时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | I’m not letting you Neanderthals in to rape my company. | 我不会让你们这些穴居人掠夺我的公司 |
[00:06] | This is a deal so fucking good, you have to take it, | 我的提案太他妈好了 你不得不接受 |
[00:09] | or we’ll see you in court. | 否则我们法庭见 |
[00:11] | We need to discuss this bear hug: stick or sell? | 我们需要讨论这次熊抱策略 坚持还是卖掉 |
[00:15] | I think you should fight. | 我想你应该打一仗 |
[00:16] | – You’re the one who built it all. – Oh, that was adorable. | -这一切都是你建造的 -哇 真动听 |
[00:19] | You’re always looking out for Pops, aren’t you? | 你总是在找爸爸 不是吗 |
[00:22] | I’d like to formally ask you to come in | 我想正式请你进入公司 |
[00:25] | to be the next chief executive of this company. | 担当下一任首席执行官 |
[00:28] | You’re the one. | 你是唯一合适的人选 |
[00:30] | For now we need to keep this between us, | 目前 我们需要保守这个秘密 |
[00:32] | – everything about Tom, Gil. – Of course. | -我要想想汤姆 吉尔 -当然 |
[00:35] | What did he say? Where am I going? | 他说什么 我要去管哪里 |
[00:36] | What have you fucking landed me? Is it huge? | 你这是要给我什么他妈的好消息啊 有多好啊 |
[00:38] | Chair of global broadcast news. | 全球广播新闻的要职 |
[00:41] | ATN, baby. | 泛美网络科技 宝贝 |
[00:42] | Kendall and Roman will act as co-chief operating officers. | 肯德尔和罗曼将担任联合首席运营官 |
[00:45] | Did you just say co-chief? | 你刚刚是说联合吗 |
[00:46] | No, he’s coming back? | 不 他又回公司了吗 |
[00:48] | Look what the cat dragged in. | 看看风把谁吹来了 |
[00:50] | He wanted me to tell you you’re going to bleed cash, | 他想让我告诉你们 你们会损失大量金钱 |
[00:53] | he’s going to bleed cash, | 他也会损失大量金钱 |
[00:54] | and maybe you’ll kill him, but if you don’t, he aims to kill you. | 也许你们能干掉他 但是如果你们没有干掉他 他就会干掉你们 |
[00:57] | We’re going to be the number one | 我们将成为世界上 |
[00:59] | media conglomerate in the world. | 最大的传媒集团 |
[01:02] | Hear, hear. | 说得真好 |
[01:15] | Can we get in? What’s going on? | 我们可以进去吗 这是怎么回事 |
[01:18] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[01:19] | Let’s see if he’s still awake. | 我们看看他是不是还醒着 |
[01:22] | Is that him? | 那是他吗 |
[01:25] | Okay. Can we yell, | 好的 我们可以大喊 |
[01:27] | “Wake up, Snow Joe!” | “醒醒 雪乔” |
[01:32] | Wake up, Snow Joe! | 醒醒 雪乔 |
[01:36] | There he is. | 他在那儿 |
[01:38] | What’s poppin’, cum-dump? | 你杵在这干啥 蠢猪 |
[01:40] | Yeah, just enjoying my daughter’s birthday, so… | 嗯 只是在享受我女儿的生日 所以… |
[01:43] | Daddy, uh, we’ve tried everything. | 爸爸 我们所有项目都玩过了 |
[01:45] | Can they make the wagon train go faster? | 他们可以让货车列车更快吗 |
[01:47] | Let’s… Let’s ask, yeah? | 我们… 问问吧 |
[01:48] | Can the wagon train go any faster? | 货车列车可以再快点吗 |
[01:50] | Uh, up to a point. | 呃 可以快一点 |
[01:52] | Yeah, great. Let’s take it up to that point. Thanks. | 很好 那就快那么一点 谢谢 |
[01:55] | Thanks, Daddy. | 谢谢爸爸 |
[01:58] | The signage is for shit. | 标牌太狗屎了 |
[01:59] | You know, still, some other sucker’s problem now. | 你知道 现在还有其他一些傻逼问题 |
[02:02] | Three months ago, I was at a meeting about how to stop kids | 三个月前 我正在开会讨论如何阻止孩子 |
[02:04] | giving each other handy jobs on the runaway ghost train. | 在失控的幽灵列车上给对方打飞机 |
[02:07] | And now, I’m about to start managing | 而现在 我即将开始管理 |
[02:08] | a billion-dollar news budget, so… It’s all good. | 十亿美元的新闻预算了 所以… 一切都很好 |
[02:11] | I gave my first hand job on the ghost train. | 我第一次给人打飞机就是在幽灵列车上 |
[02:13] | I have a shitty roommate right now, so I’m… | 我现在有一个讨厌的室友 所以我… |
[02:15] | trying to move on from that. | 打算从这开始继续前进 |
[02:16] | My friend has an open room in her apartment. | 我朋友的公寓有间空房 |
[02:18] | – Oh, really? – Yeah, I mean, | -真的吗 -是的 |
[02:20] | she has an issue with spores from mold, | 但是 她有霉菌孢子的问题 |
[02:22] | but I don’t know. I don’t know how your lungs are with spores. | 我不知道 我不知道你的肺对孢子有没有反应 |
[02:25] | You know, I did see one place, | 我确实看过一套房子 |
[02:27] | uh, 600 square feet. | 56平米 |
[02:29] | But it was out in Staten Island. | 但是 在史坦顿岛 |
[02:30] | – What? – I dunno if… | -什么 -我不知道… |
[02:31] | Cousin Greg is moving to Staten Island? | 格雷格表侄要搬去史坦顿岛吗 |
[02:34] | No, no. I dunno. | 不 不 我不知道 |
[02:35] | Oh my God, did you hear this? | 天啊 你们听到了吗 |
[02:35] | I’m just looking at a place out there. | 我只是在看那里的一个地方 |
[02:37] | Greg is getting the ferry to work? | 格雷格要乘渡轮上下班吗 |
[02:39] | Check out Bryan Ferry. | 看看布莱恩·费瑞 |
[02:40] | Dude, why stop at the ferry? | 伙计 为什么说到渡轮就不聊了 |
[02:41] | Just come in from Cleveland on the Greyhound. | 你才从克利夫兰坐灰狗巴士过来的 |
[02:43] | Have you considered a hotel? | 你考虑过住酒店吗 |
[02:46] | As, like, nightly, or… ? | 是过夜还是… |
[02:48] | Logan’s requested your presence in meeting room 4. | 洛根要求您去4号会议室 |
[02:51] | – Which? – Both of you. | -哪个 -你们俩 |
[02:53] | Oh. That’ll be fun. | 那就好玩了 |
[02:55] | Beavis and Crackhead. | 瘪四和瘾君子 |
[03:00] | Um, Logan also asked for you to join, too. | 嗯 洛根也要求你加入 |
[03:04] | – Oh, really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[03:05] | Oh. Okay. | 好的 |
[03:07] | – You wanna take this? – No. | -你要这个吗 -不要 |
[03:08] | Off they all go again, marching off to Daddy. | 他们都走了 走向老爸 |
[03:12] | Like Russians joining the Brusilov Offensive. | 就像俄罗斯人加入布鲁西洛夫攻势一样 |
[03:17] | World War I. | 第一次世界大战 |
[03:20] | Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. Right. | 哦 是的 是的 是的 对 |
[03:23] | My focus is bringing Waystar Royco | 我的重点是让韦斯达·罗伊科集团 |
[03:27] | to its full earning potential. | 充分发挥其潜力 |
[03:29] | So, uh, Waystar refused to play ball? | 那么 韦斯达拒绝收购 |
[03:32] | I’m assuming they waved a poison pill in your face | 我估计他们在你面前挥舞着毒丸 |
[03:34] | and now you’re launching a proxy battle | 现在你要发动一场代理权争夺战 |
[03:37] | to replace the board. | 给董事会换血 |
[03:38] | This guy, fuckin’ dildo dipped in beard trimmings. | 这家伙 他妈的假阳具蘸着胡须装饰 |
[03:41] | He’s fuckin’ us on TV. | 他在电视上屌我们 |
[03:43] | And of course Pierce put him on. | 当然 是皮尔斯让他上场的 |
[03:46] | Yes, we’re launching into a proxy battle… | 是的 我们正在发动一场代理权争夺战 |
[03:47] | Self-righteous fuckin’ butter-wouldn’t-melt, | 他妈的自以为是的蠢猪 |
[03:50] | disingenuous Pulitzer pricks. | 毫无诚信的普利策奖傻屌 |
[03:52] | Is Logan Roy fit | 洛根·罗伊是否适合 |
[03:55] | to run a 21st-century media organization? | 运营一个21世纪的媒体组织 |
[03:57] | You recognize any of this, son? | 你记得这些话吗 儿子 |
[04:00] | It’s from the playbook, Dad. | 这是剧本里写好的 爸爸 |
[04:01] | Oh, yes, of course, the playbook. | 哦 是的 当然是剧本 |
[04:04] | Sure. | 当然 |
[04:05] | Let me just make it very clear. | 让我说清楚 |
[04:06] | Kendall Roy is no longer relevant. | 肯德尔·罗伊跟收购毫无瓜葛了 |
[04:09] | Now, with regards to Sandy Furness… | 现在 关于桑迪·弗尼斯… |
[04:11] | So… | 那… |
[04:12] | We keep our counsel. Dismissive. | 我们不表态 对他们不屑一顾 |
[04:14] | Just lay it all out in our proxy statement. | 把这些全部放在我们的股东委托书里面 |
[04:16] | A hurried public response makes us look rattled. | 匆忙的公众反应会让我们看起来很慌乱 |
[04:18] | So let Stewy sway all the shareholders first | 就这样让斯图威先去左右所有股东 |
[04:21] | while Dad sits there with his thumb up his ass? | 我爸就这样傻傻坐着挨干吗 |
[04:24] | That’s a great plan. | 妙计啊 |
[04:25] | – Hey, Shiv. – Respectfully, we just take a beat. | -嘿 小西 -我们先喘息一下 |
[04:27] | Let me, uh, put a solid pack together. | 我先准备好牢固的防御 |
[04:29] | We fire back when we have the ammo. | 等我们有弹药时 就还击 |
[04:31] | By which point all the shooting’s over. | 到那时候枪战都结束了 |
[04:33] | No, get out now with a salty re-frame. | 不 现在就放出一份加料的版本 |
[04:36] | This is your standard-issue basic-bitch corporate raider | 这是低级下贱的企业掠夺者 |
[04:38] | versus a fuckin’ legendary force of nature, | 和传奇的自然之力抗衡的标准回应方式 |
[04:41] | Hurricane Logan. | 飓风洛根 |
[04:43] | He had a fastball once, but… | 他有过一次快球 但… |
[04:44] | Now. Today. | 现在 今天 |
[04:46] | Karolina runs the words past Shiv. | 卡罗丽娜来斟酌小西说的这些 |
[04:49] | Yeah, Vaulter. | 对 沃尔特公司 |
[04:50] | – Yeah. Okay. – Vaulter. He paid too big… | -嗯 好的 -沃尔特 他付了太多了去收购… |
[04:52] | – Right. – Huge disappoi… | -对 -非常失望… |
[04:54] | It’s a huge disappointment. | 非常令人失望 |
[04:56] | Do you think they suckered us? | 你觉得他们在骗我们吗 |
[04:57] | – Who, Vaulter? – Uh-huh. | -谁 沃尔特吗 -嗯 |
[04:58] | No, we went deep on that. We… We… | 不 我们深入研究过 我们… 我们… |
[05:00] | kicked the tires good. | 事先的核查做得很好 |
[05:02] | I think we got chiseled. | 我觉得我们被骗了 |
[05:03] | Revenue projections down and down. | 收入预测越来越低 |
[05:05] | I think we got screwed. | 我想我们搞砸了 |
[05:07] | Yeah, me too. Massive fuck-up, Ken. Huge. | 我也这么认为 砸得稀巴烂了 肯 烂大了 |
[05:10] | Unforgivable. | 不可饶恕 |
[05:11] | Right, I want the response out today. | 对 我希望今天就把我们的回应发出去 |
[05:13] | I need Vaulter fixed. | 沃尔特也要解决好 |
[05:16] | All right? | 行吗 |
[05:16] | So I have something to say in my fucking investor meetings. | 这样我在投资者会议上才他妈的有话说 |
[05:20] | – Go. – Okay. Me? | -快去 -好 我吗 |
[05:22] | Both of you. One who fixes it… | 你们俩都去 谁解决了… |
[05:24] | gets a cookie. | 奖个饼干 |
[05:25] | You got it. Sure thing, Dad. | 包在我身上 爸爸 |
[05:26] | I… I just wanted to say thank you for, um… | 我… 我只想说谢谢你 嗯… |
[05:30] | closing down the park for us. | 为我们关闭公园的营业 |
[05:31] | Sophie… | 苏菲… |
[05:33] | she’s having a great birthday. She got to meet Snow Joe and… | 她过了一个很愉快的生日 她见到了雪乔… |
[05:35] | So thank you. | 所以 谢谢你 |
[05:38] | Look at you, broken robot. | 看看你 破碎的机器人 |
[05:40] | Can’t even hug your own kids. | 甚至连自己的孩子都不能拥抱 |
[05:44] | Yeah, I saw that, you freak. | 对 我看到了 怪胎 |
[05:48] | Pinkie. | 小可爱 |
[05:49] | Happy? | 开心吗 |
[05:50] | Yeah. Smart. | 是啊 厉害 |
[05:53] | Uh, let me know if you need anything. | 你需要什么就告诉我 |
[07:35] | Bye, Marilyn. | 再见 玛丽莲 |
[07:37] | Bye, Mondale. | 再见 蒙代尔 |
[07:39] | You know what? I don’t care. | 你知道吗 我不在乎 |
[07:41] | This empty wall. | 这面空墙 |
[07:43] | Here. I don’t care if it’s incredibly gauche, | 这里 我不在乎它是否丑得令人难以置信 |
[07:46] | but can we not just have a big, beautiful portrait of us | 但是 这上面我们能不能不要只挂一幅 |
[07:49] | up there? | 漂亮的大肖像 |
[07:50] | – Shiv. – Mm? | -小西 -嗯 |
[07:51] | – Too Saddam? – Mm. | -太萨达姆了吗 -嗯 |
[07:53] | – Too Assady? – Mm. | -太阿萨德了吗[同上] -嗯 |
[07:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:02] | – You good? – Am I good? I am great! | -你好吗 -我好吗 我很好 |
