时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | We can never be together. | 我们永远也无法在一起 |
[00:05] | Leith! | 利思 |
[00:08] | Claude! | 克劳德 |
[00:08] | Her fear of me actually helped you land her? | 她对我的恐惧帮你达成所愿 |
[00:11] | Admit it, Stephan. | 承认吧 斯特凡 |
[00:12] | – I did no such thing. – You and I are so alike. | -我没干这事 -你和我很像 |
[00:15] | You’ll miss me, she’ll judge you, | 你会想我的 她会评判你 |
[00:17] | and in so doing miss the best parts of you. | 而那时 你就会想念你最好的一面 |
[00:20] | Francis. | 弗朗西斯 |
[00:23] | Promise me that you’ll stay in France | 向我保证 在未来的国王安全之前 |
[00:24] | until the future king is safe | 在我母亲当上摄政王之前 |
[00:27] | and my mother is secured as regent. | 你要留在法国 |
[00:29] | I will, I promise. I promise. | 我会的我会的 我保证 |
[00:33] | Francis’ death leaves Mary alone and vulnerable. | 弗朗西斯的死让玛丽无依无靠又不堪一击 |
[00:57] | Francis’ horse is magnificent. | 弗朗西斯的马真是神骏 |
[01:00] | Yes, he is. | 的确 |
[01:02] | It’s been three weeks, | 已经过去三周了 |
[01:04] | but I still have to remind myself each morning | 但我每天早上都得提醒自己 |
[01:06] | that he’s gone, that I am king. | 他走了 我是国王了 |
[01:09] | I envied the bond you two shared. | 我羡慕你俩之间的纽带 |
[01:11] | I came to Francis as a brother, | 我是作为哥哥来找弗朗西斯的 |
[01:13] | free from politics or agenda. | 摆脱了政治或者议程 |
[01:16] | A king needs that kind of support. | 国王需要这种支持 |
[01:19] | I’d like to be a brother to you, too. | 我也想做你的哥哥 |
[01:21] | Sebastian. | 塞巴斯蒂安 |
[01:23] | Lord Grenier. | 格雷尼尔勋爵 |
[01:24] | How’s the harvest season treating your grapes? | 现在是收获的季节 你的葡萄怎么样了 |
[01:26] | We’ve enjoyed a cool autumn. | 我们享受了凉爽的秋天 |
[01:28] | The castle’s collective thirst | 城堡里的各位 |
[01:30] | should be quenched for another year. | 今年又可以大快朵颐了 |
[01:31] | How was the ride? | 骑马怎么样 |
[01:32] | We took the shortcut just west of the river as you suggested. | 如你建议 我们走了河西的捷径 |
[01:35] | Wonderful. | 真棒 |
[01:36] | Tomorrow I shall take you out myself. | 明天我自己带你出去 |
[01:38] | I’m not sure that’s appropriate. | 我不确定这是否合适 |
[01:40] | I don’t see why not. | 我不明白为什么不合适 |
[01:42] | I am a member of the king’s Privy Council. | 我是国王枢密院的成员 |
[01:44] | But it’s customary to suspend government business | 但习俗是暂停政府事务 |
[01:46] | until after the coronation. | 直到加冕礼之后 |
[01:47] | I would hardly call this business. | 这根本不算事务 |
[01:52] | He has an impressive pedigree. | 它有高贵的血统 |
[01:55] | There’s not a fox in France | 法国没有一只狐狸 |
[01:57] | that can match the speed of this dog. | 能比得上这条狗的速度 |
[01:59] | – What’s his name? – That’s entirely up to you. | -它叫什么名字 -你来定 |
[02:01] | A gift from the Council. | 这是枢密院的礼物 |
[02:03] | In hopes of expressing our eagerness to work together. | 表示我们迫切想与你共事的意愿 |
[02:08] | I’m heading out for a hunt. | 我要去捕猎了 |
[02:09] | Shall we see what he can do? | 来看看它的能力吧 |
[02:11] | Another time. | 下次吧 |
[02:12] | Your loss, brother. | 这是你的损失 哥哥 |
[02:19] | Has the Council begun discussing candidates for the regency? | 枢密院开始讨论摄政王的候选人了吗 |
[02:21] | My late brother had hoped Catherine de Medici | 我过世的哥哥希望凯瑟琳·德梅第奇 |
[02:23] | would be installed in the position. | 能担任摄政王 |
[02:25] | That’s of no concern to a king’s deputy. | 那不关国王副手的事 |
[02:27] | But thank you for looking out for Charles. | 但是多谢你照看查尔斯 |
[02:29] | We’re all in this together. | 我们同舟共济 |
[02:35] | Mary? | 玛丽 |
[02:36] | Francis’ things. | 弗朗西斯的东西 |
[02:38] | Where would you like them? | 你想放在哪里 |
[02:44] | Consult with the steward | 去咨询管家 |
[02:45] | and find a place to store the king’s clothes. | 找到一个安放国王衣服的地方 |
[02:47] | Nothing should be disposed of without my knowledge. | 任何东西处理前都得跟我报告 |
[02:52] | Wait. | 等等 |
[02:54] | Not that one. | 这个不用 |
[02:57] | Francis wore it at our wedding. | 这是弗朗西斯在我们的婚礼上穿的 |
[03:03] | Off with you. | 你走吧 |
[03:04] | All of you, now. | 你们都走 |
[03:08] | Greer, I’m fine. | 葛瑞尔 我没事 |
[03:09] | Mary, you’re not fine. | 玛丽 你不好 |
[03:11] | You just lost the man you love, | 你刚失去了你爱的男人 |
[03:13] | and now they’re moving you to a lesser room. | 现在他们要让你去更小的房间了 |
[03:14] | Treating the queen of Scotland like she’s… | 对待苏格兰女王像是… |
[03:16] | An outsider? | 局外人吗 |
[03:19] | That’s because I am. | 因为我就是 |
[03:20] | Greer, it’s been three weeks since Francis died. | 葛瑞尔 弗朗西斯去世三周了 |
[03:24] | I may still be a queen, | 我也许还是女王 |
[03:26] | but I am no longer the queen of France. | 但我不再是法国王后了 |
[03:30] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[03:32] | I think we have a problem. | 我们有麻烦了 |
[03:34] | Catherine’s still not herself, | 凯瑟琳依然很消沉 |
[03:35] | when she most needs to be. | 而此时形势最需要她 |
[03:37] | Catherine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[03:39] | It’s well past noon. | 已经过了正午 |
[03:42] | Helene says you haven’t left your chambers. | 海琳说你还没离开你的房间 |
[03:44] | I wake with the sun. | 太阳一升起我就醒了 |
[03:46] | I do every day. | 每天我都这样 |
[03:47] | I wash and I dress. | 我洗漱 然后穿衣服 |
[03:50] | Perhaps you would find some comfort in the music room, | 也许你能在音乐室获得慰藉 |
[03:52] | practicing virginals, or the chapel. | 弹奏维金纳琴 或者去教堂 |
[03:55] | How can I pray to a god | 我确定上帝听不见我的话 |
[03:56] | when I’m certain he does not hear me? | 还怎么向他祈祷 |
[03:58] | We are all lost right now. | 我们现在都很迷茫 |
[04:00] | But we must try to remember that Francis | 但我们必须记得弗朗西斯 |
[04:02] | saw a future for all of us. | 为我们预见了未来 |
[04:04] | And yours was bright and powerful as regent. | 你的未来是作为摄政王的光明前途 |
[04:07] | While you’ve been distracted by your grief, | 当你因为悲伤而分心时 |
[04:08] | the Privy Council has been meeting without you. | 枢密院在私下开会 |
[04:10] | Three times in the last week. | 上周开了三次 |
[04:12] | Charles is too young to rule or fend for himself… | 查尔斯太年轻了 无法统治国家或者照料自己 |
[04:15] | and you are the queen mother. | 你是皇太后 |
[04:17] | Until the Privy Council elects a new regent, | 在枢密院选举摄政王之前 |
[04:19] | you must be present | 你必须参加 |
[04:20] | for all transitional government assemblies. | 所有过渡期间的政府会议 |
[04:23] | They have another candidate? | 他们有了另一个候选人吗 |
[04:24] | And the vote is only weeks away. | 只有几周就要投票了 |
[04:25] | Lord Grenier has been cozying up to Charles, | 格雷尼尔勋爵在奉承查尔斯 |
[04:28] | wooing him with gifts. | 用礼物争取他 |
[04:29] | Whoever wins will need Charles’ support. | 获胜者会需要查尔斯的支持 |
[04:31] | Lord Grenier knows that a king and his regent | 格雷尼尔勋爵知道国王和摄政王 |
[04:33] | can’t work together without an established trust. | 如果没有建立信任就无法合作 |
[04:35] | We think Grenier is angling himself for the position. | 我们觉得格雷尼尔在毛遂自荐 |
[04:38] | Why do you want to help me? | 你为什么想帮我 |
[04:39] | The first thing I would do | 作为摄政王 |
