时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:45] | Open up this door! | 开门! |
[00:52] | – I got him. – What the hell is going on? | -抓到他了 -怎么回事? |
[00:55] | Colonel Mitchell. | Mitchell中校 |
[00:57] | Yeah. | 是 |
[00:58] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[01:00] | Bring him. | 把他带走 |
[01:19] | – Oh my God… – Colonel Mitchell, | -哦 上帝 -Mitchell中校 |
[01:22] | I’m placing you under arrest for the murder of Dr. Reya Varrick. | 我以谋杀Reya Varrick博士的罪名逮捕你 “Collateral Damage「间接伤害」” “24小时前” |
[01:32] | Season 9 – Episode 12 Collateral Damage | |
[02:41] | Sorry to keep you waiting Emissary, I wasn’t expecting anyone. | 对不起让您久等了 特使 我没想到有人会来 |
[02:45] | Well, I apologize for coming so late, | 很抱歉这么晚过来 |
[02:49] | but the Committee just completed its deliberations. | 但是议会 刚刚完成决议 |
[02:53] | You’ve chosen a new leader for the project? | 你们为项目选了一个新领导? |
[02:55] | Yes, we have. | 是的 |
[03:00] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[03:02] | I’m honored. | 这是我的荣幸 |
[03:03] | We expect… | 我们期待 |
[03:05] | great things from you Doctor. | 博士你的伟大贡献 |
[03:10] | Along with your… | 随同你的 |
[03:12] | new responsibilities, you will have a higher security clearance. | 新职责 你将获得一个更高级别的安全出入证 |
[03:16] | You already know about the ring of course. | 你应该已经知道有关“戒指”的事情了吧 |
[03:18] | – Yes, Sir. – What you don’t know… | -是的先生 -你所不知道的 |
[03:21] | is that we’ve used it to visit | 是我们已经用它访问了 |
[03:23] | over a dozen inhabited worlds… | 许多有存在生命的世界 |
[03:25] | and there may be thousands more out there. | 并且那里可能还有更多这样的世界存在 |
[03:28] | My God. | 天哪! |
[03:30] | As ambassador to those worlds, I’ve seen first hand the kind of technologies that exist in the galaxy. | 作为这些世界的大使 我早已掌握星系中的那些技术 |
[03:36] | Giant ships capable of traveling between the stars… | 航行于星际之间的大型飞船 |
[03:40] | weapons of immeasurable power… | 威力巨大的战斗武器 |
[03:44] | Galar is vulnerable Doctor… | Galar是很脆弱的 博士 |
[03:47] | the project… | 这个项目 |
[03:48] | may be our only hope for survival. | 可能是我们能幸存下去的唯一希望 |
[03:53] | We’ll do our best Sir… | 我们会尽最大的努力 先生 |
[04:04] | Colonel? | 中校? |
[04:05] | How do you feel? | 感觉如何? |
[04:12] | That’s just weird. | 有点怪异 |
[04:15] | I was having a conversation with you. | 我觉得在和你谈话 |
[04:17] | It was about a year ago… | 好像是在一年以前 |
[04:20] | but we just met yesterday. | 但是我们昨天才认识 |
[04:22] | I was the one who had a conversation with Dr. Varrick. | 我才是那个和Varrick博士谈过话的人 |
[04:26] | What you experienced, was my memory. | 你所体验的是我的记忆 |
[04:29] | – That’s amazing. – Believe me Dr. Jackson, this is just the beginning. | -真奇妙啊 -相信我 Jackson博士 这只是一个开始 |
[04:33] | The memory was copied from the Emissary’s mind and spliced into yours. | 那些记忆是从特使脑子里复制后移植到你的脑海里的 |
[04:37] | Once there… | 一旦 |
[04:39] | it was incorporated into your consciousness, | 它与你的意识融为一体 |
[04:41] | like a transplant organ becoming part of a new body. | 就像一个移植的器官成为新身体的一部分 |
[04:46] | I could swear I was there. | 我发誓我在那里 |
[04:50] | I don’t really know what we were talking about… | 我真不知道我们在谈什么 |
[04:53] | but we were talking. | 但是我们的确是在谈话 |
[04:55] | Of course this was just a small demonstration, we’re still perfecting the process | 当然这只是一个小小的演示 我们仍在进一步完善流程 |
[04:59] | but we believe | 而且我们相信 |
[05:01] | eventually the device will become an invaluable educational tool. | 这个设备最终将会成为一个无价的教育工具 |
[05:05] | Imagine… | 想像一下 |
[05:05] | your most brilliant surgeons or engineers instantaneously transferring the full memory of their education and experience to young students. | 你们那些最优秀的外科医生或工程师 将他们知识和经验的记忆瞬间传送到学生的脑海之中 |
[05:13] | You could conceivably cut their training time from years to mere weeks. | 你就可以令人信服地把学生们的培训时间 从几年缩减到仅仅几个礼拜 |
[05:16] | And you say you adapted this technology from a Goa’uld memory device. | 你说你采用的技术是来自于一个Goa’uld的记忆装置 |
[05:19] | That’s correct. | 是这样的 |
[05:21] | If you don’t mind our asking, where did you get your hands on one? | 如果你不介意 请问你能从哪里搞一台? |
[05:24] | This planet has been under the protection of the Asgard for many generations. But it was originally occupied by the Goa’uld. | 这个星球已经在Asgard的保护下 经历了好几代了 但是它最初是属于Goa’uld的 |
[05:31] | That device was discovered by archeologists over 100 years ago. | 这个设备 是考古学家在100多年前发现的 |
[05:34] | But it wasn’t until recently that our understanding of the technology, advanced to the point where we could create the memory transfer. | 但是直到最近我们才掌握了该技术 使我们到了能够建立记忆传送的地步 |
[05:41] | It was Dr. Varrick, who made the final breakthrough. | 是Varrick博士 她完成了最终的突破 |
[05:44] | The Emissary is exaggerating. | 特使过奖了 |
[05:46] | I was just the last in a long line of scientists working on the project. | 我只是该项目里众多科学家中的最后一个 |
[05:49] | The last is the one who gets it right. | 最后一个 但是获得了最后的成功 |
[05:54] | What? | 什么? |
[05:58] | The Galaran’s haven’t perfected the memory implant technology to the point where it would have widespread applications. | Galaran他们还没有把记忆植入技术 完善到足以广泛运用的地步 |
[06:03] | But from colonel Mitchell’s experience it sounds like they’re well on their way. | 但是从Mitchell中校的经历看来 他们做的不错 |
[06:06] | If they succeed it could artificially accelerate their technological advancement. | 如果他们成功了 那就人为地加速了他们的技术进步 |
[06:10] | I think that’s the point. | 我认为那才是关键 |
[06:12] | I’m saying it could be dangerous. | 我说这也有可能存在危险 |
[06:14] | We’re hardly in a position to judge Dr. Jackson, | 我们很难辨别 Jackson博士 |
[06:16] | for the past nine years SG-1 has been routinely employing technologies that are well beyond our level of advancement. | 在过去的九年里 SG-1使用的诸多日常技术 很多都超过了我们现有的水平 |
[06:22] | The Asgard are busy rebuilding, | Asguard正忙于重建之中 |
[06:24] | which means they haven’t been around to do much protecting. | 这就意味着 他们不能在我们周围提供过多的保护 |
