时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Being the new doctor at a hospital can be difficult. | 做个医院的新医生不是件容易事 |
[00:07] | That’s why it’s always nice | 这时候有人相助的话 |
[00:09] | when someone takes the time to reach out and befriend you. | 就好多了 |
[00:10] | Hey, I’m Ron. I’m a new doctor here. | 我是Ron 我是新来的医生 |
[00:12] | Yeah, Ron. The “I don’t care ward” Is down there. | Ron 直走就是”我不在乎”病房 |
[00:15] | Anyway, the person who reached out to Molly was Elliot. | 话说回来 Elliot向Molly伸出了援手 |
[00:19] | Do you wanna go down to Little Tokyo and do karaoke with me tonight? | 你想和我一起去小东京一块唱K吗 |
[00:22] | Do people with trichotillomania can possibly pull their hair out? | 拔毛狂会把自己的头发拔光吗 |
[00:26] | – Do they? – Yeah. | – 会吗 – 会啊 |
[00:28] | Cool. Cos inviting you to karaoke’s kind of a big deal to me. | 那就好 邀请你去唱K这事对我很重要 |
[00:31] | I’m a little shy about my ‘aoke. | 我对自己的唱功没什么自信 |
[00:33] | I’m sure you have nothing to be embarrassed about. | 我觉得你没必要害羞啊 |
[00:35] | I don’t know. I’m pretty tone-deaf. | 我不敢说 我有点五音不全 |
[00:37] | And I do these like kick moves that I don’t think people really get. | 还有我总做些踢腿的动作 没人能理解 |
[00:39] | Plus I sometimes wear a cape. It’s probably all in my head. | 我有时候会围条披肩 可能是我想象出来的 |
[00:43] | It’s not. | 不是想象的 |
[00:45] | Dr Cox, can I ask you something? | Cox医生 我能问你点事吗 |
[00:47] | The answer is “Yes, it was me | 答案是 是的 看见你 |
[00:48] | who saw you doing leg lifts in the gym on that inflatable ball.” | 在健身房坐在健身球上练举腿的人就是我 |
[00:51] | It was quite the display of girl power. | 对于女孩子来说做的真不错了 |
[00:53] | Absolutely loved the leg warmers. | 大爱你戴的的暖腿套 |
[00:55] | First, they were just big socks, OK? | 首先 那只是比较大的袜子 好吗 |
[00:57] | And secondly, if you need to do some aundry, here’s the washboard.Right | 其次 如果你想洗衣服 洗衣板在这了 |
[01:01] | – What do you want? – As co-chief resident, | – 你想怎么着 – 作为一个副主任医师 |
[01:02] | I’ve noticed some of my residents are little overwhelmed. | 我发现我手下的医师有些萎靡 |
[01:05] | I think It’d be nice | 如果你能 |
[01:06] | if you gave ’em one of your patented pep talks. You know? | 来一次动员讲话就太好了 |
[01:09] | I’ll be more than glad to give your residents a little pep talk. | 我非常乐意给你的医师做动员讲话 |
[01:12] | Each and every one of you is going to kill a patient. | 你们每个人迟早都会害死一个病人 |
[01:16] | At some point during your residency, | 在你住院实习期间 |
[01:17] | you will screw up, they will die | 你会搞砸 病人就会死 |
[01:19] | and it will be burned into your conscience forever. | 你这一生都将受到良心的谴责 |
[01:22] | – Hell, take pee pants here. – Pee pants. | – 拿尿裤娃来说吧 – 尿裤娃 |
[01:25] | He just might go ahead and get himself a good clean kill this morning, | 他今早很可能已经干净利落地弄死个病人了 |
[01:28] | seeing as his patient, Miss Sampson, | 因为他的病人 Sampson女士 |
[01:30] | is in DKA | 是糖尿病酮症酸中毒 |
[01:31] | and he hasn’t been tracking her phosphate level. | 可他还没有查她的磷酸酯值 |
[01:33] | Her phosphate level. | 磷酸酯值 |
[01:35] | Doug! Stop writing and go! | Doug 别写了快去啊 |
[01:38] | That young man has killed so many patients, | 那个小伙已经害死太多病人了 |
[01:40] | I’m starting to think he just might be a government operative. | 我开始寻思他没准是个政府派出的特工 |
[01:43] | The point is, the harder you study, | 重点是 你学得越努力 |
[01:46] | the longer you just might be able to hold off that first kill. | 就离你第一次杀人的日子越远 |
[01:49] | Other than that, I guess, cross your fingers | 除此之外 那就祈祷 |
[01:51] | and hope that the guy you murder is a jackass with no family. | 你害死的人是个无家可归的混蛋吧 |
[01:56] | Great to see you kids. All the best. | 看到你们真高兴 祝你们好运 |
[01:59] | Thank you. Thank you, Dr Cox. | 谢谢你 谢谢 Cox医生 |
[02:01] | OK, you guys, pizza and punch in the penthouse. | 好了 大伙 披萨和果汁在顶楼了 |
[02:04] | Doug Doug! | |
