时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | There’s no easy way to break up. | 分手不是轻而易举的事 宋飞正四传 第季 第10集 “处女” |
[00:05] | When you start dating, they ought to give you… | 当你谈恋爱时,他们应当给你… |
[00:07] | …”Get out of Relationship Free” cards. | …“轻轻松松结束感情卡” |
[00:09] | You know what I mean? So you could just go up to the person… | 知道什么意思吗? 这样你就可以走过去给那人说… |
[00:12] | …and go, “Here you go. I’m sorry. | …给你,抱歉 |
[00:14] | I’ll grab the tennis racket. Don’t even bother to get up. | 我继续打网球了 没事,不用站起来送我 |
[00:17] | Have a good one. Sorry.” | 祝你再找个好的,抱歉 |
[00:19] | Which is fine, unless the person you’re in the relationship with… | 这样挺好,除非对方… |
[00:22] | …has a “Eight More Months of Guilt, Torture and Pain” card. | …有一张“多加8个月的内疚,折磨和痛苦卡” |
[00:26] | “Hold it. I got a little something for you.” | “等一下,拿着,我有个小东西给你” |
[00:34] | – We’re dead. – We’re not dead. | – 我们死定了 – 我们没有 |
[00:36] | – We are dead. – Come on. | – 没戏了 – 拜托 |
[00:37] | We got all day tomorrow to think of a story. | 我们有明天一整天的时间来编故事 |
[00:39] | All day tomorrow? We had a month to come up with something. | 明天一天? 本来有一个月时间的时间去构思 |
[00:42] | We didn’t do anything. | 可我们什么都没做 |
[00:44] | So we’ll do it tomorrow. | 明天做 |
[00:46] | Let me ask you: when’s the last time you went skiing? | 我问你:你上次去滑雪是啥时候? |
[00:49] | About six years ago. | 大概6年前 |
[00:51] | I think you can take the lift ticket off your jacket now. | 现在你可以把缆车票从夹克上拿掉了 |
[00:55] | Women like skiers. | 女人喜欢滑雪者 |
[00:57] | So what? You can’t meet anybody. You’re with Susan. | 那又怎么样?你也没遇到个上心的 还不是和苏珊在一起 |
[01:01] | Yeah. Right. | 对,也是 |
[01:04] | See those two women over there? | 看见那边的两个美女了吗? |
[01:05] | I almost dated the one on the right. She’s in the closet business. | 我差点和右边那个约会 她做壁橱生意的 |
[01:09] | Closet business? | 壁橱生意? |
[01:11] | – What’s the closet business? – What is it your business? | – 什么是壁橱生意? – 跟你有什么关系? |
[01:14] | – I’m interested. – She reorganizes your closet… | – 我感兴趣 – 她重新设计你的壁橱… |
[01:17] | …and shows you how to maximize your closet space. | … 教你如何最大限度利用壁橱空间 |
[01:21] | She looked into my closet. | 她仔细看过我的壁橱 |
[01:22] | You thought she was good-looking. This was a way to meet her. | 你觉得她很漂亮 这也是接近他的方法 |
[01:26] | – Yeah. | – Yeah. So, what happened? – 没错 – 那么,下文如何? |
[01:28] | She mentioned she had a boyfriend. Then it hit me: | 然后她提起他男友,这提醒了我: |
[01:31] | What do I need more closet space for? | 我要那么多壁橱空间有啥用? |
[01:35] | – Hi, Marla. – Jerry. | – 嗨,玛勒 – 杰瑞 |
[01:37] | – George, Marla. – Marla. | – 乔治,这是玛勒 – 玛勒 |
[01:39] | George. Jerry, Stacy. | 乔治,杰瑞,那位是史坦西 |
[01:41] | – Stacy. George, Stacy. – Jerry. | – 史坦西,乔治,史坦西 |
[01:42] | – Stacy. – George. | – 史坦西 – 乔治 |
[01:46] | George. | 乔治 |
[01:48] | Jerry, Marla. Stacy. | 杰瑞,玛勒,史坦西 |
[01:54] | – So, how was your trip to Berlin? – Trip to Berlin? | – 你的柏林之行感觉如何? – 柏林之行? |
[01:59] | Remember, that’s why you put off the closets. | 还记得吗,因为这个你做壁橱推后了 |
[02:01] | You said you were going to Berlin. | 你说你要去柏林一阵子 |
[02:03] | Oh, right, right. | 哦,对,对 |
[02:05] | The Wall had just come down. You told me you wanted to be… | 柏林墙刚刚倒塌,你说你要成为… |
[02:08] | …part of the celebration. | …参加庆祝活动的一员 |
[02:09] | Yes, yes, I did, but you know, I was watching it on CNN… | 是,是,我说过,但我是在CNN上看的… |
[02:12] | …and they covered it so well, I thought, why knock my brains out? | ……CNN报道很全面, 我干嘛要把自己搞得精疲力尽? |
[02:17] | You know, my boyfriend went. | 我男朋友去了 |
[02:19] | – Really? – Yes, I told him all about you going… | – 真的? – 嗯,我告诉他你要去… |
[02:21] | …and he got all excited and decided to go. | … 他很兴奋,决定也要去 |
[02:24] | – Oh, did he like it? – I don’t know. He never came back. | – 哦,他喜欢吗? – 我不知道,他就再也没回来 |
[02:27] | Anyway, we met with NBC about a month ago, and they… | 总之,一个月前我们和NBC谈过了… |
[02:30] | …gave us the green light to go ahead and write a pilot. | … 给开了绿灯,让我们先写个剧本 |
[02:33] | We got a big meeting with them tomorrow. | 明天和他们有个重要会议 |
