时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | AT&T球场 旧金山巨人队主场 | |
[00:18] | Fuck. Yeah, it doesn’t matter. | 我操 无所谓了 |
[00:20] | You okay there, Richard? | 你没事吧 理查德 |
[00:22] | Uh, yeah, I’m fine. | 对 没事 |
[00:23] | Sorry, I can’t really throw it any slower. | 抱歉 我投球没办法更慢了 |
[00:26] | Give it another cut, Richard. | 再试一次 理查德 |
[00:27] | No, I’m fine. I don’t want to. | 不用了 没事 我不想试 |
[00:29] | Maybe someone else wants to. Who’s next? | 说不定有人想试 下一个谁来 |
[00:32] | If someone has to go, I’ll go, | 如果必须有人去击球 那我来 |
[00:33] | but it seems very frightening. | 但真挺吓人的 |
[00:34] | You sure? You got us for the whole hour. | 你确定 我们整一小时的任务就是陪你们 |
[00:36] | Anyone? Would it hurt your feelings if no one went? | 有人吗 如果没人想来你们会难过吗 |
[00:42] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[00:43] | welcome to the Annual Stern-Taylor fall classic. | 欢迎来到斯坦恩·泰勒基金年度秋季经典赛 |
[00:47] | I’d like to start by making a toast | 首先让我们为这位 |
[00:48] | to our very special guest tonight, | 非常特别的客人干杯 |
[00:50] | Richard Hendricks. | 他就是理查德·亨德里克斯 |
[00:52] | Richard, after your perfect game | 理查德 你几周前 |
[00:54] | at Techcrunch Disrupt a few weeks ago, | 从’科技博客’创业展会捧回大奖后 |
[00:57] | we fell in love with you and your tech. | 我们就爱上了你和你的技术 |
[00:59] | Look, we know everyone in the Valley is after you, | 我们知道全硅谷的人都想为你投资 |
[01:02] | and we know that you’re probably going to go with Peter Gregory, | 我们也知道你可能会选彼得·格里高利 |
[01:06] | but we’d love to have you come play on our team. | 但我们仍很希望你能成为我们的一员 |
[01:08] | Let Stern-Taylor Capital Fund in on your series A financing, | 让斯坦恩·泰勒基金为你们注入第一轮融资 |
[01:12] | because together, Richard, we’d be… | 因为只要我们齐心 理查德 就能够 |
[01:15] | a home… run! | 打出全垒打 |
[01:22] | – Oh, right. – What do you say, Richard? | -是嘛 -你怎么想 理查德 |
[01:26] | I’ll– I’ll do what I can. | 我会尽我所能 |
[01:29] | All right. | 好的 |
[01:30] | Have fun, everybody. | 大家好好玩 |
[01:34] | I don’t know, man. It’s starting to feel weird | 我说不清 伙计 这些基金 |
[01:36] | letting all these firms suck up to us, | 都在追捧我们 感觉好怪 |
[01:38] | even though we’re not gonna take their money. | 即使我们根本就不准备接受他们的投资 |
[01:39] | Richard, Peter Gregory | 理查德 彼得·格里高利 |
[01:41] | hasn’t officially given us the term sheet yet. | 还并未正式给我们风投协议 |
[01:43] | Yes, but he will tomorrow when he gets back. | 对 但他明天回来之后就会给 |
[01:45] | If you can’t enjoy this many people | 如果你连这么多人 |
[01:47] | kissing our ass at this level, | 拍你马屁都接受不了 |
[01:49] | then I feel sorry for you. | 那你真是没救了 |
[01:51] | Would you just relax and take it in for a second? | 你就不能放轻松 好好感受一下吗 |
[01:54] | I mean, we are getting our dicks sucked at the At&t Park. | 我们可是在AT&T球场接受众人膜拜 |
[01:59] | We’re standing on the field of the World Series Champions. | 我们正站在美国职棒大联盟总冠军的主场上 |
[02:03] | – It’s totally lost on me. – Yeah, I don’t give a shit, either. | -我完全激动不起来 -我也不在乎 |
[02:08] | I’m Nicole Stein. | 我叫妮可·斯坦 |
[02:09] | I lead the growth team at Stern-Taylor. | 是斯坦恩·泰勒基金成长团队的主管 |
[02:11] | – Oh, I’m Dinesh. – I’m Gilfoyle. | -我叫迪尼希 -我叫吉尔弗约尔 |
[02:14] | I love it. So what do you two do at Pied Piper? | 名字超棒 那你们在魔笛手做些什么 |
[02:17] | I’m the CTO. | 我是技术总监 |
[02:18] | Ha ha, he’s joking. I’m the CTO. | 他在说笑 我才是技术总监 |
[02:21] | Fuck you, I’m joking. | 去你的我在说笑 |
[02:22] | Okay, how could you be the Chief Technology Officer? | 你怎么可能是首席技术总监 |
[02:26] | I get it. You hear the word “Chief,” | 我明白了 你听到”总监” |
[02:27] | and you think “Indian Chief.” | 就想到了”印第安酋长” |
[02:30] | But you’re the other kind of Indian. | 但你不是印第安人 |
[02:31] | Okay. One, fuck you. I’m Pakistani. | 第一 操你妈 我是巴基斯坦人 |
[02:34] | And two, how could you be CTO of anything? | 第二 你这种人怎么可能当技术总监 |
[02:36] | You have to be able to organize, | 技术总监要善于组织大家 |
[02:38] | you have to be able to delegate, and you have to be– | 指派手下 并且要 |
[02:39] | I delegate you to go get me a fucking beer | 我指派你去给我拿瓶啤酒 |
[02:41] | while I talk to Nicole. | 让我跟妮可好好说会话 |
[02:44] | George Silver, | 我是乔治·席尔瓦 |
[02:44] | Operating Partner at Stern-Taylor. | 斯坦恩·泰勒基金的运营合伙人 |
[02:47] | So, what do you do at Pied Piper? | 你们在魔笛手都做些什么 |
[02:51] | He’s the CTO. | 他是我们的技术总监 |
[02:57] | That’s Drew Houston. | 那是德鲁·休斯顿[Dropbox创始人之一] |
[02:58] | We’ve been circling each other for the last 20 minutes. | 我们已经眉来眼去了二十分钟 |
[03:02] | The Winklevoss twins. | 那是温克莱斯双胞胎 |
[03:03] | Look at them. They’re like two genetically enhanced Ken dolls. | 看看他们 简直就是芭比老公的加强版 |
[03:06] | Do you know how much bitcoin they’re worth? | 你知道他们身价有多少比特币吗 |
[03:09] | Oh, shit, they’re splitting up. | 该死 他们分开了 |
[03:11] | Cameron’s the left dominant one, right? | 卡麦隆是那个左撇子 对吧 |
[03:13] | I can’t tell them apart. | 我分不清他们 |
