时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Scotland Yard wishes to engage your services. | 苏格兰场希望与你合作 |
[00:05] | I hoped it will be that! | 我正希望是这件事 |
[00:06] | There are various political groups in London… | 目前伦敦有不少政治团体 |
[00:08] | who seek to cause disruption. | 想引起骚乱 |
[00:10] | There’s talk that they are becoming increasingly radical. | 有消息称他们最近变得非常激进 |
[00:13] | The woman is unhinged. | 那女人就是个疯子 |
[00:16] | – Capable anything. – Even murder? | -什么都干得出来 -甚至是谋杀吗 |
[00:18] | Nitroglycerine… | 硝酸甘油 |
[00:19] | Do you think he is… making a bomb… | 你不会觉得他在…制作炸弹 |
[00:22] | You work for men. | 你为男人卖命 |
[00:24] | You do whatever they ask. | 你做他们要求的一切 |
[00:26] | Was there anyone in particular | 有什么人 |
[00:27] | you wish to commend for their efforts? | 你想特别表扬的吗 |
[00:44] | Mr Parker’s here! | 帕克先生来了 |
[00:45] | Finally! | 终于 |
[00:47] | As requested, | 如你要求 |
[00:48] | the morning edition of The London Post. | 《伦敦邮报》的早版 |
[00:51] | This is actually the first newspaper I have bought myself, | 这其实是我自己第一次买报纸 |
[00:55] | we usually have them hand delivered on a tray. | 在家通常是用托盘递上来 |
[00:57] | I had a chat with the seller, | 我和卖报人畅聊了一番 |
[00:59] | very colourful character, very earthy. | 他真是非常有趣 很接地气 |
[01:01] | Aren’t they just? | 可不是嘛 |
[01:05] | This publicity will be so good for business. | 这次报道会对生意很有好处 |
[01:07] | They may even mention you, Rupert; | 他们甚至会提到你呢 鲁伯特 |
[01:09] | – Miss Scarlet’s business partner. – Really? | -斯嘉丽小姐的生意伙伴 -真的吗 |
[01:12] | Oh that would be most pleasing indeed although I… | 那会让我非常开心 但是 |
[01:14] | I don’t think my mother would be at all | 我想我母亲肯定对我 |
[01:16] | pleased to hear of my new investment. | 这项新投资颇有意见 |
[01:19] | Here we are. | 在这呢 |
[01:20] | Read it to us! | 读出来 |
[01:21] | “The campaign for women’s suffrage | “女性参政权运动 |
[01:23] | took a dramatic turn when a bomb plot was foiled | 发生了翻天覆地的转折 苏格兰场的 |
[01:25] | by Detective Inspector Wellington of Scotland Yard”… | 惠灵顿督察制止了一颗炸弹爆炸” |
[01:29] | “Dogged determination | “不屈不挠的决心 |
[01:31] | countless lives saved | 拯救了无数生命 |
[01:33] | the man is a credit to the police service.” | 这位男士着实是警队的骄傲” |
[01:36] | – Well, what does is say about you? – Yes, what…? | -那怎么说你的 -对 那里… |
[01:38] | Well, there’s no mention of me or my part in the investigation. | 这里没提到任何我对此次调查的贡献 |
[01:40] | Only Inspector Wellington | 只提了惠灵顿督察 |
[01:41] | and his “brilliant and tenacious mind”. | 和他的”聪明才干” |
[01:49] | Does it mention me? | 那提到我了吗 |
[02:32] | 伦敦大都会警部 苏格兰场 | |
[02:45] | As well as The London Post there are also art… | 除了《伦敦邮报》以外 还有… |
[02:55] | Good. | 好 |
[02:59] | Very good. | 非常好 |
[03:05] | Continue. | 接着说 |
[03:06] | Yes. As I was saying, sir, as well as The London Post | 如我所说 长官 除了《伦敦邮报》以外 |
[03:09] | there are also articles | 还有其他文章 |
[03:10] | in The Telegraph and The Morning Chronicle. | 刊登在《电讯报》和《晨报》上 |
[03:12] | So I believe. | 我想也是 |
[03:14] | Wonderful publicity, Wellington. | 极好的宣传 惠灵顿 |
[03:17] | Thank you sir. | 谢谢 长官 |
[03:18] | So good in fact that I’ve had a telegram | 非常好 事实上我收到了一份电报 |
[03:21] | from the editor of The Illustrated Police News. | 来自《警察新闻画刊》的编辑 |
[03:24] | They wish to write an article about you. | 他们希望写一篇关于你的报道 |
[03:28] | About me, sir? | 关于我 长官 |
[03:29] | It’s an utter rag of course, | 其实那报纸就是张破布 |
[03:31] | full of wild gossip and cheap sensation, | 充满着谣言和哗众取宠 |
[03:33] | but apparently the Home Secretary reads the damn thing. | 但听说内阁大臣会看那玩意儿 |
[03:35] | Anyway, they’re sending | 总之 他们派了 |
[03:37] | one of their “journalists” over this morning. | 一位”记者”今早过来 |
[03:40] | You might wish to mention me at some point. | 你也许想适当地提提我 |
[03:44] | Yes, sir. | 好的 |
[03:45] | My steady hand at the wheel | 我稳健地掌舵 |
[03:47] | guiding the ship through choppy waters, | 引导船只驶过惊涛骇浪 |
[03:49] | inspiring all those who serve under me. | 激励着所有在我手下工作的人 |
[03:53] | Use your own words obviously. | 当然要用你自己的话 |
[03:55] | Obviously, sir. | 那是当然 长官 |
[03:57] | Do that Wellington | 这么做 惠灵顿 |
[03:59] | and the promotion we discussed will be yours. | 之前我们谈过的升职 就是你的 |
[04:11] | Inspector. | 督察 |
[04:24] | Who let you in? | 谁让你进来的 |
[04:25] | Alfred, the desk sergeant. | 阿尔弗莱德 值班警察 |
[04:28] | Alfred? | 阿尔弗莱德 |
[04:30] | I thought his name was Albert. | 我以为他叫阿尔伯特 |
[04:32] | It seems you’re good at forgetting names. Mine in particular. | 看起来你很擅长忘记人名 尤其是我的 |
[04:38] | The article… | 那篇文章 |
[04:39] | No mention of me at all! | 完全没提到我 |
[04:41] | No wonder you were so coy in telling me about it, | 难怪你忸忸怩怩地不肯告诉我 |
[04:43] | I stupidly mistook your slyness for modesty. | 我还傻乎乎地以为你是谦逊 |
[04:45] | – Eliza, it’s… – I need that publicity! | -伊莱莎 这是… -我需要那份报道宣传我 |
[04:47] | For every ten clients that come to see me, nine do an about turn | 每十个上门的客户中 有九个在看到 |
[04:50] | when they see that it’s not | 坐在椅子上的不是 |
[04:51] | Henry Scarlet behind the desk but his daughter. | 亨利·斯嘉丽而是他女儿后 就会转身离去 |
[04:53] | Eliza, I am a Detective Inspector with Scotland Yard. | 伊莱莎 我是苏格兰场的督察 |
[04:57] | It’s one thing my men knowing about our arrangement | 我的手下知道我们的合作是一回事 |
[04:59] | but it’s quite another for it to be plastered across a newspaper. | 但在报纸上大肆宣传此事就是另一回事了 |
[05:03] | If a situation occurs where we work together again, | 如果再出现我们需要合作的情况 |
[05:06] | I will try my utmost | 我会尽我所能 |
[05:07] | to ensure that you receive the credit that you deserve. | 确保你得到应得的功劳 |
[05:12] | Very well. | 很好 |
[05:13] | I will try to give you the benefit of the doubt. | 我就暂时相信你了 |
[05:17] | Duke, there’s a Mr. Bunce in reception… | 公爵 有位邦斯先生在前台 |
[05:20] | I’ll tell him to wait. | 我让他等等 |
[05:23] | Good, then that’s settled. | 好 那就这么定了 |
[05:28] | It is far from settled. | 这事远没有定呢 |
[05:42] | Frank?! | 弗兰克 |
[05:44] | Frank! | 弗兰克 |
[05:46] | Send the journalist in. | 让那个记者进来 |
[05:57] | Guten morgen, Fräulein Scarlet! | 早上好 斯嘉丽小姐 |
[06:00] | Good morning, Herr Hildegard. | 早上好 希尔德加德先生 |
[06:01] | Fräulein Scarlet, may I introduce my niece Tilly. | 斯嘉丽小姐 请允许我介绍我的侄女蒂丽 |
[06:05] | She has come to stay with me from Hamburg. | 她从汉堡过来 跟我住一段时间 |
[06:08] | Delighted to meet you Fräulein Hildegard. | 很高兴见到你 希尔德加德小姐 |
[06:10] | During her stay. | 在她居住期间 |
[06:11] | I’m sure she would welcome some time | 我想她一定很希望 |
[06:13] | with a more mature lady such as yourself. | 和您这样的成熟女性共度时光 |
[06:16] | Someone who can impart advice about the latest fashions | 有人可以教教她最近流行什么 |
