时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | We just went through a civil war, and the world knows it. | 公司刚经历一场内战 而大家都知道了 |
[00:03] | You’re using privileged information to target our clients. | 你利用保密信息挖我们的客户 |
[00:06] | Pearson Hardman is falling apart. | 皮尔逊·哈德曼现在四分五裂 |
[00:07] | I never thought you’d betray your own firm. | 我没想到你会背叛自己的公司 |
[00:09] | I did nothing wrong. | 我没做错什么 |
[00:12] | Jesus! | 天哪 |
[00:13] | You’re the guy that nobody wants | 没人想留你 |
[00:14] | but we can’t get rid of. | 但又赶不走 |
[00:15] | You order me to rescind an offer | 你跟我说 公司停招 |
[00:17] | due to a firm-wide hiring freeze. | 让我收回发出的聘书 |
[00:19] | Two minutes later, you hire a fifth-year. | 可一转眼 你就招了一个毕业五年的 |
[00:21] | Katrina Bennett. | 我叫卡特里娜·班尼特 |
[00:22] | I need you to waive my non-compete, | 我要你免除我的非竞争条款 |
[00:23] | so I can take a position at another firm. | 这样我就能另谋高就了 |
[00:26] | – You went to Louis? – He didn’t betray us, Harvey. | -你去找路易了 -他没有背叛我们 哈维 |
[00:28] | He found the problem. | 他发现的问题 |
[00:32] | You may have fended off this attack, | 你们也许成功抵挡了这次攻击 |
[00:33] | but we’re not the only ones circling. | 但我们不是唯一打你们主意的 |
[00:35] | We fended you off, we’ll fendff the rest. | 我们抵住了你 也能抵住别人 |
[00:38] | I want my name on the door. | 我的名字要挂在门口 |
[00:50] | Nice! | 赞 |
[01:00] | H-o-r-s. | 横 竖 横 竖 |
[01:01] | That means you get an “e”, you lose. | 把这个”正”字写满 你就输了 |
[01:03] | – Thank you. I can spell. – Too bad you can’t shoot. | -谢谢 我识字 -可惜不会投篮 |
[01:05] | Crumpled paper. | 这只是皱纸团 |
[01:06] | Winners don’t blame the ball or the rim | 赢家才不会怪球或者篮框 |
[01:08] | or the wind speed in a closed-off room. | 或者密闭房间里的风速 |
[01:10] | The fan was on. | 风扇开着呢 |
[01:11] | Excuses don’t win championships. | 借口不会帮你赢得冠军 |
[01:12] | Oh, yeah? Did Michael Jordan tell you that? | 是吗 迈克尔·乔丹跟你说的 |
[01:14] | No. I told him. | 不 是我跟他说的 |
[01:16] | – Come on. – All right. | -进去 -好吧 |
[01:19] | – That was going in. – We’re in the middle of a game! | -那个本来会进的 -我们在比赛呢 |
[01:21] | If you two are playing horse, | 你俩要是在比赛扔纸团的话 |
[01:22] | then one of you needs to thank me. | 那其中一个就得多谢我了 |
[01:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:26] | Pussies. Out. | 真没用 出去吧 |
[01:28] | Would you like to finish this game? | 你要不要比完这局 |
[01:29] | Winner gets to be name partner. | 赢家可以成为冠名合伙人 |
[01:31] | See, that’s funny because you’re already name partner– | 真搞笑 你早就是冠名合伙人了 |
[01:33] | Derek Portis died this weekend. | 德里克·波蒂斯周末去世了 |
[01:35] | What took him so long? | 怎么才死啊 |
[01:36] | – Harvey. – What? | -哈维 -干嘛 |
[01:37] | He lived a long life. He was an old man. | 他活了很久 是个糟老头 |
[01:39] | – He was 56. – Didn’t look a day under 70. | -他才56岁 -看着像70多的 |
[01:41] | Man dies, and the first thing you think | 有人去世了 你首先想到要说的是 |
[01:43] | to say is that he looked older than he was. | 他看起来比实际年龄大 |
[01:45] | No. That’s the first thing I said. | 不 这是我首先说的 |
[01:46] | The first thing I thought to say was, | 我首先想到要说的是 |
[01:48] | “Dead or alive, Derek is a dick.” | “不论生死 德里克都是个混球” |
[01:50] | A dick that convinced Folsom Foods | 这个混球说服了福尔松食品公司 |
[01:52] | to settle with us for $10 million. | 以一千万美元的数额跟我们庭外和解 |
[01:54] | Well, we’ll just have to tell his replacement | 我们只要告诉接手这案子的律师 |
[01:56] | the settlement needs a signature. | 和解协议需要签名就行了 |
[01:57] | – It’s not gonna be that easy. – Why? Who’s replacing him? | -没这么简单 -为什么 谁接手这案子 |
[02:06] | I’m gonna have the Cornish Hen, | 我要考尼什鸡 |
[02:07] | and we’re gonna start with the foie gras special, | 头盘要特色鹅肝酱 |
[02:09] | two of them. | 两份 |
[02:10] | – You’re gonna love it. – Just one. | -你一定爱吃 -一份就好 |
[02:12] | – I’m okay. Thank you. – Dad. | -我不用 谢谢 -爸爸 |
[02:14] | I’m watching what I eat. | 我要注意饮食 |
[02:15] | On my birthday? | 今天可是我生日 |
[02:17] | I’m trying to be disciplined. | 我在努力自律 |
[02:19] | Listen… | 听着 |
[02:21] | I’m taking a case against | 我要接一个跟皮尔逊·哈德曼律所 |
[02:22] | Pearson Hardman. | 打对台的案子 |
[02:24] | It’s Folsom Foods. Do you know it? | 福尔松食品公司的案子 你知道吗 |
[02:26] | Um, of course. It’s the gender-discrimination case. | 当然 那件性歧视案 |
[02:28] | Well, I wanted to give you a chance to get off it, | 这件案子是你在跟的话 |
[02:30] | if you were on it. | 我给你机会放弃 |
[02:31] | Well, I’m not, but okay. | 我没在跟 不过心领了 |
[02:33] | It’s just that I know | 就是我听说 |
[02:34] | you keep a low profile at work. | 你在律所挺低调的 |
[02:37] | That was supposed to be between me and Mom. | 我让妈妈不要告诉你的 |
[02:39] | Well, I wish you could tell me these things, | 我希望你能跟我分享事情 |
[02:43] | and I wish that you didn’t keep the fact | 我也希望你不要瞒着别人 |
[02:45] | that I was your father a secret. | 我是你父亲这个事实 |
[02:47] | It’s not a secret. I just don’t broadcast it. | 不是瞒着 只是没有大肆宣扬 |
[02:50] | People treat me differently once they find out you’re my dad. | 他们知道你是我爸就不会像现在这样对我了 |
[02:53] | Are you worried that they’re judging you | 你担心他们会而对你评头论足吗 |
[02:55] | for being a paralegal? | 因为你是律师助理 |
[02:57] | No, Dad. | 不 爸爸 |
[02:59] | Only you judge me for being a paralegal. | 只有你会因此对我评头论足 |
[03:02] | – I do not judge you. – It doesn’t matter. | -我没有 -无所谓了 |
[03:04] | I’m not planning on being a paralegal forever. | 我也不会一辈子都做律师助理的 |
[03:08] | I know. | 我知道 |
[03:12] | Right there. | 就是这个表情 |
[03:13] | You can’t even pretend to believe | 你连假装相信 |
[03:15] | I have what it takes to be a lawyer. | 我有做律师的资质都做不到 |
[03:17] | Rachel, you are a beautiful woman, | 瑞秋 你很美 |
[03:20] | and you can do whatever you want. | 你想做什么都行 |
[03:21] | Beautiful, not smart. | 美丽 不是聪慧 |
[03:22] | Honey, I am trying to give you a heads-up. | 亲爱的 我只是想提点你一下 |
[03:24] | And you’re taking the whole thing | 但你把这事看得 |
[03:26] | as an indictment. | 像控告似的 |
[03:29] | Do you believe I have what it takes to be a lawyer? | 你相信我有成为律师的资质吗 |
[03:34] | It’s been five years, | 都五年了 |
[03:37] | and… | 还是 |
[03:38] | It hasn’t happened. | 没有变化 |
[03:39] | I just wonder if you’ve considered trying something else. | 我只是在想 你是否考虑过转行 |
[03:43] | Of all days– | 一直以来 |
[03:45] | “Hey, Rachel, how was your birthday?” | “瑞秋 你生日过得如何” |
[03:47] | “Great. My dad told me that I should aim lower.” | “可棒啦 我爸说我不应该好高骛远” |
[03:50] | Please, Rachel, that is not what I meant. | 拜托 瑞秋 我不是那个意思 |
[03:52] | – Let’s just have lunch. – No, Dad. | -我们还是吃饭吧 -不 爸爸 |
[03:54] | Really, I wouldn’t want you to overeat | 说真的 我可不想让你吃太饱 |
[03:56] | on the day that you told me that I won’t amount to anything. | 因为你说我将会一事无成 |
[03:58] | Rachel. | 瑞秋 |
[04:05] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[04:07] | But I think you might be in the wrong office. | 我觉得你可能进错办公室了 |
[04:10] | Oh, I’m in the right office. | 没进错 |
[04:13] | You’re Katrina Bennett, | 你是卡特里娜·班尼特 |
[04:14] | Harvey’s mysterious new hire. | 哈维聘请的神秘助理 |
[04:16] | I’m afraid that puts me at a disadvantage, | 这可让我处于劣势了 |
[04:18] | because I don’t know who you are. | 我都不知道你是谁 |
[04:21] | That’s our problem right there. | 问题就在这里 |
[04:22] | – We have a problem? – Oh, yeah, a big one. | -我们之间有问题吗 -还是个大问题 |
[04:24] | You haven’t come to see me yet. | 你还没来给我请安 |
[04:25] | Again, I don’t know who you– | 还是这句话 我不知道你是 |
