时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | It seems like whenever people call you in for a meeting… | 看起来好像无时无刻都有人找你开会… |
[00:06] | …it’s all about sitting down. ”I would really like to sit down with you.” | …让我们坐下来谈,“我很愿意跟你一起讨论” |
[00:10] | ”I think we need to sit down and talk.” | “我想我们得坐下来好好谈谈” |
[00:12] | ”Why don’t you come in and we’ll sit down?” | “为什么你不进来和我们坐在一起呢?” |
[00:15] | Sometimes sitting doesn’t work. People get mad at the sitting. | 当人们无所事事的坐着的时候 有时候会感到恼火 |
[00:18] | ”You know, we’ve been sitting here for I don’t know how long. | “你看,我们已经在这里坐了不知道多长时间了 |
[00:21] | How much longer are we just gonna sit here?” | 我们还要在这里坐多久呢? |
[00:25] | I’ll tell you what I think we should do. I think we should all sleep on it. | 我告诉你们我们应该做些什么 我想我们应该去睡觉 |
[00:29] | Maybe we’re not getting down low enough. | 也许我们躺的不够舒服 |
[00:32] | Maybe if we all lie down, then our brains will work. | 也许我们躺下了,脑子却还在工作 |
[00:42] | I can’t eat this without ketchup. | 没有番茄酱我吃不了 |
[00:47] | Would it kill her to check up on us? Would that be a terrible thing? | 仔细核对下难道会让她死掉么? 难道这是一个很恐怖的事情? |
[00:50] | ”How’s everything? You need anything? What can I do for you?” | “一切还好么?你还需要什么? 我能为你做什么吗?” |
[00:53] | -I know what you mean. -Do you? | – 我知道你的意思 – 是么? |
[00:55] | It’s like going out with someone and not hearing back. | 好像被某人抛弃了一样并且一去不回头 |
[00:57] | -Same thing. -Not really, but it’s something. | – 正确 – 不完全是,但是这确实是个问题 |
[01:01] | Ask the people behind you. | 问问你背后的人 |
[01:04] | Excuse me. Are you using your ketchup? | 你好,你用你的番茄酱么? |
[01:09] | What do you think? You wanna give him the ketchup? | 你怎么想?你愿意把番茄酱给他吗? |
[01:12] | It’s up to you. | 你决定 |
[01:15] | You know what? I don’t think so. I’m gonna need it from time to time. | 你知道么?我不这么想,我需要它来打发时间 |
[01:25] | You wanna go to the movies? | 你想去看电影吗? |
[01:26] | What for? | 去干嘛? |
[01:28] | To see a movie. | 去看电影 |
[01:30] | -I’ve been to the movies. -Not this movie. | – 我很愿意去看电影 – 但是不是这部 |
[01:32] | They’re all the same. | 他们也一样 |
[01:33] | You go, you sit, you eat popcorn, you watch. | 你走进去,坐下,吃爆米花,看电影 |
[01:36] | I’m sick of it. | 我讨厌这个 |
[01:38] | -Did you take a shower today? -Yeah. | – 你今天洗澡了么? – 是的 |
[01:40] | That’s the kind of mood I’m in when I haven’t showered. | 这是我没洗澡才会有的情绪 |
[01:43] | When is it gonna be my turn, Jerry? | 对我来说不是这样,杰瑞 |
[01:45] | When do I get my 1 5 minutes? | 我能得到自己的15分钟么? |
[01:46] | -I want my 1 5 minutes. -Oh, quit complaining. | – 我想要我自己的一点时间 – 哦,再别抱怨了吧 |
[01:49] | -You have your health. -Health’s not good enough. | – 你拥有健康 – 没那么健康 |
[01:51] | I want more than health. | 我想要更好一些 |
[01:53] | Health’s not doing it for me anymore. I’m sick of health. | 直到现在健康并没有带给我什么,我讨厌健康 |
[01:56] | All right, we’re done. You can have it now. | 好吧,你赢了,这个给你 |
[01:59] | Oh, very gracious. | 哦,多么崇高 |
[02:10] | -Nice day. -Yeah. | – 今天真不错 – 是的 |
[02:12] | What is that? | 那是谁? |
[02:14] | -Hey, Jo Jo. -Hey, hey. | – 你好,乔乔 – 你好,你好 |
[02:16] | Hey. | 你好 |
[02:20] | -All right, thanks for the ride, Kramer. -No, thank you. | – 谢谢让我搭车,克莱默 – 不,谢谢你 |
[02:23] | -So, what are you doing? -Nothing. | – 你们在做什么? – 没干什么 |
[02:24] | -Come on, let’s go to the beach. -Are you crazy? | – 上车,我们去海滩 – 你疯了么? |
[02:27] | -No, it’s a beautiful day. -Have a good time. | – 没,今天天气很好 – 玩的愉快 |
[02:29] | Yeah, there’s something in the air today. | 是的,哪里有什么东西在天上 |
[02:32] | Can you feel it? There’s something in the air. | 你能感觉到?有什么东西在天上 |
[02:34] | You know you’re turning into Burt Lancaster? | 你知道你正在拐弯去伯特兰・卡斯特? |
[02:37] | Yeah, there’s something in the air. | 是的,有什么东西在天上 |
[02:41] | Oh, I forgot to call Jill. | 哦,我忘记叫吉尔了 |
[02:46] | Jill. Hi, it’s Elaine. | 吉尔,你好,我是伊莲 |
[02:48] | How is your father? ls everything okay? | 你爸爸怎么样了?一切都好吧? |
[02:52] | What? | 什么? |
[02:54] | I can’t hear you so good. There’s a lot of static. | 我听不清楚,这里杂音太大了 |
[02:57] | Wha–? I’m gonna call you back. | 什么?我会再打给你的 |
[03:01] | Jill’s father is in the hospital, and you call to ask about him on a cell phone? | 吉尔的父亲住院了,然后你打他私人电话询问? |
[03:05] | -What? No good? -Faux pas. | – 什么?不好么? – 很不好 |
[03:07] | -Faux pas? -Big, hefty, stinking… | – 不好? – 大,重而且还发臭… |
[03:09] | -…faux pas. -Why? | – …非常不好 – 为什么? |
[03:12] | You can’t make a health inquiry on a cell phone. | 你不能通过电话询问健康问题 |
[03:14] | It’s like saying, ”I don’t wanna take up my important time at home. | 这跟你说 “我不想把我的重要时间花费在家里 |
[03:17] | I’ll get it out of the way on the street.” | 我将把时间用在街上一样 |
[03:19] | And the street cell phone call is the lowest phone call you can make. | 而且在街上打电话是你能打的最烂的电话了 |
[03:23] | It’s an act of total disregard. It’s selfish. | 这是一种不尊重别人的行为,很自私的行为 |
[03:25] | -It’s dismissive. -It’s pompous. | – 这是蔑视的 – 这是轻浮的 |
[03:27] | Why don’t you think before you do something? | 为什么在做什么事之前多想想呢? |
[03:31] | Here’s a thought. | 我有个想法 |
[03:34] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[03:37] | Too much? | 过了? |
[03:44] | Boy, I’m really surprised at Elaine. | 伙计,我真的对伊莲很吃惊 |
[03:47] | You know, that whole phone business. | 你知道的,整个关于电话的事 |
[03:49] | She should know better than that. | 她应该知道比那更好的 |
[03:53] | -Hey, hey, hey. -What? | – 嗨,嗨,嗨 – 怎么了? |
[03:56] | Where do you think this relationship is? | 你认为这种关系是什么? |
[04:00] | lf you are thinking of instituting an open door urination policy… | 你是否开始考虑有关一个开放的撒尿政策… |
[04:04] | …let me disabuse you of that notion right now, my friend. | …现在让我们纠正你的这种观念,我的朋友 |
[04:08] | -You’re so uptight. -Yeah, I’m uptight. | – 你是如此的暴躁 – 是的,我是容易生气 |
[04:10] | Let’s all just have a big pee party. | 这仅仅是一个很大的尿尿聚会 |
[04:14] | Hey, everybody, grab a bucket. We’re going up to Jerry’s. | 这里,每个人,拿一个桶,我们跟杰瑞一起做 |
[04:17] | It’s a pee party. | 这是一个小便聚会 |
[04:23] | Jerry, this is Elizabeth Clark… | 杰瑞,我是伊丽莎白・克拉克… |
[04:25] | …calling from James Kimbrough’s office at NBC. | 我从广播公司詹姆斯・金布罗的办公室打来的 |
[04:27] | Could you please give us a call? Thanks. | 你能给我回个电话么?谢谢 |
[04:37] | Hello. Hi. This is Jerry Seinfeld… | 你好,我是杰瑞・宋飞… |
[04:38] | …calling for James Kimbrough. | …从詹姆斯・金布罗打来的 |
[04:41] | Hello? | 你好? |
[04:43] | Hi. | 你好 |
[04:46] | Really? | 真的? |
[04:49] | No problem. Definitely. | 没问题,相当明确 |
[04:51] | Okay. Bye-bye. | 好的,再见 |
[04:56] | -That was James Kimbrough. -Who’s he? | – 刚才是詹姆斯・金布罗 – 她是谁? |
[04:59] | He is the new president of NBC. | 他是广播公司的新总裁 |
[05:02] | He wants to sit down with us and talk about Jerry. | 他想和我们谈谈杰瑞 |
[05:05] | -Our show, Jerry? -Right. | – 我们的演出,杰瑞? – 是的 |
[05:07] | Jerry? Oh, my God… | 杰瑞?哦,天哪… |
[05:08] | -…he wants to talk about Jerry? -Yeah. | – …他想谈杰瑞? – 是的 |
[05:10] | -When? -Today, like right now. | – 什么时候? – 今天,好像是现在 |
[05:12] | Right now? | 现在? |
[05:13] | –Jerry? –Jerry. | – 杰瑞? – 杰瑞? |
[05:15] | -He wants to talk about Jerry? -He wants to talk about Jerry. | – 他想谈瑞? – 他想谈杰瑞? |
[05:17] | –Jerry. | –Jerry. – 杰瑞? – 杰瑞? |
[05:18] | -Can I go like this? -Sure. | – 我能这样去吗? – 当然 |
[05:20] | No sports jacket? I don’t need one? Writers wear sports jackets. | 不用运动夹克?我不需要一件? 作家穿着运动夹克 |
[05:23] | -Forget it. -I won’t feel like a writer. | – 忘掉这个吧 – 我不想感觉像个作家 |
[05:25] | -You’re not a writer. -Right. | – 你不是作家 – 是的 |
[05:36] | Water. | 水 |
[05:39] | Need some water. | 需要些水 |
[05:42] | Water here. | 倒杯水 |
[05:44] | Okay, now, listen. I don’t want any scenes in here like the last time. | 好的,听着 我不想任何情况弄的好像上次一样 |
[05:48] | -Don’t worry. No scenes. -Don’t blow this. | – 别担心,不会有什么情况的 – 别像那样喘气 |
[05:50] | I will not blow this. | 我不会的 |
[05:51] | lf he says he doesn’t want it to be a show about nothing, don’t go nuts. | 如果他说不想要一个无内容的节目,不要发疯 |
[05:55] | -lt doesn’t have to be. -He might not want nothing. | – 那没有必要 – 他可能什么都不想做 |
[05:57] | Something, nothing. I could care less. | 有,没有,我根本不放在心上 |
[05:59] | He might want a show about everything. | 他也许想要一个包含很多的节目 |
[06:01] | Anything. Everything. Something. Nothing. Who the hell cares? | 任何事,每件事,一些事,没事,谁关心这些? |
[06:04] | -Put me down. I’m down. -All right. | – 放过我吧,我放弃 – 好吧 |
[06:07] | Mr. Kimbrough is ready to see you. | 金布罗先生已经准备好见你们了 |
[06:10] | -Magic time. -What? | – 奇妙的时间 – 什么? |
[06:14] | Mr. Kimbrough. | 金布罗先生 |
[06:15] | -Hey, Jerry. -Hello. | – 你好,杰瑞 – 你好 |
[06:17] | Hey, hey, hey. | 嗨,嗨,嗨 |
[06:18] | -How you been? -Good. You remember George. | – 你怎么样? – 挺好,你记得乔治 |
[06:21] | -George, good to see you. -Hello, Stu. | – 乔治,很高兴见到你 – 你好,Stu |
