时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I find it fascinating, when you go in the stationery store… | 我发现当你走进一家文具店的 时候十分有意思… |
[00:06] | …that they’re manufacturing millions of pens constantly. | …他们正在不停地制造大量的笔 |
[00:09] | We’re all buying them. I must have bought 6000 Bics in my life. | 我们都在买笔,我这辈子买了都有 6000多支笔了 |
[00:13] | I’ve used up maybe two of them. Where’s the rest of them? | 我用完了2支 剩下的那些在哪儿呢? |
[00:16] | Move a refrigerator, there’s a couple there. | 移动冰箱时,发现有2支钢笔 |
[00:18] | But that doesn’t account for it. Where are all the pens? | 但是这并不算什么 所有的笔哪儿去了? |
[00:23] | That’s why it’s embarrassing if you don’t have one. | 这就是为什么如果 你一支笔都没有会很难堪 |
[00:25] | “You got a pen? Can I borrow a pen?” We always have to whisper… | “你有笔吗?我能借一下吗?” 我们得小声说… |
[00:28] | …because it’s so humiliating. “I don’t have a pen.” | …因为这样让人害羞 “我没有笔” |
[00:32] | “They’re making millions of them every week.” | “他们每周都制造许多许多笔” |
[00:34] | “I know. Where are they?” | “我知道,但在哪儿?” |
[00:43] | May I help you? | 我能帮你吗? |
[00:45] | Yeah, hi. I’m looking for a Rolamech 1000. | 嗯,我想要支Rolamech 1000(一种文具品牌) |
[00:49] | – It’s a mechanical pencil. – Oh, I know the Rolamech 1000. | – 是自动铅笔 – 噢,我知道Rolamech 1000 |
[00:56] | No, I’m sure you do. | 我想你是知道的 |
[00:58] | They’re pretty expensive. | 这笔很贵哟 |
[01:01] | Well, it’s for my boss. | 是给我老板买的 |
[01:03] | What do you do? | 你做什么的? |
[01:06] | Whatever. | 这不重要 |
[01:08] | Well, we don’t have any in stock right now… | 好吧,我们现在没有存货了… |
[01:10] | …but I would be happy to order it for you. | …但我很乐意为你订购 |
[01:12] | Just give me your phone number… | 只要把你的电话号码给我 |
[01:14] | …and when it comes in, I’ll give you a call. | 然后来货的时候我会通知你的 |
[01:17] | Your name is? | 你叫什么名字? |
[01:19] | Elaine. | 伊莲 |
[01:21] | Elaine. | 伊莲 |
[01:25] | – And your last name? – It’s just Elaine. Like Cher. | – 你的姓? – 就是伊莲,就像谢尔 |
[01:32] | And your number? | 你的号码? |
[01:34] | It’s KL5-2390. | |
[01:39] | Okay. Thanks a lot. | 好的,多谢 |
[01:41] | – You’ll be hearing from me. – Okay. So long. | – 你会接到我的电话 – 好,再见 |
[01:45] | – Why did you give him my number? – Don’t worry about it. | – 你为什么把我的号码给他? – 别担心 |
[01:49] | I think he got ideas. | 我想他有办法 |
[01:50] | I wonder if any woman ever said that about Einstein. | 我怀疑是不是所有女的 谈到爱因斯坦都这么说 |
[01:54] | Just call me when the pencil comes in. | 笔到的时候给我打电话就可以了 |
[01:56] | Why does Mr. Pitt prefer a pencil to a pen anyway? | 为什么皮特更喜欢铅笔而不是钢笔? |
[01:59] | Hey, look who’s here. | 嗨,看谁来了 |
[02:00] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[02:04] | – Hi, Jerry. – Hi, Julie. | – 你好,杰瑞 – 你好,朱莉 |
[02:06] | Elaine, Julie. | 伊莲,朱莉 |
[02:07] | – Hi. – Oh, hi. Elaine’s my middle name. | – 你好 – 噢,你好,伊莲是我的中名 |
[02:10] | Mine’s lke. | 我的是艾克 |
[02:13] | Hey, wanna get some lunch? | 嘿,想去吃午饭吗? |
[02:15] | Just had a big bowl of Kix. | 我刚吃了一大碗Kix(一种膨化谷物食品) |
[02:18] | Oh, well, that’s very mature. | 哦,那是很饱了 |
[02:20] | – What about you? – Oh, please come, Elaine. | – 你呢? – 一起来吧,伊莲 |
[02:22] | No. Maybe you could bring me back something. | 不了,你可以给我带一点回来 |
[02:24] | – Sure, all right. What do you want? – I don’t know. | – 当然可以,你要什么? – 我不知道 |
[02:28] | – A big salad. – What big salad? | – 一个大色拉 – 什么样的? |
[02:30] | – I’m going to the coffee shop. – They have big salads. | – 我要去咖啡店 – 那儿有大色拉 |
[02:33] | I’ve never seen a big salad. | 我从来没有见过大色拉 |
[02:35] | They have big salads. | 那儿真的有 |
[02:37] | Is that what I ask for, the big salad? | 那我就要去点这个大色拉? |
