时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | How many times in the last year | 去年在这个法庭上 |
[00:13] | has the City of Yonkers been in this courtroom | 扬克斯有多少次 |
[00:15] | at the brink of a crisis of its own making? | 使自己困于危机的边缘 |
[00:18] | Three? Four? | 三次还是四次 |
[00:20] | This case was decided over two years ago. | 这个案子在两年前就已经敲定了 |
[00:23] | This court issued its remedy order 18 months ago. | 十八个月前法院就颁布了救助令 |
[00:25] | To vote in favor of the overall remedy, | 尽管扬克斯市议会最终进行了投票 |
[00:27] | as the Yonkers City Council has finally managed to do, | 赞成执行整个救助令 |
[00:31] | is insufficient. | 但这并不足够 |
[00:33] | Yonkers must approve a plan to build specific houses | 扬克斯必须尽快通过这个在指定地点 |
[00:35] | at specific locations. | 建造公共住房的计划 |
[00:37] | If Yonkers officials continue to ignore this court’s order | 如果扬克斯政府继续忽视法院的命令 |
[00:40] | and by 30 Thursday do not approve 200 units of public housing | 并且直到30号的周三还不通过 |
[00:44] | to be built at specific locations | 在锯木厂河大道东边 |
[00:46] | east of the Saw Mill River Parkway, | 建造两百个单元公共住房的计划 |
[00:49] | I will find the City of Yonkers in contempt. | 我将宣判扬克斯市藐视法庭 |
[00:51] | In addition, I will impose a daily fine, | 除此之外 每天都将处以罚款 |
[00:53] | beginning at $100 the first day | 开始的第一天征收一百美金 |
[00:55] | and doubling every day thereafter | 从那以后数额将每天成倍增加 |
[00:57] | until Yonkers is bankrupt. | 直到扬克斯破产为止 |
[00:59] | This is the moment of truth, gentlemen. | 现在是关键时刻 先生们 |
[01:02] | Your Honor, I’d like to request a recess | 法官大人 我请求暂且休庭 |
[01:05] | so I can confer with my client. | 让我和我的委托人商量一下 |
[01:07] | Well, it’s approaching lunchtime. | 好吧 已经快到午餐时间了 |
[01:09] | Why don’t we reconvene at 2:00? | 那我们两点再开庭吧 |
[01:11] | Court stands in recess until then. | 休庭 两点开庭 |
[01:13] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[01:23] | – You can see we’ve worked his last nerve. – Yeah. | -我们一直在挑战他的忍耐极限 -没错 |
[01:26] | We don’t have any slack here. | 我们现在不能有任何的懈怠 |
[01:28] | – Gentlemen, enjoy your lunch. – You, too. | -先生们 午餐愉快 -你们也是 |
[01:33] | You know, to hell with him. | 让法官去死吧 |
[01:35] | We appeal again. We go to the Supreme Court. | 我们再次上诉 这次我们去最高法院 |
[01:37] | Win or lose, we take our shot. | 不管输赢 我们碰碰运气吧 |
[01:38] | Councilman Longo, what the fuck? | 隆戈议员 你他妈在说什么 |
[01:40] | I know, but there’s got to be a way out of this. | 我知道 但是我们必须要找到解决方法 |
[01:42] | This goddamn judge, he’s shoving it so far up my ass, | 这个该死的法官 他把我逼急了 |
[01:44] | – I can feel it in my throat, Nick. – Neil, he starts– | -我喉咙都火烧火燎了 尼克 -尼尔 如果他开始 |
[01:46] | he starts fining us 100 bucks | 他从一百美元起罚 |
[01:47] | and doubles it every day, when do we start hurting? | 并且每天加倍 我们什么时候会陷入窘迫 |
[01:50] | The entire city operating budget is just under 300 million. | 整个城市经营预算低于三亿美元 |
[01:52] | So working backwards, we exceed that on… | 所以反向推算的话 二十二天后 |
[02:00] | …day 22. | 就会超出预算 |
[02:01] | Clear enough, guys? | 清楚了吗 伙计们 |
[02:03] | In three weeks, the City of Yonkers goes bankrupt. | 扬克斯市三个星期后就会破产 |
[02:07] | Fuck. | 卧槽 |
[02:27] | At last, they see the light? | 他们终于知道厉害了吧 |
[02:29] | Sand was breathing fire in there. | 桑德刚才都要火烧法庭了 |
[02:32] | Now they’re singed. | 他们现在无路可退了 |
[02:34] | Once they cross the Triborough, | 一旦他们穿过三区 |
[02:36] | a little north of the Bronx, | 到布朗克斯北边一点 |
[02:38] | this thing, it becomes a lot less real. | 这件事情就不会那么上纲上线了 |
[02:40] | It’s like a bad dream to these guys, | 对那些家伙而言这是场噩梦 |
[02:42] | and they’ll tell each other, “It’ll all be okay somehow.” | 他们却会相互安慰说道“总会没事的” |
[02:46] | The good white folk of Yonkers | 扬克斯市那些善良的白人 |
[02:48] | give ’em a slap on the back and tell ’em, | 朝他们背后来了一巴掌 然后告诉他们 |
[02:50] | “You be courageous, stand up to those blacks, those Jew lawyers, | “你要鼓起勇气 站出来对抗那些黑人 犹太人律师 |
[02:55] | goddamn liberal judges.” | 和那些该死的自由派法官” |
[02:57] | Ah. | 哈 |
[02:58] | – What? – Hey. | -怎么了 -嘿 |
[03:01] | I know, it just– this case. | 我知道 只是因为这个案子 |
[03:05] | I swear, every time I worry I’m getting too cynical, | 我发誓 每次想到这个案子 我就会变得愤世嫉俗 |
[03:07] | I see I’m not even keeping peace. | 我甚至都不能保持平和的心态 |
[03:12] | What do you think of the new mayor? | 你觉得新市长怎么样 |
[03:14] | – The kid? – Yeah. | -那个小孩 -没错 |
[03:17] | – I’ll meet you there. – All right, okay. | -我们待会见 -嗯 好的 |
[03:20] | This is gonna eat him up. | 这件事会把他搞垮的 |
[03:50] | Ah, muchacho. | 啊 小伙子 |
[04:12] | One cookie each, please! | 每个人拿一块曲奇 |
[04:23] | Roberto, don’t let them ride in the street, please. | 罗伯托 别让大家在街道上骑车 拜托 |
[04:26] | Yes, Mom. | 好的 妈妈 |
[04:29] | Hey, guys, don’t ride in the street! | 嘿 伙计们 别在街道上骑车 |
[04:34] | Carmen, here they’re all in the street. | 卡门 这下他们都在街道上了 |
[04:36] | I know, but if I pretend to yell at them about that, | 我知道 但是如果我叫他们不要骑到街上去 |
[04:38] | they won’t ride on the avenida. | 他们就更不敢骑到大道上去 |
[04:40] | Es verdad. | 没错吧 |
[04:47] | I still don’t understand why | 我还是不知道为什么 |
[04:48] | we can’t appeal the Second Circuit decision. | 我们不能上述驳回第二巡回法院的裁定 |
[04:50] | You can. But you don’t really have a leg to stand on | 你可以 但是你没有一个可以站得住脚的理由 |
[04:52] | and there are no constitutional grounds. | 而且宪法上也没有相关依据 |
[04:54] | – But we could appeal, technically. – And lose. | -但是理论上我们可以上诉 -然后再输一次 |
[04:56] | Maybe the full Circuit isn’t as liberal | 也许联邦巡回法院的法官 |
[04:58] | as the three who handed down this decision. | 并不像这三个法官一样属于自由派 |
[05:00] | – Maybe. – Judges Pratt and Miner were Reagan appointees. | -也许 -普拉特法官和迈纳法官都是里根任命的 |
[05:03] | We lost on the merits. | 我们在法律依据上已经输了 |
[05:04] | Look, here and now, you guys need to make | 听着 此时此刻你们应该做的是 |
[05:06] | a good faith effort to comply with Sand. | 努力按桑德说的制定计划 |
[05:08] | Come up with a plan you can live with and stick to it. | 提出一个你们可以认同并坚持的方案 |
[05:11] | I think the judge is pretty much wedded to the four School sites. | 我觉得法官挺看重在四个学院点那里建住房 |
[05:13] | You know, the School 30 site | 三十号学院点 |
[05:15] | is right behind my house over by Nevada Avenue. | 就在我内华达大街的房子后面 |
[05:17] | And I already got a site in my district. | 而且我的选区里已经有个规划点了 |
[05:19] | Don’t look at me. | 别看我啊 |
[05:20] | I already ate the Walt Whitman School site. | 我那里的沃尔特·惠特曼学校已经有规划点了 |
[05:21] | Yeah, you know what? I got news for you. | 没错 我告诉你 |
[05:22] | All right, we’re gonna lose Nevada Avenue | 我们要么不选内华达大街 |
[05:23] | or we got no deal. | 要么我们免谈 |
[05:25] | If I have to, I could live with a small site, you know, | 如果一定要建房 我可以接受小一点的规划点 |
[05:28] | down on Midland, over by Sarah Lawrence, | 建在米德兰的萨拉·劳伦斯学校那里 |
[05:30] | but not, you know, in my backyard. | 但是绝对不能在我的后院 |
[05:32] | You did not just– | 你刚不会是说… |
[05:36] | That is actually my backyard. | 那确实是我的后院 |
[05:38] | Look, this train’s left the station. | 听着 木已成舟 |
[05:41] | We’re your lawyers. We’re just trying to prevent a wreck. | 作为你们的律师 我们现在要尽量避免损失 |
[05:43] | If we do it now, early in the term, | 如果我们现在就开始 在选举初期 |
[05:45] | it’ll get hot for a while, | 这件事情会陷入热议 |
[05:46] | but it’ll cool down before the next election. | 但是在下一次选举之前就会平复下来 |
[05:48] | Jesus, this is a bitch. | 上帝啊 太他妈烦了 |
[05:50] | Hey, it’s what they pay us the big bucks for, right? | 所以民众才缴那么多税 对吧 |
[05:56] | She said we could stay here till the baby comes. | 她说孩子出生前 我们可以一直住在这儿 |
[06:00] | She’s cool with it. You’ll see. | 她为人很随和 你会知道的 |
[06:03] | Never been over this way before. | 之前从来没走过这条路 |
[06:05] | Yeah, well, they built Mulford a long time back. | 没错 马尔福德很早之前就建好了 |
[06:09] | When they opened it, it was all white people. | 开放的时候 这儿都是白人 |
[06:11] | When Gammy moved in, it was still mostly white people. | 盖米搬进来的时候 大多数还是白人 |
[06:14] | You know we’re gonna need more than one room when the baby comes. | 孩子出生以后 一个房间根本不够 |