[06:26] | The Galaran’s feel like they need to play catch up. | Galaran他们认为有必要追赶 |
[06:28] | In all likelihood that is the reason they are seeking a relationship with the Tau’ri. | 这十有八九就是 他们试图与Tau’ri 「地球」 建立关系的原因吧 |
[06:32] | They are undoubtedly aware of our success against the Goa’uld. | 他们无疑已经意识到 我们成功打败了Goa’uld |
[06:35] | So what exactly do they want? | 那他们到底想要什么呢? |
[06:37] | I mean aside from our goodwill and fellowship? | 我是说除了我们的善意和友情之外 |
[06:39] | Well right now they have no interstellar capability except for the Gate itself. | 嗯 现在他们还没有星际旅行的能力除非使用“星际之门” |
[06:43] | They’ve been working on hyperdrive technology but without much success. | 他们一直致力于超光速推进力的研究中 但是没有什么进展 |
[06:46] | And they want to offer this memory device in exchange for our help? | 而且他们想拿这种记忆装置来换取我们的帮助? |
[06:49] | Well the emissary was reluctant to get into specifics. I think he wanted to… | 好吧 特使不太愿意深入到细节之中 我认为他是想 |
[06:53] | wet our appetite for the technology before we started bargaining. | 让我们在议价之前 眼红一下这个技术 |
[06:55] | Well, it worked. | 哦 起作用了 |
[06:56] | The joint chiefs are already salivating over the idea of training jet pilots in a manner of days. | 几天之内训练好飞行员 联合长官们已经在垂涎这个主意了 |
[07:01] | We need to set up another meeting. | 我们还要再开一次会 |
[07:03] | No need sir. | 不用了 长官 |
[07:04] | We’ve already been invited back for a reception in honor of the scientists who developed the implant technology. | 我们正要回去参加记忆植入开发小组的庆功招待会 |
[07:08] | I’m hoping there’ll be dancing. | 我希望那里有舞会 |
[07:11] | Sir. | 长官 |
[07:21] | Check that out… | 去查一下 |
[07:23] | even on an alien world. A wallflower. | 即使是在一个陌生世界 一个局外人 |
[07:25] | Dr. Amuro, he’s worked on the project for many years. | Amuro博士 他从事该项目已经好多年了 |
[07:28] | Well, it doesn’t look like he’s enjoying the party. | 看起来他不怎么喜欢聚会 |
[07:31] | You know how it is with scientists, | 你了解的 科学家们就是这样 |
[07:32] | we spend so much time in the lab, I think that’s where we feel most comfortable. | 在实验室呆的时间太多了 我认为那才是我们最舒服的地方 |
[07:36] | In your case I find that hard to believe. | 对于你说的我很难相信 |
[07:39] | Are you suggesting, I don’t work as hard as my colleagues? | 你是不是在暗示 我不像同事那样努力工作? |
[07:41] | No, no, God no. | 没有 绝无此意 |
[07:44] | That’s supposed to be a compliment. | 这应该算是一种恭维 |
[07:47] | Guess I’ll have to take your word for it. | 看来我不得不接受你的观点了啊 |
[07:48] | No, it’s not that I don’t appreciate the potential of the technology, it’s just that we’re talking about your memory here. | 不 并不是我不赞赏 这种技术的潜力 只是我们在这里谈论的是你的记忆 |
[07:52] | It’s fundamental to your identity if you can’t trust it… you’re lost. | 主要是你的身份问题 如果你不相信 你就迷失了 |
[07:56] | Your memory is already less objected than you think it is Dr. Jackson… | 比起你所想的 你的记忆的客观性本来就较少 Jackson博士 |
[07:59] | Well he’s got a point… | 嗯 他说对了 |
[08:00] | I mean just ask any cop whose had to take eyewitness testimony. | 我的意思是只要问一下 任何一个需要目击证人证词的警察 |
[08:03] | Yes, but there’s a difference between getting a license plate number wrong and | 是的 但是有一点不同 在于弄错驾驶牌照以及 |
[08:06] | not knowing if the four years you spent in college ever actually happened. | 不知道你是否真的 在大学里呆过四年 |
[08:08] | Yes, but that would never be the case. | 是的 但是这永远不可能的 |
[08:10] | Because everyone receiving the treatment would be aware of what they will getting. | 因为接受处理的每个人都将意识到他们会得到什么 |
[08:14] | So long as the technology is not abused. | 只要技术不被滥用 |
[08:16] | Well that’s a risk with all new technologies. | 嗯 所有的技术都存在这样的风险 |
[08:18] | Easily said by one who has not been the victim of such abuse. | 不是技术滥用的受害者 说起来当然轻松 |
[08:22] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[08:26] | Reya. | |
[08:28] | Dr. Marell, this is lieutenant colonel Mitchell. | Marell博士 这位是Mitchell中校 |
[08:32] | We have to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[08:34] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[08:40] | How’s it going? | 怎么样了 |
[08:42] | I don’t think the diplomacy is my thing. | 我想我不负责外交 |
[08:45] | That’s what you’re doing. | 那是你要做的事 |
[08:47] | What? | 什么? |
[08:48] | Nothing, nothing. | 没什么 |
[09:00] | Reya wait. | Reya等一下 |
[09:01] | Why wasn’t I informed of this? | 为什么不告诉我这个 |
[09:03] | Excuse me. What? | 抱歉 你说什么? |
[09:05] | You moved up the test schedule | 你把计划提前了 |
[09:07] | and you selected a group of volunteers. When did this happen? | 而且你选了一支志愿部队 这是什么时候的事情? |
[09:10] | We’ve been very impressed with your progress. We thought it was time | 你的进展给我们留下了深刻的印象 我们觉得应该是时候了 |
[09:13] | to take your research to its next level. | 把你的研究推进到下一步 |
[09:15] | You should take this as a compliment. | 把这当作对你个人的褒奖 |
[09:17] | I noticed all the test subjects are military officers. How should I take that? | 我注意到所有的测试对象都是军事人员 我该怎么看待呢? |
[09:20] | This is still a classified operation. | 这个还是当作机密来运作 |
[09:22] | You gave me your personal assurance this project would remain under civilian control. | 你向我保证过 这个项目在非军事控制上会有所保留 |
[09:26] | And so it has. The military is simply making their contribution. | 当然是这样了 军队方面只是做了一点贡献而已 |
[09:30] | Well I’ve seen what those contributions can lead to. | 我已经看到了这些贡献所得到的最终后果 |
[09:32] | You’re overreacting and in any case, this is hardly the place to discuss it. | 你有点过激了 不管怎么样我们不能在这里争论 |
[09:36] | This conversation isn’t over. | 谈话还没有结束呢 |
[09:41] | I’ll be back. | 我马上回来 |
[09:45] | Reya! Wait up. | Raya!等等 |
[09:47] | What was all that about? | 都是怎么了? |
[09:49] | I should have seen this coming. | 我早该料到这一天啊 |
[09:51] | They’re going to take the project away from me. | 他们不打算让我参加这个项目了 |
[09:53] | Why would they do that? You’re the one that figured it out. | 为什么他们要这么做?你才是解决问题的关键 |
[09:56] | Which means they no longer need me. | 就是说他们不再需要我了 |
[09:58] | I know where this is coming from. It’s the general staff. | 我知道是怎么回事了 一定是总指挥部命令的 |
