时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Sammy. | 萨姆 |
[00:05] | Take your brother outside as fast as you can. Go! | 赶快带你弟弟离开屋子 快 |
[00:11] | Dad’s on a hunting trip. | 爸爸已经踏上了捕猎之旅 |
[00:13] | And he hasn’t been home in a few days. | 他好几天没回家了 |
[00:18] | This is Dad’s book. | 这是爸爸的笔记 |
[00:20] | I think he wants us to pick up where he left off. | 我想他想让我们继续他的工作 |
[00:22] | You know, saving people, hunting things. | 救助他人 猎杀恶魔 |
[00:24] | The family business. | 家族事业 |
[00:26] | I gotta find Dad. | 我得找到爸爸 |
[00:27] | It’s the only thing I can think about. | 这是现在我唯一想干的 |
[00:37] | With temperatures hitting below zero… | 随着气温达到零度以下 |
[00:39] | we’ve got an unseasonably cold front setting throughout the county. | 我们已经得到了全县的天气异常的冷锋设置 |
[00:43] | We’ve got some pretty rough going reportedly on I-55… | 针对I- 55我们得到大概的结论 |
[00:46] | with winds out of the north at 40 miles an hour… | 北风时速40英里… |
[01:04] | What the…? | 什么 |
[01:30] | Republicans are $1 0 billion away from a budget deal… | 为争夺100亿美元的预算 |
[01:33] | fighting over what seems like a ton of money…. | 共和党人像一吨钱一样 |
[02:54] | Okay. I think I found a way | 好的. – 我想到办法了 |
[02:56] | We can bypass that construction east of here. | 我们这样从东面绕过这个建筑 |
[02:58] | We might even make Pennsylvania faster than we thought. | 这样 去宾西法尼亚 我们会比我们想象的到得更早些 |
[03:02] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[03:03] | The problem is, we’re not going to Pennsylvania. | 问题是 我们不去宾西法尼亚了 |
[03:05] | Wait what? | 等等 什么? |
[03:07] | I just got a call from an old friend. | 我刚刚接到一个老朋友的电话 |
[03:10] | Her father was killed | 她的父亲昨天被杀了 |
[03:12] | Might be our kind of thing. | 她认为这也许是我们所管的事情 |
[03:13] | What? | 什么? |
[03:15] | Yeah. Believe me… | 是的 相信我 |
[03:16] | she never would’ve called, never | 她不会给我打电话的 永远不会 |
[03:18] | If she didn’t need us. | 如果她不需要我们的帮助的话 |
[03:22] | Come on. You coming or what? | 你去还是不去? |
[03:35] | By “old friend, ” you mean…? | 你说老朋友 你的意思是 |
[03:37] | A friend that’s not new. | 不是新朋友 |
[03:39] | Yeah, thanks. | 是的 谢谢 |
[03:42] | So her name’s Cassie, huh? | 她的名字叫 凯西吗? |
[03:44] | You never mentioned her. | 你从来没提起过她 |
[03:46] | Didn’t I? | 没有吗? |
[03:47] | No. | 没有 |
[03:48] | Yeah, we went out. | 我们曾经在一起过 |
[03:49] | You mean you dated somebody? | 你是说 你和某人约会 |
[03:50] | For more than one night? | 而不只是一个晚上? |
[03:54] | Am l speaking a language you’re not getting here? | 你听不懂我说的话吗? |
[03:56] | Dad and l were working a job in Ohio. | 爸爸和我在俄亥俄的雅典市做工作 |
[03:59] | She was finishing up college. We went out for a couple of weeks. | 她正在上大学 我们一起出去了几个星期 |
[04:02] | And…? | 然后? |
[04:07] | Look, it’s terrible about her dad… | 她爸爸的事情很糟 |
[04:09] | but kind of sounds like a standard car accident. | 但是听起来就像是标准的车祸 |
[04:11] | I’m not seeing how it fits with what we do. | 我不认为这是我们应该做的工作 |
[04:14] | Which, by the way, how does she know what we do? | 顺便问一下 她怎么知道我们是干什么的? |
[04:21] | You told her. You told her, the secret. | 你告诉了她 你把秘密告诉了她 |
[04:24] | Our big family rule number one | 我们家族 第一条规矩 |
[04:26] | We do what we do and we shut up about it. | 做我们该做的事 并且闭口不言 |
[04:29] | For a year l do nothing but lie to Jessica. | 这一年半 我一直在对杰西卡撒谎 |
[04:31] | You go out with this chick in Ohio a couple times… | 你和这个女孩出去了几次就 |
[04:34] | and you tell her everything? | 告诉了她所有的事情? |
[04:36] | -Dean. – Yeah. Looks like. | – 迪恩 – 是的 是这样的 |
[04:44] | lt’s a newspaper we put out. | 这是我们这里出版的一份报纸 |
[04:46] | Not a bulletin for the mayor’s office. | 不是市长办公室的公告 |
[04:48] | Get off your soap box, Jimmy. | 把你这些东西拿走 吉米 |
[04:50] | I’m urging a little discretion, is all. | 我需要一些判断力 就这些 |
[04:52] | No. I think you’re telling us what you want us to print… | 不 我想你再告诉我们你想让我们报道什么 |
[04:54] | and what you want us to sit on. | 你想让我们调查什么 |
[04:57] | I know you’re upset, Cassie. | 我知道你很伤心凯西 |
[04:59] | I liked your dad a lot… | 我非常喜欢你父亲 |
[05:00] | but l think your grief is clouding your judgment. | 但是 我想你的悲痛影响了你的判断力 |
[05:04] | Two black people were killed on the road in the same way | 在同样的一段路上 两个黑人被杀了 |
[05:07] | In three weeks. | 就在三周的时间里 同样的手法 |
[05:09] | Jimmy, you’re too close to this. | 吉米 你和这件事情的联系太紧密了 |
[05:10] | Those guys were friends of yours. | 那些人是你的朋友 |
