时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | All right! I’m moving my infantry division. | 好吧 我要调动我的步兵师 |
[00:06] | Augmented by battalion of orcs from lord of the rings. | 从指环王里的兽人营加过来的 |
[00:09] | We flank the tennessee volunteers | 我们从侧翼包围了田纳西的志愿兵 |
[00:11] | And the north, once again, wins the battle of gettysburg. | 而在北方 我们又一次赢得了葛底斯堡战役 |
[00:14] | Not so fast! | 没这么快! |
[00:15] | Remember, the south still has two infantry divisions, | 别忘了 南方还有两个步兵师 |
[00:17] | Plus superman and godzilla. | 再加上超人和哥斯拉 |
[00:20] | No, orcs are magic. superman is vulnerable to magic. | 不 兽人会魔法 超人对魔法无能为力 |
[00:24] | Not to mention you already lost godzilla to the illinois cavalry and hulk. | 更何况你的哥斯拉已经输给了伊利诺伊骑兵和绿巨人 |
[00:28] | Why don’t you just let robert e lee. | 为什么你不让罗伯特·李(美国南北战争南军统帅) |
[00:30] | charge the line with shiva and ganesh? | 还有希瓦和伽内喜来统领这一线? |
[00:33] | -you guys ready to order? -hang on, honey. | -你们准备好点菜了吗 -稍等 亲爱的 |
[00:35] | Shiva and ganesh, | 希瓦和伽内喜? |
[00:36] | The hindu gods, against the entire union army? | 你要用印度教的神来对抗整个北方部队? |
[00:39] | And orcs. | 还有兽人 |
[00:41] | I’ll be back. | 我马上回来 |
[00:42] | Excuse me. | 各位 |
[00:43] | Ganesh is the remover of obstacles and shiva is the destroyer. | 伽内喜能扫除一切障碍 而希瓦能摧毁一切 |
[00:46] | When the smoke clears, abraham lincoln will be speaking hindi | 当浓烟散尽 亚伯拉罕·林肯会一边说印度语 |
[00:49] | And drinking mint juleps. | 一边喝着薄荷朱丽浦 |
[00:51] | My boss says you have to either order or leave and never come back. | 我老板说要么点菜 要么出去再也别回来 |
[00:55] | What do you recommend for someone who worked up a man-sized appetite | 对于一位胃口巨大且刚结束晨间力量训练 |
[00:58] | From a morning of weight training and cardio funk? | 和有氧热舞的人 你有什么推荐? |
[01:00] | A shower. | 冲个澡 |
[01:02] | I’ll take the heart smart platter. | 我要慧心拼盘 |
[01:05] | All right, thank you, and sheldon? | 好的 谢谢 谢尔顿呢 |
[01:07] | We don’t eat here. I don’t know what’s good. | 我们没在这里吃过 我不清楚哪个好 |
[01:10] | -it’s all good. -statistically unlikely. | -都不错 -从统计学来说不太可能 |
[01:13] | Just get a hamburger. you like hamburgers. | 就要个汉堡吧 你喜欢吃汉堡的 |
[01:15] | I like hamburgers where we usually have them. | 平常我们吃的那些地方的汉堡我喜欢 |
[01:17] | You can’t make the assumption that I’ll like them here. | 但你不能假定说这里的我也喜欢 |
[01:21] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[01:22] | -give him a hamburger. -which one? | -给他来个汉堡 -哪一种 |
[01:24] | The classic burger, the ranch house burger, | 至尊汉堡 乡村汉堡 |
[01:26] | The barbecue burger, or the kobe burger? | 烧烤汉堡 还是科比汉堡 |
[01:28] | Can’t we just go to big boy? | 我们去”大块头”吃吧 |
[01:30] | They only have one burger… the big boy. | 他们那只有一种汉堡…”大块头” |
[01:33] | The barbecue burger’s like the big boy. | 烧烤汉堡和”大块头”差不多 |
[01:35] | Excuse me, in a world that already includes a big boy, | 不好意思 既然这个世界上已经有了”大块头” |
[01:37] | Why would I settle for something like a big boy? | 我为什么还要找个像”大块头”的 |
