时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | On the other hand, some physicists are concerned | 另一方面呢 物理学家又开始担心 |
[00:04] | That if this supercollider actually works, | 一旦超撞机真的实现 |
[00:06] | It’ll create a black hole and swallow up the earth, | 它产生的黑洞会吞噬地球 |
[00:08] | Ending life as we know it. | 终结生命 |
[00:10] | Pfft, what a bunch of crybabies. | 真是一群爱哭鬼 |
[00:12] | No guts, no glory, man. | 人有多大胆 地有多大产 |
[00:15] | Hey, check it out. | 嘿 看看这个 |
[00:17] | The school of pharmacology is looking for volunteers. | 药学院要招志愿者 |
[00:20] | “we are testing a new medication “for social anxiety, panic attacks, | “我们正在测试一种新药 专治社交焦虑症 |
[00:24] | Agoraphobia and obsessive compulsive disorder.” | 恐慌发作症 陌生环境恐怖症和强迫症” |
[00:28] | Why would they be looking for test subjects here? | 他们为什么要在这招人? |
[00:32] | I don’t know, raj. | 我怎么知道 拉杰 |
[00:33] | Maybe the comic book store doesn’t have a bulletin board. | 没准是因为漫画书店没有布告栏 |
[00:39] | What’s going on? | 在这干什么呢? |
[00:40] | Shh, shh, hot girl in sheldon’s office. | 嘘 嘘 谢尔顿办公室有个靓妹 |
[00:43] | Sheldon’s office? | 在谢尔顿的办公室? |
[00:46] | Is she lost? | 她是不是走丢了? |
[00:49] | I don’t think so. | 我认为不是 |
[00:50] | I followed her here from the parking lot. | 我从停车场就开始跟着她了 |
[00:54] | Maybe she’s his lawyer. | 可能她是他的律师 |
[00:56] | Well, she’s free to examine my briefs. | 那她可以随时查看我的诉讼 |
[00:58] | Howard. I know, I’m disgusting. | -霍华德 -我知道 我很恶心 |
[01:00] | I should be punished… by her. | 我应该被惩罚…被她惩罚 |
[01:02] | Oh, look, I did it again. | 看 我还是这么恶心 |
[01:04] | That should do it. | 那样就差不多了 |
[01:06] | Thank you for coming by. | 麻烦你跑一趟 |
[01:14] | Hello. | 你们好啊 |
[01:15] | Oh, hey, buddy… | 嘿 老弟… |
[01:20] | “buddy…”? | “老弟…”? |
[01:22] | Sorry I’m late. | 不好意思 我来迟了 |
[01:23] | I’m working on a project that may take me up on the next space shuttle. | 我正在攻关一个项目 可能要上下一次航天飞机了 |
[01:28] | How can you be late? | 为什么要说晚了呢? |
[01:29] | I wasn’t expecting you at all. | 我根本没想要你来 |
[01:32] | Nobody ever expects me. | 我总是神出鬼没 |
[01:33] | Sometimes you just look and… | 有时你只是看着看着就… |
[01:35] | Bam! howard wolowitz. | 霍华德·沃尔维茨驾到 |
[01:38] | Sheldon, are you gonna introduce us? | 谢尔顿 能介绍一下吗? |
[01:40] | Oh, all right. uh, this is missy. | 可以 这是米茜 |
[01:42] | Missy, this is leonard and rajesh, and you’ve already met howard. | 米茜 这是里奥纳德和拉杰 你已经见过霍华德了 |
[01:46] | It’s nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[01:47] | You, too, as well, also. | 你也是 也 也是 |
[01:48] | Yeah. | 是 |
[01:52] | So, how do you two know each other? | 你们两个是怎么认识的? |
[01:54] | Oh, he once spent nine months with my legs wrapped around his head. | 他的头可在我的胯下呆过9个月 |
[02:01] | Excuse me? | 啊? |
[02:03] | She’s my twin sister. | 她是我的孪生妹妹 |
[02:05] | She thinks she’s funny, but frankly, I’ve never been able to see it. | 她以为自己很风趣 但说实话 我从来看不出 |
[02:08] | That’s because you have no measurable sense of humor, shelly. | 这是因为你根本无法衡量什么是幽默 谢利(昵称) |
[02:11] | How exactly would one measure a sense of humor? | 一个人要怎么衡量幽默? |
[02:14] | A humormometer? | 幽默测量器? |
[02:18] | Well, I think you’re delightfully droll. | 我觉得你非常得幽默 |
