时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | If you want me gone, | 如果你们想让我走 |
[00:09] | convince me you people can be trusted to fly right. | 说服我你们能够行得正坐得端 |
[00:11] | And if we don’t? | 如果我们不照做呢 |
[00:12] | If you continue to cross lines, | 如果你们继续越线 |
[00:13] | then you’ll be fired. | 那你们会被开除 |
[00:14] | You lied to me. | 你骗了我 |
[00:15] | All I did was produce a piece of evidence | 我只是制造了证据 |
[00:17] | that proves exactly what we know he did. | 证明了我们知道他真做了的事 |
[00:20] | You didn’t produce it. You fabricated it, | 那不叫制造 那叫伪造 |
[00:22] | because you can’t stand someone getting the better of you. | 就因为你无法忍受别人赢过你 |
[00:24] | She is never gonna stop coming. | 她绝不会停手 |
[00:26] | Zane’s name, Louis’ title, Samantha’s job. | 赞恩的名字 路易的职位 萨曼莎的工作 |
[00:29] | How could you betray Harvey like that? | 你怎么能这样背叛哈维 |
[00:31] | – I didn’t betray anyone. – Bullshit. | -我没有背叛任何人 -胡扯 |
[00:32] | You hide behind morality | 你打着道德的幌子 |
[00:34] | when the truth is, you just can’t stand Harvey. | 事实却是你容不下哈维 |
[00:36] | He won’t change, and he’s a cancer to this firm. | 他不会改变 也因此 他成了这家律所的毒瘤 |
[00:39] | My mom cheated on my dad for most of my life. | 从我小时候开始 我母亲就在出轨 |
[00:43] | I knew it, and I kept it a secret from him. | 我一直知道 却没告诉我父亲 |
[00:45] | Remember the time we won the Little League championship? | 记得我们赢得少年棒球联盟冠军那次吗 |
[00:47] | I walked off the field, and it was supposed to be you and Dad | 我下场后 应该是你跟爸一起等着我 |
[00:51] | He wasn’t there. | 但他不在 |
[00:52] | I was so mad at you for telling me he’d be there. | 我当时恨死你了 因为你说过爸会来的 |
[00:54] | I’m sorry it took me so long to forgive you. | 很抱歉我花了这么长时间才原谅你 |
[00:57] | Harvey, I need to tell you something. | 哈维 我要告诉你一件事 |
[00:59] | What is it, Donna? | 怎么了 唐娜 |
[01:00] | Your mother had a heart attack. | 你妈妈心脏病发作了 |
[01:02] | She’s gone. | 她去世了 |
[01:07] | You got this, Harvey! | 你能行的 哈维 |
[01:36] | – Can I get your autograph? – Where’s Dad? | -能给我签个名吗 -爸爸呢 |
[01:38] | Oh, sweetheart. He wanted to be here. | 宝贝 他很想来的 |
[01:41] | You said he would be here. | 你说过他会来的 |
[01:42] | Harvey, his gig got extended last night | 哈维 昨晚他的工作延期了 |
[01:44] | and I didn’t want to tell you before the game. | 我比赛前不想告诉你 |
[01:46] | So you lied and pretended he was gonna be here | 所以你就撒谎 在明知道他来不了的情况下 |
[01:48] | when you knew he wasn’t? | 还假装他会来 |
[01:49] | – Harvey, stop. – That was the most important | -哈维 别闹了 -那是我这辈子 |
[01:51] | game of my life, and he wasn’t here. | 最重要的一场比赛 而他却不在 |
[01:53] | And he feels horrible about it, | 这件事他也不好受 |
[01:55] | but your dad is working his butt off for us. | 但你爸是在为了我们拼命工作 |
[01:58] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[01:59] | I just played the best I ever have, | 那场比赛是我打得最好的一场 |
[02:01] | and every time I looked up, | 但每次我抬头一看 |
[02:02] | the only person I could see was you. | 却只能看到你 |
[02:05] | How could you do that to me? | 你怎么能那样对我 |
[02:08] | I’m…I’m doing the best I can, Harvey. | 我…我已经尽力了 哈维 |
[02:12] | – None of us are perfect. – Yeah, well, I was today. | -人无完人 -是嘛 我今天就很完美 |
[02:16] | Now it’s all ruined because of you! | 就因为你 如今这一切全毁了 |
[02:29] | I always loved baseball. | 我一直很喜欢棒球 |
[02:33] | I got it from my dad. | 这是受我爸影响 |
[02:35] | He taught me everything: how to pitch, how to hit. | 他教会了我一切 如何投球 击球 |
[02:38] | An hour in the batting cage | 在击球场内待一小时 |
[02:39] | was my favorite way of spending an afternoon. | 是我最爱的午后消遣 |
[02:42] | Which is why, until recently, | 这也是为什么 直到最近 |
[02:43] | whenever I thought about baseball, | 每当我想到棒球 |
[02:45] | I always thought of him. | 我总是会想到他 |
[02:48] | But the truth is… | 但事实上… |
[02:52] | it was my mom that took me to every practice, | 每次带我去训练的人是我妈妈 |
[02:58] | cheered me on every game. | 为我每场比赛欢呼的人也是她 |
[03:00] | Never missed a second. | 她一秒都不曾错过 |
[03:05] | She was always there, | 她一直都陪在我身边 |
[03:07] | even when I thought she wasn’t. | 即便是我以为她不在的时候 |
[03:10] | I didn’t know that for a long time. | 很长时间以来我都没有意识到这点 |
[03:12] | But now I do. | 但如今我知道了 |
[03:22] | She used to tell me that none of us were perfect, | 她曾经告诉过我 人无完人 |
[03:24] | that we all made mistakes. | 我们都会犯错 |
[03:28] | But she always owned hers. | 但她一直都尽善尽美 |
[03:31] | she taught us about right and wrong | 她教我们明辨是非 |
[03:34] | and forgiveness. | 教我们原谅 |
[03:37] | I just have so many things I wish I could say to you… | 我有许许多多的话想对你说 |
[03:42] | Things I should have said a long time ago. | 一些我早就该对你说的话 |
[03:48] | I am so sorry it took me so long. | 很抱歉我花了这么长时间才说出口 |
[03:55] | I’ll miss you, and I’ll always love you. | 我会想你的 我永远爱你 |
[04:01] | Lord, make me a channel of thy peace, | 主啊 让我传播您的和平 |
[04:04] | that where there is hatred, I may bring love, | 哪里有仇恨 我将带去爱意 |
[04:07] | where there is wrong, forgiveness. | 哪里有过错 我将带去原谅 |
[04:17] | It was a beautiful eulogy, Harvey. | 悼词很美 哈维 |
[04:20] | She would have loved it. | 她会喜欢的 |
[04:25] | – Mike, thanks for coming. – Yeah, of course. | -迈克 谢谢你来 -没事 |
[04:30] | Listen, Harvey, uh… | 听着 哈维… |
[04:33] | about what I said the last time I was here– | 我上次在这里说的那些话… |
[04:35] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[04:37] | You being here now says everything. | 你出现在这里就已经说明一切了 |
[04:39] | Harvey, I think Marcus needs you. | 哈维 我觉得马库斯需要你 |
[04:44] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[04:49] | All right, give it to me straight, Donna. | 好了 和我实话实话 唐娜 |
[04:52] | How’s he really doing? | 他到底怎么样了 |
[04:53] | To tell you the truth, this couldn’t have come at a worse time. | 说实话 这件事发生的太不是时候了 |
[04:56] | You mean because of the Faye thing? | 是因为法耶那件事吗 |
[04:58] | I mean his family has been shattered, | 我是指他的家庭遭受了重创 |
[04:59] | and at the same time, | 而与此同时 |
[05:00] | this woman has been dismantling his other family. | 这个女人一直在拆散他的另一个家庭 |
[05:02] | And, Mike, she’s never gonna stop. | 而且 迈克 她是绝对不会停手的 |
[05:06] | Don’t tell me–you have an idea of how to fix that. | 让我猜猜 你有办法扭转局面 |
[05:09] | I do. | 确实有 |
[05:10] | You’ve obviously forgiven Harvey | 在那个案子中发生的事 |
[05:11] | for what happened on that case. | 你显然已经原谅哈维了 |
[05:13] | But the question is, | 但问题是 |
[05:15] | can you forgive everyone? | 你能原谅所有人吗 |
[05:28] | It’s just us now. | 现在只剩咱俩了 |
[05:29] | I knew it had to come sometime, but, | 我知道这一天总会来的 但… |
[05:32] | I just wasn’t ready. | 我真的没做好准备 |
[05:34] | I know. We were making plans. | 我知道 我们之前还在做计划 |
[05:37] | Talking about her coming to meet Donna. | 在聊让她见见唐娜 |
[05:40] | She would have loved her, Harvey. | 她会爱死她的 哈维 |
[05:45] | Hey, I didn’t just call you in here to have a beer. | 我叫你进来不止是为了和你喝啤酒的 |
[05:50] | I, found this on Mom’s desk. | 我…在妈妈的书桌上发现了这个 |
[05:53] | I guess she never got around to mailing it before. | 我猜她之前还没来得及把它寄出去 |
[05:59] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[06:01] | I don’t know. I didn’t look. | 不知道 我没看 |
[06:11] | Say, why don’t you stick around for a few days? | 我说 要不你在这儿待几天 |
[06:16] | I appreciate that, Marcus. I think I got to get home. | 谢谢了 马库斯 我还是回去吧 |
[06:20] | I get it. | 我理解 |
[06:26] | I love you, Marcus. | 我爱你 马库斯 |
[06:28] | I’ve never seen Harvey like that. | 我从没见过哈维那个样子 |
[06:31] | It was terrible circumstances, but all the same, | 情况是很糟糕 不过 |
[06:34] | it was touching. | 也很感人 |
[06:35] | Maybe, but for me, | 可能吧 但对于我 |
[06:38] | I don’t ever want to see Superman laid low. | 我永远不想看到英雄落难 |
[06:41] | – Louis. – Mike. | -路易 -迈克 |
[06:42] | – Hey, good to see you. – It’s great to see you. | -很高兴见到你 -见到你很高兴 |
[06:47] | Listen, you mind giving Samantha and I a minute? | 介意让我和萨曼莎说点事吗 |
[06:49] | – No, of course not. – Thanks. | -当然不介意 -谢谢 |
[06:58] | I heard you lost your job. | 我听说你丢了工作 |
[07:01] | Samantha, I never wanted that to happen, | 萨曼莎 我从没想让这种事发生 |
[07:02] | and I’m sorry that it did. | 很遗憾它还是发生了 |
[07:04] | Yeah, well, | 好吧 |
[07:06] | if I had known then what I know now, | 早知道会这样 |
[07:07] | I would have done things differently. | 我当初就不会那样做了 |
[07:11] | Of course, that doesn’t change the fact | 当然 这也没有影响 |
[07:12] | that I’m still on the outside looking in. | 我仍在外面继续关心着律所 |
[07:15] | Well, maybe we should do something about that. | 也许我们应该为此做点事 |
[07:17] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[07:19] | Donna told me how miserable everyone is at work. | 唐娜告诉我 律所里的大家都备受煎熬 |
[07:22] | She also said that there’s no one better | 她还说 没有人比我们 |
[07:24] | to get rid of Faye…than us. | 更有办法摆脱法耶了 |
[07:27] | – What did you have in mind? – I don’t know. | -你有什么主意吗 -我不知道 |
[07:30] | But if you’re willing to bury the hatchet, | 但如果你愿意冰释前嫌 |
