时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:37] | So what’s this all about? | 这又是哪一出 |
[00:38] | I don’t know. Top secret. | 不知道 头号机密 |
[00:40] | – For how long? – I don’t know. | -要弄多久 -不知道 |
[00:42] | The partners’ schedules have been cleared for today. | 合伙人今天的日程都空了出来 |
[00:45] | – Have you seen this? – What? | -你看过这个吗 -什么 |
[00:47] | Chicago lawyer playing cards. | 芝加哥律师版扑克牌 |
[00:50] | What? | 什么 |
[00:51] | Most wanted playing cards. | 全民公敌扑克牌 |
[00:53] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[00:54] | “上膛开枪的文化人商店” 全民公敌扑克牌 芝加哥律师版 | |
[00:54] | They already have the four dead lawyers. Look. | 四个死掉的律师都在上面 你看 |
[00:57] | Two of hearts, three of diamonds. | 红桃二 方块三 |
[00:58] | What website is this? | 这是什么网站 |
[01:00] | “Locked, Loaded and Literate,” an alt-right website. | “上膛开枪的文化人” 另类右翼网站 |
[01:02] | What are you doing looking at an alt-right website? | 你看另类右翼的网站做什么 |
[01:04] | I look at everything. | 我什么都看 |
[01:05] | Are any of us in there? | 扑克里有我们的人吗 |
[01:07] | The partners? | 比如我们的合伙人 |
[01:08] | I don’t know. I was gonna order a deck. | 不知道 我正要订一副 |
[01:10] | And give them money? | 然后付他们钱吗 |
[01:11] | It’s the only way to find out. | 只有这个办法能弄清了 |
[01:13] | What is this? | 这是什么会 |
[01:15] | Not sure. | 不清楚 |
[01:16] | The ways of the partners | 高高在上的合伙人 |
[01:17] | are mysterious to us mere mortals. | 对我等凡人而言神秘如斯 |
[01:20] | Want me to hold your calls, Diane? | 要我记录来电 不打扰你吗 戴安 |
[01:23] | Oh, yes, please. | 对 非常感谢 |
[01:24] | For how long? | 大概多久 |
[01:25] | Um, actually, I don’t know. | 实话说 我也不知道 |
[01:26] | What’s the meeting? | 这是开的什么会 |
[01:40] | Please sign the nondisclosure agreements, | 请签署保密协议 |
[01:42] | and we can talk. | 然后我们就可以谈事了 |
[01:45] | This is our new client? The Democratic Party? | 民主党是我们的新客户吗 |
[01:48] | No, it’s our audition. | 不是 这只是面试 |
[01:50] | Thank you for your time. | 感谢各位拨冗出席 |
[01:52] | Uh, I’m Ruth Eastman. | 我是鲁斯·伊斯曼 |
[01:53] | Consultant to the Democratic National Committee. | 民主党国家委员会的顾问 |
[01:56] | I need to take a moment to ask you to place | 在开始之前 我得请你们 |
[01:58] | all your cell phones and other devices on the table. | 把手机和其他设备放到桌上 |
[02:01] | This will be an electronics-free meeting, even for me. | 本次会议不允许使用电子设备 我也一样 |
[02:05] | It will be murder for us. | 这可真要命 |
[02:08] | Brian’s coming around, uh, collecting them. Brian? | 布莱恩会收走大家的手机 布莱恩 |
[02:10] | Yes, ma’am. | 遵命 女士 |
[02:11] | Brian told me to make my cell phone screens all gray | 布莱恩教过我把手机屏幕调暗 |
[02:14] | so I’m not tempted to keep looking at ’em. | 这样我就不会经常去看手机 |
[02:16] | And why is that? | 这是什么道理来着 |
[02:17] | Humans are attracted to bright colors. | 人类容易被光源吸引 |
[02:18] | So attracted I can’t bring myself to do it. | 吸引力太大了 所以我都一直没调暗 |
[02:21] | The lovely Carine is handing out pads and pencils. | 可爱的卡琳恩会把记录板和铅笔发给大家 |
[02:24] | Please only use these, not your own, | 请只用它们记录 别用自带的 |
[02:26] | and only take notes for this meeting. | 也请只记录与本次会议相关的内容 |
[02:29] | The notes will be destroyed afterwards. | 这些笔记会在事后销毁 |
[02:32] | Good. I think we’re ready to begin. | 好了 我想我们可以开始了 |
[02:36] | We’re in a very peculiar time. | 我们处在一个非常离奇的时代 |
[02:39] | No, that’s right. We should laugh. | 没错 这值得一笑 |
[02:41] | It’s the only sane reaction these days. | 这是现在唯一的正常回应 |
[02:44] | We’re living in a time of farce, not tragedy. | 这个时代充斥着闹剧 而不是悲剧 |
[02:47] | And the Democratic Party, for the first time, | 而民主党有史以来第一次 |
[02:50] | has a plan to respond. | 打算对此做出回应 |
[02:53] | Uh, you can laugh at that, too. | 这儿你也可以笑 |
[02:54] | Oh, no, I’m done. | 我笑够了 |
[02:56] | Our hope is to win this November, | 我们希望在11月的 |
[02:58] | both the House and the Senate. | 参众两院选举中均能获胜 |
[03:01] | And if that’s the case, | 如果能达成这个目标 |
[03:02] | we want to be ready to impeach President Trump. | 我们想做好弹劾特朗普总统的准备 |
[03:09] | We’re meeting with ten law firms, | 我们在和十家律所商谈 |
[03:11] | you and nine others, | 你们和另外九家 |
[03:12] | in New York, Los Angeles and Atlanta. | 纽约 洛杉矶和亚特兰大的律所都有 |
[03:15] | Our plan is to hire only one | 我们计划只雇佣一家 |
[03:17] | to prosecute our case for impeachment. | 来起诉我们的弹劾案 |
[03:19] | Wh-Who are the other nine? | 其他九家是谁 |
[03:20] | I’d rather not say at this time, | 无可奉告 |
[03:21] | but the same precautions are being taken at these other firms. | 但其他律所也只会得到这样的回答 |
[03:24] | Obviously, this is all highly confidential | 这很明显是一次高度机密的会议 |
[03:26] | because the DNC doesn’t want to seem | 因为民主党国委会不想 |
[03:28] | as if they’re planning for impeachment. | 透露出弹劾的风声 |
[03:30] | It will hurt our chances in November. | 不然会降低我们11月获胜的机会 |
[03:33] | So… | 好了 |
[03:34] | Here’s the one question being asked | 现在遍布全国的其他九家律所 |
[03:36] | in nine other boardrooms across the country right now. | 也正被问到这个同样的问题 |
[03:41] | No. | 破笔 |
[03:46] | This is the question we want you to ponder and answer. | 我们希望你们能深思熟虑后作出回答 |
[03:52] | Well, shit! | 真见鬼 |
[03:53] | – I’ll get more, Ruth. – Thank you. | -我再去拿几支 鲁斯 -谢谢 |
[03:56] | Why should President Trump be impeached? | 弹劾特朗普总统的理由是什么 |
[03:58] | If Mueller doesn’t come in with a definitive result, | 如果穆勒的调查没有确定结果 |
[04:01] | what case should we prosecute and why? | 我们应该怎么立案 以及为什么 |
[04:07] | Hi. Sorry to bother you. Do you have any black markers? | 打扰了 有黑色马克笔吗 |
[04:09] | Sure. This way. | 有的 这边走 |
[04:11] | So are you doing a music video in there? | 你们在录音乐录像带吗 |
[04:13] | Yeah, come on in. We need backup singers. | 没错 你也来吧 我们需要伴唱歌手 |
[04:16] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[04:18] | You look familiar. How do I know you? | 你看起来挺眼熟的 我们认识吗 |
[04:20] | Uh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:22] | – Where do you work? – D.C. | -你在哪儿上班 -特区 |
[04:25] | – I’m Carine. – Maia. | -我是卡琳恩 -我是玛娅 |
[04:28] | Uh, so they are over here. | 笔放在这边 |
[04:31] | Uh, so… we only have pink and purple. | 我们只有粉色和紫色的 |
[04:35] | – They’ll have to do. – Mm-kay. | -只能凑合用了 -好的 |
[04:37] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[04:38] | Seriously, I know you from somewhere. Where? | 讲真 我认识你 在哪儿认识的 |
[04:42] | Okay, so you know how we just had a little exchange back there | 好了 你看我们刚刚交流得很愉快 |
[04:46] | and I made you smile, you made me smile? | 我把你逗笑了 你也把我逗笑了 |
[04:48] | Yes, I remember. | 没错 我记得 |
[04:50] | Well, remember that when I tell you who I am. | 在我告诉你我是谁时 希望你还能记得住 |
[04:52] | You’re a serial killer. | 你是连环杀手 |
[04:53] | Oh, close. Uh, Maia Rindell. | 差不多 我是玛娅·林德尔 |
[04:57] | My dad is Henry… | 我爸爸是亨利… |
[05:01] | The Rindells. | 林德尔家 |
[05:02] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[05:05] | It was nice meeting you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[05:07] | Yeah, what I would say about the production taxes is, um… | 关于生产税 我要说的是… |
[05:16] | Would you excuse me? | 我能失陪一下吗 |
[05:18] | – You have to go to the bathroom? – What? No. | -你要去卫生间吗 -什么 不 |
[05:20] | Lucca Quinn, please. | 麻烦找一下卢卡·奎恩 |
[05:21] | It’s okay if you do. | 要去卫生间的话也没问题 |
[05:22] | My wife, four months pregnant, | 我妻子怀孕四个月的时候 |
[05:24] | had a bladder the size of a peanut. | 膀胱就花生那么点大 |
[05:26] | No, it’s just, uh, someone… | 不是 只是有人… |
[05:27] | The only question I have is: How does that work at trial? | 我只有一个问题 你这样能上庭吗 |
[05:30] | I mean, if you have to keep going to the bathroom? | 如果你得一直去卫生间的话 |
[05:32] | I don’t have to go to the bathroom. | 我不是要去卫生间 |
[05:35] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上就回来 |
[05:37] | Hi, I’m Maia. | 你好 我是玛娅 |
[05:39] | Hello. They told me Lucca Quinn was down here. | 你好 他们告诉我卢卡·奎恩在这层 |
[05:41] | – She is. Can I… – Mrs. Lovatelli. | -是的 您有… -拉法特里夫人 |
[05:43] | Lucca, there you are, sweetheart. | 卢卡 亲爱的 你在这儿啊 |
[05:45] | Oh, please don’t call me that name. | 别这么叫我 |
[05:47] | I hate that name. | 我讨厌那个名字 |
[05:48] | Okay. Is there anything I can help you with? | 好的 有什么需要我帮忙吗 |
[05:50] | Yes, there is. | 是的 没错 |
[05:51] | I have a present for you, | 我要送你个礼物 |
[05:53] | as a thank you for my recent encounter with the police. | 我最近惹上警察的事 还要多谢你了 |