[06:23] | You remember Jay Crespi. | 你记得杰伊・克莱斯皮 |
[06:24] | Jay Crespi. I’m gonna forget Jay Crespi, huh? | 杰伊・克莱斯皮 我都快忘记杰伊・克莱斯皮了,哈? |
[06:28] | -This is James Kimbrough. -Nice to meet you. | – 这位是詹姆斯・金布罗 – 很高兴见到你 |
[06:30] | -Thanks for coming in. -Kimbrough. | – 欢迎你的到来 – 金布罗 |
[06:32] | -Don’t spell. -K-l-M-B-R-O-U-G-H. | – 别拼写 |
[06:36] | -That’s right. -Yeah. It’s a talent I have. | – 正确 – 是的,我是一个天才 |
[06:39] | Why don’t we sit down? I’m glad you’re here. | 为什么我们不坐下谈呢?我很高兴你们的到来 |
[06:42] | Some day out there, huh? | 有些日子了,嘿? |
[06:43] | Did you ever see weather like that? | 你从来没看过这样的天气吧 |
[06:45] | It’s crisp. | 如此清脆 |
[06:47] | It’s Crespi-crisp. | 这就是Crespi(美国一个品牌)脆皮 |
[06:48] | Shut up, George. | 住口,乔治 |
[06:50] | Can I get you anything? | 我能打听个事吗? |
[06:51] | What do we have in the fruit department? | 我们能在水果部门得到什么? |
[06:54] | Pineapple. | 菠萝 |
[06:55] | That’s a dangerous fruit. It’s like a weapon, that thing. | 那是一种危险的水果,它就像一种武器那样 |
[06:58] | Got spikes on the end. Get killed from one of those things. | 得到一些刺,得到一些谋杀 |
[07:03] | Anyway, let me tell you why I called. | 总之,让我们谈谈为什么叫你们来这 |
[07:05] | When I took over here, I reviewed what was in development… | 当我来这里后我回顾了我们的发展历程… |
[07:08] | …and it was pretty much same old. | …并且,和他几乎一样的老 |
[07:10] | Been there, done that. | 在这里,做那样的事 |
[07:12] | Right. I was looking for something different. Something that would have… | 对,我曾找过他们的不同,一些可能会有的… |
[07:15] | -…people talking at the water coolers. -Water coolers? | – …人们谈论的水冷器 – 水冷器? |
[07:18] | We call it a water-cooler show. | 我们称呼它为水冷器表演 |
[07:21] | Because the next day, people gather around the water coolers… | 因为明天,人们会聚集在冷水的旁… |
[07:24] | …to talk about it, right? | …去谈论它,是吗? |
[07:27] | I would think people would talk about it at the coffee machines. | 我认为人们会谈论咖啡机 |
[07:30] | Well, it’s probably just easier to say water-cooler show… | 好吧,这些可能谈论冷水表演… |
[07:33] | …than coffee-machine show. | …比咖啡机表演容易一些 |
[07:35] | It’s really not accurate. | 这不是很精确 |
[07:36] | Nobody drinks from a water cooler anymore, they use bottles. | 没有人从冷水器里喝水,他们会用杯子 |
[07:39] | But I think Mr. Kimbrough makes a good point. | 但是我认为金布罗先生的观点不错 |
[07:42] | Anyway, Stu here started telling me about a show, Jerry… | 总之,stu到这里来告诉我了一个节目,杰瑞… |
[07:46] | …that he developed five years ago. | 开始于5年前 |
[07:48] | I have always loved it. | 我一直很喜欢它 |
[07:50] | He said it was a show about nothing. | 他说这个表演什么都不是 |
[07:52] | So I saw the pilot, and I’ve gotta tell you… | 所以我看到飞行员,并且我必须告诉你… |
[07:56] | …l flipped out. | 我为之疯狂 |
[07:57] | He totally flipped out. | 他完全疯掉了 |
[07:59] | What I wanna do is put it on the air. Thirteen episode commitment. | 我想做的就是将这个播放出来,13集的承诺 |
[08:03] | Start it off on Wednesday night, build an audience. | 在周三晚上的开始,吸引观众 |
[08:06] | This show needs time to grow. | 这个表演需要时间去准备 |
[08:08] | I love that Kramer guy. | 我喜欢克莱默这家伙 |
[08:10] | He’s a little off-the-wall. | 他有点疯狂 |
[08:11] | -Oh, yeah, off-the-wall. -Kramer. | – 哦,是的,疯狂 – 克莱默 |
[08:13] | And Elaine, I wouldn’t mind seeing something happening between you. | 伊莲,我不会介意你们之间发生什么 |
[08:16] | -Definitely. -I tell you, l– | – 肯定的 – 我告诉你,我– |
[08:18] | I really don’t think so-called relationship humor… | 我真的不认为这种关系很幽默… |
[08:22] | …is what this show’s all about. | …这个表演所表现的全部 |
[08:24] | Or we can not do the show altogether. How about that? | 也许我们不能一起做这个节目,你认为如何? |
[08:27] | Or we could get them together. | 或者,我们可以让他们聚在一起 |
[08:45] | Jill. Hi, it’s Elaine. | 吉尔,你好,我是伊莲 |
[08:48] | Yeah, well, I’m calling from my home. | 哦,好的,我从家打的电话 |
[08:50] | lndoors. | 在室内 |
[08:54] | Well– Well, I was just calling to see how your fath– | 好吧,好吧,我打电话是想问问你父亲– |
[08:59] | I’m sorry, I’m getting another call. Hang on just a second. | 很抱歉,我得接另外一个电话,等一下 |
[09:02] | -Hello. -Hi, Elaine, it’s me. | – 你好 – 你好,伊莲,是我 |
[09:05] | -I’m on the other line. –This is an emergency. | – 我有另外一个电话 – 这是一个紧急情况 |
[09:07] | Get off the phone. | 先挂了电话 |
[09:10] | I’m sorry, Jill. | 很抱歉,吉尔 |
[09:11] | I’m gonna have to take this call. | 我必须去接这个电话 |
[09:14] | Jerry, what’s the emergency? | 杰瑞,什么紧急情况? |
[09:16] | Jerry’s back on, the TV show. | 杰瑞可以重返电视节目了 |
[09:18] | George and I are moving to California. | 乔治和我准备移居加利福尼亚 |
[09:20] | That’s the emergency? | 这就是紧急情况? |
[09:22] | -Did you hear what I said? -I was on the other line talking to Jill. | – 你有没有听到我说什么? – 我刚才在和吉尔谈话 |
[09:26] | Jill? Well, why didn’t you say so? | 吉尔?好的,你为什么刚才不说? |
[09:28] | You said it was an emergency. | 你说这是一个紧急状况 |
[09:30] | So now she’s lost a phone face-off? | 所以她挂掉了一个电话会议? |
[09:33] | That’s even worse than your cell phone walk-and-talk. | 这比你用手机边走边说更糟糕 |
[09:39] | Congratulations. They’re doing the show. | 恭喜,他们现在在做这个节目 |
[09:42] | They should have put that show on five years ago. | 他们应该5年前就上映这个节目 |
[09:44] | Bunch of idiots at that network. | 一群白痴在电台 |
[09:46] | Can I tell you something, Jerry? | 我能告诉你件事吗,杰瑞? |
[09:48] | It’s all crap on TV. | 电视上都是屁话 |
[09:50] | The only thing I watch is X ena: The Warrior Princess. | 我唯一看的节目是《战神公主西娜》 |
[09:53] | She must be about 6’6”. | 她一定是6“6” |
[09:54] | She’s not 6’6”. | 她不是6 6 |
[09:57] | -Jerry, you ever watch that? -Yeah, it’s pretty good. | – 杰瑞,你以前曾经看过? – 是的,那个很棒 |
[10:01] | They picked up the show? | 他们挑选了这个节目? |
[10:02] | I’m moving to California. | 我要搬去加利福尼亚 |
[10:04] | Oh, baby doll, this kid’s going places. I told you. | 噢,宝贝,这孩子要去哪里了我告诉过你 |
[10:07] | The NBC guy liked it? | NBC那些人喜欢它? |
[10:09] | -Of course he liked it. -He told you he liked it? | – 当然,他喜欢它 – 他告诉你他喜欢它? |
[10:12] | He wouldn’t put it on if he didn’t like it. | 如果他不喜欢这个,他不会挑选上这个节目的 |
[10:15] | Well, what are you doing? | 呃,你在做什么? |
[10:16] | -I’m writing. -You know how to write? | – 我在写作 – 你知道怎么写吗? |
[10:19] | Without the writing, you have nothing. You make them look good. | 没有了写作,你有什么也没有了 你写的让他们看起来很好 |
[10:22] | Since when do you know how to write? | 你什么时候开始知道怎么写的? |
[10:24] | -I never saw you write anything. -Ma. | – 我从来没看过你写的任何东西 – 妈 |
[10:27] | I don’t know how you’re gonna write all those shows. | 我不知道你是怎么把些节目都写下来的 |
[10:30] | And where are you gonna get all the ideas? | 而且你从哪里得到的这些点子? |
[10:33] | Would you leave him alone? You’ll shatter his confidence. | 你能让他一个人待着吗?你打碎了他的自信 |
[10:36] | I don’t need any ideas. It’s a show about nothing. | 我不需要任何点子,这个表演什么都没有 |
[10:39] | Nothing, please. I’ll tell you the truth. | 什么都没有,天,我来告诉你真相 |
[10:41] | The whole thing sounds pretty stupid to me. | 对我来说这所有的事情听起来很愚蠢 |
[10:48] | NBC is letting me use their private jet? | NBC让我使用他们的飞机? |
[10:51] | And I can go anywhere I want? | 并且我可以去任何我想去的地方? |
[10:54] | That is fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[10:56] | Thanks. Yeah. | 谢了,耶 |
[10:58] | Great. Okay, bye. | 非常好,好的,再见 |
[11:00] | Oh, hey. | 哦,你好 |
[11:01] | Hey. How was the beach? | 嗨,海滩怎么样? |
[11:03] | You missed it, buddy. Lot of femeninas. | 你错过了,伙计,许多的女权人士 |
[11:05] | Some major femeninas. | 一些主要的女权人士 |
[11:07] | Had a little meeting today at NBC. | 今天在NBC举行集会 |
[11:12] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[11:14] | You know, I went swimming. I can’t get this water out of my ear. | 我想去游泳 我不能让一些水从我的耳朵里出来 |
[11:17] | So do you remember five years ago, we did that pilot, Jerry? | 你记得5年前,我们做的那个飞行员,杰瑞? |
[11:20] | Well, the new guy at NBC wants to do it. | 好的,NBC的新人们想要这个 |
[11:23] | They’re putting it on the air. They’re giving us a 1 3 episode commitment. | 他们让这个节目上映,给了我们13集的保证 |
[11:27] | George and I are moving to California. | 乔治和我准备搬去加州 |
[11:30] | You’re moving to California? | 你们准备去加州? |
[11:32] | Yeah, but only for a while. | 是的,但是只是一段时间 |
[11:34] | Yeah, but, Jerry, what happens if the show’s a hit? | 好的,但是杰瑞 如果这个节目大获成功将会发生什么? |
[11:37] | You could be out there for years. | 你将在哪里待很多年? |
[11:39] | You might never come back. | 你也许永远都不会回来了 |
[11:40] | -No, I’ll be back. -Jerry, it’s L.A. | – 不,我会回来的 – 杰瑞,它是洛杉矶 |
[11:44] | Nobody leaves. | 没人离开 |
[11:47] | She’s a seductress, she’s a siren, she’s a virgin… | 她是富有魅力的女子 她是迷人的歌手,她是纯洁的处女… |
[11:50] | …she’s a whore. | …她是一个妓女 |
[11:53] | And my agent said as a bonus I can use their private jet. | 并且我的经济人表示,作为一种奖励 我可以用他们的飞机 |
[11:56] | So we’ll all go somewhere, the four of us. | 所以,我们可以去很多地方,我们4个人 |
[11:58] | One big fling before George and I go to California. | 一次大的飞行,在我们去加州之前 |
[12:01] | A fling. | 一次飞行 |
