时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:31] | Okay, good. | 好的 |
[00:33] | You can freeze that, Miss Court Clerk. | 你可以暂停了 法庭助理小姐 |
[00:36] | This is one of the toughest decisions I’ve made | 这是我做过的最艰难的决定之一 |
[00:40] | because I respect the brilliance of both of you. | 你们俩的才华我都很欣赏 |
[00:44] | Go ahead and stand. | 起立吧 |
[00:48] | Tip Top Trina made up a dance she calls… | 一姐特瑞娜创立了一种舞蹈叫… |
[00:51] | – What was it? – Spanky Leg. | -叫什么来着 -斯潘奇腿 |
[00:52] | She put it online. | 她发在了网上 |
[00:53] | Soon after, a popular video game appeared, charging money | 不久之后出现了一个迅速走红的游戏 |
[00:58] | for people to have their avatar do a similar dance. | 让玩家付费上传自己的头像跳类似的舞 |
[01:03] | And that was called, um… | 而这个游戏叫 |
[01:05] | What was that? | 叫什么来着 |
[01:06] | Yankee Leg. Totally different. | 扬基腿 完全不一样 |
[01:08] | – And Tip Top Trina wasn’t paid a cent? – That’s right. | -一姐特瑞娜一毛钱都没收到吗 -没错 |
[01:10] | – She didn’t have a copyright. – I didn’t need a copyright. | -她没有版权 -我不需要申请版权 |
[01:13] | I recorded it and put it on TikTok. | 我录下来传到了抖音上 |
[01:14] | – Yeah, and I didn’t steal it. – Okay, | -我没有剽窃它 -得了吧 |
[01:16] | – Well, that’s not really true, because I… – Do you own hip-hop, | -没有才怪 因为我… -嘻哈是你家的吗 |
[01:18] | – Do you own tap dancing? – All right, all right, all right. | -踢踏舞也是你家的吗 -好了好了好了 |
[01:19] | Hey, stop. Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey! | 喂 都停下 喂喂喂 |
[01:22] | We’re all gonna take a breath here. | 我们都冷静一下 |
[01:23] | Come on. Calm down. Just breathe, please. | 来冷静一下 做深呼吸 |
[01:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:33] | After extensive consultation with my court clerk, | 在与我的助理小姐认真商讨之后 |
[01:36] | here’s my decision. | 我的决定是 |
[01:37] | By the power invested in me by absolutely no one, | 通过没人赋予我的权利 |
[01:40] | I find the defendant, Garrison Vitar, | 我认为被告人盖里森·维塔 |
[01:43] | committed intellectual property theft | 盗窃了知识产权 |
[01:45] | by jacking Trina’s “Spanky Leg,” | 套用了特瑞娜的”斯潘奇腿” |
[01:48] | and must split the profits, | 必须将总额大概是 |
[01:50] | roughly six million dollars, fifty-fifty. | 六百万美元的收益平分 |
[01:53] | Next case. | 下一个案子 |
[01:54] | Are you fucking serious?! | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[01:56] | I am serious, Mr. Vitar. | 我没有 维塔先生 |
[01:58] | I talked to, I don’t know, six lawyers, | 我和大概六个律师聊过 |
[02:00] | who said Trina does not have a case. | 都说特瑞娜根本不可能赢 |
[02:02] | This whole thing is a fucking joke. | 这整件事就是个笑话 |
[02:03] | One which you agreed to, my friend. | 但你同意了 我的朋友 |
[02:05] | I only agreed to it because I was promised a quick verdict. | 我同意的唯一原因是这里能很快下裁决 |
[02:08] | Which I gave you. | 我也很快给了你裁决 |
[02:09] | Uh, just remember to leave your moose suit and a check | 记得留下你的麋鹿服 在走之前 |
[02:11] | with Marissa on your way out. Next case. | 和梅丽莎确认 下一个 |
[02:12] | Fuck the moose suit. Fuck this court. | 去你妈的麋鹿服 去你妈的法庭 |
[02:15] | And fuck you! | 去你妈的 |
[02:16] | Okay? I am, I’m suing your ass. | 我要告你 |
[02:27] | All right, yes, you’ve been subpoenaed. | 是的 没错 你被传唤了 |
[02:30] | – Hello, Mr. Cord. – Liz. | -你好 科德先生 -莉兹 |
[02:32] | I think we should countersue. | 我认为我们应该反诉 |
[02:34] | I don’t want the court’s authority undercut. | 我不希望法庭的权威因此受到影响 |
[02:36] | Which court? | 哪个法庭 |
[02:37] | – Mine. – Yeah, well, here’s the problem. | -我的 -这就是问题所在 |
[02:39] | Mr. Vitar is suing you for brand disparagement. Okay. | 维塔先生告的是品牌毁谤 好吧 |
[02:43] | He… uh, he is insisting that his video game | 他坚持说他的游戏因为这事 |
[02:46] | has taken a hit in the marketplace | 在市场上受到不良影响 |
[02:47] | and he wants $800,000 and your court closed. | 他要80万赔偿 还要关掉你的法庭 |
[02:50] | That’s overreach. He won’t get it. | 这过头了 他不会成功的 |
[02:52] | He signed a contract to abide by Hal’s ruling. | 他签署了一个合同要遵守哈尔的裁决 |
[02:54] | Yes, and that’s what we will lean on. But almost any real judge | 没错 这就是我们的依据 但是 |
[02:58] | is not gonna look kindly on someone playing a judge. | 没有真法官会对扮法官的人网开一面 |
[03:00] | I’m not playing judge. I am a judge. | 我不是在扮演法官 我就是法官 |
[03:02] | Mr. Wackner, listen to me. | 瓦克纳先生 听我说 |
[03:04] | Your court does not have the force of law. | 你的法庭没有法律效力 |
[03:07] | You can’t imprison anyone. | 你不能把人关进监狱 |
[03:08] | You can’t force someone to pay. | 你不能强迫人付钱 |
[03:10] | The court we’re going to– it does all those things, | 但我们要去的法庭 这些都能做 |
[03:13] | and loves doing those things. | 也喜欢做那些事 |
[03:15] | All right, now, if they close your doors, | 好了 如果他们让你关门 |
[03:18] | the police can enforce that. You could go to jail. | 警察可以负责强制执行 你可能会入狱 |
[03:20] | So, please, let me fight this case for you. All right? | 所以 请让我为你打这个官司 好吗 |
[03:23] | Keep the craziness and the-the fiction | 把那股疯劲和扮演的样子都收起来 |
[03:26] | to a minimum, and I can win this. | 我就能赢下这场官司 |
[03:28] | But they’re gonna want to make you the focus, | 但他们会想把你作为焦点 |
[03:30] | and if they do, we lose. | 如果真这样做了 我们输定了 |
[03:32] | So, please, don’t become the focus. | 所以尽量低调 |
[03:34] | How do I do that? | 我要怎么做 |
[03:35] | You respect the judge. | 尊重法官 |
[03:36] | You-you wear a suit. | 穿西装 |
[03:38] | You answer “Yes” And “No” And nothing else. | 只回答”是”或者”不是” |
[03:40] | – I don’t own a suit. – I can get you one. | -我没有西装 -我可以给你买 |
[03:42] | This is why I started a court. | 这就是我为什么要自己建一个法庭 |
[03:46] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[03:47] | He doesn’t like being told what to do. | 他不喜欢被人指挥 |
[03:49] | He’ll just do the opposite. | 他会反着来 |
[03:50] | Yeah, that’s what I thought. | 我也是这么想的 |
[03:53] | Uh, Okay, I-I need your help, Marissa. | 好吧 我需要你的帮助 梅丽莎 |
[03:55] | You’re my Wackner whisperer. | 你帮我给瓦克纳吹耳边风 |
[03:57] | Just keep him in line. | 管好他 |
[03:58] | If I can, I will. | 我尽力 |
[04:04] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[04:05] | Everyone, please take your seats. | 大家请就坐 |
[04:08] | So, today, we have one question. | 今天我们只有一个问题要讨论 |
[04:10] | How do we create more opportunities for Black lawyers? | 我们怎么为黑人律师创造更多机会 |
[04:14] | I’d like to welcome our panelists, | 有请我们的研讨专家 |
[04:15] | leaders of the top four Black Chicago law firms. | 芝加哥前四律所的领导人 |
[04:18] | Let’s hear it for Isaiah Drummond, | 有请艾赛亚·德拉蒙德 |
[04:19] | founder of Dooley, Rich and Associates. | 杜利&瑞奇律所创始人 |
[04:24] | Jeff Taha, who runs Taha and Brickman. | 塔哈&布里克曼律所的领导人杰夫·塔哈 |
[04:29] | Danny Rata, who you might have heard of before, | 你们还可能听说过丹尼·瑞塔 |
[04:31] | from Rata, Mooney, and Brock. | 来自于瑞塔&穆尼&布鲁克律所 |
[04:35] | And Diane Lockhart. | 以及戴安·洛哈特 |
[04:38] | So, let’s talk about opportunities for Black lawyers. | 那么 让我们讨论如何给黑人律师更多机会 |
[04:42] | Diane? | 戴安 |
[04:47] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:57] | Okay… | 好的 |
[04:59] | – How do I stop this sound? – What sound, sir? | -我要怎么才能关掉这个声音 -什么声音 先生 |
[05:03] | 20 times an hour. | 一小时响了20次 |
[05:05] | What is it and why do I care? | 那是个什么东西 我为什么要关心这个 |
[05:07] | Dawnk. It’s our new intra-company messaging system. | 多恩客 是我们的公司内部的信息系统 |
[05:10] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:11] | It’s faster than email. | 比发邮件快 |
[05:13] | You can have a thread on specific topics, | 你能为某个话题单独建立一个讨论组 |
[05:15] | 匿名鸽子: 我为什么是鸽子 匿名企鹅: 匿名刺猬 你可真是太支持我了 混蛋 | |
[05:15] | share documents and reach the people you need | 分享文件 通过打标签的方式 |
[05:18] | – by tagging them. – What do you mean, tagging? | -联系相关人员 -打标签是什么意思 |
[05:19] | – Attaching their name. – Like email? | -打出名字 -就像邮件一样吗 |