[01:40] | Because you’re not at big boy! | 因为你不在”大块头”! |
[01:43] | -fine, I’ll have the barbecue burger. -make it two. | -好 我要个烧烤汉堡 -来两个 |
[01:46] | Waitresses don’t yell at you at big boy. | “大块头”里的女服务生从来不对人嚷嚷 |
[01:49] | Hey, leonard. hi, guys. | 好 里奥纳德 大家好 |
[01:51] | Hi, leslie. | 好 莱斯莉 |
[01:52] | I didn’t know you ate here. | 我不知道你在这里吃的啊 |
[01:54] | We don’t. this is a disturbing aberration. | 我们不是 这次是令人不快的失误 |
[01:56] | Leslie, this is penny. | 莱斯莉 这位是潘妮 |
[01:57] | She lives across the hall from sheldon and me. | 她就住我和谢尔顿楼道对面 |
[01:59] | And walks in quiet beauty like the night. | 并且走起路来如夜一般安静和美丽 |
[02:03] | Howard, I’ve asked you not to do that. | 霍华德 我已经让你不要这样了 |
[02:06] | Leslie and I do research together at the university. | 我和莱斯莉在大学里一起搞研究的 |
[02:09] | Wow, a girl scientist. | 女科学家啊 |
[02:11] | Yep, come for the breasts, stay for the brains. | 没错 勾人靠胸部 留人靠头脑啊 |
[02:15] | Glad I ran into you. | 真高兴撞到了你 |
[02:16] | The physics department string quartet needs a new cellist. | 物理系弦乐四重奏需要一个新的大提琴手 |
[02:18] | What happened to elliot wong? | 艾利奥特·王呢 |
[02:20] | He switched over to high-energy radiation research, | 他转去研究高能量辐射 |
[02:22] | Had a little mishap, and now the other guys | 出了一点事 现在谁坐到他旁边 |
[02:24] | Are uncomfortable sitting next to him. | 都会感到有点不舒服 |
[02:26] | -you’re in? -yeah, sure, why not? | -你来吗 -好啊 干吗不来 |
[02:29] | Great, we rehearse on tuesdays at your place. | 好极了 我们周二到你那儿排练 |
[02:31] | Why at my place? | 为什么来我那儿 |
[02:32] | Department of energy said our regular space is kind of a hot zone. | 能源系说我们平常待的地方基本可以算是个断字区 |
[02:36] | -nice meeting you. -yeah, you, too. | -很高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[02:38] | Leonard. I didn’t know you played the cello. | 里奥纳德 我不知道你还会拉大提琴啊 |
[02:41] | Yeah, my parents felt that naming me leonard | 是的 我父母嫌给我取名为里奥纳德 |
[02:43] | And putting me in advanced placement classes | 并把我扔进大学先修班(考试合格大学可不再修读) |
[02:45] | Wasn’t getting me beaten up enough. | 还不够把我给打倒 |
[02:48] | If you’re into music, I happen to be a human beatbox. | 如果你钟情音乐 我正好擅长口技 |
[02:51] | Really? | 真的? |
[02:59] | I’m actually not that into music. | 事实上我不那么钟情音乐 |
[03:02] | Your friend’s really cute. | 你朋友很不错啊 |
[03:03] | Anything going on with you two? | 你们俩之间有发生什么吗 |
[03:06] | Leslie? | 你说莱斯莉? |
[03:07] | No, no. | 不 不会 |
[03:08] | -what, are you kidding? -he asked her out once. | -开什么玩笑 -他曾经约过她 |
[03:10] | It was an embarrassing failure. | 不过尴尬地失败了 |
[03:13] | -thank you, sheldon. -i’m sorry. | -谢谢 谢尔顿 -抱歉 |
[03:14] | Was that supposed to be a secret? | 这应该保密吗 |
[03:17] | That’s too bad. you guys’d make a cute couple. | 那太糟了 你们能成为挺般配的一对 |
[03:22] | Oh, dear. | 天啊 |
[03:23] | -what’s the matter? -she didn’t take my order. | -什么事 -她没有让我点 |