[05:13] | Again, l’m very sorry for your loss. | 对你失去的朋友我们非常悲痛 |
[05:28] | Dean. | 迪恩 |
[05:30] | Hey, Cassie. | 嘿 凯西 |
[05:38] | This is my brother, Sam. | 这是我的弟弟 萨姆 |
[05:44] | I’m sorry about your dad. | 关于你的父亲 我很伤心 |
[05:45] | Yeah. Me too. | 是的 我也一样 |
[05:53] | My mother’s in pretty bad shape. | 我妈妈的情形不是很好 |
[05:56] | I’ve been staying with her. | 我一直和她在一起 |
[05:57] | I wish she wouldn’t go off by herself. | 我希望她不会被自己吓坏 |
[05:59] | She’s been so nervous and frightened. | 她神经紧张 非常容易受到惊吓 |
[06:01] | She was worried about Dad. | 她很担心爸爸的死 |
[06:04] | Why? | 为什么? |
[06:05] | He was scared. | 他被吓坏了 |
[06:06] | He was seeing things. | 他看见了一些东西 |
[06:08] | Like what? | 比如? |
[06:09] | He said He swore he saw an awful-looking black truck following him. | 他说 他发誓他看到一辆很可怕的黑色卡车跟踪他 |
[06:12] | A truck? Who was the driver? | 一辆卡车?谁是司机? |
[06:15] | He didn’t talk about a driver. Just the truck. | 他没提过司机 只是卡车 |
[06:18] | He said it would appear and disappear. | 他说它出现然后消失 |
[06:20] | And, in the accident, Dad’s truck was dented… | 在车祸中 爸爸的卡车出现了凹痕 |
[06:23] | like it’d been slammed into by something big. | 就像被某些大的物体撞击过 |
[06:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:29] | Now, you’re sure this dent wasn’t there before? | 你敢肯定以前没有那个凹痕? |
[06:31] | He sold cars. Always drove a new one. | 他是卖汽车的 他一直开新车 |
[06:33] | There wasn’t a scratch on that thing. | 他的车连刮伤都没有 |
[06:35] | It had rained hard that night. There was mud everywhere. | 那天晚上雨下得很大 到处是泥 |
[06:39] | There was a distinct set of muddy tracks from Dad’s car | 只有一辆汽车的痕迹延伸 |
[06:44] | Leading right… | 一直到 |
[06:47] | to the edge where he went over. | 他的车翻下公路的地点 |
[06:51] | One set of tracks. His. | 一辆车的汽车留下的泥痕 他自己的车 |
[06:54] | The first was a friend of your father’s? | 第一个被杀的人是你父亲的一个朋友? |
[06:57] | Best friend. Clayton Soames. | 最好的朋友克莱顿·索尔姆斯 |
[06:58] | They owned the car dealership together. | 他们一起享有汽车经销权 |
[07:01] | Same thing. Dent. No tracks. | 同样的事情 凹痕 没有其它汽车的痕迹 |
[07:04] | And the cops said exactly what they said about Dad | 警察说了和父亲死的那天同样的话 |
[07:07] | “He lost control of his car.” | 他的车失去了控制 |
[07:08] | Any reason why your father and his partner might be targets? | 你能想到你父亲和他的合伙人成为目标的原因吗? |
[07:11] | No. | 不能 |
[07:12] | This truck ran them off the road? | 你认为那个消失的卡车把他撞下了公路? |
[07:15] | When you say it aloud like that…. | 是你这么说的 |
[07:18] | Listen, l’m a little skeptical about this ghost stuff… | 我对鬼魂的存在与否有一点怀疑 |
[07:24] | or whatever it is you guys are into. | 这正是你们所作的工作 |
[07:26] | Skeptical? | 怀疑 |
[07:28] | If I remember, I think you said l was nuts. | 如果我记得没错的话 我想你说过我是傻瓜 |
[07:30] | That was then. | 那是过去的事了 |
[07:32] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[07:36] | I just know l can’t explain what happened up there. | 我知道我没法解释发生的事 |
[07:39] | So l called you. | 所以我打电话给你 |
[07:42] | Mom. Where have you been? l was…. | 妈妈 你去哪了? |
[07:45] | I had no idea you had invited friends over. | 我不知道你带朋友回来 |
[07:49] | Mom, this is Dean, a friend of mine from college. | 妈妈 这是迪恩大学里的朋友 |
[07:54] | And his brother, Sam. | 这是他的弟弟萨姆 |
[07:56] | Well, l won’t interrupt you. | 我不会打扰你们的 |
[08:00] | -s. Robinson. – What? | – 罗宾逊夫人 – 什么? |
[08:02] | We’re sorry for your loss. | 对于您丈夫的死 我们很伤心 |
[08:04] | We’d like to talk to you for a minute, if you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意的话 我们想跟您谈谈 |
[08:08] | I’m really not up to that just now. | 现在 我还没准备好谈这些问题 |
[09:07] | Jimmy meant something to this town. | 吉米在这个镇上还是有一定影响的 |
[09:10] | He was one of our best. | 他是我们最棒的人 |
[09:11] | We won’t be the same without him. | 没有他会大不一样 |
[09:13] | Our best seem to be dropping like flies. | 我们最棒的人就像苍蝇一样死掉了 |
[09:16] | Clayton, my father, Jimmy. | 克莱顿 我父亲 吉米 |
[09:19] | What is it exactly you want me to do? | 你到底想让我做什么? |
[09:21] | How about closing this section of road, for starters. | 封了这条路怎么样? |
[09:24] | Close the main road, the only road in and out of town? | 封闭主干路?小镇唯一通往外界的路? |
[09:28] | Accidents do happen, Cassie. That’s what they are. Accidents. | 车祸是有发生 凯西 车祸就是车祸 |
[09:32] | Did the cops check for additional denting? | 警察检查吉米汽车上的凹痕 |
[09:34] | See if it was pushed? | 看他是不是被撞下去的? |
[09:36] | Who’s this? | 这是谁? |