[12:08] | -So we can go anywhere we want? -Go anywhere. | – 所以我们可以去任何我们想去的地方? – 去任何地方 |
[12:11] | -Why are they doing this? -I think they wanna make it up to us… | – 他们为什么这样做? – 我认为他们想得到我们… |
[12:14] | …because they let this sit on their shelf for years. | 因为他们让这个节目做了很多年的冷板凳 |
[12:17] | This is all very exciting. | 这所有的一切很让人兴奋 |
[12:20] | So where we going? | 那么我们去哪? |
[12:22] | Well, I say Japan. | 好的,我说去日本 |
[12:24] | -Why Japan? -Oh, geishas. | – 为什么是日本? – 哦,日本的艺妓 |
[12:26] | You know, they cater to your every whim. | 你知道的,她们会迎合你的任何一个想法 |
[12:28] | They’re shy at first, but they’re quite skilled at conversation. | 起初,他们会很害羞 但是他们对于交际却很有技术 |
[12:31] | They can discuss anything, from world affairs to the fine art of fishing. | 她们可以讨论任何事情 从世界大事,到钓鱼画画 |
[12:35] | Or baking. | 或者烘烤 |
[12:40] | I got it. How about Russia? | 我有一个,俄罗斯怎么样? |
[12:42] | Russia. It’s so bleak. | 俄罗斯?那太冷了 |
[12:44] | It’s not bleak. | 那不冷 |
[12:46] | -It’s springtime. -It’s still bleak. | – 现在是春天了 – 那里还是冰冷的 |
[12:48] | You can’t be bleak in spring. | 春天你不会觉得冰冷的 |
[12:50] | You can be bleak in spring. | 你可以在春天感受寒冷 |
[12:51] | lf you’re bleak, you’re bleak. | 如果你是冰冷的,你是冰冷的 |
[12:57] | What about Switzerland? | 瑞士怎么样? |
[12:59] | Switzerland. The von Trapp family, huh? | 瑞士,冯・特普家的家庭,是吗? |
[13:03] | It’s a bit hilly. No? | 那太多山了,不是吗? |
[13:06] | You’re not gonna do any walking. | 你不能去任何地方 |
[13:11] | What if I wanna walk around a little? | 如果我想四处走一点好吗? |
[13:14] | So then you’ll walk down the hill and we’ll pick you up. | 所以当你走下山的时候,我们会去接你 |
[13:18] | -What if I’m at the bottom? -You know what, forget it. | – 如果我到底了怎么? – 你知道么,忘了吧 |
[13:21] | All right, come on. Come on now, people. | 好的,好吧,好吧,大家 |
[13:23] | Let’s face it. We’re not all gonna agree on anything. | 让我们面对它,我们不能达成协议去一个地方 |
[13:26] | Why don’t we just all go to Paris? | 为什么我们不一起去巴黎呢? |
[13:29] | I’ll go to Paris. | 我去 |
[13:31] | -Me too. -Yeah. | – 我也是 – 好的 |
[13:38] | -So that’s it. It’s settled. -Yeah. | – 就算他了,我们定了 – 是的 |
[13:40] | We’re going to Paris. | 我们去巴黎 |
[13:44] | Yeah! | 好 |
[13:50] | Hey. NBC limo is downstairs. | 好,NBC的豪华车在楼下 |
[13:56] | I’m just gonna call Jill one more time before we go. | 在走之前我要给吉尔多打个电话 |
[13:59] | Elaine, you can’t make a call like that on your way out. | 伊莲,你不能在你出门的时候打这个电话 |
[14:02] | You can’t rush that conversation. | 你不要匆匆忙忙打电话 |
[14:04] | Well, I can’t call from the limo. Can I call from the plane? | 好吧,我不能从豪华汽车上打电话 我能从飞机上打电话吗? |
[14:07] | First you make a cell phone walk-and-talk… | 首先,你用手机打了一个边走边说的电话… |
[14:09] | …then she loses a call waiting face-off… | 然后她错过了一个电话会议… |
[14:11] | …now you’re talking about a plane call? | …现在你想要从飞机上打电话? |
[14:14] | All right, I’ll just have to call her from Paris. | 好吧,我会从巴黎打电话给她 |
[14:20] | Hello, Jerry. | 你好,杰瑞 |
[14:22] | Hello, Newman. What gives? | 你好,纽曼,什么事? |
[14:26] | I was speaking earlier with Kramer… | 早一点的时候我和克莱默聊了一次… |
[14:28] | …and he mentioned something about a private jet to Paris. | …并且他说会去巴黎作私人旅行 |
[14:30] | Yeah, that’s right. | 是的,没错 |
[14:32] | Well, I hear it’s quite beautiful there this time of year… | 呃,我听说此时那边很漂亮… |
[14:35] | …and you know I’m one-quarter French. | 并且你知道的我有四分之一的法国人血统 |
[14:37] | -Really? -Oh, yes. | – 真的? – 哦,是的 |
[14:39] | ln fact, I still have family there. | 实际上,我在那还有个家族 |
[14:41] | This probably won’t interest you… | 可能这个你不感兴趣… |
[14:43] | …but I have a cousin there who’s suffering very badly. | …但是我有个堂姐在那,她病的很重 |
[14:47] | She’s lost all use of her muscles. | 全身瘫痪了 |
[14:50] | She can only communicate by blinking. | 她只能够通过眨眼和别人沟通 |
[14:53] | I would so love to see her. | 我很想去看看她 |
[14:55] | Bring a ray of sunshine into her tragic life. | 给她悲惨的人生带来一丝光明 |
[14:58] | But, alas, I can’t afford it. | 但是,唉,我不能负担起这个 |
[15:00] | For I am, as you know, but a simple postal worker. | 我,就像你知道的,只是一个呆板的邮递员 |
[15:05] | -That’s a shame. -Take me! Take me! | – 那是一种耻辱 – 带上我!带上我! |
[15:07] | Oh, forget it. | 哦,忘了吧 |
[15:08] | Pull yourself together. You’re making me sick. | 控制下你自己,你让我觉得恶心 |
[15:10] | Be a man. | 像个男人 |
[15:12] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:16] | But hear me and hear me well. | 听我说并且听仔细了 |
[15:20] | The day will come. Oh, yes. | 这天会来的,哦,是的 |
[15:23] | Mark my words, Seinfeld. | 记住我的话,宋飞 |
[15:25] | Your day of reckoning is coming. | 你的最后审判日将要来了 |
[15:27] | When an evil wind will blow through your little play world… | 当邪恶之风降临通过你那小小的世界… |
[15:31] | …and wipe that smug smile off your face. | …并且擦掉你脸上自鸣得意的笑容 |
[15:35] | And I’ll be there, in all my glory, watching. | 我会在那里,用我全部的喜悦,观望 |
[15:39] | Watching as it all comes crumbling down. | 看着这一切摇摇欲坠下来 |
[16:01] | -Jerry? -Yeah. | – 杰瑞? – 是的 |
[16:02] | I’m Captain Maddox. | 我是驾驶员麦道克斯 |
[16:03] | This is my copilot, Kurt Adams. | 这是副驾驶员,库尔特・亚当斯 |
[16:06] | -Ready to go to Paris? -All set. | – 准备好去巴黎了吗? – 都准备好了 |
[16:08] | -We’ll just grab the bags. -Don’t worry about that. | – 只差拿行李了 – 别担心这个 |
[16:11] | -We’ll take care of them for you. -Just keeps getting better and better. | – 我们会帮你们拿的 – 我们感觉更好就行了 |
[16:17] | Not bad. | 挺好 |
[16:20] | The only way to fly. | 唯一的飞行方式 |
[16:23] | This is it? | 就是这个? |
[16:28] | I’m sorry, I have to say, I’m a little disappointed. | 我很抱歉,我必须说,我有一些失望 |
[16:31] | I thought it would be a lot nicer. | 我想它应该更漂亮一些 |
[16:33] | You’re complaining about a private jet? | 你在抱怨一个私人飞机? |
[16:36] | You think this is the plane that Ted Danson gets? | 你们认为这个飞机是特德・丹森(美国影星)所乘的? |
[16:38] | Ted Danson is not even on the network anymore. | 特德・丹森甚至不在网络上了 |
[16:41] | I bet when they gave him a plane, it was a lot nicer than this. | 我打赌当他们给他一架飞机的时候 肯定比这漂亮多了 |
[16:44] | Will you shut up? | 你能闭嘴吗? |
[16:47] | You are ruining the whole trip. | 你正在破坏整个旅行 |
[16:50] | This is a real piece of junk. | 这真是一块垃圾 |
[16:53] | I don’t even feel safe on this thing. | 我甚至觉得不安全在这飞机上 |
[16:55] | -I have a good mind to write a letter– -You’re not writing any letters. | – 我有一个写封信的好点子 – 你从没写过信 |
[16:59] | -Will you turn around? -Why? | – 你能转过去吗? – 为什么? |
[17:02] | You are annoying me sitting like that. | 你这样坐让我很讨厌 |
[17:04] | It’s effeminate. | 这是很女人化的 |
[17:06] | -It’s effeminate to sit like this? -Yes. | – 这样坐很女人气? – 是的 |
[17:09] | I think it’s a little effeminate. | 我觉得是有些女人气 |
[17:12] | How is this effeminate? | 这样怎么会是女人气的? |
[17:13] | I don’t know. lt just is. | 我不知道,但是它就是 |
[17:22] | -What are you doing? -You still got water in your ear? | – 你在做什么? – 你的耳朵里还有水? |
[17:25] | I can’t get rid of it. Maybe it leaked inside my brain. | 我不能摆脱它,也许水渗进了我的脑子 |
[17:28] | Kramer, stop that. It’s not safe to be jumping on a plane. | 克莱默,停下来,在飞机上那样跳是不安全的 |
[17:31] | I gotta get it out. I can’t take this anymore. | 我必须把它弄出来 我再也无法这样继续下去了 |
[17:34] | Kramer, don’t be fooling around up here. | 克莱默,不要在这里乱晃 |
[17:37] | -Kramer! -Hey, get the hell out of here. | – 克莱默! – 喂,从这里出去 |
[17:40] | What is that? | 那是什么? |
[17:41] | Oh, my God. | 哦,天哪 |
[17:44] | -What is that noise? -Kramer, what the hell did you do? | – 这是什么声音? – 克莱默,你做了什么? |
[17:47] | I lost my balance. | 我失去平衡了 |
[17:48] | Oh, my God. | 哦,我的上帝 |
[17:50] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么事? |
[17:53] | -Kramer! -lt was an accident! | – 克莱默! – 那是一个意外! |
[17:55] | I told you to stop with the hopping! | 我告诉你停止跳动了! |
[17:57] | Oh, my God, we’re going down. | 哦,天哪,我们要掉下去了 |
[18:00] | We’re gonna die. | 我们要死了 |
[18:02] | Just when I was doing great. | 我刚刚有点成绩的时候 |
[18:04] | I told you God wouldn’t let me be successful. | 我告诉上帝别让我成功 |
[18:08] | Is this it? ls this how it ends? | 就这样?就这样结束了? |
[18:11] | It can’t. lt can’t end like this. | 不会的,不会就这样结束的 |
[18:13] | I’m ready. I’m ready. | 我准备好了,准备好了 |
[18:15] | Glory hallelujah. | 荣耀属我主 |
[18:18] | -Jerry? Jerry, can you hear me? -Yeah. | – 杰瑞?- 杰瑞你能听到我吗? – 是的 |
[18:21] | -There’s something I have to tell you. -What? What is it? | – 有些事我必须告诉你 – 什么?什么事? |
[18:25] | -I cheated in the contest. -What? | – 我在比赛中作弊了 – 什么? |
[18:28] | -The contest, I cheated. -Why? | – 比赛,我作弊了 – 为什么? |
[18:33] | Because I’m a cheater! | 因为我是一个骗子! |
[18:36] | I had to tell you. | 我必须告诉你 |
[18:37] | Great, I won. | 太好了,我赢了 |
[18:39] | -Jerry, I gotta tell you something too. -Yeah. | – 杰瑞,我也要告诉你一些事情 – 好 |
[18:44] | Elaine, I’ve got something I wanna say to you. | 伊莲,我也有一些事情告诉你,伊莲 |
[18:46] | -No, no. Me first. -All right. | – 不,不,我先说 – 好的 |
