 250美元? |
[05:59] | I’ll be in there. | 我马上去试衣 |
[06:00] | No wait a minute. wait a minute. | 等等 |
[06:02] | $250?! | 250美元? |
[06:05] | That’s with the 10% discount for mentioning peggy’s name. | 你提了佩吉的名字已经打了九折了 |
[06:08] | All right… peggy peggy peggy peggy… | 那好吧 佩吉 佩吉… |
[06:10] | How much is it now? | 现在多少钱了呢 |
[06:16] | Hey barone you got roped into this too huh? | 巴隆 你也来了 |
[06:19] | Jerry you know how much this dress is? it’s $250! | 杰瑞 你知道这个多少钱吗 250美元啊 |
[06:22] | I know. I was gonna get a lawnmower. | 我知道 我本来打算买割草机的 |
[06:27] | Are you gonna pay for it? | 你打算买这个吗 |
[06:29] | You know what I think? I think the parents | 你知道我是怎么想的 |
[06:31] | Should protest and refuse to buy this fancy crap. | 作为父母我们应该反对买这种奢侈的垃圾 |
[06:33] | It would just teach peggy that she’s not the boss of us. | 这会教训佩吉 让她知道她什么也不是 |
[06:36] | Or get us all killed. | 或者她会把我们都杀了 |
[06:38] | I heard she once beat up a guy over some cookies. | 我听说她曾经为了饼干把一个男的暴打一顿 |
[06:44] | Really? no I heard that he beat her up actually. | 真的吗 听说是男的把她给打了 |
[06:48] | Yeah… bad. | 真的很糟糕 |
[06:50] | Sir | 先生 |
[06:51] | Would you like your daughter to try on the dress? | 你想要你的女儿试这条裙子吗 |
[06:54] | Let me ask you | 我想问你一些事情 |
[06:56] | Don’t you think that this is an awful lot of money | 你难道不觉得 |
[06:58] | To spend on a one-time thing? | 这么多钱花在只用一次的东西上很不值吗 |
[07:00] | That’s not for me to say sir but how can you put a price | 先生 我不能发表任何意见 |
[07:04] | On the smile of this beautiful young woman? | 但你无法用钱买到这位漂亮女孩脸上的微笑 |
[07:12] | You work on commission don’t you? | 你是赚佣金的对吧 |
[07:17] | Ally! | 爱丽 |
[07:18] | Hey molly! | 莫莉 |
[07:20] | Molly? | 莫莉? |
[07:27] | Hello ally’s dad. | 你好 爱丽的爸爸 |
[07:29] | Hello peggy. | 你好 佩吉 |
[07:34] | Is there a problem? | 出什么问题了吗 |
[07:38] | Ally would you give us a minute okay? | 爱丽 我们要单独谈会 |
[07:40] | Why don’t you and molly go down | 你为什么不和莫莉到下面去 |
[07:42] | And take turns on the massage chair? | 轮流坐坐按摩椅 |
[07:45] | Go ahead. | 快去吧 |
[07:49] | Peggy… peggy listen. | 佩吉 听着 |
[07:52] | Jerry. jerry come here. | 杰瑞 到这儿来 |
[07:57] | Some of us… some of us are wondering… | 我们在想… |
[08:00] | What are you thinking? | 你们到底怎么想的 |
[08:02] | I mean a formal party for 13-year-olds? | 我是说 为只有13岁的孩子们举行正式宴会 |
[08:05] | I understand about milestones | 我知道这是个转折点 |
[08:07] | And bodies going through weird hormonals… | 我知道她们的身体在发育 |
[08:11] | But you’re not even jewish. | 你也不是犹太人 |
[08:14] | I just thought it might be fun for one night | 我想这样一场宴会应该会很有趣的 |
[08:17] | If all the kids looked nice. | 如果所有的孩子都盛装出席 |
[08:19] | I’m just sick of the belly shirts | 我看够了那些肚腩T恤 |
[08:21] | And the thongs sticking out of jeans cut down to here. | 和不拴好皮带的打扮 |
[08:24] | Listen I don’t like stuff like that on girls | 我也不喜欢那种东西 |
