时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You’d plunge France into war to sate your lust for my crown. | 你为了得到我的王位 妄图让法国陷入战争 |
[00:05] | But you will never have what belongs to me. | 但你永远不会得到我的东西 |
[00:08] | You deserve someone that cares for you. | 你值得更好的人 |
[00:10] | I mean me. | 我指的是我 |
[00:11] | The truth is we both need this marriage to work. | 事实是 我们都需要这段婚姻 |
[00:14] | Me to shore up my country’s finances, | 我需要维持我国的财政 |
[00:15] | and you to gain Catholic support | 你需要获得天主教支持 |
[00:17] | to counter Mary’s aggression. But you must stop | 抵抗玛丽的虎视眈眈 但你必须停止 |
[00:20] | whatever is happening between you and Gideon Blackburn. | 你和吉迪恩·布莱克本之间的事 |
[00:22] | – And you must remove him from court. – I will. | -你必须让他离开宫廷 -我会的 |
[00:25] | I just received word from one of my spies | 我的间谍给我消息 |
[00:26] | that your privy council is planning to overthrow you, | 枢密院准备推翻你的统治 |
[00:28] | and your worthless, traitor of a husband is helping them. | 而你没用的叛徒丈夫正在帮助他们 |
[00:30] | You have to leave now. Muster our forces | 你现在得走了 让我们的军队 |
[00:32] | and prepare to storm the castle. | 准备好攻击城堡 |
[00:34] | Mary, what happened? | 玛丽 发生什么事了 |
[00:35] | They wanted to accuse me of adultery | 他们想指控我通奸 |
[00:37] | and when they didn’t find you, Bothwell, | 他们没找到你 博斯威尔 |
[00:39] | they butchered David. | 所以杀害了大卫 |
[00:40] | Darnley, help me escape the castle. | 达恩利 帮我逃出城堡 |
[00:42] | – They will kill you. – If we’re going to escape, | -他们会杀了你 -如果我们要逃走 |
[00:44] | we’ve have to do it now. | 就得趁现在 |
[00:45] | Your sovereign queen has been betrayed. | 你们的女王被人背叛了 |
[00:48] | We will take back the castle. | 我们会夺回城堡 |
[00:51] | And the traitors will pay for what they have done | 叛徒将为自己的所作所为 |
[00:53] | with their lives. | 付出生命代价 |
[01:05] | It’s time. | 是时候了 |
[01:06] | Mary, I understand you want to lead the charge | 玛丽 我知道你想领军攻打爱丁堡城 |
[01:08] | on Edinburgh castle, but must I point out the obvious? | 但这么明显的事实还需要我来指出吗 |
[01:11] | Yes, I am with child. | 是的 我怀有身孕 |
[01:13] | But I must show my people, | 但我必须向子民 |
[01:14] | and the treasonous privy council, | 和谋反的枢密院表明 |
[01:16] | that I am Scotland’s only true and legitimate ruler. | 我是苏格兰唯一真正合法的统治者 |
[01:19] | And as such, you must protect yourself, | 正因如此 你必须保护自己 |
[01:21] | and the life of your heir, at all costs. | 和你继承人的生命 不惜一切代价 |
[01:24] | I’ve gathered legions of loyal clansmen | 我召集了大批忠诚的族人 |
[01:26] | who are ready to march on your behalf. | 他们准备好代你出征了 |
[01:28] | Allow me to lead in your stead. | 让我代替你领军吧 |
[01:29] | I beg of you. | 我求你了 |
[01:32] | I will remain at a cautious distance, | 为了我的孩子 |
[01:34] | for my child’s sake. | 我会保持谨慎的距离 |
[01:35] | But I will not stay behind. | 但我不会留在后面 |
[01:37] | I want Lord Ruthven and the council to know | 我想要卢斯文大人和枢密院知道 |
[01:39] | that it is their queen who is taking back her castle. | 是他们的女王在夺回她的城堡 |
[01:43] | And all those involved in the coup last night, | 昨晚牵涉到政变的所有人 |
[01:46] | they will pay a very steep price for it. | 会为此付出惨痛的代价 |
[01:50] | Hundreds of heavily armed clansmen | 几百个全副武装的族人 |
[01:51] | – descending on the castle? – I’m afraid so, my Lord. | -在袭击城堡吗 -恐怕是 大人 |
[01:54] | Gather the privy council, wake and alert them at once. | 召集枢密院 立马叫醒并警告他们 |
[01:56] | Sir, I– I’m afraid they’ve fled. | 大人 恐怕他们逃跑了 |
[01:59] | Fled? | 逃跑 |
[02:00] | – All of them? – King Darnley as well. | -所有人吗 -还有达恩利国王 |
[02:02] | One sign of resistance and those cowards | 只要一有反抗的迹象 那些懦夫 |
[02:04] | slither out the back door. And Mary? | 就从后门溜走了 玛丽呢 |
[02:07] | Does she know her king has fled? | 她知道国王逃跑了吗 |
[02:08] | She’s been under guard, | 她受到了监视 |
[02:09] | imprisoned in her quarters all night. | 整晚都被囚禁在住处 |
[02:15] | By order of the queen, | 根据女王的命令 |
[02:16] | I demand your immediate surrender. | 我要求你们立即投降 |
[02:18] | I’m afraid that won’t be possible. | 恐怕那是不可能的 |
[02:20] | I hold this castle, | 我占据了这座城堡 |
[02:22] | as I also hold the queen of Scots as my prisoner. | 也将苏格兰女王挟为人质 |
[02:25] | You hold nothing, Lord Ruthven. | 你什么都没占据 卢斯文大人 |
[02:27] | And the queen is here… | 女王就在这里 |
[02:30] | to see you fall. | 看你倒台 |
[02:39] | For the crimes of high treason | 你犯了叛国罪 |
[02:41] | and insurrection against the crown, | 和谋反罪 |
[02:43] | you are sentenced to death, Lord Ruthven. | 被宣判死刑 卢斯文大人 |
[02:45] | Your family lands will be spared, however, | 但是如果你指认谋反的领袖 |
[02:48] | if you testify against your traitorous leader. | 你的家族田地会得到赦免 |
[02:51] | I know nothing of traitors, only patriots | 我不知道叛徒的事 只知道 |
[02:55] | fighting a Catholic tyrant | 反抗天主教暴君和假女王的 |
[02:58] | and false queen. | 爱国者 |
[03:01] | You will get nothing from me. | 我不会吐露半个字 |
[03:03] | As you wish, Lord Ruthven. | 如你所愿 卢斯文大人 |
[03:05] | I will be more than happy to round up | 我十分乐意围捕 |
[03:06] | the remaining members of your faithless privy council | 你不忠枢密院的剩余成员 |
[03:09] | for the testimony I need. | 给出我要的证词 |
[03:11] | And I will do it. | 我会做到的 |
[03:12] | No matter how long it takes. | 不管那需要多长时间 |
[03:19] | That was for David Rizzio. | 这是为了大卫·里齐奥 |
[03:27] | You asked to see me, Reverend Knox? | 你要见我 诺克斯教士 |
[03:29] | I’ve come to demand that you call off your guards. | 我要求你取消警卫 |
[03:32] | They tail me relentlessly, day in and day out. | 他们不屈不挠地跟踪我 日复一日 |
[03:35] | You are in no position to make demands. | 你无权提要求 |
[03:36] | If you have evidence to arrest me for something, | 如果你有证据逮捕我 |
[03:38] | – then do it. – I assure you, | -那就快动手 -我跟你保证 |
[03:40] | I will have evidence soon enough. | 我很快就会有证据 |
[03:43] | Months have passed, | 几个月时间过去了 |
[03:43] | and still not a single council conspirator | 依然没有一个枢密院反叛者 |
[03:45] | has been apprehended. | 遭到逮捕 |
[03:47] | Your husband, the king, has vanished. | 你丈夫 也就是国王 消失了 |
[03:49] | Perhaps it’s time to be honest with yourself. | 也许你该对自己坦诚了 |
[03:51] | Enlighten me, Reverend. | 请指教 教士 |
[03:53] | You are a selfish and misguided queen, | 你是个误入歧途的自私女王 |
[03:55] | whose own husband moved to topple your rule. | 连自家丈夫都来推翻你的统治 |
[03:57] | Whose own privy council despised you enough | 而你的枢密院如此厌恶你 |
[03:59] | to assist him in his treachery. | 他们甚至帮助你丈夫叛国 |
[04:02] | You have stirred hatred against me since my return. | 自我回来起 你一直挑动大家厌恶我 |
[04:05] | You dangled Darnley in front of the privy council | 你将达恩利引荐给枢密院 |
[04:08] | as my replacement. | 想取代我 |
