时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Where have you been? | 你去哪儿了 |
[00:02] | I’ve been looking for you all morning. | 我找了你一早上了 |
[00:04] | If you must know, I overslept. | 如果你非要知道 我睡过头了 |
[00:06] | I’d love to go out again, Thomas. | 我愿意和你再次约会 托马斯 |
[00:08] | Is tonight too soon? | 约今晚会不会太急了 |
[00:08] | Let me check my calendar– Yep, I’m free. | 我查下我的安排 可以 我有空 |
[00:10] | You will not determine the type of lawyer i want to be. | 我要成为怎样的律师由不得你 |
[00:13] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你什么意思 |
[00:14] | It means I’m willing to say I owe you one. | 意思是我愿意说我欠你个人情 |
[00:17] | So make an enemy of me… or not. | 所以是敌是友你来选 |
[00:19] | That’s the best you’re going to get. | 这是你能得到的最好结果了 |
[00:20] | I never sent the documents over. | 我从未把文件寄过去 |
[00:22] | – Are you shitting me? – It’s my fault. | -你在跟我开玩笑吗 -是我的错 |
[00:24] | I’ll take the bullet. | 我来承担 |
[00:25] | They’re not gonna give a shit whose fault this is. | 他们才不管这是谁的错 |
[00:27] | – You must be out of your mind. – Scottie I’m in trouble here. | -你是疯了吧 -斯科特 我有麻烦了 |
[00:30] | – I need you to help me. – I’m sorry, Harvey, | -我需要你的帮助 -抱歉 哈维 |
[00:31] | but I’ve said yes to you to many times. | 但我帮过你太多次了 |
[00:34] | A year after I stopped with my therapist, | 心理治疗结束一年后左右 |
[00:36] | – I started seeing her. – I’m guessing it didn’t work out. | -我和她开始约会 -我想你们没走到最后 |
[00:39] | It was complicated. | 事情很复杂 |
[00:40] | Did Donna have anything to do with that complication? | 引起这个复杂性的因素里有唐娜吗 |
[00:49] | Still drinking sidewalk coffee, I see. | 你还在喝路边摊卖的咖啡啊 |
[00:52] | That’s because it’s the best in the city. | 因为这是全市最好的咖啡 |
[00:53] | I don’t know about that, | 我不知道咖啡好不好 |
[00:54] | but their croissants are pretty good. | 不过他们的羊角包挺不错的 |
[00:55] | Since when do you cross town for a croissant? | 你什么时候开始会为一个羊角包横跨市区了 |
[00:57] | Since I had a meeting nearby and wanted one. | 从我在附近开完了会又想吃面包了开始 |
[01:00] | I’d ask you how you are, | 本来我应该问问你最近如何的 |
[01:01] | but I saw the announcement in the Journal. | 但我看到了《华尔街日报》上的公告 |
[01:03] | Louis as Managing Partner. How did that happen? | 路易成了经营合伙人 怎么会这样 |
[01:06] | If I told you, you wouldn’t believe me. | 就算我告诉你 你也不会信的 |
[01:07] | Does it have anything to do with | 这和墙上那两个 |
[01:08] | the two new names on the wall? | 新名字有什么关系吗 |
[01:09] | One of which I’ve never even heard of before. | 其中一个名字我甚至都没听说过 |
[01:11] | Just because you never heard of her | 就算你没听说过她 |
[01:12] | doesn’t mean she’s not a badass. | 也不意味着她不厉害 |
[01:13] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[01:14] | It means the type of work that Samantha Wheeler did | 意思是萨曼莎·惠勒在她的名字上墙之前 |
[01:16] | before she got her name on the wall | 所做的那些工作 |
[01:18] | didn’t exactly show up in the Journal. | 没有被刊登在日报上 |
[01:20] | Now, why don’t you get to why you’re here, | 好了 你直接说你为什么要来吧 |
[01:22] | because this is no chance encounter. | 这很明显不是场偶遇 |
[01:23] | Told you, I had a meeting nearby. | 我都说了 我在附近开了个会 |
[01:25] | And I think that meeting’s with me | 我觉得那个会是和我开的 |
[01:26] | because I bet you have a case against us. | 因为我猜你手头有一桩和我们对垒的案子 |
[01:29] | Well, I’m sorry, Scottie, | 对不起 斯科特 |
[01:30] | but I’m not gonna let you get in my head. | 但我不会让你知道我在想什么的 |
[01:31] | I think we both know if I wanted to, | 我想我们都知道 只要我愿意 |
[01:33] | I could live in your head rent-free. | 我甚至可以免费住在你的脑袋里 |
[01:35] | It makes you feel any better, | 如果这么说能让你好受点的话 |
[01:35] | I don’t have a case against you, Harvey. | 我没有和你对台的官司 哈维 |
[01:38] | Well, it’s good to see you though. | 不过见到你挺好的 |
[01:39] | Maybe next time it won’t be by chance? | 可能下次就不会是偶遇了 |
[01:50] | Katrina. | 卡特里娜 |
[01:50] | Samantha, are you having a nice– | 萨曼莎 你今天过得愉快吗 |
[01:53] | Do you mind if we skip the chitchat? | 你介意我们跳过闲扯这一步吗 |
[01:54] | – I’d like nothing more. – Great. | -那可太好了 -很好 |
[01:56] | Because I need your help with something. | 因为我需要你帮我个忙 |
[01:57] | – With what? – With getting out of a deal | -帮什么 -帮我解除一份 |
[01:59] | I negotiated for a mobile payment app | 我与客户的信用卡开户行协商拟定的 |
[02:01] | with our client’s credit card provider. | 关于一款移动支付软件的合同 |
[02:05] | But this is a three-year deal | 但这是一份三年的合同 |
[02:07] | and you’re only three months in. | 你们才履行了三个月 |
[02:08] | – That’s what makes it fun. – Let me get this straight. | -这样才有挑战性嘛 -让我捋清楚 |
[02:11] | You want to get out of this contract, | 你想要摆脱这份合同 |
[02:12] | you don’t have any legal grounds to do it, | 你没有任何的合法理由来这么做 |
[02:14] | and you think I can fix your problem for you? | 但你觉得我能替你解决这个问题 |
[02:16] | What I think is if I can find a reason to pay into a trust | 我觉得如果我们能找到理由汇款给信托公司 |
[02:19] | instead of to them directly, then we can squeeze them, | 而不是直接给他们的话 我们就能压榨他们 |
[02:21] | make them take a buyout. | 让他们全盘买下 |
[02:22] | And if you already have that idea, why are you coming to me? | 那既然你已经有想法了 你来找我干什么呢 |
[02:24] | Because I need precedent, | 因为我需要一起先例 |
[02:26] | and legal minutia is one of your specialties. | 法律细节是你的专长 |
[02:28] | – In other words, I owe you. – You sure do. | -换句话说 我欠过你人情 -当然了 |
[02:30] | And you better come up with something fast, | 而你最好快点出成果 |
[02:32] | because I need something by noon. | 因为我需要在中午之前拿到材料 |
[02:33] | Noon? Why noon? | 中午 为什么中午之前就要 |
[02:35] | Because I already started paying into that trust yesterday, | 因为我昨天已经开始给信托机构汇款了 |
[02:38] | and their douche bag attorney moved the hearing up to today. | 而他们的弱智律师把听证会挪到今天了 |
[02:40] | So unless you want to owe me twice, | 所以如果你不想再欠我个人情的话 |
[02:42] | stop asking me questions and start getting me some answers. | 别问我问题了 快给我找出点答案吧 |
[02:50] | Harvey, you needed to see me? | 哈维 你要见我吗 |
[02:53] | I need to know what case I got coming up against Scottie. | 我要知道我有什么要对阵斯科特的案子 |
[02:56] | As far as I know, you don’t have any cases | 据我所知 你没有任何 |
[02:57] | – pending against Scottie. – Then look again, | -即将对阵斯科特的案子 -那再查一遍 |
[03:00] | because I just ran into her at the coffee cart. | 因为我刚刚在咖啡车那碰上她了 |
[03:03] | There’s no way that was a coincidence. | 不可能是巧合的 |
[03:05] | I don’t know, Harvey. The Scottie I remember | 我不知道 哈维 我印象里的斯科特 |
[03:07] | would never come at you from the side like that. | 永远不会像那样来旁敲侧击 |
[03:10] | I thought the whole point was that you two enjoyed | 我还以为整件事的意义就在于 |
[03:11] | attacking each other directly. | 你们俩都喜欢直接攻击对方 |
[03:13] | Well, things change. | 有些事是会变的 |
[03:15] | It looks like she’s operating out of a new playbook. | 看样子她换了本新剧本 |
[03:17] | If she is coming after us, we need to be prepared. | 如果她要对我们下手的话 我们得做好准备 |
[03:20] | Exactly, so why don’t you drop whatever you’re doing | 正是如此 所以你何不放下手头的工作 |
[03:22] | and figure out what case she’s got against us. | 去查清楚她到底要和我们打哪桩对台官司呢 |
[03:24] | Consider it dropped. | 立刻照办 |
[03:34] | Hey, Doc, listen, before we get going, | 医生 听着 我们开始之前 |
[03:36] | I just want to tell you I may need an hour and 15– | 先告诉你一声 我可能需要一小时十五分 |
[03:38] | Holy shit, what’s wrong? | 我的天啊 怎么了 |
[03:40] | Nothing, Louis, | 没事的 路易 |
[03:41] | but I’m afraid I’m going to have to postpone our session. | 但恐怕我们要推迟一下我们的治疗了 |
[03:44] | Stan, are you okay? Because if you need something, | 斯坦 你还好吗 如果你需要什么的话 |
[03:46] | – there isn’t anything I wouldn’t– – I’m fine, Louis. | -我肯定会尽我所能 -我没事 路易 |
[03:48] | It’s a personal issue, and I would rather not discuss it. | 是我的私人问题 我不希望与你讨论 |
[03:51] | Well, I’ve known you for years | 我认识你这么多年了 |
[03:52] | and I’ve never seen that look on your face, | 从来没见你露出过那样的表情 |
[03:53] | so me walking out of here without knowing | 所以我不可能在弄清楚原委之前 |
[03:55] | what’s going on isn’t gonna happen. | 就这么从这里离开 |
[03:56] | Then if you must know, it’s a legal matter. | 如果你非要知道的话 是法律上的问题 |
[03:59] | What kind of legal matter? | 什么样的法律问题呢 |
[04:00] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想说 |
[04:02] | Well, that’s too bad. | 那可真是太糟了 |
[04:03] | Because I can’t represent you | 因为如果你不告诉我发生了什么 |
[04:04] | if you don’t tell me what happened. | 我就没办法代理你 |
[04:05] | Louis, it’s out of the question. | 路易 想都不要想 |
[04:07] | My personal life has nothing to do with you. | 我的私人生活与你毫无关系 |
[04:10] | Nothing to do– Stan, don’t you get it? | 还毫无关系 斯坦 你不明白吗 |
[04:11] | I care about you. I’m a lawyer. | 我关心你 我是个律师 |
[04:14] | And if you’re in some kind of trouble– | 如果你遇到什么麻烦了 |
[04:15] | Louis, please. | 路易 拜托了 |
[04:17] | This is not that serious. | 这事没那么严重 |
[04:19] | Just not every day I’m served with papers. | 只是我可不会每天都收到法院文件 |
[04:22] | So if you will be so kind as to reschedule, | 所以如果你愿意改天再约的话 |
[04:24] | I would greatly appreciate it. | 我会很感激的 |
[04:27] | Okay, Stan. | 好吧 斯坦 |
[04:29] | I’ll see you next week. | 下周见 |
[04:43] | * See the money, wanna stay for your meal * | *看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭* |
[04:46] | * Get another piece of pie for your wife * | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[04:49] | * Everybody wanna know how it feel * | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[04:53] | * Everybody wanna see what it’s like * | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[04:56] | * I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind * | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[04:59] | * Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money * | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[05:03] | * All right * | *好了* |
