时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Good morning,leonard. | 早上好 莱纳德 |
[00:14] | yeah. we’re gonna | 我们开车去上班的路上 |
[00:16] | Have to stop by pottery barn on the way to work. | 要在陶瓷大库房[家居专卖店]停一下 |
[00:18] | I bought these star wars sheets, | 我在那里买了星战床单 |
[00:19] | But they turned out to be much too stimulating | 但躺在这上面实在是太刺激了 |
[00:22] | To be compatible with a good night’s sleep. | 我根本不能安心睡着 |
[00:27] | I don’t like the way darth vader stares at me. | 黑武士盯着我看 我很不爽 |
[00:31] | I’m not going to work. | 我不去上班了 |
[00:32] | Oh,just because your career’s been stagnant | 就算你的研究生涯这几年里毫无建树 |
[00:34] | For a few years,that’s no reason to give up. | 那也没必要放弃啊 |
[00:37] | Sheldon,i was up all night | 谢尔顿 我整晚都没睡 |
[00:39] | Using the new free-electron laser | 我在用自由电子激光束 |
[00:40] | For x-ray diffraction experiment. | 做X射线散射实验 |
[00:43] | Did the laser accidentally burn out your retinas? | 是不是激光束碰巧把你视网膜烤焦了 |
[00:46] | No. | 没 |
[00:47] | Then you can drive. let’s go. | 那你就能开车了 快走 |
[00:51] | Didn’t I tell you I’d be working nights | 我不是告诉你了么 我现在是晚上工作 |
[00:53] | And that you’d have to make other arrangements? | 你要另外想办法了 |
[00:55] | You did. | 是啊 |
[00:56] | And? | 所以 |
[00:57] | I didn’t. | 我没办法 |
[00:59] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[01:02] | Good night,sheldon. | 晚安 谢尔顿 |
[01:03] | But how am I going to get to work? | 那我怎么去上班啊 |
[01:05] | Take the bus. | 乘公交车 |
[01:06] | I can’t take the bus anymore. | 我再也不能乘公交车了 |
[01:07] | They don’t have seat belts,and they won’t let you | 车上没安全带啊 |
[01:09] | Latch yourself to the seat with bungee cords. | 而且他们不让我用橡皮绳子把自己拴在座椅上 |
[01:12] | You tried to latch yourself to the seat with bungee cords? | 你想用橡皮绳子把自己捆在座椅上 |
[01:16] | I didn’t try. I succeeded. | 我不是想 我已经做到了 |
[01:18] | But for some reason,it alarmed the other passengers | 但不知为什么 其他乘客对此很惊慌 |
[01:20] | And I was asked to de-bus. | 他们让我滚下车 |
[01:23] | Oh,you’re a big boy. | 傻孩子 |
[01:24] | You’ll figure it out. | 你会自己想出办法的 |
[01:26] | Don’t talk to me like I’m a child. | 别把我当孩子 |
[01:28] | Now,take me to return my star wars sheets! | 你现在立刻带我去退掉星战床单 |
[01:32] | Penny? | 佩妮 |
[01:34] | Penny? penny? | 佩妮 佩妮 |
[01:37] | Sheldon. what is it? | 谢尔顿 你搞什么 |
[01:39] | Leonard’s asleep. | 莱纳德睡着了 |
[01:42] | Thanks for the update. | 谢谢你的最新更新 |
[01:45] | No. wait. | 别 等等 |
[01:47] | You have to drive me to work. | 你一定要开车送我去上班 |
[01:49] | Yeah,i really don’t think I do. | 我看未必 |
[01:52] | But I don’t drive,and I can’t take the bus. | 但我不会开车 我也不想坐公交车 |
[01:55] | Honey,you’ll be fe as long as you don’t do | 只要你不用那橡皮绳 |
[01:57] | That bungee cord thing,okay? | 坐公交肯定没问题的 |
[01:58] | Penny. | 佩妮 |
[02:00] | Didn’t you recently stated that you and I are friends? | 你不是声称我们是朋友吗 |