[06:18] | Look, we ain’t gonna be here forever. | 听着 我们不会永远住在这里的 |
[06:23] | Now, what you doin’? You ain’t gonna help out? | 你在干嘛 不过来帮我一把吗 |
[06:25] | No, I like a man carrying stuff for me. | 不 我喜欢看男人为我搬东西 |
[06:29] | – You like this, huh? – Yeah. | -你喜欢这样 是吗 -没错 |
[06:30] | Oh, okay. | 恩 好吧 |
[06:32] | Check this out. | 看看我的厉害 |
[06:33] | Whoo! | 哇 |
[06:35] | – Yeah, baby. – Ooh, watch out. | -耶 宝贝儿 -噢 小心点 |
[06:39] | Damn, boy. | 该死 你这小子 |
[06:40] | – Whoo. – Baby. | -哇啊 -宝贝儿 |
[06:46] | You got it. You like that? | 我能行的 你喜欢吗 |
[06:48] | Good job, babe. | 干的漂亮 宝贝儿 |
[06:51] | Please be seated. | 请就座 |
[06:57] | – Mr. McAmis? – Your Honor. | -麦克艾米斯先生 -法官大人 |
[06:59] | The City of Yonkers understands the gravity of the situation. | 扬克斯市已经认识到了事态的严重性 |
[07:02] | After conferring for the past four hours, | 通过刚刚四个小时的协商 |
[07:04] | the mayor and council majority here | 市长和大部分议员 |
[07:05] | have agreed to meet in a special session tomorrow | 已经同意在明天举行一个特殊会议 |
[07:08] | to approve a plan of 200 | 批准在指定地点 |
[07:09] | units of public housing at specific sites. | 建造两百个单元公共住房的计划 |
[07:12] | In addition, Your Honor, Mayor Wasicsko, | 除此之外 法官大人 沃西斯科市长 |
[07:14] | himself a member of the bar, would like to address the court. | 他作为政府的一员 想要在法庭上说几句 |
[07:17] | Very well. Mr. Mayor? | 好的 市长先生 |
[07:22] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢你 法官大人 |
[07:24] | Um, Your Honor, a majority of the Yonkers City Council | 额 法官大人 扬克斯市大部分议员 |
[07:28] | supports making the housing commitment | 都支持建造公共住房 |
[07:30] | and negotiating a building plan, | 也愿意协商住房计划 |
[07:33] | and I just want to assure you | 我只是想向你保证 |
[07:35] | that the city will obey the law. | 扬克斯市会遵守法律裁定 |
[07:37] | Well, I appreciate that, Mayor Wasicsko, I do. | 很好 很感谢你 沃西斯科市长 真的感谢你 |
[07:40] | But let me say this– we have been here before with Yonkers. | 但是我要说的是 扬克斯之前也是这样 |
[07:44] | Four years ago and six years ago | 四年还是六年之前 |
[07:46] | we came to the brink of a settlement in this case | 我们就要了结这个案子了 |
[07:48] | before the City Council balked at building | 但市议会却拒绝 |
[07:50] | even a single unit of low-income housing. | 建造任何低收入住房 |
[07:52] | In light of that, the council must approve a housing plan | 由于这样的前车之鉴 |
[07:55] | that includes specific, named site locations | 议员必须在下周一早上十点之前 |
[07:57] | where the 200 units will be built | 批准住房计划 |
[08:00] | and a construction timetable | 计划要包含二百个单元住房的具体地点 |
[08:01] | and do so by 10:00 AM next Monday. | 以及一张建筑工程时间表 |
[08:05] | Yes, Your Honor. | 好的 法官大人 |
[08:06] | Mr. McAmis, the court will expect… | 麦克艾米斯先生 法庭希望 |
[08:08] | Goddamn sellout. | 该死的背叛者 |
[08:10] | …immediately following the council vote. | 议员投票后立即执行 |
[08:12] | Yes, Your Honor. | 好的 法官大人 |
[08:13] | Yonkers officials agreed | 法官威胁将扬克斯罚到破产之后 |
[08:14] | to comply with the federal desegregation order | 扬克斯政府终于同意响应联邦法院 |
[08:17] | after the judge threatened fines that would bankrupt the city. | 提出的废止种族隔离的要求 |
[08:20] | We are making these concessions | 我们做出让步是为了 |
[08:22] | in order to save the city from enormous fines and contempt. | 避免使城市陷入债务危机 也避免被判处藐视法庭 |
[08:26] | But even opponents… | 但即使反对者 |
[08:27] | They talking about building those here? | 他们要在这里建那些房子吗 |
[08:28] | I think so. | 我想是的 |
[08:30] | We were double-crossed by the councilmen in there today. | 今天我们被里面的议员出卖了 |
[08:32] | They promised people they wouldn’t give in and they folded. | 他们向民众承诺不会屈服 但他们却投降了 |
[08:35] | And city officials must still identify specific sites… | 市议员必须在法官制定的新限期之前… |
[08:37] | – Did you pick up– – Shh, please. | -你有没有把 -嘘 别说话 |
[08:39] | …for another deadline set by the judge. | 列出具体的住房规划点 |
[08:41] | I think we’ll have a resolution by Monday one way or the other. | 我想不管怎么样 我们在周一之前会有结论的 |
[08:43] | Now, there are some proposed sites that are still on the table, | 如今已经提出了几个有待商榷的规划点 |
[08:47] | but the ball is squarely in the City of Yonkers’ court. | 现在就看扬克斯市的行动了 |
[08:51] | I’m Virginia Kim, Cablevision News, Westchester. | 这里是韦斯切斯特有线新闻 我是弗吉尼亚·金 |
[08:53] | Chicken’s overcooked again, isn’t it? | 鸡肉又烤焦了 对吧 |
[08:54] | Turning to sports, the New York Knicks | 现在是体育新闻 纽约尼克斯队 |
[08:56] | take on the Cleveland Cavaliers tonight… | 今晚将和克利兰夫骑士队 |
[08:58] | Buddy? | 伙计 |
[08:59] | The Knicks have had big trouble on the road this year… | 尼克斯队今年的道路十分不顺 |
[09:01] | No, it’s fine. | 不 没有 |
[09:02] | It’s real– it’s great, actually. | 其实 真的很好吃 |
[09:05] | So Martinelli was right. | 马蒂内利说的没错 |
[09:08] | About the housing? | 关于住房计划的事情吗 |
[09:10] | Yeah, about the housing. | 恩 是的 |
[09:13] | He said we had to build it, and guess what? | 他说我们一定会要建住房的 你猜怎么着 |
[09:16] | We gotta build it. | 我们真的要建了 |
[09:18] | It’s just an appeal is a waste of money. | 上诉只是在浪费钱 |
[09:22] | I mean, there’s no getting around this goddamned judge. | 那个该死的法官是不会妥协的 |
[09:25] | You didn’t know all that when you ran against him. | 你和他对抗时又不知道 |
[09:27] | Right? | 对吧 |
[09:33] | I don’t know. Maybe I didn’t want to know. | 我不知道 也许我根本不想知道 |
[09:40] | You know what? We can get past this. | 你知道吗 我们可以解决这件事的 |
[09:43] | We can. I just got to, uh, get everybody on board, | 我们可以 我只需要让每个人统一战线 |
[09:46] | convince the rest of the council that the law is the law. | 然后告诉市议会其他人 法律就是法律 |
[09:53] | I think you’re gonna be a great mayor. | 我觉得你会成为一个伟大的市长 |
[09:57] | Yeah? | 真的吗 |
[09:59] | I think so. | 我相信你 |
[10:01] | # I just want to say # | # 我只想说 # |
[10:03] | # this is my way of telling you… # | # 这是我告诉你的方式 # |
[10:07] | You weren’t there. | 你当时又不在场 |
[10:08] | You don’t know how angry this judge is. | 你不知道法官有多生气 |
[10:09] | Oh, he’s angry? He ain’t the only one. | 噢 他很生气吗 他才不是唯一生气的人 |
[10:11] | I’m for taking this to the Supreme Court, appealing all the way. | 我要一路上诉到最高法院 |
[10:14] | Councilman, we don’t have a chance before the Supreme Court. | 议员 去最高法院之前我们就已经输了 |
[10:18] | We need to offer them a housing plan– | 我们得制定一个住房计划 |
[10:20] | A housing plan? Sure. Here’s my housing plan. | 住房计划 当然了 这就是我的计划 |
[10:21] | No low-income housing. | 不建低收入住房 |
[10:23] | If they can afford a house, great. | 如果他们能买得起 那自然最好了 |
[10:25] | – If not– – We’re past that, Hank. | -如果不能 -我们提过这个的 汉克 |
[10:27] | That argument was heard and it lost. | 这想法已经被否决了 |
[10:29] | If we don’t offer a plan, the judge is gonna hold | 如果我们制定不出计划 |
[10:32] | the city, all of us, in contempt. | 法官就会判处我们藐视法庭 |
[10:34] | He can fine us, jail us– | 他可以罚款 还可以拘留我们 |
[10:36] | This judge ain’t the Pope. We’re talking due process here. | 法官又不是教皇 所有一切都是按流程走的 |
[10:38] | All right, sit down, Hank. | 好了 坐下吧 汉克 |
[10:40] | Let’s agree on something we can all support. | 让我们商讨出大家都支持的方案吧 |
[10:42] | I ain’t supporting nothing. | 我什么都不会不支持的 |
[10:49] | He’s not supporting nothing? | 他什么都不会不支持的? |
[10:50] | Oh, God. | 噢 我的天 |
[10:52] | Well, as we’ve been intimating, | 好了 既然我们受到了惊吓 |
[10:54] | Mr. Spallone’s just doubled the | 斯帕隆先生刚把他选区内的 |
[10:55] | number of housing units coming to his district. | 住房单元数增加了一倍 |
[10:57] | What a gaping asshole. | 真是个大混球 |
[10:59] | Hank’s gonna grandstand the shit out of this. | 汉克居然就这么袖手旁观 |
[11:01] | No, Daddy. | 不 爸爸 |
[11:05] | No, no, she was here this morning, | 不 不 她今早还来过的 |
[11:08] | but I think she went to, um– | 但我想她去 呃 |
[11:10] | she went to work this afternoon. | 她下午去工作了 |
[11:12] | – Where? – Work. I think she went to work, Daddy. | -去哪了 -去工作了 我想她去工作了 爸爸 |
[11:15] | – All right. – Mm-hmm. | -好吧 -嗯 |
[11:19] | If I see her, I sure will. | 如果我看见她 我一定会的 |
[11:21] | All right, then. | 好的 |
[11:22] | All right. Love to Mama. | 好了 替我跟妈妈问好 |
[11:24] | All right. Love you. | 好的 爱你 |