[05:57] | Oh. Maia, could you take care of Mr. Lock for a minute? | 玛娅 能帮我应付下洛克先生吗 |
[06:00] | And tell him I’m not going to the bathroom. | 告诉他我不是要去卫生间 |
[06:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:04] | Very nice meeting you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[06:06] | I think your dad stole some of my husband’s money. | 我想你爸爸骗了我丈夫的一些钱 |
[06:09] | – Sorry. – No, no. | -抱歉 -别抱歉 |
[06:10] | That’s a good thing. He’s an asshole. | 这是好事 他是个混蛋 |
[06:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:15] | Just so you know, I don’t drink anymore. | 你得知道 我不会再喝酒了 |
[06:19] | That was a bad situation. | 那次只是个糟糕的巧合 |
[06:22] | Well, I have a glass of wine as a celebration, | 作为庆祝 我喝了点小酒 |
[06:24] | but for Lent, I decided to give up red wine. | 但那是大斋节 我不能喝红酒 |
[06:27] | I didn’t know you were Catholic. | 我还不知道你是天主教徒 |
[06:28] | Oh, I’m not. | 我不是 |
[06:29] | But I’m empathetic. | 但我容易感同身受 |
[06:30] | Isn’t Pope Francis a great man, the way he does those things? | 看方济各教皇做事的样子 他可是大伟人 |
[06:35] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:37] | Just what I’ve always wanted. | 我想要这个很久了 |
[06:38] | You silly. | 你这小傻瓜 |
[06:44] | It’s for my grandchild. | 这是送给我孙子的 |
[06:45] | *Clap your hands* | *你就拍拍手* |
[06:47] | *If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands…* | *如果感到幸福 你就拍拍手* |
[06:51] | Colin told you? | 科林告诉你了吗 |
[06:52] | He didn’t have to. | 他根本不用说什么 |
[06:54] | The two of you, seeing you together, | 看你们一起的样子就知道了 |
[06:56] | special lovers. | 好一对小情人 |
[06:57] | What is it that D.H. Lawrence said? | 大卫·赫伯特·劳伦斯怎么说的来着 |
[06:59] | “When genuine passion moves you, | “当纯粹的激情驱使着你时” |
[07:01] | say what you got to say, and say it hot.” | “直抒胸臆 饱含热情” |
[07:03] | Is there any way to turn it off? | 能关掉它吗 |
[07:05] | Yeah, I think it just goes off by itself. | 可以 我觉得它会自动停止 |
[07:07] | Anyway, I’m… | 不管怎样 我… |
[07:09] | in a meeting, so… | 在开会 所以… |
[07:10] | Lucca, can I be a meddling mother-in-law for just a minute? | 卢卡 作为多管闲事的婆婆我能多说几句吗 |
[07:14] | We’re not married, Francesca. | 我们没结婚 弗朗西斯卡 |
[07:15] | I know. I just like the sound of “Meddling mother-in-law.” | 我知道 我就喜欢自称”多管闲事的婆婆” |
[07:19] | Francesca, we’re not an anything. | 弗朗西斯卡 我们什么都不算 |
[07:21] | You know, it was just a one-time thing. | 只是一夜情 |
[07:22] | But you’re having his baby. | 可是你有了他的宝宝 |
[07:23] | Yeah, but not as a plan. We’re not serious. | 没错 但这是个意外 我们没打算要 |
[07:26] | It just… happened. | 就这么…发生了 |
[07:29] | Lucca, can I confide in you? | 卢卡 我可以和你说真心话吗 |
[07:31] | A baby needs its father | 宝宝需要父亲 |
[07:35] | and a loving, wonderfully unpredictable grandmother. | 以及一个有爱的 又奇妙无穷的奶奶 |
[07:39] | Thank you for the dog, Francesca, | 谢谢你的小狗 弗朗西斯卡 |
[07:43] | but, I hope you don’t mind me saying this, | 可是我说这话你别往心里去 |
[07:45] | you need to stay out of my business. | 我自己的事自己处理 |
[07:47] | Well, I can’t help it. I’m already in it. | 我就是忍不住 我已经掺和进来了 |
[07:49] | No, you’re not. | 不 你没有 |
[07:51] | Colin loves you. | 科林爱你 |
[07:53] | I’ve seen how he handles the other girls. | 我见过他怎么和别的女孩相处 |
[07:57] | He can’t stop talking about you. | 他总是提到你 |
[08:02] | Okay. I have to go. It was nice seeing you. | 好吧 我得走了 很高兴见到你 |
[08:08] | *If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands* | *如果感到幸福 你就拍拍手* |
[08:11] | *If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands* | *如果感到幸福 你就拍拍手* |
[08:15] | * If you’re happy and you know it* | *如果感到幸福* |
[08:17] | *And your face will proudly show it* | *你的笑容无法掩饰* |
[08:19] | *If you’re happy and you know it Clap your hands* | *如果感到幸福 你就拍拍手* |
[08:23] | *If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands* | *如果感到幸福 你就拍拍手* |
[08:26] | *If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands* | *如果感到幸福 你就拍拍手* |
[08:30] | *If you’re happy and you know it…* | *如果感到幸福…* |
[08:32] | People understand emoluments. | 人们理解外资报酬 |
[08:34] | 外资报酬 妨碍公务 | |
[08:34] | They understand people selling their office… | 他们知道人们在卖掉他们的办公室… |
[08:36] | – They don’t think Trump needs it. – They understand this. | -他们觉得特朗普不需要它 -他们懂得 |
[08:38] | They think he’s above it. | 他们觉得他不缺钱 |
[08:39] | This is ghastly. You know that. | 这太恐怖了 你懂得 |
[08:40] | Julius, your president is not a king. | 朱利叶斯 你的总统并不是王 |
[08:41] | I’m not saying he’s a king. | 我没说他就是王 |
[08:42] | I’m saying you’re starting with the ends that you want | 我是说你从你想要的结果出发 |
[08:45] | – and then finding reasons to… – Oh, come on. | -然后找各种理由去支持… -别这样 |
[08:47] | Everybody knows it’s obstruction. | 所有人都知道是妨碍公务 |
[08:48] | What about collusion? | 那从私通的角度来看呢 |
[08:49] | Clinton was impeached for obstruction, so was Nixon. | 克林顿因妨碍公务而被弹劾 尼克松也是 |
[08:53] | There’s precedent there. | 这是有先例的 |
[08:53] | For impeachment, but not for removal for colluding. | 只是弹劾 并没有因私通而被罢免 |
[08:56] | – That is not a crime. – He colluded with the Russians. | -那不算犯罪 -他和俄罗斯私通 |
[08:58] | What else do we need to say? | 我们还需要别的理由吗 |
[08:59] | Andre, that gets us into the weeds, man. | 安德鲁 这会把我们置于困境 伙计 |
[09:01] | It also happens to not be proven. | 它还没有被证实 |
[09:03] | It’s a complicated case with, frankly, too many Russian names. | 老实说 案子太复杂 涉及太多俄罗斯人 |
[09:06] | Think of it as a trial. You want to simplify… | 把它当成一次庭审 你要想简化… |
[09:08] | He fired James Comey. | 他把詹姆斯·康梅解雇了 |
[09:09] | He tried to fire Robert Mueller. That’s simple. | 他想把罗伯特·穆勒也解雇了 就这么简单 |
[09:12] | He refused to put his company into a blind trust. | 他不想把公司交到不信任的人之手 |
[09:15] | He fired the FBI director who was investigating him. | 他解雇了对他展开调查的联调局局长 |
[09:18] | That is impeachable. He’s not above the law! | 这是该被弹劾的 他不能凌驾于法律之上 |
[09:21] | Look, foreign investment in his hotels | 听着 外商投资他的酒店 |
[09:24] | and his resorts means he is gaining | 和他的度假村 说明他能从中获利 |
[09:26] | from, what? Foreign emoluments. | 从哪儿 外资报酬 |
[09:29] | Can I just say what I think is disgusting | 我能说我对整件事 |
[09:32] | – …about this whole thing? – Julius, please, man. Please. | -觉得恶心吗 -朱利叶斯 拜托 |
[09:34] | You’re all practically rabid with anticipation. | 你们都带着偏激的希望 |
[09:38] | I have a lot of friends who are Republicans, | 我有很多朋友都是共和党人 |
[09:40] | and they all had that same gleam in their eye | 每当谈到弹劾奥巴马时 |
[09:42] | whenever they talked about impeaching Obama. | 他们和你们一样双眼发光 |
[09:44] | Oh, you’re not gonna compare Obama to Trump. | 你不能拿奥巴马和特朗普相提并论 |
[09:45] | And I’ll say to you the same thing I said to them. | 我把跟他们说的话复述给你们听 |
[09:48] | The voter has the right to be wrong. | 投票人有权犯错 |
[09:50] | I mean, you don’t like Trump? Too bad. | 你们不喜欢特朗普 那不好意思 |
[09:52] | – He was voted into office. – Not by the majority. | -他是赢了投票的 -并不是多票当选 |
[09:54] | By the rules agreed upon by Democrats and Republicans. | 是按照民主党和共和党制定的规则 |
[09:57] | He is our president. | 他就是我们的总统 |
[09:59] | If you don’t like him, vote him out in 2020. | 如果你不喜欢 等2020年把他投出白宫 |
[10:05] | Will you excuse me for a second? | 我先失陪一下 |
[10:07] | I have a suggestion. | 我有个建议 |
[10:09] | In 2016, | 在2016年 |
[10:10] | the Republicans threw one thing at Hillary over and over again: | 共和党人多次利用一件事来攻击希拉里 |
[10:14] | her e-mails. | 邮件门 |
[10:16] | What’s the one thing we should focus on? | 这是我们应该关注的点 |
[10:25] | Julius. | 朱利叶斯 |
[10:27] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[10:29] | We want this client. | 我们想要这个客户 |
[10:30] | Then use me. | 那就利用我吧 |
[10:32] | I-I’ll be your devil’s advocate. | 我是那个专门抬扛的人 |
[10:34] | Liz, how come you’re not talking? | 莉兹 你怎么不说话 |
[10:39] | I’m listening. | 我在听 |
[10:41] | It’s Barnsdale. Illinois 1st. | 伊利诺伊州第一国会选区的邦斯戴尔来电 |
[10:45] | Honey, can I use this office? | 亲爱的 我能用下这间办公室吗 |
[10:46] | I’m not… | 我不是… |
[10:47] | – Richard. – Sure. | -理查德 -当然可以 |
[10:49] | Yeah, I’m gonna make this short and sweet. | 好 我就长话短说了吧 |
[10:52] | You’re out. | 你出局了 |
[10:55] | No, the DNC’s pulling its support. | 不 民主党国委会不支持你了 |
[10:58] | Because you’re a groper who splattered all over “Me Too.” | 因为你是那种老是抹黑”我也是”的人 |
[11:01] | We’re looking at somebody else in the 1st. | 我们想找其他人来领第一区 |