[03:14] | I’m gonna come at him from the right side, | 我得从右侧接近他 |
[03:15] | try and herd them back together without spooking them. | 在不被他们察觉的情况下把他们赶到一起 |
[03:18] | Watch this. Cameron! Cameron! | 瞧好吧 卡麦隆 卡麦隆 |
[03:23] | Okay. Well, well, well, look who’s the big swinging dick. | 看看 看看是哪位大人物这么屌炸天啊 |
[03:27] | Hey, Javeed, everything okay at Goolybib? | 贾维德 ‘顾利拜’运营还顺利吧 |
[03:30] | You gotta ask them. They canned me. | 那你得问他们 我被踢出公司了 |
[03:32] | – What? – Yeah, our investors got spooked | -什么 -我们的金主 |
[03:36] | by a possible down round, | 被估值较低的一轮融资吓尿了 |
[03:37] | so they shoved an acquisition down my throat. | 他们就随便出个收购价打发了我 |
[03:39] | Yeah, an acquisition of $200 million, right? | 对 出价两亿美元收购 不是吗 |
[03:42] | Yeah, they all made out. | 是啊 他们都没什么事 |
[03:44] | I had a reverse vest with no triggers, | 我签的反向保护协议并没有触发条款 |
[03:47] | then I lost all my shares when they fired me. | 然后我被开除时就丢掉了所有份额 |
[03:50] | I blew my whole signing bonus renting that house. | 租那房子花光了我所有签约奖金 |
[03:53] | I’m looking into suing ’em. | 我准备去告他们 |
[03:55] | – Jeez. – Look, all I can say is, | -老天 -我要说的就是 |
[03:58] | don’t get fucked, all right? | 别被耍了 |
[04:01] | You take money from the wrong dudes, | 如果你没找对金主 |
[04:02] | and you’ll get smoked as bad as I did. | 你就会落得跟我一个下场 |
[04:05] | Just be careful. Everyone is watching you now. | 万事小心 所有人的目光都在你身上 |
[04:08] | Yeah. Totally. I know. Thanks, Javeed. | 是啊 我知道 谢了 贾维德 |
[04:10] | No, I mean they’re watching you right now. | 不 我是说所有人现在都在看你 |
[04:18] | Oh yeah. | 是吗 |
[04:19] | Damn it. Where is that camera? | 该死 摄像头在哪 |
[04:33] | I can’t believe how many gifts we’re getting. | 真是不敢相信我们收到了这么多礼物 |
[04:34] | Gifts I’m getting. | 礼物是寄给我的 |
[04:36] | That Oculus rig is addressed to the CTO. | 那个虚拟3D眼镜是送给技术总监的 |
[04:38] | No, I’m the CTO. | 不 我才是技术总监 |
[04:40] | As your superior, I order you to give me that Oculus. | 作为你的主管 我命令你把眼镜给我 |
[04:43] | You can’t make me do stuff. You’re not the boss of me. | 你没法命令我 你又不是我的上司 |
[04:46] | – Actually, I am the boss of you. – Okay. | -实际上我就是你的上司 -得了吧 |
[04:47] | Richard, tell him I’m CTO. | 理查德 告诉他我是技术总监 |
[04:49] | You already told that fat guy that I’m the CTO. | 是你亲口告诉那个肥佬 我是技术总监的 |
[04:51] | Stop, stop, stop. Please stop. | 住口 住口 都停下 |
[04:53] | I have a ton of work to do. You have work to do. | 我有一堆工作要做 你们也有工作要做 |
[04:55] | Maybe let’s do the work instead of that. | 有那时间让我们多干点活少抬杠 |
[04:59] | Jared, we were supposed to get a term sheet today. | 贾里德 我们今天应该会收到风投协议的 |
[05:01] | Have we heard from Peter Gregory? | 彼得·格里高利那边有消息吗 |
[05:04] | – Peter Gregory is dead. – What? | -彼得·格里高利死了 -什么 |
[05:15] | Holy shit. | 我操 |
[05:26] | He was the smartest, shrewdest… | 他是我所见过最睿智 最精明 |
[05:31] | strangest man I’ve ever known. | 也是最奇怪的人 |
[05:35] | I can’t believe that he’s gone. | 我不敢相信他已经走了 |
[05:38] | Can I asked what happened? | 能问下到底发生什么了吗 |
[05:41] | Yeah. He was… | 他当时 |
[05:44] | in the Serengeti on safari… | 在塞伦盖蒂平原[坦桑尼亚西北部]探险 |
[05:46] | and he had just gone into his tent | 当他刚走进帐篷 |
[05:48] | when a hippo wandered into the camp. | 一头河马闯进了营地 |
[05:54] | He was attacked by a hippo? | 他被河马袭击了吗 |
[05:56] | No, I guess the hippo started to charge | 不 我猜河马开始攻击人群 |
[06:01] | when the guide grabbed his rifle and shot at it, but… | 导游就朝它开了枪 但是 |
[06:05] | his aim was off, and… | 他打偏了 然后 |
[06:09] | And he shot Peter Gregory by accident? | 他不巧打中了彼得·格里高利吗 |
[06:12] | – Yeah. – No, he– he missed… | -对 -不 他没打中 |
[06:16] | but I guess the sound of the gun startled Peter, who… | 但我猜枪声把彼得吓坏了 他就 |
[06:21] | ran out of his tent and… | 跑出了自己的帐篷 |
[06:25] | Ran right into the hippo? | 刚好撞到了那头河马吗 |
[06:27] | No, the hippo was also startled by the noise | 不 那河马也被枪声吓坏了 |
[06:30] | and had run off prior to Peter exiting his tent. | 在彼得出帐篷前 它就吓跑了 |
[06:38] | So, what happened to Peter? | 那彼得到底出什么事了 |
[06:41] | He hadn’t run in a long time, | 他很久都没跑过步了 |
[06:46] | maybe ever, and you know, he just… | 说不定一辈子都没跑过 然后他就 |
[06:53] | that was it. | 走了 |
[07:00] | Oh, that is so… very strange. | 那真是太 奇怪了 |
[07:05] | – Very sad and tragic. – Very sad and strange. | -太令人伤心 -令人伤心同时也很奇怪 |
[07:09] | See ya. | 再见 |
[07:12] | Man, that is so weird. | 伙计 这感觉真是太怪了 |
[07:13] | I mean, one minute peter gregory is here, | 前一秒钟彼得·格里高利人还在这 |
[07:15] | the next, he’s just gone. | 下一秒钟他人就没了 |
[07:16] | Jared, it’s Erlich. | 贾里德 我是埃利希 |
[07:18] | I need you to set up all the other VC meetings, ASAP. | 你尽快帮我安排好与其他风投基金的会面 |
[07:21] | Line ’em up nuts to butts. | 把所有行程都排满 |
[07:23] | What are you doing? Monica just said they’re still gonna fund us. | 你在干什么 莫妮卡刚说他们仍会投资我们 |