[02:03] | Yes,sheldon. we are friends. | 是的 谢尔顿 我们是朋友 |
[02:07] | Then I hereby invoke what I’m given to understand | 所以说我在这儿是引用 |
[02:10] | Is an integral part of the implied covenant of friendship. | 我们隐含的友谊契约书中的一个重要部分 |
[02:17] | The favor. | 帮助 |
[02:20] | Oh,dear god. | 上帝啊 |
[02:22] | I’m sorry,i didn’t realize | 对不起 我不是故意 |
[02:24] | I was interrupting your morning prayers. | 来打扰你做早晨祷告 |
[02:27] | When you’re done,we’ll go. | 你做完了我们就出发 |
[02:57] | Thank you for driving me to work. | 谢谢你送我去上班 |
[02:59] | You know this is my day off,sheldon. | 今天是我的休息日 谢尔顿 |
[03:01] | Oh,good. I’m not keeping you from anything. | 太好了 看来我没有耽误你什么事 |
[03:06] | Your “check engine” light is on. | 你的”检查引擎”灯亮着 |
[03:09] | Typically that’s an indicator | 一般来说 这算是提醒你 |
[03:11] | To,you know,check your engine. | 去检查引擎 |
[03:14] | It’s fine. it’s been on for,like,a month. | 没什么事 这灯亮了一个月了 |
[03:17] | Well,actually,that would be all the more reason to… | 这样说来的话 那你就有更多的理由去 |
[03:20] | You know,check your engine. | 检查引擎了 |
[03:22] | Sheldon,it’s fine. | 谢尔顿 我的车没事 |
[03:24] | If it were fine, | 如果没事的话 |
[03:25] | The light wouldn’t be on. | 那这灯就不会亮了 |
[03:26] | That’s why the manufacturer installed that light, | 制造商装了这个灯 |
[03:28] | To let you know it’s not fine. | 就是为了告诉你有问题 |
[03:30] | Maybe the light’s broken. | 大概是这灯坏了 |
[03:32] | Is there a “check the ‘check engine light’ light”? | 有没有检查”检查引擎灯”的灯 |
[03:39] | What? | 干嘛 |
[03:41] | Studies have shown that performing tasks | 试验表明 在开车的时候 |
[03:43] | Such as eating,talking on a cell phone | 某些行为 诸如吃东西 打电话 |
[03:45] | Or drinking coffee while driving | 或者喝咖啡 |
[03:46] | Reduces one’s reaction time | 会降低人的反应速度 |
[03:48] | By the same factor as an ounce of alcohol. | 就跟喝了一盎司酒精一样 |
[03:50] | Do you have any alcohol? | 你带酒了吗 |
[03:52] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[03:53] | Too bad. | 可惜了 |
[03:58] | You’re going up euclid avenue? | 你要走欧几里德大道吗 |
[04:01] | Leonard takes los robles avenu | 莱纳德是从洛斯罗布斯大道开的 |
[04:03] | Well,good for leonard. | 随便他 |
[04:05] | Euclid avenue is shorter as the crow flies, | 欧几里德大道是直线距离 的确更近 |
[04:08] | But it has speed bumps,which appreciably increase | 但是这里有减速坡 会极大地降低 |
[04:10] | Point-to-point drive time, | 点到点的行驶速度 |
[04:11] | Making It the less efficient choice. | 所以走这条路实际上更慢 |
[04:14] | But you have the conn. | 但是方向盘是在你手里 |
[04:19] | Of course,if you’re not going to slow down | 当然了 如果你在过减速坡的时候 |
[04:21] | For the speed bumps, | 不减速的话 |
[04:22] | I withdraw my previous objection. | 那我就收回之前的意见 |
[04:26] | Here’s a fun question. | 我有一个有趣的问题 |
[04:28] | Do you know what the most common street name is? | 你知道最常见的街道名字是什么吗 |
[04:30] | No. | 不知道 |
[04:31] | The answer’s tricky. | 是个脑筋急转弯 |
[04:34] | It’s second street. | 二街 |