[11:05] | What do you– Wh-What don’t you understand? | 你怎么…你哪里听不明白 |
[11:06] | – Who is Richard Barnsdale? – Sounds familiar. | -理查德·邦斯戴尔是谁 -听着耳熟 |
[11:11] | He’s either a dead movie star from the ’30s | 他要不是个30年代去世的电影明星 |
[11:13] | or a congressman in the… | 要不就是个国会议员… |
[11:15] | Illinois 1st. | 伊利诺伊州第一国会选区 |
[11:16] | Yup. And he’s running again this year? | 没错 他今年又要竞选了吗 |
[11:18] | Yup, this November. Why? | 没错 今年11月 怎么了 |
[11:20] | I think I know why I had a visitor today. | 我想我知道今天为何有人要来找我了 |
[11:23] | Tell Adrian I’ll talk to him this afternoon. | 告诉阿德里安我下午找他谈谈 |
[11:36] | When we tell our kids what is right | 当我们告诉我们的孩子什么是对的 |
[11:37] | and what is wrong, we expect… | 什么是错的 我们希望… |
[11:44] | Excuse me, Your Honor. | 抱歉 法官阁下 |
[11:51] | – Hey, is everything all right? – No. | -一切都还好吗 -不好 |
[11:54] | The genetic screening. What happened? What’s wrong? | 基因筛检有结果了吗 怎么回事 |
[11:55] | No, the baby’s fine. | 不 宝宝没事 |
[11:57] | It’s actually about the visitor I had today, your mother. | 是关于今天来找我的人 你妈 |
[12:01] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[12:01] | You know, it didn’t make sense to me till I remembered, | 我一直没想通 直到我想起 |
[12:03] | a year ago, | 一年前 |
[12:04] | you wanted to run in the Illinois 1st. | 你想竞选伊州第一国会选区的议员 |
[12:06] | I didn’t want to run. My parents wanted me to run. | 我没想竞选 我父母想让我竞选 |
[12:08] | Oh, so you’re not running? | 所以你没打算竞选 |
[12:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:12] | Nothing’s been announced yet. | 现在还没有定数 |
[12:13] | I just found out Richard Barnsdale | 我刚刚发现理查德·邦斯戴尔 |
[12:15] | is out of the Illinois 1st. | 要从第一区议员的位置退下来了 |
[12:21] | Look, I hate campaigns. | 听着 我讨厌竞选 |
[12:23] | All right, I won’t do it. | 好吧 我不会去竞选的 |
[12:25] | But if Barnsdale drops out, | 但如果邦斯戴尔卸任了 |
[12:27] | we’re looking at our options there, | 我们得考虑一下我们的选择 |
[12:29] | mostly because I wouldn’t have to convince 56,000 voters. | 主要是因为我不需要说服5万6千个选举人 |
[12:32] | I’d just have to convince four Democratic bosses | 我只要说服民主党的四位领袖 |
[12:34] | to let me replace Barnsdale. | 来让我接替邦斯戴尔 |
[12:35] | And that’s where I fit in? | 所以才把我卷进来 |
[12:37] | What? No. | 什么 不是 |
[12:39] | But your mother wants us to be together. | 但是你妈想让我们在一起 |
[12:41] | My mother is insane. Don’t listen to her. | 我妈疯了 别听她的 |
[12:44] | Lucca. | 卢卡 |
[12:45] | There’s a chance | 现在有个 |
[12:47] | that I might step up in the 1st, | 我可能接任第一区议员的机会 |
[12:49] | but that’s my business. I’m not dragging you into it. | 但这是我自己的事 我不会把你拖下水 |
[12:52] | If my mother calls you again, | 如果我妈再给你打电话 |
[12:53] | you have my permission to tell her to fuck off. | 我支持你跟她说滚远点 |
[12:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:01] | W-Wait, wait. | 等等 等等 |
[13:02] | What happened with the genetic testing? | 基因筛检怎么样了 |
[13:05] | Oh. Everything’s good. | 没事 一切正常 |
[13:07] | You told them about my family history? | 你把我的家族史告诉他们了吗 |
[13:08] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[13:09] | No sign of genetic disorder. | 没有遗传病的迹象 |
[13:13] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[13:29] | Yes, but that can’t be all. | 好吧 但这还不够 |
[13:30] | You need a serious legal argument for removal. | 要罢免的话你需要强有力的法律论据 |
[13:33] | If you don’t have a logical rationale, | 如果你没有合理论据的话 |
[13:35] | the country will always turn to impeachment | 那么这个国家只要 |
[13:38] | whenever there’s a partisan division | 总统和国会出现分歧 |
[13:39] | between the president and the Congress. | 就会发生弹劾 |
[13:41] | Or you marshal your arguments for 2020. | 或者你为2020年准备一下你的论据 |
[13:46] | A legal process… | 一个法律程序… |
[13:48] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[13:49] | Y-Your… your passion is obvious. | 看得出你们热情高涨 |
[13:53] | So where are we? | 我们要怎么办 |
[13:54] | What is your one rationale for impeachment? | 你们弹劾的最终理由是什么 |
[13:56] | We’ve narrowed it down to two. | 我们把范围缩小到两个 |
[13:59] | C-Can I say something? | 我能说两句吗 |
[14:02] | Yes. | 说 |
[14:04] | I worked for the Department of Justice for ten years. | 我在司法部工作了十年 |
[14:07] | And, uh, in 2014, | 在2014年 |
[14:10] | we received an anonymous videotape | 我们曾收到过一卷从纽约分院 |
[14:12] | from our New York office. | 寄来的匿名录像带 |
[14:14] | Now, this is all highly confidential, | 这是高度机密 |
[14:17] | but for argument’s purposes, | 不过为这次辩论做例子 |
[14:19] | let’s say that the tape was leaked | 那卷录像带被真人秀 |
[14:21] | by a technician on the reality show The Apprentice. | 《学徒》的一名技术人员泄露了 |
[14:26] | The tape shows | 那卷录像带拍下了 |
[14:27] | Mr. Trump joking with crew members | 特朗普先生在拍摄空闲期间 |
[14:31] | about one of the contestants in between takes. | 和工作人员在开一名选手的玩笑 |
[14:35] | The contestant was an African-American, | 那位选手是非裔美国人 |
[14:37] | and Mr. Trump joked about the size of her lips | 特朗普先生嘲笑她嘴唇的大小 |
[14:41] | and how she probably had a very hairy bush. | 还有她的阴毛可能会有多浓密 |
[14:44] | – Jesus Chr… – Oh, he also wished | -真的是… -他还希望 |
[14:46] | that he could do what he wanted with her. | 他想和她做些不可描述的事 |
[14:47] | – You saw this tape? – I can’t answer that question. | -你看过那卷录像带吗 -我不便透露 |
[14:50] | Do you know where the tape is? | 你知道这录像带在哪吗 |
[14:52] | No. But that’s because I was busy | 不知道 但那是因为我忙于 |
[14:54] | trying to build a case against Mr. Trump | 为起诉特朗普先生做准备 |
[14:57] | for the rape of a 15-year-old contestant | 一位参加美国小姐青年组大赛的 |
[14:59] | in the Miss Teen USA Competition. | 15岁选手指控他强奸 |
[15:02] | I was then pulled from that case, | 然后我就被撤出了那个案子 |
[15:04] | and a week later, | 一周后 |
[15:06] | we couldn’t find any of the material that we had collected. | 那些我们收集的材料就全部不见了 |
[15:09] | And that’s when | 就在那时 |
[15:10] | I was shown a tape of Mr. Trump | 还有人给我看了一卷特朗普先生 |
[15:12] | in a threesome with two porn stars. | 与两名色情片明星双飞的录像 |
[15:15] | I was trying to take down their testimony | 我正准备记下她们的证词 |
[15:17] | when they stopped cooperating because they were paid off. | 她们就被收买拒绝合作了 |
[15:24] | Liz, | 莉兹 |
[15:27] | what the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[15:30] | None of this is true, is it? | 没一件事是真的 是吗 |
[15:31] | I can’t answer that. | 我不便评论 |
[15:32] | – Liz, Liz, Liz… – Listen, you’re all missing the point. | -莉兹… -你们都没抓到重点 |
[15:36] | It’s not about choosing one charge | 这不是挑选某个罪名 |
[15:38] | for another for impeachment. | 进行弹劾 |
[15:40] | It’s about everything. | 而是所有的 |
[15:42] | It’s about who he is. | 就是要说明他是怎样一个人 |
[15:44] | It’s about what the presidency is. | 这事关总统这个职位的意义 |
[15:47] | Charging him with obstruction, that’s going by the old rules. | 起诉他妨碍执法 已经是老套路了 |
[15:50] | And the new rules are these. | 新套路就是这样 |
[15:53] | “I have a tape.” “Where’s the tape?” | “我有卷录像带” “在哪” |
[15:55] | “15-year-old was raped, and I’ve got the evidence.” | “有个15岁的少女被强奸了 我有证据” |
[15:57] | “Where’s the evidence?” “Same place as the tape.” | “证据在哪” “和录像带一起” |
[16:01] | My God, this is insane. | 天呐 这简直是疯了 |
[16:02] | No, no, no, no. This is shameless. | 不不不 这是无耻 |
[16:05] | And impeachment has to be shameless, | 弹劾就必须无耻 |
[16:07] | or else it’s gonna fail. | 不然就会失败 |
[16:08] | – So you lie? – No. No, no, no, no, no. | -所以你可以撒谎 -不不不 |
[16:10] | – You just don’t back down. – But there is no tape! | -只是不能让步 -但并没有录像带 |
[16:13] | Uh-uh. That’s what you said. I didn’t say that. | 那是你说的 我可没这么说 |
[16:15] | Oh, is-is this truly where you want to go? | 你真的想这样做吗 |
[16:17] | You stay on the offense. | 你一直发起进攻 |
[16:19] | Don’t explain. | 不要解释 |
[16:20] | D-Don’t apologize. | 不要道歉 |
[16:22] | If someone confronts you, have your next accusation ready. | 如果有人与你对质 准备好下一项控诉 |
[16:26] | Listen, this… this isn’t about truth anymore, | 这不再事关真相了 |
[16:29] | and it’s not about lying. | 是否撒谎也不再重要 |
[16:31] | It’s about who’s backtracking and who’s attacking. | 重要的是谁在后退 谁在进攻 |
[16:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:38] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[16:40] | This has been helpful. | 很有帮助 |
[16:43] | We’ll get back to you. | 有消息会通知你们 |
[16:48] | Liz… | 莉兹 |
[16:51] | Liz, Liz, Liz, what the fuck are you doing?! | 莉兹… 你在干什么 |
[16:53] | She wanted my opinion. She got it. | 她想要我的意见 这就是我的意见 |