[05:05] | * All step back, I’m ’bout to dance * | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[05:11] | * The greenback boogie * | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[05:14] | First of all, Mr. Kendrick, | 首先 肯德里克先生 |
[05:15] | I’d like to thank you for sitting down with us. | 我想要感谢你愿意坐下来和我们谈 |
[05:17] | I know your situation’s been difficult. | 我明白你的处境艰难 |
[05:19] | The situation is my wife died. | 我的处境是我妻子死了 |
[05:21] | – Difficult doesn’t cover it. – Of course not. | -何止是艰难 -确实如此 |
[05:23] | Can we just get on with it? | 我们能开始了吗 |
[05:27] | We made a few amendments to your offer. | 我们对你们的提议做了几条修订 |
[05:29] | As you can see, I’ve red-lined the sections– | 你可以看到 我用红线标出来了 |
[05:31] | Hang on. This says we admit it was our fault. | 等一下 这上面写要我们承认是自己的过失 |
[05:33] | – Because it was your fault. – No, it wasn’t. | -因为确实是你们的过失 -不是的 |
[05:35] | And as tragic as this death was, | 尽管这个死亡是个悲剧 |
[05:36] | we’re under no obligation to pay anything. | 但我们没有义务付一分钱 |
[05:38] | – Then why are you? – It doesn’t matter why. | -那你们为什么要付 -为什么不重要 |
[05:40] | I’m not admitting to something that isn’t true. | 我不会承认虚假的事实 |
[05:41] | – Tony, let me– – No, my machines regulate | -托尼 让我 -不 我的机器调节 |
[05:43] | insulin better than any human, | 胰岛素的能力胜过任何人 |
[05:45] | and I’ve dedicated my life to helping people. | 而我一生致力于帮助人们 |
[05:47] | I’m not gonna let them say I didn’t. | 我不会让他们否定我 |
[05:49] | Well, I dedicated my life to caring for my wife. | 我一生致力于照顾我妻子 |
[05:51] | She’s dead now because of your machine. | 现在她被你的机器害死了 |
[05:53] | All right, there’s no need for hostility here, | 好了 这里不需要敌意 |
[05:54] | so let’s calm down, go back to the offer– | 我们冷静下来 继续讨论提议 |
[05:56] | You think I care about your offer? | 你觉得我在乎你的提议吗 |
[05:58] | No amount of money’s going to bring my wife back. | 钱再多也不能让我妻子起死回生 |
[06:01] | All I care about is preventing this | 我只是不想让这样的事 |
[06:02] | from happening to someone else, and that means | 再发生在别人身上 也就是说 |
[06:04] | – making you take responsibility. – Mr. Kendrick– | -让你承担责任 -肯德里克先生 |
[06:06] | That’s enough. A woman is dead because of your client’s product, | 够了 一名女性因为你客户的产品死了 |
[06:09] | and if he won’t admit it, | 如果他不肯承认 |
[06:10] | we’ll make a jury admit it for him. | 我们会说服陪审团替他承认 |
[06:12] | This is our final offer. Take it | 这是我们的最终提议 接受它 |
[06:15] | or we’ll see you in court. | 不然就法庭上见 |
[06:23] | Well, Ms. Wheeler, | 好了 惠勒小姐 |
[06:23] | looks like you’re going to get to pay into that trust after all, | 看来最终你可以向那家信托机构汇款了 |
[06:26] | because if they’re not here in the next two minutes– | 因为如果两分钟内他们没来… |
[06:28] | Sorry, I’m late, Your Honor. | 抱歉 我迟到了 法官大人 |
[06:29] | I had a last-minute SNAFU. | 临时有点事 |
[06:31] | Hold on, I thought Larry Samuels was on this. | 等等 我以为是拉里·塞缪尔负责这案子 |
[06:33] | He was, but Larry’s who they call when they don’t need me. | 是的 但他们用不到我的时候才会找拉里 |
[06:35] | Dana Scott. | 我是达娜·斯科特 |
[06:38] | – Heard a lot about you. – Have you now? | -听说过很多关于你的事 -是吗 |
[06:40] | I actually used to work at your firm | 其实我曾经在你的律所工作 |
[06:41] | back when there were only three names on the wall. | 那时候墙上只有三个名字 |
[06:43] | Now there’s so many it’s hard to keep track. | 现在名字太多都记不住了 |
[06:45] | Well, after this, you’ll keep track just fine. | 好吧 这件案子之后你就能记住了 |
[06:49] | Because you haven’t lived up to your obligations, | 因为你没有履行义务 |
[06:51] | and according to these six precedents, | 而依据这六个先例 |
[06:53] | we have the right to nullify this entire deal right now. | 我们现在有权宣布整个交易无效 |
[06:56] | You don’t have the right to do anything. | 你无权做任何事 |
[06:57] | You’re in violation of your contract. | 你违反了合同 |
[06:58] | Paying into a trust isn’t a violation. | 把钱存入信托机构不是违反合同 |
[07:00] | No, but meeting with the competition is. | 对 但与竞争对手会面是 |
[07:02] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不明白你在说什么 |
[07:04] | No, you just didn’t know I’d find out about it. | 不 你只是不明白我是怎么发现的 |
[07:06] | Because that SNAFU, Your Honor, was waiting on confirmation | 法官大人 我迟来是因为我在等待确认 |
[07:08] | that Samantha Wheeler has engaged in a pattern of dirty tricks, | 萨曼莎·惠勒参与了一系列阴谋诡计 |
[07:11] | unethical behavior, and borderline illegal activity | 不道德行为 以及几近违法的活动 |
[07:14] | all in the name of “representing” her clients. | 全部都是以”代理”她客户的名义 |
[07:17] | And you’re gonna say that about me, | 如果你要这么说我 |
[07:18] | better damn well be able to back it up, | 你最好有办法佐证 |
[07:20] | which you can’t. | 而你没办法 |
[07:22] | Here are three of Ms. Wheeler’s old cases, | 这是惠勒小姐的三件旧案子 |
[07:25] | in them you’ll find payments forced, | 在其中你会发现强制付款 |
[07:27] | settlements withheld, and meetings with the competition | 扣留和解 以及与竞争对手会面 |
[07:29] | just like she did last week. | 就像她上周做的一样 |
[07:31] | How the hell did you get those? | 你是怎么弄到那些的 |
[07:32] | Doesn’t like you’re denying they’re true. | 听起来你不否认它们是真的 |
[07:34] | Ms. Wheeler, did you meet with the competition last week? | 惠勒小姐 你上周与竞争对手会面了吗 |
[07:36] | Your Honor, my past cases have no relevance here. | 法官大人 我的旧案子与此无关 |
[07:39] | No, but your answers to my questions do. | 对 但你对我问题的回答与本案有关 |
[07:41] | Did you meet with them? | 你与竞争对手会面了吗 |
[07:43] | Yes, but– | 是的 但是 |
[07:44] | You came into my chambers ready to lie and cheat | 你到我的办公室来 准备好了要撒谎和欺骗 |
[07:47] | and God knows what else, | 天知道还有什么别的打算 |
[07:48] | so you are going to dissolve that trust, | 信托机构的事情你就别想了 |
[07:50] | you’re gonna pay her client the money you owe them, | 你要把欠她客户的钱付清 |
[07:53] | and I don’t ever want to see you | 而就这个案子我不想再 |
[07:54] | in my chambers on this case again. | 在我的办公室里见到你了 |
[07:59] | All right, Tony, it’s just you and me now. | 好了 托尼 现在只有我俩 |
[08:01] | Please tell me you’re 100% sure this wasn’t your machine. | 请告诉我你百分之百确定不是你机器的问题 |
[08:03] | Alex, have anyone in the world test my machines, | 亚历克斯 让世上任何人检测我的机器 |
[08:06] | every reports gonna say the same thing. | 所有报告都会是一样的结果 |
[08:08] | That woman’s death wasn’t our fault. | 那个女人的死不是我们的错 |
[08:09] | Then what else could have caused it? | 那死因还能是什么 |
[08:11] | Because you heard that man. We’re going to trial. | 因为你听到他说的了 我们要上庭了 |
[08:13] | This doesn’t have to go to trial, Alex, and you know it. | 不一定要上庭 亚历克斯 你心知肚明 |
[08:15] | Just like we both know what caused her death. | 就像我们都心知肚明死因是什么 |
[08:19] | – Shit. – Yeah, I know. | -该死 -我知道 |
[08:21] | It was him, and we’re gonna have to prove it. | 是他干的 我们得想办法证明 |
[08:24] | The question is | 问题是 |
[08:27] | when the time comes, are you gonna have the stomach | 等时候到了 你有胆量 |
[08:29] | to do what needs to be done? | 去做需要做的事吗 |
[08:35] | No, no, not right now, Donna. I’m in the middle of something. | 不 现在不行 唐娜 我有事要忙 |
[08:38] | Well, I’m in the middle of something for Harvey, | 我也要忙哈维的事 |
[08:39] | but these quarterly reports aren’t gonna sign themselves. | 但这些季度报告可不会自己把自己签了 |
[08:42] | Well, put them right over there. | 好吧 放在那边 |
[08:45] | “Boyd versus Lipschitz”? | “博伊德诉利普希茨” |
[08:47] | – Lipschitz as in Dr. Lipschitz? – Yes. | -利普希茨是利普希茨医生吗 -是的 |
[08:50] | He’s being sued, and he tried to make it like it was nothing, | 他被起诉了 他假装没什么大不了 |
[08:53] | but then I pulled his legal filing and– | 但是我调出了他的法律文件… |
[08:54] | – And it’s not nothing. – No, it’s not. | -不是小事 -对 不是 |
[08:56] | One of his patients is a construction foreman, | 他的一个病人是建筑工头 |
[08:58] | had a meltdown at work, there was an accident, | 在工地上精神崩溃了 发生了事故 |
[09:00] | put someone in a coma, and now he claims it | 有人昏迷了 现在他宣称 |
[09:03] | only happened because Lipschitz prescribed the wrong meds. | 都是因为利普希茨开错了药才会发生 |
[09:05] | – Oh, my God. – Yeah, gets worse. | -天啊 -是啊 还有更糟的 |
[09:07] | Instead of coming to me, he went to Dick Corman. | 他没来找我 而是去找了迪克·科曼 |
[09:09] | They lose this case, Donna, he could lose his license. | 唐娜 如果他们败诉 他可能会丢掉执照 |
[09:11] | Wait a second, are you talking about | 等一下 你的意思是 |
[09:12] | trying to convince Lipschitz to let you represent him? | 你想说服利普希茨让你代理他吗 |
[09:15] | Yes, Donna, and I know you’re gonna tell me it’s a bad idea. | 对 唐娜 我知道你要说这是个馊主意 |
[09:17] | It’s not a bad idea, Louis. | 这不是个馊主意 路易 |
[09:18] | If someone I cared about was in a similar situation, | 如果我在乎的人遇到相似的情况 |
[09:20] | wild horses wouldn’t stop me from trying to protect them. | 八匹马都拉不住我去保护他们 |
[09:23] | How could I not support you in doing the same thing? | 我怎么能不支持你做同样的事 |
[09:25] | – You really mean that? – Of course I do. | -你真的这么想 -当然了 |
[09:27] | Well, then what do you say you help me figure out a way | 好吧 那不如你帮我想个办法 |
[09:28] | to convince Stan to let me take his case. | 说服斯坦让我接这个案子吧 |
[09:34] | – Samantha, how’d it go? – I’ll tell you how it went. | -萨曼莎 怎么样 -我来告诉你怎么样 |
[09:36] | I got my ass handed to me | 我被教训了一通 |
[09:38] | because they found out about our meeting with their rival. | 因为他们发现我们和竞争对手会面了 |
[09:40] | What meeting? You didn’t tell me about any meeting. | 什么会面 你没告诉我有会面 |