[02:21] | Ooor, as the french say, tres drole. okay, so let me see if I got this. | -当然 就像法语中 “你真有趣” -看我记不记得住 |
[02:26] | Leonard, howard and… | 里奥纳德 霍华德 还有… |
[02:29] | I’m sorry, what was your name again? | 不好意思 你叫? |
[02:57] | Rajesh. | 拉杰 |
[03:24] | So, missy, what brings you all the way from texas? | 那么 米茜 你为什么从德州跑到这来? |
[03:27] | Was it perhaps destiny? I think it was destiny. | 是不是缘分? 我觉得是缘分 |
[03:29] | My friend’s s getting married at disneyland tomorrow night. | 我朋友明晚在迪斯尼结婚 |
[03:32] | Destiny, thy name is anaheim. | 缘分 名字就叫做阿纳海姆市(美国南加州) |
[03:37] | And I had to drop off some papers for shelly to sign for my dad’s estate. | 我还过来让谢利在父亲的地产文书上签个字 |
[03:40] | The papers could’ve been mailed. | 文书可以邮寄的吧 |
[03:42] | Mom just sent you here to spy on me, didn’t she? | 妈让你来监视我 没错吧 |
[03:44] | I guess that’s why they call you a genius. | 我想这就是为什么他们要管你叫天才了 |
[03:46] | They call me a genius because I’m a genius. | 他们叫我天才是因为我确实是天才 |
[03:50] | Tell mom that I currently weigh 165 pounds | 告诉妈我目前165磅 |
[03:52] | And that I’m having regular bowel movements. | 还有我的胃肠蠕动正常 |
[03:56] | Enjoy the wedding. good-bye. | 好好享受婚礼 拜拜 |
[04:01] | If the wedding’s not until tomorrow, why don’t you stay with us tonight? | 婚礼不是明天吗 不如你今晚来我们这吧? |
[04:04] | Oh, I don’t think so. | 我看行不通 |
[04:06] | Shelly doesn’t like company. | 谢利不喜欢别人缠着他 |
[04:07] | Even as a little boy, | 即使是在他小时候 |
[04:08] | He’d send his imaginary friends home at the end of the day. | 他也会在晚上把假想的朋友送回家 |
[04:11] | They were not friends. | 他们不是朋友 |
[04:13] | They were imaginary colleagues. | 他们是假想的同事 |
[04:16] | Look, you’re here. | 你看 你都来了 |
[04:17] | We have plenty of room. | 我们有很多房间的 |
[04:18] | No, we don’t. | 不 我们没有 |
[04:19] | Come on, shelly. she’s family. | 别这样 谢利 她是家人啊 |
[04:22] | So what, I don’t issue invitations to your mother. | 那又怎么样 我都没有邀请你妈来 |
[04:26] | Well, it would be nice not to have to drive to anaheim in rush hour. | 能不用在高峰时段开去阿纳海姆也不错啊 |
[04:29] | And don’t ever call me shelly. | 再也不要叫我谢利 |
[04:31] | So it’s settled. You’ll stay with us. | 就这么定了 你住我们这儿 |
[04:33] | Yeah, I’ll walk you to your car. | 我带你去拿车 |
[04:34] | You’re in structure 3, level c, right? | 你车停在3区 c层 没错吧 |
[04:41] | What just happened? | 这都是怎么一回事? |
[04:45] | So anyway, | 反正 |
[04:45] | We’re eight years old and sheldon converts my | 我们8岁时 谢尔顿把我的 |
[04:48] | Easy bake oven to some kind of high-powered furnace. | 傻瓜式烤箱改装成了一种高能量熔炉 |
[04:52] | Just classic. | 太经典了 |
[04:54] | I needed a place to fire ceramic | 我要做家用集成电路 |
[04:56] | Semiconductor substrates for homemade integrated circuits. | 需要一个可以融化半导体陶瓷基底的地方 |
[04:59] | He was trying to build some sort of | 他当时想要造一个 |
[05:01] | Armed robot to keep me out of his room. | 武装机器人来把我赶出他的房间 |
[05:03] | Made necessary by her insistence on going into my room. | 要不是你一直闯进我的房间这也没必要 |
[05:07] | Anyway, I go to make those little corn muffins they give you. | 还有 我去做了些小的玉米蛋糕 |
[05:09] | There’s a big flash. | 突然哗的一下 |
[05:10] | Next thing you know my eyebrows are gone. | 你醒来的时候眉毛就不见了 |
[05:14] | Not your eyebrows. | 你的眉毛? |