[04:40] | as regent is pull the French troops from Scotland, | 我要做的第一件事就是从苏格兰撤军 |
[04:44] | end the reckless war | 结束弗朗西斯纯粹 |
[04:46] | that Francis sustained purely out of his love for you. | 因为爱你而维持的鲁莽战争 |
[04:50] | My election could mean the end of your nation. | 我的选举可能意味着苏格兰的灭亡 |
[04:54] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[04:55] | I have no power in France, | 我在法国没有权力 |
[04:56] | I am widowed and alone. | 我是寡妇 无依无靠 |
[05:00] | But I am staying to fight for your future | 但我还是留下来想为你挣一个光明的未来 |
[05:03] | because I made my husband a promise. | 这只是因为我许诺了我丈夫 |
[05:05] | Francis forgave you because he knew | 弗朗西斯原谅了你是因为 |
[05:07] | you were the only choice for regent, | 他知道你是摄政王的唯一人选 |
[05:09] | one who could secure his brother’s reign. | 只有你可以守护他弟弟的王位 |
[05:11] | There’s not a single noble on the council | 枢密院中任何一位贵族 |
[05:13] | that’d be willing to vote for me. | 都不会投票给我 |
[05:15] | Not yet. | 不能如此下定论 |
[05:17] | But you cannot lose this battle. | 但你不能轻易认输 |
[05:20] | Catherine, please, | 凯瑟琳 求你了 |
[05:21] | no one is more focused than you are | 不会有人能比你更尽心 |
[05:23] | on keeping Charles on that throne. | 维护查尔斯的王位了 |
[05:26] | You must claim what is yours, for your sons. | 你必须为了你儿子登上摄政王之位 |
[05:33] | She destroyed it? | 她毁了这一切 |
[05:35] | That accord was a mutual agreement between nations for peace. | 那个协议必须是两国同意休战以求和平 |
[05:40] | And in exchange, Mary agreed | 作为交换 玛丽必须同意 |
[05:41] | to give up her claim to my throne. | 放弃其对我王位的所有权 |
[05:46] | But now her husband is dead, her power diminished. | 但现在她丈夫死了 她权利被削弱 |
[05:50] | She’ll never relinquish her right to my crown. | 她绝不会放弃攫取我王位的权利 |
[05:52] | A widowed Mary is less of a threat than ever. | 作为一个寡妇 玛丽不足为惧 |
[05:54] | For now. | 只是暂时 |
[05:56] | But a widowed Mary is also a wild card. | 但作为一个寡妇 玛丽也令人捉摸不透 |
[05:58] | She could return home, | 她可以回苏格兰 |
[05:59] | bolstering Scotland or seek a new marriage alliance. | 支持她的祖国或者寻求一个新的联姻 |
[06:02] | Had you succeeded, my rule would be protected. | 一旦你成功了 我的统治就会得以巩固 |
[06:05] | Instead, my cousin remains a threat to me forever. | 若非如此 我的表亲就是我永远的威胁 |
[06:09] | Mary’s ability to bewitch men is well known. | 玛丽迷惑男人的本领可是众所皆知的 |
[06:15] | I’ve never given you reason to doubt my loyalty. | 你完全无需质疑我的忠诚 |
[06:18] | No. | 是啊 |
[06:20] | Not until now. | 目前为止不用 |
[06:21] | I’m calling an emergency session of the council. | 我要召集枢密院开紧急会议 |
[06:25] | My troops will march on Linlithgow immediately. | 我的军队要立即进军林利斯戈 |
[06:28] | Linlithgow. | 林利斯戈 |
[06:30] | Mary’s birthplace? | 玛丽的出生地吗 |
[06:33] | I hope you don’t feel too sorry for her. | 希望你不要同情她 |
[06:39] | So, has Lord Dudley returned to court? | 达德利勋爵回宫了吗 |
[06:41] | No, Your Majesty. | 没有 女王陛下 |
[06:43] | He remains at his family home in Norfolk | 他还待在他诺福克老家那儿 |
[06:44] | and ignores our every summons. | 我们每次传召他他都不予理睬 |
[06:46] | And you made it clear I must see him? | 你有说明我必须见他吗 |
[06:48] | As his queen? | 以女王的身份 |
[06:49] | Our last visit found his wife unattended. | 我们上次去发现她的妻子无人照料 |
[06:51] | Sir Robert is away on business at the coast. | 罗伯特勋爵还在海边处理事务 |
[06:57] | Perhaps I extended my invitation to the wrong Dudley. | 也许我邀请错了人 |
[07:07] | I’ve asked you here | 我让你过来 |
[07:08] | because I’m in need of your services | 是因为我需要你的服务 |
[07:09] | in a new position at court. | 我给你在宫中安排了一个新职务 |
[07:11] | Keeper of the Swans. | 天鹅看守人 |
[07:12] | It will require you return to your rooms at the castle permanently. | 这需要你永远待在宫廷 |
[07:15] | I’ve heard swans are vicious, awful creatures. | 我听说天鹅又凶又恶毒 |
[07:18] | What is it that makes me qualified | 你怎么觉得我能胜任 |
[07:20] | for such a distinguished title? | 这项如此尊贵的职务 |
[07:25] | How did you make him come back to you? | 你怎么让他回到你身边的 |
[07:28] | I am his wife. | 我是他的妻子 |
[07:30] | We’re bound by God. | 上帝将我们牵连在一起 |
[07:31] | He loves it here at court. | 他喜欢宫廷的生活 |
[07:32] | His life is here at court, | 他就应该在宫廷里 |
[07:34] | not on some family farm he cares little about. | 而非某个他毫不关心的家族农场 |
[07:36] | What did you say to him, Amy, | 你对他说了什么 玛丽 |
[07:39] | to convince him to leave? | 你是怎么说服他离开这里的 |
[07:41] | I’m sure he’ll tell you himself. | 我相信他会亲自告诉你的 |
[07:43] | That’s why I’m here, isn’t it? | 你找我来就是为了这个 对吗 |
[07:44] | Because I can’t turn down a position given by my queen. | 因为我无法拒绝女王给我的工作 |
[07:46] | And as my husband, at some point Robert will have to return. | 而作为我的丈夫 罗伯特必须跟我一起回来 |
[07:50] | To me. | 回到我身边 |
[07:52] | To you. | 回到你身边 |
[07:55] | Welcome home, Amy. | 欢迎回来 艾米 |
[08:06] | – My Grace. – Majesty. | -陛下 -陛下 |
[08:07] | Catherine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[08:09] | My condolences. | 致以我最诚挚的哀悼 |
[08:10] | I don’t need your condolences, I need your cooperation. | 我不需要你们的哀悼 我需要你们的合作 |
[08:13] | My son is a child, but he is still your king, | 我儿子还是个孩子 但仍是你们的国王 |
[08:15] | and he should be represented here. | 应该有人代表他站在这里 |
[08:17] | Well, this meeting is merely informal. | 这次会面并非正式的 |
[08:20] | The council can’t make any political decisions | 直到选出新的摄政王之前 |
[08:22] | until a new regent is elected. | 枢密院无法做出任何政治决策 |
[08:24] | Then why gather at all? | 那为何还要聚集在一起呢 |
[08:31] | Either I am a fragile, wilting female | 要么我就是个又脆弱又老的哀伤女人 |
[08:34] | meant only to mourn, or a power-grabbing harpy. | 要么就是我是个只知道攫取权利的女巫 |
[08:38] | Lord Grenier seemed very confident, | 格雷尼尔勋爵看起来很自信 |
[08:40] | as if he’d already won, | 仿佛他已经胜券在握了一般 |
[08:41] | even though the vote is still weeks away. | 可是截止投票还有好几周呢 |
[08:43] | Why? | 为什么 |
[08:44] | He recently sold off one of his most profitable vineyards. | 他最近卖掉了他一座最挣钱的葡萄园 |
[08:48] | Perhaps he’s using the money to bribe the council. | 也许他是在用钱贿赂枢密院成员 |
[08:53] | Grenier wants to see to it that I have no power at court. | 格雷尼尔想确保我在枢密院中没有一丝权力 |
[08:56] | And right now, he and the nobles have the upper hand. | 现在 他和贵族们占据了上风 |
[08:59] | Mary, Francis was wrong to burden you with my future. | 玛丽 弗朗西斯不该让你为我的未来负责 |
[09:03] | Can’t you see that I’ve lost? | 你看不出来吗 我已经输了 |
[09:05] | Failing Francis is not an option. | 我不会让弗朗西斯失望的 |
[09:09] | If you can’t fight, | 如果你无法与他们抗争 |
[09:10] | then I will fight them for you. | 那就让我替你来抗争 |
[09:18] | I missed you. | 我好想你 |
[09:21] | I wish I could have been at your side at the funeral. | 真希望葬礼上我能在你身边 |
[09:24] | Catherine deserved the time to mourn her son | 凯瑟琳应当好好哀悼她的儿子 |
[09:26] | without my throwing our happy marriage in her face. | 我们不该在她面前炫耀我们结婚的喜悦 |
[09:29] | That doesn’t mean I’m not still anxious about her coming after us. | 但这不意味着我不烦恼她一直缠着我们了 |