[18:50] | Jerry, I’ve always– | 杰瑞,我一直 |
[18:53] | Hey, what’s going on? | 嗯,怎么了? |
[18:56] | We’re straightening out. | 我们正在上升 |
[18:57] | -We’re straightening out. | -We’re straightening out. – 我们正在上升 – 我们正在上升 |
[18:59] | -We’re straightening out. -Yeah! | – 我们正在上升 – 太好了! |
[19:05] | Well, again, sorry about that little mishap. | 呃,再一次,很抱歉关于那个小事故 |
[19:08] | Once we get everything checked, shouldn’t be any more problems. | 一旦我们检查了所有的 就应该不会再有问题了 |
[19:11] | -Where are we? -Latham, Massachusetts. | – 我们现在在哪? – 麻萨诸塞州的莱瑟姆 |
[19:14] | Why don’t you take a cab into town, get yourself something to eat? | 为什么你们不坐一辆出租车进城弄点吃的? |
[19:17] | I got your beeper number, I’ll beep you as soon as we’re ready. | 我有你的传呼号码 一旦我们准备好了会尽快联系你们的 |
[19:21] | -Okay. -Yeah, okay. | – 好的 – 嗯,行 |
[19:22] | We’ll see you later. | 一会见 |
[19:38] | Well, what are we gonna do about Paris? | 好了,我们该做什么,巴黎吗? |
[19:40] | I mean, are we actually gonna get back on this plane? | 我的意思是,我们确定要回那辆飞机? |
[19:43] | I say we go back to New York and take a regular flight. | 我觉得我们应该回去纽约 然后乘坐一辆正规航班 |
[19:46] | I’m not getting on a regular plane now. | 我现在不想坐普通的飞机 |
[19:48] | I’m all psyched up to go on a private jet. | 我所有的精神都想继续坐私人飞机 |
[19:50] | No way I’m getting on a regular plane. | 让我我坐普通飞机,没门 |
[19:52] | Well, I’m sure that they would fly us first class. | 好吧,我确定他们会飞一级状态 |
[19:55] | First class doesn’t make it anymore. | 一级状态不代表任何事情 |
[19:58] | You get on the phone with Kimbrough and tell him to get another plane here. | 你和金布罗通话让他另外派另外一架飞机 |
[20:02] | But this time, the good one. The Ted Danson plane. | 但是这次,要好的,要特德・丹森的那架 |
[20:05] | -All right, I’ll feel him out. -Yeah, just tell him to hurry it up. | – 好吧,我觉得他不在 – 嗯,就告诉他快点 |
[20:09] | Nice day. | 今天真开心 |
[20:11] | Another one. | 并不是 |
[20:14] | All right, fatso, out of the car. | 好了,胖子从车里出来 |
[20:16] | I’m gonna capture this. | 它是我的了 |
[20:18] | -Come on. -I’m getting out. Give me a minute. | – 快点 – 我在出,给我点时间 |
[20:21] | -Give me your wallet. -Don’t shoot. | – 把你的钱夹给我 – 别开枪 |
[20:23] | Well, there goes the money for the lipo. | 好的,这些金钱换你的脂肪 |
[20:27] | See, the great thing about robbing a fat guy is… | 看,最好的事是抢劫一个胖子… |
[20:29] | …it’s an easy getaway, you know? | …逃跑起来很简单,你知道吗? |
[20:31] | They can’t really chase you. | 他们抓不到你 |
[20:34] | He’s actually doing him a favor. | 他是在帮他忙 |
[20:36] | It’s less money for him to buy food. | 那就更少的钱给他买吃的了 |
[20:39] | I want your wallet. Come on. Come on, come on! | 我要你的皮夹,快点,快点,快点! |
[20:42] | That’s a shame. | 糟糕 |
[20:44] | All right, I’m gonna call NBC. | 好了,我要呼叫NBC |
[20:46] | Officer, he’s stealing my car. | 警察,他偷了我的车 |
[20:49] | Officer, I was carjacked. | 警官,我被抢劫了 |
[20:50] | -I was held up at gunpoint. -I understand. | – 我被枪所胁迫 – 我明白 |
[20:53] | Okay. Thanks anyway. They can’t get another plane. | 好的,总而言之谢谢 他们不会派另外一架飞机 |
[20:56] | What’s wrong with the plane we got? They’re checking it out. | 我们的飞机怎么了?他们只是检查下而已 |
[20:59] | -No, no, no. -Forget that. | – 不,不,不 – 忘掉他 |
[21:00] | -Forget it. -We’re not getting on there. | – 忘记它 – 我们不会去那 |
[21:02] | Come on, let’s get something to eat here in Sticksville. | 来吧,让我们在斯迪克赛维尔吃些东西吧 |
[21:05] | -All right. Hold it right there. -What? | – 好了,在这里等下 – 什么? |
[21:09] | -You’re under arrest. -Under arrest? What for? | – 你们被捕了 – 被捕?为什么? |
[21:11] | Article 223-7 of the Latham County Penal Code. | 莱瑟姆郡的第三223-7刑法典 |
[21:15] | What? No, no, we didn’t do anything. | 什么?不,不,我们什么都没做 |
[21:17] | That’s exactly right. | 没错 |
[21:19] | The law requires you to help or assist anyone in danger… | 这条刑法规定你们应该帮助 或援助那些在危险中的人… |
[21:23] | …as long as it’s reasonable to do so. | …只有这么做才是合理的 |
[21:25] | I never heard of that. | 我从没听过这个 |
[21:26] | It’s new. It’s called the Good Samaritan Law. | 这是条新法律,被称为乐善好施法 |
[21:31] | -Let’s go. -Well– | – 我们走吧 – 好吧– |
[21:41] | A Good Samaritan law? Are they crazy? | 乐善好施法?他们疯了吗? |
[21:44] | -Why would we help somebody? -I know. | – 为什么我们要帮助其他人 – 我知道 |
[21:46] | That’s what nuns and Red Cross workers are for. | 这是修女和红十字协会所必须做的 |
[21:48] | The Samaritans were an ancient tribe. | 圣母玛利亚是一个古老的宗教 |
[21:51] | Very helpful to people. | 对人们很有帮助 |
[21:53] | All right. | 对 |
[21:55] | Excuse me. Hi. | 打扰一下,你好 |
[21:58] | Could you tell me what kind of law this is? | 你能告诉我这是哪种法律吗? |
[22:01] | Well, they just passed it last year. | 呃,他们去年才通过的这个法律 |
[22:03] | And it’s modeled after the French law. | 之后被法国人所效仿 |
[22:05] | I heard about it after Princess Diana was killed… | 我听过这个在黛安娜王妃被杀之后… |
[22:08] | …and those photographers were standing around. | …那些摄影师在在旁边 |
[22:10] | -Oh, yeah. | -Oh, yeah. – 哦,是的 – 哦,是的 |
[22:11] | You’re the first ones to be arrested on it… | 你们是在全国第一个因为这个被捕的… |
[22:13] | …probably in the whole country. | |
[22:16] | All right, so, what’s the penalty? | 好的,然后,需要多少罚金? |
[22:17] | Let’s pay the fine and get the hell out of here. | 让我们付了罚款然后离开这里 |
[22:20] | Well, it’s not that easy. See, the law calls for a maximum fine of $85,000… | 呃,没那么简单 看这条法律规定最大罚金85000美… |
[22:25] | …and as much as five years in prison. | …还有多达五年的监禁 |
[22:28] | -What? -Oh, no, no, no. | – 什么? – 哦,不,不,不 |
[22:30] | We have to be in California next week. | 我们下周必须去加州 |
[22:32] | We’re starting a TV show. | 我们要开始一个电视节目 |
[22:33] | California? Oh, gosh, I don’t think so. | 加州?哦,天哪,我可不想 |
[22:36] | My guess is you’re gonna be prosecuted. | 我猜你们要准备被起诉了 |
[22:38] | Better get yourselves a good lawyer. | 请个好律师会有所帮助 |
[22:44] | Who told you to put the cheese on? Did I tell you? | 谁告诉你把奶酪放上面的?我告诉你的吗? |
[22:47] | -I didn’t tell you to put it on. –Jerry Seinfeld on the phone. | – 我没有告诉你把它放上去 – 杰瑞・宋飞的来电 |
[22:50] | You people with the cheese. lt never ends. | 你们总喜欢奶酪,还没完 |
[22:54] | Hello. | 你好 |
[22:59] | Good Samaritan Law? I never heard of it. | 好人法?我从没听过这个 |
[23:02] | You don’t have to help anybody. That’s what this country’s about. | 你没有必要去帮助任何人 这是这个国家的所有的 |
[23:05] | That’s deplorable, unfathomable, improbable. | 这是令人遗憾的,深奥的,不可思议的 |
[23:07] | Hold on. Susie. | 等等,苏西 |
[23:10] | Cancel my appointment with Dr. Byson. | 取消我和白嵩博士的会面 |
[23:12] | And pack a bag for me. | 然后给我一个袋子 |
[23:13] | I wanna get to Latham, Massachusetts right away. | 我现在要去麻萨诸塞州的莱瑟姆 |
[23:19] | So they got Jackie Chiles, huh? | 他们得到杰克的辣椒了吗? |
[23:21] | And you know what that means. | 并且你知道这意味着什么? |
[23:23] | This whole place is gonna be swarming with media. | 这个地方会挤满媒体 |
[23:25] | By the time this thing is over… | 那时整个事情就完了… |
[23:27] | …you’re not gonna be able to find a hotel room in this town. | …你在这个城市里将找不到任何一家旅馆 |
[23:30] | The whole country is going to be watching this. | 整个国家都会关注这个 |
[23:33] | Now, we gotta do whatever it takes to win it. | 现在,我们必须做可以打赢这场官司的任何事情 |
[23:36] | No matter what the cost. | 不计成本 |
[23:38] | And a big issue in this trial is going to be character. | 并且一个大问题是审判会成为一个典型案例 |
[23:44] | Find out everything about these people. | 找出这些人的所有资料 |
[23:46] | And I mean everything. | 我是说所有 |
[23:58] | It’s pretty good chow, huh? | 这东西很好吃,哈? |
[24:03] | It would kill him to check up on us? | 在查我们会杀了他? |
[24:07] | No. Drops off the meals and that’s it. | 不,扔掉这些食物就可以了 |
[24:10] | I realize we’re prisoners, but we’re still entitled to ketchup. | 我意识到我们是囚犯 但是我们仍然有权利得到番茄酱 |
[24:15] | I guess we could have called for help. | 我猜我们可以寻求帮助 |
[24:18] | But then we would have missed the whole thing. | 但是那时我们会错过所有的事 |
[24:20] | I still had it on video. We could have watched it later. | 我们还有视频,晚点我们可以看到 |
[24:23] | Yeah, he’s right. | 是的,他是对的 |
[24:25] | I forgot about the video. | 我忘记了视频 |
[24:26] | Oh, sure, video. | 哦,是的,视频 |
[24:30] | What is that? | 什么事? |
[24:34] | Plane’s ready. | 飞机准备好了 |
[24:45] | I’m Geraldo Rivera. We’ll be talking about… | 我是杰拉尔多・瑞弗拉,我们来谈论下关于… |
[24:48] | …what most of you have probably been discussing in your homes… | …大部分你们在家已经讨论过了… |
[24:51] | …and around the water coolers in your offices. | …围绕你们办公室的冷水机 |
[24:53] | I’m speaking of the controversial Good Samaritan trial… | 我说的关于好人法判决的争议… |
[24:57] | …that gets underway Thursday in Latham, Massachusetts. | 周四在麻省的莱瑟姆举行那个审判 |
[25:00] | Now, before we meet our panel, let’s go to Latham live… | 在我们会见陪审员之前,我们先去莱瑟姆 |
[25:03] | …where Jane Wells is standing by. Jane. | 在简・韦尔斯紧靠简站的地方 |
[25:05] | Yes, good evening, Geraldo. | 晚上好,格拉尔多 |
