时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[00:08] | A list of ethical violations Samantha Wheeler engaged | 在担任我律师的六年间 |
[00:11] | in over the course of six years as my attorney. | 萨曼莎·惠勒涉嫌违反道德的操作 |
[00:13] | I’m not ruining Samantha’s career. | 我不会去毁掉萨曼莎的事业 |
[00:14] | This is not a suggestion. | 这不是建议 |
[00:15] | It is an order, and if you don’t use this, | 是命令 如果你不用它 |
[00:17] | I will, and if I do it, Alex, | 我会用的 如果是我出手 亚历克斯 |
[00:19] | I’ll be going straight to the Bar. | 我会直接去找律师协会 |
[00:21] | – So what’d you find? – Nothing. | -你找到什么了 -什么都没有 |
[00:22] | Bullshit. We’ve had information that your firm– | 胡扯 我们有消息说你们律所 |
[00:23] | I don’t care what you’ve got, and if you unseal my records, | 我不在乎你手里有什么 如果你解封我的记录 |
[00:26] | the firm of Rand Kaldor Zane will come after you for malicious prosecution. | 兰德·考德·赞恩律所会指控你恶意起诉 |
[00:30] | I noticed I had a voicemail from Brian. | 我注意到我有一条布莱恩发给我的语音消息 |
[00:32] | What did he say? | 他说什么了 |
[00:33] | I deleted it without even listening. | 我听都没听就把它删掉了 |
[00:35] | Katrina, that’s amazing. | 卡特里娜 你太棒了 |
[00:36] | Thank you, Donna. | 谢谢 唐娜 |
[00:37] | You bribed Charles Hu | 你贿赂了查尔斯·胡 |
[00:38] | to say I contacted him a year and a half ago. | 让他说我早在一年半前就联系了他 |
[00:40] | Now I can’t dispute it, | 而我无法辩驳 |
[00:41] | because we’re on record saying this guy’s a saint. | 因为我们公开表明这人是个圣人 |
[00:43] | Mike, I had nothing to do with this. | 迈克 我与此事无关 |
[00:45] | Well, if it wasn’t you, then it was her. | 不是你 那就是她 |
[00:46] | You lied to me. | 你骗了我 |
[00:47] | All I did was produce a piece of evidence | 我只是提供了证据 |
[00:49] | that proves exactly what we know he did. | 证明了我们知道他真做了的事 |
[00:51] | You didn’t produce it. You fabricated it | 这不叫提供 这叫伪造 |
[00:53] | because you can’t stand someone getting the better of you. | 因为你受不了别人赢过你 |
[00:56] | Well, I don’t trust you anymore. | 我不再信任你了 |
[00:59] | We were about to lose, | 我们就快输了 |
[01:00] | and evidence shows up that saves the day. | 却突然出现了证据赢了案子 |
[01:02] | – Harvey didn’t do anything. – Then it was you. | -哈维什么都没做 -那就是你干的 |
[01:04] | As of this second, | 即刻起 |
[01:06] | you’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[01:15] | Hello? Did I catch you at a bad time? | 你好 是不是不太方便 |
[01:17] | What is it, Faye? | 什么事 法耶 |
[01:18] | I’m calling because I wanted you to be the first to know | 我来电话 是希望你第一个知道 |
[01:21] | I fired Samantha. | 我解雇了萨曼莎 |
[01:22] | What? | 什么 |
[01:23] | I had reason to suspect she crossed a line with Mike Ross. | 我有理由怀疑她在迈克·罗斯的案子上越界了 |
[01:27] | Reason to suspect, or evidence? | 有理由怀疑 还是有证据 |
[01:28] | I don’t need evidence. She all but admitted it. | 我不需要证据 她自己承认了 |
[01:30] | Well, that doesn’t sound like something she’d admit to. | 这听起来不像她会承认的事 |
[01:32] | I didn’t call to debate my decision, Donna. | 我打来不是为了讨论我的决定 唐娜 |
[01:35] | When I came here I laid down one rule, | 我来的时候就立了规矩 |
[01:37] | play it straight or you’re fired. | 不要违规 否则解雇 |
[01:38] | I’m sorry, but she had to go. | 抱歉 她必须走人 |
[01:40] | And why exactly are you calling me with this? | 那你给我打电话干什么 |
[01:42] | Because you pride yourself on keeping this place together, | 因为你以团结律所为荣 |
[01:45] | and right now your people need you. | 现在你的人需要你 |
[01:47] | You mean you want me to stop them from retaliating | 你是说希望我阻止他们 |
[01:48] | against your bullshit move. | 反对你干的坏事 |
[01:50] | Donna, you and I both know | 唐娜 你我都很清楚 |
[01:51] | your colleagues are going to act against me, | 你的同事正在想办法阻止我 |
[01:53] | and it won’t be through proper channels. | 而且绝不会是通过合法手段 |
[01:56] | And if you don’t stop them from doing it, | 如果你不阻止他们 |
[01:58] | I don’t see this firm surviving the year. | 这个律所恐怕撑不过今年了 |
[02:06] | Samantha, what are you doing– | 萨曼莎 你来干什么 |
[02:07] | I just got fired, Robert. | 我被解雇了 罗伯特 |
[02:10] | I didn’t know where else to go. | 我不知道该去哪儿 |
[02:13] | Okay, why don’t you come in, tell me what happened. | 好吧 进来跟我说说是怎么回事吧 |
[02:16] | Well, I didn’t come to talk about what happened, | 我不是来讨论已经发生的事的 |
[02:18] | I came to talk about what’s going to happen. | 我是来讨论解决办法的 |
[02:20] | Well, I can answer that right now. | 这个我现在就可以回答 |
[02:21] | Not a damn thing. | 什么都不做 |
[02:23] | Robert, she took my job. | 罗伯特 她夺走了我的工作 |
[02:26] | If you think I’m just gonna sit back and– | 如果你觉得我会乖乖就范 |
[02:27] | What I think is you pulled some kind of shit | 我觉得是你在迈克·罗斯的案子上 |
[02:29] | with your Mike Ross case. | 干了什么违规的事 |
[02:31] | That’s right. I heard what happened. | 没错 我听说了 |
[02:33] | And I would bet my life that Faye figured it out | 我可以拿生命打赌 是法耶发现了 |
[02:36] | and the chickens have come home to roost. | 结果就东窗事发 出了大事 |
[02:38] | So you’re not gonna help me? | 所以你不打算帮我了 |
[02:40] | Of course I am. But knowing your partners, | 我当然要帮 但就我对你合伙人们的了解 |
[02:42] | they’re coming up with a plan | 他们现在肯定已经在想办法 |
[02:43] | to get that woman out on her ass right now. | 赶那女人走了 |
[02:46] | So you are going to sit tight | 所以你就踏实待着 |
[02:47] | and have faith in them to make it happen. | 相信他们会处理就好了 |
[02:50] | I’m not so sure they are coming up with a plan. | 我不知道他们会不会想出办法 |
[02:52] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[02:53] | Because Harvey’s the reason I got fired in the first place. | 因为我之所以被解雇 就是因为哈维 |
[02:59] | Nice of you to show up, Harvey. | 你终于来了 哈维 |
[03:00] | Don’t give me that shit, Louis. | 少损我 路易 |
[03:01] | I came as soon as I heard. What are we doing? | 一听说消息我就来了 我们怎么办 |
[03:04] | I’ll tell you what we’re doing. | 我告诉你我们该怎么办 |
[03:05] | We’re getting Samantha her job back. | 我们把萨曼莎弄回来 |
[03:06] | And like I was just saying, | 这是我刚才正在说的 |
[03:07] | Faye’s never going to agree to that. | 法耶绝不会同意的 |
[03:08] | She will if we could find something | 要是抓到她的把柄 |
[03:10] | on her we could use. | 她就不得不同意 |
[03:11] | Harvey, we try to play dirty, | 哈维 我们要是越界 |
[03:12] | she won’t roll over, she’ll expose us. | 她绝不会后退 她会揭发我们 |
[03:14] | Well, how do you suggest we get Samantha back? | 那你说我们怎么把萨曼莎弄回来 |
[03:16] | Buy Faye a kitten? | 买只猫贿赂下法耶吗 |
[03:17] | I’m not saying we don’t look for something. | 我不是说不要去找她的把柄 |
[03:19] | I’m saying when we find it, we bring it to the Bar | 我是说找到以后 我们直接递交律师协会 |
[03:21] | – and we have them remove her. – And that’s great, | -让他们开除她 -想法不错 |
[03:23] | but they’re not just gonna give us the firm back. | 但他们也不会把律所还给我们 |
[03:24] | They’re gonna send in a replacement. | 只会再派一个代替品来 |
[03:25] | So what? It can’t be worse than Faye. | 所以呢 也不会比法耶更坏了 |
[03:27] | Bullshit, it can’t. | 胡扯 绝对有可能 |
[03:28] | Am I the only one who’s seen “Terminator 2”? | 我是唯一一个看过《终结者2》的人吗 |
[03:30] | You’ve seen “Terminator 2”? | 你居然看过《终结者2》吗 |
[03:31] | I can’t believe he’s seen “Terminator One”. | 我简直不敢相信你竟看过《终结者1》 |
[03:32] | I can’t believe we’re still up here talking | 我不敢相信我们还在这上面闲聊 |
[03:34] | instead of executing a plan. | 而不是着手实施计划 |
[03:36] | Speaking of which, what exactly has Faye ever done | 说到这个 法耶到底干了什么 |
[03:38] | to make us think that she’s anything but ethical? | 让我们觉得她有黑历史 |
[03:40] | As far as I can tell, her record is spotless. | 在我看来 她简直毫无黑点 |
[03:42] | Well, I don’t care what her record is. | 我不在乎她表面上怎样 |
[03:44] | Everybody’s got something. | 每个人都有黑料 |
[03:45] | We just have to find it. | 我们只需要把它找出来 |
[03:47] | Then it’s agreed. We do whatever it takes | 那就说定了 我们不惜一切代价 |
[03:49] | to find something to get her out that door. | 找出能把她扫地出门的东西 |
[03:51] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[03:53] | Whatever it takes. | 不惜一切代价 |
[04:32] | You know, when I took that bullet for you, | 我之前为你背锅 |
[04:34] | it was because I trusted that you would watch out for Samantha. | 是因为我相信你会罩着萨曼莎 |
[04:36] | I am watching out for her, Robert. | 我有在罩着萨曼莎 罗伯特 |
[04:37] | We all are. | 我们都有 |
[04:38] | Then tell me what you’re doing to get her back. | 那告诉我你们打算怎么把她弄回来 |
[04:40] | We’re digging into Faye and we’re gonna force her out. | 我们在挖法耶的黑料 希望把她逼走 |
[04:42] | Well, that’s a nice concept, but what are the specifics? | 这个主意不错 但具体措施呢 |
[04:45] | I’m working on it, Robert. | 我正在想 罗伯特 |
[04:46] | I don’t wanna hear that you’re working on it. | 我不想听什么”我正在想” |
[04:48] | I wanna hear that you’re doing it. | 我想听到你们正在做 |
[04:49] | Unless there’s some reason that you don’t want to do it. | 除非你们有什么原因不想去做 |
