时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Francis refused my request to let me court you. | 弗朗西斯拒绝了我追求你的请求 |
[00:04] | I am going to marry you. And I am prepared to wait. | 我要和你结婚 而我准备等 |
[00:09] | I am dying. I’ve already sent for my brother. | 我要死了 我已经派人去召回我弟弟了 |
[00:11] | He doesn’t know that he’ll be king soon enough. | 他不知道他马上就要成为国王了 |
[00:13] | Charles. Welcome back, little brother. | 查尔斯 欢迎回来 弟弟 |
[00:17] | Let me hold you in my arms, Elizabeth. | 让我拥你入怀 伊丽莎白 |
[00:19] | Or let me leave court. | 或是让我离开宫廷 |
[00:20] | I can’t. | 我办不到 |
[00:21] | I need you near. | 我需要你常伴左右 |
[00:22] | Elizabeth’s real war is with me. | 伊丽莎白真正想针对的是我 |
[00:24] | Perhaps her advisors have realized this and are pressuring her. | 也许她的大臣已意识到这点正对她施压 |
[00:27] | Are you suggesting there’s a way to turn the pope against Mary? | 你在暗示有办法让教皇反对玛丽吗 |
[00:30] | She’ll be disgraced. Forced off her throne. | 她会蒙羞 被要求退位 |
[00:33] | Catherine wants to destroy me and if she can’t, | 凯瑟琳想毁了我 如果她做不到 |
[00:35] | she’ll help Elizabeth destroy my nation. | 她就会帮伊丽莎白摧毁我的国家 |
[00:36] | Clearly, we should have taken your head | 你上次背叛你儿子的时候 |
[00:38] | the last time you betrayed your son. | 我们就该砍下你的头 |
[00:52] | Take your hands off of me! How dare you? | 放手 你们好大的胆子 |
[00:54] | All prisoners are to be relieved of their personal effects. | 所有囚犯都得交出个人所有物 |
[00:57] | Do prisoners have the right to know how long | 囚犯有权知道他们必须忍受 |
[01:00] | they’re forced to suffer the sight of these four vile walls | 这四面脏墙和你这张自鸣得意 |
[01:03] | and your smug, weaselly face? | 狡猾的脸多长时间吗 |
[01:08] | I want to see my son. | 我想见我儿子 |
[01:09] | I am the King of France’s mother. | 我是法国国王的母亲 |
[01:12] | And he is the one who put you here. | 是他把你关在这里的 |
[01:14] | We know who you are, Queen Mother. | 我们知道你是谁 太后 |
[01:16] | But you can hold your breath. | 但你可以闭嘴了 |
[01:17] | For this is the one place | 因为在这里 |
[01:19] | it does not matter. | 那不重要 |
[01:31] | God help me. | 上帝救救我 |
[01:38] | There’s only one way we can be sure | 只有一种方法能让我们确定 |
[01:39] | that Catherine won’t betray us again. | 凯瑟琳再也不会背叛我们了 |
[01:41] | I can’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[01:42] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[01:43] | Her crimes are treasonous. | 她犯下的是叛国罪 |
[01:45] | I will not condemn my mother to death. | 我不会判处我母亲死刑 |
[01:48] | Especially not as my last act as king. | 我当国王所做的最后一件事不能是这个 |
[01:52] | The illness has progressed | 病情加重了 |
[01:53] | and it’s becoming more difficult to hide. | 更加难以掩盖 |
[01:55] | I refuse to give up hope. | 我不会放弃希望的 |
[01:58] | I know this is difficult. | 我知道这很艰难 |
[02:01] | It’s more than difficult. | 不只是艰难而已 |
[02:03] | Today, in particular. | 特别是今天 |
[02:07] | I’m not pregnant. | 我没有怀孕 |
[02:10] | Again. | 又一次 |
[02:12] | It’s all right. | 没事 |
[02:14] | I just wanted this. A part of you. | 我只是想要你的一部分 |
[02:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[02:21] | I would love nothing more than to see you pregnant, | 我多想看你怀孕 |
[02:25] | radiant, a mother. | 容光焕发 做个母亲 |
[02:27] | But fate has other plans. | 但是命运有别的安排 |
[02:30] | Charles will inherit my throne. | 查尔斯会继承我的王位 |
[02:32] | But… he’s so young, Mary. | 但是 他年纪尚轻 玛丽 |
[02:37] | A young king needs a regent. | 年轻的国王需要摄政王 |
[02:38] | And who can I trust to rule over France | 而我们年轻的国王得意忘形时 |
[02:40] | whenever our young monarch turns his head? | 我能信任谁来统治法国呢 |
[02:42] | Elizabeth is after your country, Scotland is in jeopardy. | 伊丽莎白要对付你的国家 苏格兰情况危急 |
[02:45] | And your status at court… | 你在宫廷的地位… |
[02:48] | You want me to marry Charles. | 你想要我嫁给查尔斯 |
[02:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:52] | To protect you and secure my family’s future. | 为了保护你和皇室的未来 |
[02:55] | I understand that, the politics. But this is a marriage. | 我了解政治 但这是婚姻 |
[02:59] | You’re not naive to the burdens of royalty. | 你并不陌生皇族的负担 |
[03:01] | You and I… us. | 你和我 我们 |
[03:04] | We’re not just royalty. | 我们不止是皇族 |
[03:06] | We are more than an alliance. | 我们不止是联姻 |
[03:08] | We’re different. We love each other. | 我们不一样 我们是相爱的 |
[03:12] | And we always will. | 这份感情不会变 |
[03:15] | Mary, please, you know this makes sense. | 玛丽 拜托 你知道这合情合理 |
[03:23] | A life in France | 在法国生活 |
[03:25] | without you. | 但没有你 |
[03:28] | Marriage is just a legal agreement. | 婚姻只是法定协议 |
[03:32] | In time, you could move back to Scotland. | 以后你可以回到苏格兰 |
[03:38] | Unless it progressed into something more… | 除非你们之间发展出了… |
[03:40] | We both know that will never happen. | 我们都知道那种事不会发生 |
[03:43] | But you’re right– | 但你说得对… |
[03:45] | it would be the best thing to protect both our countries. | 这样做才能保护我们的国家 |
[03:52] | I will marry your brother. | 我会嫁给你弟弟 |
[03:55] | Even though it breaks my heart. | 虽然这让我心碎 |
[04:03] | We must share our plan with our future king. | 我们必须告诉未来的国王我们的计划 |
[04:10] | Your girlish collusion | 你和凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇 |
[04:11] | with Catherine de Medici has placed England | 幼稚狭隘的勾结将英格兰 |
[04:14] | firmly in the middle of an international crisis. | 置于国际危机之中 |
[04:17] | The Vatican knows we sponsored | 罗马教廷知道了诽谤玛丽的贵族 |
[04:18] | the nobles sent to slander Mary. | 是我们派去的 |
[04:20] | A plan that you | 那是你和凯瑟琳 |
[04:21] | and Catherine hatched. | 精心策划的计划 |
[04:24] | What the Vatican knows, Spain knows. | 罗马教廷知道的 西班牙也知道 |
[04:27] | We are at peace with Spain and King Philip. | 我们目前和西班牙还有菲利普国王和平相处 |
[04:29] | A very fragile peace. | 脆弱的和平 |
[04:31] | He views the attack on Mary | 他把对玛丽的攻击 |
[04:33] | as an attack on all Catholic monarchs. | 视作对所有天主教君主的攻击 |
[04:36] | King Philip has threatened | 菲利普国王威胁 |
[04:36] | to walk away from the trade agreement | 要弃置我们花了几个月协商的 |
[04:38] | we’ve spent months negotiating. | 贸易协议 |
[04:39] | We can find a way to make amends with both Spain and France. | 我们可以想办法和西班牙还有法国弥补关系 |
[04:42] | I’m afraid that burden lies with our queen. | 恐怕这一重任得落到女王头上了 |
[04:45] | Her Majesty will give testimony speaking to the circumstances | 女王陛下会给出证词 |
[04:47] | surrounding Catherine’s time in England. | 陈述凯瑟琳来英格兰前后的情况 |
[04:49] | Testimony that clears our queen of any involvement. | 撇清我们女王的关系 |
[04:51] | Then we look forward to hearing what you have to say. | 我们很期待你的陈述 |
[04:55] | The Medici issue will be resolved, | 梅第奇的问题会解决的 |
[04:57] | and swiftly. | 而且很快 |
[04:59] | King Philip gains more | 菲利普国王和我们结盟 |
[05:00] | with us than against us. | 比为敌好处更多 |
[05:01] | If only I felt confident making the same claim | 如果我对这个枢密院的成员 |
[05:04] | about members of this council. | 也有这个信心就好了 |