[08:05] | I am great. I’m good. I slept well and, uh… | 我很好 我很好 我睡得很好 呃… |
[08:09] | Yeah, you know your thing about us? Uh… | 嗯 你知道我们的那件事吗 呃… |
[08:12] | I think I’ve contextualized it… | 我想我已经在实际考虑了… |
[08:14] | – It’s not really a thing. – No, no, no, sure. | -现在还是虚幻的 -不 不 不 当然 |
[08:16] | I just feel like, “Okay, you know, | 我只是觉得 “好的 你知道吗 |
[08:19] | if I’m the king and you’re the queen, | 如果我是国王而你是女王 |
[08:22] | maybe it’s fine to… | 也许 干死那个… |
[08:24] | fuck the odd peasant.” | 奇怪的农民也不错” |
[08:25] | – Right. Yeah. – Because… Because… | -对 是啊 -因为… 因为… |
[08:27] | Big picture: our plan is right on track. | 大局来看 我们的计划步入正轨了 |
[08:30] | – You know? – Uh-huh. | -你懂吗 -嗯 |
[08:32] | And you’ve… you’ve seen Gil’s numbers, right? | 而且你… 你见过吉尔的民调数据了 对吗 |
[08:34] | And… And as of today, I’m right in at ATN. | 而且… 截至今天 我正好在泛美网络科技就职 |
[08:37] | You know, belly of the beast. | 你知道 野兽的肚子里[核心层] |
[08:39] | So… | 所以… |
[08:43] | – Hey. – Yeah? | -嘿 -怎么了 |
[08:44] | You wanna bang? Right now? | 想来一发吗 就现在 |
[08:46] | Cheeky little breakfast bang. | 厚脸皮的早餐炮 |
[08:48] | – Oh… I’m… – Wanna? | -哦… 我… -想吗 |
[08:49] | I’m just such in a different mental place… | 我现在没这层心思… |
[08:52] | – Okay. – … than you right now. | -好的 -…不像你 |
[08:54] | No, sure. | 没事 没关系 |
[08:55] | I just feel so incredibly potent. | 我只是觉得自己非常强大 |
[08:58] | – Mm. – You know? | -嗯 -你懂吗 |
[08:59] | I think it’s the new place. | 我觉得是因为这套新房子 |
[09:01] | – Yeah. – You know? | -是的 -你知道吗 |
[09:02] | – I feel God-like and horny. – Oof! | -我感觉像神一样 充满了欲望 -哦 |
[09:05] | Everybody looks, like, two feet tall to me. | 对我来说 每个人看起来都像小矮人 |
[09:08] | Well, you know what? Maybe… | 嗯 你知道吗 也许… |
[09:10] | Maybe we should split from the thing early | 也许我们今晚应该早点摆脱公事 |
[09:12] | tonight and, you know, we can… | 你懂的 我们可以… |
[09:16] | – talk, and… – Mm-hmm. | -聊聊 然后… -嗯嗯 |
[09:18] | – … everything. – Okay! | -…想”干”嘛干嘛 -好的 |
[09:20] | Okay! My fave. Strategy and a fuck. | 好的 我最喜欢这样了 谈战略加打炮 |
[09:23] | – Okay, bye. – Have a good one. | -好的 再见 -祝你今天顺利 |
[09:25] | Bye, honey. | 再见 宝贝 |
[09:28] | So cool. You know they have their own beehive upstairs? | 非常酷 你知道吗 他们楼上有自己的蜂箱 |
[09:33] | What is that? Is that, like, the fucking business model? | 干什么用 那是他妈的商业模式吗 |
[09:35] | Conflict porn and hipster honey. | 冲突色情和潮人宝贝 |
[09:39] | Oh, shh. | 切 |
[09:40] | The pretend journalists are pretend working. | 假记者们在假装工作呢 |
[09:43] | All right, Rome, just cool it. | 好了 罗曼 冷静吧 |
[09:44] | Let’s move nice and slow here. Yeah? | 好好走 慢慢走 行吗 |
[09:46] | – Mm-hmm. – Just keep it small and general. | -嗯嗯 -步子小一点 正常点 |
[09:49] | We don’t wanna spook him. | 我们可不想吓到他 |
[09:50] | Yeah, okay. You got it. You are in charge. | 好的 听你的 你说了算 |
[09:52] | I follow your lead, fucker. | 我跟着你的领导 混蛋 |
[09:54] | Larry Yee, King of New York! | 劳瑞·易 纽约之王 |
[09:56] | What the fuck? | 搞什么呢 |
[09:58] | Thanks for making space, man. I know it was last minute. | 感谢你抽空 我知道事出紧急 |
[10:00] | Ah, dude. Anytime. | 老兄 随时欢迎 |
[10:04] | Hey, Lawrence. | 嘿 劳伦斯 |
[10:04] | I heard you were drying out in a Schloss, | 我听说你被禁锢在城堡里了 |
[10:07] | doing shitty yoga with hausfrau? | 和家庭妇女们一起做恶心的瑜伽呢 |
[10:09] | Right. right. | 对 对 |
[10:11] | Nope. | 不 |
[10:12] | He is back. He is back, like a pedo on parole. | 他回来了 他卷土重来了 就像是得到了假释 |
[10:15] | Yeah, man, we’re just here for a catch-up. | 是的 伙计 我们只是来聊聊 |
[10:17] | You know? Super casual, feet on the table, whatever the fuck. | 你懂的 超级随意 脚可以放在桌子上 想怎么随便就怎么来 |
[10:20] | Just, uh, just help you out. | 只要… 只要能帮你摆脱困境就行 |
[10:22] | O… Obviously, I’m always pleased | 显然 我总是很高兴 |
[10:23] | to get your insights, | 听取你的见解 |
[10:24] | but, like, who am I talking to? | 但是 我应该和哪一位谈 |
[10:27] | Co… | 两位联合… |
[10:28] | COOs. | 首席运营官 |
[10:30] | Who’s in charge here? | 你们俩谁说了算 |
[10:30] | My brother and I have a joint responsibility. | 我弟弟和我有共同的责任 |
[10:34] | You know, we’re sharing duties, | 你懂的 我们分担责任 |
[10:35] | but we’re on the same page operationally. Right, Rome? | 但是我们在行事方面是一致的 对吧 罗曼 |
[10:39] | I don’t know what the fuck he’s talking about. | 我他妈的不知道他在说什么 |
[10:41] | There’s just, uh, | 只是 呃 |
[10:42] | a lot of, uh, crackle in the air right now. | 现在氛围很是剑拔弩张 |
[10:45] | External pressures with the proxy battle, | 代理权争夺带来的外部压力 |
[10:48] | – that whole… – Yeah. | -整个… -是的 |
[10:48] | So you’re defusing the bomb you planted. | 所以你是在拆除你埋下的炸弹 |
[10:53] | Yes, precisely. See, he gets it. He sees. | 是的 很确切 看到没 他明白了 他明白 |
[10:57] | We’re just here for a routine health check. | 我们只是来这里进行常规检查 |
[11:00] | That’s all this is. | 就这些 |
[11:01] | Where’s this coming from? | 是谁做的决定 |
[11:02] | – It’s coming from us. – It’s coming from Dad. | -我们做的决定 -我爸做的决定 |
[11:04] | No. What, why are we dancing around this? | 不 我们为什么要围着这个话题 |
[11:05] | It’s coming from Dad. Dad’s worried about you. | 我爸做的决定 老爸对你不放心 |
[11:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:09] | I mean, come on, you know how he is. | 拜托 你也知道他是怎样的人 |
[11:10] | He doesn’t get it. He still has a plant out in the Philippines | 他跟不上时代 他在菲律宾还有一家工厂 |
[11:12] | manufacturing Xerox machines. | 在制造施乐的复印机呢 |
[11:14] | But he’s fucking shrewd. | 但是他真他妈的精明 |
[11:16] | And, right now… | 而且 现在… |
[11:18] | right now, his giant cyclops eye | 现在 他的独眼巨人的巨眼 |
[11:21] | is looking in this direction, and he’s feeling like | 正朝着这个方向看 他对这里的感觉就像 |
[11:23] | maybe he bought a giant pile of bullshit. | 也许他买了一大堆垃圾 |
[11:26] | So now here I am | 所以我现在来这里 |
[11:27] | to enquire in the politest terms possible | 尽可能以最礼貌的方式询问 |
[11:30] | what the fuck is going on. | 他妈的是怎么回事 |
[11:32] | Dad thinks maybe you fucked him. | 我爸认为你可能耍了他 |
[11:34] | Our numbers were solid when you bought us, | 你收购我们时 我们的经营很稳固 |
[11:37] | and they’re solid now. | 现在也很稳固 |
[11:38] | Dude, really, don’t take it personally. | 伙计 真的 这不是针对你 |
[11:40] | Dad thinks everyone’s fucking him. | 爸爸认为每个人都在耍他 |
[11:41] | I know you’re on the level. | 我知道你诚实可靠 |
[11:43] | Help me make him see that. | 帮我让他看清楚这一点吧 |
[11:44] | What do you need? | 你需要什么 |
[11:45] | I need metrics, I need KPIs, | 我需要数据记录 我需要绩效指标 |
[11:48] | and, uh, I need an office. | 而且 我还需要一间办公室 |
[11:50] | Me too, I need an office as well. | 我也是 我也需要一间办公室 |
[11:53] | Separate from his. Nicer. | 和他的分开 更好 |
[11:55] | It’s on, me versus the Peach. | 开始了 我和皮奇竞争 |
[11:58] | Okay, I’m gonna s… | 好的 我要… |
[11:59] | I’m gonna swing the old meat mallet. | 我要用我的大香肠甩她一脸 |
[12:01] | I’m gonna sit on her right out of the box. | 我一上位就要碾压她 |
[12:03] | Okay, so I could be calling | 所以 我可能会需要 |
[12:04] | for a little bit of the old punch-bagging, | 一点点沙袋[出气筒] |
[12:06] | okay, buddy? | 好吗 哥们 |
[12:07] | – Uh-huh. – Ready to play the bag? | -嗯 -准备好玩沙包了吗 |
[12:10] | – Y… Yeah, yeah. Give it to me. – Okay. | -是的… 是的 是的 给我吧 -好的 |
[12:14] | What? | 怎么了 |
[12:16] | What is it, Greg? | 怎么了 格雷格 |
[12:18] | Being in at ATN, you know, it’s kinda like | 在泛美网络科技上班 你知道吗 它有点像是 |
[12:21] | the one thing I didn’t wanna do. | 我不想做的事情之一 |
[12:23] | Oh, okay. So, what… | 哦 好的 所以呢… |
[12:24] | Should I have left you at Parks to sink? | 我应该把你留在公园部门消沉吗 |
[12:26] | I mean, it’s… | 这… |
[12:27] | it’s ATN, man. It’s the fuckin’ news. | 这可是泛美网络科技啊 伙计 这是他妈的新闻 |
[12:29] | – I know. – It’s Logan’s G-spot. | -我知道 -这是洛根的G点 |
[12:31] | I can finger-bang him all night long. | 我可以整夜指奸他 |
[12:32] | I’m a direct direct report. What? | 我是最直接的下属 直接向他汇报 怎么了 |
[12:35] | Sure, just… | 当然 只是… |
[12:38] | ATN? | 泛美网络科技 |
[12:40] | It’s… It’s like… | 这里…有点… |
[12:42] | – kind of against my principles. – Your principles? | -有点违背我的原则 -你有原则 |
[12:45] | Greg, don’t be an asshole. You don’t have principles. | 格雷格 别混蛋了 你哪有什么原则 |
[12:48] | Dude, ATN is a very toxic element in the culture. | 兄弟 泛美网络科技是一种非常有毒的文化元素 |
[12:51] | Oh, seriously? Okay, name me one principle that you have. | 你认真的吗 好吧 说一个你遵守的原则 |
[12:54] | I don’t know, like, I’m against racism. | 我不知道 比如 我反对种族主义 |
[12:56] | Bullshit. I’m against racism. Everybody’s against racism. | 废话 我也反对种族主义 每个人都反对种族主义 |
[13:00] | What else? | 还有什么 |
[13:01] | – Like, don’t lie. – Fuck off. | -比如 不说谎 -滚开 |
[13:03] | – Like, if you’re the news, you… – Fuck off! | -比如 如果你搞新闻 你… -滚开 |
[13:04] | – That’s your principle? – Yeah, dude. | -那是你的原则吗 -是啊 老兄 |
[13:06] | Greg, this is not fucking Charles Dickens world, okay? | 格雷格 这早就不是他妈的查尔斯·狄更斯的旧世界了 好吗 |
[13:09] | You don’t go around talking about principles. | 我们不会再四处谈论原则 |
[13:12] | We’re all trying to do the right thing, | 我们都在努力做正确的事 |
[13:13] | of course we are. | 我们当然是 |
[13:14] | But come on, man! | 得了吧 伙计 |
[13:18] | Man the fuck up! | 你他妈成熟点 |
[13:20] | Okay, I am manned, man. | 好吧 我成熟了 伙计 |
[13:23] | Here comes Cyd. | 悉德来了 |
[13:24] | Hey, Cyd! The Peach! | 嘿 悉德 大名鼎鼎的皮奇 |
[13:26] | The legend! | 传奇人物啊 |
[13:27] | Oh, Tom! | 哦 汤姆 |
[13:29] | – Tom! – Hey! | -汤姆 -嘿 |
[13:30] | It’s great to have you aboard. | 你能加入真好 |
[13:31] | I know that this is gonna be | 我知道这会是 |
[13:33] | a really productive collaboration. | 真正富有成效的合作 |
[13:35] | I just hope | 我只是希望 |
[13:37] | that there’s no… weirdness | 我们之间… 模糊的界线 |
[13:39] | with our fuzzy boundaries, right? | 不要发生什么怪事 好吗 |
[13:42] | Are you kidding? If you… If you wanna go fast, | 你在开玩笑吗 如果你… 如果你想走更快 |
[13:44] | go alone. If you wanna go far, go together. | 那就自己走 如果你想走得更远 那就一起走 |
[13:47] | – Right? – Exactly. | -对吧 -没错 |
[13:49] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:50] | – Come meet the team. – Amazing! | -来见见团队吧 -真了不起 |
[13:51] | You wanna lead in there? | 你想带队吗 |
[13:53] | Oh, fuck no. | 才不想呢 |
[13:55] | – You lead, Tommy. – Okay. | -你来带 汤米 -好的 |
[13:57] | You mind if I big-ball the first one? | 你介意我来个开门红吗 |
[13:58] | Do it! Your funeral, buddy. | 来嘛 自掘坟墓哟 伙计 |
[14:01] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[14:02] | So did he actually even see my draft? | 他有没有瞟一眼我的草稿 |