[05:21] | Why don’t I just email or find them and yell at them? | 我为什么不可以直接发邮件或者当面吼他们 |
[05:24] | The associates… they, they prefer this. | 律师们比较喜欢这个方式 |
[05:27] | Everyone’s tired of running up and down the stairs, | 每天跑上跑下大家都很累 |
[05:28] | 杰: 匿名鸽子 你在哪儿 我过来帮你 匿名鸽子: 如果有人可以帮忙的话 我在开放办公区左后方的复印机那儿 | |
[05:29] | hunting people down. | 就为了找个人 |
[05:30] | And some of us don’t love having to deal with people directly. | 而且我们很多人不喜欢直接和人打交道 |
[05:36] | Who is “Anonymous Crab?” | 谁是匿名螃蟹 |
[05:37] | If you don’t sign in with your account, | 如果你没用你的账号登录的话 |
[05:39] | the system assigns you an anonymous avatar. | 系统会给你分配一个匿名身份 |
[05:41] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:42] | It’s meant to foster free communication. | 为了促进自由沟通 |
[05:46] | “How the hell did this…” | 这他妈 |
[05:48] | …happen? | 怎么回事 |
[05:48] | How did Diane end up at a Black conference | 为什么是戴安代表我们律所 |
[05:51] | speaking for our firm? | 去了一个黑人会议 |
[05:53] | What an embarrassment. | 这太丢脸了 |
[05:54] | Take a look at this. | 看看这个 |
[05:55] | Anonymous Crab just posted a video. | 匿名螃蟹刚刚发了一个视频 |
[05:57] | How do I play it? | 我怎么播放 |
[05:58] | So, how does that work, Diane, you running a Black firm? | 戴安 你是怎么管理一家黑人律所的呢 |
[06:01] | Oh, well, I’m just a co-partner at, ooh, um, Reddick/Lockhart. | 我只是共同合伙人 我们是雷&迪律所 |
[06:06] | Uh-oh. That’s not good for Diane. | 戴安要遭殃了 |
[06:07] | But isn’t your husband involved with the white supremacists | 但你的丈夫不是和进攻国会的 |
[06:10] | who attacked the Capitol? | 白人至上主义者有关系吗 |
[06:12] | No. He was completely cleared of those charges. | 不 他已经彻底洗脱了指控 |
[06:14] | But didn’t he just take a job to revitalize the NRA? | 可是他不是刚刚得到复兴步枪协会的工作吗 |
[06:19] | I… | 我 |
[06:20] | No. I believe that’s an error. | 不 我认为这个传闻有误 |
[06:22] | Oh, God, I love technology. | 天啊 我爱死高科技了 |
[06:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:27] | How are we doing with the rich rapist? | 那个富豪强奸犯怎么样了 |
[06:29] | Sir, he’s not a rapist. | 先生 他不是强奸犯 |
[06:31] | How’s he doing? | 他怎么样了 |
[06:32] | Preliminary hearing next week. | 下周预审 |
[06:36] | I heard she didn’t even have seniority. | 我听说她连资历都没有 |
[06:38] | She just jumped past other Black partners | 直接跳过其他黑人合伙人 |
[06:39] | to become our name partner. It’s crazy. | 成了我们的冠名合伙人 太扯了 |
[06:42] | Diane doesn’t give a shit | 戴安才不在乎 |
[06:43] | about this firm’s legacy. | 这家律所的传承 |
[06:44] | Diane is clueless. | 戴安啥都不懂 |
[06:46] | And yet, somehow, she’s the one in charge? | 结果呢 她成了管事的人了 |
[06:47] | Liz needs to do something about this. | 莉兹需要采取点什么措施了 |
[06:49] | Liz will never do it on her own. | 莉兹自己是不会下手的 |
[06:51] | We need to do something ourselves. | 我们得靠我们自己 |
[06:53] | Some of us already are doing something by speaking up. | 我们有些人正在通过发声采取措施 |
[06:56] | We just need to keep it going. | 我们只要继续就好了 |
[06:58] | I know, look at Black Twitter, it’s exploding. | 看看黑人推特 都炸了 |
[07:01] | What is Black Twitter? | 黑人推特是什么 |
[07:03] | What? | 什么 |
[07:04] | What is Black Twitter? | 黑人推特是什么 |
[07:07] | People on Twitter who are Black and talk to each other. | 推特上互相交流的黑人 |
[07:09] | – How do I get on it? – Uh, well, | -我怎么才能上去 -这个 |
[07:11] | I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you. | 我能告诉你 但是我得杀了你 |
[07:14] | It’s not just Diane. That’s bad enough, | 不止是戴安 虽然已经够糟糕的了 |
[07:17] | but did you hear who Julius Cain represented? | 但是你们听说朱利叶斯代理谁了吗 |
[07:20] | Oh, I know. | 我知道 |
[07:21] | Fucking Trumpite. | 特朗普走狗 |
[07:23] | Why the hell is he even working here? | 他怎么还在这工作 |
[07:24] | I don’t have any problem with him working here. | 我对他在这工作没有什么意见 |
[07:27] | It’s him representing a white supremacist | 而是对他代理一个白人至上主义者有意见 |
[07:29] | like Diane’s husband. | 比如戴安的丈夫 |
[07:31] | What the fuck? | 搞什么 |
[07:32] | I know. Julius Cane is such a coon. | 我知道 朱利叶斯·凯恩就是个舔白鬼 |
[08:16] | Devin. | 戴文 |
[08:17] | You have a minute? | 你忙吗 |
[08:18] | Mr. Cain, hello. Yes. | 凯恩先生 你好 不忙 |
[08:22] | What do you need? | 有什么事吗 |
[08:25] | Do you know who Anonymous Platypus is on our, | 你知道匿名鸭嘴兽是谁吗 |
[08:30] | – uh, new office app? – Do I? No. | -新办公程序上的 -你问我 我不知道 |
[08:32] | There-there won’t be any repercussions. | 不会造成什么后果的 |
[08:34] | I, uh, I just want to ask him a few questions. | 我只是想问他几个问题 |
[08:36] | The app gives us anonymous animal names | 如果用户不登录的话 |
[08:38] | if users don’t sign in. | 就给我们分配匿名动物名称 |
[08:39] | It allows more freedom and less judgement when making comments. | 这让发表评论的时候更自由 不那么违心 |
[08:42] | I understand, but there has to be one Platypus, right? | 我明白 但是肯定有一个鸭嘴兽吧 |
[08:46] | No. The computer switches animals every day. | 不 电脑每天都换动物 |
[08:48] | So, today, I’m Anonymous Chipmunk. | 今天 我是匿名花栗鼠 |
[08:50] | The day before, I was Anonymous Giraffe. | 前天我是匿名长颈鹿 |
[08:52] | – Is there something wrong? – No, no, no. No, no. Uh… | -有什么问题吗 -没有 没有 |
[08:55] | Just, uh… | 只是… |
[08:58] | 匿名鸭嘴兽:朱利叶斯·凯恩就是个舔白鬼 匿名野牛:小众意见 我觉得是阿德里安的锅 | |
[08:59] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[09:01] | I-I didn’t see that. | 我没看见 |
[09:03] | I’m sorry, Mr. Cain. This is not cool. | 对不起 凯恩先生 这样太不好了 |
[09:05] | Yeah, well, if you see them, you let them know. | 如果你看见这个人 告诉他们一声 |
[09:07] | Oh, I’ll do more than that. | 我会把动静弄大点 |
[09:13] | That should end it, sir. | 这应该就搞定了 先生 |
[09:28] | It’s a sham court, Your Honor. | 这是个假法庭 法官阁下 |
[09:28] | Anything that he has to say, this, no… | 他必须说的所有的话… |
[09:30] | It pretends to judge matters fairly… | 佯装公正判断事务 |
[09:31] | This is a meritless case. | 这是个站不住脚的案子 |
[09:33] | …but the so-called judge… | 而所谓的法官 |
[09:33] | There was a contract… | 有合同… |
[09:34] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[09:35] | I am not going to shout over you… | 我才不要跟你们比嗓门 |
[09:38] | as my voice is not at its best this morning. | 我今天上午嗓子不舒服 |
[09:41] | But what I will do, if this continues, | 我要做的是 如果继续这样下去 |
[09:44] | is hand out my little contempt cards. | 我就要亮出藐视法庭牌 |
[09:48] | The value goes up. | 赔偿额度就往上加 |
[09:49] | It starts at $500, $1,000… | 从500美元起 1000美元 |
[09:52] | $10,000. | 一万美元 |
[09:54] | Wow, I really love that. | 我可太喜欢这样了 |
[09:56] | Sir, let your lawyer speak. | 先生 请让你的律师发言 |
[09:57] | Mr. Schultz, didn’t your clients sign a mediation contract? | 舒尔茨先生 您委托人不是签了调解协议了吗 |
[10:01] | He signed this, Your Honor. | 他签的是这个 法官阁下 |
[10:02] | I’m not sure I’d call it a contract. | 我不确定是否应该称之为合同 |
[10:05] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[10:06] | It’s a contract written on the back of a Chinese take-out menu. | 是在中餐外卖菜单背面写的一份合同 |
[10:10] | Your Honor, the contract could have been chiseled on a rock. | 法官阁下 刻在石头上的都可以是合同 |
[10:13] | The terms are explicit and signed by both parties. | 条款明确 双方都签了字 |
[10:16] | Certainly true, Mr. Schultz. | 没错 舒尔茨先生 |
[10:19] | Ridiculous, but true. | 虽然很荒唐 但确实如此 |
[10:21] | Are, are you disputing that this is your client’s signature? | 你是在质疑这是你委托人的签名吗 |
[10:24] | – No, but I… – We move to dismiss. | -不是 可是我… -我们希望撤销案件 |
[10:27] | Mr. Vitar is bound by the terms of the arbitration agreement | 维塔先生必须遵守仲裁协议的条款 |
[10:31] | to honor Judge Wackner’s decision. | 尊重瓦克纳法官的裁决 |
[10:33] | – Judge Wackner? – Sorry. | -瓦克纳法官 -对不起 |
[10:35] | No. Mr. Wackner. | 不 瓦克纳先生 |
[10:38] | Mr. Wackner, do you purport to be a judge? | 瓦克纳先生 你打算当法官吗 |
[10:42] | I don’t purport to be anything. I am… | 我没有任何打算 |
[10:45] | I judge facts. In that sense, I’m a judge. | 我判断试试 从这个角度讲 我是个法官 |