[05:06] | There’s also the matter of a new English ambassador to France. | 还要派遣新的英格兰大使去法国 |
[05:09] | Relations are tense. | 英法两国很紧张 |
[05:10] | Sending an ambassador conveys a message of peace | 派遣大使传达了和平信息 |
[05:12] | at no political cost to us. | 且无需付出政治成本 |
[05:13] | I have a nomination. | 我想提名一个人 |
[05:16] | There is one member of this council | 枢密院中有一名成员 |
[05:17] | whose track record of diplomacy | 他在外交方面的经历 |
[05:19] | uniquely prepares him for a position overseas. | 使他特别适合海外的职位 |
[05:22] | The ambassadorship would be a sizeable promotion, | 大使职位是一次重大的晋升 |
[05:25] | but one that is long overdue. | 但也是他早就应得的 |
[05:27] | Lord Robert Dudley. | 罗伯特·达德利勋爵 |
[05:34] | Do we have a second? | 有人赞同吗 |
[05:38] | The nomination has been seconded. | 看来大家都赞同 |
[05:43] | Your Majesty? | 女王陛下 |
[05:46] | I’ll take down to advisement. | 我会考虑的 |
[05:48] | Lady Dudley. It’s done. | 达德利夫人 这事定了 |
[05:50] | Your husband’s the only nomination. | 你丈夫是唯一的提名人选 |
[05:51] | Our loss is France’s gain. | 我们的损失就是法国的收获 |
[05:53] | What will the frogs make of this wily English rose? | 法国佬会如何看待你这朵狡猾的英格兰玫瑰呢 |
[05:57] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[05:58] | I’d follow my husband anywhere. | 我丈夫去哪儿我就去哪儿 |
[06:00] | Especially if it means I never have to think of him | 一想到他不会再和伊丽莎白同床共枕 |
[06:02] | writhing in Elizabeth’s bed again. | 这事就再好不过了 |
[06:03] | Our queen truly has that much of a hold over your husband? | 我们女王真的已经和你丈夫如此亲密了吗 |
[06:06] | I suppose there’s no accounting for taste. | 这可真是各有所好啊 |
[06:10] | All this talk of France inspires thoughts of their rumored | 而这番关于法国的谈话会使他们 |
[06:13] | more ambitious lovemaking. | 更热切地交媾 |
[06:15] | There are, after all, acts my wife refuses to submit to. | 毕竟有那么些动作我妻子不愿意做呢 |
[06:49] | Leave us. | 出去吧 |
[06:51] | When you shared secrets in Catherine’s bed, | 当你在凯瑟琳的床上和她分享秘密的时候 |
[06:53] | did they include the specifics of our bath time flirtation? | 你说了我们两个在浴室调情的细节吗 |
[06:56] | Why? What’s happened? | 怎么这么问 怎么了 |
[06:58] | A rat. In my bath. | 我的浴盆里有只老鼠 |
[07:00] | Well, even the house of a king | 就算是国王的起居室 |
[07:02] | is not immune to a rodent infestation. | 都不能免于鼠疫 |
[07:04] | No, it was planted there, deliberately. | 不 那只老鼠是有人故意放在那里的 |
[07:07] | This was inside its vile little mouth. | 我在它那肮脏的嘴里发现了这个 |
[07:15] | One rat down, | 一只老鼠倒下了 |
[07:17] | two to go. | 还有两只老鼠呢 |
[07:19] | But Catherine is in prison. | 但凯瑟琳还在监狱里啊 |
[07:21] | Giving her plenty of time to scheme against her rivals. | 这样她就有足够的时间筹谋对付她的敌人了 |
[07:24] | You betrayed Catherine, had her exiled, | 你背叛了她 使她流放千里 |
[07:27] | and then made a public request to court me. | 然后当众向我求爱 |
[07:29] | Word of your intention has spread all over the castle. | 在这座城堡里你的意图已人尽皆知 |
[07:32] | including Catherine’s cell. | 凯瑟琳肯定也知道 |
[07:33] | I swore that I would protect you. | 我发誓过会保护你的 |
[07:35] | But you also swore that you would never hurt me again. | 你还发誓过不再伤害我呢 |
[07:37] | But you have. This is why I said no to you. | 但你却伤害了我 所以我才拒绝了你 |
[07:40] | I do have feelings for you. | 我确实喜欢你 |
[07:41] | But I wanted to keep them private, | 但我不希望这种感情为人所知 |
[07:43] | and I was right to want that. | 我有权这么做 |
[07:45] | Even rejecting you as a potential husband | 就算拒绝你的求婚 |
[07:47] | has put me in danger. | 都使我陷入险境 |
[07:49] | And that’s why we can never be together. | 所以我们不能在一起 |
[07:54] | My news doesn’t leave this room. | 我的消息不会传出这间房子 |
[07:55] | Once the world learns of my illness, | 一旦大众知道了我的病情 |
[07:57] | our enemies will move in, | 我们的敌人就会趁虚而入 |
[07:59] | try to take advantage of France’s weakness. | 意图伤害法国 |
[08:01] | We must prepare for the transition of power | 我们必须齐心协力 秘密地 |
[08:03] | as a family and in secret. | 准备权力的交接 |
[08:05] | Does Mother know? | 母亲知道吗 |
[08:06] | Catherine no longer has the privilege | 凯瑟琳无权 |
[08:08] | of contact with her children. | 接触她的孩子 |
[08:10] | She wouldn’t be of any comfort to me, either. | 我也不乐意见她 |
[08:11] | But you’re dying, | 但你要死了 |
[08:13] | she is your mother. | 她是你的母亲啊 |
[08:16] | No, I’ve recognized John, | 我 我已经封赏了约翰 |
[08:18] | given him lands and titles, but | 授予了他土地和头衔 但是 |
[08:20] | he’ll never be king. | 他不会成为国王 |
[08:22] | When Lola learns of my fate she will fear for him. | 萝拉要是知道我快死了 她会担心他 |
[08:25] | You understand the life of a bastard son. | 你也知道私生子过的是什么样的日子 |
[08:27] | John will be protected. | 我们会保护约翰的 |
[08:29] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[08:32] | Now you see why we had to send for you. | 现在你知道我们为什么请你回来了吧 |
[08:35] | I should’ve studied. | 我早该好好学习治国之道的 |
[08:37] | I should have listened as my guardians blathered on about tithes | 我该在我监护人谈论什一税和土地改革时 |
[08:40] | and land reforms. | 好好听的 |
[08:42] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[08:44] | I never thought it… | 我从没想过… |
[08:46] | Give us some time. | 让我们谈谈 |
[08:57] | I have decided that after my passing, | 我已经决定 我过世后 |
[09:02] | you will take Mary as your wife. | 你要娶玛丽为妻 |
[09:05] | But she loves you. | 但她爱你啊 |
[09:07] | When the time comes, | 有朝一日 |
[09:08] | I want my own wife, someone my own age. | 我会想要我自己的妻子 与我同龄的妻子 |
[09:10] | Now, you know that that is not always possible. | 你知道不可能万事顺心的 |
[09:13] | Our own marriage was arranged | 我们俩的婚姻 |
[09:14] | to bring our two countries together. | 是为了结合两个国家 |
[09:16] | What has Scotland ever done for France? | 苏格兰为法国做过什么 |
[09:18] | Charles, this marriage would not only benefit Mary. | 查尔斯 这桩婚姻不仅对玛丽有利 |
[09:21] | A young king needs a regent. | 年轻的国王需要一个摄政王 |
[09:23] | And we can’t trust anyone with that amount of power. | 我们无法相信任何有如此大权利的人 |
[09:25] | Usurpers would come after your crown. | 他们会篡夺你的王位 |
[09:27] | And if I’m to be married. | 如果我要结婚 |
[09:28] | Married to a queen, | 和一个女王结婚 |
[09:29] | you won’t need a regent. | 你就不需要摄政王 |
[09:30] | Mary is an experienced ruler | 玛丽治国经验丰富 |
[09:32] | who would ensure a smooth transition of power. | 她会保证你平稳地坐上王位 |
[09:35] | I want to know what mother thinks. | 我要听听母亲的想法 |
[09:36] | I told you before. | 我之前就和你说过了 |
[09:38] | Mother’s opinion doesn’t matter, | 母亲的意见并不重要 |
[09:40] | not anymore. | 再也不重要了 |
[09:41] | Well, she knows more about political strategy than anyone. | 她比任何人都了解政治策略 |
[09:43] | How could her opinion not matter? | 她的意见怎么可能不重要 |
[09:45] | You don’t understand who she is. The real Catherine. | 你不了解她 你不了解真正的凯瑟琳 |
[09:48] | Then make me understand. | 那就告诉我啊 |
[09:51] | I-I don’t even know why she’s locked up. | 我甚至不知道她为什么被关押起来 |
[09:53] | So she went to England– is that a crime? | 她是去了英格兰 这就是罪吗 |
[09:56] | Why won’t you just tell me? | 你就不能告诉我吗 |
[09:58] | Fine, | 算了 |