[02:41] | – It’s okay. Just forget it. – No, hey, I’ll get it. | – 好吧,别管那个了 – 不,嘿,我会买到的 |
[02:43] | What’s in the big salad? | 那个大色拉里有什么? |
[02:45] | Big lettuce, big carrots. Tomatoes like volleyballs. | 大生菜,大胡萝卜,排球大的番茄 |
[02:50] | So you gonna be upstairs? See you in a little while. | 你会在楼上吧?一会儿见 |
[02:52] | – Okay. | – Okay. – 好的 – 好的 |
[02:55] | Maybe I should just get married. | 也许我应该结婚 |
[02:58] | Dating really is getting embarrassing, isn’t it? | 约会越来越让人为难,对吧? |
[03:00] | I know. Whenever I’m on a date, I always feel like people can tell. | 我知道,每当我约会的时 我总是想很能说会道 |
[03:05] | People on dates shouldn’t be allowed out in public. | 约会的人不应该在公共场所 |
[03:07] | It’s embarrassing for them. | 那是很为难 |
[03:10] | It’s painful for us to watch. | 我们看到也会很不爽 |
[03:11] | I’m going out with someone later, I’m not even taking her out. | 我一会儿要跟人出去 我甚至不会把她带出房间 |
[03:14] | – Good for you. – I don’t need people staring at us. | – 很好 – 我不想别人盯着我们 |
[03:18] | You’re telling me. | 你说过的 |
[03:21] | What was that? | 谁啊? |
[03:27] | Gendason. What a jerk. | 甘得森,真是个蠢蛋 |
[03:29] | I’m never playing golf with him again. | 我再也不跟他打高尔夫了 |
[03:33] | – Who? Gendason? – Steve Gendason. | – 谁?甘得森? – 史蒂夫・甘得森 |
[03:36] | Why does that name sound so familiar? | 怎么听上去这么熟悉? |
[03:38] | – He used to be a baseball player. – How’d you end up golfing with him? | – 他曾经是一名棒球运动员 – 你怎么会跟他打高尔夫? |
[03:41] | I met him on the course a couple years ago. | 好几年前我跟他在球场认识的 |
[03:44] | Yeah. Played with him a lot. But today was it. | 跟他玩儿过很多次 但是今天 |
[03:47] | We’re on the 15th hole. | 我们在15号洞 |
[03:50] | He’s beating me by a couple of strokes. | 他几杆球把我击败了 |
[03:52] | Then he’s about to hit his second shot… | 然后他准备打第二击… |
[03:55] | …when he picks up the ball and cleans it. | 然后他捡起球,擦了擦 |
[04:02] | – So what? – Sorry. | – 那怎么了? – 对不起! |
[04:06] | The rules clearly state you cannot clean the ball unless it’s on the green. | 规则明确规定不可以擦球 除非是在草地上 |
[04:10] | – The rules are clear about that. – Certainly are. | – 这点规则上很明确 – 当然 |
[04:12] | – So I penalized him a stroke. – So, what happened? | – 所以我罚了他一杆 – 然后呢? |
[04:16] | He lost it! | 他输了! |
[04:18] | We almost came to blows. | 我们差点打起来 |
[04:20] | We’re face to face, like a manager and an umpire. | 我们怒目相视,像是经理和裁判 |
[04:22] | We’re like, “Hey, what are you talking about?! | “嘿,你在说什么?!” |
[04:25] | – Think I’m gonna put up with that?!” – All right. All right! You’re in my face. | – 你认为我能容忍这个?!” – 好啦,好啦!你都溅我脸上了 |
[04:30] | I don’t see what the big deal is. | 我仍然不知道这有什么大不了 |
[04:32] | Hey, a rule is a rule. And let’s face it, without rules, there’s chaos. | 嘿,规则就是规则 我们必须承认没有规则会是一团糟的 |
[04:40] | I like Anna Quindlen’s column. And Safire. | 我喜欢安娜・昆丁兰的专栏,还有沙费 |
[04:43] | Don’t you like Safire? | 难道你不喜欢沙费? |
[04:45] | Safire. | 沙费 |
[04:47] | Although at times he can be rather pedantic. | 尽管有时他有些书生气 |
[04:49] | He can be pedantic. | He can be pedantic. 他有些书生气,有些书生气 |
[04:52] | And Bob Herbert’s great. | 鲍伯・ 赫伯特的也很棒 |
[04:55] | He worked for the Daily News. | 他在《每日新闻》工作 |
[04:56] | Yes. Yes. You know what’s interesting? | 是,是 你知道那趣事吗? |
[04:59] | The quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons… | 亚特兰大猎鹰队的四分卫… |
[05:03] | …is Bobby Hebert, no R… | …是鲍比・ 哈伯特,没有R… |
[05:07] | …which I find fascinating. | …我觉得很有趣 |
[05:09] | You know, it’s Herbert… | 你知道,是赫伯特… |
[05:11] | …H- E-R-B-E-R-T… | |
[05:14] | …Hebert, H-E-B-E-R-T. | …赫伯特, H-E-B-E-R-T |