[10:01] | They want to control the technology without any interference from civilian scientists. | 他们想占有技术 且不想有民间科学家来干预 |
[10:05] | I swore I wouldn’t let that happen. | 我曾发誓不让它发生 |
[10:08] | Why am I telling you this? | 我为什么要和你说这些? |
[10:10] | You’re a military officer yourself. | 你自己就是一个军事人员 |
[10:12] | If you get your hands on the device the same thing will happen on your planet. | 如果你也想占用这台设备 同样的事情也会发生在你们的星球上 |
[10:15] | I’m not a big fan of misusing technology on any planet. | 在任何一个星球上 我都不是那种滥用技术的狂热者 |
[10:19] | And I might be able to help you out. | 我想我能帮你 |
[10:22] | What do you mean? | 你的意思是? |
[10:24] | Well, obviously your government is keen on forming a relationship with mine. | 嗯 很明显你们的政府正热衷于和我们搞好关系 |
[10:28] | That gives us some leverage. | 这给我们提供了很好的机会 |
[10:30] | You’d use your influence to help me? | 你想用你的影响力来帮助我? |
[10:33] | I could try. | 我可以试一试 |
[10:36] | Well. | 好吧 |
[10:39] | I really don’t want to go back out there. | 我真不想回那里去 |
[10:42] | Maybe you could do me a favor and walk me home. | 或许你可以陪我走回家 |
[10:44] | It’s not far. | 不太远的 |
[10:45] | But I don’t like to walk alone at night. | 但是我不喜欢深夜独自行走 |
[10:49] | Really? | 是么? |
[10:51] | Don’t they have crime on your planet? | 他们在你的星球上有犯罪行为么? |
[10:55] | Oh yeah. | 有的 |
[11:13] | Don’t move. | 别动 |
[11:18] | The night the emissary… | 那天晚上特使他 |
[11:20] | told you that they put you in charge of the project, | 告诉你他们让你 来负责这个项目 |
[11:22] | he came here, right? | 他来这里了 对不对? |
[11:25] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[11:27] | This is weird. | 那就奇怪了 |
[11:29] | I mean, I know I’ve never been here before but, | 我是说我知道自己从未来过这里 但是 |
[11:32] | I recognize this place. | 我熟悉这个地方 |
[11:35] | Then you know where the drinks are. | 你知道饮料在那里 |
[11:37] | Help yourself and pour me one too. | 给你我都倒了一杯 |
[11:56] | It’s impressive. | 印象深刻 |
[11:59] | Do all government scientists live like this? | 政府的科学家们的住所都是这样的? |
[12:02] | The success of the project has brought me a few privileges. | 项目的成功 给我带来了一点点特权 |
[12:06] | Sometimes I feel a little guilty. | 有时候我感到有点愧疚 |
[12:08] | Most of my colleagues from my days at the academy don’t live nearly so well. | 我在研究所的绝大多数同事 他们的生活并不都这么好过 |
[12:11] | Well, I’m sure you deserve it. | 嗯 我认为这是你应得的 |
[12:23] | That doesn’t pull any punches does it. | 我可是毫无保留地说 |
[12:25] | After the day I just had that’s the whole point. | 那天之后我就全都明白了 |
[12:31] | So, you… | 所以你 |
[12:34] | live here on your own? | 一个人住在这里? |
[12:36] | Why do you ask? | 为什么问这个? |
[12:38] | That’s a big place. | 这里真大 |
[12:40] | I don’t know. Just… | 我不知道 只是 |
[12:42] | just curious I guess. | 我想只是因为好奇罢了 |
[12:44] | I thought that was your clever way of asking if I was married. | 我还以为你是想巧妙地 问我是否结婚了 |
[12:49] | I’m not that clever. | 我没那么聪明 |
[12:50] | Well, anyway the answer’s yes. I live alone. | 嗯 不管怎么样 答案是 我一个人住 |
[12:54] | I was married for a while, but the job got in the way. | 我结过婚的 但工作影响了婚姻 |
[12:59] | Well, that much I understand. | 嗯 我理解 |
[13:01] | Then we’re not so different after all. | 其实我俩差不多 |
[13:13] | We shouldn’t do this. | 我们不应该这样做 |
[13:15] | You wouldn’t have come here if you didn’t want to. | 如果你不想 你就不会来这儿了 |
[13:20] | I didn’t say… | 我没说 |
[13:22] | I didn’t want to. | 我不想 |
[13:38] | Emissary what’s going on? Where’s colonel Mitchell? | 特使 怎么回事?Mitchell中校在哪儿? |
[13:41] | He’s been taken into custody. | 他被关起来了 |
[13:44] | Why? | 为什么? |
[13:45] | He killed Dr. Varrick. | 他杀了Varrick博士 |
[13:46] | – What? – That’s insane. | -什么? -这太疯狂了 |
[13:48] | When we found him, his blood alcohol level was extremely high. | 我们发现他的时候 他血液中的酒精含量很高 |
[13:51] | I suspect it was probably some kind of unpremeditated crime of passion. | 我怀疑这可能是非预谋的 是一时冲动而犯下的罪 |
[13:55] | We all know they left the reception together. | 我们都知道他们是一起离开庆功会的 |
[13:58] | That’s hardly evidence. | 这算不上是证据 |
[13:59] | We also found her blood on his hands | 我们也在他手上发现了血迹 |
[14:02] | and his fingerprints on the murder weapon, | 而且凶器上也有他的指纹 |
[14:04] | but most importantly, | 最关键的一点是 |
[14:06] | he confessed. | 他承认了 |
[14:15] | Cam, what happened? | Cam 发生什么事了? |
[14:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:19] | I mean, the whole night is just a blur. | 我是说 整个晚上都模糊不清 |
[14:27] | I just remember feeling this insane… | 我只是记得感觉到这种疯狂 |
[14:30] | anger. | 愤怒 |
[14:32] | I don’t know why… | 我不知道为什么 |
[14:37] | I picked up the statue… | 我捡起那座雕像 |
[14:42] | and I hit her with it. | 用它打了她 |
[14:48] | She was lying there, | 她就倒在那里 |
[14:50] | helpless, and I… | 很无助 而我 |
[14:54] | It wasn’t you, ok? | 那不是你 好吗? |
[14:57] | These people can implant memories. | 这些人能植入记忆 |
[14:59] | Yeah, I’ve been trying to tell myself the same thing all morning | 是的 整个早上我也是试图这么告诉自己 |
[15:01] | but it doesn’t stop me from still seeing her face. | 但我无法忘记她的脸 |
[15:06] | What if I told you everything that happened to you yesterday was a false memory? | 如果我告诉你昨天发生的 所有事都是虚假的记忆 那会怎样? |
[15:13] | How would you know the difference? | 你怎么知道真假? |
[15:17] | The Emissary would like to speak with the prisoner. | 特使要与犯人讲话 |
[15:20] | We need to talk about this so-called evidence you have against colonel Mitchell. | 我们该谈谈这个所谓的证据 就是你用来指证Mitchell中校的证据 |
[15:23] | That won’t be necessary. | 不必了 |
[15:25] | Colonel Mitchell is free to return to Earth. | Mitchell中校可以自由地回地球了 |
[15:29] | I’m what? | 我 什么? |
[15:31] | I’m trying to convince the Cabinet to maintain your diplomatic status, | 我在试图说服内阁 保留你的外交身份 |
[15:34] | but I may not succeed. | 但失败了 |
[15:36] | Wait a minute. If they think I’m guilty why are they letting me go? | 等等 如果他们认为我有罪 那为什么让我走呢? |
[15:40] | They believe it is in the best interest of interplanetary relations | 他们认为这样做对星际关系最有好处 |