[07:32] | I’m pretty sure the two of us can come up with something | 我相信我们俩能想出办法 |
[07:34] | to send that woman packing. | 让那个女人卷铺盖走人 |
[08:13] | Hey, you want to get some breakfast? | 你要吃点早餐吗 |
[08:15] | I’m okay, Donna. | 不用了 唐娜 |
[08:16] | You don’t need to stay here with me. | 你不用在这儿陪着我 |
[08:19] | Besides, Faye probably has some rule | 而且 说不定法耶又有规定 |
[08:21] | about how many days a person can miss. | 一个人只能请多少天假 |
[08:23] | I don’t want you in her crosshairs. | 我不想让你成为她的靶子 |
[08:24] | I don’t care about her rules. It’s not her firm. | 我不在乎她的规定 这不是她的律所 |
[08:27] | Could have fooled me. | 我差点就相信是了 |
[08:28] | I know you don’t mean that. | 我知道你不是真这么想的 |
[08:30] | And with any luck, | 而且运气好的话 |
[08:32] | Faye won’t be at the firm much longer at all. | 法耶在律所也待不久了 |
[08:34] | Somebody call for Robin? | 有人要找罗宾吗 |
[08:36] | ‘Cause I’m pretty sure I saw the Bat-Signal last night. | 因为我很确定昨晚看到蝙蝠信号了 |
[08:40] | Mike, what are you doing here? | 迈克 你在这儿干嘛 |
[08:42] | Performing a public service. | 从事公共服务 |
[08:43] | No one needs to see those pajamas. | 没人想看见那些睡衣 |
[08:45] | You’re getting off easy. | 这算好的了 |
[08:46] | You should see what Louis wears. | 你该去看看路易怎么穿的 |
[08:49] | Come on, what are you really doing here? | 说吧 你究竟来这儿干什么 |
[08:51] | Look, after Grammy died, I was in a bad place | 奶奶去世之后 我状态很差 |
[08:53] | and you really helped me through it. | 而你帮我走过来了 |
[08:54] | I’m just here to return the favor. | 我是来回报你的 |
[08:57] | – What do you mean? – He means what could be better | -什么意思 -他的意思是 还有什么 |
[08:59] | than watching the woman who’s been making our lives miserable | 比看到让我们的生活水深火热的女人 |
[09:02] | finally get what’s coming to her? | 终于遭到报应更爽的呢 |
[09:04] | You put him up to this, didn’t you? | 是你让他来干这个的 对吧 |
[09:06] | Well, at least I didn’t put him up to pretending to be a lawyer. | 至少我没让他假装律师 |
[09:09] | – Oh, God. – Too soon? | -天哪 -玩笑开早了吗 |
[09:10] | Right on time. Why don’t you two sidekicks | 正是时候 不如你们两位助手 |
[09:12] | wait here while I put on my Batsuit and you can fill me in? | 等我换上蝙蝠装 告诉我具体怎么回事吧 |
[09:15] | Sidekicks? | 助手 |
[09:15] | You’re the one who called yourself Robin. | 是你自己把自己称为罗宾的 |
[09:17] | Would you prefer I said | 你是不是更希望我说 |
[09:18] | “Grown man who wears underwear and calls himself a superhero?” | “穿着内裤说自己是超级英雄的成年男性” |
[09:23] | – What? – Nothing, it’s just… | -怎么了 -不怎样 就是… |
[09:25] | good to see you being a douche again, Harvey. | 很高兴看到你又变成混蛋了 哈维 |
[09:27] | Couldn’t have said it better myself. | 说出了我的心声 |
[09:32] | – You too? – Gretchen. | -你也有份吗 -格蕾琴 |
[09:35] | I was just– | 我只是 |
[09:36] | Taking care of whatever work you could for Harvey, | 尽可能为哈维做点事 |
[09:38] | just like you’ve been doing all week. | 就像你一个星期以来所做的那样 |
[09:40] | I didn’t think anyone knew. | 我没想到会有人知道 |
[09:41] | Well, I knew because I’ve been doing the same thing. | 我知道是因为我也和你一样 |
[09:44] | I told Donna I’d keep track of things while they were away | 我答应唐娜 在他们不在时跟进工作 |
[09:47] | so they wouldn’t have to worry. | 这样他们就不用担心了 |
[09:48] | And so you wouldn’t feel guilty about avoiding the whole thing. | 这样你也就不用因为躲掉那事而愧疚了 |
[09:53] | I’m not very good at funerals. | 我不太擅长出席葬礼 |
[09:56] | Besides, what could I possibly say? | 而且 我能说什么呢 |
[09:58] | You’re saying everything you need to right here, Katrina. | 你现在说的就够了 卡特里娜 |
[10:01] | And trust me, when Harvey gets back, he’ll hear it. | 相信我 等哈维回来 他会知道的 |
[10:05] | Thanks, Gretchen. | 谢谢 格蕾琴 |
[10:11] | Surprise, surprise. Even your coffee is uptight. | 真让人意外 就连你的咖啡都这么不安 |
[10:15] | Samantha, security didn’t alert me you were coming. | 萨曼莎 保安怎么没提醒我你要过来 |
[10:17] | That’s because she’s my guest. | 因为她是我的客人 |
[10:19] | Or should I say my client? | 或者应该说是我的客户 |
[10:20] | – And who are you? – Name’s Mike Ross. | -你又是谁 -我叫迈克·罗斯 |
[10:22] | I know you’ve heard of me, so why don’t we | 我知道你听说过我 不如我们 |
[10:24] | skip the introductions and jump right to the suing? | 直接跳过自我介绍 开始谈诉讼的事吧 |
[10:26] | – Excuse me? – I’m suing you for wrongful termination. | -什么意思 -我要告你不当解雇 |
[10:30] | I see what’s going on. | 我知道怎么回事了 |
[10:31] | This isn’t a lawsuit. It’s a ploy to get me out. | 这不是什么诉讼 是要赶我走的诡计 |
[10:34] | You’re damn right it’s gonna get you out, | 你当然要走了 |
[10:35] | because you abused your power when you took my job. | 因为你解雇我是在滥用权力 |
[10:38] | I had every right to take your job. | 我解雇你完全合情合理 |
[10:40] | We both know what you did. | 我们都知道你干了什么 |
[10:42] | You have no proof she did anything. | 无论她干了什么 你都没有证据 |
[10:44] | Well, I don’t believe for one second she’s innocent, and neither do you. | 我从不相信她是无辜的 你也一样 |
[10:47] | So you two can try and make me look bad all you want– | 所以你们可以试试让我难堪… |
[10:49] | Don’t you dare play the victim, Faye. | 你少装无辜 法耶 |
[10:52] | You came in here and took Robert’s reputation, | 你来到律所 毁了罗伯特的名誉 |
[10:55] | Louis’ dignity, and my everything. | 践踏路易的尊严 夺走了我的一切 |
[10:57] | You have been judge, jury, and executioner | 你来到这里 |
[11:00] | from the moment you got here. | 充当了法官 陪审团 还有处决者 |
[11:02] | Well, now I’m gonna make sure one of us | 现在我保证我俩有一个人 |
[11:03] | finally gets our day in court. | 最终能为自己申辩 |
[11:16] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[11:18] | – You’re back. – I am, Louis. | -你回来了 -对 路易 |
[11:20] | There’s about to be some fireworks, | 战火即将打响 |
[11:21] | and I don’ want to miss them. | 我可不想错过 |
[11:23] | What do you mean, fireworks? | 战火指的是什么 |
[11:24] | Mike and Samantha made peace. | 迈克和萨曼莎言归于好 |
[11:26] | Then they followed it up with something even better. | 接着他们还合作了一件更棒的事情 |
[11:28] | They’re filing a wrongful termination suit against Faye. | 他们要告法耶非法解雇 |
[11:31] | – Holy shit. – That’s right. | -我的天 -没错 |
[11:32] | – They win, she’s gone. – Harvey, this is great. | -他们胜诉她就走 -哈维 太棒了 |
[11:34] | When are they gonna slap her with it? | 他们什么时候去把起诉书摔她桌子上 |
[11:36] | – My guess is, they just did. – Louis, Harvey. | -我猜就在刚才 -路易 哈维 |
[11:39] | I was sorry to hear about your mother. | 听说了你母亲的事我很遗憾 |
[11:41] | – Please accept my– – Keep your condolences, Faye. | -请接受我的 -收起你的慰问吧 法耶 |
[11:43] | You don’t give a shit about me or my mom. | 你才不关心我或是我妈 |
[11:44] | So why don’t you get to why you’re really here? | 不如直接说说你来干嘛吧 |
[11:47] | All right, Samantha is suing me for wrongful termination, | 好吧 萨曼莎要告我非法解雇 |
[11:51] | and Mike Ross is defending her. | 迈克·罗斯为她辩护 |
[11:53] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[11:55] | Louis, didn’t she fire Samantha without any evidence? | 路易 她不是毫无证据就开除了萨曼莎吗 |
[12:00] | Well, now that you mention it, | 既然你提到这个 |
[12:01] | that does seem to meet the criteria | 这个行为确实符合 |
[12:02] | for wrongful termination, yeah. | 非法解雇的判定标准 没错 |
[12:03] | It sure does. | 千真万确 |
[12:05] | Sounds like you’re screwed, Faye, | 听起来你完蛋了 法耶 |
[12:06] | because you got no defense. | 因为你没有辩护人 |
[12:08] | Yes, I do, because you two are going to represent me. | 我有 因为你们俩要做我的辩护律师 |
[12:12] | Well, that’s not gonna happen. | 不可能 |
[12:13] | And if you think you can order us to– | 你要是觉得你能命令我们… |
[12:15] | I’m not ordering. I’m dealing. | 我不是命令 我在做交易 |
[12:16] | I don’t make deals with the devil. | 我不和恶魔做交易 |
[12:18] | I’m well aware how you feel about me. | 我很清楚你们怎么看我 |
[12:20] | But if you can feel that way, defend me, and win, | 但是如果你们能转变态度 为我辩护且胜诉 |
[12:23] | I’ll know my job here is done. | 我就知道我来到这里的使命完成了 |
[12:25] | Bullshit, your back’s against the wall. | 鬼扯 你现在走投无路 |
[12:26] | You’d promise anything to get us to agree. | 为了让我们答应 你什么话都说得出 |
[12:27] | And whatever else you might think, | 不管你们怎么想 |
[12:29] | you know I keep my word. | 你们清楚我会信守承诺 |
[12:32] | This is your chance. Win, and I’ll go. | 这是你们的机会 帮我胜诉 我就离开 |
[12:34] | But let me be clear: no colluding, | 但我得说清楚 不准串通 |
[12:37] | no telling the other side about this, | 不能告诉对方这个交易 |
[12:38] | and if you cheat, | 如果你们作弊 |
[12:40] | I’ll go to the Bar and tell them this firm | 我就到律师协会 告诉他们 |
[12:42] | should be dismantled permanently. | 这间律所应当永久解散 |
[12:44] | – No deal. – Your decision. | -没得谈 -你们自己决定 |
[12:46] | But if I go to someone else, their strategy | 但如果我找了别人 |
[12:48] | is going to be to prove Samantha crossed a line. | 他们的策略会是证明萨曼莎越界了 |
[12:52] | You handle this, as long as it’s on the up-and-up, | 你们接下案子 只要做事光明正大 |
[12:54] | you can use whatever strategy you want. | 你们就可以使用任何策略 |
[12:56] | What are we supposed to tell them? | 那我们怎么跟他们说 |
[12:57] | They’d never believe that we’d represent you. | 他们绝不会相信我们会为你辩护 |
[12:59] | I don’t care what you tell them | 我不管你说什么 |
