时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | The daedalus. | Daedalus(希腊神话:代达罗斯)。 |
[00:06] | It has a few advantages over the prometheus. | 它比Prometheus.更为先进。 |
[00:08] | The more advanced alien technologies | 更多先进的外星技术被集成 |
[00:10] | were integrated into the original design | 而不仅仅是添加进了这一设计中, |
[00:12] | rather than tacked on after the fact. | |
[00:13] | When’s it going to be ready? | 它什么时候能准备好? |
[00:15] | Well, they’re already testing the asgard hyperdrive. | 呃, 他们已经在测试 Asgard 超光速引擎了。 |
[00:17] | As soon as that checks out, she’ll be good to go. | 检验合格后,它就可以使用了。 |
[00:20] | Hopefully, we all get to go this time. | 我们有希望这次一块儿去。 |
[00:22] | Last time, they were worried | 上一次,他们担心我们的力量过于分散。 |
[00:23] | about spreading our resources too thin. | |
[00:25] | Yeah, now that Anubis is gone, the replicators are gone… | 是啊, 现在 Anubis 不在了, Replicators 也不在了。 |
[00:27] | There’s still a few system lords out there, | 只有少数的System Lords在那了, |
[00:29] | but without their Jaffa armies, | 而且没有Jaffa的部队, |
[00:30] | they’ve lost most of their power. | 他们已经失去了大部分力量。 |
[00:32] | Indeed. | 是的。 |
[00:33] | [TELEPHONE RINGING] | |
[00:36] | Carter. | |
[00:37] | Yeah, hold on. | 是的, |
[00:39] | It’s for you. | 别挂。 找你的 |
[00:41] | Hello? Yeah. Hi. | 喂? 是, Hi! |
[00:46] | What? | 什么? |
[00:48] | No. I was just talking to her last week. | 不, 我只是上周刚刚和她谈过。 |
[00:53] | Yeah, I… I’ll be there. | 是的,我会去, |
[00:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢。 |
[00:59] | What is it? | Sam: 怎么了? |
[01:01] | Catherine Langford | Catherine Langford died last night. |
[01:23] | [♪♪] | 昨晚去世了。 《星际之门 第1代:SG1》 |
[02:18] | Catherine Langford was more than just kind and generous. | Catherine Langford 是那样的仁慈和慷慨, |
[02:23] | She had a gift… | 她有着 |
[02:25] | Of an endless, open-minded, child-like curiosity. | 无尽开阔的天才头脑,孩子般的好奇心。 |
[02:30] | She saw the world not for what it was, | 她眼中的这个世界并非是它现在的样子, |
[02:32] | but for what it could be, | 而是它能够成为的样子, |
[02:35] | and she saw potential in people that others failed to recognize. | 并且她看到了其他人所没有认识到的人的潜力。 |
[02:42] | Like her father before her, | 就像以前她父亲那样, |
[02:44] | her contributions to science have changed the world more than most people know. | 她对科学的贡献已经比人们所知更多地改变了世界。 |
[02:48] | I, for one, have no idea where I would be today if I’d never met her. | 而我就是其中之一,如果从未遇到她, 我不知道今天自己会在哪里。 |
[02:53] | She changed my life in more ways than I ever could have imagined. | 她用比我曾经能够想像的更多方式改变了我的生活。 |
[03:15] | Dr. Jackson? | 啊, |
[03:17] | Hi. Hi. | Jackson 博士? |
[03:19] | I’m Sabrina gosling. I’m Catherine’s niece. | 我是 Sabrina Gosling. 我是Catherine的侄女。 |
[03:21] | Oh, yes, of course. | 哦,是的,当然。 |
[03:23] | I just wanted to thank you for coming, | 我非常感谢你的到来,和发言。 |
[03:25] | and for speaking. | |
[03:26] | I know she would have really appreciated it. | 我想她一定会很感激的。 |
[03:29] | No, it was a… It was an honor. | 不, 这是她的荣誉。 |
[03:34] | You know, my aunt used to talk about you all the time. | 你知道, 我婶婶不论什么时候总是习惯提起你。 |
[03:37] | [CHUCKLING] It’s funny. I always used to picture | 是有趣,我一直把你想像成”印第安纳的琼斯”的类型, |
[03:39] | some Indiana Jones-type | |
[03:40] | with a bullwhip and a pistol | 拿着鞭子和手枪,在古庙中和坏人搏斗。 |
[03:42] | chasing bad guys through some ancient temple. | |
[03:45] | Yeah, well, I generally leave the whip at home, so… | 呃, 我通常把鞭子留在家里,所以… |
[03:47] | Right. Yeah, me too. | 真的, 我也是。 |
[03:51] | Um… | 呃, |
[03:53] | She, uh, wanted you to have this. | 她想让你拿着这个。 |
[04:00] | No, you’re family, you shou… you should keep that. | 不, 你们是亲属。 你应该留着它。 |
[04:03] | She thought of you like a son. | 她把你当儿子看待的。 |
[04:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢你。 |
[04:16] | There are a few other odds and ends | 还有一些零七八碎的东西, |
[04:18] | she wanted me to give you, | 她也让我交给你, |
[04:20] | but I wasn’t able to bring them today. | 但是我今天没法把它们带来。 |
[04:22] | Is there an address where I could send them? | 有没有地址,我好把它们送过去? |
[04:24] | Yeah, of course. | 是的,当然。 |
[04:26] | Great. Jack? Daniel. | 太好了。 |
[04:38] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了? |
[04:40] | You been shopping online lately? | 最近,你在网上购物了吗? |
[04:42] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[04:43] | Well, you’ve got a little delivery here. | 呃,你在这有一些快递。 |
[04:45] | It’s from Catherine’s estate. | 那是Catherine的东西。 |
[04:47] | Yeah, kind of looks like she sent the whole thing. | 是的。 看上去她把整个家都送过来了。 |
[04:53] | Holy… buckets. | 天呐! |
[04:58] | Looks like her entire collection. | 看上去像是她全部的收藏。 |
[05:03] | I prefer stamps. | 我更喜欢邮票。 |
[05:09] | Now, in addition, we discovered several grains of troilite | 另外,我们发现了一些 grains of trilight, |
[05:13] | and a mesostasis phase, | 以及一个含有微米水晶的 mesal-stasus |
[05:14] | phase 。 which contained micrometer crystals. | |
[05:18] | Mm… | 嗯…. |
[05:19] | Now, it’s undergoing further testing, | 目前我们正在对它进行进一步测试, |
[05:21] | but we hope to have the results on your desk first thing tomorrow morning. | 但是我们希望明天早上第一件事就是在你桌上拿到结果。 |
[05:24] | Don’t you keep me waiting. | (讽刺地): 别让我等着! |
[05:26] | No, sir. | 不会的,长官。这里就是事情真正开始有趣的地方了, |
[05:27] | Now, here’s where things get really interesting, because you’ll notice… | 因为你会注意到,在这个…. |
[05:30] | Jack, we need to… We need to talk. | Jack! 我们需要谈谈! |
[05:32] | Oh! Sorry for interrupting. | 噢! 抱歉打断你们。 |
[05:34] | No! It’s okay. | 不!! |
[05:36] | If it’s important, you must interrupt. | 没关系的! |
[05:39] | You must. | 如果重要,你必须打断! 你必须。 |
[05:40] | I think we may have found a zpm. | 我想我们可能会找到一个ZPM。 |
[05:42] | Yes! | |
[05:45] | Great stuff with the rocks. | 石头不错! |
[05:47] | Go. | 走吧。 |
[05:50] | Among the items Catherine left me, | 在Catherine |
[05:52] | this one in particular caught my attention. | 留给我的东西中, 我注意到有一件很特殊。 |