[15:44] | to put this difficult business behind us, | 先把这件难事搁一搁 |
[15:46] | as quickly and as quietly as possible. | 尽快尽可能安静地 |
[15:48] | Colonel Mitchell has been falsely accused. | Mitchell中校是被诬陷的 |
[15:50] | Which means there could still be a murderer out there. | 也就是说 真凶仍逍遥法外 |
[15:52] | Let’s be realistic here. | 还是现实一点吧 |
[15:54] | Very few people | 很少人 |
[15:55] | have access to the memory device. | 能够接触到记忆设备 |
[15:58] | Even fewer have the skills to manipulate it in this manner. | 懂得如何操作它的人更少 |
[16:01] | And none that I can think of have any motive. | 而且我不觉得他们中的哪个人有动机 |
[16:04] | Colonel Mitchell should be grateful. | Mitchell中校应当感谢才对 |
[16:06] | Under our rules of evidence he would be convicted of this crime. | 按照我们对证据的定义 他是有罪的 |
[16:09] | I should be grateful to walk away and have this memory stuck in my head for the rest of my life? | 我应该满怀感激地走开 并把这个记忆留在我的余生里? |
[16:14] | Alright then. | 那好吧 |
[16:15] | If you agree to close the matter, we can have the incident removed from your mind | 如果你同意此事作罢 我们可以把它从你的记忆中移出 |
[16:18] | and replace it… | 并代之以 |
[16:19] | with a memory of a pleasant, uneventful evening. | 一个愉快平静夜晚的记忆 |
[16:23] | Just like that? | 就这样? |
[16:25] | Forget it ever happened? | 忘记曾经发生过的? |
[16:26] | Precisely. | 是的 |
[16:28] | On the other hand, | 另外 |
[16:30] | if you insist on a full investigation I won’t be able to protect you. | 假如你坚持要彻底调查 那我也不会再保护你了 |
[16:34] | If the evidence continues to point to your guilt, | 如果证据仍然表明你有罪 |
[16:36] | you will be subject to the full force of our laws. | 你将受到我们法律的彻底制裁 |
[16:38] | And the penalty for murder is death. | 并且对谋杀的惩罚是死刑 |
[16:41] | Cameron, we need to be really careful here, | Cameron 我们在这里真的要小心 |
[16:43] | we have no idea how their legal system works, | 我们不清楚他们的法律系统如何运作 |
[16:45] | – we don’t know what kind of rights… – Sam. | -而且我们不知道我们享有哪些权利 |
[16:49] | I need to do this. | 我需要这么做 |
[16:52] | I want to know what really happened. | 我想知道事实 |
[16:55] | You can tell the Galarans that until colonel Mitchell is returned all trade talks are suspended. | 你可以告诉Galarans 在Mitchell中校返回之前暂停所有的交易 |
[17:00] | He doesn’t want to come back. | 他不想回来 |
[17:01] | He wants to force them to conduct a full investigation. | 他想迫使他们进行全面地调查 |
[17:03] | I don’t give a damn what he wants. | 我才不管他想干什么呢 |
[17:05] | Look, General… | 将军 |
[17:06] | It’s easy for us to sit here and be certain he didn’t do it, but look at it from his point of view. | 对于我们来说倒是很容易坐在这儿相信他没干 但是从他的角度考虑一下 |
[17:10] | No matter what we say he’s still gonna have the memory of murdering that woman with his own hands. | 不论我们说什么 他仍然会觉得那个女的是他亲手杀死的 |
[17:14] | You said the Emissary offered to have the memory removed. | 你说过特使答应移除记忆的 |
[17:17] | Well he’d still know that she’d been killed and | 而他仍然会知道她被谋杀并且 |
[17:19] | I’m sure he’d be curious why no one was held accountable for it. | 我确信他会奇怪 为什么没人被逮捕对来此事负责 |
[17:24] | He’s taking an awful chance. | 他的选择看来不太明智 |
[17:26] | I believe it highly unlikely that the Galarans would execute colonel Mitchell. | 我认为Galarans处死Mitchell中校的可能性极小 |
[17:30] | It would severely hinder the possibility of future relations with the Tau’ri. | 这将严重阻碍未来与Tau’ri建立关系的可能性 |
[17:33] | Sir, I’ve already spoken with Dr. Marrell. | 长官 我已经和Marrell博士谈过了 |
[17:35] | He says they can use the implant technology to determine if the memory is genuine or not. | 他说他们能够使用植入技术来确认记忆的真假 |
[17:40] | I don’t want him hooked up to that damn machine again without one of you present. | 没有你们中的一个在场 我不想让他再被绑到那个该死的机器上 |
[17:43] | I’ll be observing the analysis. | 我会一直留心分析的过程的 |
[17:45] | In the meantime Teal’c and Daniel have been granted access | 同时Teal’c和Daniel已经被授权允许访问 |
[17:47] | to all the material relevant to the investigation. | 所有与调查有关的资料 |
[17:51] | Very well. | 很好 |
[18:06] | Dr. Marrell and Dr. Amuro will be conducting the analysis. | Marrell博士和Amuro博士将进行分析工作 |
[18:11] | Now, if there’s anything else you require. | 现在 你还需要什么吗? |
[18:13] | As a matter of fact there is. | 说实话是的 |
[18:15] | I understand a sample of colonel Mitchell’s blood was taken, when he was arrested. | 我知道Mitchell被捕时 他们采集了他的血样 |
[18:19] | In order to determine his blood alcohol level, yes. | 为了确定他血液中的酒精含量 对 |
[18:22] | We’d like a portion of that sample sent back to Stargate Command. | 我们想要一部分血样 送回星门指挥部 |
[18:25] | Just to corroborate your results, of course. | 当然 只是为了确认一下你们的结果 |
[18:29] | I’ll see to it. | 我会负责此事的 |
[18:30] | You can take the guards with you. | 你可以把警卫带上 |
[18:32] | This man has been accused of murder. | 此人被控谋杀 |
[18:34] | I don’t want them in my lab. | 我不想让他们在我的实验室里 |
[18:38] | You can wait outside. | 你们可以在外面等 |
[18:41] | And you fellas sure you want to be left alone with me? | 你确定想留下单独与我在一起么? |
[18:44] | Dr. Varrick was our colleague. If we thought for one minute you actually killed her, | Varrick博士是我们的同事 如果我们发现真的是你杀了她 |
[18:47] | we wouldn’t be helping you. | 那我们就不会帮你了 |
[18:48] | Then who do you think did kill her? | 那你们认为是谁杀了她? |
[18:52] | Reya was going to do everything she could to oppose the militarization of the project. | Reya正打算尽一切可能反对该项目的军事化 |
[18:55] | So they got rid of her. | 所以他们干掉了她 |
[18:58] | Why frame me? | 那为什么诬陷我呢? |
[18:59] | They assumed you’d claim diplomatic immunity and therefore no prosecution would be necessary. | 他们想你可以利用外交豁免权 这样就不需要起诉了 |
[19:03] | Whole thing was to be swept under the carpet. | 整件事就会这样被掩饰 |
[19:06] | They assumed wrong. | 他们想错了 |
[19:07] | And for that we are grateful. | 而对此我们表示感谢 |
[19:09] | Can you prove the memory’s false? | 你能证明记忆是假的? |
[19:10] | Well, unfortunately Dr. Varrick was the most qualified to do this work. | 嗯 不幸的是 Varrick博士才是做这个工作的最佳人选 |
[19:13] | I’m sure you’ll do fine. | 我相信你会做好的 |
