时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | No, I’ll get my car tomorrow. I had too many. | 不用了 我明天再来取车 今晚喝太多了 |
[00:14] | Got an Uber coming. Thank you. | 我已经叫了优步 谢谢你 |
[00:18] | That was fast. | 这也太快了吧 |
[00:20] | Hello. For Jim? | 你好 是来接杰姆的吧 |
[00:22] | Yep. | 没错 |
[00:25] | Oh, would you– would you care for a water? | 你要不要…要不要喝点水 |
[00:29] | Why are your fingers orange? | 你的手指为什么是橙色的 |
[00:31] | It’s– It’s iodine. | 这是…是碘酒 |
[00:32] | I’ve been… biting my nails, | 我总是啃指甲 |
[00:34] | so I put this on there to stop me from doing it. | 所以就把这个涂上 好让我不再啃指甲 |
[00:36] | Looks like Cheetos, tastes like asshole. | 看起来像奇多 吃起来却像屎 |
[00:39] | So, what do you do? | 对了 你是做什么的 |
[00:42] | Venture capital over at Wood Opal. | 在木蛋白做风险投资 |
[00:47] | Good. | 不错嘛 |
[00:51] | Uh, can I take this? | 不介意我接个电话吧 |
[00:52] | – Sure. – All right. | -不介意 -好的 |
[00:56] | My goodness, this video chat app | 天啊 这个视频聊天APP |
[00:58] | is light-years ahead of anything else out there on the market. | 真是领先了市场上的其他APP好几个光年啊 |
[01:01] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[01:02] | Yes, and you can add multiple concurrent users | 你还可以同时添加多位用户 |
[01:05] | with no loss in picture quality, even on conventional 3G. | 也不会影响画质 即使是在3G网络下 |
[01:09] | Let’s see what happens when we add more friends. | 我们来看看添加多位朋友会发生什么 |
[01:12] | Hi, friend. What’s up? | 朋友 你好吗 |
[01:14] | Hello, friend. | 你好啊 朋友 |
[01:16] | Hey, should we add another friend? | 我们要不要再加一个朋友进来 |
[01:18] | Yeah, we should. | 当然要 |
[01:19] | How many friends can we conference at the same time? | 我们同时可以和多少人对话呢 |
[01:23] | Well, thanks to the amazing new TURN server, | 感谢这个功能强大的新TURN服务器 |
[01:26] | as many as you like. | 你想加多少就能加多少 |
[01:27] | What if someone is in an area with poor cellular reception? | 要是有人在信号差的地方呢 |
[01:30] | I doubt it would even work. | 这APP可能就不管用了吧 |
[01:32] | And if it did, the lag, the video quality… | 如果管用的话 延迟啊 画质啊… |
[01:34] | …that would be horrible. | 肯定会很差的 |
[01:36] | Well, let’s find out. | 那我们就来看看吧 |
[01:37] | Could you keep your eyes on the road, please? | 能麻烦你看着点路吗 |
[01:39] | Yeah, got it. I’m on it. | 好 知道了 |
[01:41] | Hey, friends. | 朋友们 |
[01:42] | Look at that. The image is so clear. | 瞧瞧 画质这么清晰 |
[01:44] | We all look amazing, don’t we? | 我们看起来都混清晰 对不对 |
[01:46] | – Yeah, we really do. – Yes. | -是啊是啊 -没错 |
[01:48] | Is that really just on a cell signal? | 这真的只是靠移动数据吗 |
[01:50] | Uh, yes. This is the amazing new company PiperChat. | 对 是个了不起的新公司”魔笛聊” |
[01:55] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[01:57] | I saw you at TechCrunch. | 我在科技博客上见过你 |
[01:58] | You’re Richard Hendricks. | 你是理查德·亨德里克斯 |
[02:00] | The very same. Yeah. | 正是本人 没错 |
[02:01] | You’re the fucking guy | 你就是那个该死的 |
[02:02] | that tried to walk into Coleman Blair with fraudulent numbers. | 要用虚假数字骗科曼-布莱尔公司的人 |
[02:05] | No! | 不是 |
[02:06] | – That was actually my fault. – Yes, but no. | -那其实是我的错 -是我 但不是那样 |
[02:08] | I mean, that… that’s the old thing. | 我是说 那…那是过去的事了 |
[02:09] | This is the new thing, | 这是个新公司 |
[02:10] | and I can assure you, it’s very, very real. | 我能保证 这个非常非常真实 |
[02:12] | You’re not even my driver. | 你甚至都不是我的优步司机 |
[02:13] | This says Sandeep in an Escalade. | 我的司机叫桑迪普 开凯雷德SUV的 |
[02:15] | – Ah, shit. – Look, look. | -我操 -听着 听着 |
[02:17] | No one will even talk to us, which is crazy. | 人们理都不理我们 这太让人抓狂了 |
[02:19] | We just surpassed 120,000 daily active users | 我们的日活已超十二万 |
[02:22] | and we’re growing at a rate of 18 percent, | 而且以百分之十八的速度增长 |
[02:24] | organically, week over week. | 非常有活力 每周都在增长 |
[02:25] | Richard, that’s Facebook-level growth. | 理查德 那是脸书级别的增长速度 |
[02:28] | – Pull over now. – That is great! | -马上靠边停车 -是很了不起 |
[02:29] | Richard, Richard, do not pull over. | 理查德 理查德 不要停车 |
[02:30] | – You will never see him again if he gets out. – I am not involved! | -他一下车你就再见不到他了 -没我事 |
[02:32] | Richard, can you hear me? | 理查德 听见我说话了吗 |
[02:34] | Okay, for real, Richard. You have to pull over. | 好了 说真的 理查德 你得停车 |
[02:35] | Richard, do not… do not pull over. | 理查德 不要 不要停车 |
[02:38] | – You’ll never see him again. – Hey, are you on the shitter? | -否则你再也见不到他了 -你是在厕所吗 |
[02:39] | Pull the fuck over. | 快他妈给我停车 |
[02:42] | – Richard! – Okay. | -理查德 -好了 |
[02:43] | What the fuck? Are you seriously trying to kidnap me right now? | 搞什么 你现在真想要绑架我吗 |
[02:45] | No. It’s the locks. | 不 是锁的问题 |
[02:46] | I don’t know. It’s not my car. | 我不知道 这不是我的车 |
[02:47] | Child locks are on. | 儿童锁打开了 |
[02:48] | I was babysitting my friend Gloria’s great-granddaughter. | 我之前在照顾我朋友格洛丽亚的曾孙女 |
[02:50] | It’s on the left. | 就在左边 |
[02:52] | – Got it. Look, look, look. – God damn it! | -弄好了 听着听着 -该死 |
[02:55] | Come on. Listen to me. | 求你 听我说 |
[02:56] | We are desperate. We need funding. | 我们已入绝境了 我们需要资金 |
[02:59] | – You need funding? – Yes. | -你需要资金 -是的 |
[03:01] | Hit a million daily active users | 如果你的日活达到一百万 |
[03:03] | while sustaining the same kind of growth, | 并保持现在这样的增长 |
