时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hey! there they are! | 小家伙们回来了 |
[00:05] | How was the carnival? | 在嘉年华玩得咋样啊 |
[00:07] | Uncle Robert threw up! | 罗伯特叔叔吐得一塌糊涂 |
[00:08] | On a ride! | 在马上 |
[00:12] | Oh Robert. | 天哪 罗伯特 |
[00:14] | He was on one of those spinning rides. | 是正在转的旋转木马上 |
[00:17] | He nailed 11 people! | 他吐中了11个人 |
[00:23] | I had to buy a guy a shirt. | 我得给人家赔T恤 |
[00:27] | Guess what? that was my college on the phone. | 猜怎么着? 我的大学给我打电话了 |
[00:30] | They want to give me a degree. | 他们想给我个学位 |
[00:31] | I thought you had a degree. | 你不是已经有了么 |
[00:32] | Yeah what the hell were we paying for? | 对啊 不然我们以前交的钱都打水漂了么 |
[00:36] | It’s another one. | 是另一个学位啦 |
[00:37] | They call it an “honorary doctorate.” | 他们管这个叫荣誉博士 |
[00:42] | I might throw up again. | 受不了你 我又要吐了 |
[00:45] | Oh my god! | 喔 太棒了 |
[00:47] | Raymond you’re a doctor! | 雷蒙德 你现在是医生了 |
[00:49] | Doctorate ma. | 妈妈 这是指博士 |
[00:51] | They call it a”doctorate of letters.” | 他们管这叫博士头衔 |
[00:53] | That is so great honey. aw… | 亲爱的 那太棒了 |
[00:56] | Wow Ray congratulations! | 哇 雷 祝贺你 |
[00:59] | We are so happy for you. | 我们真为你高兴 |
[01:03] | How much do they charge for this? | 他们搞下这个要收多少钱 |
[01:04] | – nothing. – yeah right. | -不收钱 -得了吧你 |
[01:06] | No contribution at all? | 一点建设费都不用交吗? |
[01:08] | Let me tell you | 我跟你说 |
[01:10] | Education is the biggest scam going. | 教育系统猫腻最多了 |
[01:13] | Dr. raymond albert barone. | 雷蒙德·艾尔勃特·巴隆博士 |
[01:18] | Hey doctor I got a mole you should | 医生博士大人 我背上有个痦子 |
[01:20] | Take a look at on my backside. | 你给看看呗 |
[01:30] | Well you must be my 9:30. | 啊 你就是和我预约在9点半的病人吧 |
[01:37] | So what’s your diagnosis? | 那告诉我你的诊断吧 |
[01:40] | I don’t know yet. | 还不知道呢 |
[01:41] | I might have to put my healing hands | 我可能要把我神奇的治疗之手 |
[01:43] | On your love-starved body. | 放在你那渴望爱的身体上 |
[01:47] | Oh doctor. | 哦 博士 |
[01:50] | Doctor Ray. | 雷博士 |
[01:52] | What? what? | 干嘛? 干嘛? |
[01:54] | No it’s just funny calling you doctor. | 叫着好玩 叫你博士太搞笑了 |
[01:57] | It’s not that funny. | 有那么好笑么 |
[02:00] | Dr. raymond barone phd. | 雷蒙德·巴隆博士 博学之士 |
[02:04] | All right stop it. | 好啦 别闹了 |
[02:06] | Come on you know how I feel | 你又不是不知道 |
[02:08] | About laughing during sex. | 你在爱爱的时候笑 我会有什么感觉 |
[02:12] | You have to admit you’re not | 你得承认 |
[02:14] | The most professorial kind of guy. | 你不是那种学院气十足的人 |
[02:17] | I can be exceedingly professorial. | 我能超级学院气 |
[02:19] | No I know. | 是啊是啊 |
[02:20] | I was just remembering that time | 我记得那次 |
[02:22] | You read the word “stohma-cha-chuh.” | 你说”胃冬” |
[02:28] | What’s your point? | 你想说什么 |
[02:29] | You read “stohma-cha-chuh.” | 你说的是”胃冬” |
[02:32] | And the word really is… | 而真正的说法是 |
[02:37] | Stomachache. | 胃疼 |
[02:48] | I am just teasing you. | 我激你玩儿呢 |
[02:50] | Yeah right. | 得了吧 |
[02:51] | No come on. | 不要这样嘛 |
[02:52] | Kiss me again. | 再亲我一个 |