[04:35] | You see,you’d think it would be first street, | 你可能认为该是”一街” |
[04:37] | But in most towns,first street eventually | 但大多数地方 |
[04:39] | Gets renamed to something else. | 一街都用一些别的名字代替 |
[04:40] | You know,like main street, | 比如 主路 |
[04:42] | Broad street. | 大街 |
[04:44] | Michigan avenue. | 密歇根大道[为1893年哥伦比亚博览会修建] |
[04:46] | See,leonard and I often use our commute time | 莱纳德和我在路上经常找一些 |
[04:48] | To exercise our minds with brain-teasers like that. | 像这样的脑筋急转弯来锻炼大脑 |
[04:51] | We also play games. | 我们也玩游戏 |
[04:54] | Would you like to play one? | 想玩么 |
[04:56] | No. | 不 |
[04:57] | Oh,come on. it’s fun. | 来吧 可好玩了 |
[04:58] | Ooh! another bump. | 噢 又一个减速坡 |
[05:03] | Okay. I’ll say an element,and,and you say an element | 这样吧 我说一个元素名称 |
[05:06] | Whose name starts with the last letter | 你也说一个 |
[05:08] | Of the one I said,okay? | 以我说的元素的尾字母开头 |
[05:11] | I’ll start. | 从我开始 |
[05:14] | Helium. | 氦[Helium] |
[05:19] | Now,you could say “mercury.” | 你可以说汞[Mercury] |
[05:21] | That would give me a “y.” | 你给我一个”y” |
[05:23] | Ooh. very clever. that’s a tough one. | 非常聪明 这个可不容易 |
[05:26] | So I go with “ytterbium,” which gets you back to “m.” | 镱[ytterbium] 让你又回到了”m” |
[05:29] | So you go “molybdenum,” and I say “magnesium.” | 你可以说钼[molybdenum] 我说镁[magnesium] |
[05:33] | You say “manganese.” I say “europium,” | 你可以说锰[manganese] 我说铕[europium] |
[05:36] | And,then,you’re left with “mendelevium,” | 现在你只剩下钔了[mendelevium] |
[05:38] | And… there are no more m’s | 然后就没有以”m”开头的了 |
[05:40] | Because I believe that meitnerium | 因为我相信[meitnerium] |
[05:42] | Should still be called ekairidium. | 应该被叫做ekairidium[一种过渡元素] |
[05:43] | So,congratulations. you win. | 恭喜你 你赢了 |
[05:50] | Do you wanna go again? | 想再来一局么 |
[05:52] | Why don’t we just have a little quiet time now? | 我们就不能安静一会儿么 |
[05:55] | All right. | 没问题 |
[06:02] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:03] | I’m finding your reckless nonchalance | 我觉得你对于引擎检查提示灯的 |
[06:05] | Regarding the check-engine light to be very troubling. | 冷漠鲁莽非常糟糕 |
[06:11] | Get out. | 下车 |
[06:14] | Well,i ve to tell you | 我不得不说 |
[06:16] | That while I do have a theoretical understanding | 关于内燃机引擎工作的原理 |
[06:18] | Of the workings of an internal combustion engine, | 我是有一定了解的 |
[06:20] | I’m not sure I’m capable of performing diagnostics. | 不过我不确定能不能看出毛病在哪 |
[06:22] | I said,”get out.” | 我说了 下车 |
[06:24] | Okay. I’ll give it a shot. | 好吧 我就去试试好了 |
[06:42] | Oh,leonard. there you are. | 莱纳德 你在这儿呢 |
[06:44] | I’m ready to go home. | 我准备好回家了 |
[06:47] | T1 I just got here. | 我才刚到这 |
[06:48] | Good. perfect timing. | 真及时 |
[06:50] | Sheldon, | 谢尔顿 |
[06:51] | Told you,i only have access | 我告诉过你啦 我只有晚上 |
[06:53] | To the free-electron laser at night. | 使用自由电子激光器的权限 |