[13:00] | as long as you don’t tell them about this agreement. | 只要别告诉他们这桩交易 |
[13:03] | But you better think of something soon, | 但你们最好快点想出来 |
[13:05] | because I filed a motion to dismiss. | 因为我提交了一份撤案动议 |
[13:06] | and I will have someone in chambers this afternoon. | 今天下午我会带律师去法官办公室 |
[13:11] | I am not representing that woman. | 我不会为那个女人辩护 |
[13:13] | You think I want to? They filed that suit. | 你以为我想吗 他们已经提起诉讼 |
[13:15] | We’re in this, and we have no other choice. | 现在局势已定 我们别无选择 |
[13:17] | I’ll tell you the choice. | 我告诉你怎么选择 |
[13:18] | We tell Mike and Samantha to drop this, | 我们告诉迈克和萨曼莎撤诉 |
[13:20] | claim victory to Faye, and send her fucking packing. | 宣布法耶胜诉 然后让她收行李走人 |
[13:22] | Harvey, you heard her. | 哈维 你听到她说的了 |
[13:24] | We say anything, | 我们说出一切 |
[13:25] | and Faye finds out. You can forget about Samantha | 法耶会发现 你就别想萨曼莎重回岗位 |
[13:27] | getting her job back or getting rid of Faye | 也别想摆脱法耶 |
[13:29] | because this firm is done. | 因为这间律所完蛋了 |
[13:30] | All right, we don’t tell them. | 好吧 我们不告诉他们 |
[13:32] | But if you think I’m gonna keep this from Donna, | 但你要是认为我会对唐娜保密 |
[13:34] | you’re out of your mind. | 那你就有点不太清醒 |
[13:35] | – Keep what from me? – Donna, brace yourself. | -对我保密什么 -唐娜 做好思想准备 |
[13:38] | We have some things to tell you, | 我们有事要告诉你 |
[13:39] | most important of which is… | 其中重点是… |
[13:42] | we’re representing Faye. | 我们要为法耶辩护 |
[13:50] | Let me get this straight. | 让我来理理思路 |
[13:51] | You’re telling me Samantha filed suit to get Faye out, | 你告诉我萨曼莎起诉法耶 逼她退出 |
[13:54] | Faye went to Harvey and Louis to defend her, | 法耶去找哈维和路易为她辩护 |
[13:55] | and if they don’t win, | 如果他们败诉 |
[13:57] | we’ll be stuck with her till hell freezes over? | 我们就永远也别想摆脱她 |
[13:58] | That is what I’m telling you. | 没错 |
[14:00] | But you can’t tell another soul. | 但你不能告诉别人 |
[14:01] | Because if Mike and Samantha | 因为如果迈克和萨曼莎 |
[14:02] | tank the case, we’re all finished. | 故意败诉 我们就都完了 |
[14:04] | So she says. | 她是这么说的 |
[14:05] | What do you mean, so she says? | “她是这么说的”是什么意思 |
[14:06] | That’s why I’m here. I need you to find out | 我就是为这个来的 我想让你查查 |
[14:08] | if Faye can really take us down. | 法耶是不是真的能搞垮我们 |
[14:09] | What are you talking about? Of course she can. | 你在说些什么 她当然能办到 |
[14:10] | – How do you know that? – Because she said she can. | -你怎么知道的 -因为她说她可以 |
[14:12] | Well, that doesn’t mean that– | 这并不意味着… |
[14:13] | Donna, the woman is a lot of things, | 唐娜 那个女人有很多面 |
[14:14] | but a liar isn’t one of them. | 但她不会说谎 |
[14:15] | Damn it, Alex, do you think that I don’t know that? | 该死的 亚历克斯 你以为我不知道吗 |
[14:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:23] | What’s really going on? | 到底怎么回事 |
[14:25] | Harvey says he can do this, Alex, but… | 哈维说他可以这么做 亚历克斯 但是 |
[14:30] | I’m afraid that right now– | 我怕的是现在… |
[14:31] | He’s not in the right frame of mind for something like this. | 他现在状态不对 不该应付这样的事 |
[14:33] | And I don’t think he has any idea. | 他自己还没察觉到 |
[14:37] | All right, I’ll look into it, but… | 那好吧 我会研究一下 但… |
[14:40] | I don’t think you’re gonna like what I find out. | 我觉得你对我研究出的结论不会高兴的 |
[14:44] | Your Honor, if Faye Richardson | 法官大人 如果法耶·理查德森 |
[14:46] | can’t even bother to show up to defend a motion she filed, | 自己提交的动议 她都不肯屈尊来做抗辩 |
[14:49] | then I move to dismiss– | 那我提议驳回… |
[14:50] | Faye Richardson won’t be defending anything. | 法耶·理查德森不会做任何抗辩 |
[14:52] | We will. | 我们俩来做 |
[14:54] | – Is this some kind of joke? – No, it’s not. | -这是个玩笑吗 -不是 |
[14:56] | But your lawsuit is. | 你们的案子才是 |
[14:57] | Harvey Specter and Louis Litt | 哈维·斯佩克特和路易·利特 |
[14:59] | for the defense, Your Honor. | 代表被告 法官大人 |
[15:00] | Your Honor, my client and I need to have a moment– | 法官大人 我和我的客户需要单独… |
[15:01] | No, I don’t need a moment to do anything. | 不 我不需要什么单独的时间 |
[15:03] | – Samantha– – No, I don’t know | -萨曼莎… -我搞不清 |
[15:04] | what’s going on here, but if Faye thought | 这是什么情况 但如果法耶觉得 |
[15:06] | I would fold just because she sent you two, | 就因为她派了你们俩来我就要认输了 |
[15:07] | she’s got another thing coming. | 那她就等着吧 |
[15:09] | And what you have coming is a dismissal, | 你要等着的是诉讼被驳回 |
[15:10] | because our client had every right to fire you. | 因为我们的客户有充分理由解雇你 |
[15:12] | Bullshit, she accused me | 胡说 她在没证据的情况下 |
[15:13] | of crossing the line with zero evidence. | 指责我违背底线 |
[15:15] | She didn’t need evidence because our bylaws say | 她无需证据 因为我们的章程规定 |
[15:17] | the managing partner can terminate anyone | 经营合伙人可以出于任何考虑 |
[15:20] | for any reason, without cause. | 解雇任何人 无需正当理由 |
[15:21] | – You have proof of this? – Right here. | -你有证据证明这个吗 -就在这 |
[15:26] | Then I have no choice but to dismiss the case. | 那我只能驳回诉讼 |
[15:28] | Except for one thing, Your Honor. | 可还有一件事 法官大人 |
[15:29] | The bylaw you just entered was from page 72, paragraph 3. | 您刚刚采信的章程是源自第72页第3段 |
[15:32] | But nine paragraphs down | 可往下9个段落 |
[15:34] | in a section he conveniently didn’t bring, | 他刚好没带来的部分 |
[15:36] | it clearly states that any managing partner | 非常清楚地写着未经投票选举的经营合伙人 |
[15:38] | not ratified by a vote is to be deemed acting | 会被视为临时性的 |
[15:40] | and does not have certain rights, | 并且不享有某些权利 |
[15:41] | including specifically termination without cause. | 特别包括没有正当理由解雇员工的权利 |
[15:44] | – Is this true? – Technically yes, but– | -是这样的吗 -技术上是的 但… |
[15:46] | Well, then technically I don’t see any reason | 那从技术上来讲 我看不出什么理由 |
[15:47] | why this can’t move forward. | 不让这个案子继续打下去 |
[15:49] | – Your Honor, there is– – Save it. | -法官大人 有… -省省吧 |
[15:50] | You tried to put one by me. | 你们想蒙混过去 |
[15:51] | I’m moving this up in my docket to the first available slot. | 那我就把这个案子往前提到最近的空档里 |
[16:02] | You’re representing her? What the hell is that? | 你们代理她 到底是什么情况 |
[16:06] | Samantha, if they’re defending her, | 萨曼莎 如果他们为她辩护 |
[16:07] | then no one will suspect them of helping us. | 那就不会有人怀疑他们在帮我们了 |
[16:09] | Harvey, I got to hand it to you. | 哈维 我必须得佩服你一下 |
[16:11] | Don’t, because this wasn’t a move. | 不用 因为这不是个计策 |
[16:13] | Wait a second. You’re actually representing her? | 等等 你们真的要代理她 |
[16:15] | Bullshit. That’s not what we talked about. | 扯淡 我们可不是那么说的 |
[16:17] | Well, things changed when Faye said | 当法耶说她会证明萨曼莎伪造了证据时 |
[16:19] | she was gonna prove Samantha fabricated that evidence, | 情况就发生改变了 |
[16:21] | and we all know what happens after that. | 我们都知道接下来会怎么样 |
[16:23] | So unless you want to drop this thing– | 除非你想要撤回这个… |
[16:25] | I’m not dropping anything, | 我不会撤回 |
[16:26] | and I don’t give a shit what Faye tries. | 我才不管法耶想玩什么把戏 |
[16:27] | – She’s not finding proof. – Samantha. | -她找不到证据 -萨曼莎 |
[16:30] | Instead of taking that chance, maybe you should consider this. | 与其去冒那个险 也许你应该考虑一下这个 |
[16:36] | A settlement offer? Are you kidding me? | 和解协议 你们是在逗我吗 |
[16:40] | We started this to get Faye out. | 我们挑起这事就是为了把法耶赶走 |
[16:43] | This lets her stay and leaves me with nothing. | 而这玩意会让她留下 而我什么都没得到 |
[16:46] | It leaves you with $3 million. | 你会得到三百万美元 |
[16:47] | And we didn’t do this for the money, | 咱们并不是为了钱做这个的 |
[16:49] | so why don’t you tell us what’s really going on here? | 所以你们干嘛不告诉我们到底是怎么回事 |
[16:52] | We already told you what’s going on. | 我们已经告诉你们了 |
[16:54] | And now we’re telling you that if this goes to trial, | 现在我们告诉你们俩 如果这案子上了法庭 |
[16:56] | we’re not tanking this case. | 那我们就不会撤销这案子了 |
[16:57] | We’re going to war. | 我们就要兵戎相见了 |
[16:59] | So take that offer and end this. | 所以还是接受和解 了结此事吧 |
[17:02] | I’ll tell you what you can do with that offer. | 我告诉你 你应该怎么处理那个和解吧 |
[17:03] | You can shove it up your– | 你可以把它塞到你的… |
[17:04] | We’ll think about it. | 我们会考虑的 |
[17:11] | Donna, do you know where Gretchen is? | 唐娜 你知道格蕾琴在哪吗 |
[17:13] | Because I need– | 因为我需要… |
[17:13] | I don’t care what you need, Faye. | 我才不管你想要什么 法耶 |
[17:16] | And I’m pretty sure Gretchen won’t care, | 而且我敢肯定格蕾琴也不在乎 |
[17:17] | and neither will Alex or Katrina | 还有亚历克斯或是卡特里娜 |
[17:18] | or anybody else around here. | 这里的任何人都不在乎你想要什么 |
[17:20] | I see. Word travels fast. | 我明白了 消息传的真快 |
[17:23] | Alex and I are the only ones who know about your deal, | 只有亚历克斯和我知道你们的交易 |
[17:25] | if that’s what you mean. | 如果你指的是这个的话 |
[17:26] | And it’s gonna stay that way. | 而且我们不会扩散出去 |
[17:27] | But my comment stands. | 但我不会收回我刚刚说的话 |
[17:29] | – Donna– – His mother just died. | -唐娜… -他的母亲刚刚去世 |
[17:30] | You knew that, and you put him in this position anyway. | 你很清楚 可仍然把他逼到那样的处境 |
[17:33] | Save your blame, Donna. | 你那些批评就省省吧 唐娜 |