[02:54] | For once I don’t have a”head-ah-cha-chuh.” | 这次我可没”头冬” |
[02:58] | – all right forget it. – I’m kidding. | -我怒了 不理你 -开玩笑啦 |
[03:00] | You’re just like Robert and my father. | 你跟爸爸和罗伯特一样 |
[03:02] | You don’t think I deserve this. | 你们觉得我配不上博士这个称号 |
[03:03] | No of course I think you deserve this. | 不是的 我们觉得你配 |
[03:06] | – even though I’m an idiot. – yes. | -尽管我是个白痴 -是的 |
[03:08] | No no I don’t believe that. | 不是不是 我们没觉得你是白痴 |
[03:11] | You’re very smart. you deserve this. | 你很聪明 你配得上被称为博士 |
[03:14] | You’re going to do great. | 你会做得很好的 |
[03:16] | What do you mean “do great”? | 你说”做得好”是啥意思? |
[03:18] | When you give your speech. | 你要演讲啊 |
[03:24] | You knew you had to give a speech right? | 你知道你得要演讲的 对吧 |
[03:30] | Ray when they give you an honorary diploma | 雷 他们授予你荣誉博士头衔的时候 |
[03:33] | You give a speech. | 你得演讲的 |
[03:36] | In front of people? | 要当着众人面前么 |
[03:38] | Well it’s not a speech otherwise. | 如果不是当着听众的话 |
[03:42] | It’s just a crazy man. | 那不成了疯人自言自语了 |
[03:46] | Oh my god. | 天哪 |
[03:48] | Honey you’ll do fine. | 亲爱的 你一定没问题的 |
[03:50] | No I won’t! | 我不行的 |
[03:51] | They’re going to expect me to be smart in front of smart people | 他们想让我在关公面前耍大刀 |
[03:54] | And say smart things. and I’m not smart. | 还要耍出花来 可我连刀都不会拿 |
[03:56] | You know it I know it we all know it. | 你知道我知道 地球人都知道 |
[03:58] | Who am I kidding? | 我在开什么国际玩笑呢 |
[04:00] | Ray come out. | 雷 出来 |
[04:02] | No! | 不要 |
[04:05] | I’m never coming out so you’re free to remarry. | 我永远都不出来 你可以找别人嫁了 |
[04:11] | – Ray… – just… | -雷 -不过 |
[04:13] | Remember I can hear you in here. | 记得我就在这里头听着 爱爱的时候别太大声 |
[04:17] | Honey listen. | 亲爱的 听我说 |
[04:20] | They want you because you’re good at what you do. | 他们会给你这个荣誉是因为你工作真的很成功 |
[04:25] | They want the students to see someone | 他们希望学生以你这样的 |
[04:27] | Who loves his work and is a success. | 热爱工作并且成功的人作为榜样 |
[04:29] | You don’t have to sound like a professor. | 你不用装成一幅老学究的样子 |
[04:31] | What they want is ray barone. | 他们要的就是你 |
[04:33] | You give them that and I promise they will love you. | 把你自己展现出来 他们一定会喜欢你的 |
[04:46] | Yeah? | 真的么 |
[04:47] | Positive. | 一定确定以及肯定 |
[04:54] | Ooh I’m feeling feverish doctor. | 医生大人 我觉得热热的呢 |
[04:59] | Oh yes. yes you are. | 可不是么 |
[05:02] | I think you might have caught something | 我看是从你啦啦队的 |
[05:04] | From the rest of the cheerleading squad. | 队友那传染了什么了吧 |
[05:07] | Yes. | 是呀 |
[05:12] | – step into my office. – ooh! | -进我办公室来 -噢 |
[05:21] | Oh wasn’t that wonderful? | 刚才简直太棒了 |
[05:39] | It was pretty good right? yeah. | 刚才还不错吧 是吧 是吧 |
[05:41] | All the money on that damn college | 这学校收了那么多钱 |
[05:43] | They can’t put a cushion on a folding chair? | 在折叠椅上放个椅垫都不舍得 |
[05:47] | My mole is killing me! | 我的痦子硌死我了 |
[05:49] | Robbie are you sure you got a picture | 罗比 刚才雷蒙德和校长握手的时候 |
[05:52] | Of raymond shaking the dean’s hand? | 你拍下来了么 |
[05:54] | I’m sure ma. | 拍下来了 妈 |