[11:27] | I don’t like lying to him. | 我不喜欢对他撒谎 |
[11:29] | Hey, Skip. | 嘿 斯基 |
[11:31] | Hey, what’s up? | 嘿 怎么了 |
[11:35] | Breakout down. | 总算突围出来了 |
[11:36] | You making money today, ain’t ya? | 你今天要赚大钱 是吗 |
[11:38] | As long as the young’un ain’t fucked the count up. | 只要那小兔崽子别再搞砸就好了 |
[11:40] | Who? | 谁 |
[11:42] | Dante. Boy in the blue. | 但丁 那个穿蓝衣服的孩子 |
[11:44] | – He been fucking up, huh? – Every goddamn day. | -他最近光搞砸吗 -天天都这样 |
[11:51] | Oh, shit. 5-0 checking. | 噢 靠 警察来了 |
[11:55] | They’re hitting up Frankie’s crew. | 他们在突袭弗兰基的人 |
[11:57] | I said turn around! Turn around! | 转身 我说了 快转身 |
[12:01] | Yo, I’m paying this motherfucker over here to be the lookout | 哟 我可是付了钱给这混小子叫他看着的 |
[12:03] | and he got his fucking | 他倒好 |
[12:04] | hand in his pocket rubbing his goddamned nuts. | 就知道偷偷打飞机 |
[12:06] | Shit. | 靠 |
[12:11] | Yo, pick it up and go. Casual. | 哟 捡起来再走 自然一点 |
[12:18] | Ignorant motherfucker. Pick it up. | 你这傻逼 给我赶紧捡起来 |
[12:22] | Pick my shit up. Now. | 快他妈的给我捡起来 快 |
[12:28] | God damn! What the– | 操 搞什么 |
[12:34] | Hey! Hey, you, freeze! | 嘿 嘿 就是你 别动 |
[12:37] | 5-0 on you, Skip. | 警察盯上你了 斯基 |
[12:45] | Yo, yo, yo! | 哟 哟 这里 |
[12:58] | Run back, tell my sister to dial 911. | 赶紧跑回去 叫我姐姐拨打911 |
[13:01] | No. | 不 |
[13:02] | You can’t breathe! | 你都呼吸不过来了 |
[13:04] | You call an ambo and the police are gonna come with. | 如果你叫了救护车 警察就会追上来的 |
[13:10] | Just let me be. | 别管我了 |
[13:29] | There’s my girl. | 你在这儿呢 |
[13:31] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[13:33] | Hey, how’s the Bronxville Bomber? | 嘿 布朗士区轰炸机怎么样了啊 |
[13:35] | – Huh? – Oh. | -嗯 -噢 |
[13:37] | Thanks for coming out. | 谢谢你出来见我 |
[13:39] | You sounded pretty down, Vinni. | 文尼 你听起来很难过啊 |
[13:41] | Oh, yeah. I don’t know. | 噢 是的 我也不知道 |
[13:43] | I just, uh– I felt like I– | 我只是感觉 我 |
[13:48] | I just needed to talk to someone. | 我想找个人倾诉一下 |
[13:50] | Someone other than myself. | 找别人倾诉 |
[13:52] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[13:54] | – A Stoli and tonic with a twist of lime, please. – Sure. | -伏特加加奎宁 青柠挤汁 -好的 |
[13:57] | – Another one of those? – Uh, yeah. Just no lime. | -你也要一样的吗 -嗯 不要加青柠 |
[13:59] | – Menus? – No, thank you. | -要菜单吗 -不用了 谢谢 |
[14:02] | – Uh… – What’s going on? | -呃 -发生什么事了 |
[14:05] | I don’t know. I just, uh– | 不知道 我只是 |
[14:08] | I’m just feeling a little lost. | 我只是有点迷茫 |
[14:12] | Adrift, maybe, just being out so suddenly. | 不知所措 可能是因为突然就这么出局了吧 |
[14:17] | Right. Well, you’re working at the photography shop, right? | 好吧 你现在在摄影店工作是吧 |
[14:21] | – Yeah. – Family is…? | -没错 -那家里人 |
[14:22] | Yeah, good. You know. | 还好 你知道的 |
[14:24] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[14:27] | It’s different. | 这感觉不一样 |
[14:28] | It’s like, when you’re out of office, | 当你倒台了 |
[14:32] | it’s like your candle goes out, you know? | 就像你的蜡烛突然熄灭了一样 你知道吗 |
[14:36] | And everyone just moves on to the next candle. | 然后大家都争先恐后去找别的蜡烛了 |
[14:40] | And, uh… | 然后 呃 |
[14:42] | people stop calling | 大家不再联系你 |
[14:44] | and reporters stop trying to reach you | 记者也不想再找你 |
[14:48] | and, uh… | 然后 |
[14:50] | it’s back to your life. | 一切都恢复了平静 |
[14:53] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:54] | But you’re reading the paper and you’re watching TV, | 但是你还会读报纸 看电视 |
[14:57] | – so you know what’s going on. – You know what? | -所以你也会清楚这些事 -你知道吗 |
[15:00] | I think you might’ve been the lucky one in this situation | 我觉得这样的情况下 你还算幸运的 |
[15:03] | because this housing shit… | 因为住房议案这鬼玩意儿 |
[15:05] | the judge, Spallone, Longo… | 法官 斯帕隆 还有隆戈 |
[15:09] | Oh, fuck Nick Longo. He should get ass cancer. | 噢 去他的尼克·隆戈 他不得好死 |
[15:12] | Shit. | 操 |
[15:14] | Well, I definitely would prefer you in that seat than him, | 我肯定希望你当上议员 而不是他 |
[15:18] | but what are you– what are we gonna do? They redistricted us. | 但是我们还能怎么办 他们重划了选区 |
[15:22] | From 12 seats down to six, you know? | 十二个议员变成了六个 你知道吗 |
[15:24] | Some of us were gonna fall. | 我们当中总有人出局的 |
[15:26] | Yeah, but… | 我知道 但是 |
[15:29] | it hurts to lose. | 失去的感觉实在太痛苦了 |
[15:33] | You tell yourself it’s not personal, but… | 你可以一直说服自己这不是针对个人的 但是 |
[15:35] | Right. | 是啊 |
[15:37] | – Thank you. – Mm-hmm. | -谢谢 -嗯哼 |
[15:39] | Thanks. Ahem. | 谢谢 咳 |
[15:41] | Yeah, I know. | 嗯 我懂的 |
[15:43] | I have my family, | 我有自己的家庭 |
[15:44] | I have a phenomenal relationship with my kids. | 我和我的孩子们关系很好 |
[15:47] | I love them to death. | 我很爱他们 |
[15:50] | But, uh, the whole time I’m thinking, | 但是 我一直在想 |
[15:54] | “My God, there’s a whole part of my life | “天啊 我生活中原来的很大一部分 |
[15:57] | that’s not gonna be there anymore.” | 已经一去不复返了” |
[16:00] | It’s just politics, Vinni. | 这只是政治而已 文尼 |
[16:02] | It’s addictive is what it is. | 政治总是这么诱人 |
[16:07] | Once you get that taste in your mouth, | 一旦你尝到了那种滋味 |
[16:09] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[16:15] | I’ve, uh– | 我 呃 |
[16:17] | I’ve even thought… | 我甚至想过 |
[16:26] | You can think some pretty dark shit when they make you walk away. | 他们让你倒台的时候 你会想到很多黑暗的东西 |
[16:33] | You’re all right. | 你会没事的 |
[16:38] | You’re all right. | 你会没事的 |
[16:39] | Yeah, how’s Nay? Good? | 嗯 奈伊怎么样 还好吧 |
[16:43] | Stressed. | 压力很大 |
[16:45] | Yeah, me, too. | 是啊 我也是 |
[16:46] | Oh, you know, I miss the stress. | 噢 我怀念压力 |
[16:48] | – Yeah, well… – Give me your stress. | -是啊 -把你的压力给我吧 |
[16:51] | I want the stress. | 我希望自己能紧张点 |
[16:54] | All right, just get Nevada Avenue off the goddamn list. | 好吧 不要选内华达州大街 |
[16:56] | All right? That’s all I’m asking. | 好吗 我的要求就这么多 |
[16:58] | Well, look at the fucking seminary, then. | 那就选那该死的神学院吧 |
[17:00] | – St. Joseph’s? – Yes. | -圣约瑟夫吗 -是的 |
[17:01] | What– didn’t we already | 什么 我们不是已经 |
[17:02] | object to that in the earlier court filings? | 早就在法庭文件里反对这事了吗 |
[17:04] | Yeah, well, that was then, this is now. | 是的 但那是过去 现在是现在 |
[17:05] | I could talk to the cardinal about it. | 我可以和主教谈谈这事 |
[17:07] | I’m on the boards of St. Patrick’s and Catholic Charities. | 我是圣帕特里克和天主教慈善会的董事之一 |
[17:10] | – I see him enough. – Wait, wait, wait. You really think? | -我能经常见到他 -等等 你真的这么想 |
[17:12] | Look, let’s just put it down as tentative for now. | 听着 我们先将其作为暂定区 |
[17:14] | – Fine. – Judge, you’ll talk to the cardinal? | -好吧 -法官 你要去和主教谈谈吗 |
[17:15] | – Yes. – Okay, well, that’s one site down, maybe. | -是的 -好的 也许这就选好一个点了 |
[17:18] | – That’s a start. – Seven to go. | -那是个开始 -还有七个点 |
[17:22] | 少数党领袖 尼古拉斯·V·隆戈 | |
[17:34] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天呐 |
[17:41] | “You won’t see the next one.” | “你不会活着看到下一个” |
[17:43] | Oh, Jesus. | 噢 上帝啊 |
[17:53] | Mine’s bigger. | 我的更大 |
[17:55] | Hey, you get yours yet? | 嘿 你收到了没 |
[17:58] | -My bullet? -Yep. | -我的子弹吗 -是的 |
[17:59] | You see that guy over there? | 看见那个家伙了吗 |
[18:01] | That’s your new best friend, Nick. | 那是你新朋友 尼克 |
[18:02] | He’s gonna follow you home after the meeting, | 会议结束后 他会跟着你回家 |
[18:04] | stay outside your house, and follow you back to work tomorrow. | 呆在你家外面 然后第二天跟着你一起上班 |
[18:06] | – Round the clock. – Well, I feel so special. | -全天候保护 -好吧 我感觉自己好独特 |
[18:09] | You’re not. The other good-vote council members | 你才不独特 其他票数很高的议员 |
[18:11] | get police escorts, too. | 也会由警察护送 |
[18:13] | For everybody else, tomorrow we put in metal detectors. | 明天我们会对每一个人用金属探测器检测 |
[18:16] | All visitors start signing in and out. | 所有的来宾进出都要登记 |
[18:19] | Hey, this mayor thing? When’s the fun part start? | 嘿 当市长什么时候才会开始有趣啊 |
[18:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:27] | – 260. – 260? | -260元 -260元 |
[18:30] | That much? | 要这么贵吗 |
[18:32] | 25 each of these, 75. | 每个都是25 那总共就是75 |