[04:09] | You fostered this insurrection, | 这次政变是你一手策划 |
[04:11] | and that is treason! | 这就是叛国 |
[04:12] | King Darnley and the privy council | 达恩利国王和枢密院 |
[04:14] | are likely regrouping as we speak. | 在我们说话期间可能已经重整旗鼓了 |
[04:16] | Preparing another attack on your crown. | 准备在一起夺取你的王位 |
[04:18] | How can you not see? | 你难道看不见吗 |
[04:21] | I’ve never been your greatest threat. | 我从来就不是你最大的威胁 |
[04:31] | Time to put an end to that pious agitator, Knox, | 是时候了结那个兴风作浪的诺克斯了 |
[04:34] | once and for all. | 一了百了 |
[04:35] | Believe me, I will. | 相信我 我会的 |
[04:38] | – And you know what you have to do? – Yes. | -你知道自己要做什么吧 -我知道 |
[04:39] | The agreement with Spain is quite explicit. | 和西班牙的协议再明确不过了 |
[04:43] | As soon as Charles chooses | 一旦查尔斯选择了 |
[04:45] | one of the brides approved by Philip, | 菲利普认可的新娘 |
[04:47] | Spain will finally support Charles’ reign. | 西班牙就会支持查尔斯的统治 |
[04:50] | They were impressed with him taking his post in hand, | 他们感动于他捍卫自己王权的行为 |
[04:53] | but now is not the time for equivocation. | 但现在不能够模糊其词 |
[04:55] | I hope the king knows that. | 希望国王明白这一点 |
[04:56] | Well, Charles is quite eager | 查尔斯迫切地想 |
[04:58] | to end the threat of Henri assuming his throne. | 摆脱亨利对他王位的威胁 |
[05:02] | For once my sons’ rivalry actually helps us. | 这次我儿子之间的刀剑相向也许真能帮到我们 |
[05:05] | I do worry, though, with you away, | 但是 我还真有点担心你一走 |
[05:08] | Nicole will be a bit less… | 妮可可能会不那么 |
[05:10] | manageable? | 好管束 |
[05:11] | She’s proven key in keeping Charles in line. | 她是掌控查尔斯的良方 |
[05:14] | I have spoken with her and I have filled her purse with coin. | 我和她谈过了 还给了她大笔金钱 |
[05:18] | She knows what must be done. | 她知道要怎么做的 |
[05:33] | Are you certain this is safe? | 你确定这样安全吗 |
[05:34] | Safer than the castle. I’ve taken a room at the inn. | 比城堡里安全多了 我在旅馆订了间房 |
[05:37] | We can’t keep risking our afternoons together | 我们不能在查尔斯眼皮底下呆一下午 |
[05:39] | right under Charles’ nose. | 我们不能冒这个险 |
[05:40] | Why do you care about Charles? | 你管查尔斯做什么 |
[05:42] | Your brother has been kind to me. | 你兄弟对我很好 |
[05:43] | I have no desire to see him hurt. | 我无意伤害他 |
[05:46] | The feelings I have for you, Henri… | 而我对你的感情 亨利 |
[05:50] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[05:51] | Tell me you feel the same. | 告诉我你也爱我 |
[05:53] | I love being with you. | 我喜欢和你在一起 |
[06:06] | To hell with Knox. I want all the remaining | 诺克斯见鬼去吧 立刻围捕 |
[06:09] | members of the privy council rounded up at once. | 所有剩下的枢密院成员 |
[06:11] | I assure you we’ve been searching for them | 我向你保证 我们已经竭尽所能地 |
[06:12] | in every possible manner. | 在搜寻他们了 |
[06:14] | Even your brother James is on the lookout | 我们甚至也在西部地区搜寻 |
[06:15] | in the western region, which is a likely hideout. | 你的兄弟詹姆斯 那里很可能是藏身地 |
[06:18] | There’s one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[06:20] | Knox was right. | 诺克斯是对的 |
[06:22] | Darnley may have helped me escape, | 也许达恩利是帮助我出逃了 |
[06:23] | but he is still my single, greatest threat. | 但他仍是我最大的威胁 |
[06:26] | He could be moving against me in a number of ways. | 他有数种方法可以反抗我 |
[06:28] | He must be found. | 必须找到他 |
[06:30] | Oh, I need to be free of him. | 我得摆脱他 |
[06:33] | Free of this marriage. | 摆脱这场联姻 |
[06:35] | And when I am, I… | 一旦我自由了 我 |
[06:37] | I want to be with you. | 我想和你在一起 |
[06:40] | That is if you still… | 如果你那时候还 |
[06:44] | I want you. | 我想要你 |
[06:48] | Then I will find a way to be free of my husband. | 那我会想办法摆脱我丈夫的 |
[06:51] | No matter what it takes. | 不惜一切代价 |
[07:06] | You are an extraordinary shot. | 你射击真厉害 |
[07:09] | Is there anything you don’t win at? | 有什么是你赢不了的吗 |
[07:11] | I’ll certainly feel I’ve won if I marry you. | 如果我嫁给你 那我肯定是赢的 |
[07:14] | “If?” | 如果 |
[07:15] | We are quietly engaged. | 我们都秘密订婚了 |
[07:17] | Although, you were a bit noisy last night. | 虽然 你昨晚有点闹人 |
[07:21] | It’s a good thing your castle has walls made of stone. | 幸好你的城堡墙是石头做的 |
[07:28] | Uh, my servant, Jane, requires my attention. | 我的侍女简有事找我 |
[07:31] | I’ll see you at dinner. | 晚餐见 |
[07:36] | Lord Blackburn’s returned. | 布莱克本大人回来了 |
[07:37] | His ship docked at harbor over an hour ago. | 他的船只在港湾停泊了一个多小时了 |
[07:39] | He’s on his way. | 他在来的路上了 |
[07:40] | That is marvelous. | 太棒了 |
[07:43] | But also challenging. | 但也很有挑战性 |
[07:45] | The archduke won’t take kindly to Gideon’s return. | 吉迪恩回来 大公不会开心的 |
[07:47] | But how many useless diplomatic missions | 但我有多少没有意义的外交任务 |
[07:49] | can I send poor Gideon on? | 能派可怜的吉迪恩去呢 |
[07:51] | What will you tell him? | 你要怎么和他说 |
[07:53] | You’ll need to be more specific, as I’ve lied to both men. | 你指的是谁 毕竟我对两个人都撒了谎 |
[07:56] | The archduke, but, yes, also Lord Gideon. | 大公 不过吉迪恩大人也是 |
[07:59] | He has no idea you promised to expel him from court, does he? | 他不知道你保证了要将他逐出宫廷 对吧 |
[08:03] | He doesn’t, and my hope is that he never need know. | 他不知道 我希望他永远不用知道 |
[08:07] | Lord Blackburn, back at court? | 布莱克本大人 回宫廷了吗 |
[08:08] | But Elizabeth, you’d agreed… | 但伊丽莎白 你答应过 |
[08:10] | That I’d send him away, and I did. | 我答应过要把他派走 我做到了 |
[08:11] | He’s been to France, Prague, Amsterdam. | 他去了法国 布拉格 阿姆斯特丹 |
[08:13] | – The idea was to remove him. – From any sphere of influence over me | -我说的是驱逐他 -让他不能影响我 |
[08:16] | – because you’re jealous. – Yes, I am. | -因为你嫉妒 -没错 |
[08:18] | We’ve been over this. | 我们已经谈过这个话题了 |
[08:19] | He is a long-term confidante. | 他是你的长期蓝颜知己 |
[08:20] | A skilled advisor and diplomat, | 他是经验丰富的顾问和外交家 |
[08:22] | whose journeys, for the Crown, | 他为了我的王权所出使的任务 |
[08:23] | have met with spectacular success. | 都大获成功 |
[08:25] | Who is in love with you. | 他爱上了你 |
[08:26] | Perhaps. I don’t know. | 也许是吧 我不知道 |
[08:28] | Many are. | 很多人都爱我 |
[08:29] | I’m the queen of England. | 我是英格兰女王 |
[08:30] | I represent something glorious, for everyone. | 我代表了大家心目中的美好 |
[08:34] | And if you want to banish | 如果你要驱逐 |
[08:35] | every person who is dazzled by me, | 所有为我倾倒的人 |
[08:37] | we’ll be a nation of mainly women. | 英格兰就只剩女人了 |
[08:39] | And even then our ranks may be depleted. | 即使这样我们也未必不受欢迎 |
[08:42] | I must say, I love that you’re mostly serious. | 我得承认 我喜欢你这严肃的样子 |
[08:46] | This is more than an arranged marriage. | 这不仅是简单的联姻 |
[08:49] | I am your lover. | 我是你的爱人 |
[08:50] | I am yours. | 我是你的人 |
[08:52] | But you have to trust me. | 但你得信任我 |
[08:55] | And if you don’t, what have I been doing for the last weeks? | 不然我这一周都在做什么 |