[06:21] | and indeed, society gossip. | 给她讲讲社会热闻 |
[06:23] | I know how you ladies like to talk. | 我知道女士们都很健谈 |
[06:26] | I’m a little busy working | 我工作很忙 |
[06:28] | to be aware of any gossip, Herr Hildegard. | 没时间关注什么热闻 希尔德加德先生 |
[06:30] | Quite so. And I have told Tilly | 肯定是这样 我还告诉蒂莉 |
[06:32] | all about you and your detective agency! | 你和你的侦探事务所的事情 |
[06:35] | I have never seen her so excited. | 我从没见过她那么兴奋 |
[06:41] | Which presses me to venture… | 这就促使我想冒昧地问下… |
[06:43] | are you busy at this moment? | 你现在忙吗 |
[06:46] | I’m afraid to say that I am, but | 恐怕是的 但 |
[06:48] | – perhaps another time? – That is a shame | -或许换个时间 -真遗憾 |
[06:50] | since I have a case for you. | 我还有个案子想找你呢 |
[06:55] | That said, | 即便很忙 |
[06:56] | I am never too busy for you Herr Hildegard. | 但总能找出时间接待您 希尔德加德先生 |
[07:00] | Now what do you know about Death Photography? | 你对死亡摄影了解多少 |
[07:06] | There are those who wish to have one final | 有些人想要在心爱之人下葬之前 |
[07:09] | image of their loved ones before they are buried. | 再留一张他们的照片 |
[07:14] | There is a mark on his cheek. | 他的脸颊上有个点 |
[07:16] | Yes, Mr Henderson. | 好的 亨德森先生 |
[07:18] | A friend of mine, James Henderson, | 我的一位朋友 詹姆斯·亨德森 |
[07:20] | provides this service. | 就提供这种服务 |
[07:41] | It’s a fascinating business you have here. | 您的工作真令人着迷 |
[07:44] | There are those who find it somewhat macabre, | 有些人觉得有点恐怖 |
[07:46] | but I believe we provide an invaluable service to the bereaved. | 但我认为我们为死者家属提供了宝贵的服务 |
[07:50] | Herr Hildegard speaks very highly of you. | 希尔德加德先生对您评价非常高 |
[07:52] | He is most kind. | 他真好 |
[07:54] | So how may I be of service? | 我能如何为您效劳呢 |
[07:56] | I have been receiving some disturbing correspondence. | 最近我收到一些令人不安的来信 |
[07:59] | I informed the Police but they have as yet done nothing. | 我报了警 但警方至今无所作为 |
[08:02] | They are a constant disappointment, are they not? | 他们总是这么让人失望 难道不是吗 |
[08:06] | They arrive in plain envelopes | 信件都用普通信封装着 |
[08:08] | with no address or postmark. | 上面没有地址也没有邮戳 |
[08:11] | Hand delivered? | 亲手投递的信件 |
[08:12] | At different times on different days. | 在不同的日子和不同的时间寄来的 |
[08:14] | Each one contains a photograph | 每一封信里都有一张照片 |
[08:15] | I’ve taken of their deceased loved one, | 是我给客户去世的爱人们照的照片 |
[08:17] | but they’ve all been manipulated from the original, see? | 但都是在原片基础上做了改变 看到了吗 |
[08:21] | After the first two arrived | 在收到了前两封信之后 |
[08:22] | I believed someone was gaining access to my studio | 我觉得有人进入了我的工作室 |
[08:24] | so I burnt every negative in my archive, | 所以我把所有的底片都烧掉了 |
[08:26] | but still they keep coming. | 但这些照片仍然不断寄来 |
[08:29] | And there is no message with them? | 除了照片没有别的信息吗 |
[08:31] | Isn’t this message enough? | 这还不够吗 |
[08:33] | Whoever is doing this is clearly trying to terrify me. | 寄信的人显然是想要吓我 |
[08:36] | That ghostly figure is no random woman. | 这个幽灵般的影子不是随便什么女人 |
[08:38] | You know her? | 你认识她 |
[08:41] | Her name was Catherine. | 她叫凯瑟琳 |
[08:43] | She was my wife. | 是我的妻子 |
[08:46] | She died last year. | 她去年去世了 |
[08:50] | And in here we have our records room – | 这里面是档案室 |
[08:53] | every arrest and conviction going back to 1829. | 里面有从1829年起全部的逮捕和定罪纪录 |
[08:57] | There’s actually a warrant | 里面有一张搜查令 |
[08:58] | in there signed by Robert Peel himself. | 是由罗伯特·皮尔本人签署的 |
[09:00] | Robert Peel, ooh, | 罗伯特·皮尔 |
[09:02] | absolutely fascinating. | 真厉害 |
[09:05] | You know, it truly is an honour | 我感觉很荣幸 |
[09:07] | to have been invited into the | 能够受邀进入 |
[09:09] | inner sanctum of such an esteemed detective. | 德高望重的督察的办公场所 |
[09:12] | Ah, I must say: I’m surprised you’ve even heard of me. | 我不得不说 我很惊讶你竟然听说过我 |
[09:15] | You are too modest, sir. | 您太谦虚了 先生 |
[09:17] | Your reputation precedes you. | 您的大名已经无人不晓了 |
[09:19] | Well, that is for others to say. | 好吧 这是别人的看法 |
[09:21] | Which they do. | 大家都是这么认为的 |
[09:22] | You are the talk of London, Inspector… | 您是伦敦的话题人物 督察… |
[09:25] | – It’s just there. – And I can honestly say… | -这边 -我说实话… |
[09:27] | with my hand on my heart, | 摸着良心说 |
[09:28] | I wept tears of joy on hearing about your latest exploits – | 听到您最近的事迹我简直喜极而泣 |
[09:34] | the scuppering of the bomb plot, ho ho! | 摧毁炸弹阴谋 |
[09:37] | And not just of joy, of gratitude too. | 不只是喜悦 还有感激 |
[09:41] | Well, that is… | 这… |
[09:42] | And relief. | 还有安慰 |
[09:44] | Tears of joy, gratitude and relief. | 喜悦 感激和安慰的泪水 |
[09:48] | Excuse me, | 抱歉 |
[09:49] | I am as emotional as I am loquacious. | 我比较情绪化 就像我很健谈一样 |
[09:53] | I shall conclude by saying again | 我还是得再重申一遍 |
[09:55] | it is an honour to be in your presence | 能采访您我感觉非常荣幸 |
[09:58] | and I know our readers will be absolutely fascinated | 我知道读者们一定非常乐意 |
[10:01] | to learn more about the courage | 了解更多关于那个 |
[10:03] | of the man who keeps us safe in our beds at night. | 让我们每晚能够安眠的男人的英伟事迹 |
[10:06] | Yes, whilst we’re umm… | 是的 既然我们… |
[10:08] | whilst we’re on that. | 既然我们说到这个 |
[10:15] | You would do me a great service | 如果您能在报道中 |
[10:17] | if in the course of your writing | 提一下我们部门的头儿 |
[10:19] | you were to mention the head of our division, | 那就帮我了大忙了 |
[10:21] | Superintendent Stirling. | 他叫斯特林警司 |
[10:22] | His leadership and guidance | 他的领导和指引 |
[10:25] | really is an inspiration to all those below him. | 对于手下来说是很大的激励 |
[10:29] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[10:32] | It is. | 是的 |
[10:33] | I understand completely, Inspector. | 我非常了解 督察 |
[10:37] | We all have masters to serve. | 我们都得为上级服务 |
[10:41] | And on that topic, | 关于这个话题 |
[10:43] | might I suggest a little quid pro quo. | 我可以提出一个小小的交换条件吗 |
[10:46] | Our newspaper editor – | 我们报社编辑 |
[10:48] | no stranger to vanity himself – | 他是个虚荣的主儿 |
[10:50] | is very keen to attract the largest possible readership. | 非常渴望吸引尽可能多的读者 |
[10:56] | As such we tend to favour | 所以我们都想听到 |
[10:58] | the more sensational stories. | 最惊心动魄的故事 |
[11:02] | I’m sure we can find something. | 我们肯定能找到这样的故事 |
[11:06] | Let’s um… Let’s see what came in overnight. | 让我们…看看一夜之间都发生了什么 |
[11:10] | Ah, here we are. | 这就是了 |
[11:11] | Arson in Tower Hamlets brothel. | 陶尔哈姆莱茨妓院纵火案 |
[11:15] | Promising, very promising. | 有意思 很有意思 |
[11:18] | Any fatalities? | 有人死亡吗 |
[11:20] | No. | 没有 |
[11:23] | Shame. | 真遗憾 |
[11:25] | Right. | 好吧 |
[11:30] | Dead body floating in the Thames. | 泰晤士河浮尸 |
[11:32] | Ooh, a male? Female? | 男人 女人 |
[11:36] | Child? | 小孩吗 |
[11:37] | A middle aged man. | 一名中年男子 |