[09:42] | I didn’t tell anyone, | 我没告诉任何人 |
[09:44] | which mean there’s no way they could have found out | 也就是说他们不可能发现 |
[09:46] | unless they put someone in their competitor’s office. | 除非他们在竞争对手的办公室里安插了人 |
[09:49] | I don’t know, Samantha. That sounds kind of extreme. | 不好说 萨曼莎 这听起来有点极端 |
[09:51] | No, Katrina, it sounds shady, and in my experience, | 不 卡特里娜 这听着很阴 据我所知 |
[09:54] | the other side only does something like that | 对方会做这种事 |
[09:56] | when they have already done something even shadier. | 说明他们做过更阴的事 |
[09:58] | So you think they’re hiding something | 所以你觉得他们有所隐瞒 |
[09:59] | – and you’re gonna find it. – No, we’re gonna find it. | -你要查清楚 -不 是我们要查清楚 |
[10:02] | Because there’s no way in hell | 因为我绝对不会让 |
[10:03] | I’m gonna let Dana Scott get the better of me. | 达娜·斯科特赢过我 |
[10:06] | – Wait, who? – Dana Scott. | -等等 谁 -达娜·斯科特 |
[10:08] | I know she used to work here or something. | 我知道她曾经在这里工作什么的 |
[10:09] | – She didn’t just work here. – What does that mean? | -她不仅仅是在这里工作过 -什么意思 |
[10:14] | I’m not sure it’s really my place to– | 我不确定这个适合我来… |
[10:16] | Katrina, do I have to say it again? | 卡特里娜 还要我再说一遍吗 |
[10:19] | You owe me. | 你欠我个人情 |
[10:20] | She and Harvey were together, | 她跟哈维原来在一起 |
[10:24] | so if she knows things she shouldn’t, | 所以如果她知道不该知道的事情 |
[10:26] | he’s the first place I’d look. | 如果是我 我会先去问哈维 |
[10:31] | Hey, Harvey. | 哈维 |
[10:32] | Dick over any of your partners lately? | 最近有没有背叛你的合伙人 |
[10:34] | Samantha, nice weather we’re having. | 萨曼莎 今天天气真好啊 |
[10:36] | Did you hear what I said? | 你听见我刚刚说的话了吗 |
[10:37] | Yeah, and I ignored it | 听见了 我选择无视 |
[10:38] | because I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 因为我完全不知道你在说什么 |
[10:40] | The name Dana Scott ring any bells? | 达娜·斯科特这个名字有印象吗 |
[10:42] | Because you just helped her | 因为你刚刚帮她 |
[10:43] | make me look like a sleazebag in front of a judge. | 让我在法官面前表现的像个下贱小人一样 |
[10:45] | Slow your roll, Tiger. I didn’t help her do anything. | 话可别说太快 我什么也没帮她 |
[10:47] | All I said was, “You’re a badass and sometimes…” | 我只说了 “你很厉害而且有时会…” |
[10:51] | Sometimes what? I work in the gray? | 有时候会什么 利用灰色地带吗 |
[10:53] | Because she used that against me. | 因为她利用了这一点来对付我 |
[10:55] | All right, I guess I did give her that, | 好吧 那确实是我告诉她的 |
[10:56] | but I didn’t do it to help her. | 但我说这些可不是为了帮她 |
[10:58] | Well, whether you meant to help her or not, you did. | 不管你本意如何 你还是帮了 |
[11:00] | So how about leveling the field and helping the home team? | 所以何不公平一点 来帮帮自家队伍 |
[11:04] | No way. I’m not getting involved. | 没门 我不会参与进来的 |
[11:05] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[11:06] | Because it’ll just make her want to win all the more. | 因为这只会让她更想赢 |
[11:10] | So you’re that kind of guy. | 所以你是那种人 |
[11:12] | What kind of guy? | 哪种人 |
[11:13] | Handsome, powerful men– goes one of two ways. | 有权又英俊的男人总是走下面两条路中的一条 |
[11:15] | You either want a woman who doesn’t challenge you at all | 你要么想找一个完全不会挑战你的女人 |
[11:17] | or you want one who challenges you all the time. | 要么想找一个无时无刻不在挑战你的女人 |
[11:20] | I’m sorry, I stopped listening after | 不好意思 有权又英俊那几个字之后 |
[11:22] | the handsome and powerful part. | 我都没在听 |
[11:24] | The thing is, Harvey, | 问题是 哈维 |
[11:25] | with someone who challenges you all the time, | 如果有人一直在挑战你 |
[11:28] | there’s always unfinished business. | 那你们俩之间永远也断不干净 |
[11:31] | This is your chance to finish it. | 这就是你断干净的机会 |
[11:32] | No, Samantha, this is just a chance to rip open an old scar, | 不 萨曼莎 这只是个揭旧伤疤的机会 |
[11:35] | and I’m not doing it. | 我不会这么做的 |
[11:37] | Well, she just ripped me open, | 她刚刚把我的伤疤揭了 |
[11:39] | and I’m gonna do whatever it takes to return the favor. | 无论如何我都要回敬她 |
[11:41] | You don’t want to help me, don’t, | 你要是不想帮忙 就别帮 |
[11:42] | but you sure as hell better stop helping her. | 但你最好也别再帮她 |
[11:58] | – Katrina. – Harvey. | -卡特里娜 -哈维 |
[12:00] | – What are you doing in here? – Just having a coffee. | -你在这里干嘛 -我就喝杯咖啡 |
[12:03] | No, you’re here because you know | 不 你在这里是因为你知道 |
[12:05] | I’m working with Samantha in her office | 我和萨曼莎在她的办公室里共事 |
[12:07] | and you don’t want her to hear what you have to say. | 你不想让她听见你要说的话 |
[12:09] | What if I don’t? You gonna tell her about this? | 如果我确实不想呢 你会告诉她吗 |
[12:12] | I guess that depends on exactly what it is you want. | 我猜这取决于你想要的是什么 |
[12:15] | I want to know if there’s a deal to be had here. | 我想知道现在有没有可能和解 |
[12:17] | I don’t know. Right now, Samantha is so pissed | 我不知道 现在萨曼莎很生气 |
[12:20] | I don’t think she’d take anything less | 我想她除了大获全胜以外 |
[12:21] | – than an outright win. – And on top of that, | -什么也不会接受的 -除此之外 |
[12:22] | Samantha won’t stop looking for leverage | 萨曼莎也不会停止寻找筹码 |
[12:24] | until she finds something that gives her the upper hand. | 直到找到能帮她的为止 |
[12:27] | Pretty much, yeah. | 基本上是这样的 |
[12:29] | Tell me this… | 告诉我… |
[12:32] | what would a compromise look like? | 妥协看起来会如何 |
[12:39] | Louis, what are you doing? | 路易 你在干什么 |
[12:40] | I’ll tell you what I’m not doing. | 我告诉你我不会干的是什么 |
[12:41] | I’m not leaving until you sign this engagement letter. | 在你签下这份委托书前 我不会走的 |
[12:43] | I told you, I have the matter handled. | 我告诉过你了 这件事我已经找人处理了 |
[12:45] | By Dick Corman | 你找的是迪克·科曼 |
[12:47] | who couldn’t handle his way out of a paper bag. | 他这个人笨手笨脚的 |
[12:50] | Now either you let me do this or you tell me what’s going on, | 现在你要么让我接手 要么告诉我事情经过 |
[12:51] | but I’m a better lawyer than this guy. | 但比起他 我才是更好的律师 |
[12:53] | – Louis, please. – Stan, don’t you believe | -路易 别这样 -斯坦 难道你不信 |
[12:55] | that I’m great at what I do? | 我在职业方面很出色吗 |
[12:57] | Because if I thought you didn’t think that, | 因为如果我觉得你不信 |
[12:58] | I wouldn’t have seen you all these years. | 这些年我根本不会见你 |
[12:59] | I do believe you’re great at what you do, | 我确实相信你在职业方面很出色 |
[13:02] | but you overreact. | 但你会反应过度 |
[13:03] | Particularly when it involves people you care about. | 尤其是当事情牵涉到你在乎的人的时候 |
[13:06] | God damn it, Stan, your career is on the line. | 该死的 斯坦 你的事业已经岌岌可危了 |
[13:08] | You hire me, you have my word that won’t happen. | 你要是让我来 我保证这件事不会发生 |
[13:11] | I am well aware my career is on the line, Louis. | 我知道我的事业岌岌可危 路易 |
[13:14] | It is all I can think about. | 现在我脑子里全是这件事 |
[13:15] | Well, then think about this. | 那你想想 |
[13:17] | How many times have you told me that I get in my own way? | 多少次你告诉我 我在挡自己的路 |
[13:20] | Well, now you’re getting in yours, | 现在你也在挡你自己的路 |
[13:22] | because I am the best man for this job | 因为我才是最适合来处理这事的人选 |
[13:24] | and deep down you know it. | 你心里也清楚 |
[13:29] | Okay, Louis, you can represent me, | 好吧 路易 你可以做我的律师 |
[13:33] | but under one condition. | 但有个条件 |
[13:34] | I just told you I’ll keep myself in check. | 我说过我会管好自己的 |
[13:36] | No, Louis. One other condition. | 不 路易 不是这个条件 |
[13:43] | – Thanks, Bill. – Who’s Bill? | -谢谢 比尔 -谁是比尔 |
[13:45] | Just one of my many lovers calling to say hi. | 我众多的情人之一罢了 他打电话问个好 |
[13:48] | Or your doorman calling to say he’s got your dry cleaning. | 或是你家门卫打电话来说他拿了你的干洗衣服 |
[13:50] | Why can’t he be both? | 为何不能二者兼顾呢 |
[13:52] | Now why don’t you tell me what you’re doing | 所以你现在何不告诉我 |
[13:53] | in enemy territory. | 你到敌方领土来 究竟有何贵干 |
[13:54] | See, that’s the thing, Scottie. | 这就是问题所在 斯科特 |
[13:57] | You’re an opponent. You’re not an enemy. | 你是个对手 并不是敌人 |
[14:01] | I don’t want to see you get hurt. | 我不想看见你受伤 |
[14:04] | – What is that? – A way out. | -那是什么 -一条出路 |
[14:05] | We buy your client at a fair price, | 我们以公平的价格收购你的客户 |
[14:07] | they make a fortune, everybody comes out ahead. | 他们也赚了钱 对大家都好 |
[14:09] | I don’t believe it. I win the championship | 我不信 我赢了比赛 |
[14:11] | and you want me to share the trophy? | 你还想让我分享奖杯 |
[14:12] | You didn’t win anything yet, | 你目前还什么都没赢到 |
[14:14] | – and she’s not letting this go. – So what? | -她也不会放弃的 -那又如何 |
[14:16] | So you two are on a collision course, | 所以你俩正在碰撞航线上 |
[14:18] | – and it isn’t gonna be pretty. – I didn’t pick this fight. | -到时候场面不会好看 -不是我挑的事 |
[14:21] | But you escalated it by using information you got from me | 但你用从我嘴里套的话 让战火升级了 |
[14:24] | to go personal against my partner. | 这样就是私人针对我的合伙人 |
[14:26] | I did what I had to do on behalf of my client. | 我站在我客户的立场上 做了我该做的 |
[14:28] | Well, Samantha’s gonna do what she has to | 那么萨曼莎也会做她该做的 |
[14:30] | and trust me, what she’s willing to do | 相信我 她愿意做的事情 |
[14:33] | isn’t something you want a piece of. | 你一点都不会想要的 |
[14:36] | Does she even know about this? | 她知道这次我们俩的见面吗 |
[14:39] | I should have known. Get out of my office, Harvey. | 我就知道 离开我的办公室 哈维 |
[14:42] | I don’t believe this. | 真是奇了怪了 |
[14:44] | You lie to my face about taking a case against me, | 你当着我的面撒谎 说没有接对付我的案子 |
[14:46] | and now you’re upset that I don’t have | 现在你又生气 就因为 |
[14:48] | Samantha’s approval before coming over here? | 在来之前我没有经过萨曼莎的同意 |
[14:50] | I said that I didn’t have a case against you, not her. | 我说的是没有针对你的案子 不是她 |
[14:53] | Well, now you do have a case against me | 那现在你就有对付我的案子了 |
[14:55] | whether you like it or not, because I gave you that offer, | 不管你想不想 因为我给你开了条件 |