[02:07] | Wrong patient. One bed over. | 病人搞错了 是隔壁床的 |
[02:11] | Hey, there. | 嘿 你好啊 |
[02:14] | This is, like, my eleventh slice. | 这 好像 已经是我吃的第11块了 |
[02:16] | Cannonball this. | 糖水炮弹来了 |
[02:20] | That’s the good stuff. | 真是好东西啊 |
[02:21] | So anyway, after Dr Cox scared them, | 在Cox医生吓完了他们之后 |
[02:23] | no one wanted pizza or punch, | 没人想要披萨和果汁了 |
[02:25] | except for Doug, who had worked up a hearty appetite | 除了Doug 在他害的Sampson女士 |
[02:27] | neglecting Miss Sampson into a coma. | 陷入昏迷后还有个好胃口 |
[02:33] | Turk, what is Rowdy doing in my closet? | Turk Rowdy怎么跑我衣柜里去了 |
[02:36] | – He’s guardin’ your shoes baby. – He almost gave me a heart attack. | – 他替你看鞋呢 – 他差点给我吓出心脏病 |
[02:39] | Baby,Could you do me a favour | 宝贝儿 你能不能 |
[02:40] | and not hold him by the haunches? Yeah, he has hip dysplasia. | 不那么抓着他的腰 他髋关节发育不良 |
[02:44] | He’s a purebred. It’s genetic. | 他是只纯种犬 这是遗传病 |
[02:48] | I am sick of that creepy thing. I want him out of my house. | 我受够这玩意了 我要他从我家里消失 |
[02:52] | Isn’t that a shocker? | 为什么我一点也不惊讶呢 |
[02:53] | You don’t care about something important to me. | 你不在乎任何对我来说重要的东西 |
[02:55] | You know what? Why don’t you just throw him out? | 你知道吗 那你干嘛不把他丢出去 |
[02:57] | Don’t listen to him. He’s drunk on cheese. | 别听他的 他起司吃多了撑的 |
[03:00] | Don’t think Rowdy doesn’t know what’s going on here. | 别以为Rowdy不知道这是什么情况 |
[03:03] | What’s he gonna do? | 他能怎么着 |
[03:13] | Easy, boy. She ain’t worth it. | 放松 伙计 她不值得你动怒 |
[03:31] | So,Mrs Carter, it turns out your fever was | Carter女士 你发烧是因为 |
[03:33] | just a reaction to the anesthetic we gave you during your cataract surgery. | 白内障手术中注射的麻醉剂引起的反应 |
[03:36] | – I’m sending you home. – Can I drive my Trans Am? | – 我批准你回家了 – 那我能开敞我的豪车了吗 |
[03:39] | That’s not up to me.Mrs Carter.That’s up to the police | 那我就管不了了 Carter女士 你得问警察 |
[03:41] | and the owner of those horses you killed. | 还有你撞死的那些马的主人 |
[03:43] | They were everywhere. | 他们无处不在啊 |
[03:45] | You were on a racetrack, Mrs Carter. | 你当时在赛马场啊 Carter女士 |
[03:49] | I don’t get why Turk was so upset about Rowdy. | 我不明白Turk干嘛为Rowdy发那么大火 |
[03:50] | He’s just a creepy, stuffed, stupid, yellow, dead dog. | 他只是一条古怪的填充的黄色的傻假狗 |
[03:54] | Too many adjectives? | 太多形容词了 |
[03:56] | I’m sure he’s more than a pet to Turk. | 我想对于Turk来说他不只是一条狗 |
[03:57] | I mean, he’s basically a link to his childhood. | 那可能是他童年的回忆 |
[04:00] | He bought him eight years ago at a garage sale. | 他八年前在旧货摊上买的 |
[04:02] | Then he’s just a Nutter Butter. | 那就是他有问题了 |
[04:04] | Still, I think I really hurt his feelings. | 我还是觉得我伤着他了 |
[04:07] | Maybe you should do something nice for Rowdy, | 也许你可以为Rowdy做点好事 |
[04:09] | like get him cleaned. | 帮他洗个澡 |
[04:19] | Your sign doesn’t say “Live dog groomer.” | 你牌子上又没写 “活狗专属” |
[04:22] | As doctors, we always take patients’ histories, | 作为医生 我们总是询问病人的生活习惯 |
[04:25] | even though there aren’t a lot of surprises. | 尽管其实都大同小异 |
[04:27] | And, Mr Phillips, do you exercise? | Phillips先生 你运动吗 |
[04:29] | Yoga every morning. | 每天早上练瑜伽 |
[04:31] | I can’t do yoga. All that deep breathing. I hate breathing. | 瑜伽我做不来 总是要深呼吸 我讨厌呼吸 |
[04:35] | Except, you know, to live. Do you drink? | 除非 为了不憋死 你喝酒吗 |
[04:38] | Occasional glass of wine with dinner. | 偶尔吃晚饭时喝一杯 |
[04:40] | And any drug use? | 吸过毒吗 |
[04:41] | Been on and off heroin for last eight years. | 断断续续的吸了八年海洛因 |
[04:44] | But I’ve been clean for six months. | 但已经半年没碰过毒品了 |
[04:46] | – See? No track marks. – Way to go, Daddy. | – 看 没有针眼 – 好样的 爹地 |
[04:49] | He’s my biggest fan. | 他是我最大的粉丝 |
[04:54] | – Do you smoke cigarettes? – No way. | – 你抽烟吗 – 不抽 |