[03:05] | then everybody in town will be trying to kidnap you. | 那么全城的人就都想要绑架你了 |
[03:08] | Problem solved. | 问题解决了 |
[03:09] | Yeah, easy for you to say. | 是啊 你说得容易 |
[03:11] | Can you imagine how much these servers are costing me | 你能想象就为了维持正常运转 |
[03:13] | just to keep this ship afloat? | 这些服务器花了我多少钱吗 |
[03:15] | Right, and every new user increases our server cost. | 没错 而且每个新用户都会增加服务器开销 |
[03:18] | Really? I’m sorry. | 是吗 不好意思 |
[03:20] | Is it hard to become a billionaire? | 成为亿万富翁这么难吗 |
[03:23] | Welcome to the Valley, assholes. | 欢迎来到硅谷 混蛋们 |
[03:27] | – Fuck. – What a dick. | -操 -真是个混蛋 |
[03:28] | Well, assuming we don’t get arrested, | 如果我们没有被捕 |
[03:31] | looks like we have to work our asses off | 那就得拼命工作 |
[03:32] | to reduce our hosting bill. | 削减运行费用 |
[03:37] | If you actually get to a million users… | 如果你真的达到一百万日活了… |
[03:40] | call me. My cell’s on the back. | 打给我 背面有我号码 |
[03:42] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[03:55] | Did you finish? | 你弄完了吗 |
[03:56] | Yeah, I just pushed my code. | 对 我刚推送了我的代码 |
[03:57] | Took me two fucking days, | 写代码花了我两天时间 |
[03:58] | but I broke up our entire code base into parallel services. | 但是我利用并行服务把代码库分散了 |
[04:01] | You know, this whole job would’ve been a lot easier | 要不是你设计了个垃圾服务器 |
[04:03] | if you hadn’t designed sloppy services in the first place. | 整个工作都会轻松很多 |
[04:06] | Oh, silly me. | 我真是傻 |
[04:07] | I guess when I hacked together | 我猜我写临时 |
[04:08] | the video chat as an in-house tool, | 内部视频聊天程序的时候 |
[04:10] | I didn’t foresee that hundreds of thousands of people | 没预见到会有几万几十万的人 |
[04:13] | would shit themselves over how fucking awesome it was. | 能被这程序惊掉下巴 |
[04:16] | I’ll never underestimate my talents again. | 我再也不会低估自己的天赋了 |
[04:18] | Don’t worry. I’ll continue to do it for you. | 别担心 我会继续低估你的 |
[04:21] | Less talk, more work, boys. | 少说话 多干活 小子们 |
[04:23] | I’m not paying you to coffee klatsch | 我付你们钱可不是为了让你们 |
[04:25] | like a bunch of fucking yentas. | 像长舌妇一样开茶话会的 |
[04:27] | You’re not paying us at all. | 你根本没给我们钱 |
[04:28] | I’m not paying you because you’re not the one | 我没给钱是因为 |
[04:30] | getting fucked face-first by your credit card company | 掏钱买着昂贵的亚马逊云服务 |
[04:32] | because of massive AWS hosting fees. | 被信用卡公司追债的不是你们 |
[04:35] | Well, you should bear 100 percent of the company’s cost, | 你拥有公司百分百的股权 |
[04:37] | seeing as you do own 100 percent of the company. | 公司的所有费用当然是你付 |
[04:40] | What’s taking you so long to give us our fucking shares? | 你怎么老是拖着不把股份分给我们 |
[04:43] | Recapping a company is complex. | 让一个企业重生十分复杂 |
[04:46] | But I assure you, Big Head and I are on the case. | 但我向你们保证 我和大头在努力解决 |
[04:48] | You better be. We’re not gonna work for free forever. | 最好快点 我们不会永远当免费劳动力 |
[04:53] | Hey, the Karachi Kid and I finished. | 我和卡拉奇小子做完了 |
[04:55] | Did you push your code? | 你推送了代码吗 |
[04:58] | Actually, no. | 说实话 没有 |
[04:59] | Well, Your Highness, could you please push your code? | 女王大人 烦请您把代码推送出去好吗 |
[05:02] | Well, I couldn’t push that code, | 我没法推送代码 |
[05:03] | because I didn’t write that code. | 是因为我没有写代码 |
[05:06] | What? We stayed up for two fucking days. | 什么 我们熬了两天夜 |
[05:08] | Why didn’t you write your code? | 你怎么不写代码 |
[05:10] | Well, because I was working on something much better. | 因为我做了更好的东西 |
[05:15] | So, I started to optimize our code | 我优化了我们的代码 |
[05:16] | to handle higher tr… | 让流量承载能力… |
[05:20] | You’re supposed to follow me. | 你们要跟我来才对 |
[05:24] | I, uh, I started to optimize our code | 我在优化我们的代码 |
[05:26] | to handle higher traffic. | 让程序能承载更高的流量 |
[05:27] | Then it occurred to me, | 然后我灵光一现 |
[05:28] | why rewrite our old code | 我明明能做一个 |
[05:30] | when I can build a new encoder | 不用损失大量信道和元数据的编码器 |
[05:32] | that doesn’t strip away a ton of channels and metadata. | 那为什么要重写我们的旧代码呢 |
[05:37] | So, I extended my compression algorithm | 所以 我把我的压缩算法拓展了一下 |
[05:40] | to support– get this– 12-bit color. | 使其支持 听好了 12位色 |
[05:46] | Okay, so our users will be able to experience | 好了 这样用户体验到的画质 |
[05:49] | a 10 percent increase in image quality | 就能提升百分之十 |
[05:52] | with absolutely no increase in server load whatsoever. | 而服务器负载丝毫不会提高 |
[05:55] | Just-Just-Just– Just watch this. | 你们来看看 |
[05:58] | Before. | 改造前 |
[05:59] | After. | 改造后 |
[06:00] | Before. | 改造前 |
[06:02] | After. | 改造后 |
[06:03] | Richard, I’m trying very hard | 理查德 我在努力控制自己 |
[06:06] | not to completely lose my shit right now. | 现在不要彻底抓狂 |
[06:08] | I get it. I get it. | 我明白 我明白 |
[06:09] | After every VC in town turned us down, | 在城里每家风投都拒绝我们后 |
[06:12] | we decided that the best way to stay alive | 我们说好了在达到一百万用户前 |
[06:15] | until we got to a million users was to cut server usage. | 维持经营的最好方式就是减少服务器负载 |
[06:20] | Remember that? | 记得吗 |
[06:21] | The whole reason that Gilfoyle and I | 我和吉尔弗约尔他妈地连熬了 |
[06:23] | stayed up for 48 fucking straight hours | 48小时的原因是想 |
[06:26] | was to decrease server load, | 减少服务器负载 |
[06:29] | not keep it the same. | 不是为了维持原样 |
