时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | How goes the courting of Mrs. Knox? | 你对诺克斯夫人的追求怎么样 |
[00:04] | I can’t say I’m enjoying | 我不能说我享受 |
[00:05] | deceiving someone so innocent. | 欺骗一个如此天真善良的人 |
[00:07] | The closer you get to her, | 你跟她越亲密 |
[00:08] | the closer you get to her husband’s secrets. | 就越接近她丈夫的秘密 |
[00:10] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[00:12] | Yes! Yes! | 愿意 愿意 |
[00:13] | Charles can’t even be bothered to find | 查尔斯甚至没心思 |
[00:15] | a proper husband for poor Claude. | 为可怜的克劳德找个合适的丈夫 |
[00:17] | I’m still in mourning over Leith’s death. | 利思去世了 我还在服丧 |
[00:20] | We know. | 我们都知道 |
[00:20] | You’re hoping that the news | 你希望 |
[00:22] | you’re entertaining other suitors | 你招待其他追求者的消息 |
[00:23] | will light a fire under Lord Darnley. | 会激励达恩利大人 |
[00:25] | Oh, yes, Mother, she seems marvelous. | 是啊 母亲 她真的很漂亮 |
[00:28] | Clearly interested in marriage to someone else. | 也对婚姻很有兴趣 但对象不是我 |
[00:30] | What if, as soon as I am out of power, | 万一我一放弃权力 |
[00:32] | Elizabeth turns on those who were against her? | 伊丽莎白就转头对付反抗她的人呢 |
[00:35] | My subjects. I can’t risk their lives. | 我的臣民 我不能拿他们的生命冒险 |
[00:37] | I love you, but I can’t marry you. | 我爱你 但我做不到 |
[00:39] | Charles. He’s gutted by tragedy. | 查尔斯 他为那事故伤痛欲绝 |
[00:42] | We need to engage him in the pleasures of being king. | 我们要让他享受当国王的乐趣 |
[00:45] | Come with me now so I can prove to you | 跟我来吧 我能向你证明 |
[00:47] | that I understand the pain I inflict. | 我了解我造成的痛苦 |
[00:49] | And then you will understand pain, too. | 那么你也会了解痛苦 |
[00:51] | It’s about my daughter, Bianca. | 是我的女儿 比安卡 |
[00:52] | I’m afraid she never returned to our quarters | 她去觐见查尔斯国王之后 |
[00:54] | after being received by King Charles. | 就没有回来 |
[01:03] | In the name of King Charles of France, | 以法国国王查尔斯的名义 |
[01:05] | I command you to surrender! | 我命令你投降 |
[01:06] | Never! | 绝不 |
[01:11] | The king is strange and cruel. | 国王陌生残暴 |
[01:12] | He drinks the blood of children. | 他喝小孩的血 |
[01:20] | I breathe my last. | 我断气了 |
[01:29] | Help me. | 救我 |
[01:32] | You’re saying that Charles took a young girl, | 你说查尔斯带走了一个小女孩 |
[01:34] | the virgin that you brought him? | 你带给他的处女 |
[01:36] | I’ve already heard enough about my role in this matter | 比安卡的父亲已经对我大肆描述了 |
[01:38] | from Bianca’s father, thank you. | 我在此事中扮演的角色 谢谢 |
[01:40] | And rather than bed her, | 他没有与她同床 |
[01:42] | he chose to entertain her with an evening in the wilds | 而是选择让她在野外度过一夜 |
[01:46] | viewing the corpses of dead sailors. | 看着死去水手的尸体 以此款待 |
[01:49] | Apparently. | 显然是 |
[01:50] | Eventually, the girl fled, terrified of the king. | 最后这姑娘跑了 十分害怕国王 |
[01:54] | As you well know, | 你也知道 |
[01:55] | royals are permitted certain peccadilloes, | 王室可以犯一些轻罪 |
[01:57] | but involving the dead in courtship, | 但在求爱时牵扯上尸体 |
[02:00] | it will have people saying that Charles is a necrophiliac. | 这会让人们说查尔斯是恋尸癖 |
[02:03] | My son is no such monster. | 我儿子不是这种怪物 |
[02:05] | The only monster in this castle is gossip. | 城堡里唯一的怪物就是谣言 |
[02:09] | And we must not feed it, | 我们不得信谣传谣 |
[02:11] | or it will bring us to our knees. | 否则它会击垮我们 |
[02:19] | – You’re late. – I’m sorry. | -你迟到了 -抱歉 |
[02:20] | I was up all night taking care of my daughter Agatha. | 我整晚没睡 在照顾我女儿阿加莎 |
[02:23] | She’s quite sick. | 她病得很重 |
[02:24] | Why were up all night with a child? | 你为什么整晚没睡在陪孩子 |
[02:26] | Because I’m a widower, as you know. | 因为我是鳏夫 你也知道 |
[02:28] | Ah, clearly you need more nannies. | 显然你需要更多保姆 |
[02:30] | Three or four at least. | 至少三四个 |
[02:31] | It’s more difficult than you think. | 那比你想象中要难 |
[02:33] | Having been separated and now bonded to me, | 她之前跟我分开 现在和我产生了感情 |
[02:35] | Agatha is particular… | 她特别… |
[02:36] | I feel as though I’m talking to a lady, | 我感觉自己在和一位小姐说话 |
[02:39] | and not even one of my own ladies. | 而且不是我的女仆 |
[02:40] | You’re like countryfolk, | 你像是乡下妇女一样 |
[02:42] | raising goats and children on your own. | 自己养羊和孩子 |
[02:44] | But you are a diplomat and a skilled adviser to the queen. | 但你是外交官 女王的顾问 |
[02:48] | Surely your daughter understands that. | 你女儿肯定明白的 |
[02:50] | Now, let’s get to work, | 我们来工作吧 |
[02:52] | shall we? | 行吗 |
[02:53] | I have learned that the Vatican has | 我得知罗马教廷 |
[02:54] | sent an envoy to our Catholic nobles. | 派使者来拜访我们的天主教贵族 |
[02:57] | They seek to forge an alliance | 他们希望和玛丽 |
[02:58] | with Mary and Darnley, and against me. | 还有达恩利建立同盟 一起对付我 |
[03:01] | Rumors of the potential match have reached Rome. | 可能联姻的传言飘到了罗马 |
[03:03] | A match designed to take England. | 这一联姻是为了夺走英格兰 |
[03:06] | I need you to quell this insurrection before it begins. | 我需要你将这场叛乱扼杀在摇篮中 |
[03:09] | Take our finest soldiers and remind our Catholic nobles | 带上最优秀的士兵 提醒天主教贵族 |
[03:13] | the consequences of sedition. | 叛乱的后果 |
[03:15] | Death, you mean. | 你是说死亡 |
[03:17] | Hasn’t enough English blood been spilled? | 难道牺牲的英格兰人还不够多吗 |
[03:20] | Rather than risk civil war with those opposing you, | 我们不该跟反对你的人挑起内战 |
[03:22] | perhaps we should try a different approach– | 也许我们该用另一种方法 |
[03:24] | winning them over. | 争取他们 |
[03:27] | What are you proposing? | 你有什么提议 |
[03:28] | Sway the nobles to your side to thwart the Vatican’s schemes. | 争取贵族到你这边 挫败罗马教廷的阴谋 |
[03:31] | I shouldn’t have to sway them. | 我本来不该争取他们的 |
[03:32] | They’re Englishmen. | 他们就是英格兰人 |
[03:34] | They are Catholics who claim the Pope speaks the will of God! | 他们是天主教徒 认为教皇代表上帝的旨意 |
[03:38] | And he does not like you. | 而教皇不喜欢你 |
[03:39] | The Pope does not like me | 教皇不喜欢我 |
[03:41] | because England stopped stuffing gold in Rome’s pockets | 因为我父亲选择不继续信仰天主教后 |
[03:43] | when my father left the faith. | 就不给罗马塞金子了 |
[03:44] | Appeal to the nobles’ self-interest. | 那就提出一些有利于贵族的私欲的 |
[03:46] | Offer them an earthly connection to your power. | 让他们能和你的权力产生确切联系 |
[03:50] | I would start with Lord Maxford. | 要是我就会从马克斯福德大人下手 |
[03:51] | I thought you didn’t like him. | 我还以为你不喜欢他呢 |
[03:54] | He is a braggart and a boor, | 他就是个喜欢说大话的莽夫 |