[09:37] | Dean and Sam Winchester. Family friends. | 迪恩 和萨姆·温彻斯特家里的朋友 |
[09:39] | This is Mayor Harold Todd. | 这是我们的市长哈罗·德托德 |
[09:42] | There’s one set of tire tracks. One. Doesn’t point to foul play. | 只有一辆汽车的痕迹 只有一个 证明不是谋杀 |
[09:46] | Mayor, the police and town officials | 市长 警察和镇上的官员 |
[09:49] | ke their cues from you. lf you’re indifferent | 按你的指示办事 如果你不关心 |
[09:51] | lndifferent? | 不关心 |
[09:52] | Would you close the road if the victims were white? | 如果受害者是白人的话 你会封闭公路吗? |
[09:56] | You suggesting l’m racist, Cassie. | 你是说我是种族主义者 凯西 |
[09:58] | I’m the last person you should talk to like that. | 你不该对我这么说 |
[10:01] | And why is that? | 为什么? |
[10:02] | Why don’t you ask your mother? | 为什么不问问你妈妈? |
[10:09] | I’ll say this for her, she’s fearless. | 我要为她辩解一下 她很勇敢 |
[10:13] | Mm hm. | 嗯 |
[10:14] | Bet she kicked your ass a couple times. | 我敢打赌 他会踢你的屁股的 |
[10:18] | What’s interesting is, you guys never look at each other at the same time. | 有意思的是 你们从没同时看过对方 |
[10:23] | You look at her when she’s not looking… | 你看她的时候 她没再看你 |
[10:25] | she checks you out when you look away. | 她看你的时候 你又再往一边看 |
[10:29] | It’s just an interesting observation in a. | 很有趣的发现 |
[10:33] | You know observationally interesting way. | 非常有意思的观察角度 |
[10:36] | You think we might have more pressing issues here? | 你知道我们这里有比这更紧迫的事情吗? |
[10:39] | Hey, if l’m hitting a nerve | 如果我触动了你的某条神经 |
[10:42] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[10:58] | Excuse me, are you Ron Stubbins? | 打扰了 你是罗恩·斯塔宾斯吗? |
[11:01] | You were friends with Jimmy Anderson? | 吉米·安德森的朋友? |
[11:03] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[11:04] | Mr. Anderson’s insurance company. | 我们和安德森一起的 保险公司的 |
[11:05] | Here to dot l’s and cross it’s. | 到这做一些调查 |
[11:08] | We were wondering | 我们在想 |
[11:08] | Had the deceased mentioned any unusual experiences? | 死者最近有没有不寻常的经历? |
[11:11] | What do you mean, “unusual”? | 不寻常 是什么意思? |
[11:13] | Well, visions, hallucinations. | 视觉上的幻觉 |
[11:16] | It’s all part of a medical examination kind of thing. Very standard. | 只是医学上的检查 |
[11:19] | -hat company you say you’re with? – All tional mutual. | – 你说你是哪个公司的?- All tional mutual. – |
[11:23] | Tell me, did he ever mention seeing a truck? | 告诉我他是不是说过他看见了一辆卡车? |
[11:26] | A big black truck? | 一辆黑色的大卡车? |
[11:27] | What the hell you talking about? You even speaking English? | 不明白你在说什么?你在说英语吗? |
[11:31] | Son, this truck, a big, scary monster-looking thing? | 一辆看起来很可怕的大卡车 |
[11:35] | Yeah, actually, l think so. | 实际上是的 我想是的 |
[11:37] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[11:39] | What? | 什么? |
[11:40] | l have heard of a truck like that. | 我听说过一辆那样的大卡车 |
[11:42] | You have? | 你听说过? |
[11:43] | Where? | 在哪? |
[11:44] | Not where, when. | 不是在哪 什么时候? |
[11:46] | Back in the ’60s, there was a string of deaths. | 在六十年代 那时候 有一连串的死亡事件 |
[11:49] | Black men. | 黑人 |
[11:52] | Story goes, they disappeared in a big, nasty black truck. | 他们在一辆黑色的 肮脏的大卡车里消失 |
[11:57] | They ever catch the guy who did it? | 他们没抓到凶手吗? |
[11:58] | Never found him. | 没有 |
[12:00] | Hell, not sure they even really looked. | 天哪 不清楚他们到底有没有调查 |
[12:04] | See, there was a time… | 有一段时间 |
[12:06] | this town wasn’t too friendly to all its citizens. | 这个小镇不是对每个居民都很友好 |
[12:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:21] | Truck. | 卡车 |
[12:22] | Keeps coming up, doesn’t it? | 一直在出现 不是吗? |
[12:23] | I was thinking. You heard of the Flying Dutchman? | 我正在想 你听说过会飞的幽灵船吗? |
[12:26] | Yeah, a ghost ship, infused with the captaings spirit. | 是的 一艘鬼船 被船长邪恶的鬼魂笼罩着 |
[12:29] | It was part of him. | 船就是他的一部分 |
[12:30] | So, what if we’re dealing with a phantom truck? | 那么 我们是不是遇到了同样的事情了呢? |
[12:32] | The extension of some bastard ghost re-enacting past crimes. | 一个被鬼魂附着的卡车幻影 历史重演 |
[12:36] | The victims have all been black men. | 受害者都是黑人 |
[12:38] | I think it’s more than that. | 我想还不止这些 |
[12:39] | They all seem connected to Cassie. | 他们好像都和凯西和她的家人有关 |
[12:41] | All right. Well, you work that angle. | 好吧 你负责那个天使 |
[12:45] | Go talk to her. | 去和她谈谈 |
[12:46] | Yeah, I will. | 好的 我会的 |
[12:47] | Oh, and, you might also want to mention that other thing. | 哦 也许你想说一些其他的事 |