[07:25] | We should just sit tight. | 我们耐心等着就行 |
[07:27] | Look, I loved Peter Gregory | 听着 我很欣赏彼得·格里高利 |
[07:28] | maybe even more than he loved me, | 也许远胜他欣赏我 |
[07:31] | but there’s something you need to know here, | 但有些事你得明白 |
[07:32] | Something that Monica isn’t exactly volunteering up, | 有一些莫妮卡没有主动告诉你的事 |
[07:35] | And that’s all of these one-man firms have a key man clause. | 所有这种一个老板的公司里都有关键人条款 |
[07:38] | – Do you know what that means? – No. | -你知道什么意思吗 -不知道 |
[07:39] | It means that now that Peter Gregory is gone, | 意思是现在彼得·格里高利死了 |
[07:42] | All the Raviga investors have the contractual right | 拉维加所有的投资人都有合同权利 |
[07:45] | to cash out and walk away, | 把投资套现走人 |
[07:46] | which means that by the end of the day, | 也就是说 有可能今天之后 |
[07:47] | there may not be a Raviga. | 拉维加就不存在了 |
[07:50] | – Seriously? – Yes, so we have to prepare for that. | -不是吧 -没错 所以我们得早做准备 |
[07:52] | Now, I know that it makes me sound like a terrible person, | 我知道这么说显得我很过分 |
[07:56] | but we have a company to run. | 可这是为了公司好 |
[07:57] | And do you know who the first person to agree with me would be? | 你知道谁会第一个同意我的观点吗 |
[07:59] | Peter Gregory. | 彼得·格里高利 |
[08:10] | And that is the very first spot | 这是我们纽核力公司 |
[08:12] | in our new campaign heralding the upcoming release | 在今年一月的国际消费电子展上 |
[08:14] | of Nucleus this January at CES. | 将要播放的第一条广告 |
[08:17] | – Any questions? – I have a question. | -有问题吗 -我有个问题 |
[08:20] | That was horrible. I just got humiliated by a fucking teenager | 糟糕透顶 我刚在’科技博客’创业展会 |
[08:24] | at techcrunch disrupt, | 被一个该死的90后侮辱完 |
[08:25] | and you give me this tampon ad? | 然后你就给我看这种卫生棉条广告 |
[08:28] | – A girl with diabetes on a swing? – I think she has cancer. | -一个糖尿病妹坐秋千 -我看她得了癌症 |
[08:32] | At least that’s how I read it. | 我看着像癌症 |
[08:34] | I don’t care what kind of disease she had! | 我不在乎她得的什么病 |
[08:36] | All I care about is that Nucleus is better than Pied Piper. | 我只关心纽核力要比魔笛手好 |
[08:40] | Hendricks just left us all in the dust. | 亨德里克斯抢走了我们的风头 |
[08:42] | If we get this wrong, | 如果我们再错一步 |
[08:44] | we could blow the business opportunity of a lifetime! | 我们就要错失这个百年不遇的机会了 |
[08:46] | Data creation is exploding. | 这是个数据大爆炸的时代 |
[08:49] | With all the selfies and useless files | 人们存在云端存了很多 |
[08:52] | people refuse to delete on the cloud, | 不肯删掉的自拍和没用的文件 |
[08:54] | 92% of the world’s data | 全世界百分之九十二的数据 |
[08:57] | was created in the last two years alone. | 都是在过去两年里出现的 |
[09:00] | At the current rate, the world’s data storage capacity | 按照这个速度 这个世界的数据储存能力 |
[09:02] | will be overtaken by next spring. | 明年春天前就要爆了 |
[09:05] | It will be nothing short of a catastrophe. | 那将是一场大灾难 |
[09:07] | Data shortages, data rationing, data black markets. | 数据不足 数据限额 数据黑市 |
[09:12] | Someone’s compression will save the world from data-geddon, | 有人的压缩技术能够救世界于末日数据之战中 |
[09:15] | and it sure as hell better be Nucleus and not goddamn Pied Piper! | 这一定得他妈是纽核力而不是见鬼的魔笛手 |
[09:20] | I don’t know about you people, | 我不知道你们怎么想 |
[09:22] | but I don’t wanna live in a world where someone else | 我不希望有任何人比我们 |
[09:24] | makes the world a better place better than we do. | 更能让世界更美好 |
[09:33] | “Data-geddon”, is he married to that, or… | 数据末日之战 他这么喜欢用这个词吗 |
[09:37] | there’s just been a lot of “Geddons” lately? | 还是说最近就是有很多末日之战 |
[09:39] | That’s true. “Snow-mageddon”, “Car-mageddon”. | 没错 冰雪末日之战 飞车末日之战 |
[09:42] | There’s that movie “Armageddon.” | 还有个叫《世界末日之战》的电影 |
[09:49] | Laurie, you wanted to see me? | 劳里 你要见我吗 |
[09:51] | Monica, come in, come in. I’m sure you’ve heard by now | 莫妮卡 进来 你应该已经听说 |
[09:53] | that I’ve been named our new managing partner. | 我被任命为执行合伙人了吧 |
[09:55] | Yes. Congratulations. | 是的 恭喜 |
[09:57] | Did the limited partners tell you how they made their decision? | 有限合伙人们告诉你他们怎么作出决定的吗 |
[10:01] | They looked at the portfolio performances | 他们看了每个高级合伙人 |
[10:03] | of each of the senior partners over the last several funds, | 在最近几轮融资后的投资回报 |
[10:05] | And my numbers were, objectively, the most favorable. | 我的表现明显是最好的 |
[10:08] | Therefore, I was selected. | 所以他们选了我 |
[10:09] | Yeah, it’s just managing partner | 对 执行合伙人 |
[10:12] | is all about meeting with people and interacting with people. | 要跟不同的人打交道 |
[10:16] | You can sit down if you want to. Do you want to? | 你想坐可以坐下 你想吗 |
[10:18] | Or should we stand? | 还是说我们应该站着 |
[10:20] | – Uh, I– whatever– – I’m standing… | -我都… -我要站着 |
[10:22] | – Okay… – But you don’t have to. | -好吧 -不过你可以不用 |
[10:24] | – Okay. – Would it make you feel awkward to sit? | -好吧 -你觉得坐着会很怪吗 |
[10:28] | I’m okay to stand. | 我可以站着 |
[10:30] | – Monica… – Of course. | -莫妮卡 -好吧 |