[10:47] | My client was told he had to address Mr. Wackner | 我的委托人被告知 要称呼瓦克纳先生 |
[10:50] | as “Your Honor.” | 为”法官阁下” |
[10:51] | “Your Honor” is a term of endearment. | “法官阁下”是一种爱称 |
[10:53] | Like the “Queen of Soul,” or “Captain Crunch” | 比如”灵魂歌后”或者”嘎吱船长” |
[10:56] | or “Count Chocula.” | 亦或”朱古拉伯爵” |
[10:58] | – And who are you? – Uh, I’m Mr… | -那你是什么 -我是先生… |
[11:01] | Uh, I’m Judge… Mr. Wackner’s law clerk… | 我是法官…瓦克纳先生的书记员 |
[11:03] | Uh, okay. Legally, it doesn’t matter | 好吧 从法律上来讲 |
[11:05] | how Mr. Wackner was addressed during arbitration. | 在仲裁期间 称呼瓦克纳先生什么都无所谓 |
[11:08] | The point is that Mr. Vitar himself | 关键在于 维塔先生在签字时 |
[11:11] | gave him decision-making authority when he signed… | 就给了他做裁决的权力 |
[11:13] | On the understanding the man was sane. | 如果瓦克纳先生是正常人那还行 |
[11:16] | Your Honor, Mr. Wackner is of unsound mind. | 法官阁下 但他心智不全 |
[11:20] | Your Honor, he’s joking. | 法官阁下 他在开玩笑 |
[11:22] | Mr. Wackner, if you lose, | 瓦克纳先生 如果你输了 |
[11:24] | your court will be disbanded, | 就要解散你的法庭 |
[11:27] | and you will pay $800,000. | 并且你要赔偿80万美元 |
[11:30] | You really think this is the time to joke? | 你真认为这是开玩笑的好时机吗 |
[11:31] | We agree, Your Honor, | 我们认同 法官阁下 |
[11:33] | and we ask that you dismiss this case, based on its merits. | 鉴于本案缺少法律理据 我们请求撤销案件 |
[11:36] | Your Honor, at the very minimum, you should hear evidence | 法官阁下 您至少应该听听 |
[11:39] | on Mr. Wackner’s unsound mind. | 瓦克纳先生心智不全的证据 |
[11:42] | I agree. I’ll hear the evidence. | 我同意 我要听听证据 |
[11:45] | It won’t take very long. | 用不了多长时间 |
[11:49] | This was your first time attempting to resolve a dispute | 这是你第一次试图通过瓦克纳先生 |
[11:51] | – through Mr. Wackner, is that correct? – It is. | -解决纠纷 对吗 -是的 |
[11:54] | Uh, I wouldn’t have gone anywhere near him | 如果我知道他开的是个神经病院的话 |
[11:56] | – if I knew what a psycho ward he was running… – Objection. | -我根本不会找他 -反对 |
[11:59] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[11:59] | What aspects of Mr. Wackner’s so-called court | 瓦克纳先生的所谓的法庭的哪些方面 |
[12:02] | made you feel that way? | 让你有了这种感觉 |
[12:03] | Oh. Where to start? | 从何说起呢 |
[12:04] | A scoreboard, um… | 计分板 |
[12:06] | – Quizzing potential jurors on state capitals? – Oh, Christ. | -考准陪审员各州首府的名称 -天啊 |
[12:09] | What, if any, specific instructions were you given | 如果有的话 关于合适的着装 |
[12:12] | as to appropriate wardrobe? | 给了你哪些明确指示 |
[12:14] | I was told to wear a moose suit. | 让我穿麋鹿服 |
[12:17] | I’m sorry. What? | 抱歉 什么 |
[12:18] | I had to wear a moose suit. | 我必须穿麋鹿服 |
[12:20] | A moose suit. What is a moose suit? | 麋鹿服 什么是麋鹿服 |
[12:22] | It’s a suit that looks like a moose. | 是一套看着像麋鹿的服装 |
[12:26] | It has a straw hat and a basket. | 有一个草帽和竹篮 |
[12:28] | Who told you to wear a moose suit? | 是谁告诉你要穿麋鹿装的 |
[12:30] | Uh, the court officer. He said it came from Wackner. | 法庭的保安 他说是瓦格纳的意思 |
[12:32] | Objection, hearsay. | 反对 传闻 |
[12:34] | Your Honor, because we’re not relying | 法官阁下 由于我方证据 |
[12:35] | solely on hearsay, | 不仅仅是传闻 |
[12:37] | we’d like to introduce videos. | 我们想引入视频 |
[12:38] | Your Honor, we submitted the official court transcripts. | 法官阁下 我们已经递交了法庭审理的转录 |
[12:42] | – This is the first we are hearing about videos. – That’s odd. | -我们第一次知道还有视频 -太奇怪了 |
[12:44] | They were recorded by one of Ms. Reddick’s own clients. | 视频是雷迪克女士的其中一个客户拍下来的 |
[12:46] | – Who? – Del Cooper, | -谁 -戴尔·库珀 |
[12:47] | for a streaming reality show. | 直播真人秀用 |
[12:56] | There she is. | 她来了 |
[13:00] | How we doing? | 还好吗 |
[13:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:05] | How am I doing? | 我还好吗 |
[13:07] | When were you gonna tell me? | 你打算什么时候告诉我 |
[13:09] | What? That you, uh, didn’t like Cajun? | 什么 说你不喜欢卡真食物吗 |
[13:12] | No. The cameras in Wackner’s courtroom. | 不是 瓦克纳法庭的摄像机 |
[13:16] | You’re doing a reality show about my client? | 你在制作我当事人的真人秀吗 |
[13:18] | Oh, yeah. Yeah, yeah. | 对 没错 |
[13:19] | The People’s Court meets Mr. Wizard. | 当人民法庭遇上魔法先生 |
[13:21] | Amazing, right? | 很棒 对吧 |
[13:22] | But he’s my client. | 但他是我的当事人 |
[13:25] | You, you got him through me. | 你 你是通过我认识了他 |
[13:26] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, baby. That– | 等等 宝贝 那 |
[13:28] | That makes it sound like I was using you. | 听起来像我利用了你 |
[13:31] | I met him in your elevator. That’s all. | 我在你的电梯里遇见了他 仅此而已 |
[13:34] | You need some of this. | 你需要来点这个 |
[13:35] | N-No. No, no, no. You didn’t… | 不 不不不 你没有… |
[13:36] | You didn’t ask me. | 你没有问我 |
[13:38] | Liz… | 莉兹 |
[13:41] | Why would I ask you? | 我为什么要问你 |
[13:44] | Well, because… | 因为 |
[13:47] | Because they’re using it against me in court. | 因为他们在用这个在法庭上反驳我 |
[13:49] | That’s unfortunate, baby. | 那太不幸了 宝贝 |
[13:50] | But-but this streaming show | 但这个节目 |
[13:51] | could be really good for Wackner. | 对瓦克纳是件好事 |
[13:53] | It-It’ll draw attention to his court. | 让人们关注了他的法庭 |
[13:56] | And as I say that… | 当我说出口后 |
[13:57] | that-that-that sounds… | 那确实听上去… |
[13:59] | Okay, look. I’m Sorry. | 好吧 抱歉 |
[14:01] | But look, if you ran into the President of Lionsgate Films | 但听着 如果你在我的电梯里遇见了 |
[14:04] | in my elevator, I would say go for it, baby. | 狮门电影的主席 我会说上吧 宝贝 |
[14:06] | In fact, use every single contact in my book. | 实际上 你可以利用我所有的联系人 |
[14:09] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:10] | Because that’s what power couples do. | 因为这才是强力情侣的做法 |
[14:12] | Okay. I just, I… | 好吧 我只是 我… |
[14:15] | What? | 怎么了 |
[14:15] | I just, I don’t think this is a good idea. | 我只是 我觉得这不是个好主意 |
[14:18] | Wackner becoming popular? | 瓦克纳变火吗 |
[14:20] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:21] | He’s funny. | 他有趣 |
[14:23] | He’s a disrupter and… | 他是个破坏者 而且 |
[14:24] | disrupters gotta disrupt. | 破坏者需要破坏东西 |
[14:26] | And look, if I hadn’t have done it, | 听着 如果我没做 |
[14:28] | someone else would’ve. | 也有其他人会做 |
[14:29] | It’s that kind of idea. | 这想法就是那么火 |
[14:33] | Okay. I just… | 好吧 我只是… |
[14:35] | I don’t think it’s gonna end well. | 我觉得这不会有好结果 |
[14:36] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[14:38] | Comedy has its own logic. | 喜剧有自己的逻辑 |
[14:40] | So just… | 所以你就… |
[14:42] | Just breathe. | 呼吸吧 |
[14:43] | Grab the wine. | 拿一杯酒 |
[14:45] | I made you some scrimps. | 我给你做了点吃的 |
[14:48] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[14:50] | You know, I thought it was pretty sexy | 我觉得你刚才对我发火的时候 |
[14:51] | when you were mad at me earlier. | 实在是很性感 |
[14:54] | Yeah. | 对 |
[14:54] | Well, you just keep it up. | 那你继续努力 |
[14:56] | I’m gonna be sexy all the time. | 我会一直性感 |
[14:57] | Oh, and I’m gonna make you mad all night. | 放心 我会让你整晚生气 |
[15:05] | 匿名袋鼠:我们怎么还在为这事吵 科学摆在那 疫苗有用 匿名熊:真的吗 我们有些人不想成为政府的小白鼠 匿名海豚:你们别吵了 这没用 匿名花栗鼠:我们能谈谈戴安的情况吗 | |
[15:08] | There must be something we can do about this. | 肯定有我们能做的事 |
[15:10] | Talk to the partners. | 跟合伙人谈谈 |
[15:12] | Ask them how we could have the white supremacist | 问他们我们怎么能让白人至上主义者 |
[15:14] | running our firm. | 管理律所 |
[15:15] | They won’t do shit. | 他们屁都不会做 |
[15:16] | They can’t be happy either. | 他们肯定也不开心 |
[15:18] | All they have to do is vote Diane out. | 他们只需要投票让戴安出局 |
[15:22] | Hello? | 有人在吗 |
[15:26] | Are we getting drunk? | 我们要一醉方休吗 |
[15:29] | What? | 什么 |
[15:32] | Can I turn that down? | 我能把声音调小吗 |
[15:41] | I asked are we getting drunk? | 我问我们要一醉方休吗 |
[15:46] | Are we getting a job with the NRA? | 我们要接受步枪协会的工作吗 |
[15:51] | Did somebody call? | 有人联系你了吗 |
[15:54] | No. | 没有 |