[03:25] | How can she take your order when you’re too neurotic to talk to her? | 你那么神经质都不能跟她说话 你叫她怎么让你点 |
[03:29] | Nevertheless, this will be reflected in her tip. | 不管怎样 这会反映在她的小费里 |
[03:35] | What did penny mean, “you’d make a cute couple?” | 潘妮说”你们能成为挺般配的一对”是什么意思 |
[03:38] | I assume she meant the two of you together | 我估计她是说如果你们两个 |
[03:40] | Would constitute a couple that others might consider cute. | 走到一起成为一对 别人会觉得挺般配 |
[03:45] | An alternate and somewhat less likely interpretation | 或者还有种可能性比较小的解释是 |
[03:47] | Is that you could manufacture one. | 你们能制造出很般配的一对(原话里make也可解释为制造) |
[03:51] | As in, “look, leonard and leslie made mr. and mrs. goldfarb. | 就像在这句里”看 里奥纳德和莱斯莉制造了高德法布夫妇 |
[03:54] | Aren’t they adorable?” | 他们是不是很可爱” |
[03:56] | If penny didn’t know that leslie had turned me down, | 如果潘妮不知道莱斯莉拒绝过我 |
[03:58] | Then it would unambiguously mean | 那她的话很明确是意思说 |
[04:00] | That she, penny, thought I should ask her, leslie, out, | 她(潘妮)认为我应该约她(莱斯莉) |
[04:03] | Indicating that she penny had no interest in me asking her, penny, out. | 那就表明她(潘妮)对我约她(潘妮)完全没有兴趣 |
[04:06] | But, because she did know that I had asked leslie out | 但是 因为她知道我曾经约过莱斯莉 |
[04:09] | And that she, leslie, had turned me down, then she, penny, | 而她(莱斯莉)拒绝了我 那她(潘妮) |
[04:11] | Could be offering consolation. | 可能是在安慰我 |
[04:15] | “that’s too bad, you would have made a cute couple,” | “那太糟了 你们应该能成为挺般配的一对” |
[04:18] | but while thinking “good, leonard remains available.” | 但同时在想 “很好 里奥纳德还是单身” |
[04:24] | You’re a lucky man, leonard. | 你真的很幸运 里奥纳德 |
[04:28] | -how so? -you’re talking to one of the three men | -怎么说 -你倾诉的对象是西半球 |
[04:30] | In the western hemisphere capable of following that train of thought. | 三个有能力跟得上你思路的人之一 |
[04:34] | Well, what do you think? | 那你怎么看? |
[04:36] | I said I could follow it. I didn’t say I care. | 我说我跟得上 没说我关心 |
[05:09] | I admire your fingering. | 你的指法令人称赞 |
[05:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:15] | Maybe sometime you can try that on my instrument. | 或许什么时候你可以在我的乐器上试试 |
[05:27] | -g’night, guys. good job. -thanks. | -晚安 伙计们 干得不错 -谢谢 |
[05:28] | See you next week. | 下周见 |
[05:30] | -that was fun. thanks for including me. -you’re welcome. | -很有意思 谢谢你叫上我 -不客气 |
[05:33] | If you’re up for it, we could practice that middle section again. | 如果你还有兴趣 我们可以把中间部分再练一遍 |
[05:37] | Sure, why not? | 好啊 |
[05:44] | Just so we’re clear, you understand | 为了表达地清楚些 |
[05:46] | That me hanging back to practice with you | 你知道我留下来陪你练习只是托词 |
[05:48] | Is a pretext for letting you know that I’m sexually available. | 我是想让你知道你可以和我发生关系 |
[05:58] | Really? | 你说真的? |
[05:59] | Yeah, I’m good to go. | 是 我已经准备好了 |
[06:02] | I thought you weren’t interested in me. | 我以为你对我没兴趣的 |
[06:04] | That was before I saw you handling | 那是因为之前我没见过你是怎么 |