[12:49] | What other thing? | 其他的事? |
[12:51] | The serious unfinished business. | 严肃的没有谈完的话题 |
[12:55] | Dean, what is going on between you two? | 迪恩 你们俩之间发生了什么事? |
[12:58] | We were a little bit more involved than l said. | 我们之间发生的事情比我告诉你的要多 |
[13:01] | Oh, okay. | 哦 好吧 |
[13:03] | Okay, a lot more. Maybe. | 也许多得多 |
[13:05] | I told her the secret about what we do and l shouldn’t have. | 我告诉她我是做什么的 我不应该这么做 |
[13:09] | Look, man, everybody’s gotta open up to someone sometime. | 听着 有时候 每个人都需要对某人敞开心扉 |
[13:12] | Yeah, l don’t. | 是的 但是我不会的 |
[13:13] | It was stupid to get that close. I mean, look how it ended. | 和她靠得那么近是很愚蠢的 看这样的结局 |
[13:18] | Would you stop? | 你要不要别再 |
[13:21] | Blink or something. | 或者什么的? |
[13:23] | You loved her. | 你爱她 |
[13:25] | Oh, God. | 哦 上帝 |
[13:27] | You were in love with her, but you dumped her? | 你曾经爱过她 但是你抛弃了她 |
[13:33] | Oh, wow. | 哦 |
[13:38] | She dumped you. | 她甩了你 |
[13:39] | Get in the car. | 上车 |
[13:42] | Get in the car. | 上车 |
[13:59] | -Dean. – Hey. | – 迪恩 – 嘿 |
[14:00] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[14:02] | Come on in. | 快进来 |
[14:07] | So you busy or…? | 你很忙? |
[14:09] | The paper’s doing a tribute to Jimmy. | 正在写一篇论文 在吉米y那有什么发现吗? |
[14:11] | Uh, I was just going through his stuff……his awards. | 我正在看他的东西 他的奖品 |
[14:16] | Trying to find the words. | 是着找些线索 |
[14:22] | That’s gotta be tough. | 一定很困难 |
[14:23] | This family owned the paper. The Dorians? | 这些年 这个家开办了一份报纸 |
[14:26] | They had a whites-only staff policy. | 他们保持着只雇用白人之类的政策 |
[14:28] | After they sold it, Jimmy became the first black reporter. | 他们买了报社以后吉米是第一个黑人记者 |
[14:30] | He didn’t stop until he became editor. | 他又当上了编辑 |
[14:33] | He taught me everything. | 他教给我很多事情 |
[14:37] | Where’s your brother? | 你的弟弟在哪? |
[14:40] | Not here. | 不在这 |
[14:41] | All right. So, what brings you here? | 那么 什么风把你吹来的 |
[14:43] | Trying to find the connection. | 我正在寻找三个受害者之间的联系 |
[14:47] | By the way, did you talk to your mom. | 顺便问一下 你和你妈妈谈过了吗? |
[14:48] | About Todd not being racist? | 关于托德说不是种族主义者 |
[14:51] | I did. | 谈过了 |
[14:52] | -She didn’t wanna talk about it. – Right. | – 她不想说这件事 – 好吧 |
[14:58] | So just then, why’d you ask where my brother was? | 刚才 你为什么问我弟弟在哪? |
[15:01] | Nothing. Not important. | 没什么 不重要 |
[15:03] | Because without him here… | 也许因为没有他在这 |
[15:04] | It’s you and me, not you, me and Sam… | 这就剩下你和我了 而不是你 我 和萨姆 |
[15:06] | Which would be easier? | 这样就会轻松一点 |
[15:07] | Not. lt’s not easier. | 不 不会的 |
[15:09] | Look, I | 听着 |
[15:11] | No. Forget it. It’s fine. | 不 忘了吧 这样很好 |
[15:12] | We’ll keep it strictly business. | 回到正题 |
[15:17] | I forgot you do that. | 我忘了你会这么做 |
[15:19] | Do what? | 做什么? |
[15:21] | whenever we get | 无什么时候 我们接近 |
[15:24] | What’s the word, “close”? | 你要说什么?很近? |
[15:26] | Anywhere in the neighborhood of emotional vulnerability, you back off. | 要谈到感情问题时 你总是退缩 |
[15:29] | Or make some joke. | 或者开玩笑 |
[15:30] | Or find any way to shut the door on me. | 或者找办法逃避把我拒之门外 |
[15:33] | Oh, that’s hilarious. | 这挺好玩 |
[15:35] | I’m not the one who took that door.Wait a minute. | 听着 我不是那个关上起决定性的那个大门 |
[15:38] | Who took the key and buried it. | 而且 我也不是那个 那个拿了钥匙又埋起来的人 |
[15:40] | We done with this metaphor? | 我们结束这个比喻了吗? |
[15:43] | I was totally up-front with you and you nailed me with it. | 我想说的是 当我决心面对问题的时候 你却在逃避 |
[15:45] | The guy l’m with | 然后你抓住了这个把柄 |
[15:46] | The guy I’m hoping might be in my future… | 我不希望这个也许能和我共度一生的男人 |
[15:48] | tells me he pops ghosts. | 告诉我他是专业驱逐鬼魂的 |
[15:50] | Those aren’t the words I used. | 那不是我使用的字眼 |
[15:51] | He has to leave to work with his father. | 他必须离开去和他父亲工作 |
[15:52] | l did. | 我必须这么做 |
[15:53] | If you want out, fine | 我想的是 如果你想分手 那好吧 |
[15:55] | Don’t tell me this insane story. | 但是别告诉我这个疯狂的故事 |
[15:57] | It was the truth. | 那是事实凯西 |
[15:58] | It didn’t sound insane the minute you thought l could help. | 当你认为我能帮忙的时候 听起来没有那么疯狂 |
[16:01] | I thought you just wanted to dump me. | 当时 我以为你要甩掉我 |
[16:03] | Whoa, let’s not forget who dumped who, okay? | 别忘了 当初谁甩的谁 |
[16:06] | l thought it’s what you wanted. | 我想你想让我这么做 |
[16:08] | Well, it wasn’t. | 我不想 |
[16:09] | I didn’t mean to hurt you. | 我不想伤害你 |