[15:55] | I was at a conference and someone asked. | 我参加会议时有人问了 |
[15:59] | The NRA is trying to revitalize itself | 步枪协会希望在近期的丑闻后 |
[16:02] | after its recent scandals. | 重振自己的形象 |
[16:04] | Its National Board asked | 他们的国家委员会询问 |
[16:06] | if I would be interested in a position. | 我是否感兴趣去那边工作 |
[16:08] | And you said yes? | 你同意了吗 |
[16:10] | No, I said I want to hear more. | 没有 我说我想再了解一下 |
[16:13] | And did you hear more? | 你了解到更多的情况了吗 |
[16:15] | I heard it’s a position in Illinois, | 我知道这岗位在伊利诺伊州 |
[16:17] | it offers $167,000, | 每年16万7千美元 |
[16:19] | and I would be my own boss. | 而且我自己是老板 |
[16:23] | So you’re thinking of taking it? | 所以你在考虑接受 |
[16:26] | I’m thinking I don’t have a job, and it’s worth considering. | 我在想我没有工作 这岗位值得考虑 |
[16:30] | The NR-fucking-A? | 去步枪协会吗 |
[16:31] | The ACLU wasn’t calling. | 公民自由协会没有联系我 |
[16:38] | Diane… | 戴安 |
[16:40] | our politics are very different. | 我们的政治理念很不同 |
[16:41] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:44] | I’m… | 我… |
[16:45] | lately, struck by just how different they are. | 最近惊讶于竟有那么不同 |
[16:50] | You want to convert me? | 你想改变我吗 |
[16:51] | No. I would just like one week when I don’t have to defend you. | 不 我只希望有一周 不用帮你辩护 |
[16:55] | How are you defending me? | 你怎么要帮我辩护了 |
[16:58] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[17:00] | You’ll tell me when they offer you the job? | 他们给你聘书时你能告诉我吗 |
[17:04] | They may not offer it. | 他们也许不会下聘书 |
[17:06] | No, they will. | 不 他们会的 |
[17:24] | Kurt. | 库尔特 |
[17:31] | Kurt, I need to ask you something. | 库尔特 我得问你点事 |
[17:36] | Are you awake? | 你醒着吗 |
[17:42] | I am now. | 现在醒了 |
[17:45] | I need to ask you something. | 我得问你点事 |
[17:47] | What? | 什么事 |
[17:52] | Who did you vote for in 2020? | 2020年大选你投给了谁 |
[17:55] | No, seriously. | 不 说真的 |
[17:58] | I know you wrote in Ted Cruz in 2016, | 我知道2016年你投给了泰德·科鲁兹 |
[18:01] | but who did you vote for last year? | 但去年投给了谁 |
[18:04] | Diane. | 戴安 |
[18:06] | We came through a lot this year. | 这一年我们经历了很多事 |
[18:07] | Can’t we just let it rest? | 就不能随它去吗 |
[18:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:17] | I want to. | 我也想 |
[18:38] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:46] | What do I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[19:38] | This is making me crazy. | 这让我发疯 |
[19:41] | Can we just… can every… | 我们能…所有人 |
[19:42] | Can everyone just turn off the Dawnk app. | 大家能都关一下多恩客应用吗 |
[19:45] | For… just for… Please, just a minute. | 就 就一会 谢谢 |
[19:48] | Okay. Is anybody else receiving any offensive messages? | 好了 其他人看到这些无礼的信息了吗 |
[19:52] | The best thing we can do is ignore it. | 我们最好忽略那些 |
[19:53] | It becomes a Streisand effect if we complain. | 如果我们抱怨 就会变成史翠珊效应[欲盖弥彰] |
[19:56] | I didn’t complain. | 我没抱怨 |
[19:57] | I just want to speak with | 我只想跟那些 |
[19:58] | whoever’s writing the nasty things. | 发恶言恶语的人谈谈 |
[19:59] | I have to agree with Julius. | 我同意朱利叶斯的话 |
[20:01] | If these youngbloods start thinking they can speak | 如果这些年轻人以为自己能 |
[20:03] | to their superiors any which way… | 随心所欲跟上级讲话 |
[20:04] | But what’s the option? We can’t censor them. | 但还有其他选择吗 我们不能审查他们 |
[20:06] | You know, this wouldn’t be an issue, | 如果不是因为戴安和她丈夫 |
[20:07] | if not for Diane and her husband. | 就根本不存在这样的问题 |
[20:09] | And I’m sorry to say it, Julius, | 我很抱歉这么说 朱利叶斯 |
[20:10] | but you should never have agreed to take that case. | 但你就不该同意接这个案子 |
[20:12] | It was Diane’s case. Hello? | 这是戴安的案子 搞搞清楚 |
[20:14] | She defended me. | 她为我辩护 |
[20:15] | But not that client. Diane should’ve known better. | 但不该接那个当事人 戴安应该知道 |
[20:18] | Come on. Diane is not responsible for her husband. | 拜托 戴安不该为她丈夫负责 |
[20:20] | No. No. That-that’s unfair. | 不不 这不公平 |
[20:22] | Listen, we all live in the real world, right? | 我们都住在现实世界 对吧 |
[20:24] | I mean, you are who you associate with. | 你身边的人定义了你 |
[20:26] | And in the real world of this firm, | 而这间律所的现实世界里 |
[20:28] | Diane’s billable hours speak for themselves. | 戴安的计费工时不言而喻 |
[20:31] | The rest of us put in the hours too, for the record. | 顺便说一句 我们其他人也有贡献 |
[20:33] | And none of us have spouses on the hook to the FBI. | 但我们的配偶都没被联调局找上门 |
[20:36] | – The case has been dropped. – Nice work. | -那个案子被撤销了 -干得漂亮 |
[20:38] | Liz, when I joined this firm, | 莉兹 我加入这家律所时 |
[20:40] | it was because of your father’s legacy. | 是因为你父亲的名声 |
[20:42] | It was about Black civil rights, activism, justice. | 是关乎黑人的民权 积极行动 正义 |
[20:47] | That’s what people talked about in meetings. | 那时大家开会讨论的是这些 |
[20:50] | Now, people talk about billable hours, | 而现在 大家讨论的是计费工时 |
[20:53] | million-dollar clients, | 百万富翁客户 |
[20:54] | – corporate payouts. Now, I… – Okay. | -公司支出 现在 我… -好 |
[20:56] | I know it’s not your fault. | 我知道这不是你的错 |
[20:58] | That was Boseman’s vision, | 这是博斯曼的愿景 |
[21:00] | and we were trying to survive the Trump years | 而且我们邀请白人律师加入是为了 |
[21:02] | by bringing in white lawyers. | 尽量在特朗普执政的那几年活下来 |
[21:03] | But those days are gone. | 但那段时间已经过去了 |
[21:07] | They’re done with. | 结束了 |
[21:08] | And I miss being a strong Black firm. | 我怀念以前那家强大的黑人律所 |
[21:11] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[21:12] | Did I miss something about a partners’ meeting? | 是我错过了合伙人会议吗 |
[21:15] | Uh, no, no. This was impromptu. | 不 不 这是即兴讨论 |
[21:18] | Well if I can be of any assistance… | 好 我能帮上什么忙吗 |
[21:20] | Yeah, I’ll-I’ll-I’ll bring you up to speed later. | 我回头把最新情况告诉你 |
[21:27] | – You got to handle this, Liz. – Handle what? | -你得处理这事 莉兹 -处理什么 |
[21:29] | You cannot have a white partner leading a Black firm. | 你不能让白人合伙人领导黑人律所 |
[21:34] | We’ll lose clients | 我们会因为 |
[21:36] | with that kind of hypocrisy. | 这种名不符实而失去客户 |
[21:45] | Is this the beginning of the end? | 已经要结束了吗 |
[21:47] | I don’t want to be in the bathroom | 我不想在厕所里 |
[21:49] | and accidentally miss anything. | 不小心错过了什么 |
[21:51] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[21:52] | The meeting in Liz’s office. | 莉兹办公室里的会议 |
[21:54] | You’re not in it. | 你没参加 |
[21:57] | Forget it. | 当我没说 |
[21:59] | I was joking. | 我开玩笑的 |
[22:11] | Liz Reddick’s office. | 莉兹·雷迪克办公室 |
[22:13] | Hi. Can I get time with Liz later on today? | 喂 我今天晚上能跟莉兹谈谈吗 |
[22:16] | Who’s calling? | 你是哪位 |
[22:18] | It’s Diane. | 我是戴安 |
[24:04] | Here. | 给我 |
[24:07] | Who thought that sound was pleasing? | 谁会觉得这声音好听 |
[24:09] | All day in court today. | 今天在法庭上响了一整天 |
[24:12] | – No. – Yeah. | -不 -真的 |
[24:13] | I finally had to ask Carmen | 我最后只好问卡门 |
[24:15] | how to silence the notifications. | 怎样才能让通知静音 |
[24:18] | All right. There you go. | 好了 给你 |
[24:20] | Permanently silenced. | 永远静音了 |
[24:23] | Can I have a soda water? | 能给我杯苏打水吗 |
[24:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:26] | Do you think that Dawnk actually increases productivity? | 你觉得多恩客真的能提高工作效率吗 |
[24:30] | No. | 不 |
[24:32] | But I know that the associates would riot | 但我知道如果我们卸载它的话 |
[24:34] | if we got rid of it. So… | 律师们会造反 所以… |
[24:37] | What do the partners think? | 合伙人们怎么看 |
[24:38] | God, Madeline can’t even open it. | 天 马德琳根本打不开它 |
[24:40] | She’s… | 她 |
[24:42] | She’s lost her password three times. | 她丢失了三次密码 |
[24:44] | She finally just gave up. | 就干脆放弃了 |
[24:45] | You know, ’cause it’s Madeline. | 你懂的 马德琳就是这样 |
[24:47] | Well… | 不过 |
[24:50] | Thanks for sitting down with me, Liz. | 谢谢你坐下来跟我谈 莉兹 |
[24:53] | Of course. | 没事 |