[11:42] | Oh for a world where | 这世界上 |
[11:44] | men like we could be held in the public’s affection. | 我们这样的男人很受公众喜爱 |
[11:48] | Ah, I say “we”, you are of course younger than myself | 我说”我们” 你当然比我年轻的多 |
[11:51] | but you take the point I’m making. | 但你懂我的意思 |
[11:55] | It is the death of the young and the beautiful | 只有年轻漂亮的人死了 |
[11:58] | that persuades people to part with their pennies. | 人们才愿甘心乐意掏钱买报 |
[12:04] | Yes, | 对 |
[12:06] | of course. | 当然 |
[12:07] | Then you will understand | 那你就能理解 |
[12:09] | that if the article is to be published, | 若要发布这篇文章 |
[12:12] | I shall need a, a novel | 我需要一则新奇 |
[12:14] | or intriguing case. | 或耸人听闻的事件 |
[12:19] | If the article is to be published? | 若要发布这篇文章 |
[12:23] | Purely semantics, Inspector. | 只是一种说法 督察 |
[12:42] | These | 这些 |
[12:43] | are my very best magnifying glasses. | 是我最好的放大镜 |
[12:47] | Top quality. Baumann and Schuster. | 品质上乘 鲍曼和舒斯特牌 |
[12:50] | They make the best lenses in Germany. | 他们在德国制作最好的镜片 |
[12:51] | You are most kind, Herr Hildegard. | 您真是太慷慨了 希尔德加德先生 |
[12:54] | My father used to have an extensive collection | 我爸爸曾有一批丰富的收藏 |
[12:56] | but they seem to have gone awry. | 但它们似乎出问题了 |
[12:59] | Goodness only knows where he put them. | 天知道他把它们放哪了 |
[13:01] | Your father was a great many things | 你父亲有很多品质 |
[13:03] | but organised was not one of them. | 但有条理 却不在其中 |
[13:07] | These are the photographs sent to Herr Henderson? | 这些是寄给亨德森先生的照片吗 |
[13:10] | Yes. One of two have slight marks on them. | 是的 其中一封上面有轻微的痕迹 |
[13:12] | I need to examine them more closely. | 我需要更仔细地检查 |
[13:16] | Do you know Mr. Henderson well? | 你很了解亨德森先生吗 |
[13:18] | Our paths often cross through work. | 我们工作中经常有交集 |
[13:20] | I have known him ten years or so. | 我认识他十多年了 |
[13:22] | He cannot think of anyone who might wish to distress him. | 他想不到任何可能希望他痛苦的人 |
[13:26] | – Can you? – No. | -您能想到吗 -不 |
[13:27] | He’s a good man. A kind man. | 他是个好人 很善良 |
[13:34] | There. | 那 |
[13:35] | There on the corner. | 边角那 |
[13:38] | And here on the outside of the envelope. | 还有在这个信封外侧 |
[13:41] | It looks like dried blood. | 看上去像干掉的血迹 |
[13:45] | A further threat perhaps? | 是进一步的威胁吗 |
[13:47] | Well then why make it so hard to see? | 那为什么这么难看到 |
[13:50] | Did James tell you how Catherine died? | 詹姆斯告诉过你凯瑟琳是怎么死的吗 |
[13:52] | No? | 没有 |
[13:54] | She was a troubled soul. | 她是个饱受煎熬的人 |
[13:56] | Took her own life | 她自杀了 |
[13:57] | and it was poor James that found her. | 可怜的詹姆斯发现了她 |
[14:00] | Whoever is doing this to him is most cruel. | 无论是谁给他寄的信 都太残忍了 |
[14:45] | Miss Scarlet? | 斯嘉丽小姐 |
[14:47] | My name is Amelia Evans. | 我是艾米丽娅·埃文斯 |
[14:49] | – We met at Mr. Henderson’s studio. – Of course. | -我们在亨德森先生的工作室见过 -是的 |
[14:52] | Please. | 请 |
[14:56] | Take a seat. | 请坐 |
[15:04] | I know who’s doing this. | 我知道是谁做的 |
[15:07] | You know? | 你知道吗 |
[15:08] | I help James with his photography | 我帮詹姆斯拍摄照片 |
[15:10] | but I was hired by his wife Catherine | 但我最初是被她的妻子凯瑟琳雇用 |
[15:13] | to be Governess to their daughter. | 给他们的女儿做家庭教师 |
[15:15] | Poor Catherine had been struggling for some time with her health. | 可怜的凯瑟琳饱受病痛折磨良久 |
[15:17] | She was prone to dark moods. | 她情绪很低落 |
[15:20] | Things became so bad that… | 情况越来越坏 |
[15:24] | I know how she died. | 我知道她怎么死的 |
[15:27] | Her poor man was broken, | 她可怜的丈夫伤心欲绝 |
[15:30] | and I started to help with his work | 我开始做他的助手 |
[15:31] | as well as my duties as Governess to Violet. | 兼任维奥莱特的家庭教师 |
[15:34] | I didn’t mean for us to become so close. | 我没想让我们关系变得很亲密 |
[15:37] | People can make such judgements. | 但人们都开始这么说 |
[15:39] | – That is why he wishes to keep it quiet. – Keep what quiet? | -所以他希望保持低调 -保持什么低调 |
[15:44] | We are engaged. | 我们订婚了 |
[15:46] | He proposed three weeks ago. | 他三周前求的婚 |
[15:48] | The very next day the first photograph arrived. | 就在次日 第一张照片出现了 |
[15:51] | She’s punishing us. | 她在惩罚我们 |
[15:53] | She is sending these images from beyond the grave. | 她从坟墓里寄出了这些照片 |
[15:56] | Surely you… you don’t believe that? | 你不会真的相信吧 |
[15:58] | Catherine warned me she would return | 凯瑟琳警告过我 |
[15:59] | and punish me if I went near her husband. | 如果我接近她丈夫 她会回来惩罚我 |
[16:02] | This is the revenge of her tortured soul | 这是她饱受折磨的灵魂的复仇 |
[16:06] | and I will prove it to you! | 我会证明给你看 |
[16:11] | Before she passed into spirit… | 在她死之前 |
[16:14] | And left this mortal realm, | 离开人间 |
[16:16] | your mother gave you something to remember her by. | 你妈妈给你留了东西去缅怀她 |
[16:20] | It was… | 是 |
[16:22] | a painting? | 一幅画吗 |
[16:23] | Yes! That’s right! | 是的 对 |
[16:25] | A beautiful landscape of a river. | 一幅漂亮的河景图 |
[16:29] | A city… | 一座城市 |
[16:30] | London? No, wait… | 伦敦吗 不 等等 |
[16:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:36] | Not London, Paris. | 不是伦敦 巴黎 |
[16:39] | The Seine at sunset. | 塞纳河日落 |
[16:52] | Miss Scarlet is still not convinced, mother. | 斯嘉丽小姐还不相信 妈妈 |
[16:57] | Let’s just say I enjoyed the spectacle. | 老实说我很喜欢这个表演 |
[16:59] | Spectacle? | 表演 |
[17:01] | That is what you believe you witnessed? | 你觉得看到的只是表演 |
[17:04] | Well, the world would be a very dull place | 如果我们都持有相同的信仰 |
[17:06] | if we all just shared the same beliefs. | 那世界就会变得枯燥无聊 |
[17:09] | Mother has the gift. She’s had it since childhood. | 妈妈有这种天赋 她从小就有 |
[17:12] | Tell her what you know of Catherine. | 告诉她凯瑟琳的事 |
[17:15] | She’s a restless soul. | 她是个焦躁不安的灵魂 |
[17:18] | Angry, betrayed, | 愤怒 被背叛 |
[17:20] | vengeful towards my daughter. | 想向我女儿复仇 |
[17:23] | And you think she is sending | 你觉得她从 |
[17:24] | these photographs from beyond the grave? | 坟墓里寄出的这些照片 |
[17:26] | I do not think it. | 不是我认为 |
[17:29] | I know it. | 我知道 |
[17:30] | Catherine has told me herself from spirit. | 凯瑟琳的灵魂已经告诉我了 |
[17:35] | Miss Evans, would you mind if I spoke to your mother alone? | 埃文斯小姐 你介意我和你妈妈单独谈谈吗 |
[17:47] | You’re causing your daughter great distress. | 你让你的女儿非常不安 |
[17:51] | Surely you can see that? | 你看不出来吗 |
[17:52] | I’m only telling her the truth. | 我只是告诉她真相 |
[17:54] | You’re telling her fairy tales, cruel ones at that! | 你在给她讲神话故事 很残忍的那种 |
[17:59] | You’re a lot like him. | 你很像他 |
[18:02] | Who? | 谁 |
[18:03] | Your father. | 你父亲 |
[18:05] | – He was a sceptic too. – You knew him? | -他也是个怀疑论者 -你认识他 |
[18:08] | Not in life, | 他生前不认识 |
[18:10] | but I see him now. | 但我现在看见他了 |
[18:13] | He follows you. | 他正跟着你 |
