时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Over the past decade, the partnership between the FBI | 在过去的十年间 联邦调查局和 |
[00:03] | and the Jeffersonian Institution’s Forensic Division | 杰弗逊实验室法证部之间的合作 |
[00:06] | has resulted in over 250 murder convictions, | 使得超过250起谋杀案被定罪 |
[00:10] | making it one of the most successful collaborations | 这也使两者间的合作成为执法部门历史上 |
[00:12] | in law enforcement history. | 最成功的协作 |
[00:14] | In order to better understand | 为了更好地理解 |
[00:15] | the partnership and how it works, | 两者间的协作关系 |
[00:17] | I was granted permission to follow the team | 我被获准在一起谋杀案的调查过程中 |
[00:19] | throughout the course of a murder investigation. | 对合作小组进行全程跟踪拍摄 |
[00:22] | I’m Alex Duffy, and this is America in Profile. | 我是艾利克斯·达菲 这是《美国纪实》节目 |
[00:50] | So I was out tending to a leachate leak out in Cell Six | 我正在六号区域处理渗滤液泄露 |
[00:53] | 盖里·兰普奇 重型设备操作员 | |
[00:54] | when I get this feeling like somebody’s watching me. | 突然觉得有人在盯着我 |
[00:56] | So I start looking around, right? | 所以我就开始四处张望 |
[00:58] | But there’s nobody there, it’s just a bunch of trash. | 但是那里根本就没人 只有一堆垃圾 |
[01:00] | So finally I see this moldy head of cabbage sitting there, | 最后我看到那里有一头发霉的卷心菜 |
[01:04] | and I swear it’s staring at me. | 我发誓那东西在盯着我看 |
[01:07] | So I hop down out of my excavator, | 于是我就从我开着的挖掘机里跳下来 |
[01:08] | make my way over to the cabbage. | 走到那个卷心菜那里 |
[01:10] | And as I’m getting closer, | 我走近才发现 |
[01:12] | I noticed this freaking thing has teeth. | 那个该死的东西居然有牙 |
[01:14] | And I mean, like, a lot of them. | 而且是很多牙 |
[01:15] | And that’s when I’m saying to myself, | 那时我才对自己说 |
[01:17] | “Whoa, Gary, this ain’t no cabbage. | “盖里 这可不是卷心菜 |
[01:19] | This is a person.” | 这是个人头” |
[01:21] | So I called my supervisor, Dennis, | 于是我就报告给我的上级丹尼斯 |
[01:23] | and he calls the police, and next thing I know, | 他又报了警 接下来 |
[01:25] | there’s a guy out here asking all these questions, | 就来了一个男人 问了一堆问题 |
[01:27] | while this real brainy-looking lady | 还有一个看起来很有脑子的女人 |
[01:29] | was poking around at the dead body. | 在那捅咕那具尸体 |
[01:31] | Now, I assumed they was cops, | 我猜他俩应该是警察 |
[01:32] | but by the way they was arguing, | 可看他俩吵架那样 |
[01:34] | I figured they must be married. | 我觉得他俩肯定是夫妻 |
[01:36] | Booth and I were not arguing at the scene- | 我和布斯没有在现场 |
[01:38] | scene of the crime. | 犯罪现场吵架 |
[01:39] | I mean, we were having a healthy debate | 我们是在进行夫妻间 |
[01:41] | between a husband and wife. | 健康的争论 |
[01:42] | Right, sometimes our debates are so “healthy”, | 没错 有时候我们的争论”健康”到 |
[01:44] | I end up sleeping on the couch. | 我晚上得睡沙发 |
[01:47] | It’s true. | 这是真的 |
[01:50] | My name is Dr. Temperance Brennan, | 我是坦普瑞·布纳恩博士 |
[01:50] | 坦普瑞·布纳恩博士 杰弗逊实验室法医人类学家 | |
[01:52] | and I am a forensic anthropologist | 我是杰弗逊实验室的 |
[01:55] | with the Jeffersonian Institution. | 一名法医人类学家 |
[01:57] | And my name is Seeley Booth, | 我叫瑟雷·布斯 |
[01:57] | 瑟雷·布斯 联邦调查局特别探员 | |
[01:59] | and I’m a special agent with the FBI’s homicide division. | 我是联邦调查局凶案组的特别探员 |
[02:02] | When I’m called out to a scene | 当我出现场发现尸体 |
[02:04] | where the remains are badly burnt..or decomposed, | 被烧毁得或是腐烂得很严重时 |
[02:07] | I call in Bones. | 我就会叫上骨头 |
[02:08] | He calls me “Bones”. | 他管我叫”骨头” |
[02:11] | Even though I’m his wife | 尽管我是他的妻子 |
[02:13] | and the mother of two of his children, | 同时也是他两个孩子的母亲 |
[02:14] | he still refers to me by a nickname I despise. | 他仍然用一个我讨厌的外号来称呼我 |
[02:17] | Well, you used to despise it, but now I think you like it. | 你以前讨厌这个外号 可我觉得你现在挺喜欢的 |
[02:19] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不喜欢 |
[02:20] | Seeley. | 瑟雷 |
[02:24] | After the initial exam is done at the crime scene, | 在犯罪现场进行过初步检验后 |
[02:28] | the remains are brought | 尸体会被送到杰弗逊实验室的 |
[02:29] | 凯米拉·瑟罗博士 法医病理学家 杰弗逊实验室法医部负责人 | |
[02:30] | to the Jeffersonian’s Medico Legal lab for further analysis. | 法医学实验室做进一步分析检验 |
[02:34] | Cam, we got a ripe one today. | 凯 今天这家伙熟透了 |
[02:37] | Dr. Hodgins, please try to remember | 哈金斯博士 请记得 |
[02:40] | that these are the remains of a human being | 这桌子上躺着的是 |
[02:42] | lying on this table. | 一具人类的尸体 |
[02:43] | 杰克·哈金斯 昆虫学家/植物学家/矿物学家 | |
[02:44] | Well, yeah, of course. | 当然 |
[02:47] | Also, since we are a professional establishment, | 还有 既然我们是一家专业的机构 |
[02:51] | I would prefer if you referred to me as Dr. Saroyan. | 我希望你能称我为瑟罗博士 |
[02:55] | Yeah, Cam takes herself pretty seriously. | 凯很把自己当回事 |
[02:57] | Sorry, I shouldn’t have said that. | 抱歉 我不该这么说 |
[02:58] | Dr. Saroyan takes herself pretty seriously. | 瑟罗博士很把自己当回事 |
[03:03] | Look, all dead bodies smell, okay? | 所有尸体都很臭 |
[03:04] | But dead bodies found in a landfill | 但是在垃圾堆填区里找到的 |
[03:06] | and covered in leachate, | 满身是渗滤液 |
[03:07] | which is basically a viscous trash water, | 也就是满身是粘乎乎的垃圾液的这种尸体 |
[03:09] | they, uh, they tend to smell worse. | 味道会更臭 |
[03:10] | When I first started I had to dab peppermint oil | 我最初干这行的时候 我都得在鼻子下面 |
[03:13] | under my nose to mask the smell. | 抹点薄荷油来遮住臭味 |
[03:15] | I actually tried growing a mustache, | 我还试着留小胡子 |
[03:17] | thinking that it would block the smell. It didn’t. | 以为胡子能遮挡臭味 结果一点也不会 |
[03:19] | Just made me look like a creep | 只是让我看起来像是一个 |
[03:21] | who had this ever-present stench of death in his nostrils. | 鼻孔里总是带着点死亡味道的变态 |
[03:25] | Yeah, eventually you get used to it. | 是 不过最终你就会习惯的 |
[03:27] | The smell, I mean. | 我是说对这股味道 |
[03:29] | Not Hodgins with a mustache. | 不是留着胡子的哈金斯 |
[03:31] | Every once in a while, though, | 不过偶尔总是会有一个特别臭的 |
[03:32] | a particularly nasty one still finds its way in. | 让人受不了 |
[03:34] | Couple of years ago — you remember this one, Cam? — | 两年前 你还记得吗 凯 |
[03:37] | we found the remains of this man submerged | 我们发现了一具淹没在 |
[03:38] | in a pool of his own vomited up flesh. | 自己呕吐物里的尸体 |
[03:41] | Ugh, God. | 天啊 |
[03:42] | It smelled like decaying bile-covered hell. | 闻起来就像是满是腐烂胆汁的地狱 |
[03:46] | But from a microbiology standpoint, | 但是从微生物学的角度来看 |
[03:47] | it was pretty awesome. | 那真的是很棒 |
[03:49] | Now, I mean, come on. | 拜托 |
[03:49] | Of course Bug Boy is gonna say this is awesome. | 虫子男肯定会说这很棒啦 |
[03:51] | I mean, think about it, here’s a full-grown man | 你想想 他是一个玩虫子 |
[03:53] | who plays with bugs, insects and slime. | 昆虫和黏液的成年男子 |
[03:57] | All day long. | 从早到晚 |
[03:58] | I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love Hodgins. | 别误会 我很爱哈金斯 |
[04:00] | I think he’s great. But he’s a little strange, | 我觉得他人很好 但他有点奇怪 |
[04:01] | he’s a little weird, you know? | 就有点怪怪的 明白吗 |
[04:03] | – Like all the squints. – “The squints”? | -就跟所有斜眼一样 -“斜眼” |
[04:06] | Squints. You know, a nerdy little person in the lab, | 斜眼 就是一个待在实验室里的小书呆子 |
[04:08] | who… all they do is squint at things. They squint. | 他们每天干的事就是眯缝着眼睛看东西 眯缝眼 |
[04:12] | Is that… is he… Oh. Is he doing his, uh, | 那是 他在 他在 |
[04:14] | squint impression? You should ask him to do me. | 学斜眼吗 你应该让他学我 |
[04:15] | He does a great impersonation of me. | 他学我学得很像 |
[04:17] | Right. I don’t have any food on me. | 没错 可我现在手头没吃的 |
[04:19] | If I did, I’d have to stuff it in my mouth every ten minutes. | 要是有的话 我就得每十分钟往嘴里塞一次 |
[04:22] | So I can’t do that impression. | 所以我学不了你 |
[04:23] | Okay, he is exaggerating. | 好吧 他说得夸张了 |
[04:24] | 詹姆斯·奥布里 联邦调查局特别探员 | |
[04:25] | I don’t eat that much. | 我没那么贪吃 |
[04:29] | So, what’s going on? | 现在干吗 |
[04:31] | Are we done here? | 拍完了吗 |
[04:32] | What about the case thus far makes you believe the victim | 这案子到目前为止有什么线索 |
[04:34] | may have been murdered? | 让你们相信死者是被谋杀的呢 |
[04:35] | Finding a body in a landfill, that’s, uh… | 在垃圾堆填区找到尸体 这 |
[04:37] | that’s pretty suspicious. | 这很可疑 |
[04:39] | I mean, sometimes it’s murder. But sometimes it’s just | 有时候这是谋杀 但有时候这只是 |
[04:41] | a vagrant who had the misfortune of taking shelter | 一个不幸的流浪汉在错误的时间 |
[04:43] | in the wrong dumpster at the wrong time. | 住在了错误的垃圾箱里 |
[04:46] | No, not this time. This time my gut is saying murder. | 不 这次不是 这一次我的直觉告诉我这是谋杀 |
[04:49] | No. The only time a gut should be capable | 不 直觉[同内脏]能够展开 |