[14:58] | which means you have to present it to your client. | 你必须把那份文件拿给你的客户看 |
[15:00] | You are not one of the attorneys listed on this case. | 你并不在本案所列律师名单之中 |
[15:02] | I do not have to present anything, | 我不必给他们看任何东西 |
[15:03] | and even if I did, I can tell you what they’d say. | 就算我要 我也可以告诉你他们的回答 |
[15:05] | – “Go to hell.” – Scottie– | -“滚吧” -斯科特 |
[15:07] | Thank you for the warning, Harvey, | 多谢警告 哈维 |
[15:08] | but I’m doing just fine. | 但我很好 |
[15:11] | Okay, have it your way, but don’t come crying to me | 行 你爱怎么来怎么来 但等她 |
[15:13] | when she figures out how to turn the tables. | 想到逆转局势的方法时 别来找我哭 |
[15:27] | – Hello? – Samantha, it’s Dana Scott. | -喂 -萨曼莎 我是达娜·斯科特 |
[15:30] | Dana, to what do I owe the pleasure? | 达娜 你怎么会亲自给我打电话 |
[15:33] | Look, we got off on the wrong foot today. | 听着 今天我们初次见面就很不愉快 |
[15:36] | You obviously don’t want to be in business with us anymore, | 你显然不想再和我们掺和了 |
[15:38] | – so I came up with a compromise. – I’m listening. | -所以我想出了一个妥协方案 -我在听 |
[15:41] | You honor your contract for the next 18 months | 你在接下来的18个月里履行你的合同 |
[15:43] | and reduce your fees every quarter after that, | 并且在之后的每个季度里减少费用 |
[15:46] | and we won’t enforce our exclusivity clause. | 我们也不会执行我们的独家经营条款 |
[15:48] | I get it–you get to keep your revenue stream | 我明白了 你们必须稳住你们的利润流 |
[15:50] | so your earnings don’t take a hit, | 这样你们的收入不会受到重大损失 |
[15:52] | and we get to quietly pursue a new partnership. | 我们还能悄悄去寻找新的合作关系 |
[15:55] | Plus, you save the backlash from me telling the judge | 另外 你还能让我不告诉法官 |
[15:58] | that you’re still working on this–like I know you are. | 你还在做这件事 就像我知道的那样 |
[16:00] | I gotta say… it’s a pretty good move. | 我得说 这招很妙 |
[16:04] | And under other circumstances, you’d have yourself a deal. | 在其他情况下 我就同意了 |
[16:07] | What other circumstances? | 什么其他情况 |
[16:08] | One where there wasn’t more going on here than meets the eye. | 当发生的事没有眼前这么复杂时 |
[16:11] | There’s nothing else going on here. | 没有发生什么别的事 |
[16:12] | Save it. You’re coming to me | 省省吧 你在抓到 |
[16:13] | with a compromise when you have me? | 我把柄时还来找我妥协 |
[16:17] | You did something here, and I’m gonna find it. | 你肯定做了什么 我会找出来的 |
[16:19] | What makes you think I won’t find out more on you? | 你凭什么觉得我找不出你更多的把柄了 |
[16:21] | Because it took me barely an hour | 因为我只花了大概一小时 |
[16:22] | to find out what I already did. | 就找出了你的把柄 |
[16:23] | I think playing dirty isn’t your specialty. | 我觉得玩阴的不是你的专长 |
[16:26] | You took a walk on the wild side, | 你选择在悬崖边走钢丝 |
[16:28] | and turns out you fucked with the wrong marine. | 事实证明你挑错对手了 |
[16:31] | – Listen to me– – Sorry, Dana. | -听我说 -抱歉 达娜 |
[16:32] | I’m done listening | 我不想再听了 |
[16:33] | because I got to get back to looking. | 因为我得继续去找你的光荣事迹了 |
[16:38] | Gretchen, need something? | 格蕾琴 有什么事吗 |
[16:40] | The report on that diabetes machine came in. | 糖尿病机器的报告出来了 |
[16:43] | Why are you bringing me this? | 你为什么把这个给我 |
[16:44] | Because I know you’re gonna use it to attack that husband. | 因为我知道你会用这个去攻击那个丈夫 |
[16:47] | Gretchen, if you’re here to tell me not to go after him, | 格蕾琴 如果你是来告诉我不要伤害他 |
[16:49] | I’m already twisted up about it anyway. | 我为这件事已经很纠结了 |
[16:50] | As someone whose husband died of diabetes, | 作为一个丈夫死于糖尿病的人 |
[16:52] | I’m telling you do what you have to do. | 我在让你去做你该做的事 |
[16:54] | Your husband died of diabetes? | 你的丈夫死于糖尿病 |
[16:56] | He did. And that man is grieving. | 是的 而那个男人正处于悲痛中 |
[16:59] | He’s looking for an answer, and I can’t blame him, | 他在寻找答案 我不能怪他 |
[17:01] | but without machines like that one, | 但是如果没有像那台一样的机器 |
[17:04] | my Carl wouldn’t have lived as long as he did. | 我的卡尔不会活那么久的 |
[17:09] | Hey, how did you even know about this case? | 你是怎么知道这个案子的 |
[17:12] | Well, we never really discussed the client you lost because of me. | 我们从没真正讨论过那个你因我而失去的客户 |
[17:17] | We didn’t need to. | 我们没必要讨论 |
[17:18] | They never should have asked me to let you go, | 他们不该让我解雇你 |
[17:20] | and I never would have done it anyway. | 不管怎样我都不会那么做的 |
[17:21] | All the same, I never thanked you | 无论如何 我从没谢过你 |
[17:23] | ’cause I didn’t know how. | 因为我不知道要如何报答你 |
[17:25] | So you were keeping tabs on my cases | 所以你一直在跟进我的案子 |
[17:27] | waiting for a way to help. | 寻找机会帮助我 |
[17:28] | I know it really isn’t helping, but– | 我知道其实没怎么帮上忙 但是 |
[17:30] | Gretchen, you just showed me | 格蕾琴 你刚刚让我知道了 |
[17:32] | it was okay to do something i never thought I’d have to do. | 去做我从未想过要做的事 是可以的 |
[17:34] | If that isn’t help, I don’t know what is. | 如果这都不算帮忙 我不知道什么才算 |
[17:37] | Thanks, Alex. | 谢谢 亚历克斯 |
[17:46] | All right, we’ve been at this for hours. | 好了 我们已经忙了几小时了 |
[17:48] | It’s getting us nowhere. | 完全没有进展 |
[17:50] | We need to shake down some employees. | 我们得去勒索一些员工 |
[17:52] | And that’s all well and good, | 那是没问题 |
[17:53] | but if we don’t know what to ask, | 但是如果我们不知道问什么 |
[17:54] | we’re not going to get any answers. | 我们是得不到答案的 |
[17:56] | Yes, we will. | 不 我们会找到答案的 |
[17:57] | They don’t know what we don’t know. | 他们不知道我们不知道什么 |
[17:59] | They don’t know what we don’t know. | 他们不知道我们不知道什么 |
[18:00] | Yeah, that’s what I just said. | 是 那是我刚说过的话 |
[18:02] | No, Samantha, I’m saying according to this report | 不 萨曼莎 我是说根据这份报告 |
[18:04] | their accounts are growing by 200% a month. | 他们的开户人数每月增长两倍 |
[18:07] | Wait a second, if that’s true, | 等等 如果那是真的 |
[18:08] | why are they clinging to this deal like a life raft? | 他们为什么像抓救命稻草似的力争这份协议 |
[18:10] | Because maybe they’re not really growing by 200% a month. | 因为也许他们的客户数量并没有每月增长两倍 |
[18:17] | Look. | 看 |
[18:18] | February… | 二月 |
[18:21] | 5 million new users, | 五百万新用户 |
[18:22] | but 60% didn’t meet the transaction threshold, | 但是六成没有达标交易阈值 |
[18:25] | parsing a likelihood of the fact– | 分析这个现象的可能性 |
[18:26] | Katrina, English. | 卡特里娜 说人话 |
[18:28] | 60% of these card holders | 六成的持卡者 |
[18:31] | don’t even seem to know they have the cards. | 似乎都不知道他们有这张卡 |
[18:36] | Holy shit. | 我的天 |
[18:37] | The people are real, but the accounts are fake. | 人是真实存在的 但是账户是假的 |
[18:41] | This isn’t just shady, | 这不只是阴谋诡计了 |
[18:42] | this is the type of shit that lands someone in prison. | 这是那种能让人进监狱的把柄 |
[18:48] | – Wait till the judge sees this. – The judge? | -我就等着让法官看到证据了 -法官 |
[18:51] | Why don’t you just leverage them into letting us out? | 你为什么不利用这个摆脱他们的控制 |
[18:54] | Because I have the upper hand now. | 因为我现在占了上风 |
[18:55] | I’m not giving her a chance to get it back. | 我不会让她夺回主动权的 |
[18:57] | Samantha, if she has anything to do with this, | 萨曼莎 如果她和这件事有任何关联 |
[18:59] | it would ruin her. | 这会毁了她的 |
[19:00] | And if she didn’t want to be ruined, | 如果她不想被击垮 |
[19:02] | she shouldn’t have gotten involved in this, | 她就不该涉足这件事 |
[19:03] | and she damn sure shouldn’t have fucked with me. | 她更不该和我对着干 |
[19:07] | I want everything you have ready for court in 36 hours. | 我要你三十六小时内准备好所有上庭文件 |
[19:20] | Scottie, what are you doing here? | 斯科特 你来这里做什么 |
[19:22] | I need to know if Samantha Wheeler | 我想知道萨曼莎·惠勒是否 |
[19:24] | is really the attack dog Harvey says she is. | 真的像哈维说的那样是只疯狗 |
[19:25] | No, I heard about you tricking Harvey | 不 我听说了你欺骗哈维 |
[19:27] | into giving you information. | 让他给你信息 |
[19:28] | I’m not gonna let you do the same thing to me. | 我不会让你对我做同样的事 |
[19:30] | This is not about tricking you, Donna. | 这和欺骗你无关 唐娜 |
[19:32] | This is about me staying out of prison. | 这和我不进监狱有关 |
[19:34] | What? | 什么 |
[19:36] | Please. | 拜托 |
[19:51] | My clients have been creating fake accounts. | 我的客户在创建假账户 |
[19:53] | I found out about it, and I’ve been helping them cover it up. | 我发现了这件事 并在帮助他们隐瞒真相 |
[19:55] | – How could you– – I know. | -你怎么能 -我知道 |
[19:57] | I put a stop to it, but if I can buy them some time, | 我停手了 但如果我能给他们争取到些时间 |
[19:59] | they can dig themselves out, | 他们就能自己解决问题 |
[20:00] | and hundreds of good people can keep their jobs. | 数以百计的好人可以保住他们的工作 |
[20:03] | Scottie, what exactly are you here to ask me? | 斯科特 你来这里到底想问我什么 |
[20:06] | I want you to convince Harvey | 我想要你说服哈维 |
[20:07] | to make Samantha honor that contract. | 让萨曼莎遵守那份合同 |
[20:10] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[20:11] | With a company that’s committed fraud? | 为一个实施诈骗的公司 |
[20:13] | They’re making up for the fake accounts, | 他们在伪造假帐户 |
[20:15] | but they lose their contract, they go under, | 但如果他们失去合同 最终倒闭 |
[20:16] | and everything comes out. | 所有事情都会浮出水面 |
[20:19] | Okay, let’s say that I believe you. | 好的 就算我相信你 |
[20:24] | Why are you coming to me and not Harvey? | 你为什么来找我而不是哈维 |
[20:25] | Because he came to me with a deal | 因为他带着提议来找我 |
[20:26] | – and I told him to go to hell. – Why would you do that? | -而我让他滚一边去 -你为什么那么做 |
[20:28] | Because if we take that deal, | 因为如果我们接受了那份协议 |
[20:29] | they open up the books and everything comes out anyway. | 他们公开账目 事情还是会水落石出 |
[20:32] | And that all sounds great, | 一切听着没问题 |
[20:33] | but Harvey’s gonna find out one way or the other, | 但是无论怎样哈维都会发现真相 |
[20:35] | and you want me to tell him instead of telling him yourself. | 而你自己不想说 却想让我告诉他 |
[20:38] | So what the hell is really going on? | 所以到底是怎么回事 |