[16:54] | We want this job, Liz. | 我们想接这个案子 莉兹 |
[16:57] | We can’t have her thinking that maybe we’re, uh, amateurs here. | 我们不能让她觉得我们可能不专业 |
[17:00] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[17:02] | Nine other law firms are saying exactly the same thing. | 其它九家律所都在说同样的东西 |
[17:06] | There’s nothing new to say about impeachment. | 关于弹劾没什么新料了 |
[17:09] | Except this. | 除了这个 |
[17:19] | I think we might have something here. | 我觉得这里可能有点意思 |
[19:03] | Want me to come back? | 想要我离开一下吗 |
[19:04] | No. | 不 |
[19:05] | No. We are just being friendly. | 不 我们只是表示友善 |
[19:08] | I’ve been away a few weeks. | 我离开了几个星期 |
[19:09] | Oh, no, I’m so happy when I see two people in love. | 没事 很高兴看到热恋的情侣 |
[19:12] | – Look, Drew. – Yes, two people in love. | -德鲁 -对 热恋情侣 |
[19:14] | I’m happy, too. | 我也很高兴 |
[19:16] | And you sound so authentic. | 你听起来还很真心 |
[19:17] | Well, what would you like me to do now, Marissa? | 你想要我怎样 梅丽莎 |
[19:20] | Sit there and laugh at my jokes. | 坐下捧我笑话的场 |
[19:21] | So how long have you two known each other? | 你们认识多久了 |
[19:24] | Uh, a while. | 有一阵子了 |
[19:25] | Remember that thing at work? The chemical scare. | 还记得律所的那事吗 疑似化学物品袭击 |
[19:27] | Well, Drew, he took care of us. | 德鲁 救了我们 |
[19:30] | Oh, right. | 对 |
[19:38] | Well, we’ve known each other for four years. | 我们都认识四年了 |
[19:41] | Mm-hmm. So… | 所以… |
[19:42] | – Oh, Drew, Drew. – Mm. Yeah, what? Sorry. | -德鲁 -什么 不好意思 |
[19:44] | Uh, what? More beer? | 什么 还要啤酒吗 |
[19:45] | No, our friends. | 不是 是我们的朋友 |
[19:48] | Yes. | 是 |
[19:49] | I’m really glad that you’re doing, uh, well. | 很高兴你们和好如初 |
[19:52] | ‘Cause Marissa told me you were having problems. | 因为梅丽莎说你们之前出问题了 |
[19:53] | – Drew! – What? | -德鲁 -什么 |
[19:57] | – Oh, sorry. – No, no. | -抱歉 -不 没事 |
[19:59] | No, that’s okay. | 没事 没关系 |
[20:00] | We’re doing good now. | 我们现在和好了 |
[20:01] | Actually, we’re thinking about getting married. | 事实上 我们准备结婚了 |
[20:04] | Oh, my God! | 天呐 |
[20:05] | – Congratulations. – Thank you. | -恭喜 -谢谢 |
[20:07] | It’s gonna be a spring wedding. | 婚礼会在春天举行 |
[20:08] | At Eagle Ridge. You guys’ll come? | 在鹰岭 你们会来吗 |
[20:10] | Of course. | 当然 |
[20:11] | Excuse me? | 怎么了 |
[20:16] | Hey! What the fuck? | 搞什么 |
[20:17] | Oh, my God! What the… | 天呐 搞什么… |
[20:20] | Stop! | 住手 |
[20:21] | – Everybody, stop! Hey! – This guy punched our friend! | -都住手 -这个家伙打了我们的朋友 |
[20:24] | Hey, your friend took an up-skirt photo of my girlfriend! | 你朋友拍了张我女朋友走光的照片 |
[20:27] | Seriously?! What the fuck is wrong with you?! | 真的假的 你有病吧 |
[20:28] | Okay, everybody, out! | 好吧 你们所有人 出去 |
[20:30] | Everyone out! All of y’all, out! | 都出去 你们所有人 出去 |
[20:41] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[20:47] | You just beat the shit out of somebody for me. | 你刚为了我把一个人打得落花流水 |
[20:48] | Well, half the shit. | 也没有那么严重 |
[20:49] | I mean, the bouncer stopped me. | 那个保镖把我拦住了 |
[20:51] | Yeah, but no one’s ever done that for me before. | 但之前从没有人为我这样过 |
[20:53] | – You’re bleeding. – Just a little bit. | -你流血了 -只有一点点 |
[20:56] | Okay, um, I think we’re gonna head home. | 好吧 我想我们要回家了 |
[20:58] | Oh, no, wait. We’ll just find another bar. | 不 等下 我们可以再找个酒吧 |
[21:00] | No, I think we’re just gonna call it a night. | 算了 今晚还是到此为止吧 |
[21:03] | Yeah, yeah. Uh, too much excitement. | 是 太刺激了 |
[21:07] | I’ll see you later. | 再见 |
[21:07] | Okay, well, tomorrow night. | 好吧 明晚 |
[21:10] | But our treat. We need to toast your news. | 我们请 我们要给你们的好消息敬酒 |
[21:12] | Our news? | 我们的好消息 |
[21:13] | Getting married. | 结婚了 |
[21:17] | Uh…Yeah. Right. | 对 是 |
[21:19] | Stay safe, you two. No more fistfights. | 注意安全 你们俩 别打架了 |
[21:22] | I can’t promise that. | 这个保证不了 |
[21:24] | Oh, I got blood on you. | 你身上沾到我的血了 |
[21:32] | He knocked that guy out. | 他把那个人打翻在地了 |
[21:35] | Yeah, I know. | 可不是 |
[21:37] | He was gonna kill him. | 他会杀了他 |
[21:38] | Well, no, I mean, he took a photo up Marissa’s skirt. | 不 他拍了梅丽莎的走光照片 |
[21:43] | No. I don’t think he was. | 没有 我觉得没有 |
[21:46] | I think Drew just wanted to hit someone. | 我觉得德鲁就是想打人 |
[21:49] | No, I don’t know. | 不 不好说 |
[21:52] | Do we have to see them again? | 我们非得再约一次吗 |
[22:01] | Uh… I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[22:01] | I mean, Marissa’s a friend. | 梅丽莎是我的好朋友 |
[22:04] | Okay, well, | 好吧 |
[22:05] | I would talk to her if I were you. | 如果我是你的话 我会和她谈谈 |
[22:07] | People like that can be dangerous in a relationship. | 和那样的人谈恋爱挺危险的 |
[22:27] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[22:30] | That depends. | 看情况了 |
[22:31] | On? | 什么情况 |
[22:33] | What? | 什么什么 |
[22:34] | You said that depends on something. | 你说那要看情况了 |
[22:37] | What? | 什么 |
[22:39] | Okay, good conversation. | 好吧 交谈愉快 |
[22:44] | Oh, you want me to come back? | 你想我一会儿再过来吗 |
[22:44] | No, no, no. This is for you. | 不 就是找你的 |
[22:47] | Uh, you wanted to talk? | 你想聊一聊 |
[22:48] | Oh, yeah. Yep. | 是的 |
[22:49] | Uh, I just, I just wanted to give you a heads-up on Marshall Lock, | 我只是想提醒你们注意一下电视制片人 |
[22:52] | – the TV producer. – Yes. | -马歇尔·洛克 -对 |
[22:54] | He already talked to us. | 他已经跟我们谈过了 |
[22:56] | – He did? – Mm-hmm. | -是吗 -是 |
[22:58] | Oh. Well, I was just going to warn you | 我刚打算提醒你们 |
[22:59] | that he wanted to sue on Chicago production taxes… | 他想起诉芝加哥生产税 |
[23:02] | No, he wants to go to another firm. | 不 他想去其他律所 |
[23:06] | What? | 什么 |
[23:07] | Yeah, he complained about your mood swings. | 对 他抱怨你的情绪波动 |
[23:09] | My mood swings? What mood swings? | 我的情绪波动 什么情绪波动 |
[23:11] | Well, he said there were mood swings yesterday. | 他说你昨天出现了情绪波动 |
[23:14] | That’s crazy. | 太疯狂了 |
[23:15] | This is to be expected in the second trimester. | 中期妊娠会出现这样的症状 |
[23:17] | Oh, yeah, uh, but there was nothing I-I did… | 是 但我没做什么 |
[23:20] | Don’t get excited. H-Have a seat. | 别激动 坐 |
[23:22] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[23:23] | This has nothing to do with my pregnancy. | 这跟我怀孕没有任何关系 |
[23:25] | I left him alone for five minutes yesterday… | 我昨天让他一个人呆了五分钟 |
[23:27] | Don’t get upset. We-We’re all fine. | 别生气 我们都没觉得有什么 |
[23:29] | I’m not getting upset. I’m not… | 我没有生气 我没有… |
[23:30] | Look, um, why don’t I give him a call. | 我为何不给他打个电话 |
[23:33] | See if he’ll give us a second chance. | 看他是否会再次考虑我们 |
[23:35] | Well, why don’t I call him? | 为何不由我来打 |
[23:36] | – No. – No. No. | -不 -不 |
[23:37] | Let’s let, let’s let Diane sound him out. | 让戴安去试探他 |
[23:40] | Oh, Eastman’s here. | 伊斯曼来了 |
[23:41] | – Thank you, Lucca. – I… | -谢谢你 卢卡 -我 |
[23:43] | Thank you. Thanks, Lucca. | 谢谢 谢谢 卢卡 |
[23:44] | Lucca, thank you. Thanks. | 卢卡 谢谢 谢谢 |
[23:47] | Excuse me, honey. | 借过 亲爱的 |
[23:48] | Ms. Eastman, hello. | 伊斯曼女士 你好 |
[23:50] | – Good morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早 |
[23:52] | Uh, we see you have cameras in tow today. | 我们看到你今天安排装了摄像头 |
[23:54] | Yes, I would take that as an encouraging sign. | 对 我会将那当成利好的迹象 |
[23:57] | The DNC wants to see | 民主党国委会想看看 |
[23:58] | how you all work. | 你们是怎么工作的 |
[24:00] | Oh, so we– we’re still in the running? | 所以我们还在参与竞争吗 |
[24:01] | In fact, yesterday you were one of ten. | 事实上 昨天是十选一 |
[24:03] | Today you’re one of four. | 今天你们晋级四强了 |
[24:05] | I just have a few things I need to fine-tune in there, | 我还需要调整一些东西 |
[24:08] | and then we’ll be ready to go. | 然后就准备就绪了 |
[24:09] | Good job. | 干得好 |
[24:10] | – Thank you. – Thanks. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[24:18] | – Hey, Liz, uh, – Yes? | -莉兹 -怎么了 |
[24:19] | You got a minute? | 你有空谈一下吗 |
[24:25] | No more shit, Liz. Okay? | 别再乱来了 莉兹 行吗 |
[24:28] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[24:29] | No more wild bullshit stories about videotapes | 别再瞎扯录像带 |
[24:33] | and-and-and rape kits. | 和强奸取证了 |
[24:35] | Adrian, when did you get the impression | 阿德里安 你是什么时候觉得 |
[24:37] | that you could order me around? | 你可以命令我的 |
[24:38] | I’m not ordering you around. | 我没有命令你 |
