时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Richie! | 理奇 |
[00:13] | – Right on time. – Hey. You’re the lawyer? | -好准时 -您是我要找的律师吗 |
[00:15] | Ron LaFlamme. Great to meet you. | 我叫罗恩·拉弗兰梅 很高兴认识你 |
[00:19] | All right, homeboy. Pop a squat. | 好了伙计 随便坐 |
[00:20] | Start autographing by the flags. | 在贴着标签的地方签字吧 |
[00:22] | Lot of paper to get through. | 要签的文件可不少 |
[00:30] | So, what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[00:33] | About? | 什么怎么样 |
[00:35] | Jeannie. She’s pretty hot, right? | 珍妮 她很性感 对吧 |
[00:37] | Oh. Yeah. No, she’s… she’s very pretty. | 是 她很漂亮 |
[00:40] | Yeah, she is. | 当然 |
[00:42] | Oh, we’re doing that. OK. | 还要击拳吗 好吧 |
[00:45] | So yo, Peter tells me you’re popping your cherry with this. | 彼得告诉我 你是第一次接触这些 |
[00:47] | So let me just walk you through it. | 那我给你说明下 |
[00:49] | That stuff you’re signing gives you | 你现在签的这份文件 |
[00:50] | the convertible note for funding | 是注资兑现票据 |
[00:52] | and establishes you and Peter Gregory | 表明你和彼得·格里高利 |
[00:55] | as the board members of Pied Piper, | 同为’魔笛手’公司的董事会成员 |
[00:57] | incorporated in the state of Delaware. | 公司注册地为特拉华州 |
[00:59] | OK. Why Delaware? | 好吧 为什么是特拉华州 |
[01:01] | Rich, Rich. Lawyer, not lawyer. | 你有钱 我也有 我是律师 而你不是 |
[01:05] | I got you. | 听我的 |
[01:07] | So, Peter Gregory, big fan of you. | 彼得·格里高利可是你的铁杆粉丝 |
[01:12] | He invited you to his toga party, right? | 他邀请你参加他的古罗马长袍派对了吧 |
[01:13] | That’s a big deal. | 这次盛况空前 |
[01:14] | Flo Rida’s playing. | 佛罗·里达[饶舌歌手]会去表演 |
[01:15] | – You like Flo Rida? – Should be fun. | -你喜欢佛罗·里达吗 -应该挺好玩 |
[01:17] | – Yeah, I went to a lot Silicon Valley… – See this guitar? | -我去过挺多派对… -看这把吉他 |
[01:20] | Sergey and Larry from Google signed it. | 有谷歌创始人谢尔盖和拉里的签名 |
[01:23] | Both of them. Right there. | 两人都签了 在这儿 |
[01:28] | So, Pied Piper. | ‘魔笛手’ |
[01:31] | You’re one of Peter’s compression plays, huh? | 彼得也给你们这压缩算法投资了啊 |
[01:33] | Uhh, one of? How many does he have? | “也给” 他投资了多少个 |
[01:36] | Not too many. Like six or eight. | 也不多 六个还是八个吧 |
[01:38] | OK. Why are there so many? | 好吧 为什么这么多 |
[01:40] | You know how sea turtles have a shit-ton of babies | 海龟一次要产非常多的卵 |
[01:42] | because most of them die on their way down to the water? | 因为绝大部分小海龟还没爬回海里就死了 |
[01:45] | Peter just wants to make sure | 彼得只是想确保 |
[01:46] | that his money makes it to the ocean. | 花出去的钱能有所回报 |
[01:49] | But it seems like you got your shit together. | 你好像应对得还不错 |
[01:50] | A lot of these guys come in here | 很多到这来的人 |
[01:52] | and they can do all of the engineering stuff | 工程上非常在行 |
[01:54] | but they get all hung up on technicalities. | 可他们一心扑在技术上 |
[01:56] | They can’t just tell you what their vision for the company is. | 连公司愿景是什么都说不清楚 |
[01:59] | Those guys are so fucked. | 那些家伙真没用 |
[02:02] | It’s like you need both halves of the brain, right? | 就好比大脑的左右半球 缺一不可 |
[02:04] | The Jobs and the Wozniak. The Ying and the Yang. | 比如乔布斯和沃兹尼亚克 硬和阳 |
[02:08] | Oh. I think it’s “Yin”. | 应该是读作”阴” |
[02:11] | – “Yin”? – Yeah. | -“阴” -对 |
[02:13] | – Like “Yin and Yan?” – No. Like Yin and Yang. | -“阴”和”烟” -不 是阴和阳 |
[02:17] | No. It’s Ying and Yang, they’re opposites. | 不 就是”硬和阳” 是反义词 |
[02:20] | So, Pied Piper, drop it on me. What is it? | 来说说看 ‘魔笛手’到底是什么 |
[02:24] | Well, we started off as a music app. | 一开始是个音乐应用 |
[02:26] | – Yuck. – Yeah. Gross. Ugh. | -真土 -是挺糟糕 |
[02:31] | But we’ve, uh, we’ve pivoted since then. | 但我们之后就做了调整 |
[02:34] | Uh-oh. To what? | 调整成什么 |
[02:36] | Well, our Weissman scores are consistently high across all media, | 所有的媒体 音频 视频和元数据 |
[02:39] | audio, video, meta-data. | 我们的压缩评分都很高 |
[02:41] | Actually, that’s not true. | 其实也不是 |
[02:42] | We’ve had some trouble encoding 3D video. | 3D视频编码方面还需要改进 |
[02:44] | I think it’s because the pixels change value differently | 我认为应该是像素值变化 |
[02:47] | than conventional… | 与传统模式不同… |
[03:06] | Just look at the flow diagram, dude. | 好好看看这个流程图 哥们 |
[03:07] | No, the filter bank is part of the prediction loop. | 不 滤波器组是预测环的一部分 |
[03:10] | What are you talking about, this is lossless compression. | 你在说什么 这可是无损压缩 |
[03:14] | Oh, hey, Big Head, you were there. | 大头 那时候你也在场 |
[03:17] | Why did Richard use a DCT filter bank? | 理查德为什么用离散式弦转换滤波器 |
[03:23] | Not really sure. Richard tried to explain some of this stuff | 我也不大确定 理查德解释过 |