[04:51] | 阿拉斯图·瓦齐里博士 法医顾问 | |
[04:52] | of opening a murder investigation | 谋杀调查的唯一情况就是 |
[04:54] | is when that gut contains poison. | 当那个内脏里含有毒药的时候 |
[04:56] | – Or a stab wound. – Or a stab wound, yes. | -或是有刺伤 -或是刺伤 是的 |
[04:58] | A stab wound to the gut should also suffice | 内脏上有刺伤也是展开谋杀调查的 |
[05:01] | to open a murder investigation. | 充分理由 |
[05:04] | – Or a gunshot. – That’s enough, Dr. Vaziri. | -或是枪伤 -够了 瓦齐里博士 |
[05:06] | Large projecting mastoid processes indicate | 大型突出的寿台骨表明 |
[05:08] | the victim was a male. | 死者是男性 |
[05:10] | While the angular orbital socket suggests Caucasian, | 眼窝的棱角表明死者是白人 |
[05:14] | and the advancing stages of definition | 阴部表面背侧缘的高度清晰 |
[05:17] | on the dorsal margins of the pubic surfaces suggest an age range | 表明死者去世时的年龄大概在 |
[05:20] | of early- to mid-20s at time of death. Mmm. | 二十出头至二十五岁之间 |
[05:23] | Dr. Vaziri, nice to see you again. | 瓦齐里博士 再次见到你很高兴 |
[05:27] | Yes, you as well, Dr. Saroyan. | 是的 我也是 瑟罗博士 |
[05:32] | Dr. Saroyan, we are extremely busy. | 瑟罗博士 我们现在非常忙 |
[05:34] | – Is there something we can help you with? – Yes. | -你来有什么事吗 -是的 |
[05:37] | I finished analyzing the victim’s lung tissue | 我已经检验过死者的肺部组织了 |
[05:40] | and didn’t find any trace of trash particulates. | 没有找到任何垃圾微粒 |
[05:44] | Meaning the victim was dead before coming in contact | 也就是说死者在接触到那些垃圾之前 |
[05:46] | with the garbage. | 就已经死了 |
[05:47] | And the only reason a dead body ends up in the garbage | 一具死尸被丢到垃圾堆里的唯一原因就是 |
[05:50] | is when someone’s trying to get rid of it. | 某人在试图弃尸 |
[05:53] | So Booth was right. | 所以布斯是对的 |
[05:56] | This man was murdered. | 这个人是被谋杀的 |
[05:57] | Trust the gut, baby. Always trust the gut. | 相信直觉 宝贝 永远要相信直觉 |
[06:34] | So, this week in class we’ve been talking about | 这一周我们在课堂上讨论了 |
[06:37] | what we want to be when we grow up. | 我们长大后想要干什么 |
[06:39] | And now here to tell us a little bit about | 现在我们请来了克里斯汀的妈妈 |
[06:41] | what she does for a living is Christine’s mommy. | 来跟我们聊一聊她的职业 |
[06:46] | Hello. | 大家好 |
[06:48] | My name is Dr. Temperance Brennan, | 我是坦普瑞·布纳恩博士 |
[06:49] | and I am a forensic anthropologist. | 我是一名法医人类学家 |
[06:52] | Can anyone tell me what that means? | 有没有人知道这是什么意思 |
[06:54] | – Me! – Yes. | -我 -你来 |
[06:55] | If you’re a doctor, it means you fix bellyaches. | 如果你医生 就说明你治肚子疼 |
[06:58] | No, that is absolutely incorrect. | 不 完全错误 |
[07:00] | What it means is that I use skeletal remains | 正确的意思是我用骨骼遗骸 |
[07:02] | to help law enforcement solve crimes. | 来帮助执法部门破案 |
[07:05] | – Yes? – How come you only use skeletons? | -有什么问题 -为什么你只用骨骼 |
[07:08] | Because a person’s whole life is written in their bones. | 因为一个人的整个一生都写在他们的骨头里 |
[07:12] | Who they are, how they died, | 他们是谁 是怎么死的 |
[07:14] | even sometimes who killed them. | 甚至有时 是谁杀害他们的 |
[07:16] | What happens to their skin and hair? | 他们的皮肤和头发会怎样呢 |
[07:18] | Well, why don’t I show you. If I may draw your attention | 不如我给你们看看 请大家留意 |
[07:21] | to the television screen. | 电视屏幕 |
[07:26] | Okay, this is a set of human remains | 这是一具人类遗体 |
[07:28] | in the process of tissue removal by dermestid beetle. | 皮蠧甲虫正在清走他的身体组织 |
[07:35] | Maybe we don’t… use the visuals. | 或许我们不使用影像 |
[07:43] | Normally, I’d be doing a digital reconstruction. | 一般来说 我会进行数字化脸部重组 |
[07:46] | But the skull was so badly beaten | 但这个颅骨被砸烂了 |
[07:48] | that I had to come up with a new plan. | 所以我得想出新办法 |
[07:51] | My name is Angela Montenegro, and I’m a forensic artist. | 我是安吉拉·马古尼 是一名法医艺术家 |
[07:55] | I’m also kind of the resident computer nerd, | 也算是常驻的电脑技术宅 |
[07:59] | I guess. | 我想 |
[08:00] | So, oftentimes, | 很多时候 |
[08:01] | the victim’s clothing can lead | 死者的衣服能够提供 |
[08:03] | to clues about their identity. | 他们身份的相关线索 |
[08:05] | Hey, uh, would you hit the lights? | 麻烦你关一下灯 |
[08:07] | By using various wavelengths of light, | 通过使用各种不同波长的光线 |
[08:11] | I should be able to read what’s printed | 我应该能够看出死者衬衣的 |
[08:12] | beneath the staining on the victim’s shirt. | 污迹底下印着什么 |
[08:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:21] | All right. So, in the center of the shirt, | 好了 在衬衣的正中间 |
[08:25] | it looks like there’s an image of an upside-down triangle | 看来有一个上下颠倒的三角形图片 |
[08:29] | with some writing over it. | 上面有某种字样 |
[08:31] | I think it says… | 我想是写着 |
[08:33] | “American Pie Pizza.” | “美国派披萨” |
[08:37] | Guys, come here. Come here. | 伙计们 过来这边 |
[08:38] | You’re gonna love this. This is so cool. | 你们会喜欢的 这超酷的 |
[08:40] | Okay, knowing that the victim was buried in this trash, right, | 已知死者被埋在了这堆垃圾里 |
[08:43] | I figured that if I could date the trash, | 我想要是能确认垃圾的日期 |
[08:44] | I could actually determine exactly | 那就能判定 |
[08:46] | when the victim was thrown into this. | 死者被扔到这里面的确切时间 |
[08:48] | So, being the genius that I am, | 作为一名天才 |
[08:50] | I actually combined the sell-by date on a carton of eggs | 我把一盒鸡蛋的售卖截止日期 |
[08:54] | with a Blockbuster Video receipt | 与百事达租碟店的收据 |
[08:57] | and some of these, known as newspapers, | 以及这些报纸 |
[09:00] | to combine them together | 综合到一起 |
[09:01] | and determine the victim was tossed in this garbage | 确定了死者被扔进这堆垃圾的时间 |
[09:04] | on or around January 12, 2006. | 是2006年1月12日当天或前后 |
[09:07] | Boom. And that, ladies and gentlemen, | 看吧 女士们先生们 |
[09:10] | that is why they call me king of the lab. | 这就是为何他们叫我实验室之王 |
[09:13] | N-No one calls him king of the lab. | 没有人称呼他实验室之王 |
[09:15] | No one other than himself, at least. | 除了他自己 |
[09:17] | He also calls himself the king of the break room. | 他还自称是休息室之王 |
[09:19] | King of the parking lot. | 停车场之王 |
[09:21] | Oh, and once after making an anonymous donation, | 还有一次 他在匿名捐款之后 |
[09:24] | he was the king of modesty. | 他自称谦逊之王 |
[09:25] | I once heard Dr. Hodgins refer to himself | 有一次 我听到哈金斯博士自称 |
[09:28] | as the king of Egypt. | 是埃及之王 |
[09:30] | The Jeffersonian has this, uh, ancient Egyptian wing, | 杰斐逊实验室有一个古埃及区 |
[09:35] | inside of which there is this huge bed, | 在那里面有一张超大的床 |
[09:37] | which is so perfect for… | 这张床非常适合 |
[09:39] | Let’s just say if Hodgins is the king of Egypt, | 这么说吧 要是哈金斯是埃及之王 |
[09:41] | then I’m most definitely the queen. | 那么我绝对是王后 |
[09:45] | Marriage between royalty in ancient Egypt was often incestuous. | 在古埃及 王室成员间的婚姻常常是乱伦的 |
[09:52] | There you go. Give us a call. | 这给你 记得给我们电话 |
[09:58] | So, the, uh, owner says that our description of the victim | 店主说我们描述的死者 |
[10:01] | lines up with a guy that used to work here about ten years ago. | 与约十年前 曾在这里工作的一个人一致 |
[10:03] | A, uh, delivery guy by the name of Brandon Bloom. | 名叫是布兰登·布卢姆的外卖员 |
[10:11] | So what did you think of Dr. Brennan’s presentation today? | 你们觉得布纳恩博士 今天的介绍怎么样 |
[10:13] | She smelled pretty. | 她闻着香香的 |
[10:15] | I think her job is gross. | 我觉得她的工作很恶心 |
[10:17] | She’s smarter than Ms. Susan. | 她比苏珊老师聪明 |
[10:20] | In addition to being a best-selling author, | 我除了是一名畅销书的作家 |
[10:22] | I also hold three doctorates | 还拥有三个博士学位 |
[10:24] | and I-I speak eight languages, | 并且会说八种语言 |
[10:27] | two of which you’ve probably never heard of. | 其中两种你可能从没听过 |
[10:28] | So, yes, I think it’s safe to say | 所以没错 可以肯定地说 |
[10:31] | that I am indeed smarter than Ms. Susan. | 我确实比苏珊老师聪明 |
[10:36] | Hey, Dr. Brennan, welcome back. | 布纳恩博士 欢迎回来 |
[10:38] | I, um… | 我 |
[10:40] | We were just discussing the case, and, | 我们只是在讨论案件 还有 |
[10:44] | but enough about us. | 不说我们了 |
[10:45] | How was, uh, Career Day at Christine’s school? | 克里斯汀学校的职业日怎么样了 |
[10:47] | It went well. | 挺顺利的 |
[10:48] | Christine remained | 整个讲解期间 |
[10:49] | alert, attentive, and inquisitive | 克里斯汀都是思维敏捷 专心致志 |
[10:52] | throughout the entire presentation, | 和充满好奇心 |
[10:54] | all attributes which will | 有朝一日 这些特质 |
[10:56] | make her a fantastic forensic anthropologist one day. | 会让她成为出色的法医人类学家 |
[10:59] | That’s excellent. | 这太棒了 |
[10:59] | I had no idea she wanted to follow in your footsteps. | 我还不知道她想追随你的脚步 |
[11:02] | Well… | 好吧 |
[11:04] | I’m the world’s foremost forensic anthropologist | 我是世界首屈一指的法医人类学家 |