[24:39] | We are not married. You don’t get to tell me what to do. | 我们没有结婚 你不能告诉我怎么做 |
[24:40] | Did I bring up marriage? Did I even mention… | 我提到结婚了吗 我提过… |
[24:42] | I don’t see you ordering around Diane, or Julius. | 我没看到你命令戴安或者朱利叶斯 |
[24:44] | Because they’re not talking nonsense, Liz. | 因为他们不说废话 莉兹 |
[24:46] | Okay. Okay, this has been very pleasant. | 好 行 这次谈话太愉快了 |
[24:48] | Wait, wait. Liz, Liz. | 等等 莉兹 莉兹 |
[24:51] | I’m getting behind the obstruction charge. | 我支持妨碍司法公正指控 |
[24:55] | It would really help us | 如果你也支持这个 |
[24:57] | get this job if you did, too. | 真能帮我们拿下这份工作 |
[25:01] | I’ll think about it. | 我考虑一下 |
[25:06] | Jesus Christ. | 老天爷 |
[25:09] | I’ve thought about this overnight, | 我整晚都在考虑这事 |
[25:10] | and I’ve come to agree with Diane. | 我决定站在戴安这边 |
[25:13] | Emoluments is probably too complicated | 用外资报酬作为我们弹劾的理由 |
[25:15] | to be our grounds for impeachment. | 很可能太过复杂了 |
[25:17] | A better way to go: obstruction of justice. | 走这条路更好 妨碍司法公正 |
[25:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[25:22] | Because obstruction is both self-serving | 因为妨碍公正既是自私的表现 |
[25:24] | and goes right to the heart of Trump’s collusion with Russia, | 又正中特朗普与俄罗斯勾结的红心 |
[25:26] | which, in turn, goes to the heart | 这又证明了 |
[25:28] | of why he is such an unworthy president. | 为什么他跟总统的职位是如此的不匹配 |
[25:32] | I voted for Trump. | 我给特朗普投票了 |
[25:33] | Right. Which is a true sign | 对 这正好证明了 |
[25:35] | of our firm’s diversity, right here. | 我们律所的多元化 证据在此 |
[25:37] | But more importantly, | 但更重要的是 |
[25:38] | he was voted into office to clean the swamp. | 他当选是为了清理污垢 |
[25:43] | To stop the business-as-usual attitude in D.C. | 去改变特区一如往常的态度 |
[25:46] | Oh, come on, Julius. | 得了吧 朱利叶斯 |
[25:47] | N-Now, let Julius talk. | 让朱利叶斯说 |
[25:49] | Now, he may disagree with the rest of us, | 他可能不赞同我们其他人 |
[25:50] | but he has a right to speak. | 但他有权利说话 |
[25:52] | That’s right, I voted for Trump. | 没错 我给特朗普投了票 |
[25:54] | But I think no president is above the law. | 但我认为没有总统可以凌驾于法律之上 |
[25:57] | – Amen. – And that is why | -阿门 -这就是 |
[25:58] | I would support an obstruction of justice charge. | 我支持妨碍司法公正指控的原因 |
[26:01] | Good. | 很好 |
[26:02] | And that, Ms. Eastman, | 伊斯曼女士 |
[26:05] | is why I love | 这就是 |
[26:06] | working with these partners. | 我喜欢跟这些合伙人工作的原因 |
[26:07] | Now, we may disagree, but we find consensus. | 我们可能会有分歧 但我们会达成一致 |
[26:11] | – Consensus. – Consensus. | -一致 -一致 |
[26:13] | I’ve changed my mind. | 我改主意了 |
[26:17] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[26:17] | I’ve changed my mind about obstruction of justice. | 我改变妨碍司法公正的主意了 |
[26:20] | Diane, we just moved to your position. | 戴安 我们刚站到你这边 |
[26:22] | And I’ve just moved to Liz’s. | 我刚站到莉兹那边 |
[26:23] | Diane, I think we can save us… | 戴安 我想我们可以不必 |
[26:24] | I’m tired of “When they go low, | 我厌倦了”他们玩阴的” |
[26:26] | we go high.” Fuck that. | “我们玩高大上”这一套 去他的 |
[26:28] | When they go low, we go lower. | 他们玩阴的 我们就更低级 |
[26:30] | Diane, we’ve already agreed… | 戴安 我们已经达成一致了 |
[26:31] | No, what we agreed | 不 我们同意的是 |
[26:32] | is that impeachment isn’t just about the law. | 弹劾不仅限于法律 |
[26:35] | It’s about… persuading people. | 而是说服人民 |
[26:38] | And if it’s one thing that we’ve seen this past year, | 我们过去一年有看到什么的话 |
[26:41] | it’s that lies… | 那就是谎言… |
[26:44] | – …persuade. – Oh, my God. | -有说服力 -老天 |
[26:46] | Truth only takes you that far… | 真相只能让你开个头 |
[26:48] | and then you need lies. | 然后你就需要谎言了 |
[26:50] | Uh, this is deranged. | 这是精神错乱 |
[26:52] | This is the Trump Derangement Syndrome. | 这是特朗普精神错乱综合症 |
[26:54] | You’re just as bad as you’re accusing him of being. | 你跟你对他的指控一样糟糕 |
[26:56] | No, I’m just done with being the adult in the room. | 不 我就是受够了在屋子里当大人 |
[27:00] | I am done with being the compliant and the sensible one, | 我受够了做顺从和理智的那个 |
[27:04] | standing stoically by while the other side | 受够了坚忍地站着 |
[27:07] | picks my pockets, | 让对方随意偷盗 |
[27:08] | while the other side gerrymanders Democrats | 让对方不公正地重新划分选区 |
[27:10] | out of existence. | 将民主党逼得销声匿迹 |
[27:11] | A three-million-person majority, | 以300万票的优势 |
[27:13] | and we lost the presidency. | 我们丢掉了总统的职位 |
[27:15] | A Congress that keeps a Supreme Court justice | 国会阻止最高法院法官就任 |
[27:18] | from being seated because he was chosen | 就因为他是被民主党总统 |
[27:20] | by a Democratic president. | 选出来的 |
[27:21] | That’s not what happened. | 不是这样的 |
[27:22] | That is exactly what happened, Julius. | 就是这样的 朱利叶斯 |
[27:24] | Okay, then, take to the streets! | 好 那上街游行去 |
[27:26] | Man the barricades. | 筑起人墙 |
[27:28] | Because if that’s what you really think, | 因为如果你真这么想的话 |
[27:30] | you’ve given up on the law. | 你就放弃了法律 |
[27:32] | Y-You’ve gone well beyond any… | 你已经跨越了… |
[27:33] | Actually, you don’t know. | 其实 你不懂 |
[27:35] | I have a Smith & Wesson 64 in my desk, | 我抽屉里有一把史密斯韦森64手枪 |
[27:37] | and I’m this close to taking to the streets. | 我差这么一点就带它上街了 |
[27:42] | Uh, uh, oh-oh, my, oh, my God. | 老天爷 |
[27:44] | Are you listening to yourself?! | 你知道你在说什么吗 |
[27:46] | Does this make sense? | 这有意义吗 |
[27:56] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[27:59] | Uh… yeah. Yeah. | 还好 好 |
[28:01] | Y-You gasped when I came up. | 我来时你正好在喘气 |
[28:03] | It’s a tweet. It’s nothing. | 是推特 没什么 |
[28:04] | Um, you need more markers? | 你还要马克笔吗 |
[28:06] | No, I’ll get them. | 不用了 我去拿就行 |
[28:08] | Look… | 听着 |
[28:11] | my dad was a senator who was caught with a page. | 我爸是个被抓到跟青年助理上床的参议员 |
[28:15] | So I’m-I’m part of the damaged offspring club, too. | 所以我也算是落寞二代俱乐部的成员 |
[28:20] | Oh, I’m sorry, I’m a step behind. | 抱歉 我没听懂 |
[28:22] | Oh, you were worried about the Rindell name. | 你担心林德尔这个姓 |
[28:24] | I’ve had to live down the Minter name. | 我得活在明特这个姓下面 |
[28:27] | My dad fucked a 16-year-old | 我爸爸在2009年跟一个 |
[28:29] | Senate page in 2009. | 16岁的参议员助理上床 |
[28:31] | Well, I’m… I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[28:34] | Hey, he came out as gay and he’s working at Uber now, | 他出柜了 他现在在优步上班 |
[28:35] | so… worked out for him. | 所以对他来说算顺利 |
[28:39] | Okay, this is my suggestion. | 好 这是我的提议 |
[28:41] | – Oh, I’m sorry. – No, no, it’s okay. Go ahead. | -抱歉 -不 没事 继续 |
[28:43] | Tonight, dancing. Weimar at 10:00 p.m. | 今晚去跳舞 晚上十点在魏玛夜总会 |
[28:45] | Drew won’t beat anybody up. | 德鲁不会打人了 |
[28:46] | – He promises. – No, I don’t think so. | -他保证了 -不 算了 |
[28:48] | Oh, come on, please? He swore he would behave. | 来 好吗 他发誓他不会乱来 |
[28:51] | I think Amy has work tonight. | 我想艾米今晚要工作 |
[28:52] | Okay, well, then you come. | 好 那你来 |
[28:53] | I want to toast you. | 我想给你庆祝 |
[28:55] | Maybe. I’ll call you? | 也许吧 我给你电话 |
[28:58] | – Okay. Love you. – Love you. | -好 爱你 -爱你 |
[29:03] | Yep? | 怎么了 |
[29:03] | There’s a tweet I think you should see. | 我想你该看看这条推特 |
[29:05] | Is this about the Marshall Lock thing? | 这是关于马歇尔·洛克那事的吗 |
[29:07] | Because, apparently, I have mood swings. | 因为 显然 我有情绪波动 |
[29:09] | No. Uh, “The new rising star | 不 “新起之秀” |
[29:12] | “Of the Illinois 1st, Colin Morrello, | 伊州第一国会选区的科林·莫雷洛 |
[29:14] | “Has got a black girl pregnant. Oops. | 搞大黑美人的肚子 糟糕 |
[29:17] | #SallyHemings.” | “标签 萨莉·海明斯” |
[29:20] | I-I thought you should know. | 我觉得应该告诉你 |
[29:22] | So, I’m a black girl. | 所以我只是个黑人 |
[29:24] | A black, pregnant, | 不仅黑 而且还怀孕的 |
[29:26] | – plantation girl. – I don’t think it implies that. | -种植园女奴 -没有影射这个意思 |
[29:28] | Sure it does. | 当然有 |
[29:30] | Let me see. | 我看看 |
[29:33] | 卢卡·奎恩 芝加哥检察官科林·莫雷洛黑人宝宝的母亲 | |
[29:34] | So I’m trending. | 我成热搜词了 |
[29:35] | Yeah, just a bit. | 是有点 |
[29:38] | *If you’re happy and you know it…* | *如果感到幸福* |
[29:39] | – *Clap your hands* – What is that? | -*你就拍拍手* -什么声音 |
[29:41] | – *If you’re happy and you know it…* – It’s a dog. | -*如果感到幸福* -是只狗 |
[29:47] | What are you typing? | 你在打什么 |
[29:49] | Lucca? | 卢卡 |
[29:51] | Lucca? | 卢卡 |
[29:53] | Sally Hemings didn’t have Twitter. | 萨莉·海明斯的年代没有推特 |
[29:57] | Wait, I’ve got something. | 有新消息了 |
[29:59] | Okay, tell me what button I’m supposed to push. | 我应该按哪个键 |