[09:59] | you can hate her for whatever it is she did, | 不管你因为她做了什么而厌恶她 |
[10:01] | but she’s still my mother. | 她始终是我母亲 |
[10:02] | And I am still your king. | 而我始终是你的国王 |
[10:07] | For today. | 暂时而已 |
[10:08] | But if I’m to wed Mary, | 如果我要和玛丽结婚 |
[10:10] | you must die. | 你必须去死 |
[10:11] | And when that happens, I will be king. | 到那时 我就是国王了 |
[10:17] | I don’t want to get married. | 我不想结婚 |
[10:18] | And I don’t have to. | 我就不必这样做 |
[10:30] | No one can know the specifics of my mother’s crimes. | 任何人都不能知道我母亲到底犯了什么罪 |
[10:32] | Kidnapping my son, fleeing to England | 绑架我儿子 逃去英格兰 |
[10:34] | to marry off my brother to our greatest rival. | 意图让我弟弟娶我们最大的敌人 |
[10:37] | And if Charles, if anyone found out | 一旦查尔斯 或任何人发现了 |
[10:39] | that she tried to smear your name… | 她想要诽谤你… |
[10:40] | By telling the truth. | 这是事实 |
[10:41] | Francis, my indiscretion with Conde… | 弗朗西斯 我和康德之间的轻率行为 |
[10:43] | Truth… | 就算是事实 |
[10:44] | became treason when she took it to the Vatican. | 也在她意图告知罗马教廷时变成了叛国罪 |
[10:45] | And that serious charge | 如果我母亲的敌人 |
[10:47] | in the hands of my mother’s enemies… | 得知了这项严重的罪名 |
[10:49] | they’d call for her execution. | 他们会要求处死她 |
[10:51] | We need Charles’ cooperation, | 我们需要查尔斯合作 |
[10:52] | but if he demands to see her… | 但如果他要求见她 |
[10:54] | Catherine will scheme and plot until the day she dies. | 凯瑟琳除非死了才不会阴谋计划 |
[10:57] | Every time someone takes a tray of food | 每次有人给那间牢房送还食物 |
[10:59] | to that cell, there is a chance | 对她而言都是一次 |
[11:01] | she will bend them to her will, | 使那人听从她意愿的机会 |
[11:02] | use that opportunity to hatch her revenge. | 她会利用这种机会实施报复 |
[11:05] | And after you are gone… | 一旦你走了 |
[11:07] | Charles will have the power to see her anyway. | 查尔斯就有权力去见她了 |
[11:09] | He will come from Catherine, having heard her plea | 他会相信凯瑟琳 听她诡辩 |
[11:11] | that she was doing everything for the good of France. | 她所做的一切都是为了法国 |
[11:14] | We can tell him our side, too, | 我们也可以告诉他我们的立场 |
[11:16] | and be sure he doesn’t share it. | 并且确保他不说出去 |
[11:20] | Francis… | 弗朗西斯 |
[11:23] | your brother isn’t asking for audience with Catherine | 你弟弟并不是以未来国王的身份 |
[11:26] | as the future king. | 要求见凯瑟琳 |
[11:28] | He’s a terrified boy who needs the love of his mother. | 他只是个害怕的孩子需要母亲的爱护而已 |
[11:30] | Let Catherine comfort her son. | 就让凯瑟琳安慰他的儿子吧 |
[11:33] | You’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[11:36] | Let me speak to her first. | 我先和她谈谈 |
[12:02] | Stephan. | 斯特凡 |
[12:03] | How did you know… | 你怎么知道… |
[12:04] | I know this is where you come | 我知道你会来这里 |
[12:06] | to pick those wild raspberries that John likes so much. | 采摘约翰特别爱吃的野木莓 |
[12:10] | Because you had me followed. | 因为你派人跟踪了我 |
[12:12] | No. | 没有 |
[12:15] | Because I pay attention. | 因为我关心你 |
[12:23] | And because I love you. | 还因为我爱你 |
[12:25] | Uh, maybe Catherine is coming for us, | 也许凯瑟琳正准备对付我们 |
[12:28] | but if you and I | 但如果我们 |
[12:29] | have to pay her price for being together, then… | 想要在一起必须过她那一关 |
[12:32] | why don’t we just be together? | 那为什么不在一起呢 |
[12:34] | But why marriage? | 但为什么非得结婚 |
[12:36] | Why has a binding union become so important to you, of all people? | 为什么一个仪式对你来说这么重要 |
[12:40] | Because it’s important to you. | 因为那对你很重要 |
[12:43] | You say you want just an affair, but I know the moment | 你说你只想当做私情 但我知道 |
[12:46] | I lay you down beneath this tree, | 一旦我们躺在这树下 |
[12:48] | then you will see there’s more between us | 你就会发现我们之间 |
[12:49] | than just the stuff of fleeting seduction. | 有的不仅仅是稍纵即逝的情欲而已 |
[12:53] | And you haven’t given up on the idea of a real family. | 而你也没有放弃组建真正家庭的想法 |
[12:55] | If I can’t give you that, | 如果我们不能成家 |
[12:57] | then out time together is limited, | 那我们在一起的时间很有限 |
[12:59] | no matter how we feel. | 无论我们心意如何 |
[13:01] | Lola… | 萝拉… |
[13:04] | I want you forever. | 我想永远与你在一起 |
[13:07] | But as long as Francis reigns, | 但只要弗朗西斯还是国王 |
[13:09] | our relationship will be forbidden. | 我们的关系就是禁忌 |
[13:13] | I want you, Stephan, | 我想和你在一起 斯特凡 |
[13:14] | so I can get past my fear of Catherine, | 所以我能不顾对凯瑟琳的恐惧 |
[13:16] | but if you want me, | 但如果你想和我在一起 |
[13:18] | you need to stop holding out for an impossible marriage. | 你就得放弃那不可能实现的婚姻 |
[13:23] | Do you love me enough to meet me halfway? | 你对我的爱足以让你妥协吗 |
[13:42] | Where’s my zibellino? | 我的黑貂呢[意大利语] |
[13:44] | Your what? | 你的什么 |
[13:45] | It’s Italian for sable? | 那是意大利语 貂皮的意思 |
[13:47] | And I don’t speak Italian. | 我不会说意大利语 |
[13:48] | A sable for a blanket– | 一条貂皮毯 |
[13:49] | I can’t sleep without it. | 没有它我睡不着 |
[13:50] | Besides, don’t you know how valuable… | 况且 你知道它有多么珍贵… |
[13:54] | No, of course you don’t. | 你当然不知道 |
[13:56] | Perhaps the princess can think back | 或许公主可以回想一下 |
[13:58] | to where she may have left her… zibellino? | 她可能把她的黑貂放在哪儿了 |
[14:01] | The Versailles carriage is the only place I haven’t looked. | 只剩凡尔赛的马车没找过了 |
[14:04] | That particular carriage is | 那辆马车 |
[14:05] | currently halfway between here and Paris. | 现在正在从这里到巴黎的路上呢 |
[14:07] | If you say so. | 你说是就是吧 |
[14:08] | Find it for me. | 你去找 |
[14:10] | No. | 不 |
[14:11] | Catherine’s locked up now, | 凯瑟琳已经被关起来了 |
[14:13] | so you can’t run to Mommy and complain. | 你没法去向妈妈告状 |
[14:15] | But please, feel free to summon me again when you have | 所以等您的要求在我的职责范围内时 |
[14:17] | a request that falls within my actual job responsibilities… | 尽管召唤我 |
[14:21] | Princess. | 告退 |
[14:28] | Poison. | 下毒 |
[14:30] | It has to be poison. | 肯定有人下毒 |
[14:32] | I have already been tested for poison, | 我已经测试过了 |
[14:35] | given herbal remedies, even leeched. | 用草药治疗过 还用水蛭吸过血 |
[14:38] | And each doctor only reiterated the truth, | 每个大夫都只会重申一遍事实 |
[14:39] | that this illness is real and incurable. | 那就是我真的病了且无药可救 |
[14:42] | My eldest child faces certain death, | 我的大儿子要死了 |
[14:44] | and I am confined to a cell, | 我却关在牢房里 |
[14:46] | unable to comfort him. | 无法安慰他 |
[14:48] | Confined by your own betrayal. | 那是你咎由自取 |
[14:50] | I’m your mother– I’ve held you in my arms, | 我是你母亲 我会将你抱在怀里 |
[14:53] | I nursed you when they mocked me, | 他们嘲笑我时我依然亲自喂养你 |
[14:55] | and they said that feeding you | 他们说喂养你 |
[14:57] | was the act of a gruesome peasant. | 是低俗农民的行为 |
[14:59] | But I did because I knew… | 但我还是喂了因为我知道 |
[15:01] | – it would make you strong… and I… – Stop. | -那会让你强壮 而我… -够了 |
[15:03] | I raised Mary, too, | 玛丽也是我养大的 |
[15:05] | don’t forget– I loved her | 别忘了 我爱她 |
[15:07] | till she weakened you and she weakened France. | 直到他削弱了你和法国 |
[15:10] | I said stop. | 我让你住嘴 |
[15:11] | She’s shown me more love than | 她对我的爱超过这个家里 |
