时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | ♪ You don’t owe me One more minute of your wasted time ♪ | |
[00:12] | ♪ You act like it’s all fine ♪ | |
[00:15] | ♪ It isn’t hard to leave ♪ | |
[00:17] | ♪ Knowing that I’ll be getting life On track ♪ | |
[00:22] | ♪ I wanted to believe ♪ | |
[00:26] | ♪ I’ve gotta make a destination ♪ | |
[00:32] | ♪ Find where I belong ♪ | |
[00:35] | ♪ This time I’ve got no hesitation ♪ | |
[00:42] | ♪ And I’ll be movin’ on ♪ | |
[00:45] | ♪ To where I belong ♪ | |
[00:48] | ♪ I’ll be movin’ on ♪ | |
[00:52] | ♪ Over the line I’ve drawn ♪ | |
[00:55] | ♪ I’m already gone ♪ | |
[01:18] | Still waters, Mr. Maddox? | 还浇水吗 马多克斯先生? |
[01:22] | Sorry, what? | 不好意思 什么? |
[01:23] | Morning, man, and I do mean good given the night you just had. | 早上好 哥们 我是说真的好 毕竟你昨晚那么快活 |
[01:27] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么呢? |
[01:29] | -[chuckles] -And how did you get Mrs. Alcott in on it? | 而且你是怎么 让艾克特夫人一起加入的? |
[01:31] | You still afraid to use her first name? | 你依然害怕直呼她的名字? |
[01:33] | -What is it? -I have no idea. | -她叫什么名字? -不知道 |
[01:35] | But Carla told me what you were up to last night. | 不过卡拉跟我说了你昨晚做的事 |
[01:37] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. What does your wife think she knows? | 你老婆知道的是什么情况? |
[01:39] | She heard from her sister who heard from Mary Vaughn | 她听她姐妹说 她姐妹是听玛丽·沃恩说 |
[01:41] | who happened to drop by at just the right moment– | 玛丽·沃恩当时正好路过… |
[01:43] | Heard what? | 听说什么了? |
[01:44] | That you and Maddie Townsend were, uh… | 你和麦迪·汤森当时正在… |
[01:46] | How did she word it? Uh… | 她原话是什么来着? |
[01:47] | Canoodling. | 亲热 |
[01:48] | -For the love of God. -Yep. | -我的天啊 -是啊 |
[01:50] | -That’s not what happened at all. -On the front porch in front of God | -完全不是那么一回事 |
[01:52] | and Mary Vaughn. | -就在前廊… |
[01:52] | What’s the big deal, all right? | 有什么大不了的 对吧? |
[01:54] | It’s an oral presentation. You can fake half of it | 这是口头演讲 只要你有风格 |
[01:56] | as long as you do it with style. | 一半时间都可以胡说 |
[01:57] | You could. I don’t do the whole talking in front of class thing. | 你可以 但我做不来在全班面前讲话 |
[02:00] | Should I apologize for taking all the charisma in the family? | 家里属我最有魅力 难道我要道歉? |
[02:02] | Kyle! If I don’t pass this, I’m on academic probation from the team. | 凯尔 要是我挂掉这个 那我就要被球队留校察看了 |
[02:04] | I need your help. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[02:06] | Say that again for posterity. | 再说一次 留给子孙后代 |
[02:09] | Coach saw your mom’s posterity last night. [laughs] | 教练昨晚看到了你妈的子孙后代 |
[02:13] | It’s not even what that means. | 这词都不是那个意思 |
[02:16] | What was he talking about, anyways? | 他刚刚是在说什么? |
[02:19] | I’ll see ya. | 晚点见 |
[02:20] | Hey. | |
[02:24] | [Helen] Tom, you do not have a case. | 汤姆 你这案子不成立 |
[02:26] | Your client claims wrongful termination, | 你的委托人声称遭到非法解雇 |
[02:28] | but he was quite rightfully terminated. | 但是解雇他是合理正当行为 |
[02:30] | Prove it. | 拿出证据来 |
[02:31] | Quiet. | 别说话 |
[02:34] | We all know that your claim is meaningless without evidence. | 我们都知道 没有证据的话 你们的说法毫无意义 |
[02:36] | Our witness will testify to seeing your client remove, | 我方证人将会作证 见到了你的委托人 |
[02:41] | without authorization, | 在未经授权的情况下 |
[02:42] | several bottles of high-end whiskey from the restaurant. | 从餐厅拿走了若干瓶高档威士忌 |
[02:45] | The value of those bottles reaches near a thousand dollars, | 那些酒的价值接近一千美元 |
[02:49] | and that is petty larceny. | 这是轻盗窃罪 |
[02:54] | -It’s a misdemeanor. -It’s jail time, | -这是轻罪 -要坐牢的 |
[02:56] | or at the very least a substantial fine | 或者至少是巨额罚款 |
[02:59] | which your client may be hard-pressed to pay | 你的委托人可能经济拮据付不起 |
[03:01] | given his lack of employment. | 毕竟他现在失业 |
[03:04] | [Tom sighs] | |
[03:07] | Drop the suit. | 撤诉 |
[03:09] | And we don’t press charges. | 我们也不会提起诉讼 |
[03:11] | We’d also like to see your client seek treatment for his drinking problem. | 我们还希望看到 你的委托人去治疗酗酒问题 |
[03:16] | That, however, is a request and not a demand. | 不过这不是硬性要求 |
[03:23] | -Screw you! -Whoa! | 去你们的 |
[03:26] | You know, the only problem is having to listen to this bullshit. | 唯一的问题就是 要听这一大堆胡说八道 |
[03:31] | [exhales] | |
[03:34] | I apologize for my client’s outburst. | 我为委托人的情绪爆发而道歉 |
[03:36] | I’m sure he will find the terms amenable. | 我相信他一定会接受这些条件 |
[03:42] | I’ll be in touch, Helen. | 我会保持联系 海伦 |
[03:46] | God bless Isaac for coming forward, | 好在艾萨克挺身而出 |
[03:48] | and you were fretting that your staff doesn’t like you. | 你竟然还担心员工不喜欢你 |
[03:50] | [scoffs] Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:54] | [sighs] | |
[03:57] | So I told her, “I don’t want to take you to the restaurant where I work,” | 于是我跟她说: “我不想带你去我工作的餐厅” |
[04:00] | and then she was all like, “Oh–“ | 之后她说:“喔…” |
[04:01] | Are we working, or are we chatting? | 现在是工作时间还是聊天时间? |
[04:03] | Working, Chef. | 工作时间 主厨 |
[04:10] | It’s a madhouse out there. | 外面真是乱哄哄的 |
[04:13] | Yes, thank you for that brand-new information. | 是啊 谢谢你告诉我们这个新消息 |
[04:18] | I’m getting my lunch to go. | 我来拿我的外带午餐 |
[04:21] | Niçoise, madam, | 尼斯沙拉 女士 |
[04:24] | and a treat for dessert. | 还有免费甜点 |
[04:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:31] | You all right, Dana Sue? You look a little flushed. | 你没事吧 达娜·苏? 你面色有点潮红 |
[04:34] | Well, I’m in a hot kitchen, if you haven’t noticed. | 好吧 不知道你有没有注意到 我在一个火热的厨房里 |
[04:36] | Dana Sue, I’m just worried about you. | -达娜·苏 我只是担心你 |
[04:38] | Okay, stop fussing! I’m fine! | -行了 别再小题大做了 我没事 |
[04:42] | Dana Sue! | 达娜·苏 |
[04:43] | -[Erik] Hey, give me space. -[man] Is she okay? | 腾出空间 |
[04:45] | Somebody turn off that burner. | 把火炉关掉 |
[04:48] | [Helen] Dana Sue. | -达娜·苏 |
[04:49] | Isaac, stockpot, | -艾萨克 |
[04:53] | under her feet. | 拿个汤锅 垫在她脚下 |
[04:55] | [Helen] What’s wrong with her? | 她是怎么了? |
[04:57] | What’s wrong with her? | |
[05:00] | Helen, call 911. Now. | 海伦 马上打911 |
[05:03] | [Helen sobs] | |
[05:11] | Now I know at least one of you can tell me the key elements of the Marshall Plan. | 我知道你们肯定有人知道 马歇尔计划的关键要素 |
[05:19] | Let me remind you that participation is still ten percent of your grade | 我提醒一下 课堂参与占最后成绩的10% |
[05:23] | and that some of you need it. | 你们有些人需要这份成绩 |
[05:25] | So let’s see some hands. | 所以快点举手吧 |
[05:27] | [knock at door] | |
[05:29] | Hi, um, I’m here for Annie Sullivan. | 嗨 我来找安妮·沙利文 |
[05:36] | [indistinct announcement over PA] | |
[05:43] | Hi. I just want to say thank you. | 嗨 我只是想说声谢谢 |
[05:46] | -For what? -Well, knowin’ what to do. | -谢什么? -谢谢你知道当时怎么做 |
[05:48] | Dana Sue’s gonna be okay because of you. | 多亏你 达娜·苏才会没事 |
[05:50] | [exhales, sniffs] | |
[05:52] | How’s she doing? | 她现在怎么样? |
[05:54] | Oh, they’re, uh, running tests | 他们在做各种检测 |
[05:56] | and more tests | 更多检测 |
[05:58] | and other tests. I don’t know. | 无数检测 我不知道了 |
[06:00] | That’s good. | 这样挺好 |
[06:04] | When, uh… | 达娜·苏倒下时 |
[06:06] | When Dana Sue went down, | |
[06:08] | you, uh, knew exactly… exactly what to do. | 你知道…具体应该怎么做 |
[06:13] | And when the EMTs arrived, | 而且急救人员抵达时 |
[06:15] | you were rattling off information | 你飞快地报出各种信息、体征数据 |
[06:18] | and vitals and Lord knows what else. | 还有天知道其他一些什么 |
[06:22] | Where on earth did you learn all that? | 你是从哪里学的? |
[06:25] | [chuckles] Um… | |
[06:28] | General Hospital was my grandmama’s favorite | 我成长期间 我奶奶最喜欢看 |
[06:30] | when I was growing up. | 《综合医院》 |