[17:35] | And you want to talk about putting people in positions? | 你想谈谈把人放到什么处境吗 |
[17:37] | You all just spent two days together, | 你们就在一起待了两天 |
[17:39] | and the day you get back, this lawsuit comes down on me. | 而你们一回来 这官司就来了 |
[17:42] | You’re going to say that none of you knew anything about it? | 你想说你们谁都不知情吗 |
[17:45] | I’ll tell you what I know. | 我来告诉你我所知道的 |
[17:47] | Not a week ago, you called Harvey a cancer. | 不到一周之前 你把哈维称为毒瘤 |
[17:49] | But what you meant was, he’s a cancer until you need him. | 可你真正的意思是 你不需要他时 他才是毒瘤 |
[17:52] | And what do you want me to say to that, Donna? | 那你想让我怎么说 唐娜 |
[17:54] | I don’t want you to say anything, Faye. | 我什么都不想听你说 法耶 |
[17:55] | I just want you gone. | 我只想让你滚蛋 |
[17:59] | You’re the real cancer around here. | 你才是这里真正的毒瘤 |
[18:02] | And if you hurt Harvey | 如果你想要进一步 |
[18:03] | more than he’s already been hurt, mark my words. | 伤害哈维的话 记住我说的话 |
[18:08] | I’ll be the one coming for you next. | 下一个找你麻烦的就会是我 |
[18:17] | Okay, obviously I’ll be the first witness they call. | 很明显我会是他们传唤的第一个证人 |
[18:21] | So I say we tell them I grew up in the foster system. | 所以我提议 我们说我在领养系统里长大 |
[18:24] | I overcame obstacles to make something of myself, | 我克服了种种障碍终于有所建树 |
[18:26] | including serving my country. | 包括为国效力 |
[18:27] | We play the violin until the jury falls in love with you. | 我们说些好听的 博取陪审团的同情 |
[18:30] | I did hear it was your specialty. | 我理解那是你的强项 |
[18:33] | Well, so is knowing when to make a deal. | 知道何时应该接受和解也是我的强项 |
[18:36] | You better not be saying you were serious | 你当时说回来考虑考虑 |
[18:37] | about considering their offer. | 最好是在开玩笑 |
[18:38] | Harvey and Louis can’t stand Faye. | 哈维和路易根本忍受不了法耶 |
[18:40] | Now all of a sudden, they want us to make a deal? | 可突然之间 他们想让我们接受和解 |
[18:42] | I mean, there’s got to be a reason. | 一定是有什么原因的 |
[18:43] | And if we take the deal, we might as well | 如果我们接受协议 我们还不如 |
[18:45] | have never done this in the first place. | 一开始就别挑起这事 |
[18:46] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[18:47] | Then why are you suggesting it? | 那你为什么还建议 |
[18:47] | I’m not saying we take it. I’m saying… | 我不是说接受 而是 |
[18:51] | we should counter. | 我们该提出反要约 |
[18:53] | And hope it flushes the rabbit out of the hole. | 希望能够问出消息 |
[18:55] | We may not get the truth, | 我们也许不会知道真相 |
[18:57] | but at least we’ll learn something. | 但至少能得到点信息 |
[18:59] | – What? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没什么 |
[19:00] | Just…first you quote the bylaws | 首先你引用律所章程 |
[19:02] | like you’re reading a newspaper, now this. | 就像读报一样轻松 现在又这个 |
[19:05] | Maybe you really are as good as they say. | 也许你真的像传说那么厉害 |
[19:07] | Maybe I am. | 也许是呢 |
[19:09] | But the two guys we’re going up against are no fools either. | 但我们要面对的两人也不是吃干饭的 |
[19:13] | So what do you say we come up with that counter? | 所以你觉得提出反要约如何 |
[19:20] | You think it’s too early for a drink? | 你觉得现在喝酒还太早吗 |
[19:23] | The way this day is going, | 看今天过的 |
[19:24] | I’d say we’re already four hours late. | 我觉得已经晚了四小时 |
[19:26] | You think Mike can convince her? | 你觉得迈克能说服她吗 |
[19:29] | Honestly, I don’t even know if we convinced him. | 说实话 我都不知道我们有没有说服他 |
[19:31] | – What the hell is this? – What the hell is what? | -这是什么 -什么是什么 |
[19:33] | I just got a counteroffer to a settlement I never authorized. | 我收到了一份我未授权的和解方案的反要约 |
[19:37] | You authorized it the second you told us to make this go away. | 你让我们摆平这事的那瞬间你就授权了 |
[19:40] | I didn’t say make it go away. I said win. | 我没说摆平 我说要赢 |
[19:42] | And a settlement makes me look weak. | 和解让我显得懦弱 |
[19:44] | They could bring it up at trial to insinuate guilt. | 他们可以在庭上提起这事以显我有罪 |
[19:46] | Bullshit, settlement offers are inadmissible and you know it. | 胡说 和解不被法庭采纳为证据 你知道的 |
[19:48] | And knowing how you all operate, | 就算知道你们的办事手法 |
[19:50] | they’ll just say it anyway | 他们还是会这么说 |
[19:51] | and have it stripped from the record. | 而且从记录上撤下 |
[19:53] | So stop trying to get out of it | 所以别想着怎么逃避 |
[19:55] | – and start trying to win. – All right, you want to win? | -开始想想怎么赢吧 -行 你想赢是吧 |
[19:57] | We’re gonna put you on the stand tomorrow morning | 明早我们在这 让你在全律所人面前 |
[19:59] | right here in front of the entire firm. | 出庭作证 |
[20:00] | I don’t need that. | 我不需要 |
[20:01] | And in case you haven’t noticed, | 以防你还没注意到 |
[20:03] | Samantha’s not the one on trial here. | 萨曼莎不是要上庭的人 |
[20:04] | You are. | 你才是 |
[20:05] | Which means it’s my say, and if I tell you | 也就是说我说了算 如果我告诉你 |
[20:07] | I don’t need it, that’s how it’s going to be. | 我不需要 那我就是不需要 |
[20:10] | Here’s the thing, Faye. | 问题是 法耶 |
[20:12] | You don’t want someone else to beat Samantha. | 你不想让别人打败萨曼莎 |
[20:14] | You want me to beat her. I know it, and you know it. | 你想让我打败她 这事你清楚 我也清楚 |
[20:17] | But I’m not going to court without preparing you. | 但我不给你准备 不会上庭 |
[20:19] | So you can take it or you can fucking leave it, | 所以你要不接受 要不拉倒 |
[20:22] | but that’s how it’s gonna be. | 讨论结束 |
[20:24] | Then I’ll see you tomorrow morning. | 那我们明早见 |
[20:31] | How do you always know when they’ll back down? | 你怎么知道这些人会妥协 |
[20:33] | It’s called playing the man, and it’s what I do. | 这叫玩人心 是我的强项 |
[20:37] | Now, put the drink down. We got work to do | 把酒放下 如果我们要 |
[20:39] | if we’re gonna make the most out of tomorrow. | 充分利用明天 现在得干活了 |
[20:48] | Waiting for me. That can’t mean anything good. | 你在等我 这可不是好事 |
[20:52] | Depends on how you define good. | 看你怎么定义好事了 |
[20:54] | – What’d you find out? – Not only can Faye do | -你找到了什么 -法耶不仅能 |
[20:55] | everything she said, including dismantle us. | 说到做到 解散我们 |
[20:58] | She’s done it before. | 她之前也这么干过 |
[20:59] | Well, I don’t know how you define good, | 我不知道你怎么定义好事 |
[21:00] | but that sounds pretty shitty to me. | 但那听起来可不怎么样 |
[21:01] | You haven’t heard the silver lining. | 你还没听到好的部分 |
[21:03] | That’s not the only thing she’s done before. | 这不是她之前唯一干过的事 |
[21:08] | Alex, if you hadn’t caught this– | 亚历克斯 如果你没找到这个 |
[21:09] | I know. | 我知道 |
[21:10] | You think Samantha and Mike will find it? | 你觉得萨曼莎和迈克会找到吗 |
[21:11] | I doubt it. The only reason I did | 不清楚 但我找到是因为 |
[21:13] | is that I went to the Bar looking for something else. | 我去律师协会找别的材料 |
[21:15] | Well, if there’s even a chance they’ll find it, | 如果他们有发现这事的可能性 |
[21:17] | Harvey needs to know right away. | 哈维得马上知道 |
[21:22] | Katrina. | 卡特里娜 |
[21:25] | Mike. | 迈克 |
[21:26] | I’m guessing this isn’t a chance encounter. | 我猜咱俩不是偶遇吧 |
[21:29] | Look, something is going on with Harvey and Louis. | 听着 哈维和路易遇到麻烦了 |
[21:31] | There is no way they would be defending that woman | 除非他们迫不得已 否则他们 |
[21:33] | unless they thought they had to, | 不会给那女人辩护 |
[21:35] | and neither of them will answer my calls. | 现在他俩都不接我电话 |
[21:36] | I thought the same thing, but I asked Donna and Alex | 我也这么想 但我问了唐娜和亚历克斯 |
[21:39] | and they insisted nothing’s going on. | 他们都坚称没发生什么 |
[21:41] | The only thing I can think of is that Harvey just lost his mom | 我能想到的唯一可能性就是哈维刚失去母亲 |
[21:44] | and he doesn’t have the stomach to tell Faye to go fuck herself. | 他不太想跟法耶闹 |
[21:47] | But if she’s gonna take advantage of him, | 但如果她在利用他 |
[21:48] | then we can take advantage of her. | 那我们也可以利用她 |
[21:50] | Mike, if you’re asking for my help on this case, | 迈克 如果你想让我帮你 |
[21:52] | it doesn’t matter how I feel about Faye. | 无论我对法耶什么看法 |
[21:53] | I can’t collude against my own firm. | 我都是在谋害自己的律所 |
[21:55] | Katrina, Samantha lost her job. | 卡特里娜 萨曼莎失去了工作 |
[21:57] | Louis has been stripped of his title. | 路易的头衔没了 |
[21:58] | Everybody’s miserable. | 大家都很惨 |
[21:59] | This is your chance to get rid of her once and for all. | 这是你的机会 把她永远踢出去 |
[22:02] | Believe me, I’d like nothing better. | 相信我 我也希望如此 |
[22:03] | And I’ll help if I can. | 我会尽力帮忙 |
[22:05] | But I won’t cross any lines to do it. | 但我不会越界 |
[22:07] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, we’re having a mock trial | 现在我得失陪了 今早有个我不希望迟到的 |
[22:09] | this morning and I don’t want to be late. | 模拟庭审要参加 |
[22:14] | Ms. Richardson, as special master, | 理查德森女士 作为特别主事 |
[22:17] | do you feel there are any limitations to your power? | 你是否觉得自己的权力有限 |
[22:21] | I can’t murder anyone, | 我不能杀人 |
[22:22] | if that’s what you’re suggesting. | 如果你指的是这个的话 |
[22:24] | But outside of that, | 但除此之外 |
[22:26] | I’m empowered to do what I deem necessary. | 我有权做我认为必要的事 |
[22:29] | And eight years ago, did you deem it necessary | 那八年前 你是否认为解散 |
[22:32] | to dismantle the firm Samson Kinney? | 萨默森·凯尼律所是有必要的 |