[08:58] | Risking my reputation, risking my heart. | 不顾名声和心意 |
[09:01] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[09:03] | I trust you. | 我信任你 |
[09:04] | And Gideon? | 那吉迪恩呢 |
[09:07] | If he is nothing to you, | 如果他对你无足轻重 |
[09:09] | he is nothing to me. | 那对我也无足轻重 |
[09:10] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[09:13] | But he isn’t, exactly, nothing to me, | 但他并不算对我无足轻重 |
[09:16] | in an official sense. | 官方上来说 |
[09:17] | My journeys in the New World | 我在新世界的探索 |
[09:19] | will make relations between Spain | 会让我和西班牙以及其他 |
[09:20] | and other Catholic nations very tense. | 天主教国家之间的关系十分紧张 |
[09:23] | Gideon’s bonds with France run deep. | 吉迪恩与法国的关系很紧密 |
[09:25] | And he knows Mary, Queen of Scots, | 他还了解苏格兰女王 玛丽 |
[09:26] | better than almost anyone. | 胜过任何人 |
[09:28] | Wise counsel is protection. | 明智的谏言就是保护 |
[09:30] | And if you love me, don’t you want to see me safe? | 如果你爱我 你不希望我安全吗 |
[09:35] | Of course I do. | 我当然希望 |
[09:36] | So Lord Blackburn can stay? | 那布莱克本大人能留下吗 |
[09:41] | Lord Blackburn may stay. | 布莱克本大人能留下 |
[10:25] | Do you like how they look on you? | 喜欢你戴着它们的样子吗 |
[10:29] | I’ll have you know, | 让我来告诉你 |
[10:30] | kings do wear jewels at times. | 国王也会戴珠宝 |
[10:32] | I know what you’re thinking, “Not on their ears, | 我知道你在想什么 “可是他们 |
[10:33] | they don’t,” But some do. | 不戴在耳朵上” 但有些国王戴 |
[10:36] | Depends what country. | 不同国家风俗不同 |
[10:37] | And if you’d been anywhere at all, you’d know that. | 如果你出过国 你就会知道 |
[10:39] | Fact of the matter is… | 可是 |
[10:42] | you wouldn’t understand. | 你不会理解 |
[10:43] | Henri, wait, please. | 亨利 等等 |
[10:45] | I should go. Best we aren’t seen leaving together. | 我该走了 最好别让人看见我们一起离开 |
[10:56] | Too skinny. | 太瘦了 |
[11:02] | Too equine. | 脸太长 |
[11:09] | Is that King Philip in a wig? | 这是戴着假发的菲利普国王吗 |
[11:10] | Your Grace, that’s Lady Alina, | 陛下 这是艾莉娜 |
[11:12] | second cousin to the king of Spain. | 西班牙国王的表妹 |
[11:13] | Adam’s apple doesn’t fall too far | 血统真是个 |
[11:15] | from the tree, now, does it? | 厉害的东西啊 |
[11:22] | We have been doing this for days. | 我们已经看了好几天了 |
[11:24] | These are Spain’s finest bridal candidates. | 这些是西班牙最好的新娘人选 |
[11:27] | Yet your son seems to find fault in every one of them. | 可你儿子还是能从中找出各种毛病 |
[11:29] | Fear not, Charles will choose one. | 别担心 查尔斯会选择一个的 |
[11:41] | You do realize what is at stake here, do you not? | 你知道眼下有什么危机吧 |
[11:43] | Yes, yes, I’m well aware, Mother. | 我很清楚 母亲 |
[11:45] | Then select one of these marginally acceptable creatures, | 那就从这些勉强入得了眼的人里选一个 |
[11:47] | or risk losing the backing of Spain, | 否则就会失去西班牙的支持 |
[11:50] | and your throne along with it! | 还会失去你的王位 |
[11:59] | Is everything all right? | 出什么事了吗 |
[12:01] | More than all right. | 大好事 |
[12:03] | We’ve found one of the conspirators. | 我们找到了一名谋反者 |
[12:06] | And you’ll never believe who turned him in. | 你绝不会相信谁检举了他 |
[12:10] | I’m truly grateful to you for taking me in. | 我真的很感激你收留我 |
[12:13] | I’m afraid I don’t touch the stuff anymore. | 我已经不沾这些东西了 |
[12:17] | I, too, have been evading capture since that night. | 那晚之后 我也一直在躲避追捕 |
[12:20] | My own wife has a bounty on my head. | 我的妻子悬赏我的人头 |
[12:23] | It’s all very unsettling. | 真是让人不安 |
[12:26] | – Take him. – What? | -抓住他 -什么 |
[12:30] | You… | 你 |
[12:31] | You Judas! | 你这个叛徒 |
[12:40] | Why did you turn him in? | 你为什么检举他 |
[12:42] | And if you lie to me, I will have your head. | 如果你骗我 我就砍了你的头 |
[12:54] | I assure you I’m not the same man that I was | 我保证我不再是几个月前的 |
[12:57] | a few months ago. | 那个男人了 |
[12:58] | You do seem a bit more clear-eyed. | 你的眼神的确清澈了点 |
[13:01] | I’ve put all my mistakes behind me. | 我舍弃了过去的错误 |
[13:04] | The drinking, the gambling, the whoring. | 酗酒 赌博 招妓 |
[13:08] | I’m ashamed of how I behaved. | 我为曾经的作为感到羞耻 |
[13:11] | I want you to know how sorry I am. | 我希望你知道我的歉意 |
[13:13] | You have begged my forgiveness before, | 你曾经也乞求过我的原谅 |
[13:15] | and you have relapsed every time. | 可你每次都故态重演 |
[13:18] | Why should I show you mercy now? | 这次我为什么要原谅你 |
[13:20] | What you said that night that we escaped. | 我们逃走那晚你说的话 |
[13:24] | John Knox was using me, preying on my weaknesses, | 你说约翰诺克斯在利用我的软弱 |
[13:28] | my lust for power. | 我对权利的欲望 |
[13:30] | But I no longer harbor such ambitions. | 但我不再有这些野心了 |
[13:33] | They died that night in a flash of blades. | 那晚的刀光剑影抹杀了它们 |
[13:37] | – When I saw what the privy council… – Don’t. | -我看到枢密院 -别说了 |
[13:40] | It’s not what I wanted. | 我不想那样 |
[13:44] | And I know that I’m not what you want. | 我也知道你不想要我 |
[13:46] | Your heart belongs to another. | 你的心另有所属 |
[13:49] | I want you to be happy. | 我希望你幸福 |
[13:51] | And what do you want in return? | 你想要什么作为回报 |
[13:56] | A chance to know my child. | 认识我孩子的机会 |
[13:58] | Nothing more. | 仅此而已 |
[14:00] | All these months, running, hiding, | 又躲又逃的这几个月 |
[14:03] | the only thing I could think about was how | 我能想到的只有 |
[14:05] | I would not have a chance to be a part of our child’s life. | 我没有机会成为我们孩子人生的一部分 |
[14:08] | To show my love, and be loved in return, | 表达我的爱意 并感受对方的爱 |
[14:10] | that’s all I want. | 我别无他求 |
[14:12] | Allow me to prove it to you. | 请让我向你证明这一点 |
[14:16] | Prove it by helping me find | 你可以这样证明 |
[14:17] | the remaining privy council members, | 帮我找到其他枢密院成员 |
[14:19] | so I can force them to testify against Knox. | 我要逼他们举报诺克斯 |
[14:23] | The man is a traitor. | 他很擅长背叛 |
[14:25] | No, it’s too risky. | 不行 太冒险了 |
[14:27] | Your life and your Crown are in constant danger | 一旦达恩利恢复自由之身 |
[14:29] | so long as Darnley walks free. | 你和王位都会受到威胁 |
[14:30] | I need the testimony from the privy council | 我需要枢密院内阁的供词 |
[14:33] | to prove that Knox was behind the coup. | 才能证明诺克斯是政变的幕后真凶 |
[14:36] | Darnley will lead us to them. | 达恩利会带我们找到他们 |
[14:37] | And then we arrest them all. | 然后我们再一网打尽 |
[14:40] | Including King Darnley. | 包括达恩利国王本人 |
[14:46] | A mild storm delayed our crossing, | 一场轻微的暴风雨耽误了行程 |
[14:48] | damaged the ship’s gunwales on arrival. | 也破坏了船舷的上缘 |
[14:50] | The repairs took an extra three days, | 修理多花了三天时间 |
[14:52] | but the mission yielded the hybrid tulips | 不过最终成功拿到了 |
[14:54] | you’d apparently requested. | 你要的杂交郁金香 |
[14:56] | In Prague, I represented England | 在布拉格 我代表英格兰 |
[14:58] | at a three-year-old’s birthday party… | 参加了一个三岁小孩的生日聚会 |