[05:54] | It’s an original 1889 edition of the eye of the sun. | 是一本1889年原版的《太阳之眼》。 |
[05:57] | It’s, uh, the only one in known existence. | 这是目前所知仅存的一本。书中详细记述了远古的太阳神 |
[05:59] | Ra It details the customs and rituals | |
[06:02] | observed by the ancient worshipers of the sun god, ra. | 的崇拜者们所遵从的风俗和宗教仪式 |
[06:05] | Now, while I was flipping through the pages, | 现在,当我快速浏览书页的时候,我注意到 |
[06:07] | I noticed this… | 这个.. |
[06:11] | It appears to be a zero-point module. | 它看来是个 Zero Point Module(零点模块ZPM) |
[06:13] | The worshipers of ra referred to it as “the heart of light.” | Ra的崇拜者, |
[06:15] | This is a reproduction of a wall painting discovered by German archeologists in 1885. | 提到它是光的中心。 |
[06:19] | It was destroyed in a museum fire 10 years later. | 这是一幅壁画的复制品,是1885年被一名德国考古学家发现的。 十年后,在一场博物馆大火中被毁。 |
[06:21] | But the zpm was never found? | 但是ZPM从没有被发现?Daniel: |
[06:23] | No. | 没有。 |
[06:29] | We did an extensive satellite sweep of the giza plateau, | 我们对吉萨高原进行了一次大范围的卫星扫描,寻找一个能源信号, |
[06:31] | searching for an energy signature | 就像我们在Taelnas附近找到的那个ZPM所发射出的那样。 |
[06:33] | like the one given off by the zpm we found near taonas. | 即使被土石所掩埋, |
[06:36] | Even if it’s buried under dirt and rock, we should’ve been able to detect it. | 我们也应该能够探测到它了。 |
[06:40] | We found nothing. | 什么也没找着。 |
[06:42] | I’m sorry, Daniel, but if it’s there, it’s probably been depleted. | 我很遗憾Daniel, 但是如果它在那儿, 它也可能被耗光了。 |
[06:45] | No, I don’t think so. | 不, 我不这么认为。 |
[06:46] | According to the text, it was a religious artifact, an icon. | 根据原文, 它是一个人造宗教物品, |
[06:49] | It was never used as a power source. | 一个象征。 它从未被当作能量源来使用。 |
[06:51] | It is possible ra simply took the device with him when he left earth. | 有这种可能, Ra在离开地球时,只是想把它带上。 |
[06:53] | In which case, it could be anywhere by now. | 如果这么说, 它现在可能在任何地方。 |
[06:58] | We don’t know where it is now, but we do know where it was… | 我们不知道它现在在哪, 但是我们知道它曾经在哪。 |
[07:03] | Giza, 3000 b.C. | Giza(吉萨) 公元前3000年。 |
[07:07] | You can’t be serious. | 你不是当真的吧。 |
[07:08] | What? It’s the only way. | 什么? 这是唯一的办法。Jack: 什么? |
[07:10] | What? No, we agreed. | 不, 我们同意。 |
[07:12] | If I have to say “what” one more time, heads are going to roll. | 如果我不得不再说一次“什么”的话,我的头都要大了! |
[07:15] | We have a time machine. We can go back and get the zpm. | 我们有一台时间机器。我们可以回去,拿回那个ZPM。 |
[07:18] | She wouldn’t let me go back | 她不会让我回去看着Cubs赢得世界职业棒球大赛的。 |
[07:19] | and watch the cubs win the world series. | |
[07:21] | Jack, this is a unique opportunity. | Jack, 这是一个独一无二的机会。 |
[07:23] | Ra | Ra never knew what he had, |
[07:24] | which means we can go back and take it | 根本就不知道他手里的是什么, 这意味着我们 |
[07:26] | without adversely affecting the timeline. | 能回去把它拿回来, 不会逆向干扰时间线的。 |
[07:28] | Actually, sir, he may be right about that. | 是这样的,长官,在这一点上他可能是对的。 |
[07:30] | You’re on board with this? | 你是带着这个念头上船的? |
[07:31] | I’m not happy about it, | 我并不是很乐意这样做, |
[07:33] | but we don’t have any historical evidence | 但是我们还没有 |
[07:34] | that any Goa’uld has ever used a zpm, | 任何历史依据表明 |
[07:37] | Goa’uld in which case, it wouldn’t be missed. | |
[07:40] | We would have to be extremely careful | 曾经使用过ZPM。 |
[07:42] | to minimize our interaction with the people of the period. | 在这个情况下,它是不会被落下的。 咱们得特别当心最小化我们与这个时期的人们的互动影响。 |
[07:44] | Yeah, there’s that, | 对,就是它了,但我记得你说过没办法让它运行的? |
[07:46] | but I thought you said you couldn’t get it to work. | |
[07:48] | No one at area 51 | 在51区没人能够接合那时间机器。 |
[07:50] | has been able to engage the time device. | |
[07:52] | In fact, they’ve barely gotten the ship off the ground, | 实际上, |
[07:53] | but you were able to fly it without too much difficulty. | 他们仅仅是让那船离开了地面, 但是你毫就能不费力地把它飞起来。 |
[07:56] | [TEAL’C]: Indeed. | 是的。 你已经展示过控制 |
[07:58] | You have demonstrated an exceptional ability to control ancient devices. | Ancient 设备的能力。 |
[08:02] | Jack, think about it. With a fully functional zpm, | Jack, 考虑一下。 |
[08:04] | we could power earth’s defenses | Jack, 考虑一下。 用一个完整的ZPM, |
[08:05] | and open up a wormhole to the Pegasus galaxy. | 我们能启动地球的防御系统, 甚至能够打开一个通往 Pegasus(飞马座)星系的虫洞。 |
[08:14] | Now, remember, Jack, 3000 b.C. | 记住了Jack, 公元前3000年。 |
[08:18] | After Sam hooks up the power to the time device, | 当Sam把能量转向时间机器的时候, |
[08:19] | think about that date and nothing else. | 除了这个时间什么都别想。 |
[08:21] | This thing’s ancient. | 这玩艺的是古代的。 |
[08:23] | How’s it going to know from “b.C.”? | 它怎么会知道我们是不是到了公元前? |
[08:26] | [CARTER]: Your mind is controlling it. | 你的思维在控制它。 |
[08:28] | The ancient computer should be able to extrapolate from your concept of time. | Ancient计算机应该能从时间概念上推断出来。 |
[08:31] | Well, shouldn’t we test it on a slightly smaller leap, | 好, 难道我们不应该先试着做一次小小的跳跃吗? |
[08:36] | like, say, to 1908? | 比如说, 到1908年? |
[08:37] | Actually, sir, we were able to determine from the data log | 事实上长官,我们从数据日志上测定, |
[08:40] | that the technology only works | |
[08:43] | in time jumps longer than a couple hundred years. | 该技术仅对几百年以上的的时间跳跃生效。 |
[08:48] | I think that’s it. | 就是这里。 |
[08:49] | 3000 b.C. | 公元前3000年 |
[08:51] | Any particular day of the century for you? | 这个世纪的什么特别的日子, 啊? |
[09:17] | What happened? I didn’t feel anything. | 怎么了? |
[09:20] | The time machine pulsed. | 时间机器暂停了。试试无线电。 |
[09:22] | Try the radio. | |
[09:27] | Stargate command, this is Daniel Jackson. Do you read? | 星门指挥部,这里是Daniel Jackson, 听到吗? |
[09:31] | Stargate command, this is Daniel Jackson. | 星门指挥部, 这里是Daniel |
[09:32] | Come in, please. | Jackson, 请回话。 |
[09:41] | The stars are different. | 星星看上去不大一样嘛。 |
[09:43] | Earth was in a different orbit around the sun 5,000 years ago. | 5000年前,地球在与现在不同的环日轨道上。 |
[09:48] | I think we did it. | 我认为咱们成功了。 |
[09:52] | Huh. | |