[02:35] | They gotta approve the story before we can write it. | 我们写之前需要先得到批准 |
[02:37] | Wow. What a great job. A writer. | 哇哦,很好的工作,一个作家 |
[02:42] | Not a bad way to earn a buck. | 挣个小钱儿倒是不错的 |
[02:45] | Sounds great. | 听起来不错嘛 |
[02:47] | Well, I’ll tell you, Stacy… | 史坦西,我给你讲… |
[02:49] | …it’s a lot of hard work. | … 这是个繁重的工作 |
[02:51] | But it comes fairly easy to me. | 但对我来说是信手拈来 |
[02:55] | Some people write symphonies. This is my gift. | 有些人写交响乐 但写剧本是我的天赋 |
[03:04] | – So you gonna go out with her? – I might. | – 你要和她约会了? – 有这意向 |
[03:07] | – What about Susan? – What? I’m not married. | – 苏珊怎么办? – 怎么了? 我还没结婚呢 |
[03:10] | I’m not allowed to go out with somebody else? | 难道就不能约别人出去? |
[03:12] | – Depends. – Depends on what? | – 这可不一定 – 取决与啥? |
[03:14] | – On many factors. – Like what? | – 许多因素 – 比如? |
[03:16] | Well, how long you’ve been seeing her. | 你多长时间见苏珊一次 |
[03:19] | What’s your phone-call frequency? Are you on a daily? | 和她打电话频繁吗? 天天打吗? |
[03:22] | No. Semi-daily. Four, five times a week. | 不,半天,一周四五次 |
[03:25] | Saturday nights, do you ask her out, or is the date implied? | 星期六晚上你约她出去 或是含蓄地约她? |
[03:29] | – Implied. – She got anything… | – 含蓄 – 她会放一些东西… |
[03:31] | …in your medicine cabinet? | … 在你的药柜里吗? |
[03:33] | Might be some moisturizer. | 也许是些润肤露 |
[03:37] | Let me ask you this: | 我这样问你: |
[03:39] | Is there any Tampax in your house? | 你家里有月经棉塞吗? |
[03:47] | Yeah. | 有 |
[03:49] | – I’ll tell you what you got here. – Yeah? | – 我告诉你有什么了 – 什么? |
[03:51] | You got a girlfriend. | 你有女朋友了 |
[03:53] | Oh, no, no. What…? Are you sure, a girlfriend? | 噢,不,不,啥…? 你肯定吗,女朋友? |
[03:56] | I’m looking at a guy in a semi-daily, with Tampax in his house… | 坐在我面前的是位半天给她打一次电话 家里有月经棉塞… |
[03:59] | …and an implied date on Saturday night. | …周六晚还有个含蓄约会的家伙 |
[04:02] | – I would like to help you out, but… – Do you believe my luck? | – 我想帮你摆脱困境,但是… – 你相信我有这个桃花运吗? |
[04:05] | The first time I have a good answer to… | 我这是第一次听到… |
[04:08] | …”What do you do?” and I have a girlfriend. | …当我问别人“我该怎么办时?” 答案是我有女朋友了 |
[04:10] | You don’t need a girlfriend when you can answer that. | 你能回答时,你就不需要女朋友了 |
[04:13] | That’s what you say in order to get girlfriends. | 这就是你说为什么要找女朋友 |
[04:15] | Once you can get girlfriends, you just want more girlfriends. | 一旦你有了女朋友, 你就想要更多女朋友 |
[04:19] | You’re gonna make a very good father someday. | 有朝一日你会成为一名好父亲 |
[04:23] | Well, it’s not fair, Jerry. It’s just not fair. | 不公平,杰瑞,这不公平 |
[04:25] | That’s it. I’m getting out of this thing. | 就是这样,我想结束了 |
[04:27] | Break up with her. But you know what this means. | 和她分手 但是你知道这意味着什么? |
[04:30] | – No, what? – The script, the pilot, the TV show. | – 不知道,怎么了? – 剧本, 剧情,电视剧 |
[04:32] | – That’s all over. – What do you mean? | – 都完蛋了 – 什么意思? |
[04:34] | Figure it out. She’s one of the executives… | 你想,她可是能是决定… |
[04:36] | …that’s gonna make the decision whether or not they pick up the show. | … 是否要选用我们这个剧本的负责人之一 |
[04:39] | She’s one of our biggest fans. | 是我们最大支持者 |
[04:41] | You drop her, you think they’re gonna pick us up? | 甩了她,你还想指望她能用我们的? |
[04:43] | Oh, right. Oh, no! Man. | 哦,对,不,伙计 |
[04:48] | You know, it’s a very interesting situation. | 现在的处境很有意思 |
[04:50] | Here you have a job that could help you get girls. | 你有份能泡到MM的工作 |
[04:53] | But you also have a relationship. | 但你有女朋友 |
[04:55] | But if you get rid of the relationship so you can get girls… | 假如你为了泡MM而断了和女友这层关系… |
[04:58] | …you lose the job. | …你就会丢了工作 |
[05:01] | – You see the irony? – Yeah, yeah. I see the… | – 这不是个讽刺吗? – 嗯,对,这个我明白… |
[05:05] | All right, what about this? | 那你看这样如何? |
[05:06] | What if I could find some way to break up with her… | 如果找个理由和她分手… |
[05:09] | …so that she’ll still like me, and it doesn’t affect the deal? | …这样她还喜欢我,不影响到我们的合作 |
[05:12] | – Yeah. – Wait, wait. Hear me out. | – 哦 – 别急,别急,听我说完 |