[04:57] | Of course not. Those things’ll kill ya. | 当然不了哈 尼古丁害死人呐 |
[05:02] | Mr Daniels, some fluid has gathered near your heart. | Daniels先生 你心脏周围有积水 |
[05:04] | So I’m gonna schedule a pericardiocentesis | 我会给你安排个心包穿刺术 |
[05:06] | and drain it with a needle. | 然后用针头把它吸出来 |
[05:08] | Someone’s gonna stick a needle in my chest? | 有人要往我的胸里插个针头 |
[05:09] | Not just someone. Dr Da Man. | 不是随便找个人 是Da Man医生 |
[05:12] | Who’s Dr Da Man? | Da Man医生是谁 |
[05:13] | Say it without the doctor. | 不带医生说一次 |
[05:16] | – Who’s Mr Da Man? – No, just say the last name. | – 谁是Da Man先生 – 不要带先生 |
[05:18] | – Who’s Da Man? – I’m da man! | – 谁是Da Man – 我就是那个人 |
[05:21] | That was awesome. That was fun doing that with you. | 太棒了 和你玩这个梗真有趣 |
[05:24] | Alright, now that you’ve got his confidence, drive it home. | 既然你已经得到他的信任了 撤吧 |
[05:27] | So I’ll go ahead and schedule the procedure. | 我会给你安排手术的 |
[05:29] | – If you think it’s the right thing to do. – I do. | – 你觉得行就行 – 没问题 |
[05:31] | Dr Cox! | Cox医生 |
[05:32] | I wanna thank you for that “Everyone’s a murderer” Speech. | 谢谢你”每个人都是凶手”的演讲 |
[05:34] | Nice scare tactic. | 吓唬得好 |
[05:35] | Unfortunately, my residents have stopped eating. | 但是吧 我的住院医们都绝食了 |
[05:38] | That wasn’t a scare tactic. | 我没吓唬他们 |
[05:40] | Eventually, everyone commits a sin of omission | 最终 每个人都会因为 |
[05:41] | or doesn’t act quickly enough, and somebody kicks the bucket. | 疏忽或者反应迟钝 害死某个病人 |
[05:44] | It’s really not a question of “If”. It’s a question of “When”. | 这种事终会发生 只是时间问题 |
[05:49] | It’s strange. | 很奇怪 |
[05:50] | Even though a lot of patients have died under my care, | 尽管在我看护之下很多病人死了 |
[05:52] | I don’t think I’ve killed any of them. | 但我不觉得是我害他们死的 |
[06:00] | – Heaven’s a diner? – Get anything you want, dear. | – 天堂是个餐厅 – 想吃什么随便拿 亲爱的 |
[06:03] | – Maybe I’ll have flapjacks. – They don’t have those. | – 我想吃点薄煎饼 – 这没有薄煎饼 |
[06:06] | No flapjacks in heaven? | 天堂竟然没有薄煎饼 |
[06:08] | Are flapjacks evil? | 是因为它邪恶得该下地狱吗 |
[06:10] | Don’t worry about it. Listen, dead people, | 别管那个了 听好了 死去的人们 |
[06:12] | do any of you feel that I may have, you know, killed you? | 你们中有没有人觉得是我害死了你们 |
[06:17] | No. | 没 |
[06:18] | I mean, you weren’t a great doctor. | 你确实不是个出色的医生 |
[06:20] | – He was nervous. – Oh, like a little bird. | – 他很紧张 – 像只吓坏的鸟 |
[06:22] | But no, dear, you didn’t kill any of us. | 但是 没 亲爱的 你没害死我们 |
[06:27] | You know what? I left my wallet back on Earth. | 你猜怎么着 我钱包落在地球上了 |
[06:33] | Suckers. | 傻眼了吧 |
[06:38] | Heard you’re tryin’ to clean a dead dog. | 听说你要给一条标本狗洗澡 |
[06:40] | – Yeah? Who told you that? – The wind. | – 你听谁说的 – 风儿 |
[06:43] | Blonde doctor. | 金发医生 |
[06:45] | – I can clean it for you. – Why would you do that? | – 我可以帮你 – 为什么要帮我 |
[06:47] | I don’t know. I’m still a little drunk from breakfast. | 我不知道 我早餐有点喝多了 |
[06:51] | Plus, taxidermy used to be kinda a hobby of mine, you know, | 另外 制作动物标本是我的一项爱好 |
[06:55] | till the state took my license away. | 直到政府剥夺了我的执照 |
[06:57] | How come? | 为什么 |
[06:58] | What happened to all the cute little squirrels, Flo? | 那些可爱的小松鼠都去哪了 Flo |
[07:05] | Let’s call this meeting to order. | 我宣布会议开始 |
[07:06] | First things first, | 第一件事 |
[07:07] | I counted the ballots and someone voted twice. | 我清点了选票发现有人投了两次 |
[07:11] | Interesting. I’m not pointing fingers. Roy. | 有意思 我不是针对你 Roy |
[07:14] | There were never any squirrels. | 这里不会再有松鼠了 |
[07:18] | Turk I’ve got this patient | Turk 我手头有个病人 |
[07:20] | who’s got a damaged heart valve and needs a replacement. | 心脏瓣膜损坏需要置换心脏 |
[07:22] | Is he a good candidate for surgery? | 他是手术的最佳候选人吗 |
[07:23] | Definitely. Thirty-five, married, | 当然 35岁 已婚 |