[05:17] | Yep, | 是 |
[05:17] | I had to go through the entire second | 然后我整个二年级都要 |
[05:19] | Grade with crooked eyebrows my mom drew on. | 顶着妈妈画的弯曲的假眉毛去上学 |
[05:22] | Is that what that was? | 是这样吗? |
[05:24] | I just assumed that the second grade | 我还以为是二年级的课程 |
[05:26] | Curriculum had rendered you quizzical. | 让你行为变得有些古怪 |
[05:30] | Hey, leonard, you left your underwear in the dryer downstairs. | 里奥纳德 你短裤忘在楼下的干衣机里了 |
[05:40] | Those are not mine. | 那不是我的 |
[05:43] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[05:44] | They have your little name label in them. | 这里面有你名字的小标签啊 |
[05:47] | Yeah… no, I do… i… | 对…不 我… |
[05:49] | I use those, uh, just to polish up my spearfishing equipment. | 我是用这来磨光我捕鱼用的鱼叉器材的 |
[05:56] | I spearfish. | 我用鱼叉捕鱼的 |
[06:01] | When I’m not crossbow hunting, I spearfish. | 我不去用石弓打猎时 我会去用鱼叉捕鱼 |
[06:06] | Uh, penny, this is sheldon’s twin sister, missy. | 潘妮 这是谢尔顿的孪生妹妹 米茜 |
[06:09] | Missy, this is our neighbor penny. don’t look that much alike. | -米茜 这是我们的邻居潘妮 -你们看起来长得不像啊 |
[06:12] | Can I get a hallelujah? | 让我说声哈利路亚(赞美上帝) |
[06:16] | Fraternal twins come from two separate eggs. | 异卵双生的双胞胎来自于两个不同的卵子中 |
[06:18] | They are no more alike than any other siblings. | 他们不像一般的同胞手足那样 |
[06:20] | Hallelujah! | 哈利路亚! |
[06:23] | Hey, guess what. | 你们知道不 |
[06:23] | I’ve been accepted as a test subject for a | 我已经被接受做为试验体了 |
[06:26] | New miracle drug to overcome pathological shyness. | 测试一种治疗病态羞怯症的神奇新药 |
[06:29] | Oh, good for you, raj. | 那太好了 拉杰 |
[06:30] | Yes, I’m very hopeful. hello, missy. | 是 我有希望了 你好 米茜 |
[06:43] | They mentioned there may be side effects. | 他们提到过可能会有副作用 |
[06:48] | So, missy, have you ever met a man from the exotic subcontinent of india? | 米茜 你遇到过来自充满异域风情的印度次大陆的男人吗 |
[06:54] | Well, there’s dr. patel at our church. | 有 我们教堂的帕特尔医生 |
[06:57] | Ah, yes, patel– good man. | 没错 帕特尔 他人不错 |
[06:59] | Do you like motorcycles? | 你喜欢摩托车吗 |
[07:00] | ’cause I ride a hog. | 我有一台哈雷摩托(俚语指小弟弟) |
[07:03] | A hog? | 哈雷? |
[07:04] | You have a two-cylinder scooter with a basket in the front. | 你那辆是两轮的踏板车 前面还装个小篮子的 |
[07:08] | You still have to wear a helmet. | 你一样得带头盔吧 |
[07:12] | Have you ever heard of the kama sutra? | 你听说过伽摩经吗 |
[07:14] | The sex book. | 讲性爱的书 |
[07:15] | The indian sex book. | 是印度的性爱之书 |
[07:17] | In other words, if you “wonder, wonder who wrote the book of love, | 换句话说 如果你好奇是谁写了这本关于爱的书 |
[07:22] | ” it was us. | 是我们印度人 |
[07:24] | So, sheldon’s sister is pretty cute, huh? | 谢尔顿的妹妹挺漂亮啊 是吧 |
[07:26] | I wasn’t staring. | 我没有盯着她看 |
[07:29] | I didn’t say you were. I just said she was cute. | 我没有说你在盯着她啊 我只是说她挺漂亮 |
[07:32] | Oh, eh… maybe, if you like women who are tall… | 可能吧 如果你喜欢这么高… |
[07:39] | And perfect. | 而且完美的 |
[07:43] | Sheldon, why are you ignoring your sister? | 谢尔顿 你怎么不理你妹妹啊 |
[07:46] | I’m not ignoring my sister. I’m ignoring all of you. | 我没有不理我妹妹 我是不理你们任何人 |
[07:50] | I brought snacks! | 这里有些小吃 |
[07:51] | Oh, my, gherkins and… | 哈 腌黄瓜和.. |
[07:55] | Onion dip. it’s onion dip. | 洋葱酱 这个是洋葱酱 |
[08:00] | We don’t entertain much. | 我们不常招待人的 |
