时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Hey. ma. so where were you all weekend? | 妈 你们整个周末都去哪儿了? |
[00:08] | You remember our dear old friends. the Santorellis? | 记得我们的老朋友圣罗琳一家么 |
[00:11] | She wore all that makeup | 女的化浓妆 |
[00:13] | And he had that bad toupee. | 男的戴个破假发 |
[00:15] | Yes. your dear friends. | 你亲爱的朋友们 |
[00:19] | They bought a condominium in new jersey. | 他们在新泽西的养老院买了房 |
[00:21] | The garden state villas. | 在”花园洋房”小区 |
[00:23] | And Claudia invited us down. | 克罗地亚 请我们去玩 |
[00:25] | Ah. yeah. that’s nice. ma. | 啊 真好啊 妈 |
[00:27] | You can tell raymond all about it. bye now. | 您跟雷蒙德慢慢说 我走了 |
[00:29] | No no no. come on. l want you to sit down. | 别 我想让你坐下 |
[00:32] | We want to have a talk with all of you. | 我们要谈谈 所有人一起 |
[00:37] | Last time we had a sitdown talk. | 上次我们坐下来谈谈 |
[00:39] | You told us you were giving our dog away. | 你跟我们说要把我们的狗送人 |
[00:44] | You gave my doggie away!” | 你把我的狗狗送人了 |
[00:51] | Robert. now stop it this instant. | 罗伯特 别这样了 |
[00:54] | – okay. so we had a wonderful time. – no dogs there. | -我们在那儿玩的很开心 -那里没有狗 |
[00:58] | Frank! | 弗兰克 |
[01:01] | And the condo was just beautiful. | 那房子真是美极了 |
[01:05] | And the food was especially good. | 还有食物也超好吃的 |
[01:08] | Yeah. l had a steak so big | 我吃了一个超大的牛排 |
[01:10] | L almost couldn’t finish it. | 差点吃不了 |
[01:12] | And then l did. | 不过还是吃完了 |
[01:15] | Great. see. that’s why you guys should have a video camera. | 很好 看 这就是为什么你们应该买个摄像机 |
[01:18] | Hey! your mother’s talking. no tv now. | 嘿 你妈在说话 不许看电视 |
[01:29] | So on the drive home | 所以在开车回来的路上 |
[01:31] | We started talking | 我们聊了聊 |
[01:33] | And. well. we– | 然后 我们 |
[01:38] | What is it. marie? | 到底什么事 玛丽 |
[01:44] | We want to move there. | 我们想搬到那里去 |
[02:08] | What do you mean. | 搬走是 |
[02:10] | Move there? | 什么意思 |
[02:14] | We’re just thinking about it. | 我们只是在考虑 |
[02:16] | I want to live there. | 我想住在那里 |
[02:20] | What do you mean. | 住在那里 |
[02:22] | Live there? | 是什么意思 |
[02:27] | Marie. this place is so great. | 玛丽 这里这么好 |
[02:29] | You’d really consider moving all the way to new jersey? | 你为什么想大老远搬到新泽西去 |
[02:32] | We’re just thinking about it. | 我们只是在考虑 |
[02:36] | But l have to say that everyone there seemed | 不过 那里的人看来都很 |
[02:38] | So active. ’cause usually | 活跃 因为通常来说 |
[02:41] | When you think about a retirement community. | 当你想到退休社区 |
[02:43] | It’s depressing. | 都是很压抑的 |
[02:45] | Yes. l generally don’t care for the elderly. | 是的 我通常对老人都不感冒 |
[02:57] | But their days are so full. | 但是他们生活充实 |
[02:59] | They’ve got golf and a health spa | 他们可以打高尔夫 做水疗 |
[03:02] | And theme nights. | 还有主题之夜 |
[03:05] | Meanwhile. frank and l. we had a good time. | 同时 弗兰克和我玩得很开心 |
[03:09] | I haven’t had that much fun | 从没和老爸 |
[03:11] | With your father in a long time. | 在一起这么开心 |
[03:21] | We laughed… | 我们笑啊 |
[03:23] | And we took walks… | 散步啊 |
[03:25] | And we held hands. | 手牵手 |
[03:38] | Dad? | 爸? |