[14:05] | Uh… no. | 呃…没有 |
[14:06] | In the end, I just thought the draft Kelly and I did | 最后 我只是想到 凯莉和我的草稿 |
[14:08] | had more, uh, goodness. | 更有 养分 |
[14:11] | As in… ? | 比如呢… |
[14:12] | As in it had the quality of being good | 比如我们的稿子有良好的品质 |
[14:13] | rather than the attributes of being shitty. | 而不是卑鄙的品质 |
[14:15] | Um, just also re Kelly, little sidebar. | 嗯 多表扬凯莉 顺便告诉你 |
[14:18] | Can you not tell people about us? | 你能别告诉别人我们的事吗 |
[14:19] | Oh, but there is no us. | 哦 根本没有”我们” |
[14:21] | Right. but there was an us, and the problem is, | 对 我们曾经在一起过 而且问题是 |
[14:23] | my wife doesn’t know about it. | 我的妻子不知道这事 |
[14:24] | Oh, but my husband absolutely does know about it, | 哦 我丈夫绝对知道这事 |
[14:26] | so I guess that’s, what, it’s your problem? | 所以我猜 那是 那是你自己的问题 |
[14:29] | We had the affair. | 我们有过外遇 |
[14:30] | We didn’t have the conversation | 我们没有商量过 |
[14:31] | about telling people we had the affair. | 要不要告诉别人我们外遇这事 |
[14:33] | I’m sorry, Nate, did you want a conference call | 对不起 内特 你想和我开个电话会议 |
[14:35] | to discuss how to tell your wife we fucked? | 讨论怎么告诉你妻子我们干过吗 |
[14:40] | Thank you, everyone. | 谢谢大家 |
[14:40] | Great event. Great event. | 伟大的事件 伟大的事件 |
[14:43] | Thank you, everyone, so much. | 谢谢大家 非常感谢 |
[14:45] | And the polling! | 还有民意调查 |
[14:47] | My God! I mean, nobody’s getting carried away, | 天哪 没有人会因此忘乎所以 |
[14:49] | just one set of numbers, | 只是一组数字而已 |
[14:51] | one pretty big set of numbers. Right? | 只是一组相当大的数字 对吧 |
[14:54] | Right, so thank you. And testament to your faith. | 对 谢谢大家 谢谢你们证明了自己的信仰 |
[14:59] | Thank you. Please, | 谢谢 请你们 |
[15:00] | indulge yourselves in some, uh, | 尽情享用这些… |
[15:03] | gluten and melted cheese. Why not? | 面筋和融化的奶酪 有何不可呢 |
[15:05] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[15:08] | Hey, uh, how was the call? | 嘿 呃 电话怎么样 |
[15:10] | Great. They’re eating out of my ass crack. | 很好 他们可喜欢我了 |
[15:13] | Offered me use of the fucking jet on the weekend. | 还让我周末用他妈的喷气飞机 |
[15:16] | Uh, yeah, I mean, the legals are wonky | 呃 是的 我的意思是 法律部门不可靠 |
[15:18] | and the optics are shitty, but go ahead. | 新闻媒体很糟糕 但是 尽管去吧 |
[15:22] | Look. | 听着 |
[15:23] | You don’t look a gift Boeing in the teeth. | 你不会直接拒绝波音飞机这样的礼物 |
[15:26] | Right? Right? | 对吧 对吧 |
[15:27] | – No. – I’ll be so much fresher. | -不会 -我会精神百倍 |
[15:30] | Excuse us for a second. I just wanna… | 请允许我们失陪一下 我要… |
[15:33] | Ma’am, listen. | 女士 听着 |
[15:34] | Long road to travel and all of that, | 征途漫漫 所有的这一切 |
[15:36] | but the compass points to Pennsylvania Avenue. | 目标都是为了入主白宫 |
[15:39] | I have to start thinking about appointments. | 我必须开始考虑会面 |
[15:43] | I’m thinking about Chief of Staff. | 我在考虑见白宫幕僚长 |
[15:48] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:49] | I mean, can you imagine the look of fear | 你能想象到 当他们看到 |
[15:53] | in their eyes when they see you coming at them? | 你出现在他们身边的时候 眼睛里的恐惧表情吗 |
[15:56] | Those corpulent old white fucks. | 那些肥胖的混蛋白人老头 |
[16:00] | How’s that for a carrot? | 这个奖励如何 |
[16:04] | So that’s where we shape the debate. | 这里就是我们制造辩论议题的地方 |
[16:07] | Ooh, cool shit. | 哦 很酷嘛 |
[16:09] | And I love the way the debate keeps on getting shaped | 我喜欢辩论不断变形的方式 |
[16:12] | like a burning cross. | 就像燃烧的十字架 |
[16:14] | You don’t share our news values. | 你不认同我们的新闻价值观 |
[16:16] | Oh, I’m kidding. | 哦 我在开玩笑 |
[16:17] | I’m kidding. I get it. I’m from the Midwest. | 我在开玩笑 我明白的 我来自中西部 |
[16:19] | You know, my mom’s friend, Deb, weighs, like, 300 pounds, | 你知道吗 我妈的朋友 德布 270斤重 |
[16:22] | and she’s pissed as fuck about practically everything, | 她几乎对所有事情都很生气 |
[16:24] | so, you know, trust me, | 所以 你知道吗 相信我 |
[16:26] | I’m down. I get it. | 我记住了 我知道了 |
[16:27] | Besides, what Logan wants, Logan gets, right? | 此外 按照洛根的意思来 对吗 |
[16:31] | Logan doesn’t set our news agenda. | 洛根没有设定我们的新闻议程 |
[16:33] | Oh. No, of course he doesn’t. | 哦 不 他当然没有 |
[16:36] | I know, it’s so weird, huh? | 我知道 这太奇怪了 对吧 |
[16:38] | He happens to own a news company | 他碰巧拥有一家新闻公司 |
[16:40] | and they say exactly what he thinks. | 他们表达的观点正好和他的想法一致 |
[16:42] | If Logan had to tell me | 如果洛根不得不告诉我 |
[16:44] | or any of my news editors | 或者告诉我的任何一个新闻编辑 |
[16:45] | what to run or what the angle was, | 要怎么运行或应该采取什么观点 |
[16:48] | we would be fucked. That is not how it works. | 那我们就完蛋了 事情不能这么办 |
[16:51] | This isn’t mind control. | 这不是精神控制 |
[16:52] | We hire people who want to work here. | 我们雇用想在这里工作的人 |
[16:55] | and we serve a demographic | 我们服务的观众群体 |
[16:57] | of highly, highly intelligent viewers, | 是非常非常聪明的一群人 |
[16:59] | who are really tired | 他们真的受够了 |
[17:01] | of being patronized elsewhere | 被别的地方那些喝着拿铁 |
[17:03] | by latte-sipping douchebags | 花着几百块钱做头发的混蛋们 |
[17:06] | with hundred-dollar haircuts. | 颐指气使地对待 |
[17:10] | You’ve got the cool job title, | 你的职位头衔很酷 |
[17:12] | you’ve got freedom of movement. | 你有行动的自由 |
[17:13] | Why don’t you take a look somewhere more comfy? | 为什么换个更舒适的角度看待这里呢 |
[17:16] | Entertainment? | 就为了娱乐吗 |
[17:18] | ‘Cause this is where the action is. | 因为这才是关键所在 |
[17:19] | This is the profit center. | 这里是利润中心 |
[17:21] | The median age of our audience is 68. | 我们观众的平均年龄是68岁 |
[17:25] | The ads are all adult diapers and shit pills. | 广告都是成人纸尿裤和治疗便秘的药 |
[17:29] | Our lead in the news demo has halved. | 我们在新闻演示中的领先优势已经减半 |
[17:31] | You know, maybe I can | 你知道吗 也许我可以 |
[17:33] | lend a hand to take a look at some of that. | 帮忙看看其中的一些 |
[17:35] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[17:36] | he sends me one of you every four years. | 他每隔四年就会安排一个人给我 |
[17:39] | – That train is never late. – Interesting. | -这个安排从没变过 -有趣 |
[17:42] | And tell me, these others that he sends, | 告诉我 他安排过来的其他人 |
[17:44] | were they his son-in-law too? | 他们也是他的女婿吗 |
[17:47] | I’m curious. | 我很好奇 |
[17:49] | Efficiencies, Cyd! I’m here to trim the flab. | 效率 悉德 我是来这里修剪赘肉的 |
[17:53] | Have you told Logan this? | 你跟洛根说过这个吗 |
[17:54] | I spy savings, Cyd. | 我监管收支 悉德 |
[17:56] | Oh, good, Tom. | 哦 好 汤姆 |
[17:58] | That’s very good. | 非常好 |
[18:00] | Because I run a pretty tight ship. | 因为这里经营得非常良好 |
[18:03] | So… | 所以… |
[18:05] | good luck to you. | 祝你好运 |
[18:06] | I’m sure you’ve got him very, very excited. | 我相信你让他非常非常兴奋 |
[18:09] | I hope you can deliver. | 希望你能履行好自己的职责 |
[18:14] | Well… | 好… |
[18:16] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢你 |
[18:17] | And, uh, fuck you. | 还有 呃 去你的 |
[18:19] | And, uh, I’ll catch up with you later. | 还有 呃 稍后再谈 |
[18:22] | Not on your dying day, baby. | 谈你个死人头 傻逼 |
[18:27] | Greg, I need you on the ground. | 格雷格 我需要你去实地行动 |
[18:29] | – Oh. – Okay? | -哦 -好吗 |
[18:30] | I need you to be my representative on earth. | 我需要你成为我的代表 |
[18:32] | I want you to… I want you to go on a mission for me | 我想要你… 我希望你为我执行任务 |
[18:34] | and body-shame ATN, | 寻找泛美网络科技的隐私 |
[18:36] | find the fat and point it out. | 找到臃肿的部位并指出来 |
[18:38] | Yeah, like, how? | 怎么做呢 比如 |
[18:39] | Like, find the excess, okay? | 比如 找出冗余人员 好吗 |
[18:41] | Find the extraneous Danish, the surfeit of stationary, | 找出无关的丹麦劳工 多余的常驻人员 |
[18:44] | the… the lazy cleaner, the mail guy who walks slow. | 懒惰的清洁工 走路缓慢的邮件人 |
[18:47] | Okay? Snuffle out waste, pig man. | 好吗 把废物 笨蛋都清理出来 |
[18:49] | Okay, I’ll do the penthouse, you do the basement. | 懂吗 我撑门面 你搞地下工作 |
[18:51] | – All right? – Yeah, yeah, you got it. | -行吗 -是的 好的 我明白了 |
[18:54] | Wait, uh, which are these? | 等等 呃 这些是什么 |
[18:57] | You know what? I’m not sure. | 你知道吗 我也不确定 |
[19:00] | Let me go check. | 我来看看 |
[19:04] | Keep it coming. Fuckin’ drown him in paper. | 继续拿文件过来 他妈的把他淹死在文件堆里 |
[19:12] | Good night, Kendall. | 晚安 肯德尔 |
[19:13] | Night, dude. | 晚安 老兄 |
[19:18] | What’s he doing? | 他在做什么 |
[19:19] | I dunno. Reading? | 我不知道 读文件吧 |
[19:23] | Thanks, useless. | 谢谢 这回答没用 |
[19:24] | Drink your smoothie and shut up. | 喝你的冰沙 闭嘴 |
[19:31] | Actually drinking the smoothie… | 其实 喝冰沙… |
[19:43] | I can give you 52 seconds. | 我只有52秒时间 |
[19:44] | Well, I’m in at Vaulter. | 好吧 我在沃尔特公司 |
[19:46] | Yeah, so? | 所以呢 |
[19:47] | Yeah, so, let’s fucking game this out. | 所以 帮我赢过肯德尔啊 |
[19:49] | Roman, we are in a proxy war. | 罗曼 我们正在打代理权之战 |
[19:52] | The plane has just been hijacked, | 飞机刚刚被劫持 |
[19:53] | all the engines have fallen into the sea, | 所有发动机都掉进大海里了 |
[19:55] | and the pilot’s hair is on fire. | 飞行员的头发着火了 |
[19:56] | Gerri, come on, I need something. | 格丽 拜托 我需要点材料 |
[19:58] | Kendall’s doing shit. | 肯德尔正在干活 |
[19:59] | Okay, how about this: you do shit. | 不如这样吧 你也干活 |
[20:01] | What have you got? | 你有些什么 |
[20:02] | One idea: pivot to video? | 一个想法 转向视频 |
[20:04] | Yeah, they tried that already. | 这个 他们已经尝试过了 |
[20:06] | Can you just come over? I want you in the room. | 你能过来吗 我想要你来我办公室商量 |
[20:08] | Can I come over? | 我可以过来吗 |
[20:09] | Yeah. Could… Yeah… | 是啊 可能… 是啊… |
[20:11] | Fuck you! | 操你妈的 |
[20:12] | Fuck you. | 操你妈的 |
[20:23] | Excuse me, folks, um, could I maybe interest you all | 不好意思 伙计们 你们有没有兴趣和我一起 |
[20:26] | in going for one of those fuckin’… | 去喝一杯像洗车时流出来的 |
[20:29] | IPAs that looks like run-off at the carwash? | 污水一样的酒 |
[20:32] | Is he in the chair? | 他在椅子上吗 |
[20:36] | Hey, Dad? | 嘿 爸 |
[20:41] | I need three independent women. Know any? | 我需要三个有主见的女人 都有谁 |
[20:44] | The board? | 董事会里吗 |
[20:49] | Black, white, green, pink. | 黑人 白人 新手 同性恋 都行 |
[20:52] | A Cambodian landmine victim, if you know any. | 柬埔寨地雷受害者 如果你认识的话 |
[20:55] | Yeah, be the change you wanna see in the world. | 是的 成为你想要在世界上看到的改变 |
[20:57] | You’re a real beacon of hope, Dad. | 爸爸 你是真正的希望灯塔 |
[21:00] | What do you think about Pierce? | 你怎么看待皮尔斯 |
[21:03] | Buying? PGM as a defense? | 收购吗 买下来作为一种防御吗 |
[21:06] | I… Honestly, I think that’s chasing the white whale. | 我…老实说 我认为那不切实际 |
[21:08] | Again. | 还是这个看法 |
[21:09] | It’s never gonna work, it’s not a good fit. | 它永远不会起作用 不适合 |