[07:25] | good job, cute little boy, great dog. | 工作好 有个可爱的儿子 还有条狗 |
[07:28] | Can’t remember what kind they said. | 不记得是什么品种了 |
[07:30] | Long time recovering heroin addict. Bulldog. That’s what it was. | 很久以前海洛因成瘾 斗牛犬 想起来了 |
[07:33] | Named Paris after the city, not the slutty socialite tramp. | 因巴黎而起名帕里斯 不是为了某个交际花 |
[07:36] | He’s a heroin addict? | 他有毒瘾 |
[07:38] | But he’s like super-serious about his sobriety. | 但是他对戒毒很认真的 |
[07:40] | He’s been to rehab six times. | 他进过6次戒毒所 |
[07:41] | Sounds like he needs to dial it up to super-duper-serious. | 听上去他得要非常特别认真才行啊 |
[07:44] | – I’ll tell him. – Look, Elliot, | – 我去通知他 – 听着 Elliot |
[07:46] | you know the chief of surgery | 你知道外科主任 |
[07:47] | isn’t gonna accept the surgical risk of a valve replacement | 不可能冒着瓣膜被瘾君子毁掉的风险 |
[07:49] | on someone who’s gonna destroy it with drugs. | 给他做手术的 |
[07:58] | – Want some of my pancakes? – Devil cakes? No, thank you. | – 想吃我的煎饼吗 – 恶魔煎饼吗 我可不要 |
[08:02] | Do you know that Dr Cox is trying to convince me | 你知道Cox医生跟我说 |
[08:05] | that everyone eventually kills a patient. | 每个人最终都会害死个病人吗 |
[08:07] | – But I haven’t. I know you haven’t. – Hell, yeah, I have. | – 我就没有过啊 你也没有 – 我当然有过 |
[08:10] | Remember my first year, Mr Quinn? | 记得我的第一年吗 Quinn先生 |
[08:12] | I forgot to write the order for his albumin drip | 我忘记给他开白蛋白点滴了 |
[08:15] | and he haemorrhaged and died. | 结果他大出血死了 |
[08:18] | You want your doughnut? | 你的甜甜圈还吃吗 |
[08:20] | And it turned out Turk wasn’t the only one. | 结果不是只有Turk害死过病人 |
[08:24] | Mrs Kahn, my second year. | Kahn女士 我的第二年 |
[08:28] | Mrs Studebaker, | Studebaker女士 |
[08:29] | 40 minutes into my first day. | 我第一天刚上了40分钟班的时候 |
[08:31] | I’ve been a doctor for 30 years. What do you think? | 我都当了30年的医生了 你觉得呢 |
[08:34] | On my third day, there was Mr Kershnar. | 上班第三天 Kershnar先生 |
[08:36] | Jenny Roth about eight weeks ago. | 八周前的Jenny Roth |
[08:38] | It was really tough because she was hot. | 我难以接受 因为她特别性感 |
[08:41] | Then later that third day… | 上班第三天晚些时候 |
[08:45] | Oh, boy. That can’t be good. | 噢 天呐 要出事了 |
[08:47] | No, Newbie, I have not killed. | 不 菜鸟 我没害死过人 |
[08:49] | But I happen to be, as always, | 但我恰好 跟以前一样 |
[08:51] | the exception that proves the rule. | 是用来证明这条定律的例外 |
[08:53] | So right about now, you gotta be asking yourself, | 所以现在 你该问问自己 |
[08:55] | do you think you’re that good? | 你真觉得自己那么牛逼吗 |
[09:01] | Oh, my God. I’m gonna kill someone. | 噢 天呐 我将会害死个人 |
[09:05] | Anyway,because of heroin use, | 不论如何 因为吸食海洛因的历史 |
[09:07] | Surgery doesn’t wanna give Mr Phillips a heart valve. | 外科不想给Phillips先生换瓣膜 |
[09:08] | So now an ethics committee is gonna decide if he gets the operation or not. | 道德委员会将决定他能不能接受手术 |
[09:11] | I’m freakin’ out, because I’ve gotta argue his case. | 我抓狂了 因为我得替他争取 |
[09:14] | Oh my God. Is it already 2.00? | 天呐 已经两点了吗 |
[09:15] | Oh,relax.That’s Greenland time. | 噢 没事 那是格陵兰时间 |
[09:17] | This way I’ll remember to call my mom | 这样我才会记得在我妈 |
[09:18] | on her vacation before she goes on the boat. | 上船度假之前给她打电话 |
[09:20] | The boat? | 上船 |
[09:21] | Yes. She’s been sleeping with a commercial salmon fisherman. | 她最近在和一个卖鲑鱼的交往 |
[09:25] | How fun for her. | 真有她的 |
[09:26] | Look, I’ve dealt with a lot of ethics committees.And you’re gonna be great. | 我和道德委员会打过交道 你一定没问题的 |
[09:28] | – The key is to be confident. – Well, I’m not. | – 只要你保持自信就行了 – 我不自信 |
[09:32] | I’ll tell you what. I’ll go with you for moral support. | 这样吧 我陪你去给你精神上的支持 |
[09:35] | If things get dicey cos it’s a bunch of stuffed shirts, | 如果事情变得很棘手 反正就是一班伪君子 |