[10:33] | Peter gregory is dead. | 彼得·格里高利死了 |
[10:36] | Yes, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[10:38] | On a personal note, his death is very sad. | 从私人角度看 这件事令人悲伤 |
[10:42] | But on a professional level, it’s untenable. | 可是从专业角度看 他的决定很不可取 |
[10:45] | I’ve been reviewing his files. | 我看了很多他的文件 |
[10:46] | He was pursuing a number of extremely dubious positions. | 他投的好几个项目也太不靠谱了 |
[10:49] | Are you aware | 你知道吗 |
[10:50] | that we own a $30 million ostrich farm in Morocco, | 我们在摩洛哥有家价值三千万的鸵鸟场 |
[10:53] | or that we are the majority stakeholders in three companies | 还是三家专门研究隐形技术的公司的 |
[10:57] | that specialize in invisibility? | 大股东 |
[10:59] | This box is filled with napkins covered with notes | 这还有一盒子写满字的纸巾 |
[11:03] | detailing Peter’s conviction that | 详细阐述了彼得如何深信 |
[11:04] | genetically-modified cranberry fungus would become the next cotton. | 转基因蔓越莓菌会像棉花那样大热 |
[11:09] | – That– that one I remember. – Yes. | -这想法我记得 -没错 |
[11:11] | Monica. | 莫妮卡 |
[11:14] | Peter Gregory is dead. | 彼得·格里高利已经死了 |
[11:16] | – Yes. – We need to seem competitive, now more than ever, | -是 -我们现在更得展现出竞争力 |
[11:20] | to our investors as well as to the industry at large. | 让投资者们看到 更要让整个业界看到 |
[11:23] | Well, I mean, Pied Piper is probably | ‘魔笛手’算是目前硅谷 |
[11:25] | the hottest early investment in town right now, | 最抢手的早期投资项目了 |
[11:28] | – and we have them. – Do we? | -至少我们还有他们 -真的吗 |
[11:32] | But why then are they speaking to other firms | 那他们怎么会跟其它公司 |
[11:35] | – about investing in their Series A? – No, no, I just told them | -谈A轮融资 -不会吧 我刚告诉他们 |
[11:37] | to sit tight for a day or two until we sorted things out. | 耐心等几天 等我们处理好内务 |
[11:40] | It seems that that advanced a sense of uncertainty, | 看来你这话显得我们态度不坚定了 |
[11:44] | and now we’re at risk of losing their round. | 我们可能会失去他们的A轮融资 |
[11:46] | This could jeopardize the firm | 这将危害公司利益 |
[11:48] | and, by extension, your career here, | 而莫妮卡 你作为助理合伙人 |
[11:51] | Monica, as an associate partner. | 在本公司事业也将受影响 |
[11:53] | – Well, I guess I was just kind of in shock. – Monica… | -大概我当时还没缓过来 -莫妮卡 |
[12:00] | Peter Gregory is dead. | 彼得·格里高利已经死了 |
[12:04] | Yes. I know. | 是 我知道 |
[12:09] | This is great. | 这感觉太棒了 |
[12:10] | Do you know how many times I’ve gone into these rooms | 之前多少次拉投资 什么筹码都没有 |
[12:12] | with nothing but a half of an ass in my hand? | 夹着尾巴就进去了 |
[12:15] | We’re walking in there | 这次可是带着 |
[12:17] | with three-foot cocks covered in Elvis dust. | 一米长大老二 浑身亮粉来的 |
[12:21] | – Really? – Richard Hendricks? They’re ready for you. | -是吗 -理查德·亨德里克斯 可以进去了 |
[12:25] | – This is a fucking layup, guys. – Okay, let’s do this. | -时过境迁啊 各位 -好了 走吧 |
[12:29] | Not you, Jared. | 你坐下 贾里德 |
[12:31] | Now, with proper funding, we should be able to put together | 有了正式投资 我们就能及时开发出 |
[12:35] | a functioning beta in time for CES | 可运行测试版 赶上消费电子展示会 |
[12:38] | and compress Nucleus out of the marketplace. | 在市场上力压’纽核力’了 |
[12:46] | Yeah. | 还行 |
[12:48] | I don’t know. | 我也说不好 |
[12:50] | You don’t– what? | 说不好 什么 |
[12:52] | It just doesn’t seem worked out to me. | 我就是觉得还不够成熟 |
[12:54] | Well, I mean, it was worked out enough to win TechCrunch Disrupt. | 都成熟到在’科技博客’创业展会胜出了 |
[12:59] | Yes, and congratulations, you won 50 grand, | 是 恭喜你们赢了五万美金 |
[13:02] | but you’re asking us for 200 times that. | 但你们现在求的投资 是奖金的200倍 |
[13:05] | Richard, look, we all know about your amazing… | 理查德 我们都听说了你们神奇的 |
[13:09] | compression rate, but let’s not be naive here. | 压缩率 但这不是过家家 |
[13:12] | You can’t expect to just throw money at an algorithm | 对方可是全球最强的科技公司之一 |
[13:16] | and beat one of the largest tech companies in the world. | 不是说往算法里投点钱就能打败的 |
[13:20] | So why don’t you rework this a little | 不如你回去再完善一下 |
[13:22] | and come back in with a little more? | 下次来谈能多点内容 |
[13:24] | Maybe next week? | 下周怎样 |
[13:28] | – And? – That was really weird. | -怎么样 -太奇怪了 |
[13:31] | I guess we don’t have as much Elvis dust on us as I thought. | 看来我们身上的亮粉没我想得那么多 |
[13:34] | You see? This is why I wanted to go with Peter Gregory. | 你看 所以我才说跟彼得·格里高利算了 |
[13:37] | This is bullshit. That guy throws this huge party for us, | 这也太扯了 那家伙为我们大办派对 |
[13:40] | and then acts like he doesn’t even want us? | 转头来却一副不稀罕我们的样子 |
[13:42] | I fucking hate parties. And he’s just, | 我根本都不喜欢派对 他还说 |
[13:44] | “Come back next week when you have more.” | 下周多带点内容 我们再谈 |
[13:46] | More? More than 5.2 on Weissman? | 多个屁 维斯曼评分都高达5.2了 |
[13:48] | No. No. | 没戏 |
[13:50] | Fuck that guy. Fuck this place. Fuck this whole place. | 去他的 谁要他 谁他妈要靠这破公司 |
[13:54] | – Watch me fuck this place. – No, wait! Wait, wait! | -你看我去骂他们个狗血喷头 – 别 等等 |