[16:11] | Well, you did. | 不过 你伤害了我 |
[16:12] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[16:12] | Yeah, me too. | 是的 我也是 |
[18:15] | We should fight more often. | 我们应该多吵架. – |
[18:17] | Absolutely. | 绝对 |
[18:21] | Actually, we were always pretty good at fighting. | 事实上 我们很擅长吵架 |
[18:24] | This we were good at. | 是的 我们很擅长 |
[18:28] | It’s all the other stuff, not so much. | 但是其他的事就不这样 |
[18:31] | Hey, I tried. | 嘿 我尽力了 |
[18:34] | told you who l really was. That was a big first for me. | 我告诉了你我是谁 那是我很大的进步 |
[18:38] | Why’d you tell me? | 你为什么要告诉我? |
[18:40] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:44] | I…. | 我… |
[18:45] | I guess I couldn’t lie to you. | 我猜我不想对你撒谎 |
[18:52] | Dean. | 迪恩 |
[18:54] | You told me that story… | 当你告诉我那个故事 |
[18:57] | it scared the hell out of me. | 你把我吓坏了 |
[18:59] | I thought you were nuts. Dangerous even. | 我当时以为你是一个傻瓜 还很危险 |
[19:03] | Actually… | 实际上 |
[19:07] | maybe l was looking for a reason to walk away. | 也许我当时在找一个离开的理由 |
[19:11] | In my work…I see some horrible things. | 在我工作时 我看到过很多恐怖的事 |
[19:17] | Things that can’t be explained. | 没法解释的事 |
[19:20] | I deal with them. | 我解决它们 |
[19:21] | But working things out with you? | 但是解决我们之间的事 |
[19:24] | l’m a scary one, all right. | 我很恐怖 是吗? |
[19:27] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[19:34] | Well, usually things get worked out… | 通常 如果你希望事情得到解决 |
[19:38] | when you really want them to. | 他们就会得到解决 |
[19:46] | Yeah, but l’m still really involved with my dad’s work. | 但是我非常关心我爸爸的工作 |
[19:52] | more excuses, okay? From you or me. | 不要再找借口了好吗?你我都不要 |
[19:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:15] | Yeah? | 好 |
[20:19] | You’re kidding. | 你在开玩笑 |
[20:26] | He’s with me. | 他和我是一起的 |
[20:29] | Where were you last night? | 你昨晚在哪? |
[20:32] | You didn’t make it back to the motel. | 你没有回汽车旅馆 |
[20:35] | Well…. | 没有 |
[20:36] | You guys worked things out? | 我想你们有进展了 |
[20:37] | We’ll be working things out when we’re 90. | 当我们90岁时 也许会的 |
[20:40] | So, what happened? | 发生什么事了? |
[20:41] | -Every bone crushed. Internal organs turned to pudding. | 每块骨头都粉碎了 内脏几乎成了布丁状 |
[20:43] | The cops are stumped. | 警察都被难住了 |
[20:45] | It’s like something ran him over. | 就像他被某物撞倒了 |
[20:47] | Something like a truck? | 比如卡车? |
[20:48] | Yep. | 是的 |
[20:49] | Tracks? | 没有痕迹? |
[20:49] | Nope. | 没有 |
[20:51] | What was the mayor doing here? | 市长在干什么? |
[20:53] | He owned the property. Bought it a few weeks ago. | 他有了一些财产 前几个星期购买的 |
[20:55] | But he’s white, doesn’t fit the pattern. | 是的 但是他是白人 不符合特征 |
[20:57] | Killings didn’t happen up on the road. | 谋杀不是发生在公路上 |
[20:58] | That doesn’t fit, either. | 这也不符合 |
[21:06] | Here. | 给 |
[21:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[21:09] | I’m trying to find some link between the ’60s and now. | 我正在找六十年代发生的谋杀之间的联系 |
[21:14] | There wasn’t a lot about it in the paper. | 报纸上没有太多的报道 |
[21:16] | Not surprising. Probably minimal police work too. | 并不惊奇 也许是警察的大事化小 小事化了的做法 |
[21:18] | Back then, equal justice under the law wasn’t too literal around here. | 当时 这儿的法律 没有过多的文书记录 |
[21:25] | Yeah? | 什么? |
[21:26] | The records…… | 法院的纪录记载 |
[21:28] | Show that Mr. Mayor bought an abandoned property. | 市长夫妇购买了一份被遗弃的财产 |
[21:30] | The previous owner was the Dorian family for, like, 150 years. | 先前的所有这是多利安一家 有150年了 |
[21:35] | Dorian? | 多利安? |
[21:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[21:36] | Didn’t the Dorian family used to own this paper? | 你不是说过多利安一家是报社的所有者? |
[21:38] | Along with most everything else. | 这所有的一切 |
[21:40] | Real pillars of the town. | 是这个小镇的栋梁 |
[21:43] | Right, right. | 对 对 |
[21:46] | That’s interesting. | 很有趣 |
[21:48] | What? | 什么? |
[21:50] | This Cyrus Dorian.He vanished in April of ’63. | 这个赛勒斯·多利安在63年4月失踪了 |
[21:53] | The case was investigated, but never solved. | 他们调查了这个案子 但是没有解决 |
[21:56] | That’s the time the murders were going on. | 那也是一系列谋杀案发生的时候 |
[21:58] | I pulled paper up on the Dorian place. Must’ve been in bad shape… | 我在多利安家里找到了一堆报纸 |
[22:00] | when the mayor bought it. | 当市长买那些财产的时候 当时这个地方一定很糟 |
[22:02] | Why? | 为什么这么说? |