[25:07] | What’s the mood? What’s going on tonight? | 你心情怎么样?你今天晚上做什么? |
[25:09] | Well, Latham is fairly quiet tonight… | 莱瑟姆酒店的夜晚是相当安静祥和 |
[25:11] | …considering the media circus that has descended upon this quaint town. | 正在考虑马戏团的事情 已经落到这个古怪的小镇上了 |
[25:15] | And what about the defendants, the so-called New York Four? | 被告怎么样?就是那些所谓的纽约四人组 |
[25:18] | How are they holding up? | 他们怎么对待这事? |
[25:20] | Well, I did speak with one of the deputies… | 我的副手已经说了 |
[25:22] | …who has some contact with them, and he told me, quote: | 谁和他们有联系?他告诉我 |
[25:25] | ”There’s no love lost with that group.” | 在这里,没有人会失去爱 |
[25:28] | Anything else, Jane? | 简,还有其他的事情嘛? |
[25:29] | There also seems to be some friction between Mr. Seinfeld and Ms. Benes. | 宋飞先生和贝尼斯女士之间 看上去仍有一些不和 |
[25:33] | The rumor is that they once dated, and it’s possible that ended badly. | 传言说他们曾经拍拖过,结局很可能惨 |
[25:38] | Well, who knows, maybe this trial will bring them closer together. | 谁知道呢,可能是琐碎的事情让他们更加亲近 |
[25:42] | Maybe they’ll even end up getting married. | 他们可能会结婚的 |
[25:46] | I hope you packed enough. | 我希望你准备充足 |
[25:48] | This trial could last for weeks. | 这次努力要持续好几周 |
[25:50] | What’s all that? | 怎么回事? |
[25:51] | -Cereal. -You’re packing cereal? | – 谷物类 – 你在包装谷物类食品? |
[25:54] | I’m bringing it for Jerry. | 我会把它带给杰瑞 |
[25:55] | -You got enough for a life sentence. -He likes it. | – 你准备的都够蹲一辈子监狱了 – 这些他都喜欢 |
[25:58] | He misses that more than anything. | 相比别的他很还念这些 |
[26:00] | So bring a snack pack. | 带过来一个快餐的盒子 |
[26:01] | Poor Georgie. | 可怜的乔治 |
[26:03] | Was it our fault this happened to him? | 这发生在他的身上,是我的错嘛? |
[26:05] | Did we do something wrong? | 我们做错了什么吗? |
[26:07] | Maybe it was our fault. | 这或许是我们的错 |
[26:09] | Maybe it was your fault. | 着或许是你的错 |
[26:11] | It wasn’t my fault, I can tell you that. | 这不是我的错,我可以告诉你那些事情 |
[26:13] | Oh, so it was my fault but not yours. | 所以这是我的错,不是你的错 |
[26:16] | You were the one who smothered him. | 你是那个让他痛苦至死的人 |
[26:18] | -I did not smother him. -You smothered. | – 我没有折磨他 – 你折磨他了 |
[26:20] | He couldn’t get any air. He couldn’t breathe. He was suffocating! | 他呼吸不到一丝空气,呼吸不了 他马上就要憋死了 |
[26:24] | Sure. And you were always in Korea with your religious chachkas. | 当然了,在韩国 你经常和你宗教的教友们在一起 |
[26:28] | I had to make a living! | 我要自谋生路了 |
[27:26] | This is excellent, huh? | 非常棒,不是嘛? |
[27:29] | Don’t worry, I didn’t use too much milk, because I know we gotta make it last. | 不要担心,我没有用太多的牛奶 因为我知道我们在后面了 |
[27:34] | You know, I’ve had to reduce my milk level. | 我要少喝牛奶了 |
[27:36] | I’ve always filled to three-quarters, sometimes to the top of the cereal. | 我经常3/4饱,在吃谷类食品时候,有时很饱 |
[27:39] | Now to conserve, I can’t even see the milk anymore. | 太保守了,我已经不能喝到牛奶了 |
[27:42] | -It’s a big adjustment. -I bet. | – 是个很大的调整啊 – 我敢打赌 |
[27:45] | It’s one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. | 这是我经历的事情之中,最艰难的事情之一 |
[27:50] | -Good morning. -Good morning, Jackie. | – 早上好 – 早上好,杰基 |
[27:53] | -Good morning. -ls everybody ready? | – 早上好 – 所有人都到了吗? |
[27:55] | Didn’t I tell you I wanted you to wear the cardigan? | 我没告诉我想要穿那个开襟羊毛衫嘛? |
[27:58] | -Makes me look older. -Look older? | – 这使我看起来很老? – 老嘛? |
[28:01] | You think this is a game? That what you think this is? | 你认为这是一个游戏嘛?你认为这是什么呢? |
[28:03] | I’m trying to give you a moral compass. You have none. | 我想给你一个道德的指南针,你什么都不懂 |
[28:06] | You’re gonna walk into that courtroom… | 你要走路去法庭吗? |
[28:08] | …and they’ll see a mean, nasty, evil George Costanza. | 他们将会看到一个吝啬的 下流的、魔鬼的乔治・克斯坦萨 |
[28:10] | I want them to see Perry Como. No one’s gonna convict Perry Como. | 我想他们看到派里・科莫 每人将会为派里・科莫辩护 |
[28:14] | Perry Como helps out a fat tub who’s getting robbed. | 谁被抢劫了? |
[28:18] | You think it’s funny? | 你认为这很可笑嘛? |
[28:20] | No. | 不 |
[28:21] | You damn right it isn’t. | 不是不对的 |
[28:23] | You better not be laughing in that courtroom, funnyman. | 你在那个法庭上最好不要笑,滑稽的人 |
[28:25] | lf you start getting all smart-alecky, making wisecracks, acting a fool… | 如果你将要像个傻子一样 |
[28:30] | …you’re gonna find yourself in here for a long, long time. | 你在这儿像个傻子一样 |
[28:33] | I don’t like that tie. | 我不喜欢那个领带 |
[28:35] | Susie, get one of my ties from my briefcase. | 苏西,从我的行李箱中拿我的领带给我 |
[28:38] | How do I look, Jackie? | 好看吗?杰基 |
[28:39] | Oh, you looking good. | 你看起来好看极了 |
[28:44] | You look strong. | 你看起来很壮 |
[28:45] | You one fine-looking, sexy lady. | 你很漂亮,性感 |
[28:48] | Thank you, Jackie. | 谢谢 |
[28:50] | What about me, Jackie? | 你呢?杰基 |
[28:51] | Kramer, you always look good. | 克莱默,你看起来总是很好看 |
[28:53] | You got respect for yourself. You’re genuine. | 你的真诚,为你赢得了尊严 |
[28:56] | The jury’s gonna pick up on that. | 陪审团注意到了这事 |
[28:59] | Here. | 这儿 |
[29:01] | -This one? -That’s right. | – 这个? – 是的 |
[29:03] | -Do I have to? -Jackie says put it on, Jerry. | – 我必须嘛? – 杰基说戴上它,杰瑞 |
[29:09] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[29:10] | Fourth District County Court, Latham, Massachusetts is now in session. | 麻省莱瑟姆第四届区域法院现在正在开会 |
[29:14] | The Honorable Judge Arthur Vandelay presiding. | 令人尊敬的法官亚瑟・万德莱主持 |
[29:18] | Vandelay? | 万德莱? |
[29:19] | -The judge’s name is Vandelay? -Vanda who? | – 法官的名字是万德莱? – 万德是什么? |
[29:21] | -Jerry, did you hear that? -Yeah. Yeah. | – 杰瑞,你听到了什么? – 哦 |
[29:23] | I think that’s a good sign. | 我认为这是个不错的迹象 |
[29:25] | Is the district attorney ready to proceed? | 地方的检察官还要继续嘛? |
[29:28] | We are, Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[29:30] | Mr. Hoyt. | 霍伊特先生 |
[29:33] | Ladies and gentlemen, last year our city council… | 女士们,先生们,去年我们的市议会 |
[29:36] | …by a vote of 1 2-to-2, passed a Good Samaritan law. | 选举结果是2-2 |
[29:39] | Now, essentially, we made it a crime… | 现在,实际上,忽略他所处困境 |
[29:42] | …to ignore a fellow human being in trouble. | 我们给他定罪就已经出错 |
[29:44] | Now, this group from New York… | 这个团队从纽约来 |
[29:47] | …not only ignored, but as we will prove… | 不仅被忽视,而且我们将证明 |
[29:50] | …they actually mocked the victim as he was being robbed at gunpoint. | 他们实际上嘲笑了受害者 在枪口之下被抢劫了 |
[29:55] | I can guarantee you one other thing, ladies and gentlemen… | 女士们先生们,这个问题我可以保证 |
[29:59] | …this is not the first time they have behaved in this manner. | 这已不是第一次了,相反 |
[30:03] | On the contrary. | 他们这样已经多次了 |
[30:04] | They have quite a record of mocking and maligning. | 他们的劣迹斑斑中就有自嘲和诽谤他人 |
[30:07] | This is a history of selfishness, self-absorption… | 这是部自私自恋,不成熟,贪婪的历史 |
[30:11] | …immaturity and greed. | |
[30:15] | And you will see how everyone… | 你将会看到 |
[30:17] | …who has come into contact with these four individuals… | 那些与这四人打交道的人是 |
[30:21] | …has been abused, wronged… | 如何被耍弄,欺骗和出卖的 |
[30:24] | …deceived and betrayed. | |
[30:28] | This time… | 这次 |
[30:29] | …they have gone too far. | 他们太过分了 |
[30:32] | This time… | 这次 |
[30:34] | …they are going to be held accountable. | 他们将会负责任的 |
[30:37] | This time… | 这次 |
[30:38] | …they are the ones who will pay. | 他们这次将会付出代价 |
[30:45] | Mr. Chiles? | 奇利斯先生? |
[30:48] | I am shocked and chagrined. | 我震惊的同时也很烦恼 |
[30:52] | Mortified and stupefied. | 还感受到了屈辱 |
[30:54] | This trial is outrageous. | 这次审判是振奋人心的 |
[30:56] | It is a waste of the taxpayers’ time and money. | 这是在浪费纳税人的时间和钱 |
[30:59] | It is a travesty of justice that these four people… | 这是对公平的挑衅 |
[31:02] | …have been incarcerated while the real perpetrator… | …那些人已经被监禁了,而真正的罪犯… |
[31:05] | …is walking around laughing. | 边散步边狂笑 |
[31:07] | Lying and laughing. Laughing and lying. | 撒谎还大笑,大笑还撒谎 |
[31:13] | Do you know what these four people were? | 你知道那四个人吗? |
[31:14] | They were innocent bystanders. | 他们是无辜的旁观者 |
[31:17] | Now, you just think about that term. | 现在你想想这个词 |
[31:19] | lnnocent bystanders. | 无辜的旁观者 |
[31:22] | That’s exactly what they were. | 他们本来就是这样的 |
[31:24] | We know they were bystanders, nobody’s disputing that. | 我们知道他们是旁观者?没人对此有非议 |
[31:27] | So how can a bystander be guilty? No such thing. | 一个旁观者也有错吗?没有的事 |
[31:29] | Have you ever heard of a guilty bystander? | 你听说过有罪的旁观者吗? |
[31:32] | No. Because you cannot be a bystander and be guilty. | 因为你不可能是个有罪的旁观者 |
[31:36] | Bystanders are, by definition, innocent. | 旁观者是无罪的 |
[31:38] | That is the nature of bystanding. | 很自然的站在了旁边 |
[31:40] | But, no. | 不 |
[31:42] | They wanna change nature here. | 想要改变 |
[31:45] | They wanna create a whole new animal. | 想创造一种生物 |
[31:47] | The guilty bystander. | 该死的旁观者 |
