时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:22] | Oh, god, I’m so sorry. Are you okay? | 天呐 对不起 你没事吧 |
[00:24] | You know there are easier ways to kill me, | 就算你担心我会告诉别人 |
[00:25] | if you’re worried I’ll rat you out for cheating on the LSATs. | 你在法学院入学考试做过枪手 也不用这样吧 |
[00:27] | What? Come on, Rachel. | 什么 别这样 瑞秋 |
[00:29] | Unbelievable. | 不可理喻 |
[00:30] | Rachel! | 瑞秋 |
[00:34] | Rachel, come on, let me buy you a fresh cup. | 瑞秋 别这样 我给你买杯新的吧 |
[00:36] | Are you actually gonna buy it this time, | 你是真打算去买 |
[00:37] | or are you gonna steal it? | 还是打算去偷呢 |
[00:38] | Okay, first of all, I don’t steal, I cheat. | 首先 我不偷东西 我只是替考 |
[00:40] | There’s a big difference. And I don’t do it anymore. | 二者截然不同 而且我已经洗手不干了 |
[00:43] | Oh, great defense. | 很有力的辩词 |
[00:44] | I’m sorry, your honor, I know that I murdered her, | 对不起 法官大人 虽然我杀了她 |
[00:46] | but I promise I won’t do it anymore. | 但我保证以后不这么做了 |
[00:49] | Look, I understand why you’re mad, | 我知道你为什么生气 |
[00:51] | but I still don’t think you’re being entirely fair. | 但我还是觉得你对我的看法有点不公平 |
[00:53] | Not fair? | 不公平吗 |
[00:54] | What’s not fair is that you repeatedly help people skirt a system | 不公平的是你屡次替考 帮别人拿到资格证 |
[00:57] | that stands in the way of me becoming a lawyer. | 我却因为这个考试而当不成律师 |
[00:58] | You know what? Why don’t you give up the whole saint act, | 别一副正气凛然的样子 |
[01:01] | since the only reason you figured out I was cheating | 你之所以能发现我替考 |
[01:02] | is ’cause you were thinkin’ about cheating yourself. | 还不是因为你自己想要作弊 |
[01:05] | Thinking about cheating and actually doing it | 想要作弊和真的作弊 |
[01:06] | are two very different things, Doctor Analogy. | 是两码事 别偷换概念 |
[01:11] | Whoa! Wait, did I miss an apocalypse? | 等等 我是错过了什么天灾吗 |
[01:13] | Where is everyone? | 人都哪去了 |
[01:14] | You know, for someone with a freak brain, | 对于你这种记忆力超群的人 |
[01:16] | you manage to forget everything important. | 竟然能忘了这么重要的事情 |
[01:19] | Follow me, but don’t talk to me. | 跟我来 但是别跟我说话 |
[01:27] | Not bad, Harvey. | 不错 哈维 |
[01:29] | The Prague hotel, in the black in less than three years, | 布拉格酒店 盈利不到三年 |
[01:31] | and a successful I.P.O. | 首次公开募股就很成功 |
[01:33] | Who said passion wasn’t productive? | 谁说热情不是生产力 |
[01:35] | I don’t know anyone that’s ever said that. | 怎么可能有人那么说呢 |
[01:38] | Jones, tell me something. | 琼斯 我有事问你 |
[01:40] | You have 30 hotels in 12 different countries, | 你在12个国家有30家酒店 |
[01:42] | but you spent last week | 为什么你上周却一直待在 |
[01:43] | in Daniel Vega’s Lisbon Resort. | 丹尼尔·维加的里斯本度假村 |
[01:46] | What? Just, you know, checkin’ out the competition. | 怎么了 就是去摸摸对手的底 |
[01:49] | That was more than a fact-finding mission. | 这可不止是去看看情况吧 |
[01:51] | You’re thinking merger. | 你在考虑并购 |
[01:52] | Do you honestly believe that I’d do that | 你真的觉得我对你 |
[01:54] | without talking to you first? | 还会先斩后奏吗 |
[01:55] | – I know you would. – Then perhaps I did. | -我知道你会的 -也许我已经这么干了 |
[01:58] | Jones, if you try to pursue a merger, | 琼斯 如果你想要并购 |
[02:00] | you may not control what happens to your business | 那你对于自己苦心经营的产业 |
[02:02] | that you built so passionately. | 就没有那么多控制权了 |
[02:04] | Okay, Sherlock, hear me out. | 好吧 侦探先生 你听我说 |
[02:05] | Combined, we’re 100 hotels in 23 countries. | 合并后我们就在23个国家有100百家酒店 |
[02:09] | I like having multiple homes. | 我喜欢多几个地方落脚 |
[02:11] | But you don’t need another name on the mortgage. | 但你不需要另一个人跟你一起还贷款 |
[02:13] | It’s a good deal. | 这是桩不错的买卖 |
[02:14] | Yeah, and it’s my job to get you a better one, okay? | 是啊 而我的职责是帮你谈桩更好的买卖 |
[02:17] | Promise me you didn’t do a handshake deal. | 答应我先不要达成协议 |
[02:22] | Donna! | 唐娜 |
[02:29] | Who’s ready for mock trial 2011? | 2011年模拟庭审现在开始 |
[02:35] | What, like make-believe trials? | 就像假装的庭审吗 |
[02:37] | We gonna play Monopoly after? | 我们接下来是不是要玩大富翁了 |
[02:39] | This is your debutante ball. | 这就相当于是你的社交新人舞会 |
[02:43] | The impression you make on the partners will last. | 你给合伙人的第一印象很重要 |
[02:46] | And let me guess, Harvey was– | 让我猜猜 哈维当初… |
[02:48] | Oh, legendary. | 传奇人物啊 |
[02:49] | Shocking. | 太惊讶了 |
[02:50] | Sydney Thompson was a consultant with Lunders Global Initiative. | 西德尼·汤普森曾是兰德斯全球联盟的顾问 |
[02:54] | She had a few too many, | 她喝得有点高 |
[02:55] | and decided to entertain her friends | 决定用模仿她老板的方式 |
[02:56] | with an impersonation of her boss, | 来娱乐下她的朋友们 |
[02:59] | Lena Lunders. | 她老板是莉娜·兰德斯 |
[03:00] | This impersonation was recorded | 这次模仿被拍了下来 |
[03:02] | and uploaded onto a social networking site. | 而且上传到了社交网站 |
[03:05] | The next day she was fired. | 第二天 她就被解雇了 |
[03:08] | Sydney is now suing for wrongful termination. | 西德尼现在要起诉公司不正当解雇 |
[03:12] | We are looking to see how you do under pressure. | 我们很期待看到你们在压力下的表现 |
[03:13] | Can’t cheat your way out of this one. | 这次你可没法作弊了 |
[03:15] | The partners have been instructed to only use the associates | 规则规定 合伙人只有在紧急情况下 |
[03:18] | in emergency situations. | 才能使用助理律师 |
[03:26] | Let the games begin. | 游戏开始吧 |
[03:27] | All right. When your name is called, | 好啦 叫到你名字时 |
[03:29] | please step up and meet your match. | 请上前来认识下你的对手 |
[03:31] | I think you mean my bitch, Louis. | 你是说我的跟班吧 路易 |
[03:35] | Gene Kaplan. | 金·卡普兰 |
[03:36] | I’m glad Jessica finally chose a case with a strong female character. | 我很高兴杰西卡终于挑了个强势女性的案子 |
[03:41] | Last year I was forced to play a traffic cop. | 去年我被迫要扮演交警 |
[03:45] | Jocelyn Lowenstein. | 乔瑟琳·劳恩斯坦 |
[03:45] | It was a total waste of my talent. | 太浪费我的才能了 |
[03:47] | Wait a minute, you play witnesses? | 等等 你扮演了证人吗 |
[03:48] | Oh, I don’t play anything. | 我不是扮演 |
[03:50] | I embody. | 我就是她的化身 |
[03:51] | And if I’m on your team, you’re a winner. | 如果我跟你一队 你赢定了 |
[03:54] | – Well, in that case– – No. | -这样的话… -不行 |
[03:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:58] | Mike Ross. | 迈克·罗斯 |
[04:06] | Mike Ross. | 迈克·罗斯 |
[04:10] | Mike Ross. | 迈克·罗斯 |
[04:13] | Kyle for the plaintiff. | 凯尔是原告律师 |
[04:16] | Ross for the defendant. | 罗斯是辩护律师 |
[04:19] | May the best man win. | 强者必胜 |
[04:21] | Oh, by the way, Kyle, | 顺便说下 凯尔 |
[04:22] | weren’t you, uh, National Mock Trial champion? | 你是不是全国模拟庭审冠军来着 |
[04:24] | That’s right, Louis. In high school, | 是啊 路易 从高中 |
[04:26] | college, and law school. | 到大学 再到法学院 战无不胜 |
[05:10] | I need an assessment of all of Vega’s hotels, okay? | 我要一份对所有维加的酒店的评估 |
[05:13] | I want you to check annual earnings, | 我需要你去查下年收入 |
[05:15] | property value. | 固定资产价值 |
[05:17] | – There should be writing. – Yeah. | -你应该写下来 -好的 |
[05:18] | This all doesn’t sound like an emergency. | 这些听着不像是什么紧急情况 |
[05:20] | The mock trial– Okay. | 模拟审判… 好吧 |
[05:23] | I’m on it. | 我这就去 |