[18:15] | I don’t know what your motives are for spouting such nonsense. | 我不知道你为什么要胡说八道 |
[18:21] | I will tell her. | 我会转告她 |
[18:24] | Your father says that when you were a girl you had a pet frog. | 你父亲说 你小的时候养了一只宠物青蛙 |
[18:29] | He once used it to demonstrate the effects of chloroform. | 他有一次曾用那只青蛙实验氯仿的效果 |
[18:33] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[18:34] | You named the frog after your teacher. | 你用老师的名字为青蛙命名 |
[18:39] | Mrs. Dawkins, wasn’t it? | 道金斯老师 是吗 |
[18:46] | As you can see, there’s a single bullet wound to the chest. | 正如你所见 胸口有一处枪伤 |
[18:49] | The entry point here. | 射入口在这 |
[18:51] | The exit wound is larger because the bullet expands | 子弹射出的伤口更大 因为子弹扩散了 |
[18:54] | as it travels through the body and… | 当子弹穿透人体时 |
[18:58] | I see that you’re not taking any notes, Mr. Bunce? | 我发现你没有在记笔记 邦斯先生 |
[19:02] | Oh, that is because | 这是因为 |
[19:04] | you are so fascinating to listen to, Inspector, | 听你讲解真是太让人着迷了 督察 |
[19:07] | and also because | 也因为 |
[19:10] | this crime does appear a little commonplace. | 这起案子显得太寻常了 |
[19:13] | Our readers crave intrigue and mystery | 读者希望看到阴谋和秘密 |
[19:17] | as I believe I have already stated several times! | 我已经强调过多次了 |
[19:22] | Well, we have yet to do interviews with known associates, | 我们还没有审讯过他的同事 |
[19:25] | checks for previous convictions. | 查他的前科 |
[19:28] | Perhaps that will throw up some intrigue. | 也许这会揭露一些阴谋 |
[19:31] | And mystery? | 和秘密吗 |
[19:33] | And mystery. | 和秘密 |
[19:35] | Duke. | 公爵 |
[19:36] | We just got a message from the Yard. | 我们刚收到苏格兰场的消息 |
[19:38] | It was his business partner that shot him. | 是他的商业伙伴杀了他 |
[19:40] | Some row over an unpaid loan. | 他们因未偿付的贷款起了争执 |
[19:42] | Well, let’s not be too hasty, Detective Jenkins. | 不要太急于下定论 詹金斯警探 |
[19:45] | There may be more to this than meets the eye. | 这件事可能比表面上看到的更复杂 |
[19:47] | Three witnesses saw him do it | 三名证人目击了他开枪 |
[19:49] | and when he got arrested he said… | 而且他被逮捕时 说… |
[19:51] | “I’m glad I killed him.” | “我很高兴我杀了他” |
[19:54] | Excuse me, may I enquire as | 抱歉 我可以问一下 |
[19:56] | to what line of business they were engaged in? | 他们做的是什么样的生意 |
[19:58] | A circus perhaps? | 是马戏团吗 |
[20:00] | Grave robbery? Opium dealing? | 盗墓 鸦片走私 |
[20:03] | No! They were chartered accountants. | 不是 他们是特许会计师 |
[20:07] | Right. Thank you. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[20:13] | There’s a burglary in Clerkenwell that sounded promising. | 克勒肯维尔发生了入室抢劫 听着有点戏 |
[20:16] | Well, let’s hope so! | 希望如此吧 |
[20:18] | Inspector Wellington, | 惠灵顿督察 |
[20:19] | as you know I’m a man who takes no pleasure from conflict. | 正如你所知 我是个不喜欢争执的人 |
[20:23] | Indeed I run from it with all the strength I get from the good Lord. | 事实上 我用尽上帝赐予的力量远离争端 |
[20:26] | But there are times when a foot must be put down | 但有时候 我不得不放下一只脚 |
[20:28] | and I regret to inform you that my foot, | 而且我得告诉你 我的一只脚 |
[20:31] | indeed both my foot… feet, | 其实是我的两只脚 双脚 |
[20:33] | have been thrust firmly into the ground. | 都已经被牢牢钉在地面了 |
[20:35] | What the hell are you talking about, man? | 你到底在说什么 |
[20:37] | Oh she, she vexes me so I can hardly string two words together. | 她让我如此恼火 我都语无伦次了 |
[20:40] | You must speak to her, Inspector, | 你一定要说说她 督察 |
[20:42] | she will not listen to reason! | 她简直无法理喻 |
[20:43] | – Who? – Miss Scarlet! | -谁 -斯嘉丽小姐 |
[20:45] | She’s causing a commotion outside trying to gain access. | 她在外面引发骚动 试图进来 |
[20:49] | Who is Miss Scarlet? | 斯嘉丽小姐是谁 |
[20:52] | – Oh, that female det… – It’s my cousin. | -那个女侦… -是我的表妹 |
[20:54] | A very dull, really quite plain, uninteresting woman. | 一个无聊至极 毫无乐趣的普通女人 |
[21:00] | One moment, please. | 请等我一会 |
[21:16] | No. | 不行 |
[21:18] | – But I haven’t even told you what I… – No. | -但是我还没告诉你我 -不行 |
[21:21] | I need the criminal background on a suspect. | 我需要一名嫌犯的犯罪记录 |
[21:22] | I believe she’s practicing some kind of fraud. | 我认为她在进行一起诈骗案 |
[21:24] | No. | 不行 |
[21:26] | – Is that all you’re going to say to me? – Yes. | -你就只打算跟我说不行吗 -是的 |
[21:29] | I’m busy. | 我很忙 |
[21:31] | William, you’ve already let me down once. | 威廉 你已经让我失望过一次了 |
[21:32] | Please do not do it again. | 请别再重蹈覆辙了 |
[21:38] | Frank?! | 弗兰克 |
[21:40] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[21:42] | Go with him, he’ll help you out. | 你跟他走 他会帮你的 |
[21:43] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[21:44] | He likes me even less than I like him. | 我不喜欢他 他更不喜欢我 |
[21:46] | I’ll wait for you to finish. | 我等你结束 |
[21:47] | I do not want you loitering here! | 我不希望你在这里徘徊 |
[21:50] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[21:54] | Frank?! | 弗兰克 |
[21:57] | Wait here. | 在这等着 |
[22:25] | There are no records of Edith Evans having any criminal convictions. | 这里没有伊迪丝·埃文斯的犯罪记录 |
[22:28] | You’re sure this is everything on fraudsters and spiritualists. | 你确定所有诈骗犯和灵媒的记录都在这吗 |
[22:32] | Yep. | 对 |
[22:34] | Or she may have used a different name, | 也许她用了另一个名字 |
[22:35] | that’s common in fraud. | 诈骗案里这种情况很常见 |
[22:38] | You don’t say. | 可不是吗 |
[22:40] | This woman is connected to a crime reported here a few weeks ago. | 这个女人与几周前上报的一起案子有关 |
[22:43] | I’d like to see the case file. | 我想看看卷宗 |
[22:49] | That ain’t going to happen. | 这是不可能的 |
[22:50] | I’m confused. | 奇怪 |
[22:51] | I thought Inspector Wellington told you to help me? | 惠灵顿督察不是让你来帮我的吗 |
[22:54] | He said show you the convictions for petty fraud, | 他说给你看小型诈骗案的卷宗 |
[22:57] | which I have. | 我照做了 |
[22:58] | So now it’s time for you to leave. | 所以你是时候该离开了 |
[23:02] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[23:04] | Frank, Frank, Frank, Frank, Frank, | 弗兰克 弗兰克 |
[23:08] | A man of your intelligence can make his own decisions. | 像你这么聪明的人 可以自己做决定 |
[23:14] | It’s one of your great strengths. | 这是你的优点之一 |
[23:16] | Well… Out. | 出去 |
[23:29] | I’m taking Violet to the park. | 我要带维奥莱特去公园 |
[23:31] | Say goodbye to your papa and to Miss Scarlet. | 跟爸爸和斯嘉丽小姐说再见 |
[23:33] | Goodbye papa. Goodbye Miss Scarlet. | 爸爸再见 斯嘉丽小姐再见 |
[23:35] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[23:40] | She’s so good with Violet. | 她对维奥莱特那么好 |
[23:42] | I don’t know what I would have… | 我不知道我该怎么 |
[23:45] | I should have told you we were engaged. | 我应该告诉你 我们已经订婚了 |
[23:47] | I’m a private man and there are those | 我是个注重隐私的人 而且有些人 |
[23:49] | who would question the haste with which I proposed. | 会质疑我为什么如此着急订婚 |