[21:11] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[21:12] | Dad, I was wondering whether we should… | 爸爸 我在想 我们是不是应该… |
[21:14] | talk. | 谈谈 |
[21:16] | You know, about… | 你知道 关于… |
[21:17] | It wasn’t a dream, right? | 之前的事不是梦 对吗 |
[21:19] | Are you kidding? I’m excited! | 你在开玩笑吗 我很兴奋呢 |
[21:22] | So, let’s talk. | 那我们谈谈吧 |
[21:23] | Should you go, or shall I? | 你先说 还是我先说 |
[21:25] | Uh, well, I have some ideas that I… | 呃 我有一些想法 我… |
[21:30] | Siobhan? What a surprise. He never said. | 西沃恩 真是惊喜啊 他都没告诉我 |
[21:34] | – Hi. – Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[21:35] | Just a pop-in. | 只是临时来的 |
[21:38] | Pinkie was telling me how, um… | 小家伙在告诉我 嗯… |
[21:41] | Connor’s moved into a hotel in the city. | 康纳搬进了城里的一家酒店 |
[21:43] | I saw. | 我看见了 |
[21:44] | He sent out his email bulletin with all the photographs. | 他把所有的照片都群发出去了 |
[21:48] | He rents a room, he rents a girl. | 他租了个房间 租了个女孩 |
[21:52] | Can you check if Richard’s turned off that fuckin’ Alexa? | 你能查下理查德有没有关了那个该死的排名查询网站 |
[21:55] | Not just off, unplugged. | 不只是关掉 是彻底下线了 |
[21:57] | I’ve got enough spies after me without Bezos in here too. | 即使贝索斯没在这 我身边的间谍还是很多 |
[22:01] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[22:03] | Right. | 好的 |
[22:22] | So… | 那… |
[22:23] | here’s how I see it. | 我是这么看的 |
[22:25] | Come in. | 进公司 |
[22:27] | Six months with Gerri, six months with Karl. | 和格丽共事半年 和卡尔共事半年 |
[22:30] | Hong Kong for, say, another 12. | 再去香港工作个一年 |
[22:32] | Uh, Berlin, or London. | 柏林 或者伦敦 |
[22:36] | Management training program for six. | 管理培训计划半年 |
[22:39] | Come back, spend 12 months alongside me. | 然后回来 花一年时间和我一起 |
[22:43] | And when you’re ready, I’ll step aside. | 等你准备好了 我就放手 |
[22:45] | Wow, Dad, that’s a lot of months. | 哇 爸爸 那是很多年了 |
[22:47] | It’s an appropriate amount of months. | 要有一定的资历才合适 |
[22:50] | Also, management training program? | 还有 管理培训计划 |
[22:52] | Roman’s COO. | 罗曼当首席运营官 |
[22:53] | You have a toddler with a hard-on | 你让一个路都走不顺溜的小毛孩 |
[22:55] | for chief operating officer, | 当首席运营官 |
[22:57] | and I’m going through a management training program? | 却让我去参加管理培训计划 |
[22:59] | You’re a young woman with no experience. | 你是个年轻女性 没有经验 |
[23:00] | A woman. That’s a minus. | 我是女性 这是减分项 |
[23:02] | Well, of course it’s a fucking minus! | 嗯 这他妈当然是减分项 |
[23:04] | I didn’t make the world! | 世道又不是我定的 |
[23:06] | You make a small part of it. | 但也受到了你的部分影响 |
[23:07] | If that doesn’t work for you, what does? | 如果你不接受这个方案 你想怎样 |
[23:08] | That’s a fucking… That’s a three-year timeline. | 那是他妈的… 那是三年的时间啊 |
[23:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:12] | So why don’t you come in tomorrow | 要不你明天过来 |
[23:13] | and spend the day with me? | 陪我一天吧 |
[23:14] | Oh, Jesus Christ, Dad. | 哦 我的天啊 爸 |
[23:16] | What? | 怎么了 |
[23:18] | I need time, I… I haven’t even told Tom yet. | 我需要时间 我… 我还没有告诉过汤姆 |
[23:20] | – Tell him. – And there’s Gil. | -告诉他啊 -还有吉尔那边 |
[23:22] | I have a job, I can’t just come running to you. | 我有自己的工作 不能就这么跑来找你 |
[23:24] | What is it, Siobhan, too slow or too fast? | 怎么回事 西沃恩 到底是太慢了还是太快了 |
[23:27] | Because I’m fucking confused. | 因为我他妈的很困惑 |
[23:28] | Dad, I want this. | 爸爸 我想要这个 |
[23:30] | It’s just about the process. | 只是过程需要商榷 |
[23:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:34] | Okay? | 是吗 |
[23:34] | So… you wanna get into it? | 那么…你想好好谈下吗 |
[23:36] | Not now. | 现在不要 |
[23:37] | I’m busy. Proxy statement. | 我很忙 股东委托书 |
[23:38] | You didn’t give me any warning. | 你又没有提前告诉我 |
[23:39] | – All right. – I mean, you know, | -行 -我的意思是 这样 |
[23:41] | tomorrow night could work? | 明天晚上可以吗 |
[23:42] | – That… Yeah. – Tomorrow? | -那…可以吗 -明天吗 |
[23:43] | Uh… Yeah, let me take a look. | 呃…好吧 我看看 |
[23:45] | Oh, is that no good for you? | 哦 时间不合适吗 |
[23:47] | I’m around. | 我住在附近 |
[23:49] | – I’m excited. – Mm-hmm. | -我很兴奋 -嗯嗯 |
[23:51] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[23:52] | I’ll get back to you tomorrow… | 我明天会告诉你… |
[23:55] | – on the names for the board. – Mm-hmm. | -董事会的人的名单 -嗯嗯 |
[24:01] | – Love you. – I love you. Goodnight. | -爱你 -我爱你 晚安 |
[24:07] | All right. | 好了 |
[24:09] | I haven’t got all day. | 我时间有限 |
[24:15] | Agenda is Vaulter. | 议程是沃尔特 |
[24:16] | We need a way forward on the Vaulter problem | 我们需要在两天之后的投资人会议之前 |
[24:18] | ahead of investor meetings in two days’ time. | 找到解决沃尔特公司的办法 |
[24:21] | Do you want to present jointly or… ? | 你们想一起陈述还是… |
[24:24] | Ken? | 肯 |
[24:26] | Yeah, I’ll take it. | 嗯 我来吧 |
[24:26] | Um, so, I’ve spent the last 36 hours | 嗯 那 我花了36个小时 |
[24:30] | on a deep dive into the drivers of the business. | 深入了解了业务的驱动因素 |
[24:32] | Headline is, it’s a body pit. | 先说结论 这是个万人坑 |
[24:34] | Uh, they have mass of data with no analytics. | 他们有海量的数据 却没有分析 |
[24:37] | There’s no way of telling what’s a hand and what’s a foot. | 没有办法分辨哪儿是哪儿 |
[24:39] | But it’s still a killer business. | 但这仍然是一个重量级的业务 |
[24:41] | The platform, the brands. | 平台 品牌 |
[24:43] | Uh, ethos and culture are leading edge. | 呃 社会思潮和文化占据了领先优势 |
[24:46] | And, um, in my view, it’s fixable. | 而且 嗯 在我看来 问题可以解决 |
[24:49] | It’s funny how these fuck-ups | 这些混球总是想试探底线 |
[24:50] | always make the bottom line look fatter. | 真他妈搞笑 |
[24:53] | All they need is adults in the room. | 他们只是需要有人指导 |
[24:55] | Accounting team, analytics team, | 会计团队 分析团队 |
[24:57] | and, uh, investment. | 还有 呃 投资 |
[24:58] | We burn 50 million for a few years, | 这些年我们耗费了5000万 |
[25:01] | we… make it the best thing in the world. | 我们…让它成为了世界上最好的东西 |
[25:04] | Oh, is that all? | 哦 是这样吗 |
[25:06] | Well, you always say “Gotta burn to turn.” | 好吧 你总是说”花钱才能办事” |
[25:10] | Romulus, what’s your read? | 罗慕路斯 你查到些什么 |
[25:12] | You know, it’s interesting, Dad, | 你知道吗 有趣的是 爸爸 |
[25:13] | because I hear everything that he’s saying, | 因为我听到他说的这些 |
[25:15] | and it actually… It almost sounds like a good pitch. | 实际上…几乎像是一番有内涵的话 |
[25:18] | But… I call bullshit. | 但是… 我觉得是瞎扯 |
[25:20] | I spent some time down there, and I’m just not seeing it. | 我花了一些时间在那里 但是我没看到他说的这些 |
[25:22] | Now, I don’t know exactly what they’re doing, | 现在 我不确定他们在做什么 |
[25:24] | but they’re fakes. | 但他们都是些假货 |
[25:25] | Fucking beehives, almond milk, and… | 他妈的蜂箱 杏仁奶 还有… |
[25:28] | “Take another week on that report, Matilda.” | “再花一个星期写那份报告 玛蒂尔达” |
[25:30] | It smells wrong, | 感觉就不对劲 |
[25:32] | and they’re hiding shit. | 他们在遮掩 |
[25:34] | Speaking of hiding shit, | 说到遮掩 |
[25:35] | I took a couple of their staffers out, | 我带了几个他们的工作人员出去玩 |
[25:37] | I got them shitfaced, | 我灌得他们烂醉如泥 |
[25:39] | and apparently, | 显然 |
[25:40] | they’re looking to unionize, | 他们希望成立工会 |
[25:42] | and fucking soon. | 而且他妈的很快就会成立 |
[25:44] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[25:46] | Pay transparency, | 支付透明度 |
[25:47] | bargaining rights. | 讨价还价的权利 |
[25:49] | Just nasty, tangly shit. | 就是些肮脏混乱的屁事 |
[25:52] | And it’s not a body pit, | 这不是万人坑 |
[25:54] | whatever the fuck a body pit is. | 不管他妈的万人坑是什么东西 |
[25:55] | It’s a fucking muesli pit, | 这是他妈的牛奶什锦早餐坑 |
[25:57] | and doesn’t fit with our core, you know… | 而且不符合我们的核心 你知道… |
[26:00] | values. | 价值 |
[26:01] | So now I’m thinking we just shutter the fucker. | 所以现在我在想 直接关掉这个操蛋的公司得了 |
[26:04] | Close it? That’s chunky. | 关掉 这想法太棒了 |
[26:06] | Come… I mean… He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. | 得了… 他都不知道自己在说什么 |
[26:08] | That’s just insane. | 他脑子有点疯 |
[26:10] | The write-down on that would be what? It’s a bitter pill. | 调低账面价值会怎么样 这个苦果只能吞了 |
[26:12] | Come on, I mean, i… i… in the middle of a proxy fight | 得了 现在正在进行代理权争夺战 |
[26:14] | when we’ve got Stewy and Sandy taking out full-page ads | 斯图威和桑迪拿下了”华尔街日报”的整版广告 |
[26:16] | in the Journal attacking us for pissing capital up the wall? | 正在抨击我们把资本弄得一团糟 |
[26:19] | It… It… I mean, it makes us look weak. | 那 那样会让我们看起来很虚弱 |
[26:21] | No, it makes us look ruthless. | 不 这会让我们看起来很无情 |
[26:23] | And actually, I do know what I’m fucking talking about. | 而且 实际上 我确实知道我在说什么 |
[26:26] | Dad, what the fuck are we doing? | 爸 我们他妈的在做什么 |
[26:28] | Show me the bloat anywhere else in this company. | 让我看看这家公司其他地方的增长 |
[26:30] | Where is it? You show me. | 在哪里 你告诉我 |
[26:32] | Show me the waste | 告诉我 |
[26:32] | that we’re letting these fuckers get away with. | 我们让这些黑客逍遥法外所造成的浪费 |
[26:34] | Fine, so we restructure them and we grow them… | 很好 那我们把他们重组 然后再发展… |
[26:37] | I think if we don’t shutter it, then we gut it. | 我想 如果我们不关掉这公司 我们就把它重组 |
[26:39] | We carve that shit like a pumpkin. | 我们像雕刻南瓜一样把这个狗屎公司拆分了 |
[26:41] | How? | 怎么拆分 |
[26:42] | You hive off the profit center, | 你把利润中心分离出来 |
[26:44] | you keep the domain name, the archive, | 保留域名 档案 |
[26:47] | um… | 嗯… |
[26:49] | Gut level, Dad, | 全拆散 爸 |
[26:50] | this thing is not coming back. They’re fuckin’ assholes. | 这事没有转圜余地 他们都是些混蛋 |
[26:53] | Dad. | 爸 |
[26:55] | Vaulter can be our lodestar. | 沃尔特可以成为我们的标杆 |
[27:00] | Th… This is… This isn’t the time to retreat. | 现… 现在不是撤退的时候 |
[27:09] | Your brother’s right. Gut it. | 你弟弟说得对 拆分吧 |
[27:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:18] | Roman, | 罗曼 |
[27:20] | I want you on the proxy battle with Gerri. | 我希望你和格丽一起加入代理权争夺战 |
[27:23] | Kendall, | 肯德尔 |
[27:25] | you think you can gut Vaulter for me? | 你能为我重组沃尔特吗 |
[27:27] | Or you need help? | 还是说你需要帮手 |
[27:31] | I’ll take care of it, Dad. | 爸爸 我会处理好的 |
[28:16] | Uh, you know, when Willa told me | 你知道吗 威拉告诉我 |
[28:17] | about moving to New York for her play, | 要为了她的戏剧搬来纽约住的时候 |
[28:19] | I thought, “Ah, I don’t want to move to the city. | 我想 “啊 我不想搬到这个城市 |
[28:21] | I wanna stay on the ranch. | 我想留在牧场 |
[28:23] | Maybe I’ll get me a new girlfriend.” | 也许我会找个新女朋友” |
[28:25] | I’m kidding. | 我开玩笑呢 |
[28:28] | No, I mean, it’s true. | 不 他说的是真的 |