[18:36] | Plus 45, | 再加上45 |
[18:39] | four of these for 15.60, | 4份这个15.6元 |
[18:42] | and the chicken, 80. | 还有这些鸡肉 80元 |
[18:43] | 260. | 总共就是260元 |
[18:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:52] | Leave this, I’ll pay for the rest. | 这个不要了 我把剩下的付了 |
[18:54] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:00] | 165. | 165元 |
[19:06] | Maria. | 玛丽亚 |
[19:10] | But I want candy. | 但是我想吃糖 |
[19:12] | We have at home. | 家里有糖 |
[19:22] | And finally the last site | 最后的规划点在 |
[19:25] | would be at Midland and Theresa Avenues, | 米德兰和特丽萨大道 |
[19:29] | making for a total of seven agreed-upon sites, so– | 这些就是一致通过的七个点 所以 |
[19:33] | Cardinal’s on the line, Your Honor. | 主教在线上了 法官大人 |
[19:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:41] | Your Eminence, Judge Sand here. | 主教阁下 我是桑德法官 |
[19:44] | Good morning. How are you? | 早上好 一切都还好吗 |
[19:45] | Just fine, Judge. And you? | 挺好的 法官大人 你呢 |
[19:47] | Very good. I have here | 很好 |
[19:48] | in chambers lawyers for the City of Yonkers | 我这儿有几个扬克斯的律师 |
[19:50] | and from the Department of Justice and the NAACP. | 还有来自司法部和全国有色人种协进会的人 |
[19:52] | I just want to make sure we all understand each other. | 我只想确保我们已经达成共识 |
[19:55] | Certainly, Judge Sand. Go ahead. | 当然了 桑德法官 请说 |
[19:58] | The city’s lawyers, Judge Mulligan among them, | 律师和穆里根法官 |
[20:00] | tell me that the archdiocese has agreed to let the city | 和我说教区已经同意 |
[20:03] | build 16 low-income housing units | 在瓦伦丁大街的圣约瑟夫神学院 |
[20:05] | at St. Joseph’s Seminary off Valentine Street. | 建造十六个低收入住房单元 |
[20:08] | That’s right. Bill and I have talked about a sliver of the site | 没错 比尔和我谈论过住房区需要一小块地 |
[20:11] | for the housing and perhaps a bit more for a playground. | 可能还需要再大一点来建个操场 |
[20:14] | I see, Your Eminence. If you have a problem | 我明白了 主教大人 |
[20:17] | with this proposal– a political problem– | 如果你对这个提议有任何政治问题 |
[20:19] | Oh, no, no, I understand the proposal and I’m prepared to do it. | 不不 我能理解这个提议 我也正打算这么做 |
[20:23] | It’s a help to the poor | 这是帮助了穷人 |
[20:25] | and consistent with the mission of the archdiocese. | 也符合教区的宗旨 |
[20:27] | Once everything’s finalized on your end, | 一旦你这边确定好了 |
[20:29] | let us know and we’ll release a statement. | 让我们知道就行 我们会发表声明的 |
[20:32] | Will do, Your Eminence. Thank you. | 必须的 主教大人 谢谢你 |
[20:34] | – Not at all. – We’ll be in touch. | -不用客气 -那么保持联系 |
[20:38] | Done. | 解决了 |
[20:41] | Wait, which one did you say was Hobart again? | 等下 你刚说哪个是霍巴特来着 |
[20:44] | Uh, 3F. Right there. | 嗯 3F 这边 |
[20:51] | Yeah, that one. | 对 就是那个 |
[20:54] | – Now, there. – Yeah. | -好了 好了 -是的 |
[20:56] | That way I’ll be able to tell when you’re not here to help me. | 这样你不在我身边帮我的时候 我自己也行 |
[21:01] | Yeah, I got practice Tuesday at the rec. | 是的 我周二要在健康中心练习 |
[21:03] | You know, I could miss it, | 我可以不去的 |
[21:04] | but that’d mean I’d have to quit the team. | 但这就意味着 我得离开队伍 |
[21:06] | No, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[21:08] | I’ll make do on Tuesday. | 我周二自己就可以 |
[21:09] | All right. | 好的 |
[21:11] | Can you wait on me? | 你能等等我吗 |
[21:16] | Jesus Christ, did you read this quote from Fagan? | 老天 你看过费根说的话吗 |
[21:19] | About the judge? | 关于这个法官的 |
[21:22] | If I knew you’d be so little help, | 如果我知道你这么懒 |
[21:25] | I would never have agreed to move in with you. | 我才不会同意和你一起住 |
[21:28] | I put the bed together. | 我把床装好了 |
[21:30] | What else do you and me need in a new apartment? | 我们的新公寓还需要什么东西 |
[21:34] | If my father heard you talk like that, he’d kill you twice. | 如果我爸爸听见你这么说 他杀你一次都不解恨 |
[21:38] | Yeah, he’s already mad at me, | 没错 他已经对我很不满了 |
[21:40] | moving in with a guy and no ring on my finger. | 因为我和某个家伙未婚同居 |
[21:43] | Ah, I’ll win him over like any other constituent. | 我会像赢得其他选民支持那样赢得你父亲的认可的 |
[21:45] | You’ll see. | 你等着看吧 |
[21:46] | # now, some may want to die, young man… # | #现在有的人想要死去 年轻人# |
[21:49] | You should come to bed. Tomorrow’s gonna be a long day. | 你该睡觉了 明天将会是漫长的一天 |
[21:55] | Tomorrow is gonna be hell. | 明天会是可怕的一天 |
[21:58] | # hey, buddy, that ain’t me… # | #嘿 伙计 那不是我# |
[22:02] | That’s– that’s– | 那是 那是 |
[22:05] | that’s the only plan that makes sense for the city. | 那是唯一有利于我们城市的计划 |
[22:10] | Thank you, Councilman. Mr. Spallone? | 谢谢你 议员 斯帕隆先生 |
[22:13] | You know, I’m not like these wimps who are kowtowing | 我不会像那些懦夫一样 |
[22:16] | to some judge who’s off the friggin’ wall. | 只会向某些荒谬的法官卑躬屈膝 |
[22:20] | I’m not wearing Pampers. | 我不是小屁孩 |
[22:24] | I swore an allegiance to you, the voters, | 我发誓我会为你们这些选民们效忠 |
[22:27] | and I’m gonna keep that allegiance to you, | 我一直都会如此忠诚 |
[22:29] | and I got a message for Judge Sands. | 我想对桑德法官说一句 |
[22:32] | Nuts to Judge Sands. | 疯子法官桑德 |
[22:34] | You wanna take me away? | 你想让我下台吗 |
[22:36] | Come get me! | 有本事自己来啊 |
[22:39] | Great, we’re one wing nut away from a riot. | 太棒了 我们离暴乱仅一步之遥了 |
[22:42] | Tell me about it. They confiscated four guns at the door. | 谁说不是呢 他们在门口没收了四把枪 |
[22:47] | I wonder which one of these bastards sent the bullets. | 我想知道是这里的哪个混蛋寄的子弹 |
[22:52] | Uh, we’re here to take testimony from the citizens of Yonkers… | 我们来收集扬克斯市民 |
[22:58] | …regarding the housing site plan. | 关于住房计划的意见 |
[23:03] | Those who have signed up and wish to make a statement | 已经签过名并且想发言的人 |
[23:05] | may proceed to the podium in the proper order. | 请依次上台 |
[23:09] | What I’d like to know is whatever happened to majority rule, huh? | 我想知道为什么不采用少数服从多数原则 |
[23:13] | – Yeah! – Isn’t this still America? | -没错 -这里还是美国吗 |
[23:15] | – Yeah! – A bunch of wimps is what you all are! | -没错 -你们就是一群懦夫 |
[23:20] | It’s about these public housing people | 这些低保住户 |
[23:22] | bringing drugs and crime into our neighborhood | 把毒品和犯罪带到我们身边 |
[23:26] | and ruining our property values! | 还破坏了我们的房产价值 |
[23:30] | – You promised us an appeal! – Yes! | -你们答应过我们会上诉的 -没错 |
[23:32] | You promised you wouldn’t settle! | 你们保证过不会和解的 |
[23:34] | You have succeeded in raping the voters of their city! | 你们在强奸民意上倒是十分成功啊 |
[23:41] | You people campaigned on this issue. | 你们竞选时的议题就是这个问题 |
[23:44] | I knocked on doors for you, Nick Long o. | 我曾为你四处拉票 尼克·隆戈 |
[23:47] | And you, Ed Fagan, you said, “I will go to jail.” | 而你 埃德·费根 你说“我会进监狱的” |
[23:51] | You’re not even a man of your word. | 你连自己说过的话都不作数 |
[23:54] | You know, we’re gonna find out. | 你们要知道 我们早晚会弄明白 |
[23:55] | We’re gonna find out what deal was done | 你们到底在故弄什么玄虚 |
[23:58] | and I think you’re gonna regret the day you went into politics. | 我认为你们会后悔踏入政坛的 |
[24:01] | So enjoy the next two years on the council! | 好好享受接下来你们在议会的两年吧 |
[24:06] | They’re your last two years! | 这是你们在这里的最后两年了 |
[24:09] | Shame on you! | 一群无耻之徒 |
[24:10] | You should be ashamed of yourselves! | 你们应该为自己感到羞耻 |
[24:12] | I’d like to remind the speakers | 我想提醒一下发言者们 |
[24:14] | to be respectful of the people up here. | 请尊重在座的每个人 |
[24:16] | Where’s our respect? No more lies! | 那谁来尊重我们 别再骗人了 |
[24:19] | No more lies! No more lies! | 不再欺骗 不再欺骗 |
[24:23] | No more lies! No more lies! | 不再欺骗 不再欺骗 |
[24:26] | No more lies! | 不再欺骗 |
[24:28] | Yet officials say approval of eight East Yonkers housing sites | 然而有官员称议会一定会支持在扬克斯东部 |
[24:32] | by the council is inevitable | 建立八个保障性住房区 |
[24:34] | despite the near unanimous objections of Yonkers residents, | 尽管扬克斯居民一致反对这项决议 |
[24:37] | hundreds of whom turned | 今晚数百名扬克斯居民 |
[24:38] | out tonight to register their displeasure. | 聚众表达他们的强烈不满 |
[24:41] | They’re really gonna build them. | 他们真的要建房了 |
[24:43] | Yeah, the paper said that | 是啊 报纸上说 |
[24:44] | the Loring and Clark site is still on the list. | 洛林和克拉克规划点依然在范围之内 |
