时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I want to work with you on the pro bono, predatory lending, | 我想和你合作这个无偿案 掠夺性贷款 |
[00:04] | taking advantage of people of color. | 占有色人种的便宜 |
[00:06] | We have 123 plaintiffs | 我们有123个起诉人 |
[00:08] | who were all steered into higher-rate mortgages. | 被操控负担更高的贷款汇率 |
[00:10] | And he’s using fools like you to cover his own ass. | 他用你这样的傻瓜打掩护 |
[00:13] | I would never work for a place that engaged in discrimination, | 我绝不会在一个 有歧视的地方工作 |
[00:15] | and I more than happy to say that on the stand. | 而且我很乐意在法庭上这么说 |
[00:17] | This case isn’t about race or money. | 这个案子无关乎种族或钱 |
[00:20] | The man who heads up this company is a predator, | 掌管这家公司的人是个彻彻底底的掠夺者 |
[00:23] | and your aunt worked for him 25 years ago, | 25年前你姨妈为他工作过 |
[00:25] | made her life a living hell. | 他把她的生活变成了地狱 |
[00:26] | – Because she was black? – Because she was beautiful. | -因为她是黑人吗 -因为她是个美人 |
[00:28] | Your Honor, I would like to introduce this document. | 法官大人 我想提交这个文件 |
[00:31] | Unless he has the actual memo it refers to, | 除非他有文章提到的真实备忘录 |
[00:33] | this article itself is inadmissible. | 否则这篇文章不能采纳 |
[00:35] | The reason that I would like to have entered that article | 我想提交这篇文章的原因 |
[00:37] | is to show that he buried the memo. | 是向法庭显示他把它毁了 |
[00:38] | – That is a lie. – It’s not a lie. | -说谎 -不是说谎 |
[00:40] | I can prove it. | 我能证明 |
[00:41] | He’s calling me to the stand in two days. | 他传唤我两日后出庭 |
[00:42] | Then we need to get you prepared | 我们得帮你准备好 |
[00:43] | – in front of an audience. – A mock trial? | -还需要有观众 -模拟庭审吗 |
[00:45] | I’m not putting Donna through that. | 我不会让唐娜再遭受这种事 |
[00:46] | I’ve been subpoenaed by the Attorney General’s Office. | 首席检察官办公室给我发了传票 |
[00:48] | You are asking me to go personal again. | 你又要我进行人身攻击 |
[00:50] | And I won’t do it. | 我不干 |
[00:52] | I am asking you to protect me again. | 我是在要你再保护我一次 |
[00:55] | And I am telling you it’s okay to do it. | 而且你这么做不是坏事 |
[00:57] | Do you regret putting Harvey over this guy? | 你后悔把哈维置于这个人之上吗 |
[00:59] | I regret putting Harvey over myself. | 我后悔把哈维置于我之上 |
[01:08] | What was wrong with the other one? | 另一条有什么不好 |
[01:09] | What? | 什么 |
[01:10] | That’s the third tie you’ve put on. | 这是你换上的第三条领带了 |
[01:14] | Oh, I just didn’t like how the other two looked. | 我就是不喜欢另外两条 |
[01:16] | Harvey, what’s going on? | 哈维 怎么了 |
[01:17] | I’ve never known you to second- guess yourself before trial. | 我从未见过你在庭审前对自己这么不自信 |
[01:20] | Nothing’s going on. I just needed the right tie. | 没事 我就是需要一条合适的领带 |
[01:23] | Does that maybe have to do with this man | 那会不会和这个人要找 |
[01:26] | coming after Donna? | 唐娜的麻烦有关 |
[01:28] | No, just has to do with the fact | 没有 是因为我得 |
[01:30] | that I have to rely on Louis to prepare my own case. | 靠路易来准备我自己的案子 |
[01:33] | It’s okay that you’re worried about her. | 你担心她也是正常的 |
[01:36] | I don’t feel threatened by you having another woman | 你生命中还有其他你在乎的女人 |
[01:37] | in your life that you care about. | 不让我觉得受威胁 |
[01:39] | In fact, your loyalty is one of the things | 事实上 你的忠诚是我一直 |
[01:40] | I’ve always admired about you. | 欣赏你的地方之一 |
[01:42] | – It is? – Yeah, of course. | -是吗 -当然 |
[01:45] | You’ve felt betrayed at one time or another | 你关心的每一个人 |
[01:46] | by almost every person you’ve ever cared about, | 都曾让你感到过遭受背叛 |
[01:50] | and in spite of that, | 尽管如此 |
[01:51] | you protect them whenever they’re threatened. | 你还是在他们遭受威胁时保护他们 |
[01:53] | Of course I do. Anybody would. | 当然了 谁都会那么做 |
[01:54] | No, not anybody would, but you do, | 不 不是谁都会 但你会 |
[01:58] | and that’s why Donna and all the other people in your life | 所以唐娜和你生命中所有的其他人 |
[02:00] | are lucky to have you. | 能有你都是幸运的 |
[02:03] | Thanks, Paula. | 谢谢 宝拉 |
[02:05] | Good luck today. | 今天好运 |
[02:18] | Alex, wherever you’re going, turn around. | 亚历克斯 不管你要去哪 调头 |
[02:20] | Malik subpoenaed Donna, so it’s all hands on deck. | 马利克传唤了唐娜 所有人都要帮忙 |
[02:22] | And I’d love to help, Harvey, | 我是想帮忙 哈维 |
[02:23] | but I need to get to another deck. | 但我另有事要处理 |
[02:25] | – What happened? – Bratton Gould happened. | -怎么了 -布莱顿·古尔德 |
[02:26] | I thought we took care of them. | 我们不都解决掉他们了吗 |
[02:27] | We took care of Bratton, | 我们是解决了布莱顿 |
[02:28] | and now the other one wants revenge. | 现在另一个要来报仇了 |
[02:30] | – How? – How do you think? | -怎么说 -你觉得呢 |
[02:32] | – Shit, Pfizer. – Yup, Pfizer. | -该死 辉瑞制药 -没错 |
[02:35] | – You need help? – Harvey, if I needed help, | -需要帮忙吗 -哈维 如果我需要帮忙 |
[02:37] | I wouldn’t have landed Pfizer in the first place. | 我当初就拿不到辉瑞制药 |
[02:41] | Alex. | 亚历克斯 |
[02:43] | Go get ’em. | 拿下他们 |
[02:50] | Well, that was the 42nd time we’ve read that. | 我们已经读了42遍了 |
[02:54] | – Have you changed your mind? – Nope. | -你改主意了吗 -没有 |
[02:55] | That boy was stupid for telling Elizabeth | 那男孩当初就不该叫 |
[02:57] | to go away in the first place. | 伊丽莎白去 |
[03:00] | – What are you two reading? – What do you think? | -你们在看什么 -你觉得呢 |
[03:04] | Ah, Elizabeth. | 《伊丽莎白》 |
[03:06] | You know, we got the idea for your middle name from her. | 我们就是因为她才给你起了那个中间名 |
[03:08] | That’s not true. | 才不是的 |
[03:09] | Well, you are just like her | 你确实很像她 |
[03:11] | because she doesn’t let boys tell her what to do either. | 因为她也不许男人告诉她该做什么 |
[03:13] | And she’s also just like her mother. | 而且她也跟她妈妈一样 |
[03:16] | Now, go read over there for a minute. | 去那边看会儿书吧 |
[03:18] | I want to talk to your aunt. | 我想跟你姑姑说说话 |
[03:22] | – That girl is something else. – Don’t I know it? | -那姑娘真不一般 -是吧 |
[03:25] | What’s going on with the guy at work? | 你单位那人怎么样了 |
[03:28] | You don’t need to worry about that, Robbie. | 你不用担心那个 罗伯 |
[03:30] | I can take care of it. | 我能处理好 |
[03:31] | I’m telling you, | 听我的 |
[03:32] | the best way to take care of it | 最好的处理办法 |
[03:33] | is to quietly get yourself transferred | 就是悄悄调职 |
[03:35] | and not make any trouble. | 别惹麻烦 |
[03:37] | Well, that is not who I am, | 我不是那样的人 |
[03:39] | and if you don’t know that by now– | 如果你到现在还不知道… |
[03:40] | Yeah, I know, I know. | 我知道 |
[03:42] | You, Rachel, Elizabeth, and Laura, hell, | 你 瑞秋 伊丽莎白 劳拉 |
[03:45] | a man can’t swing a dead cat around here | 在这里丢只死猫 |
[03:47] | without hitting a strong-willed woman. | 都会砸中个固执的女人 |
[03:55] | – Am I interrupting? – No. | -打扰你了吗 -没有 |
[03:58] | I was just thinking about the case. | 我就是在想案子 |
[04:00] | So was I, and I think I have a way | 我也是 我想我有办法 |
[04:02] | to keep it from getting dismissed. | 让案子不被撤销了 |
[04:04] | All right, let’s hear it. | 说说吧 |
[04:05] | The company says they have protocols in place | 公司说他们有规程 |
[04:07] | to prevent discrimination, but we also know | 来避免歧视 但我们也知道 |
[04:09] | that they have a CEO who takes advantage of women. | 他们有个占女人便宜的执行总裁 |
[04:11] | If you’re talking about Jasmine– | 如果你是在说贾丝敏… |
[04:12] | I’m talking about women. | 我是说所有女人 |
[04:15] | – What’s your point? – My point is, a man | -什么意思 -我的意思是 |
[04:16] | who did what he did to Aunt Jasmine | 能对贾丝敏姑姑做出那种事的男人 |
[04:18] | has done this to other women, which means– | 肯定也这样伤害过别的女人 那么… |
[04:20] | Rachel, that’s not discrimination. | 瑞秋 那不是歧视 |
[04:21] | – That’s harassment. – No, Dad, it’s treating | -那是骚扰 -不 爸爸 |
[04:22] | a group of people differently, | 那是区别对待一群人 |
[04:23] | which is the definition of discrimination. | 这就是歧视的定义 |
[04:26] | And it sets the stage for us to argue a pattern. | 这容许我们抗辩有规律可循 |
[04:30] | Then I guess we need to find someone | 看来我们得去找个 |
[04:31] | he’s done this to before. | 他也这么对待过的人了 |
[04:33] | That’s the thing. | 就是这样 |
[04:34] | I think I already have. | 我可能已经找到了 |
[04:42] | Is it time? I’ll be there in five minutes. | 时候到了吗 我五分钟后就到 |
[04:44] | I just need a second to gather myself. | 我需要点时间整理自己 |
[04:46] | You can take all the time you need | 随你吧 |
[04:47] | because we’re not doing this trial. | 我们不做模拟庭审了 |
[04:48] | Louis, what the hell are you talking about? | 路易 你说什么呢 |
[04:50] | Malik’s gonna come after me on that stand, | 马利克会在证人席上对我穷追猛打 |
[04:52] | and you’re supposed to get me ready. | 你要为我做准备的 |
[04:53] | That’s what I’m saying. | 我就是这意思 |
[04:54] | You’re not gonna have to get up on that stand at all. | 你根本不需要去作证 |
[04:55] | What’s going on here? | 怎么了 |
[04:57] | We got a library full of people waiting for you two. | 一图书馆的人都在等你们呢 |
[04:59] | I was just about to come down there, | 我正要过去 |
[05:00] | and now Louis is trying to tell me | 但路易告诉我 |
[05:01] | that I don’t have to go up against Malik. | 不需要我面对马利克了 |
[05:03] | Louis, the judge issued a subpoena. | 路易 法官发传召令了 |
[05:04] | She’s got to take the stand. | 她必须作证 |
[05:06] | No, she doesn’t. Don’t you see? | 她不需要 你还不懂吗 |
[05:07] | You worked in the DA’s office. She was your secretary. | 你曾在地检官办公室工作 而她是你的秘书 |
[05:10] | And you both worked on the Clifford Danner case. | 你们都办了克利福德·丹纳的案子 |
[05:13] | Holy shit, it’s work product. | 我去 这是工作成果 |