[24:56] | So, you’re wondering about the meeting today? | 所以你是想知道今天开会的事吗 |
[24:58] | – I am. – Yeah. | -是的 -好 |
[25:01] | Uh, it was about Julius. | 是朱利叶斯的事 |
[25:02] | He’s being harassed on Dawnk. | 他在多恩客上被骚扰了 |
[25:06] | Okay, and I couldn’t be a part of that? | 好 我不能参与讨论吗 |
[25:08] | He’s being harassed because he’s defending your husband. | 他被骚扰是因为他为你丈夫辩护 |
[25:15] | Well, that’s unfortunate. | 那太不幸了 |
[25:18] | We’ve represented people far worse than Kurt, | 我们代理过比库尔特坏得多的人 |
[25:21] | who, by the way, was found innocent. | 顺带一说 最后被判无罪了 |
[25:23] | I’m not saying that he wasn’t. | 我没说他有罪 |
[25:25] | But… | 但是 |
[25:26] | January 6. | 1月6日的事 |
[25:28] | I mean, we watched the Confederate flag | 我们亲眼看着邦联旗 |
[25:31] | make its way into the Capitol building. | 进了国会大厦 |
[25:34] | You know, those people that | 那些库尔特 |
[25:37] | Kurt didn’t want to turn over to the FBI, | 不想交给联调局的人 |
[25:39] | those people… | 那些人 |
[25:41] | They don’t even want us alive. | 他们根本不想让我们活下去 |
[25:44] | Well, not all of them. | 并非全都如此 |
[25:47] | I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that. I… | 对不起 这不是我的本意 我… |
[25:49] | certainly not defending those people. | 绝不是在为这些人辩护 |
[25:52] | They’re all despicable traitors. | 他们都是卑鄙的叛徒 |
[25:54] | And now, that’s what people are saying about Julius. | 现在 他们就是这样说朱利叶斯的 |
[26:00] | And me? | 还有我 |
[26:06] | Diane, I… | 戴安 我… |
[26:07] | – Am I being pushed out? – No. | -他们在排挤我吗 -没有 |
[26:10] | Not pushed out. | 没有排挤你 |
[26:11] | You’re a name partner. You can’t be pushed out. | 你是冠名合伙人 没人能排挤你 |
[26:13] | But…? | 但是呢 |
[26:17] | The partners just think you should do the right thing. | 合伙人们只是觉得你应该做正确的事 |
[26:28] | And step aside? | 退位让贤 |
[26:31] | No. Stay in the firm. | 不 你得留下 |
[26:34] | Stay as an equity partner, | 作为权益合伙人留下 |
[26:36] | just step back from your managerial role. | 只是退出管理岗位 |
[26:48] | Liz, I– I pull in the big clients. | 莉兹 我带来了很多大客户 |
[26:51] | I… | 我 |
[26:53] | I get the billable hours. | 我也有不少计费工时 |
[26:54] | But still, “Maybe you should step aside.” | 但他们还是说”也许你应该退出” |
[26:59] | Weren’t we going to form a firm | 我们不是要创建一所 |
[27:02] | led by women? | 由女性领导的律所吗 |
[27:05] | And I… | 我也 |
[27:07] | hope that it will be. | 希望如此 |
[27:09] | But Black women? | 只有黑人女性吗 |
[27:12] | Diane, I… | 戴安 我 |
[27:14] | I am not voting against you. | 我不会投票让你退出 |
[27:17] | I promised you that I wouldn’t. | 我向你保证过我不会 |
[27:19] | But there is growing anger here. | 但这里的愤怒正愈演愈烈 |
[27:23] | They want to address it at the next partners’ meeting. | 他们想在下次合伙人会议上讨论这个问题 |
[27:26] | So just think about it. | 所以请考虑一下 |
[27:30] | You’re a good person. | 你是个好人 |
[27:41] | No, I’m not. | 不 我不是 |
[27:45] | Yes, you are. | 你是 |
[27:58] | What do you want to do? | 你想怎么办 |
[27:59] | What do I want to do? | 我想怎么办 |
[28:03] | I want to keep my name on the letterhead. | 我想把我的名字保留在信头上 |
[28:06] | I want to keep what I fought for. | 我想保住我的奋斗成果 |
[28:08] | Against gender and then age discrimination. | 这是我在性别和年龄歧视中努力抗争得来的 |
[28:11] | I deserve that position. | 这个职位是我应得的 |
[28:13] | And I don’t want to step aside. | 我不想退出 |
[28:16] | Then don’t. | 那就别退出 |
[28:18] | Diane, this is the first time | 戴安 这是我第一次 |
[28:20] | I’ve ever heard you sound defeated. | 听到你说丧气话 |
[28:26] | Because I can’t win this. | 因为我赢不了 |
[28:27] | – Sure you can. – No, I can’t. | -你肯定能赢 -不 我不能 |
[28:29] | You just don’t want to. | 你只是不想赢 |
[28:30] | It’s bigger than that. | 这不是想不想的问题 |
[28:33] | To fight this would go against every fiber of my being. | 这么做的话会和我所相信的理念背道而驰 |
[28:36] | Every fiber in your being is about winning. | 你的理念是要争胜 |
[28:38] | If you don’t try to win, | 如果你不努力争取 |
[28:39] | then you might as well give up on everything. | 就等于放弃一切 |
[28:41] | Kurt, I appreciate the pep talk, | 库尔特 我很感激你帮我打气 |
[28:43] | but I don’t think the way you think. | 但我跟你的想法不一样 |
[28:46] | I cannot put my interests above a whole group of people– | 我不能把我的利益置于这群人之上 |
[28:50] | Black people– | 这群黑人 |
[28:52] | just so I can keep my position. | 只为了保住我的职位 |
[28:54] | No, I’m saying you are talented. | 不 我是说你很有才华 |
[28:56] | If someone is gonna beat you, let them beat you, | 如果有人能打败你 可以 |
[28:59] | but with talent. | 但要用他们的才华来赢 |
[29:02] | But a Black person’s talent | 但人们总是觉得黑人的才华 |
[29:03] | has always been valued less than mine. | 不如我的才华有价值 |
[29:09] | Then you’re right. | 那你说得对 |
[29:10] | Give up. | 放弃吧 |
[29:12] | Leave the firm. | 离开律所 |
[29:13] | They don’t want you. | 他们不想要你 |
[29:30] | Kurt… | 库尔特 |
[29:36] | You don’t think the election was stolen, do you? | 你觉得选举没有作弊 对吗 |
[29:42] | Kurt? | 库尔特 |
[30:21] | Well? | 好吧 |
[30:21] | 露丝·拜德·金斯伯格法官 | |
[30:24] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[30:26] | About your work? | 你的工作 |
[30:27] | Yeah, shh. He’s sleeping. | 嗯 嘘 他睡着了 |
[30:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:31] | I think you know what I think. | 我觉得你知道我的想法 |
[30:35] | No, I-I don’t think I do. | 不 我觉得我不知道 |
[30:37] | I think you’re brilliant. | 我觉得你很聪明 |
[30:40] | I think any law firm would be insane to let you go. | 我觉得律所疯了才会让你走 |
[30:45] | That’s not you. | 这不是你想说的 |
[30:47] | That’s you telling me what I want to hear. | 你说的都是我想听的话 |
[30:51] | You want to know what I really think? | 你想知道我的真实想法吗 |
[30:54] | I do. Tell me. | 是的 告诉我 |
[30:56] | All my life, I was told to step aside. | 我这辈子 不断地有人要我退位 |
[31:00] | I was in law school. I had a baby. | 我在法学院时 怀孕了 |
[31:03] | And I was told I should step aside, | 有人说我应该离职 |
[31:05] | so that a man could take my position. | 他们好找个男人接替我的职位 |
[31:08] | I was told to step aside | 当吉米·卡特任命我为 |
[31:10] | when Jimmy Carter appointed me to the Court of Appeals. | 上诉法院法官时 有人要我退位 |
[31:14] | And the same with the Supreme Court. | 到了最高法院也是如此 |
[31:18] | Here’s the thing… | 你要记住 |
[31:20] | Don’t step aside because someone wants you to. | 不要因为有人要你走你就走 |
[31:24] | Don’t step aside for politics. | 不要为了政治退位 |
[31:26] | Men are always asking women to step aside | 男人总要求女人退位 |
[31:29] | so a man can go first. | 让男人先行 |
[31:32] | Even though I’m being asked to step aside | 哪怕有人要我退位 |
[31:35] | so that a Black person can take my place? | 好让一个黑人接替我的位置 |
[31:39] | Can you still do something for women? | 你还能为女性事业做贡献吗 |
[31:43] | Yes. | 能 |
[31:45] | Then… then do it. | 那就去做 |
[31:47] | Don’t step aside. | 不要退位 |
[31:49] | Whatever it takes, don’t step aside. | 不管要付出什么代价 不要退位 |
[32:11] | So how’s business? | 最近生意如何 |
[32:13] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[32:15] | Well, no more lawsuits. | 没有官司 |
[32:17] | And you had your best year this year. | 收益再创新高 |
[32:19] | Yeah, who knew? | 是啊 谁能想到呢 |
[32:21] | Pandemic years are great for fracking. | 疫情对水力压裂开采天然气很有帮助 |
[32:24] | And being in this firm helps with Democratic influencers. | 而且我们律所在民主党的影响力对让你受益 |
[32:28] | Yeah, I see that. | 我知道 |
[32:29] | So, Bob, I asked you here today | 鲍勃 今天我要你来 |
[32:31] | because the firm is undergoing a fairly major change. | 是因为我们律所将会进行一些重大调整 |
[32:35] | I’m stepping down as a partner, | 我不再是合伙人 |
[32:38] | so I won’t be meeting with you day-to-day on your cases. | 所以以后你的案子就不是我来进行日常跟进了 |
[32:42] | – What? – Yes. | -什么 -是的 |
[32:43] | I’m sorry. Madeline will be handling your cases. | 抱歉 以后马德琳负责你的案子 |
[32:46] | She’s standing right over there. | 她就站在那 |
[32:50] | Wait. | 等下 |
[32:51] | I don’t get this. Who is she? | 我没明白 她是谁 |