[31:51] | But don’t you let them do it. | 不要告诉他们做了什么 |
[31:55] | Only you can stop them. | 只有你可以阻止他们 |
[32:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:06] | That was wonderful. Thank you. | 很棒,谢谢 |
[32:11] | Is the prosecution ready to present its first witness? | 起诉到了哪一步证明他只是个目击者? |
[32:15] | We are, Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[32:17] | Call Officer Matt Vogel to the stand. | 让马特・沃格尔过来 |
[32:20] | Call Matt Vogel. | 传马特・沃格尔 |
[32:26] | -So they were just standing there? -Yes. | – 他们仅仅是站在那里 – 是的 |
[32:29] | Did one of them have a video camera? | 他们有一个摄像机吗? |
[32:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:34] | With the court’s permission, we would like to play back that video… | 经过法庭的允许,我们申请将录像… |
[32:37] | …and enter it into evidence as Exhibit A. | 作为审理阶段的证据 |
[32:40] | Proceed. | 继续 |
[32:42] | –Come on. –Okay, I’m getting out. | – 快点 – 好的,我们已经落后了 |
[32:44] | Well, there goes the money for the lipo. | 花了很多钱,为了脂肪 |
[32:46] | See, the great thing about robbing a fat guy is it’s an easy getaway. | 看,关于这件抢劫的事情 抢劫一个胖子容易逃跑 |
[32:50] | They can’t really chase you. | 他们不会真的追捕你 |
[32:52] | Come on, come on. | 快点 |
[32:53] | He’s actually doing him a favor. | 他确实在帮他 |
[32:55] | It’s less money for him to buy food. | 他买食物的钱更少了 |
[33:04] | So they just stood there and did nothing? | 所以他们就站在那,什么也不做 |
[33:06] | Yeah. Nothing. Nothing. | 嗯,什么都没有,什么都没有 |
[33:10] | No further questions. | 没有进一步的问题 |
[33:13] | Hey, great plane. | 嗨,很好的飞机 |
[33:15] | Thanks a lot. | 多谢 |
[33:17] | Piece of junk. | 一文不值 |
[33:18] | You know, you almost got us killed. | 你道吗,你几乎害死我们 |
[33:23] | Call Mabel Choate to the stand. | 让梅布尔・乔特到前面来 |
[33:25] | Call Mabel Choate. | 传梅布尔・乔特 |
[33:31] | Your Honor, I most strenuously and vigorously object to this witness. | 法官大人,我极力反对这个证人 |
[33:34] | She was not present at the incident. | 事发时,她不在场 |
[33:36] | Her testimony is irrelevant, irrational and inconsequential. | 她的证据没有意义、不合理且不重要 |
[33:40] | The prosecution has gone to great lengths and considerable cost… | 起诉的过程持续了很长时间,而且耗费巨大 |
[33:43] | …to find these character witnesses. | 为了找这些特征目击证人 |
[33:45] | It is imperative that we establish this is not merely an isolated incident. | 这是我们极需建立的 这不仅仅是一个独立的事件 |
[33:49] | It’s part of a pattern of antisocial behavior… | 这是反社会行为模式的一部分 |
[33:52] | …that’s been going on for years. | 那持续了好几年 |
[33:53] | -Objection overruled. -Thank you. | 反对无效 |
[33:55] | I’ll hear the witness. | 我将要听证人的 |
[34:00] | Now, Mrs. Choate, would you please tell the court… | 现在,乔特夫人,你能告诉法庭… |
[34:02] | …what happened the evening of January 4th? | 一月四号晚上发生了什么? |
[34:06] | Well, I was in Schnitzer’s Bakery when I got accosted by that man. | 好, 那个男的找我搭讪的时候 我在施尼策尔面包店 |
[34:10] | Let the record show that she’s pointing at Mr. Seinfeld. | 让录像显示她正指着宋飞先生 |
[34:13] | What did he want? | 他想要什么? |
[34:15] | My marble rye. | 我的大理石黑麦 |
[34:17] | Your marble rye? | 你的大理石黑麦? |
[34:19] | I got the last one. | 我得到了最后一个 |
[34:20] | He kept persisting, and I said no. | 他坚持要要,我说不 |
[34:23] | -Then you left the bakery. -Right. | – 然后你就离开了那面包店 – 是的 |
[34:24] | But it didn’t end there, did it, Mrs. Choate? | 但是那并没结束,是吗,乔特夫人 |
[34:27] | Oh, no. | 哦,不 |
[34:28] | -Give me that rye. -Stop it. Let go. | – 给我那杯黑麦威士忌酒 – 住手,放开我 |
[34:30] | I want that rye, lady. | 我想要那杯黑麦威士忌酒,女士 |
[34:32] | Help. Someone, help. | 救命,救命 |
[34:33] | Shut up, you old bag. | 闭嘴,你这个老泼妇 |
[34:35] | Stop, thief. Please, stop him. Stop him, he’s got my marble rye. | 住手,小偷,住手 住手,他偷走了我的大理石黑麦威士忌酒 |
[34:40] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[34:44] | I call Marla Penny to the stand. | 我请求宣马拉上庭 |
[34:47] | Call Marla Penny. | 宣马拉・佩妮 |
[34:53] | The virgin. | 就那位处女啊 |
[34:57] | What was your connection to the defendants? | 你和被告什么关系啊? |
[34:59] | I dated Mr. Seinfeld for several weeks in the autumn of 1 992. | 1992秋天我和宋飞约会了好几个星期 |
[35:04] | Then on October 28th, there was an abrupt end to that relationship. | 然后,10月28号,那种关系就突然结束了 |
[35:08] | Tell us what happened. | 告诉我们发生了什么 |
[35:09] | Well, it’s rather difficult to talk about. | 这实在是不好说 |
[35:12] | It’s all right. Take your time. | 没关系,慢慢来 |
[35:14] | Well, I became aware of a– | 嗯,我逐渐意识到一个… |
[35:18] | A what? | 一个什么? |
[35:20] | -A…. -Yes? | – 一个… – 什么? |
[35:23] | A contest. | 一个争论 |
[35:26] | -A contest? -Yes. | – 一个争论? – 是的 |
[35:28] | What was the nature of the contest? | 什么性质的争论? |
[35:31] | Oh, please, I can’t. | 哦,不,我不能说 |
[35:32] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[35:35] | The four of them… | 他们四个 |
[35:36] | -…made a wager to see if they could– -Yes? | – 打赌,看他们能否… – 能否什么? |
[35:40] | To see who could go the longest… | 看谁能够持续最长时间… |
[35:43] | …without gratifying themselves. | 而不让他们自己满足 |
[35:46] | -Boy, this is an outrage. -For the love of God. | – 孩子们,这是一个骇人听闻的事件 – 为了上帝的爱 |
[35:49] | It was horrible. Horrible. | 很恐怖,很恐怖 |
[35:54] | Call Donald Sanger to the stand. | 宣唐纳德・桑格上庭 |
[35:57] | Who the hell is that? | 那他妈的究竟是谁? |
[35:59] | Come on, Donald. You’re doing fine. | 加油唐纳德,你做得很好 |
[36:01] | -The Bubble Boy. -Bubble Boy? | – 泡泡男孩 – 泡泡男孩? |
[36:04] | That’s right, the Bubble Boy. | 是的,泡泡男孩 |
[36:06] | What’s a Bubble Boy? | 什么是泡泡男孩? |
[36:07] | He’s a boy who lives in a bubble. | 他是一个生活在泡泡中的男孩 |
[36:10] | What the hell are you all looking at? | 你他妈的究竟在讲什么? |
[36:13] | Would you please tell the court about the incident… | 你能告诉法庭那个事件吗? |
[36:15] | …that occurred in your house, October 7th, 1 992? | 那个1992年10月7号,发生在你家里的事情 |
[36:20] | Well, Jerry Seinfeld was supposed to come to my house… | 嗯,杰瑞宋飞本来打算到我家来 |
[36:23] | …but his friend Costanza showed up instead. | 但是他的朋友克斯坦萨替他来了 |
[36:26] | So I challenged him to a game of Trivial Pursuit. | 所以我向他挑战棋盘游戏 |
[36:30] | Who invaded Spain in the eighth century? | 谁在八世纪侵略了西班牙? |
[36:34] | That’s a joke. The Moors. | 那是一个笑话,摩尔人 |
[36:36] | Oh, no. | 哦,不 |
[36:39] | I’m so sorry, it’s the Moops. | 不好意思,是摩尔人 |
[36:41] | The correct answer is the Moops. | 正确答案是摩尔人 |
[36:43] | Moops? Let me see that. | 摩尔人?让我想想 |
[36:47] | That’s not Moops, you jerk. | 不是摩尔人,你这个猪头 |
[36:50] | It’s Moors. It’s a misprint. | 是摩尔人,这是印刷错误(moor和moop是一个词) |
[36:53] | I’m sorry. The card says Moops. | 对不起,卡片说的是MOOPS |
[36:58] | It doesn’t matter. It’s Moors. | 不要紧,是moors(争论那个拼写正确) |
[37:00] | There’s no Moops. | 没有moops |
[37:03] | -It’s Moops. -Moors. | – 是moop |
[37:06] | Moops. | 是moop |
[37:08] | Help, someone. | 有没有谁来帮个忙啊 |
[37:09] | There’s no Moops, you idiot. | 没有moop的,你这个蠢蛋 |
[37:11] | Stop it. Let go of him. | 停下来!放开他 |
[37:12] | Donald. Stop it. | 唐纳德,停下来 |
[37:14] | No. Donald, stop it. | 不,唐纳德,停下来 |
[37:26] | -lt was Moops. -Moors. | – 是moop |
[37:29] | So Mr. Costanza parked in a handicapped spot, and as a result… | 所以,克斯坦萨先生把车停在一个禁停区中 结果… |
[37:33] | …you got in an accident and your wheelchair was destroyed? | 你就发生了意外,并且你的轮椅就被毁了 |
[37:36] | -That’s right. -And then Mr. Kramer… | – 是的 – 然后呢,克莱默先生… |
[37:38] | …gave you a used wheelchair? | 给你一个二手的轮椅? |
[37:41] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[37:52] | So you were the doctor on duty the night Susan Ross died? | 那么你是苏珊・罗斯死的那晚值班的医生? |
[37:56] | Yes, that’s right. | 是的 |
[37:57] | It was May 1 6th, 1 996. | 那是1996年的5月16号 |
[38:02] | I’ll never forget it. | 我永远都忘不了,那天 |
[38:03] | So you broke the news to Mr. Costanza? | 所以你把消息告诉克斯坦萨先生? |
[38:07] | Would you tell the court, please, what his reaction was. | 请你告诉法庭,他的反应是什么? |
[38:11] | I would describe it… | 我无法形容 |
[38:13] | …as restrained jubilation. | 像一种克制的喜悦 |
[38:17] | -Murderer! -He killed our daughter. | – 杀人凶手 – 他杀死了我们的女儿 |
[38:19] | He knew those envelopes were toxic! | 他知道哪些信封是有毒的 |
[38:22] | Order in this court. | 注意法庭秩序 |
[38:26] | Call Sidra Holland to the stand. | 叫锡德拉・荷兰到前面来 |
[38:35] | Look at this one. She’s fine. | 看这个,她很好 |
[38:39] | She’s a 1 2. | 她12岁了 |
[38:41] | You dated her? | 你泡过她? |
[38:43] | So you met Jerry Seinfeld in a health club… | 在一个健身俱乐部,你遇见了杰瑞 |
[38:46] | -…sometime in 1 993? -Yes. | – 在1993的某些时候? – 是的 |
[38:49] | -You met Ms. Benes in the same club? -Yes, that’s true. | – 你在同一个俱乐部见到了贝尼斯女士? – 是的 |
[38:52] | Would you describe the circumstances of that meeting? | 你能描述一下见面时的情形吗? |
[38:56] | We were in the sauna, making chitchat. | 我们在桑拿室聊天 |
[38:59] | You know, I’ve seen you around the club. | 我曾经在俱乐部周围见过你 |