[06:54] | I can’t drive you for the next few weeks. | 这几个星期我都不能开车送你 |
[06:56] | No,you said you couldn’t drive me to work. | 不对 你是说过你不能开车送我上班 |
[06:58] | this is from work. | 但现在说的是下班 |
[07:00] | Howard,help me out here. | 霍华德帮我说句话啊 |
[07:02] | No,just for the fun of it,i’m gonna take his side. | 不 我要站在他那边 这样有意思多了 |
[07:06] | Now, | 那么 |
[07:08] | How do you propose I get home? | 你觉得我该怎么回家 |
[07:09] | How did you get here in the first place? | 你是怎么来的呢 |
[07:12] | Penny. | 佩妮 |
[07:13] | But I sense that’s no longer an option. | 但我觉得这个选项已经没可能了 |
[07:16] | Look,i need to get edto the laser lab. | 反正我要用激光实验室 |
[07:18] | You’re just gonna have | 你只能找别人 |
[07:19] | To find someone else to take you home. | 送你回家了 |
[07:28] | Ah,damn,i picked the wrong side. | 该死 我站错队了 |
[07:36] | Oh,god,not euclid avenue! | 老天 不要走欧几里德大道吧 |
[07:45] | Why did howard leave you | 到底为什么霍华德把你 |
[07:47] | In the middle of the road anyway? | 扔在半道上 |
[07:50] | We had a difference of opinion. | 我们观点不统一 |
[07:52] | Over what? | 什么观点 |
[07:53] | Whether or not he was trying to kill me. | 关于他是不是要害死我 |
[07:56] | For the record,i maintain he was. | 事实可鉴 我坚持他就是 |
[08:00] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[08:01] | I’m taking you home. | 带你回家啊 |
[08:03] | Oh,but I’m not going home. | 但我先不回家的 |
[08:04] | It’s wednesday. | 今天礼拜三 |
[08:05] | Wednesday’s new comic book day. | 礼拜三是漫画书购买日 |
[08:06] | We have to go to the comic book store. | 我们必须先去动漫书店 |
[08:08] | And then,we have to stop | 之后 我们在种汤小吃店停下 |
[08:10] | At soup plantation; it’s creamy tomato soup day. | 因为今天还是奶油土豆汤日 |
[08:13] | And radio shack. | 最后是雷都夏克电器行 |
[08:14] | There’s a sale on triple-a batteries. | 今天有个3A电池的折扣 |
[08:17] | Plus,we have to go to pottery barn | 对了还有 我们还得去下陶瓷大库房 |
[08:18] | And return my star wars sheets. | 我要把我的星战床单退了 |
[08:20] | I have a better idea. | 我有个更好的主意 |
[08:23] | You want to go to pottery barn first? | 你想先去陶瓷大库房啊 |
[08:37] | Can you drive me to pottery barn? | 你能开车送我去陶瓷大库房吗 |
[08:45] | Maybe if I turn off the night-light, | 如果我把夜明灯关了 |
[08:47] | I can keep the sheets. | 这床单还能用 |
[09:00] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[09:04] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[09:06] | Sheldon,sit down. | 谢尔顿 坐下 |
[09:08] | She’s in my spot. | 她坐了我的位置 |
[09:13] | Don’t look at me like that. | 别那么看着我 |
[09:14] | Everybody knows that my spot. | 谁都知道那是我的位置 |
[09:20] | Sheldon,you know that we care about you. | 谢尔顿 你知道我们都很关心你 |
[09:24] | And it’s because we care about you | 就是因为我们关心你 |
[09:26] | That we’ve decided we have to speak up. | 才不得不说 |
[09:33] | You’re hurting the people around you,sweetie. | 亲爱的 你让你身边的人都头疼了 |
[09:36] | So we made you an appointment, | 我们帮你做了个预约 |