[15:12] | anyone in this family ever could. | 任何一个人 |
[15:14] | True love, without condition. | 毫无条件的真爱 |
[15:16] | I protect you. | 我保护了你 |
[15:18] | Let me out of here and I will continue to do that. | 放我出去 我会继续保护你 |
[15:21] | ‘Cause you’ll need me once Charles | 等查尔斯成为国王 |
[15:24] | is king. | 你需要我 |
[15:27] | He’s already here, | 他已经进宫了 |
[15:28] | isn’t he? | 不是吗 |
[15:30] | It was you that sent for him. | 你派人召他进宫的 |
[15:33] | I’ve asked him to wed Mary. | 我已经请求他娶玛丽 |
[15:38] | But he wants to see you. | 但他想见你 |
[15:40] | And I know that you’ll try to poison him against me. | 我知道你会蛊惑他反抗我 |
[15:43] | I’m his mother. | 我是他妈妈 |
[15:44] | He needs love and support. | 他需要爱和支持 |
[15:50] | This wine is heavenly– but, then, I suppose | 这酒真是好喝 但我想 |
[15:53] | they save the best vintage for Her Majesty. | 他们把最好的佳酿都留给女王陛下了吧 |
[15:55] | Donatella, your palate betrays | 多纳泰拉 你的口味可暴露了 |
[15:57] | your Italian roots. | 你的意大利出身 |
[15:59] | I don’t try to hide them. | 我没想掩盖它们 |
[16:00] | I find having an exotic wife | 我发现异国妻子的身份 |
[16:02] | bolsters my husband’s reputation at court. | 能助长我丈夫在宫廷的声望 |
[16:05] | I have a favor. | 我有个请求 |
[16:07] | It’s of international importance. | 事关国际 |
[16:09] | Political intrigue? | 政治阴谋吗 |
[16:11] | Pour the wine. | 倒酒 |
[16:14] | It does require a tiny fib. | 的确需要撒个小谎 |
[16:17] | You must testify before the privy council that… | 你得在私下审讯中作证 |
[16:20] | you are Catherine de Medici’s distant Florentine cousin, | 你是凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇佛罗伦萨的远方表亲 |
[16:24] | and you harbored her here at court. | 并将她藏在了宫里 |
[16:26] | Catherine de Medici was here? | 凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇在这里 |
[16:28] | The harpy herself, in the flesh? | 那位高贵的太后 |
[16:32] | I’d kill just to lay eyes on her. | 要是能看她一眼 杀人我也愿意 |
[16:34] | Well, imagine you had. | 就当你看到了 |
[16:36] | Imagine you took pity | 就当你同情了 |
[16:37] | on your poor exiled cousin and provided her with asylum, | 你那被流放的可怜表亲并为她提供了庇护 |
[16:42] | and your good queen never even knew she was here. | 而你善良的女王从不知道她人在此 |
[16:45] | Wouldn’t I get into some sort of… trouble? | 那我不会惹上麻烦吗 |
[16:47] | A slap on the wrist, perhaps. | 或许会有些象征性的惩罚 |
[16:49] | But you’d have the queen of England on your side. | 但你背后有英格兰的女王 |
[16:56] | Answer your queen, prisoner. | 回答女王的问题 囚犯 |
[16:58] | Do you beg God for his forgiveness? | 你向上帝乞求原谅了吗 |
[17:00] | No. Why bother? | 没有 费那个劲干嘛 |
[17:04] | I intend to commit the same crime every day until I die. | 我还要每天犯下同样的罪孽 至死方休呢 |
[17:07] | – Lord Dudley! – Shall we leave the shackles on? | -达德利阁下 -要留着手铐吗 |
[17:09] | – Absolutely. – I remember when the walls of a prison | -当然 -我记得这牢房的四壁 |
[17:12] | would have had you cowering in fear. | 当年让你怕得浑身发抖 |
[17:13] | Of losing my head, like my mother. | 我怕的是像母亲一样掉脑袋 |
[17:17] | But you helped me get past that fear. | 但你帮我克服了那恐惧 |
[17:20] | I needed you then… and I need you now. | 我当时需要你 现在也一样 |
[17:23] | Which is why you’re not going anywhere. | 所以你哪里都不许去 |
[17:27] | The French Ambassadorship. | 法国大使 |
[17:28] | A ploy to separate us. | 是要分开我们的诡计 |
[17:31] | I’ll find out who’s behind it. | 我会查清幕后主使 |
[17:34] | Because the nomination couldn’t possibly be genuine. | 因为提名背后绝不单纯 |
[17:37] | Nothing that goes on in my privy council chamber is genuine. | 我那枢密院皇家内阁中 每件事都不单纯 |
[17:43] | You can’t fight it. | 你无力阻止 |
[17:45] | I can… | 我可以 |
[17:47] | by giving you… A title that’s even better. | 只要让你拥有更高的头衔 |
[17:50] | One that will raise your station while keeping you here. | 不仅让你留在此处 还可以平步青云 |
[17:56] | They whisper about us. | 有人闲言碎语 |
[17:58] | I am their queen. | 我是女王 |
[18:00] | Their whispers are treason. | 闲言碎语可作叛国罪论处 |
[18:04] | You’ll stay in England where you belong, | 你必须留在英格兰 这里才是你的归属 |
[18:06] | even if I have to take out every last one of them. | 谁敢阻止我就一一除掉 |
[18:16] | Donatella has taken full responsibility | 多纳泰拉已经承认 |
[18:17] | for Catherine de Medici’s presence at court. | 凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇出现在宫廷中是她的责任 |
[18:20] | I’m afraid that will no longer suffice. | 这样估计不够 |
[18:23] | The council has several nobles claiming | 内阁中已经有几位贵族 |
[18:24] | to have seen you with the French queen mother | 声称曾在宫廷中 |
[18:26] | during her time at the castle. | 目睹你与法国王太后在一起 |
[18:27] | Several nobles? | 几位贵族 |
[18:30] | Give me their names. | 他们的名字是 |
[18:31] | Who knows if they even exist? | 谁知道到底有没有这样的人 |
[18:34] | The high lords have challenged you to clean up your mess. | 那些贵族要求你处理好这些问题 |
[18:36] | They do not plan to make it easy. | 绝对不会让你轻松解决 |
[18:37] | And sullying my friend’s reputation isn’t enough? | 毁掉我朋友的名声还不够吗 |
[18:41] | Donatella trusts me. | 多纳泰拉那么信任我 |
[18:43] | Now I’ll have to ask her | 我现在却要让她 |
[18:44] | to testify that she introduced me to Catherine | 出言证明是她向凯瑟琳引荐了我 |
[18:47] | but withheld her royal identity, | 然而却背弃贵族的准则 |
[18:49] | confess to lying to a Queen. | 对女王撒了谎 |
[18:52] | The council plots against you, but it is you providing them | 内阁设计害你 但是是你让他们 |
[18:55] | with ammunition. | 有了可乘之机 |
[18:57] | One only had to study your face | 当初里奥奈尔伯爵 |
[18:58] | when Lord Lionel nominated Dudley | 提名达德利阁下时 |
[18:59] | to know that your affair is back on. | 你的表情出卖了你 |
[19:01] | Robert isn’t going anywhere. | 罗伯特不能走 |
[19:03] | I hear about your plans to give him a different promotion. | 我听说你打算给他升头衔 |
[19:05] | You cannot do it, Elizabeth. | 不可以这样 伊丽莎白 |
[19:07] | He would make a fine ambassador– and if you refuse, | 他绝对可以胜任大使 如果你拒绝 |
[19:09] | it will confirm your indiscretion. | 你们的恋情就昭然若揭 |
[19:11] | To hold onto the crown, you need to be pure, | 要想保住王位 你必须纯洁 |
[19:14] | – above recrimination. – Because I’m a woman? | -不能有丑闻 -因为我是女人吗 |
[19:16] | Because you must be viable for a strategic marriage. | 因为你必须时刻准备好进行政治联姻 |
[19:19] | Well, I agreed to meet with Charles, didn’t I? | 我见了查尔斯 不是吗 |
[19:22] | Only to be betrayed and look like a fool. | 可是却被背叛 被人耍弄 |
[19:24] | Other prospects will come along, | 还会有其他待婚人选 |
[19:27] | but you’ll only have a chance with them if you end | 但是你必须断绝跟有妇之夫的联系 |
[19:29] | – your relations with a married man. – Stop. | -才能有机会与他们成婚 -住嘴 |
[19:32] | I hear you. | 我知道了 |
[19:34] | I will not raise Dudley’s station. | 我不让达德利升职 |
[19:36] | Elizabeth, | 伊丽莎白 |
[19:37] | the issue is larger than this moment. | 问题比你想得更严重 |
[19:39] | You’ve never accepted the fact that your life changed | 你一直没意识到 自从你变成女王 |
[19:42] | the moment you become queen. | 你的生活就变了 |
[19:44] | These mistakes– Catherine de Medici, | 这些错误 凯瑟琳·梅第奇 |