[22:34] | – I did. – But before you | -是的 -但在你 |
[22:36] | ripped that firm apart, you fired one of its attorneys. | 把律所大卸八块之前 你解雇了一名律师 |
[22:39] | – Is that true? – What? | -是这样吗 -什么 |
[22:41] | I said this isn’t the first time | 我说这不是你第一次 |
[22:42] | that you’ve been sued for wrongful termination. | 面临不当解约的指控了 |
[22:45] | Your Honor…I’d like to submit a settlement | 法官大人… 我想提交一份和解协议 |
[22:49] | Ms. Richardson signed into edee. | 理查德森女士签过的 |
[22:51] | Where did you get that? | 你从哪儿弄来的 |
[22:52] | That settlement was sealed. You can’t enter it. | 那份和解协议被封存了 你不能提交 |
[22:54] | I’ll allow it. | 我允许了 |
[22:55] | What the hell is going on here? | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[22:56] | Why’d you fire that lawyer, Faye? | 你为什么解雇那个律师 法耶 |
[22:58] | – It’s not relevant. – I think it is. | -与此事无关 -我想有关系 |
[23:00] | Because I think it’s the same reason you fired Samantha Wheeler. | 因为我认为这和你解雇萨曼莎·惠勒的理由一样 |
[23:03] | – You hated her. – You going to just sit there? | -你讨厌她 -你准备就这么坐着吗 |
[23:05] | You bet your ass he is, | 他是不会动的 |
[23:06] | because you took his dignity every chance you got, | 因为你抓住了每次机会来夺走他的尊严 |
[23:10] | first by stripping his title, then by taking Gretchen, | 先是剥夺他的头衔 然后抢走了格蕾琴 |
[23:13] | not to mention you made Donna a secretary. | 更别提你竟然拿唐娜当秘书使 |
[23:16] | Because from the second you got here, | 因为从你到这里的那一刻起 |
[23:18] | you hated what everyone here stood for. | 你讨厌这里每个人的想法 |
[23:20] | – That’s not true. – Bullshit, it’s not true. | -那不是真的 -怎么不是 |
[23:22] | You called us a pack of wild dogs | 你说我们是一群野狗 |
[23:25] | because you are a bitter, vindictive human being, | 因为你是一个充满仇恨的怨妇 |
[23:28] | and every single person in this firm hates you. | 律所里的每个人都讨厌你 |
[23:32] | And you try and deny that, I’ll charge you with perjury. | 如果你不承认 我就以伪证罪起诉你 |
[23:36] | Are you going to defend your client? | 你要为你的客户辩护吗 |
[23:40] | It’s time we called a recess. | 我们该休庭了 |
[23:42] | And as far as I’m concerned, we have all day. | 我们有一整天的时间 |
[23:44] | Then I’m not sitting here another second | 我不会再坐在这里了 |
[23:46] | and this travesty is over. | 这场闹剧该结束了 |
[23:59] | God damn it, what the hell was that? | 该死的 刚刚是什么情况 |
[24:01] | Exactly what we talked about: | 正如我们所说的 |
[24:02] | me preparing you for whatever they threw at you. | 我在为你做准备来应对他们 |
[24:05] | Bullshit, that was nothing more than a hit job | 胡说八道 你们在律所的所有人面前 |
[24:07] | in front of the entire firm. | 给我来了一个下马威 |
[24:08] | Just like you’ve been taking shots since you got here. | 正如你来这里之后的所作所为 |
[24:11] | And I’ve been your number one target. | 我是你的头号目标 |
[24:12] | Or did you forget that not a week ago, | 或者你忘了就在不到一个星期前 |
[24:14] | you tried to help Malik get me disbarred? | 你还想帮马利克吊销我的律师执照 |
[24:17] | And our agreement didn’t say a thing about | 我们的协议一点都没有提到 |
[24:19] | letting the firm know exactly what kind of person you are. | 让律所知道你是什么样的人 |
[24:21] | And all you are is a sheep | 你就是一只绵羊 |
[24:24] | going wherever your master leads you. | 去你主人带你去的任何地方 |
[24:26] | You don’t even have the sense to– | 你甚至没有意识到 |
[24:27] | Don’t you say another word about my partner. | 别再说我的搭档的坏话了 |
[24:30] | When you stripped him of his title, | 当你剥夺了他的头衔 |
[24:32] | you almost cost this firm | 你几乎让这家律所失去了 |
[24:34] | the best lawyer it’s ever had. | 有史以来最好的律师 |
[24:36] | You want to know why I did that in there? | 你想知道我为什么要那样做吗 |
[24:38] | ‘Cause you come after someone I love, | 因为你找我爱的人的麻烦 |
[24:39] | you’re gonna get it back like you’ve never seen before. | 你会加倍尝到苦果 |
[24:42] | Well, you better bring some of that A game to court tomorrow. | 好吧 你明天最好以你的最佳状态去法庭 |
[24:45] | A spot just opened up on the docket. | 因为你已经暴露了弱点 |
[24:48] | So playtime’s over. | 我不陪你玩了 |
[24:50] | The real thing’s about to begin. | 真正的较量就要开始了 |
[24:57] | Okay, let’s go over your testimony one more time. | 我们再过一遍你的证词 |
[24:59] | Mike, if we go over it one more time, | 迈克 如果我们再过一遍 |
[25:00] | – I’m gonna scream. – Well, too bad, | -我就要尖叫了 -那没办法 |
[25:02] | because they’re gonna come after you | 因为他们会使出浑身解数 |
[25:03] | – with everything they’ve got. – I know that. | -来对付你 -我知道 |
[25:05] | Then let’s go over the questions. | 那我们来再过一遍问题 |
[25:06] | I’ve heard the questions. | 我知道这些问题了 |
[25:07] | Then we’re gonna come up with new questions, | 那我们就想出新的问题 |
[25:08] | because in case you forgot, | 因为我提醒你 |
[25:10] | you actually did what they’re accusing you of. | 你真的做了他们指控你的事 |
[25:12] | – And they’ll never prove it. – God damn it, Samantha. | -但他们永远也证明不了 -萨曼莎 |
[25:14] | This thing goes sideways, you’re gonna get disbarred! | 如果出现失误 你会被吊销执照的 |
[25:21] | Look. | 听着 |
[25:24] | I have been on trial before, all right? | 我以前也受过审 |
[25:26] | You don’t know what it’s like. | 你不知道那是什么感觉 |
[25:27] | Anything can happen. | 任何事情都可能发生 |
[25:29] | Maybe it can, but I’m not the one on trial here. | 也许是的 但受审的人不是我 |
[25:32] | – She is. – And if you don’t think they’re gonna try to that, | -是她 -如果你不认为他们会想办法翻盘 |
[25:34] | then you’re not the lawyer I thought you were. | 那你并没有我想象中的那么优秀 |
[25:36] | And a week ago, you wouldn’t have cared | 一周前 你根本不会关心 |
[25:37] | one way or the other what happened to me. | 我会怎么样 |
[25:39] | This isn’t a week ago. It’s now. | 这不是一周前了 是现在 |
[25:41] | And I am not going in there unprepared. | 我不会毫无准备地就上战场 |
[25:50] | Mind if I join you? | 我能加入你吗 |
[25:53] | Listen, Harvey, about earlier… | 听着 哈维 关于早些时候… |
[25:55] | I know I lost it, Louis. | 我知道我失控了 路易 |
[25:57] | I’ll keep it in check tomorrow, I promise. | 我保证我明天会规矩点 |
[26:00] | No, that’s not what I was gonna say. | 不 这不是我要说的 |
[26:03] | I was gonna thank you. | 我想谢谢你 |
[26:05] | For what? | 为了什么 |
[26:07] | For what you said about me. | 为了你说的 关于我的那些话 |
[26:08] | I mean, I got chills watching you | 看着你在图书馆炮轰法耶 |
[26:10] | thunder away at Faye in the library. | 让我不寒而栗 |
[26:12] | But in your office… | 但在你的办公室时… |
[26:14] | you have no idea how much it meant | 你不知道那话对我来说意味着什么 |
[26:15] | to hear you say that you love me. | 你说你爱我 |
[26:18] | I don’t think I actually said out loud, “I love you,” Louis. | 我不认为我真的说了”我爱你” 路易 |
[26:22] | Yeah, you did. | 是的 你说了 |
[26:23] | Yeah, pretty much, I did. | 是啊 我好像真的说了 |
[26:27] | Look, I don’t know how tomorrow’s gonna go, | 听着 我不知道明天会怎样 |
[26:30] | but I meant what I said. | 但我说的是真心话 |
[26:31] | You’re the best lawyer I’ve ever seen, | 你是我见过最好的律师 |
[26:33] | and you’re an even better friend. | 你更是最好的朋友 |
[26:36] | Well, now that we’re on the subject of tomorrow, | 既然我们说起了明天这个话题 |
[26:39] | maybe we should talk strategy. | 也许我们应该讨论下策略 |
[26:41] | Well, I know the strategy, Louis. | 我知道策略 路易 |
[26:43] | We have to stick to the fact | 我们必须坚持 |
[26:44] | that Faye had the right to fire her without cause. | 法耶有权无故解雇她这个事实 |
[26:47] | That’s not the problem, Harvey. | 问题不在这 哈维 |
[26:50] | We need the jury to think | 我们需要陪审团觉得 |
[26:51] | if they worked with Samantha, | 如果他们和萨曼莎合作 |
[26:52] | they’d fire her too. | 他们也会解雇她 |
[26:54] | We need to get them to hate her. | 我们要让他们讨厌她 |
[26:57] | So the question is, which one of us is gonna do that to her? | 所以问题来了 我们中哪一个要来当这个恶人 |
[27:00] | – Let it be me. – Why? | -让我来吧 -为什么 |
[27:01] | Because as good as you are, | 因为虽然你也很厉害 |
[27:02] | no one is meaner than me when they’re cornered. | 但被逼到绝路时 没有人比我更卑鄙 |
[27:04] | And? | 还有呢 |
[27:06] | Come on, Harvey, you gonna make me say it? | 拜托 哈维 你真的要我说出来吗 |
[27:08] | Your mother just died. | 你母亲刚去世 |
[27:09] | I don’t want you to go through this too. | 我不想让你再经历这些 |
[27:12] | Thanks, Louis. | 谢谢你 路易 |
[27:17] | “Thunder away at Faye”? | “炮轰法耶” |
[27:19] | Thunder away at Kendrick. | 还是”炮轰肯德里克” |
[27:22] | Did you know you were doing “A Few Good Men”? | 你知道你现在玩《义海雄风》的梗吗 |
[27:25] | I know what you’ve been going through, Harvey. | 我知道你的遭遇 哈维 |
[27:27] | And I know it’s not much. | 我知道我能做的不多 |
[27:28] | I just thought it might make you smile a little. | 我只是觉得 这么做能逗你笑一笑 |
[27:32] | Thanks, my friend. | 谢谢 我的朋友 |
[27:35] | So you want to try a little “Top Gun,” Maverick? | 所以要来段《壮志凌云》了吗 马弗里克 |
[27:37] | Another time, Goose. | 下次吧 古斯 |
[27:39] | Who the fuck is Goose? | 谁是古斯 |
[27:42] | Never mind. | 无所谓啦 |
[27:46] | – Samantha. – I hope you don’t mind. | -萨曼莎 -希望你不会介意我的突然造访 |
[27:48] | – Laura let me in. – I don’t mind at all. | -劳拉让我进来的 -怎会介意 |
[27:51] | But shouldn’t you be getting some sleep? | 不过你不是该好好休息吗 |
[27:52] | Tomorrow’s gonna be a long day. | 明天会是漫长的一天 |
[27:54] | So you heard. | 你都知道了 |