[09:37] | then we can make out.And they’ll give you what you want. | 咱俩就亲热 这样一来他们什么都会答应 |
[09:41] | What? I thought I heard something. | 什么 我好像听见什么了 |
[09:43] | Goodbye, Todd. | 好走不送 Todd |
[09:46] | Back to the transplant. | 回去做移植手术 |
[09:48] | So who’s even on an ethics committee? | 道德委员会都是些什么人啊 |
[09:50] | Obviously higher-ups. | 都是些大人物吧 |
[09:53] | The chief of medicine, | 有院长 |
[09:55] | a sharp legal mind | 有律政狂鲨 |
[09:58] | and an older doctor with a wealth of experience. | 还有个经验丰富的老医生 |
[10:01] | If Edwards is dead, I want his cupcake. | 如果Edwards咽气了 他的纸杯蛋糕归我 |
[10:05] | Not yet. | 还差点 |
[10:15] | As I was contemplating how easy it would be | 正当我纠结害死一个人 |
[10:17] | to make my first fatal mistake, | 是多么容易的时候 |
[10:18] | I had a feeling Mr Daniels felt good about this procedure. | 我发现Daniels先生对手术很有信心 |
[10:21] | You know I feel good about this procedure. | 我感觉这次手术没问题 |
[10:22] | See? Still we all end up leaning on certain cliches | 看见没 在做出一些重大决定时 |
[10:26] | when making major decisions. | 我们都会依赖一些俗语 |
[10:27] | Like “Don’t jump off a bridge if you don’t know how deep the water is. “ | 比如”欲纵身跳桥 须知河深浅” |
[10:30] | This procedure’s too risky now.Mr Daniels.I think we should wait. | 这个手术风险太大 我们应该再等等 |
[10:35] | And of course, the classic: | 当然 还有最经典的 |
[10:37] | “No matter how clean the janitor gets your husband dead dog, | “不论清洁工把你的标本狗洗的多干净 |
[10:39] | you still need to put him in the trunk | 你都该把它放进后备箱 |
[10:40] | and not accidentally leave him on the roof when you drive off. “ | 而不是车顶上” |
[10:47] | And finally the lesser known, | 最后少为人知的是 |
[10:49] | “You can accomplish anything with a friend by your side. “ | “朋友在身边你便可以战胜一切” |
[10:52] | I understand that because of his drug problem | 我理解 因为Phillips先生的 |
[10:54] | some of you don’t think Mr Phillips is a good candidate for surgery, | 吸毒史你们觉得他不是最佳候选人 |
[10:57] | but believe me he understands that this heart valve is a responsibility. | 但请相信我 他会为置换的瓣膜负起责任的 |
[11:00] | Those of you who have met him, like Ted, can attest to this. | 你们之中见过他的 比如Ted 能证明这一点 |
[11:04] | This is a very dicey case. Ted, what do you think? | 这个情况确实很棘手 Ted 你怎么看 |
[11:07] | She knows my name. Whatever she wants. | 她知道我叫什么 她说什么就是什么 |
[11:09] | Very ethical. Why don’t I open the floor | 真有道德 我为什么不找些 |
[11:11] | to those people who currently do not have erections? | 不用下半身思考的人来呢 |
[11:14] | Dr Clock.You think this guy’ll stay clean? | Clock医生 你觉得这位病人已经戒干净了吗 |
[11:16] | I’m here as a friend. I think you should ask Ted again. | 我是以朋友的身份来的 你应该再问问Ted |
[11:19] | Oh, good God, she knows it too. Am I awake? | 噢 天呐 她也知道我名字 我是不是在做梦 |
[11:23] | Dr Clock, Edwards here is, at best, | Clock医生 如你所见 Edwards医生 |
[11:26] | just a few minutes away from walking towards the light. | 也就剩下那么几分钟可活了 |
[11:29] | So, what say you stop wasting our time | 所以 你就别浪费时间了 |
[11:31] | and give me your professional opinion? | 说说你的专业意见吧 |
[11:34] | Of course, sometimes, friends will surprise you. | 当然 有时候 朋友也会给你惊喜 |
[11:37] | Mr Phillips’ numerous relapses | Phillips先生反复戒毒的经历 |
[11:39] | paint the picture of someone who has not overcome his addiction. | 证明了他没有完全克服自己的毒瘾 |
[11:41] | So no, I don’t think he will. | 所以 不 我觉得他不会戒干净 |
[11:45] | Karaoke’s so off. | 唱K活动取消了 |
[11:50] | Look, I know you’re mad. | 我知道你生我的气 |
[11:52] | Why? Because you betrayed me? Betrayer. | 为什么 因为你背叛我了吗 叛徒 |
[11:54] | I’m sorry.When they asked for my professional opinion, I had to give it. | 对不起 他们问我的专业意见 我只能实话实说 |
[11:57] | I don’t know.If you were a real friend, | 我不知道 如果你是个真正的朋友 |
[11:58] | you could’ve lied, keep your mouth shut, made out with me. | 你可以选择撒谎 可以闭嘴 可以和我亲热 |