[03:40] | They got cheap booze there. | 那里酒水低廉 |
[03:44] | No. what this weekend made me realize | 不 这个周末让我意识到 |
[03:47] | Is that ally is old enough to babysit. | 爱丽长大了不再需要保姆照看 |
[03:50] | And robert. l finally got you married off. | 还有罗伯特 终于帮你讨了媳妇 |
[03:55] | And debra. | 还有黛布拉 |
[03:57] | I’ve taught you all l can. | 我也尽我能力教你了 |
[04:05] | But at the community– that’s what they call it– | 但是在这个社区 他们是这样称呼的 |
[04:09] | There are so many other women there just like me. | 有很多和我一样的女人 |
[04:12] | I know that sounds chilling. but it wasn’t so bad. | 我知道听起来很冷 但是没那么糟 |
[04:22] | And Claudia took us | 克罗地亚带我们去 |
[04:24] | To the rehearsal space for the drama club | 戏曲俱乐部的排练室 |
[04:27] | And she started to go on and on | 就开始不停地说 |
[04:29] | About what a lovely singing voice | 我有一个甜美的声音 |
[04:31] | I had in church choir. | 我在教堂唱诗班唱过 |
[04:33] | It was embarrassing. | 有点不好意思 |
[04:37] | And then she said | 然后她说 |
[04:39] | That she thought l would be perfect– | 她说我很完美 |
[04:41] | Perfect to play the lead in the fall production | 是丰收节歌剧”琼楼飞燕”(原1964年著名歌舞剧) |
[04:46] | Of “the unsinkable molly brown.” | 的完美主角 |
[04:52] | Might have to change the title. | 最好改改名字 |
[04:57] | So you want to move away? | 那么你们想搬走? |
[04:59] | But wouldn’t you miss… | 难道你们不会想念 |
[05:02] | Raymond? | 雷蒙德? |
[05:05] | I’m not saying this would be easy. | 我承认很难不想他 |
[05:09] | But everyone said | 但是每个人都说 |
[05:12] | That their relationship with their children | 他们的和儿女子孙的关系 |
[05:15] | And their grandchildren has never been better. | 从没像现在这样和谐 |
[05:23] | I can’t breathe. | 你让我透不过气 |
[05:27] | Nothing is set. honey. | 还没敲定 甜心 |
[05:29] | That’s why we wanted to talk it over. | 所以我们想一起商量 |
[05:31] | And it wouldn’t be like we wouldn’t see you. | 又不会永不再见 |
[05:33] | We’re only 85 minutes away. | 不过是相隔85分钟的路程 |
[05:35] | Speaking of that. l haven’t eaten for 85 minutes. | 说起来 我还没吃过85分钟的东西 |
[05:40] | I’ll get you something. frank. | 给你拿点吃的 弗兰克 |
[05:43] | Wait. l’ll help you. | 等等 我来帮你 |
[05:54] | – wow. – yeah. | -哇 -是啊 |
[05:56] | Wow. | 哇 |
[06:02] | – wow! – wowie wowie wowie wowie wow! | -哇 -哇哇哇 |
[06:07] | 85 minutes! 85 minutes! | 85分钟 85分钟 |
[06:10] | I know. 85 minutes! | 我知道 85分钟 |
[06:13] | It’s my new favorite number. | 是我的幸运数字 |
[06:15] | Wait. it could even be more if you count traffic. | 等等 要是算上堵车可能还要久 |
[06:18] | Traffic? we have never had traffic between us. | 堵车? 从对面到这从没有交通问题 |
[06:20] | Traffic! ooh. | 交通 哇 |
[06:23] | Although it would be weird. | 尽管有些奇怪 |
[06:26] | I mean. they’ve always been right across the street. | 我是说 他们总是在对面的 |
[06:28] | I can’t imagine them not being there. | 不敢想象他们不在那 |
[06:30] | – actually. l can. – me too. | -实际上我能想象 -我也是 |
[06:35] | Shake it. shake it. shake it. shake it. | 摇 摇 摇 |
[06:38] | Wait a minute. you’re actually thinking | 等下 你们真的想好 |
[06:40] | About giving up a house that you’ve lived in for almost 50 years? | 要离开你们住了50年的屋子吗 |
[06:43] | You’re sure you don’t want to try to just. you know. | 你确实不想试试 你知道 |