[05:14] | Hear me out. Don’t dismiss this. You’re quick to dismiss. | 听我说完,别打岔 你就想转移话题 |
[05:16] | Don’t dismiss. | 别转移话题 |
[05:20] | She’s got a big crush on David Letterman. I mean, a big crush. | 她对大卫・莱特曼很迷恋,非常迷恋 |
[05:23] | She talks about him all the time. | 她一直在谈论他 |
[05:25] | Suppose I go up to David Letterman. | 假设我去找大卫・莱特曼 |
[05:28] | He works at NBC. I work at NBC. | 他在NBC工作,我也是 |
[05:32] | I explain my situation. | 我给他说明我的苦衷 |
[05:33] | He agrees to meet her. They go out. They fall madly in love… | 他同意见面,然后去约会 俩人就疯狂地坠入爱河了… |
[05:36] | …and she dumps me for David Letterman. | …有了大卫・莱特曼她就会甩了我 |
[05:40] | – This is your plan? – No, no, I’m just thinking. | – 这就是你的如意算盘? – 不,不,只是个设想 |
[05:44] | I don’t think you are. | 我想你不是那种人 |
[05:53] | Well, let me tell you what I see. | 听听我的想法 |
[05:55] | Please. And be brutal. I have no closet sensitivity. | 但说无妨,我对壁橱不敏感 |
[05:59] | – Are you very fussy about your pants? – I don’t think I am. | – 你是否特别在意你的裤子? – 不是 |
[06:03] | Because I have a very radical idea. | 我有个特前卫的想法 |
[06:05] | – Can you handle it? – Try me. | – 不知你能否接受 – 我试试 |
[06:07] | Here’s what I’m proposing. We’ll eliminate all this. | 我的想法是把这些都弄掉 |
[06:10] | The hangers, the bar, the shelves, and in its place, install a series of hooks. | 衣架,横条,搁板,然后放一排排挂钩 |
[06:16] | We’ll put everything on hooks. | 把所有东西都放在挂钩上 |
[06:18] | – Everything? – Everything. | – 所有东西? – 一切 |
[06:20] | The shirts, pants, sports jackets, pajamas. | 衬衫,裤子,运动夹克,睡衣 |
[06:23] | We can get 80 hooks on here. | 这儿可以放80个挂钩 |
[06:26] | You’re quite mad, you know. | 这也太疯狂了吧 |
[06:31] | Oh, I don’t believe this. | 怎么回事 |
[06:34] | Hey. Well, what are you doing? | 嗨,你在做什么? |
[06:36] | I’m watching The Bold and the Beautiful. | 在看《大胆而美丽》 (1987年美国热播的肥皂剧) |
[06:38] | – No. – Wait, wait. | – 别看了 – 等等,等等 |
[06:40] | – This is not a good time. – Five minutes. | – 真不是时候 – 就5分钟 |
[06:41] | What did you give your TV to George for? | 你为什么把电视给了乔治? |
[06:43] | Because I’ve been watching too much. It was an addiction. I couldn’t stop. | 看电视太多了,上瘾了,戒不掉 |
[06:47] | It was destroying my brain cells. | 它在摧毁我的脑细胞 |
[06:50] | Yeah, but now you’re in here all the time. | 但你一直在看啊 |
[06:52] | Well… Whoa. | 哦… 谁啊 |
[06:54] | – Marla, Kramer. – Hello. | – 玛勒,这是克莱默 – 你好 |
[06:58] | – Go out. It’s nice out. – There’s nothing out there for me. | – 走吧,是时候了 – 没啥可干 |
[07:01] | – There’s weather. – I don’t need weather. | – 天气不错 – 我不需要好天气 |
[07:03] | Weather doesn’t do it for me. | 天气又不会给我演这个 |
[07:05] | I’m telling George to give you your TV back. | 我让乔治把电视还给你 |
[07:07] | No, no. I don’t want it back. | 别,别,不想看到那个玩意儿 |
[07:10] | Are you gonna watch the Knick game tonight? | 今晚看尼克斯队的比赛吗? |
[07:12] | – I don’t know. – Will you tape it? | – 不知道 – 会录吗? |
[07:14] | – Kramer. – Oh, yeah. | – 克莱默,长点眼色 – 哦,好的 |
[07:24] | So your boyfriend never came back from Berlin. | 你男朋友再也没有从柏林回来? |
[07:27] | – Never came back. – Oh, you must have been devastated… | – 没有 – 对你打击一定比较大吧… |
[07:30] | …being left for a wall. | …就为一堵墙弃你而去 |
[07:31] | Well… | |
[07:33] | …it was about to end anyway. | …迟早要断的 |
[07:35] | There was this problem. | 有个这样的问题 |
[07:38] | Excuse me one second. | 失陪一下 |
[07:40] | – Yeah. – It’s me. | – 谁啊 – 是我 |
[07:42] | Come on up. | 上来 |
[07:44] | That’s Elaine. She’s just a friend of mine. | 是伊莲,我的一个朋友 |
[07:46] | I don’t know what she’s doing here now. | 不知道她这时来做什么 |
[07:48] | I’m sorry. | 真是抱歉 |
[07:50] | – What? – I didn’t get it. | – 怎么了? – 门没开 |
[07:57] | So you were saying there was this problem. | 你说什么问题 |
[07:59] | Well, he wanted me to move in with him. | 他想让我和他同居 |
[08:01] | – Snapple? – No, thanks. | – 要冰茶吗? – 不要,谢谢 |
[08:05] | – Go on. – Well, I wouldn’t move in, because… | – 继续 – 我不想同居,因为… |
[08:08] | – Yes? – Well, because… | – 怎么了? – 因为… |
[08:10] | – Yeah? – Well, because I’m a… | – 接着说 – 因为我是个… |
[08:14] | …virgin. | …处女 |
[08:16] | Hello. | 哈喽 |