[05:19] | Hebert. It’s a fun name to pronounce. Try and say it. Hebert. | 哈伯特,发音很有趣的名字 你试试说,哈伯特 |
[05:23] | Go ahead, take a shot. Hebert. All right. | 继续,试一下,哈伯特,好的 |
[05:26] | – Thanks. I got it. – No. I’d like to pay. | – 谢谢,我来 – 不,我来埋单 |
[05:28] | Now, Julie, Julie, don’t insult me. | 朱莉,朱莉,不要不给面子嘛 |
[05:30] | What difference does it make who pays? It’s meaningless. | 谁埋单有区别吗?这毫无意义 |
[05:33] | – Okay, thanks, George. – Here’s your big salad to go. | – 好的,谢谢啦,乔治 – 这是你的大色拉 |
[05:36] | Oh, thank you. | 噢,谢谢 |
[05:41] | Hello. | 你好 |
[05:43] | No, she’s not here. | 不,她不在 |
[05:46] | Okay, fine. Whatever. | 好的,行,随便 |
[05:48] | Yes, I’ll tell her. | 嗯,我会告诉她 |
[05:50] | Okay, goodbye. | 好的,再见 |
[05:52] | Stationery-store guy called to say he ordered your pencil. | 文具店那家伙说他订好了你要的笔 |
[05:58] | I told you. He has ideas. | 我跟你说过,他有办法的 |
[06:01] | He doesn’t even care if a man answers. | 要是个男的他就不管了 |
[06:03] | Or you. | 或是你 |
[06:06] | – Hey. | – Hey. – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[06:08] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[06:09] | – Sorry we’re late. – It’s no problem. | – 抱歉我们迟了 – 没关系 |
[06:11] | – Here’s your big salad. – Thank you, Julie. | – 这是你的大色拉 – 谢谢,朱莉 |
[06:13] | You’re very welcome. | 不客气 |
[06:16] | So I guess I better get going. | 我想我该走了 |
[06:19] | Meeting Mother at the Guggenheim. You don’t wanna go? | 我要去古根汉姆见我妈,你想去吗? |
[06:21] | No, you Guggenheim. I’m not much of a Guggenheimer. | 不了,你去吧,我不是很感兴趣 |
[06:24] | – You sure? – Yeah, yeah. You go. | – 你确定? – 行,行,你去吧 |
[06:26] | – Okay, I’ll see you later. Bye-bye. – Bye-bye. | – 好的,到时再见了 – 再见 |
[06:35] | Did you see what just happened here? | 你都看到了吧? |
[06:38] | Well, that all depends. | 这得看情况 |
[06:41] | Did you happen to notice that Julie handed the big salad to Elaine? | 你刚刚看到朱莉给伊莲那个大色拉吗? |
[06:45] | – Yeah, so? – Well, she didn’t buy the big salad. | – 是呀,咋了? – 她没有买大色拉 |
[06:48] | I bought the big salad. | 是我买的 |
[06:51] | – Is that a fact? – Yes, it is. | – 是吗? – 是呀 |
[06:53] | She just took credit for my salad. | 她因为我买的色拉而被感谢 |
[06:55] | – That’s not right. – No, it isn’t. | – 这样不对 – 是不对 |
[06:57] | – I’m the one who bought it. – You did. | – 是我买的色拉 – 是的 |
[06:59] | – She should’ve said something. – She could have. | – 她应该说点什么 – 是应该 |
[07:01] | – Oh, I know. – Imagine… | – 噢,我知道了 – 想想… |
[07:03] | …her taking credit for your big salad. | …她因为你买的大色拉而被感谢 |
[07:08] | You buy a big salad for somebody, it would be nice if they knew it. | 你为某人买了一个大色拉 如果对方知道当然很好 |
[07:12] | Obviously. | 显然 |
[07:14] | – Turn on the TV. – What? | – 快开电视 – 什么? |
[07:16] | Put it on. Put it on! | 开电视!开电视! |
[07:18] | Neither the district attorney’s office nor the police department… | 目前为止检查院和警察局… |
[07:22] | … have answered any questions as yet. | …都没有任何答复 |
[07:24] | To repeat, in case you’re just joining us… | 再播报一遍,如果你刚刚收听… |
[07:26] | … former baseball star Steve Gendason has been taken… | …前棒球手史蒂夫・甘得森被带到警局… |
[07:29] | … to police headquarters for questioning… | …就皇家干洗店店主波比・平卡斯 |
[07:31] | … in the murder of Bobby Pinkus, the owner of Royal Dry Cleaners… | 在阿姆斯特丹大街2759号 |
[07:35] | … at 2759 Amsterdam Avenue. | 被杀一案接受警方调查 |
[07:39] | According to Pinkus’ wife… | 据平卡斯的妻子说… |
[07:40] | … Gendason had been involved in a dispute with the cleaner… | …甘得森曾与一名店员产生争执… |
[07:43] | … over a stain on a pair of gray Sansabelt slacks. | …因为他灰色Sansabelt裤子上的污点 |
[07:47] | We also have a report that earlier in the day… | 我们还得知当天早些时候… |