[08:27] | Under 21 either okay? | 出现在21岁以下的少女身上 |
[08:32] | Ally doesn’t dress like that. | 爱丽也不喜欢穿成那样 |
[08:34] | And-and jerry and I think | 我和杰瑞是这样想的 |
[08:36] | That it’s outrageous to expect people to pay that much. | 付那么多钱真是太奢侈了 |
[08:39] | Oh look at the jewelry! | 哦 看看这些珠宝 |
[08:47] | Why are you making such a big deal out of this? | 为什么你这么小题大做 |
[08:50] | You’re a sportswriter. you make a lot of money. | 你是个体育专栏作者 你挣了很多钱 |
[08:52] | No… | 我没有 |
[08:54] | I write about people that make a lot of money | 我只是写那些赚大钱的人 |
[08:56] | And that’s not the point. | 这不是重点 |
[08:57] | What I make is none of your business. | 我赚多少不关你的事 |
[08:59] | I still think this whole thing is nuts! | 我还是觉得这整件事完全不合理 |
[09:01] | All right fine. don’t buy the dress. | 那好吧 就别买这裙子 |
[09:03] | And you can explain to ally why she will be | 你去给爱丽解释 |
[09:05] | The only girl there without one. | 为什么她是唯一不在宴会上盛装出席的人 |
[09:07] | She will stick out like a giant nose | 她会在宴会上格格不入 |
[09:10] | On a stupid face. | 就像你愚蠢无知的脸上的大鼻子那么不合适 |
[09:17] | Hey can I try on the dress now daddy? | 我能试试这件吗 爸爸 |
[09:20] | Come on ally. we’re out of here. | 走了 爱丽 我们离开这儿 |
[09:21] | Why? dad what about the dress? | 为什么 爸爸 裙子怎么办 |
[09:23] | – we’re not gonna buy it. go. – but… dad! | -我们不买了 走 -但是 爸爸 |
[09:25] | – come on! now! – why? | -快走吧 马上 -为什么 |
[09:27] | – because I said so. – but why? | -没有原因 -但是为什么 |
[09:28] | Because I am the grownup and that’s how it is! | 因为我是成年人 我说了算 |
[09:31] | Now where is my cookie! we’re out of here! | 这是我的饼 我们这就走 |
[09:34] | Come on ally! | 快来 爱丽 |
[09:44] | Okay all right! be like that! | 好吧 你就那样吧 |
[09:49] | Ray what’s going on? | 雷 发生什么了 |
[09:51] | Guess how much the dress cost… go ahead. | 你们猜猜这裙子多少钱 随便猜 |
[09:53] | I don’t know what? like $100? | 我不知道 大概100美元吧 |
[09:55] | Guess again. | 重新猜 |
[09:58] | Just tell me ray. | 快告诉我 雷 |
[09:59] | $120. | 120美元 |
[10:02] | Ray knock it off. | 雷 你就揭晓谜底吧 |
[10:04] | $147.99. | 147.99美元 |
[10:10] | Wrong. | 不对 |
[10:11] | $250! | 是250美元! |
[10:14] | Yes! I was closest. | 很好 我是最接近的 |
[10:18] | Wow! two hundred and… | 200多美元… |
[10:20] | – why so much? – I don’t know. | -为什么这么贵 -我不知道 |
[10:22] | Maybe it’s made of unicorn fur. | 也许是用独角兽的皮做的 |
[10:29] | So wait… you didn’t buy it? | 等一下 你没有买那条裙子吗 |
[10:31] | No of course not. what are you talking about? you would’ve? | 当然没买 难道你会吗 |
[10:35] | You know what? I think I would have. | 我想我会买给她的 |
[10:38] | – what? – wait I mean I agree with you | 什么 |
[10:40] | That it costs too much money. | 我也认为这条裙子很贵 |
[10:41] | 250 bucks? | 250美元 |
[10:43] | You could put a great tv in the bathroom for that. | 花这些钱都可以在在浴室里装个电视了 |
[10:47] | You are not getting a tv in the bathroom! | 你不准在浴室里安电视 |