[06:05] | That beautiful piece of wood between your legs. | 把弄你两腿间那美丽的木头的 |
[06:10] | You mean my cello? | 你是说大提琴? |
[06:12] | No, I mean the obvious, crude, double entendre. | 不 我是说那个很明显的 粗俗的双关 |
[06:14] | I’m seducing you. | 我正在色诱你 |
[06:18] | No kidding. | 开玩笑吧 |
[06:20] | What can I say? I’m a passionate and impulsive woman. | 该怎么说呢 我是个有激情又冲动的女人 |
[06:24] | So how about it? | 你觉得如何 |
[06:26] | Gee. uh… | 天… |
[06:28] | Is it the waitress? | 是因为那个服务生? |
[06:30] | Penny? | 潘妮? |
[06:31] | What about her? | 她怎么了 |
[06:32] | I thought I saw your pupils dilate when you looked at her. | 你看着她时我好像发现你的瞳孔放大了 |
[06:35] | Which, unless you’re a heroin addict, points to sexual attraction. | 除非你是吸毒上瘾 否则那就是由于性吸引了 |
[06:39] | I did have a poppy seed bagel for breakfast. | 我早饭的确吃了罂粟子面包圈 |
[06:42] | Which could cause a positive urine test for opiates, | 鸦片成分可能引起尿检呈阳性 |
[06:45] | But certainly not dilate my pupils. | 但肯定不至于瞳孔放大 |
[06:47] | So I guess there was no point in bringing it up. | 因此我感觉好像没必要说这些 |
[06:50] | You and the waitress then. | 那么你是和那位服务生 |
[06:52] | No… no. | 不…没有 |
[06:53] | There’s nothing going on between penny and me. | 我和潘妮之间没有任何事情发生 |
[06:56] | So you’re open to a sexual relationship? | 所以说你现在是可以发展一段性关系了? |
[07:00] | Yeah, yeah, I guess I am. | 是 是 我想是的 |
[07:02] | -good. -yeah, it is. it is good. | -好啊 -是 很好 |
[07:07] | Did you want to start now? | 你现在就想开始吗 |
[07:09] | Why don’t we finish the section first? | 我们先完成这一段吧 |
[07:12] | A little musical foreplay. terrific. | 来点音乐作为前戏 好极了 |
[07:36] | I’m good to go. | 我准备好了 |
[07:37] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[07:50] | Hey, sheldon. what’s going on? | 是谢尔顿啊 有什么事 |
[07:52] | I need your opinion on a matter of semiotics. | 我有个符号学的问题想问问你 |
[07:55] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[07:56] | Semiotics. the study of signs and symbols. | 符号学 是研究符号和标记的科学 |
[07:59] | It’s a branch of philosophy related to linguistics. | 是一门与语言学相关的哲学分支 |
[08:03] | Okay, sweetie, I know you think you’re explaing yourself, | 亲爱的 我明白你认为你有在解释 |
[08:07] | But you’re really not. | 但你真的没有 |
[08:11] | Just come with me. | 跟我来就是了 |
[08:17] | -well? -well, what? | -说 -说 说什么? |
[08:19] | What does it mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[08:22] | Oh, come on, you went to college. | 得了 你可上过大学啊 |
[08:24] | Yes, but I was 11. | 没错 可我那时才11岁 |
[08:28] | All right, look, a tie on the doorknob usually means | 好吧 看 门把上挂一条领带通常是说 |
[08:30] | Someone doesn’t want to be disturbed | 里面的人不想被打扰 |
[08:32] | Because, they’re… you know, gettin’ busy. | 因为 他们…正在忙 |
[08:37] | So you’re saying leonard has a girl in there? | 你是说里奥纳德和一个女孩在里面? |
[08:39] | Well, either that or he’s lost his tie rack | 要么是如此 要么就是他的领带架掉了 |
[08:42] | And gotten really into bryan adams. | 并且他真的钟情于布莱恩·亚当斯 |
[08:45] | Oh, leonard, you magnificent beast. | 里奥纳德 你真是头猛兽 |