[30:01] | – This one. – Okay. | -这个 -好 |
[30:02] | Hang on. | 等一下 |
[30:04] | Wait, what does that say? Give me my glasses. | 上面说什么 给我眼镜 |
[30:07] | “I am the black woman | “我就是正怀着” |
[30:09] | “Having Colin Morrello’s baby, | 科林·莫雷洛孩子的黑美人 |
[30:10] | – and my name is Lucca Quinn.” – Oh, my God. | -我叫卢卡·奎恩 -天呐 |
[30:13] | “Did Sally Hemings have a law degree?” | 萨莉·海明斯有法律学位吗 |
[30:16] | “#MoreLikeMichelle.” | “标签 更像是米歇尔·奥巴马” |
[30:18] | Oh, God, I love her. | 老天 我爱死她了 |
[30:20] | She took the bait. We are off and running. | 她上钩了 我们可以开始了 |
[30:24] | Well, this is not a gentle maneuver. | 这种操作不可能心平气和 |
[30:25] | Yes, but you’re turning it into a coup. | 没错 但你把这事变成了政变 |
[30:26] | No, this is not a coup. | 不 这不是政变 |
[30:28] | These are all tools | 这不过是工具 |
[30:29] | supplied to prevent our country from turning into a monarchy. | 防止国家演变成君主制 |
[30:32] | This is Trump Derangement Syndrome. | 这是特朗普精神错乱症 |
[30:34] | Actually, it’s just the opposite. | 事实上恰恰相反 |
[30:36] | It’s clarity. | 这是恍然大悟 |
[30:38] | I’ve spent the last few months feeling fucking deranged! | 过去几个月来我感觉自己精神错乱 |
[30:41] | Like I’m living in some bad reality show. | 好像活在劣质真人秀里 |
[30:44] | Going numb! | 变得麻木 |
[30:45] | All Trump, all the time. | 全是有关特朗普的报道 |
[30:47] | What’s real? What’s fake? | 孰真孰假 |
[30:48] | Well, you know what? I just woke up. | 告诉你 我这才醒来 |
[30:50] | It’s the same way with Obama… | 奥巴马执政时期一样如此 |
[30:52] | Can I speak to you for a minute? | 能跟你聊一下吗 |
[30:54] | …when they tried to drive Obama out. | 他们试图赶奥巴马下台 |
[30:56] | You cannot compare Obama to Trump, Julius. | 你不能把奥巴马比作特朗普 朱利叶斯 |
[30:57] | No, no, no, no, I voted for Obama. | 你别这么说 我投了奥巴马一票 |
[31:00] | Oh, I can compare them just as well, | 我想怎么比就怎么比 |
[31:01] | – cause it’s the same thing. – No, it’s not the same! | -因为都一样 -不一样 |
[31:03] | It’s the same argument! | 一样的论调 |
[31:07] | What is it you need? | 你有何需要 |
[31:09] | You want us to do our best? | 你希望我们全力以赴吗 |
[31:11] | I think you are. | 你们已经火力全开了 |
[31:13] | Then I think you should ask Julius | 我觉得你该让朱利叶斯 |
[31:14] | to step out of the debate. | 退出辩论 |
[31:17] | Why? | 为什么 |
[31:18] | He doesn’t agree with us. | 我们不是同道中人 |
[31:22] | – I’ll think about it. – Okay. | -我会考虑的 -好 |
[31:39] | Diane? | 戴安 |
[31:44] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[31:46] | You all right? | 你还好吧 |
[31:52] | Why? | 怎么这么问 |
[31:55] | Because I suggested taking my gun to the streets? | 因为我建议持枪上街游行吗 |
[31:58] | We can start there. | 就从这里说起吧 |
[32:01] | I have never been more all right. | 我的状态好得不得了 |
[32:05] | How much of this is show for the DNC? | 有多少是做戏给民主党国委会看的 |
[32:09] | What do you want to hear? | 你想听什么话 |
[32:10] | That it’s show. | 这是做戏 |
[32:16] | It’s a show. | 这是做戏 |
[32:20] | But you have a gun in your desk? | 但你书桌里的确有把枪吗 |
[32:26] | I think you two should see this. | 你俩得看看这个 |
[32:28] | I got this online. | 我在网上买的 |
[32:29] | It’s a deck of cards about Chicago lawyers. | 纸牌上面印了芝加哥律师的照片 |
[32:32] | Targeting Chicago lawyers. | 目标瞄准芝加哥律师 |
[32:34] | David Lee, | 大卫·李 |
[32:35] | Laura Hellinger, Patti Nyholm… | 劳拉·海灵格 帕蒂·尼霍姆 |
[32:37] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 |
[32:38] | These cards are targeting lawyers? | 这些牌瞄准了律师是吗 |
[32:40] | Chicago lawyers. | 芝加哥律师 |
[32:42] | It’s called the “Kill All the Lawyers” Deck. | 这是”杀死所有律师”牌 |
[32:44] | Oh, my God. | 老天爷 |
[32:46] | Where’d you find these? | 你哪里找到的 |
[32:47] | A website with gifts for the alt-right. | 一个给另类右翼送礼的网站 |
[32:49] | What were you doing on a website with gifts for the alt-right? | 你怎么还看给另类右翼送礼的网站 |
[32:52] | I go everywhere. | 我都有涉猎 |
[32:53] | Couldn’t this be provocation to violence? | 这不算是挑起暴力事件的导火索吗 |
[32:55] | – Get a cease and desist. – No, no, no. | -勒令他们停止这种行为 -不行 |
[32:57] | That would just give them too much attention. | 那样事情只会越炒越大 |
[32:59] | Are any of us on it? | 牌上有我们吗 |
[33:03] | Who? | 谁 |
[33:12] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[33:15] | Anybody else? | 还有吗 |
[33:21] | To answer your question, Adrian, | 回答你前面的问题 阿德里安 |
[33:23] | yes, I have a gun in my desk. | 没错 我桌里有枪 |
[33:30] | Is this a bad time? | 现在说话不方便吗 |
[33:31] | Uh, no, no. Just, uh… Excuse me. | 没有 借过 |
[33:33] | Just a partner confab. | 只是合伙人闲聊 |
[33:36] | Julius, can I, uh, talk with you a sec? | 朱利叶斯 能聊一下吗 |
[33:40] | Uh, sure. | 当然 |
[33:46] | What’s that about? | 什么情况 |
[33:49] | She’s asking Julius not to join us. | 她要让朱利叶斯退出讨论 |
[33:53] | Why? | 为什么 |
[33:54] | Because he’s pro-Trump. | 因为他站在特朗普那边 |
[34:03] | Look, I don’t want to leave it in an uncomfortable place, | 我不想事情尴尬 |
[34:05] | so, uh, I think I should go. | 我应该去 |
[34:07] | – Where again? – Uh, Weimar. | -啥地方来着 -魏玛夜总会 |
[34:10] | It’s a, oh, it’s a dance club in the Loop. At ten. | 卢普区的一个夜店 十点钟去 |
[34:13] | I don’t know. | 不好说 |
[34:14] | I have a trial that starts tomorrow. | 我明天有新案子开审 |
[34:15] | Well, I think I should go. You know, just, | 我觉得我得去 |
[34:17] | just so it’s not impolite. | 这样不会显得不礼貌 |
[34:19] | Well, do you want to go without me? | 你想一个人去吗 |
[34:21] | No. No. | 不是 |
[34:22] | – I-I just think I should go. – Okay. | -我只是觉得我得去 -行 |
[34:25] | Have fun. | 玩得愉快 |
[34:26] | – Are you okay with this? – Sure. | -你没意见吧 -当然 |
[34:27] | Just don’t get in any fistfights, okay? | 别打起架来就好 |
[34:30] | I will try not to. | 我会尽力 |
[34:33] | Uh, good luck with the trial. | 祝你庭审顺利 |
[34:34] | It’s not until tomorrow. | 明天才开始呢 |
[34:35] | Right, right. | 对 |
[34:38] | Uh, well, uh, good luck with it tomorrow. | 祝你明天顺利 |
[34:41] | Bye. | 再见 |
[34:44] | – You didn’t call him, did you? – Who? | -你没打过电话给他吧 -你说谁 |
[34:47] | – Marshall Lock? – No. What did he say? | -马歇尔·洛克吗 -没 他说什么 |
[34:49] | He wants me to be his lawyer again. | 他又想让我做他律师了 |
[34:51] | Talk about mood swings. | 这才叫情绪波动 |
[34:53] | -Well, maybe Diane called him. – No. | -或许戴安打过电话 -不是 |
[34:55] | He said he wants to be near the center of power. | 他说他希望靠近权力核心 |
[34:57] | – And that I’m now… – Your tweet. | -而我现在… -你的推文 |
[35:00] | I bet you’re still trending. | 打赌你还是热搜词 |
[35:03] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[35:04] | What? | 怎么 |
[35:06] | I think I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[35:11] | I’m not gonna marry you, and I won’t pretend otherwise. | 我不会嫁给你 不会假装有其它可能性 |
[35:14] | I’m not gonna lie, I’m not gonna mislead, | 我不会说谎 不会误导大众 |
[35:16] | and I’m not gonna be the woman who stands by your side. | 我不会成为在你身旁支持你的女人 |
[35:19] | I’m the mother of your child, a close friend of yours, | 我是你孩子的母亲 你的密友 |
[35:21] | and a registered voter | 是伊州第一国会选区的 |
[35:22] | in the 1st Congressional District of Illinois. | 注册选举人 |
[35:25] | You want my support, you’re gonna agree to my terms. | 你想要我的支持 就得同意我的条件 |
[35:30] | Okay. Do you want to come in? | 好 要进来坐吗 |
[35:31] | I’ll do one appearance a month. | 我每月露一次面 |
[35:33] | I’ll issue a public statement of support. | 我会发表支持你的公开声明 |
[35:36] | And I’ll make myself available for interviews. | 我会腾出时间接受采访 |
[35:38] | That’s the deal. | 就这样 |
[35:39] | And you’ll stay off Twitter? | 那你同意不再发推文 |
[35:42] | Yeah, I wanted to tell you | 正想跟你说呢 |
[35:43] | my mom was here, but you… | 我妈在这儿 但你… |
[35:44] | Lucca does not mind; we’re good friends. | 卢卡不介意的 我们是好朋友 |
[35:47] | Come on in. I’ve got bagels. | 进来 有百吉饼吃 |
[35:52] | Wow, that’s pregnant. | 这就是怀孕的那位 |
[35:55] | Good pregnant, not a bad thing. | 祝贺你 是喜事 |
[35:56] | This is Stephen Rankin-Hall. He’s helping us out. | 这位是斯蒂芬·兰金霍尔 我们的助手 |
[35:59] | Stephen, this is Lucca Quinn. | 斯蒂芬 这位是卢卡·奎恩 |
[36:00] | That’s my son’s… lover. | 他是我儿子的…情人 |
[36:03] | Do we like that word? | 这个词合适吗 |
[36:04] | No. It sounds perverse. | 不行 听起来关系不正当 |
[36:06] | “The mother of my baby.” | “我孩子的母亲” |
[36:08] | Yeah. That’s me. | 对 这就是我 |
[36:10] | I’m not on the spectrum, but I have been told | 我没什么自省能力 但别人告诉我 |
[36:12] | I don’t recognize sarcasm very well. | 我总是分不清讽刺言语 |
[36:14] | That was sarcasm, right? | 你刚是在讽刺 对吧 |