[07:51] | … a groundskeeper at Van Cortlandt golf course… | …一位Van Cortlandt高尔夫球场的看门人… |
[07:53] | … reportedly saw an irate Gendason leaving the clubhouse in a huff. | 看到甘得森十分生气地离开了俱乐部会所… |
[07:58] | Whether there is a possible connection between the two… | 是否两者之间有所联系… |
[08:01] | … is something we’ll just have to wait and find out. | …我们将拭目以待,探寻真相 |
[08:05] | – Jerry. – Well, it had nothing to do with you. | – 杰瑞 – 这跟你没什么关系 |
[08:08] | Yeah, but maybe he was so mad from the penalty stroke… | 但他的生气可能跟那个罚球有关… |
[08:11] | …that he murdered the dry cleaner. | …然后他杀了那个干洗员 |
[08:16] | Generally speaking, you don’t need any extra incentive… | 一般而言,你没有任何附加动机… |
[08:19] | …to murder a dry cleaner. I wouldn’t worry about it. | …去杀死一个干洗员,我觉得你没事的 |
[08:25] | – I like Julie. She’s very personable. – Yeah, she’s lovely. | – 我喜欢朱莉,她很漂亮 – 对,她很可爱 |
[08:30] | – That’s great, George. – Yeah. | – 这很好,乔治 – 嗯 |
[08:40] | – So did you enjoy your lunch? – Yeah. The big salad. | – 你喜欢你的午饭吗? – 嗯,大色拉 |
[08:45] | It was very good. Actually, it was too big. | 非常好,实际那个色拉真的很大 |
[08:51] | – Why? – Oh, no reason. | – 怎么了? – 噢,没什么 |
[08:55] | Because, you know, she handed you the bag. | 因为,是她递给你装色拉的袋子 |
[08:58] | I could have handed you the bag. | 应该是我把色拉给你 |
[09:00] | But she happened to picked it up at the restaurant, even though… | 但她碰巧在餐厅拿到了色拉,即使… |
[09:03] | Even though what? | 即使什么? |
[09:07] | It’s just… | 就是… |
[09:08] | You thanked her, even though… | 你谢了她,即使… |
[09:12] | What’s the difference? | 也没什么… |
[09:14] | What? What are you trying to say, George? | 什么?你想说什么,乔治? |
[09:17] | It’s just that I was the one that actually paid for the big salad. | 就是,我才是真正买色拉的人 |
[09:21] | She just happened to hand it to you. But it’s no big deal. | 她只是碰巧拿给你了,但这也没什么 |
[09:25] | You want the money for the big salad, George? | 你要色拉的钱吗?乔治 |
[09:27] | – No, no. – Then what is your problem? | – 不,不 – 那么你有什么问题? |
[09:29] | There is no problem. | 没事儿 |
[09:33] | Just a small miscommunication whereby you thanked her… | 只是不太能理解你谢了她… |
[09:36] | …instead of the person actually responsible… | …而不是谢真正买了色拉的人 |
[09:38] | …for the purchasing of the big salad. | |
[09:43] | Kramer played golf with him, and Kramer thinks a penalty stroke… | 克莱默跟他一起打高尔夫 然后克莱默认为… |
[09:47] | …may have driven him to it. | …那个罚球导致了他杀人 |
[09:50] | Well, they haven’t even arrested him yet. | 他们还没有抓他呢 |
[09:53] | Come on. Let’s go out. | 来吧,我们出去逛逛 |
[09:55] | No, I don’t think so. | 不,我不想去 |
[09:58] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[09:59] | We don’t need a bunch of people staring at us. | 我们不需要一群人盯着我们看 |
[10:02] | – Who’s staring? – Oh, they’re staring. | – 谁盯着? – 嗯,他们盯着我们 |
[10:05] | They know we’re on a date. They’re making fun. | 他们知道我们约会,拿我们开玩笑 |
[10:07] | Come on. It’s embarrassing. | 这很让人难堪 |
[10:11] | Hello? | 你好 |
[10:13] | No, she’s not here. | 不,她不在 |
[10:16] | Yes, I will tell her. | 好的,我会告诉她 |
[10:18] | No, I don’t know what time she might be coming back. | 不,我不知道她什么时候回来 |
[10:23] | Look, I gotta go. | 我要走了 |
[10:25] | Bye. | 再见 |
[10:27] | That’s… It’s a long story. | 这个…说来话长 |
[10:33] | Hello, Newman. | 你好,纽曼 |
[10:35] | Hello, Jerry. I was wondering if you knew… | 你好,杰瑞,你是否知道… |
[10:37] | …where Kramer was. – No, I don’t. Why? | …克莱默在哪儿? – 不知道,怎么了? |
[10:39] | You know, Gendason. This is something, isn’t it? | 你知道,甘得森有什么问题,对吧? |
[10:42] | – I suppose. – What did Kramer say? | – 可能吧 – 克莱默怎么说? |