[08:04] | Missy. | 米茜 |
[08:05] | Do you enjoy pajamas? | 你喜欢穿睡衣吗 |
[08:07] | I guess. | 应该是吧 |
[08:08] | Yeah, we indians invented them. | 太好了 是我们印度人发明的睡衣 |
[08:11] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[08:14] | Yeah, well, my people invented circumcision. | 那这么说 是我们犹太人发明了割礼 |
[08:21] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[08:25] | Missy, I’m gonna go get my nails done. | 米茜 我要去做指甲 |
[08:27] | Do you want to come? | 想一起去吗 |
[08:27] | God, yes. thanks. | 太好了 我去 谢谢你 |
[08:30] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[08:32] | Bye, guys. bye, missy. | -大伙再见 -再见 米茜 |
[08:34] | Bye, missy, see you. good-bye, leonard. | -米茜 再见 -再见 里奥纳德 |
[08:36] | Oh, yeah, no, uh, bye, penny. | 对…不…再见 潘妮 |
[08:40] | Okay, you two have to back off. | 听着 你们俩给我闪开 |
[08:42] | Why should I back off? you back off, dude. | 我干吗要闪开 你闪开 伙计 |
[08:43] | Excuse me, this is my apartment, and she’s my roommate’s sister. | 不好意思 这是我的房子 她是我室友的妹妹 |
[08:46] | So what? you’ve already got penny! | 那又怎么样 你已经有潘妮了 |
[08:48] | How do I have penny? | 我怎么有潘妮了? |
[08:49] | In what universe do I have penny? | 我到底哪门子有潘妮了? |
[08:52] | So I can have penny? | 那我可以追她了? |
[08:53] | Hell, no! | 该死 不行! |
[08:56] | Excuse me. can I interject something? | 抱歉 我能插两句吗 |
[09:00] | I’m ordering pizza online. | 我正在线订一个披萨 |
[09:01] | Is everyone okay with pepperoni? | 意大利辣香肠你们都吃吧? |
[09:05] | Sheldon, can I talk to you in private? | 谢尔顿 我能跟你单独谈一下吗 |
[09:07] | I guess. | 行啊 |
[09:09] | Don’t worry. I was going to order you cheese-less. | 别担心 我会点那种芝士少一点的 |
[09:11] | Thank you. it’s okay. | -谢谢你 -没事 |
[09:12] | Lactose intolerance is nothing to be embarrassed about. | 不能吃乳糖不是什么丢脸的事 |
[09:18] | I’m a fancy indian man. | 我是梦幻印度情人 |
[09:19] | We invented pajamas. | 我们发明了睡衣 |
[09:21] | Hey, look at me. I don’t have a foreskin. | 看我 我没有包皮 |
[09:31] | Sheldon… | 谢尔顿… |
[09:35] | Are you aware that your sister is an incredibly attractive woman? | 你难道没意识到你妹妹魅不可挡吗 |
[09:41] | She certainly has the symmetry and low | 她确实有着西方文化所青睐的 |
[09:43] | Body fat that western culture deems desirable. | 既匀称而又低脂肪的身段 |
[09:45] | It’s noteworthy, at other points in history, | 这倒是值得注意的 在历史上 |
[09:48] | Heavier women were the standard for | 胖一些的女人象征着美丽 |
[09:50] | Beauty because their girth suggested affluence. | 因为她们的腰身意味着富饶 |
[09:53] | That’s fascinating, but… | 很令人着迷 但… |
[09:55] | I didn’t say it was fascinating. I said it was noteworthy. | 我没有说令人着迷 我只是说值得注意 |
[09:58] | All right… noted. | 好吧 我注意到了 |
[10:01] | But my point is that koothrappali and wolowitz, | 我的意思是 库萨帕里和沃尔维茨 |
[10:04] | They’re hitting on your sister. | 他们在泡你的妹妹啊 |
[10:07] | Oh, it’s… | 这简直… |
[10:09] | Oh, okay. | 没事啊 |
[10:12] | You know, I don’t want to criticize your rhetorical style, | 我不想评价你说话的修辞手法 |
[10:14] | But we’d be a lot further along in this | 但要是你能开门见山地说 |
[10:16] | Conversation if you’d begun with that thought. | 我们可能已经谈得很深了 |
[10:19] | That’s great, but my… | -很好 -但是… |
[10:20] | What I’m saying is that we took quite an Unnecessary detour | 我要说的是 我们拐了个不必要的弯 |