[24:46] | And that’s just a couple of blocks from us. | 那里和我们只隔几个街区 |
[24:48] | I mean, these people. | 我是说 这些人真是的 |
[24:52] | They don’t live the way we do. | 他们和我们的生活方式又不同 |
[24:54] | They don’t want what we want. | 他们和我们的需求也不同 |
[24:58] | And their neighborhoods… | 而他们的社区 |
[25:00] | Yeah, a mess. | 是啊 一片混乱 |
[25:02] | Buddy, that’s the last damn meeting I’m going to miss. | 老伴 这将是我缺席的最后一次会议了 |
[25:05] | You mark my words. | 你记住我的话 |
[25:08] | Majority rules in America, but it can’t rule contrary to law! | 在美国我们采用多数决定原则 但它并不适用于去违背法律 |
[25:17] | Mr. Clerk, roll call this vote. | 书记员 开始点名表决 |
[25:21] | Mayor Wasicsko? | 沃西斯科市长 |
[25:24] | Yes. | 同意 |
[25:26] | Vice Mayor Spallone. | 副市长斯帕隆 |
[25:27] | No. | 反对 |
[25:29] | – Majority Leader Cola? – Yes. | -多数党领袖科拉 -同意 |
[25:32] | – Minority Leader Longo? – Yes. | -少数党领袖隆戈 -同意 |
[25:36] | – Council Member Fagan? – Yes. | -议会成员费根 -同意 |
[25:38] | Mr. Chema? | 切马先生 |
[25:42] | Mr. Chema? | 切马先生 |
[25:47] | – Mr. Oxman? – Yes. | -奥克斯曼先生 -同意 |
[25:51] | I have five ayes, two nays. | 五票支持 两票反对 |
[25:53] | The measure passes! | 决议通过 |
[25:54] | Hey, please. | 请维持秩序 |
[25:56] | What a waste of time. | 真是浪费时间 |
[25:58] | Sold us out! Sold us out! | 背叛民众 背叛民众 |
[26:01] | Sold us out! Sold us out! | 背叛民众 背叛民众 |
[26:04] | Sold us out! Sold us out! | 背叛民众 背叛民众 |
[26:06] | I never thought it could get this bad. | 我从没想过事情会变得这么糟糕 |
[26:08] | Did you hear those people? | 你听到那些人说什么了么 |
[26:10] | Jesus Christ. | 我的老天啊 |
[26:12] | What if we appeal to the Supreme Court? | 如果我们向最高法院上诉呢 |
[26:13] | What if we say we’re gonna appeal? | 如果我们说我们要上诉呢 |
[26:14] | There are no grounds, Nick. The lawyers said so. | 我们没有理由上诉 尼克 律师也这么说 |
[26:16] | – Fuck the lawyers. – Fuck the lawyers? | -让律师去死吧 -让律师去死 |
[26:18] | – Yeah. – You got a law degree, right, Nick? | -是啊 -你是法学学位 对吗 尼克 |
[26:20] | Yeah, I got too much pride to use it. | 是啊 没好意思用上 |
[26:22] | Seriously, fuck the fucking lawyers. | 我是说真的 去他的该死的律师 |
[26:25] | Seriously, I don’t see how you guys can sit here | 其实我很好奇你们俩怎么能坐在这 |
[26:27] | going over it again and again and again. | 翻来覆去的讨论这件事 |
[26:31] | I just want to go home. | 我只想回家 |
[26:33] | All right, I’m right behind you. | 好吧 我一会就回去 |
[26:34] | I need to decompress, okay? | 我需要减压 好吗 |
[26:37] | I’m wired and exhausted all at once. | 我现在又累又焦虑 |
[26:40] | I get it. | 我知道了 |
[26:43] | – I’ll see you later. – Be safe, okay? | -一会见 -注意安全 好吗 |
[26:44] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[26:46] | # oh, I wanna dance with somebody… # | #噢 我想和人跳跳舞# |
[26:51] | What’s wrong with you? Fuck the lawyers? | 你有毛病吗 让律师们去死 |
[26:52] | Never. The lawyers only fuck you. | 想都别想 只有律师整你的份儿 |
[26:55] | Yesterday they sent us a | 昨天他们寄过来一份上个月的账单 |
[26:57] | bill for another $160,000 for last month, | 让我再付十六万美元律师费 |
[27:00] | which means we’ve already spent, | 这说明我们已经在这场官司上 |
[27:02] | what, $15 million fighting this thing? | 花了一千五百万美元吗 |
[27:03] | Yeah, well, what’s another couple hundred thousand? | 是啊 那还在乎这十几万干什么 |
[27:06] | Come on, Nick. When we accepted the consent decree, | 想想看 尼克 当我们接受这份协议的时候 |
[27:08] | we gave up our right to appeal. | 就已经放弃了上诉的权利 |
[27:10] | You go to the Supreme Court now, | 你现在去最高法院 |
[27:12] | you piss off Judge Sand all over again. | 只会让桑德法官更生气 |
[27:13] | All right, so we don’t | 好吧 那么 |
[27:14] | appeal the low-income housing part of the plan. | 最低保障房这部分我们不上诉 |
[27:16] | That’s done, fine. | 这没问题 |
[27:18] | But we can still appeal the affordable housing part, can’t we? | 但是我们还是可以就经济适用房的那部分申请上诉 不是吗 |
[27:20] | Right? | 对吧 |
[27:22] | That’s the next 800 units | 在建完这批房子后 |
[27:23] | that we’re gonna have to build after these sites. | 我们还要再建八百套住房 |
[27:25] | What? | 怎么了 |
[27:28] | Would you rather take your chances with Judge Sand | 你是想跟桑德法官作对 |
[27:29] | or the good and angry people of Yonkers, New York? | 还是想跟纽约扬克斯那些善良愤怒的民众作对 |
[27:34] | Whoa, wait a minute. Are you shitting me? | 咳 等等 你开玩笑么 |
[27:37] | – Maalox and Stoli? – Yeah. | -美乐事加斯特里 -是啊 |
[27:39] | I’ve never seen anyone do that. | 我从没见过谁这样调酒 |
[27:41] | Me neither, actually. | 其实我也没见过 |
[27:42] | # I want to feel the heat with somebody # | #噢 我想感受亲近的温度# |
[27:45] | # yeah, I wanna dance with somebody… # | #噢 我想和人跳跳舞# |
[27:47] | – Well? – I don’t recommend it. | -怎么样 -我不会推荐你喝的 |
[27:53] | Where does this go? | 这是用在哪儿的 |
[27:54] | That’s extra. | 这是附送的 |
[27:57] | Extra? | 附送的 |
[27:58] | Yeah, you know they always give you extra pieces. | 对啊 他们经常会送你一些额外的配件 |
[28:00] | No, they don’t always. | 不 才不是 |
[28:02] | For real, Skip, we gotta do this right | 说真的 斯基普 我们得好好组装 |
[28:03] | or the baby gonna be falling through the slats or some shit. | 不然孩子会从这堆木板上摔下来的 |
[28:05] | – Oh, my God. – This is serious. | -哦 我的天 -我说的是真的 |
[28:07] | It ain’t funny. We got to assemble this right or it’s dangerous. | 这不好笑 我们得把它组装好 不然会很危险的 |
[28:10] | All right, just chill out. | 好好 别激动 |
[28:12] | You want me to call my father? | 你想让我叫我爸爸来吗 |
[28:14] | He know how to do shit right. | 他知道怎么做 |
[28:15] | No, you ain’t gotta call nobody. | 不 不用叫别人来 |
[28:17] | What, you don’t think I know how to be a daddy? | 怎么 你觉得我不懂怎么做一个父亲吗 |
[28:20] | Yo, as soon as this boy come out, I’m going back to school. | 孩子一出生 我就会回学校读书 |
[28:23] | School? You? | 回学校 你吗 |
[28:26] | Yeah, me. | 对 就是我 |
[28:28] | Westchester CC. | 韦斯切斯特社区学院 |
[28:30] | In the spring. | 春季入学 |
[28:33] | I mean, I want to quit now, but… | 我是说 我现在就想辞职 但是 |
[28:36] | I need the cash so I can step back and do it right. | 重新开始做正确的事是需要钱的 |
[28:42] | What you gonna study? | 你想学什么 |
[28:44] | Something to get me hired. | 学点能帮我找到工作的东西 |
[28:47] | I don’t know, maybe computers or some shit. I don’t know. | 我也不清楚 可能会学点计算机什么的 不知道 |
[28:52] | You know, definitely not construction. | 但肯定不学建筑 |
[28:54] | This shit ain’t me, man. | 这不是我的菜 |
[28:58] | – It’s not you, babe. – It’s not me. | -它不是你的菜 亲爱的 -没错 |
[29:00] | But it’s okay. | 但也没关系 |
[29:05] | Felipe missed you. | 费利佩很想你 |
[29:07] | That he and his father have this time together is a good thing. | 他和他的爸爸能一起度过一段时光是件好事 |
[29:10] | I got the banana. | 我拿到香蕉啦 |
[29:11] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[29:15] | Well, he home now. | 好吧 他现在回家了 |
[29:18] | And you, too. | 你也是 |
[29:20] | It’s better for them here, Javier, | 他们待在这里是比较好 哈维尔 |
[29:22] | but I am killing myself. | 但是我快累死了 |
[29:24] | I’m working at the school 12 hours a day | 我在学校一天工作十二个小时 |
[29:27] | and I still can’t keep up. | 但我挣的钱还是不够用 |
[29:28] | Rent, electricity– | 房租 水电费 |
[29:31] | it’s cheaper than New York, but not that cheap. | 这些花费比在纽约便宜 但是也没那么便宜 |
[29:33] | And food. Food alone costs | 还有吃饭的钱 光是饭钱 |
[29:35] | almost as much as I make here in a week. | 就几乎花掉了我一周的工资 |
[29:37] | But Felipe’s happy, no? | 但是费利佩很开心 不是吗 |
[29:38] | All your kids. | 你的孩子们都很开心 |
[29:42] | Plus, your place in New York is bad. | 另外 你在纽约的住处也不太好 |
[29:45] | So it’s settled. | 所以就这么定下来吧 |
[29:46] | What is settled? | 什么定下来 |
[29:49] | You raise my son here. | 你在这里抚养我的儿子 |
[29:50] | – You didn’t hear what I said? – I heard what you said. | -你没听见我说什么吗 -我听见了 |
[29:53] | – I can’t believe you’re saying it. – Which part? | -我真不敢相信你竟然这么说 -我说什么了 |
[29:55] | The part about the money? | 关于钱的事吗 |
[29:56] | Cause I don’t see you working 12 hours a day | 我可没看见你一天工作十二个小时 |
[29:58] | to put food in his mouth and a roof over his head. | 去挣钱给他买吃的和交房租 |
[30:00] | That my fault, huh? | 那是我的错吗 |
[30:02] | That my fault? Always my fault. | 是我的错吗 永远都是我不对 |
[30:05] | Huh? You gonna leave your kids here with a maid, huh? | 是吗 你要把孩子们留下来交给女佣吗 |