[05:25] | – Uh, listen, Harvey, about– – I don’t give advice. | -对了 哈维 -我不会给你提建议 |
[05:28] | Okay, please, sensei? | 好吧 求你了 老师 |
[05:29] | I’m out of my league with this thing. | 我不太清楚这个事情 |
[05:35] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[05:37] | Don’t go to trial. | 不要参加庭审 |
[05:38] | It’s a mock trial. | 这是次模拟庭审 |
[05:40] | I think the trial part is kind of a prerequisite. | 我觉得参加庭审算是先决条件吧 |
[05:43] | All right. Law is about control, okay? | 听着 法律讲究的是控制 |
[05:46] | You can only control so much with a jury, judge, | 而你对于陪审团 法官 证人 |
[05:49] | witnesses, and another lawyer with an ego complex. | 和有自我情节的对方律师的控制是有限的 |
[05:52] | What if the lawyer doesn’t have an ego complex? | 如果那律师没有自我情节呢 |
[05:53] | Every lawyer has an ego complex. | 每个律师都有自我情节 |
[05:55] | The firm has presented an exercise | 公司准备的这个练习 |
[05:57] | where there’s potential for failure, okay? | 有失败的可能性 |
[06:00] | All I’m saying is try and create a situation | 我的意思是 尝试去创造一个情景 |
[06:02] | where that’s not even a possibility. | 让自己立于不败之地 |
[06:04] | Kobayashi Maru. | 小林丸 |
[06:07] | Koba–what now? | 小… 什么东西 |
[06:08] | Star Trek. Captain Kirk. | 星际迷航 科克舰长 |
[06:10] | He wins a no-win situation by rewriting the rules. | 他修改了规章制度得以反败为胜 |
[06:13] | You’re a trekkie. | 原来你爱看《星际迷航》啊 |
[06:14] | Hey, captain Kirk is the man, | 柯克船长是我的偶像 |
[06:15] | Okay? I don’t wanna hear another word about it. | 没人能破坏他在我心中的形象 |
[06:17] | Now, enough with your fake law problem. | 行了 你那个模拟庭审的问题到此为止 |
[06:19] | Let’s deal with my real one. | 我有正经案子要处理 |
[06:20] | Aye, captain. | 是 船长 |
[06:26] | You wanna know how to do a cross? | 你知道怎么做交叉询问吗 |
[06:28] | Some people like to use big words. | 有些人喜欢说大话 |
[06:30] | Some people like to go for sympathy. | 有些人爱打同情牌 |
[06:32] | But personally, | 但就我个人而言 |
[06:34] | I’m a little more go for the groin. | 我更喜欢直击要害 |
[06:36] | Hey, Mike. | 迈克 |
[06:38] | You mind dismissing the peanut gallery | 先让你的小帮派解散吧 |
[06:39] | so we can talk, Kyle? | 我有些话要对你说 凯尔 |
[06:40] | I’m sorry, guys. | 抱歉 各位 |
[06:42] | Looks like Ross here came to plead for mercy. | 看样子罗斯来求饶了 |
[06:46] | If you’re here for the witness/exhibit exchange. | 如果你是想来和我交换人证物证的话 |
[06:49] | Don’t bother. | 那就免了 |
[06:50] | I already know who you’re gonna call | 我已经知道你的人证是谁 |
[06:51] | and what evidence you’re gonna use. | 还有你会用到哪些物证 |
[06:52] | Actually, I’m not gonna call any witnesses | 其实 我不打算让任何证人出庭 |
[06:54] | or present any evidence. Let’s settle. | 也不想提交任何物证 我们和解吧 |
[06:57] | Or I can beat you. | 我赢定了 |
[06:58] | The plaintiff has shown a pattern of making | 证据已经显示原告对我的委托人 |
[06:59] | derogatory statements about my client. | 作出了一系列的诋毁性供述 |
[07:01] | – Hearsay. – Not the emails. | -道听途说 -这都在邮件里写着呢 |
[07:03] | Which have no tone of voice | 在邮件里就说明不是亲耳听到的 |
[07:04] | and are subject to interpretation. | 还会造成理解障碍 |
[07:05] | Which is exactly why your argument is shaky at best. | 所以你的论据是站不住脚的 |
[07:07] | – Then beat me in court. – Kyle. | -那就在法庭上打赢我吧 -凯尔 |
[07:09] | There’s a reason that Harvey chose me to be his guy. | 哈维选我当他的助理是有原因的 |
[07:12] | Do you really wanna find out what that reason is? | 想知道为什么吗 |
[07:17] | And how do I know this isn’t some sort of trick? | 我怎么知道你不是在耍花招呢 |
[07:19] | It’s not a trick. | 这不是花招 |
[07:22] | This is our chance to stand out. | 这是我们大显身手的机会 |
[07:24] | Look, settling gets us in and out of there | 听着 如果和解的话 |
[07:26] | in five minutes. | 我们5分钟就能结案 |
[07:27] | You drop the suit, and you and I spend the rest of the week | 如果你撤诉 我们就可以利用剩下的时间 |
[07:29] | making ourselves indispensable to the partners | 给合伙人们留下个深刻的印象 |
[07:31] | while everyone else buries their heads in Candyland Court. | 这时其他人还沉浸在模拟庭审的美梦里呢 |
[07:38] | I’m going against my better judgment | 那我就违背自己的判断 |
[07:40] | and trusting you. | 相信你一回 |
[07:42] | So we have a deal. | 那就这么说定了 |
[07:49] | Daniel, paperwork looks good, | 丹尼尔 文书工作做得不错 |
[07:51] | despite the fact that you two decided to go lawyer commando. | 但你俩不准备请律师 这可不太好 |
[07:54] | The devil’s always in the details. | 细节决定成败啊 |
[07:56] | Harvey, I know that impulse purchases don’t exist in your world, | 哈维 我知道仓促行事不是你的风格 |
[07:59] | but the timing was right. | 但现在时机到了 |
[08:00] | And as for the details, | 说到细节 |
[08:02] | I’d like to leave that to my man Scott. | 还是交给我的个人律师斯科特吧 |
[08:04] | Does he always like to be late? | 他经常迟到吗 |
[08:05] | She. | 是”她” |
[08:06] | Just got off a plane from London. | 刚从伦敦飞过来 |
[08:20] | Meet Ms. Dana Scott. | 来见一下达娜·斯科特 |
[08:24] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[08:25] | – Hi. Thank you. – Scottie. | -你好 谢谢 -斯科特 |
[08:28] | – Harvey. – Oh, you two know each other! | -哈维 -你们原来认识啊 |
[08:29] | We went to harvard law together. | 我们是哈佛法学院的同学 |
[08:31] | Harvey was fifth in the class, and I was– | 哈维当时是班上第五名 而我是… |
[08:32] | Oh, I forget. What was it? | 我忘了 我是第几来着 |
[08:33] | Married to the library? | 你那时嫁给图书馆了吧 |
[08:34] | That’s right. Number one. | 没错 我是第一名 |
[08:36] | Number one at studying. | 学习方面你确实是第一 |
[08:38] | Okay, this way. | 好了 这边请 |
[08:41] | Tell me, Scottie, | 告诉我 斯科特 |
[08:43] | What’s my success rate against you in the real world | 当我们真正对峙公堂时 |
[08:45] | where we practice real law? | 我对你的胜率是多少 |
[08:47] | Harvey, there should be no winners or losers in a merger. | 哈维 在并购案里不存在谁赢谁输 |
[08:49] | Just a happy new couple. | 皆大欢喜 |
[08:51] | That’s right, 3 and 0. | 3比0 胜负一目了然 |
[08:53] | Well, I say we let these two talk deal points | 我们还是让他们谈谈公事 |
[08:55] | While I try your chef’s famous sea bass. | 我也去尝一尝你酒店主厨的拿手海鲈 |
[08:57] | Absolutely. Play nice. | 必须的 友谊第一 |
[08:59] | We like each other, even if you two don’t. | 我们喜欢对方 但显然你们两个不是 |
[09:06] | “Married to the library”? | 嫁给了图书馆 |
[09:07] | It’s not my fault. | 又不是我的错 |
[09:08] | Library was the best you could do. | 图书馆都是你能找到最好的了 |
[09:12] | Do you have the preliminary proposal? | 你做好初步建议书了吗 |
[09:14] | No, I just flew in from London | 没呢 我刚从伦敦飞过来 |
[09:15] | completely unprepared. | 毫无准备 |
[09:16] | Try not to be intimidated. I use some big words. | 别被吓到 我的用词比较晦涩 |
[09:19] | Overcompensation isn’t that big of a word. | “过度补偿”可算不上晦涩 |
[09:21] | It isn’t? | 不算吗 |
[09:21] | I can hardly wait to see the work of a senior partner. | 我很想见识下资深合伙人的水平 |
[09:24] | I see my promotion popped up | 看来我升职一事已经出现在 |
[09:25] | on your Harvey Specter Google Alert. | 你的哈维·斯佩克特谷歌快讯上了 |
[09:27] | That’s not all that’s going to pop up. | 出现在我脑海里的可不止这一件事 |
[09:39] | Can’t remember the last time we had a bed. | 我们很久没在床上做了 |
[09:41] | Pretty convenient that we’re working on a hotel merger. | 合作酒店并购案 这绝对是近水楼台 |