[09:59] | I can’t believe I’ll finally get proof | 难以置信,我终于找到了证据,大金字塔是在第四王朝之前的。 |
[10:01] | that the great pyramids predate the fourth dynasty. | |
[10:03] | So, what are you going to do, stand in the picture | 那么我们现在作什么? |
[10:05] | holding a newspaper with today’s date? | 站在摄像机前,手里握着带有今天日期的报纸? |
[10:07] | This is an archeologist’s dream. | 这是一个考古学家的梦想。我要尽可能地多拍些片子。 |
[10:08] | I’m going to get as much footage as I can. | |
[10:10] | Just be careful. | 不过要小心。 |
[10:11] | We’re here for the zpm… In and out, | 我们来这是为了 ZPm. |
[10:13] | minimal interaction, minimal impact. | 进来,出去。最小的介入, 最小的影响。 |
[10:14] | No problem. | 没问题。 |
[10:16] | I mean it. All of you… Sir. | 我是说你们全部,长官。 |
[10:20] | We got it. We got it. | 我知道,我知道。 |
[10:21] | And you’re going to need this. | 我们会需要的。它可以远程激活飞船的隐形装置。 |
[10:23] | We’ve determined that it remotely activates the ship’s cloak. | |
[10:28] | Nice. | 漂亮 |
[11:02] | Well, my ancient Egyptian’s a little rusty, | 嗯, |
[11:04] | but I think I got the gist of what they were saying. | 我的古埃及语有点迟钝, 但是我认为自己找到他们所说的要点了。 |
[11:06] | That’s katep and his brother salatis. | 那是Khetep和他的兄弟, Salatis. |
[11:10] | Hey, guys. | 嘿,伙计们! |
[11:14] | They’re on a pilgrimage to the temple of ra to make an offering. | 他们在朝拜 Ra的神庙, 奉献祭品. |
[11:16] | Oh. There’s timing. | 哦, 还有些时间。 |
[11:18] | Tomorrow. | 明天。 |
[11:19] | I told them we were travelers from the east, | 我告诉他们咱们是从东方来的旅行者, |
[11:21] | and they offered to put us up for the night. | 他们愿意提供咱们过夜。 |
[11:23] | I was kind of hoping we wouldn’t have to stay that long. | 我有点希望咱们别在这里久留。 |
[11:26] | I’m sorry, I keep thinking | 抱歉, |
[11:27] | I’m going to step on a bug and change the future. | 我一直在担心可能会踩到虫子从而改变未来。 |
[11:29] | Well, we can’t just walk into the temple unannounced. | 我们不能未经宣布就走进神庙。 |
[11:32] | A public audience is the perfect way to get inside. | 公开参拜是进庙的完美方式。 |
[11:35] | We just have to keep a low profile. | 我们得保持低调。 |
[11:40] | Yes, but more importantly, did they say what was for dinner? | 是的, |
[12:06] | Kree, telok! Shal-tar! | 但是更重要的是, |
[12:42] | Vash-mal… vash-mal jel-na? | 他们有说晚上吃什么吗? |
[12:51] | I don’t think he was too impressed with the offering. | 我觉得他不会为献祭所感动。 |
[12:53] | Tana-akal maltar. | |
[12:56] | Jaya-nok-shol. | |
[12:57] | He says he will not tolerate | 他说他不会在忍受信徒这样的无礼了。 |
[12:58] | such disrespect from his followers. | |
[13:07] | Sir. Let me do it now. | 长官。 |
[13:09] | I won’t have to do it in 5,000 years. | 让我来干掉他吧,我可不想在5000年后才干。 |
[13:11] | You can’t do that. | 你不能那么干。 |
[13:13] | There’s no telling what effect it might have. | 不知道这会造成什么影响。 |
[13:40] | Kree, Ria-nok! | |
[14:28] | It’s got to be some sort of treasure room. | 那边有点像是珍藏室。如果 |
[14:30] | If the zpm is anywhere, it’ll be in there. | ZPM 在的话,那它会在那儿的。 |
[14:55] | You really think they’re going to let him | 你们真的觉得他们会让就这样他走进去把它拿走? |
[14:57] | just waltz in and take it? | 就像我说过的, |
[15:01] | Well, like I said, they don’t even know what a zpm is. | 他们根本就不知道ZPM是什么。 |
[15:04] | To them, it’s like any number | 对他们来说,它就像其他无数的仪式用具一样, |
[15:05] | of dozens of ritualistic objects they pull out for any number of occasions. | 他们在很多时候都拿出来用。 |
[15:10] | Besides, he’s wearing the shiny suit. | 此外, 他还穿着亮闪闪的衣服。 |
[15:16] | Good luck. | 祝你好运。 |
[15:39] | Come on, t. | 快点 Teal’c。 |
[15:41] | We would’ve heard something if he was in trouble. | 如果 |
[15:45] | [HEAVY FOOTSTEPS APPROACHING] | Teal’c 遇到麻烦的话,我们好像已经该听到什么了, |
[16:06] | Nice. | 很好! |
[16:22] | Oh, my god. | 噢,我的天! |
[16:24] | All right, we’ve got a little problem here. | 好吧,我们遇上了一点麻烦。 |
[16:26] | There must have been a sand storm during the night. | 一定是晚上来了一场沙暴。 |
[16:30] | The Jaffa will soon call for reinforcements, | Jaffa如果还没叫增援的话,那也快了。 |
[16:31] | if they have not already done so. | |
[16:33] | We must move quickly. | 我们必须赶快行动。 |
[16:35] | Sir, we can’t. | 长官, 我们不能! |
[16:37] | We’ve taken on more Jaffa than that. | 我们已经杀死不少Jaffa了,那更严重。 |
[16:39] | You know what I mean. | 你知道我意思。 |
[16:40] | This is exactly the sort of high-impact event | 这正是我们期望能避免的那种高效应事件。 |
[16:43] | we’re supposed to avoid. | |
[16:44] | [TEAL’C]: They have the ship. | 他们抢到飞船了。那不会比我们所能作的更多地改变未来吗? |
[16:46] | Will that not alter the future more than anything we could do? | |
[16:48] | Not necessarily. | 没必要。 |
[16:50] | They don’t know what it is, | 他们不知道那是什么, |
[16:51] | and even if they did, they can’t use it. | 就算知道也不能用。 |
[16:53] | None of them have the gene. | 他们中没人有那种基因。 |
[16:54] | Even ra won’t be able to make it to work. | 即使 Ra也没法让它运转。 |
[16:56] | So what are we supposed to do? | 那么我们准备怎么办? |
[16:59] | Nothing. | 什么也做不了。 |
[17:01] | Nothing? | 什么也做不了? |
[17:03] | Well, close to it. | 好吧, 接近它。 |
[17:04] | No, here’s a better idea… | 不, |
[17:06] | We take back our ship. | 有个更好的主意,我们拿回我们的船! |
[17:08] | Sir, if we kill those Jaffa, or worse, get captured, | 长官, 我们杀死那些Jaffa, |
[17:10] | we could alter the future immeasurably. | 或者更糟, 被抓住了的话就会不可测地改变未来, |
[17:13] | If you’re thinking we can go forward and then back again… | 如果你考虑我们能向前走然后再回来… |
[17:16] | Just a couple of days. | 就几天! |
[17:20] | Then we park that thing where nobody can find it. | 然后我们把那玩艺停在没人找得到的地方。 |
[17:22] | If we alter this timeline, | 我们改变了这条时间线, |
[17:24] | and the future is already different, | 未来已经不同了。 |
[17:26] | we could set into motion a spiral of changes | 我们可以开始行动了,一个我们永远也不能修复的变化螺旋。 |
[17:28] | that we could never fix. | |
[17:29] | We’ve already done too much. | 我们已经干得太多了。我很抱歉长官,我不应该让咱们这么干的。 |
[17:31] | I’m sorry, sir. I never have allowed us to do this. | |
[17:45] | [O’NEILL]: So, what, we live out the rest of our lives here? | 那怎么办? 我们就在这儿度过余生吗? |