[06:33] | I’m gonna go open the kitchen back up. | 我去让厨房重新开张 |
[06:36] | Let me know once you know something. | 有情况就马上告诉我 |
[06:38] | Anything. | 任何情况 |
[06:40] | Of course. | 当然 |
[06:42] | Get off my purse, and hand me my phone right this second. | 马上离开我的包包 把我手机给我 |
[06:45] | No, ma’am. | 不行 |
[06:46] | Well, I’m not staying, so… | 好吧 我不会住院的 所以… |
[06:49] | Sit down, please. | 请坐下 |
[06:51] | You have another hour on that IV. | -你还有一小时的静脉注射 |
[06:52] | No, I can’t spend that kind of time. | -不行 我花不起这时间 |
[06:54] | I gotta get back to the restaurant. | 我得回餐厅 |
[06:56] | Howie, come on. | 霍华 拜托 |
[06:58] | Now, it’s very sweet of you to come all the way down here to check on me– | 非常辛苦你大老远来查看我的情况… |
[07:01] | I was called in as your general practitioner, | 我被叫过来 是因为我是你的全科医生 |
[07:04] | -whom you rarely see. -[scoffs] | 但你很少来见我 |
[07:06] | Annie, give your mama and me a minute. | 安妮 让我跟你妈妈单独聊一会 |
[07:08] | I want to stay, Dr. Young. | 我想留下 杨医生 |
[07:12] | Annie and I don’t have secrets, Howie, and this is no big deal. | 我和安妮之间没有秘密 霍华 这也不是什么大事 |
[07:16] | Dana Sue, you had a hyperglycemic emergency. | 达娜·苏 你出现了高血糖急症 |
[07:19] | You have a genetic predisposition to insulin issues. | 你有罹患胰岛素问题的遗传性倾向 |
[07:22] | If you don’t get your blood sugar under control, | 如果不控制好血糖 |
[07:24] | you’re gonna be dealing with type 2 diabetes, like your mother. | 你会和你母亲一样患上二型糖尿病 |
[07:26] | You have to do what he says, Mom. | 你必须听从医嘱 妈妈 |
[07:29] | We’ll start with a series of glucose tolerance tests | 我们要开始做一系列的 葡萄糖耐受测试 |
[07:31] | to establish a baseline | 确定基线 |
[07:32] | and we’ll develop a treatment plan from there, | 之后再制定治疗计划 |
[07:35] | but, Dana Sue, | 但是 达娜·苏 |
[07:36] | the essential element is your cooperation. | 最重要的是你要配合治疗 |
[07:42] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[07:44] | [Howie] All right. | 好 |
[07:45] | All right. | 好 |
[07:46] | I’m serious. | 我说真的 |
[07:48] | Watch your mother. | 看好你妈妈 |
[07:53] | [sighs] | |
[07:56] | Maddie. | 麦迪 |
[07:58] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[07:59] | Uh, coffee from Wharton’s, poured by Ms. Grace herself. | 沃顿餐厅的咖啡 格蕾丝小姐亲自倒的 |
[08:03] | -Thought you could use a pick-me-up. -I certainly could. Thank you. | -我想着也许你想喝外带咖啡 -没错 谢谢你 |
[08:09] | How’s Dana Sue? | 达娜·苏怎么样? |
[08:12] | She’s doing better. | 她情况有所好转 |
[08:15] | That’s good. | 挺好的 |
[08:17] | It was nice of you to come down here. | 你过来这里 真是有心了 |
[08:21] | Well, to be honest, I didn’t… | 说实话 我不是… |
[08:23] | come just to check on her. | 只是来看她 |
[08:26] | Um… | |
[08:28] | You may have heard, but there are some… | 你也许听说了 |
[08:32] | rumors going around. | 最近的一些传言 |
[08:35] | Welcome to Serenity, | 欢迎来到宁静镇 |
[08:37] | where we all know each other’s business for good or for ill. | 这里大家都知道彼此的闲事 |
[08:40] | [chuckles] Except there isn’t any business. | 无论是好是坏 只是这不是什么闲事 |
[08:44] | I was fixing your sink. | 我是在给你修水槽 |
[08:46] | If this is your first brush with how tongues wag around here, | 如果这是你第一次体验到 这里的人是如何嚼舌根的 |
[08:50] | congratulations. | 那么恭喜你来 |
[08:51] | You’ve been here since September. | 你九月份就来了这里 |
[08:54] | That actually might be some sort of record. | 这时间也许算是破纪录了 |
[08:56] | Okay, well, uh, how do you wanna handle this? | 好吧 你想怎么处理这事? |
[08:58] | There’s nothing to handle, | 没什么好处理的 |
[09:00] | unless you keep changing clothes in my driveway. | 除非你一直在我家车道上换衣服 |
[09:03] | It was a shirt. | 那是件衬衫 |
[09:06] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[09:07] | By dinner, everyone’ll have moved on to Dana Sue having the bubonic plague | 到了晚餐时间 大家就会转而议论 达娜·苏得了腺鼠疫 |
[09:11] | and we’ll be fine. | 我们到时候就没事了 |
[09:13] | [chuckles] | |
[09:15] | There’s nothing wrong with us being friends. | 我们做朋友没什么问题 |
[09:19] | Friends. | 朋友 |
[09:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:26] | Here’s to friendship. | 敬友谊 |
[09:28] | Yes. | 好 (你妈妈没事吧?) |
[09:43] | I’m driving you home or what? | 要我载你回家还是怎么? |
[09:44] | Uh, yeah, thanks. | 要 谢谢 |
[09:46] | Sorry, it’s been a weird day. | 抱歉 只是今天太奇怪了 |
[09:48] | I bet. Heard my folks talking about the whole thing last night. | 肯定是的 我听到我爸妈谈论昨晚那件事 |
[09:51] | And my mom said after everything that your mom’s been through, | 我妈说 你妈妈经历了这些事 |
[09:53] | you know, she deserves a chance to be happy. | 应当有获得幸福的机会 |
[09:55] | You driving, or you trying to be Dr. Phil? | 你这是要开车还是要做菲尔医生? |
[09:57] | Hey, man. Dr. Phil makes bank, all right? | 嘿 菲尔医生赚钱可多了 好吧? |
[10:04] | Annie, what are you doing? | 安妮 你在做什么? |
[10:06] | Dr. Young said that you need to watch your sugar intake. | 杨医生说你要注意摄入的糖分 |
[10:08] | It’ll be a lot easier if none of this is in the house. | 要是家里没了这些东西 事情会简单得多 |
[10:12] | What are you planning on eating? | 那你计划吃什么? |
[10:13] | There’s tons of Paleo recipes on Pinterest. | 网上多的是原始人饮食食谱 |
[10:16] | I’ll figure it out. | 我会想办法解决的 |
[10:16] | Okay, look. Look. | 好了 听着 |
[10:18] | I know, today was scary, | 我知道 今天的事很可怕 |
[10:19] | but you are overreacting, okay? | 但你这是反应过度了 好吧? |
[10:22] | And I am an adult, and I’m perfectly capable | 我是个成年人 我非常有能力 |
[10:25] | of watching my sugar intake | 盯着自己摄入的糖分 |
[10:27] | without any help from you, okay? | 你不用帮忙 好吗? |
[10:28] | So as usual, you’re perfect, and everybody else is wrong. | 所以和往常一样 你很完美 其他人都是错的 |
[10:31] | -No, Annie, that– -[Helen] Knock, knock. | -不是 安妮… -我们来了 |
[10:36] | -Y’all in the middle of something? -[Annie] No, it’s fine. | -你们有什么事吗? -没事 没关系 |
[10:38] | I’ll clean this up later. | 我晚点再收拾这个 |
[10:43] | She’s worried, and I was not gracious. | 她担心我 |
[10:46] | It’s fine. | 我却不知感激 没事的 |
[10:48] | Y’all didn’t have to go to Egret Falls to pick up Thai food. | 你们不必去白鹭瀑布镇买泰餐的 |
[10:52] | How’d you know it was Thai? | 你怎么知道是泰餐? |
[10:53] | Chef’s nose? | 主厨的嗅觉? |
[10:55] | Well, seems like Bangkok Palace | 看起来只有曼谷宫殿餐厅 |
[10:57] | is the only place that you don’t complain about. | 才是你不会抱怨的地方 |
[11:00] | Hey, I never complain. | 嘿 |
[11:02] | [Helen] Okay. | 我从来都不抱怨 |
[11:03] | Let us– Let us just give thanks… | -让我们就心怀感激 -海伦 |
[11:06] | -Helen. -…that you are safe at home | 你现在安全在家 |
[11:08] | -[scoffs, clears throat] -because, Lord forgive me | 因为 上帝原谅我 |
[11:10] | there was a moment this morning where I didn’t… I didn’t know. | 今早有那么一刻 我完全不知所措 |
[11:13] | God bless Erik Whitley. | 上帝保佑埃里克·惠特尼 |
[11:15] | You’re acting like I was on death’s door. | 你们表现得我好像去了鬼门关一样 |
[11:18] | I had a bad moment. I’m fine. | 我只是那一刻不大舒服 我没事 |
[11:20] | Okay, yes, but it was still serious. | 好吧 但情况依然很严重 |
[11:22] | I mean, especially given all the… givens. | 我是说 尤其是鉴于…所有的情况 |
[11:26] | -Because diabetes killed my mother. -[Maddie] Well… | -因为我母亲死于糖尿病 -这个… |
[11:28] | Look. Honestly, I get the gravity. Okay? | 说实话 我明白事情的严重性 好吗? |
[11:32] | And thank you for worrying about me, | 谢谢你们担心我 |
[11:34] | but can we please just worry about dinner right now? | 但现在能只担心晚餐吗? |
[11:38] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 |
[11:39] | -Of course. Mm. -[Dana Sue] Thank you. | -当然 -谢谢 |
[11:43] | I’d use more lemongrass. | 应该多放些柠檬草 |
[11:45] | [snickers] | |
[11:47] | That is an opinion, not a complaint! | 那是观点 不是抱怨 |
[11:49] | -No, of course. -[laughs] | 当然不是 |
[11:51] | Yah! | |
[11:52] | [stammers] Hold on, okay, I genuinely need you to tell me… | 等等 好了 我真的需要你告诉我… |
[11:57] | how you’re a Pirates fan. | 你怎么会喜欢海盗队 |
[11:58] | Oh, um… | |