[04:52] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[04:53] | It means that you read Samantha the riot act | 意思是你指责萨曼莎行事不端 |
[04:55] | for pulling the same shit you’ve done a thousand times, | 但同样的事你干过上千遍 |
[04:57] | only this time it was against Mike! | 只不过这次她的矛头是对着迈克 |
[04:59] | Look, I came down on her because she lied to my face. | 听着 我冲她发火是因为她当着我的面撒谎 |
[05:01] | And I’d do it again, | 再来一次我还会这么做 |
[05:02] | but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna let Faye come after my family. | 但那不意味着我会任由法耶对付我的家人 |
[05:04] | Well, I hate to break it to you, Harvey, | 我不想戳破 哈维 |
[05:05] | but you’re the reason that Faye fired Samantha in the first place. | 但你才是法耶开除萨曼莎的原因 |
[05:09] | That’s right. That thing you would do again, | 没错 你是在萨曼莎的办公室里 |
[05:12] | you did in the middle of Samantha’s office and Faye saw it. | 冲她发的火 被法耶看见了 |
[05:16] | Robert, I didn’t know. | 罗伯特 之前我不知道 |
[05:17] | Well, now you do. | 现在你知道了 |
[05:19] | And I told Samantha | 我告诉萨曼莎 |
[05:20] | that you would move heaven and earth to get her back, | 你会竭尽全力把她弄回来 |
[05:23] | so get upstairs and start making it happen. | 所以你赶紧上楼去把这事解决了 |
[05:39] | Brian. | 布莱恩 |
[05:41] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[05:43] | Didn’t you get my voicemail? | 你没收到我的留言吗 |
[05:46] | I got it. I’ve just been…very busy. | 我收到了 只不过我…太忙了 |
[05:49] | That’s too bad. | 那太可惜了 |
[05:50] | I was hoping you’d have time to prepare yourself. | 我本来希望你能有时间做好准备的 |
[05:53] | Prepare myself for what? | 准备什么 |
[05:57] | I’m representing the founder of Curt’s Coffee. | 我正在代理柯特咖啡的创始人 |
[05:59] | We believe he’s entitled to a piece of the company he didn’t receive | 我们相信他有权获得他之前被合伙人赶走时 |
[06:02] | when his partners forced him out. | 没能拿到的公司的一部分股权 |
[06:04] | Curt wasn’t forced out of anything, Brian. | 柯特不是被赶走的 布莱恩 |
[06:06] | He chose to leave. | 是他自己选择离开的 |
[06:07] | And he was fairly compensated at the time. | 而且那时他已经获得合理补偿了 |
[06:10] | He was ripped off, Katrina. | 他是被迫的 卡特里娜 |
[06:12] | I see what this is. You know the parties, | 我明白这是怎么回事了 你认识我 |
[06:15] | and you think I’ll cut you a check to go away. | 所以你觉得我会给你开张支票花钱消灾 |
[06:18] | No, I don’t. And even if you tried that, | 不 并不是 而且就算你想这么做 |
[06:19] | I wouldn’t take it. | 我也不会接受的 |
[06:21] | And who’s to say it would be your choice? | 谁说这件事你有的选了 |
[06:22] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[06:23] | I mean, you have a clear conflict. | 意思是这显然是有利益冲突的 |
[06:26] | You represented them when you worked here. | 你之前在这里工作时是代理柯特咖啡的 |
[06:27] | So what’s to stop me from throwing you off the case? | 所以有什么能阻止我把你赶出这个案子吗 |
[06:29] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[06:35] | Except I need this. | 但是我需要这个案子 |
[06:37] | This move hasn’t gone great, | 我离开之后不太顺利 |
[06:41] | so when the partners brought me this case… | 所以当合伙人把这个案子给我时… |
[06:43] | – You couldn’t say no. – I didn’t want to say no. | -你本可以拒绝 -我不想拒绝 |
[06:46] | Because taking on a lawyer like you sends a message. | 因为对付你这样的律师能传达一种信息 |
[06:49] | All right, Brian. I won’t throw you off the case, | 好吧 布莱恩 我不会把你赶出案子 |
[06:52] | but I will be filing a motion to dismiss. | 但我会提交撤案动议 |
[06:55] | I’d expect nothing less. | 我别无所求 |
[07:02] | It’s good to see you, Katrina. | 很高兴见到你 卡特里娜 |
[07:12] | Louis, good. | 路易 很好 |
[07:13] | Please tell me you thought of a place to start digging. | 拜托告诉我你想到挖黑料的切入点了 |
[07:15] | I did. Faye’s first day here. | 确实想到了 法耶来这里的第一天 |
[07:17] | Gretchen said the way she got on the Bar’s radar in the first place | 格蕾琴说过她之所以能到现在这个位置 |
[07:20] | was by firing her husband for doing something unethical. | 是因为她以行为不道德为由开除了她的丈夫 |
[07:23] | Then this is it. | 那就是这个了 |
[07:24] | If anyone knows anything, it’ll be him. | 如果说有人知道些什么 那就是他了 |
[07:26] | There’s just one problem. | 只有一个问题 |
[07:26] | What if he won’t talk shit about her? | 如果他不愿意说她坏话呢 |
[07:28] | Louis, there’s no way someone’s married to that woman | 路易 没有哪个人能和那女人 |
[07:30] | for more than three days | 结婚超过三天 |
[07:31] | and doesn’t want to talk shit about her. | 还不想说她坏话的 |
[07:32] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是这个意思 |
[07:34] | Their divorce settlement was sealed. | 他们的离婚协议是保密的 |
[07:35] | So it’s not that he won’t want to give us anything, | 所以说不是他不愿对我们开口 |
[07:37] | he may not be able to. | 而是他可能不能说 |
[07:38] | That’s what I’m telling you. | 我就是这个意思 |
[07:39] | Well, if he’s not willing to give us what we need, | 如果他不愿意告诉我们我们想知道的 |
[07:42] | then we’re just gonna have to make him. | 那我们只能逼他开口了 |
[07:47] | – What’s that? – A lawsuit, | -那是什么 -一份起诉书 |
[07:48] | and you’re the lead plaintiff. | 而且你还是主要原告 |
[07:49] | You want me to sue my own firm? | 你要让我自己起诉自己的律所吗 |
[07:51] | Not the firm. Faye. | 不是告律所 是告法耶 |
[07:52] | She clearly has a problem with strong women. | 她明显是对女强人有意见 |
[07:54] | – Alex… – Think about it. | -亚历克斯 -你仔细想想 |
[07:55] | She tried to strip you of your vote. | 她先是想剥夺你的投票权 |
[07:56] | She took Gretchen from Louis against her will | 又不顾格蕾琴的意愿 把她调离了路易 |
[07:59] | and now she fired Samantha without proof. | 现在还没有真凭实据就开除了萨曼莎 |
[08:01] | That’s a pattern, and we can win. | 这就是她的做事模式 我们能赢的 |
[08:02] | I don’t care what you think we can do. | 我不管你觉得我们能怎么样 |
[08:03] | I am not gonna go after another woman under false pretenses. | 我不会因为不实的控告再去针对一个女人 |
[08:06] | What’s the matter with you? We said whatever it takes. | 你怎么了 我们说好了不惜一切代价的 |
[08:08] | Well, I didn’t. | 我没说过 |
[08:09] | And in case it hasn’t gotten through your head yet, | 以防万一你还没长够记性 |
[08:11] | shit like this is why she’s here in the first place. | 当初就是这种破事才让我们落到了这一步 |
[08:12] | God damn it. You telling Thomas about that deal | 去你的 你向托马斯告密那件事 |
[08:15] | is what got her here in the first place. | 才是把她招来的罪魁祸首 |
[08:20] | I’m sorry, Donna. I shouldn’t have said that. | 抱歉 唐娜 我不该这么说的 |
[08:24] | Alex, what’s going on? | 亚历克斯 怎么回事 |
[08:26] | Faye asked me to spy on Samantha because she suspected | 法耶让我盯着萨曼莎 因为她怀疑 |
[08:28] | Samantha might do exactly what she did. | 萨曼莎会做出什么事 而她也确实做了 |
[08:31] | I could’ve warned her, and I didn’t. | 我本来可以提醒她的 但我没有 |
[08:33] | Alex. | 亚历克斯 |
[08:35] | It’s not exactly news that Faye was keeping an eye on us. | 法耶在盯着我们已经不是什么新闻了 |
[08:38] | She told us that three seconds after she got here. | 她到这里之后三秒钟就挑明了 |
[08:41] | Samantha knew that, and she chose to cross a line anyway. | 萨曼莎明知不可为而为之 |
[08:43] | And, come to think of it, | 而且 现在想起来 |
[08:44] | what do you think she’s doing right now? | 你觉得她现在会在什么 |
[08:46] | – Probably nothing good. – My thoughts exactly. | -估计没什么好事 -我也是这么想的 |
[08:49] | So instead of feeling badly about not warning her, | 所以与其因为没有提醒她而愧疚 |
[08:51] | I’d say you go stop her from making things worse. | 你还不如去阻止她 让她别把事情弄得更糟 |
[09:03] | Appreciate you meeting me, Tom. | 谢谢你肯见我 汤姆 |
[09:05] | – I wasn’t sure you would. – Neither was I. | -我不确定你会来 -我也不确定 |
[09:07] | But I figured if you had the balls to call me, | 但我觉得既然你有胆量打给我 |
[09:09] | I should at least hear you out. | 我至少该听听你想说什么 |
[09:11] | Well…I can’t say I regret what I did, | 我也不能说我后悔自己的所作所为 |
[09:15] | but there may be a way for us to work together now. | 但事情现在可能还有回转的余地 |
[09:18] | In other words, you need something. | 也就是说 你需要一些东西 |
[09:21] | I do. | 是的 |
[09:23] | And I’d be willing to owe you one in exchange. | 作为交换 我愿意欠你一个人情 |
[09:26] | First tell me what it is you’re looking for. | 你先告诉我你需要什么 |
[09:29] | A lawyer named Faye Richardson. | 有一位律师 法耶·理查德森 |
[09:31] | The Bar put her into our firm | 律师协会把她调进了我们律所 |
[09:32] | and I want to give them a reason to pull her out. | 我想给他们一个理由把她调走 |
[09:34] | What makes you think there’s something to find? | 你为什么觉得这里面有料可挖 |
[09:36] | No one gets through life without doing something. | 讨生活嘛 没有人手脚是完全干净的 |
[09:39] | You want the FBI to go on a fishing expedition? | 你想让联调局来钓鱼执法吗 |
[09:42] | I can make that happen. | 我搞得定 |
[09:44] | But I’m not about to get burned twice. | 但同样的亏我不会再吃第二次 |
[09:46] | So this time, before I deliver for you, | 所以这一次 我帮你做事前 |
[09:50] | you’re gonna deliver for me. | 你先帮我做件事 |
[09:55] | Gavin Andrews? | 盖文·安德鲁斯 |
[09:57] | You want me to turn in my own client? | 你想让我告发我自己的客户 |
[09:58] | Not your client. | 不是你的客户 |