[13:59] | Remember when you told me to come back when I had more? | 你刚才不是让我有更多内容再来吗 |
[14:01] | And then I said I would? Well, I’m not going to. | 我还答应了 我现在告诉你 没戏了 |
[14:05] | Ever. This doesn’t count. OK? | 死也不回来了 这次不算 |
[14:06] | I’m covered in dust. I’m a three-foot dick. | 老子浑身亮粉 一米长大老二 |
[14:09] | And I’ve got half an ass to go to some other company | 而且还能夹着尾巴去别的公司 |
[14:12] | who’s never gonna put me on a Jumbotron | 找家不会把我投到大屏幕上 |
[14:14] | or throw balls at me. | 也不会拿球砸我的 |
[14:18] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[14:27] | Are you feeling unwell? Do you need protein? | 你不舒服吗 需要摄入蛋白质吗 |
[14:29] | I don’t know what happened. | 我也不知道怎么回事 |
[14:31] | Between Peter dying and Raviga maybe being gone, | 彼得死了 拉维加的投资又悬了 |
[14:33] | I just– I just wanna get funded and build Pied Piper. | 我只是 我只是希望拿到钱做魔笛手 |
[14:36] | I hate this part. | 我真讨厌要钱 |
[14:39] | Well, if one thing is for sure… | 有一点是肯定的 |
[14:41] | If we’re gonna get any traction, I need to step up my game. | 如果要想吸引投资 我得使出更有力的招数 |
[14:44] | It’s an email from Ron Laflamme. | 是罗恩·拉弗兰梅发来的邮件 |
[14:47] | “Just got a term sheet from Stern-Taylor. | “刚收到斯坦恩·泰勒基金发来的风投协议 |
[14:49] | “They offered five million | “他们投资500万 |
[14:51] | “at 25 million post-money valuation. | “融资后估值2500万 |
[14:54] | “More than I thought.” | “比我想的要多得多” |
[14:55] | Shit. They were negging us. | 可恶 他们故意唱衰我们 |
[14:57] | – Negging? – Negging is going negative. | -唱衰 -唱衰就是恶意差评 |
[14:59] | It’s a manipulative sex strategy used by lonely chauvinists. | 是单身沙文主义者常用的把妹策略 |
[15:02] | See, everybody wants us. By shitting all over us, | 你看 人人都想要我们 说我们坏话 |
[15:05] | they try and bring our price down, | 就能降低给我们的开价 |
[15:08] | but you shitting all over them | 但你骂了回去 |
[15:10] | counteracted them shitting all over us. | 抵消了他们的嘴炮 |
[15:12] | You negged a neg. Richard, this could be good. | 你把他们反唱衰了 理查德 这是好事 |
[15:15] | – Where do we have next? – Ross-Loma Capital. | -接下来见谁 -罗斯·洛马资金 |
[15:18] | Should I keep doing it? Should I keep negging? | 要我继续吗 我要不要接着反唱衰 |
[15:19] | No, no, I’ll handle this. | 不用 交给我 |
[15:21] | If they want to negotiate using hostility and rudeness… | 如果他们想来硬的 |
[15:25] | Well, they picked the wrong guy. | 那他们可找错人了 |
[15:27] | well, you see, our main concern | 是这样 我们最关心的 |
[15:30] | is how you’re going to | 就是你打算 |
[15:31] | achieve escape velocity on your growth rate… | 怎么让你的增长速度超过逃逸速度 |
[15:33] | …hit critical mass. | 达到临界值 |
[15:37] | I’m sorry. What– what’s funny? | 不好意思 您笑什么 |
[15:39] | It’s just that painting behind you. | 你身后那幅画啊 |
[15:41] | It’s awful. | 丑裂了 |
[15:43] | It looks like harlequin Kama Sutra done poorly. | 简直就像小丑版的爱经 还玩砸了 |
[15:47] | So, I agree, | 所以 我同意 |
[15:50] | bad culture fit. | 文化上适应不来 |
[15:52] | – I think we all just move on. – Look, | -我们还是算了吧 -那个 |
[15:54] | I didn’t say anything about a culture fit. | 我根本没说关于文化适应的事啊 |
[15:55] | No, I did. | 你是没说 我说了 |
[15:57] | Okay. Well… | 那好 |
[16:00] | Thank you for meeting with us. | 多谢接见我们 |
[16:01] | We have a bunch of these things to go to, | 我们接下来还排了一堆这样的会 |
[16:03] | hopefully with more tasteful artwork, | 希望他们艺术品味能好点 |
[16:06] | and your logo looks like a sideways vagina. | 而你们的商标看着像长歪了的阴道 |
[16:09] | I find that to be racist, don’t you? | 种族歧视了吧你们 |
[16:15] | – Okay, here’s my concern– – Here’s my concern– | -那我就说说我的关注点 -我也有关注点 |
[16:19] | Who the hell picked out that shirt for you? | 哪路神仙给你挑的这件衬衫 |
[16:21] | – What? – Oh, I see. | -什么 -啊 难怪 |
[16:24] | With the pants, so I guess it’s a whole… | 裤子是配套的 那看来就是 |
[16:27] | – thing. – My wife picked these out. | -成套的 -我妻子给我选的 |
[16:29] | Then you married poorly. | 那你的婚姻真是不幸 |
[16:31] | Do you care about Pied Piper? | 你们关心魔笛手吗 |
[16:34] | Do I care about Pied Piper? Well, of course. | 我关不关心魔笛手 我当然关心 |
[16:37] | ‘Cause if you do, I’m not seeing it. | 因为如果你关心的话 我可看不出来 |
[16:40] | In fact, what I think I’m seeing is the human equivalent | 其实我看到的是一只人形 |
[16:43] | of a “flassid” penis. | 大丛包 |
[16:45] | “Flak-sid.” It’s actually pronounced “flak-sid.” | “怂包” 准确的发音是”怂包” |
[16:48] | Not a lot of people know that. | 很多人都念错了 |
[16:50] | Well, we are definitely interested, | 我们当然非常有兴趣 |
[16:52] | but I think we need to… | 但我认为我们需要 |
[16:54] | I’m sorry. Is something wrong? | 不好意思 有什么不对吗 |
[16:57] | No, this is… all wrong. | 你这 整个都不对 |
[17:00] | I am sensing a general lack of vision. | 我感觉到这里缺乏远见 |
[17:03] | Your muffins smell like shit. | 你们的蛋糕难闻得要死 |
[17:05] | So do your ideas. | 想法也好不到哪去 |
[17:07] | One of you is the least attractive person I’ve ever seen, | 你们中有一位是我见过的最讨人厌的家伙 |