[08:19] | Hi. Marla, Elaine. | 嗨,玛勒,这位是伊莲 |
[08:22] | Sorry, I didn’t know you had company. | 抱歉,我不知道来客人了 |
[08:23] | – I wanted to return your tape. – Oh, thanks a lot. Two weeks late. | – 我想把录像带还给你 – 谢谢,晚了两周 |
[08:27] | Now it cost me $35 to see Havana. | 现在要花我35元看《哈瓦那》 |
[08:33] | I’m sorry. I really am. I just kept forgetting. | 抱歉,一直忘了还 |
[08:36] | – I should be going. – No, no, no. I’m leaving. | – 我该走了 – 别,别,别,我要走了 |
[08:38] | I like that thing in your hair. | 你头发上的这个不错 |
[08:40] | Yeah? This woman was selling them… | 是吗?从昨晚疯狂派对的… |
[08:41] | …at this crazy party I was at last night. | …一个女人那里买来的 |
[08:44] | You’ll appreciate this. Snapple? | 你会喜欢的,喝冰茶吗? |
[08:46] | No, thanks. | 不,谢谢 |
[08:49] | I was talking to this guy, and I just happened to throw… | 当时我正在和一个男的聊天, 我顺手把钱包… |
[08:52] | …my purse on the sofa. | …仍到沙发上 |
[08:53] | And my diaphragm goes flying out. | 我钱包里的子宫帽飞了出来! (一种女性避孕用具) |
[09:00] | So I just froze, you know: | 我顿时傻眼了 |
[09:03] | Staring at my diaphragm, you know? It’s just lying there. | 眼睛紧盯着我的子宫帽,它就在那里 |
[09:06] | So this woman who sold me this hair thing… | 这时卖给我东西的女人… |
[09:08] | …she grabbed it before the guy noticed, so I mean… | ……在那个男的发现之前一把 抓走它,所以我们… |
[09:11] | …big deal, right? | …做了笔大买卖 |
[09:13] | So I carry around my diaphragm. Who doesn’t? | 我都随身带着 哪个女的不带啊? |
[09:16] | I mean, like, it’s a big, big secret… | 我的意思是女人随身携带子宫帽 |
[09:18] | …that women carry around their diaphragms. | …是很大,很大的秘密 |
[09:22] | You never know when you’re gonna need it. | 你搞不清啥时候需要它 |
[09:30] | I should be going. | 我该走了 |
[09:32] | – So we’ll talk about the hooks then. – Yes. | – 我们稍后再谈挂钩的事情 – 好的 |
[09:39] | – What, was it something I said? – She’s a virgin. She just told me. | – 怎么了,是不是我说的不对? – 她是处女,刚告诉我的 |
[09:43] | – Well, I didn’t know. – Well, it’s not like spotting a toupee. | – 我不知道 – 这可不像能认出假发一样容易 |
[09:51] | Well, you think I should say something? | 你觉得我应该解释一下吗? |
[09:53] | Should I say something, apologize? | 我是否该说些啥,向她道歉? |
[09:54] | – Was I being anti-virgin? – No, no. | – 我是个反处女人士吗? – 不,不是 |
[09:57] | – I mean… – Because I’m not anti-virgin. | – 我意思是… – 我不是反对处女 |
[09:59] | – I’m gonna… I’ll be right back. – Don’t… Elaine. Elaine. | – 我要去… 马上回来 – 别… 伊莲,伊莲 |
[10:03] | – Yeah? – It’s George. | – 哪位? – 乔治 |
[10:06] | – She’s a virgin? – A virgin. | – 她是个处女? – 处女 |
[10:11] | – What are you gonna do? – I don’t know. | – 你想怎么办? – 不知道 |
[10:12] | I’m very attracted to her. That accent is so sexy. | 我对她很着迷,那声音真性感 |
[10:16] | I don’t think I could do it. | 要是我,我就下不了手 |
[10:18] | They always remember the first time. | 她们对第一次是终身难忘的 |
[10:21] | I don’t wanna be remembered. I wanna be forgotten. | 我不想被铭记,但求被遗忘 |
[10:25] | You need a little pioneer spirit. You don’t have any of that… | 你得有点开拓者的精神 你没有路易斯和克拉克的那种精神… |
[10:28] | …Lewis and Clark in you. | (二人为1804年美国首次 横越大陆西抵太平洋沿岸的往返考察活动领队) |
[10:30] | You know, sometimes those guys don’t make it back. | 有时这些家伙不能活着回来 |
[10:37] | – I’m really hungry. – Yeah, me too. | – 真有些饿了 – 嗯,我也是 |
[10:39] | We gotta get something. I don’t wanna go… | 我们得吃点东西 我不想… |
[10:41] | …on an empty stomach. Let’s get Chinese. | …饥肠辘辘的,我们吃中餐 |
[10:43] | – Wanna order? – All right, then we gotta get work done. | – 点吗? – 好的,然后把活儿搞定 |
[10:46] | Let me just call Kramer. See if he wants anything. | 叫一下克莱默,看他要什么 |
[10:50] | Hey. We’re ordering Chinese food. | 嗨,我们要订中餐 |
[10:52] | If you want anything, let me know what… | 你想要什么… |
[10:54] | …and I’ll order it… | …我给你点上… |
[10:57] | …for you. | |
[11:00] | – I’m in. Let’s go for it. – All right. What do you want? | – 我来了,点吧 – 好的,你要什么? |
[11:03] | – I don’t care. – All right. | – 随便 – 好的 |
[11:04] | Why don’t we get a couple of dishes and share. | 为啥不点几个菜大家一起吃 |
[11:06] | – All right. – What are you getting? | – 好的 – 你点什么? |
[11:08] | – I think I’m gonna get a chow fun. – What’s a chow fun? | – 我点炒粉 – 炒粉是什么? |