[22:03] | The first thing he did was bulldoze. | 他做的第一件事就是平整了这片土地 |
[22:05] | Mayor Todd knocked down the place? | 托德市长拆了那个房子? |
[22:08] | It was a big deal. One of the oldest local houses left. | 那是一桩大买卖 那是小镇遗留下来的最老的房子之一 |
[22:11] | He made the front page. | 成了头版头条 |
[22:13] | You got a date? | 是在哪天发生的? |
[22:14] | Uh, the 3rd of last month. | 上月3号 |
[22:21] | Mayor Todd bulldozed the Dorian family home on the 3rd. | 托德市长 3号 拆了多利安的房子 |
[22:25] | The first killing was the very next day. | 第一起谋杀是在第二天 |
[23:50] | Dean. Dean! | 迪恩 |
[23:59] | Maybe you could throw a couple shots in that. | 也许你可以调查一下 |
[24:02] | You didn’t see who was driving the truck? | 你没有看见谁开卡车? |
[24:07] | It seemed to be no one. | 看起来没有人 |
[24:11] | Everything was moving so fast. | 一切变化得太快 |
[24:15] | And then it was just gone. | 然后它就消失了 |
[24:19] | Why didn’t it kill us? | 为什么它没有杀了我们? |
[24:20] | Whatever’s controlling the truck wants you afraid first. | 不管是什么控制着卡车 他想要让你害怕 |
[24:24] | Mrs. Robinson, Cassie said that your husband saw the truck. | 罗宾逊夫人 凯西说你的丈夫看见了卡车 |
[24:30] | Before he died. | 在他死之前 |
[24:32] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[24:34] | Mm hm. | 嗯 |
[24:36] | Oh, Martin was under a lot of stress. | 马丁当时压力很大 |
[24:39] | You can’t be sure about what he was seeing. | 你不能肯定他当时看到了什么 |
[24:41] | After tonight, we can be reasonably sure… | 今晚以后 我想我们有理由肯定 |
[24:43] | that he was seeing a truck. | 他看见的是一辆卡车 |
[24:45] | What happened tonight, you and Cassie are marked. | 今晚发生了的事说明 你和凯西被人盯上了 |
[24:49] | Okay? Your daughter could die. So if you know something… | 你的女儿会死的 所以如果你知道什么事情 |
[24:52] | now would be a good time to tell. | 现在告诉我们 这是非常恰当的时候 |
[24:54] | Dean | 迪恩… |
[24:55] | Yes. | 什么? |
[24:56] | Yes. He said he saw a truck. | 是的 他说他看见了卡车 |
[24:59] | Did he know who it belonged to? | 他说卡车是谁的了吗? |
[25:01] | He thought he did. | 他认为他知道 |
[25:02] | Who was that? | 是谁的? |
[25:06] | Cyrus. | 赛勒斯 |
[25:09] | A man named Cyrus. | 那个人叫赛勒斯 |
[25:15] | Is this Cyrus? | 这人是赛勒斯吗? |
[25:18] | Cyrus Dorian died more than 40 years ago. | 赛勒斯·多利安四十多年前就死了 |
[25:24] | How do you know he died, Mrs. Robinson? | 你怎么知道他死了 罗宾逊夫人? |
[25:29] | The paper said he went missing. | 报纸上说他失踪了 |
[25:31] | How do you know he died? | 你怎么知道他死了? |
[25:34] | We were all very young. | 我们当时都很年轻 |
[25:39] | I dated Cyrus a while. | 我和赛勒斯 约会了一阵子 |
[25:42] | I was also seeing Martin. In secret. | 我当时也偷偷地和马丁在一起 |
[25:45] | of course because interracial couples didn’t go over too well then. | 因为不同人种之间的结合结果都不是很好 |
[25:51] | When I broke it off with Cyrus and when he found out about Martin… | 我和赛勒斯 分手 当他发现马丁的事 |
[25:57] | l don’t know, he changed. | 我不知道… 他变了 |
[26:02] | s hatred. His hatred was frightening. | 他的愤怒 他的愤怒很令人害怕 |
[26:08] | The string of murders. | 关于一系列的谋杀 |
[26:10] | There were rumors. People of color disappearing into some kind of a truck. | 有谣言说 黑人失踪在一种能自动驾驶的卡车里 |
[26:18] | Nothing was ever done. | 关于这件事 人们并没有做什么 |
[26:26] | Martin and… | 马丁和… |
[26:29] | Martin and I | 马丁和我 |
[26:30] | We were gonna be married in that little church near here. | 从来都没有想要 在这附近的小教堂里结婚 |
[26:37] | But last minute, we decided to elope because | 但是 最后我们决定私奔 |
[26:40] | We didn’t want the attention. | 因为我们不想引起注意 |
[26:42] | And Cyrus…? | 赛勒斯呢? |
[26:50] | The day we set for the wedding… | 我们决定的婚期 |
[26:55] | Was the day someone set fire to the church. | 就是教堂起火的那天 |
[27:09] | There was a children’s choir practicing in there. | 那有个儿童唱诗班在那儿练习 |
[27:16] | They all died. | 他们都死了 |
[27:22] | Did the attacks stop after that? | 袭击事件就此停止了吗? |
[27:24] | No. There was one more. | 没有 还有一件 |
[27:30] | One night, that truck came for Martin. | 一天晚上 卡车来找马丁 |
[27:35] | Cyrus beat him something terrible. | 赛勒斯狠狠地打他 |
[27:44] | But Martin, you see, Martin got loose. | 但是马丁 他解脱出来 |
[27:47] | And he started hitting Cyrus… | 开始打赛勒斯 |
[27:50] | and he just kept hitting him and hitting him and…. | 他一直不停的打他. – |
[28:06] | Why didn’t he call the cops? | 你为什么不叫警察? |
[28:12] | This was 40 years ago. | 那是40年前的事了 |
[28:15] | He called on his friends… | 他召来了他的朋友 |
[28:18] | Clayton Soames and Jimmy Anderson. | 克莱顿和吉米 |
[28:21] | And they put Cyrus’ body into the truck… | 他们把赛勒斯的尸体放进了卡车 |