[32:53] | Uh, she’s a partner. | 她是一名合伙人 |
[32:55] | She’s very good. | 很厉害 |
[32:58] | I’ll-I’ll still be handling your cases. | 我还是会处理你的案子 |
[33:00] | I just won’t have daily contact with you. | 只是日常跟进不是我来做 |
[33:03] | But I’m more comfortable with you. | 但我更习惯跟你合作 |
[33:05] | I don’t won’t to start over with someone new. | 我不想换人 |
[33:07] | I can make you more comfortable with Madeline. | 我可以让你习惯马德琳 |
[33:12] | But we’re comfortable with you. | 可我们更习惯跟你合作 |
[33:13] | I can make you comfortable with Julius. | 我可以让你习惯朱利叶斯 |
[33:15] | He’s a very competent lawyer. | 他是位非常有能力的律师 |
[33:18] | – Are you retiring? – No. | -你要退休了 -不是 |
[33:20] | The firm just wants to let some other people step forward | 我们律所希望其他人接替我作为 |
[33:23] | into a name partner position. | 冠名合伙人的位置 |
[33:29] | We don’t like this. | 我们不喜欢这样 |
[33:30] | All right? We’re comfortable with you. | 好吗 我们比较习惯跟你合作 |
[33:32] | So, who should we call about it? | 这事应该跟谁说 |
[33:36] | …analysts using data-driven forecasting tools… | 分析师利用数据驱动的预测工具… |
[33:44] | David Lee. | 我是大卫·李 |
[33:48] | What? | 什么 |
[33:51] | No, who told you that? | 不 谁说的 |
[33:52] | You’re not gonna lose Diane. | 你不会失去戴安的 |
[33:54] | She’s still your primary. | 她还是你的首席律师 |
[33:57] | Okay. Okay. | 好 好 |
[33:59] | Let me get into this. | 这事我来处理 |
[34:01] | No. No, I’ll call you. | 不 不 我打给你 |
[34:07] | Okay, Dean, put it on the board. | 好了 迪恩 写到黑板上去吧 |
[34:10] | One-zero. | 一比零 |
[34:11] | Cut the shit! | 少废话 |
[34:13] | We object! | 反对 |
[34:14] | *Come on… defense!* | *加油 被告* |
[34:20] | Today, I’m no longer Judge Wackner. | 今天 我不是瓦克纳法官 |
[34:23] | I’m Judge Shmuley. | 我是史姆利法官 |
[34:25] | Everybody needs to call me Judge Shmuley. | 所有人都要叫我史姆利法官 |
[34:37] | Okay. I think I’ve seen enough. | 好了 我觉得我看得差不多了 |
[34:41] | Put me on the stand. | 让我上证人席 |
[34:43] | No. That’s… | 不行 那样… |
[34:44] | I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 我觉得这不是个好主意 |
[34:45] | Let her ask me questions. I’ll offer context. | 让她来问问题 我来解释 |
[34:50] | So let’s talk about context, Hal. | 我们来聊聊你这样做的原因 哈尔 |
[34:53] | Actually… | 事实上… |
[34:56] | you know, why don’t we do this? | 要不我们这样 |
[34:57] | Your Honor… | 法官阁下 |
[34:57] | – Yes. – Yes. | -什么 -什么 |
[34:59] | Uh, instead of me asking the questions, | 现在我还是不提问了 |
[35:01] | I’m sure you have questions of your own. | 我相信你有自己的疑问 |
[35:07] | Sir, what possible excuse do you have | 先生 请问你出于什么理由 |
[35:10] | for keeping score at trial? | 在庭审上计分 |
[35:13] | The scoreboard keeps the lawyers on their toes. | 计分板让律师们保持警觉 |
[35:16] | I don’t want anyone to lose simply because | 我不希望任何人只是因为不清楚我的立场 |
[35:18] | they didn’t know where I stood. | 而输掉官司 |
[35:19] | And it seems a good idea that they have a roadmap | 我觉得让他们了解我的心路历程 |
[35:22] | to my thinking. | 是件不错的事 |
[35:23] | – Keeps me honest. – Okay, and… | -让我开诚布公 -好吧 那… |
[35:25] | what the hell is this thing about Scmuley? | 斯科姆利又是怎么回事 |
[35:27] | Oh. You didn’t say it correctly. | 你念错了 |
[35:28] | It’s Shmuley. | 是史姆利 |
[35:30] | Shmuley’s Hebrew. It means, “His Name is God.” | 史姆利是希伯来语 意思是”祂的名字叫上帝” |
[35:32] | It’s also the name of my uncle. | 我叔叔也叫这个名字 |
[35:35] | He died that day, with a smile on his face. | 他是那天去世的 带着微笑离开的 |
[35:39] | And I loved him, and, uh… | 我很爱他 |
[35:42] | – I wanted to honor him. – Okay, nice. | -我想向他致敬 -很好 |
[35:45] | And the moose and the buffalo suits, | 还有那个麋鹿和水牛的服装 |
[35:46] | what’s that about? | 是怎么回事 |
[35:47] | – Do you watch The Masked Singer? – No. | -你看《蒙面歌手》吗 -不看 |
[35:50] | Well, yes. Uh, once. | 看过 看过一次 |
[35:52] | Well, I like to think of myself as unbiased, | 我希望自己能做到公平公正 |
[35:55] | but I’m not. | 但其实没有 |
[35:57] | I judge based on race, gender, class, age. | 我会依据种族 性别 阶级 年龄来做出判断 |
[36:01] | I like to think I don’t, but I do. | 我很希望我不是这样 但我确实是 |
[36:04] | And when the plaintiff and defense are in disguises, | 但当原告被告穿上伪装 |
[36:08] | I can’t. | 我就不能这样了 |
[36:09] | I can’t see who they are. | 我看不到他们的面貌 |
[36:10] | Why not put them behind a screen? | 那为什么不找东西遮住他们 |
[36:12] | Well, it’s good for the litigants. | 这样对诉讼当事人比较好 |
[36:13] | It’s hard to have a sense of entitlement | 当你打扮成一只麋鹿 |
[36:15] | when you’re dressed as a moose. | 就很少会有自以为是的感觉 |
[36:19] | Okay. I’m ready to rule. | 好吧 我准备作出裁决了 |
[36:21] | – Your Honor, wait… – No. No. | -法官阁下 等一下 -不 不 |
[36:22] | Mr. Schultz, uh, you have done an excellent job | 舒尔茨先生 你很好地传达了 |
[36:25] | conveying what it’s like to be a litigant in Mr. Wackner’s court, | 作为一名在瓦克纳先生的法庭上的诉讼人的感受 |
[36:29] | but much of what he does is challenge convention, | 但他的很多行为都是在挑战传统 |
[36:32] | and in doing so, streamlines the process. | 他这样做 简化了流程 |
[36:34] | And for that, I give him credit. | 我很佩服他这一点 |
[36:36] | What is before this court | 但在这个法庭上 |
[36:38] | is whether the parties will be bound by his rulings. | 重点是诉讼双方是否受他的裁决的约束 |
[36:41] | Given that they agreed to be so bound, | 考虑到他们已经协商同意受此约束 |
[36:46] | I don’t think that the plaintiff’s evidence is… | 我认为原告的证据… |
[36:47] | – Your Honor, one quick amendment. – Quick. | -法官阁下 我还有个简短的修正提案 -快点 |
[36:49] | – Your Honor, you, you have already ruled. – I want to hear. | -法官阁下 你已经做出了裁决 -我想听听 |
[36:52] | You determined that Mr. Wackner is sound, | 你认为瓦克纳先生是合理的 |
[36:54] | but that doesn’t mean he’s unbiased. | 这并不代表他是公平公正的 |
[36:57] | He’s already testified that he is a biased mediator. | 他已经证实了自己是一个带有偏见的调解人 |
[36:59] | – Oh, come on. – He said it himself. | -得了吧 -他自己说的 |
[37:03] | “I like to think of myself as unbiased, but I’m not.” | “我希望自己能做到公平公正 但其实没有” |
[37:06] | – That’s a direct quote. – He said he battles | -他的原话 -他是说他用这些装扮 |
[37:07] | his bias with these costumes. | 与他的偏见做抗争 |
[37:09] | Yes, but we have other proof of his bias. | 是的 但我们还有其它证据证明他抱有偏见 |
[37:12] | And I would ask the court for an opportunity to demonstrate. | 我想请求法庭给我们一个机会证明 |
[37:15] | Again, Your Honor, | 还是那句话 法官阁下 |
[37:16] | you have already ruled. | 你已经做出了裁决 |
[37:17] | – Your Honor, wait. – Wait. Wait. Wait. | -法官阁下 等一下 -等等 等等 |
[37:19] | I– I will withhold judgement | 在你呈上更多证据之前 |
[37:21] | until you can present more evidence, Counselor. | 我将不做出判决 律师 |
[37:26] | You’re in a tough spot, Judge. | 你现在很为难 法官 |
[37:27] | – I would have done the exact same thing. – Mr. Wackner… | -换做是我 我也会这么判 -瓦克纳先生 |
[37:29] | I think it would be a good idea for you to shut up. | 我觉得现在你还是闭嘴比较好 |
[37:43] | *Take a snap of the center in a sea breeze* | *在海风中打个盹* |
[37:46] | *A little…* | *一点* |
[37:47] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:48] | Is this the only record of Trina’s dance? | 这是唯一一份特瑞娜跳舞的视频吗 |
[37:51] | As far as I know, yes. | 据我所知是的 |
[37:52] | To your knowledge, she never wrote it down anywhere? | 据你所知 她从没将舞蹈动作写下来 对吧 |
[37:53] | Objection. Relevance. What does it matter | 反对 与本案无关 她有没有记录 |
[37:55] | – whether she wrote it down or not? – Copyright law requires | -和本案有什么关系 -版权法规定 |
[37:57] | that creative expression be fixed | 创造性的作品在申请专利前 |
[38:00] | before it can be licensed. | 必须要确定下来 |
[38:01] | Yes, but fixed doesn’t mean written down. | 没错 但”确定”不代表一定要写下来 |
[38:03] | It just means recorded. | 只是指需要记录下来 |
[38:04] | And she’s obviously done that, | 很明显她已经记录下来了 |
[38:05] | because we’re all here looking at it. | 因为我们现在都看着呢 |
[38:07] | May I continue? | 我可以继续吗 |
[38:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:09] | This is all confusing to me. | 我没有搞懂你想证明什么 |