[12:00] | Let’s see. When I was six, I thought pirates were cool. | 我想想 在我六岁时 我觉得海盗很酷 |
[12:02] | -All right. -And, uh, now I’m an adult, and, uh… | -好的 -现在我成年了 |
[12:06] | pirates are still cool. What’s there to discuss? | 海盗依然很酷 有什么好讨论的? |
[12:08] | How deeply concerned I am that you don’t have better taste. | 我真是对你的品味深表担忧 |
[12:10] | In fact, you owe me a drink for making me watch soccer. | 你逼我看足球赛 得请我喝杯酒 |
[12:12] | This is the world’s game. Do not denigrate the name. | 全世界都喜欢足球 别搞污名化 |
[12:14] | What? No. But baseball’s America’s pastime. | 什么?不 美国人的消遣是棒球 |
[12:16] | I am so sorry to bother y’all, but you’re Cal Maddox, right? | 真抱歉打扰你们 你是卡尔·马多克斯吗? |
[12:22] | Yes, he is. | 是的 他就是 |
[12:24] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[12:25] | -[chuckles] -Mm-hmm. | |
[12:26] | I just have to tell you that I adore you. | 我只是要告诉你我非常仰慕你 |
[12:28] | I mean, as a ballplayer. | 我是说 作为棒球球员 |
[12:30] | Uh, that’s very kind of you. | 你人真好 |
[12:32] | You were my favorite player your first season with the Braves. | 你在勇士队的首个赛季时 是我最爱的球员 |
[12:34] | I was getting my engineering degree at Emory, | 当时我在埃默里大学念工程学位 |
[12:36] | and I watched every home game I could. | 每次主场比赛我都尽量去看 |
[12:39] | I must have seen you play, what, a dozen times. | 我看你比赛肯定有十几次了 |
[12:42] | You were, uh, easily the best looking guy on the roster… | 你绝对是球员里最帅的 |
[12:45] | -[chokes] -…and the best rookie at bat. | 也是上场击球的最佳新手 |
[12:49] | It broke my heart when you had to leave baseball. | 当你离开棒球队时 我心都碎了 |
[12:53] | Yeah. | -嗯 |
[12:55] | It would be an honor to buy you a drink. | -要是能给你买杯酒 我会很荣幸 |
[12:59] | Thank you, but my friend here | 谢谢 |
[13:01] | already owes me a drink | 不过我这位朋友 已经欠我一杯酒了 |
[13:03] | and by the look of things, a few more rounds of trash talking. | 而且根据现在的情况来看 还得说个几轮坏话 |
[13:09] | Of course. [chuckles] | 好的 |
[13:10] | Not to trouble you further, but can I please get a selfie? | 我不想继续麻烦你 不过能拍个自拍吗? |
[13:13] | Just to prove to myself that this actually happened? | 只是为了向我自己证明 这事真的发生过? |
[13:16] | -Yeah, of course. -[girl laughs] | 当然可以 |
[13:19] | -All right. Ready? -Mm-hmm. | 好 准备好了? |
[13:22] | One, two… One more? | 一、二…再来一张? |
[13:24] | [camera shutter clicks] | |
[13:27] | Thank you so much. | 太谢谢你了 |
[13:28] | You’re more than welcome. You have a lovely evening. | 不客气 祝你今晚愉快 |
[13:30] | [girl] Okay. See you around. | 好 再见 |
[13:31] | Come by anytime. | 随时可以过来 |
[13:34] | Brother, she’s smart, she’s gorgeous, | 哥们 她又聪明又美艳 |
[13:37] | she digs baseball, and she’s into your mediocre mug. | 她喜欢棒球 还喜欢你那张中庸的脸 |
[13:40] | She’s basically the perfect woman. | 她基本上就是个完美女人 |
[13:42] | Maybe, but not for me. | 也许吧 但不适合我 |
[13:45] | Yeah. | 卡尔… |
[13:52] | -Uh… -Hey. TV? | 嘿 看电视呢? |
[13:54] | [stammers] This is homework. | 这是家庭作业 |
[13:55] | I’m trying to see as many interpretations of Puck as possible, | 我想看尽可能多版本的帕克 |
[13:57] | and, yes, I put Katie to bed. | 而且我已经把凯蒂哄睡了 |
[13:59] | Okay, good. Did you brush her teeth? | 很好 你给她刷牙了吗? |
[14:01] | I put her to bed. | 我把她哄睡了 |
[14:04] | [sighs] | |
[14:06] | It’s basically empty. | 这基本上是空的 |
[14:10] | How’s Ms. Dana Sue? | 达娜·苏怎样了? |
[14:11] | She gave us a good scare, but she’ll be fine. | 她把我们吓坏了 不过她会没事的 |
[14:15] | That’s good. | 那就好 |
[14:16] | Annie’s doing fine too if that’s what you were gonna ask. | 如果你是想打探安妮的话 她也没事 |
[14:19] | I wasn’t, but that’s great. | 并不是 不过她没事就好 |
[14:20] | Whose are those? | 那些是谁的? |
[14:22] | -[Tyler] Kyle’s. -Kyle. | -凯尔 -凯尔 |
[14:24] | [Tyler] My coach, Mom? | 我教练 妈? |
[14:26] | Really? | 真的? |
[14:28] | -What in God’s name are you talking about? -It’s all over school. | -你到底在说什么? -学校都传遍了 |
[14:32] | [laughs] | |
[14:33] | He came over to fix the sink. Tyler, you were here. You saw him. | 他是来修水槽的 泰勒 你当时在场 你看到他了 |
[14:37] | I don’t know what I saw! | 我不知道看到了什么 |
[14:39] | People are talking. | 大家都在谈这事 |
[14:40] | Look, Mom, if you want to date… | 听着 妈 如果你想约会… |
[14:42] | Ew. Fine, whatever! | 随便你 |
[14:44] | But why couldn’t you have literally picked anyone else in this stupid town? | 但你为什么偏偏不选这个破镇子上 其他任何一个人呢? |
[14:47] | [scoffs] People just stopped talking about Dad, now I have to deal with this? | 大家刚停止讨论爸爸 现在我又得面对这一出? |
[14:50] | I know, I know, and I’m sorry, | 我知道 我也很抱歉 |
[14:52] | but there is nothing going on between me and Coach Maddox, | 但我和马多克斯教练之间没有什么 |
[14:56] | and if that changes, | 如果这方面有变化 |
[14:59] | you will be the first to know. | 你会是第一个知道的人 |
[15:07] | Kyle, get your dishes. | 凯尔 把你的碗洗了 |
[15:12] | [sighs] | |
[15:13] | Mommy! | 妈妈 |
[15:14] | You are supposed to be asleep, Baby Bean. | 你应该睡着了才对 小豆子 |
[15:18] | I waited so you could say my prayers with me. | 我等着你来跟我一起祷告 |
[15:21] | Well, then, I feel special. | 那我感觉自己很特别啊 |
[15:24] | Dear God, | 亲爱的上帝 |
[15:26] | please bless me and Mommy | 请保佑我和妈妈 |
[15:28] | and Daddy and Ty and Kyle | 还有爸爸、阿泰、凯尔 |
[15:30] | and Nana and Meemaw and Pop-Pop, | 奶奶、姥姥和爷爷 |
[15:33] | and please bless Ms. Belanger and everyone else at school, | 还请保佑贝朗格老师和学校所有人 |
[15:37] | and please bless Becca’s bunny with the broken foot, | 也要保佑贝卡那只瘸腿兔子 |
[15:41] | and please, God, please fix my family. | 还有上帝 请修复我的家庭 |
[15:46] | Amen. Good night, Mommy. | 阿门 晚安 妈妈 |
[15:58] | Good to hear Dana Sue’s doing all right. | 听到达娜·苏没事 我就开心了 |
[16:00] | Been praying for her. | 我一直为她祈祷 |
[16:02] | Yeah… | 是啊 |
[16:03] | she’ll be grateful to hear that, I bet. | 她听到这个 |
[16:05] | -Mm. -And she’ll also be really grateful | 一定会很感激 如果能了解目前的维修进度 |
[16:08] | to get a handle on where we are with these repairs. | 她也会非常感激 |
[16:11] | [Maddie] Mm. Subtle. | 委婉一点 |
[16:13] | It’ll be tight, but so long as there’s no more big hiccups, | 虽然时间紧 但只要不再有什么大的耽搁 |
[16:18] | we might just have a snowball’s chance of finishing on time. | 我们也许有一点点机会如期完工 |
[16:22] | Morning, y’all. | 大家早上好 |
[16:23] | Oh, Mary Vaughn, what an undeserved pleasure. | 玛丽·沃恩 真是不速之客 |
[16:26] | I don’t know what you think you’re doing, but it has got to stop. | 我不知道你们在做什么 但必须停下来 |
[16:30] | And, uh, who do you think you are? | 你又是哪位? |
[16:33] | Ryan. | 莱恩 |
[16:36] | Um… | |
[16:38] | Skeeter, you remember Ryan Wingate. | 史基特 你记得莱恩·温格特吧 |
[16:41] | Ms. Frances’ nephew… | 弗朗西丝小姐的侄子 |
[16:44] | who hasn’t visited in a long while. | 很久没有来访过了 |
[16:47] | I have to say this is a surprise. | 这是让人大吃一惊 |
[16:48] | As big a surprise as learning you’re tearing up my aunt’s house, | 让人大吃一惊的是 你们在拆我姨妈的房子 |
[16:50] | and no one bothered to get my thoughts on the matter. Hm? | 但没人问过我对这件事的意见 |
[16:53] | Well, given the fact that she sold it to us outright, | 鉴于她直接把房子卖给了我们 |
[16:56] | it is quite literally none of your business. | 这是真真正正的不关你事 |
[16:59] | Ryan, have you spoken to Ms. Frances? | 莱恩 你跟弗朗西丝小姐谈过没? |
[17:00] | She told me she didn’t want to discuss it. | 她说不想讨论这事 |
[17:02] | The poor dear is clearly distressed. | 我可怜的姨妈肯定苦恼不已 |
[17:04] | [laughs] The poor dear! | 可怜的姨妈 |
[17:06] | The poor dear who could, | 你那可怜的姨妈 |
[17:08] | by the way, still chew you up and spit you out, | 依然能把你生剥活吞了 |
[17:11] | was delighted to entrust this house to people who care about its history. | 她非常高兴地将这房子 委托给了关心其历史的人 |
[17:15] | If you cared, you wouldn’t be tearing it down. | 你要是关心 就不会拆了它 |
[17:17] | Renovating it! | 是翻修 |
[17:19] | Speaking of, I’ll get back to work. | 说到这个 我得继续干活了 |
[17:21] | Thank you, Skeeter. | -谢谢你 史基特 |