[03:56] | but he holds the largest lands | 但他手握的土地面积最大 |
[03:57] | and has many Catholic followers. | 而且也有很多天主教信徒追随他 |
[04:00] | He would be a powerful ally. | 他会是一个有力的盟友 |
[04:01] | Fine… I will try it your way. | 好吧 我按你说的试试 |
[04:05] | For now. | 只是试试 |
[04:12] | Ah… what are you waiting for? | 你还在等什么 |
[04:14] | Throw it! | 扔啊 |
[04:19] | Do you have any idea how completely undignified | 你知道自己现在的行为 |
[04:21] | you appear right now? | 有多不雅吗 |
[04:22] | I am on holiday. | 我可是在度假 |
[04:23] | Dignity has nothing to do with it. | 雅不雅根本不在考虑范围内 |
[04:25] | I believe I asked about James. Is he…? | 我记得我问过詹姆斯了 他… |
[04:26] | Throw! | 扔吧 |
[04:32] | Do you know that you’re awful at this? | 你知道你自己准头很差吗 |
[04:33] | I do, which is why it wasn’t my idea to play. | 我知道 所以我才没提出玩这个 |
[04:36] | – Now it’s my turn. – Wouldn’t you rather talk? | -现在轮到我了 -你就不想谈谈吗 |
[04:39] | In all your time here, you haven’t once mentioned… | 你在这里待了这么久 却一次也没提过 |
[04:40] | I don’t want to talk about Gideon, | 我不想谈吉迪恩 |
[04:42] | or what might have been. | 也不想谈本可能发生的事 |
[04:43] | Won’t wallow in self-pity. | 我不会沉浸在自怨自艾中 |
[04:44] | And Lord Darnley? | 那达恩利大人呢 |
[04:45] | He’s in England. | 他在英格兰 |
[04:46] | Lady Lennox promises he’ll return. | 雷诺克斯夫人保证说他会回来的 |
[04:48] | We’ll see if she can do it. | 我们就等着看她是否会践行诺言吧 |
[04:50] | Now, enough of politics right now. | 好了 不要再谈政治了 |
[04:51] | – All I want to do… – Is throw tiny fruit at me. | -我现在只想… -对着我扔小水果 |
[04:53] | Precisely. And help you set up your home | 正是如此 我还想帮你在小萝丝 |
[04:56] | for when sweet Rose and Castleroy arrive from France. | 和卡斯尔雷从法国回来前把屋子建好 |
[05:05] | – You did it! – Of course I did! | -你成功了 -当然 |
[05:07] | You provide a huge target. Gigantic, really. | 你的嘴可大了 超级大 真的 |
[05:16] | I see now why | 我现在知道 |
[05:16] | Lola spoke of her childhood here so fondly. | 为什么萝拉说起童年时总那么开心了 |
[05:20] | And now your daughter will get to experience the same, | 现在你的女儿也能体验到这一切了 |
[05:22] | living here with you and your husband. | 在这里和你们夫妻住在一起 |
[05:28] | Greer, what is it? | 葛瑞尔 怎么了 |
[05:29] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[05:33] | Aloysius is not the man you knew. | 阿洛伊修斯不是以前那样了 |
[05:35] | You saw him when he was freed from prison. | 他从监狱被放出来的时候 你看到他了 |
[05:38] | He seems to have lost all sense of purpose. | 他好像失去了全部的目标 |
[05:40] | Have faith, my friend. | 不要丧气 我的朋友 |
[05:41] | When he gets back to court he will find his footing. | 等他重返宫廷时 他会找回自己的 |
[05:44] | He says he no longer has the stomach for court. | 他说他再也没有从政的信心了 |
[05:46] | You will have to convince him otherwise. | 那你必须说服他并非如此 |
[05:47] | How? | 我该怎么做 |
[05:48] | We no longer share a bed | 我们不再同床共枕 |
[05:50] | or intimacy of any kind. | 也没有任何亲密行为 |
[05:52] | I’ve tried talking, reassuring. | 我已经受够了自说自话 安慰他 |
[05:55] | I can’t break through. | 我没法打开他的心结 |
[05:57] | He encourages me to spend my time away from him. | 他鼓励我余生都离他远点 |
[05:59] | But I don’t want to live separate lives. | 但我不想和他从此分道扬镳 |
[06:03] | I won’t abandon him, ever. | 我绝对不会抛弃他 |
[06:06] | I’m so sorry, Greer. | 抱歉 葛瑞尔 |
[06:11] | You’re exhausted, and you miss your child. | 你累坏了 你想念你的孩子 |
[06:13] | Why don’t you go inside and lie down? | 不如你进去躺一会儿 |
[06:15] | And leave you? | 让你一个人待着吗 |
[06:16] | I’ll go for a walk. | 我会去散散步 |
[06:18] | I can’t remember the last time | 我都记不起上一次有闲暇时间独处 |
[06:18] | I had the luxury of being alone. | 是什么时候的事了 |
[07:11] | Would you use that to bash the skull | 你是想用那块石头砸碎 |
[07:12] | of your future husband and king of Scotland? | 你未来丈夫和苏格兰国王的脑袋吗 |
[07:18] | We have yet to be introduced. | 我们还没见过面呢 |
[07:20] | But I already know that you’re a presumptuous man, | 但我已经知道你是个放肆傲慢的人了 |
[07:22] | Lord Darnley. | 达恩利大人 |
[07:23] | If you’re so concerned for your well-being, then perhaps, | 如果你如此关心你的健康 那也许 |
[07:26] | instead of intruding on my private time, | 你不应该占用我的私人时间 |
[07:27] | you should have waited for me at court. | 而是在宫廷里静候我 |
[07:29] | Tried that once. Didn’t go well. | 我试过了 结果不怎么样 |
[07:32] | Though you are a lovely dancer. | 不过你的确舞姿可人 |
[07:35] | I’m sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[07:37] | My circumstances have… changed. | 我的境况 已经不同往日 |
[07:39] | As have mine. The circumstances of Scotland | 我也是 然而苏格兰的境况 |
[07:42] | and your rule, however, have not. | 以及你的统治却并没发生变化 |
[07:44] | England remains a threat. | 英格兰对你来说仍是个威胁 |
[07:46] | With me at your side, as husband and partner, | 由我作为丈夫和同伴在你身边支持你 |
[07:49] | I believe that we can not only preserve your rule but expand it. | 我们不仅能维系你的统治 还能扩张 |
[07:54] | Would you not agree? | 你同意吗 |
[07:56] | I would. | 我同意 |
[07:58] | Ah. Let’s get on with it then, shall we? | 那我们就抓紧吧 好吗 |
[08:01] | Are you saying that we should marry? | 你是说我们应该联姻吗 |
[08:04] | Would it be the worst thing? | 这难道会是最糟糕的事情吗 |
[08:08] | It would not. | 不会 |
[08:12] | For the good of Scotland. | 为了苏格兰的福祉 |
[08:14] | Of course. | 当然 |
[08:24] | I’m trying to picture this, Charles. I really am. | 我正在努力理解这一切 查尔斯 真的 |
[08:27] | You and that sweet girl, Bianca, | 你和那个小姑娘 比安卡 |
[08:28] | together in a field of weathered bones | 一起去了遍布白骨 |
[08:31] | and putrid remains. | 和腐尸的森林 |
[08:34] | Was that your idea of a romantic evening? | 这就是你认为的浪漫之夜吗 |
[08:37] | Well, aren’t you a charmer. | 你还真是个万人迷 |
[08:38] | Or am I wrong? Because this is the tale that she is telling, | 我说错了吗 这些是那姑娘告诉我的 |
[08:41] | the reason that she fled from you in the dark | 因此她才在黑夜里从你身边逃走 |
[08:43] | and, in blind desperation, fell down a ravine. | 看不清四周 跌落了山谷 |
[08:46] | Do you even care? | 你一点都不在乎吗 |
[08:49] | I told you, he’s been like this for weeks. | 我说了 他这样好几周了 |
[08:52] | Sullen, | 郁郁寡欢 |
[08:54] | unresponsive. | 毫无回应 |
[08:56] | Oh, just vanishing whenever he pleases, | 兴起了就玩消失 |
[08:58] | avoiding all responsibility. | 逃避一切职责 |
[09:01] | Your mother told me that… | 你母亲告诉我 |
[09:03] | you have been traumatized | 红衣骑士的事让你 |
[09:05] | by the Red Knights, | 受到了创伤 |
[09:06] | that you saw your friend die horribly. | 你亲眼看着朋友惨死 |