[04:27] | I oversee the first- and second-year associates. | 我监管第一年和第二年的助理 |
[04:29] | It’s a responsibility that I take as seriously | 我对待这个职责很认真 |
[04:31] | as holding the nuclear launch codes in my hands. | 就像在我手上的是核武器发射码一样 |
[04:33] | Well, if you take it so seriously, | 你要真这么认真负责 |
[04:34] | then why are you in a fifth-year associate’s office, | 怎么还会跑来一个五年资历助理的办公室 |
[04:36] | trimming your fingernails at her desk? | 在她桌上剪指甲呢 |
[04:38] | Trimming? | 剪指甲 |
[04:40] | This is a gold-plated nickel alloy cuticle sculptor | 这可是丹麦南部买的镀金镍合金 |
[04:42] | from the south of Denmark, | 角质层修剪刀 |
[04:44] | And I will sculpt my nails | 我高兴在哪修指甲 |
[04:45] | wherever I damn well please. | 就在哪修指甲 |
[04:47] | Why don’t we see what you’re up to? | 不如来看看你在干什么 |
[04:49] | That’s password-protected. | 有密码保护的 |
[04:51] | Please. Prosecutor99– third try. | 拜托 第三次尝试 检察官99 |
[04:54] | That’s a violation of my privacy. | 这是侵犯我的隐私 |
[04:56] | Oh, yeah? Who are you gonna tell? | 是吗 你要跟谁告状呢 |
[05:01] | I see you’re representing Chad Ritter. | 你要代表查德·里特 |
[05:04] | And this is your defense? Wow, it’s like you’re a baboon. | 这是你的辩护词 跟狒狒讲话似的 |
[05:06] | I’m in full control of Mr. Ritter’s defense strategy. | 里特先生的辩护策略由我全权负责 |
[05:09] | It’s not a strategy, it’s a prayer, | 这可不是策略 这就是祷告 |
[05:10] | which is why I’m going to be forced to supervise you. | 所以我不得不监督你 |
[05:12] | I don’t need a babysitter. | 我不需要保姆 |
[05:14] | You’re not getting a babysitter. | 我不是保姆 |
[05:15] | – You’re getting Louis Litt. – This is unacceptable. | -我可是路易·利特 -这无法接受 |
[05:19] | Be that as it may, | 随便你 |
[05:22] | you can either welcome my tutelage, | 要么高高兴兴让我指导你 |
[05:25] | or you can crawl back to the D.A.’s office | 要么爬回你的地检办公室 |
[05:27] | from whence you came. | 打哪来回哪去 |
[05:32] | Welcome to Pearson Hardman. | 欢迎来到皮尔逊·哈德曼律所 |
[05:44] | You got a minute? | 有时间吗 |
[05:46] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[05:47] | It’s not about us. It’s about work. | 不是谈我们的事 是公事 |
[05:49] | Oh. Then, yeah. | 那我有时间 |
[05:50] | Folsom Foods– | 福尔松食品公司的案子 |
[05:51] | Missy dietler’s your paralegal on it, right? | 蜜西·蒂特乐是你的律师助理 对吧 |
[05:53] | Yeah, when she’s not texting her boyfriend | 是的 等她不再每隔五秒 |
[05:54] | every five seconds or her roommate, | 就给她男友发短信 或者再隔五秒 |
[05:56] | like, every other five seconds. | 就给她室友发短信的时候 |
[05:57] | Put me on instead. | 换我来 |
[06:00] | No. | 不行 |
[06:00] | I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 这可不是什么好主意 |
[06:02] | The new opposing counsel is my dad. | 新任对手律师是我爸爸 |
[06:04] | Your dad is Robert Zane? | 你爸爸是罗伯特·赞恩 |
[06:07] | Is it so hard to believe that my father’s black? | 我爸是黑人就这么难以置信吗 |
[06:10] | Robert Zane is black? | 罗伯特·赞恩是黑人 |
[06:12] | You think this is a year-round tan? | 你以为是晒成这么黑的吗 |
[06:13] | I know who you are, but I can’t believe | 我知道你不是晒的 但我真的不敢相信 |
[06:15] | that your father is the Robert Zane. | 你爸爸就是传说中的罗伯特·赞恩 |
[06:17] | And you never said anything to me. | 而你从来没告诉过我 |
[06:18] | I don’t like people here knowing. | 我不想让同事知道 |
[06:20] | Oh, and I’m just “people”? | 我只是”同事”啊 |
[06:23] | I mean, before, with the–okay. | 我是说 在那之前 好吧 |
[06:25] | Look, I’m offering to help you kick his ass. | 我主动要求帮你打败他 |
[06:27] | Are you gonna make room for me or not? | 你究竟让不让我加入 |
[06:32] | Before I answer that question, | 在我回答之前 我要问问 |
[06:34] | do you really think it’s a good idea | 你真的觉得咱们一起工作 |
[06:36] | for you and I to work together? | 是个好主意吗 |
[06:37] | Are you really asking me what is or isn’t a good idea? | 你是真的在问我这个问题吗 |
[06:43] | Look out, Robert Zane. | 罗伯特·赞恩 你可要当心了 |
[07:16] | First of all, Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[07:17] | I’m sorry to hear about Derek Portis. | 德里克·波蒂斯的去世 我很遗憾 |
[07:19] | Oh, I appreciate your condolences, Harvey, | 感谢你的慰问 哈维 |
[07:22] | but the fact is, Derek was a dick. | 不过事实是 德里克是个混蛋 |
[07:24] | That’s what I said. | 我也是这么说的 |
[07:26] | That’s what everybody says. | 大家都这么说 |
[07:28] | In any case, you didn’t need to come all the way over here. | 无论如何 你不用亲自来这里 |
[07:30] | We could’ve faxed you that settlement. | 我们可以把和解协议传真给你的 |
[07:32] | Here you go, sir. | 给您 先生 |
[07:34] | You and I both know I didn’t come over here to sign. | 你我都知道 我不是来签字的 |
[07:36] | I came to negotiate. | 我是来协商的 |
[07:37] | To renegotiate. Which is bad faith. | 重新协商 那是不守信用的 |
[07:40] | The fact is you snookered Derek. | 问题是你骗了德里克 |
[07:42] | 10 million is double what any competent attorney | 一千万是任何一个合格的律师 |
[07:43] | would’ve settled for. | 能够接受的两倍金额 |
[07:45] | Should have been 5. I’ll give you 2. | 本来应该是五百万 我现在开价二百万 |
[07:47] | Great. Let’s settle for 2. | 太好了 就二百万 |
[07:49] | Then I’ll get you the keys to my condo, | 然后我把公寓的钥匙给你 |
[07:51] | and maybe you’ll drop a deuce on my pillow. | 让你在我的枕头上再拉一滩屎 |
[07:53] | Does it have a security code? Doorman? | 你公寓要不要密码 有没有门卫 |
[07:58] | Okay, you’ve had your fun. | 玩笑开完了 |
[08:00] | But we’re not taking that offer. | 我们不能接受那个数 |
[08:02] | Then when would you like to schedule | 那你准备把斯洛恩· 莫斯利的取证 |
[08:04] | Sloane Moseley’s deposition? | 安排在什么时候 |
[08:06] | But you can’t re-depose her, Mr. Zane. | 你不能重新让她取证啊 赞恩先生 |
[08:08] | Yes, he can. | 他可以 |
[08:09] | And you’ll use this opportunity | 你会借着这个机会 |
[08:11] | to show Sloane Moseley what she’s in for. | 告诉斯洛恩· 莫斯利她的处境 |
[08:13] | When I get done with her, | 等我取证完毕 |
[08:16] | she’s gonna jump at the 2 million. | 二百万也会让她高兴得跳起来的 |
[08:20] | That’s more than bad faith. That’s just cruel. | 这可不只是不守信用了 你这是残忍 |
[08:23] | My offer stands. | 我坚持二百万 |
[08:25] | Uh, it was nice to meet you, sir. | 很高兴见到您 先生 |
[08:32] | What? | 怎么了 |
[08:33] | “Sir”? “Mr. Zane”? | “先生” “赞恩先生” |
[08:35] | Why don’t you just call him “Dad” and get it over with? | 不如直接叫”爸爸”得了 那多痛快 |
[08:38] | I was showing respect. | 我只是表示尊重 |
[08:39] | You’re trying to get invited to Thanksgiving dinner. | 我看你是想去他家吃感恩节晚餐 |
[08:42] | You think he’d let me have one of the turkey legs? | 你觉得他能让我带个火鸡腿回来吗 |
[08:43] | I don’t think that’s what you’re wanting him to let you have. | 你想得到的可不是火鸡腿吧 |
[08:46] | You think I didn’t notice that Rachel Zane | 你以为我没发现瑞秋·赞恩 |
[08:48] | just became the paralegal? | 刚刚成为我们的律师助理吗 |
[08:50] | She asked to be on it. | 她主动要求加入的 |
[08:51] | This better not end up with you in bed with her | 希望最后别是你和她滚了床单 |
[08:53] | telling her your secret. | 还把自己的老底揭给她 |
[08:54] | Not a problem. | 没问题 |
[08:55] | We’ll do it on the couch. | 我们滚沙发 |
[08:57] | That was not respectful to you, me, or her. | 这样对你我她都很不尊重啊 |
[09:00] | – Or her father. – Or your couch. | -还有她爸爸 -还有你的沙发 |
[09:03] | Not my couch. | 别用我的沙发 |
[09:10] | – Donna. – Katrina. | -唐娜 -卡特里娜 |
[09:12] | – You know who I am? – I know who everybody is. | -你认识我 -这里的人我都认识 |
[09:15] | That’s what I’ve heard. Do you have a minute? | 我听说了 你有时间吗 |
[09:17] | Well, eight days from now, I think I got a spare 45 seconds. | 八天之后 有45秒的时间 |
[09:21] | Well, if you get a break… | 如果你有休息时间的话 |
[09:25] | You think I can be bought with cookies? | 你以为饼干就能收买我吗 |
[09:27] | Homemade, chocolate chip. | 自制的 带巧克力 |
[09:29] | – Dark chocolate? – Semisweet. | -黑巧克力吗 -半甜型 |