[11:06] | and Christine’s my daughter. | 克里斯汀是我的女儿 |
[11:08] | It would be foolish of her not | 她要是不利用近水楼台之便 |
[11:09] | to take advantage of that level of access. | 那就太傻了 |
[11:12] | Do you have children of your own, Dr. Saroyan? | 你有孩子吗 瑟罗博士 |
[11:14] | I do, but that’s all you’re getting, | 有 但我只能透露这么多 |
[11:16] | because like I said when we started, | 就像我一开始说的 |
[11:17] | I’m not interested in sharing the details | 我没兴趣和全世界分享 |
[11:20] | of my personal life with the world. | 我的私生活细节 |
[11:24] | I found numerous remodeled fractures | 我在桡骨与胫骨上 |
[11:26] | on the radii as well as the left tibia. | 发现了大量已愈合的骨折 |
[11:32] | The amount of remodeling | 愈合的程度 |
[11:34] | suggests the victim sustained these injuries | 表明死者是在童年 |
[11:37] | as a child. | 遭受这些创伤 |
[11:38] | I’m currently in the process of reconstructing the skull. | 我目前在重组头骨 |
[11:41] | But I did notice what appears to be a remodeled cranial fracture | 但我注意到一个已愈合的颅骨骨折 |
[11:45] | with its radiating lines positioned | 其骨裂的放射线 |
[11:46] | across the coronal suture. | 越过了冠状缝 |
[11:48] | Well, all these injuries are indicative | 这全部的创伤表明 |
[11:51] | of childhood abuse. | 是虐待儿童 |
[11:55] | So, after Aubrey got me the name, | 奥布里给我名字之后 |
[11:58] | I was able to use the hospital records | 我就可以利用医院记录 |
[12:01] | to confirm the victim’s identity. | 确认死者的身份 |
[12:05] | Name is Brandon Bloom. | 他叫布兰登·布卢姆 |
[12:07] | 25-year-old pizza delivery guy. | 二十五岁的披萨外送员 |
[12:09] | The only family member we were able to track down | 我们唯一能查到的家人 |
[12:11] | was his father, who, by the way, | 是他的父亲 顺带一提 |
[12:13] | never reported his son missing. | 他从没报案儿子失踪 |
[12:15] | On top of the fact that his son may have been abused as a child, | 除此之外 他儿子可能在童年遭到虐待 |
[12:21] | it makes my job that much more difficult. | 这让我的工作更加困难 |
[12:23] | Why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[12:25] | ‘Cause now I have to tell | 因为现在我得告知 |
[12:27] | the dad that his son is dead. | 这位爸爸 他的儿子过世了 |
[12:29] | At the same time, I got to treat him as a suspect. | 同时 我得把他当作疑犯对待 |
[12:34] | Mr. Bloom? | 布卢姆先生 |
[12:36] | We found your son Brandon. | 我们发现了你的儿子布兰登 |
[12:37] | He was murdered. | 他被谋杀了 |
[12:41] | Murdered, what…? | 被谋杀了 怎么 |
[12:44] | What…? | 怎么 |
[12:46] | What?! | 怎么回事 |
[12:46] | We found him, um, | 我们发现他 |
[12:48] | lying in a landfill for the past ten years. | 过去十年 一直陈尸在堆填区 |
[12:52] | Is there a reason why you didn’t report him missing? | 你为什么不报案他失踪了呢 |
[12:54] | Brandon always talked about dropping everything | 布兰登总是说放下一切 |
[12:56] | and moving to the Caribbean to become a bartender. | 搬到加勒比地区 当一个调酒师 |
[12:58] | I just figured he, he finally did it. | 我以为他终于做到了 |
[13:01] | “Figured”? | “以为” |
[13:02] | I’m sorry, you figured? | 抱歉 你以为吗 |
[13:04] | This is your son we’re talking about. Why didn’t you call? | 他可是你的儿子 你为什么不打电话给他 |
[13:07] | Brandon and I didn’t have the best relationship. | 布兰登和我的关系不算太好 |
[13:09] | When he dropped out of college, I was angry, pissed. | 他从大学退学时 我非常生气 |
[13:13] | I just didn’t want him to wind up like me. | 我只是不想他 最终沦落成我这样 |
[13:16] | Working back-breaking jobs for minimum wage | 下半辈子就为了最低工资 |
[13:19] | the rest of his life… | 做着累断腰的工作 |
[13:21] | When was the last time you talked to him or you saw him? | 你最后一次跟他说话 或见到他是什么时候 |
[13:23] | Oh, I called him for his 25th birthday. | 他二十五岁生日时 我打了电话给他 |
[13:26] | That would’ve been, uh, | 那天应该是 |
[13:27] | December 8, 2005? | 2005年12月8日 |
[13:30] | All right, we also got some information | 好的 我们还有一些信息 |
[13:32] | that he was abused as a kid. | 表明他小时候曾遭受虐待 |
[13:33] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你究竟想说什么 |
[13:35] | Why don’t you tell me? | 不如你来告诉我 |
[13:36] | He rode skateboards. He rode BMX bikes. | 他玩滑板 骑极限单车 |
[13:40] | He was always falling and breaking | 他总是每隔一周 |
[13:41] | a different bone every other week. | 就跌断不同的骨头 |
[13:45] | You don’t believe me, do you? | 你不相信我 对吧 |
[13:46] | What? | 什么 |
[13:48] | You think I killed my son? | 你认为我杀了自己的儿子吗 |
[13:49] | No, I’m just asking a question, that’s all. | 不 我只是问问题而已 |
[13:52] | You tell me that my son is dead, | 你告诉我 我的儿子死了 |
[13:55] | and the exact same breath, you accuse me of doing it? | 而同一时间 你指控我做了这种事 |
[14:00] | Really? | 是吗 |
[14:06] | What kind of a monster are you, huh? | 你是什么样的恶魔 |
[14:18] | Come on over here. Let’s get your pillow on here… | 过来这里 我们把枕头放到这里 |
[14:21] | – Stand up straight, hold that. – Being a father yourself, | -站直了 别动 -作为一名父亲 |
[14:22] | how do you accuse a man | 你怎么能指控一个人 |
[14:23] | of killing his own child? | 杀害了自己的孩子 |
[14:25] | Look, I love my children | 听着 我爱我的孩子 |
[14:26] | and I’d bend the world to protect them. | 为了保护他们 我宁愿与全世界为敌 |
[14:28] | To-to think about harming one of them is inconceivable to me. | 我无法想象自己会想伤害他们 |
[14:32] | But, you see, there’s darkness in this world. | 但是 世上存在着阴暗的事 |
[14:34] | – Ready? – And just because you | -准备好了 -只因为你 |
[14:35] | or I might not be able to see it doesn’t mean it isn’t there. | 或我没能看到 不意味着没有 |
[14:39] | – Oh, what a save! – Now, I certainly hope this man | -救得好 -我当然希望他 |
[14:41] | didn’t kill his own child. | 没有杀他自己的孩子 |
[14:43] | But at the end of the day my loyalty isn’t to him. | 说到底 我要忠于的不是他 |
[14:46] | It’s to the kid. | 是他的儿子 |
[14:47] | Save! They win the Cup! | 成功救球 他们赢得了奖杯 |
[14:49] | They win the Cup! Come on, give me a hug! | 他们赢得了奖杯 快来给我个拥抱 |
[14:51] | – They won the Cup! – Upon further examination | -他们赢得了奖杯 -在对死者的遗骨 |
[14:53] | of the victim’s bones, I discovered evidence | 进行进一步检查后 我发现 |
[14:57] | of a remodeled Colles’ fracture on the left radius. | 在左桡骨有一处愈合的克雷氏骨折 |
[15:00] | Its presence suggests that the victim’s father | 意味着死者父亲说自己儿子 |
[15:03] | may have been telling the truth about the origin | 童年旧伤来源的那些话 |
[15:06] | of his son’s childhood injuries. | 可能是真的 |
[15:11] | So, after Brandon went missing, | 布兰登失踪后 |
[15:13] | the room that he was renting just sat empty. | 他当时租的房子就一直空着 |
[15:15] | Eventually, the kid’s landlord boxed up all of his belongings, | 最终他的房东收拾了他所有的物品 |
[15:18] | gave ’em to Brandon’s dad. | 把它们交给了布兰登的父亲 |
[15:20] | There’s, uh, not really much in here. | 这里面没什么东西 |
[15:21] | We got a Dodgeball DVD, uh, some… a couple old magazines, | 里面有《疯狂躲避球》DVD 一些旧杂志 |
[15:26] | and, uh, oh, yeah– a whole bunch of burned CDs. | 还有 一堆自刻的CD |
[15:29] | Apparently the victim was a big Linkin Park fan. | 显然死者是林肯公园乐队的粉丝 |
[15:32] | Of course, not big enough to actually buy their music, | 当然他还没喜欢到去掏钱买他们的唱片 |
[15:35] | but certainly enough to steal it. | 但盗刻的钱还是有的 |
[15:37] | Also liked Papa Roach, | 他还喜欢蟑螂老爹乐队 |
[15:41] | Hoobastank and, uh… | 好把戏乐队 以及 |
[15:45] | “Financial Stuff.” Right. | 财务状况 就是它了 |
[15:47] | Well, let’s see what this one’s all about here. | 我们看看里面有什么 |
[15:56] | Right. | 好 |
[16:01] | Okay, so this looks like a spreadsheet of all of Brandon’s finances. | 这看上去像是布兰登的财务汇总表 |
[16:05] | Mainly just a list of his bills. | 主要都是他的账单 |
[16:07] | Rent, cell phone. | 房租 手机话费 |
[16:11] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[16:14] | At the time of his death, Brandon owed $3,000 | 在遇害时布兰登欠一个叫 |
[16:17] | to someone listed here as “C. Collins”. | C.柯林斯的人三千美元 |
[16:21] | That– that’s exactly what we’re looking for, okay? | 这 这就是我们要找的 |
[16:24] | When it comes to murder, money– | 对于谋杀来说 金钱 |
[16:26] | always a motive. | 永远是动机之一 |
[16:29] | Knowing what was in a victim’s system | 了解死者死亡时体内所含的物质 |
[16:30] | when they died often paints a clearer picture | 经常可以为了解他们的生活方式 |
[16:33] | of how they lived. And, uh, | 提供更多线索 而且 |
[16:36] | according to the tox screen results, | 根据毒理检测结果 |
[16:40] | our victim lived in a cloud of marijuana smoke. | 死者生前是个吸大麻的大烟枪 |
[16:43] | There were extremely high levels of THC | 在死亡时 布兰登体内的 |
[16:46] | in Brandon’s system when he died. | 四氢大麻酚含量非常高 |
[16:47] | That would explain his questionable taste in music. | 这可以解释他对音乐的可疑品味 |
[16:50] | Uh, Dr. Saroyan, if you have a moment I’d like to show you | 瑟罗博士 如果你有时间 我想给你看 |