[05:14] | It’s covered under privilege. Louis, you’re a genius. | 这是受保密保护的 路易 你是个天才 |
[05:18] | Let’s go clear out that library. | 我们去让图书馆的人走吧 |
[05:19] | Hold on a second. | 等等 |
[05:21] | The whole point of doing a mock trial is to prepare me. | 进行模拟庭审就是为了让我做准备 |
[05:23] | What’s the downside of still doing that | 万一这招不好使 |
[05:24] | in case this doesn’t work? | 那么有备无患有什么坏处呢 |
[05:26] | The downside is that I won’t have enough time | 坏处是 我就没有足够的时间 |
[05:27] | to prepare the argument for court. | 为上庭准备辩据 |
[05:29] | – I don’t see how that– – Harvey, do I need to tell you | -我不懂 -哈维 我需要告诉你 |
[05:31] | that when I’m finished, you can’t be the one to make it? | 等我做完之后 要上庭用的人也不是你吗 |
[05:33] | – No, you don’t. – Why not? | -不需要 -什么意思 |
[05:34] | Because Malik’s trying to make this case about me, | 马利克是想拿这个案子针对我 |
[05:36] | which means the more we can have Mike talk, the better. | 所以要尽量让迈克开口 |
[05:45] | *See the money, wanna stay for your meal* | *看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭* |
[05:48] | *Get another piece of pie for your wife* | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[05:52] | *Everybody wanna know how it feel* | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[05:55] | *Everybody wanna see what it’s like* | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[05:59] | *I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind* | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[06:02] | *Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money* | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[06:06] | *All right* | *好了* |
[06:07] | *All step back, I’m ’bout to dance* | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[06:13] | *The greenback boogie* | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[06:18] | Hey, what’s going on? Where are they? | 怎么回事 他们人呢 |
[06:20] | It doesn’t matter. The mock trial’s off. | 无所谓 模拟庭审取消了 |
[06:22] | – What do you mean it’s off? – Louis came up | -取消是什么意思 -路易提出 |
[06:23] | with a work product exemption argument. | 一个工作成果豁免论点 |
[06:25] | Donna doesn’t have to testify at all. | 唐娜压根不用出庭出证 |
[06:27] | You got the judge to agree to that already? | 法官已经准许了吗 |
[06:28] | He didn’t agree. Louis is gonna work on it, | 他没批准 路易在想办法 |
[06:30] | and you’re gonna argue it, | 到时候你来做辩护 |
[06:31] | so why don’t you get down to his office and get busy? | 所以你赶紧去办公室忙起来 |
[06:32] | Harvey, that’s a great plan, but are you sure | 哈维 这个计划很好 但是 |
[06:34] | we’re not skipping this just to save Donna | 你确定我们不做这事不是只是 |
[06:36] | embarrassment in front of the firm? | 为了不让唐娜在公司出糗吗 |
[06:37] | No, Mike, we’re skipping this thing to stop | 不是 迈克 我们不做这个是要 |
[06:39] | that asshole from going after her in open court. | 阻止那混蛋在法庭上难为她 |
[06:41] | I get that. It’s just that when someone is special to you, | 这我知道 只是当你很在意某人时 |
[06:44] | it can…mess up your judgment. | 你的判断会…出现偏差 |
[06:46] | And when I want your advice on my personal life, | 等我需要你对我的私生活发表意见时 |
[06:48] | I’ll ask for it, so unless you think you can’t handle it | 我会告诉你 所以除非你觉得你处理不了 |
[06:52] | and I have to tell Louis to do it– | 那我就得让路易去做… |
[06:53] | I can handle it, Harvey. | 我能处理好 哈维 |
[06:54] | Then walk yourself down to Louis’ office and get ready | 那就赶快去路易办公室忙起来 |
[06:57] | because we’re shutting this son of a bitch down today. | 因为我们今天就要搞定这个混蛋 |
[07:06] | Hey, Shelley, is he in? | 你好 雪莉 他在吗 |
[07:07] | Never mind, I’ll just go see for myself. | 算了 我自己去瞧瞧 |
[07:09] | Alex, wait. Is he expecting you? | 亚历克斯 等等 他和你有约吗 |
[07:11] | I sure as shit hope not. | 我可不想有 |
[07:12] | Did you really think I was gonna let you | 你当真觉得我会让你 |
[07:13] | get away with poaching my client? | 把我的客户挖走吗 |
[07:15] | I didn’t think anything, and I’m not poaching anyone | 我没盘算什么 也没想挖人 |
[07:19] | because we signed an agreement not to touch | 因为我们有协议在先 |
[07:20] | any of your precious clients with a 10-foot pole. | 我绝不会想去碰你宝贵客户的 |
[07:23] | No, you just happened to manufacture a hostile takeover | 不 你只是碰巧要对我最大的客户 |
[07:25] | of my biggest client. | 进行恶意收购 |
[07:26] | I have a legal obligation to assist my client | 我的客户做的任何决定 |
[07:29] | in whatever decisions they make, | 我都有法律义务予以协助 |
[07:30] | and if that obligation happens to result in me | 如果这种义务碰巧让我不小心 |
[07:32] | drinking your milkshake, | 喝到了你的奶昔 |
[07:34] | well, that’s just a side benefit. | 只是附带的好处罢了 |
[07:36] | Well, while you’re drinking that shake, choke on this. | 在你喝那杯奶昔时 等着被噎着吧 |
[07:39] | My client is suing yours for unfair business practices, | 我的客户要以不正当经销手段起诉你 |
[07:42] | and there’s no way the FTC lets a company suing their competitor | 联邦贸易委员会是不会让一家起诉 |
[07:45] | get acquired by that competitor. | 某对手的公司被该对手收购的 |
[07:47] | In that case, you better be ready to file another one | 这样的话 你最好再弄一份文件 |
[07:49] | because this thing is gonna get tossed | 因为这份文件在你回到你的 |
[07:51] | before you get back to your little office. | 小办公室前就会被扔掉 |
[07:53] | I’m ready, Eli, and in case you forgot, | 我准备好了 伊莱 我提醒你 |
[07:56] | the last time one of you two went up against me, | 上次你们俩其中一个和我对着干 |
[07:58] | his name was Tommy Bratton, | 他叫汤米·布莱顿 |
[07:59] | and I don’t know if you noticed, he doesn’t work here anymore. | 不知道你注意到没 他已经不在这工作了 |
[08:07] | At first, I tried to laugh it off, | 起初 我试着一笑而过 |
[08:09] | but Arthur kept hitting on me, so I told him | 但是亚瑟不停勾引我 所以我告诉他 |
[08:11] | I wasn’t interested and asked him to stop. | 我不感兴趣 让他停手 |
[08:13] | – And did he? – No, he didn’t. | -他停手了吗 -不 他没有 |
[08:15] | Finally I didn’t get a promotion that I’d been promised. | 最终 我没有得到他许诺的升职 |
[08:19] | He said it was because of poor performance reviews. | 他说是因为我的绩效审核结果不好 |
[08:21] | Which you understood to mean | 你的理解是 |
[08:22] | that you wouldn’t sleep with him. | 你不肯和他上床 |
[08:24] | Yes. When I accused him of that, | 没错 当我如此质问他时 |
[08:26] | he said if I brought it up again, I would lose my job. | 他说如果我再提起这件事 他就解雇我 |
[08:28] | Six weeks later, I was fired anyway. | 六周后 我还是被解雇了 |
[08:30] | Arthur Kittredge made my life a living hell. | 亚瑟·基特里奇让我的生活一团糟 |
[08:34] | Your Honor, the prosecution calls | 法官大人 控方传唤 |
[08:36] | Donna Paulsen to the stand. | 唐娜·鲍尔森上庭 |
[08:37] | Your Honor, I move to have that witness disallowed. | 法官大人 我请求证人不得出席 |
[08:39] | On what grounds? | 理由是什么 |
[08:40] | On the grounds that he’s only calling the witness | 理由就是他之所以要传唤证人 |
[08:41] | because he has a personal ax to grind. | 是因为他另有所图 |
[08:43] | Your Honor, we vehemently deny these accusations, | 法官大人 我们强烈否认这些指控 |
[08:46] | but it doesn’t matter | 但是这不重要 |
[08:46] | because what they’re claiming isn’t discrimination. | 因为他们所说的并不是歧视 |
[08:48] | It turned into discrimination the second Arthur Kittredge | 因为她不肯和他上床 亚瑟·基特里奇 |
[08:51] | passed her over for a promotion | 就没给她升职机会 |
[08:52] | because she wouldn’t sleep with him. | 这就是歧视 |
[08:53] | That’s outrageous and inflammatory, | 这既过分又惹人气愤 |
[08:55] | and even if it were true, what does any of it have to do | 即使这是事实 这和公司如何决定 |
[08:57] | with how a company determines who gets what mortgage rate? | 谁得到抵押贷款利率又有什么关系呢 |
[08:59] | I’m trying to explain to the court | 我在试图向法庭解释 |
[09:00] | why you’d call a witness whose testimony is privileged. | 你为什么要传唤一个证词需要保密的证人 |
[09:03] | How exactly is it privileged? | 为什么要保密 |
[09:04] | Because it’s work product, on a case, by the way, | 因为它是某个案子的工作成果 而且这是 |
[09:06] | that made Harvey Specter’s name instead of yours, | 哈维·斯佩克特而不是你名声在外的原因 |
[09:08] | and now you’re trying to use it to smear his reputation. | 现在你们想用它来诽谤他的名誉 |
[09:10] | Your Honor, Clifford Danner has nothing to do | 法官大人 克利福德·丹纳和埃尔蒙特投资 |
[09:12] | with Elmont Investments. | 一点关系都没有 |
[09:13] | Donna Paulsen’s work on it is covered under privilege, | 唐娜·鲍尔森处理这个案子受到保密协议 |
[09:16] | and this entire case should be thrown out right now. | 这整个案子现在就应该结束 |
[09:18] | And if you’ll pardon my French, | 请原谅我说脏话 |
[09:19] | that is the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard. | 这是我听到的最胡扯的话 |
[09:22] | You can think whatever you want, Counselor, | 你怎么想是你的事 律师 |
[09:23] | but the 12th Circuit in California felt differently. | 但是加州第12巡回法庭不这么看 |
[09:26] | Your Honor, we have precedent. We have testimony. | 法官大人 我们有先例 我们有证词 |
[09:29] | – And we have a pattern. – Ms. Sonowski. | -我们有犯罪模式 -斯诺思琪女士 |
[09:31] | If there is a culture of discrimination | 如果你们公司里有 |
[09:33] | within your company, | 歧视文化 |
[09:34] | the CEO is a reasonable person to ask about it. | 执行总裁理应接受询问 |
[09:36] | Mr. Kittredge will submit to a deposition in the next 24 hours. | 24小时内对基特里奇先生进行取证 |
[09:41] | Your Honor, the only reputation | 法官大人 现在名声被 |
[09:42] | being smeared here is mine, | 抹黑的人只有我 |
[09:44] | but more importantly, I agree. | 但更重要的是 我同意 |
[09:45] | Clifford Danner has nothing to do with this. | 克利福德·丹纳和此案无关 |