[19:47] | Dudley– | 杜德利 |
[19:48] | the people around you, the ones who care, | 你周围的人 在乎你的人 |
[19:49] | we will pay the price! | 都会付出代价 |
[19:51] | I am paying the price! | 我也在付出代价 |
[19:53] | I feel like a prisoner. | 我觉得自己像是囚犯 |
[19:59] | Some prison. | 至少这牢笼金碧辉煌 |
[20:03] | He’s my brother, too, | 他也是我哥哥 |
[20:04] | and he’s protected me. | 一直在保护我 |
[20:06] | Francis and I have an agreement | 我跟弗朗西斯说好了 |
[20:08] | that he would never force me to marry. | 他不会逼我嫁给任何人 |
[20:10] | How progressive of him. | 他对你真好 |
[20:12] | Charles, please! | 查尔斯 |
[20:13] | I need to know that as king | 我需要确保你当上国王后 |
[20:15] | you’ll do the same. | 也会这样对我 |
[20:17] | You came here to ask a favor? | 你是来找人帮忙吗 |
[20:19] | Of me? | 找我帮忙 |
[20:22] | I’m about to inherit a job I don’t want, | 我即将要做一件我不想做的事 |
[20:24] | that I’ll probably fail miserably at. | 而且说不定会做得一塌糊涂 |
[20:26] | – They want me to marry my brother’s wife. – And I’m sorry. | -他们要我娶我的嫂子 -我也很遗憾 |
[20:29] | Are you? | 是吗 |
[20:31] | It’s hard for all of us, | 身为王孙贵胄 |
[20:33] | – being part of this family. – You’re right, | -我们都不容易 -你说得对 |
[20:36] | and that’s why, as part of this family, | 因此 作为王孙贵胄 |
[20:37] | you’ll marry whoever your king commands you to. | 你必须遵从国王的命令 |
[20:45] | I know you’re scared, but your brother is right– | 我知道你很害怕 但你哥哥说得对 |
[20:48] | there will be threats. | 你会面临威胁 |
[20:50] | From the Bourbons in Navarre in particular. | 尤其是纳瓦拉的波旁王族 |
[20:52] | King Antoine has a blood claim. | 安托万国王有着高贵血统 |
[20:54] | But there are other ways to deal with them | 不过总有其他办法可以解决 |
[20:55] | than marrying the queen of Scots. | 并不非得娶苏格兰女王 |
[20:58] | Not according to Francis. | 弗朗西斯看来不是 |
[20:59] | Oh. Well, he loves Mary. | 毕竟他很爱玛丽 |
[21:01] | He’s always been blind to the drain | 他一直看不到 |
[21:03] | the Scottish alliance has been on our country. | 与苏格兰联盟 对法国并无好处 |
[21:06] | I have no interest | 我对保护玛丽 |
[21:07] | in protecting Mary or Scotland. | 或是保护苏格兰 毫无兴趣 |
[21:10] | But I do want to protect myself. | 但我想保护自己 |
[21:12] | Listen, there is no point in arguing | 现在没必要争这个 |
[21:15] | the issue now, and certainly not with a king. | 尤其是没必要跟国王争 |
[21:17] | Just agree to the marriage. | 同意成婚吧 |
[21:19] | Engagements fall away all the time, as you well know. | 并不是每份婚约最终都能兑现 这你很清楚 |
[21:23] | To what end? | 到什么时候 |
[21:24] | I can’t lie to Mary forever. | 我总不能一直骗玛丽 |
[21:27] | Just until the time has come. | 等到时机成熟 |
[21:29] | Meaning my brother is dead? | 我哥哥死了之后吗 |
[21:31] | Yes. | 对 |
[21:33] | And you’ve installed me at your side as regent. | 等到你将我变为摄政王之后 |
[21:37] | You’ve been imprisoned. | 你是囚犯 |
[21:38] | For seeking an alliance. | 因为我在找寻联盟 |
[21:40] | For having views counter to Mary’s. | 因为我的观点与玛丽有分歧 |
[21:42] | You will come to understand it all, and you will exonerate me. | 总有一天你会理解 到时你自会将我免罪 |
[21:46] | I would die to protect you. | 我会付出生命保护你 |
[21:49] | And surely, the same cannot be said | 不过 你那位嫂子 |
[21:51] | of your sister-in-law. | 可就未必了 |
[21:53] | Who would you rather have in your corner? | 相比之下 你会选谁 |
[21:56] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[21:58] | Good. | 很好 |
[22:01] | Now you just convince Francis to let you visit me regularly. | 接下来只要让弗朗西斯同意你经常来看我 |
[22:06] | Your guardians. | 你的监护人们 |
[22:07] | How are your studies progressing? | 你的学业如何了 |
[22:09] | I haven’t been as focused as I should. | 我没怎么用功 |
[22:11] | You’re a teenage boy. | 你还年轻 |
[22:12] | There are more compelling exploits? | 诱惑多的是 |
[22:16] | We shall begin your education by studying the realms’ finances. | 那就先来学学王国的财政情况吧 |
[22:20] | Send a messenger to | 派一名信使 |
[22:22] | a Lord Germain in the village. | 去村里找日耳曼大人 |
[22:24] | And tell him that you want… | 告诉他 你要清算 |
[22:26] | a full reckoning of the realm’s accounts. | 法国的全部账目 |
[22:29] | Be sure to use that exact phrase. | 别说错词了 |
[22:31] | It’ll impress Germain that a boy your age understands | 这样日耳曼就会对你留下深刻印象 |
[22:34] | the proper terms of finance. | 像你这么小的孩子竟然知道专业的财政词汇 |
[22:36] | – Can you do that for me? – Yeah. | -能做到吗 -能 |
[22:39] | This was left for me in my chambers. | 这是有人留在我房里的 |
[22:41] | By Delphine. | 是戴尔芬 |
[22:43] | The witch? | 那个女巫吗 |
[22:46] | Here’s a girl. | 有一个女孩 |
[22:48] | Her eyes sting from smoke, | 她的双眼被烟熏疼 |
[22:49] | and her skin smells like freshly baked bread… | 皮肤沾着新烤面包的味道… |
[22:51] | A kitchen servant. | 厨房的仆人 |
[22:53] | Delphine thinks this girl is the murderer’s next victim. | 戴尔芬认为这个女孩就是下一个被害人 |
[22:57] | Bash, the murderer is Delphine. | 巴斯 戴尔芬就是凶手 |
[22:58] | She killed that servant boy | 她杀了那个男仆 |
[22:59] | because he got mixed up in her black magic. | 因为他卷入了她的黑魔法之中 |
[23:01] | My instincts have always told me that Delphine is innocent. | 我直觉戴尔芬是无辜的 |
[23:04] | So you’re taking this letter seriously? | 所以你真的相信这个了吗 |
[23:06] | A heretic’s claims that conveniently absolve her? | 单靠一份异教徒的供词就这么赦免了她吗 |
[23:10] | I need you to go to the kitchen, | 我要你去厨房打听一下 |
[23:11] | ask around, see if anyone’s gone missing. | 有没有人失踪 |
[23:14] | You spent time there as a servant. | 毕竟你之前在厨房做过事 |
[23:15] | They’ll tell you the truth. | 他们会对你说实话的 |
[23:17] | And if Delphine is merely diverting us from her own guilt? | 如果戴尔芬只是想转移我们的注意力呢 |
[23:20] | Then we will seek justice. | 那我们就将她绳之于法 |
[23:22] | Either way, you’re helping to catch a murderer. | 无论怎样 你都能帮我抓到凶手 |
[23:30] | Lord Germain? | 日耳曼大人 |
[23:32] | A message from court. | 宫廷里给你的消息 |
[23:37] | Full reckoning? | 清算 |
[23:39] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[23:41] | How did you get this? | 你从哪里拿的消息 |
[23:42] | By the hand of the dauphin himself. | 王储亲自给我的 |
[23:44] | He wrote it after meeting with the Queen Mother. | 他与王太后见面之后给的消息 |
[23:48] | A new job. | 新活 |
[23:51] | We’ll need five men in total. | 我们要五个人 |
[23:54] | Where? | 哪里 |
[23:56] | Navarre. | 纳瓦拉 |
[23:58] | To shed some Bourbon blood. | 让波旁人流点血 |
[24:04] | I will marry you. | 我会娶你的 |
[24:08] | And how did you come to your decision? | 你是怎么下决定的 |
[24:10] | I know how much our mother hurt you. | 我知道母亲伤你很重 |
[24:12] | But you knew I needed her. | 但你知道我需要她 |
[24:14] | You treated me fairly, like a brother. | 你对我很好 是个好哥哥 |
[24:16] | Helped me understand that | 你让我明白 |
[24:18] | you want what’s best for me. You both do. | 什么才是对我最好的 你们都一样 |
[24:21] | You made the right choice. | 你的决定是对的 |
[24:23] | But you must remain open to my counsel. | 但你还是要继续听从我的建议 |
[24:25] | I plan to be. | 我就准备这样做 |
[24:36] | Everyone in the kitchen is accounted for? | 厨房里的所有人都算进去了吗 |
[24:38] | Save one servant girl, but Bash, she isn’t missing. | 除了一名女仆 可是巴斯 她并未失踪啊 |