[09:37] | And we want you to keep it. | 想让你接受 |
[09:41] | Department of motor vehicles new driver handbook? | 机动车辆管理局新司机手册 |
[09:48] | But I don’t have a problem. | 但我没有什么需要查的 |
[09:51] | Sheldon,you need to learn how to drive. | 谢尔顿 你得学会开车 |
[09:54] | This madness has to stop. | 不能再这样疯下去了 |
[09:58] | Penny’s taking you to the dmv. | 佩妮带你去车管局 |
[09:59] | I’m going to bed. | 我去睡觉 |
[10:00] | Why penny? | 为什么是佩妮 |
[10:01] | Because rock breaks scissors. | 因为石头赢过剪子[石头剪子布游戏] |
[10:03] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[10:05] | All right,come on,sheldon. | 好了 走吧 谢尔顿 |
[10:07] | Hold on. | 等下 |
[10:08] | I have one condition. | 我有个条件 |
[10:09] | What? | 什么 |
[10:10] | We have to stop at pottery barn. | 得去趟陶瓷大库房 |
[10:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:14] | And radio shack. | 还有雷都夏克电器行 |
[10:16] | Fine. | 行 |
[10:19] | And the comic book store. | 还有动漫书店 |
[10:20] | All right! | 可以 |
[10:22] | Ooh,i want to go to the comic book store. | 我想去动漫书店 |
[10:44] | I like comic books. | 我也喜欢漫画书 |
[10:51] | I just don’t see why I need a driver’s license. | 我只是不明白我为什么需要驾驶执照 |
[10:54] | Albert einstein never had a driver’s license. | 阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦从没有过驾驶执照 |
[10:57] | Yeah,but albert einstein didn’t make me wet myself | 是啊 但阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦从不在每小时 |
[11:00] | At 40 miles an hour. | 40英里时让我惊出一身冷汗 |
[11:03] | Yeah,and I never wanted to kick albert einstein in the nuts. | 我也从不会把阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦疯狂地赶下车 |
[11:10] | You know,i gotta ask,why didn’t you just | 我想问问 你为什么不和别人一样 |
[11:11] | Get a license at 16 like everybody else? | 在16岁的时候考取驾照 |
[11:14] | I was otherwise engaged. | 我在忙别的事 |
[11:17] | Doing what? | 做什么 |
[11:18] | Examining perturbative amplitudes | 验证超对称理论中n=4的情况下 |
[11:21] | In n=4 supersymmetric theories | 的扰动振幅 |
[11:23] | Leading to a re-examination of the ultraviolet properties | 再用现代扭量理论重新验证 |
[11:25] | Of multi-loop n=8 supergravity using modern twistor theory. | n=8时回路超引力场的紫外特性 |
[11:32] | Well,how ’bout when you were 17? | 那你17岁的时候呢 |
[11:37] | Take this to the testing area, | 带这个去测试区 |
[11:38] | Put your name at the top,sign the bottom, | 在上面写上名字 下面签字 |
[11:40] | Answer the questions,bring it back. next | 回答完问题交回来 下一个 |
[11:48] | Application? | 申请 |
[11:49] | I’m actually more of a theorist. | 我实际上更多是理论家 |
[11:54] | The application in your hand. | 是说你手里的申请表 |
[11:56] | Give it to her. | 给她 |
[12:02] | Take this to the testing area, | 带这个去测试区 |
[12:04] | Put your name at the top,sign the bottom, | 在上面写上名字 下面签字 |
[12:05] | Answer the questions,bring it back. next! | 回答完问题交回来 下一个 |
[12:07] | Excuse me,but I have some concerns about these questions. | 抱歉 对这些问题我有些疑问 |