[09:47] | In fact, if anything even remotely resembling | 事实上 如果有类似的名字 |
[09:50] | that name comes out of my mouth, | 从我嘴里冒出 |
[09:51] | feel free to hold me in contempt, but in the meantime, | 尽管告我藐视法庭 但如此同时 |
[09:53] | unless the defense would like to bring up | 除非被告想提问 |
[09:55] | what I had for lunch in the third grade, | 我三年级时午餐吃了什么 |
[09:56] | I’d like to call my witness. | 我得传唤我的证人了 |
[09:59] | Your Honor– | 法官大人… |
[10:01] | Ms. Paulsen, please take the stand. | 保尔森女士 请上证人席 |
[10:12] | Ms. Paulsen, could you please state your employment history | 保尔森女士 你在当法律秘书之前 |
[10:15] | prior to becoming a legal secretary? | 所从事的是什么职业 |
[10:17] | I was an actress. | 我是个演员 |
[10:18] | And were you able to make a living at that? | 你能靠演戏养活自己吗 |
[10:19] | No, I worked as a waitress to supplement my income, | 不 我当服务员来增加收入 |
[10:22] | but I don’t see what that has– | 但我不知道这些事… |
[10:23] | And how much do you make now, Ms. Paulsen? | 你现在收入多少 保尔森女士 |
[10:25] | – Somewhere in the six figures? – Yes. | -六位数薪资 -没错 |
[10:28] | That’s quite an improvement on minimum wage plus tips, | 这和起保底工资加小费相比天差地别 |
[10:30] | – wouldn’t you say? – What can I say? | -你说是不是 -我能怎么说 |
[10:32] | I’m very good at what I do. | 我现在工作做的很出色 |
[10:33] | And was shredding a document related | 粉碎公司几年前接的 |
[10:35] | to the Coastal Motors Case that your firm tried years ago | 科斯特尔汽车公司案的相关文件 |
[10:37] | one of the things that you were good at doing? | 也是你所擅长的工作之一吗 |
[10:40] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[10:41] | How the hell does he know about that? | 他是怎么知道的 |
[10:42] | Doesn’t matter. He knows. | 不重要了 他已经知道了 |
[10:43] | Ms. Paulsen, I’ll ask you again. | 保尔森女士 我再问一次 |
[10:44] | Did you destroy evidence on that case? | 你是否销毁了那个案子的证据 |
[10:45] | And I’ll remind you that you’re under oath. | 我要提醒你你宣誓了 |
[10:47] | Objection. The document he’s referring to was fake. | 反对 他提到的文件是假的 |
[10:49] | It’s not illegal to get rid of fraudulent documents. | 销毁虚假文件并不犯法 |
[10:52] | Did she know that when she destroyed it? | 她毁掉证据时知道那是伪造的吗 |
[10:53] | It doesn’t matter, so unless he plans | 这不重要 除非他打算因为 |
[10:54] | to prosecute the witness for doing her job– | 证人做本职工作而起诉她… |
[10:56] | I plan to ask the witness questions. | 我的打算是询问证人 |
[10:57] | I’d like the chance to do that. | 希望我能有这个机会 |
[10:58] | – Your Honor– – Mr. Specter, back off. | -法官大人… -斯佩克特先生 请安静 |
[11:00] | The witness will answer the question. | 由证人来回答问题 |
[11:05] | – Yes, I shredded the file. – At your boss’ request. | -是 我销毁了文件 -你的上司要你这样做 |
[11:07] | – No. – Ms. Paulsen, were you fired | -不 -鲍尔森女士 你是否 |
[11:08] | during the Coastal Motors trial | 在科斯特尔汽车一案期间被解雇 |
[11:09] | and then rehired one week later? | 并在一周后恢复原职 |
[11:11] | – Yes, but I– – And since then, | -是 但是… -此后 |
[11:12] | you’ve become your firm’s chief operating officer, | 你成为了事务所的首席运营官 |
[11:14] | but you’re not a lawyer, are you? | 但你并不是律师出身 对吧 |
[11:16] | You don’t need to be a lawyer to be a COO. | 当首席运营官不需要律师出身 |
[11:17] | – And do you have an MBA? – No, I don’t. | -你有工商管理硕士学位吧 -没有 |
[11:19] | Of course you don’t. | 当然没有 |
[11:20] | All you have is a bachelor’s in theater, | 你只有戏剧学的学士学位 |
[11:22] | and you were a part-time waitress, part-time actress | 你成为一名律师秘书之前 |
[11:24] | when you quit to become a legal secretary, | 是一名演员 还兼职做服务员 |
[11:25] | which is what you were until Harvey Specter | 你一直在做这项工作 直到哈维·斯佩克特 |
[11:27] | made you COO overnight. | 一夜之间让你当上了首席运营官 |
[11:29] | Tell me, do you have any of the qualifications | 告诉我 你有这个职位通常所需要的 |
[11:31] | normally required for that position? | 任何资格证书吗 |
[11:32] | I have been at the firm longer than anyone. | 我在这家事务所的时间比任何人都长 |
[11:35] | I know how it works– | 我知道它是怎样运营的… |
[11:36] | Oh, so do I, by breaking the law | 我也知道 不过是 |
[11:37] | and then rewarding the people that do. | 让某些人犯点法 然后再奖励那些人 |
[11:38] | That’s a lie! | 这是扯谎 |
[11:39] | Well, then how did you get your promotion? | 那你是怎样升职的 |
[11:40] | Because there’s only two ways I can think of | 既然你不够格 我只想到了两种方法 |
[11:42] | when you’re not qualified, and they’re both pretty distasteful. | 这两种方法可都拿不上台面 |
[11:44] | Objection! That’s inflammatory. | 反对 这是有意煽动 |
[11:45] | Answer the question. | 请回答问题 |
[11:47] | I’ll tell you how I got it. I asked for it. | 我来告诉你吧 是我自己要求升职的 |
[11:51] | You asked for it? | 是你要求的 |
[11:54] | You know, if that’s all it takes, | 如果只是开口要求就可以 |
[11:55] | maybe I should ask Mr. Specter for a pony, | 那我或许应该管斯佩克特先生要一匹小马 |
[11:57] | except I don’t think that’s all it takes. | 但我可不觉得有这么简单 |
[11:59] | I think it takes destroying evidence, getting fake fired, | 我觉得这需要你销毁证据 假装被解雇 |
[12:01] | and a little acting ability to pull it off. | 然后再演一出戏 让一切圆满结束 |
[12:03] | – Your Honor, he’s testifying! – Yeah, well, | -法官大人 他在自证 -那我就 |
[12:04] | then I’ll wrap it up because | 到此为止了 |
[12:05] | if she was willing to destroy evidence in that case, | 如果她在那件案子中愿意销毁证据 |
[12:07] | she’s willing to do it in this one, | 她在这件案子中也会愿意 |
[12:08] | and that is why the memo referred to | 所以那篇文章里提到的备忘 |
[12:10] | in that article no longer exists. | 已经不见了 |
[12:12] | – Your Honor– – I’ve heard enough. | -法官大人… -够了 |
[12:14] | This case is moving forward, | 案子继续进行 |
[12:15] | and I’m allowing that article to be admitted as evidence. | 那篇文章可以被采纳为证据 |
[12:27] | Jasmine, I told you the best way to handle this was quietly. | 贾丝敏 我跟你说过最好私下解决 |
[12:30] | And I told you | 而我跟你说过 |
[12:31] | that man deserves to be exposed for what he is. | 那个人道德败坏 理应被揭发 |
[12:33] | You think I don’t know that? | 你以为我不知道吗 |
[12:34] | Then why won’t you take my case? | 那你为什么不接我的案子 |
[12:35] | Because what people deserve and what they get | 因为人们活该怎么样和最后的结果 |
[12:37] | – aren’t the same thing. – And what happened | -不是一回事 -那个说过 |
[12:39] | to the big brother who said he’d always protect me? | 要永远保护我的大哥哪去了 |
[12:41] | I’ll tell you what happened. | 我来告诉你怎么回事 |
[12:41] | You told him you were gonna handle this your way. | 你说过这件事要按你的方式解决 |
[12:44] | No. You won’t do this because you’re worried | 不 你不肯这样做是因为害怕 |
[12:47] | how it’ll look to your bosses at that fancy law firm. | 得罪你在那家厉害的事务所里的老板 |
[12:49] | So what if I am? | 如果真是这样呢 |
[12:50] | I worked my whole life to get into Harvard Law, | 我拼命努力工作才进了哈佛法学院 |
[12:52] | and then I got hired at the kind of place | 那种地方是不会招你我这种人的 |
[12:53] | that doesn’t hire people like you and me. | 但他们招了我 |
[12:55] | I got my toe in a door that’s usually slammed in our faces, | 我挤进了一扇本该摔在我脸上的门 |
[12:57] | and if I take a case like this out the gate, | 但我要是像疯了一样接下这个案子 |
[12:59] | they’ll let me go in a heartbeat. | 他们立刻就会让我走人 |
[13:01] | Maybe they will, but if you ask me– | 或许吧 但要我说… |
[13:02] | I’m not asking you, Jasmine, | 我没要你说 贾丝敏 |
[13:04] | but you’re asking me to risk | 但你在要我为了一个不可能 |
[13:06] | everything for a case that I can’t win. | 赢的案子赌上一切 |
[13:08] | No, Robbie, I asked you to do this | 不 罗伯 我要你这样做 |
[13:11] | because that man shattered my life, | 是因为那个人毁了我的生活 |
[13:14] | and I don’t know how I’m gonna pick myself up, | 我都不知道该怎么振作起来 |
[13:16] | but I thought at least I could do this | 但我以为至少可以对簿公堂 |
[13:17] | knowing that you had my back. | 因为有你支持我 |
[13:20] | Jasmine. | 贾丝敏 |
[13:21] | You just make sure you get your foot | 你就让自己顺顺当当进那扇门 |
[13:22] | all the way in that goddamn door. | 然后一路高升吧 |
[13:34] | – Harvey. – I know what you’re gonna say, | -哈维 -我知道你要说什么 |
[13:36] | that we should have had the mock trial. | 我们本该举行模拟庭审的 |
[13:37] | Well, I don’t want to hear it. | 我不想听见这句话 |
[13:38] | I wasn’t gonna say that, Harvey. I was gonna say | 我没想这么说 哈维 我要说的是 |
[13:39] | that if he puts her on the stand again | 如果他再让她出庭作证 |
[13:41] | – in front of that jury– – It’s gonna look even worse | -面对同样一个陪审团… -那就要看上去 |
[13:42] | – than it did just now? – Jenna– | -比刚才还糟 -詹妮… |
[13:44] | You’re not gonna talk your way out of this. | 你别想凭花言巧语逃避这件事 |
[13:45] | The last time we were in there, | 上次我们在那儿的时候 |
[13:46] | you said when it was over, we’d win. | 你说过等这一切结束 我们就赢了 |
[13:48] | Well, instead of us winning, he gets to use a memo | 现在不仅赢不了 他还要用一份 |
[13:50] | that doesn’t even exist. | 根本不存在的备忘录 |
[13:51] | Not that doesn’t exist, that you didn’t write. | 不是不存在 是你根本没写 |
[13:54] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[13:55] | I think what Harvey’s saying is that Malik put the squeeze | 我觉得哈维说的是马利克对你公司的 |
[13:57] | on someone in your company, | 某个人施加了压力 |
[13:58] | and to get him off their back, they went to the newspaper | 为了摆脱他 他们就去跟报社说 |
[14:01] | and said there was a memo that you wrote. | 你写过一份备忘 |
[14:02] | Even if that’s true, | 就算那是真的 |
[14:03] | you’re never gonna find out who wrote it. | 你也永远别想找出是谁写的 |
[14:05] | Then instead of starting with the person | 那就不从给报社提供信息的人入手 |
[14:07] | who gave it to the paper, | 我们就从 |