[09:45] | Remember the mining deal? | 还记得那个采矿案吗 |
[09:47] | Shaft 27? How could I forget? | 27号矿井那个案子吗 我怎么忘得了 |
[09:52] | Listen, about the due diligence– | 听着 关于尽职审查… |
[09:54] | Ah, Harvey. | 哈维 |
[09:57] | You know the rules. | 你知道规矩的 |
[10:02] | No case negotiations till we’re done. | 在完事前别跟我谈案子的事 |
[10:03] | I think that might be a while. | 我想那得有一会了 |
[10:21] | Couldn’t resist seeing brilliance in action, huh? | 忍不住想看我的精彩表现吧 |
[10:23] | Actually, I have to be here. | 实际上 我必须出席 |
[10:24] | I’m playing the part of the plaintiff. | 我要扮演原告之一 |
[10:27] | Wow. I knew you were pissed, | 我知道你很生气 |
[10:28] | but I didn’t realize you were petty. | 但没想到你这么小心眼 |
[10:30] | – What does that mean? – It’s an adjective. | -什么意思 -是个形容词 |
[10:31] | It means small-minded and spiteful. | 意思是心胸狭隘又恶毒 |
[10:33] | You chose to work with the one guy who’s going against me. | 你居然帮我的对手 |
[10:36] | Kyle asked me, and I said yes. | 凯尔征求我意见 我同意了 |
[10:37] | You know what? | 算了 |
[10:37] | It doesn’t really matter,’cause you’re never gonna take the stand. | 无所谓 反正你也没机会出庭作证 |
[10:39] | Really? How’s that? | 是吗 为什么 |
[10:41] | It’s a surprise. | 等着瞧吧 |
[10:42] | But prepare to watch a mock trial legend be born. | 准备期待模拟庭审传奇的诞生吧 |
[10:49] | Is counsel ready to proceed with opening statements? | 律师们都准备好各自的开场陈述了吗 |
[10:52] | We’d like to submit a settlement agreement– | 我们打算提交一份调解协议 |
[10:53] | The plaintiff is ready, your honor. | 原告律师准备就绪 法官大人 |
[10:56] | Which is it, counselor? | 到底谁说了算 律师 |
[10:58] | The counsel for the plaintiff | 原告律师和我 |
[11:00] | and I agreed to a settlement yesterday. | 昨天达成调解共识 |
[11:02] | He must’ve misunderstood. We had discussed, | 他肯定是误会了 我们是讨论过 |
[11:04] | but I never agreed to anything. | 但并没达成共识 |
[11:06] | Do you have a signed agreement? | 你们签了协议吗 |
[11:12] | No. | 没有 |
[11:12] | Then we are ready to proceed. | 那我们准备开始模拟庭审吧 |
[11:14] | You have the floor. | 由你先开始 |
[11:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:18] | On March 31, 2010, | 2010年3月31日 |
[11:20] | Sydney Thompson was unwittingly recorded | 西德尼·汤普森对于自己电话被录音一事 |
[11:22] | on a cell phone. | 毫不知情 |
[11:23] | She made a joke, | 她开了个玩笑 |
[11:24] | the type of joke that I’m sure every person in this courtroom | 我相信法庭里的每个人 |
[11:27] | has made at one point or another… | 都曾开过这样的玩笑 |
[11:42] | Mr. Ross. | 罗斯先生 |
[11:44] | Mr. Ross! | 罗斯先生 |
[11:47] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[11:50] | Um, the, uh, the defense… | 被告方 |
[11:58] | According to Bowmaster V. Whitely, | 根据波马斯特状告怀特里一案的结果 |
[12:00] | if the party to a settlement is surprised | 如果一方当事人 |
[12:02] | by the repudiation of the settlement, | 突然得知和解被拒 |
[12:03] | then the court must provide a reasonable amount of time | 那么法庭必须给出合理时限 |
[12:06] | to prepare for the trial. | 让其做好庭审准备 |
[12:09] | – Reasonable time. – Yes, your honor. | -合理时限 -是的 法官大人 |
[12:11] | You get five minutes. | 给你五分钟 |
[12:14] | Vega has more property. | 维加不止这些资产 |
[12:15] | Debeque has more potential. | 迪贝克更有潜力 |
[12:18] | Which is harder to monetarily define. | 潜力很难用金钱来衡量 |
[12:20] | This isn’t a library, Scottie. | 这不是图书馆 斯科特 |
[12:22] | My guy’s an up-and-comer. | 我的客户不懂并购 |
[12:23] | That’s why your guy’s pouncing. | 所以你的客户才会想搞突袭 |
[12:25] | Your client is an impulse shopper, | 你的委托人是位冲动型购物者 |
[12:27] | which is what may have made him a quick success, | 这就导致他成功得快 |
[12:29] | but it could make him an even faster failure. | 但失败得也快 |
[12:31] | So he’s a passionate guy. | 他是个充满激情的人 |
[12:33] | He falls in love with a city, and he builds himself a hotel. | 他每爱上一座城市 就在那里建一座酒店 |
[12:36] | Who are you to argue with his track record? | 你凭什么对他的业绩提出质疑呢 |
[12:38] | I’m a realist, | 我是现实主义者 |
[12:39] | and I have never seen a deal pushed through so quickly. | 我从没见过哪个项目能谈得这么快 |
[12:41] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[12:43] | So your guy might wake up tomorrow | 也许你的客户明早一觉醒来 |
[12:45] | and decide that he doesn’t wanna do this, | 就反悔不想谈了 |
[12:47] | which is why I’m not showing you | 所以在没有签好协议前 |
[12:48] | our private books without a signed deal. | 我不会给你看我们的内部账簿 |
[12:50] | – Is that a joke? – Am I laughing? | -是开玩笑吗 -我在笑吗 |
[12:52] | Look, I may not have been awake during our M&A clinic– | 虽然在并购培训班 我总是打瞌睡… |
[12:55] | Except for when you were copying my notes. | 除了你抄我笔记的时候 |
[12:57] | Which was no walk in the park. You wrote like a monkey. | 没那么简单 你写字速度像超人 |
[12:59] | But in any case, due diligence is a requirement. | 不管怎样 尽职审查是必须的 |
[13:06] | I have an obligation to my client. | 我对我的委托人有义务 |
[13:10] | Then we don’t have a deal. | 那我们没法达成协议了 |
[13:12] | And everyone’s gonna know it’s because you killed it. | 大家都会知道是你否了这个协议 |
[13:15] | You know… | 知道吗… |
[13:17] | I don’t see you rushing to show us your private books. | 看来你并不急着把你们的内部账簿给我们看 |
[13:19] | I have nothing to hide. | 我没什么好隐瞒的 |
[13:21] | You can have full access to our books right now. | 你现在完全可以看我们的账簿 |
[13:23] | Great. You show me yours, and I’ll show you mine. | 很好 你给我看你们的 我给你看我们的 |
[13:26] | Don’t say it, Harvey. | 别说出来 哈维 |
[13:30] | Mike. | 迈克 |
[13:32] | – Hey, are you okay? – Now you care? | -你没事吧 -现在你关心我了 |
[13:35] | Mr. Ross, I’m gonna have to ask you | 罗斯先生 我要警告你 |
[13:36] | not to speak to my client. | 不能和我的委托人说话 |
[13:37] | She’s not your client. | 她不是你的委托人 |
[13:38] | She is Rachel the paralegal. | 她是律师助理瑞秋 |
[13:40] | And I only have five minutes, so you should really get out of my face. | 我只有五分钟准备 你最好赶紧从我面前消失 |
[13:42] | – What’s your problem, Mike? – My problem is that | -你有什么问题吗 迈克 -我的问题是 |
[13:44] | you don’t have the balls to make this a fair fight, Kyle. | 你没胆量来一场公平的较量 凯尔 |
[13:46] | Lawyering isn’t about fighting fair, | 律师这行就没有公平竞争之说 |
[13:48] | and you’d better watch your false accusations, | 你最好不要诬告陷害 |
[13:50] | or I might just sue you for defamation. | 否则我要告你诽谤 |
[13:53] | Come on. | 跟我来 |
[13:58] | The defendant wishes to countersue. | 被告方想要反诉 |
[14:00] | On what grounds? | 理由呢 |
[14:00] | I believe that’s my line, counselor. | 我觉得那是我该说的话 律师 |
[14:03] | Defamation of character. | 毁损名誉 |
[14:05] | The plaintiff’s video negatively impacted | 原告的录像给莉娜·兰德斯 |
[14:07] | the perception of Lena Lunders | 带来了极其负面的影响 |
[14:09] | and impaired her financial well-being. | 也严重减损了其财政收入 |
[14:10] | That’s ridiculous, your honor. | 那太荒唐了 法官大人 |
[14:11] | In order for there to be defamation, | 为了诽谤中伤我的委托人 |
[14:13] | the statements made would’ve been false. | 证据录像可能是伪造出来的 |
[14:14] | That’s not the case here. | 这和本案无关 |
[14:15] | Then you should have no problem proving that in court. | 那么你应该可以在法庭上给出相应的证明 |