[39:01] | My name’s Sidra. This is Marcy. | 我叫锡德拉,这是玛西 |
[39:03] | Oh, hi. | 哦,你好 |
[39:04] | -I’m Elaine. -Hi. | – 我是伊莲 – 你好 |
[39:09] | So she pretended to trip… | 所以她假装摔倒… |
[39:11] | …and she fell into your breasts. | …然后撞到你乳房了 |
[39:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[39:18] | Why would she do that? | 为什么她那么做? |
[39:20] | Because he sent her in there to find out if they were real. | 因为他让她看看乳房是否是“天然”的 |
[39:27] | -State your name. -Bookman. Joe Bookman. | – 报上你的名字 – 布曼,乔・布曼 |
[39:30] | -And what’s your occupation? -I’m a library cop. | – 你的职业呢? – 我是一个图书馆的保安 |
[39:33] | What’s a library cop do? | 你在图书馆的职责是什么? |
[39:36] | We chase down library delinquents. | 我们主要是追讨图书馆内拖欠图书的人 |
[39:38] | Anyone in this room ever delinquent? | 在这个屋子里有人拖欠过吗? |
[39:42] | Yeah, he was. Right over there. Seinfeld. | 他,就在那,宋飞 |
[39:46] | -How long was his book overdue? -Twenty-five years. | – 他的书过期多久? – 25年 |
[39:52] | We don’t call them delinquent after that long. | 过期那么久,我们不会叫他们违反规定的人 |
[39:54] | -What do you call them? -Criminals. | – 那你们叫他们什么 – 罪犯 |
[39:57] | So you and Mr. Costanza were dating. | 所以你和克斯坦萨先生约好了? |
[40:00] | -Yes. -And then what happened? | – 是的 – 之后发生了什么? |
[40:03] | Well, I invited him to attend my son’s birthday party and…. | 我邀请他参加我儿子的生日派对,之后… |
[40:08] | Fire! | 起火了 |
[40:16] | At the time, I was employed as a security guard… | 那时我被录用为保安 |
[40:19] | …in the parking garage at the Garden Valley Shopping Mall. | …在花园里购物中心的停车场 |
[40:28] | Okay, let’s go. | 好的,我们走 |
[40:29] | Why would I unless I was in danger? | 为什么只有在深处险境的时候才行? |
[40:31] | -I know it’s against the law. -I don’t know. | – 我知道这违反了法律 – 我不知道 |
[40:34] | Because I could get uromysitisis poisoning and die, that’s why. | 因为我能因uromysitisis中毒而死 |
[40:39] | Uromysitisis. | 这就是为什么 |
[40:42] | I wonder if they’re having any trouble controlling themselves now. | 我想知道,他们现在是否能管住自己 |
[40:45] | Perhaps these two hooligans would like to have a pee party right here! | 也许这两个流氓刚好想在这来个尿尿聚会! |
[40:48] | Objection, Your Honor. This is completely inappropriate. | 反对,法官大人,这是完全不合理的 |
[40:51] | My client’s medical condition is not on trial. | 我的当事人现在的身体状况不适合再审 |
[40:53] | May I refer you to the Disability Act of 1 990. | 我能否向你求教一下1990年的残疾人法 |
[40:55] | Sit down, Mr. Chiles. | 坐下吧,奇利斯先生 |
[40:58] | All right, detective, then what happened? | 好了,侦探,但后来发生了什么? |
[41:00] | We got a tip that a lot of prostitutes had been… | 我们得到机密消息,许多妓女曾… |
[41:02] | …turning tricks in the parking lot. | 在停车场设计骗局 |
[41:04] | -You just cost me some money. -Hey, cool it, lady. | – 你仅仅为我花了一点钱 – 冷静点,小姐 |
[41:09] | Cool it. | 冷静 |
[41:10] | Cool it, lady. Cool it. | 冷静,小姐,冷静 |
[41:12] | Police officers. Freeze right there. | 警察先生,站在那不动 |
[41:15] | So Cosmo Kramer was, in fact… | 所以科兹莫・克莱默实际上是… |
[41:19] | …a pimp. | 拉皮条的 |
[41:22] | So you asked Mr. Seinfeld if he would wear your puffy shirt… | 所以你问宋飞先生他能否穿你的宽大的衬衫… |
[41:25] | …on the Today show? | 在《今天》的节目里… |
[41:31] | Excuse me? | 打扰一下 |
[41:35] | Excuse me, Your Honor. What is the point of this testimony? | 打扰一下,法官大人,这个证词有什么意义? |
[41:37] | This woman’s a low talker. I can’t hear a word. | 这个女人说话声音很低,我一句话也听不到 |
[41:40] | So either get some other kind of microphone up there or let’s move on. | 或者换一些其他的麦克风吧 |
[41:44] | Call George Steinbrenner to the stand. | 叫乔治・施泰因布伦纳到台上来 |
[41:47] | Call George Steinbrenner. | 传乔治・施泰因布伦纳 |
[41:49] | So George Costanza came to work for you in May of 1 994? | 乔治・克斯坦萨从1994年5月开始为你工作? |
[41:53] | That’s right. He was a good kid. A lovely boy. | 是的,他是一个好孩子,一个可爱的男孩 |
[41:55] | Shared his calzone with me. That was a heck of a sandwich. | 跟我分一下他的馅饼,那是一块三明治 |
[41:58] | Yes, sir, that was a good sandwich, sir. | 是的,长官,那是一块好的三明治 |
[42:01] | -Had one little problem though. -What was that? | – 还有一个小问题 – 那是什么? |
[42:03] | He was a communist. Pink as they come. | 他是一个共产主义者,他们是模范 |
[42:06] | Like a big, juicy steak. | 像个大汁牛排 |
[42:09] | How could you give $ 1 2 million to Hideki lrabu? | 你怎么能拿出1200万给东条阿布啊? |
[42:12] | Order. | 注意法庭秩序 |
[42:14] | Cockfighting? | 斗鸡? |
[42:16] | Cockfighting. | 斗鸡 |
[42:18] | Sponges. And I don’t mean the kind you clean your tub with. | 海绵,我的意思不是你用来打扫浴盆用的 |
[42:21] | They’re for sex. | 他们是为了性 |
[42:24] | She said she needed a whole case of them. | 她说她要整箱海绵 |
[42:29] | She exposed her nipple. | 她袒胸露乳 |
[42:33] | -How did she try to kill you? -She tried to smother me with a pillow. | – 她是想要怎么杀死你的? – 她想用枕头闷死我 |
[42:38] | Call Yev Kassem to the stand. | 传伊夫・卡塞姆到台上来 |
[42:40] | -Call Yev Kassem. -Who? | – 传伊夫・卡塞姆 – 谁? |
[42:46] | The Soup Nazi. | 纳粹汤(此处比喻一些要求严格而苛刻) |
[42:48] | Soup Nazi? | 纳粹汤吗? |
[42:49] | You people have a little pet name for everybody. | 你们给每个人起了个小名吧 |
[42:52] | State your name. | 姓甚名谁 |
[42:53] | -Yev Kassem. -Could you spell that, please? | – 伊夫・卡塞姆 – 你能把拼一下吗? |
[42:56] | No. Next question. | 不,下一个问题 |
[43:00] | -How do you know the defendants? -They used to come to my restaurant. | – 你怎么认识被告的? – 他们经常到我的餐厅吃饭 |
[43:08] | Medium turkey chili. | 中等土耳其辣椒 |
[43:13] | Medium crab bisque. | 中等淡黄蟹 |
[43:22] | -I didn’t get any bread. -Just forget it. Let it go. | – 我一块面包也没拿到 – 算了,不要想了 |
[43:27] | Excuse me. I think you forgot my bread. | 对不起,你忘给我面包了 |
[43:30] | -You want bread? -Yes, please. | – 你想要面包吗? – 是的 |
[43:32] | Three dollars. | 三美元 |
[43:34] | -What? -No soup for you. | – 什么? – 汤没了 |
[43:41] | But the idiot clowns did not know how to order. | 但是,哪个粗笨的小丑不知道怎样收拾 (此处指克莱默) |
[43:44] | I banned that one, the woman, for a year. | 我让那个妇女一年不准入内 |
[43:47] | Then one day… | 然后,有一天… |
[43:49] | …she came back. | 她来了 |
[43:51] | Five cups chopped porcine mushrooms… | 五杯猪排骨蘑菇汤 |
[43:54] | …half a cup of olive oil… | 半小瓶橄榄油 |
[43:56] | …three pounds celery…. | 三英镑芹菜 |
[43:58] | That’s my recipe for wild mushroom. | 那是我的野生蘑菇食谱 |
[44:01] | You’re through, Soup Nazi. | 你们完了,纳粹汤 |
[44:03] | Pack it up. | 把它捡起来 |
[44:04] | No more soup for you. | 再也没有汤给你了 |
[44:07] | Next! | 下一个 |
[44:09] | She published my recipes. | 她出版了我的食谱 |
[44:11] | I had to close the store and move to Argentina. | 我不得不关门,移居到阿根廷 |
[44:15] | She ruined my business. | 她毁了我的生意 |
[44:17] | His soup’s not all that good anyway. | 他的汤不再是那么好了 |
[44:19] | What did you say? | 你说什么? |
[44:23] | The state calls Mr. Babu Bhatt to the stand. | 宣巴布・布哈到场 |
[44:27] | -How did they find Babu? -I thought he was deported. | – 他们怎样发现巴布的? – 我认为他被驱逐了 |
[44:38] | You’ve come a long way to be here today, haven’t you? | 今天你来到这里走了很长的路,是吗? |
[44:41] | Yes. All the way from Pakistan. | 是的,从巴基斯坦一直到这里 |
[44:44] | And what’s your connection to the defendants? | 你和被告有什么联系? |
[44:47] | I owned a restaurant. | 我开了一家餐馆 |
[44:49] | Seinfeld told me to change the menu to Pakistani. | 宋飞让我做巴基斯坦菜 |
[44:53] | But nobody came. | 但是没人来 |
[44:54] | There were no people. | 店里根本没有人 |
[44:56] | And then what happened? | 后来呢? |
[44:58] | Then he got me an apartment in his building… | 然后,他得到了他那栋楼一间公寓 |
[45:02] | …but they mixed up the mail… | …但是,他们把邮件混在了一起… |
[45:03] | …and I never got my immigration renewal papers. | 我从来没有拿到更新的移民签证 |
[45:07] | So they deported me. | 所以,他们驱逐了我 |
[45:11] | It’s all his fault. Him and the woman. | 都是他和那个娘们儿造的孽 |
[45:16] | But they did not care. They’re totally indifferent. | 他们不在乎,非常的漠不关心 |
[45:19] | All they do is mock me. Just like they did the fat fellow. | 他们能做的就是嘲笑我,就像对那个胖子那样 |
[45:22] | All the time mocking, mocking, mocking. | 一直戏弄,嘲笑,嘲弄 |
[45:25] | All the time. | 一直是这样 |
[45:27] | Now it is Babu’s turn to mock. | 现在轮到嘲笑巴布了 |
[45:30] | Finally, I will have some justice. | 最后,我要讨个公道 |
[45:33] | Send them away. Send them all away. Lock them up forever. | 赶走他们,把所有的都赶走 把他们一直关起来 |
[45:36] | They’re not human. | 他们简直不是人 |
[45:39] | They’re very bad. | 他们坏透了 |
[45:40] | Very, very, very bad. | 非常,非常,非常坏 |
[45:56] | Hi, I’m Geraldo Rivera, and welcome to this special edition of Rivera Live. | 大家好,我是热拉尔多・里韦拉 欢迎大家参加这期里韦拉直播特别节目 |
[46:01] | Arguments in the Good Samaritan trial ended today… | 关于乐善好施审判的今天结束了 |
[46:04] | …the jury has been in deliberation for four and a half hours now. | 陪审团已经审议了四个半小时 |
[46:08] | Let’s go live to Jane Wells, who is in Latham, Massachusetts… | 我们现在连线珍妮威尔斯 她现在在麻萨诸塞州的莱瑟姆 |
[46:12] | …covering this trial for us. Jane. | 珍妮,给我们报道一下 |