[09:09] | But, my dear boy, this has to stop. | 但孩子啊 你不能这样下去了 |
[09:13] | You are not my father. | 你不是我父亲 |
[09:15] | Stop speaking to me as though you are. | 别拿父亲的口气对我说话 |
[09:18] | No, he is the lord chancellor of France, | 但他是法国的大法官 |
[09:20] | and you are putting your entire rule in jeopardy. | 而你让自己的王位岌岌可危 |
[09:23] | If your sister, the queen of Spain, | 如果你姐姐 西班牙王后 |
[09:25] | gets wind of your exploits, she could | 知道了这个消息 她就会 |
[09:27] | declare you unfit to rule. | 宣称你不适合统治国家 |
[09:30] | And will, no doubt, petition the Vatican to remove | 然后无疑会向梵蒂冈请求废黜你 |
[09:32] | not just you but the entire Valois line. | 以及移除瓦卢瓦家族的统治权 |
[09:36] | And few would object. | 甚至没有谁会反对 |
[09:38] | The Valois are not beloved. | 瓦卢瓦家族本就不受人爱戴 |
[09:40] | They say that Francis was frail | 他们会说弗朗西斯太脆弱 |
[09:42] | and you, the next king, too young. | 而你这个接任的国王太年轻 |
[09:44] | And now there is talk of your mental state. | 现在已经有了关于你精神状态的传言 |
[09:47] | You barely eat. You look like the living dead. | 你几乎不吃饭 看着像个活死人 |
[09:49] | You are silent to the servants, to the nobles, | 你不对仆人 贵族乃至枢密院 |
[09:53] | to the privy council. | 说一个字 |
[09:54] | You rarely leave your chambers. | 几乎不离开寝室 |
[09:55] | And when you do, where do you go? | 而你离开这里的时候去了哪里 |
[09:57] | You say that you’re out hunting. | 你说你去狩猎了 |
[09:58] | What kind of hunting are you doing? | 你狩的是哪种猎 |
[10:00] | When Bianca fled, were you giving chase? | 比安卡逃走时 你去追她了吗 |
[10:04] | Answer me! | 回答我 |
[10:06] | You do realize that this girl’s story | 你知道这个女孩说的话 |
[10:09] | could rob us of all we possess. | 足以让我们失去一切吧 |
[10:13] | She’s lucky to be alive. | 她能活着真走运 |
[10:20] | How is my brother? | 我弟弟怎么样了 |
[10:21] | Not feeling up to being king again today? | 今天还是不想当国王吗 |
[10:24] | Good day, Your Majesty. | 你好 陛下 |
[10:26] | Charles is fine. | 查尔斯没事 |
[10:27] | He’s just taken to his chambers for rest. | 他只是在寝室休息 |
[10:29] | A bear in hibernation does not rest | 冬眠的熊都没有我的弟弟 |
[10:31] | as much as my young brother. | 休息得多 |
[10:32] | Perhaps a touch from “St. Claude” | 或许”圣克劳德” |
[10:34] | can miraculously revive him. | 能奇迹般的治好他 |
[10:35] | You know that your sister has put her “Saintly” Days behind her. | 你知道你妹妹已经不再当圣人了 |
[10:38] | Clearly, as she has now taken up the hobby | 是啊 她现在开始沉迷于 |
[10:40] | of sleeping with married men. | 与已婚男人上床了 |
[10:42] | Married men? | 已婚男人 |
[10:43] | – Are you sure? – Absolutely. | -你确定吗 -确定 |
[10:44] | If I may, that does not sound like Claude. | 克劳德不像是做这种事的人 |
[10:47] | – She’s free-spirited… – She is partaking in adultery. | -她有主见… -她正沉迷于不伦 |
[10:49] | And the Church will deal with it swiftly and harshly. | 教会将会迅速严厉地处理这件事 |
[10:52] | Stop playing the prude, Leeza. | 别小题大做了 莉扎 |
[10:54] | These laws are not enforced, not really, | 这些法律从未真正执行过 |
[10:56] | or half the court would be punished. | 否则半个宫廷的人都得受罚 |
[10:58] | In France. | 那是在法国 |
[10:59] | Let me speak to her. | 让我和她谈 |
[11:03] | You’re too late for that. | 已经晚了 |
[11:12] | I beg you, look at me. | 求求你 看着我 |
[11:15] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:17] | Why must I look? | 我为什么要看 |
[11:18] | Why must I kiss? Why must I speak? | 为什么要接吻 为什么要说话 |
[11:21] | You have a wife for such things. | 想做这些找你妻子去 |
[11:24] | I-I’m sorry. I only want to… | 对不起 我只是想… |
[11:26] | Pleasure me? | 取悦我 |
[11:28] | Then do as we agreed. | 那就按说好的来 |
[11:30] | Use your lips where I might forget who you are | 把你的嘴用在能让我忘了你是谁 |
[11:32] | and imagine you as I wish. | 让我把你想成那个人的地方 |
[11:34] | Or better yet, | 或者 |
[11:36] | make me stop thinking at all. | 能让我无法思考更好 |
[11:46] | Stop! Stop! | 住手 |
[11:47] | What are you doing?! | 你们在做什么 |
[11:49] | I command you, leave at once! | 我命令你们 马上离开 |
[11:50] | Release me! This is not what it appears! | 放开我 这不是看起来的这样 |
[11:56] | I’ve given it thought, James. | 我考虑了一下 詹姆斯 |
[11:58] | You should not be here. | 你不该来这里 |
[12:00] | Not in my home. | 不该来我家 |
[12:01] | But I am only here because you invited me. | 你邀请了我 我才来的 |
[12:03] | And I only invited you because you have been | 我会邀请你是因为你一直 |
[12:05] | relentless in your pursuit. | 坚持不懈地追求我 |
[12:07] | I needed to speak to you freely, | 我需要和你谈谈 |
[12:10] | but now… | 但现在 |
[12:11] | I am truly sorry if my presence causes you discomfort. | 要是我的出现让你不舒服 我很抱歉 |
[12:16] | Please, | 请你 |
[12:17] | don’t lie to me. | 不要骗我 |
[12:19] | Or to yourself. | 也不要欺骗自己 |
[12:20] | In my position, | 我如今的位置 |
[12:21] | I am constantly surrounded by those | 周围所有人 |
[12:23] | who would seek to deceive me. | 都想欺骗我 |
[12:25] | It would pain me to think that you are no different. | 若你与他们无异 我会很痛心 |
[12:28] | James, | 詹姆斯 |
[12:29] | I would never deceive you, | 我永远不会骗你 |
[12:31] | but I cannot. | 但我不能这样 |
[12:33] | You invited me here | 你邀请我来这里 |
[12:35] | because you think of me as often as I think of you. | 因为你也像我想念你一样想念着我 |
[12:38] | Sir, you are too bold. | 先生 你太大胆了 |
[12:41] | Because your husband is safely away. | 因为你丈夫在远方 |
[12:45] | And because, | 也是因为 |
[12:47] | from the day we met, | 自从初见那天起 |
[12:50] | we’ve both burned for this. | 我们就注定万劫不复 |
[12:54] | I will burn for this. | 是我会下地狱 |
[13:06] | God save my soul. | 愿上帝保佑我 |
[13:08] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[13:24] | You humiliated me! | 你羞辱了我 |
[13:26] | What happens within this room is my business alone. | 这间房子里发生的是我的私事 |
[13:28] | Not yours, not the Church’s, not… | 与你无关 与教堂无关 更… |
[13:30] | Spare me your humiliation. | 别说我的羞辱 |
[13:32] | What about the shame you’ve brought to this family? | 那你让家族蒙羞的事又如何 |
[13:34] | Not to mention this country and to God himself? | 再加上对国家和对神明的亵渎 |
[13:36] | Enough! | 够了 |
[13:37] | God himself has seen much worse and survived. | 上帝目睹过许多人性丑恶也安然无恙 |
[13:40] | He will this, as well. | 这次也一样 |
[13:41] | Can’t you see your sister is grieving? | 你没看到你妹妹很伤心吗 |
[13:43] | She’s trying to push away the pain of Leith’s death. | 利思死了 她在努力疗伤 |
[13:46] | Of course. | 好啊 |
[13:48] | Take her side. | 你就帮她说话吧 |