[09:31] | – A dollop of peanut butter? – Butterscotch. | -花生酱的 -奶油糖果 |
[09:35] | – Walnuts? – Please. | -核桃吗 -拜托 |
[09:37] | Pistachios. | 开心果 |
[09:40] | The nut of royalty. | 贵族之果 |
[09:43] | Who told you my weak spot–Mike? | 谁告诉你我的弱点的 迈克吗 |
[09:45] | Bertha. | 贝莎 |
[09:47] | Big Bertha from the D.A.’s office? | 地方检察院的贝莎吗 |
[09:48] | You’re remembered fondly there. | 那儿的人都很想念你 |
[09:50] | Aw, yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:51] | I’m remembered fondly everywhere. | 哪儿的人都很想念我 |
[09:59] | Okay, you got one minute. | 好 给你一分钟 |
[10:02] | Who the hell is Louis Litt? | 路易·利特到底是谁 |
[10:04] | This might take more than a minute. | 一分钟可不够 |
[10:06] | How bad? | 情况有多糟糕 |
[10:08] | I’d like to throw him through a plateglass window. | 我想把他从窗户上扔出去 |
[10:10] | Not a totally unprecedented reaction. | 不止你一个人这么想 |
[10:12] | Harvey brought me in, so I don’t want to piss him off. | 哈维带我进来 我不想惹他生气 |
[10:13] | I just want to know what the protocol is. | 我想知道有什么规矩 |
[10:15] | Harvey won’t stand in your way, but you listen to me. | 哈维不会阻拦你 但你要听我一句 |
[10:17] | You want to go toe-to-toe with Louis, | 你想要和路易对着干 |
[10:19] | you better be prepared to go the distance. | 做好长期作战的准备吧 |
[10:23] | – Jessica. – Robert. | -杰西卡 -罗伯特 |
[10:25] | What can I do for you? | 有什么可以为您效劳 |
[10:27] | I just want to talk, one name partner to another. | 我只想谈谈 冠名合伙人之前的谈话 |
[10:36] | I want you to settle Folsom Foods. | 我想和你就福尔松食品的案子达成和解 |
[10:39] | I thought we were already settling Folsom Foods. | 我以为我们已经做完这个案子了 |
[10:41] | I proposed a slightly different number. | 我提出了一个不太一样的数字 |
[10:43] | Which Harvey already said no to. | 哈维已经说了不接受 |
[10:45] | Well, you know me. | 你了解我 |
[10:46] | I don’t go for that gender-discrimination stuff, | 我没有性别歧视 |
[10:48] | but Harvey negotiates like a girl. | 但是哈维谈判的时候像个小女孩 |
[10:50] | No, he doesn’t. | 不 他可不像 |
[10:53] | But he does style his hair like one. | 不过他的发型的确很像 |
[10:55] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:56] | What the hell is that? | 那是什么造型啊 |
[10:58] | I don’t know. What’s your number? | 我也不知道 你开价多少 |
[11:01] | 2 million. | 二百万 |
[11:03] | That’s an $8 million hit. | 砍掉了八百万啊 |
[11:05] | It’s 8 million to your client, and you need a win. | 那是你客户的八百万 你需要赢 |
[11:08] | Do I? | 是吗 |
[11:09] | Yeah, it’s no secret that Pearson Hardman’s | 丹尼尔离开之后 皮尔逊·哈德曼律所 |
[11:12] | been taking it on the chin since Daniel left. | 收到了重创 这已经不是秘密了 |
[11:14] | Well, that might mean something if I had a glass jaw. | 但我们仍能轻松打败那些不堪一击的对手 |
[11:17] | Partners have jumped ship, associates were poached, | 合伙人纷纷出走 助理律师被挖角 |
[11:21] | clients have bailed. | 客户离开 |
[11:22] | Partners were pushed, | 合伙人是被逼走的 |
[11:24] | associates were fired, and clients were retained. | 助理律师是被解雇的 客户都保住了 |
[11:26] | Well, you can spin it all you want. | 随你怎么说 |
[11:28] | But a high-profile win– | 但是赢了知名度这么高的案子 |
[11:30] | that sure would look good. | 面子上肯定很好看 |
[11:32] | If I lower my price. | 前提是我要降低赔偿金 |
[11:34] | A win’s a win. It doesn’t matter how ugly. | 赢就是赢 不论赢得多不光彩 |
[11:44] | Robert Zane poked his nose into my office. | 罗伯特·赞恩来找过我 |
[11:47] | He try and hit on you? I think he’s always had a thing. | 来跟你搭讪吗 我一直觉得他对你有意思 |
[11:49] | Who doesn’t? | 谁对我没意思啊 |
[11:51] | – He thinks we’re weak. – I know. | -他觉得我们很弱 -我知道 |
[11:52] | He pulled the settlement. | 他撤回了和解协议 |
[11:54] | Not on the case–us. | 和案子无关 是我们 |
[11:55] | Are you saying he went over my head? | 你是说他想骑到我头上来吗 |
[11:57] | He heard about Allison Holt’s bullshit last week. | 上星期他听说了艾莉森·霍特干的破事儿 |
[11:59] | Let me guess. | 我猜猜 |
[12:00] | He’s pulling the same bullshit right now. | 他又说了同样的屁话 |
[12:02] | Told me the world knows we need a win, | 他对我说 全世界都知道我们需要一场胜仗 |
[12:04] | tried to leverage that to get me to settle. | 想用这种手段让我和解 |
[12:06] | Son of a bitch. | 这个老混蛋 |
[12:07] | That’s not bad faith. That’s below the belt. | 这不是不守信用 这手段可真是卑鄙 |
[12:10] | You know what I do to someone who hits me below the belt. | 你知道我会怎样回敬这种卑鄙之人 |
[12:13] | Cut ’em off at the knees. | 让他们跪地求饶 |
[12:24] | Louis. | 路易 |
[12:30] | I just need– | 我只是想 |
[12:34] | I just– | 我 |
[12:46] | Yeah. | 说 |
[12:47] | Looks delicious. What is that? | 看起来很好吃 什么东西 |
[12:50] | It’s a spinach and kale power smoothie. | 菠菜和甘蓝菜的能量冰沙 |
[12:52] | I’m in the middle of my quarterly cleanse. | 我正在进行季度净化断食 |
[12:53] | What do you want? | 你想干什么 |
[12:56] | To apologize… | 来道歉 |
[12:57] | for any misunderstanding we might have had. | 为了咱们中间的误会 |
[13:00] | That you might have had. | 你的误会 |
[13:01] | I had. And it was huge. | 是 而且是很大的误会 |
[13:06] | I looked up your record. | 我看了你的档案 |
[13:08] | You’re a white-collar genius. | 真是律政精英啊 |
[13:11] | Go on. | 继续 |
[13:13] | I don’t just accept your tutelage. | 我不只是接受您的指导 |
[13:16] | I’m begging for your help. | 我在请求您的帮助 |
[13:20] | Well, beg away. | 开始吧 |
[13:22] | My motion to dismiss is Wednesday | 我的撤案动议在周三 |
[13:24] | with Judge Mcintyre. | 由麦金太尔法官主持 |
[13:25] | I’ve never been able to connect with him. | 我总是不对他的胃口 |
[13:28] | Yeah, that’s ’cause you don’t understand him. | 那是因为你不了解他 |
[13:29] | Well, all I know is he’s punitive. | 我只知道他处罚得很严 |
[13:31] | No, he’s a stickler. | 不 他是个坚持细节的人 |
[13:32] | Don’t be late, don’t be sloppy, | 别迟到 穿得整洁点 |
[13:33] | don’t be disrespectful, and he’ll love you, | 别失礼 他会喜欢你的 |
[13:35] | Just like he loves me. | 就像他喜欢我一样 |
[13:39] | Since you know him so well, | 既然你这么了解他 |
[13:42] | would you do me the honor of signing on as first chair? | 您能赏脸当首席律师吗 |
[13:46] | I can. | 我可以 |
[13:50] | And I will. | 而且我很乐意 |
[13:54] | You’ve forgiven me with grace, | 您大方地宽恕我 |
[13:55] | and now you’re saving me in my hour of need. | 现在又在我困难时帮助我 |
[13:58] | You’re my knight in shining armor. | 您就是拯救我的英雄啊 |
[14:03] | I will see-eth you on Wednesday, milady. | 周三见 “夫人” |
[14:23] | You wanted to see me? | 你找我吗 |
[14:25] | Yes, but usually that means | 对 但通常我要见的人都会 |
[14:27] | the person tells Donna they’re here, | 先告诉唐娜他们来了 |
[14:29] | then Donna tells me. That’s how it works. | 然后唐娜再告诉我 规矩是这样 |
[14:32] | Donna’s not there. | 唐娜不在 |
[14:33] | You think that’s by accident? | 你觉得这是巧合吗 |
[14:36] | Apparently not. | 显然不是 |
[14:37] | You know why you’re here? | 你知道为什么喊你来吗 |
[14:39] | Because my last name is Zane. | 因为我姓赞恩 |
[14:43] | You know why Donna isn’t? | 知道为何唐娜不在吗 |
[14:45] | Because you know we’re friends. | 因为你知道我和她是朋友 |
[14:47] | And you’re about to ask me to do something | 你即将要求我做件事 |
[14:49] | that she would tell me not to do. | 而她不会同意的 |
[14:50] | And what exactly do I want to ask you? | 知道我要你做什么吗 |
[14:53] | You want to know if I want to be in on the deposition. | 你想知道我是否想参加取证 |
[14:55] | You did ask on the case. | 你打听了这案子 |
[14:57] | Yes, I did. | 我是打听了 |
[14:58] | And before you ask me if I’m tough enough to be in there, | 在你问我能否在取证中坚持住之前 |
[15:00] | I want you to know that I am tough enough. | 我想告诉你我够坚强 |
[15:03] | That’s not what I wanted to ask. | 我不是想问你这个 |
[15:05] | I want you to know if you think it’ll rattle your father. | 我想问 你是不是觉得这会激怒你父亲 |
[15:08] | Frankly, I don’t think he’d care. | 说实话 我知道他不会在乎 |