[28:29] | It was pretty hard to wheedle the old man out of the dessert. | 要把老人从甜点中哄出来相当困难 |
[28:33] | But, um, we’re here now | 但是 嗯 我们现在在这里 |
[28:35] | in our, um, not-so-humble home… | 在我们这个不那么卑微的家里… |
[28:39] | hotel. Um. | 酒店里 嗯 |
[28:40] | But, uh, friends, family, please, | 但是 呃 朋友们 亲人们 欢迎 |
[28:42] | you know, feel free to drop in anytime, | 随时来探访我们 |
[28:44] | and, um, don’t worry about all this, | 而且 嗯 不用担心这些花销 |
[28:47] | ’cause it’s on our tab. So… | 因为我们会买单 所以… |
[28:50] | Okay. Great. | 好的 真棒 |
[28:52] | Cheers! | 干杯 |
[28:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:56] | Hey, Con, thank you so much | 嘿 老康 非常感谢你 |
[28:58] | for taking care of the sliders and all this shit. | 安排这些汉堡和所有这些狗屁招待 |
[29:00] | Yeah, and the champagne. It’s very big of you. | 是的 还有香槟 你真是太好了 |
[29:02] | And I love what you haven’t done with the place as well. | 我也喜欢你这里还没有装修的那些地方 |
[29:04] | Yeah, well, you know we got a really good deal. | 嗯 你知道吗 我们做了一笔很好的交易 |
[29:06] | And rehearsals are right around the corner. | 而且 戏剧排练就要开始了 |
[29:08] | Plus, I needed a place in the city | 另外 我也需要在城里找个落脚点 |
[29:09] | ’cause I’m gonna start ramping up soon. | 因为我很快就会开始加速了 |
[29:11] | So I needed campaign headquarters. | 所以我需要竞选总部 |
[29:14] | Wait. | 等等 |
[29:14] | – You okay? – Yeah, I’m fine. | -你没事吧 -是的 我没事 |
[29:17] | – Are you still doing that? – Very funny. Yes. | -你还在筹备那事吗 -非常好笑 是的 |
[29:19] | I’m still applying for the job | 我还在申请 |
[29:20] | of President of the United States. | 美国总统这份工作 |
[29:22] | Oh, good for you. | 哦 真有你的 |
[29:23] | Yeah. Do you… | 是啊 你呢… |
[29:24] | Do you think that that’s like a natural progression | 你觉得这就像是自然发展一样吗 |
[29:26] | from “never done nothing, never,” | 从”从来没有做过任何事 从没做过” |
[29:28] | to “most important job in the world?” | 到”要做世界上最重要的工作” |
[29:30] | – Well… – Like, could you maybe | -好吧… -比如 你也许 |
[29:31] | get a little experience at, like at a CVS, something, first? | 应该先获得一些资历这样吧 |
[29:34] | Yeah, yeah, or just, like, nickel hand jobs under a bridge. | 是的 是的 就像在桥下面那种廉价的打飞机 |
[29:36] | – Start small. – You guys have big plans for me. | -从小事开始 -你们给我制定了一个大计划啊 |
[29:39] | Place is a time machine. | 那地方就像是停留在过去[时间机器] |
[29:41] | It’s like 45 minutes every time they need file tape, | 每次他们需要文件磁带时 就要花费45分钟 |
[29:44] | all the way to some warehouse in Queens. | 从公司到皇后区的某个仓库取 |
[29:45] | Okay, so? | 好的 所以呢 |
[29:47] | So, I don’t know. I mean… | 所以 我不知道 我的意思是… |
[29:48] | How come it isn’t digitized? | 为什么没有数字化 |
[29:50] | The whole of ATN, it’s totally analog, Tom. | 整个泛美网络科技 完全用的是模拟信号 汤姆 |
[29:53] | So I could fire people? | 所以 我可以解雇人喽 |
[29:55] | Correct? If we did this? If we digitized? | 对吧 如果我们这样做 如果我们数字化 |
[29:57] | I… I mean, you’d be removing, like, | 我… 你可以去掉 |
[30:00] | two links from the production chain of every show. | 每个节目的制作环节中的两个环节 |
[30:02] | – But would it be… – Okay, okay, okay. | -但是 那样会不会… -好的 好的 好的 |
[30:03] | But… but in terms of skulls, | 但是…但就人头数而言 |
[30:06] | how many skulls, do you think? | 你觉得有多少人头 |
[30:08] | – That we can lose? – Yeah. | -我们可以裁掉的人头吗 -是的 |
[30:10] | I dunno. I… I guess, like, 30 or 50? | 我不知道 我…我猜 估计有30或50个 |
[30:12] | Fifty skulls? | 50个人吗 |
[30:17] | I’m slavering, pig man! | 我流口水了 猪头 |
[30:18] | Fifty skulls is a lot of skulls! | 50个人是很多人啊 |
[30:20] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[30:21] | I know, it’s goo… It’s… tons. | 我知道 是… 那是…很多人 |
[30:24] | Oh, look at this fuckin’ prick. | 哦 看看这个混蛋 |
[30:27] | Yikes, I almost feel sorry for him. | 哎呀 我都快为他感到难过了 |
[30:29] | Oh yeah? Why? | 是吗 为什么 |
[30:30] | Just emptied the contents of his scrotum | 刚刚丢掉自己的男子汉气概 |
[30:32] | at Dad’s feet. | 跪倒在爸的脚下 |
[30:34] | We’re gutting Vaulter. | 我们正在重组沃尔特 |
[30:35] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[30:37] | Is that a good idea? | 这是个好主意吗 |
[30:39] | Fucking great idea. | 他妈的好得不能再好了 |
[30:40] | It’s Kendall’s baby, and now we’re gonna burn it. | 这是肯德尔的宝贝 现在我们要把它毁之一炬 |
[30:44] | Hey, um… So, we we’re thinking, uh… | 嘿 嗯…所以 我们在想 呃… |
[30:47] | me and, uh, Tabitha and I, | 我 呃 塔比莎和我 |
[30:49] | uh, that we’d like to have you and Tom over for dinner. | 呃 我们想邀请你和汤姆共进晚餐 |
[30:53] | Uh… sorry, what? Do you… | 呃…对不起 什么 你… |
[30:55] | Roman Roy, did you just invite us to dinner? | 罗曼·罗伊 你刚刚邀请我们吃晚饭吗 |
[30:57] | Oh, fuck you. All right, shut up. | 噢 去你的 好吧 闭嘴 |
[30:58] | Yes, I did. Metro poser bullshit. | 是的 我邀请了 装什么样子嘛 |
[31:00] | Napkins and chitchat. | 吃吃饭 聊聊天 |
[31:02] | Ooh, race relations. Kale. | 哦 谈谈种族关系 吃点羽衣甘蓝 |
[31:19] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[31:21] | Do you reckon if I called room service | 你觉得 如果我打电话给客房服务 |
[31:23] | and asked them to poke me in the eye, they would? | 然后要求他们捅我的眼睛 他们会照做吗 |
[31:26] | It’s pretty unbearable in there. | 待在里面真是难以忍受 |
[31:30] | Can I get a drag? | 能给我吸一口吗 |
[31:32] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[31:36] | I hear Dad’s got Vaulter in a crosshair. | 我听说爸要拿沃尔特开刀 |
[31:41] | Roman? | 罗曼说的吗 |
[31:43] | He shouldn’t be talking to you about that. | 他不应该和你谈论这件事的 |
[31:45] | Just seems like a bad move to me. | 在我看来 这步棋下得很糟糕 |
[31:48] | I’m just saying, I always liked it. | 我只是说 我一直很喜欢它 |
[31:52] | Yeah, well. | 嗯 好吧 |
[31:55] | Dad’s right. | 爸是对的 |
[31:58] | Are you with him on this? | 你同意他的看法吗 |
[32:02] | He sees everything, Shiv. | 他看到了一切 小西 |
[32:05] | You have a hard time finding a happy medium | 你很难找到一个折衷的方式 |
[32:07] | between worshipping him and wanting to kill him. | 在崇拜他和想要杀死他之间找到平衡 |
[32:15] | – The Vaulter thing. – Mm. | -沃尔特公司这事 -嗯 |
[32:17] | Gutting it. | 分拆重组 |
[32:18] | What if it’s the wrong thing? | 要是这决定错了怎么办 |
[32:20] | I thought your dad agreed with you? | 我还以为爸同意你的意见呢 |
[32:22] | Uh, yeah, he did. And now they’re doing it. | 呃 是的 他是同意 现在他们正在分拆 |
[32:24] | They’re actually doing the thing that I said. | 他们实际上正在照我说的做 |
[32:27] | Fuck. | 他妈的 |
[32:29] | Think maybe you just did your job. | 或许你是胜任了工作呢 |
[32:31] | Shall we get some more champagne? | 我们可以再来点香槟吗 |
[32:33] | I mean… | 我意思是… |
[32:35] | It could be right. It might not be, but it could be. | 这样可能是对的 有可能不对 但也可能对 |
[32:39] | Maybe I’m smart. | 也许我很聪明呢 |
[32:41] | Sure. | 当然 |
[32:43] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[32:45] | You did a thing. | 你做了一件事 |
[32:47] | Mazel tov. | 祝你走运 |
[32:49] | You know, I’m gonna… | 你知道吗 我要… |
[32:50] | I’m gonna schedule some time with your dad, | 我要和你爸约个时间 |
[32:52] | and take him out for dinner and wine him and dine him | 请他出去吃饭 请他喝酒 和他一起吃饭 |
[32:54] | and make love to him with my ideas, you know? | 把我的想法灌进他脑子里 你知道吗 |
[32:56] | This could be huge, Shiv. | 这可能会很重大 小西 |
[32:58] | Tom, I think… | 汤姆 我想… |
[33:00] | I think we should talk. | 我想我们应该谈谈 |
[33:05] | You wanna get out of here? | 你想离开这里吗 |
[33:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[33:11] | Is this about ATN? | 是关于泛美网络科技吗 |
[33:13] | Hey, you… you want something? | 嘿 你… 你想喝点什么吗 |
[33:14] | I’ll get you something. | 我帮你倒点 |
[33:21] | Ooh, that’s a biggie. | 哦 看来是大件事 |
[33:23] | Is this about the arrangement? | 是关于安排方面的吗 |
[33:24] | Look, Tom, it’s… | 听着 汤姆 是… |
[33:26] | no, it’s Waystar. | 不 是关于韦斯达 |
[33:29] | This is never gonna happen, | 这事永远不会发生 |
[33:31] | and I don’t even trust him, and even if I did, | 我根本就不相信他 而且 就算我答应了 |
[33:33] | I’m not even sure that I would want it. | 我也根本不确定自己想不想要它 |
[33:36] | But, uh… | 但是 呃… |
[33:41] | he offered it to me. | 他把公司给我了 |
[33:44] | To be next. | 做接班人 |
[33:46] | Dad. | 爸 |
[33:49] | Oh. | 哦 |
[33:50] | – Oh my… – Mm. | -哦 我的天… -嗯 |
[33:52] | Shiv… when? | 小西 …什么时候的事 |
[33:54] | Uh, the Hamptons. | 呃 汉普顿的时候 |
[33:57] | The Hamptons? | 汉普顿的时候 |
[34:00] | Oh, my God, Shiv, that’s… | 哦 天哪 小西 那是… |
[34:02] | That’s like a week ago. | 那是一个星期前啊 |
[34:04] | Congratulations! What the fuck! | 恭喜 卧了个槽 |
[34:06] | I know! | 我知道 |
[34:08] | I mean, I… I… I don’t know what to think. | 我…我…我不知道该怎么想 |
[34:10] | Holy shit! I mean, | 天哪 这… |
[34:12] | this is… huge! | 这… 太重大了 |
[34:15] | S… | 所… |
[34:16] | – So, I mean, do you… – Want it? No! | -所以 你呢… -我想要吗 不想 |
[34:20] | And I don’t even trust him, so I… | 而且我根本就不相信他 所以我… |
[34:22] | Because I thought that it was something | 因为我以为这是 |
[34:24] | that we wanted for me… | 我们希望… |
[34:26] | – We do. – … to have it? | -的确是 -…我来得到的 |
[34:27] | – We do! – That was… I mean, | -的确是 -那是…我的意思是 |
[34:28] | that was just the plan. | 那只是计划 |
[34:29] | That’s st… still the plan. | 计划…仍然是那样的 |
[34:31] | Me is just a modification of the plan. | 我只是计划的一个修改 |
[34:33] | No, sure. | 对 当然 |
[34:35] | It’s q… quite a big modification. | 这是…相当大的一个修改 |
[34:37] | But d… d… so, did… | 但是… 那… |
[34:39] | d… did he… | 那…那他… |
[34:40] | We… Uh, paint the picture for me. What’d he… | 我们…呃 跟我描绘下 他是怎么… |
[34:42] | He asked me, and I said yes. | 他问我 我就答应了 |
[34:45] | But only as a play. | 但只是作为预案 |
[34:47] | Totally. | 绝对是 |
[34:48] | So what was the play? | 那预案是什么 |
[34:50] | Well, he’s asked before, obviously, | 好吧 他之前就问过我 很显然 |
[34:53] | and this time was real… | 而这一次是真的… |
[34:57] | so… | 所以… |
[34:59] | I thought I would be deleveraging power if I said no. | 我想 如果我拒绝 我会失去影响力 |
[35:01] | Exactly. Yes. | 是的 没错 |
[35:05] | Tom, this is 100 percent not going to happen. | 汤姆 这事百分之百不会发生 |
[35:08] | But it’s smart to say yes, right? | 但是 接受才是明智的 对吗 |
[35:11] | I am so… | 我太… |
[35:13] | excited for you! | 为你感到兴奋了 |
[35:14] | – Thank you. – For us! | -谢谢 -为我们 |
[35:16] | I am. | 真的 |
[35:18] | And you know, it’s okay for you to say that you want it. | 你知道吗 如果你想要它 没问题的 |
[35:23] | I’d support you. | 我会支持你的 |
[35:25] | Well, look, I mean… | 好吧 听着… |
[35:26] | Say I did want it, w… and I… I don’t, | 如果我确实想要它 我…我…我没有 |
[35:29] | you know, you… | 你知道的 你… |
[35:30] | if I was CEO of Waystar, I mean… | 如果我是韦斯达的总裁… |