[10:45] | – I don’t know. Nothing. – Come on, Jerry. | – 我不知道,没什么 – 拜托,杰瑞 |
[10:48] | You know something. Tell me! Tell me! | 你一定知道什么,告诉我,告诉我吧! |
[10:51] | Oh, Chunkys. | 噢,有糖 |
[10:57] | Margaret? | 玛格丽特? |
[11:02] | – Hello. – You two know each other? | – 你好 – 你们认识? |
[11:05] | You might say that. | 可以这样说 |
[11:09] | We used to go out. | 我们曾经约会过 |
[11:13] | Well, toodle-loo. | 哦,再见 |
[11:17] | Nice seeing you again, Margaret. Bye, Jerry. | 很高兴再次遇见你,玛格丽特 再见,杰瑞 |
[11:20] | Have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[11:30] | You went out with Newman? | 你和纽曼约会过? |
[11:34] | – Just a few times. – Why? | – 仅仅几次 – 为什么? |
[11:39] | – I liked him. – You liked Newman? | – 我喜欢过他 – 你喜欢过纽曼? |
[11:43] | Look, I’m a little uncomfortable talking about this, okay? | 我不是很想讨论这个,行吗? |
[11:46] | No, I’m sorry. I’m just a little curious. Why did you stop seeing him? | 不,抱歉,我只是有点好奇 你为什么又不再见他了呢? |
[11:51] | He ended it. | 他结束的 |
[11:56] | He ended it? | 他结束的? |
[11:58] | Yes. Yes. | 对,是的 |
[12:01] | It was a couple of years ago. Why, does it matter? | 好几年前的事情了,怎么,这很要紧吗? |
[12:04] | No. No, of course not. | 不,不,当然没关系 |
[12:08] | Jerry, they found a tee. | 杰瑞,他们找到了一个球座 |
[12:13] | – What tee? – A golf tee in the dry cleaner. | – 什么球座? – 在干洗员身上有个球座 |
[12:22] | Newman. She went out with Newman. | 纽曼,她和纽曼约会过 |
[12:26] | – It must be a mistake. – No. It isn’t. | – 这一定是个误会 – 不,不是的 |
[12:29] | And the most distressing part is not that she went out with him… | 然而最让人不爽的还不是他俩约会… |
[12:32] | …but that he stopped seeing her. | …而是纽曼先不约她的 |
[12:35] | Do you understand? He, Newman… | 你懂吗?他,纽曼… |
[12:38] | …Newman stopped seeing her. | …纽曼先不约她 |
[12:41] | Newman never stops seeing anybody. | 纽曼从不向任何人停止约会 |
[12:43] | Newman will see whoever is willing to see him. | 纽曼会和任何愿意见他的人约会 |
[12:45] | So the question, then, is not so much why did she see him… | 所以,问题并不在于她为何跟他约会… |
[12:49] | …as disturbing as that is… | …而更加困扰人的是… |
[12:52] | …but why did he, Newman, stop seeing her? | …为什么是纽曼先不约她呢? |
[12:58] | Perhaps there’s more to Newman than meets the eye. | 可能这更多与纽曼有关 |
[13:02] | No. There’s less. | 不,没有 |
[13:07] | – It’s possible. – No, it isn’t. | – 这是可能的 – 不,不是的 |
[13:10] | I’ve looked into his eyes. | 我看透了他 |
[13:12] | He’s pure evil. | 他是个纯粹的恶魔 |
[13:15] | Maybe he’s an enigma. A mystery wrapped in a riddle. | 或许他是一个裹于谜团中的谜中之谜 |
[13:18] | Yeah. He’s a mystery wrapped in a Twinkie. | 是,他是裹在蛋糕里的谜 |
[13:21] | – Can I get you some more coffee? – No, but thank you. | – 您需要咖啡吗? – 不了,谢谢 |
[13:25] | By the way, your stationery-store guy called. He’s got your pencil. | 对了,那个文具店的家伙打电话 说拿到你的笔了 |
[13:29] | You are kidding me. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[13:31] | No. He left the store early, made a special trip to the distributor and got it. | 不 ,他很早就下班 特意去了发货商那儿拿笔 |
[13:35] | I bought one yesterday on 14th Street. | 我昨儿在14大街买到了 |
[13:37] | What did you do that for? He already ordered it. | 你为什么要去买?他已经定购 |
[13:40] | – I wanted to please Mr. Pitt. – You better go down and tell this guy. | – 我想拍皮特的马屁 – 你最好去跟那个家伙说一声 |
[13:43] | – He’s very excited. – Oh, boy. | – 他很兴奋 – 天呀 |
[13:46] | – Oh, hi, Julie. – Hi. | – 噢,你好,朱莉 – 你好 |
[13:48] | – Hi, Julie. – How are you, Elaine? | – 你好,朱莉 – 最近怎样,伊莲? |
[13:50] | – I’m meeting George here. – Well, then I better get going. | – 我跟乔治约在这儿 – 好吧,那我得先走了 |
[13:54] | Otherwise George will make me buy him lunch… | 不然乔治会让我给他买午饭… |
[13:56] | …to make up for that big salad he bought me yesterday. | …就因为他昨天给我买了大色拉 |