[17:22] | Well, you can’t because I am petitioning | -不行 因为我在请愿 |
[17:24] | to have this declared a historic structure. | 将这里宣布为历史建筑 |
[17:27] | -A what? -You are joking! | -什么? -你开玩笑呢! |
[17:29] | While the City Council considers Mr. Wingate’s petition, | 在市议会考虑温格特先生的请愿期间 |
[17:32] | there can be no more construction | 不能进行任何 |
[17:33] | that alters the original character of the house, | 改变房子本来面目的施工 |
[17:37] | which, of course, halts y’all’s project here. | 当然 你们在此的项目得停工 |
[17:40] | After all, we have to consider what’s best for the future of Serenity. | 毕竟 我们必须考虑 怎样才对宁静镇的未来最好 |
[17:47] | I don’t know what the mayor’s little lady told you, | 我不知道镇长的小女人对你说了什么 |
[17:49] | but every step of our approach to this project | 但我们在这项目上走的每一步 |
[17:53] | has been with respect to this house and to your aunt | 都很尊重这栋房子 尊重你姨妈 |
[17:56] | who we see on an almost daily basis | 我们几乎每天都见到她 |
[17:58] | -because we don’t live in San Francisco. -I cared enough to come, didn’t I? | -因为我们不住旧金山 -我来就表示我很关心了 不是吗? |
[18:04] | Or maybe you would care enough | 或许你有足够多的关心 |
[18:06] | to allow me to show you our business plans. | 能让我给你看看我们的商业计划 |
[18:08] | I can answer all your questions then. | 到时候我能回答你的所有问题 |
[18:10] | -[Mary] I’ve got a showing– -I can handle it… | 我还要带人看房… 我应付得来 |
[18:14] | but I doubt I’ll be persuaded. | 但我应该不会被你说服 |
[18:17] | -The Ryan? -Yep. | -莱恩本尊? -是的 |
[18:20] | You know he didn’t come all this way for the house. | 你知道他大老远过来不是为了房子 |
[18:23] | -He came for you. -[Helen] That is crazy. | -他来是为了你 -疯言疯语 |
[18:26] | Why do you act like it’s impossible? | 你为什么装作不可能的样子? |
[18:28] | First love never truly goes away. | 初恋永远不会真的消失 |
[18:32] | You guys always had my definition of great romance. | 你们俩始终是我眼里的绝佳浪漫 |
[18:35] | Stealing kisses, | 偷偷亲吻 |
[18:37] | sneaking around. | 偷溜出去玩 |
[18:38] | Summertime when he was here visiting Ms. Frances. | 夏天他来探望弗朗西丝小姐的时候 |
[18:41] | -I was there. Thank you very much. -Okay. | -我也在场 谢谢你 -好吧 |
[18:43] | Yeah, sneaking around | 是啊 偷溜出去 |
[18:44] | ’cause Ryan’s daddy couldn’t stand a Wingate dating a black girl. | 因为莱恩的爸爸忍受不了 温格特家的人跟黑人姑娘约会 |
[18:48] | You can stop at any time. | 你可以随时打住 |
[18:49] | There was always that hint of destiny, | 始终都有股命运的味道 |
[18:51] | how you kept finding each other. | 你们一直遇到彼此 |
[18:53] | College. | 大学 |
[18:55] | San Francisco. | 旧金山 |
[18:56] | Which they wouldn’t have had to do if he didn’t keep taking off | 要不是他一直离开 让可怜的海伦心碎 |
[18:59] | and breaking poor Helen’s heart. | 他们也不必“一直遇到彼此” |
[19:01] | Whoa, whoa. [stammers] There’s no poor Helen. | 别说什么“可怜的海伦” |
[19:04] | It was a long time ago, and it was fine, just fine. | 那是陈年往事了 而且都没事了 |
[19:06] | Except the part where he’s threatening the spa. | 除了他威胁水疗所的事 |
[19:08] | And that will be fine, too. | 这方面也会没事的 |
[19:10] | -You’re sure about that? -Yes. | -你确定 -是的 |
[19:13] | Our business plan’s rock solid. | 我们的商业机会靠谱得很 |
[19:15] | [stammers] We’re barely changing the exterior of the house | 我们基本没改变屋子的外观 |
[19:19] | and most importantly, [stammers] Ms. Frances is on board. | 最重要的是 弗朗西丝小姐也同意了 |
[19:24] | Okay. Then why are you so fluttery? | 好吧 那你为什么这么焦躁不安? |
[19:27] | ‘Cause she’s gonna go see Ryan. | 因为她要去见莱恩 |
[19:29] | Just the two of you. Private meeting. | 就你们两个人 私下见面 |
[19:31] | I have a deposition. | 我要去做证言笔录 |
[19:33] | You two can feel free to continue this little Tiger Beat meeting without me. | 你们俩可以随意继续你们的少女八卦 |
[19:39] | [chuckles] | |
[19:48] | Oh, hey. | |
[19:50] | Hey, uh, Maddie. | 嘿 麦迪 |
[19:52] | -Hey. -Hey, uh, you got a second? | -嘿 -你有时间吗? |
[19:55] | Yeah. Half a one. What’s– What’s going on? | 有 怎么了? |
[19:57] | Well, I’ve been thinking, um, about what you said, | 我一直在想你说的话 |
[20:01] | you and I being friends, | 关于我们做朋友的事 |
[20:03] | and I have one problem. | 我有一个问题 |
[20:08] | I don’t want to be friends. | 我不想做朋友 |
[20:10] | I want more than that, | 我想要更多 |
[20:12] | and you are beautiful and kind | 你美丽、善良 |
[20:15] | and interesting | 风趣 |
[20:17] | and I couldn’t care less what people say or think about us. | 别人对我们怎么说、怎么想 我完全不在乎 |
[20:21] | Now I know things are a little more complicated on your end, | 我知道你手头的情况比我更加复杂 |
[20:26] | but I really think we got a shot at something. | 但我真的认为我们有机会成功 |
[20:30] | That is if you are interested. | 前提是你感兴趣 |
[20:35] | I don’t quite know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[20:41] | And I totally respect that. | 我完全尊重这点 |
[20:44] | I just thought you should know where I stand. | 我只是心想应该让你知道我的立场 |
[20:54] | [Helen] Our crew is, uh, very experienced in converting older houses into businesses | 将旧屋改造为商务场所 同时保留原有特色 |
[20:59] | while retaining the character. | 这方面我们的团队很有经验 |
[21:01] | And most of the crew is local, | 团队大多数都是本地人 |
[21:04] | and so they love this place as much as we do… | 所以他们和我们一样爱这个地方 |
[21:07] | and they’re showing it in their work. | 在其工作中也有所体现 |
[21:10] | Mrs. Lewis painted a very different picture | 路易斯夫人对于你们在这里做的事 |
[21:12] | about… what y’all were doing here. | 描绘得完全不一样 |
[21:15] | Of course she did. I– | 当然了 |
[21:16] | I was a part of scrapping one of her pet projects a little while ago, | 不久前她的一个宠物项目被取消 我参与了其中 |
[21:19] | so this is payback. | 所以这次是报复 |
[21:22] | I’m sorry to hear that… | 听到这事 |
[21:23] | Hm. | 我很遗憾 |
[21:24] | …but I’m glad she called. | 但我很高兴她打了电话 |
[21:28] | Ryan, we, um… | 莱恩 |
[21:31] | We all love your aunt, | 我们都爱你的姨妈 |
[21:32] | and we are committed to making this project | 我们致力于让这个项目 |
[21:34] | one that honors her legacy– | 能够纪念她留下来的东西… |
[21:36] | You should have called me. | 你应该给我打电话的 |
[21:37] | Why? | 为什么? |
[21:39] | You know what this house, the time I spent there, | 你知道这座房子、我在这里的时光 |
[21:41] | what that means to me. | 对我有什么意义 |
[21:42] | -You couldn’t pick up the phone? -It is not your house. | -你就不能拿起电话? -这不是你的房子 |
[21:46] | I know you and Ms. Frances were close once, | 我知道你和弗朗西丝小姐曾经很亲 |
[21:48] | but you haven’t set foot in Serenity in– | 但你上次来宁静镇已经是… |
[21:50] | Fourteen years. Believe me, I know. | 14年前 相信我 我知道 |
[21:54] | And I thought you didn’t care. | 我还以为你不在乎 |
[21:55] | About the house or about us? | 你是说这房子还是我们? |
[21:57] | Six of one, half dozen the other. | 一半一半 |
[22:10] | -About your petition– -I’ll get back to you. | -关于你的请愿书… -我会再给你消息 |
[22:14] | I got more thinking to do. | 我还要再思考一下 |
[22:17] | Huh. | |
[22:20] | [sighs] | |
[22:24] | What on earth were you thinking? | 你到底是在想什么? |
[22:25] | I was thinking of you. I figured something had to be wrong | 我在想着你 她们说服了你放弃房子 |
[22:28] | for them to get you to give up the house. | 我觉得肯定有事情不对劲 |
[22:30] | You are so full of nonsense, I can see it leaking out your ears. | 你真是随口就来 你的眼神露陷了 |
[22:33] | No, ma’am, Aunt Frances. | 不 弗朗西丝姨妈 |
[22:35] | If I had sold it to anyone else, | 要是我卖给了其他人 |
[22:37] | you would not so much as raised an eyebrow. | 你连眉毛都不会抬一下 |
[22:39] | You came flying back here because I sold it to Helen Decatur. | 你飞回了这里 是因为我卖给了海伦·迪凯特 |
[22:43] | I gotta tell ya, you shutting down the girl’s brand-new business | 我得跟你说 你把那姑娘的新店给关了 |
[22:46] | is not the best way back into her heart. | 这可不是赢回芳心的好办法 |
[22:48] | This is not about Helen. | 重点不在海伦 |
[22:49] | I wanted to check on you. Am I not allowed to miss you? | 我想来看看你 |
[22:51] | [chuckles] Oh. | 我就不能想你吗? |
[22:52] | Please. You’ve missed me to the tune of a Christmas card | 拜托 这么多年来 你对我的想念 |