[20:39] | Okay, fine, you want the truth? | 好的 你想知道事情真相 |
[20:44] | I’m ashamed of what I did, | 我为自己的所作所为感到羞愧 |
[20:47] | and maybe I wouldn’t have done it | 如果那么做不能保住那些人的工作 |
[20:48] | if it didn’t save those jobs, but maybe I would have… | 也许我就不会那么做 但也许我还会那么做 |
[20:52] | because I signed that company. | 因为是我签下的那家公司 |
[20:53] | I put my ass on the line for them, | 我为了他们让自己处于危险之中 |
[20:56] | and I wasn’t going to let them fail. | 我不会就这么让他们倒闭的 |
[20:57] | And if that’s the case, | 如果是这样的话 |
[20:58] | Harvey would definitely understand | 哈维一定会理解的 |
[21:00] | because he’s done the exact same thing himself. | 因为他自己也做过完全相同的事 |
[21:01] | Maybe he would, but I need him to do this. | 也许他会这么做 但是我需要他这么做 |
[21:03] | And let’s face it, | 让我们面对事实 |
[21:05] | for a long time now, | 很长时间以来 |
[21:05] | you’ve had a lot more sway over him than me. | 你对他的影响比我的大多了 |
[21:09] | I convince him to help you. | 我会说服他帮你 |
[21:12] | From now on, you steer clear of our firm. | 但从现在开始 你要远离我们律所 |
[21:15] | You mean steer clear of Harvey. | 你是说远离哈维 |
[21:16] | I said what I meant, Scottie. | 我说真的 斯科特 |
[21:19] | Yes or no? | 答应不答应 |
[21:24] | – Mr. Grant, you have a moment? – Actually, no. | -格兰特先生 你有时间吗 -没有时间 |
[21:26] | Yeah, I don’t care. My name is Louis Litt, | 我不在乎 我叫路易·利特 |
[21:28] | and I’m representing Dr. Stanley Lipschitz. | 我将代理斯坦利·利普希茨医生 |
[21:30] | I thought Dick Corman was representing– | 我以为是迪克·科曼 |
[21:31] | You thought you got lucky and Dick Corman was handling this. | 你以为你走运了让迪克·科曼接这个案子 |
[21:33] | Well, unfortunately for you, the big dogs are here. | 很不幸 大人物来了 |
[21:35] | Well, they better be here with a big, fat settlement | 那最好是和一份高额和解协议一起来的 |
[21:38] | ’cause my client lost his livelihood | 因为我的客户因为你客户的错误 |
[21:39] | due to your client’s mistake. | 失去了收入来源 |
[21:40] | Your client lost his livelihood | 你的客户失去生计 |
[21:41] | because he had a manic episode at work. | 是因为他在工作时躁狂发作 |
[21:44] | And I have 50 years of precedent that says | 而我有五十年的先例作证 |
[21:45] | you cannot blame a doctor | 这种事与 |
[21:47] | for reasonably prescribing medication. | 开具处方的医生无关 |
[21:49] | Now normally, I would walk in here and say | 一般的话 我会进来通知你 |
[21:50] | I’ve got you by the balls, squeeze a little tighter | 我抓住了你的小辫子 再一点一点地 |
[21:53] | until you beg me for mercy, but I’m not gonna do that. | 把你逼到跪地求饶 但是我不打算这么做 |
[21:55] | – Oh, no? – No. | -是吗 -是的 |
[21:56] | I’m gonna offer you a reasonable settlement | 我打算给你一份协议和解 |
[21:58] | that you’re gonna take, because there’s not one person | 你要接受 因为这世界上 |
[21:59] | on the planet that believes my client was at fault here. | 没有一个人会认为这是我客户的责任 |
[22:03] | Actually, there is one person. | 事实上 有一个人就相信 |
[22:05] | And he just happens to be the leading expert in the field. | 而这个人还恰好是这个行业的专家 |
[22:09] | So you’re gonna take whatever you’re offer was | 你要接受给你的条件 还要再加 |
[22:10] | and add two more zeroes, because I got you, asshole, | 两个零 因为我抓住了你的把柄 混蛋 |
[22:13] | – and that testimony proves it. – It proves nothing, | -而这份证词证明了 -才没有 |
[22:15] | and when I get through with your so-called expert, | 等我收拾完你所谓的专家 |
[22:17] | all the jury’s gonna see is a quack who is willing | 陪审团只会看到一个见钱眼开 |
[22:19] | to sell his testimony to the highest bidder. | 为了钱愿意胡说八道的骗子 |
[22:22] | I’ll see you in court. | 我们庭上见 |
[22:26] | Mr. Kendrick, did your wife | 肯德里克先生 你妻子 |
[22:28] | manage her insulin levels all by herself? | 是自己监管她的胰岛素水平的吗 |
[22:30] | No, her doctor set her base levels, | 不 她的医生给她设置基本参数 |
[22:32] | and I monitored her daily needs. | 她日常的需要是我监管的 |
[22:33] | And isn’t it true you recently changed | 你最近更换了你用的胰岛素盒牌子 |
[22:35] | the brand of cartridge you used? | 这是不是真的 |
[22:36] | Yes, we tried the newest one on the market, | 是的 我们在试用市场最新品牌 |
[22:38] | but your machine said it would accommodate. | 但你的机器说它适配 |
[22:40] | And it does, but it also requires | 也确实适用 但它同时需要 |
[22:42] | the overnight dosage time to be manually set by the user. | 用户手动调整隔夜剂量时间 |
[22:45] | – Who did that? – I did. | -谁做了这件事 -我 |
[22:46] | And I set the machine for 2:00 A.M. like always. | 我设定机器在凌晨两点启动 一如既往 |
[22:48] | Then why did the machine not deliver the dosage | 那机器为什么直到凌晨三点 |
[22:50] | – until 3:00 a.M.? – I don’t know. | -才注射药物 -我不知道 |
[22:52] | – Why don’t you ask your client? – I have. | -你怎么不去问你的客户 -我问了 |
[22:54] | I’ve also asked an expert third party to check the machine. | 我也找了第三方专家检查机器 |
[22:57] | And they both said it was working fine, | 他们都说机器运转正常 |
[22:58] | yet that dose was not delivered until 3:00. | 但那剂药物却三点才被注射 |
[23:00] | – Is there a question here? – Yes. | -你有问题吗 -有 |
[23:02] | Is it possible, Mr. Kendrick, | 有没有可能 肯德里克先生 |
[23:03] | that you set the machine for 3:00 A.M.? | 是你把时间设置在了三点 |
[23:05] | – No, absolutely not. – How can you be sure? | -不 不可能 -你怎么就能确定 |
[23:07] | Because I double-checked the time. | 因为我检查了两遍时间 |
[23:09] | I always double-check the time and it said 2:00. | 我一直都会检查两遍时间 写的就是两点 |
[23:11] | – When did you double-check it? – Right before we went to bed. | -什么时候检查的 -我们睡觉前 |
[23:13] | – And what time was that? – I don’t remember– | -那是什么时候 -我不记得… |
[23:15] | You don’t remember the time, | 你不记得时间 |
[23:16] | but you remember checking the machine. | 但你却记得自己检查了机器 |
[23:18] | Yes, I do, and it was probably around 10:00. | 是的 当时大概十点左右 |
[23:20] | So it was late. You were tired. | 所以当时很晚了 而且你很累了 |
[23:22] | – That doesn’t mean– – You could make a mistake? | -这也不代表… -你会犯错吗 |
[23:24] | Why not? Because you’re perfect? | 为什么 你就是完美的吗 |
[23:26] | You’re a computer? A machine? | 你是电脑吗 还是机器 |
[23:27] | – That’s not fair! – No, what’s not fair | -这不公平 -不 不公平的是 |
[23:29] | is you blaming my client for your mistake, | 你要因为自己的错误责怪我的客户 |
[23:32] | because there are only two factors here– | 因为这件事里只有两个因素 |
[23:33] | that machine and you. | 机器和你 |
[23:34] | And when I present all this plus the fact | 当我把这些 以及我们的机器 |
[23:36] | there is no instance of our machine ever failing, | 从未出过错的事实摆在庭上 |
[23:38] | even if the jury finds in your favor, | 哪怕陪审团向着你 |
[23:40] | the judge will throw it out as a matter of law. | 法官也会依法不予理睬 |
[23:42] | I checked that time. I see it in my mind, | 那天我检查了 我记得很清楚 |
[23:44] | and you are never going to tell me different. | 你说什么都没用 |
[23:51] | How low can you be to pin this on him? | 你居然好意思说是他的责任 |
[23:53] | Don’t give me that. My client started this company | 少来这套 我的客户办这家公司 |
[23:55] | because his own family needed it, | 是因为他自己的亲人需要它 |
[23:56] | and the world’s a better place because he did. | 而且它也造福了全世界 |
[23:58] | We gave you an offer. It still stands. | 我们的报价依然有效 |
[24:01] | I’d advise your client to take it. | 我建议你的客户接受 |
[24:09] | Harvey, we need to talk about Scottie. | 哈维 我们得谈谈斯科特的事 |
[24:10] | – No, we don’t. – Yeah, we do, | -不用 -需要 |
[24:12] | because this isn’t just the usual case of you two | 因为这不是平时你们俩 |
[24:14] | screwing each other over for fun. | 互相拆台闹着玩的案子 |
[24:16] | – She’s– – I know. | -她… -我知道 |
[24:18] | She’s involved in some shady shit. | 她做了些见不得人的事情 |
[24:20] | You know? How? | 你知道 你怎么会知道 |
[24:22] | Doesn’t matter how. | 不重要 |
[24:24] | Okay, then what are you gonna do about it? | 好吧 那你打算怎么做 |
[24:26] | I’m not gonna do anything about it. | 我不打算做什么 |
[24:28] | She had every chance to ask for help, | 她完全有机会求助 |
[24:30] | she didn’t, and when I came to her with a deal, | 但她没有 我带了很好的条件去找她 |
[24:32] | – she told me to go to hell. – Yeah, | -她还让我碰一鼻子灰 -是 |
[24:33] | because if she took that deal, it would all come out. | 因为如果她接受 事情就会暴露 |
[24:35] | Well, it’s all gonna come out now anyway. | 反正这下也要暴露了 |
[24:38] | I don’t believe this. | 我真不敢相信 |
[24:40] | What is wrong with you? | 你到底是怎么了 |
[24:43] | She’s only in this mess because | 她犯了这种错 |
[24:44] | she tried to save people’s jobs, | 是因为她想帮那些人保住工作 |
[24:45] | and you might have done the exact same thing. | 如果换你恐怕也会做一样的事 |
[24:47] | Why the hell are you even defending her? | 你又为什么来替她说话 |
[24:49] | – Why shouldn’t I defend her? – Because you’ve always been– | -我为什么不该 -因为你一直 |
[24:51] | Been what? | 一直怎么 |
[24:53] | Afraid to say it? | 不敢说吗 |
[24:55] | Yeah, that’s not a surprise. | 也不意外 |
[24:58] | Well, Harvey, believe it or not, | 哈维 不管你信不信 |
[25:00] | I care about her. | 我很在乎她 |
[25:02] | And every time we’ve ever needed her | 而每次我们需要帮助 |
[25:04] | she’s been there for us. | 她都帮了 |
[25:05] | Not last year with Stanley Gordon. | 去年斯坦利·戈登的事就没帮 |
[25:06] | Maybe not every time, | 也许不是有求必应 |
[25:07] | but when it was you on the line or Mike, | 但当你或者迈克出事 |
[25:09] | she was there for us. And in case you forgot, | 她都帮了我们 不知道你忘了没有 |
[25:11] | you basically did the exact same thing with Teddy Doyle, | 泰迪·道尔的事上你做了一样的事 |
[25:13] | and not a week ago you came to me to save your ass | 不到一周前你还来找我帮忙救你 |
[25:16] | just like she did this morning. | 就像今天早上她来找我一样 |
[25:17] | You two are peas in a pod, you always have been. | 你们俩太像 一直如此 |
[25:20] | And for a guy who says loyalty is a two-way street… | 对一个声称忠诚是双向的人来说 |
[25:23] | you sure as hell aren’t acting like it. | 你的言行不一 |
[25:24] | Because we aren’t two peas in a pod. | 因为我们俩根本不像 |