[09:33] | Well, the land deals I’ve made | 我的土地买卖 |
[09:36] | to secure a seat on the council are almost finalized, | 已经能确保枢密院的一席成员之位了 |
[09:39] | so… soon. | 所以 很快就不用担心了 |
[09:43] | Stephan, we’ve already wasted half the day. | 斯特凡 我们已经浪费了半天了 |
[09:47] | Well, I would not call time spent in pursuit | 我可不会将这种花在满足 |
[09:50] | of mutual carnal satisfaction a waste. | 我们双方肉欲上的时间称作浪费 |
[09:55] | Tell me, do you have any fantasies? | 告诉我 你有没有什么幻想 |
[09:59] | None that come to mind. | 一时想不出 |
[10:02] | – Do you? – Of course. | -你有吗 -当然了 |
[10:04] | “Of course”? What do you mean, “Of course?” | 当然 当然是什么意思 |
[10:05] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[10:07] | They all involve you, my beautiful wife. | 这些幻想都是关于你的 我美丽的妻子 |
[10:11] | Perhaps it’s time we broadened our erotic horizons. | 也许我们该在性事上更开放一些了 |
[10:16] | We had a somewhat non-traditional courtship, | 我们间求爱的过程没走寻常路 |
[10:19] | and I think part of that is what intrigued you. | 我觉得就是因为这样才吸引了你 |
[10:23] | And now we’re married, which is excitement enough. | 而我们现在结婚了 这就够刺激了 |
[10:26] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[10:29] | – Show me. – Show you? | -展示给我看 -展示给你看 |
[10:33] | You want something from me, take it. | 你对我有所求的话就自己来取 |
[10:36] | Be the aggressor. I think you’ll quite like it. | 来侵犯我 我觉得你会很喜欢的 |
[10:41] | I think it would make me feel a bit… | 我觉得那会让我觉得有点… |
[10:43] | – Yes? – Masculine. | -什么 -太男性化 |
[10:46] | A bit like a working girl even. | 有点像应召女郎 |
[10:49] | After a long day of cajoling other nobles, | 我辛苦哄骗了贵族们一整天 |
[10:52] | taking what I can, building our fortune… | 竭尽所能谋划我们的未来… |
[10:57] | I come home to you exhausted, Lola, | 一身疲惫回到家 萝拉 |
[11:01] | and it would be nice to know, on occasion, | 要是我能知道 你偶尔 |
[11:04] | that you want me as much as I want you. | 也像我渴望你一样渴望我就好了 |
[11:07] | I do. | 我的确渴望你 |
[11:07] | I simply don’t feel comfortable with what you’re asking. | 只是你让我做的事让我不太舒服 |
[11:13] | Of course… my darling. | 当然 亲爱的 |
[11:25] | Elizabeth has taken Linlithgow. | 伊丽莎白占领了林利斯戈 |
[11:27] | How? | 怎么会 |
[11:29] | Well, the French forces were already outnumbered in the Northeast. | 东北部的法国士兵数量本就不敌英格兰 |
[11:33] | They didn’t have time to summon reinforcements. | 他们没有时间请求援兵 |
[11:35] | The generals are in a holding pattern until a new regent is elected. | 在选举出摄政王之前 将军们正在待命 |
[11:38] | – What will you do? – There’s nothing I can do. | -你要怎么做 -我什么也做不了 |
[11:40] | – I have no command over the French forces. – Then go home. | -法国军队不听我指挥 -那就回家吧 |
[11:43] | Mary, take back our country. | 玛丽 夺回我们的国家 |
[11:45] | I am bound to France for a reason. | 我留在法国是有原因的 |
[11:47] | Catherine needs me. | 凯瑟琳需要我 |
[11:49] | There is… another way. | 还有其他方法 |
[11:51] | There are suitors eager to court you– | 还有其他追求者想娶你 |
[11:54] | Charles of Austria, the Earl of Arran, | 奥地利的查尔斯 阿兰伯爵 |
[11:56] | even Prince Don Carlos of Spain. | 还有西班牙的唐·卡洛斯王子 |
[11:58] | You need funds to protect Scotland. | 你需要资金来保护苏格兰 |
[11:59] | Men are defined by their money, | 男人的地位是由钱决定的 |
[12:01] | and we both know that Spain has the most of it. | 而我们都清楚西班牙的钱最多 |
[12:05] | Don’t you think I know that an alliance is the best choice? | 你以为我不知道结盟是最好的选择吗 |
[12:09] | I’m just not ready to marry another man. | 我只是没准备好嫁给另一个男人 |
[12:11] | – I may never be. – You have to be. | -我可能永远做不到 -你必须嫁 |
[12:13] | Helping Catherine is noble, but it’s also an excuse | 帮助凯瑟琳是很高尚 但那也是 |
[12:16] | to put off the inevitable. | 你推脱责任的借口 |
[12:17] | Greer, what did you say about Don Carlos? | 葛瑞尔 你刚说唐·卡洛斯什么 |
[12:19] | That Spain is the wealthiest nation in Europe. | 西班牙是欧洲最富有的国家 |
[12:21] | And men are defined by their money. | 男人的地位是由钱决定的 |
[12:25] | You called for me, Princess? | 你找我 公主 |
[12:27] | I’d like to ride into the village tomorrow. | 我明天要去村子里 |
[12:29] | I’m told there’s a peasant’s shrine | 有人告诉我农民们 |
[12:30] | to my brother’s memory at the chapel. | 要在小教堂祭奠我哥哥 |
[12:33] | I’ll see that the carriage is ready. | 我会准备好马车 |
[12:36] | Good morning, Alexandra. | 早上好 亚历桑德拉 |
[12:39] | Is it? | 不好 |
[12:43] | What happened there? | 这是怎么了 |
[12:44] | The last time I saw you two together, | 上次我见你们俩在一起的时候 |
[12:45] | she was quite naked and keen on you. | 她可是一丝不挂相当喜欢你呢 |
[12:47] | Alexandra and I are finished. | 我和亚历桑德拉结束了 |
[12:49] | She said I was distracted, | 她说我的心不忠于她 |
[12:50] | sensed I had feelings for another… for you. | 感觉到我心里… 有你 |
[12:56] | These feelings might have been reciprocated, | 要不是我撞见你和别的女孩在一起 |
[13:00] | had I not walked in on you with another girl. | 我可能也对你有感觉 |
[13:01] | It’s just as well. | 这样也好 |
[13:03] | I have learned it is best to know my place. | 我已经懂得要清楚自己的身份 |
[13:06] | I am a kitchen servant | 我只是个 |
[13:06] | who a benevolent king took a liking to, nothing more. | 被善良的国王喜欢的厨房仆人 仅此而已 |
[13:09] | Leith, things are changing. | 利思 现在不一样了 |
[13:12] | France is changing. | 法国也不一样了 |
[13:13] | Even Francis wouldn’t have thought me worthy of a princess. | 就连弗朗西斯也不会认为我配得上公主 |
[13:17] | You’re right… and I’m sorry. | 你说的没错 对不起 |
[13:22] | But what if I could help? | 要是我能帮你呢 |
[13:23] | – There’s a girl coming to court. – Claude. No. | -有个女孩要来宫廷 -克劳德 别 |
[13:26] | The daughter of the alderman of Lyon. | 里昂市政官的女儿 |
[13:28] | Her family is just high enough. | 她的家世刚刚好 |
[13:29] | You are trying to arrange a union for me. | 你在给我牵线搭桥 |
[13:33] | Isn’t that a bit odd? | 这不会有点奇怪吗 |
[13:34] | It could raise your station. | 这能提升你的地位 |
[13:36] | Why do you want to help me? | 你为什么要帮我 |
[13:38] | Because you’re going to end up with someone. | 因为你总得娶妻子 |
[13:41] | Why not someone a step above, but within reach? | 为什么不找一个地位高又不显你高攀的人呢 |
[13:46] | There’s a reception next week | 下周会有个仪式 |
[13:47] | to welcome the alderman to court. | 欢迎市政官进宫 |
[13:50] | Come. We have work to do. | 走吧 我们还有得忙呢 |
[14:01] | Mary, what are you doing? | 玛丽 你在干什么 |
[14:03] | I was looking for something. | 我在找东西 |
[14:05] | Something that belonged to Francis. | 一个弗朗西斯的东西 |
[14:07] | I’m sorry. I know this is your study now. | 对不起 我知道这里现在是你的书房了 |
[14:10] | I’ve been looking for you everywhere. | 我一直在找你 |
[14:11] | There’s something you need to know about Lord Grenier. | 我有个关于格雷尼尔的事得告诉你 |
[14:14] | – Charles, I know you were fond of him. – Fond of him? | -查尔斯 我知道你喜欢他 -喜欢他 |
[14:17] | Grenier thinks I’m a child | 格雷尼尔觉得 |
[14:18] | whose allegiance can be bought with gifts. | 我是个用礼物就能收买的孩子 |
[14:20] | So you’re not going to support him for the regency? | 所以你不会支持他做摄政王 |