[05:55] | And pictures of me kissing Raymond? | 还有我亲雷蒙德的时候 |
[05:57] | We have enough to make wallpaper. | 你亲他的照片多得可以当墙纸贴了 |
[06:00] | Hey listen guys. now that we’re here | 好啦 人都齐了 |
[06:03] | Really tell me | 现在说实话 |
[06:05] | How was my speech? | 我刚才的演讲怎么样 |
[06:07] | – everyone loved it! – yeah? | -每个人都喜欢 -真的么 |
[06:09] | It really was great Ray. | 雷 你的演讲真的很棒 |
[06:11] | So folksy. | 很通俗易懂 |
[06:13] | You did a good job honey. | 亲爱的 你做得很好 |
[06:15] | Yeah you can take your robe off now merlin. | 好了 大法师 可以把你的袍子脱下来了 |
[06:23] | By the way why did you have to mention to everybody | 对了 你为什么要告诉所有人 |
[06:26] | That when I was a kid I couldn’t throw a spiral? | 我小时候扔不出弧线球呢 |
[06:28] | That was to show how I got into critiquing sports. | 为了让大家知道我为什么会成为体育评论家 |
[06:31] | I liked the part about me cursing at the players on tv. | 我喜欢你提到我在电视机前一边看比赛一边骂娘 |
[06:35] | Yeah you liked that? | 不错吧 |
[06:36] | It’s nice to know you have | 知道你对自己的孩子的人生产生重大影响 |
[06:37] | An influence on your kids. | 是件幸福的事儿 |
[06:40] | It was the best speech I have ever heard. | 这是我听过的最好的演说 |
[06:44] | You just liked it because you got a big special mention. | 你喜欢是因为你在里面被重点提到了 |
[06:47] | Did i? I didn’t notice. | 有吗 我可没注意到 |
[06:51] | You should be very proud Ray. | 雷 你应该非常自豪 |
[06:53] | All right all right. | 好了好了 |
[06:55] | Let’s celebrate huh? put out some food. | 让咱们庆祝庆祝吧 弄些好吃的 |
[06:57] | – I’ll help you. – okay. | -我来帮你 -好的 |
[06:58] | Ooh yes that’s good thinking Amy. | 艾米还真会想啊 |
[07:04] | So Ray’s big day… | 今天可是雷的好日子啊 |
[07:06] | You must be so proud of him. | 你应该很为他骄傲吧 |
[07:08] | Yeah I am proud of him. | 那是 相当骄傲 |
[07:11] | What’s wrong? | 你怎么了 |
[07:12] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[07:14] | Come on something’s up. | 肯定有事 |
[07:17] | No really it’s nothing. | 真的没事 |
[07:19] | You can tell me. | 别瞒我 |
[07:24] | Well he made a great speech today right? | 他今天的演讲很棒吧 |
[07:27] | How he worked in all those little stories about everybody in his life? | 他居然能记得生命中每个人发生的每件小事 |
[07:30] | Yeah that was my favorite part. | 是的 那是我最喜欢的部分 |
[07:32] | Did you notice he didn’t mention me? | 你没注意到他完全没提到我么 |
[07:34] | Of course he did. | 他肯定有提到啊 |
[07:36] | No. | 没有 |
[07:37] | No he mentioned Frank and Robert | 肯定提到了 你看 他提到了弗兰克和罗伯特 |
[07:41] | And thanked Marie at the end and… | 结尾的时候感谢了玛丽 还有… |
[07:43] | Oh my god he didn’t mention you. | 天哪 他真的没提你 |
[07:47] | It’s fine. it is. | 没关系 没事儿 |
[07:50] | No Deb I’m sure ray just made some kind of mistake in his speech. | 不是的 黛布 他肯定是在演讲中犯错了 |
[07:54] | He just forgot. you should ask him. | 他只是忘了 你应该直接问他 |
[07:56] | No no. I don’t wanna make a big deal about it. | 不要不要 我不想小题大做 |
[07:59] | I want him to enjoy his day. | 今天是他的好日子 我想他开心就好 |
[08:01] | What a beautiful diploma. | 这文凭纸真美啊 |
[08:04] | Why don’t you keep it ma? | 那您留着吧 妈 |
[08:05] | – what? – yeah. | -什么 -您留着吧 |