[11:11] | It’s a broad noodle. | 是宽面条 |
[11:13] | – What do you mean “a broad noodle”? – It’s a big, flat noodle. | – 哪样子的“宽面条”? – 比较长,扁的那种面条 |
[11:16] | Well, I don’t want a big, flat noodle. | 我可不要大扁面 |
[11:20] | – What kind of noodle do you want? – Who says I want a noodle? | – 那你想要啥面? – 谁说我要面? |
[11:24] | I’m getting the chow fun. You don’t have to have any. | 我点炒粉,你就别吃了 |
[11:26] | I’ll get the pea pods, and you can’t have any of my pea pods. | 那我点豌豆,你也不用吃了 |
[11:30] | – Fine. – And get extra MSG. | – 好的 – 让多放些味精 |
[11:36] | Look, Marla, this whole sex thing is totally overrated. | 玛勒,性爱这种事情都是被夸大了的 |
[11:42] | Now, the one thing you’ve gotta be ready for… | 现在,你要做好准备的是… |
[11:44] | …is how the man changes into a completely different person… | …男人在做爱结束后… |
[11:49] | …five seconds after it’s over. | …立马变成另外一个不同的人了 |
[11:51] | I mean, something happens to their personality. | 他们的品质会变 |
[11:53] | It’s really quite astounding. It’s like… | 非常让人吃惊,就像… |
[11:56] | …they committed a crime and wanna flee the scene before police get there. | …他们犯了罪,想在警察来之前逃走一样 |
[12:01] | – So they just leave? – Yeah. Pretty much, yeah. | – 他们会闪人? – 是啊,这号的比较多 |
[12:03] | Well, the smart ones start working on their getaway stories during dinner. | 狡猾些的晚餐时就开始为他们的脱身做铺垫 |
[12:08] | How, you know, they gotta get up early tomorrow. | 第二天他们得早起 |
[12:11] | It’s always about being up early. | 我一直都起得早 |
[12:13] | They all turn into farmers suddenly. | 他们突然都会变成农夫一样 |
[12:16] | It must be really good to put up with all that. | 把这些忍受下来一定很好 |
[12:23] | Let’s go. We don’t have time before the meeting. | 走吧,马上就开会了 |
[12:26] | The food. What happened to Ping? | 我们的饭,平怎么还不来? |
[12:27] | Don’t worry, he’ll be here. Look, we only got two hours. | 别急,他会到 看,就剩2小时了 |
[12:30] | We need to come up with one good idea, we can get through this meeting. | 得想出个好法子通过这个审核 |
[12:34] | There’s your food. | 饭来了 |
[12:36] | Hey, what about this? | 嗨,这样如何? |
[12:38] | I’m in a car accident. The motorist is uninsured. | 我出车祸了,摩托车驾驶员没保险 |
[12:41] | – You with me? – Yeah. | – 你听我说没? – 听着呢 |
[12:43] | My car’s totaled. | 我的车完全被毁 |
[12:45] | It’s all his fault. Now, he has absolutely no money. | 他负全责,但又没钱 |
[12:47] | There is no way that he could pay me. | 没法给我赔偿 |
[12:50] | So the judge decrees… | 因此法官裁定… |
[12:52] | …that he becomes my butler. | …他作我的佣人 |
[12:55] | – Your butler? – Right. | – 你的佣人? – 没错 |
[12:57] | He cooks my food, cleans my house, does my shopping, there you go. | 做饭,收拾家,购物等等 |
[13:00] | That’s your program. | 这就是他的活 |
[13:03] | – What about me? – Don’t worry. | – 那我呢? – 不知道 |
[13:04] | We find something for you. | 给你也弄些啥 |
[13:08] | That’s the stupidest idea I ever heard. | 这是我听到最愚蠢的主意 |
[13:11] | Sentenced to be a butler. | 被判决当佣人 |
[13:15] | – Ping, what happened? – There was an accident. | – 平,怎么了? – 出车祸了 |
[13:18] | Head hurts. | 头疼 |
[13:20] | – Head really hurts. – What happened? | – 头真疼 – 出啥事了? |
[13:24] | Marla and I went out for coffee, and I was crossing the street… | 玛勒和我去喝咖啡,我正在过马路…… |
[13:27] | …and he was biking towards me, so I got out of the way in time… | …他骑着车朝我冲过来,我一下躲开了 |
[13:30] | …but he ran into a parked car, hit his head… | …但他撞到了停着的一辆车上 头受伤了…… |
[13:32] | …and everything went flying. | …所有的东西都飞了出去 |
[13:34] | Something happened to the food? | 我们的饭出问题了? |
[13:37] | Could only save one bag. | 就保住了一个袋子 |
[13:38] | Should I call an ambulance? Wanna see a doctor? | 叫辆救护车吗? 需要看医生吗? |
[13:40] | I’ll get some ice. | 我去拿些冰 |
[13:42] | The pea pods? All you saved was the pea pods? | 豌豆?你就保住了豌豆? |
[13:45] | – Hey, you got the food? – Yeah, here. | – 饭来了吗? – 嗯,你的 |
[13:47] | Man, what took you so long? Hey, Ping. | 怎么这么长时间才到? 嗨,平 |
[13:49] | – Kramer. – Yeah. | – 克莱默 – 嗯 |
[13:52] | – Where’s yours? – He dropped it. | – 你的呢? – 他给弄丢了 |
[13:54] | Oh, that’s too bad. | 哦,太糟糕了 |