[09:59] | A client of the firm that just fired you. | 是那家刚开除了你的律所的客户 |
[10:01] | And I’m still covered by privilege | 昨天及之前的事 |
[10:03] | for anything I knew before yesterday. | 但凡我知道的 都还是受保密条约限制 |
[10:05] | Then get some shit on him starting today. | 那就从今天开始挖 |
[10:06] | I can’t. He doesn’t trust me anymore. | 不行 他已经不相信我了 |
[10:08] | Then this meeting is over. | 那这次见面就结束了 |
[10:09] | Damn it, there’s gotta be something– | 该死的 总有我能做的… |
[10:11] | There is. This. | 有的 就是这事 |
[10:13] | You want my help, this is the price. | 你想让我帮忙 这就是我开的价 |
[10:15] | And it’s not negotiable. | 没得商量 |
[10:29] | Sorry to keep you gentlemen waiting. | 抱歉让你们久等了 |
[10:32] | Had to gather these up and– | 这些材料可不好理 |
[10:35] | All right. What’s going on here? | 现在是什么情况 |
[10:38] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[10:39] | Well, I was told you two were here looking to buy a term life policy. | 有人告诉我二位来是想看看定期寿险 |
[10:42] | But there’s no way he is marrying you. | 但他是不可能和你结婚的 |
[10:46] | You know what, I have a lot of great qualities | 我其实有很多优点 |
[10:48] | – and you don’t know a God damn– – Louis! | -你对我一无所知 -路易 |
[10:51] | Look, you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[10:52] | We’re not here to buy insurance. | 我们不是来买保险的 |
[10:54] | We’re here because your ex-wife is overseeing our firm. | 我们来是因为你前妻现在监管着我们律所 |
[10:57] | Let me just venture a guess here. | 让我猜猜 |
[11:00] | You two are not thrilled with the way things are going, | 二位对于现在的状况并不满意 |
[11:02] | and you’re looking to dig up some dirt on her. | 所以你们想挖点她的黑料出来 |
[11:06] | But first we need to know why you left the law. | 但首先我们得知道你为什么不做律师了 |
[11:09] | Well I was just like you two, a big-time corporate attorney. | 我曾经也像你们一样 是个一流的集团律师 |
[11:13] | But I wasn’t very happy grinding out deals, | 但我不喜欢小打小闹地磨交易 |
[11:15] | so I took up high-profile litigation. | 所以就去做了关注度更高的诉讼 |
[11:19] | Class action. | 集体诉讼 |
[11:20] | And class action requires money. | 但集体诉讼需要钱 |
[11:22] | Money those people didn’t have. | 尤其那些人还没有钱 |
[11:25] | So what’d you do? | 那你是怎么做的 |
[11:26] | I overbilled ourthree biggest clients | 我多收了我们三位最大的客户的费用 |
[11:28] | and I shifted the money around | 然后把钱转去 |
[11:29] | to finance the contingency cases. | 填那些只有胜诉才能赚钱的案子留下的坑 |
[11:31] | And you got caught when you lost. | 你是因为败诉露出马脚才被抓的 |
[11:32] | I never lost. Faye figured it out. | 我没输过 是法耶查到了 |
[11:36] | She fired me on the spot and then she ratted me out | 她当时就开除了我 然后第二天 |
[11:39] | to the Ethics Board the very next day. | 转头就向道德委员会举报了我 |
[11:40] | 15 years of marriage, | 十五年的婚姻啊 |
[11:42] | and she turned on me like it was nothing. | 她就像举报陌生人一样举报了我 |
[11:44] | Well, she might not be wife of the year, | 她可能不是最佳妻子 |
[11:46] | but she’s not exactly looking like the bad guy here. | 但这件事里她也不能算是坏人 |
[11:49] | Not to mention, you never got your license taken away. | 更别说 你的执照可没被吊销 |
[11:51] | Did I say that was the end of the story? | 我说过事情到这里就结束了吗 |
[11:53] | Faye used the threat of losing my license | 法耶威胁要吊销我的律师执照 |
[11:55] | as leverage in the divorce. | 用这件事在离婚时占尽好处 |
[11:57] | And once she squeezed the last nickel out of me, | 她榨光了我身上所有的钱 |
[11:59] | she called off the dogs. | 然后就收手了 |
[12:02] | You’re saying she turned you over to the Bar, | 你说她先是向律师协会举报了你 |
[12:04] | then undid the whole thing just for money? | 然后又为了钱撤销了她之前的所有操作 |
[12:06] | You don’t believe me? | 你不相信我说的 |
[12:07] | Take a look at the terms of the divorce settlement. | 去看看离婚协议上的条款就行了 |
[12:09] | The fact that they never took my license | 还有他们没有吊销我执照这件事 |
[12:11] | and then you tell me | 然后你再和我说 |
[12:13] | that Faye didn’t manipulate the whole God damn thing. | 整件事不是法耶操纵的吧 |
[12:15] | Are you willing to show us that settlement | 尽管协议是被封存的 |
[12:17] | even though it’s sealed? | 你还是愿意给我们看吗 |
[12:19] | She already took me to the cleaners once. | 我已经净身出户过一次了 |
[12:21] | What’s she gonna do, do it again? | 她还能怎么办 再搞我一次吗 |
[12:31] | I’ll be done in a minute, Susan. | 我马上就好 苏珊 |
[12:32] | I’m not here for the copy machine. | 我不是来用复印机的 |
[12:33] | I wanted to talk to you. | 我想和你谈谈 |
[12:35] | I couldn’t help but notice Brian here earlier today. | 我注意到布莱恩之前来过 |
[12:38] | Whatever it is, Susan, get to it. | 不管你想干什么 苏珊 有话直说 |
[12:40] | Because if you’re here to blackmail me again… | 因为如果你又想来要挟我… |
[12:41] | I’m not here to blackmail you. | 我不是来要挟你的 |
[12:43] | I’m here to help you. | 我是来帮你的 |
[12:44] | I know how good Brian is | 我知道布莱恩有多厉害 |
[12:46] | and I can imagine going up against him isn’t going to be easy for you. | 我能想象和他斗对你有多不容易 |
[12:49] | I’m a senior partner, Susan. | 我是资深合伙人 苏珊 |
[12:51] | I’m more than capable of handling myself in a court of law. | 我在法庭上游刃有余 |
[12:54] | I meant, if for some reason | 我是说 如果基于某些原因 |
[12:56] | things got personal between the two of you, | 事情变成你们俩的私人恩怨 |
[12:58] | I already know what happened | 我知道之前的事 |
[13:00] | and I can be there to support you. | 我可以来协助你 |
[13:01] | I don’t know that you’re capable of supporting me. | 我不知道你还能协助我 |
[13:03] | Katrina, you let me off the hook for a reason. | 卡特里娜 你没追究我是有原因的 |
[13:06] | If you won’t give me a second chance, | 如果你不打算再给我一次机会 |
[13:08] | why didn’t you just turn me in to Faye in the first place? | 那你为什么第一次不直接向法耶告发我 |
[13:13] | I’m filing a motion to dismiss tomorrow. | 我明天要提交动议撤销这个案子 |
[13:15] | I want to be armed to the teeth with case law. | 我需要把案例法准备到极致 |
[13:18] | Consider it done. | 包在我身上 |
[13:27] | What’s going on? | 怎么样啊 |
[13:28] | Copies of that divorce settlement came through. | 离婚协议的副件发过来了 |
[13:30] | – And? – His story looks legit. | -然后呢 -他讲的似乎是实情 |
[13:33] | She cleaned him out. | 她把他洗劫一空 |
[13:35] | Harvey, you know, I gotta tell ya, | 哈维 我得和你说 |
[13:35] | I don’t trust this guy. | 我不信任这家伙 |
[13:37] | I mean, maybe she did clean him out, but think about it. | 我是说 也许她是把他给刮得身无分文 |
[13:40] | Does doing something for money really sound like Faye? | 可是以钱为目的 这听着像法耶干的事吗 |
[13:43] | No, it doesn’t, but he crossed a line, | 不像 可他犯了错 |
[13:45] | he didn’t get disbarred, and she got paid. | 他没有被吊销律师执照 而她得到了封口费 |
[13:47] | So how else do you explain it? | 除此之外 你还能怎么解释这事 |
[13:50] | Wait a second. Maybe the Faye we know | 等一下 也许我们所知道的法耶 |
[13:51] | needed a little help getting there. | 是得到了些帮助才成现在这样的 |
[13:53] | – Meaning? – It’s easy to not care about money | -什么意思 -在你有了足够的钱之后 |
[13:54] | after you already have it. | 你才可以视金钱如粪土啊 |
[13:56] | Are you saying she took his money | 你是说她拿了他的钱 |
[13:57] | so she could become a Special Master? | 这样才能成为特别主事 |
[13:59] | Look at the timeline. Right after the incident, | 你看时间 这件事以后 |
[14:01] | she leaves corporate law, takes a huge pay cut | 她离开了商业律师行业 牺牲了很多收入 |
[14:02] | to start working for the Bar | 开始去律师协会工作 |
[14:04] | and all of sudden it doesn’t matter | 突然间钱不重要了 |
[14:05] | because she’s got a pile of money. | 因为她拿到了一大笔 |
[14:06] | Then the question is how do we prove it? | 那问题是我们怎么去证明呢 |
[14:08] | Because this clown’s word isn’t enough. | 因为这家伙的话还不够 |
[14:11] | Well, I’m not sure if it’ll prove it, | 我虽不确定一定可以证明 |
[14:11] | but I know where to start. | 但我知道从哪里下手 |
[14:20] | If you’re picturing Faye’s face on that bag, | 如果你把沙袋想象成法耶的脸 |
[14:22] | you’re not the only one. | 那这么做的不止你一个 |
[14:23] | What are you doing here, Alex? | 你来做什么 亚历克斯 |
[14:25] | I’m here because knowing you, | 我来这是因为以我的了解 |
[14:26] | you’re not just working on your left cross. | 你不会只是在练习你的左直拳 |
[14:28] | And I’m here to help. | 我来是帮忙的 |
[14:29] | You’re right, I’m not just hitting the bag. | 你说得对 我不是仅仅在打沙袋 |
[14:31] | But what I need to do, you’re not gonna want any part of. | 可我要做的事 你肯定不想沾边 |
[14:33] | Try me. | 说说看 |
[14:37] | I have to deliver Gavin Andrews to the FBI. | 我得把盖文·安德鲁斯交给联调局 |
[14:40] | What? | 什么 |
[14:41] | They know he’s corrupt; they just can’t prove it. | 他们知道他贪腐 可就是没法证明 |
[14:43] | Well, now I know I was right to come here | 我就知道来这是对的 |
[14:45] | because you’re out of your fucking mind. | 因为你是他妈的疯了 |
[14:46] | – Alex… – Have you forgotten | -亚历克斯 -你忘了 |
[14:47] | the list of shit he has on you? | 他还有着你的把柄 |
[14:49] | You do this, he’ll figure it out, | 你这么干 他会猜出来 |
[14:50] | and you won’t just be fired, | 你不仅会被炒掉 |
[14:51] | you’ll end up in prison. | 你会坐牢的 |
[14:52] | Well, that’s a risk I’m willing to take. | 我愿意冒这个风险 |