[10:51] | Then I’m bringing the toilet into the living room! | 那么我就把厕所搬到客厅来 |
[10:59] | Please please just stop. | 求求你们安静会儿 |
[11:02] | Ray listen ally still needs that dress. | 雷 爱丽需要这条裙子 |
[11:04] | She’s going to be the only girl not wearing one. | 否则她会成为唯一不盛装打扮的人 |
[11:06] | She’ll stand out. | 会不合群的 |
[11:08] | Oh okay so now you’re just like peggy now. | 你现在像极了佩吉 |
[11:10] | Oh so this is all because you hate peggy. | 你不买裙子是因为你讨厌佩吉 |
[11:14] | No no this has nothing to do with her. | 这不关她的事 |
[11:17] | It’s morally and ethnically wrong. | 这件事本身就是错的 |
[11:22] | You’re out of your element ray. | 你不了解情况 雷 |
[11:24] | Look ally’s still gonna look nice. | 你想想看 爱丽需要打扮得漂漂亮亮的 |
[11:27] | We’ll buy her a nice normal-priced dress. | 我们可以给她买一条平价的漂亮裙子 |
[11:29] | I don’t know what the big deal is. | 我不知道这是什么大不了的事情 |
[11:31] | Because you have never been a 13-year-old girl! | 因为你从来没当过13岁的女孩 |
[11:34] | I think you’re really running out of stuff to criticize me for. | 我觉得你简直是鸡蛋里挑骨头 |
[11:40] | You know debra I know that you were raised in a house | 黛布拉 我知道 |
[11:43] | Where money was no object. | 你在一个不懂节制的家庭环境中长大 |
[11:45] | But do you really want to pass on these values | 但是… |
[11:48] | To your children? | 你想让孩子们染上这种恶习吗 |
[11:50] | She’s right. look I feel sorry for ally too | 她是对的 我也为爱丽感到遗憾 |
[11:52] | But isn’t it more important that we don’t raise spoiled kids? | 但是我们不能宠坏孩子啊 |
[11:55] | You’re just saying that to impress your mother. | 你这样说只是为了迎合你的母亲 |
[11:58] | And he has. | 他总是这么迎合我 |
[12:04] | Thank god you’re here. I need you to settle an argument. | 感谢上帝 我需要你们来了结这个争论 |
[12:07] | I really just wanted to return your roasting pan. | 我只是想还你们烤肉锅 |
[12:10] | That’s okay. this’ll just take a second. | 没关系 只花你们几分钟 |
[12:12] | Should’ve just mailed the pan. | 看来我们该邮寄这锅 |
[12:16] | Ray doesn’t want to buy ally the party dress | 雷不想给爱丽买宴会裙 |
[12:18] | Because he thinks it costs too much. | 因为他认为太贵了 |
[12:20] | And I agree with raymond. | 我站在雷蒙德这边 |
[12:22] | Ma agrees with raymond… that’s 40 years in a row! | 妈40年来总是站在雷蒙德那边 |
[12:35] | I’ say that the dress is too expensive | 我认为这条裙子是很贵 |
[12:37] | But isn’t it more important that ally is not the only girl | 但是…难道这比让爱丽成为 |
[12:40] | At the party not wearing the dress? | 唯一一个不盛装出席的人更重要吗 |
[12:42] | Oh yeah. that would be humiliating. | 对啊 这会很丢脸 |
[12:44] | I agree with my wife. let’s go. goodbye. | 我同意我妻子的看法 我们走了 再见 |
[12:47] | Hold it! | 等等 |
[12:48] | It costs $250! | 这条裙子的价格是250美元 |
[12:57] | For a dress that will only be worn once? | 一条只穿一次的裙子? |
[12:59] | Yeah hmm-hmm hah. | 是啊 |
[13:04] | That’s awfully expensive. | 真是贵死了 |
[13:06] | Yeah well tell it to debra von moneybags. | 请跟黛布拉·冯·钱袋子说 |
[13:13] | You know I never like to agree with a moron | 虽然我从来不和蠢蛋站在一起 |