[12:01] | Any of the stuff we talked about. | 就像咱俩之前商量的那样 |
[12:03] | – Did I just hear? – Todd! | – 我刚听见什么了 – Todd |
[12:06] | Look I really wanna work this out. | 我真希望咱俩能把话说开 |
[12:07] | But I have to see this schizophrenic patient. It’s already 6.00. | 但是我得去见我的精神病患者 已经6点了 |
[12:10] | No, Molly, it’s 3.00. | 不 Molly 现在是3点 |
[12:11] | You’re still on stupid Greenland time. | 你看的还是该死的格陵兰时间 |
[12:14] | Shoot. I forgot to call my mom and Yergi. | 糟了 忘了给我妈和Yergi打电话了 |
[12:18] | I know I bailed on Mr Daniels, | 我知道我失约于Daniels先生了 |
[12:20] | but the whole having not killed thing got in my head. | 但是没害死过病人这件事在我脑中挥之不去 |
[12:23] | – Still, no one will notice. – Ah, Kiki Dee. | – 没事 反正没人知道 – Kiki Dee |
[12:26] | I heard Mr Daniels isn’t getting his pericardiocentesis. | 我听说Daniels先生的心包穿刺术取消了 |
[12:29] | Since when? | 什么时候的事呢 |
[12:30] | You’re gonna lie. Don’t be specific. | 你得撒谎瞒过去 别说的太具体 |
[12:31] | Since 1.42 yesterday afternoon. His wife didn not want him to do it. | 昨天下午1点42的时候 她妻子不想让他手术 |
[12:34] | She’s beautiful.By the way. One green eye, one blue. | 她真漂亮 一只眼睛是绿的 另一只是蓝的 |
[12:37] | She’s from luxembourg. | 她是卢森堡来的 |
[12:38] | They’re both from Luxembourg. I believe they’re Luxembourgian. | 他俩都是那里来的 我想他俩是卢森堡人 |
[12:41] | Where in Luxembourg? I spent two weeks there. | 卢森堡的哪里 我在那呆过两周 |
[12:43] | What are the odds? Just stay vague. | 我怎么这么背 别说那么详细吧 |
[12:46] | Outside Mertert near the German border. | 梅尔泰特外边离德国边境线不远 |
[12:49] | They say what they miss most | 他们说他们最想念的就是 |
[12:50] | are those lazy summer afternoons on the Moselle River. | 在摩泽尔河边度过的那些慵懒下午了 |
[12:52] | You are channelling that seventh grade book report. | 你真是活学活用了你7年级的读书报告啊 |
[12:54] | OK, then. | 那好吧 |
[12:56] | Bullet dodged. He totally bought it. | 总算躲过一劫 他真信了 |
[12:58] | Hey. Where’s he taking me? | 他这是带我去哪 |
[13:00] | Mr Daniels, we have rethought things | Daniels先生 我们重新考虑了下 |
[13:02] | and decided you should have that procedure. | 你还是得做手术 |
[13:04] | Ok. | 好的 |
[13:06] | That took quite a bit of cajoling, | 劝他费了不少力气呢 |
[13:08] | but I think I was able to convince him. | 但我想他已经被说服了 |
[13:10] | That’s OK. Cos I wasn’t the only one lying around here. | 没关系 反正我不是这里唯一一个撒谎的 |
[13:13] | Hey, baby, I’m gonna head home | 嘿 宝贝儿 我准备回家 |
[13:15] | and watch some television with Rowdy. | 和Rowdy一块儿看会电视 |
[13:17] | Rowdy? No! You shouldn’t go home. | Rowdy 不 你不能回家 |
[13:20] | – Why? – I need you to go somewhere for me. | – 为什么 – 我需要你替我去个地方 |
[13:24] | I want you to go to a strip club. | 我想你去趟脱衣舞俱乐部 |
[13:27] | Ok. | 没问题 |
[13:30] | Turk, can I talk to you for a second? | Turk 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[13:31] | Can’t talk now. Good stuff’s happenin’. | 忙着呐 没空 天上掉馅饼了 |
[13:34] | – Can I talk to you for a second? – Don’t care. | – 能我和谈谈么 – 一边去 |
[13:37] | Where? Where am I gonna find a dead, stuffed yellow lab? | 怎么办 我上哪去找那条该死的标本狗 |
[13:40] | – I can help. – No, you have work to do. | – 我能帮你 – 不行 你还得上班呢 |
[13:46] | Let’s go. | 咱们走 |
[13:52] | – No! – OK. | – 不行 – 好吧 |
[13:55] | I just needed to know where the line was. | 我只想知道你的最低标准什么样 |
[14:02] | Well, hello. | 你好啊 |
[14:05] | Wrong place, wrong time, little buddy. | 时间地点都不走运啊 小家伙 |
[14:12] | Fellas, I’d like you all to meet Kyle. | 伙计们 来见见Kyle |
[14:16] | Welcome him. Treat him as a brother. | 欢迎他 好好待他 |
[14:19] | You’ll enjoy it here. Any complaints, go to Dwayne. | 你会爱上这的 有不满意的就找Dwayne |
[14:23] | What do we got on the table? Greg, may I run the meeting? | 还有什么没解决的 Greg 我能主持会议吗 |
[14:26] | Is that cool? OK. | 没问题吧 好的 |
[14:29] | Well, I guess I was a little more persuasive than I thought. | 看来我比我自己想象的更有说服力 |