[14:24] | Charles, why didn’t you come to me? | 查尔斯 你怎么不来找我 |
[14:26] | I wanted to handle Grenier myself. | 我想自己搞定格雷尼尔 |
[14:29] | But I was wrong, Mary. | 但我错了 玛丽 |
[14:31] | – They’re moving up the vote for the regency. – What? | -他们要提前举行投票 -什么 |
[14:34] | – They can’t do that! – Yes, they can. | -他们无权那么做 -他们可以 |
[14:37] | Queen Elizabeth has taken Linlithgow. | 伊丽莎白女王占领了林利斯戈 |
[14:39] | But I can’t do anything, | 但没有摄政王 |
[14:40] | we can’t do anything, without a regent. | 我无能为力 我们无能为力 |
[14:43] | Hundreds of our men are dying. | 我们成百上千的士兵面临死亡 |
[14:44] | The vote is an emergency effort to get them home. | 这次投票是为了尽早让他们回家 |
[14:47] | And Lord Grenier has positioned himself as the front-runner. | 而格雷尼尔大人把自己作为了热门人选 |
[14:49] | He’s running on a platform of peace. | 他在以和平为名拉票 |
[14:52] | Grenier will pull every last French soldier from Scotland. | 格雷尼尔会让所有法国士兵撤出苏格兰 |
[14:55] | I know that’s not what you want to hear. | 我知道你不想听到这些 |
[14:57] | Charles, what I want is for Catherine to win that vote. | 查尔斯 我希望凯瑟琳获胜 |
[15:00] | What do you want? | 你希望什么 |
[15:02] | Francis was right. | 弗朗西斯没错 |
[15:03] | My mother is the only person who wants to be regent | 只有我母亲是为了保护我 维护我的统治 |
[15:06] | in order to protect me, my reign. | 而参选摄政王的人 |
[15:10] | She’s the one I need at my side. | 我需要她站在我这边 |
[15:12] | – Then we have to stop Grenier. – How?! | -那我们就得阻止格雷尼尔 -怎么阻止 |
[15:14] | I’m a king with no real power. | 我是个没有实权的挂名国王 |
[15:16] | But this is your study. | 但这是你的书房 |
[15:18] | And you do have access to all of the nobles’ bank records. | 你可以查到所有贵族的银行记录 |
[15:22] | That’s why I’m here. | 所以我才会过来 |
[15:24] | Lord Grenier recently sold his biggest vineyard. | 格雷尼尔最近卖掉了他最大的葡萄园 |
[15:26] | Why would he need that much money? | 他为什么需要那么一大笔钱 |
[15:28] | Help me find out. | 帮我查清楚 |
[15:35] | “Keeper of the Swans.” Really? | “天鹅看守人” 不是吧 |
[15:37] | I summoned Amy back because I knew you’d have to follow. | 我让艾米回来是因为我知道你会一起回来 |
[15:40] | Don’t you think I know that? | 你以为我不知道你的想法吗 |
[15:41] | Did you think I’d let you run away from me? | 你以为我会让你从我身边逃走吗 |
[15:43] | Recommit to your wife without explanation? | 毫无解释就回到妻子身边 |
[15:47] | Just let us go, Elizabeth. | 放我们走吧 伊丽莎白 |
[15:49] | Release Amy. | 放了艾米 |
[15:50] | I was ready to tell you Don Carlos is gone, | 我本来已经准备告诉你唐·卡洛斯已经走了 |
[15:53] | that I will never marry. | 我永远不会结婚 |
[15:54] | I thought that’s what you wanted, too. | 我以为这也是你所希望的 |
[15:57] | What did Amy do to change your mind? | 艾米做了什么让你回心转意 |
[15:59] | She knows about us. | 她知道我们的事 |
[16:01] | Of course she does. I told you that. | 当然了 这是我告诉你的 |
[16:02] | No, I told her that I love you. | 不 我告诉她我爱你 |
[16:05] | And she lashed out, accused you of taking other lovers. | 她发了疯 说你还有其他情人 |
[16:07] | She shamed me. | 她让我自觉羞愧 |
[16:09] | – All lies. – I couldn’t bare it. | -都是谎话 -我无法承受 |
[16:10] | And Elizabeth, I… | 伊丽莎白 我… |
[16:13] | I almost killed her. | 我差点就杀了她 |
[16:15] | I had my hands around her neck, and she forgave me for all of it. | 我掐住了她的脖子 但她全都原谅了 |
[16:18] | I can’t keep living in shame, Elizabeth. | 我无法活在羞愧中 伊丽莎白 |
[16:21] | I can’t keep wanting something that I will never really have. | 我不能一直渴望我根本无法真的拥有的东西 |
[16:26] | We are over. | 我们结束了 |
[16:29] | I won’t release you. | 我不会放你走 |
[16:30] | – You don’t have a choice. – Nor do you. | -你别无选择 -你亦如是 |
[16:32] | – You love me, Robert. – Stop it. | -你爱我 罗伯特 -住口 |
[16:33] | You nearly choked Amy because you hate her. | 你差点掐死艾米 因为你恨她 |
[16:36] | Her very existence means you can’t have me. | 她的存在意味着你无法拥有我 |
[16:39] | That’s not true. | 这不是真的 |
[16:40] | And you will hate her even more if you turn your back on us. | 若你背叛了我们 你会更恨她 |
[16:43] | You will die miserable. | 你会痛苦地死去 |
[16:44] | Miserable and alone. | 孤身一人痛苦而亡 |
[16:48] | And so will I. | 我也是 |
[16:56] | – We can’t do this. – Then tell me how to stop. | -我们不能这么做 -那就告诉我该如何停止 |
[17:17] | You’re back. | 你回来了 |
[17:19] | Yes. And I’ve sent for the rest of our things. | 是啊 我把其他东西都带来了 |
[17:21] | We are back because she commands it, because she is our queen. | 我们回来是因为她的命令 她是我们的女王 |
[17:26] | I know you’re not happy about it, Amy, | 我知道你不高兴 艾米 |
[17:28] | but I think it’s for best | 但我觉得我们还是 |
[17:28] | that we don’t discuss Elizabeth any further. | 不讨论伊丽莎白为好 |
[17:56] | Kindly untangle yourselves. | 你们快给我清理好 |
[17:58] | This room is off-limits to all servants, | 这地方仆人禁止入内 |
[18:01] | never mind those engaging in that particular activity. | 更别提在这里做这种事了 |
[18:04] | You’re dismissed. | 你们被解雇了 |
[18:12] | Your name? | 你叫什么 |
[18:13] | Christophe. | 克里斯多夫 |
[18:15] | I’m a valet de chambre. | 我是贴身男仆 |
[18:16] | I tend the castle’s fires. | 照管城堡的炉火 |
[18:18] | I advise you to exercise discretion. | 我建议你行事谨慎一些 |
[18:20] | I prefer to practice my scales free | 在我做事的地方 |
[18:22] | from the accompanying lecherous moans. | 不需要淫荡的呻吟 |
[18:24] | Are you sure about that? | 您确定吗 |
[18:27] | As you wish. | 如您所愿 |
[18:33] | The bank records offered no evidence | 银行记录里没有发现 |
[18:35] | that Lord Grenier has been bribing the privy council. | 格雷尼尔有贿赂枢密院的痕迹 |
[18:37] | But he has sold not one but five of his vineyards. | 但他不仅卖了一个 他卖了五个葡萄园 |
[18:40] | – Then he’s in financial trouble? – No. | -那他就是手头紧了 -不对 |
[18:43] | He throws his money around more than any noble at court. | 他的钱不仅仅贿赂了宫廷里的贵族 |
[18:46] | Your network of… employees at the castle has grown. | 你在城堡里的耳目变多了 |
[18:49] | Can one of your more highborn girls | 你有没有出身高一些的姑娘 |
[18:51] | perhaps seduce her way to the information I need? | 能帮我套到一点儿消息 |
[18:54] | It may prove difficult. | 可能很难 |
[18:55] | Grenier is in a sexless marriage. | 格雷尼尔是无性婚姻 |
[18:57] | Many whisper that he is immune to the charms of women. | 有传言说他对女人无感 |
[19:00] | Perhaps if I had a stable full of strapping male whores. | 如果我有一些可靠的男妓倒是值得一试 |
[19:03] | – And Lady Grenier? Has she taken someone on the side? – No. | -格雷尼尔夫人呢 她有人了吗 -没有 |
[19:06] | She spent every waking moment | 她每天 |
[19:07] | with the Duchess of Anjou until very recently. | 都和昂儒的公爵夫人在一起 直到最近 |
[19:10] | The Duchess was forced to leave court by command of her husband. | 公爵夫人应丈夫之命离开了宫廷 |
[19:13] | Lady Grenier has been inconsolable ever since. | 最近格雷尼尔夫人都很伤心 |
[19:17] | Find someone to comfort Lady Grenier, | 找人去安慰安慰格雷尼尔夫人 |
[19:20] | and I have my suspicions she will spill | 我怀疑她会 |
[19:22] | her husband’s every secret. | 吐出她丈夫的所有秘密 |
[19:24] | But I don’t have a stable full of strapping male whores. | 但我没有可靠的男妓啊 |