[14:53] | Samantha, it’s just a job. It’s not worth it. | 萨曼莎 这只不过是份工作 不值得的 |
[14:55] | It’s worth it to me. Because I can’t wake up | 我觉得值得 因为我不想每天醒过来 |
[14:58] | feeling this way every day. | 都这么郁闷 |
[15:03] | I didn’t have a family, Alex. | 我没有家 亚历克斯 |
[15:05] | And I’d get placed somewhere, | 我会被派到一个什么地方 |
[15:06] | and just when I was finally feeling safe, | 正当我终于觉得安全的时候 |
[15:09] | the bottom would drop out | 脚底下一下就被撤空了 |
[15:10] | and they’d send me away. | 他们又把我派去别的地方 |
[15:12] | I didn’t have a say in anything. | 我一点决定权都没有 |
[15:14] | And I promised myself I would never be that powerless again. | 我对自己发过誓 再也不能那么无助了 |
[15:22] | Okay, we’ll go after him. | 好吧 我们去对付他 |
[15:25] | But we have to make sure he doesn’t know it’s you, | 但我们得确定他不会知道是你在搞他 |
[15:27] | which is gonna be tough because he doesn’t trust you. | 这会挺困难的 因为他本来就不信任你 |
[15:31] | Well, he’ll have to trust me if he thinks there’s someone | 如果有个他更不信任的人的话 |
[15:34] | he can trust even less. Which there is. | 他就只能信我了 还真有那么个人 |
[15:37] | – What are you talking about? – His niece. | -你说的是谁 -他的侄女 |
[15:39] | The one I gave you. | 我告诉过你的 |
[15:40] | I did tell her Gavin used her name | 我的确告诉过她 盖文在那桩逃税案里 |
[15:42] | in that tax-evasion racket. | 用了她的名字 |
[15:43] | Which means she owes us one. | 就是说她欠我们个人情 |
[15:44] | And Gavin won’t be thinking about the gun he’s got to your head | 而如果盖文自顾不暇 |
[15:46] | if he’s got one to his. | 他就不会想着来威胁你 |
[15:47] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[15:49] | In that case, I’ll say good night. | 这样的话 那就晚安吧 |
[15:51] | There’s a phone call I need to make. | 我得去打个电话 |
[15:58] | Gretchen, we have a situation and we need your help. | 格蕾琴 我们有个情况需要你帮忙 |
[16:01] | You two coming to see me at the same time. | 你们俩一起来找我 |
[16:02] | Whatever it is, must be serious. | 不管是什么事 一定很严重 |
[16:04] | It is. Louis and I have reason to believe | 的确 路易和我有理由相信 |
[16:06] | that Faye manipulated the Ethics Board | 法耶十五年前为了个人的利益 |
[16:08] | for personal gain 15 years ago. | 利用了职业道德委员会 |
[16:10] | We can use it to get rid of her, but we’ll need proof. | 我们可以利用这点把她赶走 但需要证据 |
[16:13] | And we’re here to ask you to reach out to anyone you know | 我们来是请你去找你所认识的人 |
[16:14] | at your old firm, give you anything he can. | 在旧律所里认识的人 尽可能打探消息 |
[16:17] | But, Gretchen, if Faye finds out, she could fire you. | 但是格蕾琴 如果法耶发现此事 她可能会开除你 |
[16:22] | Okay, I’ll do it on one condition. | 好 但我有一个条件 |
[16:25] | Name it. | 什么条件 |
[16:27] | Harvey throws you a baby shower. | 让哈维给你办一场婴儿送礼会 |
[16:29] | – What? – That’s a great idea. | -什么 -好主意 |
[16:30] | No, it’s not. First of all, you’re not the one who’s pregnant. | 好什么好 首先 怀孕的不是你 |
[16:33] | Second of all, men don’t throw baby showers. | 其次 男人办什么婴儿送礼会 |
[16:35] | Times have changed, Harvey, | 时代不同了 哈维 |
[16:36] | and it just so happens I have thoughts on a color scheme. | 而且我刚好对配色方案有点想法 |
[16:38] | Color scheme? | 配色方案吗 |
[16:38] | Would you like me to be Sheila’s midwife, too? | 要不希拉的助产士也让我来当 |
[16:40] | Now that you mention it, we could really use a friendly– | 话说回来 我们真的可以找个关系好的 |
[16:42] | All right, this is bullshit. | 行了 这都是狗屁 |
[16:43] | We came to you with a serious request. | 我们来找你是有要事相求 |
[16:45] | You turned it into a joke, so you know what– | 你却当作一个笑话 算了… |
[16:46] | You think I’m joking here? | 你以为我是在开玩笑吗 |
[16:49] | I know how goddamn serious this is. | 我知道这事有多严肃 |
[16:50] | Louis said himself, Faye catches wind of this, | 路易都说了 法耶要是听到了风声 |
[16:53] | I’m out on my ass. | 我就得滚蛋 |
[16:54] | And baby showers aren’t bullshit. | 婴儿送礼会也不是什么狗屁 |
[16:55] | It’s what people who love each other do for each other. | 互相友爱的人都会给对方办的 |
[16:57] | Gretchen… | 格蕾琴… |
[16:59] | – he doesn’t need… – Yes, he does. | -他不必… -不 一定要 |
[17:03] | You see how much it would mean to him. | 你知道这对他来说意义重大 |
[17:04] | Why can’t you just do it? | 你为什么就不能办一个呢 |
[17:09] | I’ll throw you a baby shower, Louis. | 我会给你办一场婴儿送礼会的 路易 |
[17:11] | I’ll get you what you need. | 我会把你们要的消息带回来 |
[17:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:28] | Katrina, | 卡特里娜 |
[17:30] | you were supposed to be here 15 minutes ago. | 你迟到了十五分钟 |
[17:31] | They’re in the judge’s chambers. | 他们在法官的办公室里 |
[17:32] | I know. I got caught up. | 我知道 我路上耽搁了 |
[17:34] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[17:35] | Yes, I’m fine, Susan. Let’s just get in there. | 没事 苏珊 我们快进去吧 |
[17:39] | Your Honor, Curt Lassiter founded a company. | 法官大人 柯特·莱西特开了一家公司 |
[17:41] | He was happy. | 他很开心 |
[17:43] | There was no reason for him to leave. | 根本不存在离开的理由 |
[17:44] | Except one, his partners forced his hand. | 除非是受到合伙人的逼迫 |
[17:47] | That’s ridiculous, Your Honor. | 这太荒谬了 法官大人 |
[17:49] | Mr. Lassiter forfeited any future claims to Curt’s Coffee. | 莱西特先生放弃了柯特咖啡未来的权利 |
[17:54] | He signed the agreement. | 他在协议上签字了 |
[17:55] | Except that agreement is invalid because Curt was told | 但协议是无效的 因为他们告诉柯特 |
[17:57] | if he didn’t sign, his shares would be diluted. | 如果他不签字 他的股权会被稀释 |
[17:59] | So he did what anyone under duress would do. | 所以他像任何一个受到胁迫的人一样 |
[18:02] | He took what he could get. | 选择了及时止损 |
[18:03] | And you have proof of that? | 你有证据吗 |
[18:04] | Those threats weren’t put on paper, | 这些胁迫不是书面的 |
[18:06] | which is why I need to compel testimony. | 所以我需要强制证人出庭 |
[18:08] | So you can make a mockery of the facts | 这样你就能嘲弄事实 |
[18:10] | and paint Curt as a victim? | 让柯特扮作受害人了 对吗 |
[18:11] | He is a victim, Katrina. | 他就是受害人 卡特里娜 |
[18:14] | This wasn’t what he wanted. | 这不是他想要的 |
[18:18] | Your Honor… | 法官大人… |
[18:20] | case law on this matter is clear. | 这方面的判例非常清晰 |
[18:22] | There has to be evidence of duress to move forward. | 必须要有胁迫的证据 流程才能继续 |
[18:25] | Do you have any precedent for that, | 你有什么判例呢 |
[18:26] | Ms. Bennett? | 班尼特女士 |
[18:29] | Ms. Bennett? | 班尼特女士 |
[18:30] | Do you have a rebuttal? | 你有什么反证吗 |
[18:34] | Yes, Your Honor. Klein versus Bartis shows | 有 法官大人 克莱恩诉巴蒂斯案显示 |
[18:37] | there has to be evidence of duress to move forward. | 必须要有胁迫的证据 流程才能继续 |
[18:39] | And we need subpoena power to get that evidence. | 所以我们需要传唤证人出庭以获取证据 |
[18:41] | Ms. Bennett, do you have anything to say? | 班尼特女士 你有什么要说的吗 |
[18:43] | As you’re having your associate speak for you, | 你让你的助理律师帮你说话 |
[18:46] | it seems like you’re not taking this matter seriously. | 看来你不太重视这个案子 |
[18:48] | I take it seriously, Your Honor, I– | 我很重视 法官大人 我… |
[18:51] | Your Honor, I’d like to ask for a continuance. | 法官大人 我申请延期审理 |
[18:54] | Klein versus Bartis is a complicated ruling | 克莱恩诉巴蒂斯案的裁决比较复杂 |
[18:57] | and I’ll need time to rebut. | 我需要时间来反驳 |
[18:59] | That is kind of you to say, Mr. Altman, | 你这样做很有风度 阿特曼先生 |
[19:01] | but I’m not hearing anything from them | 但她们没有给出任何 |
[19:02] | to make me dismiss this case. | 能让我驳回此案的理由 |
[19:04] | And I would suggest the next time you come before me, Ms. Bennett, | 班尼特女士 我建议你们下一次来见我之前 |
[19:07] | that you come prepared. | 把准备工作做好 |
[19:15] | What are you doing here, Donna? | 你来这儿干什么 唐娜 |
[19:17] | ‘Cause if you’re looking to reenact “Top Gun,” | 如果你想在这儿演一场《壮志凌云》 |
[19:18] | I’m all for it. | 我举双手支持 |
[19:20] | This is serious, Harvey. | 别开玩笑 哈维 |
[19:22] | I wanna talk about our plan. | 我想谈谈我们的计划 |
[19:23] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[19:24] | Louis told me that you went to see Faye’s ex. | 路易告诉我 你去见了法耶的前夫 |
[19:26] | And I know that you don’t want to hear this, | 我知道这话你不爱听 |
[19:28] | but I think that’s a bad road to go down. | 但我觉得这样下去不行 |
[19:30] | Well then he didn’t tell you the full story | 那是他没把完整的计划告诉你 |
[19:32] | because it’s leading somewhere. | 因为我们是有目的的 |
[19:34] | That’s not what I meant. Faye called me the other night. | 我没说这个 法耶那晚给我打电话了 |
[19:36] | – She knows we’re coming at her. – So what? | -她知道我们要对付她 -那又如何 |
[19:38] | So you’re digging into her personal life. | 你们在刺探她的私生活 |
[19:40] | She’s gonna find out. | 她会发现的 |
[19:40] | I don’t give a shit if she finds out about it. | 我根本不在乎她发不发现 |
[19:43] | She made it personal when she fired Samantha. | 她炒了萨曼莎 这就变成私人恩怨了 |
[19:45] | Harvey, you’re not hearing me. | 哈维 你没听懂我的意思 |
[19:46] | She finds out about this, she’s gonna go ballistic. | 她要是发现了会勃然大怒 |