[08:06] | – really? oh no. – sure. | -真的么 怎么好意思 -没关系 |
[08:08] | I can’t hang it up here. it’ be like bragging. | 我不能把这个挂这儿 太不淡定了 |
[08:11] | Besides you deserve it. | 再说了 这是你应得的 |
[08:13] | Oh what a boy! | 我的好儿子 |
[08:16] | Okay okay. okay. okay. | 行了 行了 行了 行了 |
[08:20] | He said okay! | 他说了行了 |
[08:33] | Can I talk to you for a minute Ray? | 雷 我能跟你谈谈么 |
[08:42] | Debra would kill me for this because she won’t say anything | 黛布拉不想我说什么 不过我还是要多嘴说句 |
[08:45] | But I thought | 因为我觉得 |
[08:47] | You didn’t mention her in your speech. | 你在演讲中居然没有提到她 |
[08:49] | What? no… yes I did. | 怎么可能? 我提了 |
[08:54] | I didn’t? | 我提了没提? |
[09:06] | Oh my god. | 天哪 |
[09:10] | You didn’t thank your wife. | 你居然没感谢自己的妻子 |
[09:12] | You screwed the pooch! | 你个吃小狗的坏人 |
[09:15] | Robert quiet! | 闭嘴 罗伯特 |
[09:17] | What did he do? | 他干什么了 |
[09:18] | He didn’t thank Debra. | 他忘了感谢黛布拉 |
[09:20] | Amy! | 艾米 |
[09:22] | No. no no I did. I did. I know I did. | 不是的不是的 我谢了 我肯定谢了 |
[09:25] | I wrote… I wrote… I wrote… | 我写了 我写了 |
[09:28] | Look I wrote about school. | 你看 我写的学校的事儿 |
[09:31] | I wrote about sports and l… | 关于体育 还有 |
[09:38] | Oh no. | 不是吧 |
[09:40] | You didn’t even jot her name down in the margins… | 你有空地儿都没写她的名字 |
[09:43] | Amy what are you doing? | 艾米 你在干嘛 |
[09:45] | Helping? | 帮忙啊 |
[09:47] | Let’s go back. let’s go back. I’ll give another speech. | 我们回去 我们回去 我重新演讲一遍 |
[09:50] | There’s probably still people in the cafeteria. | 可能还有些听众在餐厅没走 |
[09:51] | No it’s okay. come on. this isn’t about me. | 没事儿的 今天是你的大日子 |
[09:54] | This is your day. | 你才是主角 |
[09:56] | I’m so proud of you. you should be happy. | 我很为你骄傲 你应该高高兴兴的 |
[10:01] | I’m gonna go check on the kids. | 我去看看孩子们 |
[10:11] | So should we bury you in that dress? | 话说你是不是打算穿着这袍子进棺材啊 |
[10:21] | Listen… | 亲爱的 |
[10:23] | Debra I just want to say… | 黛布拉 我想说… |
[10:24] | No really Ray. it’s okay. | 不用 雷 没事儿的 |
[10:26] | You don’t have to apologize again. | 你不用一直道歉 |
[10:29] | Yeah but you’re supposed to thank your wife and… | 可是应该要感谢自己的妻子啊 |
[10:32] | And you are my wife right? | 你是我妻子 对吧 |
[10:35] | Yes I’m your wife. | 是的 我是你妻子 |
[10:37] | And I am a stupid stupid doctor. | 而我是个傻博士 |
[10:41] | No honey really. it really is okay. | 不是的 亲爱的 真没事儿 |
[10:43] | I wasn’t even going to say anything. | 我就没打算提这事儿 |
[10:45] | But you did say something. | 但是你还是提了 |
[10:46] | – no I didn’t. – to Amy. | -我没有 -你跟艾米说了 |
[10:48] | Yes to Amy because I thought | 是的 是跟艾米说 |
[10:50] | She wouldn’t say anything to you. | 因为我没想到她会跟你说什么 |
[10:52] | And now I have to kill her. | 而现在我得杀人灭口了 |
[10:54] | Okay see? it did bother you. | 你看 你是挺不高兴的 |
[10:57] | Don’t obsess about this. | 别老追着这个问题不放了 |
[10:58] | It was a great day I’m proud of you | 今天很好 我很为你骄傲 |
[11:01] | And we don’t need to talk about it anymore okay? | 这事儿过去就过去了 好吧 |