[15:00] | Each mission more important than you might realize. | 或许每件任务都比你想得更重要 |
[15:05] | Are you pale with anger | 你脸色苍白是在生气 |
[15:06] | or unwell? | 还是不舒服 |
[15:08] | I’m a bit of both, I’m afraid, | 也许两者皆有 |
[15:09] | thanks to all this pointless travel. | 毕竟我无谓地跋涉了这么久 |
[15:14] | Look, you sent me on one fool’s errand after another, | 你接二连三给我安排鸡毛蒜皮的琐事 |
[15:17] | and I think I know why. | 我知道为什么 |
[15:19] | It’s your fiance. | 是你的未婚夫 |
[15:21] | Does the archduke know about us? | 大公爵知道我们的事了吗 |
[15:23] | – No. – Are you sure? | -不知道 -你确定吗 |
[15:24] | Because I won’t let my feelings for you | 因为我不会让我对你的感情 |
[15:26] | put your realm in danger. | 威胁到你的王权 |
[15:27] | You need this marriage. | 你需要这段婚姻 |
[15:29] | I admit that if I kept you chained to my side, | 我承认 如果我把你绑在身边 |
[15:32] | the archduke might suspect something. | 大公爵可能会起疑心 |
[15:35] | I noticed you were careful to leave the door open. | 我注意到你现在都会把门开着 |
[15:37] | To avoid gossip. | 避免传出谣言 |
[15:39] | I’m protecting us. | 我在保护我们 |
[15:42] | Come to my chambers tonight. | 今晚来我房间 |
[15:45] | There, the door will be closed, | 到时候 我会把门关上 |
[15:48] | and I promise to thank you properly | 我保证会好好慰劳你 |
[15:51] | for your journeys for the Crown. | 谢谢你为国家这样奔波 |
[15:57] | You asked for me, Mother? | 你找我吗 母亲 |
[16:00] | Yes. | 对 |
[16:05] | Luc. | 卢克 |
[16:06] | I… I didn’t know you were back from your estates. | 我 没想到你回来了 |
[16:10] | I apologize. | 抱歉 |
[16:11] | I should’ve sent word that I was coming. | 我应该提前来信告知的 |
[16:13] | Your husband Luc has informed me | 你丈夫卢克 |
[16:15] | of a most unfortunate situation. | 跟我说了一件坏消息 |
[16:17] | An illicit meeting. | 一段非法关系 |
[16:18] | An affair between Nicole and Henri. | 妮可和亨利之间的私情 |
[16:21] | Henri and Nicole? | 亨利和妮可 |
[16:23] | It can’t be. | 不可以 |
[16:24] | It would break Charles’ heart. | 查尔斯会心碎的 |
[16:25] | That’s why I sent for you, my dear. | 所以我才叫你来 亲爱的 |
[16:27] | You know your brothers better than anyone. | 你比谁都了解你的兄弟们 |
[16:28] | They both adore you. | 他们都很喜欢你 |
[16:30] | Do you think that Charles suspects anything? | 你觉得查尔斯察觉到了吗 |
[16:32] | Absolutely not. | 绝对没有 |
[16:33] | Charles is deeply in love with Nicole, | 查尔斯深爱着妮可 |
[16:34] | and he is quite certain that she feels the same. | 他很确定妮可也深爱着他 |
[16:37] | Then I fear Charles will snap if he learns the truth. | 我担心查尔斯知道真相会崩溃的 |
[16:39] | And with the new promise of Spain’s backing, | 再加上西班牙这边的事 |
[16:42] | he will feel free to take revenge. | 他肯定会想要复仇 |
[16:45] | I have to stop this madness, | 我得阻止这些荒唐行径 |
[16:46] | before one of my sons kills the other. | 免得我的儿子们自相残杀 |
[16:49] | You must convince Henri to end this tryst with Nicole. | 你要劝亨利断了跟妮可的感情 |
[16:53] | Of course. | 好的 |
[16:54] | Take Luc with you. | 让卢克跟你一起去 |
[16:56] | – Why him? – Why me? | -为什么叫他 -为什么叫我 |
[16:58] | Because you are a good man | 因为你是个好人 |
[16:59] | who speaks from the heart. | 发自内心待人真诚 |
[17:00] | Do you remember how you convinced Charles | 你还记得你当初成功地 |
[17:02] | to return to Catholicism? | 劝查尔斯回归天主教吗 |
[17:04] | And in so doing, you saved his life. | 多亏了你 他才保住性命 |
[17:07] | I only hope you can save Henri’s as well. | 我希望你也能救亨利一次 |
[17:20] | Well, hello there, Lord Blackburn. | 你好啊 布莱克本大人 |
[17:22] | Where are you off to? | 你这是要去干什么 |
[17:23] | I was on my way to a friend’s chambers. | 我正要去一个朋友的房间 |
[17:27] | To celebrate your return, eh? | 庆祝你的回归吗 |
[17:29] | Hmm. Must be a good friend. | 你们关系可真不错 |
[17:31] | Mm, and you’re here… | 你在这里… |
[17:34] | reading. | 看书吗 |
[17:35] | Well, killing time. | 对 打发时间 |
[17:37] | Waiting to surprise Elizabeth. | 我等着给伊丽莎白一个惊喜 |
[17:39] | I was told she retired to her chambers | 听说她一小时前 |
[17:40] | nearly an hour ago. | 就回了房间 |
[17:42] | It takes her some time to undress. | 她换衣服可真够慢的 |
[17:48] | You’re shocked by my night visit, I can see that. | 你似乎没料到我晚上会来这里 没错 |
[17:51] | Well, Elizabeth may be shocked. | 伊丽莎白大概会很惊讶 |
[17:52] | Or would be, if you made it past her guards. | 应该会 等你通过侍卫之后 |
[17:55] | Oh, she dismisses her guards right after her maids. | 她已经遣走了女仆和侍卫 |
[17:58] | But I shouldn’t be telling you that, should I? | 不过我不该告诉你 对吧 |
[17:59] | Except she has told me | 不过她跟我说过 |
[18:02] | what a trusted servant you are. | 你是她很信任的近臣 |
[18:05] | She even pleaded with me to let you stay | 甚至在她把你送到基督教国家之后 |
[18:06] | after she’d sent you all over Christendom, | 还求我让你留下 |
[18:08] | because I was jealous. | 因为我嫉妒 |
[18:10] | Baseless, of course. | 当然了 毫无根据的嫉妒 |
[18:11] | She made sure I knew | 她让我确信 |
[18:12] | I was the only man she wanted. | 我是她唯一需要的人 |
[18:14] | And Elizabeth can be very reassuring. | 伊丽莎白很懂如何”说服”人 |
[18:26] | I waited for you. | 我一直在等你 |
[18:28] | Why did you not come for me? | 你为什么不来找我 |
[18:29] | I was told you already had a guest. | 我听说你已经有客人了 |
[18:32] | Another guest? | 另一位客人 |
[18:35] | Who told you? | 谁告诉你的 |
[18:36] | Your fiance. No, no, your lover, | 你未婚夫 不对 是你的爱人 |
[18:39] | the archduke. | 大公 |
[18:40] | He caught me on my way to your room. | 我在去你房间的路上碰到他了 |
[18:42] | He was waiting to be entertained by you as well. | 他也在等着被你款待 |
[18:45] | “Reassured,” he called it. | 用他的话是 被”说服” |
[18:47] | – Gideon, I had to. – Oh, did he force you? | -吉迪恩 我必须见他 -是他胁迫你吗 |
[18:49] | He is to be my husband. | 他将会是我的丈夫 |
[18:51] | He isn’t your husband yet! | 可他现在还不是 |
[18:53] | You assured me that this union was merely | 你跟我说 你们的结合仅仅是 |
[18:55] | for political reasons, for your safety. | 政治关系 为了你的安全 |
[18:58] | You said it was for my survival. | 你说的 这是为了保命 |
[19:00] | You told me yourself this marriage was a necessity. | 你亲口说 这场婚姻是必需的 |
[19:03] | But you are sleeping with him | 你却在结婚前跟他上床了 |
[19:04] | in advance of it; a risk in and of itself. | 这本身就是冒险 |
[19:07] | I mean, why would you take it? | 你为什么还要答应 |
[19:08] | To protect us! To make him think I love him | 为了保护我们 让他以为我爱的是他 |
[19:11] | and not you! | 而不是你 |
[19:15] | You lie to him, you lie to me… | 你骗他 也骗了我 |
[19:16] | Because if you knew he suspected, | 那是因为 如果你知道他起了疑心 |
[19:18] | you would end things with me. | 你就会结束我们的关系 |
[19:20] | And I can’t bear to lose you. | 我不能失去你 |
[19:22] | Our affair puts you in danger. | 我们的恋情让你很危险 |
[19:24] | – I don’t care. – I do! | -我不在乎 -我在乎 |
[19:26] | I mean, why risk so much with this affair | 如果我们的恋情最终会让你厌倦 |
[19:28] | when you’ll eventually tire of it? | 为什么你现在还如此冒险 |