[14:20] | The countersuit is allowed. | 反诉成立 |
[14:22] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[14:23] | Would you like to approach the bench | 你是不是想要到法官席前 |
[14:24] | and find out how serious I am? | 看看我到底有多认真 |
[14:29] | Your honor, the defense should’ve filed counterclaims | 法官大人 被告方应该在开庭前 |
[14:31] | before the trial began. | 上交反诉材料 |
[14:32] | Yes, he should have. | 是的 应该是这样 |
[14:34] | But no one in this crop of associates had the foresight to do so. | 但这么多助理中 没人有这种远见 |
[14:38] | And we drafted a whole addendum | 我们起草了完整的案情附录 |
[14:40] | just because we assumed one of you would. | 以免你们有人提出反诉 |
[14:44] | So I’m going to allow it. | 所以我批准该请求 |
[14:46] | Do you have a problem with that? | 你对此有意见吗 |
[14:48] | No, your honor. | 没有 法官大人 |
[14:49] | This is now a defamation trial. | 现在改为诽谤案审理 |
[14:51] | You have until Friday to prepare. | 准备时间到周五 |
[14:57] | Nice recovery. Thinking on your feet. | 漂亮的反击 反应很敏捷 |
[15:00] | But you wouldn’t have had to if you hadn’t been so naive. | 要不是你太天真 也不用如此了 |
[15:04] | Thank you, your honor. | 谢谢 法官大人 |
[15:10] | How’d the negotiation go? | 谈判怎么样 |
[15:13] | You come out on top? | 你占上风了吗 |
[15:14] | Why didn’t you tell me Scottie was opposing counsel? | 为什么你没告诉我斯科特是对方律师 |
[15:17] | Because I didn’t want you to have performance anxiety. | 因为我不希望你怯场 |
[15:19] | About the case. She’s tough. | 作为律师 她很强势 |
[15:21] | – You’re obvious. – And your fly’s unzipped. | -你太无聊了 -你大门没关 |
[15:23] | – No, it isn’t. – But it was earlier today. | -骗人 -之前是的 |
[15:25] | You can do better. | 你可以做得更好的 |
[15:26] | Ooh, is that what Scottie said? | 斯科特在床上这么说的吗 |
[15:28] | Type up the deal points. | 把合同要点打出来 |
[15:29] | I got her to cave. Debeque’s gonna run the show. | 她让步了 迪贝克会主导大局 |
[15:32] | All I had to do was show her our books. | 我不过是给她看了我们的账簿 |
[15:37] | I can’t believe it. | 我真服了 |
[15:38] | You gave me, like, the worst advice anyone’s ever given another person. | 你教我的那招把我害惨了 |
[15:41] | Take the drama down a notch, Juliet. | 戏就演到这儿吧 朱丽叶 |
[15:44] | I tried to settle, and I got completely blindsided. | 我想要和解 但却彻底被暗算了 |
[15:46] | I told you to settle. I didn’t tell you to be stupid. | 我让你和解 没让你扮傻 |
[15:50] | What do you think’s gonna happen in the real world? | 现实中的庭审可没这么简单 |
[15:51] | You have to be prepared for anything. | 你要未雨绸缪 |
[15:53] | Well, in the real world, | 但在现实中 |
[15:54] | I won’t have to be looking for someone to play | 我起码不用找人假扮证人 |
[15:55] | my fake witness in my fake trial. | 来参加我的假冒审判 |
[15:58] | Wait, wait, wait. What do you think? | 等下 你想什么呢 |
[15:59] | Do you think witnesses are just gonna jump up and present themselves? | 你以为证人会自己跳出来作证吗 |
[16:02] | ‘Cause they’re not. | 不会 |
[16:03] | And sometimes when you have one, | 有时 即使你有证人 |
[16:05] | they disappear or recant. | 他们也可能会消失或放弃 |
[16:07] | And you know what you do? You deal with it. | 这些情况你都要学会处理 |
[16:08] | Mock trial is about figuring out what type of lawyer you wanna be, | 模拟庭审旨在明确你想要成为哪类律师 |
[16:11] | and there’s only two types– winners and losers. | 而律师只有两类 胜者和败者 |
[16:14] | That sounds great, Harvey, but I haven’t prepared. | 听起来不错 哈维 但是我没做好准备 |
[16:17] | I don’t have anyone to play my client or my witness, | 我找不到人扮演我的委托人或证人 |
[16:20] | and apparently I’m going up against someone that I can’t trust. | 而对方律师又是我不信任的人 |
[16:23] | Figure out a way to beat him anyway. | 不管怎样 想办法打败他 |
[16:24] | Winners don’t make excuses when the other side plays the game. | 对方遵守了规则时 胜者不会去找借口 |
[16:48] | Quick question — has Harvey ever heard of spell-check? | 问个问题 哈维会不会用拼写检查啊 |
[16:53] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[16:54] | – Sorry. – Are you– | -对不起 -你… |
[16:55] | No, no, no. It’s okay. Here. | 没事 没事 不要紧的 给你 |
[16:57] | No, no, no. You don’t have to talk. | 没事 没事 你不用说话 |
[16:58] | Shh, shh, shh. It’s okay. | 嘘嘘 没事了 |
[17:01] | It’s okay. He says things sometimes, | 没事的 他有时说的话 |
[17:02] | and they–and they cut to the bone. | 确实…确实很伤人 |
[17:04] | He does it to me too. I know, so… | 他对我也那样 我懂的 你就… |
[17:07] | It’s not bad, right? | 不赖吧 |
[17:09] | I can also do the Demi Moore single tear– | 我还能像黛咪·摩尔那样单眼流泪 |
[17:11] | left eye or right eye– if that’s better for the character. | 凡是为了剧情需要 左右眼都可以 |
[17:13] | Okay, I’m scared. What’s going on? | 好吧 你吓到我了 怎么回事啊 |
[17:15] | If I’m gonna play Lena Lunders for you, | 要为你扮演莉娜·兰德斯 |
[17:17] | I need to be able to use my full range of emotions. | 我得能调动我的全部感情啊 |
[17:20] | Oh, my god. I love you. | 我的天 爱死你了 |
[17:23] | Yeah, I know. | 是啊 我知道 |
[17:25] | Focus. | 精神集中 |
[17:27] | You need another witness, and at this point, | 你还需要一个证人 到了这时候 |
[17:28] | everybody else in the firm is booked up. | 公司里其他的人都被预定了 |
[17:30] | Aw! Is mommy helping you clean up your mess, Ross? | 来找妈妈给你擦屁股了 罗斯 |
[17:35] | Am I mommy in this scenario? | 你说谁是妈呢 |
[17:37] | What? Uh… | 什么 |
[17:39] | Ross is just… a baby. | 我是说 罗斯是个…小屁孩 |
[17:45] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[17:46] | – I cannot believe I’m gonna lose to that tool. – Okay, come on. | -真不敢相信我要输给那个二货 -得了 |
[17:50] | No pity parties. Go to an outside source for the other witness. | 少卖可怜了 去外面再找个证人来 |
[17:54] | For the best friend you need somebody pretty, | 被告的朋友 你得找个漂亮的 |
[17:56] | sympathetic, and most importantly, | 有同情心的 最重要的是 |
[18:00] | willing to go above and beyond for you. | 愿意为你两肋插刀 |
[18:06] | What are you doing here? | 你来干嘛 |
[18:08] | Jenny, come on, I need your help. | 珍妮 别这样 我需要你的帮助 |
[18:09] | Got nowhere else to go. | 我没别处可去了 |
[18:19] | You yelled at me. Kissed me. Pushed me away. Disappeared. | 你吼我 吻我 推开我 然后消失 |
[18:24] | I haven’t talked to you in forever. | 我们很久没说话了 |
[18:26] | I don’t even know what’s going on in your life. | 我都不知道你最近在干嘛 |
[18:28] | Well, if you let me in, I’ll explain, | 你要是放我进去 我就说给你听 |
[18:30] | and I promise it’s a really good story. | 我保证这故事很精彩 |
[18:35] | So you’ve been living a lie this whole time. | 就是说你一直生活在谎言当中 |
[18:42] | Yeah. | 对 |
[18:45] | That’s awesome. | 太帅了 |
[18:48] | – Really? – Yeah! | -真的吗 -对啊 |
[18:50] | I mean, as far as double lives go, | 我是说 就双重生活而言 |
[18:52] | you’re maybe not as cool as Clark Kent, but still. | 你大概比不过克拉克·肯特 但也不错了 |
[18:55] | Clark Kent? | 克拉克·肯特 |
[18:56] | Okay, you’re cut off. | 行了 你不能再吃了 |
[19:02] | – What? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没事 |
[19:04] | It just feels really good to tell you. | 能告诉你 感觉真好 |
[19:08] | I don’t really have anybody I can talk to about it. | 我都找不到倾诉对象 |
[19:12] | You trust me. | 你信任我嘛 |
[19:15] | Yeah. I guess I do. | 是啊 我想是吧 |