[13:16] | But I’ve got to go with raymond on this one. | 但这次我同意雷蒙德的想法 |
[13:20] | Hey deb I’ll back you | 黛布 我会支持你 |
[13:21] | If you back my tv-in-the-toilet idea. | 如果你支持我把电视安在厕所的想法 |
[13:26] | It’s okay frank. | 得了吧 弗兰克 |
[13:28] | This is a… | 这真是… |
[13:29] | Am I the only one that feels this way? | 难道我是唯一认为该给她买裙子的人吗 |
[13:36] | All right. | 那好吧 |
[13:38] | Ally! | 爱丽 |
[13:40] | Your father and I need to talk to you. | 你爸爸和我想和你谈谈 |
[13:43] | Now remember you two have to stand firm and united. | 现在记住 你们俩得保持紧密团结 |
[13:46] | Even when she says she hates you. | 甚至当她说她恨你 |
[13:48] | No look ally doesn’t say that to us. | 爱丽不会那样说话的 |
[13:52] | You want that hate. | 让我来告诉你吧:你会想她恨你 |
[13:55] | If your kids like you you’ve failed as parents. | 如果你的孩子喜欢你 那你就不是称职的父母 |
[14:03] | Allow me to congratulate you on your magnificent success. | 让我来祝贺你的伟大成功 |
[14:18] | Ally honey listen. | 亲爱的 |
[14:20] | We’ve been having a long talk about this whole dress thing | 我们为了这条裙子争论了很久 |
[14:23] | And I think your father was right not to buy it. | 我也同意你父亲的做法 |
[14:27] | We just can’t spend that much money | 我们不能花那么多钱 |
[14:29] | And still feel like we’re being good parents. | 我觉得好父母都会这么做的 |
[14:35] | Can I go back to my room now? | 我能回房了吗 |
[14:37] | Yeah. but first I want you | 但是我想 |
[14:40] | To make up with your father okay? | 让你先和你爸和好 好吗 |
[14:44] | Come on honey. | 来吧 亲爱的 |
[14:46] | I’m sorry we fought sweetie. | 我很抱歉和你吵 小甜心 |
[15:18] | See? | 瞧见了吗 |
[15:20] | She didn’t say she hates me. | 她没说恨我 |
[15:22] | Don’t worry she was thinking it. | 别担心 她只是没说出来 |
[15:30] | Ally? | 爱丽 |
[15:37] | It’s 6:30. shouldn’t you be getting ready for the party? | 都6点半了 你不准备去宴会吗 |
[15:40] | I’m not going. | 我不会去的 |
[15:41] | I know you’ve been saying all week | 我知道你总是说 |
[15:44] | That you’re not going | 你不去宴会 |
[15:46] | But molly is your best friend | 但是莫莉是你最好的朋友 |
[15:47] | And you told her that you would be there. | 你跟她说你会去的 |
[15:50] | Well I’m not going. | 但是我不去了 |
[15:52] | Because of the dress? | 就因为这条裙子 |
[15:56] | Okay. all right. | 那好吧 |
[15:58] | Stupid question. | 这是个愚蠢的问题 |
[16:00] | Come on look | 别这样 |
[16:02] | Aren’t all your friends going to be there huh? | 你所有的朋友都会去 不是吗? |
[16:05] | And that guy you’ve had a crush on for like forever… | 还有那个你愿意一生相许的男孩也在… |
[16:08] | Charlie! | 他叫查里 |
[16:11] | Dave. | 是戴夫 |
[16:12] | Dave right. | 对 是戴夫 |
[16:14] | Dave! | 戴夫 |
[16:18] | Come on don’t you wanna be with your friends | 难道你不想和你朋友在一起 |
[16:21] | And dance with dave? | 还有和戴夫跳舞? |
[16:22] | On fast songs only? | 你们只跳快舞吧 |
[16:25] | Stop it dad! | 别再说了 爸爸 |
[16:31] | Listen… | 听着… |
[16:33] | I know you were right about the dress being too expensive. | 我知道你们不给我买这么贵裙子是正确的 |