[03:25] | but a lot of it I didn’t really understand, | 但大部分我都没听明白 |
[03:27] | so I’d kinda just nod and smile, you know? | 所以只能点头微笑 |
[03:29] | Can you at least help us | 那你至少帮我们想想 |
[03:30] | figure out this insane DFT spider web he’s using? | 这奇葩的离散傅立叶转换蜘蛛网是什么意思 |
[03:38] | Dude, do you understand any of this? | 哥们 这些东西你懂哪个 |
[03:46] | I eat the fish. | 我吃了鱼 |
[03:48] | I understand you eat the fish. | 我知道你吃了鱼 |
[03:50] | But when you clean the fish | 但你清理完鱼之后 |
[03:52] | you can’t leave the fish head and guts and shit in the sink. | 不能把鱼头 内脏什么的留在水槽里 |
[03:55] | Because the whole house smells like a bait station. | 会让整间房子闻起来像毒饵站 |
[03:57] | So you gotta put it in the trash | 你得把这些丢进垃圾桶 |
[03:59] | and then take the trash out. | 然后把垃圾拿到屋外去 |
[04:01] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[04:03] | Yes. I eat the fish. | 是的 我吃了鱼 |
[04:05] | Motherfuck! | 操你妈 |
[04:08] | Do you know how awkward it is | 自己的公司都说不明白 |
[04:09] | to not be able to describe your own company? | 你们知道有多丢人吗 |
[04:12] | Like, I built Pied Piper and you could see it | 比如我创建了’魔笛手’ 你也知道 |
[04:13] | but I can’t really describe to you what it is | 但我没法让你明白它到底是个什么公司 |
[04:15] | even though I kind of know where I’m going. | 即使我大概知道自己在干嘛 |
[04:17] | You do realize we quit working on our own apps | 你知道我们放弃了开发自己的软件 |
[04:19] | to work for you, right? | 来给你工作 对吧 |
[04:21] | Shouldn’t you more than “Kind of know where you’re going?” | 你不该比”大概知道”强点吗 |
[04:24] | Because that’s basically what the CEO does. | 首席执行官不就是干这个的吗 |
[04:26] | I do. | 我知道 |
[04:28] | Sort of. | 基本上吧 |
[04:29] | OK, it’s like trying to tell someone how to get somewhere, | 这就像并不知道确切地址 |
[04:32] | even though you don’t really know the exact address. Right? | 却想告诉别人怎么过去 |
[04:34] | Like, how do you do that? | 你该怎么做呢 |
[04:35] | Because you can’t just say “Go to 415 Elm Street,” | 你又不能直接说”去榆树街415号” |
[04:37] | because you don’t even know what that is. Right? | 因为你也不知道具体地址是什么 |
[04:39] | So you have to say, you know, “Go straight down that big road | 你只能说 沿着大路一直走 |
[04:41] | and take a right at the weird thing.” | 看到一个诡异的东西就右拐 |
[04:43] | But, you can’t describe what that weird thing is | 但你又说不明白诡异的东西是什么 |
[04:44] | because you just know it as a weird thing, you know, | 因为你只知道它很诡异 |
[04:47] | in your head. You always have. | 它一直存在于你的脑海中 |
[04:48] | Is that weird thing in your head an aneurysm? | 你脑袋里诡异的东西不应该是动脉瘤吗 |
[04:51] | Richard, I’m just gonna recap for a second, | 理查德 我来回顾一下 |
[04:54] | um, you turned down ten million dollars | 你拒绝了千万巨款 |
[04:56] | to be able to develop something that you, | 转而创建一家 |
[04:58] | as the head of the company, | 你身为领导 |
[05:00] | can’t even describe to another human being? | 都讲不明白到底是什么的公司 |
[05:03] | I say this only to motivate you. | 我只是想激励你一下 |
[05:06] | OK, so I have been instructed to remove you | 我奉命把你 |
[05:11] | from the list of employees assigned to the Nucleus project. | 从参与’纽核力’项目的雇员列表里删除 |
[05:14] | You will no longer receive any Nucleus related communications, | 你不会再收到任何与’纽核力’相关的邮件 |
[05:18] | uh, file reports, or attend any Nucleus meetings. | 文件报告 或参加任何’纽核力’会议 |
[05:22] | Any questions? | 有什么问题吗 |
[05:24] | Uh, no. That’s… that’s pretty clear. | 没有 说得很清楚 |
[05:27] | Great. | 很好 |
[05:29] | Am I being reassigned to something else? | 我会被分配到其他项目吗 |
[05:31] | Not that I am aware of. At this time. No. | 据我所知不会 暂时不会 |
[05:35] | Wait, so then am I being fired? | 那是说我被解雇了吗 |
[05:37] | Because I have a three year contract | 我签的是三年的合同 |
[05:39] | and my stock options… | 而且我的股票期权… |
[05:40] | Nobody is being fired. OK? | 没人被解雇 好吗 |
[05:43] | Look, a contract is a contract. | 合同就是合同 |
[05:45] | You know. You’ve got a contract. | 你签了合同 |
[05:47] | And I’ve got a contract. We all have contracts. | 我也签了合同 大家都签了合同 |
[05:51] | And-and here at Hooli, contracts are honored. | 在’互利’ 大家都尊重合同 |
[05:55] | Um… Yours and mine. | 无论是你的 我的 |
[05:58] | Everybody’s. So, um… | 还是大家的合同 |
[06:01] | have I made that perfectly clear? | 我说清楚了吗 |
[06:03] | Yeah, no. That’s clear. | 是的 清楚了 |
[06:05] | But, when I come into work tomorrow, | 但我明天来上班的时候 |
[06:07] | what do I… do? | 应该做什么呢 |
[06:12] | That is unclear. At this time. | 这一点暂时还不清楚 |