[13:49] | Rules don’t apply to Claude. | 规矩对克劳德无用 |
[13:51] | They never have. She does as she pleases, | 一向如此 她可以随心所欲 |
[13:52] | whereas I’ve always been dutiful, | 而我却必须承担责任 |
[13:55] | marrying for the good of France. | 为了法国的未来而远嫁 |
[13:56] | Yes! And you’re happy with Philip! | 对 可是你和菲利普很幸福 |
[13:58] | Why do you punish Mother, | 这件事给你带来了好处 |
[13:59] | all of us, for something that made your life better? | 你为何要因此惩罚母亲 惩罚我们 |
[14:01] | Because my life used to be so much worse | 因为我住在这里的时候 |
[14:04] | when I lived here. | 生活像地狱 |
[14:05] | Yours seems as if it’s been grand. | 可你的生活却宛若天堂 |
[14:07] | So close to Mother, always defends you. | 母亲宠爱你 总是护着你 |
[14:10] | There is a price to pay… | 这是要付出代价的… |
[14:11] | For being loved? | 被爱有代价吗 |
[14:12] | For growing close to one another? | 与人亲近有代价吗 |
[14:14] | For the sins of the flesh. | 肉欲罪孽要付出代价 |
[14:15] | You are not my judge! | 你无权审判我 |
[14:17] | No, but my church and my God are. | 对 但教堂和神明可以 |
[14:19] | And they’ve already decided on your punishment. | 他们已经决定惩罚你 |
[14:21] | No. | 不 |
[14:24] | You’re being sent to a nunnery. | 你会被送去修道院 |
[14:26] | You can’t do that. | 你无权这样做 |
[14:28] | Thanks to the laws of our faith | 感谢主的规约 |
[14:30] | and my friends at the Vatican who enforce them, | 感谢教廷的弟兄执行这些规约 |
[14:32] | it’s already been done. | 事情已成定局 |
[14:51] | Your form is very impressive. | 你的姿势真标准 |
[14:53] | I’m glad you think so. | 谢谢你的夸奖 |
[14:54] | I’ve been playing since I was a child. | 我从小就玩这个 |
[14:56] | Really? | 是吗 |
[14:59] | Perhaps we’ll take our own children | 也许将来我们可以带孩子 |
[15:00] | to the links at St. Andrews one day. | 去圣安德鲁斯练习高尔夫 |
[15:04] | We just met an hour ago and already we have children? | 我们一小时前才认识 就说起孩子的事了 |
[15:07] | Well, the sooner we have a child, | 毕竟子嗣来得越快 |
[15:08] | the sooner our line is ensured. | 我们的联盟就越稳固 |
[15:10] | Ah. Politics? | 又是政治 |
[15:11] | And just when I was beginning to enjoy myself. | 我还刚觉得开心呢 |
[15:14] | You may have intruded on my holiday, Lord Darnley, | 你虽然打扰了我的假期 达恩利大人 |
[15:16] | but I will not let you spoil it with business. | 但我不会让你用公事扰我雅兴 |
[15:23] | Although I am curious. | 不过我很好奇 |
[15:24] | Have you already named our children? | 你是否已给孩子起好了名字 |
[15:26] | Or did you leave at least that part for me? | 亦或是你打算稍微尊重下我的意思 |
[15:29] | Well, I hope one of them will be called James. | 我希望一个孩子可以叫詹姆斯 |
[15:32] | After our father. | 以父亲的名字 |
[15:34] | – You must be Lord Darnley. – Indeed. | -你一定是达恩利大人 -正是 |
[15:37] | I’m going to hazard a guess that you are James? | 让我来猜猜看 你是詹姆斯 |
[15:40] | Lord Moray, my brother and most trusted adviser. | 他是莫里大人 我的兄弟 我的忠诚谏臣 |
[15:43] | And it is as your adviser that I am here. | 我正是来这里向你进谏的 |
[15:46] | I have news that cannot wait. | 我有急事 |
[15:48] | For the Queen. | 要向女王殿下请示 |
[15:50] | Please excuse us, Lord Darnley. | 失陪一下 达恩利大人 |
[15:54] | I’ve learned that John Knox is speaking this very day | 我听说约翰·诺克斯正在帕斯郡外的农场 |
[15:57] | at a farm outside Perthshire. | 今天正在发表演说 |
[15:59] | He intends to turn Catholics against you. | 他似乎想让天主教徒讨伐你 |
[16:01] | What import could a place like that have for Knox? | 这样的地方对诺克斯有何好处 |
[16:03] | They are hosting a harvest festival. | 他们正在举办丰收节 |
[16:05] | People travel for miles to attend. | 许多人千里迢迢去参加 |
[16:07] | His hope is that they will take his poisoned seeds of discontent | 他希望能够将这罪恶的种子 |
[16:11] | and scatter them as they return to their homes. | 散播到他们的家乡 |
[16:13] | Why would loyal Catholics listen to anything Knox has to say? | 虔诚的天主教徒为何要听诺克斯的话 |
[16:16] | Their crops have failed. | 庄稼收成不好 |
[16:18] | The people have little to eat. | 人们没有足够的食物 |
[16:19] | He’s going to portray you | 他会将你描述成 |
[16:20] | as a distant and uncaring queen. | 一个事不关己高高挂起的女王 |
[16:23] | You could only know this if… | 你知道这些 只可能是因为… |
[16:25] | I was in Knox’s study. | 我去了诺克斯的书房 |
[16:26] | I read his personal notes. | 读了他的私人笔记 |
[16:28] | You have entered the enemy’s camp. | 你潜入了敌人的营地 |
[16:30] | Well done. | 干得好 |
[16:31] | And now I must do the same. | 现在我也要做同样的事情 |
[16:32] | We will go to Perthshire. | 我们去帕斯郡 |
[16:34] | And where Knox has sown hatred, | 在诺克斯散布仇恨的地方 |
[16:35] | we will scatter seeds of hope. | 我们来散播希望的种子 |
[16:38] | And if the people are hostile? | 如果那些人有敌意呢 |
[16:39] | I will give them a reason not to be. | 我会给他们一个不恨我的理由 |
[16:41] | And I will take Darnley with me. | 我会带上达恩利大人 |
[16:43] | Give him a chance to make a good impression on the people, | 给他一个给人民留下好印象的机会 |
[16:45] | as he has with me. | 他给我的印象不错 |
[16:50] | I was there when His Majesty faced the boar, | 陛下面对这头野猪的时候我也在场 |
[16:53] | armed with only a spear. | 他当时只有一根长矛 |
[16:57] | But King Henry VIII was no ordinary man. | 但亨利八世并非寻常人 |
[17:00] | My father was a giant among men. | 我父亲很魁梧 |
[17:03] | “The Hunting King,” | “猎手国王” |
[17:04] | we called him. How I miss the days | 我们都这么叫他 我多怀念那些 |
[17:07] | when men were men and kings were kings. | 男人有男人气概而国王有国王风范的日子 |
[17:10] | Fortunately, we are blessed with a queen | 幸运的是 我们有幸拥有一位 |
[17:12] | who stands strong in defense of her kingdom. | 强有力地守护着她的国家的女王 |
[17:15] | And blessed to have nobles such as yourself, Lord Maxford, | 和像马克斯福德大人你一样的贵族 |
[17:18] | setting such a wonderful example: | 树立起天主教贵族 |
[17:20] | a Catholic lord treating fairly the Protestant farmers | 和为他们耕种的新教农民 |
[17:23] | who till his land. | 被一视同仁的美好表率 |
[17:24] | You are a living symbol | 我希望这样团结的英格兰能够维持下去 |
[17:26] | of the unified England I wish to preserve. | 而你正是活生生的象征 |
[17:29] | I’m a businessman. | 我是个商人 |
[17:30] | Matters of faith should never interfere with one’s accounts. | 信仰与生意无关 |
[17:33] | Or… alliances. | 也与联盟无关 |
[17:35] | Well, if only others shared your view. | 别人要是也能这么想就好了 |
[17:37] | I wish to work with enlightened men such as yourself | 我希望和你这样开明的人一起 |
[17:40] | – to bridge that chasm… – The real threat | -来弥补裂痕… -英格兰真正的威胁 |
[17:42] | to England does not come from petty squabbles | 不是来自于这些信仰造成的口角 |
[17:45] | over prayer books or even Scotland. | 甚至也不是来自于苏格兰 |