[19:26] | I think a woman might do the trick quite nicely. | 我觉得女人也能做好这件事 |
[19:38] | Melancholia. | 忧郁症 |
[19:40] | A common affliction. | 挺常见 |
[19:42] | There are too many women whose, um– pardon me– | 有很多女人 恕我直言 |
[19:46] | sexual appetites go unsatisfied. | 性欲无法得到满足 |
[19:50] | Does your husband neglect you? | 你的丈夫忽视你了吗 |
[19:53] | And yet what would I be without him? | 但没有他我要怎么办呢 |
[19:58] | I can recommend a course of treatment. | 我可以推荐一种疗法 |
[20:01] | I had something else in mind. | 我有个想法 |
[20:05] | Something to help me regain Lord Dudley’s affections. | 能帮我重获达德利的爱 |
[20:08] | If you were to offer a different diagnosis, | 若你能给出另一种的诊断结果 |
[20:12] | I know that I could save my marriage. | 我就能拯救我的婚姻 |
[20:14] | Madam, I am a man of science. | 夫人 我是个科学家 |
[20:16] | And a lonely one, from what I’ve heard. | 我听说也是个寂寞的人 |
[20:17] | I’m sorry about the loss of your wife. | 你失去了妻子 我深表遗憾 |
[20:20] | I’m lonely, too. And my… | 我也寂寞 我的… |
[20:22] | sexual appetites are healthy and raging. | 性欲健康且强烈 |
[20:30] | Perhaps we can arrange | 也许 |
[20:32] | a mutually beneficial exchange of services? | 我们能各取所需呢 |
[20:36] | A hidden mass? | 隐藏的肿瘤 |
[20:37] | We’ve found that stress and bad humors can exacerbate the condition, | 压力和抑郁会加重病情 |
[20:42] | lead the tumor to consume the patient from the inside. | 让肿瘤从内部消耗病人 |
[20:45] | Has she suffered from anxiety of late, excessive worry? | 她近来是否焦虑 过度担忧 |
[20:51] | Amy, I’m so sorry. | 艾米 我很抱歉 |
[20:54] | I did this to you, didn’t I? | 这都是因为我 对吗 |
[20:58] | This isn’t your doing. I know you love me. | 这不是你的错 我知道你爱我 |
[21:01] | You always have. | 你一直是爱我的 |
[21:02] | You said yourself you want us to remain healthy, strong. | 你说你想让我们都健康 |
[21:07] | Doctor, is there a cure? | 医生 有治疗方法吗 |
[21:08] | No cure, per se. But there is hope. | 无法治疗 但还是有希望的 |
[21:11] | First, you must do what you can | 首先 你必须尽力 |
[21:12] | to remove the cause of any tension | 让她每日的生活 |
[21:14] | from her daily life. As for treatment, | 不得有压力 至于治疗 |
[21:16] | I have a colleague in Cornwall who has made great strides. | 我在康沃尔的一个同僚取得了很大成果 |
[21:20] | – Cornwall? – But I would advise that you leave as soon as possible. | -康沃尔 -但我建议你越早去越好 |
[21:23] | Doctor, I am a member of the Queen’s privy council. | 医生 我是女王枢密院成员 |
[21:26] | I have many responsibilities here. | 我在这里有很多职责要担 |
[21:28] | Our Elizabeth is a benevolent ruler. | 我们的伊丽莎白是一位仁慈的君主 |
[21:30] | She would never begrudge a man | 她肯定不会阻止 |
[21:31] | the chance to save the life of his beloved. | 一个男人去拯救他的毕生挚爱 |
[21:34] | I’ll leave you to discuss the options. | 你们好好讨论一下吧 |
[21:50] | My lady. | 小姐请 |
[21:56] | Pretend I’m Juliet. | 把我当成朱丽叶 |
[21:57] | Wrong. Hiding one’s hands is considered suspicious. | 不对 把手藏起来显得很可疑 |
[22:01] | You could be holding a dagger | 你可以握着匕首 |
[22:02] | or waiting for just the right moment to poison | 或者等时机成熟 |
[22:04] | a tablemate’s goblet of wine. | 就去给别人被子里的酒下毒 |
[22:06] | I’m going to poison someone? | 我要给别人下毒吗 |
[22:07] | These are royals. | 这些可都是皇室成员 |
[22:09] | Perhaps this isn’t the best idea. | 也许这不是个好主意 |
[22:11] | How is your allemande? Your canary? | 你阿勒曼舞跳得如何 加纳利舞呢 |
[22:13] | They don’t teach us those dances in the village. | 村里可不会教我们跳舞 |
[22:15] | At the very least, you must learn la volta. | 你至少也该学个伏尔特舞吧 |
[22:19] | It opens with a galliard. | 用双人舞快步舞开场 |
[22:31] | Never mind then. Skip it. | 好吧 那跳过 |
[22:33] | Next you circle each other, like this. | 接着你们绕着跳 像这样 |
[22:36] | One, two, three, four, five, six. | 一二三四五六 |
[22:38] | One, two, three, four, five, six. | 一二三四五六 |
[22:40] | Until you come together in the center. | 直到你们来到中央 |
[22:42] | Then there’s a lift. | 接着托举 |
[22:45] | Lift me up, Leith. In the air. | 把我举起来 利思 举到空中 |
[22:51] | You’re hopeless. | 你真是朽木不可雕啊 |
[22:52] | Then forget la volta. | 那还是别学什么伏尔特舞了 |
[22:54] | Let me show you what they do teach us in the village. | 让你看看我们在村里学了些什么 |
[23:03] | May I have this dance? | 能和我跳一支舞吗 |
[23:23] | Cornwall. How will we ever see each other? | 康沃尔 我们要如何见面 |
[23:28] | We won’t. | 我们不会见面了 |
[23:28] | Cornwall is Amy’s best chance of survival. | 艾米只有去康沃尔才有机会活下来 |
[23:31] | She knows even now I would rather be here, with you. | 她知道就算现在我也想在这里陪着你 |
[23:35] | She even offered to have the treatment alone. | 她甚至说要自己孤身前去 |
[23:37] | – Then let her. – No. | -那就让她去 -不 |
[23:38] | If she died alone, it would be the same as me killing her. | 若她独自死去 就等同于我杀了她 |
[23:41] | So you’re saying it’s over then. | 你是在说结束了吗 |
[23:43] | Us. | 我们之间 |
[23:47] | This time for good. | 目前是这样 |
[23:54] | You’ve decided this is your fault. | 你自以为这是你的错 |
[23:57] | Amy’s illness is a tragedy. | 艾米的病是个悲剧 |
[23:59] | But perhaps it’s fate sending us a message. | 但也许这是命运给我们的信息 |
[24:02] | We can finally be together. | 我们终于可以在一起了 |
[24:05] | We just have to wait long enough for her… | 我们只要等到她… |
[24:06] | To die? Do you hear yourself, Elizabeth? | 死吗 你听听你说的话 伊丽莎白 |
[24:11] | I’m only saying what we’re both thinking. | 我只是说出了我们共同的想法 |
[24:12] | If Amy dies, God rest her soul, | 若艾米死了 上帝安息她的灵魂 |
[24:16] | but you can return to me. | 你可以回到我身边 |
[24:18] | I fear my soul would… | 我怕我的灵魂会… |
[24:21] | be marked beyond repair. | 万劫不复 |
[24:35] | Good-bye, my love. | 再见了 我的爱 |
[24:43] | As I had hoped, Lady Grenier was rather chatty post-coital. | 正如我所想 格雷尼尔性事过后特别健谈 |
[24:47] | – Oh? – I know how to bring him down. | -是吗 -我知道怎么扳倒他了 |
[24:50] | And I guarantee you it will make you feel more alive than ever. | 我保证 你会感到比以前活得更滋润 |
[25:02] | You’re looking well, Queen Mother. | 你看起来不错 太后陛下 |
[25:03] | Leave us. | 下去吧 |
[25:05] | Your plot against the Crown is an affront to France, | 你的夺权行为是在侮辱法国 |
[25:08] | Lord Grenier. | 格雷尼尔勋爵 |
[25:09] | I found it all too easy to rally my spirits. | 我要打起精神简直太容易了 |
[25:11] | We know about the emergency vote. | 我们知道紧急投票的事了 |
[25:15] | If I win, | 若我赢了 |
[25:17] | I win by popular vote of my peers. | 就是同僚们投票选出的 |
[25:19] | I can’t think of anything more fair than that. | 这是最为公平的 |
[25:21] | But your peers don’t know the truth, what you would do | 但你的同僚不知道真相 不知道 |
[25:24] | as regent of France. | 你摄政之后所要做的事 |
[25:26] | You’ve been selling off vineyards. | 你在卖你的葡萄园 |
[25:28] | My business is ever evolving. | 我的生意在拓展 |
[25:29] | The crown has been struggling to provide Scotland with more troops. | 国家无法派出更多的军队到苏格兰去 |
[25:33] | Mercenary armies are a valuable commodity. | 雇佣兵的价值很高 |
[25:35] | And you have quietly become the largest, | 而你已经悄悄成为 |