[17:10] | and I’m not gonna say who. | 但我就不明说是哪位了 |
[17:13] | Should we leave or should you? | 是我们走啊 还是你们走 |
[17:16] | We just got offered eight at 40. | 刚有人出800万 融资后估值4000万 |
[17:19] | We’re five for five, gentlemen. | 五发全中 先生们 |
[17:21] | And Galveston Capital Fund and Yountville Ventures called. | 加维斯顿基金和杨特维尔风投基金也打电话来 |
[17:23] | They want to move their meetings up before everyone else. | 他们希望我们先去见见他们 |
[17:26] | Hey, let me try. I want to be rude at this next one. | 让我也来一次 下场会我也要爆粗 |
[17:29] | Go for it. | 好啊 |
[17:30] | So, with some proper funding, | 所以只要资金到位 |
[17:31] | We should be able to get a functioning beta in time for CES. | 我们来得及在消费电子展示会上拿出测试版 |
[17:35] | And if you don’t fund us, | 如果你们不投资 |
[17:37] | you’re a fucking slut. | 你们就是贱婊子 |
[17:43] | Ah. What’s that smell? | 什么味道 |
[17:45] | Is that a fart? You– are you a farter? | 是屁味吗 你爱放屁吗 |
[17:50] | Now, can I have a pastry? Or are you guys gonna eat ’em all? | 我能吃个点心吗 还是你们要把它们吃光 |
[17:55] | ‘Cause you’re gonna get fat. | 那样会胖的 |
[17:59] | It’s not your fault, Richard. | 不是你的错 理查德 |
[18:01] | This is just something that can’t be taught, | 这技巧没法学 |
[18:04] | so leave the next one to me. | 下一家就交给我吧 |
[18:05] | I can feel a big one coming on. | 我感觉接下来是条大鱼 |
[18:07] | – What are you gonna do? – I’m not sure yet, | -你要怎么做 -还不确定 |
[18:10] | but give me room. | 但给我发挥的空间 |
[18:11] | There’s something inside of me that has to come out, | 我内心里有东西要发泄 |
[18:14] | and who am I to stop it? | 憋回去不是我风格 |
[18:18] | His balls? | 他的蛋蛋 |
[18:19] | He put his balls on the table? | 他把蛋蛋放到桌子上了 |
[18:21] | – Right on the table. – On purpose? | -看的清清楚楚 -他故意的吗 |
[18:23] | I don’t see how it could be by accident. | 应该不是偶然跳出来的 |
[18:26] | Richard, I just got an email from the guys at Midland-Oak. | 理查德 我刚收到了大陆橡树的邮件 |
[18:29] | Apparently, there is a line, and I crossed it– | 显然我破了他们的底线 |
[18:33] | The line between $12 and $15 million! | 认为我们只值1200到1500万的底线 |
[18:37] | Ba-bam! Midland-Oak’s offer just came in. | 大陆橡树刚发来了投资意向 |
[18:40] | Gentlemen, we are valued at 75 million, | 先生们 我们的估值是7500万 |
[18:43] | fully diluted. | 充分稀释后的 |
[18:44] | – Are you shitting me? – Take a look at these term sheets. | -你逗我呢吗 -你们来看这些条款 |
[18:47] | There is a linear correlation between how intolerable I was | 我的不可容忍度与估值的高度 |
[18:51] | and the height of valuation. | 完全线性相关 |
[18:53] | Hey, you guys. This is Laurie Bream, | 各位 这位是劳里·布里姆 |
[18:57] | the new managing partner at Raviga. | 拉维加投资公司新的经营合伙人 |
[19:00] | Hi. I’m Richard Hendricks. | 你好 我是理查德·亨德里克斯 |
[19:02] | Yes. I recognize you from your photograph. | 我知道 我看过你的照片 |
[19:05] | It’s very nice to meet you in person. | 很高兴见到你本人 |
[19:07] | Yeah. Okay, so we did that. | 好了 招呼也打过了 |
[19:09] | Gentlemen, I am aware of the degree of interest | 先生们 我知道别的公司 |
[19:12] | you are receiving from other firms. | 对你们有很大的兴趣 |
[19:13] | I am aware that participation in your series a will require | 我也知道参与你们这一轮的融资 |
[19:16] | a very competitive offer, | 需要一个非常有竞争力的报价 |
[19:17] | but for numerous reasons, | 但出于很多理由 |
[19:19] | I believe it to be the prudent decision. | 我相信这是一个慎重的决定 |
[19:21] | Now I am | 我向你们 |
[19:23] | presenting you with this. | 提供这些 |
[19:25] | 20 million at $100 million valuation? | 投资两千万 估值一亿 |
[19:30] | I don’t, uh… This is way more than any other offer. | 我不… 这比别人的报价高好多 |
[19:34] | Correct. That is very much intentional. | 没错 故意的 |
[19:38] | So, I believe that satisfies your requirements? | 那应该满足了你们的需求吧 |
[19:41] | Monica will arrange a time to formalize the details. | 莫妮卡会安排时间正式确定细节 |
[19:44] | Thank you. Have a good day. | 谢谢 祝你们愉快 |
[19:46] | Uh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:49] | Yes. | 好的 |
[19:51] | Yes. | 太好了 |
[19:53] | Congratulations, guys. I am so glad– | 恭喜你们 我真高兴… |
[19:57] | oh, shit. She’s my ride home. | 见鬼 我得搭她的车回家 |
[19:59] | – I’ll call you, Richard. – Yeah, okay. | -再打电话 理查德 -好的 |
[20:02] | Thanks for stopping… | 谢谢你过来… |
[20:02] | Wait! Laurie, hold on! | 等等 劳里 等等 |
[20:06] | Guys, I think we’re funded. | 伙计们 我们有资金了 |
[20:08] | – Yes! Richie! – Oh, yeah! | -太棒了 理奇 -太棒了 |
[20:14] | So, I push my dick to the side, unbutton the bottom buttons, | 我把鸡鸡推到一边 解开最下面的扣子 |
[20:17] | and bam! | 蛋蛋闪亮登场 |
[20:19] | – Ah! What are you doing? – Shit. Sorry, sorry. Sorry. | -你干什么呢 -对不起 对不起 |
[20:25] | Meet me on the side of the house. | 来房子这边找我 |
[20:27] | – I… – Okay. Okay. Go. | -我… -好 你快走吧 |
[20:30] | – Hey. – Hey, what’s up? | -你好 -怎么了 |
[20:32] | If anyone finds out that I came back here, | 如果被人发现我又回来了 |
[20:34] | I will get fired, okay? | 我会被解雇的 明白吗 |
[20:36] | Okay. | 明白了 |