[06:31] | Technically, the reason why we stayed up for two days | 严格来说 我们熬了两晚的原因 |
[06:33] | was to maximize our ability to get a million users, | 是为了尽快达到一百万用户 |
[06:36] | and I just did that. | 而我这方法可以 |
[06:38] | Because who doesn’t want 10 percent better image quality? | 谁不希望画质能增加百分之十呢 |
[06:41] | Who doesn’t want it? Everyone. | 谁不想要 没人想要 |
[06:43] | Everyone doesn’t want it! | 没人想要 |
[06:44] | We already have the best video chat. | 我们的通讯视频已经是最好的了 |
[06:46] | People are using this on their cellphones. | 这个软件是在手机上用的 |
[06:48] | They’re not gonna be able to tell the fucking difference. | 那点区别谁他妈能看出来 |
[06:50] | Guys, this is a better product, | 伙计们 这个产品更好 |
[06:52] | and I’m the CEO, | 而我是首席执行官 |
[06:53] | and I’m gonna say this is where we go. | 我决定这就是公司的方向 |
[06:55] | You fucking prick. | 你他妈混蛋 |
[06:57] | Guys… please be civil. | 伙计们 别爆粗口 |
[07:00] | You hate the video chat. | 你痛恨这个视频聊天应用 |
[07:01] | I don’t hate the video chat, Dinesh. | 我不讨厌这个视频聊天应用 迪尼希 |
[07:02] | You’ve always hated the video chat, | 你一直都讨厌这个应用 |
[07:04] | because it’s my thing, | 因为这是我做的 |
[07:05] | and you wanna rewrite it to make it all about you. | 而你想要重写一遍 把它变成你自己的 |
[07:06] | You’re fucking jealous. | 你他妈就是嫉妒 |
[07:08] | Jealous? Jealous? | 嫉妒 嫉妒 |
[07:10] | You built the video chat, | 视频聊天是你写的 |
[07:11] | I’ll give you that. Okay. | 这点我承认 行吧 |
[07:12] | You did, but you did it using my algorithm. | 你是写了 但用的是我的算法 |
[07:15] | Right, like when Picasso painted a masterpiece, | 是 就像毕加索画了幅巨作时 |
[07:17] | the guy who made the brushes and the paint | 功劳全归做出画笔 |
[07:19] | deserved all the credit, right? | 和颜料的人 对吧 |
[07:20] | So you’re Picasso now? | 你现在是毕加索了 |
[07:21] | I think I need to… leave, | 我想我得回避一下 |
[07:23] | but I love you guys. | 但我爱你们 |
[07:25] | Dinesh, I’m sorry, | 迪尼希 抱歉 |
[07:26] | but I think we should be doing a little bit more | 我认为我们该用这个革命性的压缩算法 |
[07:28] | with this revolutionary compression algorithm | 来做更多的事 而不仅是 |
[07:31] | than passable video chat. | 凑合的去的视频聊天 |
[07:32] | But we already did more, Richard. | 但我们已经做了更多了 理查德 |
[07:34] | It was called “The platform.” | 这个更多就是”平台” |
[07:36] | And it was exactly what you wanted to make, | 正是你想要做的 |
[07:38] | and it fucking failed, okay? | 但失败了 好吗 |
[07:40] | I’m sorry, but it’s bad enough | 很遗憾 但因为你我们拿不到 |
[07:42] | that we can’t get any funding because of you. | 任何赞助已经够糟糕的了 |
[07:44] | You’re killing us out there. | 我们外面的名声都被你搞坏了 |
[07:45] | Don’t also sabotage us in here, too. | 别在内部再来搞破坏了 |
[07:48] | Pied Piper is a video chat company. | 魔笛手是家视频聊天公司 |
[07:50] | Get your head around that. | 快点转过弯来 |
[07:55] | I’m quite certain I’ve never said this before. | 我很确定我从未这么说过 |
[07:59] | I agree with Dinesh. | 我赞同迪尼希 |
[08:07] | Well. | 好吧 |
[08:14] | Well, that was just a whole heap of fun. | 刚真的好开心啊 |
[08:17] | Ordinarily, I loathe coming to China, | 通常来说 我讨厌去中国 |
[08:19] | but when you close a deal like that, | 但当你谈下这样一笔生意时 |
[08:21] | it makes the whole trip a delight. | 整趟旅程就变成了一件乐事 |
[08:23] | Champagne, gentlemen? | 要香槟吗 先生们 |
[08:25] | I think that’s very much in order. | 正好该喝香槟庆祝 |
[08:29] | I know you don’t toot your own horn, | 我知道你不能自吹自擂 |
[08:30] | so I’ll do it for you. | 所以我就帮你代劳了 |
[08:32] | Here to you, Jack, | 敬你 杰克 |
[08:33] | and to your Hooli/Endframe box | 祝贺你的互利/尾帧盒子 |
[08:35] | becoming the most successful American data storage appliance | 成为在中国生产的最成功的 |
[08:39] | to ever be manufactured in China. | 美国数据储存设备 |
[08:42] | Toot-toot. | 干了 |
[08:44] | Watch your back, Jeff Bezos, here comes Hooli. | 当心了 杰夫·贝索斯 互利来了 |
[08:48] | All right, gentlemen… our flight today | 先生们 我们今天从上海飞往 |
[08:51] | from Shanghai to Moffett Field in Mountain View | 山景城莫菲特机场的旅程将历时 |
[08:53] | will be just over 11 hours, so if you’ll just– | 十一个小时多一点 所以如果你们 |
[08:55] | Oh, actually, I was headed up to Jackson Hole, | 其实 我早打算去杰克逊霍尔 |
[08:58] | see the wife and kids. | 看我的妻子和孩子 |
[08:59] | I– I was gonna charter up tomorrow, | 我原本是明天包机去的 |
[09:01] | but maybe you could ask the boys | 但或许你可以让飞行员 |
[09:04] | just to drop me off on the way? | 在路上放下我 |
[09:06] | Save me the trouble? | 省下不必要的麻烦 |
[09:07] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[09:10] | Well, and I mean, it’s really not a big deal, | 这其实也没什么 |
[09:12] | but since we are headed east, I think Jackson is further. | 但既然我们是往东飞 我想杰克逊更远 |
[09:15] | Maybe we’ll head to Moffett first, | 或许我们先去莫菲特 |
[09:17] | then have the guys hop you onto Jackson, okay? | 然后再让他们送你去杰克逊 行吗 |
[09:20] | Well– Well, actually, on flights like this, | 其实 飞这样的航班 |
[09:22] | the boys like to go over the Pole, | 飞行员喜欢飞越极点 |
[09:24] | so that, technically, is a little more north to south, | 这样的话 可以算是往北飞了 |
[09:26] | and Jackson is quite a bit further north. | 杰克逊更加靠北 |
[09:29] | So I think, maybe, just go to Jackson first, | 所以我想 或许先去杰克逊 |
[09:31] | then head on off to Moffett. That sound good? | 再继续飞去莫菲特 可以吗 |
[09:33] | – Of course. – Great. | -当然 -好极了 |
[09:35] | I’m gonna get a pillow. | 我去拿个枕头 |