[30:07] | And you go back to America. That’s my fault? | 然后你却回了美国 这是我的错吗 |
[30:10] | The maid knows them a lot better than you do. | 那些女佣都比你了解他们 |
[30:12] | Anyway, my mother is just down the street. | 不管怎样 我妈妈就住在这条街上 |
[30:13] | You’re a bad mother. | 你不是一个好母亲 |
[30:16] | You’re gonna leave your sons here and you’re gonna run away. | 你要扔下你的儿子自己逃跑 |
[30:18] | You’re not a father. | 你根本没有做父亲的样子 |
[30:19] | Do you want Felipe living with you? | 你想让费利佩和你住在一起吗 |
[30:22] | No. | 没门 |
[30:23] | Then you have no say here. | 这没你说话的份 |
[30:25] | Felipe! | 费利佩 |
[30:29] | Sand is dirt! Sand is dirt! | 桑德是混蛋 桑德是混蛋 |
[30:35] | Go ahead. | 进去吧 |
[30:37] | – Thank you. Excuse me. – That’s their lawyer. | -谢谢 借过 -那是他们的律师 |
[30:39] | – That’s fucking Sussman! – Excuse me, please. | -是那个该死的萨斯曼 -借过 拜托 |
[30:41] | Hey, fuck you, you son of a bitch! | 嘿 去你妈的 你这个狗娘养的 |
[30:44] | Thank you! Thank you! | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[30:46] | Uh, Michael Sussman, lead council for the NAACP. | 嗯 我是迈克尔·萨斯曼 全国有色人种协进会的首席律师 |
[30:48] | – Not this door. – What do you mean, not this door? | -你走错门了 -你说走错门了是什么意思 |
[30:50] | They just– they just told | 他们 他们刚告诉我 |
[30:51] | me to come in the side door. I could get in. | 让我从侧门进 我可以进去的 |
[30:52] | – That’s what they just told me. – You were told wrong. | -他们就是这么跟我说的 -他们告诉你的是错的 |
[30:55] | Look, Officer, I got to get in there, okay? | 听着 警官 我必须要进去 好吗 |
[30:58] | I got to be in court tomorrow– | 我明天要出庭 |
[30:59] | depending on what they do tonight be ready to argue | 要看他们今晚的结果如何 |
[31:01] | that the council be held in contempt. | 准备指证议会藐视法庭 |
[31:02] | – I got to get– – What can I tell you? | -我得 -这和我有什么关系 |
[31:07] | You’re really doing an exemplary job, Officer. | 你真尽职 警官 |
[31:08] | Really preserving the peace. Thank you. | 维持和平全是你的功劳 真谢谢你 |
[31:12] | Okay, I guess I’ll just have to use the front door. | 好吧 我想我只能从前门进了 |
[31:15] | Officer of the court coming through. Excuse me. | 法院的工作人员从这里借过一下 不好意思 |
[31:18] | Right. I’m not playing this game, okay? | 好吧 我不会参与的 好吗 |
[31:21] | I’m not playing this game. Excuse me, sir. | 我是不会参与的 借过一下 先生 |
[31:23] | Please keep your hands– thank you. | 请把你的手拿开 谢谢 |
[31:25] | Officer of the court coming through. Excuse me. | 法院的官员要借过一下 不好意思 |
[31:34] | Look, I know it sounds bad out there. | 听着 我知道现在外面一团糟 |
[31:37] | I know what’s in your ears. | 我知道你听见了什么 |
[31:40] | But the vote tonight was specifically requested by Judge Sand. | 但今晚的投票是桑德法官特别要求的 |
[31:43] | Now, he’s not yet asking that we name more sites | 他甚至都没要求我们列举出更多的规划点 |
[31:47] | or even have a full plan for affordable housing. | 或是一个详尽的经济适用房计划 |
[31:51] | What he is asking is that | 他要求的不过是 |
[31:52] | the council affirm that we’re still committed | 市议会确保我们仍然坚持 |
[31:55] | to the affordable housing part of the settlement. | 经济适用房计划的实施 |
[32:00] | And we have to be committed. | 我们也必须对此坚持 |
[32:02] | We agreed to it. | 我们都同意了的 |
[32:07] | Understood? | 清楚了吗 |
[32:14] | Good. | 好 |
[32:17] | Appeal! Appeal! Appeal! | 上诉 上诉 上诉 |
[32:20] | Yeah, you bunch of bums! | 对 你们这群流民 |
[32:26] | – Oh, you! – It’s all right. | -是你 -放松 |
[32:35] | The Yonkers City Council is now in session. | 扬克斯市市议会现在开始 |
[32:38] | Mr. Clerk? | 书记员先生 |
[32:42] | – Please take your seats. – Excuse me, may I? Thank you. | -请就座 -请问我能坐这儿吗 谢谢 |
[32:45] | Will you please take your seats? | 请大家尽快就座 |
[32:47] | This is my first meeting. | 这是我第一次参加会议 |
[32:51] | What do you do with this? Any idea? | 你要怎么应对这些 有任何想法吗 |
[32:52] | Here’s your Pampers, baby mayor! | 给你纸尿裤 小毛头市长 |
[32:57] | Yeah, I’m talking about you! | 对 说的就是你 |
[33:01] | Hey! | 喂 |
[33:02] | Try this on for size! | 试试这个尺寸 |
[33:05] | Remove him! What are you waiting for? | 把他清出去 你还在等什么 |
[33:07] | Mr. Mayor, I think this was meant for you. | 市长先生 我觉得这是给你准备的 |
[33:10] | Thank you, Hank. | 谢谢你 汉克 |
[33:19] | We’ve had it with what you’re doing here! | 我们已经受够了你们的所作所为 |
[33:22] | The hell with you! | 都去死吧 |
[33:24] | Officers, officers, could you please take care of this? | 警官 警官 你们能处理一下吗 |
[33:28] | Don’t you build those projects! | 你敢实施这些项目试试 |
[33:30] | That’s enough of you! | 我们受够你了 |
[33:32] | Officers. | 警官 |
[33:37] | Hey, I’m not leaving. I’m not leaving. | 喂 我是不会离开的 我不离开 |
[33:40] | You wanna carry me? | 你想扛着我么 |
[33:42] | Leave her alone! | 别碰她 |
[33:44] | Don’t you dare, Bobby. | 鲍比 你怎么敢 |
[33:46] | Don’t you dare. I know your mother. | 你怎么敢 我认识你妈妈 |
[33:50] | Don’t you dare! | 你怎么敢 |
[33:57] | Don’t you dare! Don’t you dare! | 你们怎么敢 你们怎么敢 |
[34:00] | Don’t you dare! Don’t you dare! | 你们怎么敢 你们怎么敢 |
[34:07] | As indicated by our last vote, | 正如我们最后的投票所显示的 |
[34:10] | we elected to appeal the affordable housing portion | 我们已就法官法令中建造经济适用房计划的部分 |
[34:14] | of the judge’s order to the Supreme Court, | 向最高法院提起了上诉 |
[34:16] | but the Supreme Court has refused to– | 但最高法院驳回了… |
[34:18] | Appeal all of it, you coward! | 上诉整个计划 你们这些懦夫 |
[34:20] | Roll call, Mr. Clerk. Roll call. | 按名单表决 书记员先生 点名投票 |
[34:25] | – Mayor Wasicsko? – Aye. | -沃西斯科市长 -赞成 |
[34:28] | – Vice Mayor Spallone? – No. | -斯帕隆副市长 -反对 |
[34:32] | – Majority Leader Cola? – No. | -多数党领袖科拉 -反对 |
[34:36] | – Minority Leader Longo? – No. | -少数党领袖隆戈 -反对 |
[34:39] | – Council Member Fagan? – No. | -费根议员 -反对 |
[34:43] | – Council Member Chema? – No. | -切马议员 -反对 |
[34:46] | – Council Member Oxman? – Abstain. | -奥克斯曼议员 -弃权 |
[34:50] | Pussy. | 懦夫 |
[34:51] | I have one aye, five nays, one abstention. | 一票赞成 五票反对 一票弃权 |
[34:55] | The measure fails! | 计划未通过 |
[34:58] | Meeting adjourned. | 休会 |
[35:15] | I wanna play. When’s it my turn? | 我想玩 什么时候才轮到我 |
[35:18] | You’re six. You don’t know how to do anything. | 你才六岁 你什么都不会 |
[35:20] | Next game. | 下一次 |
[35:21] | You always say, “Next game.” | 你总在说下一次 |
[35:22] | Guys… | 孩子们 |
[35:24] | I have something to tell you. | 我有事要说 |
[35:26] | This isn’t gonna be easy for any of us, | 这对我们都不容易 |
[35:28] | but I have to go back to New York soon. | 但我马上就要回纽约了 |
[35:30] | – What? – No fair. | -什么 -不公平 |
[35:31] | No, you can’t. | 不 你不能这么做 |
[35:33] | Felipe. | 费利佩 |
[35:37] | This is best. | 这才是最好的选择 |
[35:38] | For you to be here while I earn what I can there. | 你们待在这里 我可以在那里多挣些钱 |
[35:42] | Okay? | 明白吗 |
[35:46] | Do you understand? | 你能理解吗 |
[36:26] | About 50 protesters from the Save Yonkers Federation | 当纽约红衣主教约翰·奥康纳今天下午到达 |
[36:29] | greeted New York’s Cardinal John O’Connor this afternoon | 邓伍迪的圣约瑟神学院门口时 |
[36:32] | when he rived at the gate | 约五十名拯救扬克斯市联盟成员 |
[36:34] | of Saint Joseph’s Seminary in Dunwoodie. | 与其进行了会面 |
[36:36] | The group objects to the New York Archdiocese’s agreement | 人群对纽约总教区将神学院的 |
[36:39] | to give some of the seminary’s | 部分土地分出用于扬克斯市 |
[36:40] | land to the City of Yonkers for public housing. | 公共住房项目建设的决定表示反对 |
[36:43] | We’re urging Catholics all over the city, | 我们强烈建议全市的所有天主教徒 |
[36:45] | especially the parishioners of St. John the Baptist, | 尤其是圣约翰浸礼会的教民 |
[36:48] | to withhold their donations from the church | 不再响应教堂和红衣主教的号召 |
[36:51] | and from the cardinal’s appeal. | 对其进行捐款 |
[36:53] | He needs to remember who the people are | 他需要记住谁才是多数人 |
[36:55] | who are in his archdiocese. | 谁占据了总教区的多数 |
[37:01] | Prenatal clinic. | 产前诊所 |
[37:06] | Is there a Doreen Henderson here? | 这里有谁叫朵琳·亨德森吗 |
[37:10] | Me. | 我 |
[37:11] | Miss Henderson, I have a call for you. | 亨德森小姐 有电话找你 |
[37:15] | For me? | 找我的 |
[37:17] | – Here? – Mm. | -这个吗 -嗯 |
[37:21] | Hello? | 你好 |
[37:53] | Ahem. | 嗯哼 |
[38:03] | Gammy found him in the apartment in Mulford. | 盖米在马尔福德的公寓里发现的他 |