[20:38] | – Don’t take this deal. – What? | -别接受这个协议 -什么 |
[20:40] | You are worth half that at best. | 你们顶多就值那报价的一半 |
[20:43] | Oh. Wow. Thanks for the compliment. | 真是多谢夸奖 |
[20:45] | No. The credit to you guys. You negotiated your asses off, | 我说真的 你们确实谈判的挺好 |
[20:48] | but this is a classic runaway valuation. | 但这是典型的过高估值 |
[20:51] | What’s wrong with that? | 过高不好吗 |
[20:53] | Pied Piper will be tied to this crazy valuation | 这轮过高估计市值 |
[20:56] | that you will never be able to live up to. | 你们就没法再进步了 |
[20:59] | If you don’t keep increasing in value in the next round, | 如果下一轮融资无法提高估值 |
[21:02] | If you have a down round, you are fucked. | 如果估值下降了 你就完蛋了 |
[21:05] | It is the kiss of death for a young CEO. | 你们刚起步 这相当于判了死刑 |
[21:07] | You want to start with a realistic valuation | 你需要一个现实的估值 |
[21:09] | and grow at a reasonable pace. | 和一个合理的增长速度 |
[21:11] | Okay, well, if it’s such a shitty deal, | 好吧 如果这真是糟糕的交易 |
[21:14] | then why did your boss offer it to us? | 那你的老板为什么要提出来呢 |
[21:16] | Because she’s as competitive as hell. | 因为她好胜的要死 |
[21:18] | She needs Pied Piper to keep Raviga afloat, Richard. | 她需要魔笛手来保证拉维加的利润 理查德 |
[21:21] | Okay. Look, I respect Laurie, | 好了 我尊重劳里 |
[21:23] | but this is the exact type of thing Peter never did. | 但这种事正是彼得不愿做的 |
[21:27] | Richard, come on. I own shares in Pied Piper. | 理查德 拜托 我也有魔笛手的股份 |
[21:29] | If this high a valuation was good in the long-term, | 如果这么高的估值对公司的长期运作有利 |
[21:31] | would I be standing here, risking my job? | 我怎么可能拿我的工作冒险呢 |
[21:34] | Don’t take our offer. Maybe go with the lowest offer you got. | 别接受 也许应该选价格最低的那个 |
[21:38] | Even that might be too high. | 哪怕他们也过高估值了 |
[21:40] | Again, thank you for the compliment. | 再说一次 谢谢你的夸奖 |
[21:43] | Also… I didn’t see anything | 还有 我刚才什么都 |
[21:47] | – In there. – No. Yeah, thank you. | -没看见 -好吧 谢谢 |
[21:50] | I was gonna say if you had, you’d have to show me yours, too. | 我本身想说 如果你看见了就要交换 |
[21:57] | Okay. Okay. Thanks for the… | 好吧 好吧 谢谢 |
[22:16] | Yeah, sorry about that party. | 上次聚会真抱歉 |
[22:18] | I was in kind of a bad way that night. | 我那晚状态不好 |
[22:20] | And truth is… I’m actually doing okay. | 真相是 我感觉还可以 |
[22:24] | – Good. That’s great. – Yeah. | -是吗 那很好 -是啊 |
[22:26] | I mean, I could run the scenarios about what happened all I want, | 之前的破事我可以回忆一万次 |
[22:30] | but… I finally just realized | 但我最终意识到 |
[22:32] | – there’s just nothing I could do, you know? – Yeah. | -其实我也无能为力 你懂吗 -是啊 |
[22:35] | So… I’m at peace with it all. | 所以 我现在看开了 |
[22:38] | I was thinking, actually… | 事实上 我在想 |
[22:40] | what if you had asked for less? | 如果你当时少要一点呢 |
[22:44] | – What? – Well, what if you could’ve gone to someone | -什么 -如果在第一轮融资 |
[22:47] | and asked for less than what they offered that first round? | 你的要价低于他们的开价呢 |
[22:50] | You mean, like, negotiating them down? | 你是说 主动降价吗 |
[22:53] | – Yeah. – Can– can you even do that? | -是啊 -这样可以吗 |
[22:55] | – Well, yeah. I mean, why not? – Yeah, but… | -为什么不可以呢 -但是 |
[23:00] | I mean, I guess, technically, I could have… | 严格来讲 我是可以… |
[23:05] | Yeah, I suppose you could argue that it might’ve been easier | 是啊 设定一个更现实的目标 |
[23:09] | to hit more realistic benchmarks | 实现起来会更容易 |
[23:13] | – and reach cash flow break-even. – Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. | -从而达到收支平衡 -我就是这个意思 |
[23:17] | And then… | 之后 |
[23:19] | we wouldn’t have faced that down round… | 我们就不用面对经营情况的下滑 |
[23:23] | And… We… | 再之后 |
[23:26] | wouldn’t have had to settle for acquisition. | 我们也就不用被收购了 |
[23:30] | All that money… | 给钱太多 |
[23:33] | – fucked me. – Wow. I mean, I don’t know about… | -反而坑了我 -我不清楚你是… |
[23:36] | – Shit! – Maybe. | -他妈的 -也许 |
[23:37] | – Look– – Hey. No, no, no. We could’ve done a legit series b. | -听着 -不不不 我们能走到第二轮的 |
[23:42] | Right? I’d still be CEO. | 是吧 我还是首席执行官 |
[23:43] | I’d have my job, | 还能有工作 |
[23:46] | My kick-ass house. | 我拉风的大房子 |
[23:47] | I’d probably still have my girlfriend… | 妹子也许还没走… |
[23:50] | And… | 还有 |
[23:52] | – Fuck! – Okay. | -操 -好吧 |
[23:54] | Why the fuck didn’t anyone tell me I could take less? | 为什么当时没人告诉我可以少拿一点 |
[23:58] | I don’t know. I don’t know. | 我不知道 我不知道 |
[24:01] | – Ideas come up and then… – Fuck! | -我就是突然想到 -操 |
[24:04] | I’ll take a cab, so I’ll leave you to it. | 我准备打车走 留你在这静静 |
[24:06] | Thanks for meeting me. | 谢谢你来与我见面 |
[24:08] | Fuck! | 操 |
[24:16] | Richard. | 理查德 |
[24:18] | Richard, I’m Laurie Bream. | 理查德 我是劳里·布瑞姆 |
[24:21] | I was inside your home yesterday. | 我昨天去过你家 |
[24:21] | Have you made a decision regarding our proposal? | 我们的提议你想过了没 |
[24:24] | Uh, yeah, yeah, we’ll go with you guys, | 是的 我们愿意和你们合作 |