[14:09] | we’re gonna start with the person they gave it to. | 收到这个备忘录的人入手 |
[14:17] | – Louis, hey. – Don’t “Hey” Me. | -你好 路易 -别跟我说你好 |
[14:19] | I want to know why I went down to the bullpen | 我想知道为什么我去大办公室 |
[14:21] | and I was told by own associates that they can’t get to my case | 却被告知我自己的律师没法接我的案子 |
[14:23] | because every one of them is busy working for you. | 因为他们都在忙着给你干活 |
[14:26] | Because Eli Gould is coming after Pfizer. | 因为伊莱·古尔德盯上辉瑞制药了 |
[14:29] | Shit, that’s your biggest client. | 糟了 那可是你最大的客户 |
[14:30] | – I know. – When’d you figure that out? | -我知道 -你什么时候发现的 |
[14:31] | Last night when I saw this. | 昨晚看到这个的时候 |
[14:36] | If I’m reading this right, | 如果我没看错 |
[14:36] | you have about 36 hours till they go to the board. | 在他们去找董事会之前 你还有36小时 |
[14:38] | 48. I filed my first suit this morning and gave Eli | 是48小时 我今早提出了第一份诉讼 |
[14:41] | a song and dance about the FTC, | 让伊莱先跟联邦贸易委员会周旋一会儿 |
[14:42] | but he’s no fool, and all that does is buy us time. | 但他不傻 我这样做只能争取一点时间 |
[14:45] | Well, then you take all the associates you need, | 你要多少律师就拿多少吧 |
[14:47] | ’cause we’re gonna do whatever it takes | 因为我们要尽自己所能 |
[14:48] | to protect our client. | 保护委托人 |
[14:50] | We? | 我们 |
[14:50] | Alex, I told you, you’re family, | 亚历克斯 我说过你就像家人一样 |
[14:52] | and there’s no way I’m letting | 我绝不会让 |
[14:53] | Elias Douchebag Gould hurt my family. | 伊莱亚斯·混蛋古尔德伤害我的家人 |
[15:06] | George Clark? I’m Mike Ross. | 乔治·克拉克 我是迈克·罗斯 |
[15:10] | Oh, the guy David wrote that article about. | 就是大卫那篇文章里的人 |
[15:12] | And I’m the guy that’s gonna sue you for defamation | 而我要以诽谤罪起诉你 |
[15:14] | unless you help us out. | 除非你帮我们一把 |
[15:15] | And why would I help someone out | 为什么我要帮助 |
[15:17] | who’s threatening me? | 威胁我的人 |
[15:17] | I’m not threatening. I’m promising. | 我不是威胁你 我是在跟你打包票 |
[15:19] | Because you ran a story about a memo | 因为你登载了一篇关于备忘录的报导 |
[15:21] | that my client supposedly wrote | 声称是我客户所写 |
[15:23] | that you didn’t even give her a chance to refute. | 甚至不给她机会反驳 |
[15:24] | I didn’t need to give her a chance; I had verification. | 我不需要给她机会 我核实过 |
[15:27] | From who? | 向谁核实 |
[15:28] | That’s what this is about. You want my source. | 这就是你们的目的 想知道我的消息源 |
[15:30] | You’re damn right we do. | 你说对了 |
[15:31] | And you know, I do that, and I’ll never get another one. | 我要是说了那在这行就再也混不下去了 |
[15:33] | And we prove that memo’s fake, you’ll be lucky getting a job | 等我们证明那便条是假的以后 你能给 |
[15:36] | doing movie reviews for “The Potomac News” | 波托马克新闻报写影评就该谢天谢地了 |
[15:39] | because that article doesn’t just imply my client’s guilty. | 因为那报道不仅暗指我客户有罪 |
[15:42] | It implies that I buried the damn thing. | 还暗指我包庇此事 |
[15:44] | Well, considering the nature of my source, you probably did. | 鉴于消息源的高可信度 你八成包庇了 |
[15:47] | What did you just say? | 你刚说什么 |
[15:48] | I didn’t get it from Elmont Investments. | 不是埃尔蒙特投资告诉我的 |
[15:50] | I got it from somebody who knows you. | 而是认识你的人告诉我的 |
[15:51] | – Bullshit. That’s not possible. – Knows him or works with him? | -胡说 不可能 -是认识他的人还是同事 |
[15:54] | The person who gave it to me | 给我消息的人 |
[15:55] | had a working relationship with both of you. | 曾和你们是同事 |
[15:57] | As far as I’m concerned, that’s verification, | 依我来看 这便是实证 |
[15:59] | and if that’s not good enough for you, | 如果你们还觉得不够的话 |
[16:00] | then you go ahead and sue me | 那请立刻起诉我 |
[16:01] | because that’s all I’m gonna say. | 我要说的就这么多 |
[16:12] | There you are. Where’s the food? | 你来了 外卖呢 |
[16:14] | I was thinking we could go out to dinner | 我想我们可以出去吃 |
[16:15] | instead of working through. | 休息会儿再工作 |
[16:17] | No. Rachel, we only get one shot at this. | 不 瑞秋 我们只有一次机会 |
[16:19] | We need to be ready. We can’t go out. | 我们得做好充分准备 不能离开 |
[16:21] | We’re preparing for this deposition. | 我们正在准备取证 |
[16:23] | And what if I told you that we don’t have to do | 如果我说我们根本 |
[16:24] | a deposition at all? | 不必取证呢 |
[16:29] | A settlement offer? You got to be kidding me. | 和解条款 你在开什么玩笑 |
[16:31] | Dad, the terms are good. | 爸 这些条款还算合情合理 |
[16:32] | I don’t care how good they are. | 我不在乎 |
[16:33] | Once I get that bastard in the room, they’re gonna get better, | 只要我和那混蛋面谈 这些条款会更合理 |
[16:36] | and they only came to you with this | 而他们却只和你接触谈论和解 |
[16:37] | because they knew I’d tell them to kiss my ass. | 是因为他们深知我根本不屑一顾 |
[16:40] | Except they didn’t come to me. I went to them. | 不是他们来找我协商 而是我找他们 |
[16:42] | What? You goddamn undercut me? | 什么 你竟敢出卖我 |
[16:46] | I didn’t undercut you. I negotiated a deal | 我没有出卖你 而是去谈一桩交易 |
[16:49] | because I am worried | 因为我很担心 |
[16:51] | about what’ll happen if you get in that room. | 你去面谈后会发生不好的事 |
[16:54] | What did you just say to me? | 你刚对我说什么 |
[16:55] | You couldn’t keep it together with a loan officer. | 你在信贷员面前都无法自控 |
[16:57] | How’s it gonna go when you’re face-to-face | 那要是你和曾伤害过你妹妹的人面对面 |
[16:58] | with the man that hurt your sister? | 到时会变成怎样的局面 |
[17:00] | I’ll tell you how. I’m gonna crack that man wide open. | 我来告诉你 我会让他乖乖招供 |
[17:02] | Or you’ll lose your shit and we’ll get nothing. | 亦或是你失控 我们一无所得 |
[17:04] | Oh, you don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你都不知道你在说什么 |
[17:10] | Dad, I once convinced a man to put his life on the line | 爸 我曾说服某个人去冒一次风险 |
[17:14] | instead of taking an offer because I believed we could win, | 而不是接受条款 因为我相信我们会赢 |
[17:18] | and I’m telling you, I don’t think we can. | 而我现在要告诉你 我不认为我们能赢 |
[17:22] | Rachel, I took the coward’s way out once before. | 瑞秋 我曾选择当一名懦夫 |
[17:27] | I can’t do it again, and I’d rather take my shot | 我不能重蹈覆辙 我宁可拼一下 |
[17:30] | and go down swinging than walk away from the ring. | 也不愿畏而却步 至少虽败犹荣 |
[17:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:36] | Then we’ll do it your way. | 那就按你说的办 |
[17:39] | But on one condition. | 但有一个条件 |
[17:41] | You’re not taking the shot. | 险中求胜的人不是你 |
[17:43] | I am. | 得是我 |
[17:51] | Donna, hey, how’d it go in court? | 唐娜 庭上的事顺利吗 |
[17:53] | I would have asked you earlier, but I had a ton of doc review. | 我本应早点问 但我有一堆文档要审查 |
[17:55] | I really don’t want to talk about it right now, Louis. | 路易 我现在真的不想谈这件事 |
[17:59] | Okay. What happened? | 好吧 发生了什么 |
[18:00] | Because obviously something’s wrong, | 很明显有什么地方不对劲 |
[18:02] | and I’m your friend, so I’m here for you. | 我是你的朋友 我随时愿意帮你 |
[18:03] | – Bullshit you’re here for me. – What? | -去你的愿意帮我 -什么 |
[18:06] | – I asked you to protect me, but all you did was protect yourself | -我曾让你保护我 但你只保护了自己 |
[18:09] | because you didn’t want to ask me | 因为你不想问那些 |
[18:10] | the same kinds of questions that Malik did. | 马利克问我的问题 |
[18:12] | What do you mean that Malik did? | 马利克问你的问题是什么意思 |
[18:13] | All Mike needed to do was– | 迈克需要做的只不过是… |
[18:14] | He didn’t ask me about Clifford Danner. | 他没有问我克利福德·沃特金斯的事 |
[18:16] | He asked me about Coastal Motors. | 而是问科斯特尔汽车公司 |
[18:18] | – Oh, my God, the memo. – Yeah, the memo. | -天呐 那便条 -对 便条 |
[18:20] | And then he put me on that stand, | 然后他让我出庭作证 |
[18:21] | and he came after me just like I was afraid he would. | 对我步步紧逼 正如我所担心的 |
[18:23] | Donna, there was no way we could have seen that coming. | 唐娜 谁也无法预料到事情会如此发展 |
[18:25] | What we could have seen coming was, if he got me up there, | 我们所能预料的只是 如果他让我作证 |
[18:28] | he would twist the facts, and he would imply ugly things. | 他就会扭曲事实 含沙射影编造丑事 |
[18:32] | – About you and Harvey? – Yes, about me and Harvey, | -关于你和哈维 -对 关于我和他 |
[18:34] | ’cause it’s always about me and Harvey. | 总是关于我和哈维 |
[18:35] | Last time, this time– | 上回是 这回也是… |
[18:37] | – Donna– – God damn it, Louis, | -唐娜… -去你的 路易 |
[18:39] | I begged you to help me. | 我求了你帮我 |
[18:42] | I even asked, “What if your plan doesn’t work?” | 我还问过 如果你的计划行不通怎么办 |
[18:44] | but you didn’t listen, so Malik rattled me, | 但你没听进去以致马利克问得我惊慌失措 |
[18:47] | and he humiliated me. | 他还羞辱我 |
[18:48] | And he said I am only COO | 他说我是在一夜之间 |
[18:50] | because I slept my way there, | 靠睡老板成为首席运营官 |
[18:53] | and he made it sound plausible, | 还说得有模有样 |
[18:54] | so now that’s on the record thanks to you. | 因为你 现在这些都被记录在案 |
[18:56] | Me? Harvey signed off on this just as much as I did. | 我 哈维和我一样是同意这计划的 |
[18:59] | I really don’t care what Harvey did, Louis, | 我不管哈维做了什么 路易 |
[19:01] | because I came to you for help, and you left me high and dry. | 因为我是求你帮忙 你却拒绝了我 |
[19:16] | Louis, forgive me, | 路易 抱歉 |
[19:17] | but I don’t understand what you’re so upset about. | 但我不懂你为什么这么生气 |
[19:20] | I’m upset because Donna laid into me | 我生气是因为唐娜怒斥我 |
[19:22] | like the whole thing was my fault. | 就像整件事都是我的错似的 |
[19:24] | Louis, don’t you see she was just venting? | 路易 难道你不明白她只是在发泄吗 |
[19:26] | I don’t care. | 我不管 |
[19:28] | I gave them a foolproof way to get her out of testifying | 我提供了十分安全的方法来防止她出庭 |
[19:30] | and they dropped the ball, not me. | 是他们搞砸的 不是我 |
[19:32] | If that’s true, this shouldn’t be | 如果真的是这样 那这事 |