[17:47] | Our greatest threat is from overseas. | 我们最大的威胁在海的另一边 |
[17:49] | You’re a reasonable man. | 你是个明白事理的人 |
[17:50] | You know of what I speak. | 你知道我在说什么 |
[17:52] | You mean Spain. | 你是说西班牙 |
[17:54] | Spain is building a vast fleet | 西班牙在建造大量舰队 |
[17:55] | that will one day bring an invading army to our shores. | 总有一天会将进攻的军队载到我们岸边 |
[17:58] | And our navy is too weak to stop them. | 而我们的海军无力阻挡他们 |
[18:00] | England once ruled the seas. | 英格兰曾经占领海域 |
[18:01] | But alas, | 可惜啊 |
[18:03] | there are no men left with King Henry’s vision. | 再也没有像亨利八世那样有远见的男人了 |
[18:08] | That pompous prig. | 这个自以为是的家伙 |
[18:09] | He couldn’t– no, he wouldn’t even look at me. | 他不能 不 他根本不愿看我一眼 |
[18:12] | It is though my sex rendered me invisible. | 好似我的性别将我变成了透明人 |
[18:14] | Maxford is a blowhard. | 马克斯福德喜欢自吹自擂 |
[18:15] | But his support will protect your throne. | 但他的支持会帮你保住王位 |
[18:17] | He will never protect my throne | 他绝不会保护我的王位 |
[18:19] | as long as a woman sits on it. | 只要上面坐的是个女人 |
[18:20] | You’re not just any woman. | 你可不是一般的女人 |
[18:21] | You are the daughter of Henry VIII, | 你是他尊崇的国王 |
[18:23] | a king he reveres. | 亨利八世的女儿 |
[18:25] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[18:26] | If I am to win his favor, | 如果我想赢得他的爱戴 |
[18:28] | the best way is to show him who I really am. | 最好的办法就是向他展示我是谁 |
[18:31] | Gideon, | 吉迪恩 |
[18:32] | tell Lord Maxford I’m inviting him | 告诉马克斯福德大人我邀请他 |
[18:34] | and the other Catholic nobles on a royal hunt. | 和其他天主教贵族们来一场皇家狩猎 |
[18:36] | – I can’t guarantee he’ll accept. – He will… | -我不确定他会答应 -他会的 |
[18:39] | if you, a reasonable man, joins us. | 只要你这个明白事理的人加入我们 |
[18:42] | Once we’re on the hunting ground, | 等我们踏上狩猎场 |
[18:43] | he’ll learn– | 他就会明白 |
[18:45] | I am nothing less than a Tudor queen. | 我是一位货真价实的都铎女王 |
[18:48] | I must admit, since first hearing of it, | 我得承认 自从听到这个提议起 |
[18:50] | I have given a great deal of thought to Claude in a nunnery. | 我想象了很多克劳德在修道院里的样子 |
[18:54] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[18:55] | Because it arouses me. | 因为这让我性奋 |
[18:57] | A common enough fetish, I’m told. | 我听说这是很常见的癖好 |
[19:00] | Have you convinced Leeza to spare her yet? | 你说服莉扎放过她了吗 |
[19:03] | If you haven’t noticed, | 以防你还没注意到 |
[19:05] | the Spanish crown she wears has made her deaf | 她戴的那顶西班牙王冠让她 |
[19:08] | where I’m concerned. | 对我的担心充耳不闻 |
[19:11] | If Leeza can push out Claude, who’s next? | 如果莉扎赶走克劳德 下一个会是谁 |
[19:13] | Charles? | 查尔斯吗 |
[19:14] | I think we are yet a distance from that. | 我想这还很遥远 |
[19:15] | Well, you better hope so. | 你最好希望如此 |
[19:18] | Without a Valois on the throne, | 如果瓦卢瓦家族失去了王位 |
[19:19] | there’s no saying who the next king will choose | 很难说下一任国王会 |
[19:22] | as lord chancellor. | 选谁当大法官 |
[19:23] | Leeza’s already tried to replace you once. | 莉扎已经尝试过取代你 |
[19:27] | Well, perhaps I should talk to her. | 也许我应该找她谈谈 |
[19:30] | On Claude’s behalf. | 代表克劳德 |
[19:31] | – What are you up to? – I desire only to help. | -你在打什么算盘 -我只是想帮忙 |
[19:33] | And because I am not her mother, | 因为我不是她母亲 |
[19:35] | I believe her hearing might greatly improve when I speak. | 也许我说话时她的听力能恢复不少 |
[19:38] | Very well. Speak with her. | 很好 找她谈谈 |
[19:47] | Today, we celebrate the harvest. | 今天本该是庆祝丰收之日 |
[19:49] | And yet… | 但… |
[19:52] | many go hungry. | 很多人却饱受饥饿之苦 |
[19:54] | I have cried out, “Why, God? | 我大声询问”上帝 为何如此 |
[19:56] | “Why must the people who work the hardest | 为何最为勤奋之人 |
[19:58] | suffer the most?” | 却要遭受最多的苦难” |
[20:00] | It is because Queen Mary | 全都因为玛丽女王 |
[20:02] | is a spoiled French girl who does not care. | 是被宠坏的法国女孩 对子民漠不关心 |
[20:05] | She and her church | 她和她的教会 |
[20:06] | take your tithes and spend it on clothes | 收取你们税奉 全花在服饰 |
[20:09] | and outlandish luxuries. | 以及夸张的奢华生活上 |
[20:12] | While she gets fatter, you starve. | 她日渐丰盈 你们却饿着肚子 |
[20:15] | To her, you are less than chaff blowing in the wind. | 对她来说 你们连风中的秕糠都不如 |
[20:19] | That is a lie! | 一派胡言 |
[20:21] | It’s the queen. | 是女王 |
[20:23] | Reverend Knox is good with words. | 诺克斯教士很会说话 |
[20:26] | But what good are words when you are hungry? | 但在你们饥饿时 话语有什么用 |
[20:29] | You cannot eat them. | 你们不能食之充饥 |
[20:30] | You cannot fill your children’s bellies with them. | 不能拿话语喂饱家里的孩子 |
[20:34] | Lord Darnley, | 达恩利大人 |
[20:35] | show these people that their queen has brought them | 给大家看看他们的女王给他们带来的 |
[20:37] | more than words. | 不仅仅是话语 |
[20:40] | I bring you food for your families. | 我给你们带来喂养家人的粮食 |
[20:43] | Thank you, Your Majesty. | 谢谢您 女王陛下 |
[20:45] | God save Your Majesty. | 上帝保佑女王陛下 |
[20:47] | God bless you. | 上帝保佑您 |
[21:05] | Can’t deny they are well suited, | 不能否认他们很登对 |
[21:07] | and Mary could do much worse. | 也许玛丽还找不到比他更好的对象了 |
[21:10] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[21:14] | Look at her. | 看看她 |
[21:15] | She’s got the ignorant fools eating | 她让这些无知的愚民 |
[21:17] | quite literally from her hand. | 乖乖啃食她手上的饲料 |
[21:19] | Bless you. | 保佑您 |
[21:23] | We must end this gathering. | 我们必须得结束这一切 |
[21:26] | Now. | 马上 |
[21:29] | Bless you. | 保佑您 |
[21:30] | It was Christ himself who instructed all of us | 是基督教诲我们为每日的面包 |
[21:32] | to pray for our daily bread. | 潜心祈祷 以示感恩 |
[21:33] | And it is God who answers. | 这也是上帝对祈祷的回应 |
[21:35] | We are merely his servants. | 我们只是他的仆人 |
[21:43] | Knox is leaving. | 诺克斯要走了 |
[21:45] | I think you’ve won. | 我想这次是你赢了 |
[21:54] | Fire! | 着火了 |
[21:58] | Fire! | 着火了 |
[22:03] | Fire! | 着火了 |
[22:10] | We need to get you out of here! | 我们得带你离开这里 |
[22:12] | No, the fire could spread to the crops! | 不行 火势会蔓延到粮食上 |
[22:14] | We must help! | 我们得帮忙 |
[22:15] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[22:54] | Are the girls all right? | 女孩们都还好吗 |
[22:57] | Is everyone all right? | 大家都还好吗 |
[22:58] | I feel as though my arms are going to drop off, | 我觉得手臂快要断了 |
[23:00] | but the fire is out. | 但幸好把火给扑灭了 |
[23:01] | That’s all that… | 这才是最重要… |
[23:03] | James, you’re burned! | 詹姆斯 你被烧伤了 |