[24:41] | Annabelle is young and madly in love. | 安娜贝拉很年轻 正陷入热恋 |
[24:43] | She merely skipped out on work to meet her lover. | 她只是跑出去见爱人了 |
[24:45] | They were to elope today. | 他们今天私奔了 |
[24:46] | – Delphine was wrong. – Did you ask where they were meeting? | -戴尔芬错了 -你问过他们在哪见面了吗 |
[24:49] | Where the river narrows the east. | 东边的小河边 |
[24:54] | Francis has requested we meet him in the village. | 弗朗西斯让我们去村里见他 |
[24:57] | Why? | 为什么 |
[24:58] | There’s something you need to see. | 要带你去看个东西 |
[25:07] | So, where are we drinking? | 我们去哪喝酒 |
[25:09] | Did you arrange to have a message sent to a Lord Germain? | 你给日耳曼大人递信了吗 |
[25:13] | Never heard of him. | 没听说过这个人 |
[25:15] | Do you honestly think | 你真的以为 |
[25:16] | we would leave Catherine unobserved, | 我们会让凯瑟琳自由自在地 |
[25:18] | free to plot against us? | 策划针对我们的阴谋吗 |
[25:19] | We made plans for her imprisonment. | 为了监禁她 我们可是下了功夫的 |
[25:21] | Removed a bit of mortar from between two old bricks. | 在两块旧砖中间挖了个小洞 |
[25:24] | A servant on the other side reports back | 一个仆人就在墙的另一边监视 |
[25:25] | on Mother’s every move, | 报告母亲的一举一动 |
[25:27] | – every conversation. – You lied. | -一言一行 -你撒谎了 |
[25:29] | You have no intention of marrying me. | 你根本不想和我结婚 |
[25:31] | Fine. I don’t want a wife. I told you that. | 好吧 我说了我不想要一个妻子 |
[25:34] | And I sent that message. | 我是递消息了 |
[25:35] | But Mother simply wants to educate me. | 但母亲只是想教导我 |
[25:37] | I wrote to Lord Germain in order | 我递消息给日耳曼大人 |
[25:39] | to request a full reckoning of the Crown’s accounts. | 说我要清算王国的账目 |
[25:42] | Well, let me introduce you to Lord Germain, | 让我给你介绍一下日耳曼大人 |
[25:45] | – and his equally unsavory peers. – Keep moving. | -以及他同样惹人厌恶的同伙 -继续走 |
[25:48] | Germain is | 日耳曼 |
[25:48] | a trained killer. | 是职业杀手 |
[25:50] | That message was code, | 那条消息是暗号 |
[25:51] | code Catherine established before her exile. | 是凯瑟琳在被流放之前所设的 |
[25:54] | These men were booking a passage to Navarre. | 这些人正准备到纳瓦拉去 |
[25:58] | The Bourbons. | 波旁皇族 |
[26:00] | Your message activated a plot to assassinate their entire line. | 你的消息就是让他们去刺杀整个皇族 |
[26:04] | Did you know that King Antoine has children? | 你知道安托万国王有孩子吗 |
[26:07] | A seven-year-old son. | 一个七岁的儿子 |
[26:09] | And a newborn baby girl | 以及一个新生不久的女儿 |
[26:11] | who does not yet even understand that she is royalty. | 她甚至还不知道自己是皇族成员 |
[26:14] | You ordered men to murder those children. | 你命令那些人去杀那两个孩子 |
[26:18] | That blood would have been on your hands. | 你的双手会沾满他们的鲜血 |
[26:20] | The first | 这就是 |
[26:21] | lesson in an education | 凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇 |
[26:23] | from Catherine de Medici. | 教你的第一课 |
[26:26] | Is that the kind of King you want to be? | 你想成为那样的国王吗 |
[26:31] | How was your business in the village? | 你在村里的生意怎么样 |
[26:32] | We’ll talk about that later. | 这个先不忙说 |
[26:34] | In the meantime, did you actually give in | 话说回来 凯瑟琳都在你浴盆里放老鼠了 |
[26:36] | to Narcisse’s advances | 你还心折于 |
[26:37] | after Catherine put a rat in your bath? | 纳西斯的甜言蜜语所吗 |
[26:40] | It does sound a bit foolish in retrospect. | 这么想想是挺傻的 |
[26:42] | Well, it’s beyond me how she pulled it off. | 我真不知道她是怎么放进去的 |
[26:45] | We’ve been going to great lengths | 我们已经做了很多保护措施 |
[26:46] | to protect ourselves from her usual tricks. | 来防着她常用的诡计手段 |
[26:48] | Catherine will be dealt with, I promise you. | 凯瑟琳这问题会被解决的 我向你保证 |
[26:51] | But you, Lola– what were you thinking? | 但萝拉 你到底在想什么啊 |
[26:54] | Well, that’s just it. I’ve stopped thinking. | 就那样了 我那会儿已经无法思考了 |
[26:57] | What possible kind of future could you two have together? | 你们俩在一起会有怎样的未来啊 |
[27:00] | Catherine is out to get us, but I trust | 凯瑟琳会出来对付我们 |
[27:02] | that Narcisse will protect me and my son. | 但我相信纳西斯会保护我和我儿子 |
[27:05] | That fierceness, how he takes what he wants | 他的强势 他去夺取利益的 |
[27:07] | and gets what he needs– it’s a huge part | 那些手段 是他在我身边 |
[27:09] | of why I feel better with him at my side. | 能让我更加安心的很大一部分原因 |
[27:12] | I have been on the other end of that fierceness, | 我一直是他耍弄手段的目标 |
[27:14] | and as your friend, I beg you, be careful. | 作为你的朋友 我请求你 一定要小心 |
[27:17] | There’s something I need to share with you, | 我要和你说一件事 |
[27:19] | but it must stay between us. | 但你不得外传 |
[27:23] | Francis wanted to tell you himself. | 弗朗西斯本想亲自告诉你 |
[27:26] | But we went to your chambers this morning, | 但我们早上去你房里 |
[27:27] | and your lady said that you were out picking berries. | 你的侍女说你出门采果子去了 |
[27:35] | Lola, Francis is very ill. | 萝拉 弗朗西斯病得很重 |
[27:39] | He’s dying. | 他活不长了 |
[27:41] | Oh, God, Mary. I’m so sorry. | 我的天啊 玛丽 我很抱歉 |
[27:44] | Now you will always be my friend, but soon, | 你一直都是我的好朋友 但很快 |
[27:48] | Francis won’t be King. | 弗朗西斯就会驾崩 |
[27:50] | The last person in the way to your relationship with Narcisse. | 没了他 就没人会阻止你和纳西斯 |
[27:54] | All that matters right now is you. | 现在最重要的是你啊 |
[27:57] | You and Francis. | 你和弗朗西斯 |
[28:00] | Francis has protected us all for so long. | 弗朗西斯已经保护了我们这么久 |
[28:05] | It’s going to seem like a very different world | 当你被迫要为自己的将来做决定时 |
[28:07] | when you are forced to make your own choices for your future. | 世界就完全不同了 |
[28:13] | Lola, I want you to listen to me carefully. | 萝拉 我要你认真听听我的话 |
[28:17] | I want you to think long and hard | 我要你认真仔细地思考清楚 |
[28:19] | about what it is you want. | 到底什么才是你想要的 |
[28:23] | And then make the right decision. | 再做出正确的决定 |
[28:29] | And having heard her confession | 她不仅窝藏了凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇 |
[28:31] | that she both harbored Catherine de Medici | 还对我们的女王撒谎了 |
[28:32] | and lied to our fair queen, council has passed its judgment. | 在听取了她的坦白之后 内阁作出裁决 |
[28:35] | The Lady Donatella is hereby banished from court. | 多纳泰拉夫人将被驱逐出宫廷 |
[28:38] | She and her husband Lord Barlow are | 她和她的丈夫巴罗阁下 |
[28:40] | to be stripped of their titles and relieved of all assets. | 将被剥夺头衔以及所有财产 |
[28:44] | Pending Her Majesty’s agreement. | 等女王陛下的决定 |
[28:47] | Even friendship with a Queen cannot shield a traitor. | 即便是女王的朋友也不可免责 |
[28:53] | Your Majesty, there’s still the matter | 陛下 法国大使之事 |
[28:54] | of the French ambassadorship. | 仍未有决定 |
[28:56] | Should we continue our discussion | 我们需要继续讨论 |
[28:58] | of Lord Dudley’s qualifications? | 达德利阁下的任职吗 |
[29:02] | Yes. Let’s. | 好的 可以 |
[29:04] | It is my opinion that | 我认为 |
[29:05] | Lord Dudley is… not the man for the job. | 达德利阁下 不适合此职 |
[29:09] | He’s highly inexperienced | 他在处理国际关系方面 |
[29:11] | in international relations, | 很有经验 |
[29:12] | has a poor knowledge of French customs at court, | 但丝毫不了解法国宫廷传统 |