[23:53] | Do you really believe her mother is involved in this? | 你真的觉得她母亲跟此事有关吗 |
[23:56] | Well, she’s either a fraud or communing with the dead. | 她要么是骗子 要么就是真能与死者沟通 |
[23:59] | And then which I find most likely. | 我认为前者可能性更大 |
[24:01] | But even if she wanted to manipulate the photographs, | 但即使她想要篡改照片 |
[24:04] | she would like to skill. | 她也得先学会这门技术 |
[24:07] | You said you burned the negatives, but before you did, | 你说你把底片都烧了 但在烧掉之前 |
[24:10] | who else would have come into contact with them? | 还有谁能接触到底片 |
[24:12] | Only Amelia. | 只有艾米丽娅 |
[24:15] | You cannot possibly think… | 你不会是觉得 |
[24:17] | Amelia has been beside herself. | 艾米丽娅这段时间害怕极了 |
[24:19] | She’s been suffering night terrors. | 饱受夜惊之苦 |
[24:21] | This whole business has been tearing her apart! | 这件事情都快让她崩溃了 |
[24:25] | I have to go away on business tonight | 我今天晚上要出门做生意 |
[24:28] | and she hates to be alone in the house. | 但是她很怕单独待在家 |
[24:29] | Is there any way you could… | 如果你可以 |
[24:30] | I’m a private investigator, Mr. Henderson, not a nursemaid. | 我是私家侦探 亨德森先生 不是保姆 |
[24:33] | Please. | 求你了 |
[24:35] | I fear she is losing her mind | 我怕她疯了 |
[24:37] | and I cannot lose her as I lost Catherine! | 我已经失去了凯瑟琳 我不能再失去她了 |
[24:42] | Thank you again for staying, Miss Scarlet. | 再次感谢你留下来 斯嘉丽小姐 |
[24:45] | I do hope I haven’t inconvenienced you. | 我希望没有为你造成不便 |
[24:47] | Not at all. My pleasure. | 完全没有 别客气 |
[24:51] | Night times are difficult for me, | 晚上对我来说很难度过 |
[24:53] | given the things that have happened in this house. | 鉴于这房子里发生的一切 |
[24:56] | That is why James is so keen for us to move away. | 所以詹姆斯非常迫切地希望离开这里 |
[25:00] | Where are you moving to? | 你们要搬到哪里 |
[25:02] | Bristol. | 布里斯托尔 |
[25:03] | That’s where he’s gone to see about new premises. | 今晚他就是去那里 寻找一家新店面 |
[25:07] | He believes we need a fresh start. | 他认为我们需要一个崭新的开始 |
[25:10] | And you? | 你呢 |
[25:14] | Thank you, Ruth. | 谢谢 露丝 |
[25:20] | You do not have to get married, you know. | 你不必非要结婚的 |
[25:24] | I wish to be married to James more than anything | 我非常希望能嫁给詹姆斯 |
[25:26] | and have children of my own. | 并生育我自己的孩子 |
[25:28] | What woman would not? | 哪个女人不想结婚生子呢 |
[25:32] | You do not want to have your own family? | 你难道不想要属于自己的家庭吗 |
[25:36] | One day, perhaps. | 也许未来会想吧 |
[25:42] | That will be all, thank you. You may go home now. | 这样就可以了 谢谢 你可以回家了 |
[25:51] | I have not been entirely truthful with you, Miss Scarlet. | 我没有对你说实话 斯嘉丽小姐 |
[25:58] | James and I… | 詹姆斯和我 |
[25:59] | we were together whilst Catherine was alive | 凯瑟琳还活着的时候 我们就在一起了 |
[26:04] | and she knew. | 她也知道 |
[26:06] | That is why she swore to me that she would have her revenge. | 所以她对我发誓 她要向我复仇 |
[26:09] | We have brought this punishment on ourselves. | 我们这是自讨苦吃 |
[26:12] | Whoever is punishing you, it’s not a ghost. | 无论是谁在惩罚你 绝不是鬼魂 |
[26:15] | Perhaps you will change your mind | 也许你会改变想法 |
[26:17] | since this is Catherine’s bedroom, | 因为这就是凯瑟琳的卧室 |
[26:20] | the same room where she took her own life. | 她就是在这里自杀的 |
[26:29] | What happened with that journalist? | 那个记者怎么样了 |
[26:32] | He left. | 他走了 |
[26:35] | Told me to, to contact him when I got an intriguing case. | 让我找到有趣的案子后再联系他 |
[26:41] | Smarmy little git. | 虚情假意的小人 |
[26:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:43] | I wouldn’t have to jump through these hoops | 要是斯特林尊敬我的话 |
[26:45] | for some Fleet Street hack if Stirling respected me. | 我也不用对佛里特街的写手百依百顺了 |
[26:49] | He wanted me to singing praises | 他要我大肆赞扬 |
[26:51] | and talking how well our department is. | 说说我们部门有多好 |
[26:56] | Sounds like him. | 是他的风格 |
[26:58] | I would get the promotional ready | 我会把宣传材料准备好 |
[26:59] | if he saw the right sort of chap. | 要是他能找到合适的人选 |
[27:02] | You know, for being in the army. | 比如说 参过军 |
[27:04] | For being part of the same boarding school. | 上过同一所寄宿学校 |
[27:07] | Way of the world, innit. | 这世界就是这样 不是吗 |
[27:09] | Snobby sods looking down their noses. | 势利小人颐指气使 |
[27:12] | She’s no better, your Miss Scarlet. | 她也没好到哪去 你的斯嘉丽小姐 |
[27:13] | Why do you put up with her anyway? | 你为什么要容忍她呢 |
[27:16] | You hoping to get something out of it? | 你希望从中得到点好处吗 |
[27:18] | Nah. That is not how I see Eliza. | 不 我对伊莱莎不是这样 |
[27:21] | Forgive me, of course. | 当然了 原谅我 |
[27:22] | You’d never take advantage of a woman. | 你绝对不会占女人的便宜 |
[27:29] | Ah, she’s annoying as hell! | 她真是太烦人了 |
[27:32] | But I still would, know what I mean? | 但我还是愿意 知道我什么意思吗 |
[27:34] | You say that again and I’ll knock you through that bloody wall. | 你再说这样的话 我就把你砸到墙里面 |
[27:40] | I’ve known Eliza since we were young. | 我和伊莱莎小时候就认识了 |
[27:42] | Her father couldn’t have done more for me, | 她父亲对我尽心尽力 |
[27:45] | if I was his own flesh and blood. | 就好像我是他的亲生骨肉一样 |
[27:47] | I hope you were courteous to her | 我希望你对她有礼貌一点 |
[27:49] | when you were helping her with her case. | 当你帮助她查案的时候 |
[27:51] | Course I was. | 我当然有礼貌了 |
[27:55] | And it’s not her case. | 而且那不是她的案子 |
[27:57] | It came into us first, | 报案人是先来找我们的 |
[27:58] | it got filed under “waste of time”. | 不过归档到了”浪费时间”那栏 |
[28:02] | Ghouls, death photographers and messages from beyond the grave. | 鬼魂 死亡相片 来自坟墓的信息 |
[28:08] | It’s straight out of a penny dreadful. Bloody nonsense. | 像三流恐怖小说一样的玩意 真是胡说八道 |
[28:59] | Please! | 求你 |
[29:01] | Miss Evans. | 埃文斯小姐 |
[29:02] | Amelia. | 艾米丽娅 |
[29:05] | It’s alright. | 没事了 |
[29:07] | – It’s just a dream. – I’m sorry. | -只不过是个梦 -抱歉 |
[29:11] | I didn’t mean to wake you. | 我不想吵醒你的 |
[29:12] | I wasn’t asleep. | 我没睡着 |
[29:14] | Is there anything you’d like? | 你想不想喝点什么 |
[29:16] | Some warm milk perhaps? | 来杯热牛奶吧 |
[29:17] | Homemaid gone home. | 女佣已经回家了 |
[29:19] | Than I’ll make it. | 那就我来 |
[29:20] | You’re very kind, but no, thank you. | 你人真是太好了 但不用了 谢谢 |
[29:24] | We could have a brandy, | 我们喝一杯白兰地吧 |
[29:25] | for “medicinal purposes”. | 就当作”医疗用途” |
[29:27] | Believe me, I’ve tried. | 相信我 我试过了 |
[29:29] | Just makes things worse. | 但只让事情变得更糟了 |
[29:31] | I will be fine now. | 我现在没事了 |
[29:33] | Well, if you need anything, | 如果你需要什么的话 |
[29:36] | you know where I am. | 你知道我在哪 |
[29:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:45] | Oh dear god… | 我的天哪 |
[29:48] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[29:49] | It’s her. | 是她 |
[30:12] | Are you sure it was you who left the window open last night? | 你确定昨晚把窗户打开的是你吗 |