[19:48] | Damn it, Donna, whose side are you on? | 妈的 唐娜 你到底在帮谁 |
[19:50] | Faye’s or Samantha’s? | 法耶还是萨曼莎 |
[19:51] | I’m on the side of all of us, Harvey. | 我在帮我们所有人 哈维 |
[19:53] | Because we may need to get Faye out, | 我们虽然想把法耶赶走 |
[19:55] | but if this thing goes too far, | 但如果做得太过火 |
[19:56] | we may not have a firm for Samantha to come back to. | 我们可能连律所都丢了 更别说萨曼莎了 |
[20:05] | Gavin, what can I do for you? | 盖文 找我有什么事 |
[20:06] | We’ve got a problem, and her name is Darlene. | 我们遇到了问题 关于达琳的 |
[20:10] | What’s the problem? | 什么问题 |
[20:11] | The problem is she’s developed some expensive tastes. | 问题就是她的品位越发昂贵了 |
[20:14] | And thanks to you, | 多亏了你 |
[20:14] | she’s figured out she’s got a rich uncle that | 她才发现自己有个有钱的叔叔 |
[20:16] | she’s decided to use as an ATM. | 她决定当作自动取款机来用 |
[20:18] | You’re saying she’s blackmailing you. | 你是说她在敲诈你 |
[20:20] | Yes, Alex, I am. | 对 亚历克斯 我被敲诈了 |
[20:21] | And I need you to make her go away. | 我需要你 让她别再烦我 |
[20:23] | What exactly are you asking me to do here, Gavin? | 你到底要我做什么 盖文 |
[20:25] | Because if it’s illegal, I’m not doing it. | 因为违法的事我可不做 |
[20:27] | Don’t give me that Boy Scout shit. | 别跟我谈什么正直的狗屁话 |
[20:29] | You’re the reason | 就是因为你 |
[20:29] | she knows about my tax management strategy in the first place. | 她才了解我的税务管理策略的 |
[20:32] | You mean your money laundering scheme that | 你是说你利用她和我来帮你 |
[20:33] | you were using her and me to help you get away with. | 摆脱洗钱困境的那个计划 |
[20:36] | – Alex… – Gavin, I told you once, | -亚历克斯… -盖文 我说过了 |
[20:37] | I’ll tell you again. I don’t do shit like this. | 我再重申一遍 这种破事我不做 |
[20:41] | But you’re in luck | 但你很幸运 |
[20:41] | because Samantha Wheeler doesn’t work here anymore. | 因为萨曼莎·惠勒不在这里工作了 |
[20:43] | And if you want to go to her, | 如果你想去找她 |
[20:45] | not as your lawyer, but as a private citizen, | 不是作为你的律师 而是作为一个公民 |
[20:48] | then I strongly advise against it. | 我强烈反对 |
[20:51] | She won’t do this for me. She can’t stand me. | 她不会帮我的 她很讨厌我 |
[20:53] | No, she can’t. But she just lost her job, | 没错 她讨厌你 但她刚丢了工作 |
[20:55] | so as long as the price is right, | 只要价格合适 |
[20:57] | I bet she’ll do whatever needs doing. | 我打赌她会做任何事 |
[21:06] | Katrina, if this is about court tomorrow. | 卡特里娜 如果你要说明天法庭的事 |
[21:07] | Susan already contacted me. | 苏珊已经联系我了 |
[21:09] | It’s not about that, Brian. I’m calling to tell you | 不是因为那个 布莱恩 我打电话告诉你 |
[21:11] | you didn’t need to do that today. | 你今天不必那么做 |
[21:13] | Yes, I did. You weren’t providing effective counsel. | 我应该的 你没有提供有效建议 |
[21:15] | And when I win this thing, | 等我赢了 |
[21:16] | I don’t want it appealed. | 我不想上诉 |
[21:17] | Come on, Brian. You did that | 说实话吧 布莱恩 你那么做 |
[21:18] | because you saw that I was having a migraine. | 是因为你看到我偏头痛了 |
[21:23] | Okay, I did. | 我是看到了 |
[21:25] | But as long as we’re being honest, | 既然我们坦诚相对 |
[21:26] | you were having that migraine because of me. | 你是因为我才犯了偏头痛 |
[21:28] | I know you’re conflicted | 我知道你很纠结 |
[21:29] | about going against me on this and the reason… | 做我的对手 |
[21:31] | I know that is because I’m conflicted, too. | 我懂是因为我也很纠结 |
[21:34] | That doesn’t mean you have to prop me up. | 这并不意味着你必须支持我 |
[21:36] | Maybe not, | 也许是吧 |
[21:37] | but you could’ve had me thrown off this case | 但你本可以把我踢出这个案子 |
[21:38] | and you didn’t. | 但你没有 |
[21:40] | The least I could do was return the favor. | 我能做的最起码就是回报这个人情 |
[21:43] | Okay, but I don’t want you thinking that I need charity | 好吧 但我不希望你认为我需要同情 |
[21:45] | or that I can’t handle you. | 或是我无法应付你 |
[21:47] | – I don’t think that. – Then thank you. | -我不这么认为 -那就谢谢你了 |
[21:51] | And you’re right, I am conflicted, | 你说得对 我很纠结 |
[21:53] | because I’ve never been involved in a case with you | 因为我们一起处理的案子 |
[21:55] | where I wasn’t rooting for you. | 我都是支持你的 |
[21:58] | Well, there’s no rule that says just because | 没人规定说只是因为 |
[22:00] | you’re going against me you can’t still root for me. | 你是我的对手 你就不能支持我 |
[22:01] | Actually, Brian, there is a rule | 实际上 布莱恩 有一条规则 |
[22:03] | and that’s exactly what it says. | 就是这个意思 |
[22:05] | Good night, Katrina. | 晚安 卡特里娜 |
[22:07] | See you in court, Brian. | 法庭见 布莱恩 |
[22:12] | 30 pounds overweight and this is what you do for dinner? | 你超重三十磅 晚餐还吃这些 |
[22:16] | Faye, I didn’t know you cared. | 法耶 我不知道你还关心我 |
[22:19] | The only thing I care about | 我只关心一件事 |
[22:20] | is that you keep making bad decisions. | 就是你不断地在做错误决定 |
[22:23] | Such as? | 比如 |
[22:24] | Such as talking to Harvey Specter | 比如和哈维·斯佩克特见面 |
[22:26] | or whoever else came to you. | 或者其他来找你的人 |
[22:28] | – I didn’t talk to anybody. – Bullshit, George. | -我没和任何人说话 -胡说 乔治 |
[22:31] | Bernice called me, said someone was looking into | 柏妮丝打电话给我说有人在调查 |
[22:33] | my communications from back then, | 我过去的通讯记录 |
[22:35] | and it took about five seconds for me | 我只用了五秒钟 |
[22:36] | to figure out who pointed them in that direction. | 就想到了是谁给他们指明了方向 |
[22:39] | God damn Bernice. | 该死的柏妮丝 |
[22:40] | Let’s skip the part where you blame someone else | 让我们跳过你责备别人的那部分 |
[22:42] | and get to the part where you tell me what you told them. | 来告诉我你告诉他们什么了 |
[22:46] | Nothing that wasn’t true. | 我没有编造事实 |
[22:47] | I seriously doubt that. | 我真心不相信 |
[22:49] | Well, come to think of it, I may have left out a few details, | 仔细想想 我也许漏掉了几个细节 |
[22:52] | but those two didn’t seem particularly interested in nuance. | 但那两个人貌似也不注重细节 |
[22:55] | So I drew them a map | 所以我画了张地图 |
[22:57] | and I showed them exactly where to go. | 告诉他们去哪里找 |
[23:00] | – The Ethics Board. – That’s right. | -道德委员会 -没错 |
[23:03] | You’re a Grade A son of a bitch. | 你真是个狗娘养的 |
[23:05] | And you’re a Grade A hypocrite. | 你真是一个伪君子 |
[23:07] | Walking around like you never crossed a line. | 趾高气昂地像是从来没越过界 |
[23:09] | Well, you did. And when this is over, | 你做过 当这一切结束时 |
[23:11] | you’re gonna be out on your ass | 你就会被扫地出门 |
[23:13] | and I’ll have done to you exactly what you did to me. | 就像你曾经对待我那样 |
[23:21] | Susan, good. What have you got? | 苏珊 终于来了 找到什么了 |
[23:22] | I think I know how we can go after Curt Lassiter tomorrow. | 我知道我们明天该怎么对付柯特·莱西特了 |
[23:26] | He says he never wanted to leave his firm, | 他说他从不想离开他的公司 |
[23:28] | but that’s what he’s saying now. | 但这是他现在的说法 |
[23:29] | We need to know what he was saying then. | 我们需要知道他那时怎么说 |
[23:35] | You want to get access to his personal email account. | 你想访问他的个人电子邮件帐户 |
[23:37] | All we need is one email | 我们只需要一封电子邮件 |
[23:38] | where he says he’s happy with his payout and we’ve got him. | 表明他对他的补偿很满意 我们就搞定他了 |
[23:41] | It’s a good idea, Susan, but it won’t work. | 想法不错 苏珊 但不行 |
[23:43] | There’s no way Brian would ever allow personal emails | 布莱恩不可能允许私人电子邮件 |
[23:46] | to be part of this case. | 成为本案的证据 |
[23:47] | He will if you force him to. | 如果你强迫他 他会的 |
[23:50] | And how on earth would I do that? | 我究竟该怎样做呢 |
[23:52] | By using your history with Brian to show | 用你和布莱恩的感情来表明 |
[23:53] | there’s no difference between the personal and the professional. | 私人生活和工作其实并没有区别 |
[23:58] | Susan, you’re suggesting | 苏珊 你是在建议 |
[23:59] | exposing intimate details of Brian’s life | 公开一些布莱恩生活的私密细节 |
[24:01] | when we don’t even know if we’ll find anything. | 我们甚至不知道我们能找到什么 |
[24:04] | But we might. | 但我们也许可以 |
[24:06] | And the jury is alwaysgoing to sympathize | 陪审团总是去同情 |
[24:08] | with a founder who got booted from his own company. | 一个被他自己公司解雇的创始人 |
[24:13] | Is this because you still have feelings for Brian? | 这是因为你对布莱恩还有感情吗 |
[24:16] | It’s because I was having a migraine today | 因为我今天有偏头痛 |
[24:17] | and he tried to let me off the hook. | 他帮助我摆脱了困境 |
[24:20] | Something was going on, that much was obvious. | 有情况发生 那太明显了 |
[24:22] | But, Katrina, just because you’re his soft spot | 但是 卡特里娜 你是他的软肋 |
[24:26] | doesn’t mean he has to be yours. | 并不意味着他也得是你的软肋 |
[24:41] | Okay, you got me here. This better be good. | 好了 你叫我来 最好是好事 |
[24:44] | My niece is coming after me. | 我侄女在找我麻烦 |
[24:46] | So what? Why aren’t you calling | 那又怎样 你干嘛找我 |
[24:48] | Alex Williams with this instead of me? | 不去找亚历克斯·威廉姆斯 |
[24:50] | ‘Cause you’ve always been willing to do things he won’t. | 因为你总会愿意做他不做的事 |
[24:53] | What specifically is she coming after you for? | 她具体在找你什么麻烦 |