[19:16] | Please. | 请 |
[19:37] | Brain activity is extremely fluid. | 脑部活动极其不稳定 |
[19:39] | We can’t read a memory like opening a drawer and pulling out a file. | 我们不能像打开一个抽屉 取出一份文件那样来读出记忆 |
[19:43] | Patterns shift and mutate. | 模式移动变异 |
[19:46] | One memory colors another. | 一处记忆影响另一处 |
[19:48] | That’s why it’s so difficult to create a successful graft. | 这就是为什么成功植入 是如此之难的原因 |
[19:50] | You have to be careful not to cause too many inconsistencies. | 你得感谢没有遇到太多的麻烦 |
[19:54] | Alright Colonel, | 好 中校 |
[19:55] | we need to establish a base line. | 我们需要建立一个基线 |
[19:57] | What I have done is identify a series of key memories from your childhood. | 我所做的就是要识别 从你孩童起的一系列关键记忆 |
[20:01] | These are seminal moments, they stand out like signposts | 这些是精确的运动 它们在那儿就像路标 |
[20:04] | and they influence everything that came after them. | 影响在其后发生的每一件事 |
[20:07] | I’m gonna activate one now. | 我要激活其中一个 |
[20:16] | Dr. Peters to examination room 1. Dr. Peters. | Peters医生请到一号检查室 Peters医生 |
[20:21] | You alright? | 你还好吧? |
[20:22] | Yeah. It’s just… weird. | 还好 只是有点奇怪 |
[20:25] | What are you seeing? | 你看到了什么? |
[20:27] | I’m in the V.A hospital where they brought my father after his accident. | 我在VA医院 在我父亲出事之后被带到了那儿 |
[20:31] | He was a test pilot, right? | 他是试飞员 对吗? |
[20:33] | Yeah. | 对 |
[20:57] | It’s the first time I saw him after the crash. | 这是坠毁之后我第一次看到他 |
[21:01] | Scared the hell out of me to see him like that, | 看到他那样差点把我吓得半死 |
[21:04] | somehow he | 然而 |
[21:05] | made it seem that everything was gonna be OK. | 他却让一切事情看起来都很正常 |
[21:08] | We’re moving into a related memory now. | 我们到了相关的记忆处 |
[21:17] | It’s a couple of months later. | 这是几个月之后 |
[21:21] | We’re watching the launch of the first space shuttle. | 我们在观看第一艘航天飞机的发射 |
[21:23] | God, I can’t be much more than | 老天啊 我才只不过 |
[21:25] | ten years old. | 10来岁 |
[21:27] | Go baby, go! | 上 孩子 上 |
[21:28] | What do you think of that Cam? | 你认为那是什么 Cam? |
[21:30] | Space planes. | 太空船 |
[21:32] | I tell you what, | 我告诉你 |
[21:33] | if they can pull that off, | 如果他们连这都能做到 |
[21:34] | the least I can do is walk again, right? | 至少我能做到再次行走 对吗? |
[21:42] | Well done Colonel. | 干得好 中校 |
[21:49] | So what’s next? | 那么接下来呢? |
[21:51] | With this data, we should be able to precisely calibrate the equipment | 有了这个数据 我们应该能够精确地校正设备 |
[21:55] | and then comes the hard part. | 并且接着进行难的部分 |
[21:57] | We’ll need to run through your memories of the murder. | 我们需要穿过你的谋杀记忆 |
[22:00] | We may have to do it several times. | 我们可能得做好几次 |
[22:03] | Great. | 太好了 |
[22:07] | Teal’c, Dr. Jackson, what can I do for you? | Teal’c、Jackson博士 需要我帮忙吗? |
[22:10] | We’ve got a problem. | 我们遇到了一个问题 |
[22:12] | This data file was supposed to contain all the materials relevant to the murder investigation but | 该数据文件包含与谋杀调查有关的所有数据 但是 |
[22:15] | large sections of Dr. Varrick’s personal records have been deleted. | Varrick博士的大部分的个人纪录已经被删除了 |
[22:20] | Well, she was involved in a number of our most top secret projects. | 嗯 她涉及到了我们绝大部分的最高机密项目 |
[22:23] | The deletions were made in the interests of national security. | 删除是出于国家安全利益方面的考虑 |
[22:26] | But I’m sure there’s nothing in the missing material that has any baring on the investigation. | 但我确信缺失的部分中 不会有任何东西会与这次调查有关 |
[22:29] | How are we to be certain? | 我们怎么相信呢? |
[22:31] | Because I’m telling you. | 因为我正在告诉你呢 |
[22:53] | We must be missing something. | 我们一定是缺了些什么 |
[22:54] | We’ve been through it three times. | 我们过了三次 |
[22:57] | What’s the problem? | 怎么回事? |
[22:57] | – Well, maybe we should run another diagnostic. – It’s not gonna change the result. | -嗯 也许我们应该进行另一项的诊断 -结果还是一样 |
[23:01] | I need some air. | 让我透一下气 |
[23:05] | So far we can’t find any evidence that the memory is false. | 至今我们还不能找到任何证据 证明记忆是假的 |
[23:08] | According to these results, colonel Mitchell really did murder Dr. Varrick. | 从这些结果来看 Mitchell中校确实谋杀了Varrick博士 |
[23:25] | Dr. Marrell, you have to continue with the analysis, please. | Marrell博士 你得继续分析 求你了 |
[23:30] | – You know he didn’t do this. – That’s not what the machine says. | -你知道他没干这事 -可是这个机器没说不是他干的 |
[23:33] | Look. | 瞧 |
[23:34] | – I know Dr. Varrick was your friend. – She was more than that, Colonel. | -我知道Varrick博士是你的朋友 -不止是朋友 中校 |
[23:41] | She was my wife. | 她曾是我妻子 |
[23:46] | We had been separated for two years. | 我们分开两年了 |
[23:50] | I guess I was still hoping there might be a chance. | 我猜我还在希望会有机会 |
[23:54] | I can’t help you. | 我帮不了你 |
[24:03] | Sir, Dr. Liam’s in surgery, but she wanted you to see this right away. | 长官 Lam医生在实验室 她想让你立刻看看这个 |
[24:07] | It’s the results of the analysis of colonel Mitchell’s blood sample. | 这是Mitchell中校血样的分析结果 |
[24:10] | Anything useful? | 有什么有用的吗? |
[24:12] | Yes Sir. She wanted you to know that the troponins were negative but the C.K and the myoglobins were up. | 是的长官 她想让你知道肌钙蛋白是阴性的 但是CK和肌血球素升高 |
[24:17] | No wait. The myoglobins were negative but the C.K and the troponins were up. | 不 等等 肌血球素是阴性 但是CK和肌钙蛋白升高 |
[24:24] | – No wait. – Walter… | -不 等等 |
[24:26] | Sir, whatever it was, | 长官 不论这么样 |
[24:27] | it means that when the sample was taken colonel Mitchell had been recently either stunned or | 这意味着采到样本时 Mitchell中校近期被打昏过或者 |
[24:32] | rendered unconscious by some kind of electrical charge. | 被某种电击设备击昏过 |
[24:35] | Like a Zat Gun? | 比如Zat枪? |
[24:36] | Yes Sir, or some such similar… | 是的长官 或某种类似的 |
[24:40] | thing. | 工具 |
[24:52] | This is hardly proof of colonel Mitchell’s innocence. | 这几乎不能成为Mitchell中校无辜的证据 |
[24:55] | Well, on Earth you have to prove guilt. | 嗯 在地球上你必须想办法证明他有罪 |
[24:58] | I know, we’re not on Earth. | 我知道 但我们不是在地球上 |
[25:00] | I’ll admit, its enough to suggest to them that the investigation should continue | 我得承认 这足以让他们继续进行调查 |