[25:37] | most secretive owner of mercenary armies in the country. | 法国最大的雇佣军秘密拥有者 |
[25:40] | And if that were true, it’s not a crime. | 就算这是真的 也算不上犯罪 |
[25:43] | No, but you’ve turned a legal, | 不 但你将一个合法的 |
[25:44] | profitable business practice into an illegal, | 赚钱的生意变成了非法的 |
[25:47] | more profitable crime. | 更赚钱的罪行 |
[25:49] | You’ve been taking pay from dead soldiers, | 你从阵亡士兵那里牟利 |
[25:52] | under-reporting their numbers. | 低报他们的数量 |
[25:53] | Profiting from each life lost. | 从每一条牺牲的生命身上获利 |
[25:56] | How soon were you going to turn on the council, | 你肯定也会告诉枢密院 |
[25:58] | doubling down on the military presence in Scotland | 减少苏格兰的军队数量 |
[26:01] | purely for personal gain? | 而这都是出于你的个人私利 |
[26:02] | Your nation stands to gain something, too. | 你的国家也会有所得 |
[26:04] | That’s right. But even I wouldn’t condone | 没错 但就算是我 也不能宽恕 |
[26:07] | deceiving the council into taking an action that would harm France. | 你欺骗枢密院 损害法国的行径 |
[26:10] | Then you’re being shortsighted. | 那你就是目光短浅 |
[26:12] | Scotland needs those troops. | 苏格兰需要那些军队 |
[26:13] | How dare you! Posing as a loyal patriot, | 你怎敢装成一副爱国者的嘴脸 |
[26:16] | while taking advantage of the king, my husband’s death! | 利用我丈夫的死亡 国王的死亡 |
[26:19] | You have no proof. | 你没有证据 |
[26:20] | Let me stop you before you waste your breath insulting me. | 在你侮辱我之前 我要先打断你 |
[26:23] | We have proof. | 我们有证据 |
[26:24] | The paper trail showing your misdeeds was difficult to uncover, | 有书面记录很难揭露你的罪行 |
[26:28] | but Mary has managed to do it. | 但玛丽还是做到了 |
[26:31] | You will resign, or we will expose you for who you are. | 你自行辞职吧 否则我们就揭露你的嘴脸 |
[26:34] | A war profiteer | 一个战争投机者 |
[26:35] | and a traitor to France. | 以及法国的叛徒 |
[26:37] | So you get rid of me. | 这样你就能摆脱我了 |
[26:39] | What comes next? | 接下来呢 |
[26:41] | You have an endless line of enemies | 你的敌人数不胜数 |
[26:43] | who will do everything they can to prevent you | 他们会竭尽全力 |
[26:45] | from gaining power. | 阻止你掌权 |
[26:46] | The council despises you, Catherine. | 枢密院看不起你 凯瑟琳 |
[26:50] | And a weakened, grieving woman | 一个软弱的哀恸的女人 |
[26:52] | should never be permitted to hold the reins of a nation. | 是永远无法被允许执掌国家大权的 |
[26:56] | Guards! | 卫兵 |
[26:59] | Thank you for your service to the King. | 谢谢你为国王所尽的心力 |
[27:05] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[27:09] | We will get you those votes. | 我们会为你争取选票的 |
[27:10] | No, Mary. | 不 玛丽 |
[27:13] | A regent must honor the will of the people… | 摄政王必须听从民意… |
[27:17] | and bring the troops home from Scotland. | 从苏格兰撤军 |
[27:21] | Leaving my country nearly defenseless. | 让我的国家孤立无援 |
[27:23] | Catherine, I know this. | 凯瑟琳 我明白这一点 |
[27:25] | But it was Francis’s dying wish that I stand by you,and I will. | 但弗朗西斯的遗愿就是我站在你这边 我会的 |
[27:30] | But I can’t ask you to do that, and I won’t. | 但我不能要求你这么做 我也不会这样 |
[27:33] | I must honor my son. | 我必须尊重我的儿子 |
[27:35] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[27:37] | If I am regent, the troops will remain– | 若我是摄政王 军队会留在苏格兰 |
[27:39] | that’s what Francis would want; | 那是弗朗西斯所愿 |
[27:40] | that’s what my heart would force me to do: | 也是我心之愿 |
[27:42] | protect the alliance, keep your country safe. | 保护联盟 保护你的国家 |
[27:46] | And unlike Grenier, the council will know of my intentions. | 和格雷尼尔不同 枢密院会了解我的意图 |
[27:49] | But if you don’t withdraw the troops, | 但如果你不撤军 |
[27:51] | you could lose the regency. | 你就会失去摄政王之位 |
[27:52] | These past few days, I have watched you rally | 这些天我看到你是怎样 |
[27:54] | for Francis’s cause, | 支撑弗朗西斯的事业 |
[27:56] | honoring your promise to help me, | 践行承诺来帮我 |
[27:58] | even at a great cost to your own country. | 就算重创了你的国家也在所不惜 |
[28:00] | I always thought that Francis was wrong | 我一直觉得弗朗西斯背上苏格兰这个负担 |
[28:02] | to take on Scotland’s burden, | 是错的 |
[28:04] | but it was his promise to his wife, | 但这是他对妻子的诺言 |
[28:06] | his declaration of love. | 他爱的宣言 |
[28:08] | I owe it to my son to take care of you the same way | 他求你照顾我 这同样也是我欠他的 |
[28:11] | that he begged you to take care of me. | 我应该照顾好你 |
[28:13] | – That’s not a sacrifice I can ask you to make. – No. | -我不能要你做出这样的牺牲 -不 |
[28:17] | But it is a sacrifice that Francis would ask me to make. | 但弗朗西斯会这样要求的 |
[28:23] | And it will be my last act of mourning. | 这将是我最后的哀悼 |
[28:26] | Then there is only person who can make this right… | 只有一个人能做到… |
[28:30] | even if it costs me my country. | 就算要牺牲我的国家 |
[28:38] | Your sovereign King has left us. | 你们至高无上的国王离开了我们 |
[28:41] | But until a new regent is elected, | 但在选出摄政王之前 |
[28:44] | Francis’s word remains law. | 弗朗西斯所过的话仍有效 |
[28:46] | I will admit… | 我承认… |
[28:48] | that does bring me comfort… | 那也让我深感安慰… |
[28:50] | as France’s troops have protected my people. | 法国的军队保护了我的子民 |
[28:53] | But Catherine has convinced me | 但凯瑟琳说服了我 |
[28:56] | that I must allow France to move to the future, | 我必须让法国举步向前 |
[28:59] | in order to save thousands of lives | 才能拯救几千条生命 |
[29:02] | and the Crown’s perilous finances. | 以及国内的财政危机 |
[29:04] | Therefore… | 因此 |
[29:06] | as the other half of the alliance, | 作为联盟的一方 |
[29:09] | I hereby… | 我特此 |
[29:10] | relieve France and her armies | 解除法国及其军队 |
[29:13] | of their duty to Scotland. | 对苏格兰的职责 |
[29:21] | The council meets tomorrow to discuss our options. | 枢密院明日集会讨论我们的选择 |
[29:24] | We owe you an audience. | 我们欢迎你的加入 |
[29:26] | But there will still be many | 但还有很多人 |
[29:28] | who will oppose your regency | 会反对你掌权 |
[29:30] | even after this impactful victory. | 就算你取得了如此大的胜利 |
[29:32] | I will do my best to remind them… | 但我会尽力提醒他们… |
[29:42] | Your support would go a long way | 要让你母亲成为摄政王 |
[29:43] | toward legitimizing your mother. | 你的支持大有帮助 |
[29:45] | How would you feel about her ruling at your side? | 她在你身旁执政你觉得如何 |
[29:48] | It would be a great comfort. | 肯定是很大的安慰 |
[29:52] | You’re learning. | 你进益不小 |
[29:57] | Word is Grenier fled, and quickly. Thank you. | 据说格雷尼尔很快就逃跑了 谢谢 |
[30:02] | Mary, what will you do next? | 玛丽 接下来你要怎么做 |
[30:06] | I came here when I was six years old. | 我六岁来到这里 |
[30:08] | I barely remember Scotland. | 几乎不记得苏格兰 |
[30:12] | It’s romanticized, a picture in my mind. | 它只是我心中一张浪漫的图景 |
[30:16] | The truth is… | 其实 |
[30:18] | France has always been my home. | 法国一直是我家 |
[30:20] | I threw myself into helping you | 我义无反顾地帮你 |
[30:22] | because it meant that I could stay. | 因为那意味着我能留下来 |
[30:25] | Now there is nothing but Scotland. | 现在我只有苏格兰 |
[30:28] | And the hope of a new alliance. | 以及新联盟的希望 |
[30:30] | Don Carlos. | 唐·卡洛斯 |