[08:50] | We really shouldn’t be standing here. | 我们真的不该站在这儿了 |
[08:55] | This is very awkward. | 真是尴尬 |
[08:57] | Oh, come on, leonard’s had girls over before, right? | 不会吧 里奥纳德以前也带女孩子回来过的 是吧 |
[09:01] | Yes, but there’s usually planning, courtship, advance notice… | 是 但通常总是计划好 奉承我一番 并且事先通知 |
[09:05] | Last time, | 上一次 |
[09:06] | I was able to book a cruise to the arctic to see a solar eclipse. | 我订到了去北冰洋的航船 在那里看日食 |
[09:11] | You had to leave the state because your roommate was having sex? | 因为你的室友要做爱 你就得离开整个国土? |
[09:15] | I didn’t have to. the dates just happened to coincide. | 没有 是日期刚好碰上 |
[09:20] | So, do you know who’s in there? | 那么 你知道里面是谁吗 |
[09:24] | Well, there’s leonard. | 里面有里奥纳德 |
[09:29] | And he’s either with Leslie Winkle or a 1930s gangster. | 其次他要么是和莱斯莉·温克尔 要么就是和30年代的黑帮 |
[09:36] | Good for him. | 不错啊 |
[09:39] | Good for Leonard. | 恭喜里奥纳德 |
[09:42] | Okay, g’night. | 好 晚安 |
[09:43] | No, no, wait, hold on. | 不 等等 慢点 |
[09:45] | What’s the matter? | 有什么事? |
[09:47] | I don’t know what the protocol is here. | 我不知道接下去的程序是怎么样的 |
[09:50] | Do I stay? Do I leave? | 我该留在这儿 还是该离开这儿 |
[09:52] | Do I wait to greet them with a refreshing beverage? | 还是该等着拿杯清爽的饮料迎接他们 |
[09:57] | Gee, Sheldon. You’re asking the wrong girl. | 天哪 谢尔顿 你问错人了 |
[09:59] | I’m usually on the other side of the tie. | 我通常在领带的另一边 |
[10:22] | Hi, Leonard? | 好啊 里奥纳德 |
[10:27] | It’s me, Sheldon… | 是我 谢尔顿… |
[10:32] | In the living room. | 我在客厅 |
[10:34] | I just… I wanted you to know I saw the tie. | 我…只是想告诉你我看到领带了 |
[10:36] | Message received. | 信号收到了 |
[10:41] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[10:44] | You carry on. | 你继续 |
[10:46] | Give my best to Leslie. | 代我向莱斯莉问好 |
[11:26] | Big boy… | “大块头” |
[11:52] | Someone touched my board. | 有人动过我的板 |
[11:57] | Oh, god, my board! | 天哪 我的板! |
[12:02] | Leonard! Leonard! | 里奥纳德 里奥纳德 |
[12:05] | Hey, what’s the matter? | 发生什么事了 |
[12:07] | My equations, someone’s tampered with my equations. | 我的方程式 有人动了我的方程式 |
[12:10] | -Are you sure? -Of course I am. | -你确定? -我当然确定 |
[12:11] | Look at the beta function of quantum chromodynamics. | 看这个量子色动力学的贝塔函数 |
[12:13] | The sign’s been changed. | 符号变掉了 |
[12:16] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[12:17] | But doesn’t that fix the problem you’ve been having? | 不过那不是正好解决了你搞不懂的问题? |
[12:20] | Are you insane? are you out of your mind? | 你疯掉了? 你是不是脑子错乱了? |
[12:22] | Are you–look! | 你… 看! |
[12:23] | That fixes the problem I’ve been having. | 这正好解决了我搞不懂的问题 |
[12:27] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[12:30] | You did this? | 这是你干的? |
[12:32] | Yeah. I noticed it when I got up to get a glass of water. so I fixed it. | 是 我过去拿水喝的时候注意到了 所以就改了下 |
[12:35] | Now you can show that quarks are asymptotically free at high energies. | 现在你能证明夸克在高能态下的渐进自由了 (04年诺贝尔物理学奖理论) |