[15:09] | Good. | 很好 |
[15:12] | Why good? | 怎么了 |
[15:13] | Because if that’s what you think about him, | 如果你这么想的话 |
[15:14] | then your relationship is worse than you think. | 你们俩的关系比你想象的还要差 |
[15:17] | And he cares about you more than you know. | 他其实很在乎你 |
[15:41] | Is this a joke? | 这是个笑话吗 |
[15:42] | She doesn’t need to be in there. | 她没必要出席 |
[15:44] | Sloane Moseley? | 你指斯洛恩· 莫斯利吗 |
[15:45] | You know who I’m talking about. | 你知道我说的是谁 |
[15:47] | You think having her in the room | 你觉得她的出席 |
[15:48] | is gonna keep me from doing my job? | 会影响我工作吗 |
[15:50] | The relevant question is, | 当前的问题就是 |
[15:51] | what is she gonna think about you | 在你把斯洛恩· 莫斯利 |
[15:52] | after you eviscerate Sloane Moseley? | 折磨得体无完肤之后 她会怎么看你 |
[15:54] | You accuse me of being cruel, | 你现在指责我残忍 |
[15:56] | and you orchestrate this stunt. | 其实这都是你一手策划的 |
[15:58] | We had a deal. You pulled it. | 我们说好的 你反悔了 |
[16:00] | Put the deal back on the table, | 继续我们之前的协议 |
[16:02] | this whole thing ends now. | 一切就都结束了 |
[16:13] | Harvey, what did you do? | 哈维 你干了什么 |
[16:15] | My job. | 我做了我该做的 |
[16:21] | Ms. Moseley? | 莫斯利女士 |
[16:23] | Why did you choose this particular field? | 你为何选择在这个领域里工作 |
[16:27] | Because I have a love of food. | 因为我热爱食物 |
[16:31] | Is it really a requirement of excellence | 难道对食物的热爱是 |
[16:32] | in an executive that one love food? | 成为优秀行政主管的必要条件吗 |
[16:34] | It’s not a requirement, | 不是必要条件 |
[16:36] | But it’s a food company. | 但这是食品公司 |
[16:37] | And it’s what I thought made it a perfect fit. | 我的热爱很适合食品公司 |
[16:39] | Well, if it was such a perfect fit, | 既然是如此合适 |
[16:41] | why were you looking for a job in another field? | 你为何还在另外的领域找工作 |
[16:44] | Because I spent nine years killing myself for your client, | 因为这九年我一直在为你的委托人卖命 |
[16:47] | and got passed over for promotion after promotion | 错过了一次又一次的升职 |
[16:49] | in favor of less-qualified men. | 眼看着比我资历低的人步步高升 |
[16:52] | Okay, let me get this straight. | 让我把话说明 |
[16:53] | So you hit a wall, you blame my client. | 你遇到了挫折 却怪罪我的委托人 |
[16:55] | And rather than figuring out what it takes | 你没有自我反省 |
[16:56] | to make it in this perfect fit, | 想想如何完善自己 |
[16:58] | you give up and fold like a house of cards. | 却选择了像纸牌房子一样放弃屈服 |
[17:00] | I don’t know what law school you went to. | 我不知道你在哪上的法学院 |
[17:01] | But I was always taught that depositions require questions. | 但我记得取证只能问问题吧 |
[17:04] | I went to Harvard. | 我上的哈佛法学院 |
[17:07] | And here’s your question. | 下面就是我的问题 |
[17:08] | After all these interviews for all these jobs, | 在面试了这么多工作之后 |
[17:11] | why didn’t you just pursue one of them | 你为何不接受一份工作 |
[17:13] | and switch careers? | 改变你的职业呢 |
[17:15] | It would require a step backward. | 因为那意味着我要退一步 |
[17:17] | Isn’t it true it didn’t require a step backward? | 也许不需要退一步呢 |
[17:20] | But that’s all you could find, | 你只能找到需要退一步的工作 |
[17:21] | because no one thought you were any good | 是因为没人觉得 |
[17:22] | at the job you had in the first place. | 你胜任你最初的工作 |
[17:25] | You don’t know that. | 你并不知道 |
[17:25] | I have sworn testimony from a headhunter | 我有人才猎头的宣誓证词 |
[17:29] | who said nobody wanted you. | 他说没人愿意要你 |
[17:30] | Okay, you’re badgering her. | 够了 你在困扰她 |
[17:32] | Well, the truth is you’re untalented and pathetic | 真相就是 你没有才能 而且很可悲 |
[17:34] | and blaming other people | 你把责任推卸给他人 |
[17:36] | because you don’t have the skills or the fortitude | 因为你缺乏技能和毅力 |
[17:38] | or anything else to make it in your chosen field. | 没法在你的领域里成功 |
[17:41] | And you don’t even have the courage | 你都没勇气 |
[17:42] | to try something else. | 尝试其他职业 |
[17:44] | I’m sorry. I just wanted to make sure | 抱歉 我想确保 |
[17:46] | that the court reporter got all that. | 法院书记官记下来了 |
[17:48] | Did you hear it down there? | 都听到了吗 |
[17:49] | We heard it. | 我们都听到了 |
[17:51] | Good. | 很好 |
[17:53] | I have a few more questions. | 我还有几个问题 |
[17:54] | No. | 不行 |
[17:56] | This deposition is over. | 这次取证结束了 |
[18:07] | This is the men’s room. You know that, right? | 你知道这是男洗手间吧 |
[18:08] | Don’t do that shit again. | 别再那么做了 |
[18:10] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[18:11] | I don’t need your protection. | 我不需要你保护我 |
[18:13] | That’s what my dad does. | 那是我爸该做的事情 |
[18:14] | Rachel, the only thing your father and I have in common | 瑞秋 我和你爸的共同点就是 |
[18:16] | is that you’re angry at both of us. | 你对我们俩都很愤怒 |
[18:18] | Well, all you did in there was embarrass me. | 你在里面的行为让我很尴尬 |
[18:20] | Embarrass you? | 让你尴尬 |
[18:22] | I wasn’t even watching you. I was watching our client. | 我都没看你 我在看我们的委托人 |
[18:25] | You’re trying to say | 你想说 |
[18:25] | you didn’t call that off because of him? | 你不是因为他才终止取证的吗 |
[18:27] | No, I’m trying to say I didn’t call it off because of you. | 不是 我想说我不是因为你才终止取证 |
[18:29] | Even though evidently you went to Harvey | 不过你显然去找了哈维 |
[18:31] | to ask in to make it about you. | 请求参加取证 好像这一切都是关于你 |
[18:33] | I didn’t go to Harvey. He came to me. | 我没去找哈维 他找的我 |
[18:34] | Look, Rachel, | 听着 瑞秋 |
[18:35] | you might want to make this Zane versus Zane, | 你也许以为这是赞恩的家庭战争 |
[18:37] | but it’s not. | 但这不是 |
[18:38] | It’s Folsom Foods versus our client. | 这是福尔松食品公司对抗我们的委托人 |
[18:40] | But you’re so eager to prove how tough you are | 你太渴望证明你有多坚强 |
[18:42] | that you seem to have forgotten about her. | 似乎都忘了我们的客户 |
[18:50] | How dare you? | 你怎么敢这样 |
[18:51] | How dare I what? | 我怎么了 |
[18:52] | I just got a $3,000 fine from Judge Mcintyre | 刚才麦金太尔法官罚了我三千美元 |
[18:55] | for missing my own hearing. | 因为我错过了我的听证 |
[18:57] | I know. | 我知道啊 |
[18:58] | I was wondering what happened to you. | 我还奇怪发生什么了呢 |
[19:00] | I thought maybe your horse took fever, my liege. | 我以为你的马发烧了呢 “殿下” |
[19:04] | You said it was Wednesday, and you know it. | 你说的周三 你肯定记得 |
[19:06] | No. I said Tuesday… | 没 我说的是周二 |
[19:07] | As is confirmed in the documents I gave you. | 我给你的文件也可以证明 |
[19:13] | This here is a fight you don’t want to have. | 你不会想跟我斗的 |
[19:16] | I didn’t pick it. | 又不是我挑起的 |
[19:17] | yeah, you did. | 不是你还能是谁 |
[19:18] | And now you’re gonna pay that fine, | 现在你得付那笔罚款 |
[19:20] | and you’re gonna write a letter | 再写封信给麦金太尔法官 |
[19:21] | expressing how sorry you are to Judge Mcintyre. | 告诉他你很抱歉 |
[19:24] | No. I’m not. | 不 我不会的 |
[19:26] | I’m gonna count to five. | 我会数到五 |
[19:28] | You can count to 500. | 你数到五百都行 |
[19:30] | The only thing I’m sorry for is getting stuck with you. | 我唯一感到抱歉的 就是无法摆脱你 |
[19:34] | You lied to me… | 你骗了我 |
[19:36] | and you know it. | 你心里清楚 |
[19:38] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[19:41] | Who you gonna tell? | 你会跟谁告状 |
[19:55] | Here it comes. Speech number 162– | 又来了 第162次演说 |
[19:58] | 14 reasons why I’m an asshole. | 用14个理由阐述我为何是个混蛋 |
[19:59] | No, no. This is gonna be 216. | 不对 这是第216次了 |
[20:02] | That’s uncharted territory. | 那可是片未知领域 |
[20:03] | And you’re still not gonna like it. | 你还是不会喜欢的 |
[20:05] | If it’s coming from you, that goes without saying. | 如果出自你口中 那是显然 |
[20:07] | Look, I’m just saying that you went | 我只是想说让瑞秋 |