[30:32] | You were right to suggest I consider him. | 你说得对 我可以考虑他 |
[30:36] | I can’t stay here and sustain my rule. | 我在这里无法维持我的统治 |
[30:38] | – But how can I wed another? – You will because you must. | -但我怎能嫁与他人 -你必须嫁 |
[30:41] | I don’t even know who I am without Francis. | 没有弗朗西斯我连自己是谁都不知道 |
[30:44] | You are a Queen. | 你是一个女王 |
[30:46] | Still a Queen. | 仍是一个女王 |
[30:47] | I loved him, Catherine. | 我爱他 凯瑟琳 |
[30:52] | And now it’s done. And I loved him. | 现在尘埃落定 可我爱他 |
[31:03] | Mary has released the troops. | 玛丽豁免了军队 |
[31:05] | They’re going back to France. | 他们回法国了 |
[31:07] | Linlithgow has fallen. | 林利斯戈已经沦陷 |
[31:08] | Perhaps I should take all of Scotland as my own. | 也许我该吞下整个苏格兰 |
[31:11] | Scotland harbors many Protestants. | 苏格兰是很多新教徒的避难所 |
[31:13] | But they are still Scotsman; they will turn against you. | 但仍有很多苏格兰人会反对你 |
[31:15] | Mary is widowed and heartbroken, | 玛丽丧夫又心碎 |
[31:17] | yet has brought herself to do the right thing. | 但还是做出了正确的选择 |
[31:19] | You should follow her example. | 你应该向她学习 |
[31:21] | I have no interest in continuing this unsustainable war. | 我没兴趣维持这场战争了 |
[31:25] | You don’t trust me. | 你不信任我 |
[31:27] | Not anymore. | 不再信任我了 |
[31:29] | I’m afraid not. | 恐怕是的 |
[31:30] | You’ve taken a liking to my cousin. | 你喜欢我的表亲 |
[31:33] | Then perhaps I’m not the man to represent you in France. | 也许不能让我再代表你去法国了 |
[31:36] | And who would you suggest to replace you? | 那你建议谁来代替你呢 |
[31:39] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[31:40] | I have just the man for the job– | 我有合适的人选 |
[31:43] | the antithesis of your theoretical undying loyalty: | 你所谓不灭的忠诚的写照 |
[31:47] | Gideon Blackburn. | 吉迪恩·布莱克本 |
[31:48] | No. Blackburn is spending his life in the Tower for a reason. | 不 布莱克本被关着是有原因的 |
[31:51] | And yet everything that makes him reprehensible | 而让他受到责罚的能力 |
[31:54] | is exactly what I need to take down the queen of Scots. | 可以拿下苏格兰女王 |
[32:03] | Catherine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[32:04] | Leave us. | 下去 |
[32:07] | I’d like to put on my trousers. | 让我穿条裤子吧 |
[32:09] | Nothing I haven’t seen before. | 我都见过了 |
[32:10] | I’ve come because I was recently reminded of something important. | 我来是因为我想起了重要的事 |
[32:14] | Even at my lowest of lows… | 就算是我最低迷的时候 |
[32:17] | I’m stronger than my enemies. | 也比我的敌人更强大 |
[32:19] | An admirable quality, given that you have so many. | 真令人钦佩 因为你的敌人太多了 |
[32:23] | I hope you’ve enjoyed your brief union | 幸福太短暂 希望你能好好享受 |
[32:25] | with Lola’s supple skin and absent wit. | 萝拉柔滑的皮肤和暂失的理智 |
[32:28] | Because I plan to wreak havoc on all you hold dear | 因为我一旦成为摄政王 |
[32:32] | the moment I become regent of France. | 就要毁去你所珍视的一切 |
[32:35] | Congratulations on your recent victory. | 恭喜你最近所取得的胜利 |
[32:38] | I never counted you out. | 我从不指望你能放手 |
[32:41] | But do you really think that I would make home | 但你真的以为没有基本的保护 |
[32:44] | here at court without putting some basic protections in place? | 我会安心在宫廷里安家吗 |
[32:48] | – What are you getting at? – Your grandson John | -你有什么好依靠的 -你的孙子约翰 |
[32:50] | was gifted several parcels of land by Francis. | 从弗朗西斯那里获得了很多封地 |
[32:53] | I wisely spent my honeymoon adding to those holdings. | 我在蜜月里聪明地扩张了一下 |
[32:57] | In fact, the last of the deeds arrived just this afternoon. | 今天下午契约才刚刚送到 |
[33:01] | And as John’s guardian and proxy… | 作为约翰的监护人 |
[33:03] | You have a seat on the privy council. | 你在枢密院有了一席之位 |
[33:05] | Yes. | 没错 |
[33:07] | I’m warning you, Stephan. | 我警告你 斯特凡 |
[33:09] | You’re in no position to warn me. | 你没资格警告我 |
[33:12] | You don’t have the votes. | 你没有选票 |
[33:13] | I’ll get them, all of them. | 我会拿到的 所有的 |
[33:15] | Meanwhile, I am friendly with nobles on both sides. | 而我和各方贵族都关系良好 |
[33:19] | Back with your old cronies. | 找回老朋友了 |
[33:21] | Happily. | 没错 |
[33:22] | And if I’ve done my maths correctly, | 如果我没算错的话 |
[33:25] | I hold the casting vote. | 我掌握了选票走向 |
[33:27] | So… perhaps you want to stop your threats | 所以你最好收起你的威胁 |
[33:31] | and release your grip… | 放开你的手 |
[33:34] | or finish the job. | 或者做好你的事 |
[33:47] | If I’m to impress the visiting Juliet, | 如果我要给朱丽叶留下好印象 |
[33:48] | I’ll have to talk to her, connect with her. | 我必须和她交谈 与她心意相通 |
[33:51] | I can’t teach you the art of conversation in less than a week. | 我无法在一周之内教你这个 |
[33:54] | You haven’t even told me what this girl looks like. | 你还没告诉我这姑娘长什么样呢 |
[33:56] | Is she blonde? | 她是金发吗 |
[33:59] | Brunette? | 肤色黑吗 |
[34:00] | You know I like a ripe backside. | 你知道我喜欢身材好的 |
[34:04] | Claude. | 克劳德 |
[34:06] | There is no Juliet. | 没有这么个姑娘对吧 |
[34:07] | I’m a member of the royal guard– how long did you think | 我是皇家守卫 你觉得难道我不会发现 |
[34:10] | it would take me to find out that there’s no reception? | 其实根本没有招待会要办吗 |
[34:12] | Why did you lie? | 你为什么要撒谎 |
[34:13] | I wanted to spend time with you. | 我想和你在一起 |
[34:16] | Ever since I caught you with Alexandra you’ve acted | 自从我看到你和亚历桑德拉在一起 |
[34:18] | like I’m nothing more than a work detail. | 你就对我公事公办了 |
[34:20] | I told you why I can’t be your friend, not anymore. | 我告诉过你为什么我们再也无法做朋友了 |
[34:22] | Because we can’t be together. But I say we can. | 因为我们无法在一起 但其实可以的 |
[34:25] | But Charles could marry you off at a moment’s notice. | 但查尔斯一声令下你就要嫁给别人了 |
[34:27] | Who said anything about marriage? | 谁说要结婚了 |
[34:28] | Must you marry every girl you kiss? | 你吻过的每个姑娘你都要娶吗 |
[34:30] | Well, then I’m back to exactly where I was with Greer. | 这就是我和葛瑞尔之前的困局 |
[34:32] | I am not Greer. | 我不是葛瑞尔 |
[34:34] | You told me that when you first met Greer, | 你告诉过我 第一次见到葛瑞尔时 |
[34:36] | she was on the hunt for a husband. | 她在找丈夫 |
[34:37] | A rich one, with a title. | 要有头衔的富人 |
[34:39] | But I’m different, Leith. | 但我不同 利思 |
[34:41] | I’m a princess. I need only to follow my heart. | 我是公主 我只需要遵从自己的内心 |
[34:45] | So who’s to say that you won’t be the one to break mine? | 所以说不定你就是那个让我心动的人呢 |
[34:50] | Can’t you just admit that you want me, too? | 你就不能承认你也想要我吗 |
[35:06] | What’s this? | 受宠若惊啊 |
[35:08] | The queen herself paying a visit to a common prisoner? | 女王亲自来见一个普通的囚犯 |
[35:11] | You must need something. | 你肯定是有所求吧 |
[35:14] | A task that should come all too easily, | 应该是你手到擒来的事 |
[35:16] | given your talents. | 毕竟你那么有才华 |
[35:20] | You lied to me. | 你骗了我 |
[35:22] | You made me care for you. | 你让我关心你 |
[35:25] | You nearly made me… | 你差点让我… |
[35:26] | But I didn’t. | 但我没有 |
[35:28] | I couldn’t make you fall in love with me. | 我不可能让你爱上我 |
[35:29] | Because you were in love with Robert Dudley. | 因为你爱的是罗伯特·达德利 |