[23:05] | It’s nothing. I’m fine. | 小伤 我没事 |
[23:06] | Three cheers for Mary, Queen of Scots! | 为苏格兰女王玛丽欢呼 |
[23:09] | Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah! | 万岁 万岁 万岁 |
[23:17] | Your gracious Majesty, thank you! | 尊贵的女王陛下 谢谢您 |
[23:21] | You’ll be as good as new in no time. | 很快就能恢复如初 |
[23:24] | Has either of you seen Lord Darnley? | 你们有谁看见达恩利大人了吗 |
[23:25] | I can’t seem to find him. | 我找不着他了 |
[23:27] | I saw him with the horses during the fire, | 着火的时候我看见他在马旁边 |
[23:29] | but since then… | 但那之后就… |
[23:30] | Fire! | 着火了 |
[23:33] | Oh, not again. | 怎么又来了 |
[23:34] | Help! My boy’s in there! | 救命啊 我的孩子还在里面 |
[23:36] | Help! | 救命啊 |
[23:41] | It’s Darnley! | 是达恩利 |
[24:00] | The farmer says, “I think my wife’s dead. | 农夫说”我想我老婆应该死了 |
[24:02] | The sex is about the same, but the dishes are piling up.” | 虽然做爱和平常无异但碗碟日渐堆积” |
[24:08] | It’s unfortunate Gideon couldn’t be here. | 可惜今天吉迪恩不能来 |
[24:10] | I hope he’s not out courting some other queen. | 希望他没有跑出去追求其他的女王 |
[24:12] | I’m thankful you were gracious enough | 我感恩的是你能抽空前来 |
[24:14] | to continue the hunt without him. | 即使在他缺席的情况下 |
[24:15] | You seem surprised yourself he didn’t show. | 看来你也很讶异于他的缺席 |
[25:00] | Your Majesty, | 女王陛下 |
[25:02] | the skill you showed on the hunting grounds today | 今天你在狩猎场展示的技巧 |
[25:05] | reveals a warrior’s instinct. | 体现了战士的本能 |
[25:07] | A trait you no doubt inherited from your father. | 你显然继承了你父亲的优良传统 |
[25:10] | I’m not sure I would have bagged such a prize stag | 若是你没有让其受惊 |
[25:12] | had you not flushed him out for me. | 我也不确定能拿下如此健壮的雄鹿 |
[25:17] | Being in your woods today reminded me | 在你的林中狩猎让我想起 |
[25:19] | of something you said. | 你说过的话 |
[25:21] | Your concern of a possible Spanish invasion, | 你对西班牙入侵的担忧 |
[25:23] | and you’re right. | 你说得非常正确 |
[25:25] | Our Royal Navy needs a much larger fleet, | 我们的皇家海军需要更大的舰队 |
[25:27] | but such a fleet would require a vast amount of lumber. | 但此等规模的舰队需要大量的木材 |
[25:31] | Lumber you have in abundance in your own backyard. | 在你的后院就有大量的木材资源 |
[25:33] | I wonder, would you consider selling that lumber to the Crown? | 我想知道你是否会考虑把木材卖给皇室 |
[25:37] | At a very fair price, of course. | 当然是以合理的价格 |
[25:39] | Such patriotism deserves to be richly rewarded. | 此等爱国之举值得丰厚的奖赏 |
[25:43] | That is a brilliant idea. | 这是个绝妙的主意 |
[25:46] | In exchange for such an arrangement, | 作为这项合作的交换 |
[25:48] | I would need to know I had your full support | 我要确定你能够全力支持我 |
[25:51] | and the support of your Catholic friends. | 还有你的那些天主教朋友 |
[25:54] | That would include not meeting | 我的要求是 |
[25:56] | with representatives of the Vatican, | 如果梵蒂冈的大使对你们表露出兴趣 |
[25:58] | should they choose to turn their attention your way. | 你们不可以与他们见面 |
[26:03] | I hereby pledge my undying loyalty to the Crown. | 在此我保证永远忠于皇室 |
[26:08] | And if the Vatican were to call, | 若是梵蒂冈与我们联系 |
[26:10] | they would find us otherwise occupied. | 我们会说有其他要事在身 |
[26:14] | To the hunting queen! | 敬勇敢的女王 |
[26:16] | Queen! | 女王万岁 |
[26:20] | Please tell me you’ve succeeded in curbing my | 请告诉我你已经让我女儿 |
[26:22] | Spanish mule of a daughter’s flight of jealousy. | 在妒忌的道路上停止奔袭了 |
[26:25] | Leeza will no longer require Claude to join a convent. | 莉扎不会逼克劳德去修道院了 |
[26:28] | Well, surely not out of the goodness of her heart. | 虽然肯定不是因为她心善 |
[26:30] | There was only one way that she would agree | 只有一种方法能让她不反对 |
[26:32] | to allow her sister to lead a non-celibate life. | 克劳德孤独终老 |
[26:36] | – Leeza wants Claude wed. – To a Catholic noble | -莉扎要让她结婚 -嫁给天主教贵族 |
[26:39] | of respectable rank and title. | 地位和头衔都要高的 |
[26:41] | Claude has earned the right to choose her own husband. | 可克劳德赢得了自己选择丈夫的权力 |
[26:44] | Yes, well… | 这虽然没错 |
[26:46] | her husband has already been chosen. | 但有人已经帮她选好了 |
[26:49] | Terms of the deal. | 这是成交的条件 |
[26:51] | I’ve never even heard of this Luc Narcisse. | 我都没听说过这个叫卢克·纳西斯的 |
[26:54] | I have a handful of adult children. | 我的好几个孩子都成年了 |
[26:56] | Oh, if it puts your mind at ease, this particular apple | 如果这能让你放心点的话 |
[27:00] | fell some distance from the tree. | 我得说这个孩子跟我可不太像 |
[27:02] | That’s hard to believe when he carries your name. | 这真难相信 他毕竟是你儿子 |
[27:04] | This is your fault! | 这都怪你 |
[27:05] | Your fault you weren’t a better mother to Leeza. | 都怪你对莉扎太差劲了 |
[27:07] | Your fault she’s turning years of resentment against me… | 所以她才把多年积怨都发泄在我身上 |
[27:09] | I know, Claude. I’m sorry. | 我知道 克劳德 我很抱歉 |
[27:11] | She has the laws of our faith on her side. | 她手里有宗教法规这张牌啊 |
[27:14] | You need to make a decision: marriage or the nunnery. | 你必须决定是结婚还是当修女 |
[27:18] | Do I at least get to meet my future husband before I choose? | 起码我能先见见未来的丈夫吧 |
[27:33] | Father. | 父亲 |
[27:34] | Queen Mother. | 王太后 |
[27:38] | And you must be Princess Claude. | 你一定是克劳德公主了 |
[27:48] | I have a confession to make. I’m not a virgin, either. | 我也必须承认 我也不是处子之身 |
[27:52] | I’m glad you’re enjoying this situation. | 你看起来对自己挺满意的 |
[27:55] | And I don’t mean to make light of the circumstances. | 我无意掩盖这件事的严重性 |
[27:57] | Believe me, this is all happening just as quickly for me. | 相信我 我也是突然知道这件事的 |
[28:02] | But I want to make this work. | 但我想和你好好生活 |
[28:04] | Plenty of arranged marriages do. | 好多包办婚姻的结果都不错 |
[28:06] | And plenty don’t. | 也有好多悲剧收场的 |
[28:07] | Two random people forced | 两个人随随便便就能被 |
[28:09] | to spend the rest of their lives together? | 捆在一起共度余生吗 |
[28:10] | You don’t even know who I am, | 你一点也不了解我 |
[28:12] | what I like… | 我喜欢什么 |
[28:15] | who I love. | 我爱的人是谁 |
[28:17] | No, but I have heard about you. | 没错 但我听说过你的事 |
[28:19] | Enough to know that I would not seek | 我也明白不可能要求你改变自己 |
[28:20] | to change your spirit, but to embrace it. | 我只能来接受你的一切 |
[28:28] | I will prove myself to be a loyal husband, | 我会对你忠贞不二 |
[28:31] | one who can protect you. | 永远保护你 |
[28:34] | I know who you are. | 我倒知道你是谁 |
[28:35] | You’re the son of the most ruthless man at French court. | 法国宫廷里最残暴的人的儿子 |
[28:39] | Well, I was never his favorite son, | 我一直不是父亲最喜欢的孩子 |