[12:38] | Pretty cool, huh? | 很酷吧 |
[12:42] | “cool”? | “酷”? |
[12:44] | Listen, I’ve got to get to the lab. thanks for a great night. | 这样 我得先去实验室了 昨晚很美妙 谢谢 |
[12:49] | Thank you. I’ll see you at work. | 谢谢 待会学校见 |
[12:51] | Hold on. hold on! | 慢点 慢点! |
[12:53] | -what? -who told you you could touch my board? | -怎么? -谁告诉你可以随便动我板了 |
[12:56] | No one. | 没有人 |
[12:57] | I don’t come into your house and touch your board. | 我可不会到你房间去动你的板 |
[12:59] | There are no incorrect equations on my board. | 因为我的板上不会有错误的方程式 |
[13:06] | Oh, that is so… | 你真是太… |
[13:07] | So… | 太… |
[13:11] | Sorry, I’ve got to run. if you come up with an adjective, text me. | 抱歉 我赶时间 如果你想到了形容词 发消息给我 |
[13:18] | Inconsiderate. | 不顾他人的 |
[13:19] | That is the adjective, “inconsiderate. “ | 就是这个词 “不顾他人的” |
[13:23] | You can stare at your board all day, sheldon. she’s still going to be right. | 你可以一整天都盯着那块板 谢尔顿 可她还是正确的 |
[13:26] | I’m not staring, I’m mulling. | 我没有盯着看 我在闭目沉思呢 |
[13:28] | -Hey, Leonard. -Hi | -好啊 里奥纳德 -你好 |
[13:31] | So… | 你… |
[13:32] | How’s it going? | 干得怎么样啊 |
[13:37] | Pretty good. | 还不错 |
[13:39] | Just pretty good? I’d think you were doing very good. | 只是还不错? 我觉得是非常不错 |
[13:44] | Pretty, very… there’s really no objective scale | “还” “非常” 其实没有什么客观尺度 |
[13:47] | For delineating variations of “good.” why do you ask? | 来划定”不错”的程度 你为什么问? |
[13:51] | Well, a little bird told me | 有只小鸟告诉我说 |
[13:52] | That you and Leslie hooked up last night. | 你和莱斯莉昨晚搞上了 |
[13:56] | Sheldon! | 谢尔顿! |
[13:59] | I’m coming. | 来了 |
[14:00] | So, is it serious? do you like her? | 那么 你是认真的吗 你喜欢她? |
[14:03] | I don’t… | 我不… |
[14:06] | That’s really two different questions. | 这是两个非常不同的问题 |
[14:08] | I’m not… | 我… |
[14:09] | Sheldon, we have to go! | 谢尔顿 我们得走了! |
[14:11] | You’re wound awfully tight for a man who’s just had sexual intercourse. | 对一个刚进行过性交的人来说 你实在是出奇地紧张啊 |
[14:17] | All right, I’ll talk to you later, but I am so happy for you, Leonard. | 好了 以后再说 不过我为你感到高兴 里奥纳德 |
[14:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:27] | What did she mean she’s happy for me? | 她为我感到高兴是什么意思? |
[14:30] | Is she happy because I’m seeing someone? | 因为我有了约会她感到高兴? |
[14:31] | Or is she happy because she thinks that I am happy? | 或是她认为我很高兴 所以她感到高兴? |
[14:34] | Because anyone who cared for someone would want them to be happy. | 因为任何人如果关心某人都想要那人高兴 |
[14:36] | Even if the reason for their happiness made the first person unhappy. | 即使是那人高兴的理由让前者感到并不高兴 |
[14:41] | Because the second person, though happy, | 因为后者 虽然高兴 |
[14:43] | Is now romantically unavailable to the first person. | 但却和前者再无发展浪漫关系的可能了 |
[14:47] | Do you realize I may have to share a nobel prize with your booty call? | 你有意识到我可能要和你那位”应招小姐”分享诺贝尔奖了吗 |