[24:26] | but we need to renegotiate the terms. | 但是我们要重新协商一下条件 |
[24:29] | Oh, I’m afraid that’s untenable. | 很抱歉没有商量的余地 |
[24:30] | We’re offering as much money as we can. | 我们已经出到最高价了 |
[24:32] | No, no, we wanna go lower. We want less– | 不不 我们希望降价 我们想少要一点 |
[24:34] | A lot less, actually. | 事实上是少要很多 |
[24:36] | We’ll go with Raviga if you guys do | 如果拉维加投资一千万 |
[24:39] | 10 million at a 50 million valuation, | 融资后估值五千万 也就是之前的一半 |
[24:41] | not 20 at 100. | 我们就同意 |
[24:43] | I think this is more reasonable, | 我认为这样更合理 |
[24:45] | and it’s my final offer. Take it or leave it. | 这是我的最终出价 接不接受由你 |
[24:48] | I was not anticipating this, | 我没想到会这样 |
[24:50] | but I think it will be workable from our end. | 我想这对我们是可行的 |
[24:54] | And one more thing– Monica votes for Raviga’s board seat. | 还有一件事 莫妮卡要进董事会 |
[24:59] | Certainly that seems unimportant. | 这显然是无所谓的 |
[25:02] | I will telephone your lawyer tomorrow, | 我明天会给你的律师打电话 |
[25:04] | – and we can speak about the relevant details. – Good. | -我们再谈相关细节 -好啊 |
[25:15] | Peter was one of the few who genuinely took action | 彼得是为数不多的 真正行动起来 |
[25:19] | to use technology to help humanity thrive. | 用技术帮助人类发展的人 |
[25:22] | But how exactly can we quantify | 但是我们到底要怎样量化 |
[25:24] | another human’s contributions to mankind? | 一个人对于整个人类的贡献 |
[25:28] | Let’s break it down into its three component elements. | 我们把它划分成三个部分 |
[25:36] | I met peter when he was | 我是在彼得打算 |
[25:38] | thinking about investing in my company, Zetasphere, | 投资我的公司时认识的他 |
[25:41] | although I think he was hesitant | 但是我想他后来有所犹豫 |
[25:43] | after his disappointing initial return from Snapchat. | 因为他对快拍的最初回报有所失望 |
[25:45] | He came onboard, anyway, and every month we would meet. | 不过他还是投了 我们每个月能见一次 |
[25:50] | Peter was always an honest man, | 彼得一向是一个诚实的人 |
[25:52] | and I know that if Peter were here with us today, | 我知道如果他今天和我们同在 |
[25:54] | he would say that he was not disappointed in Snapchat, | 他会说 他没有对快拍失望 |
[25:57] | and he would forgive you, Lev, for your misunderstanding. | 他会原谅你 列夫 原谅你的误解 |
[26:01] | That’s just the kind of guy that Peter was– | 彼得就是这样的人 |
[26:03] | warm, generous, | 热情慷慨 |
[26:06] | and not disappointed in Snapchat. | 而且不对快拍失望 |
[26:15] | I’ll never forget the first time I met peter. | 我永远不会忘记初次见到彼得的场景 |
[26:19] | It was in his mom’s garage, | 是在他妈妈的车库 |
[26:21] | where we started our first business together– | 我们一起开始创业 |
[26:22] | Manufacturing VGA graphics cards for IBM clones. | 制造仿IBM的VGA视频采集卡 |
[26:27] | We never looked back. | 那些日子一去不返了 |
[26:28] | And you know, the last time I saw him, | 我最后一次见他 |
[26:30] | it was at a restaurant, | 是在一个饭店 |
[26:31] | not a half-mile away from that same garage. | 离那个车库还没有半英里远 |
[26:33] | We talked as old friends do. | 我们像老朋友一样交谈 |
[26:35] | He asked me about Jackson Hole, | 他问我杰克逊霍尔那地方怎么样 |
[26:37] | I asked him about… Pilates. | 我问他有关普拉提的问题 |
[26:41] | And yet… something was wrong. | 可是 感觉不对了 |
[26:44] | Underneath it all, there was an unmistakable tension. | 我们表面上和气 心里却憋着火 |
[26:49] | A tension I will forever regret. | 那股火我会抱憾终生 |
[26:52] | it’s no secret Peter and I had our differences. | 众所周知 彼得和我有分歧 |
[26:55] | We let business get between us. | 是事业将我们分开 |
[26:57] | Now? | 而现在 |
[26:59] | Now I wish I could say I’m sorry for that. | 现在我希望能跟他说句对不起 |
[27:01] | It’s too late. He’s gone, | 太晚了 他已经不在了 |
[27:04] | and it makes me realize the importance of forgiveness, | 这让我意识到宽容的重要性 |
[27:08] | of doing things with love and compassion in your heart, | 无论何时都要心怀慈悲 |
[27:11] | and not vengeance and competition. | 而不是报复和竞争 |
[27:15] | I mean, we owe that to each other, don’t we? | 这是我们互相亏欠的东西 |
[27:18] | And to him? | 也是欠他的 |
[27:20] | After all, this valley is the place Peter himself helped build. | 毕竟 这里就是在彼得的帮助下建成的 |
[27:23] | Where we come together as dreamers, | 我们怀揣梦想聚集在这里 |
[27:27] | all of us, to truly make the world a better place. | 我们所有人 都衷心地想让世界更美好 |
[27:32] | This is Florence during the Renaissance. | 这里就是文艺复兴时期的佛罗伦萨 |
[27:35] | This is camelot. | 这里就是卡梅洛特[亚瑟王] |
[27:37] | This is the place Peter | 彼得把这里叫做 |
[27:38] | himself called “The Cradle of Innovation”. | “创新的摇篮” |
[27:46] | I will miss my friend. | 我会怀念我的朋友的 |
[27:50] | Bye, Pete. | 再见 彼得 |
[27:55] | Maybe he is a human, after all. | 或许他还是有人性的 |
[28:00] | Jeez. I’m sorry. | 天啊 抱歉 |
[28:03] | It’s from Ron Laflamme. | 是罗恩·拉弗兰梅发来的 |
[28:05] | “Gavin Belson is suing you. | “盖文·贝尔森在起诉你 |
[28:07] | “Filed claims today that you stole Pied Piper from Hooli.” | “声称你今天从互利窃取了魔笛手” |
[28:10] | Shit. | 该死 |
[28:19] | Gavin Belson is suing us. | 盖文·贝尔森在起诉我们 |