[35:34] | I mean, you, honey, are gonna be something huge. | 亲爱的 你可就是有头有脸的重要人物啦 |
[35:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[35:37] | Sure. Like what? | 当然 比如呢 |
[35:39] | I… I don’t know. | 我… 我不知道 |
[35:40] | But we’ll figure it out. | 但我们会弄明白的 |
[35:41] | Yeah, that’s for later on down… down the road. | 是的 那是为了以后的… 打算 |
[35:43] | – Whenever. Just whenever. – Wow. | -无论何时 无论何时 -哇 |
[35:50] | I mean, it’s hilarious, right? | 这太搞了 对吧 |
[35:52] | Oh, yes! | 哦 是的 |
[35:53] | It’s fucking funny! | 这真他妈搞笑 |
[35:59] | Yeah… | 是啊… |
[36:00] | – Hey, come here. – Hey. | -嘿 过来 -嘿 |
[36:02] | – Mm. – Hey. | -嗯 -嘿 |
[36:04] | Oh. Oh, now? | 哦 哦 现在吗 |
[36:06] | – Mm. Why not? – Well, let me just… | -嗯 为什么不 -好吧 让我… |
[36:07] | Hang on. Let me just go and brush my teeth. | 等等 我先去刷个牙 |
[36:09] | No. | 不 |
[36:10] | – No, come here. – Okay. | -不 过来 -好的 |
[36:14] | I… I hear your brother’s running for president. | 我… 我听说你哥要竞选总统 |
[36:17] | Maybe we should get him here. | 也许我们应该把他带来这里 |
[36:19] | He seems like the… the serious one. | 他看起来像是个… 严肃的人[此处是反话] |
[36:21] | Right. Lawrence, we have a problem. | 对 劳伦斯 我们有一个问题 |
[36:25] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[36:26] | My dad wants to shut you down. | 我爸想让你这儿关门 |
[36:29] | – What are you talking about? – Yeah. | -你在说什么 -是的 |
[36:32] | But I don’t want you to worry about my dad. | 但是 我不想让你担心我爸 |
[36:34] | Okay? I can handle my dad. | 好吗 我可以搞定我爸 |
[36:36] | The fuck you talking about? | 你他妈的在说什么啊 |
[36:37] | I know what’s going on here. | 我知道这里是怎么回事 |
[36:39] | Right? It’s a… It’s a… It’s a Potemkin village. | 好吗 这是…这只是一个波将金村庄[远看不错 近看只是个门面] |
[36:42] | I mean, the engagement and bounce rate | 我的意思是 网站的参与度和跳出率 |
[36:43] | have been inflated and fucked around so much | 都被夸大了 而且搞得一团糟 |
[36:45] | they’re impossible to verify. | 他们无法验证 |
[36:47] | your share stats, the… the churn, | 你的份额统计数据 …客户流失量 |
[36:49] | the SEO traffic KPIs are all bullshit. | 搜索引擎流量 关键绩效都是瞎扯 |
[36:51] | I mean, you suckered me in, and, uh, I bought it. | 你坑了我 骗我收购了它 |
[36:55] | We had a couple shitty traffic months… | 我们有几个月流量数据是很糟糕… |
[36:58] | Uh, Facebook changed their algorithm. | 因为脸书改变了他们的算法 |
[37:00] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[37:01] | – We got face-fucked, okay? – All right. | -我们被玩弄了 好吗 -行 |
[37:02] | We’re turning the corner now. | 我们正在转折点开始回升了 |
[37:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:05] | O… Okay. | 哦…好的 |
[37:07] | What? Yeah, o… okay. Is… Is that real? | 什么 好吧 这…这是真的吗 |
[37:10] | – From Logan? – Look, I can fix this. | -洛根的决定吗 -听着 我可以解决这个问题 |
[37:13] | Okay? But no more obfuscation. | 好吗 但是 不要再继续糊弄我了 |
[37:15] | No more shitty data. | 不要再给我烂数据了 |
[37:17] | I need the full, fiber-optic, clear-channel shit. | 我需要完整 快速 清晰的数据 |
[37:20] | CT scan the whole place, and we move fast. | 完整地核查整个数据 我们快速行动 |
[37:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:24] | Do you like double-crossing your dad? | 你喜欢背叛你爸吗 |
[37:28] | Oh, that’s your favorite. | 哦 那是你的最爱 |
[37:29] | Isn’t it? | 不是吗 |
[37:31] | I’m of the opinion he can be persuaded he’s making a mistake. | 我认为 我可以让他承认 自己犯了一个错误 |
[37:38] | – Okay? – Okay. | -好吗 -好的 |
[37:41] | Oh yeah, w… Uh, one more thing. | 哦 还有 还有一件事 |
[37:42] | I… I… I need everyone to cool it on unionizing. | 我…我…我需要大家在成立工会这事上冷静下来 |
[37:46] | Okay, they’re not gonna do that. | 好吧 他们不会放弃的 |
[37:47] | Half of them are about to sign union cards. | 其中一半人即将签署工会卡 |
[37:50] | Let me speak to them. | 让我跟他们谈谈 |
[37:53] | Everyone here fucking hates you. | 这里的每个人都他妈讨厌你 |
[37:57] | I think I can take it. | 我想我能接受 |
[38:00] | Hey, everyone. Thanks for… | 嘿 大家好 感谢… |
[38:02] | Thanks for gathering. This’ll just be a minute. | 谢谢你们过来 一会儿就好 |
[38:04] | Can you… Can you guys hear me in the back? | 你们…你们在后面的能听到吗 |
[38:07] | Yeah? | 能听到吗 |
[38:08] | Uh… | 呃… |
[38:10] | Vaulter. | 沃尔特 |
[38:12] | Hey, um… Okay. | 嘿 嗯…好吧 |
[38:15] | Look, some of you might have noticed this already, | 听着 你们有些人可能已经注意到了这一点 |
[38:18] | but, uh, just so you’re getting it direct from me, | 但是 呃 我希望你们直接从我这儿得知这事 |
[38:21] | uh, Waystar management has been taking a look at the business | 呃 过去一周以来 韦斯达管理层一直在 |
[38:24] | over the last week. | 核查公司业务 |
[38:25] | But I just wanna say this to you in person… | 但是 我想亲自对你们说… |
[38:29] | I believe Vaulter is the future of this company. | 我相信沃尔特是这家公司的未来 |
[38:32] | Sure. | 当然 |
[38:33] | I’m Se… I’m fuckin’ s… dead serious. | 我很严… 我他妈…非常严肃 |
[38:36] | Just… You can’t question my belief | 只是…你们不能质疑我对你们 |
[38:38] | in what you’ve all built here. | 在这里建造的一切所具有的信念 |
[38:40] | You know, in… in… in what Lawrence has built. | 质疑…劳伦斯在这里建造的这一切 |
[38:43] | But if we’re gonna come through here, | 但是 如果我们要获得成功 |
[38:45] | we need to be light on our feet. | 我们就要看清脚下的路 |
[38:47] | That’s why I personally think | 所以 我个人认为 |
[38:49] | it would be a mistake for you to unionize. | 你们创建工会是一个错误的决定 |
[38:53] | Just… Just hear me out. | 先…先听我说完 |
[38:54] | Okay, we will get you | 好的 我们会帮你们 |
[38:56] | a really punchy independent arbitration panel, | 成立一个非常强大的独立仲裁小组 |
[38:58] | we’ll get you a pay bump. | 我们会给你们加薪 |
[39:00] | I know a lot of you are flirting with the guild, | 我知道你们很多人在和工会眉目传情 |
[39:02] | and I’m just asking you to consider | 我只是请你们考虑一下 |
[39:04] | putting that on ice. | 先终止行动 |
[39:05] | And let’s try and figure this out inside. | 我们内部先努力把问题弄清楚 |
[39:08] | We keep it in the… | 我们把问题留在… |
[39:10] | fuckin’ super cheesy, but in the Waystar family. | 超他妈俗气的韦斯达家庭之内 |
[39:14] | ‘Cause we do not want an adversarial situation here. | 因为我们不想这里出现敌对的局面 |
[39:18] | Okay, we want communication, | 好吗 我们想要沟通 |
[39:20] | we want engagement. | 我们想要协商 |
[39:22] | So let’s all pull together | 让我们一起齐心协力 |
[39:23] | and go back to your desks | 回到你们的办公桌 |
[39:25] | and generate me five, ten, 100 ideas | 然后产生5个 10个 100个想法 |
[39:28] | and hit me and my man here up. | 告诉我和我身边这位伙计 |
[39:30] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[39:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[39:34] | Yeah, I don’t know, Stanley. | 嗯 我不知道 斯坦利 |
[39:36] | I… I just don’t know if I could ever | 我…我只是不知道我是否能够 |
[39:38] | practically make use of this area. | 真的用上这个区域 |
[39:40] | That’s just a mezzanine. You know, it’s just a bonus. | 这只是一个夹层 你知道吗 只是一个附赠的空间 |
[39:44] | you have a… a living room with under-stair storage. | 你有一间起居室 楼梯下面是储藏室 |
[39:48] | Sure. It’s just… | 好吧 只不过… |
[39:49] | the thing I need storage for most urgently of all, Stanley, | 斯坦利 我最迫切需要储藏的东西 |
[39:52] | is me. | 是我自己 |
[39:54] | You know? I’m… I need… | 你懂吗 我…我需要… |
[39:57] | I need storage for myself. | 我需要空间安顿自己 |
[40:00] | Dude, it’s just a bed. | 伙计 只是一张床而已 |
[40:01] | You’re overthinking it. | 你想太多了吧 |
[40:06] | Kendall? | 肯德尔 |
[40:08] | Totally. | 完全没问题 |
[40:10] | Yep, on my way. | 好的 现在出发 |
[40:18] | So? | 怎么样 |
[40:19] | It’s a maybe. | 考虑一下吧 |
[40:25] | Hey, Ken? | 嘿 肯 |
[40:27] | Yo. | 喂 |
[40:28] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[40:32] | I got the stuff. | 我拿到你要的了 |
[40:33] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -嗯 |
[40:37] | So, what do you think? | 所以 你觉得怎么样 |
[40:39] | Uh, of this? I think… | 呃 这个地方吗 我觉得… |
[40:42] | it’s… | 这里… |
[40:43] | huge. It’s, um, it’s a very large space. | 很大 这里 嗯 这里空间非常大 |
[40:47] | What’s the… what’s the footage? | 长度…长度是多少 |
[40:49] | Uh, I don’t know. | 呃 我不知道 |
[40:51] | Developers overestimated demand, | 开发商高估了需求 |
[40:53] | so I bought all five units and my guy’s gonna flip ’em. | 所以我把所有五个单位全买了 我的人会把它们倒卖掉 |
[40:56] | Yeah, ’cause i… it’s… | 是的 因为这里…这里… |
[40:58] | an abundance of footage. | 空间非常长 |
[41:00] | An embarrassment of… of footage. | 长得…有点尴尬了 |
[41:02] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[41:04] | It’s yours. | 给你用 |
[41:05] | I… I mean, until the market starts to move, | 我…我的意思是 在卖出去之前 |
[41:07] | – but… – Until it starts to move. | -但是… -在卖出去之前 |
[41:09] | No, I’m serious. | 不 我是认真的 |
[41:11] | – Yeah. – Like… | -是的 -就像… |
[41:13] | Yeah, you live here now, Greg. | 是的 这里现在归你住了 格雷格 |
[41:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[41:17] | Uh, cool. Yeah. | 呃 很酷 是啊 |
[41:18] | I can take a lot in terms of psychological pain, so… | 我可以承受很多心理上的痛苦 所以… |
[41:22] | Yeah. Sweet, I live here! Nice. | 耶 酷毙了 我要住在这里了 太棒了 |
[41:24] | I’m totally serious. | 我非常认真 |
[41:26] | Yeah, I know. I needed a place to live, so… | 是的 我知道 我需要一个住的地方 所以… |
[41:28] | Now, uh, now I got it! | 现在 呃 现在我明白了 |
[41:30] | Uh, here’s your key. | 呃 这是你的钥匙 |
[41:32] | Until I get a doorman downstairs. | 在我招聘到楼下的门卫之前 钥匙都归你管 |
[41:34] | I’m not fuckin’ around. | 我不是在逗你 |
[41:35] | Like, it’s just gonna be empty. | 不过 房子里空空如也 |
[41:37] | – It’s not a big deal. – Kendall. | -不算什么大忙 -肯德尔 |
[41:39] | What, dude? | 什么 伙计 |
[41:42] | This is fuck… Th… this is… | 这里他妈的…这…这是… |
[41:44] | Dude, thank you. | 伙计 谢谢 |
[41:46] | So much, man. | 太感谢了 伙计 |
[41:50] | Wow. I mean… | 哇 我意思是… |
[41:53] | – Look at these ceilings. – Yeah. | -看看这些天花板 -是的 |
[41:55] | Nice height, you got big windows, | 层高不错 还有大窗户 |
[41:56] | a lot of light. | 光线也很好 |
[42:00] | Yeah. Have you ever had your own place? | 嗯 你有过自己的房子吗 |
[42:03] | Fuck yeah. | 真他妈爽 |
[42:04] | I was thinking we could hang out tonight. | 我想我们今晚可以聚聚 |
[42:07] | – Yeah. – Like, in here. | -嗯 -比如 就在这里 |
[42:08] | – Sure. – Have a little party. | -当然 -举办一个小派对 |
[42:10] | Sweet. | 酷毙了 |
[42:11] | Hi! | 嗨 |
[42:12] | – Hi! – Tom Wambsgans. | -嗨 -汤姆·万布斯甘斯 |
[42:14] | Hi! | 嗨 |
[42:15] | – Manly handshake. – Manly handshake. | -男人的握手 -男人的握手 |
[42:22] | – Uh… – I have this… | -呃… -我有一个… |
[42:23] | overwhelming urge to either knee someone in the vagina | 无法自制的冲动 想要么用膝盖顶着别人的阴道 |
[42:25] | or spit on the floor. | 要么吐在地板上 |
[42:27] | Hmm. He’s been a little bit nervous about tonight. | 嗯 他今晚有点小紧张 |