[38:11] | Let me try to clarify, Your Honor. | 法官阁下 请让我解释一下 |
[38:13] | This tape we just watched, who recorded it? | 我们刚刚看的这段视频 是谁录下来的 |
[38:16] | Did Trina record it? | 是特瑞娜录下来的吗 |
[38:17] | Well, no, but her boyfriend did. | 不是 是她男朋友录的 |
[38:18] | So isn’t it true | 所以记录下 |
[38:19] | the person who fixed the creative expression | 创造性作品的人拥有版权 |
[38:22] | is the owner of the copyright? | 这样说没错吧 |
[38:24] | Objection. Beyond his expertise. | 反对 超出证人专业领域 |
[38:26] | Oh, uh, I’ll, I’ll grant you that. | 这点我倒是赞同 |
[38:28] | And the question doesn’t need to be asked. That’s true. | 而且那个问题无需回答 答案是肯定的 |
[38:30] | So the owner of the copyright is not the dancer. | 所以舞蹈版权的所有者不是这位舞者 |
[38:32] | She didn’t write her choreography down. | 她并没有将她的编舞写下来 |
[38:35] | It’s the person who held the camera | 版权应该归于拿着照相机 |
[38:37] | and recorded the choreography? | 录下舞蹈的这个人 |
[38:38] | Yes, which is why I paid Russell Chuckwagon $40,000 | 没错 所以我才付给了罗素·查克瓦根四万美元 |
[38:42] | to insure this copyright. | 来买下舞蹈的版权 |
[38:44] | Who’s Russell Chuckwagon? | 罗素·查克瓦根是谁 |
[38:45] | Tip-top Trina’s estranged boyfriend. | 一姐特瑞娜久未联系的男友 |
[38:48] | So you just ignored the boyfriend? | 所以你忽视了她的男朋友 |
[38:50] | Of course I ignored the boyfriend. | 我当然要忽视她的男朋友 |
[38:51] | – Mr. Chuckwagon? – Yes. | -查克瓦根先生 -是的 |
[38:53] | The only reason that video has any value | 那份视频具有价值的唯一理由 |
[38:55] | is because of Trina’s dance. | 就是特瑞娜的舞蹈 |
[38:58] | The notion that he deserves any consideration | 只因为她男友那时刚好举着照相机 |
[39:02] | just because he happened to be holding the camera… | 就要把他纳入到庭审中的想法真是 |
[39:04] | It-it makes the law an ass. | 这会让法律狗屁不是 |
[39:05] | As you can see, Mr. Wackner has completely disregarded the law. | 如您所见 瓦克纳先生完全不尊重法律 |
[39:09] | Arbitrators are under no obligation to follow the law | 仲裁人没有必要必须遵从律法 |
[39:12] | unless the contract stipulates to that, | 除非合同上有明确的规定 |
[39:14] | which it doesn’t, in this case. | 但在本案中并无这样的规定 |
[39:16] | More-Moreover, Mr. Schultz’s line of argument | 此外 舒尔茨先生的论证思路 |
[39:20] | relies on laws with disturbing racial implications. | 建立在有种族歧视嫌疑的法律基础之上 |
[39:24] | By requiring that art be recorded before being owned, | 如果规定所有艺术必须明确记录才能著名的话 |
[39:28] | the law systematically disadvantages Black jazz | 那么法律会对很多艺术种类不利 黑人爵士乐 |
[39:31] | and bebop musicians, as well as break dancers | 比波普音乐家 还有霹雳舞舞者 |
[39:35] | and flamenco artists… | 和弗朗明哥舞者 |
[39:36] | There are a whole slew of gifted, | 世上有太多天赋过人的 |
[39:40] | often non-white people | 通常不是白种的人 |
[39:42] | who specialize in improvisational art. | 他们非常擅长即兴创作的艺术 |
[39:45] | Do you… do you really want to suggest | 你 你真的想建议说 |
[39:48] | that whoever’s holding a phone next to them | 不论是谁在他们身边举着个手机拍摄 |
[39:50] | is the one that owns the art that they created? | 那个人就能够拥有他们创造出来的艺术吗 |
[39:58] | Sit down, Mr. Wackner. | 请坐 瓦克纳先生 |
[39:59] | Defense counsel is saying that she agrees with him? | 辩护律师是说她赞同被告的观点吗 |
[40:02] | – That the law is an ass? – I… | -赞同法律狗屁不是 -我 |
[40:05] | In this particular case, yes, I guess I do. | 在本案当中是的 我赞同他的观点 |
[40:07] | We need to stop worshipping | 我们不能再匍匐在 |
[40:08] | at the heels of legal weasels and corporate pirates. | 法律宵小和资本强盗脚边崇敬他们了 |
[40:11] | Do I need to say more, Your Honor? | 还需要我多说吗 法官阁下 |
[40:13] | The defense revels in disregarding | 被告极度享受 |
[40:15] | a central tenet of copyright law. | 无视版权法核心原则的感觉 |
[40:21] | In this case, the court agrees. | 在本案中 本庭同意 |
[40:22] | The law is an ass. | 版权法狗屁不通 |
[40:26] | Don’t make me regret this. | 别逼我反悔 |
[40:27] | Mr. Wackner is well within his rights to ignore | 瓦克纳先生在他的职权范围之内有权无视 |
[40:32] | Mr. Chuckwagon’s massive contribution to the arts. | 查克瓦根先生对舞蹈艺术做出的卓越贡献 |
[40:36] | – Ms. Reddick, I’m ready to rule. – Your Honor, | -雷迪克女士 我已经有裁定了 -法官阁下 |
[40:37] | – we have one more witness. – Oh, my god, | -我们还有一个证人 -天哪 |
[40:40] | it’s like a zombie. | 跟僵尸一样打不死 |
[40:41] | I think you can step down now, Mr. Wackner. | 瓦克纳先生 我觉得你可以下去了 |
[40:44] | We’ve heard enough metaphors from you today. | 今天你说的比喻已经够多了 |
[40:49] | Who is the new witness, | 新证人是谁 |
[40:50] | – Mr. Schultz? – His name is Del Cooper. | -舒尔茨先生 -他叫戴尔·库珀 |
[40:57] | Mr. Cooper, you missed quite a passionate little speech | 库珀先生 你刚刚可错过了辩护律师 |
[41:00] | – by the defendant about corporate pirates. – I did? | -有关资本强盗的激情小演讲 -是吗 |
[41:03] | – Objection. – Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 |
[41:04] | Mr. Schultz, why don’t you just get to the point? | 舒尔茨先生 你干脆开门见山吧 |
[41:06] | Gladly. | 没问题 |
[41:08] | Who is the financial backer for Wackner’s so-called court? | 瓦克纳先生所谓的法庭的出资人是谁 |
[41:13] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[41:13] | Mr. Wackner’s court has become more and more expensive | 瓦克纳先生的法庭在过去一个月的花销 |
[41:15] | over the last month. | 变得越来越大 |
[41:17] | – Who’s footing the bill? – Objection. | -谁在出钱付账 -反对 |
[41:19] | You’re Honor, I-I’m not sure why this is being asked | 法官阁下 他只是一个电视制作人 |
[41:21] | of a mere TV producer. | 我不明白为什么要问他这些 |
[41:23] | I’m asking because this “mere TV producer” | 那是因为这位不仅”只是一个电视制作人” |
[41:25] | has inside information about the court’s financing. | 他还知晓法庭内部财政的信息 |
[41:27] | Why does this really matter at all? | 那这些又和本案有什么关系 |
[41:29] | Because of bias, Your Honor. | 与偏见有关 法官阁下 |
[41:30] | I think the answer to my question | 我觉得只要他回答我的问题 |
[41:31] | will be self-explanatory. | 一切就都不言自喻了 |
[41:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:34] | Go ahead. | 请回答 |
[41:35] | Do you know who is financing this court? | 你是否知道资助法庭的人 |
[41:37] | – I do. – Who? | -我知道 -是谁 |
[41:40] | David Cord. | 大卫·科德 |
[41:41] | David Cord? | 大卫·科德 |
[41:43] | David Cord the billion… | 大卫·科德 那个亿万 |
[41:44] | Yes, the billionaire financier. | 没错 那个亿万身家的金融家 |
[41:47] | That gentleman right there. | 正是坐在那里的那位先生 |
[41:49] | Why do you think he’s here? | 你觉得他为什么来旁听 |
[41:50] | He’s financing a video game company in direct competition. | 因为他给一家竞争对手的电子游戏公司投资了 |
[41:54] | Uh, uh, objection, Your Honor. | 法官阁下 反对 |
[41:55] | The-the counselor is testifying. | 律师自证 |
[41:57] | Oh, no, no. Come on. Come on. Just hold on a minute. | 别吵 安静 稍等一下再说 |
[41:59] | Mr. Schultz, finish your thought. | 舒尔茨先生 说完你的观点 |
[41:59] | Mr. Cord invests in Riga, | 科德先生投资了瑞格游戏公司 |
[42:02] | my client’s biggest gaming rival, | 我客户的最大竞争对手 |
[42:04] | while also investing in Mr. Wackner’s court. | 同时还资助了瓦克纳先生的法庭 |
[42:07] | A short time later, | 不久之后 |
[42:08] | Mr. Wackner rules against my client. | 瓦克纳先生就判我客户输掉了官司 |
[42:14] | Did you not think it was worth mentioning | 你难道不觉得应该先告诉我们一声 |
[42:15] | that you’d invested in competing game manufacturers? | 你给他的竞争对手公司投资了吗 |
[42:18] | I invest in everything. | 我投资的公司非常多 |
[42:19] | I’ve got 10% of this, 20% of that. | 这家投10% 那家投20% |
[42:22] | Actually, I had no idea I was invested | 事实上 我自己都不记得 |
[42:24] | in a video game company. | 曾给电子游戏公司投资过 |
[42:26] | Then I propose we seize the moment. | 我建议我们把握住这次机会 |
[42:28] | – What does that mean? – We march back in there, | -什么意思 -我们霸气地走回去 |
[42:29] | – and I bowl them over with the truth. – Oh, my God. | -然后我用事实折服他们 -我的天 |
[42:31] | History’s been made by great rhetorical flourishes. | 历史就是由大量精彩的华丽辞藻堆砌而成的 |
[42:33] | Well, not really. | 并没有 |
[42:34] | “We shall fight them on the beaches. | “我们应该在沙滩上迎战他们 |
[42:36] | We few, we happy few…” | 我们人数虽少却很快乐” |