[09:43] | You know what we desperately need is a palapa. | 我们极度需要一个帕拉帕 |
[09:47] | A ploppa? | 一个帕拉帕 |
[09:48] | A palapa. | 一个帕拉帕 |
[09:50] | It’s a Mexican structure with palm fronds. | 是一种用棕榈叶搭建的墨西哥建筑 |
[09:52] | It’s essentially a gazebo, | 其实就是个凉亭 |
[09:54] | but spicier and with a south- of-the-border kind of vibe. | 但带了点南国边境风味 |
[09:59] | I think it would make us feel less exposed. | 我觉得这能让我们感觉没那么暴露 |
[10:02] | And generally, I think it would be good for morale. | 而且有助于提高士气 |
[10:04] | Speaking of which, morale has not exactly been skyrocketing. | 说到这儿 士气没怎么见涨 |
[10:07] | So, we need to get this cap table done tout de suite. | 所以我们得马上搞定这个资产表 |
[10:11] | Richard and the fellows | 理查德和其他人 |
[10:12] | are entitled to 40 percent of the company. | 享有公司股份的百分之四十 |
[10:15] | Now, if we each give 20 percent, | 如果我们每人拿出百分之二十 |
[10:16] | we would still own 30 percent each. | 还能每人持有百分之三十 |
[10:19] | That seems fair. | 听起来很公平 |
[10:20] | Seems totally fair to me. | 听起来是很公平 |
[10:22] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[10:24] | Nope. Not gonna happen. | 不 我不同意 |
[10:26] | Mr. Bighetti, with all due respect, I– | 达头蒂先生 无意冒犯 我… |
[10:28] | If you had any respect, | 如果你真的无意冒犯 |
[10:30] | you wouldn’t have talked my son into wasting his money… | 你就不会劝我儿子浪费钱 |
[10:33] | again. | 重蹈覆辙 |
[10:34] | My son’s not giving up one share. | 我儿子一点股份也不会出 |
[10:36] | Not now, not ever. | 现在不会 永远不会 |
[10:38] | Mr. Bighetti, if you’re going to | 达头蒂先生 如果你想 |
[10:39] | control your son’s board seat, | 控制你儿子的董事会席位 |
[10:41] | these decisions have to be unanimous. | 这些决定需要达成一致 |
[10:43] | – You’re going to kill this comp– – i don’t care. | -你会害死这家公… -我不在乎 |
[10:46] | In my eyes, the company is already dead. | 在我看来 这家公司已经名存实亡了 |
[10:48] | Killed by you. | 就是被你害死的 |
[10:50] | That’s my edge. | 这是我的优势 |
[10:52] | If all I accomplish by doing this | 如果我这样做能让你 |
[10:53] | is making you as miserable as you’ve made me | 体会到我眼睁睁看着你榨干我儿子 |
[10:56] | watching you fleece my son, | 给我带来的痛苦 |
[10:59] | then I’m okay with that. | 那我无所谓了 |
[11:01] | He seems okay with that. | 他似乎无所谓 |
[11:02] | So you expect me to give the 40 percent | 你指望我从现有的百分之五十股份里 |
[11:05] | to the gents from my 50 percent, | 拿出百分之四十分给那些人 |
[11:07] | effectively leaving me with 10 percent? | 就给自己留百分之十吗 |
[11:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:11] | No. No, no, no. | 不 不不不 |
[11:13] | Then I would’ve invested 500 thou– a half of a million dollars | 那我花了五十万 |
[11:17] | just to end up where I started? | 又回到了起点 |
[11:19] | Unacceptable. | 绝不能接受 |
[11:21] | I can accept that. | 我可以接受 |
[11:23] | I’m going to bed. | 我要睡了 |
[11:24] | Good night, Brown Bear. | 晚安 熊宝宝 |
[11:26] | Love you, Papa Bear. | 我爱你 熊爸爸 |
[11:46] | Goddamn motherfucker. | 我操他妈的 |
[11:48] | I mean, the guys are right. I’m fucking up the company. | 他们说得对 我在亲手葬送公司的前途 |
[11:51] | I’m not helping in any way. | 一点忙也没帮上 |
[11:53] | You’re certainly not helping your cuticles by biting on them. | 咬手指头是没有用的 |
[11:56] | Your nail beds are gonna get infected. | 你的甲床会被感染的 |
[11:59] | Where’d you learn how to do this, anyway? | 话说你是怎么学会的这些 |
[12:01] | When I was on the street, it was a means of survival. | 我以前四处打拼时 这是一种生存手段 |
[12:06] | I don’t know, it’s just that… | 我不知道 只是… |
[12:08] | I mean, I almost killed us, | 我是说 我差点把咱们害死 |
[12:09] | the company, and that is so selfish. | 咱们的公司 这太自私了 |
[12:12] | I mean, if we have to get a million users, | 如果一定要拥有一百万用户 |
[12:14] | I need to get us funding, right now. | 我需要马上获得资金 |
[12:16] | How? We’ve already been turned down | 怎么获得 城里所有有声望的风投公司 |
[12:18] | by every respectable VC in town. | 都拒绝了我们 |
[12:23] | Who said anything about… respectable? | 谁说要找有声望的了 |
[12:28] | Oh, Richard, no. | 理查德 不 |
[12:30] | Fuck yes, I want to talk business. What’s the play? | 必须的 我想谈生意 什么情况 |
[12:32] | Let’s fuck this thing right in the pussy. | 有逼直操 有话直说 |
[12:35] | Thanks for meeting me here. | 谢谢你在这里和我见面 |
[12:36] | My fucking nanny got another DUI and lost her license, | 我那该死的保姆又酒驾了 被吊销了驾照 |
[12:38] | and I’m stuck picking up my own kid like an asshole. So what’s up? | 我跟个傻逼一样在这接孩子 什么事 |
[12:43] | Well, I know you wanted to buy Erlich’s Pied Piper shares | 我知道你过去一直想买埃利希的 |
[12:47] | back in the previous iteration, the platform. | ‘魔笛手’股份 那个平台 |
[12:49] | Well, I was hoping you would want to come on | 我希望你能继续投资 |
[12:50] | as a follow-on investor for the current platform. | 现在的平台 |
[12:53] | The video chat? | 那个视频通话 |
[12:54] | Yeah. It’s got a great tech. We’re growing like crazy. | 是的 技术很棒 涨势疯狂 |
[12:57] | In fact, that’s why we need funding, | 这正是我们需要投资的原因 |
[12:58] | to keep up with the users, | 平台发展要跟上用户增长 |
[12:59] | and I think it could be | 而且我认为 |
[13:01] | really good if we could just keep it going. | 如果能保持住这种势头前景会很棒 |
[13:03] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不这样想 |
[13:05] | What? | 什么 |
[13:06] | You don’t like it. | 你不喜欢这样 |
[13:07] | You don’t believe in this product you’re selling. | 你对你们的产品没有信心 |