[17:48] | [CARTER]: Well, we know there’s going to be a rebellion eventually. | 好吧, 我们知道这里最终会有一场叛乱。 |
[17:50] | The human slaves rise up, and ra abandons earth. | 人类奴隶起义,Ra放弃了地球。 |
[17:53] | Daniel learned that on abydos nine years ago. | Daniel 9年前在Abydos知道这个了。 |
[17:56] | When it happens, there is a chance that we could get the jumper back | 当它发生的时候,我们就有机会夺回Jumper了, |
[17:59] | without creating too big a ripple in the events of this timeline. | 也不会在这条时间线事件上造成太大的波动。 |
[18:03] | When does that happen? | 什么时候发生起义? |
[18:04] | Well, I don’t know the exact date. It could be years. | 嗯,我不知道确切日期。也许要等几年。 |
[18:06] | What? Years? | 什么? 几年? |
[18:08] | Sir, we don’t have a choice. | 长官, 我们没有选择。 |
[18:11] | Carter, what about the zpm? | ZPM怎么办? |
[18:15] | I mean, if we wait, | 如果我们等待, |
[18:16] | we lose any chance of getting it back to our time. | 我们就 失去把它带回我们的时代一切机会了。 |
[18:19] | Preserving the timeline is more important. | 保存时间线更重要。 |
[18:23] | For all you know, things could get better. | 你们都知道, 事情是可能变好的! |
[18:26] | Or they could be worse. | 或者可能变糟!我们不能冒险。 |
[18:28] | We can’t take that chance. | |
[18:30] | Well, I know a way we can get the zpm back to our time, | 我知道一个不用回去也能把ZPM带回我们时代的办法。 |
[18:32] | even if we don’t. | |
[18:34] | A month before I left, there was an archeological dig | 我们出发前一个月,在吉萨附近有个考古 |
[18:36] | that uncovered a first dynasty tomb near giza. | 发掘揭开了一个第一王朝的陵墓。 |
[18:38] | All we have to do is bury the zpm in that tomb, let them find it, | 我们所要作的就是把ZPM埋到那个墓里,让他们找到它, |
[18:41] | and maybe our future selves won’t have to take on this mission. | 那么也许未来的我们就不用采取本次行动了。 |
[18:44] | [CARTER]: Well, that’s bizarre, but it might just work. | 真够怪异的,但是可能管用。 |
[18:47] | [O’NEILL]: Carter, a lot of good people died | 在Anubis攻击地球的时候很多好人死了。 |
[18:50] | when Anubis attacked earth. | |
[18:52] | I don’t think their families would mind | 我觉得他们的家庭不会介意咱们对时间线动点手脚的。 |
[18:54] | if we fussed with the timeline. | |
[18:56] | Sir, I know this is hard for you. | 长官, |
[18:58] | Your instinct is to change things, make things better, | 这对你比较困难。 你的本能是改变事情,让事情变得更好, |
[19:01] | but, for once, that’s exactly what we can’t do. | 但这一次, 那是我们确实不能做的。 |
[19:03] | We have to let things play out | 我们必须让事情按照他们本来的那样进行 |
[19:05] | exactly the way they were meant to. | |
[19:10] | English is a complex language… | 英语是种复杂的语言, |
[19:14] | A hybrid of many different influences, | 各种不同影响的杂种, |
[19:17] | much like the culture it represents. | 就像它所代表的文化。 |
[19:19] | To understand it is to gain an insight into that culture | 为了理解它就应该去了解文化, |
[19:23] | and the process of integration that created it. | 是联合工艺创造了语言。 |
[19:31] | Okay, let’s start with a simple greeting. | Ok! 让我们以简单问候开始。 |
[19:34] | Often, the best way to begin interacting with someone | 开始与某人沟通的最好方法常常是 |
[19:36] | is to find a topic of common interest. | 找到一个共同感兴趣的话题。 |
[19:40] | Everyone can relate to the weather | 大家都可以谈到天气, |
[19:42] | so let’s start with that, shall we? | 那么让我们开始吧, 如何? |
[19:45] | Introduce yourself and talk about the weather. | 自我介绍然后谈论天气。 |
[19:51] | Yes? | 好的。 |
[19:56] | Hello, Hello. My name is Carlos. | |
[19:58] | You make me so hot. | 我叫Carlos. 你让我觉得很热。 |
[20:02] | Okay. | 不太对,但是自我介绍部分很好。 |
[20:04] | Um, uh… | |
[20:06] | Not quite right, but the introduction part was good. | |
[20:10] | Daniel? Daniel, uh, sorry to bother you, | |
[20:12] | but there are some people here to see you. | 抱歉打扰,但是有人来看你。 |
[20:15] | Excuse me for just one second. | 请等一下。 |
[20:19] | What kind of people? | |
[20:20] | Air force people. | 什么样的人? 空军的人? |
[20:33] | This is totally unbelievable! | 这简直难以置信! |
[20:36] | You are a small and pathetic man. | 你不过是一个白丁儿! |
[20:38] | Those were my theories on spin wave technology | 那些是我的自旋波技术和电磁抗重力效应理论,而且你是知道的! |
[20:40] | and the effects of antigravity on electromagnetism, | |
[20:42] | and you know it! | |
[20:47] | And just because my reproductive organs | 现在,仅仅因为我的生殖器是在体内而不是在体外,不要….天啊! |
[20:49] | are on the inside instead of the outside, doesn’t… | |
[20:51] | God, that’s horrible. | |
[20:53] | Who would ever say that? | 真可怕! |
[20:55] | [DOOR OPENS] Carter. | 谁会这么说? |
[21:00] | Who are you talking to? No one. | 你在和谁说话? 没人。 |
[21:02] | Were you talking to yourself? | 你在自言自语? |
[21:04] | No. | 没有。 |
[21:06] | Have you proofread my review on the solid fuel rockets yet? | 你校正了我的固体燃料火箭飞船评论了吗? |
[21:10] | I’m almost done. | 几乎做完了。写得不错! |
[21:11] | Good job. Thank you. | 谢谢。 |
[21:16] | Keep up the good work, Carter. | 好好干Carter,你会在这儿得到升迁的。 |
[21:17] | You’ll be moving up around here. | |
[21:21] | Excuse me. | 对不起。 |
[21:24] | Major Davis, United States air force. | Davis少校, 美国空军。 |
[21:26] | Dr. Hirschfeld. | Hirschfield 博士. |
[21:28] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁,博士。 |
[21:31] | What’s this all about? | 这都是怎么回事? |
[21:32] | It’s a matter of national security. | 这关乎国家安全 |
[21:34] | I’m afraid I’m not at Liberty to discuss that here. | 我恐怕不能在这随意讨论。 |
[21:37] | Oh, of course. By all means. | 哦,当然, 一定。 |
[21:40] | We can talk privately in my office. | 我们可以在我的办公室私下谈谈。 |
[21:42] | Oh, no, I’m… I’m not here to talk to you. | 哦,不,我不是来和你谈话的。 |
[21:48] | I’d like to speak to Dr. Carter. | 我要和Cater博士谈谈。 |
[21:55] | Me? | 我? |
[22:08] | Colonel O’Neill. | 上校 |
[22:09] | O’Neill. Samuels. | |
[22:12] | You and the boys looking to charter a boat for the day? | 你和你的孩子是在找条船玩一天吗? |
[22:14] | No, sir. I’ve been sent by the Pentagon | 不,长官。我是被五角大楼派来,护送您回华盛顿的。 |
[22:16] | to escort you back to Washington. | |
[22:19] | I could give a rat’s butt. | |
[22:22] | It’s a matter of national security, sir. | 事关国家机密,长官。 |
[22:25] | Find someone else. | 找别人吧。 |
[22:28] | We can’t. | 我们不能,必须是您! |
[22:30] | It has to be you. | |