[22:57] | and a birthday card for plenty of years. | 仅在于圣诞卡片和生日快乐 |
[23:00] | You would have been just fine missing me a little longer. | 你再多想我几年也不会有事 |
[23:02] | Why are you wasting time denying it? | 你为什么要浪费时间否认呢? |
[23:04] | It’s Helen Decatur you’re after, and you’re going about it like an idiot. | 你的目标是海伦·迪凯特 而你的方法蠢到家了 |
[23:15] | Ugh, stop shooting me those puppy dog eyes, | 别那样可怜兮兮地看着我 |
[23:16] | and get the pork chops on the griddle. | 把猪扒放到平底锅里 |
[23:18] | We’re all just worried about you. Have you eaten today? | 我们都只是担心你 你今天吃了吗? |
[23:22] | No, because I am fasting for another Dr. Young test, | 没有 因为为了杨医生的另一个测试 我正在禁食 |
[23:25] | and I can take care of myself, all right? | 我可以照顾自己 好吧? |
[23:27] | Don’t need you poking at me every 30 seconds. | 你们不用每30秒就戳戳我 |
[23:31] | Table 12 would like to speak to someone in charge. | 12号桌的人想跟餐厅负责人谈谈 |
[23:33] | They’re unhappy with the shrimp and grits. | 他们对鲜虾玉米粥不满意 |
[23:35] | Of course they are. | 当然了 |
[23:37] | -Mom, you okay? Have– -Okay. | -妈 你没事吧? -没事 |
[23:39] | Just stop! | 就此打住 |
[23:44] | Chef, I need you take a look at something. | 主厨 我需要你来看点东西 |
[23:49] | All right. Let’s go. [sighs] | 好 走吧 |
[23:57] | -Is something on your mind? -With all due respect, | -你心里有什么事? -恕我直言 |
[23:59] | I’ve never heard you rail on Annie like that. | 我从来没听到你对安妮那样严苛 |
[24:02] | -You’re over the line. -Chef, Dana Sue, | -你越界了 -主厨 达娜·苏 |
[24:06] | please, it just tells me there’s something wrong. | 拜托 这样只让我觉得不对劲 |
[24:10] | You’re not letting Helen or Maddie help you. | 你不让海伦和麦迪帮你 |
[24:12] | You’re not letting Annie help you, | 你不让安妮帮你 |
[24:13] | and I got a feeling you won’t let me help. | 我有种感觉 你也不会让我帮你 |
[24:15] | Because I don’t need it. | 因为我不需要帮忙 |
[24:19] | Look, all I know is, | 我只知道 |
[24:20] | I’ve walked through some valleys. | 我走过一些低谷 |
[24:22] | I thought I could do it alone, | 我以为自己能做到 |
[24:24] | and I couldn’t. | 但我并不行 |
[24:26] | And you shouldn’t be trying to either. | 你也不该那样去尝试 |
[24:28] | I’m fine. | -我没事 |
[24:30] | We’re swamped. | -我们忙得不可开交 |
[24:31] | -I know. -Yeah, you’ve been ill, | -我知道 -是的 你身体有病 |
[24:33] | and you’ll make yourself worse | 如果你继续想独自承担 |
[24:35] | if you keep trying to do it all by yourself. | 那只会让你的病情恶化 |
[24:38] | You don’t have to talk to me, | 你不必跟我谈心 |
[24:40] | but talk to someone. | 但你得找个人谈心 |
[24:42] | Lay down your burden | 在你把人赶开之前 |
[24:44] | before you drive people away. | 放下你的负担 |
[24:51] | Anything else? | 还有其他事吗? |
[24:55] | That’s the last of the pork chops. | 猪扒用完了 |
[25:00] | Well, then I guess we better get back in there | 那么看来我们最好回到厨房 |
[25:02] | and cook some chicken. | 煮一些鸡肉 |
[25:04] | Plus, the last thing I need is people whispering about us | 而且 我最不希望的就是 大家窃窃私语地议论着 |
[25:07] | being back here whispering. | 我们在这里窃窃私语的事 |
[25:12] | Okay. Prynne is the protaganist. | 好 白兰是主人公… |
[25:13] | Ty. Ty, you’re making this way harder than it needs to be. | 阿泰 事情并没有这么难 |
[25:16] | Okay? It’s like– like being on the pitcher’s mound. | 好吧?就像你站在投手丘上一样 |
[25:19] | Right? You don’t mind folks watching you then. | 对吧?那种时候你不介意人家盯着你 |
[25:21] | Yeah, but then I’m in my zone. | 对 但那是我的区域 |
[25:23] | -You know, I know what to do. -Then find your zone. | -我知道该怎么做 -那就找到你的区域 |
[25:25] | Okay, look. You gotta believe what you’re saying. | 听着 你得相信自己说的话 |
[25:28] | Okay? And try to bring the audience with you. | 好吧?然后努力融入听众进来 |
[25:30] | Yeah, but I don’t even get this stuff. | 嗯 但我都不懂这个东西 |
[25:31] | How am I supposed to bring the audience with me | 杰克森·路易斯就坐在我面前 |
[25:34] | when Jackson Lewis is sitting in front of me? | 我要怎样融入听众进来? |
[25:36] | First, he was trash-talking Dad and his baby mama | 之前他在说 爸爸和他的小宝宝妈妈的坏话 |
[25:38] | and now Mom and Coach. | 现在又是妈妈和教练 |
[25:39] | I just don’t understand why they can’t act like freaking adults. | 我真不明白 他们怎么就不能有点成年人的样子 |
[25:43] | -Look… -[Tyler sighs] | 听着 |
[25:45] | …you can’t control what other people do. | 你无法控制别人怎么做 |
[25:47] | All you control is how you react. | 你只能控制自己作何反应 |
[25:49] | And freak out about Mom and Dad, I– I get it. | 对爸妈的事情很抓狂 这我懂 |
[25:51] | But you’re really gonna let Jackson “Skid Marks” Lewis intimidate you? | 但你真要害怕 |
[25:54] | [chuckles] Where’d you get that? | 屎渍男杰克森·路易斯? |
[25:56] | [chuckles] I just made it up. | 这绰号哪来的? 刚刚现编的 |
[25:58] | Now think about that during your presentation, okay? | 你做演讲时想着这一点 好吧? |
[26:00] | Let’s hear it. | 来听听看 |
[26:02] | [sighs] All right. | 好吧 |
[26:05] | [sighs] All right. | 好了 |
[26:09] | What are you doing? Don’t look at me like that. | 别那样看着我 |
[26:11] | [chuckles] Stop, you’re gonna make me laugh. All right. | 打住 你会让我笑场的 好了 |
[26:13] | Nathaniel Hawthorne’s The Scarlet Letter | 纳撒尼尔·霍桑的《红字》 |
[26:15] | -examines sin, society, and freedom. -[phone vibrating] | 审视了罪恶、社会和自由 |
[26:17] | It asks the reader if maybe the people we shun | 它让读者思考 我们避之不及的那些人 |
[26:20] | might be stronger than the rest of us. | 是否可能比我们更强大 |
[26:54] | Morning, my darling. Mwah. | 早 亲爱的 |
[26:56] | Mama, what are you doing here? | 妈 你怎么来了? |
[26:59] | [Paula] I am here to measure | 我来是为了量一量 |
[27:02] | for that painting I’m doing for y’all. | 我给你们画的画的尺寸 |
[27:04] | [stammers] Painting? What painting? | 画?什么画? |
[27:06] | My gift to y’all, for your opening. | 我送给你们的开业礼物 |
[27:08] | You know, give the place some panache. | 让这地方有点派头 |
[27:11] | A commissioned Paula Vreeland original | 聘请宝拉·维利兰绘制原创画作 |
[27:14] | -on your walls. -On our walls. | -挂在你们墙上 |
[27:16] | Mm-hmm. | -挂在我们墙上 |
[27:17] | You know, Mama, that is very sweet of you, but that is not necessary. | 妈 你这样非常好心 但没有必要 |
[27:20] | [stammers] No, gifts are never necessary. | 礼物从来都没有必要 |
[27:23] | That’s why they’re gifts. | 所以才叫礼物 |
[27:24] | -[exhales] -I’ll keep measuring in a minute, | 我待会接着测量 |
[27:25] | but right now, | 但现在 |
[27:28] | you have stories for me. | 你有故事要告诉我 |
[27:31] | About you… | 关于你… |
[27:33] | and that prime hunk of a baseball coach | 和那位棒球教练精壮猛男 |
[27:36] | restaging The Rite of Spring in your front yard. | 在你家前院上演《春之祭》 |
[27:39] | Mama, there is nothing going on between me and Cal Maddox. | 妈 我和马多克斯教练之间没什么 |
[27:43] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[27:44] | Oh. | |
[27:45] | Well, that’s a shame. | 真可惜 |
[27:47] | -[exhales] -He is gorgeous. | 他那么帅 |
[27:49] | He is kind… | 人那么好 |
[27:51] | and he’s not Bill. | 而且跟比尔不一样 |
[27:53] | What more could you ask for? | 夫复何求? |
[27:56] | Well, baseball is Ty’s safe haven. | 棒球是阿泰的避风港 |
[27:59] | Look, things are hard enough for all of us as it is | 现在的情况已经够艰难了 |
[28:02] | without my taking up with the coach. | 更别说加上我和教练交往 |
[28:04] | Do you remember that self-portrait I did when you were a teenager? | 你记得你小时候 我画的那幅自画像吗? |
[28:07] | Oh, the abstract nude that hung in the public library | 那幅在公共图书馆挂了八天的 |
[28:10] | for eight days? | -抽象裸体画? -是的 |
[28:12] | No, I can’t say I recall that at all. | 不 我完全不记得 |
[28:14] | [chuckles] | |
[28:16] | I know it was hard for you, but… | 我知道你当时很不好受 |
[28:18] | it was… | 不过… |
[28:20] | it was something that I needed to do for myself. | 那是我当时为了自己而必须要做的事 |
[28:23] | You needed the whole county to see your breasts. | 你必须要让整个郡看到你的胸 |
[28:26] | I needed to remind myself that I was a woman. | 我必须提醒自己是个女人 |
[28:29] | Remember I’d had my hysterectomy a couple of months before? | 记得在那之前的几个月 |