[13:10] | Russ, no, that’s– It’s a good, sound business. | 罗斯 不 这是很棒的产品 |
[13:14] | As I said, the tech is great | 就像我所说的 技术非常棒 |
[13:15] | and all the guys are really behind it. | 而且所有人都很支持 |
[13:17] | But you’re not behind it, Richard. | 但是你不支持 理查德 |
[13:19] | I can tell, and as much as you want to be, you’re not. | 我能看出来 尽管你很想 但你并不支持 |
[13:22] | It’s like this. | 来打个比方 |
[13:24] | You’re trying to date a woman, | 你想跟女人约会 |
[13:26] | but deep down in your heart you know you’re gay. | 但在你内心深处 你知道你是同性恋 |
[13:29] | Deep in your soul, you know you would rather be plowing a dude! | 在你的灵魂深处 你知道自己宁可去操汉子 |
[13:32] | I don’t– I do– Okay, what dude? | 我不是…我…好吧 什么样的汉子 |
[13:35] | It could be any dude, as long as you really want to fuck him. | 可能是各种汉子 只要你想上他 |
[13:38] | It could be a– a twink, a bear, | 可能是 正太 熊男 |
[13:40] | an otter, a circuit queen, a chub, a pup, a gipster, | 毛男 交际花 肥仔 嫩草 基皮士 |
[13:43] | a daddy chaser, a leather man, a ladyboy, a Donald Duck. | 大叔控 皮衣男 人妖 唐老鸭 |
[13:46] | Donald Duck’s a gay guy who’s been kicked out of the Navy. | 唐老鸭指被海军开除的同性恋 |
[13:48] | H-How do you know so many gay things? | 你怎么对同性恋这么了解 |
[13:50] | My grandfather just came out of the closet. | 我祖父刚刚出柜 |
[13:51] | Beautiful. Very inspiring. | 很美好 非常正能量 |
[13:53] | But the point is, if you’re gonna spend all day fucking, | 重点是 如果你整天饥渴难耐 |
[13:56] | shouldn’t Pied Piper be a dude you wanna fuck? | 难道’魔笛手’不就应该是你想上的汉子吗 |
[14:00] | All right. Let’s do an exercise. | 好吧 我们做个练习 |
[14:02] | You’ve got unlimited time and resources, | 你有无限的时间与资源 |
[14:03] | you can build anything in the world | 你可以用你的压缩算法 |
[14:05] | you want with your compression, | 创造世界上的任何东西 |
[14:05] | anything at all, what’s it gonna be? | 什么都可以 你想创造什么 |
[14:07] | Three, two, one, go. Go, go, go. | 三 二 一 快说 |
[14:10] | – You said I have unlimited time? – Now. Now, now! | -你说我有无限的时间 -现在 快说 |
[14:13] | A new Internet. | 一个全新的互联网 |
[14:14] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[14:16] | Okay. Well, I haven’t really thought this through, so… | 好吧 我没有深入地思考 所以… |
[14:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:23] | – I own a telescope… – Of course you do. | -我有一架望远镜… -你当然有 |
[14:25] | …and I brought it out one night to look at the full moon. | 有天晚上我把它搬出来打算观看满月 |
[14:29] | – Of course you did. – And I got to thinking… | -当然 -我就在想… |
[14:32] | “Wow, we put a man on the moon | 天啊 我们把人类送上月球 |
[14:35] | using the computing power of a handheld calculator.” | 只用了一部手持计算器的运算能力 |
[14:39] | And then I thought, “Okay… | 然后我又想 好吧 |
[14:41] | “There’s literally millions of times | 我手机上的运算能力 |
[14:44] | “more computing power in my phone | 比那计算器强大数百万倍 |
[14:47] | and that’s just sitting in my pocket doing nothing.” Right? | 而它就躺在我的口袋里睡大觉呢 对吗 |
[14:50] | So then I thought, there’s, what, billions of phones | 所以我在想 世界上有数十亿部手机 |
[14:53] | all around the world with the same computing power | 它们有同样强大的运算能力 |
[14:56] | just sitting in people’s pockets. | 都躺在人们的口袋里 |
[14:58] | So then I thought, “What if we use all those phones | 所以我就想 如果我们用这些手机 |
[15:02] | to build a massive network?” | 建造一个巨大的网络会怎么样 |
[15:04] | And here’s the kicker: We use my compression algorithm | 其中关窍就是用我的压缩算法 |
[15:07] | to make everything small and efficient | 让一切都变得轻巧高效 |
[15:08] | to move things around, and… | 而且… |
[15:11] | if we could do it… | 如果我们能够做到 |
[15:12] | we could build a completely decentralized version | 我们就可以重建现有互联网 |
[15:16] | of our current Internet, with no firewalls, | 但完全去中心化 没有防火墙 |
[15:19] | no tolls, no government regulation, no spying. | 没有使用费 没有政府监管 没有监控 |
[15:24] | Information… | 信息… |
[15:25] | would be totally free in every sense of the word. | 将变成真正意义上的完全自由 |
[15:29] | You wanna build a new Internet? | 你想创造一个全新的互联网 |
[15:32] | – Yeah, it’s– – Richard, I like it. | -是啊 这 -理查德 我喜欢这点子 |
[15:35] | That I would fund. | 我会为这个投资的 |
[15:36] | Well, I-I– I don’t know if it’s possible, and– | 其实 我不知道这是否可行 而且… |
[15:38] | Look, if this new Internet is the man of your dreams | 看 如果这个新互联网就是你梦中的男人 |
[15:41] | and this is the man that you wanna fuck, | 是你想上的那个男人 |
[15:42] | then you need to fuck him. | 那你就去上了他 |
[15:44] | That man I will pay you to fuck. | 我会付钱让你去操他 |
[15:46] | Where the fuck is that kid? | 我孩子他妈去哪了 |
[15:48] | Wait a minute. | 等下 |
[15:50] | Aw, shit. | 该死 |
[15:52] | They kicked us out of this place. | 这学校已经不让我们念了 |
[15:53] | I’m at the wrong fucking school. | 我来错学校了 |
[15:56] | Richard, you find that man, fuck him good. | 理查德 找到那个男人 好好上他一回 |
[16:01] | Careful please. He’s gonna peel out. | 请小心 他要飙走了 |
[16:10] | Monica, I need to– | 莫妮卡 我要… |
[16:13] | You’re not… | 你不是… |
[16:14] | Monica? No. Thank God. | 莫妮卡 感谢上帝我不是 |
[16:17] | I’m Ed Chen. | 我是爱德·陈 |
[16:18] | Laurie put me in the good office | 劳里让我来这个好办公室 |
[16:19] | and moved Monica down the hall. | 让莫妮卡搬去走廊那头了 |
[16:22] | Way down the hall. | 走廊的最尽头 |
[16:25] | Okay. Sorry. | 好的 抱歉 |
[16:27] | You’re gonna listen to Russ Hanneman? | 你要听罗斯·汉纳曼说的吗 |