[22:31] | Now, if you’ll allow me, | 如果您愿意现在就和我走,我会在路上向您解释的。 |
[22:32] | I’ll try and explain it on the way. | |
[22:36] | Sammy, | Sammy, it just doesn’t sound like fun. |
[22:42] | Oh… god. | 听上去不那么有趣。 |
[23:14] | If you’ll just wait here, ma’am, | 请稍等片刻,夫人。将军 |
[23:16] | Hammond general Hammond will be with you. | |
[23:25] | Hi. | 一会就会来会见您。 |
[23:26] | Daniel Hi. | |
[23:29] | Dr. Daniel Jackson. | Jackson 博士 |
[23:30] | Dr. Samantha Carter. | Samantha Carter 博士 |
[23:31] | Oh, uh, phd. | 噢! 一个 PHD. |
[23:32] | Oh, me too. Astrophysics. Oh, egyptology. | 哦,我也是。 天体物理学 埃及古物学 |
[23:35] | You wouldn’t happen to know why we’re here? | 你不会碰巧知道我们为什么在这里吧? |
[23:37] | Oh. [CHUCKLES WRYLY] | |
[23:39] | 5,000 years ago, maybe, but, uh, now? | 5000年前也许可以,但是,现在,不行。我和你一样期待着。 |
[23:41] | No, I was kind of hoping you did. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[23:51] | I teach English as a second language. | 我教英语,作为第二语言 |
[23:53] | Department of aerospace. | 航空宇宙局 |
[23:54] | Oh! Oh, not as an astronaut. | 噢! 不是宇航员!不, 我 uh… |
[23:57] | No. I, uh… I check other people’s scientific reports | 在别人的科学报告被交到主任之前,我来核对其中的冗余和错误。 |
[24:02] | for factual errors or omissions before they get sent up to the director. That’s… interesting. | 真是有趣啊。 |
[24:10] | Yeah. Not really. | 是的,真的吗? |
[24:13] | Dr. Jackson, Dr. Carter. I’m general George Hammond. | Jackson 博士,Carter |
[24:17] | Please. | 博士, 我是 |
[24:32] | What’s this? | George Hammond将军。请坐。 这是什么? |
[24:34] | Non-disclosure agreement. | 保密协议 |
[24:35] | What we’re about to discuss | 因为我们要讨论的内容被国家列为最高机密。 |
[24:37] | has been classified top secret | |
[24:39] | by the United States government. | |
[24:41] | What if we don’t want to sign it? | 哦?如果我们不签呢? |
[24:43] | Well, then, you’re free to leave. | 呃,那么你可以自由地离开 |
[25:06] | You have a background in archeology, | 你有考古学的背景,是这样吗?Jackson |
[25:09] | isn’t that right, Dr. Jackson? That’s right. | 博士? 没错。 |
[25:11] | But your theories fail to gain much acceptance | 但是你的理论没能获得你的大部分同行的认可。 |
[25:14] | among your colleagues. | |
[25:17] | You could say that. | 你可以这样说 |
[25:18] | Egyptian pyramids as landing pads | 埃及金字塔是外星飞船着陆的基座 |
[25:21] | for alien spacecraft. | |
[25:23] | I did not say that unequivocally. | 我只是说的有些模糊 |
[25:25] | I simply put forth the possibility | 我简单的回溯一下这种可能, |
[25:27] | that, based on the knowledge that… | 它是基于这样的知识…. |
[25:29] | That’s all right, doctor. You don’t have to defend your theories here. | 没关系博士,你不需要在这里维护你的理论 |
[25:32] | A month ago, a team of archeologists from the university of Chicago | 一个月以前,一支由芝加哥大学组织的考古队, |
[25:37] | uncovered an ancient Egyptian tomb near giza. | 发掘了一个Giza附近的古埃及墓穴。 |
[25:41] | Inside, they found artifacts typical of the period, | 在那里,他们发现了典型年代的史前文物,除了一俩件还没能鉴定, |
[25:44] | plus one or two objects that have yet to be identified, and a video camera. | 和一个摄像机 |
[25:51] | A video camera? | 一个摄像机? |
[25:52] | It was perfectly preserved in a vacuum-sealed canopic jar. | 它保存的非常完好,用一个真空密封的canopic瓶。 |
[25:57] | The technology is somewhat different | 其技术不同之处在于,它是目前商业上常用的。 |
[25:59] | to what’s commercially available today, but we managed to charge the battery. | 我们给电池充了电。 |
[26:04] | However, we didn’t bring you here | 当然,如果不是发现了摄像机,我们也不会带你们到这里来。 |
[26:05] | because we found a camera. | |
[26:07] | We brought you here because of what had been recorded upon the tape | 我们带你们来这里,因为那台摄像机的带子上记录的东西。 |
[26:11] | inside that camera. | |
[26:14] | Okay… | |
[26:19] | Okay, um, my name is Dr. Daniel Jackson. | OK,我的名字是 Daniel Jackson 博士. |
[26:21] | I’m part of a team called sg-1, | 我是被称为SG1队伍中的一员, |
[26:23] | and we have just traveled back in time 5,000 years. | 并且,我们刚刚通过时间旅行来到了5000年前。 |
[26:38] | See, the thing is, we’re not sure we’re going to make it back. | 你知道, 情况是这样的, 我们不能确定能否恢复它。嗯, |
[26:42] | The chamber where you discover this tape should be discovered | 你发现这带子的那个房间, |
[26:44] | shortly before we’re set to leave. | 应该在我们离开前就立即被发现了。 |
[26:46] | Hopefully, the timeline hasn’t changed at all. | 时间线很有希望根本没有改变。看,近来都发生了什么重要事件。 |
[26:48] | Let’s see, what are some recent major events? | |
[26:51] | Uh, Communism recently failed in Eastern Europe. | |
[26:55] | They should be well on their way towards democracy by now. | 共产主义在东欧失败了。 Um, |
[26:58] | Henry Hayes is president. | 目前他们应该在民主政治的大道上了。 Henry |
[27:00] | Henry Hayes? | Heyes 是总统。还有什么? |
[27:01] | Secretary of the interior. | 内政部长 |
[27:03] | Kinsey President Kinsey was less than amused | |
[27:05] | when he saw that portion of the tape. | 总统 看到磁带的这部分时,不是很开心。 |
[27:07] | Sam, help me out here. | Sam,帮我离开这里 |
[27:09] | Um, Samantha | Um, Samantha Carter, lieutenant colonel in the United States air force |
[27:12] | and a member of sg-1. | Carter, 美国空军中校, SG1成员。 |
[27:14] | [CARTER]: Right, I suppose we should tell them about the Stargate. | 我想我们应该告诉他们关于Stargate的事情。 |
[27:17] | Oh, my god. What’s sg-1? | Oh,我的天! SG1 是什么? |
[27:18] | Watch. | 继续看 |
[27:20] | Colonel Carter and I work for an organization known as Stargate command. | Carter中校和我为星门指挥部工作。 |
[27:22] | It is located under Cheyenne mountain. | 它的位置在Cheyenne山下。 现在, |
[27:24] | Now, for the past eight years, | 在过去的8年中, 我们一直有规律地 |
[27:26] | we’ve been regularly traveling | 穿过一个巨大的,圆环状的装置进行旅行,星际之门。 |
[27:27] | through a large ring-shaped device | |
[27:29] | known as the Stargate. | 它是在1928被发现的,在这个录像带被发现的附近。 |
[27:31] | It should have been discovered in 1928, | 它是在1928被发现的,在这个录像带被发现的附近。 |
[27:32] | somewhere near where this tape was found. | |
[27:35] | Now, by means of these off-world missions, | 现在, 我们所进行的所有这些 |
[27:37] | we’ve managed to acquire a lot of advanced technology, | offworld(界外) 任务, 都是为了获取更多的先进技术, |