[10:22] | from what I now understand to be your thesis. | 因为现在我发现这才是你的论点 |
[10:24] | Whatever. | 又怎么了 |
[10:26] | You have to do something about it. | 你不能干坐着啊 |
[10:28] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:29] | Because she’s your sister. | 因为她是你妹妹 |
[10:32] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[10:34] | Yes, we shared a uterus for nine months, | 不错 我们共同在一个子宫里待过九个月 |
[10:36] | But since then we’ve pretty much gone our own separate ways. | 但此后我们就你走阳关道我走独木桥了 |
[10:41] | Okay, uh, consider this… | 好吧 那这么想吧… |
[10:44] | With your father gone, | 你父亲去世之后 |
[10:45] | It is your responsibility to make sure that missy chooses a suitable mate. | 确保米茜能选择一位合适的伴侣就是你的责任了 |
[10:52] | I hadn’t considered that. | 我倒没想过这个 |
[10:55] | We do share dna. uh-huh. | 我们确实有相同的DNA |
[10:57] | So there is the possibility, however remote, | 所以有这种可能 尽管可能性不大 |
[10:59] | That resting in her loins is the potential | 她的天赋可以创造另一个 |
[11:02] | For another individual as remarkable as myself. | 像我这样不平凡的人 |
[11:05] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[11:07] | And you owe it to yourself and to posterity to protect | 并且你有责任替你自己和你子孙保留 |
[11:11] | The genetic integrity of your sister’s future offspring. | 你妹妹所传后代遗传基因的完整性 |
[11:17] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[11:18] | If someone wants to get at missy’s fallopian tubes, | 如果有人想接近米茜的输卵管 |
[11:20] | They’ll have to go through me. | 他们必须通过我 |
[11:32] | I am shiva the destroyer! | 我是摧毁者西瓦(游戏”怒之铁拳”中的BOSS) |
[11:34] | I will have the woman. | 我会赢得这个女人 |
[11:37] | I’m warning you I was judo champion at math camp. | 警告你 我可是数学夏令营的柔道冠军 |
[11:41] | All right, now that’s enough juvenile squabbling. | 好了 你们幼稚够了吧 |
[11:43] | You stop it. | 给我停下 |
[11:44] | Stop it, I say! | 我说给我停下! |
[11:47] | I’m going to settle this right now. | 我现在就来处理这件事 |
[11:49] | Neither of you are good enough for my sister. | 你们中的任何一个都配不上我妹妹 |
[11:52] | Who are you to decide that? | 你是谁 凭什么你决定? |
[11:53] | He’s the man of his family. | 他是这个家的男人 |
[11:55] | You have to respect his wishes. | 你们必须尊重他的意愿 |
[11:56] | You’re out, too, by the way. say what? | -顺便说一句 你也出局了 -你说什么? |
[11:59] | It’s nothing personal. | 我不是针对你 |
[12:00] | I’d just prefer if my future niece or nephew | 我只是更希望我将来的侄子或者侄女 |
[12:02] | Didn’t become flatulent every time they ate an eskimo pie. | 不要成为那种每次吃到爱斯基摩派就会欢呼雀跃的人 |
[12:12] | What are you so happy about? | 你高兴个什么劲儿 |
[12:13] | I’m not happy. | 我不是高兴 |
[12:15] | It’s the medication. I can’t stop smiling. | 药起作用了 我停不下来 |
[12:25] | That leonard’s made me aware of how high the genetic stakes are, | 里奥纳德让我意识到遗传基因的赌注有多大 |
[12:28] | We have to face the fact that none | 我们必须面对现实 |
[12:29] | Of you are suitable mates for my sister. | 你们没有一个配得上我妹妹 |
[12:32] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[12:32] | Leonard made you aware of that? | 是里奥纳德让你意识到的? |
[12:36] | We all make mistakes. let’s move on. | 我们都会犯错 换个话题吧 |
[12:39] | Excuse me, but I think you’re missing a big opportunity here. | 插一句 不过我认为你错失了一个良机 |