[06:24] | Shoulda worn more than my underwear and a bed sheet. | 不该只穿内裤 裹着床单就来的 |
[06:27] | – Underwear? Pussy. – Yeah. I’m with him. | -还穿内裤 真娘炮 -我同意 |
[06:31] | This is the type of evening that requires free-balling. | 这种派对就该让蛋蛋放风 |
[06:37] | I’m gonna take my underwear off too. | 我也要把内裤脱掉 |
[06:39] | Richard! Hey, you made it! | 理查德 你来了 |
[06:42] | So Peter met with LaFlamme today and signed the paperwork, | 彼得今天见了拉弗兰梅 签了文件 |
[06:46] | which means Pied Piper is officially launched. | 也就是说’魔笛手’正式启动了 |
[06:49] | Uh, why didn’t you tell me about | 为什么你没告诉我 |
[06:50] | all the other compression plays Peter was seeding? | 彼得还投资了其他压缩软件 |
[06:53] | What? No… Because it’s nothing you need to worry about. | 什么 没有啊 因为你不用操心这些 |
[06:57] | Because none of those other companies have your vision. | 那些公司的眼界都比不上你 |
[07:00] | – My vision? – Exactly. | -眼界 -没错 |
[07:02] | Speaking of which, Peter really wants you to come in on Friday | 说到这个 彼得非常希望你周五 |
[07:04] | to chat about big picture stuff. | 能来讨论一下发展走向 |
[07:05] | You know, lay out your vision in broad strokes. | 大致陈述一下你的愿景 |
[07:07] | Broad strokes… for the vision of the… | 大致走向 愿景… |
[07:09] | Well, uh, Pied Piper is compression and we all know that. | 我们都知道’魔笛手’是一款压缩软件 |
[07:13] | So we don’t need to talk about that… | 这点不用多说 |
[07:14] | but I could because I’m the CEO. | 但我应该多说 因为我是首席执行官 |
[07:17] | Pied Piper takes the data… | ‘魔笛手’将数据 |
[07:19] | and… smaller. To smaller. | 缩小 变小 |
[07:22] | And, also, there’s more. | 当然还有其他的功能 |
[07:25] | It compresses the data overall… | 它能将所有数据 |
[07:28] | Yeah, I… Excuse me. See you Friday. Hi Tom. | 抱歉失陪一下 周五见 汤姆 |
[07:39] | Richard, pace yourself, buddy. | 理查德 悠着点 伙计 |
[07:42] | You know, I wish this was Roman times. You know? | 我真希望现在还是罗马时代 |
[07:46] | Life was simpler back then. | 那个时候生活简单多了 |
[07:48] | Simpler for you. I would have been a slave. | 对你来说更简单 我就只能当奴隶了 |
[07:50] | There’s still time. | 现在也为时不晚 |
[07:53] | Cool costume. Where’d you get it? | 这身打扮不错 哪里弄的 |
[07:59] | Uh, my bed. | 我床上 |
[08:01] | You’re funny! | 你真逗 |
[08:04] | I’m Brooke and this is my friend Anastasia. | 我叫布鲁克 这是我朋友阿纳斯塔西娅 |
[08:08] | – Hi. – What’s up, guys? | -你好 -你们好吗 |
[08:12] | So-so-so, how do you know Peter Gregory? | 所以 你们是怎么认识彼得·格里高利的 |
[08:14] | Oh, through work. | 因为工作的关系 |
[08:16] | We’re actresses. | 我们是演员 |
[08:18] | – Cool. – Uh, what type of actressing you work? | -真酷 -哪一种演员呢 |
[08:21] | Oh, we’re working right now. | 我们现在就在工作 |
[08:23] | Our startup sources actors to parties to liven things up | 我们公司为派对提供暖场演员 |
[08:26] | and get into conversations with guests and be interested in them. | 主动跟来宾搭讪 并对他们表示好感 |
[08:31] | Oh. Neat. | 真不赖 |
[08:33] | So, uh, who else is paid to be here? | 那这里还有谁是被雇来的 |
[08:36] | Pretty much anyone that’s over a seven is with us, | 长相七分以上的基本都是我们的人 |
[08:39] | and anyone that’s under a three is a guest. | 三分以下的都是来宾 |
[08:41] | It’s a really fun job. Plus, | 这工作很有意思 而且 |
[08:44] | um, I get to work with my boyfriend. | 我能跟我男朋友一块儿工作 |
[08:49] | Yo, yo, party people, y’all ready to get crazy? | 各位来宾 准备好狂欢了吗 |
[08:52] | Is that Flo Rida? | 那是佛罗·里达吗 |
[08:54] | No idea. | 不清楚 |
[08:55] | Y’all ready to take this party to a whole ‘nother level? | 你们准备好进入高潮了吗 |
[08:58] | It’s time to meet the original OG Gangster, | 现在是时候跟我们的流氓头子 |
[09:01] | cash money mobster. | 吸金大亨见面了 |
[09:02] | Y’all put your hands together for my brother! | 热烈欢迎我的拜把子 |
[09:05] | The illest, the chillest, | 最屌爆 最炫酷的 |
[09:07] | Emperor of Rome, big Pete Gregory! | 彼得·格里高利大帝 |
[09:18] | He is the illest and the chillest? | 他最屌爆最炫酷吗 |
[09:25] | Big Pete Gregory! | 彼得·格里高利大帝 |
[09:35] | Thank you, Florida. | 谢谢 佛罗·里达 |
[09:37] | Welcome to the Peter Gregory Foundation’s | 欢迎来到彼得·格里高利基金会 |
[09:41] | Fourth Annual Orgy of Caring. | 第四次年度慈善狂欢派对 |
[09:44] | The first three were fine. | 前三次都还不错 |
[09:48] | I hope that you enjoy the party. | 希望你们玩得开心 |
[09:52] | There is a second bar in back | 后面还有个吧台 |
[09:56] | where the line is much shorter. | 排队的人少点 |
[09:59] | Thank you. I’m finished. | 谢谢 我说完了 |
[10:03] | That was very abrupt. | 结束得也太生硬了吧 |
[10:12] | – So this is a rap concert? – Yep. | -所以这是个说唱音乐会 -没错 |
[10:20] | Holy shit, look at Erlich! | 我靠 快看埃利希 |
[10:23] | How the fuck did he get up there? | 他特么是怎么跑上去的 |