[14:54] | You know what? | 你猜我怎么想 |
[14:56] | I’m being ridiculous. | 我真是太荒唐了 |
[14:58] | Who cares what penny thinks? | 我管潘妮她是怎么想 |
[15:00] | Leslie is a terrific girl. she’s attractive. | 莱斯莉是个很好的女孩 她有魅力 |
[15:03] | We like each other. she’s extremely intelligent… | 我们喜欢彼此 她惊人得聪明… |
[15:05] | -she’s not that intelligent. -she fixed your equation. | -她没那么聪明 -她解决了你的方程式 |
[15:09] | -she got lucky. -you don’t believe in luck. | -她走运而已 -你可从不相信运气的 |
[15:11] | I don’t have to believe in it for her to be lucky. | 我没必要因为她走运就相信运气 |
[15:14] | Regardless, I have a chance at a real relationship with leslie. | 不管怎样 我现在有机会和莱斯莉发展一段真正的恋情 |
[15:17] | I’m not going to pass that up | 我不会就这么放弃 |
[15:19] | For some hypothetical future of happiness with a woman | 就为了一个可能和她有幸福未来的女人 |
[15:21] | Who may or may not want me to be happy, | 一个可能想 也可能不想让我幸福的女人 |
[15:24] | With a woman who is currently making me happy. | 而放弃了一个现在就已经让我幸福的女人 |
[15:28] | Leonard. Yeah? | -里奥纳德 -什么 |
[15:29] | I still don’t care. | 我仍然不关心 |
[15:40] | Hey leslie. | 好啊 莱斯莉 |
[15:41] | Careful, leonard. liquid nitrogen, 320 degrees below zero. | 小心 里奥纳德 液态氮 零下320度 |
[15:53] | Why are you smashing a flash-frozen banana? | 为什么你要打碎一只速冻香蕉? |
[15:56] | because I got a bowl of cheerios and I couldn’t find a knife. | 因为我有一碗麦片 又找不到刀来切 |
[16:01] | So anyway… | 那不管它… |
[16:03] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[16:07] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗 |
[16:09] | Just extending the intimacy. | 更加亲密点喽 |
[16:11] | Do you want to slip over to the radiation lab | 想不想溜进放射实验室里 |
[16:14] | And share a decontamination shower? | 共享净化澡? |
[16:20] | Ok, uh… | 好吧… |
[16:21] | What exactly do you think’s going on between us? | 你认为我们之间到底怎么回事? |
[16:25] | I’m not sure, but I think I’m about to discover how the banana felt. | 我不确定 但我认为我马上就要体会那香蕉的感受了 |
[16:33] | Listen, Leonard. neither of us are neuroscientists, | 听着 里奥纳德 我们虽然都不是神经学家 |
[16:35] | But we both understand the biochemistry of sex. | 但我们都懂得性的生化机理 |
[16:37] | I mean, dopamine in our brains | 我是说 我们脑中的多巴胺 |
[16:39] | Is released across synapses, causing pleasure. | 通过突触被释放了 从而产生了快感 |
[16:41] | You stick electrodes in a rat’s brain, give him an orgasm button, | 你把电极插到老鼠的大脑里 给他一个性高潮按钮 |
[16:44] | He’ll push that thing until he starves to death. | 他会一直按那东西直到饿死为止 |
[16:47] | Well, who wouldn’t? | 谁不会呢 |
[16:49] | Well, the only difference between us and the rat | 我们和老鼠的唯一区别就在于 |
[16:51] | Is that you can’t stick an electrode in our hypothalamus. | 我们不能把一个电极插到我们的下丘脑里 |
[16:53] | That’s where you come in. | 所以你就出现了 |
[16:57] | Yeah, well, I’m just glad to be a part of it. | 是啊 我很高兴参与其中 |
[17:01] | So what happens now? | 那现在怎样 |
[17:03] | I don’t know about your sex drive, but I’m probably good till new year’s. | 我不清楚你的性欲怎样 我反正到新年之前应该都可以了 |