[28:24] | and rolled it into the swamp at the edge of his land… | 然后把车推进了土地边缘的沼泽 |
[28:29] | and all three of them kept that secret all these years. | 这么多年来 他们守口如瓶 |
[28:38] | And now all three are gone. | 现在他们三个都死了 |
[28:39] | So is Mayor Todd. | 托德市长也死了 |
[28:42] | Now, he said that you of all people would know | 他说 你是这么多人中最清楚 |
[28:45] | He’s not a racist. | 他不是种族主义者 |
[28:47] | Why would he say that? | 为什么他要这么说? |
[28:48] | He was a good man. | 他是个好人 |
[28:49] | He was a young deputy back then… | 当时他是个年轻的副官 |
[28:52] | investigating Cyrus’ disappearance. | 调查赛勒斯的失踪案 |
[28:54] | Once he figured out what Martin and the others had done… | 当他发现马丁和其他的人都干了些什么 |
[29:04] | He did nothing. | 他什么也没做 |
[29:07] | Because he also knew what Cyrus had done. | 因为他也知道赛勒斯都做了些什么 |
[29:14] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 为什么你没有告诉我? |
[29:15] | I thought l was protecting them. | 我觉得我在保护他们 |
[29:20] | And now there’s no one left to protect. | 现在没有人需要我袒护了 |
[29:25] | Yes, there is. | 当然有 |
[29:36] | Ah, my life was so simple. | 我的生活很简单 |
[29:38] | Just school, exams… | 只是上学 考试 |
[29:42] | papers on polycentric cultural norms. | 多中心文化规范的论文 |
[29:46] | I guess I saved you from a boring existence. | 所以 我猜我把你从无聊的生活中解救出来 |
[29:50] | Yeah. Occasionally, l miss boring. | 偶尔我还会想念无聊的生活 |
[29:54] | So this killer truck…. | 那么 这杀人卡车 |
[29:55] | I miss conversations that didn’t start with “this killer truck.” | 我真希望对话不是以杀人卡车开头 |
[29:59] | Ah… | 啊… |
[30:02] | All right, so this Cyrus guy. Yeah. | 好吧 这个叫赛勒斯的人 |
[30:04] | Evil on a level that infected even his truck. | 从某种角度讲他很邪恶 甚至影响了他的卡车 |
[30:07] | When he died, the swamp became his tomb… | 当他死了 沼泽成了他的坟墓 |
[30:10] | and his spirit was dormant for 40 years. | 他的灵魂隐匿了40年 |
[30:12] | So, what woke it up? | 那么什么唤醒了他? |
[30:14] | The construction on his house. Or the destruction. | 他的房子的修建或者损坏 |
[30:16] | Right. | 对了 |
[30:17] | Demolition or remodeling can awaken spirits. | 破坏或者重新改造能唤醒灵魂 |
[30:20] | Make them restless.Mm hm. | 让它们不得安宁 |
[30:22] | Like that theater in lllinois? | 就像伊利诺斯州的歌剧院一样 |
[30:24] | Yup. | 是的 |
[30:26] | And the guy who tears down the family homestead. | 推倒家宅的人 |
[30:28] | , Harold Todd is | 哈罗德·托德就是那个 |
[30:29] | The same guy that kept Cyrus’ murder quiet and unsolved. | 对赛勒斯的凶杀案保持沉默 并且没有解决那个案子的人 |
[30:33] | So now his spirit is awakened and out for blood. | 所以他的灵魂被唤醒 出来进行血腥的谋杀 |
[30:36] | I guess. Who knows what ghosts are thinking. | 这是我的想法 谁知道鬼魂是怎么想的 |
[30:38] | You know we’re gonna have to dredge that body up from the swamp. | 我们要把尸体从沼泽里挖出来 |
[30:42] | Man. | 伙计 |
[30:43] | You said it. | 你竟然这么说了 |
[30:45] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:46] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[30:47] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[30:48] | She’s asleep. | 她睡着了 |
[30:50] | Now what? | 现在怎么办? |
[30:52] | Well, you stay put and look after her… | 你要保持清醒 看护着她 |
[30:53] | and we’ll be back. Don’t leave the house. | 我们会回来 别离开房子 |
[30:56] | Don’t go getting all authoritative on me. | 别命令我 |
[30:58] | I hate it. | 我最恨这样 |
[31:00] | Don’t leave the house, please? | 请别离开房子 |
[31:15] | You coming or what? | 你来不来? |
[31:23] | All right. Let’s get her up. | 好 我们现在把它拉上来 |
[31:28] | All right. | 在上来点儿 |
[31:30] | Little more. Little more. | 在上来点儿 |
[31:33] | Little more. | 在上来点儿 |
[31:36] | All right, stop. | 好 停 |
[31:45] | Nice. | 很好 |
[31:47] | Hell, yeah. | 是啊 |
[31:49] | Now l know what she sees in you. | 现在我知道她看上你什么了 |
[31:50] | What? | 什么? |
[31:51] | Come on, admit it. You’re still in love with her. | 你可以承认 你还爱着她 |
[31:54] | Aw, could we focus, please? | 我们集中精神好吗? |
[31:55] | I’m just saying, Dean. | 我只是说说迪恩 |
[31:57] | -Hold that. – All right. | – 拿着那个 – 好的 |
[31:58] | What am l getting? | 我拿着什么呢? |
[32:01] | Gas, flashlight. | 瓦斯手电筒 |
[32:02] | Got it. | 拿到了 |
[32:02] | -Let’s get this done. – All right. | – 我们把它拉上来 – 好 |
[32:23] | All right, let’s get to it. | 好吧 我们开始干吧 |
[32:40] | Think that’ll do it? | 这样就行了吗? |
[32:49] | I guess not. | 我想不行 |
[32:57] | So burning the body had no effect? | 烧了尸体就对那东西没有影响吗? |
[32:59] | -Sure it did. – Now it’s really pissed. | – 当然有 – 现在它很愤怒 |