[06:46] | Finish things up here? | 在这里结束一生 |
[06:55] | Actually. we– we discussed | 实际上 我们也讨论了 |
[06:58] | What to do with the house too. | 如何处置房子 |
[07:00] | – didn’t we. frank? – yep. | -是吗 弗兰克 -是的 |
[07:03] | If we do move. robert. | 假如我们搬走 罗伯特 |
[07:06] | We want you and amy to take the house. | 我们希望你和艾米接手房子 |
[07:13] | What? | 什么 |
[07:15] | Hey. take it easy. we wouldn’t just give it away. | 嘿 冷静点 我们不会就这样白给的 |
[07:18] | We’d sell it to you. | 我们是卖给你 |
[07:22] | We’d sell it for the price that we paid– | 买价多少就卖你们多少 |
[07:25] | $26.000. | 2.6万美金 |
[07:35] | That is an amazing offer. | 这个请求很妙 |
[07:39] | Yes. it– it sure is. | 是的 确实是的 |
[07:41] | But as much as l love that house. | 但是和我们爱这个房子一样多 |
[07:44] | You know. l wouldn’t want it if it means you guys leaving. | 你知道 要是这意味你们要走的话我们不想要这房子 |
[07:48] | He’s right. | 他说的对 |
[07:49] | I wouldn’t want it that way. | 我不想这样得到房子 |
[07:54] | You know what? l think l need a drink or something. | 你知道吗 我需要喝点水 |
[07:57] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[08:02] | Get me something too. | 也给我来点 |
[08:04] | And where’s my snack? | 还有我的零食在哪? |
[08:22] | We’re comforting each other. | 我们在互相安慰 |
[08:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:30] | This is something. huh? | 搞什么鬼 嗯 |
[08:32] | Yeah. something. | 是的 有点 |
[08:34] | Some thing. | 有点 |
[08:42] | It’s unbelievable! | 不敢相信 |
[08:52] | This is amazing! | 太妙了 |
[08:57] | Take it easy. they’re right in there. | 冷静 他们还在那 |
[09:00] | I’m a little excited. l’m a little excited. | 我有点小兴奋 小兴奋 |
[09:02] | I’m just a little excited. | 我只是有点小兴奋 |
[09:04] | Wait wait wait. | 等等 等等 |
[09:07] | Wait till you hear the best part. | 听听最棒的部分 |
[09:11] | – we get the house. – what? | -我们得到了房子 -什么 |
[09:13] | – our own house! – you get the house? | -我们自己的房子 -你们得了房子? |
[09:16] | We get the house. $26.000. | 我们得到了房子 价值2.6万美金 |
[09:18] | Wh-wh-why do you get that? | 为…为什么你们得了房子 |
[09:22] | – what do you care. ray? – $26.000. | -你到底在乎什么 雷 -2.6万美金 |
[09:24] | 85 minutes. | 85分钟路程 |
[09:26] | Yeah. you’re right! | 是啊 你是对的 |
[09:50] | The kids seem pretty shaken up. | 孩子们真是太沮丧了 |
[10:01] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:03] | I feel bad. | 我感觉很糟 |
[10:05] | How are we gonna break it to them | 我们怎么能让他们知道 |
[10:07] | That we already signed the lease? | 我们已经签了合约 |
[10:11] | I don’t want it to feel like we’re | 我不想让他们感觉我们 |
[10:14] | Running out on them. | 抛弃了他们 |
[10:16] | I mean. they should tell us to go. | 我是说 他们应该叫我们走 |
[10:18] | It should come from them. | 应该由他们说 |
[10:20] | How are you gonna get them to do that? | 你怎么让他们说呢 |
[10:22] | Well. just let me do the talking. | 就让我来开口 |
[10:27] | That should make them want us to go. | 就能让他们想我们离开了 |
[10:33] | Oh. you. | 哦 你 |
[10:36] | It’s exciting. isn’t it. chi-chi? | 很兴奋 不是吗 小甜甜 |
[10:51] | Oh. boy. | 哦 孩子 |
[11:03] | It’s– it’s not easy to think about. | 这很难想象 |