[19:30] | I won’t ever tire of you. | 我不会厌倦你 |
[19:33] | You’re so clever. | 你太聪明了 |
[19:35] | Your lies come so easily. | 谎话张口就来 |
[19:37] | In time, you’ll think less of even me | 总会有一天 因为深信你的谎话 |
[19:38] | for believing them. | 你就不会在乎我了 |
[19:40] | You’ve put a sea between us. | 你让我们之间的距离越来越远 |
[19:42] | You didn’t have to send me to a three-year-old’s | 即使我不去布拉格参加三岁孩子的生日派对 |
[19:44] | birthday party in Prague to do it. | 我们也是所爱隔山海了 |
[19:48] | We’re finished, Your Majesty. | 我们结束了 女王陛下 |
[19:51] | I don’t want any part of you. | 我不想再见到你了 |
[20:03] | I do hope you’ll forgive me for arriving unannounced, | 希望你能原谅我的不请自来 |
[20:05] | Queen Mary. | 玛丽女王 |
[20:06] | Why are you here? | 你怎么来了 |
[20:07] | I’ve come for revenge, for Lola. | 我来为萝拉报仇 |
[20:10] | I want to take what John Knox holds most dear. | 我要夺走约翰·诺克斯最珍视的东西 |
[20:14] | Catherine told me you saw. | 凯瑟琳告诉我 你看到了一切 |
[20:16] | That you were there at the end. | 最后的时刻 你在那里 |
[20:19] | I’m thankful Lola wasn’t alone. | 我很感激 萝拉并不孤单 |
[20:24] | Knox will pay for his sins– | 诺克斯会为他的罪孽付出代价 |
[20:27] | for Lola and many others– | 为了萝拉还有其他人 |
[20:28] | but not by your hand. | 但不该由你动手 |
[20:29] | His followers would be quick to blame me | 如果他离奇地死了或者失踪了 |
[20:31] | if he were to die or disappear under mysterious circumstances. | 他的追随者很快会怪罪到我头上 |
[20:34] | I can assure you, there will be no repercussions for your Crown. | 我保证 这不会影响到你的王位 |
[20:36] | Catherine was very clear, insistent upon it. | 凯瑟琳对此态度很明确 很坚持 |
[20:38] | But when Knox plotted a coup | 不过当诺克斯与你的枢密院 |
[20:41] | with your privy council, | 发动政变的时候 |
[20:42] | she felt that my desire for revenge could be of service. | 她觉得我复仇的欲望可以派上用场了 |
[20:47] | Revenge you have waited very patiently for, it seems. | 看起来 你耐心等待这场复仇 等了很久 |
[20:50] | Yes. Like all matters of importance, | 没错 就像所有的重大计划一样 |
[20:52] | it takes careful planning. | 我需要谨慎地策划 |
[20:54] | But now, all of the pieces are in place. | 如今 所有准备都已就位 |
[20:57] | I ask only for your consent. | 只差你的同意了 |
[21:04] | No. | 不行 |
[21:05] | Justice cannot be seen as personal retribution. | 实施公正不能通过个人报复 |
[21:08] | I already have a plan in motion | 我已经有计划了 |
[21:10] | to convict John Knox in a court of law. | 要在法庭上让约翰·诺克斯认罪 |
[21:13] | He will hang. | 他会受绞刑 |
[21:16] | And I will enjoy watching him die. | 我也很愿意亲眼见证他的死去 |
[21:28] | Can you come back tomorrow? | 你明天再来 好吗 |
[21:31] | It’s quite a trip to get here. | 来这里可是路途遥远 |
[21:35] | How did you find this place? | 你怎么找到这个地方的 |
[21:36] | I knew you’d never give up Sophia. | 我就知道你放不下索菲娅 |
[21:39] | – Did you lead him here? – I’m sorry… | -是你把他带来的吗 -对不起 |
[21:40] | You’ll thank her once you hear Elizabeth’s offer. | 你听到伊丽莎白开出的条件之后会感谢她的 |
[21:43] | Elizabeth’s willing to grant safe harbor | 伊丽莎白愿意为参与政变的所有人 |
[21:45] | to all involved in the coup attempt. | 提供安全避难的地方 |
[21:48] | All we need to do is cross the border. | 我们只需要穿越国境线 |
[21:49] | Once on English soil, we’ll be protected from Mary | 一旦踏上英格兰 玛丽就伤害不了我们 |
[21:52] | and restored to a more… | 我们这种出身的人 |
[21:55] | acceptable lifestyle for men of our birth. | 会过上更为舒适的生活 |
[21:58] | Why would she agree to that? | 她怎么会同意 |
[22:00] | Because she wants Mary removed from the throne | 她想让玛丽离王权越远越好 |
[22:03] | as much as we do, | 和我们一样 |
[22:04] | and an alliance with the Scottish king | 以及 与苏格兰国王的联盟 |
[22:06] | and the privy council in exile | 加上流放中的枢密院 |
[22:07] | will prove a powerful political weapon | 在这场不可避免的女王斗争中 |
[22:10] | in the inevitable “War of Two Queens.” | 变成了强有力的政治武器 |
[22:13] | A ready-made government. | 一个现成的政府 |
[22:14] | Exactly, which is why she wants | 没错 这也就是为什么她希望 |
[22:16] | as many of the dispersed council | 让草野中的枢密院成员 |
[22:18] | as possible to join us. | 尽可能多的加入我们 |
[22:19] | I have no way to reach them. | 我找不到他们 |
[22:22] | But I’m certain you can. | 但我相信你可以 |
[22:24] | And if I do, what then? | 如果我找到了 然后呢 |
[22:27] | I present Elizabeth’s offer. | 我传达了伊丽莎白的邀请 |
[22:28] | Those that accept leave for England at once. | 想接受的人需要立即前往英格兰 |
[22:31] | It’s too risky. | 太冒险了 |
[22:32] | I know you don’t trust Elizabeth– | 我知道你不相信伊丽莎白 |
[22:33] | I don’t trust you. | 我不相信你 |
[22:35] | Fine! | 好吧 |
[22:36] | Get by on your own. | 那你就自力更生吧 |
[22:38] | A wanted man,living in constant fear, | 是当一个永远活在恐惧中 |
[22:40] | with no servants,money or power. | 没仆人没钱也没权力的通缉犯 |
[22:43] | Or come to England, live a dignified life, | 还是去英格兰过体面的生活 |
[22:45] | and then return with Elizabeth’s armies, | 然后带着伊丽莎白的军队回来 |
[22:47] | to claim back what we’ve lost. | 夺回我们失去的东西 |
[22:52] | Can you contact the councilmen | 你能让那些大臣 |
[22:53] | and have them here by tonight? | 午夜前在这里集合吗 |
[22:56] | – Yes. – Good. | -可以 -好 |
[22:57] | I’ll return at midnight. | 我午夜时分回来 |
[22:58] | We’ll be in England before dawn. | 我们破晓前就能抵达英格兰 |
[23:03] | Nicole’s a pretty enough girl, | 妮可是个可爱的姑娘 |
[23:05] | but it’s clear the affair has nothing to do with her. | 但很显然你这么做不是因为她 |
[23:08] | You’re using her as a pawn in this rivalry with Charles. | 你只是利用她来对抗查尔斯 |
[23:11] | Now that Charles has Spanish support, | 现在查尔斯有了西班牙的支持 |
[23:13] | your ambitions to his throne have no chance of success. | 你对他王位的野心将无法成功 |
[23:15] | All right, fine. | 好吧 |
[23:16] | Despite what you think, I care about you. | 不管你怎么想 我很在乎你 |
[23:19] | And I won’t let you endanger yourself for no reason. | 我不想看你平白无故陷入险境 |
[23:21] | I’m saying you’re right. I’ll end it. | 我是说你说的对 我要结束这段关系 |
[23:23] | I only started sleeping with Nicole to unsettle Charles, | 我和妮可上床只是为了让查尔斯不爽 |
[23:26] | but without Spain’s backing, | 但没有西班牙的支持 |
[23:27] | I can’t even throw it in his face. | 我都没机会当面告诉他了 |
[23:29] | As you said, it’s unwise. | 如你所言 这是不明智的 |
[23:32] | Besides, I was about to end things anyway. | 而且 我本来也打算结束了 |
[23:34] | She’s getting too attached. | 她变得太黏人了 |
[23:37] | Are we done here? | 我们说完了吗 |
[23:41] | Yes. | 说完了 |
[23:46] | Well, that was easy. | 这么简单 |
[23:49] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:52] | Well, give your mother my best. | 代我向你母亲问好 |
[23:54] | Oh, you don’t have to leave. | 你没必要离开的 |
[23:57] | It’s just that… | 只是 |
[23:58] | it’s been incredibly dull here, and I… | 这里太无聊了 而我 |
[24:00] | – You’ll be fine. – I’ve missed you. | -你会好起来的 -我一直在想你 |
[24:02] | Perhaps that’s reason enough | 也许这个理由 |
[24:04] | for you to stop being an ass and stay for the party. | 能让你别再这么混蛋 留下来参加派对 |