[10:27] | Man. See, that’s what I wish I had. | 看看人家 那才是我想要的 |
[10:29] | It’s like, I don’t have any… | 我觉得自己没 |
[10:31] | – Game. – Game, yes! That’s it. | -没戏 -没戏 就是这个 |
[10:34] | You know, I always knew I was missing something | 我总觉得自己缺点什么东西 |
[10:36] | and then someone explained to me the concept of game, | 后来有人告诉我有戏是什么意思 |
[10:39] | I remember very distinctly thinking, | 我当时就真切地意识到 |
[10:41] | “That’s what I don’t have. Game.” | “我就是没有戏” |
[10:47] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[11:07] | – Hello? – What’s up, Richie Rich? | -喂 -你好吗 土豪理奇 |
[11:08] | Great seeing you last night, buddy. | 真高兴昨晚见到你了 |
[11:10] | Just wanted you to know I had my associate | 我就是想通知你 我已经让同事 |
[11:12] | draft up everything like we talked about and it is all good. | 按我们说的起草好文件了 |
[11:16] | Just emailed you the board consent | 我刚把董事会决议发给你 |
[11:17] | which appoints your new board member. | 包括对新董事会成员的任命 |
[11:19] | So just print it, sign it, | 打印出来签好字 |
[11:20] | get it to Gregory to sign and it is donezo. | 再让格里高利签字就搞掂了 |
[11:23] | Uh, new board member, what? | 什么新董事会成员 |
[11:26] | It’s in the PDF, you’ll see. | 都在PDF文件里 自己看 |
[11:28] | All right, homey, I gotta go. My enema guy is here. | 小家伙 我得挂了 给我灌肠的来了 |
[11:31] | Gary! Namaste! | 加里 欢迎 |
[11:36] | Pied Piper Incorporated amended board of directors: | 魔笛手公司变更了董事会成员 |
[11:39] | Richard Hendricks, Peter Gregory… | 理查德·亨德里克斯 彼得·格里高利 |
[11:41] | Erlich Bachman? | 埃利希·巴赫曼 |
[11:45] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[11:48] | Is Sleeping Beauty awake? | 睡美人起床了吗 |
[11:50] | Yes, she is. | 看来起床了 |
[11:52] | Oh, boy. Here, I brought you something for your stomach. | 来 我给你弄了点吃的 |
[11:56] | Be forewarned, the orange juice has vodka in it. | 对了 橙汁里加了伏特加 |
[12:00] | Little hair of the dog. | 以毒攻毒 |
[12:03] | What exactly happened last night, from your side? | 昨晚到底发生了什么 你干了什么 |
[12:06] | We happened, Richard. And the best part is, | 是我们一起做的 理查德 最棒的是 |
[12:09] | we can relive it whenever we want to. | 我们想什么时候重温都可以 |
[12:14] | We’re two halves of the same brain! | 我们就像大脑的左右半球 |
[12:16] | Whoa! You complete me! | 你是我的另一半 |
[12:19] | Don’t ever say that again! Do you understand me? | 这话你永远不许提 听懂了吗 |
[12:22] | I will beat the shit out of you. | 否则我打死你 |
[12:24] | Yo, yo, get that camera out my face. | 别拿那玩意拍我 |
[12:25] | – Come on, Mr… OK, OK. – Get the camera out my face! | -别这样 -别拿那玩意拍我 |
[12:27] | – Look at this part. – I’m asking this fat, | -看这段 -我邀请这位胖… |
[12:30] | beautiful man | 美男 |
[12:31] | in front of God and the Flo Rider | 由上帝和佛罗·里嘚儿 |
[12:34] | and this white, weird cocaine statue | 还有这满身可卡因的诡异雕塑见证 |
[12:38] | – to be on the Pied Piper board of directors. – Yes! | -我邀请你加入’魔笛手’董事会 -好 |
[12:42] | – A thousand times, yes! – He’s doin’ it! | -绝对没问题 -他答应了 |
[12:45] | – Shake on it. – It’s a deal. | -来握个手 -说定了 |
[12:48] | Plus, we have this for the Pied Piper documentary | 还有 咱以后拍’魔笛手’纪录片时 |
[12:51] | that we’re eventually gonna make. | 得把这段加进去 |
[12:52] | We’re making history together, partner. | 咱是在创造历史 合伙人 |
[12:58] | Are you dressed like Steve Jobs? | 你在学乔布斯的穿衣风格吗 |
[13:01] | Oh, am I? | 有吗 |
[13:02] | Well, I suppose Steve and I | 看来我和史蒂夫 |
[13:04] | always have shared a similar aesthetic. | 审美眼光很接近啊 |
[13:25] | Little help? | 帮个忙呗 |
[13:27] | Oh. OK. | 好吧 |
[13:47] | – Here you go. – Thanks, man. | -给你 -谢了 伙计 |
[13:49] | Sorry about the throw. Bursitis. | 抱歉没扔上来 关节有炎症 |
[13:52] | Uh, so, you guys having a meeting up here? | 你们在这儿开会吗 |
[13:59] | No. Not exactly. | 不 不是 |
[14:00] | We’re all currently… unassigned. | 我们现在都没工作可做 |
[14:05] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[14:06] | Yeah. Unassigned. | 我也是 没工作 |
[14:08] | That’s cool. | 也没啥 |
[14:12] | How could you put Erlich on the board? | 你怎么能让埃利希进董事会 |
[14:13] | What were you thinking? | 你想什么呢 |
[14:15] | You don’t put someone inside the company on the board. | 你不能让同公司的人进董事会 |
[14:18] | Then he and Peter Gregory can vote you out. | 这样他和彼得就能投票把你赶出去 |
[14:20] | Yeah. You gotta find an outsider you trust. Like your Mom. | 要找个你能信任的外人 比如你妈 |
[14:23] | I’d put Erlich on the board before my mom. Backstabbing bitch. | 我宁可要埃利希也不要我妈 背后捅刀子的贱人 |
[14:29] | Guys, I was drunk, OK? | 我喝多了好吗 |
[14:30] | You know, I half-jokingly said to Gilfoyle last night: | 我昨晚还和吉尔弗约尔半开玩笑地说 |