[16:36] | Really? | 你真这样想吗 |
[16:39] | Wow! well good. | 很好 很好 |
[16:41] | See? I’m glad you feel that way. | 我很高兴你这样想 |
[16:47] | I mean I think the whole fancy-party idea | 我认为… |
[16:51] | Is kind of dumb. | 这个盛装宴会是有些不妥 |
[16:52] | So does molly but her mom’s just so… | 莫莉也这样认为 但是她妈妈… |
[16:55] | Horrible yeah. | 很可怕 |
[17:00] | I was gonna say excited. | 我本想说兴奋 |
[17:04] | Yeah. I meant horribly excited. | 我是想说他兴奋得可怕 |
[17:13] | I’m sorry I was mad at you daddy. | 爸爸 我很抱歉我生你气 |
[17:17] | Were you mad at me? oh. | 你生我气吗 |
[17:19] | I didn’t even notice. | 我都没感觉 |
[17:25] | I just want this party to be over and done with. | 我只想这个宴会快点结束 |
[17:29] | Do you wanna go watch a movie? | 你想看场电影吗 |
[17:32] | Not with you. | 想 但不和你去 |
[17:36] | You’re going to that party. | 你得去那个宴会 |
[17:39] | But I told you I’m not going. | 我说过了我不去 |
[17:41] | Well then what am I gonna do with this? | 那么买这件裙子干什么呢 |
[17:48] | Oh my god! | 哦 天啊! |
[17:51] | I promise I’ll do lots of chores to pay for it. | 我保证我会做很多家务来付钱 |
[17:53] | I’ll… wash your car and babysit. | 我会…给你洗车和照顾小孩 |
[17:56] | That’s all right. you don’t have to do any of that. | 你不用做任何事情 |
[17:58] | Just go. go and have a good time. | 快去享受你的快乐宴会 |
[18:01] | Why’ you buy it? | 你为什么会买它 |
[18:02] | I bought it… I bought it because… | 我买…我买是因为… |
[18:04] | I bought it because you’re a good kid | 因为你是个好孩子 |
[18:07] | And you don’t ask for much | 你总是要求很少 |
[18:09] | And I just want you to know | 我只是想你知道 |
[18:12] | That you can count on me to do stuff | 你可以信赖我 |
[18:16] | When it’s important for you. | 去做一些对你来说很重要的事情 |
[18:21] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:22] | You know | 你知道 |
[18:25] | I was gonna get you the dress anyway | 无论如何我会为你买这条裙子 |
[18:27] | But you made it a lot easier | 但你让我觉得更值得这么做 |
[18:29] | When you said that $250 is a lot of money. | 当你说250美金是很多钱的时候 |
[18:32] | Hey mom look what daddy bought me! | 妈妈 爸爸给我买了这条裙子 |
[18:35] | Oh yeah actually… | 是的 |
[18:39] | See… | 看吧… |
[18:44] | It’s actually… it’s from both of us. | 这个实际上是我俩一起买给你的 |
[18:47] | Thanks mom! | 也谢谢妈妈 |
[18:49] | Yeah honey you’re welcome. | 不用谢 亲爱的 |
[18:51] | I’m gonna go try it on. you guys are the best! | 我现在要去试穿 你们俩是最好的父母 |
[18:58] | What? | 怎么回事儿 |
[19:00] | Look at you… | 看看你自己 |
[19:02] | After all your tough talk you turn into a puddle of goo. | 到最后你还不是心软了 |
[19:05] | – no. – yeah. | -没有 -你是的 |
[19:06] | You’re so worried she’s gonna hate you | 你很担心她会恨你 |
[19:08] | You just fold like a cheap tent. | 你就这么容易屈服了 |
[19:09] | No! no! I’m… | 我不是这样的 |
[19:11] | I’m tough but fair. yeah. | 我是既强势又公正的 |
[19:15] | Mainly tough. | 大部分时候我还是很强势 |
[19:17] | Can I ask you something? what made you change your mind? | 我能问你是什么让你改变想法的吗 |