[25:04] | but Dr. Marrell has expressed reluctance to help you any further. | 但是Marrell博士已经表示 他不愿意再帮你了 |
[25:10] | At least let us talk to him. | 至少让我们跟他谈谈 |
[25:14] | I’m sorry about Reya. | Reya的事很抱歉 |
[25:18] | She told me she’d been married, | 她告诉我她结过婚 |
[25:20] | she didn’t tell me it was you. | 她没有告诉我是和你结婚 |
[25:22] | Would it have made any difference? | 有什么不同吗? |
[25:26] | I didn’t kill her. | 我没杀她 |
[25:28] | Even if I wanted to help you there’s nothing more I can do. | 即使我想帮你 但已经没什么可做的了 |
[25:31] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[25:32] | Well, as you know we used colonel Mitchell’s own memories to establish a comparative standard, | 好吧 你知道我们用Mitchell中校 自己的记忆建立一个比较的标准 |
[25:36] | and normally that should have been enough to identify any false readings, but… | 而一般来说那足以识别任何假的读数 但是 |
[25:39] | we were unable to do so. | 我们做不到 |
[25:41] | Which means either the memory is genuine or | 这意味着记忆或者是真的 或者 |
[25:43] | the transfer was so expertly done that the ordinary methods of detecting it are useless. | 植入做得太专业了 以至于正常的检测方法不管用 |
[25:47] | What other methods are there? | 还有其它的方法吗? |
[25:49] | Well, the only way would be to compare what happened the other night with a genuine memory of similar content and emotional resonance. | 嗯 唯一的方法就是比较一下有相似记忆内容 以及情感共鸣的另一个晚上发生了什么 |
[25:55] | So, unless colonel Mitchell’s made a habit of killing innocent people, | 因此 除非Mitchell中校有杀害无辜的习惯 |
[26:00] | we’re out of options. | 我们没什么可选的了 |
[26:03] | I may have what you need. | 我或许有你需要的 |
[26:09] | Hook me up. | 把我绑上 |
[26:22] | There it is. | 在这儿 |
[26:25] | What are we looking at? | 我们看到的是什么? |
[26:26] | The emotional resonance pattern of this memory is very similar to that of Dr. Varrick’s murder. | 该记忆的情感共鸣 非常类似于Varrick博士的谋杀 |
[26:39] | Mustang leader this is Mustang 3. Do we have a confirmation on the target yet? | 海军老大 我是海军三号 确认了目标没有? |
[26:44] | Negative Mustang 3, AWACS reports we’re still waiting on intel, maintain cap. | 还没有 海军三号 AWACS 报告我们还等待 保持战斗空中巡逻 |
[26:49] | I have tallied a three vehicle convoy just like the man said. | 我已经记录了一次三舰护航 就像那个人说的 |
[26:53] | Copy that 3, we’re still trying to confirm that the target is in the convoy. | 收到 三号 我们还在努力 确认目标处于护航中 |
[26:58] | Triple A on my three… breaking left. | 三架敌机位于我的三点钟方向 切断左侧 |
[27:08] | His heart rate just shot up. | 他的心跳速率突然上去了 |
[27:09] | Breathings shallow. | 呼吸加快了 |
[27:13] | I’m taking fire, do we have a confirmation yet? | 我要准备开火了 还没确认吗? |
[27:20] | Not exactly friendly skies out here boys and girls. Can I get a confirmation on that target? | 这里的天空并不太友好 孩子们 我可以确认那个目标吗? |
[27:24] | Mustang 3 you are cleared hot. Repeat you are cleared hot. | 海军三号 你可以开火了 重复一遍 你可以开火了 |
[27:28] | Pretty sure about this? | 确信? |
[27:30] | That’s affirmative. Bump up to 1500 for reacquisition. | 正确 升高到1500以重获目标 |
[27:34] | Roger that. | 明白 |
[27:45] | Weapon is armed… | 武器装备完毕 |
[27:49] | Bomb away. | 投弹完毕 |
[27:50] | Mustang 3! Mustang 3! Abort! Abort! | 海军三号 海军三号 取消 取消 |
[27:53] | What? No… no, no, no… | 什么?不不不 |
[27:54] | The bomb is away. | 已经投弹完毕了 |
[27:56] | What the hell’s going on Mustang leader? | 海军老大 你们在搞什么鬼? |
[27:58] | We’ve lost confirmation on the target. | 我们失去目标了 |
[28:00] | You’ve got to be kidding me. | 你在和我开玩笑吧 |
[28:02] | Can you confirm hit? | 你确认击中目标了? |
[28:04] | Stand by. | 等待确认 |
[28:10] | The target is destroyed. | 目标被摧毁 |
[28:14] | Oh shit. | 妈的 |
[28:19] | Sorry about that Captain. | 抱歉 中校 |
[28:24] | We were relying on local ally intelligence, so obviously someone dropped the ball. | 我们太依赖当地盟军的情报了 很明显有人搞错了 |
[28:28] | Who was the target? | 目标是谁? |
[28:32] | Was he in the convoy or not? | 他在护送队中么? |
[28:35] | Don’t do this to yourself? | 不要对自己这样? |
[28:39] | Who was in the convoy, Sir? | 谁在护送队中 长官? |
[28:43] | As far as we know it was a group of refugees. | 据我们所知是一群难民 |
[28:47] | This wasn’t your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[28:53] | But it doesn’t change the fact that I have to live with it… | 但我一生都会记得这件事情的 永远不会改变 |
[28:55] | for the rest of my life. | 在我的余生里 |
[29:04] | Please tell me you got what you need? | 请告诉我你得到想要的了吗? |
[29:05] | We’re analyzing the results now, just give us a few moments. | 我们现在在分析结果 请再给我们几分钟 |
[29:16] | You OK? | 你还好吗? |
[29:18] | No. | 不 |
[29:23] | It worked. | 起作用了! |
[29:25] | The new data indicates that the memory of Reya’s murder was implanted. | 新的数据显示 谋杀Reya的记忆是植入的 |
[29:30] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[29:31] | – I’ll inform the Emissary. – Hang on a second. | -我去通知特使 -等等 |
[29:34] | We may have proved that I didn’t kill her but we’re not finished, not by a long shot. | 我们已经证明了我并没有杀她 但事情还没完 决对没有 |
[29:39] | I have to know who did it. | 我想知道是谁杀的 |
[29:41] | And I’m not leaving here until we find out. | 在找到真凶之前 我是不会离开这里的 |
[29:50] | What exactly are we looking for? | 我们到底在找什么? |
[29:53] | Because we know the memory was implanted we can expect to find anomalies. | 我们知道记忆是被植入的 因此我们或许能发现点异常 |
[29:56] | Little moments where the brain is simply incapable of dealing with the inconsistencies that arise as a result of the graft. | 在短暂的瞬间里 大脑无法简单处理植入所导致的不一致性 |
[30:02] | Now, often these take the form of missing time, or | 现在 在识别我们周围的人的时候 |
[30:06] | sudden changes in the identities of people around us. | 经常采取丢失时间或突然改变的形式 |
[30:09] | Typically they centre on the splice points | 一般集中在接合点 |
[30:11] | where the memory starts and stops. | 记忆在此开始和停止 |
[30:13] | The problem is they can often be difficult to detect. | 问题是它们通常很被难检测到 |
[30:21] | Hey Sam. | |
[30:23] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:27] | He’s ready. | 他准备好了 |
[30:38] | You wanted to see us? | 你想见我们? |