[17:12] | -thank you. -thank you. | -谢谢你 -谢谢你 |
[17:17] | You want to make plans for new year’s? | 你想计划下新年的安排吗 |
[17:19] | Please. you’re smothering me. | 拜托了 你要噎着我了 |
[17:23] | Look. it’s dr. stud! | 看啊 是猛男博士啊! |
[17:27] | Dr. what? | 啥博士? |
[17:28] | The blogosphere is a-buzzin’ with news of you and leslie winkle | 博客圈正不断更新着你和莱斯莉·温克尔 |
[17:31] | Making eine kleine bang-bang musik. | 合作G大调弦乐小嘭嘭夜曲的新闻呢 |
[17:35] | How did it get on the internet? | 怎么会弄到网上去的? |
[17:37] | I put it there. | 我放上去的 |
[17:39] | How did you know about it? | 你怎么会知道的? |
[17:41] | A little bird told us. | 有只小鸟告诉我们的 |
[17:43] | Apparently, you are a magnificent beast. | 很明显 你真是头猛兽 |
[17:49] | That part’s true. | 这个倒是没错 |
[17:56] | I think I may have misjudged this restaurant. | 我想我之前可能误解这家餐厅了 |
[17:59] | -no kidding. -i don’t want to go out on a limb, | -真的假的 -我不想出去时候很尴尬 |
[18:01] | But I think we may be looking at my new tuesday hamburger. | 不过我认为我们看到了我的新周二汉堡 |
[18:05] | Your old Tuesday hamburger will be so broken-hearted. | 你的老周二汉堡会伤心欲绝的 |
[18:10] | Way ahead of you. I was thinking of moving Big Boy to Thursdays, | 我早就想到了 我考虑把”大块头”放到周四 |
[18:13] | And just dropping souplantation. | 然后放弃”种汤餐馆” |
[18:16] | Really? | 说真的 |
[18:18] | The name always confused me anyway. souplantation. | 反正那名字总是让我搞不懂 种汤 |
[18:21] | You can’t grow soup. | 汤又不能种 |
[18:26] | So, how’s everything? | 一切还好吗 |
[18:28] | Terrific. you’ll be happy to know that I plan to come here | 好极了 你应该会很高兴 |
[18:31] | Every tuesday night for the foreseeable future. | 因为我准备在可预见的每周二晚都来这里 |
[18:33] | Really? Oh, yea. | 是吗 好啊 |
[18:37] | Who do I speak to about permanently reserving this table? | 如果我要永久预定这桌子我该找谁说 |
[18:40] | I don’t know… a psychiatrist? | 我不知道…找精神病医生? |
[18:46] | How are things with you and leslie? | 你和莱斯莉怎么样了啊 |
[18:50] | To be honest, I don’t think it’s going to work out. | 老实交待 我认为我们没戏了 |
[18:54] | Oh, that’s too bad. | 那太糟糕了 |
[18:56] | Hey, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[18:57] | I’m sure there’s someone out there who’s just right for you. | 我确定会有人真正适合你的 |
[19:03] | What did she mean by that?! | 她那话什么意思?! |
[19:06] | Was that just a generic platitude, | 只是句普通的安慰呢 |
[19:08] | Or was that a subtle bid for attention? | 还是为了让我引起注意的微妙暗示? |
[19:12] | You know why this hamburger surpasses the big boy? | 你知道为什么这个汉堡会超过”大块头” |
[19:16] | This is a single-decker hamburger, whereas the big boy is a double-decker. | 这是个单层汉堡 大块头是双层的 |
[19:19] | This has a much more satisfying meat-to-bun-to-condiment ratio. | 这个汉堡的肉 面包 佐料更另人满意 |
[19:24] | Are you even listening to me? | 你有在听我说吗 |
[19:25] | Of course, I’m listening. blah, blah, hopeless penny delusion… | 当然 我在听 什么什么对于潘妮不可救药的妄想… |
[19:32] | Okay, then. | 好吧那 |
[19:36] | You know, you can grow the ingredients for soup. | 知道吗 做汤用的食材是可以种的 |