[19:34] | affecting you so much. | 理应无法对你产生这么大的影响 |
[19:37] | So there has to be an explanation | 所有这事肯定有原因 |
[19:39] | as to why you’re so upset, | 你之所以这么生气 |
[19:41] | and perhaps it has to do with you not going through | 也许是因为你没有如你保证般 |
[19:45] | with the mock trial like you promised you would. | 完成这模拟审判 |
[19:46] | This is about her, not me. | 这是关于她的 不是我 |
[19:49] | You don’t think that questioning someone | 你不觉得当你对自身感到羞愧时 |
[19:52] | about their intimate relations | 询问别人的亲密关系 |
[19:54] | when you’re feeling shame about your own might touch a nerve? | 可能会让你大动肝火吗 |
[19:57] | I don’t believe this. | 我不信 |
[19:58] | You’re saying this is about Sheila? | 你是指这和希拉有关 |
[20:00] | I’m positing it might be. | 我是说可能 |
[20:01] | Well, I’m positing what touches a nerve | 那我得说让我大动肝火的是 |
[20:03] | is that I come to you for help, | 我本是来寻求帮助的 |
[20:04] | and you’re saying this is all my fault. | 你却说这全是我的错 |
[20:06] | I’m not saying it’s your fault, Louis, | 我并没有这么说 路易 |
[20:08] | and I’m trying to help you. | 我试着在帮你 |
[20:10] | Bullshit. | 胡说 |
[20:11] | Louis, you know I would do anything I could to help you. | 路易 你知道我会尽可能地帮你 |
[20:16] | Well, you’re not, and instead of waiting for you | 你不会 与其等你告诉我剩下的 |
[20:18] | to tell me that my time is up, | 会谈时间不多了 |
[20:19] | I’m gonna go ahead and protect myself | 我准备现在开始保护自己 |
[20:21] | and get the hell out of here. | 离开这个鬼地方 |
[20:30] | Okay, if they know us, that narrows it down. | 如果他们认识我们 那范围就能缩小了 |
[20:32] | Yeah, to 1,000 or 2,000 people. | 对 缩小到一千人至两千人左右 |
[20:34] | 1,000 or 2,000 people didn’t used to work for us. | 这一两千人并不全都在我们手下工作过 |
[20:36] | You know what? This doesn’t make any sense. | 这根本说不通 |
[20:38] | We’ve just had this case for a week. | 我们一周前才开始处理这个案子 |
[20:41] | By that logic, it would have to be someone who works here now. | 如此说来 那个人现在就在这里工作 |
[20:43] | Or it could be someone who works here from time to time. | 也可能是时不时在这里工作的人 |
[20:46] | What are you getting at, Donna? | 你是指谁 唐娜 |
[20:47] | I’m getting at Holly Cromwell. | 我指霍莉·科伦维尔 |
[20:49] | Why would he go to Holly? | 他为什么会去找霍莉 |
[20:50] | Because that reporter would believe that she has access. | 因为那个记者会相信她能拿到东西 |
[20:53] | If Malik needed to enlist someone to do | 如果马利克想找人 |
[20:55] | something like this, who better to do it? | 做这种事 谁更合适 |
[20:57] | And on top of that, she has no love for any of us. | 而且最重要的是 她对我们都没好感 |
[21:00] | If what you’re saying is true, Malik just went from | 如果这是真的 马利克就从 |
[21:02] | strong-arming someone to fabricating evidence. | 胁迫别人变成了伪造证据 |
[21:04] | No, he didn’t. | 不 他没有 |
[21:07] | Jesus Christ, this guy’s good. | 我的天 这家伙真厉害 |
[21:09] | What are you saying? | 这是什么意思 |
[21:10] | All he did was give a story to a reporter. | 他只是给了记者一个故事 |
[21:12] | That’s–that’s not fabricating evidence. | 这不叫伪造证据 |
[21:13] | That’s not even a crime. | 这甚至算不上犯罪 |
[21:14] | Well, he admitted it at trial knowing it was false, | 他知道那是伪造的 而在庭审上承认了 |
[21:17] | and that sure as hell is. | 这当然是犯罪 |
[21:18] | Harvey, he didn’t admit anything. | 哈维 他什么都没承认 |
[21:20] | We did, because he baited us into doing it. | 是我们承认了 因为他设套让我们这么做 |
[21:23] | He held up the newspaper as if he was about to enter it, | 他举起报纸装作要开始陈述 |
[21:25] | but then he said “Document” | 但随后他说”文件” |
[21:26] | and held up a folder with the other hand. | 另一只手又举起了一份材料 |
[21:29] | Donna, we need a transcript | 唐娜 我们需要法庭记录 |
[21:31] | to make sure what Mike’s saying is true. | 确保迈克说的是真的 |
[21:32] | I don’t need a transcript, Harvey. | 我不需要 哈维 |
[21:34] | I’ve got it all right here. | 我在脑子里都记下来了 |
[21:34] | I’m telling you, you entered that article. | 我告诉你 文章里提到了你 |
[21:36] | Well, it may not be a crime, | 这或许不是犯罪 |
[21:38] | but if Holly comes forward, he’s gonna lose, | 但如果霍莉站出来 他就会败露 |
[21:40] | which means I’m going over there right now. | 意味着我得马上去找霍莉 |
[21:41] | – No, Harvey, I am. – Donna, you were the one | -不 哈维 我去找她 -唐娜 最初 |
[21:44] | who made her refuse to come here in the first place. | 是你让她拒绝了工作 |
[21:45] | She’ll never listen to you. | 她绝不会听你的 |
[21:46] | Harvey, that son of a bitch humiliated me | 哈维 那个混蛋羞辱我 |
[21:48] | and told the world I don’t deserve my job. | 告诉世界我不配身居高位 |
[21:50] | I don’t want to just prove him wrong. | 我不只要证明他错了 |
[21:52] | I want to make him regret he ever met me. | 我要让他后悔遇见了我 |
[22:02] | – Ready for your deposition? – As ready as I’ll ever be. | -准备好进行取证了吗 -随时准备着 |
[22:06] | It’s a good plan, Rachel. It should work. | 这计划很棒 瑞秋 会成功的 |
[22:09] | Do you want to head up there with me? | 你想跟我一起走吗 |
[22:11] | I can drop you off on the way. | 我可以载你一程 |
[22:12] | No, no, you go ahead. | 不 你去吧 |
[22:13] | I got something I want to take care of before I head in. | 去之前我有些事情要处理 |
[22:16] | Malik case? | 马利克的案子吗 |
[22:17] | Actually, Paula Agard. | 事实上 是宝拉·阿加德 |
[22:20] | Yeah, she called about a half hour ago. | 她在半个小时前打过电话来 |
[22:22] | She wants to get Harvey something special, | 她想送哈维特别的礼物 |
[22:24] | wanted to know if I had any ideas. | 问我有没有什么主意 |
[22:26] | – Why did she call you? – I don’t know. | -她为什么打电话给你 -我不知道 |
[22:28] | I guess maybe she thinks that I’m Harvey’s best friend. | 我猜或许她认为我是哈维最好的朋友 |
[22:30] | Or maybe because the person that knows Harvey the best | 也或许因为最了解哈维的那个人 |
[22:32] | is the only person she’ll never call. | 是她唯一不会去问的人 |
[22:36] | Okay. Got something on your mind? | 好吧 你在想什么 |
[22:40] | It’s just, Donna was here the other night, | 唐娜有一天晚上来这里 |
[22:43] | and she told me about this guy from years ago and… | 告诉我多年以前有过一个人 |
[22:47] | she chose Harvey over him, | 但她选择了哈维而不是他 |
[22:50] | and I asked her if she regretted it, and– | 我问她是否后悔 然后… |
[22:55] | – And what? – I guess it just made me wonder | -然后什么 -这让我在想 |
[22:57] | if what she really regrets | 真正让她后悔的是不是 |
[23:00] | is never telling Harvey how she feels. | 她从未告诉哈维她的感受 |
[23:05] | Anyway, I’ve got to get going. | 无论如何 我得走了 |
[23:13] | – Louis, we have a problem. – What is it now? | -路易 我们有麻烦了 -这次又是什么 |
[23:16] | I threw everything in the book at Gould. None of it worked. | 我使劲浑身解数对付古尔德 全都落空了【】 |
[23:18] | On top of that, they just moved up the timeline. | 更糟糕的是 他们还加快了行动速度 |
[23:20] | Then you’re gonna need to contact the board | 那你需要联系董事会 |
[23:21] | about a corporate amendment. | 提议法人调整 |
[23:22] | Louis, I’m telling you we’ve looked at everything: | 路易 我是说我们想尽了一切办法 |
[23:24] | supermajority, golden parachute, poison pill. | 绝对多数制 金色降落伞 毒丸计划 |
[23:27] | What about the crown jewels? | “皇冠之珠”的办法怎么样 |
[23:28] | You go through their divisions, | 你深入他们的各个部门 |
[23:29] | and you find the one that’s most valuable. | 找出最脆弱的那一个 |
[23:30] | I know what the crown jewel defense is, Louis. | 我懂”皇冠之珠”防御策略是怎么回事 路易 |
[23:32] | The problem is, even if I could find a buyer and agree to terms, | 问题在于 即使我能找到买家同意条款 |
[23:35] | there’s no way we could push it through in time. | 我们也赶不及完成此事 |
[23:38] | Wait a second. We don’t need to push it through in time. | 等等 我们不需要赶着完成 |
[23:41] | We just need to make them think we did. | 我们只用让他们以为我们完成了 |
[23:43] | Are you crazy? A bluff is never gonna work. | 你疯了吗 纸包不住火 |
[23:45] | They know every legitimate buyer in the country. | 他们认识全国所有的合法买家 |
[23:47] | I am not talking about a legitimate buyer, | 我没说要找合法买家 |
[23:49] | and I am definitely not talking about them | 也当然不是说要找 |
[23:50] | being from this country. | 美国的买家 |
[23:59] | – What are you doing here? – I’m here to apologize | -你来这里干嘛 -我来是为了 |
[24:01] | for what happened the last time we met. | 我俩上次见面发生的事向你道歉 |
[24:03] | You’re here because you want something. | 你来是因为有所诉求 |
[24:04] | You’re right. I do, but please just hear what I have to say. | 你说得对 但请听我说完 |
[24:07] | You have 30 seconds. | 你有三十秒时间 |
[24:09] | You told me that you find out what makes people tick | 你告诉我你知道如何找人的痛点 |
[24:11] | and you use that to get what you want | 然后利用它来得到自己想要的 |
[24:13] | and it works because people don’t see the bigger picture. | 这能奏效是因为人们无视大局 |
[24:17] | – That’s right. – What you didn’t tell me | -没错 -你没告诉我的是 |
[24:18] | was that you learned how to do that | 你学到这招 |
[24:19] | because your stepfather’s an alcoholic, | 是因为你的继父是个酒鬼 |
[24:22] | so you learned to read people | 所以你学会读懂人心 |
[24:23] | and be who they want you to be to protect yourself. | 成为他们想让你成为的人 以保护自己 |
[24:28] | That’s not something to judge you for. | 这不是用来评判你的理由 |
[24:32] | Okay. I accept your apology, | 好吧 我接受你的道歉 |
[24:35] | but I can’t do what you’re here to ask. | 但我不能做你请求的事 |
[24:38] | He has something on you, doesn’t he? | 他手里有你的把柄 对吗 |
[24:39] | I haven’t exactly led a crime-free life, Donna. | 我的人生并非一清二白 唐娜 |
[24:42] | Now, if you will excuse me– | 所以 请原谅我… |
[24:43] | We can defend you against anything he has on you. | 不管他有你什么把柄 我们都能为你辩护 |
[24:45] | I can’t risk that. Because given the history | 我不能冒这个险 因为鉴于你刚才承认 |