[30:39] | I understand Dr. Marrell and Dr. Amuro were able to determine that the memory was an implant. | 我知道Marrell博士和Amuro博士能够确定记忆是植入的 |
[30:46] | I must say, I’m relieved. | 我得说 我解脱了 |
[30:49] | A trial could have been extremely detrimental to relations between our worlds. | 审判将会极端地损害我们两个世界之间的关系 |
[30:53] | Not to mention inconvenient for colonel Mitchell. | 更不用说给Mitchell中校带来的不便 |
[30:55] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[30:57] | I’m sure he’d like to return to Earth as soon as possible. | 我相信他想尽快返回地球 |
[31:00] | Actually, he’s still in the lab. | 事实上 他还留在实验室里 |
[31:01] | Colonel Mitchell believes that an analysis of the false memory | Mitchell中校相信 对假记忆的分析 |
[31:04] | could prove useful in determining the true identity of the murderer. | 会有助于确定谋杀者的真实身份 |
[31:08] | I’m sorry… | 很抱歉 |
[31:13] | but I won’t allow it. | 但我不允许这样做 |
[31:17] | We’ve already been more than generous | 我们已经够宽容的了 |
[31:18] | in putting our most important scientists and facilities at your disposal to determine colonel Mitchell’s innocence. | 按你们的要求提供我们最好的科学家和设备 来还Mitchell中校一个清白 |
[31:24] | But now it’s time they get back to their research. | 但现在该是他们回到他们各自岗位的时候了 |
[31:26] | Look, all we’re asking for is a little more time. | 我们所要的不过就是再多一点点时间而已 |
[31:29] | The project is already behind schedule. | 项目已经落后计划进度了 |
[31:31] | Dr. Marrell is the most qualified to lead the research now | Marrell博士现在是领导研究组的最佳人选 |
[31:34] | and his new responsibilities preclude him from participating in this investigation anymore. | 而他新的职责不允许他更多地参与调查 |
[31:38] | Colonel Mitchell was assaulted. | 有人袭击了Mitchell中校 |
[31:40] | His memories were manipulated against his will and an innocent woman was murdered. | 并且违反他的意愿 操纵他的记忆去杀害一个无辜的女人 |
[31:44] | Now, I’ve only worked with the guy a short period of time but I’m pretty sure he’s not gonna let this one go. | 虽然我只和他一起工作了一小段时间 但我确信他不会让凶手溜掉的 |
[31:49] | And if you want to get in his way… | 但是如果你想阻止他 |
[31:51] | let’s just say… | 就让我们说 |
[31:53] | when it comes time to decide if we want to pursue this relationship | 当有一天需要决定是否我们两个世界继续发展这种关系的时候 |
[31:56] | his opinion’s gonna carry a lot of weight. | 他的意见一定会占很重的份量 |
[32:08] | Cam? | |
[32:09] | No, I’m good… | 不 我很好 |
[32:10] | Well, are you sure you wanna continue this? | 那你确定你要继续吗? |
[32:13] | It’s possible that there are no anomalies or that they could be buried so deep, | 很可能不存在异常 或者它被藏得很深 |
[32:16] | we’ll never find them even if we go over it 100 times. | 而我们有可能永远不会发现 即使我们检查100次 |
[32:19] | It’s the least I can do for her now. | 我现在就能帮她这点忙了 |
[32:21] | Let’s keep going. | 我们继续 |
[32:23] | Alright. | 好的 |
[32:36] | There’s nothing here. | 这里什么也没有 |
[32:38] | There has to be… | 应该有的 |
[32:39] | I’ll find it… | 我会找到的 |
[32:41] | Marrell I know she meant a lot to you but how much longer can we put the poor man through this? | Marrell 我知道她对你来说很重要 但我们得花多长时间帮这个可怜的人来渡过难关? |
[32:44] | He wants to do it! | 他自己想这样做的 |
[32:47] | Look, we know the memory’s false by comparison. | 你看 通过比较我们得知了记忆的虚假 |
[32:49] | There must be some other indication. | 所以一定会有其它的迹象的 |
[32:51] | We’ve been through this a dozen times. The splice points are indistinguishable… | 我们已经检查10多次了 接合点不清晰 |
[32:54] | I know, but I now realize that’s because he was rendered unconscious before the procedure was begun. | 我知道 但我现在认识到了 这是因为在过程开始时他失去了意识 |
[32:58] | And he was still unconscious long after it was completed. | 而他在完事儿后仍然长时间失去意识 |
[33:00] | The whole thing has the quality of a dream, it’s… | 整件事就像梦一样 如同 |
[33:03] | – jumbled up in his mind. – Alright, so what can we do about it? | -混搅在他脑海中一样 -好吧 那我们该怎么做? |
[33:05] | Focus on the inconsistencies in the memory itself. | 集中关注一下记忆本身的矛盾部分 |
[33:08] | But what if there aren’t any? | 但如果那里什么也没有怎么办? |
[33:09] | I’m wasting my time explaining this to you! Can I do my work? | 跟你解释这个纯粹是浪费我的时间!让我继续工作好吗? |
[33:18] | How’s he doing? | 他怎么样? |
[33:19] | Not too good. | 不太好 |
[33:21] | Doesn’t sound like you’re making a lot of progress. | 听起来似乎没取得什么进展 |
[33:22] | Marrell’s determined but, I don’t know. | Marrell下了决心了 但是 我不知道 |
[33:24] | The graft appears to be flawless… | 这种植入看起来无懈可击 |
[33:39] | I’ve got something… | 我发现了一点东西 |
[33:42] | There… you see it? | 那里 看到了吗? |
[33:44] | Yes. | 看到了 |
[33:45] | What is it? | 那是什么? |
[33:46] | It’s what we’ve been looking for. | 是我们一直在找的东西 |
[33:48] | Colonel Mitchell can you hear me? | Mitchell中校 你能听到我说话吗? |
[33:50] | Yeah. | 是 |
[33:51] | We’ve identified a point in the memory where we think there may be an anomaly. | 我们已经确认了记忆中的一点 可能存在异常 |
[33:53] | I’m gonna activate it now. | 我去激活它 |
[33:55] | I want you to tell me what you see. | 我要你告诉我你看到了什么 |
[34:03] | I’m in the house. | 我在那个房子里 |
[34:04] | I’m walking down the hallway… | 我在往走廊那里走 |
[34:11] | No. | 不 |
[34:12] | No, whoa… I… I’ve lost it… go back. | 不 哦 我弄丢了 退回去 |
[34:15] | Just a minute. | 等一分钟 |
[34:18] | Stop! | 停! |
[34:20] | There. | 那里 |
[34:23] | Can you run it again? Maybe slow it down a little. | 你能再回到那里一次吗?也许要慢点 |
[34:33] | I see my reflection, my reflection in the mirror. | 我看到我的影子 我的影子在镜子里 |
[34:37] | But the face is blurry. | 但脸部是模糊不清的 |
[34:40] | It’s an anomaly. | 这是个异常 |
[34:41] | If the reflection in the mirror is not your own. Your brain can’t deal with it… | 如果镜子里的影像不是你自己 你的大脑就不能处理他 |
[34:44] | That’s why it’s blurry. | 这就是模糊的原因 |
[34:46] | Can you clean it up? | 能把它弄清楚一点吗? |
[34:48] | I think so. | 应该可以 |
[35:15] | What did you see. Who was it? | 你看到了什么?是谁? |
[35:20] | It was him. | 是他 |
[35:26] | Are you sure? | 你能肯定 |
[35:28] | Positive. | 肯定 |
[35:30] | It was Marrell. | 是Marrell |
[35:31] | That’s impossible. | 这完全不可能 |