[24:14] | The hunting lodge has been burned. | 猎人小屋被烧毁了 |
[24:17] | There’s no way the privy council | 枢密院的大臣绝无可能 |
[24:19] | could have escaped from this fire. | 从这场火中逃生 |
[24:22] | The door. | 门 |
[24:24] | The windows, too. | 还有窗户 |
[24:25] | All locked from the outside. | 都从外面被锁上了 |
[24:28] | He must have learned of the meeting. | 他一定是知晓了这次聚会 |
[24:30] | Knox burned these men alive. | 诺克斯活活烧死了这些人 |
[24:34] | Now, no one can testify to his part in the coup. | 现在没人能为他参与政变作证了 |
[24:38] | I’m certain it was Darnley. | 我很确定是达恩利干的 |
[24:40] | Not that it’s impossible for Knox to have discovered the plan | 不是因为诺克斯不可能知晓我们的计划 |
[24:42] | and killed the Council, but… | 从而杀掉那些大臣 而是 |
[24:44] | But Darnley had the exact same motive. | 达恩利也有同样的动机这样做 |
[24:46] | And he knew the location of the meeting, | 而且他知道聚会的地点 |
[24:48] | the privy council members know him | 枢密院大臣认识他 |
[24:49] | and he had plenty of time to do it. | 他也有足够的时间这么做 |
[24:51] | And don’t forget his history of setting fires | 别忘了他还有借纵火 |
[24:53] | in order to get what he wants. | 来达到自己目的的前科 |
[24:55] | Where is he now? | 他现在在哪儿 |
[24:56] | I brought him back to the castle. | 我把他带回了城堡 |
[24:57] | I couldn’t risk him disappearing again. | 不能冒险让他再次消失了 |
[24:58] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[25:00] | Your husband is a threat to you. | 你的丈夫对你来说是个威胁 |
[25:03] | What do you want me to do about him? | 你想让我怎么处理他 |
[25:07] | I’m the King of Scotland! | 我是苏格兰国王 |
[25:29] | Am I interrupting? | 我打扰你了吗 |
[25:30] | No. | 没有 |
[25:32] | Actually, I was hoping we could talk. | 事实上 我正想跟你谈谈 |
[25:34] | Nicole, I’ve been thinking… | 妮可 我一直在想 |
[25:35] | Mind if I start? | 能让我先说吗 |
[25:37] | If you wish. | 如你所愿 |
[25:40] | My comments at the inn caught you off guard, | 我那天在旅馆说的话让你措手不及 |
[25:42] | and I’m sorry for that. | 对此我很抱歉 |
[25:44] | But when I woke and saw you trying on my earrings, | 但当我醒来看到你试我耳环的时候 |
[25:47] | I… At the time… | 我…一时… |
[25:50] | it’s something I’ve wanted to talk to you about for a while. | 这件事我早就想跟你说了 |
[25:52] | What I mean is it wasn’t the first time | 我是说 这不是我第一次 |
[25:55] | I’d seen you with my jewelry. | 看到你戴我的珠宝了 |
[25:59] | I’ve also seen… marks on your chest. | 我还看到你胸口有痕迹 |
[26:03] | The kind of marks caused by wearing… | 那种穿胸衣 |
[26:07] | A corset. | 产生的痕迹 |
[26:08] | What of it? | 所以呢 |
[26:10] | Yes, I enjoy wearing women’s clothing on occasion. | 没错 我有时喜欢穿女人的衣服 |
[26:13] | Jewelry, corsets, and the like. | 珠宝 胸衣之类的 |
[26:14] | Is that what you wanted to know? | 这就是你想知道的吗 |
[26:16] | Uh, kind of, but… | 算是吧 但是 |
[26:17] | I don’t want to be a woman. | 我不想成为女人 |
[26:18] | Sometimes, I think wearing their clothes | 有时我觉得穿她们的衣服 |
[26:21] | lets me inhabit them more completely. | 能让我更好地了解她们 |
[26:25] | But the truth is I don’t know where the desire comes from. | 但事实是我并不知道这种渴望从何而来 |
[26:28] | It just is. | 但它就在那里 |
[26:30] | And though I have to hide it from narrow minds, | 尽管我不想被思想狭隘的人发现 |
[26:33] | I won’t deny myself the feeling it brings. | 我不想否认这么做给我带来的感觉 |
[26:36] | Power, excitement, pleasure. | 力量 兴奋 愉悦 |
[26:40] | Liberation from a world determined to tell me who to be. | 脱开这个世界对我身份的限定 |
[26:44] | I am who I am. I want what I want. | 我就是我 我直面我的欲望 |
[26:46] | And I take what I want. | 去争取我想要的东西 |
[26:49] | If that scares you, if it repels you, | 如果这让你害怕 让你厌恶 |
[26:51] | then you’re with the wrong man. | 那你就爱错人了 |
[27:02] | I have something for you. | 我有样东西给你 |
[27:20] | I suppose you have some questions. | 你大概有一大堆问题要问我 |
[27:22] | Do you remember your first time? | 你还记得第一次穿女装吗 |
[27:23] | A chemise that I stole from my father’s mistress. | 我从父亲的情妇那偷了件女士衬衣 |
[27:25] | Do you have a favorite piece to wear? | 你有最爱穿的衣服吗 |
[27:26] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[27:33] | Claude and my mother know about us. | 我妈妈和克劳德知道咱们的事 |
[27:35] | Told me to break it off. | 让我做个了断 |
[27:36] | If Charles were to find out… | 如果查尔斯知道了 |
[27:37] | I’ll take care of your brother. | 这事交给我吧 |
[27:40] | But first… | 但首先 |
[27:50] | Nicole. | 妮可 |
[27:51] | There you are. | 你在这啊 |
[27:53] | Feel like I haven’t seen you in ages. | 咱们好久没见了 |
[27:54] | You’ve been rather busy. | 你最近很忙嘛 |
[27:56] | Are you enjoying your search for a Spanish bride? | 寻找西班牙新娘的过程有意思吗 |
[27:58] | It’s been awful. | 我一点也不想这样做 |
[27:59] | Each candidate is more boring than the last. | 那些姑娘一个比一个没趣 |
[28:02] | Hey, come to my chambers tonight. | 今晚来我的卧室吧 |
[28:04] | I’m not sure I should. | 我不应该去 |
[28:07] | Uh, this marriage… | 这场婚姻 |
[28:09] | it’s is a political necessity. | 就是政治需要 |
[28:10] | And you have no choice | 如果你想和西班牙维持和平 |
[28:11] | if you want peace with Spain. | 就别无选择 |
[28:13] | As king, you must put France before your heart. I understand. | 你是国王 必须以国家为重 我明白 |
[28:17] | But I’m still just a girl. | 但我也不过是个普通女孩 |
[28:19] | Knowing that the man I love will be with another woman, | 想着我爱的人和其他女人在一起 |
[28:21] | it… it’s just too painful. | 实在太痛苦了 |
[28:23] | I know this is difficult, but… | 我知道这对你我都很难 |
[28:26] | I just need some time. | 但我需要时间 |
[28:28] | Please, Charles, I need you to understand. | 拜托了 查尔斯 希望你能明白 |
[28:50] | Thank you, Jane. | 谢谢你 简 |
[28:53] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你能过来 |
[28:55] | I needed to see you. | 我需要见你 |
[28:56] | In an abandoned chapel? | 在一座废弃的教堂里 |
[29:00] | I’m here because you are my monarch. | 你是女王 你要我来我不得不来 |
[29:02] | I’m obeying orders. | 我听命于你 |
[29:03] | But seeing that this isn’t official business, | 但看来这并不是什么正事 |
[29:05] | I ask you,please, stop. | 所以我请你 停下 |
[29:08] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[29:10] | It doesn’t matter. | 我不在乎 |
[29:10] | – I need you. – You don’t. | -我需要你 -你不需要 |
[29:12] | You truly do not, even if you don’t see that yourself. | 你真的不需要我 虽然你自己没看清这点 |
[29:14] | I need you | 我需要你 |
[29:17] | to be happy. | 开心起来 |
[29:19] | I do. | 我真心这样想 |
[29:20] | You are more precious to me than my nation, | 于我 你比英格兰更重要 |
[29:22] | and if I could give up England for you and survive, | 若我能为你放弃英格兰 还能保住性命 |
[29:26] | I would. | 我会的 |
[29:27] | But it’s not even possible. | 但这根本不可能 |
[29:28] | Oh, no. I don’t want you to give up anything. | 不 我不想让你为我放弃任何东西 |
[29:30] | You just want me to stop lying to you, | 你只想让我别再骗你 |
[29:32] | and I will, I swear. | 我会的 我保证 |