[20:08] | out of your way to put Rachel in that deposition. | 出席取证 你越界了 |
[20:10] | You promised uncharted territory. | 你对灰色领域又没意见 |
[20:11] | We’ve been here before. | 我们以前讨论过这个话题 |
[20:12] | No, usually you’re accusing me of making things personal. | 不 通常情况下是你指责我没有公事公办 |
[20:15] | But this time you’re making things personal | 但这次 你把和罗伯特·赞恩的私人恩怨 |
[20:17] | – for Robert Zane. – No. He made it personal. | -牵扯了进来 -不 是他带进来的 |
[20:19] | And how exactly did he do that? | 洗耳恭听 |
[20:21] | He threatened our firm. | 他威胁我们公司 |
[20:22] | And on top of that, he tried to show Sloane Moseley | 然后 他试图让斯洛恩· 莫斯利明白 |
[20:25] | what she’d be in for her if this goes to trial. | 如果上了法庭等着她的是什么 |
[20:28] | So I’m just returning the favor. | 所以我只是以牙还牙罢了 |
[20:30] | Yeah, well, it didn’t seem to have much of an effect on him. | 行吧 但看上去对他没多大触动 |
[20:32] | Trust me. It will. | 相信我 会有的 |
[20:33] | And did you think about the effect | 那你有考虑过对斯洛恩· 莫斯利 |
[20:35] | it’ll have on sloane moseley, not to mention his daughter? | 会产生什么影响吗 更别提他的女儿了 |
[20:38] | Here we are, | 绕了一圈 |
[20:38] | right back to good old 162. | 又回到老问题上来了 |
[20:41] | Did you misunderstand me when I said | 你是听不懂我说的 |
[20:43] | to cut Robert Zane off at the knees? | 让罗伯特·赞恩跪地求饶的意思吗 |
[20:45] | You too? | 又一个要演讲的吗 |
[20:46] | Oh, don’t tell me you think I went too far. | 别说你觉得我做过火了 |
[20:48] | I don’t think you went far enough. | 你离合格还远着呢 |
[20:49] | – What? – Your client just called. | -什么 -你的客户刚打来电话 |
[20:51] | She wants to take Zane’s bullshit settlement. | 她想要签赞恩那狗屁的和解书 |
[20:58] | You’re gonna want to turn your hips | 你应该转动你的臀部 |
[20:59] | to transfer your weight through the ball. | 带动你的体重来击球 |
[21:04] | Nice job tracking me down. | 居然能找到我 真厉害 |
[21:06] | You think you’re the only one | 你以为只有你一个人知道 |
[21:07] | who knows where Judge Benjamin plays? | 本杰明法官在哪儿打球吗 |
[21:08] | No. | 不是 |
[21:09] | But I’m the only one here he plays with. | 但我是这儿唯一一个和他打球的人 |
[21:13] | Now, did you come here to caddie for me? | 所以你是来给我当球童的吗 |
[21:16] | I came here to negotiate. | 我是来和你谈判的 |
[21:19] | Bullshit. | 扯淡 |
[21:24] | Your client caved after that deposition, | 取证之后你的客户缴械投降了 |
[21:27] | because she knew she couldn’t make it through a trial. | 因为她知道法庭之上她毫无胜算 |
[21:29] | So I’m gonna negotiate for you. | 所以是我来帮你讨价的 |
[21:32] | The offer on the table was 2 million. | 协议书上的价格是两百万 |
[21:34] | It just went down to one. | 现在变成一百万了 |
[21:36] | – Robert. – Now it’s 500,000. | -罗伯特 -现在是五十万了 |
[21:38] | You’re pretty good at this. | 你挺会砍价的啊 |
[21:39] | Remind me to have you buy my next car for me. | 提醒我下次换车的时候喊上你 |
[21:41] | Now it’s 100,000. | 现在只有十万了 |
[21:43] | No, wait. | 哦不 等等 |
[21:46] | Here. | 拿着 |
[21:48] | No one wins if we go to war. | 上了法庭对谁都没好处 |
[21:53] | You don’t have children, do you? | 你还没有孩子 对吗 |
[21:56] | You came to my house and threatened my firm. | 你来我的地盘 威胁我的公司 |
[21:59] | “Your house”? | 你的地盘 |
[22:01] | You put my little girl in that deposition | 你让我女儿坐在那儿取证 |
[22:03] | so she could see me shred that woman, | 让她看着我如何毁掉那个女人 |
[22:05] | which I did because that’s my job. | 而我没有退缩是因为这是我的本职 |
[22:07] | And I was trying to protect that woman. | 我在试图保护我的客户 |
[22:09] | That was my job. | 这也是我的本职 |
[22:10] | Well, your client is scared shitless. | 但你的客户吓得面如土色 |
[22:13] | So I guess that means that I did my job | 应该说我的工作比你做的 |
[22:15] | a lot better than you did yours. | 要好得多了吧 |
[22:17] | The settlement is gone. | 和解取消 |
[22:19] | You want something… | 还想要什么的话 |
[22:21] | You come take it at trial. | 咱们就法庭上见 |
[22:35] | What do you need? | 你想要什么 |
[22:38] | A napkin. | 一张纸巾 |
[22:39] | No, social security number, | 不我是说 社保号码 |
[22:40] | date of birth, favorite color, | 出生日期 最喜欢的颜色 |
[22:42] | allergy to nuts. I don’t know. | 果仁过敏 我不知道 |
[22:43] | What’s it gonna take? | 你需要哪些资料 |
[22:45] | I don’t think I need to steal | 我不觉得我们现在需要 |
[22:46] | your father’s identity just yet. | 窃取你父亲的个人资料 |
[22:48] | Mike said he pulled the settlement, | 迈克说他撤回了协议 |
[22:50] | and we can’t let that happen. | 我们不能让他如愿 |
[22:52] | – “We”? – Yes, “We.” | -“我们” -对 “我们” |
[22:55] | I work here too. | 我也是这儿的一员 |
[22:57] | – Now I get it. – Get– | -现在我懂了 -懂什么 |
[22:59] | No, no, no. This isn’t about me and my father. | 不不不 这不是我和我爸的恩怨 |
[23:02] | This is about the client. | 这是有关我们的客户 |
[23:03] | No, I meant why Donna likes you so much. | 我是说我懂为什么唐娜这么喜欢你了 |
[23:07] | Oh. Thank you. I-I like her too. | 这样啊 谢谢 我也很喜欢她 |
[23:10] | You know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[23:11] | I was gonna give in and drop this case. | 我本来打算投降放弃这个案子了 |
[23:14] | But now that you accosted me during my me time, | 但你执意要在私底下找我 |
[23:17] | I’m gonna change my mind and do what you say. | 我打算改变想法 照你说的去做 |
[23:21] | You were gonna continue with it anyway. | 你本来就没打算放弃 |
[23:23] | – Yes. – Right. | -被你看穿了 -好吧 |
[23:24] | Would you like to eat my bagel now too? | 你现在也想尝尝我的百吉饼吗 |
[23:28] | Oh, thank you. I… | 真的吗 谢谢你 我 |
[23:32] | I’m so sorry. | 不好意思 |
[23:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:54] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿干什么 |
[23:55] | I just came by to tell you that you were right. | 我只是路过进来和你说你是对的 |
[23:57] | This is your case, not mine. | 这是你的案子 不是我的 |
[23:58] | I’m no longer first chair. | 我不是首席律师了 |
[24:00] | Fine. We’re best friends. | 很好 我们最要好了 |
[24:02] | Now please leave. | 现在请你离开 |
[24:04] | Okay, I came to give you your files back. | 好吧 我是来给你送文件的 |
[24:07] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[24:09] | No way. I wasn’t born yesterday. | 不可能 我又不是三岁小孩 |
[24:10] | I’ve got my files right here. | 我的文件就在这儿 |
[24:12] | Okay, Katrina, I’m offering us both a way out here. | 卡特里娜 我是在给大家一个台阶下 |
[24:15] | You keep whatever’s in those files the hell away from me. | 你带着你的文件 离我越远越好 |
[24:18] | Okay. You got me. | 好 我懂了 |
[24:20] | – I’m not to be trusted. – All right, let’s get to it. | -你不相信我 -那就开始吧 |
[24:23] | Ms. Bennett, I believe you have something for me. | 班尼特小姐 我想你有东西要呈上 |
[24:26] | Your honor, | 法官大人 |
[24:27] | Mr. Gibbs charged my client with securities fraud, | 吉布斯先生指控我方证券诈骗 |
[24:29] | but he neglected to disclose | 但同时他隐瞒了 |
[24:30] | discrepancies between the S.E.C.’s findings and the IRS’s. | 美国证监会与国内税务署的报告有出入 |
[24:34] | I have with me an exhibit. | 我这儿有详细的证据 |
[24:39] | I’m sorry. You must’ve accidentally somehow gotten | 不好意思 你肯定不小心发现自己拿了 |
[24:42] | the file of pictures of me | 一堆我被PS成 |
[24:43] | photoshopped as various American presidents. | 各届美国总统的相片 |
[24:47] | I actually like that one. | 事实上我挺喜欢那张的 |
[24:48] | I look pretty sharp, don’t I? | 我看上去挺精明的 是吧 |
[24:50] | What you’re really looking for was this… | 你其实要找的是这个 |
[24:52] | like I offered. | 我之前说的 |
[24:54] | But per your request, | 但按照你的要求 |
[24:55] | I’m gonna keep it the hell away from you. | 我会带着它离你远远的 |
[24:58] | Is this some sort of joke? | 你们这是在开什么玩笑吗 |
[25:00] | No. Your honor. | 不 法官大人 |
[25:02] | Bring that folder up here right now. | 那就立刻把那个文件夹呈上来 |
[25:04] | And if they’re not legitimate court documents, | 如果它们不是合法的法庭文件的话 |