[25:26] | She’s supposed to be better than me. | 她应该比我做得好的 |
[25:29] | – Harvey. – Donna, she did this. | -哈维 -唐娜 是她犯了错 |
[25:32] | She didn’t even tell me about it, | 她还没告诉我 |
[25:33] | and now I’m supposed to make my new partner, | 现在我还得去找我的新合伙人 |
[25:35] | who I unknowingly sold out, | 那个被我无意中出卖的合伙人 |
[25:37] | take it easy…on the person I sold her out to. | 让她放过那个我把她卖给的人 |
[25:41] | And I understand all that, but if it were me, | 这些我都懂 但如果是我 |
[25:44] | I’d get Samantha to back off anyway. | 我还是会去劝萨曼莎收手 |
[25:52] | Gretchen, can I talk to you for a second? | 格蕾琴 能跟你说两句吗 |
[25:54] | About what? | 什么事 |
[25:56] | About how it went with our plaintiff today. | 关于我们今天跟原告的进展 |
[25:58] | Of course, what happened? | 当然 怎么了 |
[25:59] | I hammered him again and again, | 我攻击了他一次又一次 |
[26:01] | but it didn’t matter. He stuck to his story | 但都没用 他坚信他的说法 |
[26:03] | and said he didn’t care what I said | 他说不管我说什么 |
[26:04] | or the machine said or that report said. | 不管机器显示什么 报告显示什么 |
[26:07] | He checked the time and it was 2:00 A.M. | 他检查机器时 时间就是两点 |
[26:08] | Alex, what are you looking for me to tell you? | 亚历克斯 你想让我告诉你什么 |
[26:10] | You made a mistake with me | 你在我这里就犯过一个 |
[26:11] | you never thought you could make. | 你认为自己不会犯的错 |
[26:13] | I guess I’m looking for you to say | 我想我是想让你说 |
[26:14] | the same thing must have happened here. | 这次也可能是一样的状况 |
[26:16] | – I can’t tell you that. – Why not? | -我不能 -为什么 |
[26:18] | Because I never followed up with that messenger. | 因为是我没有跟进邮递员 |
[26:21] | That was my mistake, never following up. | 那是我的错 没有跟进 |
[26:25] | But he’s saying that he did follow up, | 但他的说法是他跟进了 |
[26:26] | and if that’s the case, | 如果是这样 |
[26:28] | you painted that man as guilty when he wasn’t. | 你就是在给他安加莫须有的罪名 |
[26:30] | And all that bullshit I said | 而我那套 |
[26:31] | about it being worth it goes out the window. | 值得的说法就不成立了 |
[26:36] | All right. | 好吧 |
[26:38] | – I need some time to think. – No. | -我需要些时间来想想 -不 |
[26:41] | You need someone to help you sort through this mess | 你需要有人帮你理理这团乱 |
[26:43] | and figure out what’s going on here. | 搞清楚事情真相 |
[26:53] | Alex, what are you doing? | 亚历克斯 你干什么 |
[26:55] | Couldn’t wait till tomorrow to bill me? | 不能等到明天来找我要钱吗 |
[26:57] | I wish that’s why I was here, Tony. | 我倒希望是为此而来 托尼 |
[27:00] | But something James said didn’t sit right with me, | 但詹姆斯有话让我觉得不对 |
[27:01] | so…I went back through everything, | 所以 我复查了一遍所有材料 |
[27:04] | – and I found this. – What is that? | -然后发现了这个 -这是什么 |
[27:07] | Turns out the software update on those new cartridges, | 软件为新胰岛素盒做了升级 |
[27:09] | the ones James used– | 正是詹姆斯用的那种 |
[27:10] | glitch for exactly 12 minutes between 9:43 and 9:55. | 晚上9:43到9:55间发生故障12分钟 |
[27:14] | The exact window which I suspect | 我怀疑安妮·肯德里克的机器 |
[27:16] | Anne Kendrick’s machine reset. | 正是在此期间被重置的 |
[27:18] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[27:19] | Tony, I’ve got to ask. Did you know about this? | 托尼 我必须问你 你之前知道吗 |
[27:22] | You know me a long time, Alex. | 你认识我很久了 亚历克斯 |
[27:25] | How can you accuse me of that? | 你怎么能这么指责我 |
[27:26] | I’m not accusing you of anything, | 我没有指责你任何事 |
[27:27] | but I need to know the truth. | 但我需要知道真相 |
[27:28] | Well, the truth is I didn’t know about this | 真相是我八秒钟之前 |
[27:29] | until eight second ago. | 才知道这件事 |
[27:31] | And if you hadn’t been looking where you shouldn’t of, | 要是你没有看你不该看的东西 |
[27:33] | – you wouldn’t either. – What does that mean? | -你也不会知道 -什么意思 |
[27:35] | It means I need you to pretend you never saw this. | 意思是我需要你假装你没看到它 |
[27:37] | Tony, a woman is dead. | 托尼 一个女人死了 |
[27:39] | Well, this isn’t gonna bring her back, | 这也不能让她死而复生 |
[27:40] | and she was the only person harmed. | 她是唯一一个受害者 |
[27:42] | No, she was not. Her husband lost his wife | 不 她不是 她丈夫失去了妻子 |
[27:44] | and I as much as told him he killed her | 而我还说是他害死了她 |
[27:46] | so you can keep making this machine. | 就为了能让你继续造这个机器 |
[27:47] | And I don’t keep making this machine, | 要是我不继续造它 |
[27:48] | how many people are gonna die? | 又有多少人会死 |
[27:50] | Because I shouldn’t have to remind you | 因为不需要我来提醒你 |
[27:51] | we don’t make sunglasses. | 我们做的可不是墨镜 |
[27:52] | And I shouldn’t have to remind you | 我也不需要提醒你 |
[27:53] | it’s my duty to hand this over. | 我有义务上交这个文件 |
[27:55] | Then back up a truck full of documents and bury it, | 那就交上去一堆文件埋住它 |
[27:58] | because your duty doesn’t include your guilt | 因为你的责任不包括让你的愧疚感 |
[28:00] | putting my company out of business. | 害我的公司破产 |
[28:04] | So you’re telling me they did not accept our settlement? | 所以你是说他们没接受我们的和解 |
[28:07] | Yes, and before you ask, I did not overreact. | 是的 不用你问 我没有反应过度 |
[28:10] | They bought themselves a so-called expert that’s saying | 他们找了个什么专家 声称 |
[28:13] | you should have known better | 你判断失误 |
[28:14] | than to change that prescription. | 不该更改处方 |
[28:16] | – What? – Stan, trust me. | -什么 -斯坦 相信我 |
[28:17] | It happens all the time. Now the next step– | 这是常有的事 下一步… |
[28:20] | Who do they have? | 他们找了谁 |
[28:21] | Some joker named Paul Baxter, | 一个叫保罗·巴克斯特的跳梁小丑 |
[28:23] | and I’ll admit that his credentials look good on paper, | 我承认他在明面上确实看起来专业 |
[28:25] | but trust me, when I get him on the stand– | 但相信我 等我让他出庭 |
[28:26] | Louis, I know this man. | 路易 我知道他 |
[28:28] | His opinion is not for sale, | 他不会为钱说话 |
[28:30] | and I will not let you ruin his reputation, | 我也不能让你毁掉他的名誉 |
[28:33] | because if he’s saying I caused this– | 因为如果他说我导致了这事… |
[28:35] | No, Stan, he’s not saying it. They’re pushing him to say it. | 不 斯坦 不是他说 是他们逼他说的 |
[28:38] | And I just told you | 我刚跟你说了 |
[28:39] | they couldn’t push him to say anything. | 他们没办法强迫他作证 |
[28:40] | – Stan… – What if I misprescribed, Louis? | -斯坦 -如果真是我开错了药呢 路易 |
[28:43] | What if I am truly responsible for my own patient’s breakdown? | 要是我确实该为我病人的崩溃负责呢 |
[28:48] | And if a jury decides that, so be it. | 如果陪审团也这么想 那就是这样了 |
[28:51] | But you’re the one who told me a thousand times | 但是你不下一千次地告诉过我 |
[28:52] | it’s not an exact science, right? | 这项科学不够精密 不是吗 |
[28:55] | Craig Boyd is unstable. | 克雷格·博伊德情况不稳定 |
[28:57] | Could have had a bad day or a fight with his mother | 可能他那天诸事不顺 或者和他妈妈吵架了 |
[28:59] | or a thousand other things that could have caused this, | 这件事可能有千种起因 |
[29:02] | but we are not going down without a fight. | 但我们不能不战而降 |
[29:07] | Okay, Louis. | 好吧 路易 |
[29:08] | Do what you must. Put Dr. Baxter on the stand. | 听你的 让巴克斯特医生出庭 |
[29:11] | Good, and I’m putting Craig Boyd up there too. | 好的 我还要传唤克雷格·博伊德 |
[29:13] | What? Louis, you can’t do that. | 什么 路易 你不能如此 |
[29:16] | He’s my patient. | 他是我的病人 |
[29:17] | Stan, if we don’t get you out of this, | 斯坦 如果我们不救你 |
[29:18] | no one’s gonna be your patient. | 你以后恐怕也没病人了 |
[29:20] | Louis, let’s say you’re correct. | 路易 就算你是对的 |
[29:22] | That he broke down for another reason. | 他的躁狂发作并不是因为我 |
[29:24] | What do you think will happen | 你觉得如果你上庭 |
[29:25] | when you go after him on the stand? | 刺激到了他的情绪会发生什么 |
[29:27] | Hopefully, he’ll have another breakdown | 最好他能再爆发一次 |
[29:28] | which will show that the first one | 正好证明他上次爆发 |
[29:29] | had nothing to do with his medication. | 和他的药物没有关系 |
[29:31] | Well, that is not something I can hope for. | 那可不是我希望见到的 |
[29:33] | Stan, I did what you asked with his lawyer. | 斯坦 你让我客气对待他的律师我做到了 |
[29:37] | I wasn’t myself. | 那不是我 |
[29:40] | But you can’t ask me to not do everything I can | 但你不能要求我不尽全力 |
[29:42] | to get you out of this. It’s him or you. | 帮你解决问题 你和他我只能救一个 |
[29:44] | Then let it be him | 那就救他 |
[29:45] | because if he were to hurt himself or, | 因为如果他伤到了自己 |
[29:46] | God forbid, worse, I could not live with that. | 或者更糟 伤到别人 我绝无法原谅自己 |
[29:49] | – Stan– – Louis, this is my final word. | -斯坦 -路易 没得商量了 |
[29:53] | So if you insist on going after Craig, | 如果你非要让克雷格出庭 |
[29:57] | I will find another lawyer. | 我只能换律师了 |
[30:06] | Harvey, whatever it is, it’ll have to wait. | 哈维 不管什么事 都先等等 |
[30:08] | – I’m busy preparing. – I know what you’re preparing. | -我正忙着备案 -我知道你在忙什么 |
[30:10] | And I know instead of going to the judge, | 我知道你可以不用上庭 |
[30:13] | you could go to Scottie with this. | 而是去找斯科特和解 |
[30:22] | She came to you, didn’t she? | 她来找了你 对吗 |
[30:25] | Because she was in on this thing. | 因为她参与了这事 |
[30:26] | – I didn’t say that. – You didn’t have to. | -我没这么说 -你没必要说出来 |
[30:28] | The settlement says it loud and clear. | 和解就是铁证 |
[30:30] | – Look– – No. | -听着… -不 |
[30:30] | I’ve got proof of serious fraud, | 我抓到了诈骗的证据 |
[30:32] | and you’re here to get me to let them off the hook. | 而你是来要我放了他们 |
[30:34] | I’m here to get you to let her off the hook. | 我是来要你放了她 |
[30:36] | And why should I do that? | 我为什么要这么做 |
[30:37] | Because you used to sleep with her? | 就因为你睡过她吗 |
[30:38] | Because she did it for the right reasons | 因为她这么做是出于好意 |
[30:40] | just like when you buried evidence. | 就像你隐瞒证据一样 |
[30:42] | You said you did it for the right reasons, | 你说你那么做是好意 |
[30:44] | and by the way, you told me you’d do it again. | 而且 你还说下次你也会这么做 |