[30:16] | Yes. I always sleep with it open. | 是的 我总是开着窗睡觉 |
[30:19] | It was raining heavily | 昨晚雨下得很大 |
[30:20] | so if someone came through there’d be footprints or hand marks, | 所以如果有人爬窗进来 一定会有脚印或手印 |
[30:24] | but I can find nothing. | 但我什么都找不到 |
[30:26] | Because no one came through the window. | 因为没有人从窗户进来 |
[30:28] | It was Catherine! She’s punishing us! | 是凯瑟琳 她在惩罚我们 |
[30:31] | The front door was locked last night? | 昨晚 前门锁了吗 |
[30:32] | I locked it myself. | 我亲自锁的 |
[30:34] | And apart from you and Mr. Henderson, who else has a key? | 除了你和亨德森先生 还有谁有钥匙 |
[30:37] | Ruth, our maid. | 露丝 我们的女佣 |
[31:12] | Please step out the way, sir, | 请你让路 先生 |
[31:14] | please, sir. | 请让路 先生 |
[31:40] | Good morning, sir. | 早上好 先生 |
[31:42] | I wonder if you could help me, | 你能不能帮帮我 |
[31:43] | a friend of mine came in here a few moments ago, | 我的一个朋友几分钟前来了这里 |
[31:46] | a lady with a wicker basket? | 一位提着柳条篮的女士 |
[31:49] | She was sending a message to a mutual friend | 她要给我们一位共同的好友寄信 |
[31:51] | who we are to dine with this evening, | 我们今晚要一起共进晚餐 |
[31:52] | but I believe gave the wrong information | 但我觉得她写错了 |
[31:55] | of the restaurant where we are to meet. | 我们今晚见面的餐厅名字 |
[31:57] | I wonder if I might look at that message in order to check. | 我能不能看看那封信 好检查一下 |
[32:01] | Messages treated with strictest confidence. | 信件内容绝对保密 |
[32:04] | I… I do understand of course, | 我当然知道了 |
[32:05] | but she is a dear friend | 但她是我的好朋友 |
[32:07] | and is on occasion somewhat scatter-brained, | 而且有时候有些糊里糊涂的 |
[32:09] | you know how us ladies can be! | 你知道我们女人的 |
[32:13] | Perhaps there’s someone else I can speak to? Your superior? | 或许我可以跟别人谈谈 你的上级 |
[32:17] | I’m in charge today. | 今天我负责 |
[32:21] | I’m a private detective working a case | 我是位私家侦探 正在查案 |
[32:23] | and will pay you handsomely to look the other way. | 愿意给你丰厚的报酬 只要你能佯作不知 |
[32:26] | You’re a what? | 你是什么 |
[32:41] | William! | 威廉 |
[32:43] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[32:45] | I’m looking into the Henderson case again | 我在重新调查亨德森的案子 |
[32:48] | and my enquiries brought me here. | 我打听到了这里 |
[32:50] | Scotland Yard is now interested in this case? | 苏格兰场现在对这起案子有兴趣 |
[32:53] | Stirling has requested | 斯特林要求 |
[32:55] | that all open cases be resolved by the end of the month, | 所有未解决案子要在月末前解决 |
[32:58] | some inventory from the Home Office. | 内政部下的指令 |
[33:02] | So we should pool the information that we have | 所以我们应该交换信息 |
[33:04] | in order to bring the matter to a close. | 好解决这起案子 |
[33:06] | Very well. | 很好 |
[33:07] | What information do you have? | 你有什么信息 |
[33:10] | Well, there’s a, a photographer by the name of Henderson | 有一位叫亨德森的摄影师 |
[33:14] | and he has… he has been receiving photographs. | 他收到了很多照片 |
[33:18] | You don’t actually have any information, do you? | 你其实什么信息都没有 是吗 |
[33:20] | I’ve only just looked at the file and have not got up to speed. | 我才刚看了一下卷宗 还没有跟上进度 |
[33:24] | Did you follow me here? | 你是跟着我来的吗 |
[33:25] | Do you want my help or not? | 你到底要不要我帮忙 |
[33:26] | Why would I want your help? | 为什么我要你帮忙 |
[33:28] | Because you have that irritated look on your face, | 因为你脸上的表情显示你很生气 |
[33:30] | the one you usually reserve for me. | 你这个表情通常是留给我的 |
[33:35] | You will bring me that message now | 立刻把那封信拿来 |
[33:38] | or I will break every bone in your body | 否则我就揍到你浑身骨折 |
[33:40] | and then arrest you for assaulting a police officer! | 然后以袭警的罪名逮捕你 |
[33:45] | Are you… | 你是 |
[33:48] | are you crying? | 你是在哭吗 |
[33:51] | Just go and fetch it and no harm will come to you. | 快去把信拿来 我就不会伤害你 |
[33:54] | Yes, Inspector. | 是 督察 |
[33:59] | What? | 怎么 |
[34:01] | He’s little more than a child. | 他不过是个孩子 |
[34:03] | You told me to frighten him! | 是你让我吓吓他的 |
[34:05] | I’m so sorry, sir, | 我很抱歉 先生 |
[34:06] | I can’t find the contents of the message, it’s already been sent, | 我找不到那封信了 信件已经被送走了 |
[34:09] | but I know who it went to and will gladly be of service. | 但我知道是寄给谁的 很高兴为你效劳 |
[34:13] | I’m not going to hit you! | 我不会揍你的 |
[34:17] | Do you know this person? | 你知道这个人吗 |
[34:25] | Did you change or manipulate these images? | 是你篡改了这些照片吗 |
[34:28] | No! Of course not! I wouldn’t even know how! | 不是 当然不是 我都不知道该怎么做 |
[34:31] | Perhaps you stole the negatives before they were destroyed! | 也许你在底片被毁之前就把它们偷走了 |
[34:34] | Perhaps you had them copied by someone who did know how. | 也许你让知道该怎么做的人复制了一份 |
[34:38] | I don’t understand | 我不明白 |
[34:40] | why are you asking me this? | 你为什么要问我这些 |
[34:41] | – What do you want? – I thought you were psychic? | -你到底想做什么 -你不是灵媒吗 |
[34:44] | This is just one file from many that I found upstairs. | 这是我在楼上许多文件里找到的一份 |
[34:48] | Name of deceased, date and cause of death, | 逝者的名字 死亡日期和死因 |
[34:51] | family members. | 家庭成员 |
[34:52] | She has records on hundreds of people. | 她有几百个人的记录 |
[34:56] | It looks like there are funeral homes, death photographers | 看起来有好几家殡仪馆 亡者摄像师 |
[34:58] | and several mortuaries that gives her tip-offs. | 和停尸间在给她通风报信 |
[35:03] | This one’s from a Ruth McCarthy. | 这是露丝·麦卡锡寄给你的 |
[35:06] | The photographer’s maid. | 摄像师的女佣 |
[35:07] | It’s a list of Henderson’s recent clients | 是亨德森近期的客户名单 |
[35:09] | along with information about the deceased, | 还有逝者的信息 |
[35:11] | some from Henderson’s appointment book, | 一些是从亨德森的预约簿上得知的 |
[35:13] | some just overheard conversation. | 一些是偷听他们对话得知的 |
[35:17] | I can explain. | 我能解释 |
[35:18] | Please do. | 解释吧 |
[35:26] | “May 3rd – | “5月3日 |
[35:28] | Mr. Henderson takes dinner with German undertaker. | 亨德森先生与德国殡仪员共进晚餐 |
[35:31] | Herr Hildegard. | 希尔德加德先生 |
[35:32] | Herr H talks for some considerable time…” | 希先生说了不少话” |
[35:35] | Sounds like him. | 是他会做的事 |
[35:37] | “Herr H mentions female detective | “希先生提到了一位女侦探 |
[35:39] | and tells stories of her father.” | 并说起了她父亲的故事” |
[35:44] | You had a pet frog? | 你养过一只宠物青蛙 |
[35:48] | Look, I admit it – I do collect information | 我承认 我确实在收集信息 |
[35:52] | but I did not send those postcards. | 但我没有寄那些明信片 |
[35:56] | Why would I want to punish my own daughter? | 为什么我要惩罚自己的女儿呢 |
[35:59] | Because you don’t want her to | 因为你不愿意她跟一个 |
[36:00] | be with a man you feel is unsuitable. | 你觉得不合适的男人在一起 |
[36:02] | He’s twenty years unsuitable. | 他比我女儿大了20岁 |
[36:05] | And yes I did encourage Amelia’s belief | 没错 我的确鼓动艾米丽娅相信 |
[36:08] | that those photographs were from Catherine’s ghost. | 那些照片是凯瑟琳的鬼魂寄的 |