[28:32] | Mm-hmm. | 我做过子宫切除术吗? |
[28:34] | It changed me. | 它改变了我 |
[28:36] | Changed the way I felt about myself. | 改变了我对自己的感受 |
[28:39] | Oh. You made it seem… | 哇 你让那手术显得… |
[28:42] | so simple. I– I– I didn’t realize that. | 那么简单 我并没有意识到 |
[28:45] | The gossip died down. | 八卦渐渐退去 |
[28:47] | It always does, but the work… | 总是如此 但那个作品… |
[28:51] | the… | 那种… |
[28:53] | the feeling that the work gave me | 它给我的那种感觉 |
[28:55] | and all the women who saw it… | 给所有看到它的女性的那种感觉… |
[28:59] | that remained. | 留了下来 |
[29:02] | Well, I’m glad. | 我很高兴 |
[29:06] | If you want to start something with Cal Maddox, do it. | 如果你想跟卡尔·马多克斯开始什么 那就去做吧 |
[29:11] | You’ve been doing | 你20年来 |
[29:13] | for other people for 20 years. | 一直在照顾其他人 |
[29:16] | It is beyond time you did something… | 你早就该为自己 |
[29:20] | or someone… | 做点什么事 |
[29:22] | for yourself. | 或是什么人 |
[29:23] | Okay. Well, thank you very much. | 好吧 非常谢谢你 |
[29:25] | Now let’s go. Why don’t we go to the yoga studio | 现在走吧 我们不然去瑜伽室 |
[29:27] | that I think will be perfect for your commission piece? | 我觉得那里挂你的画作非常完美 |
[29:37] | Pastor June? | 茱恩牧师? |
[29:38] | -Dana Sue. -[laughs] | 达娜·苏 |
[29:41] | [clears throat] | |
[29:45] | Something on your mind? | 有心事? |
[29:47] | Well… | 这个… |
[29:50] | I’m not too fond of myself these days. | 我最近不是很喜欢自己 |
[29:55] | I’ve been wrangling some health problems, | 我有一些健康问题 |
[29:56] | so everyone’s hovering and I know that they mean well, | 大家都围在我身边 我知道他们是好意 |
[29:59] | but it’s driving me crazy. | 但这样要把我逼疯了 |
[30:01] | You’re getting your health under control? | 你的健康问题控制住了? |
[30:02] | [laughing] | |
[30:04] | The only way I could see Howie more often is if I took him home with me, | 我要想多见霍华几面 唯一的办法就是把他带回我家 |
[30:09] | and I am following his instructions | 我遵循着他的嘱咐 |
[30:11] | to each and every aggravating letter. | 一个字不都差 |
[30:14] | Doctors and preachers. | 医生和传教士 |
[30:16] | Telling you to give up stuff you already know isn’t good for you. | 都会叫你放弃那些 你已经知道对你不好的东西 |
[30:21] | And that’s the thing. I know what to do, and I’m willing to do it… | 问题就在这里 我知道该怎么做 我也愿意去做 |
[30:25] | but for some reason, it, uh… | 但不知道为何 这样… |
[30:28] | it– it makes me tense, or angry. | 这样让我很紧张 或很生气 |
[30:33] | I feel like I’m crazy. All I’m doing is snapping at folks. | 我感觉自己疯了 只会冲人发火 |
[30:37] | You know, the loving, caring, nagging folks closest to me. | 冲我身边最亲的 那些爱我、关心我、唠叨我的人 |
[30:41] | And the fact that they’re only doing it out of love clearly doesn’t help. | 而且他们那样做是出于爱 这让你更难受了 |
[30:44] | No. | 是的 |
[30:46] | No. And I know I gave ’em a scare, you know, but I… | 我知道我吓到他们了 但是… |
[30:50] | [sighs] | |
[30:52] | …I scared myself, too. | 我也吓到自己了 |
[30:56] | I watched my mother go through this, | 我看着我母亲经历了这些 |
[30:59] | and I remember how helpless I felt just watching her slip away. | 我记得自己当时看着她一点点离开 感觉有多无助 |
[31:03] | [sobbing] | |
[31:05] | So you know how they feel. | 所以你知道他们的感受 |
[31:07] | But, see, I’m not her, | 但你看 我不是她 |
[31:10] | because I am in control of my life and my health… | 因为我控制着自己的生活和健康 |
[31:16] | and having them fret, | 而让他们感到担心 |
[31:17] | it just makes me feel weak, and I hate that. | 这样只让我觉得自己很弱 我讨厌那样 |
[31:22] | What makes you feel stronger? | 你怎样才感觉更强? |
[31:25] | Um… [sniffs] Well, other than the company of my wonderful pastor | 除了有棒极了的牧师陪着我 |
[31:31] | -and my steadfast faith in the Lord… -[laughing] | 还有我对主的坚定信仰之外… |
[31:34] | …uh… | |
[31:36] | cooking… | 烹饪 |
[31:38] | ’cause I know I’m good. | 因为我知道我很擅长 |
[31:40] | -Mm-hmm. -[both laugh] | |
[31:42] | And my food makes people happy. | 而且我的食物让大家开心 |
[31:46] | You know? It gives ’em a reason to come together and… | 让他们有理由聚在一起 而且… |
[31:50] | and my kitchen is my kingdom… | 我的厨房就是我的王国 |
[31:52] | Mm-hmm. | |
[31:53] | …which is why passing out there was so utterly mortifying. | 所以在厨房里晕过去 让我无地自容 |
[31:59] | “Even the youth shall faint and be weary | “哪怕年轻者会晕倒和疲惫 |
[32:03] | and the young men shall utterly fall, | 年轻人会完全跌倒 |
[32:06] | but they that wait on the Lord… | 但那些等待上帝的人 |
[32:10] | shall renew their strength.” | 将重新获得力量” |
[32:15] | So I should grow eagle’s wings. | 所以我应该长出鹰翼 |
[32:18] | -[laughs] -No. | 不是 |
[32:21] | If in the kitchen is where you feel the strongest, | 如果你在厨房里感到最强大 |
[32:24] | reclaim that space, that strength, | 那就拿回那个地方、那份力量 |
[32:28] | and do it out of joy, | 带着喜悦去做 |
[32:30] | not anger. | 而不是愤怒 |
[32:34] | [chuckles] | |
[32:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[32:37] | [sighs] | |
[32:46] | Aunt Frances, Ms. Paula, and Ms. Grace. | 弗朗西丝姨妈 |
[32:49] | Ah. | 宝拉小姐 格蕾丝小姐 |
[32:50] | I thought it was just gonna be the two of us. | 我还以为只有我们俩 |
[32:52] | Oh, we didn’t mean to intrude, | 我们不是有意打扰你们 |
[32:55] | it’s just that it’s been so long since we saw you, | 只是我们太久没见到你了 |
[32:57] | and we couldn’t miss the opportunity | 我们可不能错过这个机会 |
[32:59] | to hear all about what you’ve been doing with yourself. | 听一听你都做了些什么 |
[33:00] | And why you’re messing with my daughter’s business. | 还有你为什么要搅和我女儿的店 |
[33:03] | All right, mama bear, this is intended to be a friendly lunch. | 好了 熊妈妈 这顿午餐气氛要友好 |
[33:07] | I hear you, Ms. Paula, and I mean no disrespect. | 我听到你的话了 宝拉小姐 我并无不敬 |
[33:10] | I admit I might have gotten a little overheated | 我承认 当我听说弗朗西丝姨妈房子的事时 |
[33:12] | when I heard what was going on with Aunt Frances’ house. | 自己也许确实有点头脑发热 |
[33:15] | A house that you haven’t set foot in since the Bush administration! | 从布什时期起 你就没踏足过那房子 |
[33:18] | That doesn’t change what the house means to me. | 这改变不了那房子对我的意义 |
[33:19] | I see it all the time in San Francisco. | 我在旧金山一直看到这种事 |
[33:22] | New businesses popping up in old neighborhoods, | 新公司在旧街区出现 |
[33:25] | destroying the history. | 毁掉了历史 |
[33:27] | Summers in Aunt Frances’ house were the best times of my life. | 在弗朗西丝姨妈房子里度过的夏天 是我人生最好的时光 |
[33:31] | I know the story of how the whole town sprang up around that house. | 我知道整个镇子 围绕那栋房子而兴起的故事 |
[33:36] | And I don’t want it paved over. | 我不想这个故事被掩盖 |
[33:37] | What makes you think the Magnolias don’t feel the same way? | 你为什么觉得甜木兰组合不那么想? |
[33:40] | [Paula] Those three are creating jobs. | 她们仨在创造就业岗位 |
[33:43] | They are creating a destination | 她们在打造一个目的地 |
[33:45] | that’s gonna bring customers from Castlewood, Egret Falls, | 将吸引顾客从卡索伍德、白鹭瀑布镇 |
[33:50] | even Charleston. | 甚至查尔斯顿过来 |
[33:52] | You’ll always have your memories of the house. | 你总是会有那栋房子的记忆 |
[33:54] | We all will. | 我们都是 |
[33:56] | So, what are you hanging on to? | 所以说 你在坚持什么? |
[34:00] | [Dana Sue] Afternoon. | 下午好 |
[34:03] | An amuse-bouche with my compliments. | 我免费赠送的开胃小点 |
[34:05] | -Oh. -[chuckles] | |
[34:07] | It is just so wonderful to see you all here today. | 今天看到你们全在这里 真是太好了 |
[34:14] | Enjoy. | 慢用 |
[34:15] | -[Paula] Thank you, darlin’ -Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[34:19] | Afternoon, Mr. Van. | 下午好 凡先生 |
[34:21] | I should engrave your name on this table, you’re here so often. | 你经常来 我应该在这桌上刻着你名字 |
[34:24] | -You giving me the brush-off? -Never. | -你这是冷落我? -永远不会 |
[34:26] | -Hmm. Good. -[laughs] | 那就好 |
[34:28] | Sullivan’s is the closest I’ve come to a home-cooked meal | 沙利文餐厅的菜 是我妻子过世后我吃过的 |
[34:30] | since my wife passed. | 最有家常感的了 |
[34:32] | [chuckles] For a man that can’t cook, y’all are a godsend. | 对于不会烹饪的人来说 你们都是上天的礼物 |
[34:36] | Well, that’s the sweetest thing I’ve heard all week. | 这是我这周听过的最甜的话 |