[11:05] | – you got that right. – mmm. | -你说对了 -嗯 |
[11:09] | It is a painful time. | 很痛苦的时刻 |
[11:17] | We really enjoyed this weekend. | 这个周末让我们比其他任何 |
[11:19] | More than we have in a long time. | 时候都要享受 |
[11:24] | Maybe it’s not the right time | 或许不该在此刻 |
[11:26] | To make such a big change. | 做出如此重大的改变 |
[11:37] | You know. mom… | 你知道 妈 |
[11:40] | There’s nothing wrong with you | 你也该做一次 |
[11:42] | Doing something for yourself | 自己想做的事了 |
[11:44] | Once in a while. | 这没错 |
[11:46] | Yes. you are always | 是的 你们总 |
[11:49] | Thinking of everyone else. | 为他人着想 |
[11:52] | You give. give. and then you give some more. | 总是在付出 付出得更多 |
[11:57] | Yes. and you too. frank. | 是 你也是 弗兰克 |
[12:09] | It has always been about others. | 确实总关心他人 |
[12:16] | So what do you think. marie? | 你怎么想 玛丽 |
[12:26] | Okay. let’s do it. | 好 我们就这么做 |
[12:28] | Great! | 太棒了 |
[12:47] | How great is it that my parents are | 太棒了 我爸妈搬到 |
[12:50] | Moving into a furnished place? | 带家私的屋子 |
[12:58] | You know what else is great? | 还知道什么很棒吗 |
[13:00] | A yard sale. | 卖旧货 |
[13:03] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[13:05] | Aw. look. honey. our neighbors have stopped by. | 喔 看 甜心 我们的邻居到访 |
[13:10] | – howdy. neighbor. – howdy. neighbor | -你好 邻居 -你好 邻居 |
[13:14] | – yeah. – wow. look at this place. | -是的 -哇 看看这里 |
[13:18] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:21] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[13:22] | Yeah. l guess it’s– it’s– | 是的 我想是 |
[13:25] | It’s all just hitting me. | 受到打击了 |
[13:27] | It’s really happening. huh? | 没想到真的实现了 |
[13:29] | Oh. yeah. no kidding it’s happening. | 是的 一点不开玩笑 |
[13:31] | I got some party hats and noisemakers. | 我找到了派对礼帽和小喇叭 |
[13:34] | See that? | 看到吗 |
[13:35] | Got the champagne in the fridge. | 在冰箱找到香槟 |
[13:37] | Buh-buh-buh– my chair! | 慢慢慢 我的椅子 |
[13:46] | What’s with you? | 你怎么了 |
[13:48] | I just haven’t been over here since they packed. | 他们收拾行李的时候我不在这 |
[13:52] | Weird. isn’t it? | 怪怪的 不是吗 |
[13:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:56] | Closing day at the mental institution. | 精神病院歇业 |
[14:02] | Yep. final clearance– all crazies must go. | 是的 最后大扫除 疯玩意要扔 |
[14:07] | – come on. come on. – what? | -拜托 拜托 -怎么 |
[14:10] | It’s just that now that it’s actually happening. | 现在一切成真了 |
[14:13] | I feel… | 我感到 |
[14:17] | …like ruining everything? | 想毁掉一切? |
[14:22] | Sad. | 难过 |
[14:26] | I’m gonna miss them. | 我会想他们的 |
[14:28] | They’re my family. | 都是一家人 |
[14:31] | Oh. well. of course. we all feel that. | 哦 是啊 我们当然这么觉得 |
[14:34] | – yeah. sure. – no. of course. they’re like family. | -是的 当然 -不是 当然 他们像家人 |
[14:43] | It’s– you know– l mean. | 就是 你知道 我是说 |
[14:45] | I’ve spent more time with them | 我比你们在过去10年和他们 |
[14:47] | Than anyone over the last 10 years. | 待一起的时间更多 |
[14:49] | Ray. you go to work every day. | 雷 你每天上班 |
[14:51] | And you guys see them a couple times a week. | 你们一周见一次 |