[27:56] | I was Mike’s first call after you filed. | 你的案子一立案迈克就通知我了 |
[27:59] | Must get old, being the guy everyone turns to for help. | 大家有事都来找你帮忙 肯定很劳神吧 |
[28:02] | I’m out of the game, Samantha. | 我是这场游戏的局外人 萨曼莎 |
[28:04] | Doesn’t mean I don’t like playing. | 但那可不代表我不喜欢游戏 |
[28:06] | Speaking of which, | 说起这个 |
[28:07] | I assume you’re here to talk strategy? | 我想你是来讨论案子战略的吧 |
[28:09] | No. Mike and I are solid on that. | 不 迈克和我已经商量好了 |
[28:12] | If you aren’t here to discuss the case, | 如果你来不是为了讨论案子 |
[28:15] | why are you here? | 那是为什么 |
[28:17] | I’m here to ask if you’ll come be in my corner tomorrow. | 我是来问你 明天是否会来支持我 |
[28:24] | Nothing in this world… | 这世上没有任何事… |
[28:27] | would keep me away. | 能阻止我这么做 |
[28:43] | Dear Harvey, | 亲爱的哈维 |
[28:44] | I know we’ve been talking about a visit soon, | 我知道我们一直在讨论近期拜访的事 |
[28:47] | and I was gonna bring this with me as a surprise. | 我会带着这个戒指来 就当给你一个惊喜 |
[28:50] | But I don’t want to miss my chance. | 但我不想错失这次机会 |
[28:53] | So I wanted to make sure you have this, | 所以我想确保你能拥有它 |
[28:56] | just in case. | 以防万一你想求婚 |
[28:58] | I know your grandmother would have loved Donna. | 我知道你的祖母会喜欢唐娜的 |
[29:01] | I can’t tell you how excited I am to finally meet her. | 终于就要见到她了 你不知道我有多高兴 |
[29:05] | Love, Mom. | 爱你的妈妈 |
[29:15] | You’re up early. | 你起得真早 |
[29:16] | A lot on my mind. | 我有很多事要想 |
[29:19] | Harvey, you don’t ever have to tell me | 哈维 你不必告诉我 |
[29:20] | what was in that envelope. | 信封里有什么 |
[29:23] | I’ll understand if you just want to keep it for yourself. | 就算你不想说 我也完全理解 |
[29:27] | I’ll tell you, Donna. | 我会告诉你的 唐娜 |
[29:30] | But not today. | 但今天还不行 |
[29:31] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[29:34] | We should get going. | 我们该出发了 |
[29:36] | Well, the trail starts today, | 今天就要庭审了 |
[29:38] | and there’s something we haven’t done yet. | 我们还有件事没做 |
[29:41] | Not this time. | 这次不行 |
[29:43] | – Are you sure? ‘Cause– No. | -你确定吗 毕竟 -不行 |
[29:45] | I’m going against Mike and Samantha. | 我将要和迈克与萨曼莎对簿公堂 |
[29:47] | I can’t even tell them why. | 我却连原因都不能告诉他们 |
[29:48] | And that’s not something I want to think about | 在这件事上 |
[29:49] | the next time we get the can opener. | 我不想喝酒庆祝 |
[29:52] | Well, then instead of the can opener, | 那除了喝酒庆祝的事 |
[29:55] | why don’t you practice your opening statement on me? | 你为什么不跟我练练你的开场陈词呢 |
[30:03] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的各位女士们先生们 |
[30:05] | every court case in history has come down to one thing: | 史上所有的案件庭审都可以归为一点 |
[30:09] | proof. | 就是证据 |
[30:10] | And the facts of this case are… | 本案的事实是… |
[30:12] | Faye Richardson fired my client without proof, | 法耶·理查德森无凭无据地开除了我的客户 |
[30:15] | and now she is making the outrageous claim | 而现在她离谱地声称 |
[30:17] | that she didn’t have to show cause. | 她并不需要给出原因 |
[30:19] | Even though she didn’t need a reason | 虽然她开除惠勒小姐 |
[30:20] | to fire Ms. Wheeler, she had one. | 不需要理由 但她确有理由 |
[30:23] | Because as anyone who’s ever worked with her knows, | 因为所有与她共事过的人都知道 |
[30:25] | she’s a nightmare. | 她就是个梦魇 |
[30:26] | But not liking someone | 但仅仅不喜欢某人 |
[30:28] | is not reason enough to steal their livelihood. | 并不构成剥夺他人生计的充分理由 |
[30:31] | My client is not only loyal and fierce, | 我的客户不仅忠诚耿直 |
[30:33] | but she is a brilliant attorney. | 而且她也是一名优秀的律师 |
[30:35] | And they can say she’s a saint all they want, | 他们可以说她道德崇高或怎么样 |
[30:38] | but Faye Richardson… | 但法耶·理查德森… |
[30:39] | Deemed my client guilty | 确实在无凭无据的情况下 |
[30:41] | and passed sentence without proof of anything. | 就开除了我的客户 |
[30:44] | And so, ladies and gentlemen… | 所以 女士们先生们… |
[30:46] | It is your job to keep them | 阻止他们逃脱罪责 |
[30:48] | from getting away with it. | 正是你们的职责所在 |
[30:50] | Counselor, are you ready to call your first witness? | 律师 你要现在传唤第一位证人吗 |
[30:54] | We are, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[30:55] | We call Samantha Wheeler to the stand. | 我们请求传唤证人萨曼莎·惠勒出庭 |
[31:02] | Ms. Wheeler, | 惠勒女士 |
[31:02] | when my client joined your firm, | 当我的客户来你律所工作时 |
[31:04] | did she say if you crossed any lines, you’d be fired? | 她有没有说过如果你越界 就会被开除 |
[31:06] | Yes, and then she fired me without any evidence. | 有的 但她无凭无据地开除了我 |
[31:10] | And we’re not here to debate whether you crossed a line or not. | 我们今天不是来辩论你有没有越界的 |
[31:12] | Of course, knowing your reputation, you probably did. | 不过你名声在外 大概也是做过了 |
[31:15] | Objection. He’s trying to bias the jury | 反对 他企图诱导陪审团产生偏见 |
[31:17] | because his client didn’t have cause and they know it. | 因为他明知他的客户没有正当理由 |
[31:19] | Well, let’s talk about cause. | 好吧 我们来说说理由 |
[31:20] | Ms. Wheeler, the day you met, | 惠勒女士 你们见面的那天 |
[31:22] | did you tell my client to go to hell? | 你是否对我的客户说过”你去死吧” |
[31:24] | She had just stripped my mentor’s name off the wall, and I was– | 她当时把我的导师除了名 我就 |
[31:28] | In that very same meeting, | 在同一场会面中 |
[31:29] | did you threaten to find something and use it against her? | 你是否曾威胁说会找到她的把柄 来针对她呢 |
[31:33] | You’re making it sound worse than it was. | 你好像在把事情说的比实际更严重 |
[31:35] | Am i? | 是吗 |
[31:36] | You were defiant, openly hostile | 你在她来律所的第一天当着所有人的面 |
[31:37] | on her very first day in front of the firm’s leadership. | 公开表露敌意 挑战她的权威 |
[31:40] | Is that not true? | 这是不是事实 |
[31:42] | Yes, it is, but– | 没错 但是 |
[31:43] | In fact, haven’t you had numerous dustups | 事实上 你是否此前与律所各个领导 |
[31:45] | with every single member of the firm’s leadership? | 均曾发生过口角 |
[31:47] | Having conflict doesn’t mean– | 有矛盾不代表 |
[31:48] | That you’re willful, argumentative, refuse to follow orders? | 不代表你任性 好争辩 拒绝服从命令吗 |
[31:52] | Yes, it does, and I think it’s a pattern. | 这恰恰证明 这种行为你习以为常 |
[31:54] | – That’s ridiculous. – Is it ridiculous | -真是可笑 -那你去年 |
[31:56] | that last year, you tried to induce me | 试图诱使我实施非法计划 |
[31:58] | into an illegal plan to put away a mugger? | 把一个抢劫犯关起来 这事不可笑吗 |
[32:01] | Your mugger, and I didn’t follow through with it. | 那是害了你的抢劫犯 而且我后来没有继续 |
[32:04] | No, you just threatened to have the man’s daughter | 是啊 你不过是威胁要带走那个男人的女儿 |
[32:06] | taken away right before you slugged him in the face. | 然后还打了他的脸 |
[32:09] | I did all of that for you. | 我做的那些全是为你 |
[32:11] | I didn’t tell you to assault him, | 我并没有让你攻击他 |
[32:12] | and I’m not the one who’s on trial here. | 我也不是在这里受审的那一个 |
[32:14] | Objection. Neither is my client. | 反对 我的客户也不是在受审 |
[32:16] | No, she’s just untrustworthy, insubordinate, | 不 她不值得信任 不听话 |
[32:18] | and anyone who’s ever worked with Samantha Wheeler | 任何和萨曼莎·惠勒共事过的人 |
[32:20] | would want to fire her. | 都想解雇她 |
[32:21] | – Your Honor, he’s testifying. – Mr. Litt. | -法官大人 他在自证 -利特先生 |
[32:23] | No, I’m saying poison like her | 不 我是说像她这样的毒瘤 |
[32:24] | should be ripped from its root, | 应该被连根拔起 |
[32:26] | just like my client did for the good of this firm. | 正如我的客户为律所的利益所做的那样 |
[32:28] | – Your Honor! – Mr. Litt, that’s enough. | -法官大人 -利特先生 够了 |
[32:30] | I agree! | 我同意 |
[32:31] | We’ve all had enough of Samantha Wheeler. | 我们都受够了萨曼莎·惠勒 |
[32:43] | How could you do that to her? | 你怎么能那么对她 |
[32:45] | Katrina, it has been a long day. | 卡特里娜 我今天已经很累了 |
[32:47] | Not half as long as Samantha’s. | 远不及萨曼莎 |
[32:49] | Those things you said, Louis– it was cruel. | 你说的那些话 路易 太残忍了 |
[32:51] | I know what it was, Katrina. But it had to be done. | 我知道 卡特里娜 但我必须要说 |
[32:54] | And that’s not an answer. I thought you were her friend. | 这不是理由 我以为你是她的朋友 |
[32:56] | I am her friend. | 我是她的朋友 |
[32:59] | You think I didn’t see that look on her face? | 你以为我没看到她脸上的表情吗 |
[33:02] | Then why did you do it? | 那你为什么还要那么做 |
[33:03] | Because sometimes doing the job | 因为有时候为了完成工作 |
[33:04] | means doing something we hate. | 我们得做一些不愿做的事 |
[33:06] | And whether you believe it or not, | 不管你信不信 |
[33:07] | I want her to come out of this with a win. | 我希望她能胜诉 |
[33:09] | Then tell me what’s really going on. | 那告诉我到底发生了什么 |
[33:14] | Okay, then. | 那好吧 |
[33:17] | Katrina, what’s going on? | 卡特里娜 发生什么了 |
[33:22] | I was just leaving. | 我正要走 |
[33:27] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[33:27] | She called me out on today, Harvey. | 她在和我说今天的事 哈维 |
[33:30] | And she was not wrong. | 她没有错 |
[33:32] | – Louis – It’s okay. | -路易 -没事的 |
[33:36] | I just wish we could tell them. | 我只是希望我们能告诉他们真相 |
[33:38] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[33:42] | Fucking Louis. | 去他妈的路易 |
[33:44] | After everything I’ve done for him. | 我为他做了那么多 |
[33:45] | – I ought to kill him. – Samantha, calm down. | -我应该杀了他 -萨曼莎 冷静 |