[13:58] | You should slow down, you know. It’s dangerous to go that fast. | 你应该慢点儿,那么快很危险的 |
[14:01] | No, no, I have green light. You jaywalk. | 不,不,当时是绿灯 你乱穿马路 |
[14:03] | – Are you watching Oprah? – I did not jaywalk. | – 你看奥普拉的节目吗? – 我可没乱穿马路 |
[14:05] | You’re giving him back that TV. | 你把电视还给他 |
[14:07] | – Yes, you jaywalk. – No, I don’t want it. | – 是啊,你乱穿马路 – 别,我不想要 |
[14:09] | Jaywalker. I can slap a suit on you. | 乱穿马路的人!我可以起诉你! |
[14:11] | – What? – We’ve got work to do. | – 什么? – 我们还有工作要做 |
[14:12] | – What about the meeting? – An hour with Patrick Swayze. | – 我们的会怎么办? – 1小时后还有帕特里克・斯威兹 (1990年《人鬼情未了》男主角) |
[14:20] | A month and a half we had. We did nothing. | 一个半月我们都无所事事 |
[14:22] | We put it off until today. Then we couldn’t do anything… | 一直拖到今天 现在我们什么都做不了… |
[14:25] | …because Elaine runs to apologize to a virgin… | …就因为伊莲跑去向一个处女道歉… |
[14:28] | …crosses against the light and knocks over a Chinese delivery boy. | …闯信号横穿马路,导致送餐人被撞翻 |
[14:31] | And now we’re gonna go make fools of ourselves. We got nothing. | 现在又要自欺其人了,我们什么也没有 |
[14:34] | You’re not even in show business. I got a reputation. | 你还不如去演艺界混 我是有名望的人 |
[14:38] | You’re dragging me into the sewer with you. | 现在你把我拉下水 |
[14:41] | I’ve been on TV, buddy boy. | 我一直在上电视啊,伙计 |
[14:43] | You know how fast word spreads in show business? Just like that: | 知道娱乐界流言蜚语传播有多快吗? 就像这样: |
[14:47] | One bad impression, you’re out of the business! | 一旦留下坏影响,事业就止步了 |
[14:51] | Let’s postpone it. Let’s get out of here. | 那我们再往后推,离开这儿 |
[14:53] | What? They know we’re here. | 什么?他们知道我们在这里 |
[14:54] | I’ll fake an illness. My back! My back! I can’t move my back! | 我假装生病,我的背!我的背! 我背动不了 |
[14:58] | No, no. Would you get up? | 行了,够了,起来吧? |
[15:00] | – I could do this, Jerry. – No. | – 我可以这样做,杰瑞 – 别 |
[15:02] | All right, I’ll tell them that my sister died. | 那好吧,我就说我姐姐去世了 |
[15:05] | My poor sister died. | 我可怜的姐姐走了 |
[15:07] | She was standing on the street, and then she was laughing… | 她站在街头,然后笑了一下… |
[15:10] | …and then they shot her! | …那帮人就朝他开枪了! |
[15:13] | That’s the kind of a sick city we’re living in! | 我们生活在多么恶心人的城市 |
[15:15] | They shoot you for laughing! | 笑了一下就开枪 |
[15:17] | I must go and comfort my poor family. Jerry, come on. | 我必须去安慰我可怜的家人,杰瑞 |
[15:20] | Take me home so I can comfort my… My poor family. | 快带我回家去安慰可怜的家人 |
[15:24] | – What? – That’s David Letterman. | – 怎么了? – 是大卫・莱特曼 |
[15:26] | I just saw David Letterman walk by. | 刚见他过去了 |
[15:28] | Be right back. | 马上回来 |
[15:31] | Mr. Seinfeld, they’re ready for you now. | 宋飞先生,该你了 |
[15:36] | Yes, I was very wise to hitch my wagon to his star. | 没错,胸怀大志还是明智之举 |
[15:45] | – Hey, Jerry. – Hi. | – 嗨,杰瑞 – 嗨 |
[15:47] | How you doing? Nice to see you all. | 你们好吗?很高兴见到你们 |
[15:48] | – Hello, Jerry. I’m Rita Kirson. – Oh, nice to meet you. | – 你好,杰瑞,我是丽塔・科森 – 很高兴认识您 |
[15:52] | – Where’s Russell? – He had to go to L.A. | – 拉塞尔没来吗? – 他有事去洛杉矶了 |
[15:54] | There’s a problem on the set at Blossom. | 布洛索姆的拍摄地有个小问题 |
[15:56] | Oh, poor Blossom. | 可怜的布洛索姆 |
[16:00] | Anyway, he asked me to sit in for him. | 他让我代替他出席这个会议 |
[16:03] | Where’s George? | 乔治在哪儿? |
[16:04] | He ran to say something to David Letterman. | 他跑去给大卫・莱特曼说点事 |
[16:06] | – David Letterman’s on the floor? – Yeah, he just walked by. | – 大卫・莱特曼在这层? – 嗯,刚刚过去 |
[16:11] | I think we should get started, anyway. | 我们该开始了 |
[16:14] | Yeah. Good idea. | 嗯,好主意 |
[16:16] | – So how are you guys coming along? – Good. Good. | – 你俩进展如何? – 好,不错 |
[16:19] | We’ve got a number of ideas. | 我们有许多构思 |
[16:21] | Good. | 很好 |
[16:25] | Have you been to a Chinese restaurant… | 你们有过吃中餐… |
[16:27] | …and they say five minutes for a table, and you wind up… | …被告知5分钟就可以就餐… |
[16:30] | …waiting there for 30 minutes? | …但实足让你等了30分钟的事吗? |
[16:33] | Well, we thought it would be very funny… | 我俩觉得这个很搞笑的… |
[16:36] | …to do an entire show… | …就一出戏… |