[16:52] | something I discovered on the bones. | 我在骨骸上发现的新线索 |
[16:57] | I still haven’t found cause of death, | 我依然没有发现死因 |
[16:58] | but I did notice | 但我注意到 |
[16:59] | a couple of perimortem hairline fractures | 在死者的右尺骨上有 |
[17:02] | on the victim’s right ulna. | 一些死亡时造成的骨裂 |
[17:03] | Do you think these could be defensive wounds? | 你觉得这会是自卫伤吗 |
[17:05] | Yes. The description of the wounds leads me to believe | 对 裂伤的情况让我相信 |
[17:07] | they were created by a weapon with rounded edges. | 它们是由一把有圆滑边缘的武器造成的 |
[17:12] | The degree of curvature makes me wonder | 这曲度让我觉得 |
[17:14] | if both these wounds could have been sustained by a single blow. | 这两处裂伤可能是由同一次击打造成的 |
[17:22] | The distance between the injuries is… | 两处伤痕之间的距离是 |
[17:25] | 26.8 centimeters, roughly the width of a tennis racket. | 26.8厘米 差不多是网球拍的宽度 |
[17:29] | The injuries could have been made by the beams. | 这些伤可能是拍框造成的 |
[17:31] | I’ll notify Booth. | 我来告诉布斯 |
[17:33] | The two of you make a pretty good team, | 你们俩真是好搭档 |
[17:34] | the way you work off of each other. | 你们工作的方式很搭 |
[17:36] | We do make a good team, don’t we? | 我们的确是好搭档 对吧 |
[17:38] | Well, uh, t… we’ve been working together a long time. | 我们已经共事了很久了 |
[17:40] | That’s all. There’s-there’s nothing special | 就是这样 我和瓦齐里博士之间 |
[17:43] | about my relationship with Dr. Vaziri. | 没有什么特别关系 |
[17:46] | It’s, uh, no different than my relationship | 与我和其他实习生的关系 |
[17:49] | with any of the other interns. | 没有区别 |
[17:50] | I think Dr. Saroyan is an excellent boss. | 我觉得瑟罗博士是很优秀的上司 |
[17:52] | She’s not one of those micromanagers always | 她不是那种总是盯着你 |
[17:54] | hovering over your shoulder. She gives us the space | 对你指手画脚的老板 她给我们足够空间 |
[17:57] | we need to do our best work. | 让我们发挥到最好 |
[17:58] | What do you think of her on a personal level? | 你觉得她个人是一个怎样的人 |
[18:00] | Okay, I-I think that’s about enough. | 好了 到此为止 |
[18:06] | Well, before your next speech maybe you could hand out sick bags. | 下次你在开始讲之前可以先发呕吐袋 |
[18:09] | You’ll be happy to know | 你听到这个会很高兴 |
[18:11] | that Christine remained unfazed | 克里斯汀在看骨骸清理过程时 |
[18:13] | while witnessing the bones being defleshed. | 一直镇定自若 |
[18:15] | She’s used to it, okay? At home, you have pi-pictures | 她已经习惯了好吗 在家里 |
[18:18] | of dead bodies just lying around all over the place. | 到处都是你那些死尸的照片 |
[18:20] | I’m just trying to prepare her. | 我只是让她做好准备 |
[18:21] | For what, therapy? | 做什么 治疗吗 |
[18:22] | Her future as a forensic anthropologist. | 她作为法医人类学家的未来 |
[18:24] | No, she’s not gonna be a squint, okay? | 不 她才不会当科学家呢 |
[18:25] | She is gonna be a hockey player in the NHL. | 她会去冰球联盟当冰球运动员 |
[18:28] | – That’s ridiculous, Booth. – That’s not ridiculous, okay? | -这太荒唐了 布斯 -这才不荒唐 |
[18:31] | In ’91 there was a goaltender who played for Tampa Bay– | 在91年坦帕湾队有个守门员 |
[18:34] | Manon Rhéaume– she was amazing. | 玛农·瑞哈姆 她太厉害了 |
[18:36] | I’m well aware that a woman can do anything a man can do. | 我当然知道男人能做到的女人也可以 |
[18:39] | What is ridiculous is the notion | 荒唐的是你觉得 |
[18:41] | that our daughter would dedicate her brilliant mind | 我们的女儿要把她聪明的脑袋 |
[18:44] | to the purpose of swatting away rubber pucks. | 用在打小橡胶圆盘[冰球]上 |
[18:46] | Okay, look, I’m just saying | 好吧 我只是说 |
[18:47] | I don’t want her wasting her childhood | 我不想让她把童年浪费在 |
[18:49] | looking at bones and-and | 看骨头和 |
[18:51] | thinking about death all the time. | 总是思考死亡这些事情上 |
[18:53] | I looked at bones and thought about death as a child | 我还小的时候就观察骨头 也思考死亡 |
[18:55] | and I don’t think it was a waste. | 我没觉得这是浪费时间啊 |
[18:56] | I’ve known I wanted a career | 我在五岁时就知道 |
[18:59] | in anthropology since I was five years old. | 我想从事与人类学相关的工作 |
[19:02] | I used to dissect the carcasses | 我曾经解剖过家附近 |
[19:05] | of dead animals in the neighborhood. | 出现的动物尸体 |
[19:08] | Roadkill. Old pets. | 像是被车撞死的动物 老死的宠物 |
[19:10] | The occasional dead bird outside the window. | 窗外偶然出现的死鸟 |
[19:13] | The other kids thought I was weird. | 其他孩子觉得我是个怪胎 |
[19:16] | They’d call me names. | 他们给我起了很多外号 |
[19:18] | Morticia… | 莫蒂西亚 |
[19:21] | Jenny Dahmer. | 詹妮·达莫 |
[19:25] | But I never let it stop me. | 但我从未因此停下脚步 |
[19:29] | Because I knew that | 因为我知道 |
[19:30] | I was going to make something of myself one day. | 有志者事竟成 |
[19:35] | Well, this job was supposed to be temporary. | 这份工作本来只是临时的 |
[19:38] | The plan was to make enough money | 我的原计划是挣足够多的钱 |
[19:40] | to get to Paris and paint. So… | 去巴黎当画家 所以 |
[19:44] | So why didn’t you? | 那你为什么没去呢 |
[19:46] | Honestly, I thought Booth was kind of cute. | 说实话 我以前觉得布斯很可爱 |
[19:49] | But then she thought “Why settle for cute | 但她后来想 能找个威武帅哥时 |
[19:51] | when you could have ruggedly handsome?” | 为什么要找可爱家伙呢 |
[19:54] | What do you have, honey? | 你发现什么了 亲爱的 |
[19:55] | Uh, yeah, so, I actually think I struck gold. | 我觉得我应该是找到宝了 |
[19:57] | I found this flip phone | 我在垃圾堆里 |
[19:59] | in the trash pile. | 发现了这个翻盖手机 |
[20:00] | ‘Cause of the Linkin Park, | 因为上面有林肯公园乐队的贴纸 |
[20:01] | um, sticker there, I thought it might have | 我觉得这有可能是 |
[20:03] | actually belonged to our victim. | 死者的手机 |
[20:04] | So, cell phone companies don’t usually retain their records | 因为移动运营商一般只保留最近十年的记录 |
[20:08] | beyond ten years, so if we want to find out who the victim | 所以我们要找出死者在遇害当天 |
[20:11] | was talking to on the day of his death, then we have to… | 和谁通过话 那就要 |
[20:13] | Then we need my extremely smart, extremely beautiful wife | 那就需要我无敌美丽聪慧的妻子 |
[20:16] | to reconstruct the phone. | 来重建这个手机了 |
[20:17] | Which… You’re actually probably gonna want these. | 因此 你可能需要这个 |
[20:21] | That, uh, phone there, it smells like it’s been bathing | 那个手机闻起来像是 |
[20:24] | in trash water for the past ten years. | 在泔水里泡了十年 |
[20:26] | Which, by the way, it has. | 顺便说一句 还真是这样 |
[20:31] | I should have gone to Paris. | 我当年应该去巴黎的 |
[20:34] | So, there are over 60 C. Collins | 在蒙哥马利县或者它附近的住户 |
[20:36] | living in or around Montgomery County. | 有六十个叫C.柯林斯的 |
[20:39] | But only one of them, a guy by the name of Carl Collins, | 但只有一个 一个叫卡尔·柯林斯的 |
[20:41] | has been arrested multiple times for dealing pot | 曾经在死者的老家罗克维尔 |
[20:44] | in the victim’s hometown of Rockville. | 因为贩卖大麻被逮捕过多次 |
[20:45] | You think the $3,000 the victim owed | 你觉得这三千美元可能是 |
[20:47] | may have been a drug debt? | 死者买大麻欠下的钱吗 |
[20:48] | Well, we know that the victim liked his pot. | 我们知道死者喜欢抽大麻 |
[20:51] | He certainly didn’t have anything else in his life | 生活中也肯定没有其他 |
[20:52] | worth that kind of money, so, yeah, | 值这么一笔钱的东西 所以 |
[20:54] | it seems like a pretty good theory. | 这理论看上去说得通 |
[21:02] | Carl Collins, we’re with the FBI. | 卡尔·柯林斯 我们是联调局的 |
[21:05] | Oh, man. Am I on Cops? | 天哪 我上《美国警察》了吗 |
[21:07] | Well, something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[21:09] | Do you remember a guy by the name of Brandon Bloom? | 你还记得一个叫布兰登·布卢姆的人吗 |
[21:12] | Yeah, of course, I remember the Bloom-atic. | 当然了 我记得那小子 |
[21:14] | What’s that dill weed been up to? I haven’t seen him in years. | 那个笨蛋跑哪儿去了 我好多年没见到他了 |
[21:17] | Well, the Bloom-atic is dead. He was murdered | 那小子死了 他在十年前 |
[21:19] | about ten years ago. Right around the time | 就遇害了 就在他 |
[21:20] | he owed you quite a bit of money. | 欠下你一大笔钱的那个时候 |
[21:22] | He’s dead? That’s jacked up. | 他死了吗 太惨了 |
[21:25] | Bloom was my boy. | 布卢姆是我的人 |
[21:26] | Carl, what’s going on out there? I told you I didn’t want | 卡尔 发生什么了 我告诉过你 |
[21:29] | any of that going on around my house. | 我不想在我家附近看到你干那些破事 |
[21:31] | Relax, Ma. We’re not doing anything. | 放心 妈 我们什么都没做 |
[21:32] | Who are the cameras? They’re… | 那些摄像的是怎么回事 他们 |
[21:34] | my friends, okay? | 是我朋友 好吗 |
[21:35] | We’re filming a movie. | 我们在拍电影 |
[21:37] | Just go back inside, will you? | 你快回去好不好 |
[21:43] | So, uh, Brandon was your boy, huh? | 布兰登是你的人 |
[21:45] | Yeah, damn straight. We were business partners. | 是啊 没错 我们是生意伙伴 |
[21:47] | – Right, selling pot. – Nah, man. | -卖大麻的伙伴吗 -不是 |
[21:49] | Selling T-shirts. | 是卖T恤的 |