[14:32] | “It looks like Richard is going to suck Erlich’s dick.” | “理查德好像要给埃利希吹箫哎” |
[14:35] | But that would be reasonable compared to this. | 跟现在一比也不算什么了 |
[14:38] | Richard, um, could I speak to you? | 理查德 能说句话吗 |
[14:41] | OK. Yeah. | 好吧 |
[14:49] | He’s the least cool guy I’ve ever met. | 他是我见过最没劲的人 |
[14:52] | I heard about what’s been happening. | 我听说了昨晚的事 |
[14:54] | I have to say, I’m a little disappointed. | 坦白说我有点失望 |
[14:57] | Yeah, I don’t… I don’t know what I was thinking. | 我也不知道我当时在想什么 |
[15:00] | Yes. I mean, um, | 是啊 我是说 |
[15:02] | is there a reason I wasn’t invited to the party? | 为什么没请我去派对呢 |
[15:05] | Is there some sense that I’m not part of the gang? | 难道我不是团队一员吗 |
[15:08] | What? Uh, Jared. | 什么 贾里德 |
[15:11] | Of course not. It was just an oversight. | 当然是 我只是不小心忘了 |
[15:14] | I mean, we weren’t even sure if we were gonna go. | 我们自己还在犹豫去不去 |
[15:17] | Uh-huh. And what was it like there? | 那边什么样 |
[15:20] | Were there gelatin shots? | 有低酒精饮料吗 |
[15:23] | No. No, uh, it was stupid and loud. | 没有 很蠢也很吵 |
[15:27] | Uh, honestly, you’re better off. | 说实话 幸亏你没去 |
[15:29] | I suppose. I had a fine night. | 也许吧 我昨晚过得挺好 |
[15:31] | I… I had some palak paneer | 吃了菠菜芝士 |
[15:33] | and I watched a documentary about Liberia. | 看了部讲利比亚的纪录片 |
[15:36] | But then I woke up to this, um, unexpected development. | 结果醒来就听说了这个意外进展 |
[15:41] | Do you…do you really want Erlich on the board? | 你真想让埃利希进董事会吗 |
[15:43] | – Because I’ll support you… – No. I don’t. At all. | -我是支持你的 -不想 一点也不 |
[15:47] | I was just drunk. | 我就是喝多了 |
[15:50] | I don’t know how to get out of it. | 我不知道该怎么解决 |
[15:51] | I mean, what am I going to say to Peter Gregory? | 我怎么跟彼得·格里高利说啊 |
[15:54] | Well, if you don’t sign the documents, | 你不在文件上面签字 |
[15:56] | and you don’t give them to Peter Gregory, | 也不拿给彼得·格里高利看 |
[15:57] | then it won’t happen. Simple as that. | 不就没问题了 多简单 |
[16:00] | Really? I… Wow. OK. | 真的 我 太好了 |
[16:05] | That is a relief, Jared. Thanks. | 松了口气 谢谢你 贾里德 |
[16:09] | I’m…I’m glad you’re around. | 幸亏有你在 |
[16:12] | Well, keep that in mind for future parties. | 再有派对时别忘了我就好 |
[16:17] | Honestly, sometimes we forget you’re here. | 说实话 有时我们会忘了你的存在 |
[16:20] | You guys, company photo time out back. Let’s go! | 到房子后边照公司全家福了 快出来 |
[16:22] | Uh, Gilfoyle, OK, off to the center a little bit. | 吉尔弗约尔 别站中间 |
[16:25] | Like your personality. No, no, no, no. | 你就爱当焦点 不不不 |
[16:27] | Dinesh, leave it unbuttoned. We want you to look like shit. | 迪尼希 别系扣子 你得邋遢点 |
[16:30] | Makes for a better “before” photo. | 要有”成名之前”的效果 |
[16:32] | But you’re wearing a jacket. | 但你穿了西装外套 |
[16:34] | Yeah, because I’m the genius marketer. | 当然 因为我是天才营销大师 |
[16:36] | I’m not a code freak like you guys. | 跟你们这帮码农不一样 |
[16:37] | Besides, I’m wearing sandals so I am iconoclasting a little bit. | 而且我配了凉鞋 所以还是很反传统的 |
[16:42] | Oh, good. Jared. Ugh. What the fuck is with that vest? | 很好 贾里德 你穿的什么破马甲 |
[16:45] | Right over here. As if you’re sort of a late addition | 你站这儿 这样就显得你是最后加入的 |
[16:48] | that may not stick around for the entire duration of the company. | 可能并未亲身见证公司成立的伟大时刻 |
[16:51] | And then, Richard. There you go. The man of the hour. | 然后理查德 你站这 我们的大明星 |
[16:54] | OK. We’ll take a few like this, | 很好 我们拍几张合照 |
[16:57] | and then… just Richard and I. | 然后 我和理查德再单独合影 |
[17:00] | Because at the end of the day, | 因为到头来 |
[17:01] | people only want to see a picture of the board members. | 人们只想看到董事会高层的尊容 |
[17:06] | It… Actually, it’s, um… | 这个 其实吧 |
[17:10] | you’re not gonna be a board member. | 你不会进董事会的 |
[17:12] | What? | 什么 |
[17:15] | I’m in year three of a five year deal | 我的五年合同已经到了第三年 |
[17:17] | and, Matt, you got what, like three years left? | 马特 你还剩三年是吧 |
[17:19] | Yeah. We all got acquired by Hooli, | 我们都被’互利’招募进来 |
[17:22] | when we didn’t work out, none of us got reassigned. | 当我们没法融入时 就没活干了 |
[17:25] | Because Gavin believes in this Japanese form of management | 因为盖文认为在他的日式管理模式下 |
[17:29] | where not being assigned is the most shameful outcome. | 没活干就是最大的耻辱 |
[17:35] | Yeah, it does feel uncomfortable. | 感觉是有点别扭 |
[17:37] | Nah. Give it a week or two, you’ll get, like, numb to it. | 看着吧 过个一两周 你就麻木了 |
[17:40] | Well, why are you guys still coming in? | 那你们还来上班干嘛 |