[33:48] | Calm down? That’s what you have | 冷静 你在法庭上 |
[33:49] | to say to me after your performance in there? | 表现成那样 还要我冷静 |
[33:52] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[33:53] | You ever heard the word “objection”? | 你听过”反对”这个词吗 |
[33:54] | Samantha, I objected plenty. | 萨曼莎 我一直都在反对 |
[33:56] | Yeah, a lot of goddamn good it did. | 是啊 真是帮大忙了 |
[33:57] | I told you they were gonna come at you. | 我告诉过你他们会冲着你来的 |
[33:59] | What the hell did you think was gonna happen? | 你以为会发生什么 |
[34:01] | I think none of this would have ever happened | 我以为要不是你回来 |
[34:03] | if you had not come back. | 这些都不会发生 |
[34:04] | You mean this time, or do you mean the first time? | 你是说这次 还是说第一次 |
[34:05] | Because just for the record, nobody forced you | 因为说实话 你这两次的选择 |
[34:07] | to do what you did either time. | 都没有任何人逼你 |
[34:09] | Now, do you want to keep taking this out on me, | 你现在是想继续拿我出气 |
[34:10] | or do you want to talk about tomorrow? | 还是谈谈明天的事 |
[34:14] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[34:17] | It just wasn’t easy to sit there and endure that. | 我只是受不了坐在那里 默默忍受一切 |
[34:20] | It wasn’t. | 确实不容易 |
[34:22] | And I know that I’m not the one you’re really mad at. | 我知道你气的其实不是我 |
[34:24] | But I need you to keep that anger. | 但我需要你保持这份怒火 |
[34:26] | What are you saying? | 什么意思 |
[34:28] | I’m saying tomorrow, it’s our turn. | 我是说 明天该我们反击了 |
[34:33] | – You expecting someone? – No. | -有人要来吗 -没有 |
[34:39] | But if that’s who I think it is, | 但如果我猜得没错 |
[34:41] | we might finally have some answers. | 我们可能终于能知道一些答案了 |
[34:46] | Ms. Richardson, I’ll keep this short. | 理查德森女士 我就长话短说了 |
[34:49] | – Do you like my client? – Not particularly, no. | -你喜欢我的客户吗 -不怎么喜欢 |
[34:52] | Do you think she’s a good lawyer? | 你认为她是个好律师吗 |
[34:53] | I think she wins cases. | 我认为她能打赢官司 |
[34:55] | So you thought the firm would be better off | 所以你认为 如果没有这个 |
[34:57] | without a good lawyer who wins cases | 能打赢官司的好律师 律所会变得更好 |
[34:59] | just because you happen to hate her. | 就因为你碰巧讨厌她 |
[35:01] | I didn’t say I hate her. | 我没说我讨厌她 |
[35:03] | You’re putting words in my mouth. | 你想把罪名强加于我 |
[35:04] | Well, then how about we use some of your own? | 那我们用一些你自己的例子来说明吧 |
[35:10] | Faye, good afternoon. | 法耶 下午好 |
[35:13] | Eight years ago, you fired an attorney, | 八年前 你解雇了一名律师 |
[35:15] | listed a reason in her paperwork, | 你在她的解雇文件中给出了一个理由 |
[35:17] | and then she sued you. | 然后她起诉了你 |
[35:18] | Isn’t that right? | 对吗 |
[35:20] | Don’t look at them. Answer the question. | 别看他们 回答我的问题 |
[35:22] | Were you sued for wrongful termination? | 你是否曾经被控告非法解雇 |
[35:26] | – Yes, I was. – Fantastic. | -是的 -好极了 |
[35:29] | Because I happen to have | 因为我今天正好 |
[35:31] | my termination paperwork here today. | 把我的解雇文件带来了 |
[35:34] | Would you mind telling the court | 你介意告诉法庭 |
[35:35] | what you listed as cause? | 你给出的理由吗 |
[35:37] | I didn’t list a reason. | 我没有给出理由 |
[35:38] | And I bet I know why. | 我猜我知道原因 |
[35:41] | Because you learned you don’t need a reason. | 因为你发现你不需要给出理由 |
[35:43] | But if you give one, | 但如果你给出了理由 |
[35:45] | you better damn well be able to back it up. | 你就得有证据来支持这个理由 |
[35:47] | Objection. Now who’s testifying? | 反对 现在是谁在自证 |
[35:49] | Did you or did you not look me in the eye and say the reason you fired me | 你是否曾经正视着我 告诉过我你解雇我的原因 |
[35:54] | was because you knew I had crossed a line? | 还是这一切只是因为 你知道我肯定越界过 |
[35:58] | – I did. – But you didn’t know. | -我知道 -但你并不知道 |
[36:00] | You had no proof, and when I pointed that out, | 你当时没有证据 而当我指出的时候 |
[36:03] | you said you didn’t care. | 你说你不在乎 |
[36:06] | – Isn’t that true? – You’re not giving the full context. | -我说的不对吗 -你这是断章取义 |
[36:09] | The context is, you wanted me gone | 事情的真相就是 你希望我离开律所 |
[36:10] | because you think I’m an asshole. | 是因为你觉得我是个混蛋 |
[36:12] | – I never said that. – No, your lawyers did. | -我没说过 -你没说 但你的律师说了 |
[36:14] | But one of those lawyers just took a road trip | 但是这两位律师中的一位 |
[36:17] | with my client to find her father. | 刚刚才陪我的客户去找了她的父亲 |
[36:18] | The other invited her to his wedding. | 还有一位请她去参加他的婚礼 |
[36:20] | None of this has anything to do with– | 然而这些都与 |
[36:22] | My character? It sure as hell does, | 与我的性格无关吗 这当然有关系 |
[36:24] | because I had friends at your firm, Ms. Richardson. | 因为在你的律所 我有朋友 理查德森女士 |
[36:30] | Do you? | 可你有吗 |
[36:31] | It’s not my job to make friends. | 我的工作可不是交朋友 |
[36:33] | And is that why two days ago, your own lawyer publicly stated | 这是否也就是为什么两天前 你的律师 |
[36:36] | that you are a bitter, vindictive woman | 公开说你是一个充满仇恨的怨妇 |
[36:39] | who is hated by everyone at your firm? | 说律所人人都讨厌你 |
[36:42] | He did say that, didn’t he? | 他确实说了这话 不是吗 |
[36:43] | And I remind you, you’re under oath. | 而且我要提醒你 你可是宣了誓的 |
[36:46] | Yes, he did. | 是的 他说了 |
[36:48] | Then who really deserves to be fired, | 那到底应该开除谁 |
[36:51] | the lawyer who wins cases and has friends | 是能赢官司会交朋友的律师 |
[36:53] | or the one who lied about why she let my client go? | 还是连解雇原因都要撒谎骗人的领导 |
[36:59] | All right, we’re gonna talk about what happened in there, | 我们要讨论下刚刚在庭上是怎么回事 |
[37:02] | and we’re gonna talk about it right now. | 现在就讨论 |
[37:04] | What’s to talk about? | 有什么好讨论的 |
[37:05] | It was an effective cross. | 那场交叉问询是有效的 |
[37:07] | Did you think they were just gonna lay down? | 你觉得他们会任我们宰割吗 |
[37:09] | What I think is, you’re going to prove she fabricated that evidence | 我是觉得 你得证明是她伪造了证据 |
[37:12] | because it’s the only way we can win. | 因为这是我们唯一能赢的办法 |
[37:14] | No, it’s isn’t, and if it was, | 不 不是 如果真的是 |
[37:15] | we never would have taken this deal. | 我们就不会接受这个交易 |
[37:16] | Well, you did take this deal, | 但你们确实接受了交易 |
[37:18] | and they just made me look like shit. | 他们刚让我出了大丑 |
[37:19] | I get it. This is because | 我懂了 这事是因为 |
[37:21] | they embarrassed you and now you want payback. | 他们让你出了丑 你想要报复 |
[37:23] | This is because you all cheated | 这事是因为你们都作了弊 |
[37:25] | and I’m not letting that stand. | 而我不会让你们得逞 |
[37:27] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[37:28] | There is no way they would have known | 如果不是你们告诉他们的 |
[37:30] | about that previous lawsuit if you hadn’t fed it to them. | 他们不可能知道之前那桩官司的事 |
[37:33] | We didn’t feed them anything! | 我们什么也没说 |
[37:35] | Then how in the hell else did they get it? | 那他们到底是怎么知道的 |
[37:37] | I don’t know. Probably the same way we did. | 我不知道 可能跟我们一样吧 |
[37:39] | Which is how? | 那我们是怎么知道的 |
[37:39] | None of your goddamn business! | 关你屁事 |
[37:41] | Well, they didn’t just have that. | 他们不仅有那一桩官司 |
[37:43] | They had direct quotes from the mock trial, | 他们还有你在模拟法庭时的原话 |
[37:45] | and there’s only one way they could have gotten that. | 要拿到这个 他们只有一种方法 |
[37:47] | Someone told them. So I don’t give a shit | 有人告诉他们了 所以我不管 |
[37:50] | if you think I’m changing our deal or not. | 你们是不是觉得我该改变交易 |
[37:52] | Tomorrow when we go back in there, | 明天我们再上庭的时候 |
[37:54] | you’re going to prove she crossed that line. | 你们要给我证明当时她确实越界了 |
[38:07] | Louis, we can’t prove she did it. | 路易 我们不能证明她做了 |
[38:09] | We can’t do that to Samantha. | 我们不能这么对萨曼莎 |
[38:11] | Harvey, I don’t like this any more than you do, | 哈维 我也不想这么做 |
[38:13] | but the best way to protect Samantha now | 但现在最能保护萨曼莎的方法 |
[38:15] | is to control the narrative. | 是要看我们怎么讲这个故事 |
[38:16] | You mean prove it without proving it | 你是说用诡辩的方法来证明 |
[38:18] | and hope that appeases Faye. | 并希望能让法耶满意 |
[38:21] | Well, once we get Samantha back on the stand, | 如果我们再让萨曼莎上庭作证 |
[38:23] | she’s just gonna take the Fifth. | 她会直接引用第五修正案[不能自证其罪] |
[38:24] | And that won’t appease Faye. | 但这样法耶就不满意了 |
[38:25] | And that just leaves me, which is not happening. | 这样只能靠我来证明 但这是不可能的 |
[38:28] | That leaves us with Mike. | 这样一来 我们就得去对付迈克 |
[38:30] | Louis, he’s Samantha’s lawyer. | 路易 他是萨曼莎的律师 |
[38:31] | He’s bound by privilege. | 他有保密协议的 |
[38:32] | Not according to Kern v. California, he’s not. | 但根据科恩诉加州政府案 他没有 |
[38:35] | But he is smart enough to let us ask the questions Faye wants, | 但他够聪明 能让我们问出法耶想问的问题 |
[38:38] | give us the answers we need, | 然后给出我们想要的答案 |
[38:39] | and not say anything to ruin Samantha. | 并且不说出任何会毁了萨曼莎的事情 |
[38:41] | I am not putting Mike through that wringer. | 我不会让迈克跟那个敲诈者打交道的 |
[38:44] | He did this for me and… | 他本来就是为了我才这么做的 而且… |
[38:46] | And what? | 而且什么 |
[38:48] | You know what? We wouldn’t be in this boat | 你知道吗 如果不是有人泄露消息 |
[38:50] | if someone hadn’t slipped them that shit. | 我们也不会沦落到这个境地 |
[38:53] | – So help me, if it was you– – Me? | -所以帮我一把 如果是你的话 -我 |