[21:51] | The money he owed me– that was for inventory. | 他欠我的钱…那是买货的钱 |
[21:53] | Here, I’ll show you. | 过来 我给你看看 |
[21:54] | These damn things didn’t sell for crap. | 这些破玩意一文不值 |
[21:57] | I’ll say they didn’t. | 我看也是 |
[21:59] | Not a single one. | 一件都卖不出 |
[22:01] | Stupid, stuck-up town. | 愚蠢的 没人要的玩意 |
[22:03] | “Stupid, stuck-up town.” | “愚蠢的 没人要的玩意” |
[22:04] | Yeah, check it out. | 是的 你们自己看 |
[22:06] | I’m sorry, are those two pigs? | 不好意思 那是两头猪吗 |
[22:07] | Wait till you check out the back. “Porking.” | 等你看到背面再说吧 “肉搏中” |
[22:10] | It’s funny, right? | 这很有趣 不是吗 |
[22:11] | Yeah, makin’ bacon. | 是啊 成了培根呢 |
[22:12] | That is funny. I got nine more boxes | 这很有意思 我还有九盒呢 |
[22:14] | if you guys are interested. | 如果你们喜欢的话 |
[22:15] | No, I think we’re good. | 不 我想我们还是免了吧 |
[22:17] | But, listen, did Brandon mention anything going on | 不过 听着 布兰登不再过来的那段时间 |
[22:19] | in his life around the time that he stopped coming around? | 有没有提到过他身边发生了什么事 |
[22:22] | Anybody that might’ve wanted to hurt him? | 有没有人可能会想伤害他 |
[22:23] | Uh, you guys should talk to that chick, Amy. | 你们应该跟那个小妞谈谈 艾米 |
[22:25] | – Amy. – Yeah. | -艾米 -是的 |
[22:26] | They had a pretty nasty breakup. | 他俩的分手闹得很僵 |
[22:28] | And… oh, damn. | 而且…糟了 |
[22:30] | It was right around the same time | 那差不多正是布兰登不再 |
[22:32] | that Brandon stopped coming by. | 来这里的时候 |
[22:34] | Wow, he breaks up with his girl, then disappears. | 原来他跟女朋友分手后就消失了 |
[22:35] | You don’t think that’s odd? | 你都没觉得这太巧了吗 |
[22:37] | What, I was supposed to think that the dude got murdered? | 怎么 难道我该想到这哥们被谋杀了吗 |
[22:40] | No. Amy was a total goody-good. | 不 艾米绝对是个乖女孩 |
[22:42] | She was going to school, | 她会去学校 |
[22:44] | playing sports, you know, being all healthy. | 还坚持运动 就是很注意保持健康 |
[22:47] | What kind of sports she play? | 她做什么运动 |
[22:49] | Oh, man. | 我的天 |
[22:49] | I’d have to think… | 我得想想… |
[22:55] | Got it? | 想出来了吗 |
[22:56] | Come on. | 加油 |
[22:59] | – Tennis. I think it was tennis. – Tennis. | -网球 我想是网球 -网球 |
[23:01] | – I think it was tennis. – Tennis, tennis. | -我想就是网球 -网球 网球 |
[23:03] | Hey, man, when is this gonna be on? | 对了 这片子什么时候会播 |
[23:05] | – What? – My episode of Cops. | -什么 -我上《美国警察》那集 |
[23:06] | I just want to tell my peeps when to watch. | 我只想告诉我的小弟们什么时候看电视 |
[23:13] | 2.2, all cash. | 2.2 要现金 |
[23:14] | Three-day close. Take it or leave it. | 给你三天 不要拉倒 |
[23:17] | Can you, uh, hang up the phone | 能否请你…把电话挂掉 |
[23:18] | and have a seat, please, Ms. Lee? | 并且坐下来呢 李女士 |
[23:19] | Look, I’m really sorry to hear about Brandon. | 听着 我对布兰登的事感到很难过 |
[23:22] | But I don’t know how I’m supposed to help. | 但我不知道我有什么能帮忙的 |
[23:24] | I haven’t seen him in over ten years. | 我这十年多来都没见过他 |
[23:26] | Which is exactly the amount of time that he’s been dead. | 这正是他已经死去的时间 |
[23:29] | And according to Carl Collins, | 而且根据卡尔·柯林斯的说法 |
[23:30] | you two had a pretty nasty breakup | 你们两位刚好在他死前分手了 |
[23:32] | – right before he was murdered. – Carl Collins? | -而且闹得很僵 -卡尔·柯林斯 |
[23:34] | Carl Collins is a moron. | 卡尔·柯林斯是个傻瓜 |
[23:36] | Is he still dealing pot out of his mom’s basement? | 他是不是还在用他妈妈的地下室卖大麻呢 |
[23:38] | Okay, let’s not worry about Carl, all right? | 行了 我们别管卡尔怎样了 好吗 |
[23:40] | Listen, why don’t you, uh… why don’t you tell me | 听着 不如…不如你直接告诉我 |
[23:41] | about your relationship with Brandon? | 你跟布兰登的关系怎样吧 |
[23:43] | Brandon was actually a sweet guy. | 布兰登其实是个很好的人 |
[23:45] | He just had no idea what he wanted out of life. | 他只是不知道自己想要什么样的生活 |
[23:47] | He was aimless, jumping from one crappy job to the next, | 他没有目标 不停地换垃圾工作 |
[23:51] | just like his father. | 就像他爸爸一样 |
[23:52] | That must have been frustrating | 这对于像你这样上进的人来说 |
[23:54] | for someone as driven as yourself. | 一定是很郁闷吧 |
[23:57] | The T-shirt fiasco was the last straw. | T恤生意的惨败是最后一根稻草 |
[23:59] | Brandon lost thousands trying to sell these ridiculous shirts. | 布兰登为了卖那些可笑的衣服损失了几千块钱 |
[24:02] | We got into a big fight about it. | 我们大吵了一架 |
[24:04] | He said if I couldn’t support his dream, I should leave. | 他说如果我不支持他的梦想 我就该滚 |
[24:07] | His dream was to sell neon green, X-rated T-shirts? | 他的梦想就是卖柠檬绿色的色情T恤吗 |
[24:11] | I don’t know what his dream was, and neither did he, | 我不知道他的梦想是什么 他也不知道 |
[24:13] | so I did what he suggested and left. | 所以他让我滚我就滚了 |
[24:16] | And not to be crass, | 我不是冷酷无情 |
[24:18] | kind of sounds like I made the right choice. | 我感觉我的选择是正确的 |
[24:21] | I just feel bad for the victim. | 我只是为被害人感到难过 |
[24:23] | I feel like he never found his place in the world. | 我感觉他从来没找到自己在世界上的位置 |
[24:25] | Well, perhaps he never found it | 好吧 也许他没找到 |
[24:26] | because he was never really looking. | 是因为他从来没认真寻找过 |
[24:28] | He seemed very content living a small life | 好像只要做一个吸毒的快递员 |
[24:30] | as a drug-abusing delivery boy. | 这种小小的生活就能让他心满意足了 |
[24:33] | Well, I just know that it’s a tough spot to be in. | 好吧 我只知道这种日子很不好过 |
[24:36] | – That’s all. – So, Agent Booth, | -就这样而已 -那么 布斯探员 |
[24:38] | you were an athlete growing up? | 你小时候也擅长运动吗 |
[24:39] | Hockey and football– | 曲棍球和橄榄球 |
[24:40] | I mean, those were my two sports. | 我是说 这两个是属于我的运动 |
[24:41] | My two big sports. | 是我的两大强项运动 |
[24:42] | I played both them all the way through high school. | 我玩这两个一直玩到高中 |
[24:44] | Actually got a scholarship to, to play football in college, | 其实还拿到过大学的橄榄球奖学金 |
[24:48] | but that didn’t go too well, | 但后来结果不太顺利 |
[24:49] | because I ended up wrenching my shoulder, | 因为我扭伤了肩膀 |
[24:52] | and that put an end to my football career. | 这使我的橄榄球生涯结束了 |
[24:54] | So for the first time, | 所以那是我第一次 |
[24:55] | I actually had to really think about | 认真思考我自己这辈子 |
[24:57] | what I wanted to do in life. | 究竟想做什么 |
[25:00] | So after about two years | 于是大约有两年时间 |
[25:01] | of just tooling around and doing nothing, | 我一直游手好闲 什么都没干 |
[25:02] | I decided to do what my family was doing. | 然后我决定要做我的家人做过的事 |
[25:04] | That was join the military. | 那就是参军 |
[25:06] | After spending a little bit too much | 因为我在军队待了太久 |
[25:08] | time there, in the military, it kind of made my transition | 改做执法人员就很自然 |
[25:10] | a lot easier into, um, law enforcement. | 执法机关的生活 |
[25:14] | Maybe not that easy, ’cause, you know, | 也许也没那么容易 因为 你知道的 |
[25:15] | I had to still work with the squints. | 我还得跟斜眼小分队一起工作 |
[25:19] | Christine, what is it you want to be when you grow up? | 克里斯汀 你长大以后想干什么 |
[25:21] | – Do you want to be a forensic anthropologist like Mommy? – Nah. | -想学妈妈做个法医人类学家吗 -不 |
[25:24] | Oh, ouch, Bones. That’s-that’s got to hurt, eh? | 糟啦 骨头 这话让你难过了吧 |
[25:27] | She wants to be a goalie for the Philadelphia Flyers. | 她想做一名费城飞人队的守门员 |
[25:30] | Nah. | 不 |
[25:32] | Well, what do you want to do, sweetheart? | 好吧 那你想做什么呢 宝贝 |
[25:34] | She’s six years old. She’s got a lot of time to decide. | 她才六岁 她还有很长时间慢慢决定呢 |
[25:36] | I want to sell cars like Toby’s daddy. | 我想像托比的爸爸那样卖汽车 |
[25:41] | – Yeah, she can sell cars. – No! | -好啊 她可以卖汽车 -不行 |
[25:43] | Absolutely not! Our daughter is not going | 绝对不行 我们的女儿不会 |
[25:45] | to be selling cars for a living, Booth. | 以卖汽车为生的 布斯 |
[25:46] | Why? Look, we support our daughter. | 为什么 听着 我们要支持女儿 |
[25:49] | – No. – No matter what she does, we love… | -不 -不管她做什么 我们都爱… |
[25:50] | – Not me. – Bones, come on. | -我才不支持 -骨头 别这样 |
[25:51] | That’s not what this is about, okay? | 不是这么回事 好吗 |
[25:54] | If Sweets was here, you know, he would probably say | 如果小甜甜在的话 他很可能会说 |
[25:56] | that by Christine rejecting your job, | 由于克里斯汀拒绝和你做一样的事 |
[25:59] | you feel like she’s rejecting you. | 你感到她在抵抗你 |
[26:01] | Well, that is absolutely what he would say, but he’d be wrong | 他是肯定会这么说的 但他错了 |
[26:03] | because psychology is not a real science, so… | 因为心理学并不是真正的科学 所以… |
[26:06] | I’m sorry, I wasn’t aware you two were in therapy. | 不好意思 我不知道你们在看心理医生 |
[26:08] | – We’re not. – Well, we were. | -我们没有 -好吧 我们曾经看过 |
[26:09] | We’re… Well… | 我们…是这么回事 |
[26:11] | Sweets was a friend, but… | 斯维斯是我们的朋友 |
[26:12] | …he’s dead now. | 但…他现在已经死了 |
[26:14] | He was a psychologist with the Bureau, and, um, | 他是联调局的心理学家 而且 |