[29:15] | and has been unable to prove to his queen that | 而且也无法向女王证明 |
[29:17] | he possesses the finesse | 他具备 |
[29:18] | to complete such an essential peacekeeping mission. | 完成此项重要维和任务的资质 |
[29:21] | We’ll discuss alternative candidates | 我们将在明天的会议上 |
[29:23] | at tomorrow’s session. | 讨论新的大使人选 |
[29:24] | Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
[29:33] | You just belittled me in front of your entire court. | 你刚在所有朝臣面前贬低了我 |
[29:38] | Robert? | 罗伯特 |
[29:47] | I’m a pauper? Banished from court?! | 我成了贫民 被驱逐出宫廷了 |
[29:49] | I’m so sorry. I had no idea | 抱歉 我不知道 |
[29:51] | the council would punish you so harshly. | 内阁会做出这么严厉的处罚 |
[29:53] | My husband’s livelihood is here. | 我丈夫生活在这里 |
[29:55] | He’ll be forced to start over with no title, no lands. | 而他将被迫白手起家 没有头衔没有土地 |
[29:58] | Elizabeth, you promised to protect me. | 伊丽莎白 你承诺过要保护我的 |
[30:00] | And I tried my best. | 我已经尽力了 |
[30:02] | Take comfort in the fact | 换个角度想想吧 |
[30:03] | that you’ve helped your country avoid an international | 你帮助国家避免了国际冲突 |
[30:06] | powder keg and saved your friend’s skin. | 也保存了朋友的脸面 |
[30:08] | I lied because you needed me to | 我之所以撒谎 是因为你的需要 |
[30:09] | but also because I had no real choice, did I? | 也是因为我其实并没有选择的余地 不是吗 |
[30:12] | There’s always a choice. | 选择一直都有 |
[30:16] | I’ll recant. | 我要撤回供词 |
[30:21] | I’ll tell the truth. | 我要说出真相 |
[30:23] | I’ll say that you forced me to take the fall for your mistake. | 我要说是你逼我当你的替罪羊 |
[30:27] | Please… don’t do this, not you. | 不 别这样 你不能这样 |
[30:30] | What choice do I have? | 那我还有什么选择呢 |
[30:34] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[30:36] | You don’t deserve any of this. | 你不应该承受这些 |
[30:38] | I’ll see to it that you and Lord Barlow have | 我会保证你和巴罗阁下 |
[30:40] | all the gold you need to start over. | 有足够的金钱白手起家 |
[30:42] | The council never need know. | 内阁不会知道的 |
[30:44] | But you shouldn’t linger at court a moment longer. | 但你得尽快离开宫廷 |
[30:47] | Thank you, Your Majesty. | 谢谢 陛下 |
[30:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:59] | Lady Donatella is making her way back to her chambers. | 多纳泰拉夫人现在要回房 |
[31:03] | Tell the guards to arrest her at once. | 让卫兵立马逮捕她 |
[31:07] | She’s threatened the Queen of England, | 她威胁了英格兰女王 |
[31:08] | and is guilty of treason. | 犯了叛国罪 |
[31:10] | Do see to it that the tower permits her to keep her head. | 务必办清楚 留着她的脑袋 |
[31:20] | – Where’s Francis? – Resting. | -弗朗西斯在哪 -在休息 |
[31:21] | Today took too much out of him. | 他今天累着了 |
[31:23] | You’re going to have to do this by yourself. | 这事你得自己来做 |
[31:26] | Come with me. Please. | 和我一起吧 求你了 |
[31:30] | Is it true? | 真的吗 |
[31:32] | Did I order the assassination of an entire family? | 我送的消息是命令他们去杀了一个家族吗 |
[31:35] | You should never have known about this. | 你不该知道这个 |
[31:37] | I was trying to protect you without burdening | 我本想保护你 |
[31:39] | – your sweet young conscience. – By slaughtering | -保护你善良的内心 -通过屠杀 |
[31:42] | an entire line. | 一整个家族 |
[31:43] | I was protecting you. | 我是在保护你 |
[31:45] | The Bourbons must die. | 波旁皇族必须死 |
[31:48] | I would have been responsible for the deaths of babies. | 我差点害死小婴儿 |
[31:50] | To eliminate a succession threat, a family tree | 要除去皇位继承人的威胁 |
[31:53] | must be pulled out from its roots. | 必须将家族之树连根拔起 |
[31:55] | And that means children, | 那就意味着除掉孩子们 |
[31:57] | – no matter how unpalatable. – Do you have any memories | -无论你有多难以接受 -你还记得 |
[31:59] | of being ushered from your chambers in the middle of the night? | 半夜被带出自己的房间吗 |
[32:02] | Packed into a guarded room with your brothers and sisters, | 和你的兄弟姐妹挤在守卫森严的房间里 |
[32:04] | forced to play quietly for no apparent reason? | 不明原因 被告知不得出声 |
[32:07] | Or perhaps you heard | 或者 你是否听说了 |
[32:08] | about the siege that was waged against us | 就在最近 对我们发起的围攻 |
[32:11] | just recently. Do you know who’s responsible | 你知道是谁对最近的 |
[32:13] | – for that near coup? – I warn you. | -这一次政变负责吗 -我警告你 |
[32:15] | We are doing our best to allow you to keep your head. | 我们已经尽力留着你的脑袋了 |
[32:19] | Our own castle has been under attack, | 我们的城堡被攻击 |
[32:21] | and my children have been threatened. | 我孩子们的生命受到威胁 |
[32:22] | And that is how far the Bourbons are willing to go | 那就是因为波旁皇族想 |
[32:24] | to take out our line and to take our power. | 除掉我们 夺走我们的权力 |
[32:27] | Maybe they would kill us all. | 也许他们会杀掉我们 |
[32:31] | – That doesn’t make it right. – Who cares | -但这事仍然不对 -如果人都死了 |
[32:33] | about right or wrong if you’re dead? | 谁还会在乎对还是错呢 |
[32:43] | He knows I speak the truth. | 他知道我说的是真相 |
[32:45] | You’ve lost, Mary. | 你输了 玛丽 |
[32:49] | I’ve just been to your chambers. | 我刚去了你房间 |
[32:51] | I needed to make sure that Catherine | 我要确保凯瑟琳 |
[32:53] | hadn’t left any more surprises. | 没再给你留什么惊喜 |
[32:56] | But you’re safe. | 但你安全了 |
[32:58] | We are safe. | 我们安全了 |
[33:01] | So many people, even my closest friends, | 很多人 甚至我最亲密的朋友 |
[33:04] | see only one side of you. | 只看得到你的一面 |
[33:06] | But I’ve seen something different, something I need. | 但我看到了你的另一面 我所需要的东西 |
[33:09] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[33:11] | There’s more than a fleeting affair between us. | 我们之间不仅有短暂的情愫 |
[33:14] | Stephan, | 斯特凡 |
[33:16] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[33:18] | And I want it all. | 我想和你结合 |
[33:20] | We will find our way to a true union somehow. | 我们会找到合适的方法的 |
[33:24] | Marriage? | 结婚吗 |
[33:25] | – Has Francis changed his mind? – No. | -弗朗西斯改主意了吗 -不 |
[33:28] | But if you can just be patient, | 但如果你有耐心的话 |
[33:31] | trust me, | 相信我 |
[33:33] | I promise we’ll both get what we want. | 我保证我们都会得偿所愿 |
[33:46] | Stop. | 行了 |
[33:48] | I won’t be needing you to pay any more visits | 我不需要你再来 |
[33:50] | to Lady Lola’s chamber. | 萝拉小姐的房间了 |
[33:55] | I’ve got what I wanted. | 我已经得到想要的了 |
[33:58] | Now it’s time to become the man who deserves it. | 现在是时候在自己身上下功夫了 |
[34:03] | The Queen of England herself has dubbed me a highly | 英格兰女王亲自判我为 |
[34:05] | inexperienced fool. The other nobles | 无知的傻子 其他贵族 |
[34:08] | are questioning my mere presence on the council. | 甚至在质疑我进内阁的资格 |
[34:10] | I lost a friend today, someone I’ve known since we were girls! | 我今天失去了一个朋友 我的发小 |
[34:13] | I can’t lose you, too. | 我不能连你也失去了 |
[34:15] | To France. To an advancement. | 那就让我去法国 给我晋升 |
[34:18] | I did it for us, | 我这么做都是为了我们 |
[34:20] | to keep you here. | 为了让你留下来 |
[34:21] | Because that’s what you want. | 因为这是你想要的 |
[34:23] | You took what you want without a thought for my reputation, | 你为了一己私欲 丝毫不顾我的名誉 |
[34:27] | for my future. | 我的未来 |