[11:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:06] | You’re right. it was just a fluke anyway right? | 你是对的 我反正也就是瞎猫撞上死耗子 对吧 |
[11:11] | – night. – night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[11:20] | You know what it is? | 你知道这是怎么回事么 |
[11:22] | I know why I did it. | 我知道我为什么没提你了 |
[11:24] | It’s because this was an award from college | 因为这是大学给的奖励 |
[11:27] | So I was thinking of all the people | 我就感谢了那些在我大学生涯 |
[11:28] | That helped me through college at that time. | 对我有帮助的人 只是到大学为止 |
[11:33] | I didn’t even know you then. | 那时我还不认识你呢 |
[11:38] | Where were all those people the other night | 可是当你躲在衣柜里 |
[11:40] | When you were hiding in your closet | 不敢去演讲的时候 |
[11:42] | Afraid to give your speech? | 那些人在哪儿呢 |
[11:44] | I wasn’t hiding. | 我没有躲 |
[11:46] | I was making my special magic. | 我在变魔术 |
[11:48] | You couldn’t have thanked those people | 如果不是我的鼓励 |
[11:51] | If I hadn’t given you the confidence to make your speech. | 你连上台感谢他们的勇气都没有 |
[11:53] | What confidence? I remember you making fun of me | 什么鼓励 我记得你嘲笑我来着 |
[11:56] | And giggling and “stohma-chah-chuh.” | 还笑我说把”胃疼”说成”胃冬” |
[11:58] | Yes but then I encouraged you | 可是然后我又鼓励你了啊 |
[12:00] | And you were able to get up | 所以你才鼓起勇气 |
[12:02] | In front of those people and give a great speech. | 在众人面前发表了那个精彩的演讲 |
[12:04] | You encouraged me but first you had to tear me down | 你是鼓励了我 可你在鼓励我前 |
[12:07] | So you could build me back up again. | 总是先把我贬得一文不值一无是处 |
[12:09] | – what? – that’s right. that’s what you do. | -什么? -就是的 你老是这样 |
[12:11] | And you are very careful that I do not come out smarter than you. | 而且每次都确保我不会比你聪明 |
[12:16] | I never really worry about that. | 我才不担心这码事呢 |
[12:21] | Okay all right. see? | 你看 你看 |
[12:23] | That’s tearing me down tearing me down. | 这就是在贬低我 贬低我 |
[12:25] | Maybe that’s why something in my head prevented me from thanking you. | 这就是为什么我潜意识里就不想感谢你 |
[12:30] | – oh my god. – what? | -天哪 -怎么 |
[12:32] | You did it on purpose? | 你故意不提我的 |
[12:34] | No no. no! | 不是的不是的 |
[12:37] | I said something in my head did it. | 我是说潜意识 |
[12:39] | Yeah something like you thinking it. | 那就是有意识的 故意的 |
[12:41] | No no! | 不 不 |
[12:43] | You’re not a stupid doctor you’re an evil doctor! | 你不是蠢博士 你是个恶魔博士 |
[12:46] | No I’m stupid. I’m a stupid man! you know that! | 不 我蠢 我是个白痴 我是个笨蛋 你知道的 |
[12:51] | I can’t believe you! | 你简直不可理喻 |
[12:53] | Debra it was something I did unconsciously. | 黛布拉 那是我无意识的时候做的事 |
[12:57] | Subconsciously. unconscious means you’re not awake. | 是下意识 无意识是指你失去知觉 |
[13:01] | You see I don’t know anything! | 你看 我连说都不会话了 |
[13:13] | No listen honey. I don’t want you to feel that way. | 亲爱的 我不想你那么觉得 |
[13:20] | I know you didn’t mean to leave me out. | 我知道你不是故意漏了我不提的 |
[13:24] | It’s just… | 可是 |
[13:27] | It bothers you. | 可是还是不开心 |
[13:28] | Yes it bothers me | 是的 |
[13:29] | But it bothers me that it bothers me. | 但是我不开心是因为我不愿意自己因为这个不开心 |