[24:47] | you just admitted you judged me for, | 曾用来评判我的这段黑历史 |
[24:50] | if I ever stand in front of a jury with women on it– | 如果我所面对的陪审团里有个女人相信这个 |
[24:53] | Holly, please. We need this. | 霍莉 拜托 我们需要你帮忙 |
[24:59] | I’m sorry, Donna. | 对不起 唐娜 |
[25:01] | If I could help you, I would, but I can’t. | 如果我能帮你肯定帮 但我办不到 |
[25:11] | Mr. Kittredge, 90% of your executives are male. | 基特里奇先生 贵公司90%的高管都是男性 |
[25:14] | – Is that correct? – I wouldn’t know. | -对吗 -我不知道 |
[25:15] | I evaluate my employees | 我以工作表现来评估员工 |
[25:16] | based on their work and not their gender. | 而不是性别 |
[25:19] | And what about the color of their skin? | 那他们的肤色呢 |
[25:20] | I believe you had a meeting with Lisa Davies. | 我想你和丽莎·戴维斯见过面了 |
[25:23] | She’s one of our senior loan officers. | 她是我们的高级信贷员之一 |
[25:25] | You mean the woman of color you sent in to hide your crime? | 你是说你委派以掩盖自己罪行的那个有色女人吗 |
[25:27] | What is this? I thought I was here | 这怎么回事 我以为我到这里 |
[25:29] | to answer some questions about our loan process. | 回答一些关于贷款流程的问题 |
[25:31] | And I’ll get to that, but first I would like | 我会问的 但首先我想 |
[25:33] | to ask you about Alicia Taylor. | 问你关于艾丽西娅·泰勒的事 |
[25:35] | – Who? – The woman that you fired | -谁 -因为她不跟你上床 |
[25:37] | because she wouldn’t sleep with you. | 而被你解雇的那个女人 |
[25:38] | You did do that, didn’t you? | 你确实这样做过 对吗 |
[25:39] | Alicia Taylor has no bearing on this case. | 艾丽西娅·泰勒与本案无关 |
[25:41] | She’s everything that’s wrong with this case. | 她是本案的问题所在 |
[25:43] | I’m sorry. Is there a question? | 抱歉 你有什么要问的吗 |
[25:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:47] | Do attractive women intimidate you, Arthur? | 迷人女性们会吓到你吗 亚瑟 |
[25:49] | No, why would they? | 不 这怎么会 |
[25:50] | Because they’re strong and they’re powerful | 因为她们坚强又强势 |
[25:52] | and they know what they want. | 知道自己想要什么 |
[25:54] | I value my female employees like anyone, | 我对女性员工或其他员工都一视同仁 |
[25:57] | and you have no proof otherwise. | 你也没证据反驳 |
[25:59] | Then answer the question or take the fifth. | 那请回答我的问题或者引用第五修正案 |
[26:01] | Have you ever tried to sleep with someone | 你是否曾试图和某人上床 |
[26:03] | and then retaliated once they rejected you? | 然后她们要是拒绝你 你就报复 |
[26:06] | The answer is no. I haven’t. | 答案是不 我没有 |
[26:10] | Of course, things are different for women who don’t work for me. | 当然对于不是我手下的女人 情况也不一样 |
[26:13] | I’d ask you out in a second. | 比如我马上就会约你 |
[26:14] | – Watch yourself. – Dad, I’ve got this. | -你注意点 -爸 我搞的定 |
[26:16] | It’s all right. I know where he’s coming from. | 没关系的 我理解他 |
[26:18] | I mean, after all, he’s your father, but he’s not blind. | 毕竟 他是你爸爸 人也不瞎 |
[26:20] | I mean, he knows you’re attractive. | 他知道你有多迷人 |
[26:22] | – Arthur. – As a matter of fact, | -阿瑟 -其实 |
[26:23] | if it were up to me, I’d be willing | 要我说了算 我很乐意 |
[26:25] | to settle this for one date, maybe two. | 先约一发 也可能两发 |
[26:27] | All right, that’s enough. | 好了 够了 |
[26:28] | You see, that is the irony here. | 这就是讽刺之处 |
[26:30] | I am being accused of discriminating | 你们控告我歧视 |
[26:32] | against people of color | 有色人种 |
[26:33] | when in fact I have always preferred women of color. | 但其实我更喜欢有色女性 |
[26:37] | There’s just something about them. | 就是喜欢他们这种 |
[26:38] | You know, they’re exotic. | 异域风情 |
[26:40] | – Like you, Ms. Zane– – You son of a bitch, | -就像你一样 赞恩小姐 -你个混蛋 |
[26:43] | I’m gonna make sure you’re the one that loses everything | 我要确保身败名裂的人是你 |
[26:44] | and not the people that you prey upon. | 而不是那些你觊觎的人 |
[26:46] | – Dad. – You mean people like your sister? | -爸 -像你妹妹那样的吗 |
[26:47] | – You’re goddamn right I do! – Dad. | -说的就是她 -爸 |
[26:49] | My sister meant everything to me, and you stole her light, | 我妹妹是我的一切 而你抹杀了她的光亮 |
[26:52] | and I’m gonna make sure that you pay for it | 如果我最后只能做一件事 |
[26:53] | if it’s the last thing I do. | 那一定是让你为此付出代价 |
[26:55] | Well, I’m afraid it’s not gonna be with this suit | 那我怕这起诉讼你是办不到了 |
[26:57] | because you just admitted it’s nothing more | 因为你刚承认了 |
[26:59] | than a trumped-up vendetta, and we have it on record. | 这根本就是一场蓄意报复 我们也录音了 |
[27:02] | Took me a while to remember, but once I did, | 我花了好一会儿才记起来的 不过一旦想起了 |
[27:05] | I knew exactly how to take care of you. | 我就知道该怎么治你了 |
[27:19] | What did she say? | 她说什么 |
[27:20] | That she was the source. | 说她就是信息源 |
[27:22] | But let me guess, she won’t testify. | 让我猜猜 但她不肯出庭作证 |
[27:24] | No, she won’t, but I will. | 她不肯 但我会的 |
[27:27] | Donna– | 唐娜 |
[27:28] | She admitted that he contacted her. | 她承认了他联系过她 |
[27:29] | That’s what you said we needed. | 你说过这就是我们需要的 |
[27:30] | I said I needed her to say it, not you. | 我说我需要她去说 不是你 |
[27:32] | Well, why can’t it be me? | 为什么不能是我 |
[27:33] | My word is as good as hers. | 我的话和她的一样 |
[27:35] | – It doesn’t matter. – Why not? | -那不重要 -为什么 |
[27:36] | Because in this situation, it isn’t. | 因为在目前的情况下 不一样 |
[27:41] | You mean the situation where he made it look like | 你是指他搞的好像 |
[27:43] | I would do anything for you because I– | 我什么都肯为你做因为我… |
[27:44] | I don’t care what he made it look like. | 我不管他搞成什么样子 |
[27:47] | It’s not true. | 都不是真的 |
[27:52] | I wanted to get back at him so badly. | 我非常非常想报复回去 |
[27:58] | And I wanted to be the one to do it. | 而且也希望是由我来动手 |
[28:03] | – You were the one to do it. – How? | -确实是由你来动的手 -怎么说 |
[28:07] | You realized it was Holly, and the truth is, | 你想到了是霍莉 但事实是 |
[28:09] | she was never gonna say yes no matter who asked. | 不管谁开口 她都不会答应的 |
[28:13] | So what are we gonna do? | 那我们怎么办 |
[28:14] | Mike and I are gonna use what you gave us | 迈克和我要用你给我们的东西 |
[28:16] | to put a gun to Andrew Malik’s head, | 给安德鲁·马利克点苦头吃吃 |
[28:18] | and if we do it right, | 如果我们用对了的话 |
[28:20] | he is gonna regret the day he met you. | 他会后悔见到你 |
[28:29] | Okay, I’ll call you in the morning, Mom. | 好的 我早上再打给你 妈妈 |
[28:32] | Try to get some sleep. | 多少睡一会儿 |
[28:36] | Robert, what’s wrong? | 罗伯特 发生什么了 |
[28:41] | Jasmine died two hours ago. | 贾丝敏两个小时前去世了 |
[28:44] | Oh, Robert, I’m so sorry. | 罗伯特 真遗憾 |
[28:51] | I could have helped her. | 我本来可以帮她的 |
[28:53] | I should have helped her. | 我应该帮她的 |
[28:54] | – No, don’t do that to yourself. – Do what? | -别 别这样对自己 -对自己怎样 |
[28:57] | Face the truth? | 面对现实吗 |
[29:01] | That man ruined her life, and I did nothing. | 那个人毁了她的一生 我却袖手旁观 |
[29:07] | You were there for her in every way possible | 过去的两年 你已经在尽全力 |
[29:09] | for the last two years. | 帮助她陪伴她了 |
[29:11] | She didn’t die from that. She died ’cause she got sick. | 她也不是因为那件事而死的 她是病死的 |
[29:15] | But I wasn’t there the one time she had asked, | 但她求我那次我没答应 |
[29:20] | and maybe if I was– | 如果我答应了 |
[29:22] | I finished my homework! | 我做完作业啦 |
[29:28] | Daddy, are you okay? | 爸爸 你还好吗 |
[29:33] | Daddy got some bad news, sweetheart, | 爸爸听到了坏消息 甜心 |
[29:35] | so why don’t we give him a minute? | 我们让他自己静一静 |
[29:55] | I keep catching you lost in thought. | 我总是看到你在出神 |
[29:58] | I keep thinking about this goddamn case. | 我一直在想这件案子 |
[30:02] | So was I. | 我也是 |
[30:04] | Well, I hope you got something | 希望你想到了点什么 |
[30:05] | ’cause I really shit the bed in there, | 因为我就像你担心的那样 |
[30:07] | just like you were afraid I would. | 搞砸了 |
[30:09] | Dad– | 爸 |
[30:10] | We should have taken that deal, Rachel. | 我们应该接受那个提议的 瑞秋 |
[30:11] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[30:14] | Maybe not. | 也可能不是 |
[30:16] | In fact, maybe you should have that one-on-one | 事实上 可能你还是应该 |
[30:19] | with Kittredge after all. | 和基特里奇单独谈谈的 |
[30:22] | What are you getting at? | 你的意思是 |
[30:23] | I was thinking he used your weakness against us, | 我在想 他利用你的弱点来攻我们 |
[30:25] | so why don’t we use his weakness against him? | 那我们为什么不用他的弱点去攻他呢 |
[30:27] | Isn’t that what we tried to do with that deposition? | 我们对那个取证 不就是这个意思吗 |
[30:29] | Yeah, but like you used to yell at the TV on Sundays, | 就像你以前周末吼电视的时候那样 |
[30:33] | if running it up the middle isn’t working, | 如果正面对抗行不通 |
[30:35] | then do us all a goddamn favor and call an end-around. | 那就帮大家个忙 去做长传吧 |
[30:40] | You were really listening to all those games, weren’t you? | 那些比赛你还真是认真听了啊 |
[30:43] | Not the games, Dad. | 不是比赛 爸爸 |
[30:45] | I was listening to you. | 我听的是你说的那些话 |
[30:54] | Mike, what are you doing here? | 迈克 你来干什么 |
[30:55] | I thought you and Harvey were going to see Malik. | 我以为你和哈维要去见马利克 |
[30:57] | We are, just not for another hour. | 是的 不过要在一小时后 |
[31:01] | Just wanted to talk to you about- | 只是想和你聊聊 |
[31:03] | What is it? | 说什么 |
[31:04] | Donna, Rachel told me | 唐娜 瑞秋告诉我 |
[31:06] | that when I moved out because of Logan Sanders, | 我因为洛根·桑德斯的事搬出去的时候 |
[31:08] | you told her to give me some space | 是你告诉她要给我点空间 |
[31:10] | because things work out the way that they’re supposed to. | 因为车到山前必有路 |
[31:15] | – But she didn’t do that. – Well, that’s my point. | -但她没有 -这就是我要说的 |
[31:18] | Mike, where are you going with this? | 迈克 你想说什么 |