[16:38] | …where all you’re doing is waiting for the table. | …你所做的就是在那里一直等座 |
[16:43] | Because we’ve all been in that situation. | 因为我们都遇到过这种情况 |
[16:47] | You know, you’re… You’re waiting, and you’re hungry… | 你… 你在等而且很饿… |
[16:51] | …and you bump into somebody you know. | …并且和你认识的人邂逅 |
[16:59] | – When is Russell coming back? – So that’s the idea? | – 拉塞尔什么时候回来? – 这就个构思? |
[17:03] | Well, no. That’s one. | 哦,不,这只是其中之一 |
[17:05] | We have many others. | 我们还有更多 |
[17:06] | We have an idea where… | 有个是这样… |
[17:10] | l… I get into an accident with a guy who has no insurance… | 我遇到车祸,那个家伙没有保险… |
[17:14] | …and the judge sentences him to be my butler. | …法官裁定他作我的佣人 |
[17:20] | You know, and he cooks. He has to cook for me. | 他得给我做饭 |
[17:22] | And cleans my house… | 收拾家… |
[17:24] | …and he’s doing my shopping, you know. | …替我购物 |
[17:27] | And I’m walking around with one of those big neck-collar things. | 我就套个轴颈环那样的东西四周走动 |
[17:32] | Those collars are funny. | 那些环儿太搞笑了 |
[17:34] | You see somebody in one of those, you start laughing immediately. | 见了这样的你就会大笑起来 |
[17:39] | Are you telling them the butler story? | 在讲佣人的故事吧? |
[17:41] | Is that beautiful or what? | 很动听,还是? |
[17:43] | Hey, I’m sorry I’m late. | 抱歉,来晚了 |
[17:45] | Russell? | 拉塞尔 |
[17:48] | – I’m Rita Kirson. – Oh, Rita. | – 我是丽塔・科森 – 丽塔 |
[17:50] | Hey, Mr. Schirmack. How are you? | 嗨,希尔梅克先生,你好啊? |
[17:52] | Good to see you, Stu and Jay. Always a pleasure. Hi, sweetie. | 斯图和杰,见到你们真是高兴之极 嗨,亲爱的 |
[17:56] | Yeah, yeah, that butler idea, that’s beautiful, isn’t it? | 嗯,佣人这个构思很好,不是吗? |
[17:58] | Is that a killer? | 不是个奇思妙想吗? |
[18:00] | – I thought I was getting the butler. – Don’t worry. | – 我还以为我能得到这个佣人 – 别担心 |
[18:03] | We’ll find something for you. | 我们会给你找的 |
[18:13] | So Letterman didn’t spark to your idea, huh? | 莱特曼没有欣然同意你的想法吗? |
[18:16] | He said there was nothing he could do and next time… | 他说他无能为力… |
[18:19] | …I should probably break the Prozacs in half. | …下次我应当把百忧解弄成两半 (一种治疗精神抑郁的药物) |
[18:22] | Hey, wanna hold it down. I’m watching JEOPARD Y! | 嗨,小点声,我在看杰帕迪 (美国知名白天问答节目) |
[18:24] | Would you give him back the TV? | 你能把电视还给他吗? |
[18:27] | Oh, by the way, Susan called for you a minute ago. | 苏珊一分钟前给你打电话了 |
[18:29] | I’ll bet they’re probably doing somersaults about us over there. | 我打赌他们也许在那边 为我们而手舞足蹈 |
[18:32] | You think they get butler stories like that every day? | 你觉得他们每天都有 那样的佣人故事吗 |
[18:38] | Who is Joseph Cotten? Giddyup. | 约瑟夫 康特是谁?快些 |
[18:42] | – Hello? – Yeah, hi, it’s me. It’s Georgie boy. | – 你好? – 嗯,你好,是我,帅哥乔治 |
[18:44] | – What’s going on? | – What’s going on? – 怎么了? – 怎么了? |
[18:47] | What’s going on? I’ll tell you what’s going on. | 怎么了?我告诉你怎么了 |
[18:49] | I’m fired. | 我被炒鱿鱼了 |
[18:51] | Fired, why? | 被炒了,为什么? |
[18:52] | Because you kissed me. | 就因为你亲了我 |
[18:54] | You kissed me, you stupid idiot. | 你亲我,你这呆子 |
[18:56] | Rita called Russell, and he fired me over the phone. | 丽塔给拉塞尔打了电话,他在电话那边 就把我给开了 |
[19:00] | What is pi? | 派是什么? |
[19:02] | Giddyup again. I’m killing, man. | 快点,我要揍你了 |
[19:04] | But I didn’t… I had no idea… I didn’t realize. | 但是我没…我无意…我没意识到 |
[19:07] | You didn’t realize? How could you not realize? You’re stupid. | 没意识到?你怎么能没意识到?弱智 |
[19:11] | You are a stupid, stupid man. | 你是个弱智,弱智 |
[19:14] | I just feel terrible. This is just terrible. | 我感到难受,真实糟糕透了 |
[19:16] | What is the cha-cha? | 恰恰是什么? |
[19:19] | Yes, indeed. | 的确 |
[19:21] | I’ll speak to you later. | 过会儿给你打 |
[19:26] | This is great. He fired her! | 太爽了,她被解雇了 |
[19:29] | This is incredible. He fired her! I’m out, baby! I’m out! | 不可思议,她被开了! 我脱身了,宝贝!我脱身了! |
[19:32] | – Why’d he fire her? – Because I kissed her in the meeting! | – 为什么要解雇她? – 因为我在会上亲她了 |
[19:36] | Russell found out. He fired her over the phone! | 拉塞尔知道后在电话那端就解雇她了 |
[19:38] | Finally, my stupidity pays off! | 我的弱智最终得到了回报 |
[19:41] | What is “Here Come De Judge”? “Here Come De Judge”! | “法官来了”是什么意思? “法官来了”! |