[42:30] | Nervous, come the fuck on. | 紧张 他妈的得了吧 |
[42:32] | For din-dins with firecrotch and normcore? | 就因为这对暴露狂和性冷淡的无性夫妻吗 |
[42:34] | Please. | 拜托 |
[42:37] | Well, come on in! | 好了 请进来吧 |
[42:38] | Have some champagne. | 喝点香槟吧 |
[42:40] | Enjoy our beautiful room. | 享受我们美丽的房间 |
[42:42] | Could spend your whole life here. That’s how I figure it. | 可以在这里度过你的一生 这就是我的想法 |
[42:44] | Born on the couch and cremated in here. | 在沙发上出生 在这里火化 |
[42:47] | Can I get a Diet Coke? | 我可以喝健怡可乐吗 |
[42:48] | Oh, Tom has a cold, | 哦 汤姆感冒了 |
[42:50] | and he wants everyone to know. | 他希望每个人都知道 |
[42:51] | Oh. | 哦 |
[42:52] | Well, we could send out for some saline, | 好吧 我们可以派人去买一些生理盐水 |
[42:54] | we could stand around and watch you do a nasal wash. | 我们可以站在一旁 看着你冲洗鼻子 |
[42:56] | No, no. thank you. I’m good. Thank you. | 不 不 谢谢 我很好 谢谢 |
[42:59] | I’m hearing some stories about that brother of ours. | 我听到一些关于我们兄弟的故事 |
[43:02] | Apparently… | 显然… |
[43:03] | You wanna actually drink that? ‘Cause I got some stronger shit. | 你真的想喝那个吗 因为我还有更烈的酒 |
[43:05] | – Yeah. – Do you like Japanese whiskey? | -是的 -你喜欢日本威士忌吗 |
[43:07] | – Yeah. – I’ve got this one | -是的 -我有一种酒 |
[43:08] | that tastes like fucking dragonpiss… | 味道喝着就像他妈的龙尿… |
[43:09] | You should try swallowing something. | 你应该试着吃点东西 |
[43:14] | Like honey. | 比如蜂蜜 |
[43:16] | I’m fine, thank you. | 我很好 谢谢你 |
[43:19] | Word is he’s on maneuvers again. | 据说他又在搞动作了 |
[43:21] | Making all kinds of promises about keeping Vaulter open. | 做出各种各样的承诺 以保证沃尔特继续运营 |
[43:24] | What? Does Dad know? | 什么 爸知道吗 |
[43:26] | Uh, hell no, Dad doesn’t know. | 呃 不 爸不知道 |
[43:27] | He’s a shenaniganizing piece of shit. | 他是个诡计多端的混蛋 |
[43:29] | But the thing I keep turning over in my mind is… | 但是 我脑子里不断想着的是… |
[43:33] | do I tell Dad? | 我要告诉爸爸吗 |
[43:35] | Because if I drop the shoe on Ken now, | 因为如果我现在对肯落井下石 |
[43:37] | he’s crushed forever. | 他这辈子就彻底废了 |
[43:38] | Uh… | 呃… |
[43:40] | If Kendall’s going rogue, then… let him. | 如果肯德尔我行我素 那么… 随他吧 |
[43:44] | Sooner or later, it’s gonna blow up in his face. | 迟早 会溅得他满脸脏 |
[43:46] | I love it when it blows up in people’s faces. | 我就喜欢看人脸上溅脏水 |
[43:48] | – You do. – I do. It’s my fuckin’ favorite. | -是的 -没错 这他妈是我最喜欢的 |
[43:52] | I like how this is working. | 我喜欢现在这样的方式 |
[43:54] | Us. I see a future here. | 我们 我在这里看到了未来 |
[43:56] | Yeah. Sure. | 是啊 当然 |
[43:57] | – No, me too. – Yeah. | -不 我也是 -是的 |
[43:58] | ‘Cause, you know, there’s an opening. | 因为 你知道吗 现在有个良机 |
[44:01] | Yeah, see, no one sees me coming. | 嗯 知道吗 没有人觉得我会成功 |
[44:03] | But I am right on the shoulder. | 但是我已经胜利在望了 |
[44:04] | If Dad announces tomorrow, he announces me. | 如果爸爸明天宣布 他会宣布我 |
[44:06] | Has to, there’s no other option. | 只能是我 没有别的选择 |
[44:07] | I mean, it’s fucking insane, but I am the best he’s got. | 我的意思是 这真他妈的疯了 但我是他最好的选择 |
[44:10] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[44:11] | Unless… There is one other. | 除非… 还有另外一个人选 |
[44:16] | Who? | 谁 |
[44:17] | Shiv, should I be worried about Tom? | 小西 我应该担心汤姆吗 |
[44:19] | Tom? | 汤姆 |
[44:21] | No, you don’t need to be worried about Tom. | 不 你不需要担心汤姆 |
[44:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[44:25] | All right. | 行 |
[44:28] | How’s news, Tom? | 新闻部门怎么样 汤姆 |
[44:31] | Challenging. | 很有挑战性 |
[44:33] | Tough row to hoe, but, you know… | 日子有点难熬 但是 你知道的… |
[44:35] | think I see a way out. | 我想我找到了出路 |
[44:37] | – It’s good, yeah. – Yeah? | -很好 是的 -是吗 |
[44:38] | A way out. Good for you, man. | 出路 好样的 伙计 |
[44:42] | So what is it, this way out? | 那 是什么呢 你说的出路 |
[44:44] | Oh, it’s early days, and I… Yeah. | 噢 现在言之过早 我…嗯 |
[44:47] | I haven’t even discussed it with Logan yet, but… | 我还没有和洛根讨论过 但… |
[44:50] | Oh, so it’s a secret? | 哦 这是秘密吗 |
[44:51] | That’s fucking exciting. | 那太他妈刺激了 |
[44:52] | When are you gonna tell him, at the sleepover? | 你什么时候告诉他 在外面留宿的时候吗[讽刺汤姆是小孩子] |
[44:55] | Well, um, no. | 嗯 不 不 |
[44:59] | We’re-looking in… Well, I’m looking into | 我们正在调查…嗯 我正在调查 |
[45:01] | digitizing ATN. | 将泛美网络科技数字化 |
[45:02] | Like, a total overhaul of the… of the legacy | 比如 把古老的模拟信号基础设施 |
[45:06] | analog infrastructure. | 全盘改造 |
[45:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[45:08] | Making a lot of productivity gains as well, | 同时极大地提高生产力 |
[45:10] | so I think your dad will be pretty pleased. | 所以我觉得你爸会非常高兴 |
[45:13] | Fuckin’ A. | 真他妈绝了 |
[45:15] | Look at the corn-feeder. | 看看这个”饲养器” |
[45:16] | Going all synergies and shit. | 发挥了所有的协同作用 |
[45:18] | – Yeah. – Nice. | -是的 -很好 |
[45:20] | Worth a shot. | 值得一试 |
[45:21] | Thanks, man. | 谢啦 兄弟 |
[45:31] | Where do you buy your suits, by the way, Tom? | 顺便问一下 汤姆 你在哪里买西装 |
[45:34] | Like, maybe that’s why | 也许这就是 |
[45:35] | I’m just not moving as fast as you. | 我动作不像你那么快的原因 |
[45:37] | I just don’t have that, like, boxy, corporate look. | 我就是没有那种直筒短装夹克的公司形象 |
[45:40] | Right? | 对吧 |
[45:41] | I mean, I’m sorry, but, like, | 我很抱歉 但是 就像 |
[45:43] | what the fuck? You look like a Transformer. | 什么鬼 你看起来像个变形金刚 |
[45:46] | Like, wh… what’s wrong with your body, man? | 就像 你的身体有什么问题吗 伙计 |
[45:48] | Rome, come on. There’s nothing wrong with his body, | 罗曼 好了 他的身体没有任何问题 |
[45:50] | it’s just fuckin’ suits. | 这他妈只是西装而已 |
[45:52] | What? Come on, we… we’ve laughed about it before. | 怎么了 拜托 我们…我们以前也笑过的 |
[45:55] | – You have? – Yeah. | -有吗 -是的 |
[45:56] | He’s thrifty, and he has the worst taste in suits. | 他很节俭 而且他的西装品味最差 |
[45:58] | Totally has terrible Ta… | 品味真的很烂… |
[45:59] | You look like a divorce attorney from the Twin Cities. | 你看起来就像双子城的离婚律师 |
[46:01] | It’s partly the walk. It’s like a real… | 部分原因是走路的姿势 就像一个真的… |
[46:04] | – Robot? – No, agricultural walk. | -机器人吗 -不 农民的步伐 |
[46:09] | Agricultural walk! | 农民的步伐 |
[46:10] | You know, I tried to get, uh, one of his suits tailored | 你知道吗 我试过找给老爸定制西装的人 |
[46:12] | – by the guy that Dad uses. – Mm-hmm. | -定制了一套给他 -嗯嗯 |
[46:14] | – But he just looked so, like… – Hey, Shiv? Fuck off. | -但他穿起来非常…就像… -嘿 小西 够了啦 |
[46:28] | So, I’m probably just gonna sleep in the guest room | 那 我还是去客房睡觉吧 |
[46:31] | so I don’t keep you awake. | 这样免得吵醒你 |
[46:33] | Uh, are you kidding me? | 呃 你在开玩笑吗 |
[46:35] | What? We’ll both sleep better. | 怎么了 这样我们都能睡得更好 |
[46:37] | Tom. | 汤姆 |
[46:39] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[46:41] | We’ve just… We’ve gotten… | 我们只是…我们俩已经… |
[46:43] | tangled up, okay? | 搅进去了 好吗 |
[46:47] | Honey, | 亲爱的 |
[46:48] | you’re the only one I can talk to about this stuff. | 你是我唯一可以谈论这件事的人 |
[46:52] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[47:05] | – Now, I have a choice… – Mm-hmm. | -现在 我要作出一个… -嗯嗯 |
[47:07] | … to make. It’s either Gil, | …决定 要么选吉尔 |
[47:09] | or it’s Dad. | 要么选爸爸 |
[47:11] | And it’s a bit of a headfuck. | 这有点让人抓狂 |
[47:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[47:14] | Well, let’s break it down. | 那 我们慢慢分析一下 |
[47:18] | ‘Cause here’s what I’ve been thinking. | 因为我一直是这么想的 |
[47:20] | – Mm-hmm. – What if a good person… | -嗯嗯 -如果是一个好人… |
[47:23] | ran Waystar? | 在掌管韦斯达呢 |
[47:24] | Yeah, I know. Waystar, it’s… | 是的 我知道 韦斯达 这… |
[47:26] | You know, it’s the family business. | 你知道的 这是家族企业 |
[47:29] | It’s your inheritance. | 是你继承的遗产 |
[47:30] | But, you know, you saw what your dad did to Kendall. | 但是 你知道 你看到过你父亲对肯德尔的所作所为 |
[47:34] | There’s gotta be a chance he’ll do the same to you. | 他对你做同样的事情 完全有可能 |
[47:37] | Get bored of you once he’s got you. | 一旦他掌控了你 就会对你感到厌烦 |
[47:38] | I dunno. Maybe it’s about | 我也不知道 也许你应该 |
[47:40] | keeping your options open, Siobhan. | 保留你的选择权 西沃恩 |
[47:42] | Oh, yeah. Yes. | 哦耶 是的 |
[47:44] | Can you not just… | 你能不能… |
[47:46] | see how it goes and keep the plates spinning? | 看看事态怎么发展 做多手准备 |
[47:49] | Go Dick Morris, run things from out back? | 像迪克·莫里斯一样 在后面运筹帷幄[克林顿总统的竞选顾问] |
[47:56] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[47:58] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[48:00] | That’s the play. | 这就是预案 |
[48:08] | Okay, where are we on office two? | 好的 2号办公室在哪个地方 |
[48:10] | I wanna be operational by tomorrow. | 我想明天就开始运作 |
[48:12] | They’re outside right now. | 他们现在在外面 |
[48:13] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[48:17] | – IT’s on their way? – Mm-hmm. | -技术人员在路上了吗 -嗯嗯 |
[48:22] | They know where it’s going, seventh floor, right? | 他们知道去哪里吗 七楼 对吗 |
[48:56] | We all set? | 都准备好了吗 |
[48:57] | Three minutes. | 三分钟 |
[49:06] | Okay, guys. | 好了 伙计们 |
[49:07] | Everybody, if I could just have a second. | 各位 我想占用大家片刻 |
[49:11] | I just wanted to update you on a couple of developments. | 我只是想告诉大家一些最新的进展 |
[49:16] | Uh, some of you may have noticed | 呃 有些人可能已经注意到了 |
[49:18] | servers are down. | 服务器已经关闭 |
[49:20] | And we’re setting a satellite office on seven. | 我们将在七楼设立一个卫星办公室 |
[49:23] | And I’m afraid I have to inform you, | 而且 恐怕我必须通知你们 |
[49:25] | you are all dismissed. | 你们都被开除了 |
[49:29] | Yeah. You’re… You’re all fired. | 是的 你们…你们都被解雇了 |
[49:31] | So, if you can leave your laptops where they are, | 所以 请你们将你们的笔记本电脑放在原地 |
[49:33] | and hand in your passes, | 交出你们的通行证 |
[49:34] | security will be coming around now. | 安保人员现在会进来 |
[49:36] | I’ve been through everything you’ve shown me. | 你们经历过的事情 我都经历过 |
[49:39] | Food and weed, | 食品和大麻 |
[49:40] | those are the only two verticals | 这是唯一的两个带来收入的垂直领域 |
[49:41] | driving revenue, so we’re folding them in | 所以我们保留了这两项业务 |
[49:44] | and, uh, yeah, you’re all free to leave. | 现在 你们都可以离开了 |
[49:47] | This is a joke. | 开玩笑吧 |
[49:49] | You have 15 minutes to gather your belongings | 你们有15分钟的时间收拾个人财物 |
[49:51] | and exit the building. | 然后离开大楼 |
[49:52] | Separation agreements will be handed around shortly. | 离职协议将于近期交给大家 |
[49:56] | One week of severance per year served, | 每满一年工作年限可以领到一周的遣散费 |
[49:58] | with full non-disclosure. | 而且必须完全保密 |