[19:22] | I like that. | 那样真好 |
[19:25] | Ooh, but I really like this. | 不过这个更好 |
[19:42] | Gotta hand it to you, Harvey. | 不得不说 哈维 |
[19:43] | You may not be able to commit to a woman, | 你虽然不能跟一个女人长相厮守 |
[19:45] | but you have been in this place a very long time. | 却在这房子里住了很久 |
[19:49] | – She gets me. – And has no needs. | -它懂我 -又没什么需求 |
[19:53] | I don’t think you understand how high maintenance this place is. | 我想你不知道这里的维护费多高吧 |
[19:56] | He agreed to all your terms… | 他同意了你的全部条件 |
[20:00] | despite my protest that he could do better. | 虽然我抗议说 他本可拿到更多 |
[20:03] | – So we’re done. – Minus a few signatures. | -那我们完成任务了 -就差几个签名了 |
[20:06] | – That’s not done. – Want me to leave? | -那就是没完成 -要我走吗 |
[20:18] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, please note– | 陪审团各位成员 请注意… |
[20:20] | Can I ask a question? | 能问个问题吗 |
[20:21] | No, you can’t ask questions as a witness. | 不 作为证人 你不能提问 |
[20:24] | Don’t ask questions. | 不要提问 |
[20:25] | – Ladies and gentlemen, please– – Yeah, okay, I know that. | -陪审团各位成员… -好吧 我懂了 |
[20:27] | But, um, what are you doing? | 可你在干嘛啊 |
[20:30] | – What do you mean? – You’re walking around | -什么意思 -你走来走去 |
[20:32] | like you have a giant stick up your ass. | 一副不可一世的样子 |
[20:34] | It’s a trial, Jenny. | 珍妮 这是庭审 |
[20:35] | I have to be powerful. | 我得表现得强势一点 |
[20:37] | – But that’s not you. – Thanks. | -可那不是你的本性 -多谢夸奖 |
[20:39] | No, you are charming, and funny, | 我是说 你很有魅力 又幽默 |
[20:43] | and trustworthy. That’s your power. | 值得信任 那才是你的强项 |
[20:46] | And that’s great when I’m trying to con my way into the LSATs, | 我想混进法学院入学考试时 那是优点 |
[20:50] | but this is a courtroom. | 但这是法庭啊 |
[20:51] | – It’s useless there. – But it’s still you. | -在这儿不顶用的 -可你的本性没变 |
[20:56] | So? | 那要怎样 |
[20:59] | Take a deep breath. | 深吸一口气 |
[21:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:07] | Just talk to me. | 跟我聊聊 |
[21:09] | Ask me where do I work. | 问我在哪上班 |
[21:17] | – Where do you work? – Lunders Global Initiative. | -你在哪上班 -兰德斯全球联盟 |
[21:21] | Ask me how I know Sydney. | 问我怎么认识西德尼的 |
[21:25] | How do you know Sydney? | 你怎么认识西德尼的 |
[21:27] | She was my friend. | 她曾是我的朋友 |
[21:30] | And I’ve missed her every day that she’s been gone. | 自从她走之后 我一直很想她 |
[21:34] | And why aren’t you friends anymore? | 你们为什么断交了 |
[21:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:43] | If you do it like that… | 如果你庭审这样表现 |
[21:46] | they’ll fall in love with you. | 他们会爱上你的 |
[22:13] | Would you take this off? Take it off. | 你能把这件脱下来吗 脱掉 |
[22:16] | Take it… | 脱啊 |
[22:25] | Scottie, that was amazing. | 斯科特 你太棒了 |
[22:33] | Careful, Harvey. | 注意啦 哈维 |
[22:35] | You need to hydrate. | 你得补水 |
[22:38] | You just ran a marathon. | 你刚跑了个马拉松 |
[22:56] | And I think you just beat me. | 我觉得你刚刚击败我了 |
[23:01] | That’s a lawyer look. | 你怎么一脸律师的神情 |
[23:05] | Law school. | 上法学院时 |
[23:07] | Post-mock trial in the library. | 模拟审判结束后 在图书馆里 |
[23:11] | 2nd circuit court of appeals. | 在第二联邦上诉法院 |
[23:13] | Class action on the prep room table. | 集体诉讼案期间 在准备室的桌子上 |
[23:16] | Dempsey settlement, in my office, | 邓普斯和解案 在我办公室里 |
[23:18] | On the desk and under. | 在桌上桌下都做过 |
[23:20] | So what are we doing? Um, a highlight reel? | 干嘛呢 亮点总结啊 |
[23:22] | As a matter of fact, we are. Those were top moments, right? | 没错啊 那些都是最具亮点时刻 对不 |
[23:24] | – They weren’t bad. – No, they were great. | -确实不赖 -不止是不赖 是棒极了 |
[23:27] | And I just realized this was better. | 而我刚刚意识到这次要比那几次还亮 |
[23:30] | You were the best you’ve ever been, | 你刚才是达到了最高境界 |
[23:32] | – and I know why. – Why? | -而我也知道为什么 -为什么 |
[23:34] | You hid something from me in the negotiation, | 谈判时你对我有所隐瞒 |
[23:37] | and I wanna know what. | 我要知道你瞒了什么 |
[23:41] | You know what? You are ridiculous. | 你知道吗 你的猜测太荒唐了 |
[23:44] | Oh, you know what? Don’t do that, okay? | 别假装你什么都不知道 好吗 |
[23:46] | – Do what? – You think I don’t know | -知道什么 -你以为我不知道 |
[23:48] | – victory sex when I see it, huh? – See it? | -这是一场胜利的欢爱吗 -什么 |
[23:50] | What is it? | 到底是怎么回事 |
[23:51] | Was it one of Vega’s properties is bankrupt? | 是不是维加哪里的产业要垮了 |
[23:53] | The Buenos Aires one? | 是布宜诺斯艾利斯那边吗 |
[23:55] | Wh-wh-what do you want me to say, Harvey? | 你还指望我说什么呢 哈维 |
[23:59] | Yes, you got me! I screwed you. | 没错 你猜对了 你上了我的套 |
[24:01] | -How? – Oh, my God. | -怎么回事 -天哪 |
[24:03] | You want an anatomy lesson now? | 你想现在听我解析吗 |
[24:04] | That’s my shirt. | 那是我的衬衫 |
[24:06] | Consider it a winner’s reward. | 把它看作我打败你的奖赏吧 |
[24:12] | Hey, Harvey. | 哈维 |
[24:13] | You were right. | 你想得没错 |
[24:15] | There’s been a steady stream of stock buying | 在过去二十四小时里 |
[24:17] | by Vega’s company in the last 24 hours. | 维加的公司一直在收购我们的股票 |
[24:19] | It’s a hostile takeover. | 这是敌意收购 |
[24:21] | Yeah, but why are they disguising it as a merger? | 没错 但他们为什么要打合并的幌子呢 |
[24:24] | They wanted access to our private books. | 他们想拿到我们的内部账簿 |
[24:26] | – She tricked me. – What? | -她耍了我一把 -什么 |
[24:28] | She pretended she didn’t wanna hand over their books | 她假装不愿意交出他们的账簿 |
[24:31] | so I wouldn’t notice when she asked for ours. | 这样她要我们的账簿时 我就不会留意 |
[24:33] | It’s a classic maneuver. | 这是个老套的伎俩了 |
[24:34] | – She made me think it was my idea. – How do you know that? | -她让我以为这是我的主意 -你怎么知道的 |
[24:36] | ‘Cause I taught her how to do it. | 因为这招是我教她的 |
[24:39] | So now they see how strong Debeque’s company is, | 现在他们知道迪贝克的公司实力有多强 |
[24:41] | and they wanna buy it. | 所以想要收购 |
[24:42] | And they’ll be running it by the time Scottie’s back in London. | 而且他们会在斯科特回伦敦之前就开始运营 |
[24:44] | Wow. I leave you alone for two days… | 哇 我才离开你两天 就出了篓子 |
[24:47] | Yeah, this is my mistake. | 对 这次是我的错 |
[24:50] | This is Halley’s comet. | 这就像哈雷彗星一样罕见 |
[24:51] | Take a good look, ’cause it won’t happen again. | 仔细看吧 因为不会再有下次了 |
[24:54] | So what are you gonna do? | 那你打算怎么办 |
[24:56] | I wanna know which of Debeque’s hotels are the most valuable | 我想知道迪贝克最值钱的酒店有哪些 |
[24:58] | and how fast we can get them on the market. | 还有我们最快要多久才能让它们上市 |
[25:01] | Wait, you want Debeque to sell his best hotels? | 等等 你想让迪贝克卖掉他最好的酒店吗 |
[25:04] | It’s called the crown jewel defense. | 这叫做弃车保帅 |
[25:06] | We unload the highest grossing assets, | 我们放弃最值钱的资产 |
[25:08] | and we make ourselves look undesirable. | 这会让别人对他的公司失去兴趣 |
[25:10] | Debeque’ll never agree to that. | 迪贝克绝对不会同意的 |
[25:11] | Trust me. Debeque has enough passion for his company | 相信我 迪贝克对他的公司倾注了巨大的心血 |
[25:14] | that he’ll be willing to chop off an arm to save the body. | 为了保全大局 他不会计较这点得失 |
[25:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:30] | You know you had that memorized the first time you read it, right? | 你过目不忘 是吧 |