[14:32] | You got the heart valve! | 你得到心脏瓣膜了 |
[14:33] | Oh, that’s amazing. We have to celebrate. | 噢 太棒了 我们得庆祝一下 |
[14:37] | – How do you celebrate without heroin? – With cake, mostly. | – 没有海洛因怎么庆祝 – 一般都用蛋糕 |
[14:40] | Then let’s score some cake. | 那就弄点蛋糕来 |
[14:42] | And Mr Phillips, part of the deal here is | 还有Phillips先生 条件是 |
[14:43] | you’ll come back the next six weeks for drug rehab. | 你得保证手术后回来戒毒6个星期 |
[14:45] | Absolutely. Not a problem. I’m real good at rehab. | 好的 没问题 戒毒是我的强项 |
[14:50] | But after that, I’m gonna move my family down to Florida. | 但手术结束后 我全家就要搬去佛罗里达州 |
[14:52] | – Start fresh. You know.- Yeah. | – 重新开始 你懂的 – 嗯 |
[14:54] | Hey. Did somebody page me? | 嘿 你呼我了吗 抱歉 |
[14:56] | I’m sorry I took so long. I was just eating lunch. | 用了这么久才过来 我刚刚在吃午饭 |
[14:57] | Of course.You are. It’s 8.30 in the morning. | 当然了 现在是早上8点半 |
[15:00] | Just want to let you know that the committee voted in my favour. | 只是想告诉你道德委员会通过了我的请求 |
[15:03] | – Congratulations. – Thank you. | – 恭喜你了 – 谢谢 |
[15:05] | – I was congratulating Dean. – Why? | – 我在恭喜Dean – 为什么 |
[15:07] | He got a new heart valve. | 他得到了新的心脏瓣膜 |
[15:09] | Right. She voted against you. | 对了 她投的反对票 |
[15:11] | Can I talk to you outside? | 能出去和我谈谈吗 |
[15:14] | Did you just page me so you could rub my face in this? | 你把我叫来就是为了显摆你赢了吗 |
[15:16] | Yes. There’s also a couple of messages on your home machine. | 是的 你家里的答录机上也有一堆留言 |
[15:19] | Look, Elliot.I hope I’m wrong, and I hope he stays clean. | Elliot 我希望我错了 希望他戒干净了 |
[15:22] | Just not make this personal, ok? | 别把这事弄成私人恩怨行吗 |
[15:23] | Said the loser who lost. | 失败者才会这么说 |
[15:26] | Don’t push me. Cause one of the reasons I became a therapist | 别逼我 我成为心理医生的一个原因 |
[15:28] | is I’ve always been able to zero in on a person’s greatest insecurity. | 就是我总能戳中一个人最大的不安 |
[15:31] | I’m real scared, Molly. Whatcha gonna do? | 我好怕怕呀 Molly 你能怎么着 |
[15:34] | Eyebrows. | 眉毛 |
[15:38] | Eyebrows? Like that’s gonna make you… | 眉毛 好像你眉毛怎么地了似的 |
[15:42] | Elliot, come on. You can’t be that insecure. | Elliot 不是吧 你不能这么缺乏安全感吧 |
[15:45] | Giant Adam’s apple. | 巨大的喉结 |
[15:50] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[15:51] | Elliot’s comment didn’t bother me | Elliot的恶评并没有困扰我 |
[15:53] | cos I’m proud of the body God gave me. | 因为我的身材我骄傲 |
[15:56] | Besides, I had bigger problems. | 另外 我有着更大的问题 |
[15:57] | I had to do Mr Daniels’procedure. | 我必须给Daniels先生做手术 |
[15:59] | Luckily, I’m a professional, and professionals finish the job. | 幸运的是 我很专业 专业的医生会完成自己的工作 |
[16:03] | This needle is too sticky. I’m out. | 这针头太黏了 我不做了 |
[16:06] | Get it together, Laverne. | 上点心啊 Laverne |
[16:09] | Hey, Peggy. Yes, I noticed the turtleneck choice in August | 嘿 Peggy 是的 我注意到你在 |
[16:12] | and can only assume it’s something to do | 八月份里穿着高领毛衫 |
[16:14] | with that grapefruit you store in your trachea. | 估计是想把喉结遮起来吧 |
[16:17] | Let me put your mind at ease. You’ve killed before. | 我帮你减减压吧 你已经害死过人了 |
[16:21] | Who? | 谁 |
[16:22] | Do you remember Mrs Carter? | 你还记得Carter女士吗 |
[16:25] | OK, bye-bye. | 好了 拜拜 |
[16:30] | – She died? – Three days ago of endocarditis. | – 她死了 – 三天前死于心内膜炎 |
[16:33] | You didn’t get blood cultures and you missed it. You happy? | 你忘做血液培养了所以没及时发现 满意了吗 |
[16:37] | The weird thing was that I was a little happy. | 奇怪的是我居然真的有点小窃喜 |
[16:40] | – Sticky needle, please. – Here you go, Doctor. | – 请给我粘手的针头 – 给你 医生 |
[16:43] | By the way, when this is over, I’m kickin’ your arse. | 顺便说一句 等这手术完了 我会收拾你的 |
[16:50] | Where’s your husband? | 你老公呢 |
[16:57] | He isn’t here. | 他不在这 |