[19:21] | You had me thinking that you were right for once. | 你之前让我觉得你是对的 |
[19:23] | And I was hating myself | 我那时甚至有些恨自己 |
[19:25] | Cause I was getting all sucked into this superficial crap | 因为我称赞这条虚伪的垃圾裙子 |
[19:28] | About fitting in and looks and fashion. | 关于它的上身效果和流行趋势 |
[19:31] | And I’m thinking ” gee you know maybe ray really has…” | 我还在想”也许雷是对的… “ |
[19:34] | Oh! look at… | 快看! |
[19:36] | You look beautiful! that is just gorgeous. | 你穿上它真漂亮 像个美人 |
[19:40] | You’re so grown up! | 你看起来真的长大了 |
[19:42] | – want me to do your hair? – yes I would love that. | -想让我为你做头发吗? -当然想 |
[19:44] | Can I use your makeup? | 我能用你的化妆品吗? |
[19:45] | Little blush? just a little blush. | 只能用一点腮红 |
[19:47] | And I have a bag that is so perfect for this. | 我有一个包很适合这件衣服 |
[19:53] | Peggy. | 真像佩吉 |
[20:03] | Okay honey. | 好了 亲爱的 |
[20:05] | Have a good time at the party. | 在宴会上玩得开心 |
[20:07] | A dance may start fast but then goes slow | 你要记住 跳舞开始也许很快 |
[20:10] | So you just say “no thank you ” then walk away. | 等后来变慢时你要拒绝说”不用 谢谢” 然后走开 |
[20:14] | Sure dad. whatever you say. | 你说的一切我都会做 |
[20:23] | Oh my god. | 哦 我的天啊 |
[20:25] | Nobody else is wearing a dress. | 其他人都没穿宴会服 |
[20:30] | Nice dress cinderella. | 漂亮的裙子 灰姑娘 |
[20:36] | Well if it isn’t ally’s dad. | 这不是爱丽的爸爸吗 |
[20:39] | Congratulations you’ve ruined my daughter’s birthday party. | 恭喜你成功破坏了我女儿的生日宴会 |
[20:42] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[20:44] | Please don’t play dumb with me. | 请你不要再耍我 |
[20:45] | All your rabble-rousing in the dress shop? | 都怪你在衣服店里蛊惑人心的演讲 |
[20:47] | – you were rabble-rousing? – no! | -你在煽动他们别买裙子 -我没有 |
[20:50] | He told megan’s father all the parents should protest | 他告诉梅根的爸爸让所有的家长都抵制这件事 |
[20:53] | And refuse to buy the formal clothes. | 拒绝买正式衣服 |
[20:55] | Y’all called each other and look what happened. | 他们互相打电话说这件事 就成了现在这个局面 |
[21:06] | Nobody called me. | 怎么没人打给我 |
[21:09] | We have to go home. | 我们得回家 |
[21:11] | No honey. | 不 甜心 |
[21:12] | It doesn’t matter what anybody else says. | 让别人去说吧 别太在意 |
[21:14] | Go in there and have a wonderful time. | 快进去然后度过快乐的夜晚 |
[21:16] | I can’t believe you did this to me dad! | 我真不敢相信你这样对我 |
[21:18] | Wh-what did I do? I did something nice. | 我到底做了什么 我应该是做了好事啊 |
[21:20] | I bought a dress for $250. you’re goin’ into that party! | 我买给你250美元的裙子让你去参加宴会 |
[21:23] | – no I’m not! – yes you are! $250! | -我不去 -你必须去 250块呢 |
[21:26] | – I don’t care! – you’re going into the party. | -我不在乎 -你给我去宴会 |
[21:27] | – you can’t make me! – I’m your father. | -你不能强迫我 -我是你爸爸 |
[21:30] | – you have to do what I say! – I hate you! | -你得照我说的做 -我恨你!! |
[21:42] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[21:48] | You’re a successful parent. | 你真是个成功的父亲 |