[25:32] | Yeah, but I didn’t finish reading it | 是啊 但我还没过目完呢 |
[25:34] | because a certain witness chose to be distracting. | 因为有个证人在我眼前晃来晃去 |
[25:37] | That must’ve been rough for you. | 那还真是难为你了 |
[25:40] | Yeah, you have no idea. | 是啊 很纠结 |
[25:42] | Where can I get some water? | 哪儿有水 |
[25:44] | I need to make sure my voice holds up. | 我怕等会儿嗓子会哑 |
[25:45] | Right there. | 就在那边 |
[25:51] | I’ll make you a deal. | 我们来订个协议 |
[25:52] | The winner gets the girl. | 赢了的可以得到那个妞 |
[25:54] | You know, I’m never gonna make another deal with you again. | 我可不想再跟你订什么协议了 |
[25:58] | – No? – Why not? | -是吗 为什么 |
[26:00] | – Aren’t you late for… – Oh, I am. | -你是不是要迟到了 -没错 |
[26:04] | They remind me of a younger, less attractive you and me. | 他们让我想起了少不更事的你和我 |
[26:08] | Please don’t say things like that. | 拜托别说这种话 |
[26:10] | And I know that you rigged the lottery | 我知道你在操纵赌局 |
[26:11] | so that Mike would get Kyle. | 好让迈克遭受凯尔的蹂躏 |
[26:13] | Please. Rigged, expedited, they’re all just words. | 操纵也好 推动也好 只是说法不同 |
[26:15] | Besides, don’t you wanna see what your boy is made of? | 况且 你不想看你的小朋友如何表现吗 |
[26:18] | You talking bet? | 你是想让我也下注吗 |
[26:21] | – Yeah. – Usual amount. | -没错 -赌金跟以前一样 |
[26:23] | I believe we have a wager. | 那就这么定了 |
[26:25] | Well, you know what? Some of us shower before we go to work. | 你知道吗 有些人洗过澡才会来上班 |
[26:29] | – Mr. Specter– – You know what? Save it. | -斯佩克特先生 -省省吧 |
[26:31] | Right. | 好吧 |
[26:35] | How you feeling? | 你感觉如何 |
[26:36] | -Good. – Good? | -很好 -很好 |
[26:38] | – Yeah. – Good. | -没错 -那就好 |
[26:40] | Is it inappropriate to take a xanax | 上庭作证之前吃安定 |
[26:41] | if you’re a witness in a trial? | 是不是不太好呢 |
[26:44] | I’ve seen clients do much worse. | 我见过有些委托人做得更过分 |
[26:47] | Actually, I’m not a client. | 其实 我不是委托人 |
[26:49] | I’m a witness in a friend’s mock trial. | 我是来为我朋友的模拟庭审做证人的 |
[26:52] | One thing– if you get into trouble, | 记住一点 如果进展不顺利 |
[26:54] | don’t play the case. Play the man. | 就不要再针对案情 要针对人 |
[26:57] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[26:58] | Good lawyers worry about facts. | 好律师会去研究事实 |
[27:00] | Great lawyers worry about their opponents. | 而伟大的律师则研究对手 |
[27:03] | Kyle is cocky and devious. | 凯尔骄傲自大 手段奸猾 |
[27:06] | Figure out a way to use that against him. | 想办法利用这点打败他 |
[27:09] | Okay. Anything else? | 明白 还有吗 |
[27:12] | Kick his ass. | 狠狠地教训他一顿 |
[27:13] | – Who’s your friend? – Oh, uh, Mike Ross. | -你的朋友是谁 -迈克·罗斯 |
[27:17] | Do you know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[27:19] | Uh, yeah. Uh, it’s a big firm, | 算是吧 虽然公司很大 |
[27:21] | but I know who he is. | 但我知道他是谁 |
[27:22] | Yeah. | 是吧 |
[27:25] | God, I don’t know why I’m so nervous. | 天啊 我不知道我怎么这么紧张 |
[27:28] | I just know this is a big deal to him, | 我知道这对他很重要 |
[27:30] | and I don’t wanna let him down. | 我不想让他失望 |
[27:36] | Sydney Thompson was at a party and made a joke. | 西德尼·汤普森在一个聚会上开了个玩笑 |
[27:38] | It wasn’t meant to be mean or to be taken as fact, | 她并无恶意 也没想到会被信以为真 |
[27:42] | and it most certainly was never meant to be public. | 更不希望将其公开 |
[27:45] | The defense will show– | 辩方将会证明… |
[27:47] | That Sydney Thompson chose to publicly | 西德尼·汤普森明知自己的行为 |
[27:49] | defame her boss with an impression | 会损害莉娜·兰德斯的名誉 |
[27:51] | that she knew would be damaging, | 及其公司的利益 |
[27:52] | both to Lena Lunders’ reputation and her company. | 却依然公开诽谤了她的老板 |
[27:56] | I call Lena Lunders to the stand. | 我方传唤莉娜·兰德斯出庭作证 |
[28:06] | Uh…do you need a minute? | 呃 你要休息一下吗 |
[28:09] | No. | 不 |
[28:13] | I can continue. Thank you. | 我可以继续 谢谢关心 |
[28:17] | Please. | 请开始吧 |
[28:20] | I’m a self-made woman. | 我是个自食其力的女人 |
[28:23] | I created the Global Initiative | 我一手建立起全球联盟 |
[28:25] | to target problems in third-world countries. | 专门解决第三世界国家的问题 |
[28:28] | I take my work very seriously, | 我很看重自己的事业 |
[28:31] | and if a joke can be made of that, | 如果有人拿这个开玩笑 |
[28:34] | fine. | 请便 |
[28:37] | But as a woman in power, | 但是作为一个身居高位的女人 |
[28:39] | people look at your success and label you. | 人们只看到你的成功的一面 |
[28:43] | They don’t know the complexity it takes | 他们不知道一个女人 |
[28:45] | for a woman to succeed in this business. | 要在这一行取得成功有多艰难 |
[28:47] | And when someone undermines that, | 如果有人贬低你辛苦取得的成就 |
[28:50] | well… | 那… |
[28:53] | we have to fight for ourselves… | 我们就不得不为自己抗辩了 |
[28:56] | Don’t we, your honor? | 不是吗 法官大人 |
[29:00] | Objection. | 反对 |
[29:01] | So it’s hard to be a woman in business? | 你是在阐述做职场女性很艰难吗 |
[29:04] | That has nothing to do with the facts of this case. | 这和本案的事实毫无关系 |
[29:07] | Well, we can only understand the damage | 要想了解你的委托人给兰德斯小姐 |
[29:08] | your client has done by fully understanding the care | 造成了多大损失 我们必须充分理解 |
[29:10] | with which Miss Lunders has built her reputation. | 她是如何苦心树立起威信的 |
[29:16] | Um, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[29:18] | Can you ask me the question one more time? | 你能再问一遍吗 |
[29:23] | Take a deep breath. | 深呼吸 |
[29:26] | It’s just you and me. | 这只是你我之间的对话 |
[29:28] | We’re just gonna have a conversation about your job, okay? | 谈谈你的工作 好吗 |
[29:32] | Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[29:33] | How do you know the defendant Sydney Thompson? | 你是如何认识被告西德尼·汤普森的 |
[29:35] | We were coworkers. We started at the same level, | 我们是同事 入司时级别相同 |
[29:38] | and then I was promoted to be her immediate superior. | 后来我被提升为她的直属上司 |
[29:41] | And do you know about the video in question? | 你了解视频一事吗 |
[29:43] | Yes. I was at the party that night. | 是的 我参加了那晚的聚会 |
[29:45] | And what were you celebrating that night? | 你们那晚是在庆祝什么 |
[29:47] | My promotion. | 庆祝我升职一事 |
[29:48] | Same night. That’s interesting. | 同一个晚上 有意思 |
[29:52] | Miss Ginnesse. | 金妮斯小姐 |
[29:53] | What did you think of the impersonation? | 你对模仿一事怎么看 |
[29:56] | It was too far. It was mean. | 既过分又刻薄 |
[29:59] | So why do you think Miss Thompson did it? | 那你认为汤普森小姐为何会那么做 |
[30:01] | Miss Lunders promoted me. | 兰德斯提拔了我 |
[30:03] | Sydney hated it. | 西德尼很不爽 |
[30:05] | And that’s why she made the video. | 所以她拍了那个视频 |
[30:08] | Well, thank you, Miss Ginnesse. | 谢谢 金妮斯小姐 |
[30:09] | Nothing further, your honor. | 讯问完毕 法官大人 |
[30:13] | Did Sydney ever tell you | 西德尼有没有告诉你 |
[30:15] | that she hated your promotion? | 她对你的提拔很不满 |
[30:17] | – Not exactly. – Yes or no, please. | -不完全是这样 -请回答有还是没有 |
[30:19] | – No. – Well, then how do you know | -没有 -那你怎么知道 |
[30:21] | that she hated your promotion? | 她对你的升职不满 |
[30:24] | I could just tell. | 我能看出来 |