[46:14] | Just a few minutes ago, the jury asked to see the videotape. | 几分钟前,陪审团要求看录像带 |
[46:17] | That’s the one where they are overheard making sarcastic remarks… | 这是在那起抢劫期间 |
[46:21] | …during the robbery. | 他们说的风凉话… |
[46:22] | Yes, it’s a very incriminating piece of evidence. | 是的,这就是罪恶的证据 |
[46:25] | But I must tell you, Geraldo… | 但是我必须告诉你,杰拉尔多… |
[46:26] | …this courtroom and everyone who’s attended this trial… | 及法庭所有参加了这个审判的人 |
[46:29] | …is still reeling from the endless parade of witnesses… | 法庭还沉浸在无休止的“证人秀”之中 |
[46:32] | …who’ve come forth so enthusiastically… | 连番登场,如此的有激情 |
[46:34] | …to testify against these four seemingly ordinary people. | 就为了证明这四个看起来很普通的人有罪吗 |
[46:37] | One had the feeling that if Judge Vandelay didn’t put a stop to it… | 如果法官万德莱不叫停这个 |
[46:40] | …it could have gone on for months. | 大家都会觉得这个“证人秀”会持续几个月 |
[46:42] | Jane, whose testimony do you think resonated… | 珍妮,你认为谁的证词能对陪审团产生较大影响 |
[46:45] | …most strongly with this jury? | |
[46:47] | That is so hard to say. | 说起来很难 |
[46:49] | Certainly, there’s the doctor with the poison invitations. | 当然,这有一个带着毒药请柬的医生 |
[46:52] | The Bubble Boy was an extremely sympathetic and tragic figure. | 泡泡男孩是一个极令人同情的悲剧人物 |
[46:56] | And that bizarre contest certainly didn’t sit well with this small-town jury. | 小镇的陪审团肯定不能胜任那场怪异的比赛 |
[47:00] | There’s the woman they sold the defective wheelchair to. | 他们卖了一个有缺陷的轮椅给那个女的 |
[47:02] | The deported Pakistani restaurateur. | 驱逐了巴基斯坦餐馆经营者 |
[47:05] | Geraldo, it just went on and on and on into the night. | 庭审一直会持续到深夜 |
[47:10] | And so we wait. | 我们只能等待事态的进一步发展 |
[47:15] | Do they make you wear uniforms in prison? | 他们在监狱让你穿囚服吗? |
[47:18] | I think so. | 我觉得是 |
[47:19] | It’s not that bright orange one, is it? | 不是那种明亮的橙色的衣服,对吗? |
[47:22] | I hope it’s not that one… | 我希望的不是那种… |
[47:23] | …because I cannot wear orange. | …因为我不能穿橘黄色的衣服 |
[47:27] | Will you stop worrying? | 你能不担心吗? |
[47:28] | Jackie’s gonna get us off. He never loses. | 杰基准备打发我们,他从来不吃亏 |
[47:31] | How about when he asked that cop if a black man… | 他问那个警察如果一个黑人 |
[47:33] | …had ever been to his house. Did you see the look on his face? | 来过这间房子,你能从他的表情看出来吗? |
[47:40] | Sorry to bother you, judge. | 法官,很抱歉打扰你了 |
[47:43] | How did you get in here? | 他们怎么到这里的 |
[47:44] | Please. If he’s found guilty… | 如果他是有罪的… |
[47:47] | …please be kind to him. | …请对他好一点 |
[47:50] | He’s a good boy. | 他是好小伙 |
[47:52] | This is highly irregular. | 这是不符合规则的 |
[47:54] | Well, maybe there’s something I can do for you. | 好的,也许我能为你做点什么 |
[47:57] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[47:59] | You know. | 你知道 |
[48:47] | Oh, Jackie. You’re so articulate. | 好,杰基,你真是能言善辩 |
[48:51] | We got plenty of time too. | 我们有很多时间 |
[48:53] | This jury could be out for days. | 陪审团这些天可能不在 |
[49:01] | Hello. | 你好 |
[49:04] | Damn. | 讨厌 |
[49:08] | They’re ready. | 他们准备好了 |
[49:16] | Hey, Elaine. What was it you were about to say to me on the plane… | 你好,伊莲,当飞机开始下降的时候… |
[49:20] | …when it was going down? | …你想到对我说些什么? |
[49:23] | I’ve always loved… | 我一直很爱… |
[49:25] | …United Airlines. | 联合航空 |
[49:58] | I think it’s gonna be okay. | 我想我们会没事的 |
[50:00] | That girl just smiled at me. | 那个女孩刚才对我笑 |
[50:02] | Maybe because she knows you’re going to jail. | 也许可能她知道你要进监狱了 |
[50:06] | What? | 什么? |
[50:08] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[50:19] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury… | 陪审团的女士和先生们… |
[50:22] | …have you reached a verdict? | 你们达成一致结论了吗? |
[50:25] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的,法官大人 |
[50:53] | Will the defendants please rise? | 请被告起立 |
[50:59] | And how do you find with respect to the charge of criminal indifference? | 怎么样才能体面的对如此冷漠的罪犯进行指控? |
[51:05] | We find the defendants… | 我们发现被告… |
[51:07] | …guilty. | …有罪 |
[51:10] | Oh, no! | 噢,不! |
[51:13] | Order in this court. | 秩序!请保持法庭秩序! |
[51:18] | Order! Order in this court! | 秩序!请注意法庭秩序 |
[51:21] | I will clear this room. | 我要把你们赶出去 |
[51:24] | I do not know how… | 我不知道怎么… |
[51:27] | …or under what circumstances the four of you found each other. | 或者在什么情况下你们四人发现了彼此 |
[51:32] | But your callous indifference and utter disregard… | 但是你们对一切美好而得体的事情 |
[51:36] | …for everything that is good and decent… | 所显现出的冷漠无情和一概无视 |
[51:41] | …has rocked the very foundation upon which our society is built. | 已经动摇了基于我们社会建立的基础 |
[51:46] | I can think of nothing more fitting… | 我想不到任何东西更加适合 |
[51:50] | …than for the four of you to spend a year… | 比你们四个人从社会中消失… |
[51:53] | …removed from society… | …在监狱蹲一年 |
[51:56] | …so that you can contemplate… | …这样你们能认真审视自己的行为举止… |
[51:59] | …the manner in which you have conducted yourselves. | |
[52:05] | I know I will. | 我知道我会的 |
[52:09] | This court is adjourned. | 法庭休庭 |
[52:12] | You had to hop. | 你应当跳 |
[52:13] | You had to hop on the plane! | 你当时应该在飞机上跳! |
[52:17] | Puddy. | 帕迪 |
[52:19] | -Don’t wait for me. -All right. | – 不要等我 – 好的 |
[52:24] | We gotta get out of here. | 我们走 |
[52:25] | We wanna beat the traffic. | 我们赶在交通拥挤前走 |
[52:28] | Come on, Jackie. Let’s go. | 来吧,杰基,我们走 |
[52:32] | What? | 什么? |
[52:35] | Oh, and by the way… | 噢!顺便说一下 |
[52:37] | …they’re real, and they’re spectacular. | …它们是真的并且很壮观 |
[52:46] | Well, it’s only a year. | 好吧,就一年 |
[52:48] | That’s not so bad. | 没有那么糟糕 |
[52:50] | We’ll be out in a year. | 我们一年后就出来了 |
[52:52] | And then we’ll be back. | 然后我们会回来 |
[52:53] | Could be fun. | 可能很有趣 |
[52:55] | Don’t have to worry about your meals or what you’re gonna do Saturdays. | 不要担心你的膳食和星期六你要做什么 |
[52:58] | And they do shows. | 他们做节目呢 |
[53:00] | Yeah, we could put on a show. | 耶,我们可以表演节目 |
[53:01] | Maybe Bye Bye Birdie or My Fair Lady. | 也许吧《拜拜小鸟儿》或者《窈窕淑女》 |
[53:05] | Yeah, Elaine, you could be Liza Doolittle. | 是啊,伊莲,你可以是莉莎・杜利特尔 |
[53:08] | Why don’t you just blow it out your a–? | 为什么你不吹嘘你是一个 |
[53:31] | lf I call Jill from prison, you think that would make up for the other ones? | 如果我从监狱给吉尔打电话 你认为会对其他人有所弥补吗? |
[53:35] | -Sure. -Because you only get one call. | – 当然 – 因为你只接到了一个电话 |
[53:39] | The prison call is like the king of calls. | 监狱的电话就像国王的电话 |
[53:43] | I think that would be a very nice gesture. | 我认为这是很有礼貌的 |
[53:55] | I got it. | 我明白了 |
[53:57] | It’s out. | 这过时了 |
[54:02] | Not that bad, huh? | 不会那么坏的 |
[54:04] | Oh, boy, what a relief. | 真的解脱了 |
[54:08] | See, now, to me, that button is in the worst possible spot. | 对我来说,这是最坏的 |
[54:12] | -Really? -Oh, yeah. | 真的吗 |
[54:14] | The second button is the key button. | 第二个扣子很关键 |
[54:16] | It literally makes or breaks the shirt. | 那简直会破坏整个衬衫 |
[54:19] | Look at it. It’s too high. | 看看,这太高了 |
[54:21] | It’s in no man’s land. | 在真空地带 |
[54:24] | Haven’t we had this conversation before? | 我们以前聊过这个吗? |
[54:26] | You think? | 你认为呢? |
[54:29] | I think we have. | 我想我们有过 |
[54:31] | Yeah, maybe we have. | 哦,可能我们有过 |
[54:44] | So, what is the deal with the yard? | 那个院子咋办? |
[54:46] | When I was a kid, my mother wanted me to play in the yard… | 我小时候母亲想让我在院里玩 |
[54:48] | …but she didn’t have to worry about my neighbor… | …她不必担心我的邻居… |
[54:51] | …sticking a shiv in my thigh. | …会把刀插在我的大腿上 |
[54:55] | What’s with the lockdown? Why do we have to be locked in cells? | 什么是禁闭?为什么我们要被禁闭在这牢房里? |
[54:58] | Are we that bad that we have to be sent to prison in prison? | 我们有那么坏,必须要送到监狱? |
[55:02] | You would think the weightlifting and the sodomy is enough. | 想想那些大力士(身强力壮的罪犯) 和同性恋就够了 |
[55:08] | -So anyone from Cellblock D? -I am. | – 谁是从D监区来的? – 我是 |
[55:10] | I’ll talk slower. | 我会说慢些 |
[55:13] | I’m kidding. I love Cellblock D. | 我在开玩笑,我喜欢D监区 |
[55:15] | My friend George is in Cellblock D. | 我的好友乔治在D监区 |
[55:19] | -What are you in for, sir? -Murder one. | – 你是为什么入狱的? – 谋杀 |
[55:22] | Murder one. | 杀了一个人 |
[55:24] | Watch out, everybody. Better be nice to you. | 大家当心,愿你的明天更好 |
[55:26] | I’m only kidding, sir. Lighten up. | 我仅仅是开玩笑,振作起来 |
[55:28] | -How about you? -Grand theft auto. | – 你咋样 – 侠盗猎车手 |
[55:31] | Grand theft auto. Don’t steal any of my jokes. | 侠盗猎车手,不要偷我的笑话哦 |
[55:33] | You suck. I’m gonna cut you. | 你恶心,我会砍了你 |
[55:35] | I don’t knock the license plate out of your hand. | 我没有把牌照从你手中夺走啊 |
[55:37] | All right, Seinfeld, that’s it. Let’s go. Come on. | 好吧,宋飞,我们走吧 |
[55:40] | All right. Hey, you’ve been great. | 好的,你们一向很好 |
[55:41] | See you in the cafeteria. | 在那个咖啡店再见吧 |