[16:30] | Richard, you sound like a crazy person. | 理查德 你听起来像个疯子 |
[16:32] | I know, but– but Russ is right. | 我知道 但 罗斯是对的 |
[16:34] | I mean, I hate the video chat. I really do. | 我不喜欢视频聊天 真的不喜欢 |
[16:37] | What? | 怎么了 |
[16:40] | You can see right into the– | 你正好可以看到– |
[16:41] | Yeah, I’m very aware. | 是的 我很清楚 |
[16:43] | Laurie is punishing me for taking your side | 罗里要惩罚我因为我支持你 |
[16:45] | and going against her, so she moved me down here | 而反对她 所以她让我搬到这 |
[16:49] | and gave my office to that little | 并且把我的办公室给了那个 |
[16:51] | brownnosing shit, Ed Chen. | 马屁精 爱德华·陈 |
[16:53] | Anyway, Richard, you’re not gonna seriously go home | 说回来 理查德 你真的打算现在回去 |
[16:55] | and tell the guys in your company | 告诉你公司里那帮人 |
[16:57] | that even though your user rates are skyrocketing | 即使你们现在的用户数飞速增长 |
[16:59] | that you wanna pivot. | 你却想要转做别的 |
[17:00] | For the past 48 hours, | 在过去的48小时里 |
[17:02] | I’ve been trying to rewrite the core video chat code, | 我一直在尽力重写视频聊天的核心代码 |
[17:04] | and I literally can’t. | 但我真的办不到 |
[17:06] | Instead of typing, I just bite my fingernails. | 我只是在咬指甲 而不是打代码 |
[17:08] | I think, subconsciously, | 我想 在潜意识里 |
[17:10] | I would rather bite my own fingers off | 我宁愿把自己的指头都啃掉 |
[17:12] | than work on this platform. | 也不愿意做这个平台 |
[17:13] | Richard, I know people who have spent | 理查德 我知道有人的整个职业生涯 |
[17:15] | their entire careers chasing after an app | 都投入在做一款应用程序 |
[17:17] | with this kind of growth rate and never hit it. | 能有你们这样的增长率 但从未企及 |
[17:20] | It’s a really good product. | 这个真的是很好的产品 |
[17:21] | That may be, but it’s not for me. | 也许吧 但它不适合我 |
[17:25] | And look, I know these guys are my friends, | 听着 我知道这些人是我的朋友 |
[17:27] | but they’re also my employees, and it’s my company. | 但他们也是我的员工 这是我的公司 |
[17:30] | So… if I say we have to pivot, we pivot. | 所以…如果我说要转做别的 那就得转 |
[17:34] | Okay. I-I– I have to go. | 好了 我 我要走了 |
[17:37] | All right. Well, if you’re sure, | 好的 如果你确定 |
[17:37] | then tell them and then call me and tell– | 告诉他们然后给我打个电话– |
[17:39] | What? No, I– I have to go. | 什么 不 我要去那[洗手间] |
[17:41] | There’s another men’s room on the fourth floor. | 在四楼还有一个男洗手间 |
[17:44] | Right. ‘Cause then you would’ve seen mine twice. | 也好 要不然就被你看下面两次了 |
[17:52] | I mean, we’re all thinking it, right? | 我们都在想同一件事 对吧 |
[17:55] | Richard is fucking with a product that is working. | 理查德一直在对已入正轨的产品捣乱 |
[17:58] | He should not be the CEO of this company. | 不该让他做这个公司的首席执行官 |
[18:01] | I understand your concerns, | 我理解你的担心 |
[18:02] | but is this the time that we fire Richard? | 但我们非要在现在这个时候开掉理查德吗 |
[18:05] | Is this the moment that I become the CEO? | 这将是我坐上首席执行官宝座的时刻吗 |
[18:08] | You? Why you? | 你 为什么是你 |
[18:09] | It’s a simple process of elimination. | 简单的排除法 |
[18:12] | Gilfoyle, as an anarchist | 吉尔弗约尔是无政府主义 |
[18:13] | would never accept a position of authority | 他绝不会接受任何官方机构的 |
[18:16] | – in any official organization. – None. | -领导职位 -绝不会 |
[18:18] | And you, of course, are out of the picture, | 而你 当然也排除了 |
[18:20] | because Gilfoyle would never allow it. | 因为吉尔弗约尔是绝不会同意的 |
[18:22] | Yeah, that’s true. | 是的 没错 |
[18:24] | And Jared, he’d sooner commit hara-kiri than… | 贾里德 他宁愿立马切腹自杀也不要… |
[18:27] | replace little baby Richard. | 取代他的心肝儿理查德 |
[18:29] | So that leaves me. | 这样就只剩下我了 |
[18:30] | And honestly, gents, who would you rather have | 说实话 先生们 你们更愿意让谁 |
[18:32] | defending your four percent stake in the company… | 来捍卫你们在公司的百分之四的股权… |
[18:35] | – Five. – What? | -百分之五 -什么 |
[18:36] | – Five percent. – You said four. Was it… | -五个百分点 -你之前说四个 你 |
[18:39] | You said three, and then you had… | 你说三个点 然后你就… |
[18:40] | – No, it’s five. – Five. | -就是五个点 -五个 |
[18:42] | You know what? I’m gonna back channel, | 这么着吧 我再回去研究研究 |
[18:44] | look at some notes, and we’ll get to it. | 查查会议记录 然后我们再细谈 |
[18:47] | In the meantime, if and when… | 与此同时 如果到时候… |
[18:51] | we are to depose Richard, I am his obvious heir. | 我们决定罢免理查德后 显然我接任最合适 |
[18:54] | Erlich, no offense, | 埃利希 没别的意思 |
[18:55] | but the board is you, Richard, and my dad, right? | 董事会里只有你 理查德和我爸是吧 |
[19:00] | So, I think that means you and my dad | 那我想这就意味着你和我爸 |
[19:03] | would have to agree on who replaces Richard, | 必须就理查德的继任人选达成一致 |
[19:05] | and pretty sure my dad would, like, never approve you. | 而我非常十分肯定我爸死也不会支持你的 |
[19:08] | – It’s just not gonna happen. – Thank you. | -完全没这个可能 -谢你全家 |
[19:10] | – Yeah. – There is someone else. | -不客气 -还有一个人选 |
[19:14] | Someone who has zero strikes against him. | 这个人完全没有任何不良记录 |
[19:16] | Someone who has held high-level positions | 而且曾经在全硅谷顶尖的 |
[19:18] | at one of the biggest tech companies in the Valley. | 科技公司里担任过高级职务 |
[19:23] | Someone who’s been on the cover | 这个人还登上了 |
[19:24] | of one of the most prestigious tech publications in the world. | 全世界公信力最高的科技刊物之一的封面 |
[19:30] | He sounds awesome. | 听起来好厉害 |
[19:31] | Could we get him? | 能把他请来吗 |
[19:36] | And as of now, we’ve got the votes… | 眼下我们争取到了足够多的 |
[19:37] | of enough key Malaysian ministers | 马来西亚重要高官的支持票 |