[35:32] | If he killed her, | 如果是他杀了Varrick博士 |
[35:33] | why would he be helping us? I mean, he wanted to reveal the identity of the murderer more than anyone. | 为什么他还一直帮我们?我是说 他比谁都想揭露凶手的身份 |
[35:38] | What if he doesn’t know? | 如果他不知道呢? |
[35:40] | What you’re saying, he killed her and then implanted the memory in colonel Mitchell… | 你在说什么?他杀了她 并且在Mitchell中校的脑子中植入记忆 |
[35:43] | And then erased it from his own mind. | 接着从自己的脑中抹掉了那段记忆 |
[35:45] | Is that possible? | 这可能么? |
[35:46] | – Theoretically yes, but… – This is insane… | -理论上可能 但是 -这太疯狂了 |
[35:48] | I loved her. | 我爱她 |
[35:50] | But she left you, didn’t she? | 但她离开了你 是吧? |
[35:52] | And you never got over it. | 而你从来就没放得下 |
[35:55] | Then you saw me leave the party with her. | 而后你看到我和她离开了招待会 |
[36:01] | – Look, it’s impossible. – Well, there’s one way to find out for sure. | -看吧 不可能的 -好吧 有一个办法可以确认 |
[36:04] | If he really did erase his own memory, he would have had to replace it with something else. | 如果他真的抹掉了自己的记忆 他必须用别的记忆来代替 |
[36:09] | We can check for anomalies the same way, we did with colonel Mitchell. | 我们可以用同样的方法来检测异常 就像对Mitchell中校所做的那样 |
[36:13] | Go ahead. | 来吧 |
[36:15] | You won’t find anything. | 你们什么也不会发现的 |
[36:24] | We found that he had two identical memories. | 我们发现他有两个一样的记忆 |
[36:26] | One from the night of the murder one from several nights before. | 一个来自发生谋杀的夜晚 一个来自几天前的的夜晚 |
[36:29] | Except no two memories are exactly the same, it’s like signatures. | 只是没有两个记忆是完全相同的 就像签名 |
[36:32] | When they’re identical that’s when you know they’ve been forged. | 如果完全相同 那你就会知道有一个是伪造的 |
[36:34] | As far as he knows he was in bed sleeping the whole time. | 他只会知道那段时间自己一直在床上睡觉 |
[36:37] | He didn’t want to just fool us he wanted to fool himself. | 他不止想骗过我们 也想欺骗自己 |
[36:40] | To get rid of the guilt. | 来摆脱内心的愧疚感 |
[36:41] | And that’s what did him in. | 就是这样 |
[36:55] | We’re done. | 完成了 |
[36:59] | How do you feel? | 感觉如何? |
[37:01] | Fine… | 很好 |
[37:02] | I guess. | 我想 |
[37:05] | I’ve erased the implants. | 我已经把植入的记忆给抹去了 |
[37:06] | You should no longer have the image of killing Dr. Varrick in your mind, | 在你脑中不会再有谋杀Varrick博士的记忆了 |
[37:09] | but all of your genuine memories should be intact. | 但你所有真实的记忆应该是完整的 |
[37:20] | I still remember her. | 我还记得她 |
[37:23] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[37:27] | Dr. Amuro. | Amuro博士 |
[37:32] | And you must be our visitors from Earth. | 你就是那位来自地球的访客吧 |
[37:34] | Are you alright? | 你还好吧? |
[37:36] | Well… no. | 哦 不 |
[37:39] | Obviously you’ve heard what happened to Reya. | 显然你已经得知Reya的不幸遭遇 |
[37:44] | To be honest I still can’t believe she’s really gone. | 说实话我还是不能相信 她真的走了 |
[37:49] | But I… | 可是我 |
[37:50] | I talked it over with the emissary and we both agreed that the best thing for me now is to | 我与特使商量过了 而我们都同意 现在对我来说最好还是 |
[37:54] | get back to work. | 回去工作 |
[38:01] | It was nice to meet you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[38:09] | What the hell is this? | 这他妈的是怎么回事? |
[38:12] | He thinks she died in an accident. | 他认为她死于意外 |
[38:15] | And he’ll continue to think that, for the rest of his life. | 而他会一直这么认为的 一直到死 |
[38:18] | You’re gonna just let him get away with murder. | 你们就这样让他逍遥法外 |
[38:21] | He doesn’t know he killed her. | 他不知道他杀了她 |
[38:24] | There was no way to recover that memory. | 没办法恢复那段记忆了 |
[38:29] | And that’s supposed to make it OK? | 那么这一切就都解决了? |
[38:32] | It was for the good of the project. | 对项目有好处 |
[38:35] | And Dr. Varrick would have understood that. | Varrick博士会理解的 |
[39:02] | I read your report. | 我读了你们的报告 |
[39:04] | Not sure I’ve ever seen language like that used in an official Air Force document before. | 好像以前在正式的空军文件中 没见过如此用语写的文件 |
[39:10] | Sorry about that, Sir. | 对不起 长官 |
[39:12] | Oh, you should have seen what colonel Carter and Dr. Jackson wrote. | 哦 你看了Carter中校和Jackson博士写东西了的吧 |
[39:16] | Yes, Sir. | 是 长官 |
[39:17] | Colonel Carter told me what you had to do to prove your innocence. | Carter中校告诉我 你不得不证明自己的清白 |
[39:21] | Something about… | 是为了 |
[39:22] | reliving a difficult memory. | 重新体验一段不同的记忆 |
[39:25] | Of course… | 当然 |
[39:27] | she didn’t know what it was all about, she… | 她不知道事情的来龙去脉 |
[39:30] | hasn’t read your service record like I have. | 她也不像我读过你的服役记录 |
[39:36] | I hadn’t thought about it in a long time… | 我很久都不想这事了 |
[39:40] | but I guess something like that never goes away, does it? | 但我猜像那种事永远不会消失 是吧? |
[39:43] | No. | 是的 |
[39:47] | When it happened… | 当它发生后…… |
[39:49] | I almost resigned my commission. | 我几乎想退役 |
[39:57] | I’m glad you didn’t. | 很高兴你没有 |
[40:04] | I understand how you feel. | 我理解你的感受 |
[40:06] | But leaving the air force won’t change what happened. | 但离开空军并不会改变所发生的事 |
[40:09] | Won’t make you feel any better. | 不会让你感到更好过一些 |
[40:11] | You know you suck at pep talks dad. | 你知道会无法面对那个坚强的老爸的 |
[40:14] | I’m just being realistic. | 我只是变得现实点儿 |
[40:17] | What else are you gonna do? | 后来怎么样了呢? |
[40:19] | Become an airline pilot? | 成了民航飞行员 |
[40:20] | Fly the New York – DC shuttle five times a day. Mow the lawn on sundays? | 纽约华盛顿往返一天飞五次 周日给草坪除草? |
[40:24] | That doesn’t sound too bad. | 听起来不错 |
[40:26] | Yeah well… | 是的 |
[40:28] | for someone else maybe but now for you. | 对其他人来说是这样 但现在是对你来说 |
[40:32] | It could have been easier if you’d grown up to be more like your mother. | 如果你长大后更像你妈妈 也许就简单了 |
[40:37] | But you’re just like me. | 但你却像我 |
[40:40] | Always looking to the horizon, always looking for something more. | 总在眺望远方 总在寻找找更多 |
[40:44] | No, I’m not like you dad. | 不 我不像你 爸爸 |
[40:47] | I’m not that strong. | 我没你那么强壮 |
[40:49] | No, that’s where you’re wrong kid. | 不 那你可就错了孩子 |
[40:52] | You just don’t know it yet. | 只不过是你现在还不明白罢了 -=结束=- |