[25:06] | you are in for one hell of a fine. | 你将被处以罚款 |
[25:18] | What are you working on? | 你在忙什么 |
[25:20] | I’m going through the reviews for every executive | 我在查阅过去五年内 |
[25:22] | promoted at Folsom Foods for the last five years. | 福尔松食品公司提拔的所有主管人员 |
[25:26] | You? | 你呢 |
[25:27] | Reviews of every executive promoted at folsom foods | 查阅过去五年内福尔松食品公司 |
[25:30] | for the past five years. | 提拔的所有主管人员 |
[25:37] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[25:39] | This is not Zane versus Zane. | 这不是什么父女大战 |
[25:41] | And I don’t want to talk about my dad anymore. | 我也不想再谈论我爸了 |
[25:44] | Good. | 很好 |
[25:46] | It’s like he was sitting me down | 那感觉像是他让我坐下 |
[25:47] | and looking me in the eye | 看着我的眼睛 |
[25:48] | – and telling me… – What? | -对我说… -什么 |
[25:53] | that I’m untalented and pathetic | 你不仅没有天赋而且可悲可怜 |
[25:55] | and don’t have the skills or the fortitude | 没有高超的技艺或是坚韧的意志 |
[25:58] | or anything else it takes to make it in my chosen field. | 或者任何我所选的领域内所需的素质 |
[26:00] | He was talking to a client. | 他这话是在说给客户听 |
[26:02] | You got a 172. You’re going to law school. | 你考了172分 你要去上法学院了 |
[26:04] | He can’t deny that. | 这点他无法否认 |
[26:07] | Yeah. He–he doesn’t know that. | 其实 他还不知道这事 |
[26:12] | Rachel, you– | 瑞秋 你 |
[26:17] | When I, um… | 以前我 |
[26:20] | told him that I was high-school salutatorian… | 告诉他我要在高中毕业典礼上致欢迎词 |
[26:25] | guess what the first words out of his mouth were. | 猜他听完说的第一句话是什么 |
[26:28] | He wanted to know who the valedictorian was. | 他想知道谁来致告别词 |
[26:30] | Nope. | 不对 |
[26:32] | He said… | 他说 |
[26:33] | “Number two ain’t bad.” | “第二名也不赖” |
[26:36] | He thought it was funny. | 他觉得他很幽默 |
[26:42] | Everyone’s always said that my mom is beautiful | 所有人都说我妈妈美貌动人 |
[26:45] | and that my dad is smart and powerful. | 我爸爸机智强大 |
[26:52] | And all I’ve ever wanted is for him… | 我只希望他能 |
[27:06] | He’s never gonna see a different side of you | 他永远不会看到你不一样的一面 |
[27:08] | if you don’t show him a different side of you. | 如果你不把那面展示给他看的话 |
[27:13] | He knew I was sitting right there. | 他知道我当时就坐在那儿 |
[27:15] | You chose to be sitting right there. | 是你自己选择坐在那儿的 |
[27:29] | – Louis. – Hi, Donna. | -路易 -嗨 唐娜 |
[27:31] | What can I do for you? | 有什么可以为你效劳的吗 |
[27:32] | Not for me. | 不是为我 |
[27:34] | For Katrina. | 为卡特里娜 |
[27:36] | – Which one’s Katrina again? – Okay, you know what? | -卡特里娜是谁来着 -得了 |
[27:38] | You’ve had your fun. Time to let it go. | 你玩够了吧 该冰释前嫌了 |
[27:40] | Yeah, I’m afraid I’m not gonna let anything go | 恐怕我没法一笔勾销 |
[27:42] | Until that woman kneels before Zod. | 除非她给左得跪下 |
[27:44] | First of all, you know who Zod is? | 别的不说 你知道左得是谁吗 |
[27:46] | And second of all, you think you’re Zod? | 其次 你以为自己是左得吗 |
[27:47] | General Zod was a visionary leader | 左得将军是远见卓识的领袖 |
[27:49] | who was underappreciated by his entire planet. | 却在自己的星球得不到赏识 |
[27:51] | Of course I know who he is. | 我当然知道他是谁 |
[27:52] | Okay, well, Katrina isn’t Superman, | 好吧 但卡特里娜不是超人 |
[27:54] | so what the hell do you want from her? | 你到底想要她怎样 |
[27:58] | Okay. I get it. | 我懂了 |
[28:00] | Harvey is Superman, and he hired Katrina, | 在你眼里哈维是超人 他雇佣了卡特里娜 |
[28:02] | instead of you getting your first-year. | 而却没让你招那个新人 |
[28:04] | Her name was Maria, and this is not about that. | 我那个新人叫玛丽亚 但这和那事没关系 |
[28:06] | What this is about | 这事是关于 |
[28:08] | is me getting respect from a new employee, so… | 我得到新员工的尊敬 |
[28:10] | You beat her. You want her respect? | 你在欺负她 真想要她尊敬你吗 |
[28:13] | Make up with her and leave her alone. | 就与她和好 别去烦她 |
[28:14] | Oh, really, Donna? Is that a sign of respect? | 是吗唐娜 这就是尊敬的表示吗 |
[28:17] | Leaving someone alone, like you and Harvey | 不去烦某人 就像你和哈维那样 |
[28:18] | left me alone since Daniel? | 在丹尼尔离开之后对我不闻不问 |
[28:20] | Louis, Harvey welcomed you back. | 路易 哈维欢迎你的回归 |
[28:22] | “Welcomed”? | 他那样叫欢迎 |
[28:24] | He ripped up my letter of resignation, | 他撕了我的辞呈 |
[28:26] | and he didn’t say a word. | 一语不发 |
[28:27] | – Louis. – You know what? | -路易 -跟你说吧 |
[28:28] | Over the years, all the ribbing | 这么多年来 |
[28:30] | and all the practical jokes between you and Harvey, | 你和哈维整了我那么多次 |
[28:32] | I found that to be a sign of respect. | 我觉得那算是尊敬 |
[28:34] | But you haven’t had one conversation with me | 但是自从你说 |
[28:37] | since you told me you never wanted | 你再不想看到我的臭脸之后 |
[28:38] | to see my smug face again. | 你没和我说过一句话 |
[28:39] | So you know what? You go tell Katrina | 所以言归正转 你去告诉卡特里娜 |
[28:41] | that I’m not really in a forgiving mood. | 本大爷真没心情原谅别人 |
[28:58] | I had an idea about Folsom Foods. | 福尔松食品公司的案子 我有个主意 |
[29:00] | – You too? – What? | -你也来这套 -怎么 |
[29:01] | You are not getting my bagel. | 别想抢我的百吉饼 |
[29:03] | Why would I want your bagel? | 我干嘛要你的百吉饼 |
[29:05] | Never mind. What do you got? | 别提这个了 你有什么主意 |
[29:06] | I checked the review of every promotion | 我查了过去五年 |
[29:07] | from the last five years. | 所有的升职评价 |
[29:09] | Every time they don’t promote a woman, | 每当他们不想提升女性员工时 |
[29:10] | they use some combination of the same 16 words. | 他们会用固定的几个词组 |
[29:13] | – And the men? – No. | -男员工呢 -不用 |
[29:15] | What are the words? | 是什么词组 |
[29:17] | “High-strung, sensitive, aggressive, abrasive…” | “高度紧张 敏感 激进 草率” |
[29:20] | Coded language. | 像密码似的 |
[29:21] | They went out of their way to shield themselves | 长久以来 他们千方百计 |
[29:23] | from any one person bringing a gender-discrimination suit, | 不让某个女员工以性别歧视来起诉 |
[29:25] | which means they treated all of them the same. | 也就是说他们对女性一视同仁 |
[29:27] | As a class. | 集体性事件 |
[29:28] | Yeah. And guess how many. | 是的 猜猜有多少人 |
[29:31] | 113 female employees across all 22 divisions. | 来自22个不同部门 113个女性员工 |
[29:35] | You know what they have in common? | 你知道她们有什么共同点吗 |
[29:36] | All denied promotions | 都被拒绝升职的要求 |
[29:37] | due to the fact that they’re women, | 就因为她们是女性 |
[29:38] | not that they’re untalented or pathetic | 而不是因为能力不济 |
[29:41] | or lack the fortitude to excel in their chosen field. | 也不是因为缺少成功的毅力 |
[29:45] | This is a crock of shit. | 这完全是扯淡 |
[29:46] | You didn’t want to settle for 2 million. | 靠两百万和解是痴人说梦 |
[29:48] | You’ll be lucky to settle for 200 million. | 两亿元能搞定已经算谢天谢地了 |
[29:51] | Robert, play all the golf you want. | 罗伯特 尽情享受高尔夫吧 |
[29:52] | Judge Benjamin isn’t gonna get you out of this one. | 这次本杰明法官也帮不了你 |
[30:14] | How we doing today, boys? | 伙计们今天顺利吗 |
[30:17] | Sir, need you to step over here, please. | 先生 请站过来 |
[30:19] | Easy, batman. I left my belt on. | 别紧张 蝙蝠侠 是我的皮带 |
[30:21] | Well, if it’s okay with you, | 好吧 如果可以 |
[30:23] | I’m gonna break out my trusty bat metal detector. | 我要使用我的蝙蝠金属探测器 |
[30:28] | Sir, we need you to raise your arms above your head, please. | 先生 请你双手举过头顶 |
[30:30] | Okay, and I’m gonna need your badge number. | 好的 我要记下你的警徽号 |
[30:33] | How did those get there? | 这东西怎么会在兜里 |
[30:34] | – Sir, this is a weapon. – A weapon? | -先生 这是件武器 -这也算是武器 |
[30:36] | They’re my nail scissors, you asshole. | 这是我的指甲剪 混蛋 |
[30:37] | They’re gold-plated. They cost $2,000. | 是镀金的 花了我两千块钱 |
[30:39] | You’re gonna bring a $2,000 weapon into my courthouse? | 你是打算带着两千美金的武器进法庭吗 |