[33:01] | -But Cyrus’ ghost is gone. – right? | – 但是赛勒斯灵魂已经走了 是吗 迪恩?- 没错 |
[33:03] | Not the part that’s fused with the truck. | 很显然不是控制着卡车的那部分 |
[33:05] | Where are you going? | 你去哪? |
[33:07] | -For a little ride. – What? – Lead that thing away. | – 去兜风 – 什么?- 把那东西带走 |
[33:09] | That piece of crap, burn it. | 那个生锈的骰子 你最好烧了它 |
[33:11] | -How am l supposed to burn it? – l don’t know. | 我怎么烧一个骰子 迪恩? |
[33:13] | Figure something out. | 我不知道 自己想办法 |
[33:15] | Figure something…? | 想办法 |
[33:56] | -Give me a minute. – l don’t have a minute.What are we doing? | – 嘿 你得给我点时间 – 我们没有时间了 你在做什么? |
[33:59] | Uh, let me get back to you. | 一会在和你说 |
[34:04] | Hey, Cassie? Hey, it’s Sam. | 嘿 卡西?嘿 这是萨姆 |
[34:06] | Okay, l need some information and it has to be exactly right. | 我需要你告诉我一些事情 必须要准确 |
[34:12] | -All right. – This better be good. | – 好吧 迪恩 – 这最好变得顺利点 |
[34:14] | Where are you? | 你在哪? |
[34:15] | The middle of nowhere with a killer truck on my ass. | 我在半路上 在杀人卡车里 |
[34:18] | It knows l put the torch to Cyrus. | 它好像知道我烧了赛勒斯的尸体 |
[34:20] | Listen. lt’s important. | 迪恩听着 这很重要 |
[34:22] | I have to know exactly where you are. | 我必须知道你确切的位置 |
[34:23] | Decatur Road, about two miles off the highway. | 迪凯特大街 离高速公路两英里 |
[34:25] | Okay. Headed east? | 向东行驶? |
[34:26] | Yes! | 是的 |
[34:33] | You son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[34:35] | Okay, turn right. Up ahead, turn right. | 向右拐 向右 向右拐 |
[34:43] | You make the turn? | 你转弯了吗? |
[34:45] | I made it. | 是的 我转弯了 |
[34:46] | Move this thing along a little faster. | 把那个东西再开快点 |
[34:48] | You see a road up ahead? | 你看见前面有一条路? |
[34:49] | No. Wait. | 没有 |
[34:51] | Yes. I see it. | 等等 是的 我看见了 |
[34:52] | Okay, turn left. | 好 左转 |
[34:53] | What? | 什么? |
[35:02] | All right. Now what? | 好吧 现在怎么办? |
[35:03] | Go seven tenths of a mile and stop. | 精确行驶0. -7英里然后停下 |
[35:05] | Stop? | 停下 |
[35:06] | DeanExactly seven-tenths, Dean. | 精确的 7/10英里 |
[35:08] | 7/10 7/10 Seven-tenths, seven-tenths. | |
[35:41] | Dean, you still there? | 迪恩你还在吗? |
[35:43] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[35:43] | What’s happening? | 发生什么事了? |
[35:44] | It’s staring at me. What do I do? | 它正在盯着我 我该怎么做? |
[35:46] | -What you are doing. – Bringing it to you. | – 做你正在做的事 – 把它引过来 |
[35:49] | Yeah. | 什么 |
[36:07] | Come on. Come on. | 加油 加油 |
[36:30] | Dean? You still there? | 你还在吗?Dean? |
[36:32] | Dean. | 迪恩? |
[36:36] | Where did it go? | 它去哪了? |
[36:38] | Dean, you’re where the church was. | 迪恩 你正在教堂的位置 |
[36:41] | What church? | 什么教堂? |
[36:42] | The place Cyrus burned down. Murdered those kids. | 赛勒斯烧的地方 杀了所有的孩子 |
[36:45] | There’s not a lot left. | 没有留下什么东西 |
[36:47] | Church ground is hallowed. | 教堂的土地是神圣的 |
[36:48] | Whether the church is there or not. | 不管教堂是否还在 |
[36:50] | Evil spirits cross over hallowed ground. | 邪恶的灵魂在神圣的土地周围盘旋 |
[36:52] | Sometimes they’re destroyed. | 有时候他们被损坏了 |
[36:53] | So l figured maybe that would get rid of it. | 所以我想那也许能除掉他 |
[36:59] | Maybe? | 也许 |
[37:01] | What if you were wrong? Huh. | 万一你是错的呢? |
[37:05] | Honestly, that thought hadn’t occurred to me. | 说实话 我从来没这么想过 |
[37:12] | “Well, it honestly didn’t occur to me.” | 说实话 我从来没遇到这种事 |
[37:20] | I’m gonna kill him. | 我要杀了他 |
[37:32] | My mother says to tell you thanks again. | 我妈妈说再次谢谢你 |
[37:40] | This is a better goodbye than last time. | 这比上次的再见要好得多 |
[37:42] | Yeah, well, maybe this time it’ll be a little less permanent. | 也许这次离别 没有那么久 |
[37:47] | u know what? I’m a realist. | 你知道吗?我是个现实主义者 |
[37:52] | I don’t see much hope for us, Dean. | 我认为我们之间没有希望 Dean |
[37:58] | Well, l’ve seen stranger things happen. | 我见过一些人 他们彼此是陌生人 |
[38:02] | Hell of a lot stranger. | 但是他们最后走到了一起 |
[38:08] | Goodbye, Dean. | 再见 迪恩 |
[38:11] | I’ll see you, Cassie. | 我会再见到你的cassie |
[38:14] | I will. | 我会的 |
[39:08] | I like her. | 我喜欢她 |
[39:10] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[39:14] | You meet someone like her. | 你见到过像她一样的女孩吗? |
[39:16] | ever make you wonder | 我一直在想 |
[39:18] | If it’s worth it putting everything else on hold, doing what we do? | 我们为了我们的工作付出这么多 值得吗? |
[39:36] | Why don’t you wake me up when it’s my turn to drive? | 当轮到我开车的时候叫醒我? |