[30:46] | That was to save an innocent woman’s life. | 那是为了救一个无辜女人的生命 |
[30:48] | This is to save innocent peoples’ jobs. | 这是为了保住无辜的人的工作 |
[30:51] | I’m not gonna let you do this to Scottie. | 我不能让你这么对斯科特 |
[30:52] | This is my case. | 这是我的案子 |
[30:54] | You told me you didn’t want anything to do with it, | 你跟我说你不想参与 |
[30:56] | and now you want me to sell my client down the river. | 现在你却来让我做对不起客户的事 |
[30:58] | I’m not asking you to sell anyone down the river. | 我没有让你做对不起客户的事 |
[31:01] | I’m asking you to have her back. | 我是在让你帮她一把 |
[31:03] | This isn’t about me having her back. | 这不是我帮她的问题 |
[31:06] | It’s about you having mine. | 是你该帮我 |
[31:08] | And you didn’t when you told her about me, | 你告诉她我的事就不是帮我 |
[31:10] | you didn’t when I came to you for help, | 我去找你帮忙你也没帮 |
[31:12] | and you don’t have it right now. | 现在你也不是在帮我 |
[31:18] | Maybe I didn’t have your back, | 也许我是没帮你 |
[31:20] | but on this one I can’t. | 但这件事我不能帮 |
[31:23] | Guess I’m saying if you’re not willing to have her back, | 我想我的意思是 如果你不愿意帮她 |
[31:25] | think of it as having mine. | 就当是帮我一次吧 |
[31:35] | Donna, can I talk to you a second? | 唐娜 我能跟你聊聊吗 |
[31:37] | Does this have something to do with Lipschitz? | 是关于利普希茨的事吗 |
[31:38] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[31:41] | I have an idea, but it involves | 我有个主意 但是要背着他 |
[31:43] | going to his patient behind his back | 去找他的一个病人 |
[31:44] | and threatening to put him on the stand. | 并且威胁让他出庭 |
[31:46] | Why can’t you just put him on the stand? | 那你为什么不能直接让他出庭呢 |
[31:47] | Because Lipschitz won’t let me, | 因为利普希茨不让我这么做 |
[31:49] | and if he found out that I even met with him, | 如果让他发现我和他见面 |
[31:52] | could ruin our relationship. | 那会毁掉我们之间的关系 |
[31:54] | – Then don’t do it. – But if I don’t, Donna, | -那就不要这样 -倘若我不这样 唐娜 |
[31:56] | then he’ll probably lose his license. | 他可能会失去他的执照 |
[31:58] | And as hard as that is to accept, | 虽然这种结果确实不尽如人意 |
[32:00] | it’s his choice. | 但这是他的选择 |
[32:02] | So I say if you really care about him, | 所以我说如果你真的关心他 |
[32:04] | you need to stop representing him and start being his friend. | 你应该去成为他的朋友而不是他的律师 |
[32:10] | I’m not sure if I can do that. | 我不确定我能做到 |
[32:12] | I hope you can. | 我希望你能 |
[32:16] | – Louis. – Yeah. | -路易 -怎么了 |
[32:17] | As long as we’re talking about mixing the personal | 既然我们说到私人生活和工作 |
[32:19] | with the professional, there’s… | 搅在一起的问题 我… |
[32:22] | something that’s been on my mind, | 我有件事一直藏在心里 |
[32:24] | and I haven’t told you and it’s time that I did. | 没有告诉你 现在是时候告诉你了 |
[32:26] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[32:28] | Thomas Kessler and I have been seeing each other, | 我和托马斯·凯斯勒在约会 |
[32:30] | – and I know he’s a client– – Say no more, Donna. | -我知道他是客户 -无需多言 唐娜 |
[32:33] | Thomas is a good man, and as far as I’m concerned, | 托马斯是个好男人 而且就我而言 |
[32:36] | if you two are okay with seeing each other | 如果你们觉得即使他是客户 |
[32:37] | while he’s still a client, then I’m okay with it too. | 你们在一起也可以接受 那我没意见 |
[32:39] | – Thanks, Louis. – Of course, Donna. | -谢谢你 路易 -不客气 唐娜 |
[32:41] | I just have one question. | 我只有一个问题 |
[32:43] | Have you told Harvey yet? | 你告诉哈维了吗 |
[32:45] | No, I haven’t, | 没 还没有 |
[32:48] | but I will. | 但我会的 |
[32:58] | I should’ve known. | 我应该想到的 |
[33:00] | You did all this. You went to him, didn’t you? | 是你干的 你去找了他 是吗 |
[33:03] | – Yes, I did. – God damn it. | -没错 是我 -该死 |
[33:07] | I came to you to help me. | 我去找你帮忙 |
[33:09] | You came to me because I kick ass as an attorney. | 你去找我是因为我是个厉害的律师 |
[33:11] | And in case you didn’t notice, | 你可别忘了 |
[33:12] | you wouldn’t even be in the position | 要不是因为我 |
[33:14] | to make a decision if it weren’t for me. | 根本轮不到你在这件事上做决定 |
[33:16] | In case you didn’t notice, | 你别忘了 |
[33:17] | I have already made my decision, | 我已经作出决定了 |
[33:19] | because I don’t give a shit what Harvey says. | 因为我根本不在乎哈维说了什么 |
[33:21] | We’re in the fourth quarter, we’re up by ten, | 我们已经在第四节了 我们胜利在望了 |
[33:23] | and I am not taking my foot off the gas. | 我可不想这时候放弃 |
[33:24] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你到底是怎么回事 |
[33:26] | You have a chance to let someone keep their life | 你有机会保住某人的饭碗 |
[33:28] | and still get a win. | 还能打赢官司 |
[33:29] | – Is revenge that important? – It’s not revenge. | -报复真的就这么重要吗 -这不是报复 |
[33:32] | -It’s protection. – From what? | -是保护 -出于什么 |
[33:35] | She went after me in public. | 她当众给我难堪 |
[33:37] | – Tried to expose me as– – As what? | -想暴露我 -暴露你什么 |
[33:39] | Exactly who you are? Well, here’s a thought. | 暴露你的本性吗 你不懂我告诉你 |
[33:41] | If you don’t want to be exposed at that, | 如果你不想被人曝光 |
[33:43] | maybe try not being that in the first place. | 或许你从一开始就不该那么做 |
[33:45] | I can’t change who I was. | 我无法改变我的过去 |
[33:47] | No, but you can start turning it around right now. | 没错 但你现在可以做出改变 |
[33:50] | And at the same time, you’ll have Harvey owe you | 与此同时 哈维就会欠你个人情 |
[33:53] | and Scottie owe you. | 斯科特也欠你个人情 |
[33:54] | What good does it do to have those people owe me | 如果这些人都像你一样 |
[33:57] | if they’re just gonna be like you | 等需要还人情时都选择拒绝 |
[33:59] | and not pay up when the time comes? | 这人情欠着还有什么用 |
[34:01] | I am paid up. | 我还你人情了 |
[34:03] | You just don’t get that because owing you | 你只是没意识到 因为欠你人情 |
[34:05] | doesn’t mean doing whatever you say. | 并不代表对你要言听计从 |
[34:07] | I am a senior partner and I have done everything I can | 我是资深合伙人 而我尽我所能 |
[34:10] | to help you come out a winner in this. | 帮助你赢得这场诉讼 |
[34:12] | And if you can’t see that, that’s on you. | 如果看不出来 那是你的问题 |
[34:13] | So I’ll just say you’re welcome | 所以我只说不用客气 |
[34:15] | and leave it at that. | 就这样 |
[34:24] | Gretchen, not now. | 格蕾琴 时机不对 |
[34:26] | Yes, now. | 不 时机正好 |
[34:27] | Because you put in a request for 50,000 documents | 因为你要求今晚就要 |
[34:30] | to all be delivered tonight. | 寄出去五万份文件 |
[34:31] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈论此事 |
[34:32] | Yes, you do or you wouldn’t have had | 不 我们得谈谈 否则你也不会 |
[34:34] | the request specifically take priority over my case. | 特地要求先处理你的事而不是我的 |
[34:36] | – I didn’t– – Don’t bullshit me. | -我没有 -别跟我扯 |
[34:38] | You did that because you don’t like what’s going on | 你这么做是因为你并不想寄出那么多文件 |
[34:40] | and you wanted me to talk you out of it. | 你想让我劝你放弃这么做 |
[34:42] | There is no talking me out of it. | 我没想这么做 |
[34:43] | Well, we’ll just have to see about that then. | 那我们走着瞧 |
[34:46] | Because it doesn’t take a genius to guess | 因为平常人就看得出来 |
[34:48] | you don’t need that many copies | 你根本用不着那么多复印件 |
[34:49] | unless you’re trying to hide something in them. | 除非你想隐瞒其中的某些文件 |
[34:51] | Okay, maybe I did want you to talk me out of it, | 好吧 或许我是想让你劝我放弃 |
[34:53] | but it’s too late now. They’re already gone. | 但现在为时已晚 文件已经送走了 |
[34:54] | They may already be gone, but it’s never too late. | 文件可能是已经送走了 但永远不会晚 |
[34:57] | – Gretchen– – No, imagine it was me. | -格蕾琴 -别说话 把他想象成是我 |
[35:00] | Imagine you were letting me think I killed my Carl. | 想象成你让我以为是我害死了我的卡尔 |
[35:05] | Would it still be too late then? | 现在还觉得来不及了吗 |
[35:13] | – Can I help you? – Hi, I’m Louis Litt. | -找我有事吗 -你好 我是路易·利特 |
[35:15] | – I’m– – I know who are you. | -我是 -我知道你是谁 |
[35:17] | You’re the guy representing Dr. Lipschitz, | 你是利普希茨医生的代表律师 |
[35:19] | which means you can’t see me without my lawyer here. | 这意味着没有我的律师在场你不能见我 |
[35:21] | Except I’m not here as his attorney. | 除非我不是以他律师的身份出现 |
[35:23] | I’m here as one of his patients. | 我是以他病人的身份来的 |
[35:25] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -没错 |
[35:26] | I’ve been seeing Stan for a very long time, | 我已经在斯坦那里做了很久的心理治疗了 |
[35:29] | which is why I know how valuable | 所以我才知道世上有他这样的人的存在 |
[35:30] | having someone like him in the world is | 是多么难得的事 |
[35:32] | and how much he’s probably helped you. | 以及他对你会有多大的帮助 |
[35:34] | You don’t know nothing about me. | 你对我一无所知 |
[35:35] | No, I don’t. | 确实如此 |
[35:37] | But I know about me and the thing about me | 但我了解我自己 而我这个人 |
[35:39] | is I’d do anything to blame others before I blame myself. | 遇事总是先怪别人 而不是怪自己 |
[35:43] | And if you think that’s what I’m doing, | 如果你觉得我是这种人 |
[35:45] | – then you can go to hell– – What I think | -那你可以去死了 -我觉得 |
[35:47] | is you’re protecting yourself, but what you don’t know is | 你是在保护自己 但你不知道的是 |
[35:49] | Stanly Lipschitz is protecting you too. | 斯坦利·利普希茨也在保护你 |
[35:51] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[35:52] | I could put you on the stand right now | 我现在就可以让你出庭 |
[35:54] | and I can break you. Look at me. | 让你惨败 看着我 |
[35:56] | I can do it in a heartbeat, but he won’t let me do that | 我能做到这点 但是他不让我这么做 |
[36:00] | because of what it would do to you | 因为这样会伤害你 |
[36:01] | even if it means losing his ability to help others. | 即使保护你意味着他不能再帮助他人 |
[36:04] | Isn’t that proof enough that the world’s a better place | 这难道还不能证明斯坦利·利普希茨医生 |
[36:06] | with Dr. Stanley Lipschitz doing what he does best? | 正在尽他最大的努力让这个世界变得更好吗 |
[36:12] | I lost everything. I have no job. | 我失去了一切 我失业了 |
[36:16] | If I walk away from this, what am I gonna do? | 如果我撤诉 我又能做什么 |