[14:53] | I’ve been with them every day– morning. noon. and night. | 我们从早到晚都在一起 |
[14:56] | That’s why you should be dancing around naked in a fountain. | 所以你应该光着身子在喷泉里跳舞庆祝 |
[15:06] | I know. l know. lt’s just– | 我知道 我知道 只是 |
[15:09] | It’s just all happening so quick. you know? | 只是一切来得太突然 你知道 |
[15:11] | Lt’s like. boom! ‘see ya. bye.” | 就像是 嘭的一下就说再见 |
[15:14] | Oh. gosh. | 哦 天哪 |
[15:16] | Ugh. l don’t know. | 嗯 我不知道 |
[15:17] | I’m always looking for | 我一直都 |
[15:19] | The worst in marie. and… | 在挑玛丽毛病 |
[15:22] | I just shouldn’t. | 太不该了 |
[15:25] | Oh! | 哦 |
[15:28] | Oh. wait wait. | 等等 |
[15:30] | Deb. is this your… | 黛布 是你的 |
[15:34] | You know. ladies’ time? | 女性周期吗 |
[15:36] | No. ray. that’s not it. | 不是 雷 不是 |
[15:39] | All right. okay. | 好了 |
[15:42] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[15:44] | – but it’s coming soon. right? – no. ray. | -但是马上要来了 是吗 -不 雷 |
[15:47] | Sorry sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:49] | Ladies’ time. | 女性周期 |
[15:55] | No. deb. l see what you’re saying. | 不 黛布 我了解你的心情 |
[15:58] | No. you don’t. lt’s one thing to be sad. okay? | 不 你不了解 只有一件伤心事 |
[16:01] | I’m all for sad– after they’re gone | 我很伤心 在他们走之后 |
[16:04] | And after the party. all right? | 在派对之后 是吗 |
[16:08] | I’m sorry. debra. but my mom is | 抱歉 黛布 我妈 |
[16:10] | In a very emotional state right now. | 现在正情绪化 |
[16:12] | And your sudden insanity just might make her stay. | 你突然疯了会让她留下的 |
[16:15] | I bought this house fair and square– | 我堂堂正正的花了2.6万美金 |
[16:17] | $26.000 for a house! | 买了这房子 |
[16:22] | I’m just having feelings. | 我只是有点想法 |
[16:25] | Well. we all have those. | 我们都有 |
[16:28] | But there’s a time to express them | 有时间让你流露的 |
[16:30] | And a time to just keep that crap inside. | 此刻保存这些废物在心里吧 |
[16:39] | Look. it’s just l always thought | 听着 这就是我常常想的 |
[16:42] | That marie and l would one day learn | 玛丽和我有一天 |
[16:43] | To. you know. get along. | 学会共处 |
[16:46] | I cannot just let her leave and say nothing. | 我不能让她就这么走了 |
[16:49] | Get her. | 拿住她 |
[16:51] | – stay where you are. – get out of my way. robert. | -不许动 -别挡路 罗伯特 |
[16:53] | All right. | 好吧 |
[16:55] | Well. l guess that’s everything. | 好的 一切就绪 |
[16:58] | Marie. l want to say something. | 玛丽 我要说 |
[17:00] | Goodbye. we love you. | 再见 我们爱你 |
[17:03] | I guess it’s time to go. | 我想该上路了 |
[17:05] | Yeah yeah. is it 4:00 already? | 是的 已经4点了 |
[17:07] | Remember the traffic. dad. huh? | 记得路程吗 老爸 |
[17:08] | Holy crap. marie. let’s hit it. | 哇靠 玛丽 快走 |
[17:12] | Marie. l have some unresolved feelings. | 玛丽 我心有不解之结 |
[17:15] | Ow! | 哦 |
[17:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:20] | I know l should have said this years ago. but… | 我知道早在几年前就该说了 但是 |
[17:22] | We kind of– no. we have | 我们有点 不是 我们 |
[17:27] | Butted heads a lot over the years and… | 这些年有些摩擦 |
[17:31] | We’ve said some unfortunate things | 和对方说了 |
[17:35] | To each other and about each other. | 一些关于对方的不好听的话 |