[19:39] | to proceed with construction, | 可以继续进行建设 |
[19:41] | but that support is time-critical. | 但是他们的支持随时会变 |
[19:43] | Carol’s right. | 卡罗尔说得对 |
[19:44] | We’d have to break ground before monsoon season | 我们得赶在季风季到来之前破土动工 |
[19:46] | or else the entire project could collapse. | 不然整个工程都会停摆 |
[19:49] | So, what do you think? | 那么您怎么看 |
[19:54] | Sorry. About what? | 抱歉 看什么 |
[19:56] | About the factory. | 我们的工厂 |
[19:59] | The factory. | 工厂啊 |
[20:01] | The factory… | 这个工厂啊… |
[20:05] | Excuse me for a moment. | 失陪一下 |
[20:09] | – So, what have you got? – Well, sir, I did as you asked. | -结果怎样 -我按照您的要求做了 |
[20:11] | I flew the company plane to Shanghai, | 我坐公司的飞机去了上海 |
[20:13] | then Moffett, then Jackson Hole. | 然后飞到墨菲特 然后再飞到杰克逊霍尔 |
[20:15] | Then I flew back to Shanghai, then to Jackson Hole, | 然后我又飞回上海 先飞回杰克逊霍尔 |
[20:18] | then to Moffett, which is where I just landed. | 后飞到墨菲特 刚落地就赶过来了 |
[20:21] | – And? – Moffett is 28.3 minutes closer. | -结果 -飞墨菲特的时间短28.3分钟 |
[20:26] | I fucking knew it! | 我他妈就知道 |
[20:27] | Barker should’ve dropped you off first, sir. | 巴克应该先送您到目的地 先生 |
[20:28] | Wait. What about headwinds or storm activity? | 等等 路上有遇到顶风或者风暴活动的吗 |
[20:32] | I don’t want to give him any room to wriggle out of this. | 我不想给他一丁点狡辩翻身的机会 |
[20:34] | Here’s what I’m gonna need you to do. | 接下来我要你这么做 |
[20:35] | Fly each leg five more times and average them. | 把每条航线各飞五次 然后求平均值 |
[20:38] | It’s the only way to be sure. | 只有这样才能确定 |
[20:39] | And we’re not concerned with the expense | 我们不用考虑下 |
[20:40] | of 20 more private transcontinental flights? | 再来20次跨大洲飞行的费用吗 |
[20:43] | Of course we are. | 我们当然要 |
[20:44] | Jack Barker is costing the shareholders of this company a fortune, | 杰克·巴克浪费了我们公司股东们不少钱 |
[20:48] | and he must be stopped. | 必须要阻止他 |
[20:49] | I’ll go back to Moffett right now. | 我马上回墨菲特登机 |
[20:51] | Good. Call me each time you’re in Shanghai. | 很好 你每次到了上海给我打电话 |
[20:52] | – I’ll see you in a week. – Yes, sir. | -一周后见 -好的先生 |
[21:09] | Guys? | 各位 |
[21:10] | Shit, he came in the back. | 可恶 他从后门进来了 |
[21:14] | Richard, we need to talk. | 理查德 我们得谈谈 |
[21:16] | Well, actually, let me just say something first here. | 其实请让我先说几句 |
[21:20] | I don’t think Pied Piper should be a video chat company. | 我不认为’魔笛手’应该成为视频聊天公司 |
[21:23] | The balls on you. | 你逊毙了 |
[21:25] | Richard, we’ve all decided you are out. | 理查德 我们一致同意罢免你 |
[21:29] | Big Head is in. | 由大头接任 |
[21:31] | Not my call. | 不是我的主意 |
[21:32] | Richard, we just can’t keep fucking pivoting. | 理查德 我们不能再这么频繁转变业务了 |
[21:34] | – We won’t do it again. – Just wait for a second, okay? | -我们不能再转型了 -等下听我说完 |
[21:36] | Just– You’re not getting it. Please. | 只是 你没明白 拜托听我说 |
[21:39] | Uh, I’m quitting. | 我要辞职 |
[21:41] | Wait. What? | 等下 你说什么 |
[21:43] | Richard, I was waiting out front! | 理查德 我一直在外面等你 |
[21:45] | They want to ambush you and replace you with Big Head, | 他们要埋伏你并用大头替换你 |
[21:47] | but I had nothing to do with it. | 但我一点都没参与 |
[21:49] | Again, not my call. | 重申下 不是我的决定 |
[21:52] | I was ready to fight you guys, | 我本做好准备跟你们抗争了 |
[21:54] | but then, on the way home, it occurred to me | 但在回家的路上 我想到 |
[21:57] | there might be a better way. | 可能有更好的解决办法 |
[22:00] | I’m going to start my own company. | 我要自己重开间公司 |
[22:01] | I will give up all of my equity in the video chat | 只要让我拿回我的压缩算法的所有权 |
[22:05] | if I get to completely own my algorithm. | 我会放弃我在视频聊天所占的所有股份 |
[22:10] | I will grant you guys a perpetual license | 我会给你们永久使用许可 |
[22:12] | to use the algorithm in your video chat, | 让你们在视频软件中使用我的算法 |
[22:14] | but I need the algorithm to build something else. | 但我要用我的算法构建别的东西 |
[22:18] | And look, forget a million users, | 听着 不用再担心拿到一百万用户 |
[22:20] | with me out of the company, | 等我离开了公司 |
[22:21] | you guys would be able to raise money, no problem. | 你们肯定能拿到投资 绝没问题 |
[22:23] | And that way, everybody wins. | 这样的话 所有人都得利 |
[22:25] | So we can use the algorithm, | 所以我们的视频聊天软件 |
[22:27] | free and clear, for video chat? | 可以一直免费无限期使用算法吗 |
[22:30] | – Yes. – I mean, we– we shouldn’t even be talking about this. | -没错 -我说 我们都不应该讨论这个 |
[22:33] | And you would leave behind your 25 percent, | 而你会放弃你那半分之25的原始股 |
[22:36] | thus giving me enough equity to compensate the boys fairly | 这样我就有足够的股权来公平补偿这帮人 |
[22:40] | and Big Head’s father would retain his 50 percent? | 而大头的父亲可以继续持有他那半分之50 |
[22:42] | I think that’s right. Yes. | 听上去没错 对 |
[22:44] | And I would own 10 percent of your new company. | 而你新公司的半分之十归我 |
[22:46] | Wait. What? Why? | 等下 什么 为什么 |
[22:47] | The algorithm was developed here in the Incubator. | 你的算法是在孵化器里开发出来的 |
[22:49] | Richard, shame on you. | 理查德 丢人啊你 |
[22:51] | Well, dealbreaker. Let’s– Should we get some food? | 看来谈不拢了 我们去吃点东西吧 |
[22:54] | No, no. That’s okay. It’s fine. | 不不 好的 没问题 |
[22:56] | And I’m here for advice, | 还有我来提点建议 |
[22:58] | or advice for the new CEO, whoever that may be. | 为新任首席执行官的人选 不论是谁都行 |
[23:01] | To wit, uh… | 那就是说 |
[23:03] | I know it’s probably not my place to give this suggestion, | 我知道可能不该由我来提这个建议 |