[30:41] | I’m just saying I don’t know even how they got there. | 我是说我也不知道它怎么会在我口袋里 |
[30:43] | Oh, well, maybe the Riddler put them there. | 也许是谜语人放的[蝙蝠侠的宿敌] |
[30:44] | Okay, that’s very funny. I’m just saying… | 这很好笑 我就是想说… |
[30:45] | Maybe it was, like, a big misunderstanding. | 这一切都是误会 |
[30:47] | You say you don’t know whose those are? | 你是说你不知道这剪刀是谁的 |
[30:48] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no. Okay. I’m sorry. | 不是的 好吧 我错了 |
[30:50] | Okay, let’s just start over. | 我们从头开始 |
[30:52] | I’m just gonna need them back. | 我就想拿回来 |
[30:55] | I’m placing you under arrest | 我现在以偷藏武器 |
[30:56] | for carrying a concealed weapon | 妄图进入纽约法院的罪名 |
[30:57] | into a courthouse in the state of New York. | 对你实施逮捕 |
[30:58] | And for assaulting an officer of the court. | 同时你还袭击了法警 |
[31:00] | – What? – Hey, Eddie. | -什么 -你好 埃迪 |
[31:01] | Hey, Ms. Bennett. Nice to see you again. | 你好班尼特小姐 见到你很高兴 |
[31:03] | – How are Shelly and the kids? – Oh, they’re doing great. | -雪莉和孩子们还好吗 -他们很好 |
[31:05] | You know, I mean– you know, she’s– | 我是说…她很好 |
[31:06] | Yeah. No, they’re doing great. Thanks for asking. | 他们很好 谢谢关心 |
[31:08] | It was her! | 是她干的好事 |
[31:09] | You think I don’t know that? | 你以为我不知道吗 |
[31:20] | I always loved that picture. | 我一直很喜欢这张照片 |
[31:23] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[31:25] | Tryouts for the school play. | 学校舞台剧的试镜照 |
[31:29] | Minnie Mouse. | 演米老鼠米妮 |
[31:31] | I want to talk about the deposition. | 我想谈下取证的事情 |
[31:33] | Rachel, you and I cannot talk about the case. | 瑞秋 我们不能谈论这个案子 |
[31:37] | I said the deposition, not the case. | 我是说取证 不是案件本身 |
[31:38] | I don’t give a shit about the case. | 我不在乎什么案子 |
[31:40] | Then why did you take it? | 那你为什么要接 |
[31:42] | Because you took me out for my birthday | 因为你带我出去过生日 |
[31:44] | and told me you were picking a fight with my family and said, | 却告诉我你要和我公司为敌 |
[31:46] | “Sit it out, little girl. You can’t handle this.” | 还说”别管这事 小姑娘 你管不来的” |
[31:52] | Do you know why I love that picture? | 你知道为什么我喜欢这张照片吗 |
[31:56] | Because I’m still your little girl. | 因为那时我还是你的乖乖女 |
[31:58] | Because you were happy. | 因为你当时很快乐 |
[32:05] | You remember what happened at those tryouts? | 你还记得试镜那天吗 |
[32:08] | Yeah. I didn’t get the part. | 是的 我落选了 |
[32:10] | – And it killed you. – I was a child. | -你很伤心 -我只是个孩子 |
[32:13] | And most children let things go. | 大多数孩子没多久就忘记了 |
[32:17] | But you never tried out for a play again. | 但是你再没去试过镜 |
[32:19] | I did other things. | 我有别的事情可做 |
[32:21] | But why aren’t you doing other things now? | 你现在就没有别的事情可做了吗 |
[32:25] | I am watching you fail | 我眼睁睁看你失败 |
[32:28] | and stall and beat yourself up. | 为此痛苦不堪 |
[32:33] | And it rips me up inside. | 我心如刀割啊 |
[32:37] | I took the LSATs. | 我参加了法学院入学考试 |
[32:40] | I got a 172. | 得了172分 |
[32:44] | When? | 什么时候 |
[32:45] | Six weeks ago. | 六周以前 |
[32:50] | And you’re just telling me now. | 为什么现在才告诉我 |
[32:52] | I didn’t want to hear some joke about your 177. | 我不想听你炫耀你的177分 |
[32:56] | When we were in that room, | 在取证的时候 |
[32:58] | I know you were talking to her, | 我知道你针对的是她 |
[32:59] | but it was like you were aiming everything right at me. | 但感觉却是你说的每句话都是针对的我 |
[33:02] | And then I thought, “You know what? | 之后我明白了 |
[33:04] | Maybe you look at all of us that way.” | 也许你看待所有人都是这样的 |
[33:06] | – Rachel. – Well, we’re not all the same. | -瑞秋 -我和她们不一样 |
[33:09] | And you need to toughen up | 你得小心了 |
[33:10] | because I am not that little girl anymore. | 因为我不再是你的乖乖女了 |
[33:20] | So who’s gonna kneel before Zod now? | 看看现在谁跪在了左得面前啊 |
[33:23] | I’m not kneeling before anybody, | 我不会向任何人屈膝的 |
[33:24] | let alone the person who framed me | 更别说是那个陷害我 |
[33:26] | and put me in this jail cell. | 让我身陷囹圄的人 |
[33:27] | You humiliated me with Judge Mcintyre. | 你让我在麦金太尔法官面前出了丑 |
[33:29] | Oh, please. You did the same thing. | 得了吧 你不也整了我 |
[33:30] | Missing an appearance is different | 我只是让你缺席 |
[33:32] | from looking like a buffoon in open court. | 而你让我在整个法庭面前丢人 |
[33:34] | I gave you a way out, so don’t come crying to me. | 我当时给过你出路 这事儿你不能怨我 |
[33:37] | Rapist, murderer… | 强奸犯 杀人犯… |
[33:40] | These are the kinds of people I’m used to dealing with. | 我习惯了和这些人打交道 |
[33:43] | And you know where they are? | 你知道他们怎么样吗 |
[33:44] | Spending the rest of their lives | 他们要花费整个后半生的时间 |
[33:46] | realizing that I wasn’t just a pretty face. | 才能意识到我不是个花瓶 |
[33:50] | Is that what you think this is about? | 你觉得我整你是因为这个 |
[33:52] | You treated me like shit because I’m a woman. | 就因为我是女的 你才这么对我 |
[33:55] | How dare you? I worship women. | 你凭什么这么说 我崇拜女性 |
[33:57] | My mother, my grandmother– God rest her soul– | 崇拜我妈 我祖母 愿她安息 |
[34:00] | Hillary clinton, Gwen Stefani. | 崇拜希拉里·克林顿 格温·史蒂芬妮 |
[34:04] | Then what the hell is your problem? | 那你是为了什么 |
[34:08] | You took a job from somebody who deserved it more. | 你抢走了别人的饭碗 那人比你更适合 |
[34:13] | I went to resubmit my motion to dismiss. | 我重新提交了撤销案件的动议 |
[34:17] | Turns out Judge Mcintyre already received it… | 麦金太尔法官好像早就收到了 |
[34:21] | From me. | 说是我给他的 |
[34:23] | The client needed it, and you wrote it. | 客户需要 而你又写好了 |
[34:25] | For me to put my signature on it would just be wrong. | 我硬要在上面落痕迹很不合适 |
[34:28] | Well, it worked. | 法官同意了 |
[34:31] | Are you ready to call a truce? | 你准备接受停战吗 |
[34:34] | Are you gonna frame me for murder if I say no? | 如果我不接受 你会用谋杀罪陷害我吗 |
[34:37] | Not as long as you keep these in your own office. | 只要你把这东西放自己办公室里 我就不会 |
[34:48] | Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[34:49] | What a coincidence seeing you here. | 在这里见到你 真巧啊 |
[34:51] | – It’s not a coincidence. – I didn’t think it was. | -一点都不巧 -我也没觉得是 |
[34:53] | I got to give it to your man Harvey. | 你那个哈维还有点本事 |
[34:56] | He comes full throttle. | 气势汹汹啊 |
[34:57] | He has his pros and cons. | 他有他的优点和缺点 |
[34:59] | They all do. | 他们都这样 |
[35:01] | Did you bring your checkbook? | 你带支票簿来了吗 |
[35:02] | – Thank you. – I brought this. | -谢谢 -我带了这个 |
[35:09] | You’re going to decertify our class? | 你要取消我们的集体诉讼案 |
[35:11] | I’m gonna bust it wide open. | 我要把这个全搞开 |
[35:13] | You see, after you brought my daughter to that deposition, | 你让我女儿参与那次取证之后 |
[35:14] | I realized not all women are the same. | 我发现不是所有女人都一样的 |
[35:17] | No way this gets busted up into 113 cases. | 你别想把这个搅成113个独立案子 |
[35:21] | I’d say a minimum of 45. | 要我说最少也有45个了 |
[35:23] | Some you may win, some you may lose. | 有些你能赢 有些你会输 |
[35:25] | All of which are gonna drain your resources. | 但一个案子都会消耗你们的资源 |
[35:28] | You’re threatening me again. | 你又来威胁我了 |
[35:30] | – I have another option. – Which is what? | -我还有另一个选择 -什么 |
[35:33] | I told you– not all women are the same. | 我跟你说了 不是所有女人都一样 |
[35:38] | You got to be kidding me. | 你不是开玩笑吧 |
[35:40] | “Not all women are the same.” What the hell does that mean? | “不是所有女人都一样” 这是什么鬼话 |
[35:43] | He wants to merge. | 他想和我们合并 |
[35:44] | What? | 什么 |
[35:45] | Pearson Zane. | 皮尔逊·赞恩 |
[35:47] | No. No way. I’m not doing that. | 不不 没戏 这我可不干 |