[13:32] | I don’t need you to say nice things | 我不需要你在别人面前 |
[13:34] | About me in public. | 说我好话 |
[13:36] | I just… I don’t know… | 我就是… 不知道 |
[13:40] | I want you to. | 可能我就需要 |
[13:43] | I don’t know I’m sorry. | 不知道 不知道 烦死了 |
[13:44] | You’re a very good doctor. I’m sorry. good night. | 你是个很好的博士 对不起 晚安 |
[13:58] | I’m glad you feel better. | 你感觉好些我也就放心了 |
[14:05] | Hey here she is. coffee? | 亲爱的来了 要咖啡么 |
[14:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:10] | What are you doing? | 你怎么突然对我这么好 |
[14:11] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[14:15] | Remember the other night? | 你记得那天晚上的事儿么 |
[14:18] | Read the paper. | 去看报纸去 |
[14:19] | – your column? – yes exactly… | -你的专栏? -是的 |
[14:21] | My column read my column. | 我的专栏 看我的专栏 |
[14:23] | You think ” players should stop dumping gatorade on their coaches’ heads. | 你认为队员应该别再往教练头上泼佳得乐 |
[14:27] | It’s wasteful and sticky.” | 既浪费又黏糊糊” |
[14:31] | Unless it’s a championship game then it’s okay… | 但是如果在总决赛上这样 那就没问题 |
[14:33] | Little lower. | 往下看 |
[14:35] | “i’m often asked by people who want to be sportswriters | “总有想当体育评论家的人问我 |
[14:38] | How did you get started?” | 你是怎么开始的” |
[14:40] | And I understand this question because of all the plum jobs | “我理解这个问题 因为在所有能开花结果的工作里 |
[14:43] | I’ve got the plummest.” | 我的工作是最硕果累累的” |
[14:46] | No there’s more there’s more. | 还有呢 还有呢 |
[14:49] | I think I’ll finish it when the coffee kicks in. | 等我喝点咖啡 清醒点再继续看吧 |
[14:51] | – but it seems really good. – no… | -不过看起来这文章不错 -不是要你看这个 |
[14:56] | “and it’s a fair question to ask me | “这个问题问得很好 |
[14:58] | Because I am after all mostly qualified | 因为我其实也就够格 |
[15:01] | To do something like deliver futons. | 做搬搬床垫之类的工作 |
[15:04] | So how did I get here? | 那么我是怎么达到今天的位置的呢 |
[15:07] | You see there was this futon-delivery guy | 从前 有个床垫搬运工 |
[15:09] | And he met a beautiful woman.” | 他遇到了一个大美女” |
[15:12] | Oh now you’re listening. | 现在你感兴趣了哈 |
[15:16] | “and even though she was way out of his league | “尽管对于他来说她像天鹅一样遥不可及” |
[15:18] | For some unknown reason she smiled at him. | 但不知道为什么 她对他笑了 |
[15:21] | Eventually and even more amazingly | 更令人惊讶的是 |
[15:24] | She married him. | 她最后还嫁给他了 |
[15:26] | And it turns out that when one of your dreams comes true | 而当你的一个梦想成真的时候 |
[15:29] | You begin to take the others a little more seriously. | 你会开始相信你其他的梦想也不只是梦想 |
[15:32] | So even though I’m as amazed as anybody | 所以我尽管我和大家一样觉得很不可思议 |
[15:36] | That I have any success at all | 可我最终还是成功了 |
[15:38] | I’m pretty sure it all started with my wife Debra’s smile.” | 而这些成功都来源于我亲爱的老婆黛布拉的笑容 |
[15:46] | I wrote that. | 我写的喔 |
[15:52] | That is the sweetest thing. | 写得真是太好了 |
[15:56] | Not too sappy? | 不会太肉麻吧 |
[15:58] | It’s way too sappy. | 肉麻得不行了 |
[16:03] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[16:08] | Hi ma. | 嗨 妈 |