[23:05] | but I think it should be Dinesh. | 但我觉得应该是迪尼希 |
[23:07] | – What? – What? | -什么 -什么 |
[23:08] | – What? – What? | -什么 -你说什么 |
[23:09] | – Yeah. Sorry, Big Head. – What? | -对 抱歉大头 -啥 |
[23:11] | Yeah. Dinesh, you were the one that hacked together | 对 迪尼希 视频聊天功能 |
[23:13] | the video chat in the first place. | 是你一开始开发出来的 |
[23:14] | You know the product inside and out. | 你最了解这个产品 |
[23:16] | You are the horse that I would bet on. | 你是我会押注的那匹黑马 |
[23:19] | You really think so? | 你真这么认为吗 |
[23:20] | I do. | 真的 |
[23:21] | I’m down. Gilfoyle? | 我同意 吉尔弗约尔呢 |
[23:25] | Gilfoyle, | 吉尔弗约尔 |
[23:26] | can I please be CEO of Pied Piper? | 求你让我做’魔笛手’的首席执行官吧 |
[23:29] | Spoken like a true leader. | 你得像真正的领袖一样说话 |
[23:31] | But since your failure as a leader is a virtual certainty, | 但既然你是个失败的领导还不是既成事实 |
[23:36] | tolerating your short reign as CEO | 先容忍下让你短期登顶首席 |
[23:38] | in exchange for a front-row seat to the disaster seems fair. | 换来在你大祸临头时能看个痛快 挺值的 |
[23:43] | Plus, if I’m wrong, which I’m not… | 再说 如果我错了 但其实我没有 |
[23:45] | I get rich. So I’m down with it, Dinesh. | 我就发财了 所以我同意 迪尼希 |
[23:48] | Jared, what do you think about this? | 贾里德 你怎么想 |
[23:49] | I think this is crazy. | 我觉得这太疯狂了 |
[23:52] | I left my job at Hooli to– to come work with you, Richard. | 我从’互利’辞职来跟你一起工作 理查德 |
[23:55] | And– and now you’re leaving? | 而现在你却要走了 |
[23:56] | Look, these guys, they’re gonna need you, | 听着 这些人会很需要你 |
[23:58] | so if you want to support me, you support them. | 所以如果你想支持我 那就继续支持他们 |
[24:01] | Think you can do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[24:03] | I’ve always been very adept | 我一直都还 |
[24:04] | at taking the shape of whatever shoe was pressed down upon me, | 挺逆来顺受的 |
[24:08] | so I can try to make it work. | 我可以试着做做看 |
[24:10] | Then it’s settled. | 那就这么定了 |
[24:11] | Dinesh is the new CEO of Pied Piper. | 迪尼希出人新一届’魔笛手’首席执行官 |
[24:15] | Actually, just one last thing. | 对了 还有件事 |
[24:17] | I think you guys should call yourselves PiperChat. | 我建议你们把应用改名叫’魔笛聊’ |
[24:20] | I’m gonna have to insist that I keep the name Pied Piper, | 我坚持由我保留’魔笛手’这个名字 |
[24:22] | and I won’t budge on that. | 这点我绝不退让 |
[24:24] | – Yeah, it’s totally fine. – Okay, yeah. | -没问题 -行 随便 |
[24:25] | – That’s fine. – Who gives a shit? Terrible fucking name. | -行 -随便 那傻逼名字 |
[24:28] | Let’s get to work. | 开干吧 |
[24:30] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你们 |
[24:32] | So, wait. I don’t have to be CEO, right? | 等等 所以我不用当首席执行官了是吧 |
[24:35] | Dinesh is going to do that? | 交给迪尼希了吗 |
[24:38] | All right. Let’s figure out how this gets split up. | 好了 来讨论下怎么分吧 |
[24:47] | Jared… | 贾里德 |
[24:48] | Go. | 去吧 |
[24:50] | Go on, man. | 快去 |
[24:52] | Get out of here. | 快走吧 |
[24:56] | Dinesh, you’ll get five percent. | 迪尼希 你拿五个点 |
[24:57] | Gilfoyle, five percent. | 吉尔弗约尔 五个点 |
[24:59] | – Jared, five percent. – Yeah. Okay, | -贾里德 五个点 -行 |
[25:01] | so we all get five, not four. | 所以大家都拿五个点 不是四 |
[25:03] | Now you said– you said four? | 你…你刚是说四个点吗 |
[25:05] | No, five. I said five. | 不 我说五个点 |
[25:08] | Jared, can we get five more engineers? | 贾里德 能再招五个工程师吗 |
[25:10] | That’s– That would come out of Jared’s percentage. | 那…那就从贾里德的五个点扣了 |
[25:12] | No. | 不 |
[25:36] | You wanted to see me, Skipper? | 老大 你找我吗 |
[25:38] | I did indeed. | 没错 |
[25:39] | Jack, I appreciate everything you’ve done | 杰克 我很感激你 |
[25:41] | in your position as head of the Hooli/Endframe box, | 身为互利/尾帧盒子负责人所做的一切 |
[25:44] | but I think the company’s needs are better suited | 可我觉得 给你升职 |
[25:48] | if I move you elsewhere. | 更有利公司发展 |
[25:50] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[25:52] | Well, I appreciate the vote of confidence, GB. | 我很感激你对我的认同 盖总 |
[25:55] | I’m flattered. | 受宠若惊 |
[25:57] | Frankly, little bit surprised. | 老实说 还有点惊讶 |
[25:59] | Why would you be surprised? | 有什么好惊讶的 |
[26:00] | Can you think of any reason why you don’t deserve a promotion? | 你说说看我有什么理由不升你职呢 |
[26:03] | I mean, anything at all? | 随便说 |
[26:05] | I don’t want to hurt my arm patting myself on the back, | 我倒不是自吹自擂 |
[26:08] | but… right off the top of my head… | 可我也有想到… |
[26:13] | No, I guess not. | 没 没有理由 |
[26:15] | I mean, you’ve always been straight with me, right? | 你向来对我都是有话直说的对吧 |
[26:17] | Straight to the point. | 直达目的地 |
[26:19] | I sure have. | 当然 |
[26:20] | And you’ve always gone out of your way for me, yes? | 你也向来对我都是尽心尽力的对吧 |
[26:24] | Always put me first? Gone the extra mile? | 把我放第一位 宁愿自己绕弯路 |
[26:28] | Gosh… I sure tried. | 天啊 那是当然 |
[26:31] | Did you? | 是吗 |
[26:36] | All right, Jack. | 好了 杰克 |
[26:38] | Professor. Gary in HR will set you up. | 教授 人事的加里会给你安排好的 |
[26:40] | Enjoy your new offices. | 好好享受你的新办公室吧 |
[26:42] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢老大 |
[27:28] | Would you like to see your desk? | 来看下你的办公位吧 |
[27:30] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:45] | Here it is. | 就这儿 |
[27:48] | This is your desk. | 你的办公位 |