[29:36] | But I will lie to others. | 但我还会继续骗别人 |
[29:39] | I will do anything to protect us. | 做一切我能做的事 来保护我们 |
[29:44] | And that is what I did. | 我之前做的事也是为了保护我们 |
[29:46] | I told the archduke I love you. | 我告诉大公我爱你 |
[29:48] | And I told him I would never give you up. | 告诉他我绝不会放弃你 |
[29:51] | Why would he agree to that? | 他怎么会同意 |
[29:52] | His family’s already taken advantage | 他地位的提升 |
[29:54] | of his rise in station. | 已经给他的家庭带来了很多好处 |
[29:55] | He needs this marriage. | 他需要和我联姻 |
[29:58] | And I need to marry him, but… | 我也需要和他联姻 但是 |
[30:00] | – I know that. – But I will always, | -这我知道 -但我永远 |
[30:03] | always be yours. | 永远属于你 |
[30:08] | So if you still think I can’t be trusted, | 如果你还是不能信任我 |
[30:11] | then let me make this vow, | 让我在这里起誓 |
[30:14] | not only to you, but to God. | 在你面前 在上帝面前 |
[30:20] | Woven into this fabric from my mother’s dress | 这是我母亲裙子上的一段 |
[30:23] | are her dreams of lasting love for me. | 代表她希望我得到永恒的爱情 |
[30:26] | The joy she would have felt knowing I’d met you. | 要是她知道我遇见了你 该多么开心 |
[30:30] | The happiness my daughter felt, knowing you. | 我女儿认识了你也感到很幸福 |
[30:33] | This hand-fasting binds my life to yours. | 这场婚姻将你我的生命紧紧相连 |
[30:37] | As this knot is tied… | 绳结系紧 |
[30:39] | We are joined… | 你我成婚 |
[30:40] | – Before God, for all time. – Before God, for all time. | -上帝见证 相守终生 -上帝见证 相守终生 |
[30:47] | I’ve been interrogating Darnley since his arrest. | 达恩利被捕后我就一直在审问他 |
[30:50] | But it’ll take some time to extract a confession. | 但让他认罪还需要点时间 |
[30:52] | Torture, you mean. | 你是指用刑 |
[30:53] | How much pain will Darnley have to endure | 我们要对他用多重的刑 |
[30:55] | before we believed him? | 他才肯说实话 |
[30:56] | And would we be forced to kill him | 要是我们不得不杀了他 |
[30:58] | to cover up what we had done? | 来掩盖他做的事呢 |
[31:00] | He would trade your life for his in an instant, Mary. | 他会毫不犹豫地出卖你让自己活命的 玛丽 |
[31:04] | Would he? | 他会吗 |
[31:05] | I know he wants power, and his ego is monstrous, | 我知道他渴望权力 欲望无穷 |
[31:08] | but he is still my husband and the father of my child. | 但他还是我的丈夫 我孩子的父亲 |
[31:14] | Continue to interrogate him, | 继续审 |
[31:15] | but do not harm him. | 但别伤着他 |
[31:17] | For now. | 暂时别 |
[31:25] | I’m afraid you will have to return to France | 恐怕你回法国之前 |
[31:27] | without seeing Knox hang. | 没法看到诺克斯被处死了 |
[31:29] | Your plan didn’t work, then. | 你的计划失败了 |
[31:32] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[31:33] | But it seems Reverend Knox has, uh, | 但似乎诺克斯教士 |
[31:36] | escaped justice once again. | 又一次逃脱了法律制裁 |
[31:44] | Save your strength, Reverend. | 别挣扎了 教士 |
[31:48] | Who are you? Release me! | 你是谁 放开我 |
[31:50] | Or there will be consequences! | 否则你会自吞苦果 |
[31:52] | If I’ve wronged you in some way, | 如果我哪里冒犯了你 |
[31:54] | I can make it right. | 我可以纠正 |
[31:56] | No. | 不 |
[31:58] | You can’t. | 你做不到 |
[32:02] | Narcisse. | 纳西斯 |
[32:06] | Please. | 求你了 |
[32:08] | Let me go. | 放了我 |
[32:10] | Lola… | 萝拉 |
[32:11] | was just a pawn in your political schemes. | 只是你政治阴谋中的一颗棋子 |
[32:16] | Her death, a mere byproduct. | 她的死对你来说无足轻重 |
[32:18] | But I loved her, | 但我爱过她 |
[32:20] | more than life itself, | 超过我的生命 |
[32:22] | and I was forced to stand and watch helplessly, | 而我只能无助地看着她死去 |
[32:25] | as they killed her before my very eyes. | 他们就在我面前杀了她 |
[32:28] | I thought you might learn this lesson | 我以为你会因此 |
[32:30] | at the end of a rope, but… | 学到一点教训 但是… |
[32:32] | it appears that I must teach you. | 看来必须由我来教教你了 |
[32:35] | There are consequences, taking from a man | 夺走一个男人的至爱 |
[32:37] | that which he holds most dear. | 的确会酿成很多苦果 |
[32:39] | It was Elizabeth! She’s to blame. | 是伊丽莎白 要怪她 |
[32:42] | Elizabeth ordered the execution! | 是伊丽莎白杀了她 |
[32:45] | Everyone will pay… | 每个人都会付出代价的… |
[32:48] | in their own way. | 用不同的方式 |
[33:01] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[33:02] | A stroll. | 去散步 |
[33:03] | Please, don’t tell me | 拜托 你不会 |
[33:04] | you want to go back to the castle already. | 这么快就想回城堡了吧 |
[33:10] | Gideon? | 吉迪恩 |
[33:13] | Are feeling unwell again? | 你又觉得不舒服了吗 |
[33:19] | I don’t know what’s wrong with me. | 我不知道我怎么了 |
[33:21] | Gideon! Gideon. | 吉迪恩 吉迪恩 |
[33:24] | Come on, get help. | 走 我们去找人帮忙 |
[33:26] | Where? | 去哪找 |
[33:29] | Stay with me, wife. We are bound. | 留在我身边 妻子 我们彼此相连 |
[33:42] | No! | 不 |
[34:05] | I do hope the reception’s to your liking, Ambassador Franco. | 希望你喜欢这个接待会 弗朗哥大使 |
[34:08] | So tasteful. | 很有品味 |
[34:09] | I’d heard such tales of depravity in French court. | 我听说过法国宫廷的腐败 |
[34:12] | If only we could enjoy the festivities | 要是我们能好好享受欢宴 |
[34:13] | without all this bridal business hanging over us. | 而没有婚姻诸事的干扰多好 |
[34:16] | I do hope King Charles makes his choice soon. | 我喜欢查尔斯国王能尽快做出选择 |
[34:18] | Very soon, I’m sure. | 我保证会很快的 |
[34:21] | I nearly forgot to ask about your study of astronomy. | 我差点忘了问你你对天文学的研究了 |
[34:26] | Claude, too, she’s a lover of the stars. | 克劳德也很喜欢星星 |
[34:29] | Ah, the night sky. | 夜空 |
[34:30] | God’s most magnificent creation. | 是上帝最伟大的创造 |
[34:32] | Wouldn’t you agree, Princess? | 你同意吗 公主 |
[34:35] | Uh, apologies, Ambassador, | 抱歉 大使 |
[34:37] | but I promised my husband a dance. | 但我答应了我丈夫要跳一支舞 |
[34:44] | I like being close to you like this. | 我喜欢和你如此靠近 |
[34:48] | It’s all I’ve ever wanted. | 这就是我想要的 |
[34:52] | Claude. | 克劳德 |
[34:54] | It doesn’t have to end. | 不用非得结束这一切 |
[35:00] | I’m-I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[35:02] | I’m sorry, I… | 抱歉 我… |
[35:05] | …I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[35:15] | You want me to support your annulment? | 我想要我支持你废除婚姻吗 |
[35:18] | But you love Claude. | 但你爱克劳德 |
[35:20] | And I’ve been holding out hope she could love me, too. | 我也一直希望她能爱我 |
[35:23] | I know she likes you. | 我知道她喜欢你 |
[35:24] | You look happy together. | 你们在一起看起来很快乐 |
[35:25] | And feelings do change. | 感觉会变化 |
[35:27] | If only it were that simple. | 如果有那么简单就好了 |
[35:28] | She can’t let me into her heart | 她不让我走进她的内心 |
[35:30] | because her heart still belongs to Leith. | 因为她的心还属于利思 |
[35:34] | As much as I want to be with her, | 我这么爱她 |
[35:37] | I won’t stand in her way. | 我不想阻碍她 |
[35:41] | Claude should be with the man she loves. | 克劳德应该和她爱的人在一起 |
[35:43] | Of course. | 当然 |
[35:46] | You’re so right. | 你太对了 |