[27:39] | which has helped us defend earth | 用来帮助我们防御几个外星对地球的进攻。 |
[27:41] | against several alien attacks. | |
[27:43] | [JACKSON]: If, for whatever reason, | 如果由于无论什么原因, |
[27:45] | the things we’re talking about are not true, | 我们正在讨论的事情是不真实的, |
[27:46] | then it is possible that we have somehow inadvertently changed the future. | 那么我们就很有可能不知何故地,漫不经心地改变了未来。 |
[27:50] | The purpose of this tape is to provide you the tools you will need | 这盘带子的目的, |
[27:52] | to go back in time and set things right. | 是提供给你及时 回去,并把事情调整好所需要的工具。 |
[27:55] | If, for whatever reason, | 如果, |
[27:56] | the Stargate has not been discovered, | 由于无论什么原因, 星门还未被发现, |
[27:58] | you will have to find it and get it up and running. | 你就必须去找到它并使它运行起来。 |
[28:02] | Jack, Uh, Jack, you should say something. | |
[28:04] | [O’NEILL]: Nah, I’m good. | 你应该说点什么 不,我很好 |
[28:06] | We should all appear on the tape. | 我们都应该出现在带子上。 |
[28:07] | We have no way of knowing how things could’ve changed. | 我们没有办法知道, 事情是怎样被改变的. |
[28:17] | Uh, uh… General Jack O’Neill, | 我 uh, |
[28:20] | Jack O’Neill United States air force. | |
[28:22] | How’re you doing? | 将军, 美国空军. 你那儿怎么样? |
[28:24] | Tell them about the future. | 和他们谈谈未来. |
[28:29] | Um | Um… |
[28:31] | College football is played on Saturdays, pro on sundays, | 橄榄球联赛在星期六到星期天进行。 |
[28:35] | and there are no fish in my pond… | 我的池塘里根本没有鱼 |
[28:38] | At all. Right. Fish. | 咱们没有鱼。 |
[28:42] | I think that covers it. | 我想这掩盖了这个事实。 |
[28:50] | Did he say “Stargate?” | 我想球赛弥补了这个遗憾。 |
[28:53] | Time travel? | 时间旅行? |
[28:55] | What else did the tape say? | 录像带还说了什么? |
[28:57] | Details of the Stargate, sg-1, | 星门的详情, |
[29:01] | including a fourth member, | SG1包括第四个成员, |
[29:03] | who appears to be some kind of humanoid alien. | 他是一个具有人类特点的外星人。 |
[29:07] | Are you telling us | 您是在告诉我们, |
[29:10] | that in some alternate timeline, | 在另外某条时间线上,我们属于一个 |
[29:13] | we’re part of a team | |
[29:15] | that travels to other planets | 到其它行星旅行并保卫地球免受外星人入侵的团队? |
[29:16] | and defends earth against alien invasions? | |
[29:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[29:23] | It seems difficult to believe. | 这很难相信 |
[29:26] | Wh-what about this Stargate? | 关于那个星门的情况您查过了吗? |
[29:27] | Did you look for it? | |
[29:29] | We searched the coordinates provided on the tape, | 我们搜索了录像带提供的相应部分,但是没有发现什么。 |
[29:30] | but we didn’t find anything. | |
[29:32] | The area had already been excavated previously, in 1934, | 早在1934年那个地区就已经被一位Langford博士挖掘过了。 |
[29:36] | by a Dr. Langford, | |
[29:39] | but he found nothing but a tablet | 我们只发现了一块用heiroglyphics记录的纸片, |
[29:41] | inscribed with hieroglyphics that no one has ever been able to translate. | 从未有人能够翻译。 |
[29:45] | We were wondering if you’d like to take a crack at it. | 我们期望你是否愿意去破译它。 |
[29:48] | Are you kidding? | 你在开玩笑? |
[29:55] | Hey. | |
[29:56] | Hi. | 那么,你对这些怎么想? |
[30:00] | So… | |
[30:02] | What do you think of all this? | |
[30:05] | To be honest, I don’t know what to think. | 说实话, 真不知道该怎么想。 |
[30:07] | It’s pretty overwhelming. Yeah. | 我是说, 简直令人无法抗拒。 是啊 |
[30:09] | Time travel is theoretically possible. | 时间旅行仅仅是一个理论 |
[30:11] | There’s been a lot of research into the area of quantum gravity, | 有很多研究进入量子引力领域, |
[30:14] | which suggests that time flows like rotating fluid within our galaxy, | 他们提出时间流就像我们星系中的旋流。 |
[30:18] | technically allowing the traveler | 技术上是允许旅行者随意向前或向后旅行的。 |
[30:19] | to journey backward and forward at will, | |
[30:21] | but there’s a huge amount of energy required… | 这需要巨大的能量。 |
[30:25] | Actually, I was talking about us. | 事实上, 我想说的是这个. 另外的我们 |
[30:27] | The “other” us. | 我猜你可以称之为“假设的我们”。 |
[30:28] | I guess we could call it “the us we’re supposed to be.” | |
[30:33] | I mean, seriously, didn’t you always think | 我意思是, |
[30:35] | that you were destined for something more? | 真的, |
[30:37] | I mean, something a hell of a lot more fulfilling | 你从未想过自己为了某些别的目的而存在? |
[30:38] | than a 9:00 to 5:00 desk job? | 我是说, 某些比使人受不了的朝九晚五的案头工作更有满足感的事情。 |
[30:40] | I suppose. | 我希望是。 |
[30:42] | I don’t know. I just always felt like my life was wrong. | 不知道。我只是常常觉得自己的生活是错的。 |
[30:46] | Well, life is what you make it, | 嗯,生活是由你自己决定的。你晓得,要么更好要么更糟。 |
[30:49] | you know, for better or worse. | |
[30:50] | Well, look at this as a way to change everything. | 嗯,把这当做一个改变所有事情的办法。 |
[30:54] | If we help them find this… This Stargate… | 如果我们帮他们找到这个星门。 |
[30:58] | What do you think they’re going to do? | 你认为他们要干吗? |
[31:01] | Ask us to join an elite team of intergalactic space heroes? | 邀请我们加入一个星系空间英雄的精锐小组? |
[31:06] | Look at us. | 看看咱们! |
[31:08] | I think the only reason that they showed us the tape is because we’re on it. | 他们给我们看那带子的唯一原因就是我们在带子上。 |
[31:12] | Exactly. | 的确。 |
[31:15] | Oh. | |
[31:19] | Ok, Okay, that about covers the gate dialing system, | |
[31:21] | the point of origin, the address to chulak, and the home address. | 那关于covers拨号系统, |
[31:23] | What else? | 原始点、另一个Chulak和本部地址。还有别的吗? |
[31:26] | Oh, right, um… | 啊好。 这很重要。 |
[31:29] | Okay, now, this is very important. | 它叫 ZPM。 |
[31:33] | It’s called a zpm… zero… | 怎么了? |
[31:34] | [TEAL’C]: Daniel Jackson. What? | |
[31:36] | I believe the battery is about to expire. | 我认为电池快要用完了。 |
[31:38] | Ok, Okay, this is very important, this is called a zero-point module, | |
[31:40] | and its purpose is to… | 这非常重要。这叫零点模块,它的作用是… |
[31:42] | How’s that for timing? | 用它来定时怎么样? |
[31:46] | Uh, this zpm was recovered along with the tape? | 这个ZPM是和那个录像带一起发现的吗? |
[31:50] | Yes, we have a team of scientists studying it as we speak. | 是的, 当咱们说话的时候我们正有一队科学家在研究它。 |
[31:55] | How’s the translation coming? | 翻译进行得如何? |