[17:00] | Ruff ruff. | 汪汪 |
[17:02] | You found Rowdy? | 你找到Rowdy了 |
[17:04] | No, not Rowdy. This is Steven. | 不 不是Rowdy 这是Steven |
[17:06] | Rowdy was 48 inches from snout to tail. | Rowdy从鼻子到尾巴长48英寸 |
[17:08] | Steven’s only 46 on a good day. | Steven最好记录也才46英寸 |
[17:11] | I think we’re OK. | 我觉得它就行了 |
[17:13] | I got him off another taxidermy guy on the Internet. | 我从网上另外一个标本家那搞来的 |
[17:15] | Had to trade him my squirrel army. | 用我的松鼠大军换的 |
[17:17] | Oh, I’m sorry you had to do that. But thank you. | 真抱歉你牺牲了这么多 但是非常感谢 |
[17:20] | Nah, everyone thinks squirrel armies are so great. | 大家都觉得松鼠大军很帅气 |
[17:24] | I’m not sure it’s the healthiest habit in the world. | 但我觉得这个爱好不健康 |
[17:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:29] | He likes the park. | 他喜欢逛公园 |
[17:31] | Let it go. OK. | 松手 好了 |
[17:36] | It smells like Rowdy. | 他闻着好像Rowdy |
[17:38] | He’s Steven. | 他叫Steven |
[17:42] | Killing Mrs Carter, though admittedly bad for her, | 害死了Carter女士 尽管对她来说很不幸 |
[17:44] | was just the pick-me-up I needed. | 却很大程度上激励了我 |
[17:47] | I don’t know how my car ended up in the community pool. | 我都不知道我的车怎么跑到社区泳池里面去的 |
[17:50] | You must have lost control after you went through the snack bar. | 你肯定是在经过快餐店后失控了 |
[17:54] | Mrs Carter? | Carter女士 |
[17:57] | Did I trick Newbie? I did, didn’t I? | 我骗了菜鸟 我骗了 是不是 |
[18:01] | And now, of course, he has to live in fear of when he will kill. | 现在 他又要开始担心他什么时候会害死人呢 |
[18:04] | When, when, when, when? | 什么时候 什么时候 什么时候呢 |
[18:05] | You know what? I don’t appreciate lying. | 知道吗 我不喜欢被骗 |
[18:06] | Come on.I know you’re scared, | 少来 我知道你害怕了 |
[18:08] | and a lot of times you feel like | 而且很多时候你感觉 |
[18:09] | a little girl in a big gal’s body. | 自己的外壳下是颗敏感的少女之心 |
[18:11] | But here’s the dirty little secret: Fear is good. | 但是告诉你个小秘密吧 害怕是件好事 |
[18:15] | It keeps you from becoming a crappy doctor. | 它会促使你成为一名更好的医生 |
[18:18] | The trick is, you can’t let it paralyse you. | 重点是 你不能因为害怕而止步不前 |
[18:20] | But don’t you worry about a thing there, | 但是你不用担心 |
[18:22] | Newbie. You’re a sure thing to get a kill. | 菜鸟 你早晚会害死人的 |
[18:23] | In fact, should be any day now. | 事实上 可能是现在起的任何一天 |
[18:26] | One of the hardest things arouund here is | 在这里最难的一件事就是 |
[18:27] | sometimes you don’t get to know how things end. | 你不知道事情会如何收场 |
[18:36] | – What are you doin’? – Just waitin’ for Mr Phillips. | – 你干嘛呢 – 等Phillips先生 |
[18:41] | He showed up for the first couple days. | 他开始的几天都来了 |
[18:42] | But he’s missed his last three rehab appointments. | 但是他已经失约了3次了 |
[18:47] | I’ll wait with you. | 我陪你等 |
[18:49] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:51] | I got my eyebrows waxed. | 我去修眉毛了 |
[18:53] | They look really good. | 看上去真不错 |
[18:58] | Whether it’s wondering if your husband will realise | 不论是担心你的老公会不会发现 |
[19:00] | you replaced his dead dog with a shorter replica… | 他的标本狗被替换了 |
[19:05] | … or wondering when and if you’re gonna kill that first person. | 还是担心什么时候会害死第一个病人 |
[19:09] | Okay.Everybody, watch closely. | 好了 大伙 看仔细了 |
[19:10] | Because if you’re not careful, you can cause a pneumothorax. | 如果你不够小心 就会导致气胸 |
[19:17] | Ultimately, it’ll drive you crazy | 最终 你会被逼疯 |
[19:19] | if you don’t have a friend to help you through it. | 如果没有朋友伴着你走过去的话 |
[19:21] | You know he might’ve gone to Florida early. | 也许他提前搬去佛罗里达州了 |
[19:23] | Maybe he’s going to a hospital down there. | 没准他转去那里的医院了 |
[19:25] | – Do you think? – I don’t know. Maybe. | – 你这么觉得吗 – 我不知道 也许吧 |
[19:50] | OK, there is no way I’m following that guy. | 我绝对不会接着那哥们唱下一首的 |
[19:52] | I don’t even have my cape. | 我都没带我的披肩来 |