[36:11] | I hoped it might part them. | 我希望能拆散他们 |
[36:13] | But that’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[36:15] | Well, if you didn’t send the photographs, then who did? | 如果不是你寄的照片 那是谁 |
[36:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:21] | I swear! | 我发誓 |
[36:30] | She was most convincing. | 她说的很令人信服 |
[36:32] | Well, she lies for a living. | 她以说谎为生 |
[36:34] | Let’s see what she says after a night in a cell. | 看看她在监狱待上一晚之后会怎么说 |
[36:37] | We’ll bring in the maid | 我们会把女佣带回去 |
[36:38] | and a few others on the list, see what they have to say. | 还有名单上的其他人 听听他们的说法 |
[36:41] | In the meantime | 在此期间 |
[36:42] | I’ll update the Hendersons on these latest developments. | 我要将事件的最新进展告诉亨德森一家 |
[36:48] | William… | 威廉 |
[36:51] | Do you believe in ghosts? | 你相信鬼魂的存在吗 |
[36:54] | Of course not. | 当然不信 |
[36:55] | No, nor do I. | 我也不信 |
[36:59] | Sometimes… | 有时候 |
[37:02] | sometimes I feel my father’s presence. | 有时候我能感受到父亲的存在 |
[37:07] | And on occasion I even speak with him. | 偶尔 我甚至会跟他对话 |
[37:12] | Do you now think me quite peculiar? | 你现在是不是觉得我很奇怪 |
[37:15] | Eliza, I’ve always thought you quite peculiar. | 伊莱莎 我一直觉得你很奇怪 |
[37:20] | Duke, message from the Yard. | 公爵 苏格兰场来消息了 |
[37:22] | – Yeah? – That journalist wants to see you. | -什么 -那名记者想要见你 |
[37:25] | He wants to get a sketch of the spiritualist, | 他想要一张灵媒的素描画 |
[37:27] | see if he can get it in the early edition or some… thing. | 看能不能把照片放在早报里什…么的 |
[37:32] | What? | 怎么了 |
[37:40] | I’ll be there shortly. | 我马上就到 |
[37:50] | Journalist? | 记者 |
[37:52] | It’s uh, publicity for the division. | 是为部门做宣传 |
[37:54] | It’s all very standard. | 都是标准流程 |
[37:56] | Well, would you like me call a carriage? | 需要我帮你叫辆马车吗 |
[38:00] | What? | 怎么了 |
[38:02] | He’s just writing about various cases that I’ve been working on. | 他要报道我在跟进的几起案件 |
[38:05] | Including this one by the sounds of it. | 听起来也包括这一起 |
[38:07] | Well, the Henderson case has… has piqued his interest. | 亨德森案件引起了他的兴趣 |
[38:11] | You know what journalists are like, they love sensation. | 你知道记者的 他们都喜欢能引起轰动的案子 |
[38:14] | Were you going to tell him about me? | 你打算跟他提起我吗 |
[38:16] | Yeah, it’s… | 这个嘛 |
[38:19] | That’s a complex situation, Eliza. | 这个情况很复杂 伊莱莎 |
[38:21] | Seems fairly simple to me, William. | 对我来说挺简单的 威廉 |
[38:23] | Once again you wish to take all the credit for yourself. | 又一次 你想把所有的功劳都归为己有 |
[38:25] | I am attempting to improve my position | 我正打算升职 |
[38:28] | but there are obstacles in my path. | 但总是有阻碍 |
[38:29] | There’s a cabal of ex-army officers above me. | 有几个退役军官排在我前头 |
[38:31] | Oh! You’re facing prejudice in your chosen career? | 你在自己选的职业中面临偏见啊 |
[38:35] | What must that be like?! | 那是什么感受呢 |
[38:43] | Why can you not see? | 为什么你就是看不到 |
[38:44] | Why will you not listen to me? | 为什么你不肯听我说 |
[38:53] | I’m sorry to disturb you. | 抱歉打扰你们了 |
[38:55] | I wanted to let you know | 我是来告诉你们 |
[38:56] | that Scotland Yard have arrested Edith Evans | 苏格兰场已经逮捕了伊迪丝·埃文斯 |
[38:59] | on suspicion of sending the photographs. | 怀疑她就是寄照片的人 |
[39:02] | When was this? | 这是什么时候 |
[39:03] | A few hours ago. | 几个小时前 |
[39:04] | She’s being held in custody along with your maid. | 她和你的女佣都被拘留了 |
[39:07] | But it… it cannot be her. | 但是…不可能是她 |
[39:09] | Well, you’ll have to take that up with the Police I’m afraid. | 恐怕你得向警方说明这些了 |
[39:11] | It seems they have once again taken an interest in your case. | 看来他们又对你的案子感兴趣了 |
[39:14] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是这个意思 |
[39:16] | Just before you arrived we found this on the doorstep. | 就在你到之前 我们在门口发现了这个 |
[39:26] | – When exactly? – Not ten minutes ago. | -具体什么时候 -不到十分钟之前 |
[39:34] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了 |
[39:36] | I have a cousin in Southwark, she will put me up for a while. | 我有位表妹在南华克区 她会收留我一段时间 |
[39:40] | Can we at least talk first? | 我们能先谈谈吗 |
[39:42] | I cannot be wed to a man who does not believe or trust me! | 我不能嫁给一个不相信 不信任我的男人 |
[39:47] | Do you know what he said to me? | 你知道他对我说了什么吗 |
[39:49] | He wondered if I was behind this | 他在想是不是我搞的鬼 |
[39:50] | because for some reason I didn’t want to marry him! | 因为出于某种原因 我不想嫁给他了 |
[39:55] | I now see where his suspicion has come from. | 现在我知道他的怀疑是怎么来的了 |
[39:59] | It’s my job to consider all possibilities. | 考虑所有可能性是我的工作 |
[40:02] | I wish to be married, | 我想要结婚 |
[40:04] | to have children, to live a normal life. | 生孩子 过上平凡的生活 |
[40:07] | If you do not, that is your concern, | 如果你不想 那是你的事 |
[40:09] | but do not try to twist the minds of others! | 但不要扭曲他人的想法 |
[40:20] | Mr. Henderson? | 亨德森先生 |
[40:25] | Place him there, gentlemen, and we shall begin. | 将他放在那 先生 然后我们就开始 |
[40:31] | Prop him up and I shall take the photograph. | 把他撑起来 然后我就开始拍照了 |
[40:36] | Hmm, his skin is pale. | 他的皮肤太苍白了 |
[40:38] | Some more rouge I think. | 再给他擦一点胭脂 |
[40:56] | Do you want to play? | 你想玩吗 |
[40:58] | Perhaps later. | 迟点再说吧 |
[41:03] | Where are the photographs, Violet? | 那些照片在哪里 维奥莱特 |
[41:07] | Where do you keep them? | 你把照片放在哪了 |
[41:09] | She told me not to say. | 她让我不要说 |
[41:12] | Who? | 谁 |
[41:14] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[41:19] | Catherine knew about you and Amelia. | 凯瑟琳知道你和艾米丽娅的事 |
[41:23] | Before she died she planned one last act of revenge. | 在她死前 她计划了最终的复仇 |
[41:26] | She told Violet about a game she wanted to play, | 她告诉维奥莱特她想玩一个游戏 |
[41:29] | a game that would take place | 这场游戏 |
[41:30] | as soon as papa and Amelia were to be wed. | 要在爸爸和艾米丽娅要结婚时开始 |
[41:34] | She made the poor girl deliver these letters to you | 凯瑟琳让可怜的孩子将这些信寄给你们 |
[41:36] | without knowing what was in them. | 但她不知道里面是什么 |
[41:39] | Where is she now? | 她现在在哪 |
[41:45] | Please don’t be angry with her, James. | 不要生她的气 詹姆斯 |
[41:54] | My sweet girl. | 我亲爱的女儿 |
[42:01] | It’s alright. | 没事的 |
[42:08] | To which he said | 他是这么说的 |
[42:10] | “It’s a complex situation” | “这个情况很复杂” |
[42:11] | to which I replied “it seems fairly simple to me, William, | 而我答道 “对我来说挺简单的 威廉 |
[42:14] | you wish to take all the credit for yourself!” | 你想把所有的功劳都归为己有” |
[42:17] | Quite. | 没错 |
[42:18] | Yeah, I, I bumped into Herr Hildegard today | 我今天碰见希尔德加德先生了 |
[42:20] | and I, I met his niece, | 还看见了她侄女 |
[42:22] | a rather dull sort of girl. | 一个相当无趣的姑娘 |
[42:24] | And even if William and I were not friends, | 就算威廉和我不是朋友 |