[12:11] | Look at that sign up there. | 看看那的标志牌 |
[12:13] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[12:15] | Does it say “i give a damn”? | 上面写了”我在乎”吗 |
[12:18] | No. | 没 |
[12:20] | That’s because I don’t. | 那是因为我不在乎 |
[12:22] | Just look. | 就看一眼 |
[12:24] | See,this first question makes no sense. | 第一个问题就说不通 |
[12:25] | “how many car lengths | “当开车时与前车 |
[12:28] | Should you leave in front of you when driving?” | 的车距应该保持几个车身” |
[12:29] | There’s no possible way to answer that. | 没有可能能回答这个问题 |
[12:32] | A “car length” is not a standardized unit of measure. | “车身长”不是个标准化的度量单位 |
[12:35] | Look at the sign. | 看看标志牌 |
[12:38] | Sheldon,it’s “c.” just put down “c.” | 谢尔顿 答案是”C” 就写”C” |
[12:40] | I don’t need yourelp,penny. | 我不需要你的帮忙 佩妮 |
[12:42] | Listen to that little girl,honey. | 听那个小姑娘的 宝贝 |
[12:43] | Put “c.” next! | 写上”C” 下一个 |
[12:45] | No,wait! no,hang on. | 别 等下 等等 |
[12:46] | Look at this next question. | 看看下一个问题 |
[12:47] | Sheldon,why are you arguing with the dmv? | 谢尔顿 你为何要和车管局争执 |
[12:50] | How else are they going to learn? | 否则他们怎么进步 |
[12:54] | Look… | 听着 |
[12:57] | “when are roadways most slippery?” | “什么时候路面最湿滑” |
[12:59] | Now,okay,there are three answers, | 有三个答案 |
[13:01] | None of which are correct. | 没一个是正确的 |
[13:02] | The correct answer is “when covered by | 正确的答案是”当[路面]被覆盖上 |
[13:04] | “a film of liquid sufficient to reduce | 一层液体足以 |
[13:06] | “the coefficient of static friction | 把轮胎和道路之间的静态摩擦系数 |
[13:07] | “between the tire and the road to essentially zero, | 减少到理论上的零值 |
[13:09] | But not so deep as to introduce a new source of friction.” | 又不产生新的摩擦源” |
[13:17] | Here’s your learner’s permit. go away. | 这是你的学习证明 走开 |
[13:19] | But I’m not done. | 但我还没说完 |
[13:21] | I have many additial concerns | 我还有更多的 |
[13:23] | About these questions. | 关于这些问题的质疑 |
[13:24] | Don’t make me climb over this counter. | 别逼我翻过这柜台 |
[13:25] | Come on. let’s go. come on. | 来吧 我们走 来吧 |
[13:29] | Next! | 下一个 |
[13:30] | Aced it. | 一流 |
[13:35] | Okay,that’s it. | 好了 弄好了 |
[13:38] | Let’s boot it up. | 开始启动吧 |
[13:39] | Booting. | 启动 |
[13:40] | This is a state-of-the-art simulator. | 这是最先进的模拟器 |
[13:43] | I adapted it from something | 我从一个朋友为军队 |
[13:44] | A friend of mine designed for the army. | 设计的东西上改装而来的 |
[13:46] | Is that why I appear to be in downtown fallujah | 所以我才在费鲁杰的市区里 |
[13:48] | Behind the wheel of an up-armored humvee? | 跟在一辆装甲悍马的轮子后 |
[13:51] | I haven’t configured it yet. | 我还没有配置呢 |
[13:54] | Let’s see… | 看看 |
[13:55] | Bradley tank… | 布拉德利坦克 |
[13:57] | Transport truck… batmobile… | 运输卡车 蝙蝠车 |
[13:59] | Ooh! no. | 不行 |
[14:01] | Here we go. red 2006 ford taurus | 就这个 2006款红色福特金牛座 |