[36:15] | – A bit. – We are being thankful | -就一点吧 -我们十分感谢 |
[36:17] | toward Lucca for any involvement, | 卢卡任何形式的参与 |
[36:19] | even the most minimal. | 即使是最小限度的参与 |
[36:21] | Lucca, have a bagel. | 卢卡 吃个百吉饼吧 |
[36:23] | It’s good for the baby. | 对孩子好 |
[36:25] | We’re going over our political strategy. | 我们要过一遍我们的政治策略 |
[36:27] | – How much does she know? – You can talk to me. | -她知道多少 -你可以直接和我说 |
[36:30] | – How much do you know? – Not that much. | -你知道多少 -没多少 |
[36:33] | There are four party bosses who control the replacement | 有四位党派领袖决定在第一区 |
[36:36] | for Barnsdale in the 1st. | 接替邦斯戴尔的人选 |
[36:38] | So this is a campaign to convince only four people. | 所以这次竞选只用说服他们四人 |
[36:41] | Should be easy, right? | 四个人和6万5千人比的话 |
[36:42] | Four people instead of 65,000. | 应该很容易 对吧 |
[36:43] | But it is a lot easier to lose one vote | 但失去一张投票也比 |
[36:46] | than it is to lose 10,000 votes. | 失去一万张容易得多 |
[36:48] | – And when is this decided? – In two weeks. | -什么时候定 -两周后 |
[36:50] | I’m meeting with the bosses next week. | 下周我会和党派领袖会面 |
[36:52] | How many candidates are there? | 有几个候选人 |
[36:53] | That changes. We think five. | 还不一定 我们觉得有五个 |
[36:55] | We scared off two. | 我们还吓走了两个 |
[36:56] | And what are Colin’s chances? | 科林的优势是什么 |
[36:57] | Good. He’s the only prosecutor. | 问得好 他是唯一的检察官 |
[37:00] | Which can be bad, too. | 这是也有不好的一面 |
[37:02] | It’s partly a blue collar congressional district, | 我们的国会选区一部分是蓝领 |
[37:04] | partly African-American; | 一部分是非裔美国人 |
[37:05] | that’s where you can be helpful. | 这部分你就能帮得上忙了 |
[37:07] | I’m a defense attorney. | 我是个辩护律师 |
[37:08] | Yes. And biracial, | 对 而且是黑白混血 |
[37:10] | if I can say that. | 如果我可以这么说的话 |
[37:11] | You can say that. | 你可以这么说 |
[37:12] | And you’re not a burning-eyed radical. | 你也不是红眼的激进分子 |
[37:14] | Loved the Sally Hemings tweet. | 喜欢你那条萨莉·海明斯的推特 |
[37:15] | – Was that you or someone else? – That was me. | -是你自己写的还是别人写的 -我自己 |
[37:17] | – Do you know the sex of the kid? – Nope. | -你知道孩子的性别吗 -不知道 |
[37:19] | You’ll keep me informed. | 知道了记得告诉我 |
[37:21] | You’ll be the first I’ll call. | 我会第一个打给你 |
[37:23] | – Sarcasm. – Very good. | -这是讽刺 -非常棒 |
[37:24] | Thank you. But you two are not getting married? | 谢谢 你们俩不会结婚吗 |
[37:27] | – No. – No, they’re a modern couple. | -不会 -不 他们是摩登情侣 |
[37:29] | Living in sin. | 活在罪恶中 |
[37:31] | Don’t tweet that, okay? | 别把这件事发推 好吗 |
[37:34] | I have to go. | 我要走了 |
[37:35] | – You all right? – Sure. | -你还好吗 -当然 |
[37:37] | Why wouldn’t I be okay about what I can tweet and not tweet? | 我连发推都要受限制 能不好吗 |
[37:40] | – Call me. – And me, dear. | -打给我 -还有我 亲爱的 |
[37:43] | Going now. | 走了 |
[37:47] | “On Tuesday, May 9, 2017,” | “2017年5月9号 周二” |
[37:50] | “Donald John Trump impeded…” | 唐纳德·约翰·特朗普妨碍了 |
[37:53] | Let’s say “On or about” The 9th. | 改成 9号”左右” |
[37:55] | There’s no dispute about the date. It was the 9th. | 日期没有争议 就是9号 |
[37:56] | “On or about” is the standard language | “左右”是弹劾文的 |
[37:58] | in articles of impeachment. | 标准用语 |
[37:58] | You know, let’s lose the Tuesday. | 把周二去掉吧 |
[38:00] | I mean, what difference does the day of the week make? | 周几能有什么区别呢 |
[38:02] | What difference does it make to leave it in? | 那留着又能有什么区别 |
[38:03] | Uh, let’s talk for a minute. That was the DNC. | 我们谈谈吧 民主党国委会刚打来了 |
[38:06] | They’re watching this in real time, and they have… | 他们在实时观看 他们… |
[38:10] | Actually, let’s-let’s step out for a second. | 不然 我们出来说吧 |
[38:16] | It’s between you and one other firm. | 剩下你们律所和另外一家了 |
[38:18] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[38:20] | Yes. That’s a real achievement. | 是啊 这可是很大的成就 |
[38:23] | But I-I need to offer just a hint of constructive criticism. | 但我…想提点建设性的批评意见 |
[38:27] | This other firm is a bit staid and white-shoed. | 另一个律所风格沉稳 成员都很杰出 |
[38:30] | They’re more mainstream Democrat. | 他们是更主流的民主党 |
[38:32] | What the DNC likes about you is how passionate you are, | 而民主党国委会喜欢的是你们的热情高涨 |
[38:35] | how you have a very specific point of view, a more– | 你们的独特视角 还有更… |
[38:40] | Oh, what’s the word? A more pugnacious attitude. | 更什么来着 更好战的态度 |
[38:43] | They want to see that. | 这是他们想看到的 |
[38:44] | They can get these legal arguments from anyone. | 那些法律论据 别的地方都可以提供 |
[38:47] | But they want to see your passion. | 但他们想看到的是你们的激情 |
[38:50] | They want to see your anger about what Trump is doing. | 他们想看到你们对特朗普所作所为的愤怒 |
[38:54] | Okay? | 清楚了吗 |
[38:56] | Sure. Sure. | 当然 当然 |
[38:57] | – Okay. I’ll see you in there. – Yep. | -好了 我进去等你们 -好的 |
[39:04] | They want us to be street. | 他们想让我们更有街头范 |
[39:07] | Oh, my God. | 天了 |
[39:09] | So… what do we do? | 所以我们怎么办 |
[39:12] | Well, we’re being offered a seat at the table. | 他们给了我们一个席位 |
[39:13] | We can’t cry about it now, you know? | 我们可不能现在哭着说不要吧 |
[39:15] | I-I will be the angry black woman, | 我可以扮演愤怒的黑人女性 |
[39:18] | and, uh, you can be Black Lives Matter. | 你可以扮演那个喊”黑人生命很重要”的 |
[39:21] | You know, and… | 你懂的 |
[39:22] | What about me? | 那我呢 |
[39:24] | Uh, you-you keep us calm, you know. | 你…当那个让我们保持冷静的 |
[39:26] | B-But we can’t be calmed. | 但我们不能冷静 |
[39:28] | But you’re-you’re the white conscience. | 但你代表的是白人的道德 |
[39:31] | This is insane. | 这可真是疯狂 |
[39:33] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[39:35] | Welcome to the neighborhood. | 欢迎来到黑人区 |
[39:37] | You know what really pisses me off? Pisses me off. | 你知道最让我生气的是什么吗 气死我了 |
[39:40] | The way Donald Trump sends | 就是唐纳德·特朗普把这些 |
[39:41] | these dog whistles to the white supremacists. | 狗哨发给白人至上主义者们 |
[39:44] | “Shithole countries.” | “狗屎国家” |
[39:46] | I mean, wow! God! | 上帝啊 |
[39:48] | Dragging up every racist, bullshit cliche… | 抓出种族主义者 说的都是陈词滥调 |
[39:51] | Wait, wait, we need to look at this as a legal matter. | 等等 我们必须把它看做法律案件 |
[39:53] | Diane, uh-uh. | 戴安 不 |
[39:54] | Hey, that’s really easy for you to say, Diane. | 戴安 你这么说确实很容易 |
[39:56] | You’re not the one getting gunned down in the streets. | 你不会走在大街上突然被一枪毙掉 |
[39:58] | Hey, look at these playing cards. | 看看这些扑克牌 |
[39:59] | Cards with our faces on them. Targets on our backs. | 印着我们照片的扑克 时刻瞄准着我们 |
[40:02] | Hunted down in the street like animals? | 我们就像动物一样 在大街上被穷追猛打 |
[40:04] | – Come on! – Driving while black. | -得了吧 -比如黑人开车 |
[40:06] | What was that Ta-Nehisi Coates said? | 塔内西斯·科特斯怎么说的来着 |
[40:08] | – Oh, yes. – Right? | -对 -是吧 |
[40:09] | Let’s get back to obstruction of justice. | 我们继续说妨碍司法公正的事吧 |
[40:10] | Have you read his book, Diane? | 你看过他写的书吗 戴安 |
[40:11] | – Yes, I have. I… – Oh, he’s brilliant. | -我看过 我… -他真是个人才 |
[40:23] | What do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[40:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[40:29] | I never know how far is too far. | 我从来不会判断适可而止的临界点 |
[40:32] | At least you’ve reached a point in your life | 至少你达到了人生中一个 |
[40:33] | where you can admit it. | 可以承认这点的时刻 |
[40:43] | Think we have the job? | 你觉得我们接到这个案子了吗 |
[40:45] | I think we’ll find out tomorrow. | 明天就知道了 |
[40:50] | I need a drink. | 我要喝一杯 |
[41:03] | Marissa and I are going dancing tonight. You want to come? | 梅丽莎和我今晚要去跳舞 你想去吗 |
[41:05] | No. I’d better… | 不 我最好… |
[41:10] | I’d better deal with my political team. | 我最好还是应付我的政治团队 |
[41:12] | I didn’t even know you had a political team. | 我都不知道你有个政治团队 |
[41:14] | I didn’t either. | 我之前也不知道 |
[41:17] | Bye. | 走了 |
[41:20] | What a surprise. | 真是意外啊 |
[41:21] | Sorry, something came up. | 抱歉 出了点事 |
[41:26] | So, Colin has been getting a lot of sympathy | 因为你的那条推特 |
[41:29] | from the African-American community because of your tweet. | 现在非裔美国人群体对科林表现出同情 |
[41:31] | It looks like his opposition is trying to smear him. | 而他的对手想借此诽谤他 |
[41:34] | So we need you two to get your story straight. | 所以我们需要你俩统一口径 |
[41:37] | They think that I’m gonna be asked about our relationship | 他们觉得我下周接受采访时 |
[41:39] | when I’m interviewed next week. | 会被问到我的感情事 |
[41:41] | Look, we’re not expecting you | 我们并不期望 |
[41:42] | to be the good little wife or girlfriend. | 你会扮演乖乖的娇妻或是女朋友 |