[42:26] | he still gave his word. It’s still a betrayal and uh… | 他依然承诺过 这依然是一种背叛 |
[42:32] | Rupert! | 鲁伯特 |
[42:35] | – Are you listening to me? – Oh, sorry. | -你在听我说话吗 -抱歉 |
[42:38] | A short attention span is the | 注意力不集中 |
[42:40] | curse of being an only child. | 是独生子的诅咒 |
[42:42] | Blame it on my mother for doting on me so. | 都怪我母亲太宠爱我了 |
[42:47] | How is Mrs. Parker? | 帕克太太怎么样了 |
[42:48] | Well, she… | 她… |
[42:50] | She is again urging me to be wed | 她又开始催促我结婚了 |
[42:52] | to continue the Parker family name. | 为了延续帕克家族的血脉 |
[42:56] | If only I could find a wife | 要是我能找到一位妻子 |
[42:57] | who would complement the more complex aspects of my life. | 能够与我生活中更复杂的部分互补就好了 |
[43:04] | Eliza, | 伊莱莎 |
[43:07] | both of our lives, they are unconventional – | 我们俩的生活 都不因循守旧 |
[43:10] | perhaps we might come to some arrangement? | 或许我们可以达成某种协议 |
[43:14] | Rupert, there’s no doubt in my mind | 鲁伯特 我非常坚信 |
[43:15] | that we would make each other extremely unhappy. | 我们会让彼此非常不幸福 |
[43:18] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[43:20] | See, I am not asking you to partake in any kind of intimacy. | 我不是想让你与我进行任何亲密接触 |
[43:23] | I can assure you I can think of nothing worse. | 我向你保证 没有比那更糟糕的了 |
[43:29] | What? | 怎么了 |
[43:33] | Stop it. | 别笑了 |
[43:36] | Come! | 进来 |
[43:41] | Sorry to bother you, sir, I wonder if I… | 很抱歉打扰您 长官 我在想… |
[43:51] | Continue. | 你说 |
[43:53] | It’s about that article, sir, | 是关于文章 长官 |
[43:54] | the one for the Illustrated Police News. | 《警察新闻画刊》的报道 |
[43:58] | No problems I trust? | 我想没问题吧 |
[43:59] | No, sir, quite the opposite. | 没有 长官 正好相反 |
[44:01] | They are going to press tonight | 他们今晚就要印刷了 |
[44:03] | and the serialization will begin in the morning. | 并且明早就发布 |
[44:05] | I have also told them to include mention of you | 我也告诉他们提及您的功劳 |
[44:08] | and the wider efficiency of the department. | 和警局各方的配合支持 |
[44:13] | That’s very good of you. | 你真好心 |
[44:15] | There’s really no need. | 其实没这个必要 |
[44:17] | I look forward to reading it. | 我很期待看到成品 |
[44:20] | Well done Wellington, excellent work. | 干得漂亮 惠灵顿 非常出色 |
[44:28] | Was there something else? | 还有别的事吗 |
[44:31] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[44:32] | You mentioned that you would make a decision | 您之前提到会做个决定 |
[44:34] | about my promotion to Chief Inspector. | 关于我的高级督察升职 |
[44:40] | Did we not speak about it earlier? | 我们之前没说这事吗 |
[44:44] | No, sir. If we had… I would remember it. | 没有 长官 如果说了 我会记得 |
[44:50] | I’m afraid I gave the job to Hudson. | 恐怕我把职位给哈德森了 |
[44:54] | Better luck next time, eh? | 希望下次好运吧 |
[44:57] | Chin up and all that! | 抬起头 挺起胸 |
[45:04] | With all due respect, sir, | 恕我冒昧 长官 |
[45:05] | Hudson has only been with the division for three months. | 哈德森只来了警局三个月 |
[45:09] | He’s been in the army for five years, | 但他参军五年了 |
[45:12] | the Queen’s Own Hussars no less. | 还是女王私人轻骑兵队 |
[45:15] | Yes, well, it’s hardly the same… | 是的 但这根本不同… |
[45:16] | And his father and I were in the Crimea together. | 他父亲和我曾一同征战克里米亚 |
[45:20] | You’ve never seen anyone so calm under fire. | 从未见过在枪炮下如此镇定之人 |
[45:24] | His whole family have ice in their veins. | 他们全家都留着冰冷的血 |
[45:29] | You should meet the mother, terrifying woman. | 你该见见他母亲 可怕的女人 |
[45:45] | Good day Fräulein Scarlet. | 早上好 斯嘉丽小姐 |
[45:47] | Herr Hildegard, Fräulein Hildegard. | 希尔德加德先生 希尔德加德小姐 |
[45:50] | Where are you off to on this fine morning? | 今日天气不错 你们要去哪儿呢 |
[45:52] | Your friend is taking us for a stroll in the park. | 你的朋友要带我们去公园散步 |
[45:55] | My friend? | 我的朋友 |
[45:56] | He came last night to introduce himself. | 他昨晚来登门介绍自己 |
[45:59] | He is so charming. And amusing. | 非常迷人 风趣幽默 |
[46:02] | And handsome. | 玉树临风 |
[46:04] | Impeccable gentleman. | 无与伦比的绅士 |
[46:08] | Ah, here he is. | 他来了 |
[46:13] | Good morning Mr. Parker. | 早上好 帕克先生 |
[46:15] | Good morning Herr Hildegard. | 早上好 希尔德加德先生 |
[46:18] | Miss Scarlet. | 斯嘉丽小姐 |
[46:19] | Mr. Parker. | 帕克先生 |
[46:21] | What a delightful surprise. | 真是个惊喜的意外 |
[46:28] | Guten morgen Fräulein. | 早上好 小姐 |
[46:57] | Apologies. | 抱歉 |
[46:59] | I… I thought you were out. | 我以为你出去了 |
[47:02] | How did you get in here? | 你怎么进来的 |
[47:04] | Henry was always losing his keys so he gave me his space. | 亨利总是弄丢钥匙 所以给了我一把备用 |
[47:09] | In fact this is his second spare – | 其实这是他给的第二把备用钥匙 |
[47:11] | he lost the first. | 第一把丢了 |
[47:18] | What do you want? | 你想干什么 |
[47:20] | I left you a note | 我给你留个言 |
[47:22] | and a present of sorts. | 还有一份礼物 |
[47:25] | I owe you an apology | 我欠你一个道歉 |
[47:28] | and I didn’t want to have an argument. | 我也不想和你争吵 |
[47:30] | Also some things are better written down, | 而且有些话写下来比较好 |
[47:32] | you have a tendency to infuriate me in person | 你总是在我们见面时惹怒我 |
[47:34] | and it makes me lose my train of thought. | 让我很难保持头脑清晰 |
[47:37] | And this is your apology? | 这就是你的道歉吗 |
[47:41] | No. | 不 |
[47:45] | This is. | 这个才是 |
[47:54] | Death and the Maiden – | 死亡和少女 |
[47:56] | female detective cracks case of ghostly terror. | 女侦探破解诡异恐怖案件 |
[48:00] | I got there just as the press was about to roll. | 我正好在他们印刷前赶到报社 |
[48:03] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知该说什么了 |
[48:06] | I… I can’t vouch for the quality of the writing | 我没法保证文章的写作质量 |
[48:08] | but your part in solving the case is mentioned in full, | 但你在此案中的贡献 被一五一十写了出来 |
[48:12] | as is the address of your premises. | 还提及了你事务所的地址 |
[48:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[48:27] | Well, I should… I should go. | 那我 我该走了 |
[48:35] | Uh, shall I leave your spare key? | 要把我备用钥匙留下吗 |
[48:39] | No. Keep it. | 不了 你留着吧 |
[48:42] | Just in case. | 以防万一 |
[49:47] | Inspector Wellington… It’s miss Scarlet… | 威廉督察 是斯嘉丽小姐 |
[49:50] | She’s disappeared. | 她失踪了 |
[49:51] | You will do your duty to me. | 你要替我尽你的职责 |
[49:53] | – And you will find her. – Yes, sir. | -并找到她 -遵命 长官 |
[49:54] | Eliza! | 伊莱莎 |
[49:56] | – Who are you? – I’m a man with the knife. | -你是谁 -我是个有刀的男人 |
[49:58] | Good to meet you. | 幸会 |
[50:00] | I’m a man with a gun. | 我是个有枪的男人 |
[50:02] | How dare you, William?! | 你怎么敢 威廉 |
[50:03] | How dare I came and rescue you?! | 我怎么敢来救你吗 |
[50:05] | I would hardly call this a rescue! | 我可不觉得这算是营救 |
[50:09] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[50:12] | He’s here… | 他来了 |
[50:13] | The thing he’ll do to her… | 他会对她做的事 |
[50:15] | Afraid even thinking about… | 我都不敢想 |