[30:26] | Can you tell what I’m thinking right now? | 你能看出我现在在想什么吗 |
[30:28] | That you’re wishing I would agree with everything you say? | 希望我对你所说的每一句话都毫无异议吗 |
[30:30] | No. I was thinking that if you could actually read my mind, | 不对 我在想 如果你能读出我的想法 |
[30:33] | I wouldn’t bother asking you the questions. | 我就不用费事问你这些问题了 |
[30:34] | But you can’t read my mind, can you? | 但你读不出我的想法 对吗 |
[30:36] | No, I’m–I’m managing director– | 不能 我…我是经理… |
[30:38] | No. And I’m pretty sure you can’t read Sydney’s either. | 不 我敢肯定你也读不出西德尼的想法 |
[30:40] | And you actually have no idea why she made that video. | 所以你其实不知道她为何拍了那段视频 |
[30:44] | Correct? | 对吗 |
[30:47] | I guess I don’t. No. | 是的 我不知道 |
[30:53] | Good afternoon, Miss Scott. | 下午好 斯科特小姐 |
[30:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:01] | Are you here to give me a proper send-off? | 你是想给我个体面的告别吗 |
[31:03] | I don’t think we can do that out here on the street. | 在大街上不能干那种事儿吧 |
[31:05] | – You sure? – You tricked me. | -你确定吗 -你骗过了我 |
[31:08] | I’m impressed. | 我很佩服 |
[31:10] | To be fair, Vega did want a merger. | 公平地说 维加确实想进行合并 |
[31:13] | I just convinced him that, | 我刚说服他 |
[31:14] | given your client’s propensity for rash purchases, | 鉴于你客户鲁莽收购的一贯做法 |
[31:16] | that allowing him to stay in charge was a bad idea. | 让他继续掌权不是个好主意 |
[31:18] | Vega needed Debeque’s hotels minus Debeque, | 维加想要迪贝克的酒店 而不希望他来管理 |
[31:21] | and I found a way. | 我想出了一个办法 |
[31:23] | One that he never asked for or wanted, | 你的办法不会让他满意的 |
[31:24] | and one that he’s never gonna get. | 而且他也不需要你的建议了 |
[31:30] | Was–is this for real? | 这…这是真的吗 |
[31:32] | Three of Debeque’s properties. | 迪贝克的三处房产 |
[31:33] | It’ll be on the market by the end of the day. | 将于今晚上市 |
[31:34] | He’s never gonna let you sell off his crown jewels. | 他绝不会让你卖掉他的王牌产业的 |
[31:37] | See, that’s the thing about passionate clients. | 强硬的客户有一点好处 |
[31:39] | When they’re crossed, they get angry, | 一经背叛 他们会恼羞成怒 |
[31:40] | and they’ll do anything to get back. | 不惜一切代价进行反击 |
[31:45] | Don’t do this, Harvey. | 别这样 哈维 |
[31:46] | Look, there’s another way we can do this. | 还有一个办法 |
[31:49] | We can get our clients into a room together. | 我们把客户都约到一起 |
[31:51] | You can tell them you were wrong, | 你向他们认个错 |
[31:53] | and we can convince them back into a merger. | 然后说服他们继续商讨合并事宜 |
[31:57] | Miss Thompson, what was the intent behind your impersonation? | 汤普森小姐 你拍模仿视频的目的是什么 |
[32:02] | I was just trying to be funny. | 我只是想搞搞笑 |
[32:03] | Everyone in our office makes jokes, | 办公室里人人都讲笑话 |
[32:05] | And as a matter of fact, | 而事实上 |
[32:07] | Ms. Lunders encourages us to be informal. | 兰德斯女士鼓励我们不拘礼节 |
[32:09] | I can’t win this just on facts. | 仅凭事实 我赢不了这个案子 |
[32:11] | But I expected it. | 但我预料到了 |
[32:13] | I think everyone has the impulse to move up, | 我想每个人都渴望升职 |
[32:16] | but at a certain point, you just have to let it go. | 但某些时候 你不得不学会释然 |
[32:18] | So that’s what I did. | 我就是这么做的 |
[32:20] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么做 |
[32:21] | I’ve never held ill will for my boss. | 我从未对老板心怀恶意 |
[32:23] | I’m gonna play the woman, not the case. | 我得在这个女人身上做文章 而不是案子本身 |
[32:27] | You say you expected to be passed over for a promotion, correct? | 你说你预料到自己不会被提拔 对吗 |
[32:30] | – Yes. – And yet you applied three times? | -是的 -而且你已经申请过三次了 |
[32:32] | – Yes. – And you were never promoted? | -是的 -而你却从未被提拔 |
[32:35] | As I said, yes. | 如我所说 是的 |
[32:36] | And when Nora Ginnesse was promoted, | 而当娜拉·金妮斯升职时 |
[32:38] | you wrote scathing emails to the rest | 你给其他同事写了措辞刻薄的电子邮件 |
[32:40] | – of your coworkers in response. – No, not scathing. | -作为回应 -不 并非刻薄 |
[32:42] | The intent was to be funny. | 我的初衷只是搞笑 |
[32:44] | Oh, right, you like to be funny. | 对了 你喜欢搞笑 |
[32:46] | Who doesn’t like to laugh? | 谁不喜欢笑口常开呢 |
[32:47] | Someone whose reputation has been ruined. | 因此而名誉扫地的人不会喜欢的 |
[32:49] | – Objection. – Just a thought. | -反对 -个人想法而已 |
[32:50] | – It’s testifying. – Sustained. | -这是在自证 -反对有效 |
[32:52] | Mr. Ross, questions. | 罗斯先生 请提问 |
[32:53] | I’m sorry, your honor. | 对不起 法官大人 |
[32:54] | Forgive me. I was just trying to be funny. | 原谅我 我只是想搞笑 |
[32:56] | On your performance review, Lena Lunders wrote, | 在你的绩效评估报告上 莉娜·兰德斯写道 |
[32:59] | “Good work ethic. Lacks skills.” | “敬业精神可嘉 缺乏工作技巧” |
[33:03] | Do you think that’s a fair assessment? | 你觉得这样的评价公平吗 |
[33:04] | Fair? I–I don’t know. | 公平 我…我不知道 |
[33:07] | Well, your coworkers were promoted, | 你的同事们都升职了 |
[33:09] | and your boss was calling you mediocre. | 而你的老板却认为你只是个庸才 |
[33:12] | – Are you mediocre? – No. | -你是庸才吗 -不是 |
[33:15] | So why haven’t you been promoted? | 那为何你没被提拔 |
[33:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[33:18] | Do you think you deserve better? | 你觉得自己有资格得到更好的待遇吗 |
[33:20] | – Doesn’t everyone? – So why haven’t you tried? | -人人都有资格吧 – 那你为何没去尝试 |
[33:22] | – I have tried. – Why haven’t you improved? | -我试了 -那你为什么没有进步 |
[33:24] | I didn’t say I haven’t improved. | 我没说过我没进步 |
[33:25] | Well, your review did. | 你的考核报告上说了 |
[33:27] | Your five years without a promotion did. | 你五年以来都没升职 也证明了这点 |
[33:30] | Look, you were so angry that you weren’t moving forward | 你因为自己没被提拔而恼羞成怒 |
[33:32] | that you lashed out at your boss– | 将怨气发泄在你老板身上… |
[33:34] | – No. – Objection! Testifying! | -不 -反对 自证其罪 |
[33:36] | – Everyone was moving past you. – So what? | -别人都爬得比你高 -那又怎样 |
[33:37] | People making good on their– | 他们凭借能力实现了目标 |
[33:38] | Badgering, your honor. | 纠缠证人 法官大人 |
[33:40] | – Sustained. – People who could cut it. | -反对有效 -他们能够有所成就 |
[33:41] | I can cut it! | 我也能成功 |
[33:57] | Excuse me, your honor. | 对不起 法官大人 |
[34:00] | Settlement’s still on the table. | 和解协议仍然有效 |
[34:03] | – What? – Let’s settle. | -什么 -我们和解吧 |
[34:04] | Same deal. Win-win. | 同样的条件 双赢 |
[34:09] | – No, I’m good. – Excuse me? | -不 我不和解 -你说什么 |
[34:10] | I’ve seen the moony looks, Ross. | 我知道那表情是什么意思 罗斯 |
[34:12] | You like her, | 你喜欢她 |
[34:13] | so you’re offering me a settlement | 所以你给我提供了一个和解方案 |
[34:14] | because you don’t want to hurt her feelings. | 因为你不想伤害她 |
[34:17] | But I’d rather see if you’ll break her. | 但是我宁愿看到你伤害她 |
[34:20] | Giddy-up, cowboy. | 醒醒吧 兄弟 |
[34:22] | Counselor. | 律师 |
[34:25] | Would you like to proceed? | 还要继续问吗 |
[34:35] | No, your honor. | 我问完了 法官大人 |
[34:38] | – Are you sure? – Yes, your honor. | -你确定吗 -是的 法官大人 |
[34:41] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了 |
[34:48] | Well, normally we’d move on to closing statements, | 正常情况下我们要开始结案陈词了 |
[34:52] | but it’s been a long week, | 但这一周大家都很疲惫 |