[41:43] | That’s the old playbook. It stopped working in 2016. | 这是老套路了 2016年就不管用了 |
[41:46] | We want you to tell it like it is. | 我们想让你说实话 |
[41:48] | Which means? | 意思是 |
[41:49] | Just get your story straight. | 说出你的故事就好 |
[41:51] | I assume this pregnancy was unplanned? | 我猜你们是意外怀孕吧 |
[41:53] | No judgment. | 对此我没意见 |
[41:55] | Every answer is right these days. | 如今所有答案都是正确答案 |
[41:56] | Who answers, me or Colin? | 谁回答 我还是科林 |
[41:58] | Both. | 都要 |
[42:01] | Uh… it was. | 是的 |
[42:02] | And where did this happen? | 在哪发生的 |
[42:04] | You really think they’re gonna ask that? | 你真的觉得他们会这么问 |
[42:06] | – Yes. – Where did we conceive this baby? | -是的 -我们在哪怀上孩子的 |
[42:10] | Well, we, uh, were | 那个 我们在 |
[42:13] | on opposite sides of the Rindell trial, | 林德尔案上是对手 |
[42:16] | and things got pretty intense. | 然后在对峙时比较激烈 |
[42:19] | Sure. | 当然 |
[42:19] | So we worked through all that tension | 所以我们为了发泄情绪 |
[42:21] | by fucking in the courthouse restroom. | 就在法院的洗手间里激烈地打一炮 |
[42:27] | You are… | 你们在… |
[42:29] | It was a family restroom, so we locked the door. | 那是个家庭卫生间 所以我们锁门了 |
[42:35] | Okay, maybe we are gonna have to massage this a little. | 好的 这一段我们可能需要润色一下 |
[42:37] | *If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands * | *如果感到幸福 你就拍拍手* |
[42:41] | *If you’re happy…* | *如果感到幸福* |
[42:54] | I’m gonna go get a drink. | 我去喝一杯 |
[42:55] | – What? – I’m gonna go get a drink. | -什么 -我要去喝一杯 |
[43:00] | Can I get a whiskey sour? | 请给我来一杯酸威士忌 |
[43:18] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[43:19] | Your-your friend invited me. | 你朋友请我来的 |
[43:21] | I’m not here for any other reason. | 我来这不是为了别的 |
[43:24] | Oh, that’s good to know. | 那就好 |
[43:26] | What? | 什么 |
[43:28] | Oh, I said that’s good to know. | 我说那就好 |
[43:35] | So, are you still in touch with your dad? | 你跟你爸还有联络吗 |
[43:37] | No. No. | 不 没有 |
[43:40] | You? | 你呢 |
[43:41] | Not really. | 也不怎么联系 |
[43:42] | Um, his boyfriend calls me, but I just… | 他男朋友会给我打电话 但是我… |
[43:45] | Do you really want to talk about this? | 你真的想聊这些吗 |
[43:47] | No. | 不 |
[43:49] | You know what I want to do? | 你知道我想做什么吗 |
[43:51] | Tell me. | 说说看 |
[43:52] | Dance. | 跳舞 |
[44:31] | Aren’t you glad you came? | 来了是不是特别高兴 |
[44:33] | Ah, I am. I am. | 确实 高兴 |
[44:36] | – She’s a kick. – I know. | -她可真带劲 -看出来了 |
[44:41] | Am I boring? | 我是不是特无聊 |
[44:42] | What? | 什么 |
[44:43] | Amy and I– I think we’re boring. | 我和艾米 我觉得我们特无聊 |
[44:46] | You were in prison. That’s not boring. | 你可是蹲过监狱的人 那才不叫无聊 |
[44:48] | You’re a fucking ninja. | 你是个牛逼的忍者 |
[44:50] | You think I’m a ninja? | 你觉得我是个忍者 |
[44:51] | Yes. | 当然 |
[44:57] | I feel like I’m cheating. | 我觉得我是在劈腿 |
[44:58] | You’re dancing. | 你是在跳舞 |
[45:00] | Or do you mean with me? Because I’m ready for anything. | 你是说和我吗 我可是来者不拒 |
[45:04] | No. No, with… | 不 不 跟… |
[45:07] | I don’t know. What do you want? | 我不知道 你想要什么 |
[45:11] | Sometimes I want stability. | 有时候我想要稳定 |
[45:13] | Sometimes I don’t. | 有时候我不想 |
[45:15] | Of those, what do you want right now? | 此时此刻你想要的是哪个 |
[45:19] | That’s the question. | 问题就在于此 |
[45:22] | Go dance. | 去跳舞吧 |
[45:33] | No. No. | 不 不行 |
[45:35] | – No, I’m gonna go home. – No. | -不 我要回家 -不许走 |
[45:37] | Yes. Will you say bye to Drew? | 我要走了 替我跟德鲁说再见 |
[45:39] | He’s great. He’s great. | 他不错 很不错 |
[45:41] | – No. What are you doing? – I’m getting an Uber. | -不行 你要干什么 -我要叫优步 |
[45:44] | Okay. I’m gonna see you at work. | 明天律所见 |
[45:57] | I’m here to say good-bye. | 我是来说再见的 |
[46:19] | Uber. | 优步 |
[46:26] | Seat belts, please. | 请系好安全带 |
[46:39] | Oh, hi. Ms. Eastman. | 伊斯曼女士 |
[46:44] | Uh, now? | 现在吗 |
[46:56] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[46:57] | – Are you okay? – Yeah, I’m… | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[46:59] | Did I interrupt anything? | 我坏了什么好事了吗 |
[47:00] | No, I’m good. | 没有 没事 |
[47:02] | The stamina of youth. | 年轻人的活力 |
[47:04] | We’ll need to get everything packed up here. | 我们要把所有的东西都打包收好 |
[47:06] | Oh, our last day? | 最后一天了吗 |
[47:07] | Yes. Back to D.C. | 是的 回特区了 |
[47:09] | Well, um, shouldn’t we stay a few more days? | 我们不是要再多待几天吗 |
[47:14] | Take a vacation. | 休个假吧 |
[47:30] | So, are these cards really about the copycat killings? | 这些扑克牌真和模仿谋杀有关吗 |
[47:33] | Yep. | 是的 |
[47:36] | Are you all worried? | 你们是不是都很担心 |
[47:37] | – Yes. – No. | -是的 -不是 |
[47:39] | You’re the tiebreaker. | 你是决定胜负的人 |
[47:41] | Uh, well, Diane has a gun, | 戴安可是有枪的人 |
[47:43] | so, uh, I’m gonna agree with Diane. | 我还是站在她那边吧 |
[47:46] | So, what’s the conclusion, | 结论是什么 |
[47:48] | Ms. Eastman? Are we out? | 伊斯曼女士 我们出局了吗 |
[47:50] | No. The DNC likes what they saw. | 不 民主党国委会对你们的表现很满意 |
[47:53] | It’s good news. | 好事 |
[47:54] | There’s just one thing. | 但是有一点 |
[47:57] | It’s only Liz. | 只要莉兹 |
[48:00] | I’m… I-I don’t understand. | 我 我没明白 |
[48:03] | They want a team of lawyers, but not just from one firm. | 他们想要一个律师团 但不从同一个律所挑 |
[48:07] | – Like the Avengers. – That’s right. | -就像复仇者联盟 -是的 |
[48:09] | Five lawyers, one from each firm. | 五名律师 一个律所选一个 |
[48:11] | Liz, you-you handle the anger. | 莉兹 你负责处理愤怒 |
[48:14] | So Liz is Wonder Woman. Great. | 所以莉兹是神奇女侠 很好 |
[48:17] | That’s the Justice League. | 女侠是正义联盟的 |
[48:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[48:21] | Um, here’s your contract. | 这是你的合同 |
[48:23] | Nondisclosure agreement. We’ll want you ready in a week. | 保密协议 我们给你一周的准备时间 |
[48:30] | Let’s kick his ass, okay? | 好好收拾他 好吗 |
[48:37] | Well, that was weird. | 好奇怪 |
[48:44] | Let’s clean things up. | 把东西收拾好 |
[48:45] | Turn off the DNC cameras. | 把民主党国委会的摄像头关掉 |
[49:08] | *The people name you the president* | *百姓选你当总统* |
[49:10] | *You get your power from our consent* | *我们赋予你权利* |
[49:14] | *It’s not just a figure of speech* | *这可不只是比喻* |
[49:17] | If you do something you shouldn’t do | *你若做事不规矩* |
[49:20] | *The Constitution will deal with you* | *宪法就会收拾你* |
[49:23] | *Congress has power to impeach* | *国会有权弹劾你* |
[49:26] | *Republicans, Democrats, in-betweeners* | *共和民主中间派* |
[49:29] | *No one likes high crimes and misdemeanors* | *讨厌重罪和不端* |
[49:32] | *Your tiny hands will scratch and claw* | *凭你小手乱挠抓* |
[49:35] | *But nobody’s above the law* | *无人可凌驾法律* |
[49:38] | *Andrew Johnson and Clinton, too* | *约翰逊和克林顿也不行* |
[49:42] | *Congress did what they had to do* | *国会尽职又尽责* |
[49:45] | *Nixon resigned just in time* | *尼克松也要交辞呈* |
[49:48] | *Obstructing justice and perjury* | *妨碍司法做伪证* |
[49:51] | *Emoluments, Russian puppetry* | *外资报酬 俄国傀儡* |
[49:54] | *Treason is also a crime* | *叛国也是一种罪* |
[49:57] | *Republicans, Democrats, in-betweeners * | *共和民主中间派* |
[50:00] | *Looking for high crimes and misdemeanors * | *严查重罪和不端* |
[50:03] | *Maybe this will stick in your craw* | *也许你没法忍受* |
[50:06] | *But nobody’s above the law* | *但无人凌驾法律* |
[50:09] | *They vote on the articles* | *他们在众议院里* |
[50:09] | 赞成 反对 | |
[50:10] | *In the House of Representatives * | *按法律条文投票* |
[50:11] | *Simple majority says if you’re impeached* | *若超半数通过则你被弹劾* |
[50:16] | *Then there’s a trial in the Senate* | *然后在参议院开庭* |
[50:17] | *In which they consider the charges* | *他们将会斟酌控罪* |
[50:18] | *And vote to remove you from office* | *然后投票将你罢免* |
[50:19] | *And if they get two-thirds, then it’s done and you’re gone* | *票数若过三分之二则尘埃落定* |
[50:21] | *And you’ll never hold office again* | *政坛再无容你之处* |
[50:23] | *Maybe that’s why* | *或许这就是原因* |
[50:25] | *You don’t do business with foreign spies* | *别跟外国间谍打交道* |
[50:28] | *You don’t keep slush funds, you don’t tell lies* | *别搞非法基金 别说谎* |
[50:31] | *History knows what you’ve done* | *所作和所为 历史全知道* |
[50:34] | *Republicans, democrats, in-betweeners* | *共和民主中间派* |
[50:37] | *Tired of your high crimes and misdemeanors* | *厌倦重罪和不端* |
[50:40] | *The founders and the framers foresaw* | *奠基人 制宪者 高瞻远瞩* |
[50:43] | *But nobody’s above the law* | *但无人可凌驾法律* |
[50:47] | *Nobody’s above the law* | *无人可凌驾法律* |
[50:49] | *Even you* | *你也不行* |
[50:50] | *Nobody’s above the law.* | *无人可凌驾法律* |