[19:45] | You can’t break up with her. Her life is shattered. You got her fired. | 你不能和她分手 她的生活支离破碎了,因为你她才被开 |
[19:48] | You gotta be there for her. | 你应该在她身边 |
[19:50] | You gotta wait until she gets another job. | 直到她找到另一份工作 |
[19:52] | – Another job? – A couple of interviews. | – 另一份工作? – 几次面试 |
[19:55] | Oh, this is unbelievable. | 简直不敢想像 |
[19:58] | I’m stuck. | 我被缠住了 |
[20:00] | Every time I think I’m out… | 每次我以为我脱身了… |
[20:02] | …they pull me back in. | …但他们又把我给拽回来 |
[20:12] | Are you going to want to leave after it’s over? | 这个过后你是否想溜? |
[20:15] | You know, if we have sex. | 如果我们做爱 |
[20:17] | What, leave? Where, why? | 什么,走?哪里?为什么? |
[20:20] | You know, the apartment. | 就这间公寓 |
[20:23] | – Why would I? This is my apartment. – Well, what if it was my apartment? | – 为什么?这是我的公寓 – 如果是我的呢? |
[20:27] | Who gave you this idea I would wanna leave? | 谁给你灌输的这个概念 |
[20:29] | Well, Elaine said men like to leave after it’s over. | 伊莲说男人们完事后就想开溜 |
[20:33] | I wouldn’t put stock in anything Elaine has to say… | 我不相信她说的这种关系… |
[20:35] | …about relationships. She comes from a broken home. | …她来自单亲家庭 |
[20:38] | And I mean that literally. A tree fell on the roof and cracked the structure. | 我打个比方,树倒在了房顶上 结构也被砸坏了 |
[20:41] | Her parents got along beautifully, but the house was in bad shape. | 她父母过得很好,但房子确很糟糕 |
[20:46] | Maybe I should be going. | 也许我该走了 |
[20:50] | – And what else did you say to her? – Nothing. | – 你还给她说什么了? – 没有 |
[20:52] | I was just giving her the straight dope. | 我想给她事实真相 |
[20:55] | More like a dope was giving it to her straight. | 直截了当说更像毒品一样 |
[20:58] | Another cup of coffee with you, she’ll wind up in a convent. | 再和你喝杯咖啡 她就要在女修道院渡过余生了 |
[21:02] | Listen, there was a lot more I could’ve told her, believe me. | 听着,我还能告诉她更多,别不信 |
[21:05] | What about leaving after sex? Did I leave with you? | 做爱后开溜是什么意思? 我开溜了吗? |
[21:07] | You might have, if I had stayed. | 如果我留下来,你也许会的 |
[21:10] | So you know what, I got served with papers today. | 你知道啥,今天我接到传票了 |
[21:13] | Ping is suing me. | 平起诉我了 |
[21:15] | I need your virgin as a witness, so be nice. | 我需要你的处女给我作证 真是太好了 |
[21:17] | I was trying to be. | 我努力争取 |
[21:19] | Look at George. He lucked out, huh? | 你看乔治,他撞桃花运了,哈? |
[21:22] | You’re not kidding. Who figured Susan would break up with him? | 你说得没错 谁料到苏姗和他分手了 |
[21:25] | – They had a good thing going. – Yeah. | – 他们发展的不挺好的嘛 – 是啊 |
[21:27] | Since she met him, she’s been vomited on… | 自从她认识乔治后,一直有呕吐… |
[21:29] | …her family cabin’s been burned down… | …她家的小屋也给烧掉了… |
[21:31] | …learned her father’s a homosexual and got fired from a high-paying job. | …还得知他爸是个同性恋 最后被一个高薪的网络公司解雇了 |
[21:36] | Yeah, they had a real good thing going. | 是,他们之间确实发生了点好事情 |
[21:40] | What do I do? | 我的工作? |
[21:42] | Well, actually, I’m a writer. | 事实上,我是个作家 |
[21:45] | In fact, I’m writing a comedy pilot for NBC right now. | 我正在给NBC写喜剧剧本 |
[21:50] | A sitcom? | 情景喜剧? |
[21:52] | How can you write that crap? | 怎么能写那种垃圾? |
[21:56] | Carol. This guy’s writing a sitcom. | 卡罗尔,这家伙是给情景喜剧写剧本的 |
[21:59] | A sitcom? | 情景喜剧? |
[22:07] | A sitcom. | 情景喜剧 |
[22:08] | Can you imagine? | 你能想像吗? |
[22:10] | And he actually tried to use it to hit on me. | 他实际上想用这个和我套近乎 |
[22:14] | In ancient tribal cultures, they would actually sacrifice a virgin. | 在古代的部落文化里, 他们通常会献祭一个处女 |
[22:18] | I mean, they would find some girl that had never been with anybody… | 他们会找一个没有失身的女孩子… |
[22:21] | …and throw her into a volcano. There’s a first date you’ll never forget. | …扔进火山,那儿的第一天你永远忘不了 |
[22:26] | She winds up in heaven, talking with Chuck Woolery, so… | 她升天了,正和查克・沃勒瑞聊天呢 (美国著名游戏节目主持人) |
[22:29] | “Tell me, Lisa, how did the date end?” “Not well, Chuck. Not well.” | “丽莎,约会是如何结束的?” “不好,查克,不太好” |
[22:34] | “Well, if you’d like to be thrown into a volcano again, we’ll pay for it.” | “你如果想被再次扔进火山,我们会买单” |