[16:09] | Marie. Frank. | 玛丽 弗兰克 |
[16:12] | See your son’s column this morning? | 今早看了你儿子的专栏么 |
[16:14] | Yes we did. | 我们看了 |
[16:15] | We thought it was wonderful didn’t we Frank? | 我们都觉得很棒 是吧 弗兰克 |
[16:18] | Then why did you drag me over here? | 那你把我拖到这儿来干嘛 |
[16:22] | I thought it was a marvelous piece | 我觉得这篇文章简直太棒了 |
[16:24] | Full of gratitude and feelings | 充满了感情和感恩之心 |
[16:27] | That were so overwhelming | 这份感情是如此的热烈 |
[16:28] | That it needed to be expressed in writing. | 以至于要白纸黑字的 |
[16:31] | In the newspaper. | 发表在报纸上 |
[16:34] | Ma I thanked you at the graduation. | 妈妈 我在毕业典礼上感谢你了啊 |
[16:37] | Yes you made some vague reference to some “mother” | 是啊是啊 在小破草坪上 当着几人的面 |
[16:42] | In front of a few people on a lawn. | 小小的随便提及了你的老妈一下 |
[16:46] | What? | 什么呀 |
[16:48] | You never mentioned my name. | 你都没提我的名字 |
[16:50] | It was quite frankly rather perfunctory. | 就是随便提及了一下老妈子 |
[16:53] | Oh come on. | 怎么会 |
[16:55] | Yet Debra’s magical smile | 而黛布拉的神奇的微笑 |
[16:57] | Gets all the credit in front of… | 得到了你在众人面前的赞扬 |
[17:00] | What’s the circulation of the paper? | 这个报纸的销量有多少来着 |
[17:02] | – oh it doesn’t matter. – 850 000. | -这无关紧要啊 -八十五万 |
[17:12] | 850 000. | 八十五万 |
[17:16] | What about my smile Raymond? | 那我的微笑呢 啊? 雷蒙德 |
[17:19] | What about my smile? | 我的微笑怎么不说 |
[17:21] | And I like it when they dump the gatorade on the coach’s head. | 我喜欢你写的往教练头上倒佳得乐那段 |
[17:26] | That’s funny. | 太搞笑了 |
[17:29] | Did you see the paper? | 你们看了报纸了么 |
[17:30] | Yes she saw. hundreds of thousands saw. | 我们看了 成千上万的人看到了 |
[17:33] | Isn’t it great? | 多好啊 |
[17:35] | Ray that was so nice. | 雷 写得太好了 |
[17:37] | See Deb maybe it wasn’t such a big mistake to bring it up. | 看看 黛布 把你的想法告诉他是个好主意吧 |
[17:41] | Thank you Amy. | 谢谢你 艾米 |
[17:48] | Go ahead robert. | 罗伯特 说啊 |
[17:50] | Uh Raymond your success is your success and not my failure. | 雷蒙德 你的成功只是你的成功 并不代表我就是失败的 |
[17:59] | And so as any good brother should be | 所以呢 就像所有当哥哥的 |
[18:02] | I am happy for you. | 我为你由衷的高兴 |
[18:07] | Both my sons are whipped! | 我两个儿子都是妻管严 |
[18:10] | However Raymond | 但是 雷蒙德 |
[18:12] | If anybody should get credit for your success | 要说你成功的功臣 |
[18:14] | It should be me. | 我应该算第一 |
[18:16] | – Robert! – that’s right! admit it! | -罗伯特! -承认吧你 |
[18:18] | You owe your success to the pathological desire | 你成功就是因为你病态地跟我攀比 |
[18:21] | You’ve always had to be better than me! | 你什么都要比我强 |
[18:23] | What? | 什么 |
[18:24] | That’s right. remember in school? | 就是这样 记得上学的时候么 |
[18:26] | I was the writer on the paper. | 我是报纸的记者 |
[18:28] | Before you even knew how to pick up a pencil | 那时候你连铅笔都不会拿 |
[18:30] | I had my own column… | 我已经有自己的专栏了 |
[18:32] | “the view from up here.” | “一览众山小” |
[18:38] | You’ve gotta be kidding me! | 你是在开玩笑吧 |
[18:41] | It makes as much sense | 这和你老婆的假笑 |
[18:43] | – as a fake smile. – what? | -一回事儿 -你说什么 |