[12:42] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[12:42] | Everybody knows genetic diversity produces the strongest offspring. | 每个人都知道基因多样化能创造出了不起的后代 |
[12:46] | Why not put a little mocha in the family latte? | 不如考虑在家庭的拿铁咖啡里放点穆哈调和一下 |
[12:52] | In principle, you have a point. | 理论上 你说的没错 |
[12:54] | But as a practical matter, | 但考虑到实际情况 |
[12:55] | Need I remind you that it takes experimental | 允许我提醒你一下 你都需要实验性药品 |
[12:58] | Pharmaceuticals to simply enable you to speak to the opposite sex. | 才能让你更容易开口跟异性说话 |
[13:02] | I think you’re focusing entirely too much on the drugs. | 我觉得你把太多的焦点放在药物上了 |
[13:11] | Is it ’cause I’m jewish? | 是不是因为我是个犹太人? |
[13:12] | ’cause I’d kill my rabbi with a pork chop to be with your sister. | 要知道为了和你妹妹在一起 我愿意用猪排杀了我的导师 |
[13:22] | This has nothing to do with religion. | 这和你的宗教信仰无关 |
[13:24] | This has to do with the fact that you’re a tiny, | 只是因为你还是个小男孩 |
[13:27] | Tiny man who still lives with his mother. | 一个仍和妈妈一起住的小男孩 |
[13:30] | Sheldon, you are really being unreasonable. | 谢尔顿 你真不讲道理 |
[13:32] | Am i? | 是吗 |
[13:34] | Here, eat this cheese without farting and you can sleep with my sister. | 来 吃了这片芝士能不放屁 你就可以和我妹上床 |
[13:39] | Oh, really? | 噢 真的吗 |
[13:45] | Oops. | 靠 |
[13:47] | Shelly, can I speak to you for a minute? | 谢利 我可以和你说几句吗 |
[13:49] | Alone. | 私下里 |
[13:51] | Why does everyone suddenly want to talk to me alone? | 为什么大家突然都想和我单独谈话 |
[13:54] | Usually nobody wants to be alone with me. | 通常没有人喜欢和我单独相处的呀 |
[14:03] | We all make mistakes. let’s move on. | 我们都会犯错 换一个话题吧 |
[14:07] | Okay, I’m not even going to ask why you’re pimping me out for cheese. | 好吧 我不想过问你为何为了区区芝士把我推销出去 |
[14:13] | But since when do you care at all about who I sleep with? | 不过你何时开始关心我和谁上床了? |
[14:16] | Well, truthfully, I’ve never given it any thought, | 说实话 我从来没有考虑过 |
[14:19] | But it has been pointed out to me that you carry dna of great potential. | 不过我后来意识到 你身上带着潜在的DNA |
[14:22] | What on earth are you talking about? | 你在说些什么鬼话 |
[14:24] | Let me explain. | 让我解释一下 |
[14:25] | You see, I’m a superior genetic mutation, uh, | 你知道的 我是个优秀的遗传变异产物 |
[14:28] | An improvement on the existing mediocre stock. | 对现有的次品来说存在一个显著提高 |
[14:33] | And what do you mean, “mediocre stock”? | 你说的”次品”是什么意思? |
[14:36] | That would be you. | 就是指你 |
[14:39] | But residing within you, is the potential for another me. | 不过在你身体里 有一个潜在的我 |
[14:42] | Perhaps even taller, smarter, and less prone to freckling, a sheldon 2.0, | 一个可能更高 更聪明 雀斑更少的 谢尔顿2.0 |
[14:47] | if you will. | 可以这么称呼 |
[14:50] | “sheldon 2.0”? | “谢尔顿2.0”? |
[14:51] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[14:52] | Now, | 现在 |
[14:52] | I am not saying that I should be the sole decider of who you mate with. | 我不是说我要专横地决定你要和谁在一起 |
[14:57] | If you’re not attracted to the suitor, | 如果你不被追求者吸引 |
[14:58] | Then the likelihood of conception will be reduced. | 那怀孕的可能性就会减少 |
[15:00] | You have got to be kidding me. | 你开什么玩笑 |
[15:02] | Not at all. | 完全没有 |
[15:03] | Frequent coitus dramatically increases the odds of fertilization. | 频繁性交会大大增加受精几率 |