[31:56] | Oh, ooh, gee… | Ah,那是一种晦涩的方言, |
[31:59] | It’s an obscure dialect. I can see why your experts had trouble. | 我明白了为什么你们的专家遇到麻烦。 |
[32:04] | But? | 但是? |
[32:06] | But it’s almost as if the person who chiseled this tablet knew my research. | 但是写这个纸片的人好像知道我的研究。 |
[32:12] | See, in 2995 b.C., | 看, |
[32:13] | about five years before this team on the tape arrived in the past, | 在公元前2995年, |
[32:16] | there was an uprising. | 约在录像带里的那个小组到达后5年, 发生了一场起义。 |
[32:18] | The ancient Egyptians rebelled against the sun god, ra, | 古埃及人反叛了太阳神Ra,或者至少, |
[32:21] | or at least someone who they believed to be an impostor. | 某个被他们认为是冒名顶替的人。 |
[32:23] | Now, apparently, whoever this impostor was, | 显然,无论这个冒名顶替者是谁,他乘着一艘大飞船离开了, |
[32:26] | he left in a great flying ship and took the Stargate with him. | 还带走了星门。 |
[32:30] | That is unfortunate. | 那太不幸了。 |
[32:31] | Yeah, but the tablet makes reference to a location | 是的, |
[32:33] | where there might be a second Stargate here on earth. | 但是纸片上提到了一个地方,那里可能有第二个星门,就在地球上。 |
[32:36] | Where? | 在哪? |
[32:37] | Oh, I’m still working on that. | Uh,我仍在研究。 |
[32:41] | Thank you, doctor. | 谢谢,博士。我期待着你的报告。 |
[32:42] | I look forward to your report. | |
[32:44] | Uh, general, um… | Uh, 将军? |
[32:46] | If it’s all right with you, I’d like to join the expedition | 如果您觉得可以的话, |
[32:49] | to find this second gate. | 我愿意参加寻找第二星门的探险队。 |
[32:58] | You were right. They’re going to shut us out. | 你是对的! 他们想排除我们! |
[33:02] | I can’t say I’m surprised. | 我不能说感到惊讶。 |
[33:03] | I still haven’t finished the entire translation yet, | 我还没有完成全部翻译, |
[33:05] | which means we still have some leverage. | 就是说我们手里仍然有筹码。 |
[33:08] | What else does it say? | 录像带里还说了什么? |
[33:11] | It says the second Stargate is somewhere in Antarctica. | 它说第二星门在南极洲的某个地方。 |
[33:15] | Somewhere in Antarctica? | 南极洲的某个地方? |
[33:18] | Well, it doesn’t even say that. | 是啊, 它甚至没说那个。 |
[33:19] | It says “the land of cold to the south,” | 它说是寒冷的大陆,向南。我猜是指南极洲。 |
[33:21] | which, I’m guessing, means Antarctica. | |
[33:23] | It’s a big place. | 那可是个很大的地方。很多冰。 |
[33:25] | Lots of ice. | |
[33:26] | Yeah, I’m guessing whoever wrote the tablet | 是的,我在猜是谁写的纸片, |
[33:28] | didn’t have a way of explaining latitude and longitude | 没有解释经度和纬度的习惯, |
[33:29] | in ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs. | 用古人的hierogyphs。 |
[33:31] | Well, at least you’re still useful to them. | 至少你对他们还有用。 |
[33:33] | I don’t know why they’re keeping me around. | 我不明白为什么他们把我留在儿。 |
[33:35] | Well, I’m not going to let them shut you out, either. | 我不会让他们把你排除在外的。我意思是,我们被假想为一个小队。 |
[33:37] | We’re supposed to be a team. | |
[33:39] | We have to stick together. | 我们一定要团结在一起。 |
[33:42] | That’s nice. Really. | 那太好了,真的。 |
[33:45] | Yeah. We need someone who’s willing to go to bat for us, | 对。我们需要某个愿意为咱们出头的人。 |
[33:51] | someone who they can’t say no to… | 某个他们无法拒绝的人。 |
[33:58] | [METAL TAPPING] | |
[34:02] | Aah! | |
[34:04] | D… ah! | |
[34:16] | You folks looking for a little tour? | 你们俩想要参观吗? |
[34:18] | Jack O’Neill? | |
[34:21] | Yeah? | 是啊。 |
[34:23] | Uh, I’m Daniel Jackson. | Uh, 我是Daniel Jackson, |
[34:25] | This is Samantha Carter. | 这是 Samantha Carter。 |
[34:33] | You two a couple? | 你们俩是夫妻? |
[34:35] | No. No, no. | 不,不,不, |
[34:36] | We just met. | 我们才认识。 |
[34:38] | What do you want? | 你们想要什么? |
[34:41] | Well, uh… | 嗯 |
[34:44] | We were recently approached by the military | 呃, |
[34:47] | about a, uh… A matter of, um… | 我们近来和军方接触, 因为涉及国家安全的事情。 |
[34:51] | [WHISPERS]: National security. | 别在意! |
[34:53] | Don’t care. | |
[34:55] | This is really important. | 这真的非常重要。 |
[34:57] | All we’re asking is a little bit of your time. | 我们所请求的只是一点你的时间。 |
[35:03] | 150 bucks an hour to rent the boat. | 租船每小时$150。 |
[35:05] | We don’t want to go anywhere. | 我们哪也不想去。 |
[35:08] | It’s your money. | 钱是你的。 |
[35:11] | [JACKSON]: So, ultimately, what we have to do | 最终我们必须要做的是这个。我们必须找到这个星门然后得到这个时间旅行机器。device. |
[35:13] | is this… we have to find the Stargate, and then get a hold | |
[35:15] | of this time travel device. | 找到这个外星人叫Teal’c。 |
[35:16] | Locate this alien named Teal’c. | |
[35:18] | Right, get Teal’c first, then go back in time | 好, |
[35:20] | to change the past to fix the future. | 首先找到Teal’c, |
[35:29] | Are you listening? | 然后及时回来改变过去,恢复未来。 你在听吗? |
[35:30] | I was trying not to. | 我试着不听。 |
[35:34] | Yeah, I suppose it does sound a little crazy. | 是啊,我猜这听起来有点疯狂。 |
[35:36] | Really? | 真的? |
[35:38] | Which part? | 关于哪部分? |
[35:42] | I have to say the moment I let you on board. | 我不得不说, 是我让你们上船的时候。 |
[35:45] | You don’t have to believe us. | 你不必非得相信我们。 |
[35:48] | All we ask is that you watch the tape and decide for yourself. | 我们所请求的, 是你看看那录像带然后为你自己做决定。 |
[35:51] | You know, I have decided and, hey, look, your time’s up. | 你知道, 我已经决定了, 看, 你们的时间到了! |
[35:54] | Aren’t you the least bit intrigued | 你就没有被被激起点兴趣吗?可能在这里以外的某处有别的什么东西? |
[35:56] | that there might be something else out there somewhere? | |
[36:00] | Something more than… This? | 某些比这里强的东西! |
[36:10] | No. | 没有! |
[36:12] | We’re supposed to be a team. We save the world. | 我们被猜想为是一个小组。我们拯救了世界。 |
[36:15] | Several times. | 很多次。 |
[36:16] | Yeah. Okay. | 对。 |
[36:19] | Sure. | Ok. 当然。 |
[36:21] | I’ll buy that. | 我会接受的。Uh |
[36:22] | huh。 Uh-huh. | |
[36:24] | The three of us… The world, we save it. | 我们三个。 我们拯救世界, |
[36:26] | Great. Okay. | 对吗? Ok。 |
[36:28] | I can’t believe I wasted my frequent-flyer miles on this. | 我没法相信自己在这儿浪费了这么多时间。 |
[36:34] | Sorry to bother you. | 抱歉打扰你了。 |
[36:36] | Not a problem. | 没事儿。 |
[36:40] | Uh-uh. | 没烦恼了, |
[37:03] | No worries, eh? | 呃? |
[37:17] | Do you have any idea what’s going on? | 你有什么看法, 怎么了? |