[18:45] | Oh… you don’t whiten your teeth? | 你不是漂白了你的牙齿么 |
[18:49] | All you did was teach him piano. | 你做的不过是教他弹钢琴 |
[18:51] | If it was up to you ray’ have a job | 如果他的事业由你引导下去的话 |
[18:53] | Playing “love story” next to a perfume counter. | 他最后也就能在商场香水柜台旁边弹弹口水歌 |
[18:59] | You all had your chance with Ray | 你们都对雷的成长起到了作用 |
[19:01] | And you got him as far as “futon guy.” | 但是也仅止于让他成了个送货的 |
[19:03] | Maybe I took him the rest of the way. | 可能把他引向了最后的成功的人是我 |
[19:05] | That is absurd! | 一派胡言 |
[19:06] | You can take credit for the boy. | 你们对他的少年时代产生影响 |
[19:08] | I’ll take credit for the man. | 而我使他成为一个男人 |
[19:09] | You can have credit for the man. | 那你就当他成为男人的功臣吧 |
[19:11] | Who the hell would want that? | 谁稀罕啊 |
[19:12] | I just want credit for the career. | 我只要当他事业的功臣 |
[19:16] | So you just cast aside the mother. | 你们都不管老妈的功劳了 |
[19:19] | Let me tell you… it didn’t start with a smile. | 我跟你说 这些都不是由一个微笑开始的 |
[19:23] | It started with 19 hours of horrible labor. | 是由他老妈19个小时辛辛苦苦的分娩开始 |
[19:30] | But before that there was a smile. | 但是没有一个微笑开始 又怎么会有我们的播种过程呢 |
[19:43] | Also horrible. | 那个过程也很辛苦 |
[19:47] | I want my credit. I deserve it! | 我功劳才最大 我应该得到肯定 |
[19:50] | Did you see the newspaper today? | 你看了今天的报纸么 |
[19:52] | – oh it’s a terrible newspaper. – hey listen… | -那破报纸糟透了 -你给我听着 |
[19:56] | All right stop it. | 好了好了不要吵了 |
[19:57] | Stop it! stop it! | 全都给我闭嘴 |
[19:59] | Nothing’s ever enough for anybody in this house! | 怎样都没法让你们每个人都满意 |
[20:02] | What do you want? you want… | 你们到底想要什么 你们要 |
[20:04] | Okay here it is. you ready? | 不就是… |
[20:06] | Everybody? | 大家都听好了 |
[20:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:13] | Thank you Robert. | 谢谢你 罗伯特 |
[20:15] | I owe my career to you. | 我的事业都是因你而起 |
[20:17] | That column you did in grammar school | 要不是你在语文课上写的 |
[20:19] | About noogies versus wedgies | 关于”毛栗子”和”拉内裤”大比拼的专栏 |
[20:21] | That’s the reason that I go to work every day. | 我也不会选择今天的职业 |
[20:26] | And Amy I don’t know what I did | 艾米 我也不知道我干什么坏事了 |
[20:28] | Before you came into this family | 遭报应把你招我们家 |
[20:30] | To point out my mistakes but thank you! | 成天对我指指点点的 但是还是谢谢你 |
[20:34] | And dad! | 还有老爸 |
[20:35] | There’s something I always wanted to say to you. | 我一直想跟你说 |
[20:38] | I’ve never said it before but I’m gonna say it right now! | 虽然我从来没说过 但今天我一定要说 |
[20:41] | You are the mole on the backside of my success. | 你就是我事业上那颗最重要的痦子 |
[20:59] | Sweet mama. | 亲爱的老妈 |
[21:04] | Without your pushing | 你要是不使劲 |
[21:06] | I would still be in your womb. | 我就呆在你温暖的子宫里不出来了 |
[21:19] | And you wife… | 还有你 老婆 |
[21:22] | Without you | 要不是你 |
[21:24] | I’ have nothing but “heart-acha-chuh.” | 我永远会把头疼念成”头冬” |
[21:39] | He thanked me first. | 他第一个谢的是我 |
[21:42] | He saved me for last. | 他把我保留到最后 |
[21:45] | He said the most meaningful things about me. | 他对我的肯定最有意义 |
[21:49] | Why was he so fruity? | 他今天怎么这么玻璃? |