[24:55] | She wants $10 million, or she’s threatening | 她想要一千万 否则她就会 |
[24:58] | to come forward with everything she has on my money laundering operations. | 说出她知道的关于我洗钱的一切事情 |
[25:01] | And exactly how much does she know? | 那她究竟知道多少 |
[25:04] | Enough to put me away for a long time. | 足够让我蹲好长时间的大牢了 |
[25:09] | Okay, give the money to me and I’ll give it to her. | 好吧 把钱给我 我会转交给她 |
[25:12] | No one ever has to know, | 没人会知道 |
[25:13] | but I’ll record her accepting a bribe. | 但我会录下她收受贿赂的过程 |
[25:15] | And if she ever comes calling again, we have her. | 她要是再找上门来 我们就有她的把柄 |
[25:18] | So I’m supposed to just give her the money? | 那我就直接给她钱吗 |
[25:20] | Short of killing her, | 除非杀了她 |
[25:21] | I don’t see any other way out of this. | 我想不到还有别的什么办法 |
[25:22] | And, Gavin, I’m not doing that. | 而且盖文 我不会那么做 |
[25:26] | And how do I know you’re not just gonna keep the money for yourself? | 那我怎么知道你不会把钱占为己有 |
[25:29] | Because you’re gonna pay me 5 million for doing this damn thing. | 因为你要付我五百万作为报酬 |
[25:31] | You want half of what I’m giving her | 你就仅仅录个音 |
[25:32] | just to record someone? | 就想要我付给她费用的一半吗 |
[25:33] | It’s not just recording someone, asshole. | 这不止是录音 混蛋 |
[25:35] | It’s taking part in covering up a crime. | 这是参与掩盖罪行 |
[25:37] | And, Gavin, you don’t get someone to do this for you, | 而且盖文 你找不到人帮你 |
[25:40] | 10 million is a drop in the bucket. | 一千万只是沧海一粟 |
[25:41] | She’ll take you for another 50 and you know it. | 她会再敲诈你五千万 你心知肚明 |
[25:44] | There’s my girl. | 果然找对人了 |
[25:46] | I gotta say, you’re a lot more fun to work with | 不得不说 比起中城区律所的圣母亚历克斯 |
[25:48] | than Saint Alex of Midtown. I’ve missed this. | 和你共事有趣多了 我会想念这一刻的 |
[25:52] | Well, I haven’t. | 我不会 |
[25:53] | Get me the money, and I’ll get you your tape. | 一手交钱 一手交录音 |
[26:03] | Ms. Bennett, I see you’re here with another motion. | 班尼特女士 我看到你带来了另一项动议 |
[26:06] | I hope it’s more cogent than your last one. | 希望能比你之前的动议更有说服力 |
[26:08] | It is, Your Honor. I would like to expand | 会的 法官大人 我想要 |
[26:10] | discovery to include Curt Lassiter’s | 从柯特·莱西特在调查期间的 |
[26:12] | personal emails during the period in question. | 私人邮件中寻找证据 |
[26:14] | Your Honor, that’s an invasion of privacy | 法官大人 这是侵犯隐私 |
[26:16] | and not at all pertinent to the case. | 而且和本案毫不相关 |
[26:18] | Isn’t it? Mr. Altman’s own argument | 无关吗 阿特曼先生辩护称 |
[26:21] | is that Curt was forced out | 柯特在非正式谈话中 |
[26:23] | through unofficial conversations. | 被迫离开公司 |
[26:24] | That’s no reason to dig into my client’s private life. | 那也不是调查我方客户私生活的理由 |
[26:26] | What precedent are you citing, Ms. Bennett? | 你有引用的先例吗 班尼特女士 |
[26:28] | My precedent isn’t legal, Your Honor. | 不是法律先例 法官大人 |
[26:30] | It’s how life is. | 生活就是如此 |
[26:33] | When you work with people for a long time, | 当你和别人长时间共事 |
[26:36] | relationships become personal and lines get blurred. | 你们的关系会变得私人化 界限开始模糊 |
[26:39] | Objection, Your Honor. That’s speculation. | 反对 法官大人 推测行为 |
[26:40] | No, Brian. It isn’t. | 不 布莱恩 不是推测 |
[26:44] | You used to be my associate, correct? | 你曾经是我的助理律师 对吗 |
[26:47] | I did. | 是的 |
[26:47] | And isn’t it true we had personal conversations | 我们曾在律所内谈生活 |
[26:50] | inside the office and work conversations outside? | 在律所外谈工作 对吗 |
[26:53] | That’s true, but don’t see how… | 没错 但我不知道这和… |
[26:54] | But nothing. At some point, | 没有但是 从某一刻起 |
[26:56] | you stopped thinking of me as your superior, | 你不再把我视作你的上级 |
[26:58] | and we became more than co-workers, didn’t we? | 我们不再只是同事关系 对吗 |
[27:01] | Yes, we did. | 是的 |
[27:03] | Then I have every right to your client’s emails. | 那我有充分理由调查你客户的邮件 |
[27:06] | But what if they reveal things having nothing to do with this case | 但如果邮件暴露了与本案无关的 |
[27:09] | that he doesn’t want in the world? | 当事人不想公之于众的信息怎么办 |
[27:10] | Do you think I’m the kind of lawyer who would smear a man’s character? | 你认为我是会污蔑他人品格的那种律师吗 |
[27:14] | I think you have more integrity than any lawyer I’ve ever met. | 我认为你比我认识的所有律师都更加正直 |
[27:18] | That doesn’t sound like much of an objection, Mr. Altman. | 这听起来不像在反对 阿特曼先生 |
[27:20] | You’ll hand over those emails immediately. | 你立即递交这些邮件 |
[27:27] | Harvey, can I have a word with you? | 哈维 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[27:29] | Sorry, Faye. My days of talking to you are over. | 抱歉 法耶 我不想再和你谈了 |
[27:33] | I know you went to see George. | 我知道你去见了乔治 |
[27:35] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[27:36] | So I wanna know what he told you. | 我想知道他对你说了什么 |
[27:38] | to get money | 真相 在你发现他犯罪之后 |
[27:40] | {\shad1after you found out he was committing a crime. | 你利用他拿到了一笔钱 |
[27:43] | Well, I hate to tell you this, but that’s not the truth. | 抱歉地告诉你 这不是真相 |
[27:46] | You gonna say you didn’t keep him from | 你想说你没有让他 |
[27:47] | being investigated by the Bar | 免于受到律师协会的调查 |
[27:49] | and then he didn’t miraculously agree | 然后他没有在离婚协议中 |
[27:51] | to give you all his money in the divorce settlement? | 神奇地同意把全部身家都给你吗 |
[27:53] | That’s the thing George is good at. | 乔治擅长的就是这个 |
[27:55] | Twisting details to sound true. | 扭曲细节 混淆视听 |
[27:57] | I did keep them from investigating him | 我的确让他免遭调查 |
[27:59] | and I made him give me that money. | 也让他把钱给我 |
[28:01] | But what he left out was, | 但他没提的是 |
[28:03] | I stayed there three more years and didn’t take a salary, | 我在那里呆了三年多 没有拿任何工资 |
[28:06] | so I could make his clients whole. | 才保住了他的所有客户 |
[28:08] | Bullshit. Why would you do that if you hated the man? | 鬼扯 如果你恨他 为什么要这么做 |
[28:12] | Because I have a daughter. | 因为我有一个女儿 |
[28:13] | And I didn’t want her to grow up | 我不想让她长大后 |
[28:15] | knowing that her father was a criminal. | 得知自己的父亲是个罪犯 |
[28:18] | There it is. There’s the truth. | 就是这样 这就是真相 |
[28:20] | So you can expose me, | 你可以揭穿我 |
[28:22] | but you’ll be shattering my daughter’s conception of her father. | 但你将粉碎我女儿对于父亲的想象 |
[28:28] | Well, here’s what we’re gonna do. | 我们这么做吧 |
[28:30] | You’re gonna hire Samantha back. | 你把萨曼莎请回来 |
[28:31] | Then you’re gonna resign. | 然后你辞职 |
[28:33] | And we’re gonna call it even. | 我们就扯平了 |
[28:34] | – I can’t do that. – I’m sorry, what did you say? | -我做不到 -对不起 你刚刚说什么 |
[28:37] | I can’t horse trade my way out of this. | 我不能在这件事上讨价还价 |
[28:39] | I don’t believe this. | 我不敢相信 |
[28:40] | You let this piece of shit off scot-free, | 你让这种混蛋逍遥法外 |
[28:42] | but you won’t bring her back | 却因为连证据都没有的事 |
[28:43] | for something you don’t even have proof of? | 不让她回来 |
[28:45] | I have all the goddamn proof I need. | 我已经有了我需要的所有该死的证据 |
[28:46] | Because just three days ago, | 因为就在三天前 |
[28:47] | you were in that office yelling at her for this and I saw you. | 你在办公室为了这件事吼她 我看到了 |
[28:51] | Well, you might as well start packing your shit, Faye, | 你最好开始准备收拾东西走人 法耶 |
[28:54] | because as soon as I find proof of what you did… | 因为一旦我发现相关证据… |
[28:58] | you’re gone. | 你就得离开 |
[29:05] | I crossed one line in my career. | 我在职业生涯中 就越过这么一次界 |
[29:09] | I hated doing it, but I did it. | 我不想那么做 但我还是做了 |
[29:12] | For my child. | 为了我的孩子 |
[29:15] | Samantha did what she did to win a case. | 萨曼莎做那些事是为了赢下案子 |
[29:19] | That’s not the same thing. | 这不是一回事 |
[29:28] | Katrina, I found something. | 卡特里娜 我找到了一些东西 |
[29:31] | What is it? | 什么 |
[29:31] | An email chain from Lassiter to his best friend | 莱西特发给最好的朋友的一批邮件 |
[29:34] | bragging about the yacht he was about to buy | 里面吹嘘他打算用那笔生意的收益 |
[29:37] | with the proceeds from his awesome deal. | 来买一艘游艇 |
[29:42] | Susan, this is great. | 苏珊 这太棒了 |
[29:43] | We can use it to force a settlement. | 我们可以用这个来迫使和解 |
[29:45] | Settlement? We don’t need to settle. | 和解 我们不需要和解 |
[29:47] | This is proof they’re lying. | 这是他们说谎的证据 |
[29:48] | And didn’t you say Brian | 而且你不是说过布莱恩 |
[29:49] | refused to even consider a settlement? | 甚至拒绝考虑和解吗 |
[29:51] | Yes, but now we have leverage. | 是的 但现在我们有了筹码 |
[29:54] | This isn’t leverage, this is an outright dismissal. | 这不是筹码 这可以直接驳回上诉 |
[29:57] | You don’t know that. | 你不明白 |
[29:58] | And any time you move forward with litigation, | 你在诉讼中的任何时候推进了一步 |
[30:01] | anything can happen. | 什么事都有可能发生 |
[30:02] | I know what is happening. | 我知道发生了什么 |
[30:04] | You’re trying to give him a way out. | 你想放他一马 |
[30:06] | And don’t tell me I’m wrong. | 别告诉我说错了 |