[17:42] | Rest and vest. | 休憩并赚钱 |
[17:44] | Oh… Because in order to fully vest your options, | 对哈 为了得到全额补偿 |
[17:47] | you’ve gotta wait until your contracts are up. | 你们要待到合同结束 |
[17:50] | – I get it. – You catch on slow. | -我懂了 -懂得够慢的 |
[17:53] | You’ll fit right in here. | 这里就是你的归属 |
[17:54] | Lunch? | 吃饭吧 |
[17:55] | Arby’s on El Camino? I’ll drive. | 艾尔卡米诺那边的阿贝家如何 我开车 |
[17:57] | No, let’s walk. It’ll take longer. | 别 走着去吧 走着更慢 |
[17:59] | Gotta do something to fill the day, right? | 总得找点事做 对吧 |
[18:01] | I was drunk! You took advantage of me! | 我当时喝醉了 你借机利用我 |
[18:03] | Man, they are really going at it. | 他俩真是火力全开啊 |
[18:06] | So, um… last night, what was the girl situation? | 这个 昨晚上的姑娘们如何 |
[18:11] | And after all I’ve given up for this company. | 我为你这公司做了那么大的牺牲 |
[18:13] | Oh, what have you given up? | 你倒说说你牺牲什么了 |
[18:15] | I owned ten percent of Dinesh’s app, | 迪尼希的软件我占一成股份 |
[18:17] | ten percent of Gilfoyle’s app. | 吉尔弗约尔的软件也一样 |
[18:18] | Multiple potential streams of income. | 这都是潜在的收入来源 |
[18:21] | Not to mention that a hundred percent of the team | 更别提你公司里所有的员工 |
[18:23] | that you have, were all guys that I recruited for this house. | 全都是我招进这间房子里的 |
[18:26] | – That must be worth something to me. – It is! | -我没功劳也有苦劳吧 -你有回报啊 |
[18:29] | Ten percent of Pied Piper! | 就是魔笛手的一成股份 |
[18:30] | For which I forewent, yes, that’s a real word, | 我为此放弃了 对 就是如此 |
[18:33] | one million dollars. | 整整一百万美元 |
[18:36] | I supported you, Richard. I bet on you. | 我一直在支持你 理查德 我相信你 |
[18:38] | And now you’re just gonna give me a seat on the board, | 而你的回报却是许诺我进入董事会之后 |
[18:40] | only to retract that offer?! | 现在又反悔了 |
[18:42] | I can’t even remember doing that! | 我根本就不记得那么说过 |
[18:45] | Oh, really? Well, do you remember | 是吗 那你记得 |
[18:46] | this particular dick-bag I got on video? | 我录下来的这个混蛋说过的话吗 |
[18:49] | Because you did. | 你就是说过 |
[18:51] | Put it away. | 没完了你 |
[18:53] | It’s right here. | 马上就找到了 |
[18:56] | Goddammit. | 该死 |
[18:57] | I’ve seen the video. | 视频我看过了 |
[18:58] | It’s the wrong album, just give me a sec… | 我进错文件夹了 你等一下 |
[19:00] | You know what? Fuck it! You offering me a position | 可恶 去你妈的 你说过让我进董事会 |
[19:02] | on this board and reneging it | 现在又出尔反尔 |
[19:03] | is a perfect example of you having no vision, | 这充分证明了你既没眼界 |
[19:06] | no balls and no game. | 也没种 更没戏 |
[19:09] | Maybe he did blow him. | 也许他确实给他吹箫了 |
[19:11] | Well, love and hate… it’s all passion. | 好一出爱恨情仇 太有张力了 |
[19:14] | And if that’s the kind of company you wanna run, | 如果你要开的就是这种破公司 |
[19:16] | well, then, fine. | 那随你便 |
[19:17] | God help you. ‘Cause I sure as hell ain’t. | 自求多福吧 我才不会帮你 |
[19:20] | Uh, what are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[19:22] | You give your loyalty to somebody… | 你对我表了忠心 却又 |
[19:23] | – Let me help you. – Don’t touch! | -我帮你脱 -手拿开 |
[19:25] | – I can do it myself. – All right. | -我自己脱的下来 -好吧 |
[19:31] | I just put it back on. Goddammit! | 老子不脱了 该死 |
[19:36] | OK. Read that back to me. | 麻烦你再念一遍 |
[19:37] | “Pied Piper’s mission is | ‘魔笛手’的使命就是 |
[19:39] | to bring its unique compression algorithm | 以其独一无二的压缩算法 |
[19:40] | – to a variety…” – One thing you should know | -应对各种 -想住在我这 |
[19:41] | about living in this house | 有件事你得清楚 |
[19:42] | is I do not tolerate substance abuse. | 那就是我绝对禁止嗑药过量 |
[19:44] | There’s no drinking and lying in this house. | 也不准酗酒和背叛兄弟 |
[19:47] | I should have made that | 我本该把这一点 |
[19:48] | more clear to some of the current residents. | 跟现在住在这里的某些人说得更清楚些 |
[19:50] | Like this one. Don’t mind him. | 比如这位 不用管他 |
[19:52] | He’ll be gone soon when his company cakes its pants. | 等他的公司一败涂地后 他很快就会搬走了 |
[19:56] | Hopefully, Jurgen, you’ll be | 尤根 希望你能 |
[19:57] | able to bring a more positive element to the house. | 给这家里带来些正能量 |
[19:59] | Let me show you the room I’m offering. | 让我带你看看房间 |
[20:01] | Some of his stuff is still in there, | 他的一些员工还住在这儿 |
[20:03] | but, as I mentioned, it will soon be gone. | 但如我所说 他们很快就会搬走 |
[20:05] | Once his company cakes its pants. | 等他的公司一败涂地之后 |
[20:09] | It’s OK. Just take a breath. | 没关系 深呼吸一下 |
[20:11] | It’s fine. I’m fine. Uh, we just… | 没关系 我很好 我们… |
[20:13] | Let’s get through this. OK, so, read this back to me. | 先把这个做完吧 再给我念一遍 |