[17:38] | And l guess we’ve just decided | 我想我们已经知道 |
[17:41] | That that’s how it is. | 那是怎样的了 |
[17:44] | But l know that you and l are not okay | 但我知道这样的 |
[17:48] | With the way things are between us. | 关系并不使人满意 |
[17:52] | You know. when you told me that you were moving. | 你知道 但你告诉我要搬走 |
[17:54] | I was happy. because it meant l wouldn’t have to deal | 时我很高兴 因为这样就不必再 |
[17:57] | With all the fighting and the tension. | 和你闹矛盾了 |
[18:00] | But l don’t like feeling that way. | 但我不愿这样想 |
[18:03] | I feel like we’re just giving up. | 我觉得我们都放弃了 |
[18:05] | And l don’t want to do that. l don’t. | 我不想这么做 不想 |
[18:08] | I… | 我 |
[18:10] | I think that there could be | 我想我们之间 |
[18:14] | So much more for us. | 应该处得更好 |
[18:16] | And l’m sorry that we haven’t gotten there yet. | 很遗憾没到那一步 |
[18:19] | But l think that we can. | 但我觉得我们可以 |
[18:24] | Oh. debra… | 哦 黛布 |
[18:27] | Do you know what your problem is? | 你知道你有什么毛病吗 |
[18:36] | You’re always so dramatic. | 你太小题大做了 |
[18:41] | I’m fine with the way we are. | 我对我们的关系感觉很好 |
[18:46] | – have a great trip. – aw… | -旅途愉快 -哦 |
[18:48] | Thank you. dear. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[18:50] | Tick-tock. marie. | 赶快 玛丽 |
[18:52] | Oh. marie. l’ll miss you. | 哦 玛丽 我会想你的 |
[18:54] | Oh. and l’ll miss you too. | 哦 我也会想你的 |
[18:56] | Oh. robbie. robbie. | 哦 罗比 罗比 |
[18:59] | Oh. you’re such a good boy. | 哦 你真是个好孩子 |
[19:03] | I know the house will be in fine hands | 我知道你们俩住 |
[19:05] | With you two living in it. | 这房子会好的 |
[19:08] | Thanks. ma. and l just wanna say– | 谢谢 妈 我想说 |
[19:10] | Raymond! | 雷蒙德 |
[19:18] | It’s okay. lt’s okay. | 好了 好了 |
[19:20] | Yeah. marie. let’s get to the retirement village | 玛丽 快点趁我们还年轻 |
[19:22] | While we’re still young. | 去退休小村啦 |
[19:25] | All right. all right. | 好了 好了 |
[19:30] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[19:33] | I’ll miss you all. | 我会想大家的 |
[19:35] | And there’s some nice fruit in the refrigerator. | 冰箱里有好吃的水果 |
[19:38] | We always have too much fruit in this house. | 我们总贮备很多水果 |
[19:43] | We’ll call you when we get there. | 到了给你们电话 |
[19:46] | Wait wait. | 等等 |
[19:52] | We should throw you. like. | 我们应该来个 |
[19:55] | A going-away party. you know? | 欢送派对 |
[19:59] | Here. see? | 看到吗 |
[20:01] | It’s like a party. | 就像个派对 |
[20:03] | Hey. you’re coming out next weekend. | 下周再来 |
[20:06] | Ray’s right. | 雷说对了 |
[20:09] | Wouldn’t it be nice to mark the occasion? | 这样记住这一刻不好吗 |
[20:11] | Yeah. dad. don’t you want to say a real goodbye? | 是的 老爸 你不想道别吗 |
[20:15] | Aw. come on. we’re not going to the cemetery. | 拜托 又不是去公墓 |
[20:19] | Just jersey. | 不过是新泽西 |
[20:36] | What is it. frank? | 怎么 弗兰克 |
[20:38] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[20:41] | I’m trying to figure out if l should pee first. | 我在想要不要先上个厕所 |
[20:50] | Aw. what the hell? l’ll make it interesting. | 该死的怎么回事 我会让这事变有趣的 |
[21:03] | You wanna sit down? | 想坐下吗 |