[35:58] | So sweet of you… | 你很贴心… |
[36:01] | I have important news. | 我有重要的事要宣布 |
[36:02] | Tonight, I will be announcing my bride-to-be. | 今晚我将宣布我的未婚妻 |
[36:09] | But before I reveal my choice, | 但在我做出选择之前 |
[36:12] | I would like to thank Luc Narcisse, | 我想要感谢卢克·纳西斯 |
[36:14] | a good man, a wise man, | 一个好人 一个明智的人 |
[36:16] | and the best brother-in-law a man could ask for. | 也是世界上最好的姐夫 |
[36:18] | Thank you, Luc. | 谢谢你 卢克 |
[36:19] | Your words have brought me the strength and wisdom I needed. | 你的话给了我所需要的力量和智慧 |
[36:23] | And now, the love of my life | 现在我宣布 我的一生挚爱 |
[36:26] | and the new queen of France. | 也就是法国新王后是 |
[36:29] | Nicole De… | 妮可… |
[36:31] | …what’s your last name again? | 你姓什么 |
[36:33] | I’ve never thought to ask. | 我从没想过要询问她的姓 |
[36:34] | I’ve-I’ve always thought of her as mine, | 我一直认为她是我的人 |
[36:36] | and now she belongs to France, too. | 现在她也属于法国 |
[36:38] | Come, Nicole, join me. | 来吧 妮可 到我身边来 |
[36:41] | Come. | 来 |
[36:48] | I can make him see reason. | 我会让他明白道理的 |
[36:49] | Spain is quite finished | 西班牙已经受够了 |
[36:50] | with you and your hopeless brood! | 你那没用的儿子 |
[37:05] | Your Majesty? | 陛下 |
[37:07] | Elizabeth? | 伊丽莎白 |
[37:08] | He was poisoned. | 他被人下毒了 |
[37:11] | It had to be. | 肯定是 |
[37:12] | We have to go. | 我们得走了 |
[37:13] | I can’t leave him… not like this. | 我不能这样丢下他 |
[37:17] | You can’t be found with him, either. | 不能让人看到你们在一起 |
[37:19] | I sent a note to the nearest physician, | 我给最近的医师送去了信 |
[37:21] | claiming I’d come across… a body. | 说我遇到了…一具尸体 |
[37:24] | I didn’t sign it, but they’ll be here soon. | 我没有签字 但他们马上就来了 |
[37:26] | He won’t be left for long, but you must leave. | 他不会独自待很久的 但你必须离开 |
[37:31] | He’d want you to be safe. | 他会想让你安全 |
[37:33] | He loved you. | 他爱你 |
[37:45] | I will find who did this to you, | 我一定找出是谁干的 |
[37:48] | and when I do… | 到时候 |
[37:50] | they will know how much I love you. | 他们会知道我有多爱你 |
[38:12] | Lord Narcisse, I’m surprised to still see you here. | 纳西斯大人 真没想到你还在这里 |
[38:16] | It could be some time | 还要一段时间 |
[38:17] | until John Knox is brought to justice, but I assure you, | 约翰·诺克斯才会被绳之以法 不过我保证 |
[38:20] | I will not give up until Lola is avenged. | 不给萝拉报仇 我决不放弃 |
[38:26] | Before I left, I wanted to give you a parting gift. | 走之前 我想给你件离别礼物 |
[38:32] | You are still free to take your legal steps against John Knox, | 你还是可以名正言顺对付约翰·诺克斯 |
[38:35] | but I’ve taken what he valued the most, | 但我拿走了他最珍贵的东西 |
[38:38] | the thing that made him a man. | 让他成为一个男人的东西 |
[38:46] | – Are those his–? – Yes. | -这是他的… -是 |
[38:48] | – Is he d–? – Very much alive. | -他… -还好好活着 |
[38:50] | I didn’t kill him, | 我没杀他 |
[38:51] | but justice needed to be done. | 但是正义需要伸张 |
[38:54] | You’re a monster. | 你是个魔鬼 |
[38:55] | No. | 不 |
[38:56] | Just a man. | 我只是一个普通人 |
[38:58] | One who wanted revenge. | 一个想报仇的普通人 |
[39:01] | As did you, if I recall. | 如果我没记错 你也是 |
[39:02] | This vile act will not ease your pain! | 这种残暴的行为不会让你的痛苦减少 |
[39:06] | Mary, revenge is not meant to ease pain. | 玛丽 报仇的重点不在于减少痛苦 |
[39:09] | It is meant to balance the scales. | 而是达到平衡 |
[39:12] | I will live with the pain of Lola’s death | 我此生都会带着 |
[39:14] | for the rest of my life, but now, | 萝拉之死的痛苦生活 但现在 |
[39:16] | I have made sure that everyone responsible for it | 我已经让每个对此负有责任的人 |
[39:20] | will forever suffer pain, too. | 也永远遭受痛苦了 |
[39:24] | Everyone? | 每个人 |
[39:25] | I heard Gideon was poisoned. | 我听说吉迪恩被毒杀了 |
[39:28] | It was you, wasn’t it? | 是你干的 对吗 |
[39:32] | You killed Gideon Blackburn. | 你杀了吉迪恩·布莱克本 |
[39:35] | Yes. | 是 |
[39:35] | He was an innocent man! | 他是无辜的 |
[39:37] | Gideon didn’t deserve his fate… | 吉迪恩不该如此下场 |
[39:40] | but Elizabeth did. | 但伊丽莎白是活该 |
[39:41] | She loved Gideon, deeply, | 她深爱吉迪恩 |
[39:43] | with all her heart, and now, | 全心全意地爱他 |
[39:46] | she knows what it feels like | 现在她知道 |
[39:48] | to lose the one she loved the most. | 失去最爱之人的感觉了 |
[39:52] | So… | 这样 |
[39:53] | the scales are balanced. | 就算平衡了 |
[39:55] | Get out. | 出去 |
[39:58] | Get out of my court. | 离开我的宫廷 |
[39:59] | Get out of my country! Get out! | 离开我的国家 滚 |
[40:04] | Mary. What’s the matter? | 玛丽 怎么了 |
[40:06] | It was him, Narcisse. | 是他 是纳西斯 |
[40:08] | He’s the one who killed Gideon, | 是他杀了吉迪恩 |
[40:09] | and this is his revenge on John Knox. | 这是他对约翰·诺克斯的复仇 |
[40:12] | He castrated him. | 他阉了他 |
[40:15] | I can’t keep living like this, | 我无法继续这样生活下去了 |
[40:17] | trapped in this endless cycle | 我不想困在这无尽的 |
[40:19] | of bitterness and revenge. | 痛苦和复仇当中了 |
[40:22] | I need to find peace in my country, in my life… | 我需要在我的国家 在我的生活中 |
[40:28] | …even in my marriage. | 在我的婚姻中 找到和平 |
[40:31] | Mary, no. | 玛丽 不 |
[40:32] | I’m sorry, | 对不起 |
[40:33] | but I have to let go | 但我必须放手 |
[40:34] | of this desire for revenge | 不再去想报仇 |
[40:37] | before everyone I love drowns in a pool of blood… | 否则我爱的每个人都会溺死在鲜血里 |
[40:45] | …even if that means we can’t be together. | 即使这意味着我们不能在一起 |
[40:49] | Darnley must go free. | 必须让达恩利自由 |
[40:58] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[40:59] | Oh, I’m so glad to see you. Have you been well? | 见到你真高兴 你一切可好 |
[41:02] | I’ve not been in a dungeon, as you have. | 我没跟你一样被关在地牢里 |
[41:05] | With cousins in the countryside, weren’t you? | 你去乡下亲戚那了 是吗 |
[41:07] | Uh, yes. | 是 |
[41:09] | Darnley… | 达恩利 |
[41:11] | they say you have taken part in a coup. | 他们说你参与了政变 |
[41:14] | It got… out of hand. | 事情 失控了 |
[41:17] | I was a part of it, and then I was arrested | 我是参加了 然后我因为 |
[41:19] | for killing members of the privy council, | 杀害枢密院成员被捕 |
[41:21] | but without witnesses for either crime, nothing can be proven. | 但两桩罪都没有证人 他们什么都证明不了 |
[41:26] | I took care of it. | 我处理好了 |
[41:28] | Please tell me that you didn’t burn those men. | 拜托你别告诉我你烧死了那些人 |
[41:31] | I didn’t want to at first, but… | 我开始不想的 但是 |
[41:36] | she convinced me that it was the only way to protect myself. | 她说服我 那是我自保的唯一方法 |
[41:39] | She? Who convinced you? | 她 谁说服了你 |
[41:41] | Keira. | 凯拉 |
[41:43] | She’s been very helpful. | 她帮了我很大的忙 |
[41:46] | She’s more intelligent than you ever gave her credit for. | 你根本想不到她有多聪明 |
[41:49] | Keira? K-Keira is dead. | 凯拉 她死了 |
[41:53] | She was gone, but now she’s back so that we can be together. | 她是离开过 不过现在她回来跟我在一起了 |
[41:59] | Like we were always meant to be. | 我们注定要在一起的 |