[13:59] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的? |
[14:04] | – Who is it? – It’s Jerry. | – 谁呀? – 杰瑞 |
[14:07] | It’s kind of a bad time. Could you come back later? | 真不巧,你能迟点来吗? |
[14:10] | Come on, Newman, open the door! | 快点,纽曼,开门! |
[14:17] | Hello, Jerry. | 你好,杰瑞 |
[14:21] | What a rare treat. What brings you down to the east wing? | 真难得,什么风把你给吹来了? |
[14:24] | Okay, pudgy, let’s stop playing games. What happened with Margaret? | 好啦,伙计,别开玩笑了 你跟玛格丽特是怎么回事? |
[14:27] | Don’t get excited. Can’t we discuss this like gentlemen? | 别激动,我们能绅士点儿吗? |
[14:30] | No, we can’t. My skin is crawling just being inside your little rat’s nest. | 不能,在你这个破屋子里 我都起鸡皮疙瘩 |
[14:36] | – Now, what happened? – You wanna know what happened? | – 究竟怎么回事? – 你想知道怎么了? |
[14:39] | I’ll tell you what happened. | 我会告诉你怎么了 |
[14:41] | She wasn’t my type. | 她不是我喜欢的类型 |
[14:44] | – Not your type? – Not really. | – 不是你喜欢的类型? – 不是 |
[14:47] | – Well, how come? – She just didn’t do it for me. | – 怎么会? – 她只是不符合我的胃口 |
[14:51] | – What is wrong with her? – Well, if you’re happy with her… | – 她做错什么了? – 只要你和她在一起开心… |
[14:56] | …that’s all that matters. | …才是最重要的 |
[14:59] | – You don’t think she’s attractive? – No. | – 你不觉得她很迷人吗? – 不 |
[15:03] | I need a really pretty face. | 我需要一个相当漂亮的脸蛋 |
[15:05] | But, hey, that’s me. | 但是,嘿,我就这样 |
[15:09] | Okay, Newman. Thanks a lot. | 好的,纽曼,多谢了 |
[15:12] | – Care for some lemonade? – No, thank you. | – 喝点儿柠檬水吗? – 不了,谢谢 |
[15:14] | Drop by anytime, Jerry. | 随时欢迎光临,杰瑞 |
[15:21] | Jerry. All right, now, listen to this. | 好吧,杰瑞,听听这个 |
[15:24] | “If a player cleans his ball during play of a hole… | “一个球员在打一个洞的过程中擦球…” |
[15:28] | …except on the putting green, he shall incur a penalty of one stroke.” | …除非在草地上,他将被罚一杆” |
[15:32] | – That’s the rule. – It’s just a friendly game. | – 这是规则 – 这只是场友谊赛 |
[15:35] | – Why are you always such a stickler? – That’s the way I was raised. | – 为什么你总是这么钻牛角尖 – 我就是这么长大的 |
[15:39] | When I was growing up, I had to be in bed every night by 9:00. | 当我还是小孩的时候 我一定每天晚上9点睡觉 |
[15:42] | And if I wasn’t… Well, I don’t have to tell you what happened. | 如果我不的话… 我不会告你会怎样 |
[15:48] | What are you so worried about this for? | 为什么你这么担心这个? |
[15:51] | You know he talked about Pinkus on the course? | 你知道吗,他在球场提到了平卡斯 |
[15:53] | – He did? – Oh, yeah. | – 是吗? – 确实 |
[15:54] | He said he brought his pants to Pinkus’, and they came back stained… | 他说他把他的裤子拿去给 平卡斯洗,但拿回来时仍然是脏的… |
[15:58] | …with some kind of dry-cleaning fluid. | …上面有干洗液的痕迹 |
[16:00] | And Pinkus denied responsibility. | 平卡斯否认了 |
[16:03] | You see? He was very upset at Pinkus. | 你了解了?他很不爽平卡斯 |
[16:05] | So it had nothing to do with you. | 这还是与你无关 |
[16:07] | Yeah, but maybe I pushed him over the edge. | 是,但可能是我把他激怒的 |
[16:09] | – No, I don’t think so. – Poor Pinkus. | – 不,我不这么认为 – 可怜的平卡斯 |
[16:13] | Poor little Pinkus. | 可怜的平卡斯 |
[16:17] | Hey, let me ask you a question. | 嘿,我来问你一个问题 |
[16:19] | You met Margaret. You think Margaret’s good-looking? | 你见过玛格丽特,你觉得她漂亮吗? |
[16:22] | She’s a natural beauty. No makeup? I like that. | 她是自然美,没有化妆?我喜欢 |
[16:26] | Yeah. And the curls? You like the curls? | 那她的卷发呢?你喜欢卷发吗? |
[16:28] | – Oh, I love curls. – Yeah. Yeah, me too. | – 噢,我喜欢卷发 – 是,是,我也是 |
[16:32] | – I’ll see you later. – Where you going? | – 一会儿见 – 你去哪儿? |
[16:34] | – Gendason’s. – You’re going to see Gendason? | – 甘得森家 – 你要去见甘得森? |
[16:36] | It’s weighing on my conscience. | 我良心过不去 |