[34:39] | I’ll be sure to share that with Erik. | 我一定会转告埃里克 |
[34:41] | The only thing saving me from TV dinners | 我除了在家看电视吃晚餐之外 |
[34:43] | is you and the fish fries at the VFW. | 就只来你这里 还有去外国参战老兵吃炸鱼薯条 |
[34:47] | Well, it’s good you’re gettin’ out. | 你现在还出门了 真好 |
[34:49] | Well, the VFW is more about company than food. | 外国参战老兵部更多在于有人陪 |
[34:51] | Oh. | 而不是它的食物好 |
[34:52] | Makes me feel good spending time with the fellows, helping out, | 跟其他人在一起打发时间 互相帮助 这让我感觉良好 |
[34:56] | but, Lord, I didn’t know catfish could taste that bad! | 但是天啊 我之前可不知道 鲶鱼可以煮得那么难吃 |
[35:00] | Oh, now, see, bad catfish is a crime. | 难吃的鲶鱼犹如犯罪 |
[35:03] | What spices are you using? | 你们用了什么香料? |
[35:05] | Spices? | 香料? |
[35:06] | Mr. Van… | 凡先生… |
[35:08] | All right, now you are not leaving here without a bushel of spices | 好吧 你离开这里时 一定要带上各种香料 |
[35:11] | and some good oil. | 还有一些好油 |
[35:13] | You know what, you sit tight. | 这样做 你坐好了 |
[35:21] | [phone chimes] | |
[35:22] | They won. Hey, they won! Noreen! They did it! | 他们赢了 |
[35:26] | Ha ha! | 诺琳 他们做到了 |
[35:26] | -That’s amazing! -The Bulldogs are goin’ to regionals. | -太棒了 -斗牛犬队入围地区赛了 |
[35:30] | How ’bout that, huh? | 是不是很棒? |
[35:31] | Well, aren’t you just prouder than a peacock! | 你还真是比孔雀还骄傲 |
[35:34] | The whole team’s gonna be at Wharton’s. | 整个球队会在沃顿餐厅 |
[35:36] | Why don’t you go and just say congratulations? | 你何不去道个贺? |
[35:38] | No, heck no. We are going to Wharton’s. | 不 才不是 应该是我们一起去 |
[35:41] | -Me and you. Come on, let’s go. -Okay. | -我和你一起 走吧 -好的 |
[35:44] | [Bill laughs] | |
[35:46] | Later. | 待会见 |
[36:01] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[36:03] | Are these seats taken? | 这里有人坐吗? |
[36:05] | Not yet, but I do have to warn you, | 还没有 不过我得提醒你 |
[36:08] | I have been told that people might talk. | 有人告诉我说可能会有闲言闲语 |
[36:11] | Let ’em. | 随他们吧 |
[36:12] | Talk about what? | 什么闲言闲语? |
[36:14] | Katydid! Come with Nana. | 小凯蒂 跟姥姥来 |
[36:16] | I need someone to eat my pepperoni for me. | 我要找个人替我吃腊肠 |
[36:19] | [laughing] | |
[36:21] | They just delivered it. | 刚刚上桌的 |
[36:23] | And I remember this dude from earlier in the season, right? | 我记得这家伙 在这赛季之前出现过 对吧? |
[36:25] | -Yeah, yeah, yeah. Number 15. -Yeah, exactly. | -对 15号 -没错 |
[36:27] | And I’m, like, signaling like crazy, | 所以我在疯狂打暗号 |
[36:29] | and this guy right here, Mr. Laser Focus over here… | 而这家伙 这位专心致志先生… |
[36:32] | You were going so fast, I couldn’t even tell what side you were throwing on. | 你做得太快 我都不知道你要扔哪边 |
[36:34] | No, he just throws a freaking– | 他就扔了个… |
[36:35] | Hey, good job, team! Good game! | 干得漂亮 球队 打得好 |
[36:38] | Good game, Tyler! | 打得好 泰勒 |
[36:40] | -Hey. -Oh, I’m proud of you, son. | -嘿 -我真为你骄傲 儿子 |
[36:42] | You were great tonight, honey. | 你今晚很优秀 亲爱的 |
[36:43] | -I appreciate that. -Hashtag Team Ty. | 话题标签 |
[36:45] | Yeah. | 阿泰队 |
[36:46] | Well, uh, thanks for stopping by. | 谢谢你们过来 |
[36:49] | Ah, come here, boy. | 过来 孩子 |
[36:52] | [Bill] Oh, I’m proud of you. | 我真为你骄傲 |
[36:54] | [Tyler] All right. I gotta get back to the team. | 好了 我该回到队友身边了 |
[37:00] | -Okay. -Yeah. I’ll see you guys. | -好 -嗯 再见 |
[37:04] | [Katie] Daddy? | 爸爸? |
[37:17] | [Bill] Howie told me something might be going on, | 霍华跟我说过可能有情况 |
[37:18] | but I thought that woman had more sense. | 但我还以为那女人会更有理智 |
[37:21] | I mean, has she given any thought to what this is gonna do to Tyler? | 她有想过这样对泰勒的影响吗? |
[37:24] | Here she is, out in the open. | 她就那样在大庭广众之下 |
[37:26] | Just out in public, flirting it up with the high school baseball coach, | 众目睽睽之下 跟中学棒球教练调情 |
[37:30] | like everything is just fine. | 就好像一切都没事一样 |
[37:31] | Perfectly fine. | 完全没事一样 |
[37:33] | I mean, she grew up in this town. | 她可是在这镇子长大的 |
[37:35] | She knows how people talk and gossip and carry on. | 她知道这里的人有多八卦 |
[37:44] | Though the novel was published in 1850, | 虽然小说在1850年发表 |
[37:51] | Hawthorne’s use of… | 但霍桑使用… |
[37:53] | Puritan culture… | 清教文化… |
[37:55] | uh, his use of Puritan culture was– | 他对清教文化的使用… |
[37:57] | Focus, Mr. Townsend. | 专心 汤森先生 |
[37:59] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[38:00] | [sniffs] | |
[38:01] | Hawthorne’s use of Puritan culture was deliberate. | 霍桑对清教文化的使用是故意的 |
[38:09] | Puritans prized conformity. | 清教徒崇尚从众 |
[38:11] | They couldn’t question the rules and any infraction was punished severely. | 他们不能质疑规则 任何违规都受到严厉惩罚 |
[38:17] | In comparison to Hester Prynne, | 与海丝特·白兰相比 |
[38:18] | the townspeople shunning her come across as… | 那些避开她的小镇居民给人感觉… |
[38:22] | cowardly and… pretty darn pathetic. | 很懦弱 也非常可悲 |
[38:29] | [whistling] | |
[38:31] | Afternoon, y’all. | 大家下午好 |
[38:33] | Who the hell are you? | 你是什么人? |
[38:35] | [stammers] | |
[38:36] | Well, I’m Dana Sue Sullivan. I’m here to see Van Crockett. | 我是达娜·苏·沙利文 我来见凡·克罗克特 |
[38:40] | You was the one who had Van coming back here | 是你让凡回来之后 |
[38:43] | messing with how we do things? | 搅和这里的做事方式? |
[38:45] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[38:47] | Well… | 好吧… |
[38:49] | God bless you. | 上帝保佑你 |
[38:50] | -Oh. -[laughs] | |
[38:52] | -Let me help you with this. -Okay. | -我帮你拿这个 -好 |
[38:53] | -I got ’em all. yeah, I got ’em all. -You got ’em? | -全交给我 -全部? |
[38:58] | -Hey, I’m Vernon. -Hello. | -嘿 我是弗农 -你好 |
[39:00] | And this is Collins. | 这位是柯林斯 |
[39:01] | I know Dana Sue, you fool. | 我认识达娜·苏 笨蛋 |
[39:03] | You just gonna stand there, let him intimidate me like that? | 你刚刚就那样纵容他来吓我? |
[39:06] | -Yeah, sure. -Yes, see how he did? | 是啊 |
[39:07] | Didn’t trust me to do things myself, huh? | 不信任我自己动手啊? |
[39:10] | Trust has nothing to do with it. | 这不是信任的问题 |
[39:12] | I just wanted to help is all. | 我只是想帮帮忙而已 |
[39:14] | That’s why you brought your own provisions? | 所以你才自带材料? |
[39:16] | Well, I thought I would show you how to bake the fish. | 我想着可以让你们看看怎样烤鱼 |
[39:18] | It’ll be crispier and better for you. | 口感更香脆美味 |
[39:20] | Plus, I brought some… healthier sides. | 而且 我带了一些…更健康的配菜 |
[39:26] | -Healthy. -Okay, then. | -更健康 -那好吧 |
[39:28] | Why don’t you show us what you can do? -Yeah. -Oh, my. ♪ Get up Taste the flavor ♪ | 那你就给我们露一手吧? |
[39:35] | ♪ You gotta rush To get the cream ♪ ♪ Mix it up A lil’ later ♪ ♪ ‘Cause life will get thicker By the stream ♪ ♪ Get up Taste the flavor ♪ | 好吧 |
[39:43] | ♪ You gotta rush To get the cream ♪ ♪ Mix it up A lil’ later ♪ | 接下来要你来做 |
[39:48] | ♪ I hope you know That everyone’s an innovator… ♪ | 没错 |
[39:51] | [Dana Sue] Watch your fingers. | 小心手指 |
[39:52] | [Dana Sue] You’re doing great. You’re doing great. | 你做得很棒 |
[39:54] | [Vernon] Set it right over here or right over there? | 放这边还是那边? |
[39:57] | ♪ Yeah, everyone’s an innovator… ♪ | |
[40:05] | [laughing] | |
[40:07] | [Van Crockett] We’ve been waiting for the big reveal. | 我们等待已久的:盛大揭晓 |
[40:10] | -What we got? -[Vernon] Oh, yeah! | -怎么样? -棒 |
[40:13] | -[Van Crockett] It smells delicious. -[Dana Sue] Do you like that? | -闻着很香 -喜欢吗? |
[40:16] | Dig in. | 开动吧 |
[40:18] | Ah. | |
[40:22] | Not bad. Not bad. | 不赖 |
[40:24] | Not bad? | 不赖? |
[40:25] | That’s fantastic! | 好吃极了 |
[40:26] | It’s the best we’ve ever done. Thank you, Dana Sue. | 这是我们做的最好的一次 谢谢你 达娜·苏 |
[40:29] | -Dana Sue, you’re the best. -This is marvelous. | -达娜·苏 你最棒 -真是太厉害了 |
[40:32] | -Oh, I love my boys. Thank you. -Mmm. | 爱死你们了 |