[20:16] | – “Pied Piper’s mission…” – Hey, guys. | -‘魔笛手’的使命… -伙计们 |
[20:17] | Hope you don’t mind, the front door was just open. | 希望你们不要介意 前门没关 |
[20:21] | Hi, Big Head. What’s up? | 大头 怎么了 |
[20:22] | Honestly? Nothing. I’ve just been sitting around all day. | 没怎么 我只是闲了一天 |
[20:26] | Not working. It’s weird, you know? | 没有事情做 感觉很奇怪 |
[20:33] | So, what’s up with you guys? | 你们怎么样了 |
[20:36] | We’re just sort of… | 我们只是在… |
[20:37] | We’re getting ready for this big Peter Gregory meeting. | 我们在准备和彼得·格里高利的重要会议 |
[20:40] | And we have… we have a lot of work to do, so… | 我们…我们还有好多事情要做 |
[20:44] | Cool. Very cool. | 很好 太好了 |
[20:49] | You know, Richard, the irony | 你知道吗 理查德 讽刺的是 |
[20:50] | is that if you had taken the ten million, | 如果你接受了那一千万 |
[20:53] | you’d be kicking back with a ton of money right now | 你现在就能带着大把的钱逍遥自在 |
[20:55] | and I’d still be working. | 而我在工作 |
[20:56] | But you didn’t, obviously. And now I’ve got nothing to do, | 但你没有 所以现在是我无所事事 |
[20:59] | I’m rolling in it, and you’re working your ass off. | 坐享收入 而你却忙的四脚朝天 |
[21:04] | Life’s funny isn’t it? | 生活就是这么有意思 |
[21:08] | You guys want to walk to Arby’s, | 你们想去阿贝家 |
[21:10] | maybe grab a bite, play a little hacky sack? | 吃点东西 踢会儿毽子吗 |
[21:16] | Yeah. I should probably get back to work, anyway. | 好吧 我该回去工作了 |
[21:19] | I mean, not work, exactly, I don’t… | 确切说也不算工作 |
[21:21] | I don’t work. But, you know, just get back to Hooli. | 我并没有事情做 我只是该回’互利’了 |
[21:26] | Sit around all day and get paid a bunch of money to do nothing. | 整天坐在那儿无所事事却有大笔收入 |
[21:29] | Weird. | 感觉真奇怪 |
[21:34] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[21:36] | You know what you’re going to say? You want to run it by me? | 知道自己要说什么吗 要先跟我练一下吗 |
[21:38] | No, no. I got this. Fuck Erlich. | 不用 我能搞定 去他的埃利希 |
[21:40] | You know, I turned down ten million dollars to build this thing. | 我拒绝了一千万美元就为了创建这个公司 |
[21:43] | You want vision, I will show you fucking vision. | 你想要眼界 我就给你看看什么是眼界 |
[21:46] | I like this new angry side to you. | 我喜欢你愤怒的这一面 |
[21:50] | Being around angry people relaxes me, | 呆在愤怒的人旁边会让我觉得放松 |
[21:52] | because I know where I stand. | 因为我知道自己站在哪一边 |
[21:56] | Oh, shoot. I think I got something stuck in my teeth. | 该死 我觉得好像有东西卡在我牙里了 |
[21:58] | I’m just gonna go to the bathroom, check it out. | 我得去洗手间看一下 |
[21:59] | I’ll be back in a sec. | 马上就回来 |
[22:18] | Richard, it’s Jared. Are you OK? | 理查德 我是贾里德 你还好吗 |
[22:30] | Hey buddy, what’s… what’s going on here? | 老兄 这是…怎么了 |
[22:35] | I thought I had something in my teeth, | 我觉得牙齿里卡了东西 |
[22:37] | but when I looked over, right? I looked in the mirror like this, | 但当我检查时 我像这样盯着镜子 |
[22:40] | uh, my pants they hit the countertop, | 我的裤子碰到了洗手台 |
[22:42] | and it must have some water on there, right? | 洗手台上肯定会有水渍 对不对 |
[22:44] | so I got a spot on my pants, | 我的裤子上就会湿一块 |
[22:45] | kinda looked like I pissed myself like a big baby. | 看起来就像我尿裤子了一样 |
[22:47] | So what I did was, I just took off all my pants | 所以我就脱下了我的裤子 |
[22:49] | and I put it in the water just to make it all completely wet. | 把它放进水里让它全部浸湿 |
[22:51] | You know, that way I figured no one would really notice. | 我想这样就没人会注意到了 |
[22:53] | So, you know, it wouldn’t be as bad. I’ve got it under control. | 至少不会那么糟 一切都在掌握之中 |
[22:55] | I’ve sorted it out. We’re good. | 我能搞定的 没事 |
[22:57] | Yes. So you felt this wouldn’t look as bad. | 所以你觉得这样看起来并不那么糟 |
[23:01] | – Understood. – Yeah. | -我明白 -没错 |
[23:03] | But, Richard? | 但是 理查德 |
[23:06] | Consider that maybe this | 穿成这样 |
[23:07] | might not be the best choice for the meeting? | 是不是不太适合参加会议呢 |
[23:10] | Yeah. Holy… | 是啊 我操 |
[23:14] | What the fuck am I doing? | 我他妈这是在干什么 |
[23:16] | I can’t go like this to the meeting. | 我不能穿成这样去开会 |
[23:19] | Jared. I have no vision. | 贾里德 我根本没眼界 |
[23:20] | Yes, you do. | 不 你有 |
[23:23] | – I believe in you… – No, no, I literally have no vision. | -我相信你 -我真的一点眼界都没有 |
[23:25] | All I see is stars and swirls. I cannot see right now. | 我现在真是眼冒金星 什么都看不到 |
[23:29] | OK, let’s get your pants on. | 好吧 先把裤子穿上 |
[23:31] | Jared? Richard? Are you in there? | 贾里德 理查德 你们在里面吗 |
[23:37] | Hey, there’s some weather over the ocean | 海上天气不太好 |
[23:39] | so Peter would love to get started. Are you guys ready? | 所以彼得想赶快开始 你们准备好了吗 |