[31:20] | Tell Harvey how you feel. | 去告诉哈维你是怎么想的 |
[31:22] | What? | 什么 |
[31:24] | I know that it’s not my place to say this, but, Donna, | 我知道我没有立场说这些 但是唐娜 |
[31:27] | I wouldn’t be with Rachel if it wasn’t for you, | 如果不是你 我不会和瑞秋在一起 |
[31:30] | and if I let you lose something that might make you | 如果我让你失去了一样本能让你 |
[31:33] | as happy as we are | 像我们一样开心的东西 |
[31:34] | and I didn’t say something, I would never forgive myself. | 而我还无动于衷的话 我永远不会原谅自己 |
[31:40] | So if you think there is even the smallest chance | 所以如果你觉得 哪怕有一丝可能 |
[31:43] | that you might ever want to be together | 你有想过要和他在一起 |
[31:44] | and you don’t tell him that soon, | 但你不赶紧告诉他 |
[31:47] | you might lose the chance to tell him at all. | 那你可能就再也开不了这个口了 |
[31:52] | Mike… | 迈克… |
[31:55] | I appreciate where your heart is, | 我感谢你的一番心意 |
[31:58] | but two people have to want to be together to be happy, | 但两个人在一起要两厢情愿才能开心 |
[32:02] | and Harvey and I don’t want to be together. | 而哈维和我不想在一起 |
[32:05] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[32:08] | I’m sure. | 我确定 |
[32:11] | – You want me to do what? – You said before that | -你想让我怎么做 -你之前说过 |
[32:14] | you would do anything in your power to help me. | 只要你力所能及就都会帮我 |
[32:16] | Well, now I’m asking. | 现在我开口了 |
[32:18] | Louis, I meant in this office, and you know it. | 路易 我是说在这间办公室里 你明知道 |
[32:20] | You’re asking me to pretend to be someone I’m not, | 你叫我假扮成别人 |
[32:23] | which is a violation of my license. | 这超越了我的执照权限 |
[32:24] | Not according to Munley v. Marowan, it’s not. | 蒙利诉玛洛湾案不是这么说的 |
[32:26] | I don’t know what that is. | 我不知道这是什么 |
[32:27] | Well, that’s ’cause you’re a psychiatrist and not a lawyer, | 因为你是一个心理医生而不是律师 |
[32:29] | but what I need you to be | 但是我需要你假装 |
[32:31] | is the head of a German pharmaceutical company. | 一名德国制药公司代表 |
[32:34] | – Louis! – Stan, please. | -路易 -斯坦 拜托 |
[32:35] | I already let Donna down, | 我已经让唐娜失望了 |
[32:37] | and I can’t do anything to help that, | 而我又无法弥补 |
[32:40] | and if I let someone down that I care about twice in two days, | 如果我一天两次让我在乎的人失望 |
[32:43] | what kind of partner am I? | 我算什么合伙人 |
[32:46] | More importantly, what kind of friend? | 更重要的是 我算什么朋友 |
[32:56] | Louis, I’m sorry. | 路易 抱歉 |
[32:58] | Violation of my license or not, | 不管是否超越我执照权限 |
[33:01] | what you’re asking me to do is unethical, | 你的要求不合职业道德 |
[33:03] | and I won’t do it. | 我不会做 |
[33:09] | Well? | 怎样 |
[33:13] | I’m sorry, Alex. He said no. | 抱歉 亚历克斯 他拒绝了 |
[33:21] | Well, did you come to cut a deal? | 你们是来和解的吗 |
[33:23] | ‘Cause I’m all ears as long as it includes | 只要包含你认输我获胜 |
[33:25] | an admission that you lost and I won. | 我就洗耳恭听 |
[33:27] | Oh, we’re here to talk about an admission, | 我们来讨论坦白的 |
[33:28] | but not the kind you think. | 但不是你想的那样 |
[33:30] | Yeah, we’re here to discuss an admission | 我们来讨论你坦白 |
[33:31] | of fabricated evidence into court by you. | 在法庭捏造证据 |
[33:35] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你们在说什么 |
[33:36] | I did no such thing. | 我没做过 |
[33:37] | We know you didn’t do it yourself. | 我们知道你没做 |
[33:38] | You had two idiots do it for you. | 你让两个傻瓜帮你做的 |
[33:40] | If it’s all the same to you, Harvey, | 如果你不介意 哈维 |
[33:41] | I actually don’t consider myself an idiot. | 实际上我不认为自己是傻瓜 |
[33:43] | Ah, you have a point. You were the one who figured out | 有道理 你是想出来他诱导我们 |
[33:45] | he baited us into entering that newspaper for him. | 为他在庭上提出的那个 |
[33:48] | But, to be fair, though, it was Donna who figured out | 但说实话 是唐娜想明白 |
[33:50] | that he went to Holly Cromwell | 他找了霍莉·科伦维尔 |
[33:52] | because it gave the whole thing credibility. | 因为这样一切都更可信了 |
[33:54] | It’s not a crime to give someone a piece of paper | 给别人一份报纸又要他放在某处 |
[33:56] | and have them drop it off at an address. | 不算是犯罪 |
[33:58] | But it is a crime to lie about it under oath, | 但是在法庭上撒谎是犯罪 |
[34:00] | and I’m gonna put you on that stand. | 我会让你出庭作证 |
[34:03] | You can’t force me to testify in my own case. | 你不能强迫我为自己的案子作证 |
[34:05] | I’m afraid you opened the door to that one | 恐怕当你质疑哈维品格的时候 |
[34:07] | when you made Harvey’s character an issue, | 就为此打开了渠道 |
[34:08] | because if his character’s at issue, then why isn’t yours? | 因为如果他品格有问题 你也有问题 |
[34:11] | Look, I broke no laws, | 我没有违反法律 |
[34:13] | and we all know that Janet Stanger is guilty. | 我们都知道珍妮特·斯坦格有罪 |
[34:14] | And if she’s guilty and you’re as good as you think you are, | 如果她有罪而你又像自己以为的那样厉害 |
[34:17] | you should have gotten her convicted | 你该不用设计这些把戏 |
[34:19] | without planting that bullshit. | 就让她认罪 |
[34:21] | So which is it, Andy: | 现在呢 安德 |
[34:22] | do you want to be humiliated on the stand, | 你想在庭上被羞辱 |
[34:24] | or do you want to drop this case right now, | 还是现在放弃这个案子 |
[34:26] | you evidence-manufacturing piece of shit? | 你编造证据的混蛋 |
[34:37] | Arthur, I appreciate you meeting me on such short notice. | 阿瑟 感谢你即时见我 |
[34:42] | And I appreciate the opportunity | 我也感谢让别人 |
[34:43] | to have somebody grovel at my feet. | 跪在我面前的机会 |
[34:45] | Look, I know the position we’re in. | 我知道我们现在的处境 |
[34:47] | The fact is, the judge hasn’t ruled on your motion yet, and– | 事实上 法官还没裁定你的动议 |
[34:50] | You want a settlement. | 你想要和解 |
[34:51] | I’m just talking about something | 我只是想 |
[34:52] | that allows me to save face with my clients. | 在我客户面前留住脸面 |
[34:55] | As I said, I appreciate the opportunity | 我说了 我感谢别人 |
[34:58] | to have someone grovel at my feet. | 跪在我面前的机会 |
[35:05] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么 |
[35:07] | That’s what you’re going to pay us. | 这是你们要赔偿的金额 |
[35:08] | This is three times what it was before. | 这是之前的三倍 |
[35:10] | I know, because as of now, you’ve been notified | 我知道 因为现在你们知道了 |
[35:13] | of Arthur Kitredge’s behavior, | 阿瑟·克特里奇的行为 |
[35:14] | which means the next time it happens, | 意味着下次再有这种情况 |
[35:16] | you’re all personally liable. | 你们都负个人责任 |
[35:17] | A man who did this once is gonna do it again. | 狗改不了吃屎 |
[35:19] | You son of a bitch, this is not gonna work. | 你混蛋 这行不通 |
[35:21] | Oh, I beg to differ because I don’t know if you noticed, | 不敢苟同 不知道你有没有注意到 |
[35:23] | but it’s just me here today. | 今天只有我来了 |
[35:25] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[35:26] | So while we’re here, my daughter, | 我们在这里的时候 我女儿 |
[35:27] | the woman you wouldn’t think could hold her own in a boardroom, | 那个你认为在董事会面前不敢开口的女人 |
[35:29] | she’s with your board right now | 她现在就在你的董事会 |
[35:32] | explaining how you’re not worth it anymore. | 解释你怎样不值得留任 |
[35:33] | Because in case you haven’t been in a courtroom recently, | 可能你们最近没有出过庭 |
[35:37] | most juries aren’t made up of rich, old white men. | 大部分陪审团成员不是有钱年长的白人 |
[35:39] | – Bullshit. – You’re bluffing. | -胡说 -你在吓唬人 |
[35:41] | – It’s not bullshit. We got to them before you did | -不是胡说 我们在你之前带着 |
[35:43] | with a take-it-or-leave-it offer. | 一锤子买卖报价找了他们 |
[35:44] | The choice is yours. | 选择在你们 |
[35:45] | You take the settlement and you remove your CEO… | 你们接受和解 撤职首席执行官 |
[35:48] | Or you could roll the dice with a jury not of your peers. | 要么去跟你不一路的陪审团面前碰运气 |
[35:50] | Either way, you are done. | 不管怎样 你都完了 |
[36:13] | Harvey, hey, what’s going on? | 哈维 怎么了 |
[36:15] | Don’t tell me that Malik tried to weasel out of that agreement. | 别告诉我马利克想逃掉协议 |
[36:18] | No, it’s all good. I just wanted to stop by and say | 不是 都很好 我就是想顺路过来 |
[36:21] | thank you for bringing me this case in the first place. | 为你一开始拿给我这个案子道声谢 |
[36:24] | Does that mean we’re even for the prison thing? | 这意味着我们为监狱的事扯平了吗 |
[36:27] | We’re even. | 扯平了 |
[36:28] | Thanks, Mike. | 谢谢 迈克 |
[36:31] | Harvey… | 哈维 |
[36:34] | did you talk to Donna since last night? | 你昨晚后和唐娜谈话了吗 |
[36:36] | No, other than to text her we won. Why? | 没 只发短信说我们赢了 怎么了 |
[36:40] | – Nothing. – Don’t worry, Mike. | -没什么 -别担心 迈克 |
[36:41] | I know she’s had a rough time. | 我知道她这几天过得很难 |
[36:43] | I’ll tell her we stuck it to Malik | 我会告诉她我们教训了马利克 |
[36:44] | and we couldn’t have done it without her. | 而且她功不可没 |
[36:54] | I was hoping you’d still be here. | 我正希望你还在 |
[36:56] | What do you want, Alex? | 你想干什么 亚历克斯 |
[36:58] | To give you what you wanted all along, | 给你一直想要的东西 |
[37:01] | me on my knees begging. | 我下跪乞求 |
[37:05] | – I’m listening. – You won, Eli. | -继续说 -你赢了 伊莱 |
[37:08] | I can’t stop you from taking Pfizer, | 我不能阻止你抢走辉瑞制药 |
[37:10] | but this wasn’t about them or Tommy Bratton or anything else. | 但这不关乎他们或者汤米·布莱顿什么的 |
[37:14] | This was about me leaving, | 而因为我的离开 |
[37:16] | and now I’m asking what it will take | 现在我愿意做任何事 |
[37:18] | to get you to back off my firm. | 让你远离我的律所 |
[37:26] | Okay, then… | 那好 |
[37:28] | Pearson Specter can keep Pfizer, | 皮-斯可以留着辉瑞制药 |
[37:31] | and all you have to do is come back here | 你只要带着你所有其他的客户 |
[37:32] | with every other client you have. | 回到这里 |