[30:08] | All right, you’re not wrong. | 好吧 你没错 |
[30:09] | Brian needs this not to be a total annihilation. | 布莱恩不希望彻底败诉 |
[30:11] | I thought you said you don’t care about him. | 我以为你说过完全不在乎他 |
[30:13] | I don’t, not in that way. | 我不在乎 不是在那个方面 |
[30:15] | Then what way? | 那是在哪个方面 |
[30:16] | Because you’re putting his interests over our client’s, | 因为你在把他的利益置于我们客户的利益之上 |
[30:18] | and that’s not right. | 这是不对的 |
[30:19] | Don’t you talk to me about what is right. | 不用你告诉我什么是对的 |
[30:21] | I have been doing what is right. | 我一直在做正确的事 |
[30:23] | I cut Brian out of my life, but he’s still a friend | 我让布莱恩从我的生活消失 但他还是朋友 |
[30:26] | and I don’t want to do this to him. | 我不想对他做这种事 |
[30:29] | Katrina, I hear you. | 卡特里娜 我听到了 |
[30:31] | But if this case was against any other lawyer, | 但如果这个案子是和任何一个别的律师打 |
[30:32] | we’d be out celebrating right now. | 我们现在已经在外面庆祝了 |
[30:35] | But it’s your call. | 不过这事你说了算 |
[30:42] | – Good, you’re here. – What is it, Louis? | -太好了 你在这儿 -怎么了 路易 |
[30:45] | Gretchen came through. | 格蕾琴来消息了 |
[30:46] | Two emails from Faye Richardson to members of the Bar | 法耶·理查德森发给法庭成员的两封邮件 |
[30:48] | specifically asking to quash any investigation into her husband. | 其中特别要求了撤销对他丈夫的任何调查 |
[30:51] | It’s all there in black and white, Harvey. | 事情已经很清楚了 哈维 |
[30:53] | We got her. | 我们抓住她的把柄了 |
[30:56] | All right. | 很好 |
[30:58] | – Let’s do this. – Hold on a second. | -就这么办吧 -等等 |
[30:59] | – What’s going on? – Nothing’s going on, Louis. | -发生什么了 -什么都没发生 路易 |
[31:02] | Harvey, I’ve seen you win enough times to know that | 哈维 我见过你赢了无数次 |
[31:04] | this is not what you look like. What is it? | 没看你这样过 到底怎么回事 |
[31:07] | You were right, that son of a bitch lied. | 你说得对 那个混蛋说了谎 |
[31:09] | She didn’t take him to the cleaners | 她把他弄得倾家荡产 |
[31:10] | just so she could have the money. | 不是为了钱 |
[31:12] | She did it to cover up his crime, | 她是为了掩盖他的罪行 |
[31:14] | so her daughter would never know. | 这样她的女儿就永远不会知道 |
[31:15] | But that means if this comes out, | 但这意味着一旦真相大白 |
[31:16] | it’ll destroy that girl’s vision of her father. | 就会毁掉那个女孩对父亲的印象 |
[31:18] | Not to mention her mother who’s kept it from her. | 更不用说她那隐瞒这件事的母亲 |
[31:20] | She’s a grown woman. She can handle it. | 她是个成年人 她可以接受的 |
[31:22] | Handle what? | 接受什么 |
[31:22] | You painting her as a liar and a cheat? | 接受你把她粉饰成一个骗子 |
[31:24] | I’m not painting her as anything. She did this. | 我没有粉饰她 她的确这么做了 |
[31:26] | And we said we’d get Samantha back, whatever it takes. | 我们说过了要让萨曼莎回来 无论代价如何 |
[31:28] | So this is what it’s gonna take. | 这就是代价 |
[31:31] | What if there was another way? | 如果有其他办法呢 |
[31:33] | What other way? | 什么办法 |
[31:35] | Alex and Samantha are working on something. | 亚历克斯和萨曼莎在想办法 |
[31:36] | What if whatever they find gets her out | 如果他们找到了一个既能让她离开 |
[31:37] | without doing something like this to a family? | 又不影响家庭关系的方法呢 |
[31:41] | One day. They have one day. | 一天 他们有一天时间 |
[31:44] | Then I’m pulling the trigger whether you like it or not. | 否则不管你喜不喜欢 我都会扣下扳机 |
[31:49] | Since when did you start working bankers’ hours? | 你什么时候开始按银行家的时间上班了 |
[31:53] | Robert. What are you doing here? | 罗伯特 你在这做什么呢 |
[31:55] | I’m here to see you. | 我来见你 |
[31:57] | Well, whatever it is, it’ll have to wait. | 不管是什么事 都得等等了 |
[31:59] | – Joy has a piano recital and… – Bullshit, she does. | -乔伊有个钢琴独奏会 -胡说 她没有 |
[32:02] | You’re getting in that car to meet Samantha. | 你上车是要去见萨曼莎 |
[32:05] | All right, you got me. | 好吧 被你发现了 |
[32:07] | She cut a deal with the FBI, and I’m helping her. | 她和联邦调查局达成了协议 我在帮她 |
[32:09] | Helping her how? | 怎么帮她 |
[32:11] | We’re giving them Gavin Andrews | 我们用盖文·安德鲁斯 |
[32:12] | in exchange for dirt on Faye. | 来交换法耶的污点 |
[32:13] | Gavin Andrews? Are you out of your damn mind? | 盖文·安德鲁斯 你疯了吗 |
[32:16] | He’s got information on her, and if he finds out… | 他有关于她的信息 如果他发现了 |
[32:18] | It doesn’t matter. The way we’re doing it, | 别担心 我们做得很小心 |
[32:19] | Gavin will never know… | 盖文永远不会知道… |
[32:20] | Says every inmate sitting in prison | 所有蹲在牢里的罪犯 |
[32:21] | that thought they committed the perfect crime. | 都以为他们把罪行计划得天衣无缝 |
[32:23] | – Robert… – Alex, listen to me. | -罗伯特 -亚历克斯 听我说 |
[32:24] | I know you’re trying to do right by her, | 我知道你是为她好 |
[32:26] | but even if Gavin doesn’t figure out what she’s up to, | 但就算盖文没发现她的目的 |
[32:29] | she has a history with the FBI. | 她和联邦调查局也很有渊源 |
[32:31] | What kind of history? | 什么渊源 |
[32:32] | The kind that could come back and bite her in the ass. | 那种会反过来给她带来麻烦的渊源 |
[32:34] | I appreciate that, Robert, | 多谢提醒 罗伯特 |
[32:35] | but the train has left the station. | 但覆水难收 |
[32:38] | Then do me one favor. | 那帮我个忙 |
[32:41] | Let me get in that car instead of you. | 让我替你上那辆车 |
[32:54] | Robert, what are you doing here? | 罗伯特 你来干什么 |
[32:56] | I’m here to help you. | 我来帮你 |
[32:57] | -Help me or stop me? – Both. | -是帮我还是阻止我 -都是 |
[32:59] | Because if you do what you’re about to, | 因为如果你干了你要干的事 |
[33:00] | the FBI is going to have something over you | 联邦调查局就会永远 |
[33:02] | for the rest of your life. | 有你的把柄了 |
[33:04] | I’m not giving up the plan. | 我不会放弃 |
[33:05] | I’m not asking you to. I’m asking you to be quiet | 我不是要你放弃 我是要你安静 |
[33:08] | and let me be a lawyer one last time. | 让我最后当一次律师 |
[33:10] | What’s going on here? | 怎么回事 |
[33:12] | We were supposed to meet alone. | 我们说好单独见面的 |
[33:14] | Well, my client and I had other ideas. | 我的客户和我有别的考虑 |
[33:16] | She’s not gonna give you anything until you sign this. | 除非你签字 否则她什么也不会给你 |
[33:23] | Blanket immunity for anything you’ve ever done. | 空白赦免书 赦免她的一切不当行为 |
[33:26] | I don’t think so. | 没门 |
[33:27] | Not anything she’s ever done. | 不是她所有的不当行为 |
[33:30] | Anything she’s ever done for the man she’s giving you. | 是为她要交给你的人所做的所有不当行为 |
[33:33] | I don’t have authority to sign this. | 我无权签署 |
[33:35] | Bullshit, you don’t. This is a one-time offer | 胡扯 过了这个村没这个店 |
[33:37] | good for 30 seconds. Take it or leave it. | 你有三十秒考虑 要不要一句话 |
[33:38] | – Robert. – Samantha, I’m handling this. | -罗伯特 -萨曼莎 我来处理 |
[33:40] | Jesus, you are Robert Zane. | 天哪 你是罗伯特·赞恩 |
[33:44] | You’re not even a lawyer. | 你都不是律师了 |
[33:45] | I don’t have to be a goddamn lawyer | 我不需要律师执照 |
[33:46] | for this to be legally binding. | 来让这东西有法律效力 |
[33:49] | So sign it or not, | 签或不签 |
[33:50] | because you’re not getting what she has without it. | 你不签就拿不到她的东西 |
[34:10] | Look at that, you came through. | 瞧瞧 你做到了 |
[34:11] | I did. Now you’re giving me | 是的 现在把你答应的东西 |
[34:13] | everything you got on Faye. | 关于法耶的事都给我 |
[34:14] | Not a goddamn thing. | 什么都没有 |
[34:16] | Turns out I couldn’t find anything on the woman. | 关于那女人的污点我什么都没找到 |
[34:19] | Just like you couldn’t find anything way back when. | 就像你当时什么都没找到一样 |
[34:21] | – We had a deal. – What deal? | -我们说好的 -说好什么了 |
[34:23] | You might have immunity on paper, | 也许你有豁免文件 |
[34:25] | but that’s all you have on paper. | 但也就只有豁免文件了 |
[34:27] | Don’t ever call me again. | 别再联系我了 |
[34:29] | You son of a bitch. | 你这个混蛋 |
[34:36] | Whatever it is you’re thinking about doing, | 不管你打算做什么 |
[34:37] | it isn’t gonna happen. | 都没门 |
[34:39] | Because I’m not getting out of this booth | 因为在我们把这件事说开前 |
[34:41] | until we talk this thing through. | 你不能离开这里 |
[34:52] | Katrina, what are you doing here? | 卡特里娜 你来干什么 |
[34:55] | We found his emails. | 我们找到了他的邮件 |
[34:56] | Curt lied about being forced out. | 柯特关于被强迫离开的假话 |
[34:59] | I’m here to end this. | 我是来结束这件案子的 |
[35:00] | And I wanted to do it in person. | 我希望可以当面说 |
[35:02] | – What about settling? – It’s too late for that. | -和解呢 -来不及了 |
[35:05] | Unless you drop this by tomorrow, | 除非明天之前撤诉 |
[35:07] | we’re going to countersue for slander. | 否则我们就以诽谤反诉 |
[35:09] | I’m sorry, Brian. | 抱歉 布莱恩 |
[35:12] | You can’t blame him for trying. | 尝试一下总是可以的 |
[35:14] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[35:15] | Curt wasn’t entirely lying. | 柯特也不算说了假话 |
[35:17] | He may not have been forced out, | 他也许不是被迫离开的 |
[35:19] | but he regretted leaving. | 但他也确实后悔了 |
[35:22] | Are you talking about him or you? | 你是说他还是说你自己 |
[35:25] | Can it be both? | 都有行吗 |
[35:27] | Your partners didn’t assign you this case, did they? | 不是你的合伙人给了你这件案子 对吗 |