[36:18] | Two things. First, you meet me in my office tomorrow. | 两件事 首先 你明天来我办公室 |
[36:21] | I represent the top construction firms | 我是国内顶级建筑公司的 |
[36:23] | in the country, and we will find you another job. | 代表律师 我们会给你找到一份工作 |
[36:27] | – And then? – You call Dr. Lipschitz. | -然后呢 -你打电话给利普希茨医生 |
[36:30] | You set up an appointment, | 和他约个时间 |
[36:31] | and you start talking this through… | 和他好好聊聊这件事… |
[36:34] | because you need him now more than ever. | 因为现在是你最需要他的时候 |
[36:46] | – Get the hell off my driveway. – I get it. | -滚出我家的车道 -我理解 |
[36:49] | You hate me, but I was doing my job. | 你恨我 但那是我的工作 |
[36:51] | It wasn’t personal. | 不带私人感情 |
[36:52] | You accused me of killing my wife. | 你控告我杀害我的妻子 |
[36:54] | Felt pretty goddamn personal to me, | 我觉得你就是在故意针对我 |
[36:56] | so tell me what the hell you’re doing here. | 所以告诉我你来这到底想干什么 |
[36:57] | There’s a truckload of files on the way to your lawyer. | 有一大堆的文件正在送往你律师那里 |
[37:01] | I was just gonna let them go and–needle in a haystack, | 我之前本打算就这样让你们去大海捞针 |
[37:04] | but I couldn’t. | 但我做不到 |
[37:06] | so I made a second copy of one file, | 所以我复印了一份文件 |
[37:09] | and I’m here to give it to you. | 我来是把它交给你 |
[37:10] | Why are you giving it to me and not my lawyer? | 你为什么交给我而不是我的律师 |
[37:12] | Because this is the one that says | 因为这份文件表明 |
[37:13] | there was a problem with our software. | 我们的软件是有问题的 |
[37:16] | So you lied to my face. | 所以你之前当着我的面说谎 |
[37:17] | We didn’t lie. We didn’t know. | 我们没有 我们当时并不知道 |
[37:18] | – Bullshit. – It’s not bullshit. | -鬼话 -不是什么鬼话 |
[37:20] | Antonio offered you that deal when he honestly believed | 安东尼奥给你那份协议时 |
[37:22] | his company had nothing to do with this. | 他坚信问题不在他的公司 |
[37:24] | You’re not here to give me this. | 你来不是为了给我这份文件 |
[37:26] | You’re here to ask me to go easy on him. | 你来是想让我放他一马 |
[37:27] | No, James. I’m here because in my heart | 不 詹姆斯 我来是因为内心深处 |
[37:30] | I know you had nothing to do with your wife’s death, | 我知道你妻子的死和你无关 |
[37:32] | and I’m sorry I ever said otherwise. | 我为我之前说过的话表示抱歉 |
[37:35] | What happened was one in a million thing, | 这种事发生的概率极低 |
[37:36] | and I also know if this comes out, | 我也知道如果曝光这件事 |
[37:38] | more people are going to die, not less. | 会死的人 只多不少 |
[37:40] | I know you’re a good man. | 我知道你是个好人 |
[37:43] | Please don’t put an end to this company. | 请不要让这间公司破产 |
[37:58] | Scottie, please tell me it all worked out. | 斯科特 务必告诉我一切顺利 |
[38:01] | It did. | 一切顺利 |
[38:03] | Samantha came to me with a deal, | 萨曼莎过来和我达成一份协议 |
[38:04] | nothing comes out, we all live to fight another day. | 事情没有曝光 我们还能继续战斗 |
[38:08] | Well, that’s great news. | 这真是个好消息 |
[38:09] | Listen, if I came across as judging you, I– | 听我说 如果我之前有越界指责你 我 |
[38:12] | You didn’t. You came through for me, so… | 你没有 你帮我度过了难关 所以… |
[38:15] | thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[38:17] | But? | 但是 |
[38:20] | Why did you do it? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[38:22] | Why did you help me? | 你为什么要帮我 |
[38:25] | There are a lot of things that we’re at odds | 我们之间确实 |
[38:27] | with each other about, Scottie, but… | 有很多矛盾 斯科特 但… |
[38:31] | the one thing we’ve always had in common | 但我们一直都有个共同点 |
[38:32] | is that we both care about him. | 那就是我们都很关心他 |
[38:36] | And you’ve always protected him. | 你总是保护他 |
[38:40] | That means something. | 这点非常重要 |
[38:43] | I called to tell you that | 我打电话是想告诉你 |
[38:44] | I’m going to live up to my agreement. | 我准备信守诺言 |
[38:47] | From now on, I’ll stay away from him. | 从现在起 我会离他远远的 |
[38:49] | I told you that’s not what I meant. | 我告诉过你我不是这个意思 |
[38:50] | I know, but I’m going to anyway. | 我知道 但无论如何我选择如此 |
[38:54] | And, Donna…I hope someday | 唐娜… 我希望有一天 |
[38:57] | he sees what everyone sees. | 他能看清一切 |
[39:11] | I’m guessing somebody got a call from Craig. | 我猜克雷格给某人打电话了 |
[39:13] | I did, Louis. Going to him | 没错 路易 作为我的朋友 |
[39:15] | as a patient instead of as my attorney | 而不是律师去见他 |
[39:16] | was a wonderful idea. | 这个主意太棒了 |
[39:18] | I can’t thank you enough. | 我对你感激不尽 |
[39:20] | However, there is still one thing we must discuss. | 然而 有件事我们必须要谈一下 |
[39:24] | Yeah, if this is about payment, | 好吧 如果是关于酬劳的问题 |
[39:25] | you can just reinstate my weekend texting privileges | 你只要恢复我周末发短信的特权 |
[39:27] | and we’ll just call it even. | 我们就算两清了 |
[39:28] | You know that’s not what I was going to say. | 你知道我想说的不是这个 |
[39:31] | You agreed that once this was over, | 你之前同意一旦这件事结束了 |
[39:33] | I would no longer be your therapist. | 我就不能再当你的心理医生了 |
[39:34] | I am calling to discuss our transition. | 我打电话是想谈论下过渡事宜 |
[39:37] | No, I don’t accept that. | 不 我不同意 |
[39:39] | Louis, you know too much | 路易 你知道我太多的事 |
[39:40] | for me to effectively continue as your therapist. | 会影响你治疗的效果的 |
[39:43] | Well, pardon my French, Stan, but that is bullshit. | 原谅我说脏话 但你说的就是鬼话 |
[39:46] | Our best breakthroughs were made | 你通过和我分享你的私人生活 |
[39:47] | by you sharing your personal life with me. | 我们之间取得了突破性进展 |
[39:49] | And those were wonderful sessions, | 这些疗程是很棒 |
[39:51] | – but, Louis, you agreed. – No, I don’t care. | -但路易 你同意了 -不 我不在乎 |
[39:54] | – Louis. – Stan, | -路易 -斯坦 |
[39:56] | Even three years ago, | 要是三年前 |
[39:57] | I would have gone behind your back, | 我会背着你 |
[39:59] | threatened to put Craig on the stand, | 威胁着让克雷格出庭 |
[40:01] | and God knows what he might have done to himself, | 天知道他会对自己做出什么事 |
[40:04] | but because of you I went to him with compassion. | 但是因为你 我带着同情心去见他 |
[40:07] | If that isn’t proof showing me your human side is effective, | 如果这都不能证明你人情那面的作用 |
[40:11] | Stan, I don’t know what is. | 斯坦 我不知道还有什么算 |
[40:17] | Weekend texting will never return, | 周末短信是不可能了 |
[40:21] | but I can try to answer your e-mails in a more timely fashion. | 但我会尽量及时回复你的邮件 |
[40:27] | – Thank you, Stan. – No, Louis, thank you. | -谢谢 斯坦 -不 路易 谢谢你 |
[40:38] | He asked for twice the money so he can set up | 他要求两倍的价钱以便 |
[40:39] | a foundation in his wife’s name, | 以他妻子的名义创立一个基金会 |
[40:41] | but he agreed to keep the settlement sealed. | 但是他同意不公开协议 |
[40:43] | What about Tony? He figure out what you did? | 托尼怎么样了 他知道你做了什么吗 |
[40:45] | – He did. – What’d you tell him? | -知道 -你怎么跟他说的 |
[40:48] | What I should have told him in the first place. | 我跟他说了我本该一开始告诉他的话 |
[40:49] | That what he asked wasn’t right by me, James, or anyone else, | 他不该对我 詹姆斯或任何人提那样的要求 |
[40:53] | and if you ever ask me to do anything like it again, | 如果他再向我提出这种要求 |
[40:56] | he can find himself another lawyer. | 他就可以另请高明了 |
[40:59] | He’s lucky to have you. | 有你在是他的福气 |
[41:00] | And I’m lucky to have you. | 有你在是我的福气 |
[41:02] | – Are you hitting on me? – No, | -你在撩我吗 -没有 |
[41:05] | but I am inviting you to dinner tomorrow night. | 但我想邀请你明晚吃顿晚饭 |
[41:08] | I could invite my father-in-law too. | 我也可以带上我岳父 |
[41:10] | He’s a widower. | 他是个鳏夫 |
[41:12] | Not bad-looking… if you ask him. | 长得不错 按他的话说 |
[41:14] | And I will tell you what I told Carl. | 我会告诉你我对卡尔说过的话 |
[41:17] | After he’s gone, there won’t be any other men. | 他去世后 我不会再和别人好 |
[41:21] | He didn’t believe me either. | 他当时也不信 |
[41:23] | See you tomorrow night. Invite Pops. | 明晚见 带着你岳父 |
[41:26] | We’ll see what happens. | 我们到时候再说 |
[41:38] | I just wanted you to know– | 我只是想告诉你 |
[41:39] | Scottie called to thank me, Harvey. | 斯科特打电话来谢谢我 哈维 |
[41:41] | That’s funny. She just called me. | 真巧 她刚给我打过电话 |
[41:44] | Well, I guess she’s grateful to both of us. | 我想她对我们俩都心存感激 |
[41:46] | I guess so. | 我想也是 |
[41:51] | did she say something to you about… | 她有没有对你说… |
[41:55] | About what? | 说什么 |
[41:58] | – Oh, perfect timing. – Thomas. | -时机正好 -托马斯 |
[42:01] | I thought we were meeting downstairs. | 我以为我们约在楼下见面 |
[42:02] | Well, I got here a little early. | 我来的早了点 |
[42:03] | I thought I’d come meet you. | 就想着上来找你 |
[42:05] | Harvey, this is Thomas– | 哈维 这位是托马斯 |
[42:06] | Kessler, we’ve met. | 凯斯勒 我们见过 |
[42:08] | – Nice to see you again. – You too. | -很高兴我们又见面了 -我也是 |
[42:09] | Louis always spoke very highly of you. | 路易一直对你评价很高 |
[42:11] | You too. | 你也是 |
[42:14] | – Well, shall we? – Of course. | -我们走吧 -好的 |
[42:18] | -Good night, Harvey. – Good night. | -晚安 哈维 -晚安 |
[42:29] | You look lost. | 你看着失魂落魄的 |
[42:34] | I was just… | 我只是… |
[42:39] | I’m sorry I didn’t say yes sooner. | 我很抱歉我没有更快地同意 |
[42:42] | She pushed a button. | 她刺激到了我 |
[42:45] | I let my competitive nature get the better of me. | 我好斗的天性完全不受控制 |
[42:48] | – She does that. – She sure does. | -她一直这样 -确实是 |
[42:52] | Hey, I was gonna go to my office and get a drink, | 我原想着回我办公室喝点酒 |
[42:55] | but now I’m thinking I want to go out. | 但现在我想出去走走 |
[42:57] | – You care to join me? – Why not? | -你要不要来 -何乐而不为呢 |
[43:00] | But you’re buying, | 但你请客 |
[43:01] | ’cause after all, I had your back. | 因为说到底 我帮了你 |
[43:04] | I am never gonna hear the end of this, am I? | 这事儿还没完了是不是 |
[43:06] | No, sir, you are not. | 是的 没错 |
[43:09] | You got anymore ex-girlfriend lawyers I should know about? | 你还有多少我应该知道的前女友律师 |
[43:13] | I’ll send you a list. | 我会给你发份名单的 |