[37:36] | That’s what you wanted all along, isn’t it? | 这才是你一直想要的 不是吗 |
[37:39] | You had your client go after mine to put me in the position | 你让你的客户找我客户的麻烦 让我陷入 |
[37:42] | of having to screw Harvey over. | 坑哈维的境地 |
[37:43] | That’s right. | 正是 |
[37:44] | That agreement may have stopped me from poaching, | 那份协议阻止了我挖人 |
[37:47] | but there’s always a workaround. | 但总会有别的办法 |
[37:49] | So which is it, stay there a diminished man | 所以呢 在那里作为丢了 |
[37:52] | without your best client | 最大客户的弱者 |
[37:54] | or come back here where you belong? | 还是回到属于你的地方 |
[37:59] | You know what, Eli? | 告诉你吧 伊莱 |
[38:01] | I think I’m gonna stay exactly where I am, | 我想我会呆在现在的地方 |
[38:04] | at Pearson Specter Litt, | 皮尔逊-斯佩克特-利特 |
[38:06] | with every damn one of my clients. | 还有我所有的客户 |
[38:08] | – Excuse me? – You just admitted | -什么 -你刚承认 |
[38:09] | that you orchestrated a takeover attempt | 你策划了接管企图 |
[38:11] | for the sole purpose of breaching our agreement. | 唯一目的就是违反协议 |
[38:14] | You son of a bitch. | 你个混蛋 |
[38:16] | – You set me up! – That’s right. | -你算计我 -没错 |
[38:18] | You had us, Eli, and now you don’t, | 你抓到我们了 伊莱 现在又丢了 |
[38:20] | because like you said, there’s always a workaround. | 因为如你所说 总有挽回的办法 |
[38:25] | Let me guess. | 我猜猜 |
[38:27] | The price for you not handing that over is that I owe you one. | 让你不把它交出去的代价是我欠你一次 |
[38:30] | Well, look who’s on their knees now. | 瞧瞧现在是谁求饶了 |
[38:32] | Good night, Eli. | 晚安 伊莱 |
[38:33] | I’ll be in touch when I need you. | 有需要我会找你 |
[38:46] | – Did it work? – Like a charm. | -成了吗 -大胜 |
[38:48] | Oh, thank God. I couldn’t stand the thought | 感谢上帝 我实在无法 |
[38:50] | of letting down another person in the office. | 忍受再次让这里的另一个人失望了 |
[38:51] | Louis, from what I’ve seen, | 路易 我认为 |
[38:54] | you’ve never let anyone in this firm down. | 你从来都没让这公司的人失望过 |
[38:57] | Well, I did. | 我有 |
[39:01] | And it’s time I made it right. | 是时候弥补错误了 |
[39:08] | What are you doing here, Andy? | 你怎么来了 安迪 |
[39:09] | I came here to tell you that you may have won the case, | 我来告诉你也许你是赢了官司 |
[39:13] | but I still wanted to get back at you, | 但我还是会报复你的 |
[39:15] | so I decided to come after your old mentor. | 所以我打算报复你的导师 |
[39:17] | If you think Cameron Dennis | 如果你以为 |
[39:19] | can’t handle whatever you throw at him, | 卡梅隆·丹尼斯解决不了你 |
[39:20] | you got another thing coming. | 那你是疯了 |
[39:21] | I’m not talking about Cameron Dennis. | 我说的不是卡梅隆·丹尼斯 |
[39:23] | I’m talking about your other mentor, Jessica Pearson. | 我说的是你另一位导师 杰西卡·皮尔逊 |
[39:28] | – What did you do? – I didn’t do it. | -你干了什么 -不是我 |
[39:29] | You did, when you let her take the bullet | 是你 在你让她替你和迈克·罗斯 |
[39:31] | for you with Mike Ross. | 挡枪的时候 |
[39:35] | Andrew, this is between you and me, not Jessica. | 安德鲁 此事只关你我 与她无关 |
[39:37] | Wow, look at that. Andrew, huh? | 瞧瞧 现在成安德鲁啦 |
[39:39] | Not Malik or Andy, Andrew. | 不是马利克也不是安迪了 是安德鲁 |
[39:42] | Listen to me, what she did for Mike Ross doesn’t involve you. | 听着 她为迈克·罗斯做的事与你无关 |
[39:46] | Oh, it involves me because she admitted to being a party | 当然有关 因为她在纽约律师协会面前 |
[39:48] | to fraud in front of the New York State Bar. | 承认了她实行了欺诈 |
[39:50] | Funny thing is, no one seemed to care. | 好笑的是 好像没人在乎 |
[39:52] | Well, I did, so I whipped up a motion to have her disbarred, | 我在乎 所以我提出动议吊销她的执照 |
[39:55] | and when a motion like that | 这样的动议如果是 |
[39:56] | comes from the Attorney General’s Office, | 总检察长的办公室提出的 |
[39:58] | man, it is amazing how much people start to care. | 有趣 这些人们都开始在意了 |
[40:00] | – You son of a bitch. – Ah, there it is. | -你个混蛋 -终于出现了 |
[40:02] | That’s the look I came here to see. | 我就是为你这个表情来的 |
[40:04] | The only thing better would be if I could be there | 如果说还有什么能比这个表情更有价值 |
[40:06] | when you have to tell Jessica Pearson | 那只能是目睹你 |
[40:07] | that you cost her her license to practice law. | 亲口告诉她你害她被吊销执照了 |
[40:11] | Have a nice evening, Harvey. | 祝你晚上愉快 哈维 |
[40:16] | Louis, pick up the phone. | 路易 接电话 |
[40:18] | This is the third time I’ve called. | 这是我第三次来电话了 |
[40:20] | We need to get to anyone we know at the New York Bar | 我们需要今晚就找到我们认识的所有 |
[40:22] | on the phone tonight. | 在纽约律师协会的人 |
[40:24] | Andrew Malik’s trying to have Jessica disbarred. | 安德鲁·马利克打算吊销杰西卡的执照 |
[40:26] | Not trying. He already did. | 不是打算 他已经做了 |
[40:30] | – Jessica. – Harvey, put that phone away. | -杰西卡 -哈维 放下电话 |
[40:32] | This is happening, and there’s nothing we can do about it. | 木已成舟 没有什么挽回余地了 |
[40:35] | There’s a hell of a lot we can do about it, | 有很大的挽回余地 |
[40:37] | and we’re going to. | 我们也必须挽回 |
[40:38] | No, we’re not. Listen to me. | 不 不行 听我的 |
[40:40] | We knew this could happen, and I said it doesn’t matter | 我们早知道会这样 我说了没关系 |
[40:44] | because in Chicago, nobody’s going to care. | 因为芝加哥不在乎 |
[40:46] | I don’t give a shit about Chicago. I care. | 我才不管芝加哥 我在乎 |
[40:48] | And it’s not your decision. | 但这不是你的决定 |
[40:49] | Jessica, we can’t have a name on the wall | 杰西卡 我们墙上不能有一个 |
[40:50] | of a partner that’s been disbarred. | 被吊销执照的合伙人的名字 |
[40:52] | What the hell do you think I’m doing here? | 你以为我是来干什么的 |
[40:58] | No, I’m not doing it. | 不 我不干 |
[41:00] | Yes, you are. | 你必须干 |
[41:02] | Harvey, it’s time to take my name off the wall. | 哈维 是时候把我的名字摘下来了 |
[41:04] | Not like this, | 不能像这样摘 |
[41:07] | not after all we’ve been through. | 我们经历了那么多 不能这么结束 |
[41:08] | I’m good with this, | 我不在意 |
[41:11] | and it’s not my firm anymore. | 这也不是我的律所了 |
[41:14] | It’s yours. | 是你的 |
[41:17] | I’m not ready. | 我没准备好 |
[41:18] | You’ve been ready for the better part of a year, | 你都准备好快一年了 |
[41:20] | and you know it, | 你也很清楚 |
[41:21] | so the only question is, | 所以唯一的问题是 |
[41:22] | are you going to fight me on this, | 你是要跟我纠缠 |
[41:25] | or are you gonna accept it? | 还是选择接受 |
[41:30] | And what if I say I accept it? | 如果我选择接受呢 |
[41:31] | Then you need to go and talk to Louis | 那你就得和路易商量了 |
[41:34] | because you’ve got two things to figure out: | 因为你有两个问题需要解决 |
[41:37] | how much you’re gonna spend to buy me out | 你打算花多少钱买断我 |
[41:41] | and how are you gonna spin this thing? | 还有你打算怎么解释这件事 |
[42:00] | Donna, you have a minute? | 唐娜 你有时间吗 |
[42:01] | A minute for what, Louis? | 干什么的时间 路易 |
[42:03] | So you can tell me how it wasn’t your fault | 为了听你说为什么你 |
[42:05] | that you didn’t prepare me to be on the stand? | 没有为我准备出庭不是你的错吗 |
[42:07] | A minute to say I’m sorry. | 给我道歉的时间 |
[42:09] | You were right, Donna. | 你是对的 唐娜 |
[42:12] | I should have prepared you for Malik, | 我应该为你准备接受马利克盘问 |
[42:14] | but I didn’t because | 但我没有 因为 |
[42:17] | I couldn’t bear the thought of asking you about Harvey | 我无法接受当着满屋子人的面 质问你 |
[42:19] | in front of a room full of people. | 和哈维的关系 |
[42:21] | Louis, I knew that would come up. | 路易 我知道你会这么问的 |
[42:22] | I was ready to handle it. | 我能接受 |
[42:23] | But I wasn’t, because of Sheila. | 但我不能 因为希拉 |
[42:26] | What does Sheila have to do with– | 跟希拉有什么关系… |
[42:27] | I slept with her, Donna. | 我和她睡了 唐娜 |
[42:29] | I told you she was getting married. | 我告诉过你 她要结婚了 |
[42:31] | When I was writing down questions, | 当我做问题列表时 |
[42:34] | I kept imagining someone putting my life on trial, | 我一直在想象自己的人生被盘问的样子 |
[42:37] | and I just–I couldn’t take it, | 我实在 无法忍受 |
[42:41] | so I took the coward’s way out, | 所以我当了懦夫 |
[42:43] | and I didn’t prepare you. | 我没有为你准备 |
[42:46] | I understand, Louis, | 我理解 路易 |
[42:49] | and I accept your apology. | 我接受你的道歉 |
[42:53] | Thank you, Donna. | 谢谢 唐娜 |
[42:57] | Louis, what is it? | 路易 怎么了 |
[42:58] | Ever since I left that hotel room, I’ve been stuck. | 自从我离开那个房间 我就一直裹足不前 |
[43:02] | We were together again, and it felt just like it did before, | 我们又在一起了 那感觉和以前一模一样 |
[43:06] | except it wasn’t because she wasn’t mine, | 只是这次她不属于我了 |
[43:10] | and since then, I’ve been counting the days | 从那时起 我就一直在数日子 |
[43:12] | until my soul mate marries someone else | 数我的灵魂伴侣嫁做人妻 |
[43:16] | and walks out of my life forever. | 永远离开我的生活的日子 |
[43:20] | – Louis– – I know she’s with another man, | -路易 -我知道她和别人在一起 |
[43:22] | Donna, and I know she says that she loves him, | 唐娜 我也知道她说她很爱他 |
[43:25] | but all I want to do is just say to her, | 但我真的很想告诉她 |
[43:29] | can’t she see the man she was meant to be with | 她难道就看不出来 她的真命天子 |
[43:33] | is standing right in front of her face? | 其实就站在她面前吗 |
[43:38] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[43:39] | I should have told her when I had the chance, | 我应该在我本来有机会时告诉她 |
[43:41] | but that’s something I’m gonna have to live with | 但那现在成了我这辈子 |
[43:43] | for the rest of my life. | 必须背负的遗憾了 |
[44:00] | Good, you’re still here. Where’s Louis? | 正好 你还在 路易呢 |
[44:02] | ‘Cause I have some news, and I think you should both– | 我有事找他 我觉得你们俩都… |
[44:13] | I’m sorry, Harvey. | 对不起 哈维 |
[44:18] | I just had to know. | 我必须弄清楚 |