[35:30] | – You took it. – I did. | -是你自己要的 -没错 |
[35:32] | I knew they were going after you and then you called and… | 我知道是和你们打官司 然后你来了电话 |
[35:34] | – And what? – I missed you. | -然后呢 -我想你了 |
[35:38] | So I took the case… | 所以我接了这个案子… |
[35:41] | Because I wanted to spend time with you. | 因为我想跟你共度些时光 |
[35:44] | I can’t believe you. | 难以置信 |
[35:46] | That’s why you wouldn’t settle? To spend more time with me? | 所以你才不和解吗 就为了共度时光 |
[35:50] | – Katrina… – No. | -卡特里娜 -不 |
[35:52] | What did you think would happen | 你觉得我们共度这时光之后 |
[35:53] | when we spent that time together? | 能有什么结果 |
[35:54] | I thought we would see each other and talk | 我就是想着见见面 聊聊天 |
[35:57] | and be in each other’s lives like we used to. | 像以前一样在对方的生活里出现 |
[35:59] | – And then? – I don’t know. | -然后呢 -我不知道 |
[36:01] | Well, what I know is that | 我知道的是 |
[36:03] | I wanted to keep working together as friends. | 我想继续作为朋友一起工作 |
[36:06] | You couldn’t do it. You left. | 可是你做不到 是你离开了 |
[36:07] | God damn it, there’s nothing wrong | 该死的 想念一个人 |
[36:09] | with missing someone, Katrina. | 有什么错 卡特里娜 |
[36:10] | There is for me. Because I have to move on. | 对我就有 因为我必须放下 |
[36:16] | And so do you. | 你也是 |
[36:20] | So that’s it? We just– | 就这样了吗 我们就… |
[36:22] | we just never see each other again? | 再也不要见面了吗 |
[36:27] | You have our terms. You can pursue this case or don’t, | 你有我们的条件 你可以继续或者放弃 |
[36:31] | but if you don’t drop this case by tomorrow, | 但如果明天之前你不撤诉 |
[36:33] | Brian, I will have you removed. | 布莱恩 我会让你退出这个案子 |
[36:41] | Can I talk to you for a second? | 能跟你说句话吗 |
[36:43] | I just got off the phone with Samantha. | 我刚和萨曼莎通了电话 |
[36:46] | Their plan didn’t work. | 计划失败了 |
[36:49] | That settles it, then. | 那么只有如此了 |
[36:51] | That’s what I’m here to talk about, Harvey. | 我就是来谈这个的 哈维 |
[36:53] | I don’t think it does. | 我觉得不能这么做 |
[36:55] | I don’t believe this. So you’re taking Louis’s side? | 难以置信 你站在路易一边 |
[36:57] | Yes, I am. And quite frankly, | 是的 我支持他 而且说实话 |
[36:59] | I don’t understand why you’re not. | 我不明白你为什么不支持 |
[37:01] | Well, let’s see. We all wanted her gone, | 那我们来理理 我们都想让她走人 |
[37:03] | this is a one-way ticket out | 这是唯一的方法 |
[37:04] | and what the fuck else is there to talk about? | 到底还有什么好讨论的 |
[37:06] | – Harvey. – What is it with all of you? | -哈维 -你们到底怎么了 |
[37:08] | Don’t you get it? She is never gonna stop coming. | 你不明白吗 她绝不会停手 |
[37:10] | Zane’s name, Louis’s title, Samantha’s job…. | 赞恩的名字 路易的职位 萨曼莎的工作 |
[37:13] | This isn’t about her. | 此事与她无关 |
[37:14] | I don’t want to be a part of doing this to someone’s family. | 我不想成为破坏别人家庭的一份子 |
[37:17] | What about what she did to our family? | 那她对我们的家人的所作所为呢 |
[37:18] | She didn’t kill anyone, Harvey. | 她没有杀人 哈维 |
[37:20] | She was just doing her job. | 她只是在尽职 |
[37:21] | And I’m the reason she fucking did it. | 而她能这么做是因为我 |
[37:24] | Faye saw me yelling at Samantha, Donna. | 法耶看到我和萨曼莎吵架了 唐娜 |
[37:27] | – That’s how she knew. – Oh, my God. | -所以她才会知道 -天哪 |
[37:29] | We could’ve had this fight anywhere. | 如果我们换个地方吵 |
[37:30] | The roof, the street, the file room… | 楼顶 大街 档案室… |
[37:33] | none of this would’ve happened. | 这一切就都不会发生了 |
[37:35] | But instead, I chose to have it right in the middle of the office, | 但我却选了在办公室里吵 |
[37:37] | where anyone could see it. | 所有人都能看得到 |
[37:40] | I get it now. | 我理解了 |
[37:45] | Harvey, if there is one thing that I love about you, | 哈维 我最爱你的一点 |
[37:47] | it’s your sense of loyalty. | 就是你的忠诚 |
[37:48] | But when you add guilt on top of that… | 但如果你是出于愧疚… |
[37:51] | What are you saying? | 你什么意思 |
[37:54] | Imagine you could go back in time | 想象一下你能回到过去 |
[37:56] | and not know about your mother what you knew. | 能选择不去知道你现在知道你母亲做的事 |
[37:59] | Wouldn’t you do that for yourself? | 你难道不会为你这么做吗 |
[38:03] | – It was my fault, Donna. – I know that. | -那是我的错 唐娜 -我知道 |
[38:07] | But doing this… | 但这么做… |
[38:11] | It’s not the man I want you to be. | 并不是我爱的人会做的事 |
[38:15] | And I know it’s not the man you want to be. | 我知道你自己其实也不愿意这么做 |
[38:24] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[38:25] | Just came in. They’re dropping the case. | 刚来的 他们撤诉了 |
[38:31] | Why are you giving this to me? | 为什么给我 |
[38:35] | Susan, what I did for Louis when I was his associate | 苏珊 我做路易的助理 |
[38:39] | and Brian did for me | 布莱恩做我助理时 |
[38:41] | was about more than just legal brilliance. | 工作都不只是法律知识 |
[38:45] | It was also about having the person’s back. | 重要的是互相照顾 |
[38:48] | And just as important… | 而且同样重要的… |
[38:50] | telling them when they’re wrong. | 是在他们犯错时提醒他们 |
[38:53] | Are you…thanking me for telling you, you were wrong? | 你是…来感谢我提醒你你错了吗 |
[38:56] | I’m explaining why I’m giving this to you. | 我是在解释我为什么要给你这个文件 |
[38:59] | Because I like my associates to keep a record of their wins. | 因为我希望我的助理有赢下的案子的列表 |
[39:03] | – Are you saying you’re making me your… – Yes, Susan, I am. | -你是说你要让我… -是的 苏珊 |
[39:06] | Unless you keep asking questions, in which case, you’re not. | 再继续问问题的话 你就不是了 |
[39:11] | – I won’t let you down. – I know you won’t. | -我不会让你失望的 -我知道你不会的 |
[39:14] | Now go home. Not having a life | 回家吧 没有私人生活 |
[39:16] | is what got me into trouble with Brian in the first place. | 就是让我陷入布莱恩的麻烦的原因 |
[39:37] | Faye. | 法耶 |
[39:39] | What can I do for you? | 有什么能为你效劳的 |
[39:41] | It’s been enough time that if Harvey were going to go to the Bar, | 如果哈维真的要去律师协会举报 |
[39:45] | he would’ve already. | 他早就动手了 |
[39:46] | And it doesn’t take Einstein to figure out who convinced him not to. | 只要稍微想想 就能知道是谁说服了他 |
[39:50] | You asked me to keep the firm together. | 你让我凝聚律所 |
[39:53] | That’s what I did. | 我只是照做了而已 |
[39:56] | How’d you do it? | 你怎么做到的 |
[39:57] | How’d you get him to back off? | 你怎么让他放弃的 |
[40:00] | I thought what if you were my mother | 我假设你是我母亲 |
[40:02] | and you’d done that for me. | 而你为我那样做 |
[40:05] | The rest just came out. | 剩下的就自然而然了 |
[40:07] | Thank you, Donna. | 谢谢 唐娜 |
[40:10] | Faye, for the record, | 法耶 我要说清楚 |
[40:12] | we didn’t do this for self-preservation. | 我们这么做不是为了自保 |
[40:15] | Because no matter what you may think of us… | 因为不管你怎么看我们… |
[40:18] | There are some lines we won’t cross. | 我们也是有自己的底线的 |
[40:30] | Okay, what was so important | 好吧 有什么大事 |
[40:31] | that I needed to come over at this time of night? | 要我这个点赶过来 |
[40:33] | I wanted to say I’m sorry. | 我想来道歉 |
[40:35] | Because we both know you’d still be at the firm | 因为我们都清楚 如果不是我 |
[40:37] | if it wasn’t for me yelling at you like an idiot. | 跟白痴一样和你吵架你也不会丢了工作 |
[40:40] | It’s okay, Harvey. | 没事 哈维 |
[40:42] | I’m the one who crossed the line. | 是我先越界的 |
[40:43] | It’s not just that, Samantha. | 不止如此 萨曼莎 |
[40:45] | We found a way to get Faye out. | 我们找到办法赶走法耶了 |
[40:48] | I didn’t take it. | 但我没做 |
[40:49] | And I wanted you to hear that from me. | 我想亲口告诉你 |
[40:51] | Donna already told me, Harvey. | 唐娜已经告诉我了 哈维 |
[40:54] | And for what it’s worth, | 不管怎么说 |
[40:56] | I think you did the right thing. | 我觉得你做得对 |
[40:57] | You’re the last person I would expect to hear that from. | 你是我觉得最不会这么说的人 |
[41:00] | Well, if you’d asked me an hour ago, you wouldn’t have. | 如果一小时前你问我 我也不会说 |
[41:03] | But she watched out for her child | 但她是为了孩子 |
[41:07] | and I wish I had a parent like that. | 我也希望有这样的父母 |
[41:10] | Samantha, what’s going on? | 萨曼莎 怎么回事 |
[41:12] | A few weeks ago, I hired an investigator | 几周前 我雇了私家侦探 |
[41:14] | and I just found out where my biological father is. | 我刚刚得知了我的亲生父亲在哪里 |
[41:17] | Pittsburgh. | 在匹兹堡 |
[41:18] | – Pittsburgh. – Yeah. | -匹兹堡 -是的 |
[41:20] | And I was gonna go tomorrow but, | 我本来要明天去 但是 |
[41:21] | Robert’s going to visit Rachel and… | 罗伯特要去看瑞秋… |
[41:24] | they can’t cancel. | 他们又不能改期 |
[41:26] | Samantha, what is it? | 萨曼莎 怎么了 |
[41:30] | I don’t wanna go alone. | 我不想一个人去 |
[41:33] | Well, if I’m not too deep in your doghouse, | 如果你不是太恨我 |
[41:37] | I certainly could use a break from Faye. | 我很愿意远离法耶几天 |
[41:39] | You’d really go with me? | 你真愿意陪我去吗 |
[41:41] | I would. | 愿意 |
[41:43] | Well, in that case, you are not too deep in my doghouse. | 这样的话 我就不那么恨你了 |
[41:46] | Okay, then. | 好吧 说好了 |
[41:48] | I’ll pick you up in the morning. | 明早我来接你 |
[41:51] | Okay. Thank you, Harvey. | 好的 谢谢 哈维 |