[26:17] | I would argue that… he’s probably the reason | 我会说…他可能正是 |
[26:21] | why we’re together? | 我们在一起的原因 |
[26:23] | I would say, yeah, pretty much. | 我会说 是的 基本上是的 |
[26:26] | We still miss him a lot. | 我们还是非常想念他 |
[26:29] | Yeah. He was a good friend, and, uh, | 是的 他是我们的好朋友 而且 |
[26:32] | this job can be hard sometimes. | 这份工作有时很难做 |
[26:37] | I was at, uh, | 我当时正在 |
[26:38] | Booth and Brennan’s house for dinner. | 布斯和布纳恩家里吃饭 |
[26:41] | It was supposed to be a couples night, | 那晚本应是一个夫妻之夜 |
[26:42] | but then Hodgins got called out to a crime scene. | 但后来哈金斯被叫出去搜查犯罪现场了 |
[26:46] | As soon as my phone rang, I knew that something was wrong. | 我的手机一响 我就知道出事了 |
[26:50] | They said a-a bomb had gone off at the scene and that… | 他们说现场有一枚炸弹爆炸了 |
[26:55] | Hodgins was in the hospital. | 然后哈金斯被送进了医院 |
[26:58] | He was… | 他从… |
[26:59] | paralyzed from the waist down. | 腰以下的部位都瘫痪了 |
[27:03] | Zack? | 扎克 |
[27:04] | Yeah, um, Dr. Zack Addy was a forensic anthropologist | 是的 扎克·安迪博士曾是 |
[27:08] | who worked here at the Jeffersonian. | 杰斐逊实验室的一名法医人类学家 |
[27:09] | He was a… sweet kid and, um, | 他是个…可爱的孩子 而且 |
[27:13] | a really dear friend. | 是个非常亲切的朋友 |
[27:15] | I think just, you know, working here around… | 我想只是 你知道 在这里工作 |
[27:17] | around all the… all the death and murder was just, um– | 整天面对那么多死亡和谋杀…这事 |
[27:19] | it was a little… it was a little too much. | 有点…有点太让人难以承受了 |
[27:21] | Dr. Addy had to be institutionalized? | 安迪博士不得不被送进精神病院 |
[27:24] | Is that correct? | 对吗 |
[27:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:28] | That is correct. | 没错 |
[27:33] | A few years back, | 好多年以前 |
[27:34] | after Zack left, | 在扎克走了以后 |
[27:35] | there was an intern here named Vincent. | 这里曾有个实习生叫文森特 |
[27:37] | Really cool guy. | 他是个很酷的人 |
[27:38] | Always spouting these weird, obscure facts. | 整天说些怪怪的 晦涩的事实 |
[27:41] | Anyway, Vincent had been | 总之 有一次文森特在查 |
[27:43] | working a serial sniper case. | 一个连环狙击手的案子 |
[27:44] | It was dangerous. | 这很危险 |
[27:46] | We all knew the killer was still out there, | 我们都知道凶手还没归案 |
[27:47] | but we figured we were at least safe here in the lab. | 但我们觉得至少在实验室里是安全的 |
[27:51] | Vincent was right there on the platform | 当子弹射穿了窗户 射中他的胸膛时 |
[27:53] | when the bullet shattered the window and hit him in the chest. | 他正站在那个工作台上 |
[27:56] | He died in Dr. Brennan’s arms. | 他死在了布纳恩博士的臂弯中 |
[27:59] | She took it pretty hard. | 她一直很难释怀 |
[28:01] | Dr. Brennan’s our mentor, | 布纳恩博士是我们的导师 |
[28:02] | and even though she’ll never admit it, | 虽然她绝不会承认 |
[28:04] | I think she tends to regard all of her interns as her children. | 我认为她倾向于把她的实习生都视作孩子 |
[28:08] | So to lose one… | 所以失去一个实习生… |
[28:08] | Dr. Vaziri, we have yet to determine cause of death, | 瓦齐里博士 我们还得鉴定死因 |
[28:11] | so stop talking and get back to work. | 别说了 回去工作 |
[28:13] | Yes, ma’am. | 遵命 女士 |
[28:25] | I was doing some research, | 我做了一番调查 |
[28:27] | and I discovered the type of tennis racket | 查出了死者前任在大学时 |
[28:29] | the victim’s ex used throughout college. | 用的那种网球拍 |
[28:30] | And was it a match for the defensive wounds | 那它和死者尺骨的防御伤 |
[28:32] | we found on the victim’s ulna? | 是否吻合呢 |
[28:34] | The width of the beams on her racket | 相比于那些伤口 |
[28:35] | were too thin to have created these injuries. | 她球拍网梁柄的宽度太窄 |
[28:37] | There appears to be a fracture | 在第四掌骨 |
[28:38] | on the distal shaft of the fourth metacarpal. | 远骨处似乎有骨折 |
[28:41] | A boxers fracture. | 拳击者骨折[掌骨骨折] |
[28:43] | The victim must have punched his killer. | 死者肯定击打过凶手 |
[28:45] | If the punch was delivered with enough force | 既然击打的力道很重 |
[28:49] | to break the victim’s hand, | 死者自己的手都骨折了 |
[28:51] | it may have been powerful enough to injure our killer. | 那应该也足够大力会伤到凶手 |
[28:57] | How’s it, uh, coming with the victim’s cell phone? | 死者手机那边情况如何 |
[28:59] | Well, it was too damaged to reconstruct, | 损毁严重 无法修复 |
[29:02] | but I was able to recover the memory chip, so, | 但我在JTAG仿真器的帮助下 |
[29:05] | with the help of this JTAG emulator, | 恢复了存储芯片 |
[29:07] | I should be able to retrieve the chip’s data. | 应该能找回芯片上的数据 |
[29:13] | Uh, hopefully, you’ll be able to read this, | 但愿你能看懂这个 |
[29:15] | ’cause I have no idea what any of it means. | 因为我完全不明白这是什么意思 |
[29:17] | Oh, well, it doesn’t mean anything | 除非我输入手机操作系统和文档结构 |
[29:19] | until I input the phone’s operating system and file structure. | 否则谁也看不懂有什么意思 |
[29:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[29:27] | All right, so now we have a list | 行 现在我们有了 |
[29:30] | of all the calls made and received on the victim’s phone. | 死者手机的接听和呼出记录 |
[29:33] | The last incoming call came from the victim’s father. | 最后一通来电是他父亲的 |
[29:35] | 联系人 爸 | |
[29:35] | And it looks like they spoke for a good seven minutes | 看来他们在布兰登遇害当晚 |
[29:38] | on the night of Brandon’s death. | 通话时长足有七分钟 |
[29:40] | I thought the dad said | 我记得死者爸爸说过 |
[29:42] | he and Brandon weren’t on speaking terms? | 他和布兰登不怎么说话呢 |
[29:44] | That’s what he said, but it’s certainly not the truth. | 他是这么说 但事实显然并非如此 |
[29:49] | So, knowing that our victim had been in a fight with his killer, | 因为知道死者和凶手打过一架 |
[29:51] | I’ve been checking with hospitals around Rockville, | 我查了洛克威利附近的医院 |
[29:53] | which is actually difficult because of the whole time thing. | 由于时间原因 查起来其实很麻烦 |
[29:55] | Aubrey, do you have anything for me or not? | 奥布里 你到底有没有线索要告诉我 |
[29:57] | Just, okay, on the night of Brandon’s death, | 就是…布兰登遇害当晚 |
[29:59] | his father checked into St. Andrews | 他父亲眼窝断折 |
[30:01] | with a broken orbital socket. | 去了圣安德鲁斯医院 |
[30:02] | Oh, busted eye. I mean, that’s the same type of injury | 爆眼 就是那种打架过程中可能会 |
[30:04] | you would get if you were in a fight. | 造成的损伤 |
[30:06] | Why can’t you just say that | 你干嘛不直接这么说呢 |
[30:07] | instead of “broken orbital”? | 为什么要说”眼断折”呢 |
[30:10] | Socket. | 眼窝 |
[30:17] | Oh, right there. | 就是这儿了 |
[30:18] | So, Roy, on the night of Brandon’s death, | 罗伊 在布兰登遇害当晚 |
[30:20] | you spoke to him on the phone for over seven minutes. | 你跟他通话超过七分钟 |
[30:23] | That’s a lot of talking for somebody | 你们不是不怎么交流吗 |
[30:24] | who wasn’t talking to each other. | 说得可够多啊 |
[30:27] | That was the night Brandon died? | 布兰登就是那天死的吗 |
[30:31] | Look, it’s not what you think. | 不是你们想的那样 |
[30:33] | It is what I’m thinking, | 就是我想的那样 |
[30:34] | ’cause I’m thinking that you lied to us, Roy. | 因为我认为你对我们说谎 罗伊 |
[30:36] | – I was embarrassed. – I’d be embarrassed, too. | -我太不好意思了 -换我也是 |
[30:38] | You just killed your own son. | 你杀了亲生儿子 |
[30:39] | – I owed a guy money. – A guy? | -我欠别人钱 -别人 |
[30:41] | – What kind of guy? – A bookie. | -哪种人 -赌马经纪人 |
[30:43] | I made a couple of bad bets, and when he… | 我赌了几次没弄好 他来 |
[30:45] | he came to collect, I didn’t have the cash. | 他来收钱时 我没有现金 |
[30:48] | He roughed me up, | 他揍了我一顿 |
[30:49] | opened up my eye. | 眼睛都打坏了 |
[30:50] | So you called your son on to go get the money? | 于是你给儿子打电话筹钱 |
[30:52] | No, I called an ambulance. | 没有 我打电话叫了救护车 |
[30:56] | When I didn’t have a ride home from the hospital, | 但我从医院出来 找不到车送我回家 |
[30:58] | that’s when I called Brandon. | 这时我才联系布兰登 |
[31:03] | I didn’t have anybody else. | 我又找不到别的人可联系 |
[31:05] | Wait. So not only did you… | 等等 这么说你不仅 |
[31:07] | did you talk to your son on the night he died, | 在你儿子死那天跟他打了电话 |
[31:08] | – but you also saw him? – No. | -你还见到了他 -没有 |
[31:11] | Look, I told Brandon what happened, | 我跟布兰登讲了发生的事情 |
[31:15] | and he laughed. | 然后他笑了 |
[31:17] | Said I was a joke, | 说我就是一个笑话 |
[31:20] | he didn’t want anything to do with me. | 他不想跟我有任何瓜葛 |
[31:26] | You want to know why I didn’t have a relationship | 你不是想知道为什么过去十年 |
[31:28] | with Brandon for the last ten years? | 我和布兰登都没有往来吗 |
[31:32] | There you go. | 现在知道了吧 |
[31:37] | Have you had any success determining how the victim was killed? | 你能确定死者遇害时的情形了吗 |
[31:40] | Determining cause of death is always a-a difficult task. | 确定死因向来是一项艰巨任务 |
[31:44] | However, I am extremely confident in… | 然而我完全信任 |