[35:31] | Which you happily reported back to my half-sister. | 你很高兴地跟我同父异母的妹妹报告了是吧 |
[35:34] | I was a girl, Gideon. | 我是个女人 吉迪恩 |
[35:36] | And Bloody Mary was my queen. | 血腥玛丽是我的女王 |
[35:39] | I was her eyes and ears, sent to inform on you, | 我是她的眼线 是她派来看着你 |
[35:41] | the greatest threat to her crown. | 这个她最大的威胁的 |
[35:43] | And when she ripped Robert from his cell and my arms, | 她从我身边抢走罗伯特时 |
[35:45] | it nearly killed me. | 差点害死我 |
[35:47] | Weakening you was a necessary precaution. | 让你警醒是必需的预防手段 |
[35:51] | A queen must always be looking over her shoulder | 一个女王必需时刻小心谨慎 |
[35:53] | to those with the power to undo her. | 注意那些有能力把她拉下马的人 |
[35:56] | I understand that now. | 现在我明白了 |
[35:57] | That’s why I’m here. | 所以我才来找你 |
[36:00] | Mary, Queen of Scots will soon seek a marriage alliance. | 苏格兰女王玛丽马上会以婚事促成结盟 |
[36:04] | Spain’s Prince Don Carlos is among the interested candidates. | 西班牙的卡洛斯王子是最有利的候选人 |
[36:07] | Well, that union would be quite the feather | 这一结盟应该会让你表亲 |
[36:09] | – in your cousin’s cap. – Yes. | -大为骄傲吧 -没错 |
[36:11] | And one I’m eager to thwart. | 而且也是我急切想挫败的 |
[36:13] | I hear Robert left court. | 我听说罗伯特离开王宫了 |
[36:16] | The Lady Dudley is quite ill. | 达德利夫人病重 |
[36:18] | Is that why you’re so eager to bring down the queen of Scots? | 所以你才这么急切地想扳倒苏格兰女王吗 |
[36:20] | Robert has abandoned you, | 罗伯特抛弃了你 |
[36:21] | you’re bored without your little plaything? | 没有玩物在身边 你无聊了吗 |
[36:23] | Mary has released the French troops from Scotland. | 玛丽让驻扎在苏格兰的法国军队回国了 |
[36:27] | And a new alliance would raise her international standing. | 重新结盟会让她的国际地位提高 |
[36:32] | That is something I can’t afford. | 这个代价我负不起 |
[36:34] | – And why would I agree to help you? – To gain your freedom. | -为什么我会同意帮你 -为了你的自由 |
[36:37] | Perhaps there’s a part of your blackened heart | 你那个黑暗的心中 或许还有一丝 |
[36:39] | that longs to meet your daughter. | 想见你女儿的期望 |
[36:42] | I’ve taken Agatha in as my ward. | 我把阿加莎收为了侍女 |
[36:44] | Such a pity, a child growing up with two absent parents. | 好可怜啊 她跟孤儿一样长大 |
[36:48] | Do this for me and I’ll see you’re reunited. | 你帮我我就让你们团聚 |
[36:50] | And how do you suggest I gain Mary’s trust? | 你说我要怎么赢得玛丽的信任 |
[36:52] | By doing what you do best. | 做你最擅长做的事啊 |
[36:54] | By doing what you tried to do to me. | 就跟你想对我做的一样 |
[36:57] | Make Mary fall in love with you. | 让玛丽爱上你 |
[37:01] | You were spotted leaving Lord Narcisse’s chambers. | 有人看到你从纳西斯伯爵的卧房离开了 |
[37:04] | I put a stop to the servants’ chatter, of course, but… | 虽然我制止了仆人乱说话 但是… |
[37:08] | Our encounter ended with Lord Narcisse | 自从纳西斯伯爵娶了萝拉小姐 |
[37:11] | experiencing the kind of pleasure I very much doubt | 他恐怕都没有体会到过那种欢愉了 |
[37:15] | he’s enjoyed since marrying Lady Lola. | 我就只是让他体会了一下而已 |
[37:17] | Queen Mother. | 太后 |
[37:20] | What he doesn’t understand is that I’ve found his weakness. | 他不明白的是我已经找到了他的弱点 |
[37:23] | A crack in his marriage. | 他婚姻中的弱点 |
[37:25] | I’ll use him to become regent | 我要利用他当上摄政王 |
[37:27] | and then I will lay waste to his happiness. | 然后让他的幸福烟消云散 |
[37:31] | You are devious | 您真是太恶毒 |
[37:33] | and brilliant. | 太厉害了 |
[37:35] | And yet he gets to share his bed with a pretty young thing | 可是他还有机会跟一个美女共度春宵 |
[37:38] | while I’m expected to retire alone. | 而我却面临着孤身退位 |
[37:41] | – But we can fix that, can’t we? – Mm. | -但我们有办法的 对吧 -嗯 |
[37:50] | That’s lovely. | 真好啊 |
[37:55] | The heat. | 好温暖 |
[37:56] | Is there anything else I can do? | 还有别的事需要我做吗 |
[38:00] | Yes. I have another fire that needs lighting. | 有 我还有一团火需要你点燃 |
[38:03] | Bring me back to life. | 让我重获新生吧 |
[38:16] | I thought about what you said. About compromise. | 我想过你说的关于妥协的事了 |
[38:19] | Lola. | 萝拉 |
[38:21] | Let me finish. | 听我说完 |
[38:22] | I have an idea of what a proper wife should be, | 我知道一个称职的妻子是什么样 |
[38:25] | and, clearly, it’s very different from yours. | 显然我想的跟你想的不同 |
[38:28] | But there’s nothing wrong with that. | 但这样没什么不对 |
[38:29] | I will compromise. | 我会妥协的 |
[38:31] | Please you when I can, but… | 我尽量取悦你 但是… |
[38:33] | It’s all right, Lola. | 没事的 萝拉 |
[38:37] | I probably shouldn’t have asked. | 我不该让你那么做的 |
[38:38] | But tonight. I thought that we… | 但今晚 我们… |
[38:40] | We should get some rest. | 我们休息吧 |
[38:44] | I’ve had quite a day. | 我今天很累 |
[38:55] | It’s fine, truly. | 没事 真的 |
[39:02] | How was your day? | 你今天如何 |
[39:05] | Filled with unexpected surprises. | 满是意想不到的事 |
[39:08] | Uh… all work related, I assure you. | 都是工作上的事 这点你放心 |
[39:12] | I won’t bore you with the politics. | 我不说政治上的事让你烦心了 |
[39:22] | Mary, are you all right? | 玛丽 你没事吧 |
[39:24] | No, I’m not. | 不 我有事 |
[39:25] | But my happiness is not your responsibility, Charles. | 但我的幸福并不是你的责任 查尔斯 |
[39:28] | I disagree. | 我不同意 |
[39:29] | Soon you’ll be forced to seek an alliance. | 你马上就不得不去寻找盟友了 |
[39:31] | You must bring everything you have to the table | 为了确保能找到最有利的盟友 |
[39:34] | in order to ensure the most advantageous match. | 你必须把所有底牌都亮出来 |
[39:37] | I was considering Don Carlos’ request for an audience. | 我在考虑答应卡洛斯的请求 |
[39:40] | But the problem is I am the queen of a besieged nation. | 但问题是我是一个四面楚歌的女王 |
[39:43] | I have no idea how I’ll be received in Scotland. | 我根本不知道苏格兰人民会不会接受我 |
[39:46] | My people support me, but they don’t know me | 我的人民支持我 但他们不了解我 |
[39:48] | as anything other than a symbol. | 在他们看来我只是一个象征 |
[39:50] | Spain would have the upper hand in any negotiations. | 这样任何谈判西班牙都会占优势 |
[39:52] | Not if you accept my help. | 除非你接受我的帮助 |
[39:56] | Don’t go back to Scotland. | 不要回苏格兰 |
[39:58] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[39:59] | Court Don Carlos or any other prospects here. | 在这里跟卡洛斯或任何其他人成婚 |
[40:02] | We’ll show Spain that you will always have power | 我们告诉西班牙 只要你跟法国是同盟 |
[40:04] | as long as you are aligned with France. | 法国就会永远支持你 |
[40:06] | That you will have the House of Valois– | 瓦卢瓦王朝会永远支持你 |
[40:08] | the new king– behind you. | 新任国王会永远支持你 |
[40:09] | Forge a new marriage. | 在我丈夫的家里 |
[40:11] | In the home of my husband? | 再次成婚吗 |
[40:13] | In the country that will always protect you. | 是在永远支持你的国家里 |
[40:19] | I know it may seem odd, | 我知道这样可能很奇怪 |
[40:21] | but it’s what Francis would have wanted. | 但这是弗朗西斯想要的 |
[40:48] | Bernard. | 伯纳德 |
[40:54] | Find my favorite portrait. | 找来我最喜欢的画像 |
[40:56] | The one in the red gown. | 穿红色长袍的那副 |
[40:58] | Send it to Don Carlos with a message. | 附上消息送去给卡洛斯王子 |
[41:01] | I’m staying in France. And I’m ready. | 我要留在法国 而且我准备好了 |