[34:54] | and honestly, we all know where this is going. | 而且我们都知道结果是什么了 |
[34:57] | So court rules in favor of the defendant. | 所以法庭判决被告获胜 |
[35:01] | This court is adjourned. | 休庭 |
[35:08] | Mr. Ross. | 罗斯先生 |
[35:18] | Naive and soft. | 天真 心软 |
[35:22] | Not qualities we’re looking for at Pearson Hardman. | 不是皮尔逊·哈德曼律所提倡的品质 |
[35:51] | Gentlemen, I appreciate you leaving the swords at home. | 先生们 我很感激你们能心平气和坐下来谈谈 |
[35:54] | What started off as a true merger | 我们从一个纯粹的合并案开始 |
[35:56] | never needed to become anything different. | 并不希望搞出别的事情来 |
[35:58] | Daniel, I want you to listen to me. | 丹尼尔 我希望你听我说 |
[35:59] | I know Harvey, and he just wants to merge your businesses | 我了解哈维 他只想和你的公司合并 |
[36:02] | so he can double his billable hours. | 这样他的时薪就能加倍了 |
[36:03] | Quiet, Scott. | 行了 斯科特 |
[36:04] | I wanna hear what he has to say. | 我想听听他要说什么 |
[36:07] | I’m just here to get my client the deal that he wants, | 我过来是替我的客户达成他想要的交易 |
[36:10] | and what he wants is a merger, is that right, Jones? | 他要的就是合并 不是吗 琼斯 |
[36:12] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[36:13] | Daniel. Your law firm overreached in a situation | 丹尼尔 你的律所已经走到了 |
[36:18] | where it wasn’t necessary. | 进退两难的境地 |
[36:19] | It’s not entirely Scottie’s fault. | 并不完全是斯科特的错 |
[36:21] | We lawyers all have an instinct to win, | 好胜是律师的天性 |
[36:23] | but sometimes we may | 但是有时候我们可能 |
[36:24] | not fully understand what that means. | 不能完全理解这意味着什么 |
[36:26] | We understand what it means. | 我们知道这意味着什么 |
[36:27] | Well, maybe you do, and maybe you don’t. | 也许你知道 也许你不知道 |
[36:29] | For me, | 对我而言 |
[36:30] | it would be to see both men return to the initial deal | 这意味着两位男士谈回到最初的协议 |
[36:34] | so that you can grow both your businesses, | 使双方的生意达成共赢 |
[36:36] | instead of having one company with a hostile reputation | 而不是一个公司声誉扫地 |
[36:39] | and the other a shell of what it once was. | 而另一家像以前一样变成空壳 |
[36:42] | I mean, that doesn’t sound like a win to me. | 对我来说 那可算不上是胜利 |
[36:51] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:53] | Let’s just go back to the original deal. | 我们继续谈最初的那个协议吧 |
[37:00] | We can run it together. | 我们可以一起经营 |
[37:13] | You need anything? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[37:14] | ’cause otherwise I’m gonna head out. | 要是没有我就走了 |
[37:16] | Celebratory drinks with the associates? | 去和助理们喝庆功酒吗 |
[37:18] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[37:20] | And what exactly are you celebrating? | 你有什么可庆祝的 |
[37:23] | You know what? You can save the disappointment, Harvey. | 不用跟我说什么你很失望 哈维 |
[37:25] | – I know what I did. – Do you? | -我知道我做了什么 -是吗 |
[37:27] | Because what I saw is that you backed off | 我看到的是你退缩了 |
[37:29] | because you were worried about hurting your girlfriend’s feelings. | 因为你担心伤害你女朋友的感情 |
[37:31] | It was a fake trial. | 这只是一场模拟庭审 |
[37:33] | All right? I weighed the pros and the cons, | 对吧 我斟酌了利弊 |
[37:35] | and I decided it wasn’t worth hurting someone for the result. | 觉得为了结果而伤害别人不值得 |
[37:38] | The result is you just told every partner in this firm, | 结果就是你让公司里的每个合伙人 |
[37:41] | including myself, that you have a weak stomach, | 包括我 都知道你是个草包 |
[37:43] | that you don’t have what it takes. | 你没胆子 狠不下心 |
[37:51] | You know, you keep telling me that I have to decide | 你一直告诉我 我必须选择 |
[37:53] | what kind of lawyer I wanna be. | 要成为一个怎样的律师 |
[37:55] | And if I were smart, I’d probably be just like you, | 如果我够聪明 大概会成为你这样的律师 |
[37:58] | because everybody knows you’re the best. | 因为每个人都知道你是最棒的 |
[38:01] | But I’m also trying to decide what kind of person I wanna be. | 但我同样要决定我要成为一个怎样的人 |
[38:08] | And sometimes I like my kind of person | 有时候 相比较你那类人 |
[38:09] | a lot more than yours. | 我还是更喜欢我这样的 |
[38:12] | You wanna know what kind of person I am? | 你想知道我是个怎样的人吗 |
[38:15] | Tough but fair. | 心狠手辣但是讲究公平 |
[38:18] | I call it like I see it. | 我只说我所看到的 |
[38:20] | And what I see is a kid who asked for an opportunity | 我看到的是一个孩子渴求一个机会 |
[38:23] | who still hasn’t decided if he wants it or not. | 却还不确定 这是不是他想要的 |
[38:50] | Single malt, please. | 来一杯纯麦威士忌 |
[38:53] | Harvard Club? I thought you hate this place. | 怎么来哈佛俱乐部了 我以为你讨厌这地方 |
[38:57] | Vega kicked me out of his hotel, | 维加把我从他的酒店赶出来了 |
[38:59] | so, you know, beggars… | 你知道的 给人打工… |
[39:03] | Save the pout. | 别装委屈了 |
[39:04] | You were head of Law Review, | 你当过《法律评论》的头儿 |
[39:06] | you clerked for a Supreme Court judge, | 你是高法法官的书记员 |
[39:07] | and you almost beat me. | 而且几乎把我打败了 |
[39:09] | I think that deserves a drink. | 我觉得为这个得喝一杯 |
[39:10] | On you. | 你请客 |
[39:12] | I’d laugh, but I just got fired. | 我想高兴点儿 但是我刚被炒鱿鱼了 |
[39:17] | From the firm? | 被事务所解雇了吗 |
[39:18] | No. | 不是 |
[39:20] | But the firm’s not going to be happy, | 但事务所那边肯定不会满意 |
[39:22] | And that’s why I’m not already on a plane. | 所以我还不想回去 |
[39:25] | Hey, the Scottie I know is tougher than that. | 我认识的斯科特可要比这坚强得多 |
[39:29] | Is she? | 是吗 |
[39:35] | Well, you wanna go back to our alma mater | 你想重回母校 |
[39:38] | and see a lecture on why women are better at science? | 听一场为何女性在科学方面更出色的讲座吗 |
[39:42] | Might cheer you up. | 可能会让你振作起来 |
[39:44] | Maybe, but I’m not going with you. | 可能吧 但我不会和你一起去了 |
[39:47] | Come on, we’re still friends, aren’t we? | 别这样 我们还是朋友 不是吗 |
[39:51] | I’m getting married, Harvey. | 我要结婚了 哈维 |
[39:54] | His name is Steve, and, uh, | 未婚夫叫斯蒂夫 |
[39:57] | he asked me a month ago, and, um, | 一个月前他向我求了婚 |
[40:01] | when I get back to London I’m– | 等我回到伦敦 |
[40:04] | I’m going to say yes. | 我要答应他了 |
[40:10] | What would you like me to say? | 你想要我说什么 |
[40:17] | Nothing. | 什么也别说了 |
[40:26] | Come here. | 过来 |
[40:33] | I’m sorry I won. | 很抱歉我赢了 |
[40:37] | No, Harvey… | 不 哈维 |
[40:41] | I would hate it if you were sorry about that. | 我讨厌你为了这个说抱歉 |
[41:14] | You didn’t have to do that, you know. | 你没必要这么做 |
[41:16] | – I know. – I could’ve handled it. | -我知道 -我本可以承受的 |
[41:17] | – I know. – That was a thank-you, | -我知道 -你可能没听出来 |
[41:21] | If you couldn’t tell. | 我是在说谢谢 |
[41:24] | I could tell. | 我明白 |
[41:27] | So, um, Jenny was a great witness. | 珍妮是个不错的证人 |
[41:30] | Really likeable and pretty. | 既可爱又漂亮 |
[41:35] | Yeah. Yeah, she is. | 是的 是啊 |
[41:41] | I know I was hard on you this week. | 我知道这周我对你态度不好 |
[41:42] | – It’s okay– – No, it– | -没事 -不是 |
[41:44] | Did you ever take a minute to wonder | 你有没有想过 |
[41:46] | why I was so mad at you? | 我为什么这么生你的气 |
[41:50] | I just expect more from you than most people. | 我对你的期待比对大多数人都高 |
[41:54] | Why? | 为什么 |
[41:58] | You’re a smart guy. | 你是个聪明人 |
[42:01] | You can figure it out. | 你会想明白的 |