[14:04] | On the streets of pasadena. | 驰骋在帕萨迪纳市的街道上 |
[14:07] | What? | 怎么了 |
[14:09] | Statistically,red cars are stopped by police | 据统计 红色车让警察叫停的次数 |
[14:11] | Far more often than any other color. | 比其它颜色的车多得多 |
[14:13] | I don’t want any hassles with the fuzz. | 我可不想跟条子发生口角 |
[14:15] | Fine,what color do you want? | 好吧 你想要什么颜色 |
[14:18] | You know the pale blue of luke skywalker’s lightsaber? | 你知道天行者卢克那把淡蓝色的激光剑吗 |
[14:24] | Before it was digitally remastered? | 当然不是后来的那个数码修复版里那种 |
[14:28] | Black,it is. | 就是黑色了 |
[14:32] | Okay,now,what you want to do first | 好的 现在你首先要做的是 |
[14:33] | Is turn on the ignition | 打开点火开关 |
[14:34] | And shift into drive. | 换到前进档 |
[14:36] | I haven’t fastened my seat belt yet. | 我还没系安全带呢 |
[14:40] | Okay,fasten your seat belt. | 好吧 系上你的安全带 |
[14:50] | Click | 可以了 |
[14:52] | Now,are there air bags? | 这有安全气囊吗 |
[14:54] | You don’t need air bags. | 你不需要安全气囊 |
[14:55] | What if a simulated van rear-ends me? | 要是哪个模拟货车和我追尾了 怎么办 |
[14:57] | I’ll hit you in the face with a pillow. | 那我就用枕头给你脸一下 |
[15:08] | Okay,now shift into drive. | 好的 换到前进档 |
[15:11] | Pull out slowly into traffic. | 慢慢开进车道 |
[15:15] | Watch out,watch,watch out for the pedestrians! | 小心 看着行人 |
[15:17] | Oh,god. | 天呢 |
[15:19] | Wait– slow– | 等等 慢点 |
[15:21] | Hit the brakes! the brakes! | 刹车 刹车 |
[15:33] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[15:39] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:40] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[15:43] | My bad. | 我的错 |
[15:47] | Student driver. | 新手上路 |
[15:50] | How did you manage | 你怎么 |
[15:52] | To get on the second floor of the glendale galleria? | 开到幽谷拱廊商场[洛城顶级六大室内商场之一]的二层楼上了 |
[15:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:57] | I was on the pasadena freeway. I missed my exit, | 我原来在帕萨迪纳市的高速公路 出口处没出去 |
[15:59] | Flew off the overpass,and one thing led to another. | 冲出了天桥 之后就这样了 |
[16:04] | Maybe you want to give it a rest and try again tomorrow. | 也许你该休息一下 明天再练 |
[16:08] | No. I quit. | 不用了 我不练了 |
[16:17] | Aw,the pet store. | 宠物商店 |
[16:21] | Remind me to compliment wolowitz on the software. | 帮我谢谢沃罗威茨的软件 |
[16:24] | It’s amazingly detailed. | 里面内容非常详尽 |
[16:27] | Th so wait,you’re just gonna give up? | 那你就这样放弃了吗 |
[16:30] | No,i’m not giving up. | 不是 我没放弃 |
[16:32] | I never give up. | 我从不放弃 |
[16:34] | So,what is it you’re doing? | 那你在干嘛 |
[16:36] | I’m… | 我就是 |
[16:38] | Transcending the situation. | 情况非常的好 |
[16:44] | I’m clearly too evolved for driving. | 很明显 我已经进化到不需要开车了 |
[16:50] | What does that mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[16:52] | Leonard,have you ever wondered why my little toes | 莱纳德 你有没有想过 平均来说 为什么我的小趾 |
[16:56] | And lateral incisors are significantly smaller | 和侧门牙明显比像我这种身材的人 |