[38:06] | My boy always had trouble with that. Always. | 我的孩子在这方面一直有问题 一直都是 |
[38:11] | I never knew Skip to breathe without a struggle. | 斯基普从没有轻松顺畅地呼吸过 |
[38:21] | What are we going to do? | 我们怎么办 |
[38:28] | Clerk will call the roll… | 书记员会点名询问他们意见 |
[38:32] | on the resolution approving the plan | 是否同意这项在指定地点 |
[38:35] | for 800 units of affordable housing | 建造八百个单位经济适用房 |
[38:38] | to be built on the specified sites. | 的计划 |
[38:40] | Ahem. | 嗯 |
[38:42] | On the resolution approving the plan | 是否同意这项在指定地点 |
[38:45] | for 800 units to be built on the specified sites. | 建造八百个单位经济适用房的计划 |
[38:52] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[38:54] | I’m practicing. | 做练习 |
[38:58] | I’m trying to do it as dispassionately as I can. | 我在尝试表现得尽量冷静 |
[39:02] | Just even voice and… | 重点就是平淡的语气还有 |
[39:06] | no show of emotion. | 不要流露出情绪 |
[39:09] | I just want ’em to see that it’s not getting to me, you know? | 我只想他们觉得我并不会因此而大喜大悲 |
[39:12] | Yeah? How’s it going? | 是吗 进展如何 |
[39:14] | I think I’m getting better at it. | 我觉得自己在进步 |
[39:16] | – Yeah? – I think so. | -是吗 -我真这么觉得 |
[39:18] | – Good. – Yeah. | -那很好啊 -嗯 |
[39:19] | Keep practicing. | 继续练吧 |
[39:24] | Clerk will call the roll. | 书记员会点名询问他们意见 |
[39:29] | – Ahem. – Yeah. | -嗯哼 -然后呢 |
[39:31] | Clerk will call the roll. | 书记员会点名询问他们意见 |
[39:36] | Clerk will call… | 书记员会点名询问 |
[39:39] | the roll. | 他们的意见 |
[39:43] | Clerk will roll the call. | 他们会点名询问书记员意见 |
[39:56] | – Ma’am – Thank you. | -女士我来吧 -谢谢你 |
[40:12] | Are you okay, ma’am? | 你还好吧 女士 |
[40:16] | My children. | 我的孩子们 |
[40:18] | I miss them already. | 我已经开始想念他们了 |
[40:21] | I’m so sorry, ma’am. | 为你感到抱歉 女士 |
[40:38] | Your nephew can’t come anymore? | 你的侄子再也不能来了 |
[40:44] | I’m going to miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[40:48] | I know, darling. | 我知道 亲爱的 |
[40:49] | Your eyes can’t get any better? | 你的眼睛好不了了吗 |
[40:55] | No, Mr. Hobart, they can’t. | 嗯 霍巴特先生 它们好不了了 |
[40:58] | Norma, how old are you? | 诺玛 你多大了 |
[41:02] | I’m 47. | 47岁 |
[41:05] | You’re still young. | 还很年轻呐 |
[41:07] | Am I? | 真的吗 |
[41:13] | Misled? | 误导 |
[41:15] | Misled? Look at this. | 误导 看看这句话 |
[41:17] | “Too many people of any category together | “太多各类人群的聚集 |
[41:20] | can lead to a ghetto situation”? | 会造成极端情况” |
[41:22] | Are you kidding me? | 在逗我么 |
[41:23] | Your Honor, I know we’re well past your deadline | 法官阁下 我知道我们早已经超出了 |
[41:25] | for approving the affordable housing component, | 您关于通过经济适用房部分计划的限期 |
[41:27] | but the cardinal’s turnaround has the council marching backwards. | 但是主教的彻底转向让议会的努力后退了一大步 |
[41:30] | They’re asking for a new vote on the consent decree. | 他们要求就同意判决书进行新一轮的投票 |
[41:32] | They’re saying that your | 他们说您关于此的决议 |
[41:34] | decision is antireligion. Or anti-Catholic. | 是反宗教的 或者说是反天主教的 |
[41:36] | Another Hebrew plot exposed! | 又一个希伯来密谋曝光了 |
[41:39] | Yonkers officials are obviously | 扬克斯市的官员们很显然正在 |
[41:41] | using the cardinal’s unfortunate retreat | 利用主教此刻不幸的退避 |
[41:43] | as a transparent ploy to get out of the entire consent decree. | 来光明正大地为自己从同意判决书中脱身 |
[41:46] | And please tell your mayor I said so. | 请将我的这些话转告你们的市长 |
[41:49] | And where is Mr. Wasicsko today? | 另外 沃西斯科先生现在在哪儿 |
[41:52] | He’s meeting with our trial attorneys. | 他在会见我们的审判律师 |
[41:54] | Apparently, Cardinal O’Connor isn’t the only one with cold feet. | 显然 奥康纳主教不是唯一一个怯场的 |
[41:57] | Jesus Christ. | 上帝啊 |
[41:59] | Of course my firm has to resign from the case. | 我的事务所肯定是要撤出这个案件的 |
[42:02] | I mean, what choice do we have? | 我是说 我们难道还有别的选择吗 |
[42:04] | Our integrity’s been attacked. | 我们的正直性受到了攻击 |
[42:05] | The entire law firm has been attacked. | 整个律师事务所都被攻击了 |
[42:07] | I’ve been accused of misleading the cardinal, for God’s sake. | 看在上帝的份儿上 我已经被指控为误导主教了 |
[42:10] | Cigar? | 雪茄 |
[42:14] | Cardinal O’Connor is actually saying we bamboozled him, | 事实上 奥康纳主教还说我们迷惑了他 |
[42:18] | as if we tricked him into offering land. | 说得好像是我们骗了他让他提供土地一样 |
[42:20] | Yeah, it’s a dirty business, huh? | 是啊 这就是个肮脏的活儿 不是吗 |
[42:25] | Nobody gets out clean, do they? | 没人能独善其身 是吧 |
[42:30] | Gentlemen, I asked for the council to affirm | 先生们 我要求议会确认 |
[42:33] | that Yonkers still supports continuing | 扬克斯市仍然支持继续进行 |
[42:35] | with the second phase of the court settlement– | 法院法令的第二阶段 |
[42:37] | the affordable housing plan– | 即经济适用房的建设计划 |
[42:39] | and the latest council action signals the exact opposite. | 然而 议会最新的行动显然与此背道而驰 |
[42:42] | So we are back to the usual precipice. | 因此我们又回到了惯例的艰难阶段 |
[42:45] | I’m setting next Monday as a deadline for a vote | 我宣布 下周一将是投票通过实施 |
[42:47] | in favor of enactment of a full housing plan, | 完整的房屋计划的最后期限 |
[42:51] | including the affordable housing component. | 其中包括经济适用房建造的部分 |
[42:52] | Should you not approve a plan by then, | 如果到那时你们还没通过该项计划 |
[42:54] | you and the City of Yonkers | 你们连同扬克斯市 |
[42:55] | will be in contempt of court and fines will begin. | 将会被判处藐视法庭 罚款也会相应地进行 |
[42:59] | In addition, anyone who fails to vote in favor of enactment | 另外 任何未能投出同意票的人 |
[43:03] | will be personally fined $500 a day and imprisoned. | 将被处以每人每天五百美元的罚款和相应的监禁 |
[43:06] | They’ll be released once a week | 每周可以被释放一次 |
[43:08] | to attend a council meeting and consider changing their vote. | 以参加市议会并且重新考虑变更投票 |
[43:12] | Gentlemen, our object | 先生们 我们的目标 |
[43:14] | is not to create martyrs or heroes. | 并非创造烈士或英雄 |
[43:19] | Our object is to get this housing built. | 我们的目标只是建造房屋 |
[44:13] | Big night tonight, Pop. | 今晚会很关键 老爸 |
[44:15] | Judge is gonna give us one more chance. | 法官给了我们第二次机会 |
[44:19] | Deuce hits the fan and we separate the men from the shit talkers. | 局势会更加惨不忍睹 满嘴大话和真正汉子也会高下立分了 |
[44:32] | Well, I don’t think I got the votes. | 我倒不认为我会得到选票 |
[44:38] | The stuff they’re gonna be saying tonight, | 今晚那些人会说的话 |
[44:41] | the shouting, the things they’re gonna call me… | 那些吼声 那些对我的辱骂 |
[44:53] | You know, I wish you woulda lived long enough | 你知道的 我真希望你活得久一点 |
[44:55] | to see me win my first primary for council seat. | 好看看我赢得我的第一个议会首要席位 |
[44:59] | New on the job, everybody wanted to be my friend. | 成为一个新手 大家都想和我做朋友 |
[45:12] | It won’t be like this forever, though, right? | 虽然这不可能持久 对吗 |
[45:18] | I’ll see you. | 回头再来看你 |
[45:19] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[45:20] | Ahem. | 嗯哼 |
[45:28] | That’s the son of a bitch working for Judge Sand. | 这就是那个婊子养的桑德法官的走狗 |
[45:30] | The guy with the beard. | 有胡子那个 |
[45:36] | Oh. | 哦 |
[45:39] | You piece of shit. That’s right, you’re a piece of shit. | 你这混蛋 是的 你就是个混蛋 |
[45:41] | Hiding behind the cops. | 只会躲在警察后面 |
[45:42] | He’s a Jew, Newman. | 他是个犹太人 纽曼这家伙 |
[45:44] | They all are. That’s why this is happening. | 他们都是 所以才会发生这事 |
[45:46] | – They’re not all Jewish. – Well, Sussman, | -他们不全是犹太人 -好吧 萨斯曼是 |
[45:49] | the lawyer that brought this suit, he’s Jewish. | 那个起诉的家伙 他就是个犹太人 |
[45:51] | And Newman and Sand. | 还有纽曼和桑德 |
[45:53] | Last weekend, when we | 上周 我们 |
[45:54] | went up to Pound Ridge where he has a house– | 去了庞德里奇 他在那有栋房子 |
[45:57] | Wait a minute. You went– you– | 等等 你去了 |
[45:59] | I’m sorry, but you went to Pound Ridge | 不好意思 你去了庞德里奇 |
[46:02] | where Judge Sand lives to protest? | 去了桑德法官住的地方搞抗议 |
[46:05] | Judge wasn’t home, but I’m sure he got the message. | 法官那时不在家 但我肯定他收到消息了 |
[46:08] | You know, I don’t think it’s right to make this about religion. | 我觉得不应该把这件事扯上宗教 |
[46:11] | That’s not the point. | 那不是重点 |
[46:12] | All I’m saying is look who’s behind all this mess. | 我的重点是要搞清楚这一切背后的主谋 |
[46:31] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[46:34] | Well, it’s gonna be a wild one. | 这场会议肯定会很狂热 |