[28:41] | because I was never like him. | 因为我跟他一点也不像 |
[28:42] | Certainly, my father has his reasons | 虽然父亲是出于某种原因安排了这场婚姻 |
[28:44] | for suggesting this marriage, as I do for accepting, | 就像我也是因为某种理由而接受它 |
[28:48] | but they’re not the same reasons. | 但我的理由与他不同 |
[28:50] | My relationship with my father has had many… | 我和父亲的关系并不是那么 |
[28:53] | challenges. | 和谐 |
[28:55] | That’s not the life I wish for my children. | 而我不希望让自己的孩子重蹈覆辙 |
[28:59] | Yes, I do expect to have heirs. | 是的 我希望我们能有孩子 |
[29:01] | You are a princess, after all. | 你毕竟是位公主 |
[29:03] | They would get a good life. | 孩子们会有很好的生活 |
[29:06] | Not to mention… | 更别说… |
[29:12] | …I would be marrying a most stunning woman. | 我要娶的是位美丽无比的女人 |
[29:19] | Luc, may I have a moment to speak with my daughter in private? | 卢克 我可以跟我女儿私下说句话吗 |
[29:24] | Of course. | 当然 |
[29:30] | Things are going well, I take it? | 发展得还不错吧 |
[29:32] | It’s not… awful. | 还不算…太糟糕 |
[29:36] | Mother, Leith. | 母亲 你忘了利思吗 |
[29:38] | Is gone. | 利思已经死了 |
[29:40] | And Luc may appear to be a decent man, | 卢克看起来是个不错的人 |
[29:44] | but I’ve learned to never trust the beginning of a book. | 但是千万别被这几分钟的相处迷惑 |
[29:47] | He is a Narcisse, after all. | 他毕竟姓纳西斯 |
[29:50] | I know this isn’t what you wanted, | 我知道你很不情愿 |
[29:51] | but for now, this marriage will protect you. | 但是至少目前结婚能让你得到保护 |
[29:55] | And because I am partially to blame | 我对你现在的遭遇也负有一些责任 |
[29:56] | for your situation, here is my promise to you. | 所以我向你保证 |
[29:59] | Once we rid this court of Leeza, | 一旦摆脱莉扎和她的宫廷 |
[30:02] | I will help you deal with the consequences of | 我就帮你解除你和卢克的关系 |
[30:04] | your union to Luc, should there be any. | 如果你们俩真的结婚的话 |
[30:09] | If he ever lays a hand on you, | 要是他敢碰你一下 |
[30:12] | I will get you out of this marriage. | 我一定帮你离开他 |
[30:15] | Do you mean that? | 真的吗 |
[30:16] | I may not be able to get you back from a nunnery, | 也许我没能力把你从修道院里弄出来 |
[30:19] | but when the time is right, I can make you a widow. | 但一旦有必要 我还是能让你丧夫的 |
[30:25] | All right. | 好吧 |
[30:26] | I’ll do it. | 这婚我结 |
[30:27] | I’ll… marry Luc. | 我会嫁给卢克的 |
[30:34] | You showed great courage when you saved that child. | 你救那个孩子时表现出了极大的勇气 |
[30:37] | It has convinced many, who will persuade many more, | 这会让很多人信服 |
[30:40] | that you would be a worthy king. | 相信你会是一个称职的国王 |
[30:42] | The courage I showed was no more than your own. | 我所表现的勇气并不比你更多 |
[30:45] | And the only person I wish | 而我唯一想要取信的人 |
[30:46] | to persuade of my worth sits before me. | 就坐在我的面前 |
[30:49] | I’ll be honest, Lord Darnley. | 说实话 达恩利大人 |
[30:51] | I did not expect to like you… but I do. | 我本不指望我会喜欢你 但我想错了 |
[30:55] | If you find the terms | 如果你觉得 |
[30:56] | that I have laid out for our marriage acceptable, | 我对我们联姻所给出的条款可接受的话 |
[31:00] | our union will serve Scotland well. | 我们的结合会对苏格兰很有益 |
[31:03] | But I find myself wondering | 但我不得不疑惑 |
[31:06] | if this is something that you would… | 这是不是你… |
[31:09] | Am I…? | 我… |
[31:12] | Am I what you expected? | 我是你所期待的人吗 |
[31:17] | You are more so. | 你比我期待的更好 |
[31:19] | I only wish that your regard for me could be as generous. | 我只希望你对我也敞开心扉 |
[31:22] | Why do you say it is not? | 为什么这么说 |
[31:24] | Because of what you withhold. | 因为你所隐瞒的事 |
[31:27] | The Crown Matrimonial. | 并肩王 |
[31:30] | Oh, how romantic. | 真浪漫啊 |
[31:32] | Your thoughts are already of your life without me | 你已经想到我死后 |
[31:34] | after I am dead. | 你的生活了 |
[31:35] | Not at all. I’m thinking of you. | 不 我是在为你考虑 |
[31:37] | Of carrying on your legacy. | 继承你的传统 |
[31:39] | Mary, people die all the time. | 玛丽 人固有一死 |
[31:41] | Women more so of illness, childbirth… | 女人经常因为疾病 生产… |
[31:44] | Assassination? | 刺杀 |
[31:46] | I would protect you with my life | 如果我可以 我愿付出生命 |
[31:49] | against all things if I could. | 去护你周全 |
[31:53] | Would you? | 你会吗 |
[31:54] | A wife you barely know? | 为了一个你几乎陌生的妻子 |
[31:56] | Your logic is new. | 你的逻辑真新颖 |
[31:59] | But I’ve had this request made of me by another. | 但我已经收到过这样的请求 |
[32:01] | And he plotted to have me killed. | 而那个人却阴谋杀害我 |
[32:03] | I am generous but only to a point. | 我并非随便对谁都敞开心扉 |
[32:05] | In the matter of the Crown Matrimonial, I will not yield. | 在并肩王的事情上 我是不会屈服的 |
[32:11] | I hadn’t realized your painful history | 我并不清楚你在这个事情上 |
[32:13] | with regard to this. | 所经历过的痛苦 |
[32:19] | All right. | 好吧 |
[32:20] | I accept your terms. | 我接受你的条件 |
[32:22] | Well, you don’t seem happy about it. | 你似乎对此并不高兴 |
[32:25] | I am an ambitious man. | 我是一个雄心勃勃的人 |
[32:28] | And if this is my one chance at King, I will take it. | 如果这是我当上国王的机会 我会抓住的 |
[32:31] | And if I am King for only as long as you live, | 如果只有你活着我才是国王 |
[32:33] | then I say long live the queen. | 那我得说 愿女王万岁 |
[32:40] | That’s it, then. | 那就这样吧 |
[32:41] | We will be wed. | 我们会结婚 |
[32:43] | For Scotland. | 为了苏格兰 |
[33:06] | Leith, I pray you’re at peace. | 利思 我祈祷你得到安息 |
[33:08] | Forgive me. | 原谅我 |
[33:19] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[34:41] | Little sister. | 妹妹 |
[34:43] | I’m so sorry Charles couldn’t manage to attend | 真遗憾 查尔斯连皇家婚礼 |
[34:46] | even a royal wedding, | 都不参加 |
[34:47] | but I do hope you accept my best wishes. | 但我喜欢你收下我的祝福 |
[34:50] | May matrimony set you on a more honorable path. | 希望婚姻能让你走上更体面的路 |
[34:53] | God will be watching should you stray from it. | 如果偏离正轨 上帝会看着你的 |
[34:55] | As he watches all of his creatures. | 就像他看着他的所有子民一样 |
[34:56] | Thank you, Your Majesty. | 谢谢 陛下 |
[34:58] | God should be pleased to know that I have every intention | 上帝知道我决心要给克劳德 |
[35:02] | of providing a happy life for Claude. | 美好的生活会很高兴的 |
[35:07] | I do think it’s time for our first dance, don’t you? | 现在该是我们跳第一支舞的时候了 对吗 |
[35:15] | You didn’t have to do that. | 你不用这样帮我 |
[35:17] | Do what? | 帮什么 |
[35:18] | I’m simply a man who wants to share a dance with his bride. | 我只是一个想和新娘跳舞的普通男人 |
[35:45] | Are you certain that lovely young man | 你确定这个可爱的年轻人 |
[35:47] | is related to you? | 是你亲儿子吗 |