[23:41] | Yep. All good. Be there in a jiffy. | 是的 没事 马上就来 |
[23:43] | OK. | 好的 |
[23:46] | Jared, I’m on a carpet in a bathroom. | 贾里德 我趴在洗手间的地毯上 |
[23:48] | Yeah, OK. Um, I know this isn’t the best thing to say | 好吧 我知道当一个人恐慌发作的时候 |
[23:52] | to someone having a panic attack, | 说这个不太合适 |
[23:55] | but we need to hurry here. | 但是我们需要抓紧时间了 |
[23:57] | – Doing OK? – Yes, much better. | -还好吗 -好多了 |
[24:00] | Nope. Worse. | 没有 更糟了 |
[24:03] | Richard, you’re gonna listen to me | 理查德 如果你要为自己负责 |
[24:04] | if you know what’s good for you. | 那就听我说完 |
[24:05] | – Erlich. – I may have been wrong about being a board member | -埃利希 -也许成为董事会成员 |
[24:08] | and I may be wrong about | 还有成为我们之间的史蒂夫·乔布斯 |
[24:10] | being the Steve Jobs in our relationship. | 都是我想错了 |
[24:12] | But I do know this, you are the Steve Wozniak. | 但我很确定 你就是史蒂夫·沃兹尼亚克 |
[24:15] | And no Woz should go into a meeting like that alone. | 而沃兹不应该单独参加这样的会议 |
[24:18] | – No. Actually… – So if | -不 事实上 -所以 |
[24:20] | you’ll just let me come in, then I won’t speak. | 让我陪你进去 我不说话 |
[24:23] | And I just think you should have somebody in there | 我只是认为需要有个真心支持你的人 |
[24:25] | who will actually have your back. | 陪你一起去开会 |
[24:29] | OK. No, I… Erlich, I want you to be in there. | 好的 我 埃利希 我希望你陪我开会 |
[24:32] | OK… Wait, what? | 好的 等等 什么 |
[24:33] | Yes, and I need you to do all the talking. | 是的 我还需要你来讲解 |
[24:34] | Because I feel like if I | 因为我觉得如果我来讲 |
[24:35] | do I’m gonna puke all over Peter Gregory. | 我会吐在彼得·格里高利身上 |
[24:37] | Oh, OK. Wow. | 好 好的 |
[24:40] | That was easier than I… All the talking? | 比我想的容易 全部都由我讲 |
[24:42] | Oh, Erlich, you’re here too? | 埃利希 你也来啦 |
[24:45] | OK. Come on in, guys. | 好了 进来吧伙计们 |
[24:47] | Um, I’m going to stay here, I think. | 我想我还是留在这吧 |
[24:48] | Because I look absurd. | 因为我看起来怪怪的 |
[24:51] | Yeah. Yeah, OK. | 是的 好吧 |
[24:53] | – So what are you going to say? – Fuck, I don’t know. | -所以你打算怎么说 -我不知道 |
[25:04] | Today’s user wants access to all of their files | 现在的用户需要能即时访问 |
[25:06] | from all their devices instantly. | 他们所有设备里的所有文件 |
[25:09] | That’s why cloud-based is the Holy Grail. | 所以云功能才会这么火爆 |
[25:11] | Now Dropbox is winning, | ‘碉堡盒’已经先声夺人了 |
[25:13] | but when it comes to audio and video files, | 但在声音和视频文件方面 |
[25:15] | they might as well be called Dripbox. | 它瞬间就变成了’弱爆盒’ |
[25:20] | Using our platform, Pied Piper users | 使用我们的平台 ‘魔笛手’的用户 |
[25:23] | would be able to compress all their files | 可以将他们的所有文件 |
[25:25] | to the point where they truly can access them instantly. | 压缩至可以瞬间获取的大小 |
[25:30] | We control the pipe, | 我们控制渠道 |
[25:32] | they just use it. | 他们放心使用 |
[25:34] | That’s the vision in Richard Hendricks’ head. | 这就是理查德·亨德里克斯脑中的公司愿景 |
[25:46] | Sure. | 有趣 |
[25:49] | Sounds fine. | 听起来不错 |
[25:51] | Oh, I received an email from Ron LaFlamme | 我收到了一封罗恩·拉弗兰梅发来的邮件 |
[25:56] | saying that this gentleman | 上面说这位先生 |
[25:59] | is going to be our third board member? | 将会成为第三位董事会成员 |
[26:06] | Yes. Yes. | 是的 对 |
[26:08] | Uh, Erlich helped me with all this stuff. He’s very talented. | 这些事都是埃利希帮我的 他很有才 |
[26:11] | I need him as a partner. | 我需要他成为我的合伙人 |
[26:16] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[26:25] | It’s OK for you to leave now. | 你们现在可以走了 |
[26:27] | All right, OK. | 好的 |
[26:33] | Wait, is that you and Gavin Belson? | 等等 这是你和盖文·贝尔森吗 |
[26:37] | Yes. It’s an old photograph. | 是的 那是张老照片 |
[26:41] | Were you guys friends? | 你们以前是朋友吗 |
[26:43] | I thought so. | 我曾经那么认为 |
[26:46] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[26:51] | How’d it go? | 会议怎么样 |
[26:52] | That was amazing. I mean, | 棒极了 我是说 |
[26:54] | that was like everything in my head but, like, clear. | 跟我脑子里想的一模一样 但表达地更清晰 |
[26:56] | Did you just make that up on the spot? | 你是临场发挥的吗 |
[26:58] | Yeah. We should probably write some of it down. | 是啊 我们也许应该记下来 |
[27:01] | Yeah. Well, look. I gotta be honest, | 是啊 听着 我实话实说 |
[27:04] | I mean, I can’t tell you how much this means. | 我无法形容这有多重要 |
[27:06] | You really saved my ass even after I was such a dick to you. | 尽管我对你犯了混 你还是帮了我 |
[27:09] | – You’re making up! – What else could I do, Richard? | -你们和好了 -我还能怎样呢 理查德 |
[27:11] | You’re my Wozniak. | 你是我的沃兹尼亚克 |
[27:14] | And I will always be… | 我会永远当你的 |
[27:20] | Motherfu… | 妈了个 |