[31:48] | my abilities and those of my team. | 我和我们团队的能力 |
[31:50] | Dr. Brennan, I think I found something. | 布纳恩博士 我有发现了 |
[31:55] | I actually found it a couple minutes ago, | 其实几分钟前就发现了 |
[31:57] | – but I wanted to time… – I don’t care. | -但我想等时机 -我不在乎 |
[31:58] | What-what is it you’ve found? | 你找到什么了 |
[32:00] | Well, there appears to be a perimortem blunt force injury | 这应该是一处死亡过程中形成的钝器伤 |
[32:02] | on the median sacral crest. | 在骶嵴正中位置 |
[32:06] | The shape of the “V” is too wide | 这个V形太宽了 |
[32:07] | to have been caused by a blade. | 不可能是由刀片造成 |
[32:10] | This is likely caused by | 很可能是由于 |
[32:12] | the victim coming into contact with a… A sharp corner. | 死者碰上了一处尖角 |
[32:16] | Perhaps he was shoved into it during the struggle. | 可能是打斗过程中被推过去的 |
[32:18] | Excellent find, Dr. Vaziri. | 很棒的发现 瓦齐里博士 |
[32:21] | Have Dr. Hodgins swab the wound for particulates. | 哈金斯博士检验了伤口的成分吗 |
[32:23] | Would you say you’re as close | 实习生和你走得近 |
[32:24] | to the interns as Dr. Brennan? | 还是和布纳恩博士走得近 |
[32:26] | Nope. Sorry. I see what you’re getting at here, | 不 抱歉 我明白你想说什么 |
[32:29] | and it’s not gonna happen. | 我不会让你得逞的 |
[32:31] | If you’d like to ask me questions about the case, | 如果你要问我案子的问题 |
[32:33] | I’m happy to help, | 我很乐意帮忙 |
[32:34] | but like I said multiple times before, | 但我之前说过很多次了 |
[32:36] | my personal life is off-limits. | 不能涉及我的私人生活 |
[32:39] | Everything okay in here? | 这儿一切都好吧 |
[32:41] | Uh, what is it, Dr. Hodgins? | 有什么事吗 哈金斯博士 |
[32:43] | Mass Spec just came back | 对骨伤处的 |
[32:44] | with the results from the bone injury. | 质谱检测结果出来了 |
[32:46] | This is the Mass Spectrometer. | 这就是质谱检测仪 |
[32:49] | Mass Spec is only like | 打空调发明以来 |
[32:50] | the coolest thing since air conditioning. | 质谱检测仪是最酷的设备了 |
[32:52] | This baby here helps me to identify | 这儿这个小家伙 |
[32:53] | the type of chemicals present in the sample | 通过检测质荷比 |
[32:55] | by measuring the mass-to-charge ratio | 和气相离子的丰度 |
[32:57] | and the abundance of gas-phase ions. | 帮我确定样本中的化学成分 |
[32:59] | Yeah. I’m thinking about getting one for the home. | 我打算在家里也弄一个 |
[33:02] | So, the Mass Spec results show | 质谱检测结果表明 |
[33:03] | traces of urethane prepolymers, | 有微量的氨基甲酸酯预聚物 |
[33:05] | diphenylmethane-diisocyanate, and fish collagen. | 二苯基甲烷二异氰酸酯还有鱼胶原蛋白 |
[33:09] | So what does that mean, | 这什么意思呢 |
[33:10] | the victim was beaten with a fish? | 凶手拿一条鱼来打死者吗 |
[33:14] | No. Seriously? | 不是 你说真的吗 |
[33:18] | Get on with it. | 你继续 |
[33:19] | Uh, no, th-these are all ingredients in-in-in wood glue. | 不是 这些都是木头专用胶的成分 |
[33:24] | M-Meaning the victim may have been shoved | 所以死者或许是被推向 |
[33:26] | into a piece of wooden furniture? | 一处木质家具吗 |
[33:28] | That or-or, uh, the corner of a woodworking space. | 也可能是木工桌的一角 |
[33:31] | Okay. I will notify Booth. | 好的 我会告诉布斯 |
[33:34] | Beaten with a fish? | 让鱼给打了 |
[33:41] | So, at the time of the victim’s death, | 那么就在被害者遇害时 |
[33:43] | guess who had himself a little business refurbishing old furniture. | 猜猜有谁在翻修老家具呢 |
[33:47] | The victim’s dad? | 死者爸爸吗 |
[33:48] | Yep. Ran it out of his garage. | 把家具从车库翻出来 |
[33:49] | I’m gonna get a warrant, have the place searched. | 我要去申请一张搜查令 查查那地方 |
[33:51] | Something doesn’t add up. | 有什么地方说不通 |
[33:53] | What? What are you talking about? | 什么 你说什么呢 |
[33:54] | It’s all adding up. It’s like a math class | 都说得通 就像在数学课上 |
[33:56] | how much it’s adding up. | 什么都说得通 |
[33:57] | Okay. You know what, here’s a guy who was hanging on | 你听我说 这家伙他保留儿子的垃圾 |
[33:59] | to his son’s junk for ten years. | 保留了十年 |
[34:02] | So a dirty old box of CDs makes you think this guy’s innocent? | 光凭一盒老旧CD你就认为这家伙无辜吗 |
[34:05] | What I’m thinking is that this guy still cares. | 我是认为 这家伙仍然在乎自己的儿子 |
[34:06] | I mean, why would he want to… | 他为什么会想 |
[34:08] | have a constant reminder of what he did | 把这个东西留在家里 |
[34:10] | just hanging around the house? | 提醒他自己做过什么 |
[34:11] | So what do you want to do? | 那你打算怎么做 |
[34:12] | I want to take a look at the father’s bookie. | 我想会会他的赌马经纪人 |
[34:15] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[34:18] | Booth is an intelligent man. | 布斯这人很聪明 |
[34:20] | He’s in touch with his feelings | 他注意自己的感觉 |
[34:22] | and… he trusts those feelings. | 而且相信这些感觉 |
[34:26] | It’s part of what makes him exceptional at his job. | 这也是他在工作上如此卓越的原因 |
[34:29] | But, in my opinion, | 但在我看来 |
[34:31] | feelings are malleable and easily manipulated. | 感觉很不稳定而且易受摆布 |
[34:35] | Booth has formed a connection with the victim’s father | 布斯和死者的父亲之间有了一种联系 |
[34:37] | because he, too, has an addiction to gambling. | 因为他也曾沉迷于赌博 |
[34:39] | It’s… it’s a struggle Booth knows all too well. | 这种挣扎的感觉布斯太懂了 |
[34:43] | And because Booth can now see himself | 而且因为布斯在死者父亲身上 |
[34:45] | in the victim’s father, | 看到了自己的影子 |
[34:46] | he no longer feels the man | 他就觉得这个人 |
[34:49] | would be capable of killing his own son. | 不可能杀死亲儿子 |
[34:53] | This is why I trust science over heart. | 这就是我不相信直觉而相信科学的原因 |
[34:56] | Science cannot be swayed. | 科学无法动摇 |
[34:59] | And right now the science is saying my husband is wrong. | 而现在 科学告诉我们 我丈夫错了 |
[35:06] | 特别探员 瑟雷·布斯 | |
[35:06] | The victim’s father mentioned, | 死者父亲提到过 |
[35:08] | uh, owing money to a bookie. | 他欠赌马经纪人钱 |
[35:10] | I mean, if that bookie really wanted his money, I mean, | 如果赌马经纪真想要他的钱 |
[35:13] | there’s a possibility he may have gone after the guy’s son. | 他有可能会找上他的儿子 |
[35:15] | Your wife thinks you’re wasting time on the bookie. | 你妻子认为你是在赌马经纪身上浪费时间 |
[35:18] | Of course she does. | 她当然会这么认为 |
[35:19] | Up until now, the Jeffersonian and the FBI | 到现在为止 杰斐逊实验室和联调局 |
[35:21] | had been working together pretty smoothly. | 合作得相当亲密无间 |
[35:23] | Sometimes, you know, the gut and the brain, | 有时候 直觉和理性 |
[35:25] | they say-say different things. | 会有不同意见 |
[35:27] | By my calculations, | 我数了一下 |
[35:28] | the two of you have analyzed these bones | 你们从头到脚检查这些骨头 |
[35:29] | from head to toe at least a dozen times. | 最起码十次了 |
[35:32] | And we will continue to analyze them | 我们会继续检查 |
[35:34] | until we discover how this young man was murdered. | 直到我们发现这个年轻男子是如何被杀的 |
[35:38] | What if that day never comes? | 如果一直发现不了呢 |
[35:40] | That is not possible. | 这不可能 |
[35:41] | Every time we examine the remains, | 我们每次检查尸体 |
[35:44] | we discover something new. | 都会有新的发现 |
[35:45] | And that is because we continuously adjust the way | 这是因为我们不断调整 |
[35:49] | in which we look at the bones. | 检查骨头的方法 |
[35:50] | With new perspective comes new insight. | 新的视角会带来新的发现 |
[35:53] | Which means that it’s only a matter of time | 这说明发现我们想要的线索 |
[35:55] | before we find what we’re looking for. | 只是时间问题 |
[36:30] | Three faint punctures on the proximal end | 他的左侧尺骨近端有三处 |
[36:33] | of the victim’s left ulna. | 模糊的穿刺伤 |
[36:35] | The wounds appear to be equidistantly positioned. | 伤口之间的距离相等 |
[36:38] | And if you were to connect the dots, | 如果把这些点连起来 |
[36:40] | they’d form a straight line. | 他们会形成一条直线 |
[36:41] | The description of the injuries fits | 伤口的形状符合 |
[36:43] | the edge of a serrated blade. | 锯齿刀的刀刃 |
[36:45] | For a blade to have created this injury, | 要造成这样的伤口 |
[36:46] | it would have first needed to transect the ulnar artery. | 刀刃首先要横向切断尺骨动脉 |
[36:50] | Which would have most likely caused the victim to bleed out. | 这很可能会造成死者大出血死亡 |
[36:53] | We finally found cause of death. | 我们终于找到了死因 |
[36:55] | But we still need to find the killer. | 但我们仍然要找出凶手 |
[36:56] | Have Dr. Hodgins swab for trace. | 让哈金斯博士检测凶器痕迹 |
[36:59] | So, in addition to the bugs and slime guy, | 我不仅负责研究昆虫和烂泥 |
[37:01] | I’m kind of like the swab guy, too. | 我也负责擦拭取样 |
[37:03] | Yeah. Yeah, there are some that might actually call me | 没错 或许会有人把我称为 |
[37:05] | the king of the swabs. | 擦拭取样之王 |
[37:07] | Cam, hey, I’m actually in the process | 凯 此时此刻 |
[37:08] | of examining the results of the swab as we speak. | 我正在检查取样测试的结果 |
[37:10] | And are you finding anything? | 有什么发现 |