[38:55] | You were the one who got it in the first place. | 这事可是你最先知道的 |
[38:57] | No, I didn’t. I got it from Donna, | 不 我不是 我是听唐娜说的 |
[38:58] | and she got it from Alex, and– | 她是听亚历克斯说的 |
[39:01] | Son of a bitch, it was him. | 妈的 是他 |
[39:03] | It wasn’t Alex. It was me. | 不是亚历克斯 是我 |
[39:05] | What did you just say? | 你说什么 |
[39:06] | Louis said he wanted Samantha to get a win. | 路易说他想让萨曼莎赢 |
[39:09] | And I thought you’d be happy, but– | 我以为你会高兴 但是 |
[39:11] | I don’t give a shit what you thought. | 我不管你是怎么想的 |
[39:12] | You don’t do something like that without running it by me | 你怎么可以不事先经过我的同意就这么做 |
[39:14] | unless you’re a fucking idiot. | 除非你是个傻子 |
[39:15] | Harvey. I’m not an idiot. | 哈维 我不是傻子 |
[39:17] | I was giving you plausible deniability | 我是想既能让你合理地否认 |
[39:18] | while helping our friends. | 又能帮助我们的朋友 |
[39:20] | No, you were ruining the deal we made with Faye. | 不 你是在破坏我们跟法耶之间的交易 |
[39:23] | I didn’t know, and I wouldn’t have done anything | 我不知道 如果你能及时让我了解情况的话 |
[39:25] | if you had just kept me in the loop. | 我不会做任何事的 |
[39:26] | Keep you in the loop? | 及时让你了解情况 |
[39:27] | You’re lucky I’m not firing you! | 我不开除你都是你走运了 |
[39:28] | Don’t you talk to me like that. | 你竟然敢这么跟我说话 |
[39:29] | I am a senior partner, and I deserve– | 我是资深合伙人 我值得 |
[39:31] | Yeah, and I’m going against two of my closest friends. | 是啊 在我妈妈刚刚过世的时候 |
[39:33] | I am doing all of this while my mother just died, | 我还要跟我两个最亲的朋友对着干 |
[39:36] | and I can’t even talk to the one guy | 而且唯一能理解我到底在经历什么的人 |
[39:38] | who could understand what the hell I’m going through! | 我却什么都不能跟他说 |
[39:40] | So I don’t give a shit if you’re a senior partner or not. | 所以我才不管你是不是资深合伙人 |
[39:51] | Do I even have to say that was not okay? | 还需要我说你这样做是不对的吗 |
[39:57] | No, Louis, you don’t. It’s just… | 不 路易 你不用 只是… |
[40:01] | this is harder than I thought it’d be. | 这比我想象得更难 |
[40:04] | Well, this may come as a shock to you, Harvey, | 你可能会觉得不可思议 哈维 |
[40:06] | but I know a thing or two about pushing down feelings. | 但我知道怎样才能压下感情 |
[40:10] | You can’t just expect to have a funeral and it’ll all be over. | 你不能指望着办个葬礼 这一切就结束了 |
[40:14] | It is okay to give yourself a break. | 让自己喘口气吧 没事的 |
[40:17] | Since when have you become so wise? | 你什么时候这么有智慧了 |
[40:20] | Since spending all those years with Stan. | 毕竟也跟斯坦聊了这么多年了 |
[40:24] | I know you don’t have Mike now, but you do have me. | 我知道迈克不在你身边 但是我在 |
[40:29] | Thanks, Louis. That helps. | 谢谢 路易 我感觉好点了 |
[40:32] | But right now, we’re at war. | 但现在 我们还有仗要打 |
[40:35] | Then what do you say we do what we have to | 那你说我们去做该做的事 |
[40:36] | to end this thing? | 结束这场战斗怎么样 |
[40:47] | – Donna. – Can I come in? | -唐娜 -我能进来吗 |
[40:49] | Yeah, of course. | 当然 |
[40:51] | Can I get you something to drink? | 你要喝点什么吗 |
[40:53] | Actually, I was hoping you’d have a drink with someone else. | 事实上 我是希望你能跟另一个人喝一杯 |
[40:58] | Mike, I started this thing to help Harvey, | 迈克 我促成这件事是为了帮哈维 |
[41:00] | and it’s obviously ended up | 显然现在的情势 |
[41:01] | going in a direction that none of us expected. | 我们当初谁都没想到 |
[41:04] | Donna, are you here to finally tell me | 唐娜 你是不是终于打算告诉我 |
[41:06] | what’s really going on? | 到底怎么回事了 |
[41:07] | I’m here to say that | 我是来告诉你 |
[41:08] | I know that we’re in the middle of this thing, | 我知道我们现在势同水火 |
[41:10] | but Harvey’s hurting. | 但哈维很受伤 |
[41:11] | He needs a break, and he needs it to be with you. | 他需要休息 他需要你去陪着他 |
[41:14] | You mean someone who’s lost both parents. | 因为我也失去了双亲 |
[41:16] | I’m not saying you have to talk about that. | 你不一定要谈这个 |
[41:18] | But tonight… he needs his friend. | 但今晚 他需要朋友 |
[41:34] | Faye, do you have a moment? | 法耶 能和你说两句吗 |
[41:36] | Not really, Katrina. I’m getting ready for tomorrow. | 不太行 卡特里娜 我在为明天做准备 |
[41:39] | That’s why I’m here. | 我就是为这个来的 |
[41:41] | I heard you’re making Harvey and Louis | 我听说你要让哈维和路易 |
[41:44] | prove that Samantha fabricated that evidence. | 证明萨曼莎伪造了证据 |
[41:46] | And if you’re here to make an appeal on their behalf– | 如果你是要替他们求情 |
[41:48] | I’m here to tell you | 我是来告诉你 |
[41:49] | they didn’t give Mike that testimony. | 他们没有把证词给迈克 |
[41:53] | I did. | 是我给的 |
[41:54] | I didn’t know about your deal, and I made a mistake. | 我不知道你们的交易 是我错了 |
[41:57] | You mean you colluded against your own firm. | 你是说你背叛了你自己的律所 |
[41:59] | I did. | 是的 |
[42:01] | And before you say anything, | 我想先说一句 |
[42:03] | I once gave Susan a second chance, | 我曾经给了苏珊一个机会 |
[42:05] | and you disagreed but you respected it. | 当时你不赞同 但你尊重了我的选择 |
[42:08] | So you’re asking me to forgive you | 所以你要我原谅你 |
[42:09] | because you forgave someone else? | 就因为你原谅了别人 |
[42:11] | I’m asking you to understand that people make mistakes. | 我是希望你能理解 人无完人 |
[42:15] | And I am begging you not to make Samantha pay for mine. | 我求你 不要让萨曼莎为我的错误负责 |
[42:20] | Please, Faye, let Harvey find another way to win | 求你 法耶 让哈维用别的方式赢 |
[42:23] | without destroying her career. | 不要毁掉她的职业生涯 |
[42:26] | All right. | 好 |
[42:27] | I respect you owning up to your mistake. | 你能承认错误我很敬佩 |
[42:30] | But sometimes owning up isn’t enough. | 但有时候认错并不够 |
[42:31] | So I want you packed within the hour. | 所以我希望你能在一小时内收拾好东西 |
[42:35] | What? You just said that– | 什么 你刚刚才说 |
[42:37] | Katrina, I’m sorry. You’re fired. | 卡特里娜 很抱歉 你被解雇了 |
[43:07] | And then you asked me where I got that bruise. | 然后你问我怎么受了伤 |
[43:09] | And you said sometimes | 然后你说有时候 |
[43:11] | the good guys gotta do bad things… | 好人需要干坏事 |
[43:13] | To make the bad guys pay. | 才能让坏人为坏事付出代价 |
[43:18] | I got to say, I miss that. | 我得说 我很怀念这个 |
[43:20] | Miss what? Making the bad guys pay? | 怀念什么 让坏人付出代价吗 |
[43:24] | Doing it together. | 跟你并肩作战 |
[43:26] | Especially the early years. | 尤其是早些年 |
[43:28] | “Mississippi Burning,” going up against Tanner. | 《烈血大风暴》 我们对坦纳 |
[43:31] | Keeping Louis from finding out all that time. | 一直都在努力瞒着路易那事 |
[43:33] | Not just Louis. How about everybody else? | 不止路易 还有其他人好吗 |
[43:36] | – Jessica. – Rachel. | -杰西卡 -瑞秋 |
[43:38] | – Hardman. – Not Donna, though. | -哈德曼 -但是没有唐娜 |
[43:41] | She knew from day one. | 她一开始就知道 |
[43:43] | She did. | 没错 |
[43:45] | Because more than anyone else, she gets me. | 因为她比任何人都懂我 |
[43:48] | I never did thank you for helping to make all that happen. | 我一直都没感谢你 让这一切发生 |
[43:50] | Mm, you’re welcome, Harvey. | 不客气 哈维 |
[43:54] | You know, Rachel was just saying the other day | 知道吗 那天瑞秋还说 |
[43:56] | how the only thing she regrets about leaving | 离开让她唯一遗憾的 |
[43:58] | is not getting to see you two as a couple. | 就是没见到你们在一起 |
[44:00] | The other night, Donna said the same thing. | 那天唐娜也说了一样的话 |
[44:02] | If that really is the case | 要是真的这样 |
[44:04] | and you miss working together so much, | 你又这么怀念我们并肩作战的时光 |
[44:07] | I could always use another associate. | 我再雇个助理也行 |
[44:09] | You got to be kidding me. | 你逗我的吧 |
[44:11] | Okay, okay. You drive a hard bargain. | 好吧好吧 你真会讨价还价 |
[44:13] | Junior partner. It’s the best I can do. | 初级合伙人 我不会再让步了 |
[44:15] | There are a million reasons why that’s never gonna happen. | 我有无数个理由来拒绝你 |
[44:18] | Not the least of which, I never really liked you. | 最重要的是 我就没喜欢过你 |
[44:20] | Mm, finally. We’re on the same page. | 我们终于有件事能达成一致了 |
[44:26] | Seriously, Mike, I’m glad you called. | 说真的 迈克 我很高兴你能找我出来 |
[44:28] | I appreciate you being here for me. | 也很感激你来陪我 |
[44:31] | Not just tonight, with all of this. | 不光今晚 我是说所有这些事 |
[44:33] | Hey, you did it for me. | 你也为我做过这些事 |
[44:41] | Well, it’s late. | 很晚了 |
[44:44] | We both need to be at our best tomorrow. | 明天我们都需要拿出最好状态 |
[44:50] | – What’s this? – A subpoena. | -这是什么 -传票 |
[44:52] | – We’re calling you to the stand. – What? | -我们要传唤你出庭 -什么 |
[44:54] | – Look, I’m sorry. – You’re sorry? | -听着 我很抱歉 -你抱歉 |
[44:57] | We’re supposed to be here as friends, | 我们出来是作为朋友 |
[44:59] | and this whole time, you’ve been sitting on a subpoena? | 结果一晚上你兜里都揣着张传票 |
[45:01] | I don’t like having to do this either. | 我也不想这样 |
[45:02] | Well, then why the hell are you doing any of it? | 那你为什么要这么做 |
[45:05] | We had a plan. Something changed. | 我们本来拟好了计划的 但是出了变故 |
[45:07] | – I want to know what it is. – We can’t talk about it. | -我想知道 -我不能说 |
[45:09] | God damn it, Harvey, | 该死的 哈维 |
[45:10] | when the hell did you stop trusting me? | 你从什么时候开始这么不信任我了 |
[45:17] | You know what? You’re right. | 好吧 你是对的 |
[45:21] | This was a nice break, but it is over. | 停战一下是挺好 但是结束了 |
[45:26] | I’ll see you in court. | 明天庭上见 |