[40:33] | ♪ That boy’s an innovator ♪ | 谢谢 |
[40:46] | What’s all this? | 这些都是什么? |
[40:47] | Well… | 这个… |
[40:50] | I owe you an apology. | 我欠你一个道歉 |
[40:52] | I shouldn’t have yelled at you the other day… | 那天我不该冲你吼 |
[40:55] | and the other other day. | 另一天也是 |
[40:58] | [laughs] | |
[41:01] | Who are you and what have you done with my mother? | 你是谁?你把我妈妈怎么了? |
[41:03] | [laughs] | |
[41:05] | I know. I know, it just… | 我知道 只是… |
[41:08] | [sighs] hasn’t been easy around here lately, | 最近不怎么轻松 |
[41:11] | and me going to the hospital… scared you. | 而且我去医院的事…吓到你了 |
[41:16] | A little bit. Yeah. | 一点点 是的 |
[41:22] | I am not Grammy. | 我不是你外婆 |
[41:24] | I’m not leaving, | 我不会离开 |
[41:25] | and I’m taking good care of myself, | 我会照顾好自己 |
[41:27] | and I’m gonna be here to drive you crazy | 也会在未来很长时间里 |
[41:30] | for a long time to come. | 持续让你抓狂 |
[41:34] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[41:35] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:38] | Come here. | 过来 |
[41:45] | Why have I been summoned to the bar on a weeknight? | 工作日晚上为何叫我来酒吧? |
[41:48] | Are we at war? | 我们开战了吗? |
[41:49] | [chuckles] Not at all. | 完全没有 |
[41:51] | An old-fashioned for my friend. | 给我朋友来一杯老式鸡尾酒 |
[41:54] | -She doesn’t see the irony. -[laughs] | 她没看出来讽刺 |
[41:56] | Aren’t you feeling your oats this evening? | 你今晚活力四射啊 |
[41:59] | I have been trying to paint all day, | 我整天都在画画 |
[42:01] | and I needed a break | 需要歇一会儿 |
[42:03] | with some inspiring company. | 找个人陪 给我灵感 |
[42:06] | I will do my best. | 我会尽力的 |
[42:07] | What are you working on? | 你在画什么? |
[42:08] | Something for the Corner Spa and… I’m a little stuck. | 送给街角水疗所的东西 |
[42:13] | Oh. | 我有点卡壳了 |
[42:14] | To inspiration. | 敬灵感 |
[42:15] | Ah! | |
[42:17] | -Indeed. -[laughs] | 确实 |
[42:21] | What’s the painting about? | 画的主题是什么? |
[42:23] | Us… | 我们… |
[42:25] | you, the girls, | 你 姑娘们 |
[42:27] | that magical house of yours. | 你那栋充满魔力的房子 |
[42:30] | Growing up, | 我长大期间 |
[42:31] | that house was filled with people. | 那栋房子满满都是人 |
[42:34] | Parties, meetings, visits. | 各种派对、会议、探视 |
[42:36] | Near the end, I told Daddy | 到最后 我对爸爸说 |
[42:37] | it didn’t make sense for me to keep such a big house | 如果只有我一个人 |
[42:39] | when it was gonna be just me, | 那我没道理留着这么大的房子 |
[42:41] | and he said, “Why would it ever be just you?” | 他说:“为什么会只有你一个人?” |
[42:44] | [both laugh] | |
[42:46] | So when all my family was gone, | 所以当我的家人全都离开之后 |
[42:48] | I kept filling it with people who needed laughter | 我一直让屋子里住着人 他们也许是需要欢笑 |
[42:51] | or shelter | 或者庇护 |
[42:53] | or quiet, | 或者静谧 |
[42:55] | but most of all, I kept filling it with friends. | 但最重要的是 我一直让那里住着朋友 |
[43:01] | We bloomed there. | 我们在那里盛放 |
[43:03] | They will, too. | 她们也会的 |
[43:06] | Yeah. Okay. | 是啊 好的 |
[43:22] | You girls all right in here? | 你们在这里还好吧? |
[43:24] | -Yes, ma’am. -Yes, Mommy. | -是的 -是的 妈妈 |
[43:25] | [chuckles] | |
[43:27] | Daddy was at Wharton’s last night… | 爸爸昨晚去了沃顿餐厅 |
[43:30] | but he didn’t come sit with me. | 但他没来跟我一起坐 |
[43:33] | He didn’t even say hi. | 他连招呼都没有打 |
[43:36] | Do you think Daddy doesn’t like me anymore? | 你觉得爸爸是不是不喜欢我了? |
[43:40] | Of course he still likes you. | 他当然还喜欢你 |
[43:42] | He was probably in a hurry and didn’t know you were there. | 他大概是有急事 不知道你在那里 |
[43:46] | Do you miss your daddy? | 你想你爸爸吗? |
[43:50] | I do. | 想 |
[43:52] | Very much. | 非常想 |
[43:54] | But we talk and we text all the time, | 虽然见不到彼此 |
[43:57] | even if we don’t see each other, so I know that he loves me, | 但我们一直有通电话和短信 所以我知道他爱我 |
[44:02] | just like I know that your daddy loves you. | 就像我知道你爸爸爱你一样 (可不是嘛 家长的存在就是为了逼疯我们) |
[44:08] | [phone vibrates] | |
[44:17] | [phone vibrates] | (坚持住) |
[44:21] | Who you texting? | 给谁发短信呢? |
[44:22] | No one. | 没什么人 |
[44:36] | So, just when I get Katie to understand the divorce | 就当我让凯蒂明白离婚的事 |
[44:39] | and that her daddy still loves her, | 明白她爸爸还爱她时 |
[44:41] | he walks out of Wharton’s without so much as saying hello. | 他连招呼都不打一个 直接就走出沃顿餐厅 |
[44:44] | [sighs] | |
[44:45] | Do you think he saw you with Cal? | 他是不是看到你和卡尔了? |
[44:47] | Ugh… I don’t know, | 不知道 |
[44:49] | but if he did, I will hear about it. | 但如果他看到了 我一定会听说的 |
[44:52] | What’s going on with you? | 你有什么情况? |
[44:54] | Well, I mean, I don’t have an ex-baseball star chasing me around, | 我可没有一个前棒球明星追着我 |
[44:58] | but I did just get myself | 不过我刚刚给自己 |
[45:00] | three new boyfriends. | 找到三个新男友 |
[45:01] | [laughs] Wait, what? | 等等 什么? |
[45:03] | Well, I’ll explain when Helen gets here, if she ever does. | 等海伦来了我再解释 如果她还来的话 |
[45:17] | I’ve been in court all day. | 我一整天都在法院 |
[45:19] | If you’re here to play more games, I have happier places to be. | 如果你是来继续跟我博弈 那我有更开心的地方要去 |
[45:22] | Come inside. | 进来吧 |
[45:24] | Please. | 拜托 |
[45:43] | This used to be the living room. | 这里以前是客厅 |
[45:47] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[45:48] | like, when the house was first built, it was the school. | 这房子最初建成时是个学校 |
[45:50] | I can recite this house’s history backwards and forwards | 我和你一样 可以对这房子的历史 |
[45:53] | just as well as you can. | 倒背如流 |
[45:56] | When I was growing up, the… | 在我长大期间 |
[45:59] | the couch was here. | 这里是沙发 |
[46:02] | Green and gold floral… | 绿色和金色的花 |
[46:05] | and that is where you were sitting when I saw you for the first time. | 我第一次见到你时 你就坐在那里 |
[46:12] | Your mother left you with Aunt Frances while she ran some errands. | 你妈妈去办事时 把你交给了弗朗西丝姨妈 |
[46:15] | It was the summer after your father passed, | 那是你父亲去世后的夏天 |
[46:18] | and she still didn’t want to leave you alone. | 她依然不想留你一个人独处 |
[46:22] | So… | 所以… |
[46:23] | you were curled up right in the corner of the couch | 你就蜷缩在沙发的角落里 |
[46:27] | with a book, of course… | 拿着一本书 这是自然… |
[46:31] | and I was 14 and I wanted to fix the world for you. | 我当时14岁 想为你修复整个世界 |
[46:38] | Um, earlier… tonight, I started to write my righteous statement | 今晚早些时候 我开始给市议会写我那篇 |
[46:43] | for the City Council… | 正义陈述 |
[46:45] | on how the Wingates used to run a soup kitchen | 讲述温格特家族在大萧条期间 |
[46:48] | out of here during the Great Depression, | 曾经在此办施粥场 |
[46:50] | fed the town. | 喂养镇上的人 |
[46:52] | But all I could… All I could think about was you. | 但我心里想着的只有你 |
[46:57] | [chuckles] You were standing right there | 你就站在那里 |
[46:58] | introducing me to homemade lemonade popsicles. | 给我介绍自制柠檬水冰棍 |
[47:04] | That was, uh… That was my room… | 那里是夏天期间 |
[47:07] | during the summers… | 我的房间 |
[47:10] | where you’d sit and… | 你会坐在里面 |
[47:13] | talk me through all my family drama. | 跟我说着我家里的闹剧 |
[47:18] | This was the tree where we had our first kiss. | 我们初吻时 那棵树就在这里 |
[47:23] | Don’t you dare imply that this house, its history, | 你千万不要以此暗示 这栋房子 它的历史 |
[47:28] | our history | 我们的历史 |
[47:30] | means less to me than it does to you! | 对我的意义没有对你的意义大 |
[47:33] | I loved you! | 我爱过你 |
[47:38] | Do you think I forgot about that? | 你以为我忘了吗? |
[47:41] | I needed to know that you hadn’t. | 我需要知道你并没有 |
[47:44] | Ryan, please. | 莱恩 拜托 |
[47:47] | Please. What do you want? | 拜托 你想要什么? |
[47:49] | You. | 你 |
[47:52] | Only you. | 我只想要你 |
[47:57] | ♪ It’s our time ♪ | |
[48:01] | ♪ But wait ♪ | |
[48:03] | ♪ ‘Cause I can see the silence ♪ | |
[48:09] | ♪ In the space ♪ | |
[48:12] | ♪ Between us ♪ | |
[48:19] | [instrumental music playing] | |
[49:17] | [music fades out] |