[16:41] | I think I could have played with dolls if there were dolls in the house. | 我想我应该和漂亮女孩多相处 如果这里有的话 |
[16:46] | It seems like fun to me. | 似乎很有趣 |
[16:47] | It doesn’t seem like a gender thing. I think I would like to play with dolls. | 这与性别无关,我觉得我喜欢漂亮女孩 |
[16:52] | What’s so terrible? | 这很可怕吗? |
[16:55] | So, George, I was talking to Elaine before… | 乔治,我刚刚和伊莲聊过… |
[16:57] | We’re just friends. | 我们只是朋友 |
[17:00] | Yes, well, anyway, she said something that was kind of intriguing. | 是,好吧,她说了些有趣的事儿 |
[17:04] | Share. | 说说 |
[17:06] | Well, when I came over to the table, she mentioned something… | 当我到她那儿的时候,她提到… |
[17:09] | …about how she’d better hurry up and leave or you’d make her buy lunch… | …她要赶快离开,否则你会让她买午餐 |
[17:13] | …to make up for the one you bought yesterday. | …来弥补昨天你买的 |
[17:17] | I’m not following. | 我不理解 |
[17:20] | Well, my question is, how could Elaine be under the impression… | 好吧,我的问题是 |
[17:24] | …that you bought the big salad… | 伊莲怎么知道是你买的色拉… |
[17:26] | …when I was the one that handed it to her? | …当时是我给她的 |
[17:30] | Well, she probably just assumed. | 她可能是猜的吧 |
[17:33] | Did she? | 是吗? |
[17:38] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[17:40] | Are you suggesting that I went out of my way to tell Elaine… | 你认为是我去告诉伊莲… |
[17:44] | …that even though you handed her the big salad, that it came from me? | …尽管是你给她的色拉,但是我买的? |
[17:48] | That’s what I’m suggesting. | 正是 |
[17:52] | Well, it was a big salad. | 那可是一个大色拉 |
[17:55] | And what I would like to know is how does a person… | 我想知道怎么有这样的人… |
[17:58] | …who has virtually nothing to do with the big salad… | …她事实上与其无关… |
[18:01] | …claim responsibility for that salad… | …但确声称是自己买的色拉… |
[18:04] | …and accept a thank-you under false pretenses? | …并用欺诈骗来感谢? |
[18:10] | George, all I did was hand someone a bag. | 乔治,我做的只是递一个包装 |
[18:19] | It’s just that my boss is very demanding… | 因为我的老板太着急… |
[18:22] | …and he needed the pencil right away. | …要立刻用那支铅笔 |
[18:24] | Well, why did you tell me to order it if you knew… | 那你为什么在知道你要去别处买… |
[18:27] | …you were going to get one someplace else? | …还要我来订购? |
[18:30] | No, I didn’t know. I’m sorry. | 不,我不知道,对不起 |
[18:33] | I went all the way down to the warehouse. | 我走了好远去仓库 |
[18:35] | It took me three hours. | 花了我3个小时 |
[18:37] | I had a big fight with the foreman. | 我还和工头吵了起来 |
[18:40] | Really? A fight with the foreman? | 是吗?和工头吵了起来? |
[18:43] | – Yes. – Well, again, I’m just awfully sorry. | – 是 – 好吧,我十分抱歉 |
[18:49] | Yeah? | 真的? |
[18:52] | Well, then how about going out with me? | 那跟我出去约会怎么样? |
[18:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:02] | I mean, they found a tee. And he played golf that day. | 我的意思是,他们找到了一个球座 而他刚好在那天打高尔夫了 |
[19:05] | Nobody walks into a dry cleaners’ with a tee. | 没人会带着球座去干洗店 |
[19:08] | The circumstantial evidence is overwhelming. | 这是明显的证据 |
[19:12] | You had how many dates with him? Three? | 你跟他约过几次会? 3次? |
[19:16] | Around three. I don’t know. | 差不多3次,我不知道 |
[19:19] | And? | 然后? |
[19:22] | I told you, he stopped calling me. | 我跟你说过,他不再约我了 |
[19:24] | I moved on. I’m not hung up on him. | 我的生活照旧,我并没有被他迷住 |
[19:31] | – What are you looking at? – What? I’m not looking. Nothing. | – 你在看什么? – 什么?我没看什么 |
[19:35] | Why are you looking at my face? | 你为什么盯着我脸看? |
[19:38] | Where am I gonna look? | 那我该看哪儿? |
[19:41] | Kiss me. | 亲我 |
[19:52] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[19:59] | Newman. | 纽曼 |