[50:00] | Post your little videos. You get three days. | 对外发布小视频 只能领到三天的遣散费 |
[50:02] | What the f… | 什么… |
[50:03] | Unused vacation days will not be reimbursed. | 未休完的假期将不予赔偿 |
[50:06] | Health benefits will be terminated | 健康福利将在本月底 |
[50:08] | at the end of the month. | 终止 |
[50:09] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[50:10] | I’d like to thank you all for your hard work. | 我要感谢大家的辛勤工作 |
[50:13] | You piece of shit. | 你个人渣 |
[50:20] | – Is that all you got? – Fuck you. | -你就这点能耐吗 -操你妈 |
[50:22] | Fuck you, man! | 操你妈 伙计 |
[50:24] | Hey. Hey! | 喂 喂 |
[50:26] | Kendall, what the fuck are you doing? | 肯德尔 你他妈的在做什么 |
[50:29] | What the fuck is going on? | 他妈的发生什么了 |
[50:30] | Yeah, sorry about the, uh, cloak and dagger. | 噢 抱歉 呃 斗篷和匕首[秘密行动] |
[50:33] | I just needed some time to untangle all your shit, | 我只是需要点时间整理你的烂摊子 |
[50:35] | find the profit centers, | 找到利润中心 |
[50:36] | keep the union off our back. | 让工会远离我们 |
[50:38] | We’re already fully operational on seven. | 我们已经在七楼全面投入运营了 |
[50:40] | – Why? – Because my dad told me to. | -为什么 -因为我爸让我这么干的 |
[50:44] | Because your dad told you to? | 因为你爸让你这么干的 |
[50:47] | Jesus Christ. | 天啦 |
[50:49] | Because your dad told you to? | 因为你爸让你这么干的 |
[50:52] | You… You fucked it, bro. | 你…你把公司搞死了 兄弟 |
[50:56] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[50:59] | Go find some other chicken coop, cunt. | 去祸害别的鸡窝吧 傻逼 |
[51:03] | What… | 什么… |
[51:04] | Are you fucking kidding me? | 你他妈的是在开玩笑吗 |
[51:06] | Because your dad told you to! | 因为你爸让你这么干的 |
[51:10] | Are you a fucking idiot? | 你他妈是个白痴吗 |
[51:13] | Kendall! | 肯德尔 |
[51:23] | Yo, Ken. Yo, how’s it going? | 哟 肯 哟 怎么样 |
[51:27] | All good, Greg. | 挺好的 格雷格 |
[51:28] | Just, you know, looking for love in all the wrong places. | 只是 你知道的 在各种错误的地方寻找爱情 |
[51:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[51:32] | No, dude, exactly. | 不 伙计 确实 |
[51:34] | Listen, Ken, I was, uh, | 听着 肯 我 呃 |
[51:36] | super wiped and I… My legs are just killing me. | 我超级疲惫… 我的腿痛得要死了 |
[51:39] | And my lower back. | 还有我的腰背部 |
[51:41] | So do you think you could maybe bring the party up to yours? | 所以 你看可不可以把你的派对挪到你的公寓去 |
[51:44] | – Up to mine? – Up to your place. | -到我的地方吗 -到你的地方 |
[51:45] | Yeah, I don’t think so, Greg. | 噢 我觉得不行 格雷格 |
[51:49] | You know, I’m just, like… | 你知道吗 我现在 就像… |
[51:52] | I’m looking for pussy like a fuckin’ techno Gatsby. | 我他妈就像数码界的盖茨比 正在找小妞寻欢 |
[51:56] | Hell yeah! That’s… | 绝对是 那是… |
[51:58] | Hell yeah, man. Um… | 是的 伙计 嗯… |
[52:01] | There’s also… some of your acquaintances are maybe | 还有…某个你认识的人可能正在 |
[52:03] | humping in my bedroom? | 我的卧室里乱搞 |
[52:08] | If you c… Or… | 你能不能…或者… |
[52:11] | Can talk to them… | 跟他们说说… |
[52:13] | I might like to go for a run | 明天某个时候 |
[52:15] | sometime tomorrow, if we can make a space. | 我可能想去跑个步 如果我们能腾出时间的话 |
[52:16] | I need to test the hamstrings… | 我需要测试一下我的腿筋… |
[52:18] | But no paps. | 但是不能有偷拍 |
[52:19] | I don’t need another shot of me looking like a used dick. | 我不需要再拍一张让我看上去像个软耷耷的鸡巴的照片 |
[52:22] | You’re him, right? You’re the guy. | 你是那个人 对吧 你就是那个人 |
[52:24] | So they tell me. | 他们是这么说的 |
[52:26] | Good to meet you, man! I like you, man. | 很高兴认识你 伙计 我喜欢你 伙计 |
[52:28] | I’m nothing without people like you. | 没有像您这样的人 我什么都不是 |
[52:31] | Hey, | 嘿 |
[52:32] | you and me, when this work gets done, | 你和我 等选举结束了 |
[52:34] | we go get a beer. What do you say? | 我们去喝啤酒 你觉得怎么样 |
[52:35] | – Yeah! – Okay? | -好的 -好吗 |
[52:36] | – Yeah. Cool. – All right. | -好的 不错 -好啊 |
[52:37] | – Great to meet you. All right. – Yeah, yeah. | -很高兴见到你 不错 -嗯 不错 |
[52:50] | Hey, you want some gel? | 嘿 你想来点凝胶吗 |
[52:52] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[52:53] | Some Purell, for your hand. | 普瑞来 洗手用的 |
[52:55] | How long’s it been since you touched a prole? | 你有多久没接触过无产阶级了 |
[52:57] | No thank you, Shiv. | 我”谢谢”你了 小西 |
[52:59] | Oh, come on. I’m… I’m kidding. | 哦 说嘛 我… 我在开玩笑 |
[53:00] | The joke being what, exactly? | 这到底是什么笑话呢 |
[53:02] | That I wanna sanitize my hand | 我在街上遇到一个人之后 |
[53:03] | after I meet with a guy in the street? | 我就想给我的手消毒吗 |
[53:05] | Thank you. No. I’m good. | 谢谢了 但是不用洗手 我很好 |
[53:06] | Yeah, it’s a pretty shitty joke, Shiv. | 没错 这个笑话很烂 小西 |
[53:08] | I’m just saying | 我只是说 |
[53:09] | that I think that maybe we need to be | 我认为 也许我们需要 |
[53:10] | more respectful of the working folk. | 对工人阶级有更多的尊重 |
[53:14] | Even internally? | 即使在我们内部也一样 |
[53:15] | – I mean… – Okay, yeah. I get it Gil. | -我的意思是… -好的 是的 我明白了 吉尔 |
[53:16] | I don’t want us to fall into that trap. | 我不希望我们掉进那个陷阱 |
[53:19] | No, I… I’m sorry, Shiv, | 不 对…对不起 小西 |
[53:20] | but I just think that maybe you like in a kind of a bubble | 但是我只是觉得 可能你喜欢所谓的阳春白雪 |
[53:22] | and this kind of joke is okay around your family | 这种笑话对你的家人和朋友来说 |
[53:25] | and friends. | 还可以 |
[53:25] | Don’t fucking give me that. | 别他妈跟我来这套 |
[53:27] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[53:28] | Don’t pull a guilt trip on me ’cause you’re selling your soul. | 不要因为你出卖了自己的灵魂而让我内疚 |
[53:31] | I’m sorry, do we have a problem here? | 对不起 我们之间有什么问题吗 |
[53:32] | Jesus, Shiv, you need a banana and a nap? | 天啦 小西 你需要吃点东西休息会吗 |
[53:36] | I think maybe we continue this conversation in private. | 我想 也许我们私下再继续这个对话 |
[53:39] | Why? | 为什么 |
[53:40] | You don’t want him to know | 你不想让他知道 |
[53:41] | you’ve still got my dad’s cock in your mouth? | 你嘴里还含着我老爸的鸡鸡吗 |
[53:43] | I was discussing an arrangement you recommended. | 我正在讨论你推荐的一个安排 |
[53:46] | Oh, yeah, you did. Didn’t you just, y… | 哦 是啊 你是 你刚刚难道不是… |
[53:48] | Certainly discussed it. | 当然讨论过 |
[53:49] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[53:50] | You’re riding me over a deal you told me to take. | 你带我去达成一项交易 你告诉我应该接受 |
[53:53] | Took it pretty quick though, didn’t you? | 不过你很快就接受了 不是吗 |
[53:54] | Rolled over really fucking fast. | 立场改变得真他妈快 |
[53:56] | And now you’re taking reach-arounds and… | 而现在你来者不拒… |
[53:59] | flights on a 787. | 坐波音787专机 |
[54:01] | Where’s this coming from, Siobhan? | 这话从何说起 西沃恩 |
[54:03] | I’m sorry, I think maybe we should just… | 对不起 我想也许我们应该… |
[54:06] | reassess. | 重新评估 |
[54:07] | Perhaps I… Dick Morris things, operate from the background? | 也许我…竞选顾问的角色 在后台运作 |
[54:13] | Uh-huh. Okay. Yeah. | 嗯 好的 是啊 |
[54:14] | No, you know what I think? I think you’re right. | 不 你知道我怎么想的吗 我觉得你说对了 |
[54:16] | I think we need to reassess more comprehensively. | 我认为我们需要更全面地重新评估 |
[54:20] | I think Nate is right, that your… | 我认为内特是对的 你… |
[54:22] | connections to Tom, ATN, are… | 和汤姆 和泛美网络科技的关系… |
[54:26] | a distraction. | 让你分心了 |
[54:28] | Oh yeah? Well you know what? Actually, I’m out. | 是吗 你知道吗 实际上 我不干了 |
[54:32] | Actually, I just fired you, Shiv. | 实际上 我刚刚把你解雇了 小西 |
[54:35] | If you’d even noticed. | 如果你注意到了的话 |
[54:37] | Well, I already fuckin’ quit, if you had any antennae. | 好吧 我他妈先不干的 你要是耳朵有在听的话 |
[54:49] | Okay, it’s done. | 好了 搞定了 |
[54:52] | Vaulter’s dead. | 沃尔特废了 |
[54:54] | Four-hundred and seventy-six off the payroll, | 工资单上有四百七十六个 |
[54:56] | full-timers, freelance… | 全职员工 自由记者… |
[54:57] | I, uh, negotiated an early break from the lease | 我 呃 谈妥了提前解除合同的协议 |
[55:00] | and hired an editor and five interns | 然后聘请了一名编辑和五名实习生 |
[55:02] | for the two remaining verticals, | 维持剩下两个垂直领域的运营 |
[55:03] | the rest will be user-generated, | 其余的将由用户生成 |
[55:05] | reviews, upload pics, all that stuff. | 评论 上传图片 所有这些东西 |
[55:09] | Also, I harvested a ton of ideas | 此外 我在沃尔特的工作人员离开之前 |
[55:11] | from the Vaulter staff before they left. | 收获了大量的点子 |
[55:13] | IP and start-up ideas. | 知识产权和初创企业的想法 |
[55:14] | Most of it’s, you know, bullshit but… you never know. | 大多数是 你懂的 废话 但是…说不定有什么好点子 |
[55:19] | We’ll say you tried to keep it alive. | 我们会宣称 你试图让沃尔特保持活力 |
[55:22] | Valiant efforts, et cetera. | 勇敢的努力 等等 |
[55:25] | I’m good. I’ll wear it. | 我没事 我会接受的 |
[55:32] | I should take this. | 我得接这个电话 |
[55:36] | – Yeah? – Dad? | -怎么了 -爸 |
[55:38] | I told Gil. | 我跟吉尔辞职了 |
[55:40] | I’m ready. Let’s get started. | 我准备好了 我们开始吧 |
[55:41] | Start… looping me in. | 开始… 让我进入公司 |
[55:44] | That’s great. | 这很棒 |
[55:46] | I’ll be in touch. | 我再联系你 |
[55:53] | Everything okay? | 一切都好吗 |
[55:54] | Oh, yeah. Usual headaches. | 没事 就是平常的头痛 |
[55:56] | Hey. Should I be in this? | 嘿 我应该参加这个吗 |
[55:58] | Roman, | 罗曼 |
[55:59] | your brother’s gonna be working in here from now on. | 从现在开始 你哥哥将在这里工作 |
[56:03] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[56:03] | I need him across the proxy battle. | 我需要他参与代理权争夺战 |
[56:06] | Can’t afford communication slips. | 我们承受不起沟通失误的后果 |
[56:09] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[56:13] | What are you waiting for? | 你还在等什么 |
[56:15] | A kiss? | 等我亲你吗 |
[56:16] | Fuck off. Be gone. Bye bye. | 滚出去吧 走了 再见 |
[56:30] | Yes? Can I help you? | 怎么了 我可以”帮”你吗 |
[56:33] | Fuck you looking at? | 你他妈的看个毛啊 |
[56:34] | You did good, son. | 你做得很好 儿子 |
[56:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[56:38] | Make yourself at home. | 请自便 |
[57:03] | Comfortable? | 还舒适吧 |
[57:28] | Hey. Can I get a pack of American Spirit Yellow? | 嘿 可以给我一包黄色的美国精神吗[香烟] |
[57:32] | One of these. | 还要个火机 |
[59:31] | There were some doubts as to… | 有些人对此有疑虑… |
[59:33] | whether an acquisition is really what we need right now. | 我们现在真正需要的是不是一次收购 |
[59:36] | It is. The bigger the better. | 正是 越大的收购越好 |
[59:39] | And I have it. | 我志在必得 |
[59:41] | This is a disaster. | 这是一场灾难 |
[59:43] | We need to stop him. | 我们需要阻止他 |
[59:44] | Could you sit out the corporate retreat this year? | 今年的公司会议 你能袖手旁观吗 |
[59:47] | Nah. It’s a morale-booster. | 不 我去才能加油鼓劲 |
[59:49] | Someone spiked the deal. | 有人阻挠这次收购 |
[59:51] | Which one of you boys did it? | 是你们中间哪个小子干的 |
[59:54] | Here’s news: I… will… win. | 宣布一下 我 必 胜 |