[15:07] | Okay, shelly, sit down. | 好了 谢利 坐下 |
[15:13] | Now I’ve lived my whole life dealing with the fact that my twin | 我花了一辈子时间去消化这一事实 我的双胞胎哥哥 |
[15:17] | Brother is, as mom puts it, “one of god’s special, little people.” | 像妈妈所说 是个”上帝赐予的特别的小孩” |
[15:21] | I always thought I was more like a cuckoo bird. | 我一直认为我更像一只布谷鸟 |
[15:24] | You know, | 你知道的 |
[15:24] | A superior creature whose egg is placed in the nest of ordinary birds. | 一种把蛋放在普通鸟巢里的了不起的生物 |
[15:28] | Of course, the newly hatched cuckoo eats all the food, | 当然 先孵化出的布谷鸟会吃掉所有的食物 |
[15:31] | Leaving the ordinary siblings to starve to death. | 留下其他普通的兄弟姐妹们饿死 |
[15:34] | Luckily for you, that’s where the metaphor ended. | 你很幸运 这就是我使用这比喻想要说的 |
[15:38] | I thought it ended at “cuckoo.” | 我还以为你是想说”布谷” |
[15:43] | You listen to me. | 你听好 |
[15:45] | If you want to start acting like a brother who cares about me, | 如果你想做一个关心妹妹的好哥哥 |
[15:47] | Then terrific. | 那太好了 |
[15:48] | Bring it on. | 尽管来做 |
[15:50] | But you try one time to tell me who I should be sleeping with, | 但只要你有一次想告诉我该和谁上床 |
[15:52] | And you and I are going to go round and | 我就得跟你回顾回顾 |
[15:54] | Round the way we did when we were little. | 我们小时候的那种方式了 |
[15:56] | Remember? | 没忘吧? |
[16:01] | I have an alternate proposal. go on. | -我有另外个提议 -说 |
[16:04] | You donate eggs. | 你捐出卵子 |
[16:05] | We will place them in cryogenic storage. | 我们把它放去低温储藏 |
[16:07] | I will find an appropriate sperm donor for your eggs, | 我会帮你的卵子找一个合格的精子 |
[16:10] | Have them fertilized and implanted in you. | 等他们完成受精后再植入你的体内 |
[16:13] | That way, everybody wins. | 这样 对每个人都好 |
[16:24] | Correction. | 更正下 |
[16:25] | Missy can date whoever she wants. | 米茜想跟谁约会不关我的事 |
[16:29] | Look, we have to settle this. | 我们得想办法解决下 |
[16:31] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[16:32] | Sheldon’s sister is hiding at penny’s because | 谢尔顿的妹妹躲在潘妮家里 |
[16:34] | We’ve all been hitting on her at the same time. | 是因为我们在同一时间向她发起攻击 |
[16:36] | She’s not hiding. | 她才没躲呢 |
[16:37] | She needed privacy to call her grandmother who’s apparently very sick. | 她得留点私人空间来打电话给她生病的奶奶 |
[16:40] | Oh, and then I believe she has to wash her hair. | 我想她还得洗她的头发 |
[16:44] | Oh, you poor, deluded bastard. | 你这个傻混蛋 |
[16:47] | Don’t start with me, dude. | 别跟我来劲 你这家伙 |
[16:48] | You want to go again? let’s go. | 你还想再来? 来啊 |
[16:49] | Sit down. okay. | -坐下 -好吧 |
[16:52] | If we’re going to fight over missy, let’s do it the right way. | 如果我们想争米茜 我们来好好地争 |
[16:55] | The honorable way. | 有尊严地争 |
[16:58] | Take that! | 吃我一拳! |
[17:00] | You want some more? | 还想再来? |
[17:04] | And he’s down! | 他倒下了! |
[17:07] | 1 2 3 One, two, three… | |
[17:10] | Come on, come on! get up! | 来啊 快起来啊 |
[17:11] | Stay down, bitch! | 乖乖躺着吧 婊子 |
[17:13] | 9 10 …nine, ten. | |
[17:17] | Yeah! natural selection at work. | 上帝的选择是正确的 |
[17:20] | I weep for humanity. | 为人类感到悲哀 |
[17:23] | Excuse me while I go tell missy the good news. | 失陪 我得去告诉米茜这个好消息 |
[17:32] | Hey, leonard. oh, hi, penny. | -好啊 里奥纳德 -好啊 潘妮 |
[17:34] | How’s it going? | 还不错吧 |