[35:49] | Is it really so surprising? | 有这么让人惊讶吗 |
[35:52] | Things have turned out very well for you, haven’t they? | 事情都如你所愿 是吗 |
[35:55] | Yes. | 没错 |
[35:56] | For Claude, as well, I trust. | 我相信对克劳德来说也一样 |
[36:00] | I am grateful. | 我很感激 |
[36:14] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[36:15] | Will you excuse me for a moment? | 失陪一下 |
[36:20] | Charles! | 查尔斯 |
[36:22] | I heard that you had taken to your bed. | 我听谁说你已经睡了 |
[36:24] | Where are you…? Charles! | 你要去哪… 查尔斯 |
[36:29] | Is that blood? | 那是血吗 |
[36:31] | Are you hurt? | 你受伤了吗 |
[36:33] | Did you hurt someone? | 你伤害了别人吗 |
[36:36] | Do you realize what people are whispering about you? | 你难道没发现大家都在议论你吗 |
[36:38] | They’re already saying that you are a necrophiliac. | 他们已经在说你是个恋尸癖了 |
[36:42] | If anyone saw you in this state, | 如果他们看到你这样 |
[36:44] | they will think that you are a vampire | 就会觉得你是一个吸血鬼 |
[36:46] | who has been feasting… | 刚刚吸过血… |
[36:48] | Enough! | 够了 |
[37:04] | Gideon, you grace us with your presence at last. | 吉迪恩 你终于大驾光临了 |
[37:07] | Lord Maxford nearly canceled the hunt when you failed to show, | 你没来 马克斯福德大人差点就取消了狩猎 |
[37:10] | but I won his allegiance nonetheless. | 但我还是获得了他的忠诚 |
[37:13] | But you embarrassed me. | 但你让我难堪了 |
[37:15] | That cannot happen again. | 这种事不能再发生了 |
[37:20] | I don’t give a damn about Maxford or your embarrassment. | 马克斯福德还是你的难堪我都无所谓 |
[37:23] | What? | 什么 |
[37:24] | You dare… | 你竟敢… |
[37:25] | There’s nothing you can do to me that could cause me any more pain. | 你无法让我更痛苦了 |
[37:28] | I have given everything to your service and now stand to lose | 我为你牺牲了一切 现在我要失去 |
[37:32] | the only thing that matters to me. | 自己唯一在乎的东西了 |
[37:35] | What happened? What is it? | 出什么事了 怎么了 |
[37:38] | My daughter’s condition has worsened. | 我女儿的病情恶化了 |
[37:41] | The doctors don’t know what to do. | 医生不知道该怎么办 |
[37:42] | They have told me to prepare for the worst. | 他们让我做好最坏的打算 |
[37:47] | Without Agatha, I am lost. | 没有阿加莎 我一无所有 |
[37:50] | I’m so sorry. | 真的很遗憾 |
[37:52] | I didn’t know. | 我不知情 |
[37:53] | Yet I should have. | 可我应该知情 |
[37:55] | But my duty to my queen took up all my attention. | 但我所有的精力都用在了对女王尽职上 |
[37:59] | I was so busy keeping your house in order that I let my own crumble. | 我忙着顾你的国家 却忘记了自己的小家 |
[38:02] | Don’t lose hope, Gideon. | 不要失去希望 吉迪恩 |
[38:05] | I promise you | 我保证 |
[38:08] | I will do everything in my power to help Agatha. | 我会尽我所能帮助阿加莎 |
[38:14] | You have no power over this. | 你管不了这个 |
[38:16] | None at all. | 你无能无力 |
[38:29] | It’s not too late to choose the nunnery. | 现在选择去修道院还不晚 |
[38:32] | I think it is. | 应该吧 |
[38:50] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[38:56] | Would you mind if I kissed you now? | 你介意我吻你吗 |
[39:02] | I have not kissed a man since Leith. | 利思之后我就没吻过别人了 |
[39:13] | When I heard it, I didn’t believe it. | 我听说的时候 根本不相信 |
[39:19] | We thought you were dead. | 我们以为你死了 |
[39:21] | There were days I wished I was. | 有些日子我真希望如此 |
[39:24] | But I knew Claude was waiting. | 但我知道克劳德在等我 |
[39:26] | You shouldn’t have come back. | 你不该回来 |
[39:29] | Then it’s true. | 那看来是真的了 |
[39:31] | What I’ve just been told. | 我刚听说的事 |
[39:35] | Claude has wed. | 克劳德结婚了 |
[39:41] | This very night. | 就在今晚 |
[39:43] | Then there’s still a chance. | 那我还有机会 |
[39:45] | If she hasn’t consummated the marriage, it can still be annulled. | 如果他们还没圆房 那还可以取消 |
[39:47] | I have to find her. | 我得找到她 |
[39:48] | Let her know that I’m alive. | 让她知道我还活着 |
[39:49] | That I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[39:50] | I’m sorry, Leith. | 抱歉 利思 |
[39:51] | But I cannot allow that to happen. | 我不能让你去找她 |
[39:53] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么这么做 |
[39:54] | Claude has married my son. | 克劳德嫁给了我儿子 |
[39:56] | No. No! | 不 不 |
[39:57] | And it’s my duty to ensure they have a long and happy marriage. | 确保她们的婚姻幸福美满是我的责任 |
[40:01] | Take him away. | 带他走 |
[40:02] | No! | 不 |
[40:03] | Claude! | 克劳德 |
[40:04] | I am an officer of the kingsguard! | 我是禁卫军长官 |
[40:06] | Let me go! | 放开我 |
[40:07] | Claude! Claude! | 克劳德 克劳德 |
[40:10] | You’re getting married. | 你要成婚了 |
[40:11] | I do wish you were happier about this. | 我希望你能为此开心一点 |
[40:14] | It’s the decision I made when I sent Gideon away. | 我让吉迪恩离开时是这么决定的 |
[40:17] | But still, | 但是 |
[40:19] | for a moment there I allowed myself | 有一瞬间 我自己 |
[40:21] | to think it could be more. | 也想得到更多 |
[40:23] | When we were handing out bread, | 我们分发面包时 |
[40:25] | fighting the fire together, | 我们一起灭火时 |
[40:28] | not as king and queen, but as two people of like mind and spirit. | 不是国王和王后 而是两个心意相通的人 |
[40:34] | Like you and Francis. | 就像你和弗朗西斯 |
[40:36] | Darnley has shown his true ambition. | 达恩利表明了自己真正的野心 |
[40:38] | Can you blame anyone for wanting to be king? | 任何人想当国王都没有错 |
[40:43] | No, I suppose not. | 应该是吧 |
[40:44] | You don’t have to marry him. | 你不是非得嫁给他 |
[40:46] | If I want to challenge Elizabeth and survive, I do. | 若我想挑战伊丽莎白并活下去 就要 |
[40:49] | But what is survival without even the hope of love? | 但是没有爱的希望 那活下去有何意义 |
[40:52] | My people… | 我的人民… |
[40:53] | I’m not talking about your subjects. | 我说的不是你的子民 |
[40:54] | I’m talking about you. | 我说的是你 |
[40:55] | I know you, Mary. | 我了解你 玛丽 |
[40:56] | It won’t be enough. | 那样不够的 |
[40:58] | It will have to be enough. | 那样必须够 |
[41:04] | What’s this wood? | 这是什么木头 |
[41:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[41:07] | Is that wood burnt? | 是烧了的那块吗 |
[41:14] | It says, “Be careful. | 上面写的是”小心点 |
[41:16] | “Darnley started his own fire to appear a hero.” | 达恩利为了逞英雄自己放的火” |
[41:20] | It’s signed, “Loyal Watchman.” | 落款是”忠心的守卫” |
[41:22] | “Loyal Watchman”? | “忠心的守卫” |
[41:25] | Who is that? | 那是谁 |
[41:26] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[41:30] | Do you think it’s true? | 你觉得这是真的吗 |
[41:31] | Could Darnley have done such a thing? | 达恩利有没有可能做出这种事 |
[41:36] | Who have I agreed to marry? | 我这是同意嫁给了一个什么样的人 |