[20:04] | Newman ruined it. All I could think of… | 纽曼毁了这一切,我满脑子都是… |
[20:06] | …when I was looking at her face was, “Newman found this unacceptable.” | …当我看着她的脸的时候 “纽曼觉得不合适” |
[20:11] | I’m going out with the stationery-store guy. | 我要和那个文具店的家伙出去 |
[20:15] | You’re going out with the stationery-store guy? | 你要和那个文具店的家伙出去? |
[20:18] | I felt so guilty about the pencil I couldn’t say no. | 我对于那支笔深感歉意 我无法拒绝 |
[20:26] | Well, well, well. | 好吧,好吧,好吧 |
[20:29] | I’m not treating you to lunch anymore! | 我再也不会请你午餐了! |
[20:33] | You had to tell Julie that I made a special point of telling you… | 你一定要告诉朱莉 我特意告诉你… |
[20:37] | …that I bought you the big salad, didn’t you? | …是我买的色拉吗? |
[20:41] | You know, if it was a regular salad, I wouldn’t have said anything. | 你知道,如果是一个普通的色拉 我什么也不会说 |
[20:45] | But you had to have the big salad! | 但是这是一个大色拉! |
[20:53] | Hello? | 喂? |
[20:55] | What? | 什么? |
[20:57] | You’re kidding. | 你开玩笑 |
[20:59] | I’m turning it on. | 我正在开电视 |
[21:00] | Oh, my God, get out of here. | 噢,天呀,离开这儿 |
[21:04] | Hey, listen to this. They issued a warrant for Gendason’s arrest. | 嘿,听听,他们发布了甘得森的逮捕令 |
[21:07] | He escaped, and the police spotted him on the New Jersey Turnpike. | 他逃脱了 警察在新泽西收费站看到了他 |
[21:11] | As you can see, he’s in a white Ford Bronco. | 正如你们所见 他正在辆福特野马里 |
[21:15] | The police have cleared the highway traffic in front… | 警方已经把前方道路封锁 |
[21:18] | … but they are keeping their distance. | 但他们仍保持距离 |
[21:19] | They don’t want this situation to escalate. | 他们不想局势恶化 |
[21:22] | And we have gotten an identification on the driver of the vehicle. | 我们得到了这辆车的信息 |
[21:26] | His name is Kramer… | 车主叫克莱默 |
[21:28] | … and he’s reportedly one of Gendason’s golfing buddies. | 据报道他是甘得森的高尔夫球友 |
[21:34] | 911, what are you reporting? | 911,你有什么要说? |
[21:36] | Yeah, this is Kramer. I got Gendason in the car. | 是的,我是克莱默,甘得森在我车上 |
[21:39] | Now, he wants to see his fish. | 他现在想去看他的鱼 |
[21:40] | I’m taking him to see his fish, so tell the police to back off. | 我带他去看他的鱼,所以先让警察撤退 |
[21:44] | Okay, sir. And what’s your name? | 好的,先生 你叫什么名字? |
[21:47] | My name is Kramer. You know who I am, damn it! | 我叫克莱默 你知道我是谁,可恶! |
[21:51] | – I told you not to take the turnpike. – I thought we would blend in. | – 我跟你说别走收费站 – 我以为我们能混进去 |
[21:55] | If you took the Palisades, this wouldn’t happen. | 如果你走栅栏那儿就不会这样了 |
[21:57] | – Then we would’ve had bridge traffic. – Just drive. | – 那我们就得走桥路了 – 尽管开车吧 |
[22:08] | To me, murder doesn’t even really seem like that great of a revenge. | 对我来说,谋杀并不是一种很好的报复 |
[22:12] | Wouldn’t years of subtle psychological mind games be a lot more satisfying? | 几年精心设计的心理游戏 不是更令人满意? |
[22:17] | Constantly calling them and hanging up when they pick up the phone. | 经常给他们打电话,他们一接就挂掉 |
[22:20] | Sending pizzas and taxis to their house all night long. | 整晚得给他们家送比萨和 叫出租车来骚扰 |
[22:24] | After a while they go, “I wish this guy would kill me. I can’t take it anymore!” | 过段时间他们会说 “我宁愿他把我杀了,我再也受不了了!” |
[22:30] | How come when the police catch some really bad criminal… | 为何警察抓到一些十分坏的罪犯时… |
[22:32] | …they put him in the handcuffs, hit him with the baton… | …会把他们铐住,用警棍打他们… |
[22:35] | …put the chokehold on him, but then they don’t want him to hurt his head… | …掐他们到窒息,但他们又不想伤到他们… |
[22:39] | …when they’re putting him in the patrol car. | …当把他们押解进警车的时候还说 |
[22:41] | “Watch your head. Don’t hit that metal edge there. That really hurts.” | “小心你的头,别撞着 金属栏,很疼的” |