[16:59] | Than the average for someone of my size? | 的小趾和侧门牙要小 |
[17:02] | I wonder a lot of things about you,sheldon. | 你的事 我有很多都很好奇 谢尔顿 |
[17:05] | But not-not that. | 不过没有这件 |
[17:07] | Well,those are indicators | 这表明 |
[17:09] | That I’m farther along the evolutionary scale | 在进化系谱中 我比一般人 |
[17:11] | Than the average human. | 进化得更为充分 |
[17:12] | – No kidding. – well,no,no. | -真有你的 -别走 别走 |
[17:14] | I’m not gonna go so far as to say | 我这么说 并不意味着 |
[17:16] | That I represent a distinct new stage in humankind– | 我代表人类进化的新的高度 |
[17:18] | You know,a homo novus,if you will. | 新贵[出身低微而奋斗成功的人] 如果这是你想说的 |
[17:22] | No,that’s for anthropologists to decide. | 不行 这得由人类学家决定 |
[17:24] | But I am convinced | 但我确信 |
[17:27] | That the rson I cannot master the plebeian task of driving | 我之所以不能掌握开车这种小技巧 |
[17:30] | Is because I’m not meant to. | 是因为我根本不想学 |
[17:32] | Yes,you are. | 你想 你想的 |
[17:34] | You’re meant to learn how to drive. | 你想去学车的 |
[17:35] | Please learn how to drive! | 求你了 学开车吧 |
[17:36] | No,no. | 不行 不行 |
[17:37] | Leonard,i’m meant for greater things, | 莱纳德 我是要去干大事业的 |
[17:39] | Like unraveling the mysteries of the universe, | 比如解开宇宙之谜 |
[17:41] | Not determining when it’s safe | 而不是决定什么时候 |
[17:43] | To pass a stopped school bus on a country road. | 在乡村公路上超过停在路边的校车是安全的 |
[17:46] | It’s never safe. | 就没安全的时候 |
[17:49] | Yeah,well,i know that now. | 我现在知道了 |
[17:52] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[17:54] | Assuming that everything you say is true, | 就算你说的全对 |
[17:56] | How does the biologically superior homo novus | 那个生物学上的超级新贵 |
[17:58] | Get to work tomorrow morning? | 明早怎么去上班 |
[18:01] | Homo novus doesn’t know. | 新贵也不知道 |
[18:04] | Well,hang in there. | 坚持住 |
[18:06] | Maybe you’ll evolve into something with wings. | 也许你还能进化出翅膀之类的东西 |
[18:20] | Good morning,gentlemen. | 早安 先生们 |
[18:22] | Hey. good morning. | 早安 |
[18:25] | Is there some new kind of casual friday | 这是不是什么新的星期五便装日 |
[18:27] | I don’t know about? | 而我不知道 |
[18:29] | No,he lives here now. | 不是 他在这安家了 |
[18:31] | Really? why? | 真的吗 为啥 |
[18:33] | Since he won’t take the bus and he’s too evolved to drive, | 因为他不乘公交 而且进化得连车都开不了了 |
[18:36] | He decided it would be easier to just sleep in his office | 所以决定 在我完成我的实验前 |
[18:38] | And shower in the radiation lab | 在他办公室睡觉 在放射室洗澡 |
[18:40] | Until I’m finished with my experiment. | 可能更好 |
[18:43] | But you finished your experiment a week ago. | 不过你一周前不就完成了吗 |
[18:45] | Yep | 没错 |
[19:02] | Ay,dios mio. | 天呢 |
[19:03] | Tra vez? | 又来了 |
[19:05] | Deben ser rata | 肯定是老鼠 |
[19:08] | Las ratas no hacen pan tostado | 老鼠不会烤面包 |
[19:11] | Y le cortan las orillas. | 还把面包皮切开 |
[19:20] | Ay,dios mio! | 妈呀 |
[19:22] | You saw nothing! | 就当什么都没看见 |