[34:30] | I can’t do this anymore, Elizabeth. | 我受不了了 伊丽莎白 |
[34:33] | I can raise your station, | 我可以用其他的方法 |
[34:34] | by other means, in ways | 抬高你的身份 |
[34:36] | no one can defy. I just need time. | 无人再敢藐视你 我只是需要点时间 |
[34:39] | Is this even a promise you believe? | 你自己相信自己的承诺吗 |
[34:44] | Sometimes I wonder. | 有时我很怀疑 |
[34:46] | It’s not my promises that are the problem. | 问题不在于我的承诺 |
[34:49] | It’s the one you made when you married your wife. | 而是你娶妻时所许下的那一个承诺 |
[34:53] | Your station we can deal with, | 你的身份很好解决 |
[34:56] | but what do we do about Amy? | 但艾米怎么办 |
[34:59] | Admit it. | 承认吧 |
[35:01] | You focus on all the other obstacles, | 你之所以在意所有其他的阻碍 |
[35:03] | because you have created the greatest one! | 只因你制造了最大的那个 |
[35:06] | It’s true. But after the hundredth time you said we would | 没错 但在你说了上百次我们无法结婚之后 |
[35:10] | never marry, I wed another. | 我只能娶了别人 |
[35:12] | And Amy’s not going anywhere, is she? | 你不会动艾米吧 对吗 |
[35:14] | I don’t know. | 这我可不知道 |
[35:16] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[35:18] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[35:20] | Be careful what you say, | 注意你所说的话 |
[35:25] | what you want. | 你想要的东西 |
[36:18] | Where have you been? | 你去哪了 |
[36:20] | The nursery. | 育儿房 |
[36:22] | The Bourbons are our enemies. I believe that. | 波旁皇族是我们的敌人 我相信这一点 |
[36:25] | Do you know who else might be considered a usurper? | 你知道谁还可能成为篡位者吗 |
[36:28] | John, the King’s illegitimate son. | 约翰 国王的私生子 |
[36:30] | Bash, our brother. | 巴斯 我们的哥哥 |
[36:32] | Should we kill them, too? | 我们也需要杀了他们吗 |
[36:33] | What’s right and wrong does matter to me. | 对还是错我无所谓 |
[36:36] | I thought I could trust our mother. | 我之前认为能够信任母亲 |
[36:38] | That maybe you’d overreached | 也许你是受了蒙骗 |
[36:39] | by tossing her in that cell. | 才将她打入监牢 |
[36:41] | She’s not the mother I thought she was. | 但她不是我心目中的那个母亲了 |
[36:43] | She can’t be a mother at all. | 她根本称不上是个母亲 |
[36:45] | Not-not to a King. | 何况是国王的母亲 |
[36:47] | Secure your rule by building up your nation | 用心建设你的国家来确保自己的统治地位 |
[36:50] | rather than cutting down your rivals, | 远比除掉竞争对手更有用 |
[36:53] | and you will make France want you as her leader. | 这样法国人民自然会爱戴你 |
[36:56] | Your brother has already set this example. | 你哥哥已经给你树立了榜样 |
[36:58] | Let me help you follow it. | 让我帮你延续下去吧 |
[37:01] | I would be honored if you would agree to be my wife. | 若你同意成为我的妻子 那将是我的荣幸 |
[37:04] | And this time I mean it. | 这次我是认真的 |
[37:06] | The honor is mine. | 是我的荣幸 |
[37:20] | He’s going to need you, Mary. | 他会需要你的 玛丽 |
[37:23] | Is this really happening? | 真的要这样吗 |
[37:26] | Am I really planning a life, | 我真的在计划一个 |
[37:28] | a future without you? | 没有你的未来吗 |
[37:39] | Who’s there? | 谁 |
[37:43] | Trouble sleeping? | 睡不着吗 |
[37:44] | I won’t remind you why. | 不用我说是因为什么吧 |
[37:46] | I don’t wish to be the target of your working man’s wrath. | 我不想当你发泄怒火的对象 |
[37:50] | Not again. | 再也不想了 |
[37:50] | I went looking for your blanket, | 我去找你的毯子了 |
[37:53] | to no avail. | 结果没找到 |
[37:54] | Frederick, the old steward, | 老管家弗雷德里克 |
[37:56] | told me it was a gift from King Henry. | 告诉我那是亨利国王送你的礼物 |
[37:58] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我呢 |
[38:00] | I heard you talking with Charles. | 我听到你和查尔斯的谈话了 |
[38:02] | I know Francis is dying. | 我知道弗朗西斯快死了 |
[38:03] | – You mustn’t tell anyone. – I won’t. | -不能告诉别人 -我不会的 |
[38:06] | Francis is my friend. | 弗朗西斯是我的朋友 |
[38:08] | His secrets will always be safe with me, | 我会替他保密 |
[38:11] | but I know that losing him leaves you vulnerable. | 但我知道 失去他你会变得很脆弱 |
[38:14] | My father always promised me I could marry for love. | 我父亲一直向我保证我可以嫁给我爱的人 |
[38:17] | In the end, I suppose | 结果 我想 |
[38:18] | he wasn’t much of a father at all. | 他根本没尽到父亲的职责 |
[38:20] | He was ill, Claude. | 他那时候病了 克劳德 |
[38:21] | – He went mad. – Yes. But… | -他疯了 -没错 但是… |
[38:24] | I try to remember a time when he doted on me, | 我回想他宠爱我的日子 |
[38:28] | when I was his favorite. | 那时候他最喜欢我 |
[38:29] | I was protected. | 保护我 |
[38:32] | Now there’s… | 而现在… |
[38:34] | no one left to protect me. | 没人能保护我 |
[38:37] | I’ll stay here until you drift off. | 等你睡了我再走 |
[38:42] | For as long as it takes. | 无论多久都行 |
[38:51] | I can’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[38:53] | But maybe if you talk to me. | 你可以和我聊天 |
[38:55] | Talk? | 聊天 |
[38:59] | Surely the banalities of your daily life | 你每天无聊的日子 |
[39:02] | are enough to make anyone drowsy. | 可能能让人昏昏欲睡 |
[39:08] | I need you, Nicholas. | 我需要你 尼古拉斯 |
[39:09] | I’ve retired from your service. | 我已经不为你服务了 |
[39:18] | When I rewarded you for your allegiance, | 当我嘉奖你的忠诚之时 |
[39:20] | I’d hoped it would inspire you to more. | 以为那能鼓舞你为我更尽心力 |
[39:22] | I suppose I’d had my fill of lying. | 我以为我的谎已经撒得够多了 |
[39:25] | A luxury a Queen can never afford. | 女王可永远无法保证这一点 |
[39:28] | But now I need an operative with your special skills. | 但现在我需要你的特殊技巧 |
[39:32] | What do you want from me? | 你想让我做什么 |
[39:34] | You have a talent for espionage | 你很擅长刺探情报 |
[39:37] | and can still fit in with the most erudite at court. | 在宫廷里左右逢源 |
[39:40] | Queen Mary will trust you. | 玛丽女王会信任你的 |
[39:43] | France? | 去法国吗 |
[39:45] | Pack your things. | 去收拾行李吧 |
[39:47] | I’ve appointed you the new English ambassador. | 我任命你为新的英格兰大使 |
[40:03] | I came to tell you another of your sons has eagerly agreed | 我是来告诉你 你的另一个儿子已经 |
[40:06] | to take me as his queen, | 迫不及待地同意我成为他的王后了 |
[40:08] | through no agenda of his own, | 他没有自己的主意 |
[40:10] | merely a desire for my counsel, despite your best efforts. | 只是想听我的意见 你的努力白费了 |
[40:14] | A traitor should always pay with their life. | 叛徒总要偿命的 |
[40:16] | But Francis was forced to kill one parent. | 但弗朗西斯已经被迫杀了自己的父亲 |
[40:19] | No one could ask him to endure the pain | 他无法再忍受 |
[40:20] | of being responsible for the death of another. | 结束母亲生命之痛 |
[40:23] | How charitable of you, daughter. | 你可真慈悲啊 儿媳 |
[40:25] | Charles is impressionable. | 查尔斯是可塑之才 |
[40:27] | He values the advice of those he trusts. | 他会听从所信之人的意见 |
[40:30] | One might make the case | 他的可信之人可能会告诉他 |
[40:31] | that dispatching you would be for the good of the realm. | 除掉你对王国才是最好的 |
[40:34] | And our young king might be more willing than Francis | 而我们年轻的国王应该会比弗朗西斯 |
[40:37] | to make that most terrible of sacrifices. | 更愿意做出这个惨痛的牺牲 |
[40:41] | I want to talk to Francis. Now. | 我要见弗朗西斯 马上 |
[40:44] | Don’t think of crossing us again. | 别想再挑拨我们 |
[40:47] | Do you hear me? | 你听到没 |
[40:48] | I want my son! | 我要我的儿子 |
[40:52] | I want to see the King now! | 我要见国王 |
[40:57] | I want the King! | 我要见国王 |