[46:36] | – Don’t you feel threatened? – Nah. Goes with the job. | -你不觉得受威胁吗 -不会 这是工作的一部分 |
[46:40] | Maybe with yours. | 可能只是你工作的一部分 |
[46:44] | All right, Hank! Go get ’em! | 去吧 汉克 去把他们拿下 |
[46:46] | Hey, Hank! You tell ’em! | 嘿 汉克你告诉他们 |
[46:53] | Show us the pictures! Let us see what’s on them. | 把照片给我们看 让我们看看上面有些啥 |
[47:11] | ill council members please take their seats? | 请所有议员就座 |
[47:17] | Council members, take your seats, please. | 议员们 请就座 |
[47:20] | Mr. Spallone, would you please take your seat? | 斯帕隆先生 请坐好行吗 |
[47:25] | All right, as a first order of business, | 好的 工作第一项 |
[47:28] | the, uh– the council members | 嗯 议员们 |
[47:32] | would like to just take a few moments | 想在此花些时间 |
[47:34] | to honor the firefighters | 致敬我们的 |
[47:37] | and the police officers of this city | 消防队员和警官们 |
[47:39] | who have shown extraordinary bravery this past year. | 他们在过去一年的工作中表现勇猛 |
[47:46] | These men risk their lives. | 冒着生命危险保护我们 |
[47:51] | You go home to your mother, Wasicsko! | 回你老家去 沃西斯科 |
[47:54] | Go home to your mother! | 回你老家去 |
[47:57] | Your father would be ashamed of you. | 你爸会为你感到羞愧 |
[47:59] | Officers, please eject this woman. | 警官 请把这位女士带出会场 |
[48:01] | You hear me? You’re a sleaze! | 你听见我说的吗 你这个卑鄙小人 |
[48:04] | You’re a sleaze, Wasicsko! | 你是个小人 沃西斯科 |
[48:07] | Come on. Let’s go. | 来 跟我走 |
[48:11] | – Here we go. – Shame on you, Mr. Mayor. | -走这边 -为你羞愧 市长先生 |
[48:15] | I invite everyone to come with me to the housing projects. | 我请大家跟我认清住房计划的事实 |
[48:18] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[48:19] | You can see here what public housing always leads to. | 你们从图上可以看到建造公共住房的后果 |
[48:23] | Not just here in Yonkers, but everywhere else. | 不只是在扬克斯 到处都是这样 |
[48:27] | Now, these are places that have become crack jungles | 现在 有些地方已经变成了破丛林 |
[48:30] | which have trapped innocent | 这种项目以帮助弱势群体的名义 |
[48:32] | people in the name of helping minorities. | 欺压无辜民众 |
[48:34] | As many of you know, I have been opposed to this plan… | 你们都知道 我一直反对这个计划 |
[48:37] | Cola, you sellout! | 科拉 你这个叛徒 |
[48:38] | …but I am voting for it because… | 但我现在支持它是因为 |
[48:44] | I am voting for it because | 我支持它是因为 |
[48:45] | maintaining our bond rating is too important. | 保持我们的债券评级太过重要了 |
[48:48] | This is a direct attack by the judge | 这是法官对于扬克斯人民 |
[48:50] | on the quality of life here in Yonkers. | 生活质量的直接攻击 |
[48:53] | This is– | 这是 |
[48:55] | it’s a typical case of the hypocrisy of the rich | 这是一个典型案例 |
[48:59] | and the elitists looking down on those | 反映了那些所谓的富人和杰出人士 |
[49:01] | who have to work for everything they have. | 对为生存在外奔波的人们的轻视 |
[49:03] | It is not up to this council | 法院命令的合宪性 |
[49:05] | to judge on the constitutionality of a court order. | 由不得议会来判断 |
[49:10] | We’ve all sworn an obligation to uphold and obey the law. | 我们都曾宣誓履行义务 遵守法律 |
[49:14] | This is not about race. | 这与种族无关 |
[49:15] | This is not solely a black and white question. | 这不只是黑人和白人的问题 |
[49:19] | This is a green issue. | 这是一个绿色提议 |
[49:21] | This is a question of economics. | 这是一个经济问题 |
[49:25] | Roll call vote, Mr. Clerk, | 书记员先生 现在唱票表决 |
[49:27] | on the intent to adopt the housing plan as proposed. | 是否继续实施住房计划的意愿 |
[49:31] | I got your intent right here! | 你们要顺从民意 |
[49:35] | – Mayor Wasicsko. – Aye. | -沃西斯科市长 -同意 |
[49:37] | Vice Mayor Spallone? | 副市长斯帕隆 |
[49:40] | No. | 反对 |
[49:42] | – Majority Leader Cola? – Yes. | -多数党领袖科拉 -同意 |
[49:47] | – Minority Leader Longo? – No. | -少数党领袖隆戈 -反对 |
[49:51] | – Council Member Fagan? – No. | -议员费根 -反对 |
[49:55] | – Mr. Chema? – No. | -切马先生 -反对 |
[49:59] | – Mr. Oxman? – Yes. | -奥克斯曼先生 -同意 |
[50:02] | I have three ayes, four nays. | 三票同意 四票反对 |
[50:05] | The measure fails. | 计划不通过 |
[50:06] | Meeting adjourned. | 休会 |
[50:12] | There does have to come a moment of truth, | 我们定要等来一个真理的时刻 |
[50:14] | a moment of reckoning, a moment when the City of Yonkers | 一个清算的时刻 一个扬克斯市不想 |
[50:17] | seeks not to become a national symbol of defiance of civil rights | 给自己贴上蔑视公民权利的标签的时刻 |
[50:20] | and not to heap shame upon shame upon itself. | 不想使自己一层又一层地蒙羞的时刻 |
[50:24] | No court has strained harder, with greater patience, | 不曾有哪个法院如此尽力 如此耐心 |
[50:27] | to defer to the state and local government. | 去遵从州政府或当地政府的意见 |
[50:32] | But it would be difficult to imagine a clearer challenge | 但不管是对于宪法还是对于一个法治政府来说 |
[50:35] | to the Constitution or to a government of law | 很难想象 还会有比今晨的这般场面 |
[50:38] | than that presented this morning. | 更赤裸裸的挑战 |
[50:41] | I therefore have no alternative | 因此我别无选择 |
[50:43] | other than to find the City of Yonkers in contempt of this court | 只能判处扬克斯市藐视法庭 |
[50:48] | and impose a penalty of $100 a day, beginning today. | 并从今天起处以每天一百美元的罚款 |
[50:52] | A fine that will double every day hereafter. | 此后罚款金额每天加倍 |
[50:55] | As for you, councilmen, | 至于议员们 |
[50:57] | I find your rationale to be a frivolous pretext. | 我认为你们的阐述不过是无用的托词 |
[51:00] | How much hypocrisy must accompany this litigation? | 这起诉讼里还要包含多少虚伪 |
[51:04] | I find Councilmen Longo, Fagan, Chema, and Spallone | 我认为议员隆戈 费根 切马和斯帕隆 |
[51:08] | to be personally and individually in contempt of this court | 都在个人上藐视法庭 |
[51:12] | and impose upon each of you a penalty | 所以每人处以罚款 |
[51:14] | of $500 a day, beginning today. | 五百美元一天 从今天开始 |
[51:19] | In addition, if the necessary legislation is not enacted | 此外 如果下周三 八月十日之前 |
[51:23] | on or before next Wednesday, August 10th, | 应立法案仍没有通过 |
[51:26] | you will report to the federal marshal for imprisonment | 你们将受到联邦警察的监禁 |
[51:28] | until such time as you have purged yourself | 直到你们反思自己 |
[51:31] | of contempt by approving the housing plan. | 并同意通过住房计划 |
[51:35] | This court stands adjourned. | 休庭 |
[51:38] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[51:58] | Is anybody gonna get that? | 有人接电话吗 |
[52:02] | Lisa? | 丽莎 |
[52:05] | Nay? | 奈伊 |
[52:07] | Is anybody out here? | 有人在外面吗 |
[52:25] | Mayor’s office. | 市长办公室 |
[52:26] | Yes, my name is Mary Dorman. | 是的 我是玛丽·多尔曼 |
[52:28] | I would like to talk to the mayor, please. | 我想和市长说话 |
[52:30] | This is the mayor. | 我就是市长 |
[52:34] | Hello? | 喂 |
[52:37] | This is Mayor Wasicsko. | 我是沃西斯科市长 |
[52:40] | This is– I didn’t, uh– | 我是 我不知道 呃 |
[52:44] | I didn’t expect for you to answer. | 我没想到您会接电话 |
[52:50] | I called– I wanted to tell you that I, um– | 我打电话是 我想告诉您 嗯 |
[52:52] | I think it’s wrong of you to support the housing. | 我认为您支持住房计划是错的 |
[52:57] | Yeah, well, the law is the law, | 嗯 好吧 但法律就是法律 |
[53:01] | and the judge ordered it and the court upheld it | 法官颁布此项法令 法院也维持原判 |
[53:05] | and the law’s the law. | 这就是法律 |
[53:08] | Well, why can’t you say that you think it’s wrong? | 好吧 为什么你不说你觉得它错的 |
[53:11] | At least let the people know that. | 至少你可以让民众知道这一点 |
[53:12] | Because that’s not what a leader is supposed to do. | 因为领导者不该这样做 |
[53:17] | A leader is supposed to lead, and that’s what I’m trying to do. | 领导者应该去领导 这是我一直在做的事 |
[53:24] | You threw me out of the last council meeting. | 你在上周的议会中把我赶出去了 |
[53:31] | Which one were you? | 你是哪一个 |
[53:32] | I have gray salt-and-pepper hair. | 我的头发是灰胡椒色 |
[53:36] | I have– wear glasses. | 我戴着眼镜 |
[53:37] | I was standing right at the railing. | 当时站在扶手边 |
[53:42] | Yeah, I remember you. | 是的 我记得你 |
[53:50] | I promise I’ll never have you thrown out again. | 我保证不会再把你赶出去 |
[53:56] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[53:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[54:06] | All right, good-bye now. | 好吧 那再见了 |
[54:17] | Who was that? | 你在和谁打电话 |
[54:19] | No one, really. | 没有谁 |