[35:50] | Oh, excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[35:51] | We didn’t fight off Hardman to end up here. | 我们赶走哈德曼可不是为了这个下场 |
[35:53] | Well, you went after the man’s daughter, | 还不是你折腾人家女儿 |
[35:55] | which is what put us here. | 我们才落得这个下场的 |
[35:55] | You told me to cut him off at the knees. | 是你叫我把他得跪地求饶的 |
[35:57] | If you’re gonna go that low to put someone down, | 你要是用那样的手段打到一个人 |
[35:59] | then you better make damn sure that they don’t get back up. | 最好别让他们能再爬起来 |
[36:03] | It doesn’t matter if it’s Robert or not. | 不管是不是罗伯特 |
[36:05] | They’re gonna keep coming. | 他们都会穷追不舍的 |
[36:06] | Until I put your name on the door. | 直到我把你名字加上去是吧 |
[36:08] | That’s not what this is about. | 不是这个意思 |
[36:11] | We can only take these hits for so long. | 我们撑得了一时 撑不了一世 |
[36:14] | Death by a thousand cuts. | 千刀万剐总得死 |
[36:20] | All right. | 好吧 |
[36:21] | Well, if they’re gonna keep coming, | 要是他们继续穷追不舍 |
[36:23] | then we may as well just make it one big brawl. | 那我们不如干脆跟他们大干一场 |
[36:42] | Jessica. What a coincidence. | 杰西卡 真是巧啊 |
[36:45] | Skip it. | 省省吧 |
[36:48] | I’m guessing by your tone | 听你这口气 |
[36:49] | that our merger is off the table? | 合并是没希望了 |
[36:51] | It was never on the table. | 本来也没有希望 |
[36:53] | – What’s this? – A press release. | -这是什么 -新闻稿 |
[36:55] | “Female head of major law firm | 大型事务所女领导 |
[36:57] | “is going to the ends of the earth | 将不惜一切代价 |
[36:59] | to fight 45 cases of gender discrimination.” | 把这45件性别歧视案件进行到底 |
[37:02] | This is bullshit. | 净是些胡扯 |
[37:03] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[37:07] | You’ll cripple your firm. | 这会拖垮你的律所的 |
[37:08] | I would rather lose my firm | 我宁愿失去律所 |
[37:11] | than get married staring down the barrel of a shotgun. | 也不会娶你过来天天威胁我 |
[37:14] | You’re not gonna be able to have my daughter | 你总不能每次取证 |
[37:16] | in every deposition. | 都叫我女儿到场 |
[37:17] | This is 45 cases. | 这可有45件案子呢 |
[37:18] | And it will cost you 45 times the amount | 这样你想要和解 |
[37:21] | that you could settle for right here. | 也得比现在多花上45倍的钱 |
[37:27] | Yeah, I know you. | 我知道你 |
[37:30] | The chess master– you think you’re Bobby Fischer. | 象棋大师 你觉得你自己是鲍比·菲舍尔吗 |
[37:34] | This isn’t chess. It’s dominoes. | 这可不是象棋 这叫多米诺 |
[37:38] | Now, the first case might be tough. | 开头的案子可能会很艰难 |
[37:40] | But after that, | 但那之后 |
[37:42] | one by one… | 一个接一个… |
[37:45] | And when it’s all said and done, | 等一切尘埃落定的时候 |
[37:47] | I’ll be the last one standing, | 我就是笑到最后的那个 |
[37:49] | holding a big, fat check in my hand. | 手握一张丰厚的支票 |
[38:06] | Remind me to get the papers ready | 记得提醒我准备文件 |
[38:08] | for, uh, the deposition tomorrow, the 19th. | 好参加…明天的第19次取证 |
[38:13] | Uh, that would… | 这样… |
[38:16] | Holy shit. | 老天 |
[38:20] | Who the hell did this? | 哪个该死的干的 |
[38:23] | All right, Norma, if you’re gonna keep letting people | 听着 诺玛 你要是再让人这样 |
[38:25] | into this office like this, | 随随便便地进我的办公室 |
[38:27] | then what the hell good are you? | 那我还要你干什么 |
[38:30] | Oh, yeah, wait. | 对了 等等 |
[38:31] | And by the way, remind me to buy socks for next week. | 还有记得提醒我买下周穿的袜子 |
[38:35] | I’m running low. | 快没得穿了 |
[38:45] | I got to admit, | 不得不承认 |
[38:46] | you do look kind of hot as a bad boy. | 你坏小子形象还挺性感的 |
[38:49] | You tell me right now this was not Katrina Bennett, | 告诉我这不是卡特里娜·班尼特干的 |
[38:52] | – ‘Cause this is not a truce. – Oh, please. | -因为这可不叫停战 -拜托 |
[38:53] | Katrina had nothing to do with this. | 卡特里娜跟这没半点关系 |
[38:55] | – Then this was you? – No. | -那是你干的吗 -不是 |
[38:57] | Harvey? | 哈维 |
[39:02] | You’re not lying. | 你没骗我 |
[39:03] | Nope. | 一点没 |
[39:05] | Does this mean that you and I are good? | 这意思是我们之间没事了吗 |
[39:06] | No. | 不是 |
[39:08] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[39:10] | Bye, Louis. | 再见 路易 |
[39:12] | Wait, don’t go. | 等等 别走 |
[39:16] | We’re back! | 我们和好了 |
[39:18] | No, we’re not. | 不 没有 |
[39:20] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[39:33] | I’m dropping the case. | 那案子我放手不管了 |
[39:38] | Why? | 为什么 |
[39:41] | Because I never should have taken it in the first place. | 因为我一开始就不该接手 |
[39:43] | – Dad. – You said it yourself. | -爸 -你也说了 |
[39:46] | I picked a fight with your family, | 我去找你家人的麻烦 |
[39:48] | told you to sit it out, | 还要求你袖手旁观 |
[39:50] | and those aren’t words a man should ever hear from– | 一个男人不该逼自己女儿 |
[39:53] | from his daughter. | 说出这种话来 |
[39:58] | You’re not tough enough? | 你不够坚强了吗 |
[40:00] | Not even close. | 差得远呢 |
[40:05] | Well, we never finished our lunch. | 我们那顿午饭还没吃完呢 |
[40:08] | Tomorrow? | 明天怎么样 |
[40:10] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[40:13] | But we’ll have to pick a new place. | 不过我们得换个地方了 |
[40:16] | I already tried that foie gras of yours. | 我已经尝过你点的那个鹅肝了 |
[40:20] | – You did? – Yep. | -真的吗 -没错 |
[40:23] | And? | 怎么样 |
[40:24] | It tasted like ass. | 简直难以下咽 |
[40:27] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[40:39] | Looks like you guys made up. | 看来你俩和好了 |
[40:41] | It’s a start. | 就算个开始吧 |
[40:43] | I didn’t want to interrupt, | 我没想打扰你们 |
[40:45] | and I know I’m a few days late, | 而且我知道这晚了几天 |
[40:47] | but… | 不过… |
[40:52] | Is that my… | 那是我的… |
[40:53] | Your LSATs score? | 入学考试成绩 |
[40:54] | Yeah. I figured… | 是 我想 |
[40:57] | you shouldn’t keep things like this a secret. | 这种事你不该藏着掖着的 |
[41:01] | Thanks, Mike. | 谢谢你 迈克 |
[41:03] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[41:04] | How did you know it was my birthday? | 你怎么知道那天是我生日 |
[41:08] | Oh, right. I must have told you once. | 对了 肯定以前跟你说过一次 |
[41:11] | You did, yeah. I mean, I forgot. | 是 你说过 我忘了 |
[41:13] | Yeah, this is from Donna. | 是 这是唐娜送的 |
[41:16] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[41:18] | That is exac… | 你就是… |
[41:19] | I just saw that… | 我刚看到… |
[41:21] | Yeah, that’s how fast I am. | 反应就这么快 |
[41:22] | You’re impressed. It’s no big deal. | 打动你了吧 没什么的 |
[41:30] | How did it go down? | 怎么解决的 |
[41:31] | Did you tell him if he puts one of ours in the hospital, | 你跟他说敢惹我的人 |
[41:34] | we put one of his in the morgue? | 我就把你大卸八块吗 |
[41:35] | No, Harvey. I did not quote the Untouchables to the man. | 哈维 我没跟他引用《铁面无私》台词 |
[41:38] | You should’ve, “You stinkin’ Irish pig.” | 你该用的 “你这只蠢猪” |
[41:41] | That’s really funny, | 真逗 |
[41:43] | “You lying member of a no-good…” | “你个没用的撒谎精…” |
[41:46] | Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[41:48] | Oh, I hate to interrupt in the middle | 我没打算打扰你们 |
[41:50] | of a Untouchables quote fest. | 演《铁面无私》 |
[41:51] | Two doors down, they’re doing Steel Magnolias. | 那边隔一个办公室在演《钢木兰》呢 |
[41:53] | You’d fit right in. | 你去肯定特合适 |
[41:54] | I’m more of a beaches man myself. | 我比较喜欢沙滩的 |
[41:56] | I assume you’re here to settle. | 我猜你是来谈和解的 |
[41:58] | I’m afraid not. | 恐怕不是 |
[42:00] | I wanted to tell you that my firm | 我是来通知你 |
[42:02] | has a conflict of interest, | 我的公司有利益冲突 |
[42:04] | so I decided to farm out the case. | 所以我把案子外包了 |
[42:06] | Whose ass are we gonna kick now? | 现在轮到那个倒霉鬼了 |
[42:08] | Actually, an old classmate of mine. | 其实是个我原来的同学 |
[42:12] | Let me guess… | 我猜是… |
[42:14] | Daniel Hardman. | 丹尼尔·哈德曼 |