[37:21] | Dr. Carter, Dr. Jackson. | Carter博士, Jackson博士。 |
[37:23] | Major, what’s this about? | 少校, 这是什么? 你们找到第二星门了? |
[37:24] | Did you find the second Stargate? | 没有。但是我们要给你们看点别的。 |
[37:26] | No, we didn’t, but we decided to show you something else. | 士兵? |
[37:37] | Whoa. | 我们认为这就是那艘船, |
[37:39] | SG1 We think this was the ship | |
[37:40] | sg-1 used to travel back in time. | 用来逆时间旅行的。 |
[37:53] | Where’d you find it? | 你们在哪找到的? |
[37:54] | It was uncovered during an excavation | 在一次对陵墓周围地区进行的发掘中出土的, |
[37:56] | of the area around the tomb | 就是在那里曾经找到那盘录像带。 |
[37:58] | where the tape was found. Please. | 请。 |
[38:10] | This is incredible. | 这真是难以置信。还能操作吗? |
[38:13] | Is it operational? | |
[38:14] | Not yet. | 还不行。 |
[38:24] | [CARTER]: According to the tape, | 根据录像带,Jack |
[38:25] | O’Neill Jack O’Neill has a special gene | |
[38:27] | that makes him able to fly this thing. | 拥有特殊基因, 可以让这东西飞起来。 |
[38:30] | These are constellations. | 这些是星座。 |
[38:32] | Right, the tape said that, uh… | 录像带上说它可以穿过星门, |
[38:35] | That this was able to go through the Stargate as well as time travel. | 也就是时间旅行。 |
[38:38] | So this must be what dials the gate. | 那么这个就是星门的拨号器了。 |
[38:42] | Don’t touch anything! | 什么也别碰, |
[38:44] | Please, leave the touching to the experts. | 请! 让专业人员来弄。 |
[38:48] | Rodney This is Dr. Rodney McKay, | |
[38:49] | the lead scientist on the project. | McKay博士是项目的主管科学家。 |
[38:51] | Hi. This is Dr. Carter, Dr. Jackson. | 这是Carter博士, Jackson博士。 |
[38:55] | Pleased to meet you. | 见到你很高兴。 |
[38:58] | We were hoping they may be of assistance to you. | 我们一直希望他们能协助你。 |
[39:02] | Hmm. Yes. | 是的, |
[39:03] | Well, thank you. | 很好, 谢谢。 |
[39:07] | I’ll leave you to it, then. | 你们在这儿看它吧。 |
[39:13] | So, did you try dialing the Stargate address | 那么, |
[39:16] | that the Daniel Jackson on the tape mentions? | 你试着拨过星门地址吗?录像带上那个Daniel提到过的? |
[39:17] | No. Why would I do that? | 没有, 我们为什么要那么干? |
[39:20] | Well, just to see if… | 嗯, 只是为了看看… |
[39:22] | Of course we tried. It’s called “sarcasm.” | 当然我们试过! |
[39:24] | We tried the address numerous times. Nothing happened. | 那叫作讽刺。我们试过那个地址无数次了, 什么也没发生。 |
[39:27] | Did you try any other combinations? | 你试过其它组合吗? |
[39:29] | I’m sorry, | 对不起, |
[39:30] | what are your areas of expertise? | 你们的专业领域是什么? |
[39:33] | Astrophysics. Archeology. | 天体物理学 |
[39:35] | And I was listening to you because… | 考古学 而我得听你们的,由于…? |
[39:40] | We’re on the tape? | 我们在录像带上。 |
[39:42] | No, you, I would listen to if you were reading the phone book. | 不是你, 我会听你的, 如果你是在读电话本的话。 |
[39:44] | Oh, brother. | 哦哥们儿。 |
[39:46] | You see, I love this whole sexy librarian thing. | 瞧, 我喜欢这个, 性感的图书管理员之类的。 |
[39:49] | Look, why don’t I take you to lunch, get you up to speed. | 看, 咱们干吗不一起快点去午餐呢。我听说今天是柠檬鸡, |
[39:51] | I hear it’s lemon chicken today, my favorite. | 我最喜欢的, 嗯? |
[39:56] | Got a lot to talk about. | 有很多要谈的。 |
[40:02] | Daniel! | Daniel! |
[40:04] | Is he behind me? | 他在我后面吗? |
[40:06] | Who? McKay. | 谁? |
[40:10] | Oh, thank god. I think I lost him. | 噢, |
[40:12] | The guy is driving me nuts. | 感谢上帝! 我想我摆脱他了。这个人简直要把我搞疯了! |
[40:15] | Any progress with the ship? | 对于那条船有什么进展? |
[40:17] | Well, the technology is way beyond us, | 那些技术大大超前于我们,但是我确实有些大的发现。 |
[40:19] | but I do have something… It could be big. | 什么? |
[40:22] | What? Remember how McKay said | 还记得McKay怎么说吗,他们做了几次按照 |
[40:24] | that they tried dialing the Stargate address | 地址进行拨号的尝试并且什么也没发生? |
[40:26] | several times, and nothing happened? Yeah. | 是的 |
[40:29] | I started thinking… | 我开始思考,是这里没有发生任何事情! |
[40:30] | Nothing happened here. What have you got? | 你们找到了什么? |
[40:37] | We waiting to see general Hammond. | 我们在等着见 Hammond将军. |
[40:41] | He’s busy. | 他很忙。为什么你们不先告诉我, |
[40:43] | Why don’t you tell me. I’ll decide if it’s worth interrupting him. Ahem. | 让我看看是否值得打断他的工作呢? |
[40:55] | [CARTER]: I cross-referenced our previous attempts to dial the gate | 我把我们最近几次的拨号活动和南极地震活动数据进行了交叉分析 |
[40:57] | with some recent seismic activity in Antarctica. | |
[41:00] | They’re a perfect match. | 它们非常吻合 |
[41:02] | The epicenter in all eight cases was exactly the same… | 这八次的震源几乎都在同一个地方 |
[41:06] | Approximately 50 miles outside of McMurdo. | 大约距离McMurdoch |
[41:09] | That… | 50英里。 |
[41:11] | Is where you’ll find your second gate. | 在那,你能找到第二个星际之门。 |
[41:14] | Worth it? | 值吗? |
[41:18] | Excuse me. | 失陪。 |
[41:39] | General, you wanted to see us? | 将军,你想见我们俩? |
[41:45] | It was exactly where you said it would be. | 它确实就在你说的地方。干得好。 |
[41:48] | Good work. Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 |
[41:52] | I want you both to know that your help on this project was most appreciated. | 我想让你们俩知道。你们在这项工程中的工作是最有价值的。 |
[41:57] | Your country owes you a debt of gratitude. | 你的国家会感激你们所做的一切。 |
[42:02] | But we’re not done yet. | 但是我们还没有完成 |
[42:03] | Actually, we’re not done. | 事实上是,我们没有。 |
[42:06] | You two, however, have a plane waiting to take you home. | 有一架飞机正在等着你们,然后送你们回家. |
[42:09] | I’m sure I don’t need to remind you of the details of the non-disclosure agreement. | 我相信我不需要提醒你有关保密协议的细节。 |
[42:13] | Wait a minute. | 等一下。你正准备送一支队伍穿过星际之门,不是吗? |
[42:15] | You are going to send a team through the gate, aren’t you? | |
[42:18] | We’re assembling a team as we speak. | 在我们谈话时,我们已经召集了一支队伍。 |
[42:20] | But you saw the tape. We are that team. | 你看了带子! |
[42:22] | I mean, if anybody should be going it’s us. | 我们在那个队里, 我的意思是,如果有什么人要过去,应该是我们! |
[42:24] | I’m sorry, Dr. Jackson, but neither you nor Dr. Carter | 我很抱歉,Jackson博士, |
[42:28] | possess the training or qualifications for a mission like this. | 你和Carter博士都没有, 受过承担这种任务的训练或是拥有资格。 |
[42:31] | That’s just the way it is. | 这个就是那种任务。 |