[17:34] | Listen, that guy mike that you were dating, is that still going on? | 对了 你约会的那个对象麦克 现在还好着吗 |
[17:37] | Uh, pretty much. why? | 算是吧 怎么了 |
[17:38] | Nothing, just catching up. | 没事 随便问问 |
[17:39] | By the way, may I speak to missy, please? | 顺便 能让我跟米茜说几句吗 |
[17:42] | Of course. | 当然 |
[17:46] | Hi, leonard. what’s up? | 好啊 里奥纳德 什么事 |
[17:47] | Well, since you’re leaving tomorrow, | 你明天就走了 |
[17:48] | I was wondering if you’d like to go to dinner with me. | 我想能不能邀你一起吃顿晚饭? |
[17:51] | That’s so sweet. | 你人真好 |
[17:53] | But no thanks. | 但不用了 谢谢 |
[17:55] | Oh. do you have other plans or…? | 你有其它安排还是…? |
[17:58] | No. oh. | 没有 |
[18:03] | All right, uh… | 好吧 |
[18:06] | Enjoy the rest of your evening. | 祝你今晚过得愉快 |
[18:07] | Thanks. see ya. | 谢谢 再见 |
[18:15] | Um, here’s something we didn’t anticipate. | 有点世事难料啊 |
[18:25] | What do you want, howard? | 有什么能为你效劳的 霍华德? |
[18:26] | I’m fine. thanks for asking. | 我很好 多谢关心 |
[18:30] | I’ve come to call on missy. | 我来拜访下米茜 |
[18:33] | Missy. | 米茜 |
[18:36] | Hi, howard. | 你好 霍华德 |
[18:37] | The amazing howard. | 是神奇的霍华德 |
[18:40] | Do you like magic? | 喜欢魔术吗 |
[18:42] | Not really. no. | 不喜欢 |
[18:44] | Then you are in for a treat. | 那你算是赚到了 |
[18:48] | Behold, an ordinary cane. | 看好 这是根普通的棍子 |
[18:59] | No. | 不 |
[19:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:21] | Missy. | 米茜 |
[19:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:25] | I apprec… | 很感… |
[19:28] | Apprec… | 感… |
[19:30] | Appreeee… | 感感感… |
[19:34] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[19:35] | Is your medication wearing off? | 是不是你的药效退了? |
[19:40] | Well, hi, cutie pie. | 你好 开心果 |
[19:42] | I was hoping you’d show up. | 正想着你会出现呢 |
[20:12] | We had a dog who made a noise like that. | 我们家养过的一只狗就发这种声音的 |
[20:14] | Had to put him down. | 最后不得不弄死他 |
[20:21] | Any news you want me to pass along to mom? | 有什么要我跟妈说的吗 |
[20:24] | She might be interested to know that I have refocused my research | 她可能会愿意知道 我已经把研究重点 |
[20:27] | From bosonic string theory to heterotic string theory. | 从玻色弦论转到了杂交弦论 |
[20:32] | Yeah, I’ll just tell her you say “hey.” | 我就跟她说 你向她问好吧 |
[20:36] | Okay, well, it was pleasant seeing you, | 很高兴能看到你 |
[20:38] | Other than that business with my testicles. | 除了你对我睾丸干的那事儿 |
[20:43] | Come on, shelly. | 来吧 谢利 |
[20:50] | I want you to know I’m very proud of you. | 我要你知道我很以你为荣 |
[20:53] | Really? | 真的? |
[20:54] | Yep, I’m always bragging to my friends about my brother, | 当然 我经常跟我朋友们吹嘘我哥哥 |
[20:57] | The rocket scientist. | 是火箭专家(美国人对天才科学家的习惯称呼) |
[20:59] | You tell people I’m a rocket scientist? | 你跟别人说我是火箭专家? |
[21:03] | Well, yeah. | 对啊 |
[21:04] | I’m a theoretical physicist. | 我是个理论物理学家 |
[21:06] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别 |
[21:07] | What’s the difference?! | 有什么区别?! |
[21:10] | Good-bye, shelly. | 我走了 谢利 |
[21:11] | My god! | 天呐 |
[21:14] | Why don’t you just tell them that | 你怎么不跟人家说 |
[21:15] | I’m a toll-taker at the golden gate bridge?! | 我是金门大桥那儿收通行税的啊? |
[21:21] | Rocket scientist. how humiliating. | 火箭专家 多丢人啊 |