[37:12] | Well, there looks to be traces of maple in the wound, | 在伤口里发现了槭树 |
[37:15] | as well as more wood glue. | 和木胶的痕迹 |
[37:17] | Dr. Brennan thinks the injury was caused by a serrated blade. | 布纳恩博士认为伤口是锯齿刀造成的 |
[37:20] | So the presence of wood and wood glue might suggest | 所以树木和木胶的存在可能表明 |
[37:23] | that the actual murder weapon was a saw blade. | 凶器可能是锯条 |
[37:25] | More evidence pointing towards the father. | 这些证据进一步指向了父亲 |
[37:27] | Hey, hold on. There’s actually something else, too. | 等等 还有别的 |
[37:29] | Um, it’s a fiber. | 是某种纤维 |
[37:31] | It looks to me like it’s cotton. | 我认为是棉线 |
[37:33] | There’s some blood on it, | 上面还有血迹 |
[37:34] | but, uh, I can actually make out a little bit of coloring. | 但我能试着辨认出一点颜色 |
[37:38] | It’s green. | 是绿色 |
[37:40] | Like, bright green. | 亮绿色 |
[37:46] | So, Carl had boxes of neon green T-shirts that, uh… | 卡尔有很多亮绿的T恤堆在车库里 |
[37:49] | in the garage that he and the victim were trying to sell. | 他和死者曾试图推销这些T恤 |
[37:51] | Which means the fiber we found in the wound | 说明在伤口里找到的纤维 |
[37:54] | could have come from anywhere. | 来源不明 |
[37:55] | Well, according to Carl, they didn’t sell one T-shirt. | 据卡尔说 他们一件都没卖出去 |
[37:58] | They just stayed in the garage. | T恤都堆在车库里 |
[38:00] | You changed your mind about the shirts, huh? | 对那些T恤 你改主意了是吧 |
[38:03] | No, actually, we got a search warrant | 不 事实上 我们有搜查令 |
[38:04] | to look through your garage. Here you go. | 检查你的车库 给你 |
[38:06] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[38:08] | I helped you guys. | 我帮过你们 |
[38:10] | I told you about Amy. | 我和你们说了艾米的事 |
[38:11] | Did you even talk to her? | 你们和她谈过吗 |
[38:13] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God. | 天啊 天啊 |
[38:14] | – I just… I-I remembered something. – What’s that? | -我…我想到了些事情 -什么事 |
[38:17] | Amy, she said… I remember her saying | 艾米 她说…我记得她说 |
[38:19] | that she was… she wanted to kill him. | 她要…她要杀了他 |
[38:21] | She said… very angry, she said, “I’m gonna kill him.” | 她说…她很生气 还说”我要杀了他” |
[38:23] | – Booth? – Yeah. | -布斯 -怎么了 |
[38:25] | This saw could be the murder weapon. | 这把锯子可能是凶器 |
[38:27] | The victim could have fallen into it, | 死者一定是不小心摔在上面了 |
[38:29] | hit his sacral crest on the cutting table, | 骶嵴撞在了工作台上 |
[38:32] | and sliced his arm on the blade. | 手臂被刀刃割伤了 |
[38:35] | No way, man. | 不可能 |
[38:36] | If you find blood on the saw, | 如果你在锯子上发现了血迹 |
[38:38] | that’s from me cutting myself | 那是我在切割东西时 |
[38:40] | while-while cutting stuff. | 不小心伤到自己造成的 |
[38:42] | Brandon’s ulnar artery was severed. | 布兰登的尺骨动脉被切断了 |
[38:44] | There would have been a lot of blood. | 这里应该有好多血 |
[38:46] | You couldn’t have gotten it all. | 不可能都是你流的 |
[38:47] | You do realize that we are going to tear that machine apart, | 你知道我们会把你的机器拆开 |
[38:51] | and we’re gonna find traces of blood. | 一定能发现血迹的吧 |
[38:53] | So it’s best you just come clean. | 你最好坦白 |
[39:05] | Bloom blamed me | T恤卖不出去 |
[39:07] | for the shirts not selling. | 布卢姆怪我 |
[39:10] | He said he wanted his money back | 他说他想要回他的钱 |
[39:12] | so he could go back to school | 这样他就能重回学校 |
[39:15] | and not end up like his loser dad. | 不会重蹈他那一无是处的爸爸的覆辙 |
[39:17] | So, rather than give him his money, you hit him? | 所以 你不给他钱 反而打了他 |
[39:20] | With an old tennis racket. | 用旧网球拍打的 |
[39:23] | Bloom fell into the saw. | 布卢姆摔在锯子上 |
[39:25] | We tried to stop the bleeding with a shirt, | 我们试图用T恤止血 |
[39:30] | but there was just too much. | 但血太多了 |
[39:35] | It was not supposed to go down like that. | 事情本不该是这样的 |
[39:39] | So, just as I predicted, | 正如我之前预测的 |
[39:42] | the father is innocent. | 父亲是无辜的 |
[39:44] | So in the end, the gut prevails. | 到最后 是直觉赢了 |
[39:47] | I believe it was the evidence that prevailed, | 我认为是证据取得了胜利 |
[39:49] | seeing as how it was the evidence | 毕竟是证据 |
[39:51] | that eventually led us to the killer. | 最终将我们指向凶手 |
[39:53] | The evidence you wouldn’t have known what to do with | 如果不是因为我的调查发现了这些T恤 |
[39:55] | if it wasn’t for my investigation uncovering the shirts. | 你都不知道该拿这些证据怎么办 |
[39:58] | Your investigation would have been lacking a murder weapon | 如果不是我在实验室里取得的成果 |
[40:01] | – if it wasn’t for my work in the lab. – Okay, | -你的调查就找不到凶器 -好了 |
[40:03] | I’ll tell you what, we’ll go fifty-fifty on this deal. | 我们这一次就算是打平手了 |
[40:04] | No, that would be saying that our work is equal. | 不 这样像是在说我们的成果是等价的 |
[40:06] | And we both know that it’s the lab | 我们都知道是实验室的成果 |
[40:09] | that drives these investigations, Booth. | 推动着调查的进行 布斯 |
[40:11] | You’re saying that your work is more important than my work? | 你的意思是你的工作比我的工作重要 |
[40:12] | Yes. Obviously. | 没错 显而易见 |
[40:14] | I’ll get that on tape, | 我要把这句话录下来 |
[40:15] | – ’cause it’s not true. – It’s true. | -因为这不是事实 -这是事实 |
[40:16] | – Okay, Bones, let’s stop. – You know it. | -好了 骨头 别说了 -你心知肚明 |
[40:17] | – You’ve seen it. – Let’s stop right there. | -你也曾亲眼见证 -我们就此打住 |
[40:18] | So, Emma, what is it you want to be when you grow up? | 艾玛 你长大了想做什么 |
[40:21] | I want to be a policeman. | 我想做警察 |
[40:23] | I want to be the mayor of Mars. | 我想做火星市长 |
[40:25] | I have to think about it. | 我要想想 |
[40:27] | I want to be a magician and a doctor. | 我想做魔术师和医生 |
[40:30] | When I grow up, I’m gonna be first violin | 等我长大了 我要成为国家”香蕉”乐团 |
[40:32] | of the National “Symphosty” Orchestra. | 首席小提琴手 |
[40:35] | I want to drive airplane. | 我想开飞机 |
[40:37] | I want to be a forensic anthropologist. | 我想做法医人类学家 |
[40:39] | I don’t want to be a forensic anthropologist. | 我不想做法医人类学家 |
[40:43] | What do I want to be when I grow up? | 我长大后想做什么 |
[40:45] | Uh, I guess I want to be somebody | 我想 我想成为 |
[40:48] | who sees the beauty in the world | 能发现世间种种美好 |
[40:50] | and is able to share it with those around her. | 并且能与身边的人分享这些美好的人 |
[40:57] | What do I want to be? | 我想做什么 |
[41:01] | I want to be someone who never stops looking. | 我想做不断观察发现的人 |
[41:08] | I want to be what every grown-up wants to be, | 我想成为所有大人都希望的 |
[41:13] | a kid. | 一个孩子 |
[41:17] | So, Dr. Vaziri, what is it you’d like to be when you grow up? | 瓦齐里博士 你长大后想做什么 |
[41:21] | Can I have two? | 可以说两个吗 |
[41:22] | Sure, why not. | 当然可以 |
[41:24] | I always wanted to be a husband and a father. | 我一直都想成为一个丈夫和一个父亲 |
[41:27] | That’s really sweet. | 真美好 |
[41:31] | I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were standing there. | 不好意思 我不知道你在 |
[41:34] | I wasn’t talking about you. Or us. | 我不是在说你 或是我们 |
[41:36] | Not that there’s an us to even talk about. I just meant that… | 也不是说我们怎么样了 我只是想说… |
[41:38] | Dr. Vaziri, the cameras don’t lie. | 瓦齐里博士 镜头不会说谎 |
[41:40] | Well, then why don’t you be a decent human being | 那你为什么不做个好人 |
[41:42] | and turn them off. Cam… | 把摄像机关了呢 凯 |
[41:44] | Dr. Saroyan has told you multiple times | 瑟罗博士告诉过你很多次了 |
[41:46] | that she wants to keep her personal life personal. | 她不想公开谈论她的私生活 |
[41:48] | So why can’t you respect that? | 你为什么不能尊重她呢 |
[41:49] | N… Uh, that’s okay. You don’t have to do this anymore. | 没关系 你不用再这样了 |
[41:55] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[41:56] | I-I love the way you protect me, | 我爱你保护我的方式 |
[41:59] | and I love the way you fight for me. | 我也爱你为我抗争的方式 |
[42:01] | And I… | 而我… |
[42:03] | I want to spend the rest of my life with you. | 我想和你度过余生 |
[42:06] | – Wait, are you asking me if I’ll… – Marry me. | -等等 你是在问我… -娶我 |
[42:11] | – Yes? – Y-Yes, yes. Of course. | -愿意吗 -愿意 当然愿意 |
[42:16] | What do I want to be when I grow up? | 我长大后想做什么 |
[42:20] | That’s a personal question. | 这是个私人的问题 |
[42:21] | I-I don’t really feel comfortable answering it. | 我不想回答 |
[42:33] | At the end of the day, I’d like to be someone | 归根结底 我想做一个 |
[42:34] | who’s given more than they’ve taken. | 付出多于回报的人 |
[42:53] | Given all you’ve already accomplished in your life, | 鉴于你的一生已经有了如此多的成就 |
[42:56] | what is it you’d like to be when you grow up, Dr. Brennan? | 你长大后想做什么 布纳恩博士 |
[43:00] | That’s easy. | 很简单 |
[43:03] | I’d like to be the mother of the world’s greatest car salesperson. | 我想做世界上最伟大的汽车销售员的母亲 |