[42:38] | Mr. Cord, their next move is going to be | 科德先生 他们下一步就会 |
[42:40] | to subpoena your financial records. | 传召你的财政记录了 |
[42:42] | They’re gonna want to put you on the stand. | 他们打算把你拉上证人席 |
[42:44] | I don’t think you want to go down that road. | 我觉得你可不会希望事情如此发展 |
[42:46] | – You’re right. – All right. | -没错 -好吧 |
[42:47] | Now, let’s… let’s ask for a continuance. | 那我们 我们申请延期审理 |
[42:49] | All right? We’ll be unopposed from the other side. | 好吗 从财政入手我们没法打败他们 |
[42:51] | They– they’re in no hurry to force this issue. | 他们 他们也不急着审结此案 |
[42:53] | A continuance till when? | 延期审理到什么时候 |
[42:54] | Well, the judge has a busy calendar. | 法官的档期很满 |
[42:56] | So, I don’t know, about ten months. | 我也不清楚 大概十个月吧 |
[42:57] | Holy fucking hell. That’s the problem. | 去他大爷的 这下麻烦了 |
[43:00] | No one’s in a hurry. We delay and delay and delay. | 没人着急 我们推迟推迟再推迟 |
[43:02] | One day, we look back on our lives, | 等到有一天我们回顾自己的一生 |
[43:04] | wonder where the fuck they went. | 会突然好奇日子都过没了 |
[43:05] | – People die while we wait. – Hal. | -我们等着的时候有人会死的 -哈尔 |
[43:07] | This allows you to keep your court open. | 这样才能让你的法庭继续开下去 |
[43:09] | It gives you the whole year to work out the kinks | 让你有一整年的时间去理清思路 |
[43:11] | and get it on TV. | 还能上电视 |
[43:12] | What does it matter | 如果大家都不必 |
[43:13] | if people do not have to follow my judgements? | 听从我的裁决那还有什么意义 |
[43:17] | I say six million | 我说罚六百万 |
[43:18] | and they just go whining to Big Boy court. | 然后他们就跑去大法庭哭诉 |
[43:20] | It’s appeal, appeal, appeal. It never fucking ends. | 一直在上诉 从来不停止 |
[43:24] | 大卫·李 来见我 马上 | |
[43:26] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[43:27] | STR劳利 大卫·李 | |
[43:33] | Do you know what this is about? | 你知道这是要干嘛吗 |
[43:34] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[43:47] | What the fuck is going on? | 妈的到底发生了什么 |
[43:51] | Could you be a bit more specific? | 能问得详细一点吗 |
[43:54] | My bosses in Dubai, | 我老板在迪拜 |
[43:55] | they don’t think in terms of millions or even billions. | 没有上百万甚至数十亿 他们眉头都不会皱一下 |
[43:58] | They think in terms of trillions of dollars. | 他们的数字概念是以万亿计的 |
[44:01] | They look at their computer’s algorithms and only react | 他们看着电脑算法 只会在警示标红的情况下 |
[44:04] | when it blinks red. | 才会有动作 |
[44:05] | And you two, you’re blinking red. | 你们俩 是行走的大红灯 |
[44:07] | – Why? – Four of your top clients have called with issues. | -为什么 -你们最大的四个客户打电话说有问题了 |
[44:12] | What issues? | 有什么问题 |
[44:13] | The Teamsters, they’re being shifted to another partner. | 卡车司机工会说他们要被转给另一个合伙人负责 |
[44:16] | Bob the fracking king, he’s being shifted, too. | 水力压裂大王鲍勃 他也要被转手了 |
[44:20] | Who told them about a reorganization? | 谁告诉他们我们在重组的 |
[44:25] | Diane. | 戴安 |
[44:26] | – Thoughts? – Nothing from me. | -你怎么说 -不关我的事 |
[44:28] | I met with my clients. | 我和客户见了面 |
[44:29] | I just told them of a restructuring | 有人和我说会有重组 |
[44:31] | that I was being told about. | 我就跟他们说了一下 |
[44:34] | What restructuring? | 什么重组 |
[44:35] | Wait. Wait, David. Stop. | 慢着 大卫 |
[44:39] | Is this a power play on your part? | 你是在玩权力游戏吗 |
[44:41] | No. It’s just updating my clients. | 不是 我给客户说最新情况而已 |
[44:46] | David, Diane was told about frustration | 大卫 我和戴安说合伙人们 |
[44:49] | at the partner level about a white woman | 对于一个白人女性在黑人律所里 |
[44:52] | being a name partner in a Black firm. | 当冠名合伙人而有不满 |
[44:54] | And apparently, this is her response. | 显然这就是她的回应 |
[44:56] | I just told our clients what was going on. | 我只是和客户说明情况罢了 |
[44:58] | Stop. | 闭嘴 |
[44:59] | Both of you. | 你们俩 |
[45:01] | Diane’s a fucking name partner | 只有STR劳利能决定 |
[45:03] | until STR Laurie says she’s not. | 戴安是不是冠名合伙人 |
[45:08] | No one decides until I decide. | 没有人能绕过我做决定 |
[45:11] | Now, stick your race war back in its bottle. | 把你们的种族斗争都收起来 |
[45:22] | Diane. | 戴安 |
[45:24] | That was a mistake. | 你这步走错了 |
[45:26] | I am on your side, and you don’t even realize it. | 你没有意识到我是站在你这边的 |
[45:48] | You see what they’re writing about me? | 你看到他们说我什么了吗 |
[45:49] | Yes. | 看到了 |
[45:52] | I want to start my own firm. | 我想自己开律所 |
[45:53] | And I want you to be the other name partner. | 我想让你做另一个冠名合伙人 |
[46:15] | Who is it? | 谁 |
[46:18] | Who is it? | 谁 |
[46:22] | Who the hell are you? | 你们到底是谁 |
[46:23] | Don’t worry who we are. | 别担心我们的身份 |
[46:24] | – Worry who you are. – What does that mean? | -管好你自己的事 -什么意思 |
[46:27] | I have people… No! | 我认识人… 不要 |
[46:33] | Your Honor, I would like to offer my profound apology | 法官阁下 我想为自己的行为而向本法庭 |
[46:35] | for my behavior in this court. | 表示最诚挚的歉意 |
[46:37] | Baring my buttocks was an unforgivable act of disrespect, | 当庭秀屁股是不可原谅的不尊重行为 |
[46:41] | one that I will regret to the end of my days. | 我非常后悔 |
[46:43] | I-I have here a letter of, uh, apology | 我写了一封道歉信 |
[46:47] | and a check made out for a lot | 已经准备了一张支票 |
[46:50] | to Tip-top Trina for the amount that she is owed, | 用于补偿一姐特瑞娜所应得的金额 |
[46:53] | according to your wise decision. | 完全遵守您明智的裁决 |
[46:55] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[46:57] | I am touched. Truly. | 我很感动 |
[47:00] | May I ask, what happened to your leg? | 我能问一下你的腿怎么了吗 |
[47:03] | Tennis accident. | 打网球弄伤的 |
[47:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[47:12] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[47:18] | Look who’s here. | 看谁来了 |
[47:26] | Look each other in the eye and say, | 看着对方的双眼说 |
[47:29] | “I respect and love you.” | “我尊重你 我爱你” |
[47:33] | I respect and love you. | 我尊重你 我爱你 |
[47:37] | I… Oh, for fuck’s sake. | 我… 老天爷 |
[47:38] | I respect and love you. | 我尊重你 我爱你 |
[47:41] | Good. | 很好 |
[47:43] | Justice. | 公义 |
[48:02] | It’s different for me than it was for you. | 我们俩所面对的情况不一样 |
[48:07] | What do you mean? | 此话怎讲 |
[48:08] | When you fought, you fought against white males, | 你当时是在和白人男权做斗争 |
[48:12] | the dominant culture. | 主流文化 |
[48:13] | But for me, I would be up against… | 但我现在是要和… |
[48:16] | another dominated culture. | 被压迫的文化做斗争 |
[48:19] | Black lawyers. | 黑人律师 |
[48:22] | So what do I do? | 我该怎么做 |
[48:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[48:29] | If you knew that Obama | 如果你知道奥巴马 |
[48:31] | was going to nominate a Black justice to replace you, | 会提名一个黑人法官来代替你 |
[48:36] | would you have stepped aside? | 你会选择退位吗 |
[48:38] | No. | 不会 |
[48:40] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[48:42] | Well, I know what I can do, | 我对自己的行为有自知 |
[48:45] | but I-I don’t know what my replacement would do | 但我不知道顶替我的人 |
[48:48] | if he got nominated. I… | 会怎么做 我… |
[48:50] | What you know is always better than what might happen. | 已知的总比未知的好 |
[48:59] | What about Kurt? | 库尔特呢 |
[49:02] | What-what about him? | 他怎么了 |
[49:03] | We don’t agree about anything. | 我们对事情的看法不一致 |
[49:07] | Well, I didn’t agree on anything with Scalia, | 我和斯卡利亚意见不合的时候也多了 |
[49:07] | 安东宁·斯卡利亚法官 最高法院大法官中的保守派 | |
[49:10] | but I-I liked him. | 但我喜欢他 |
[49:11] | Yeah. Why did you like him? | 对啊 为什么呢 |
[49:13] | The opera? | 因为歌剧吗 |
[49:14] | No. | 不 |
[49:15] | What, then? | 所以是为什么 |
[49:19] | He made me laugh. | 他能逗我笑 |
[49:23] | That’s it? | 就这样吗 |
[49:25] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[49:27] | You certainly didn’t agree about abortion. | 你们在堕胎问题上持不同意见 |
[49:29] | We-we violently disagreed on abortion, | 我们对堕胎的想法确实两极分化 |
[49:33] | and school prayer. | 对在学校祷告这件事也是 |
[49:34] | He was a nightmare on everything. | 他的理念真是个噩梦 |
[49:36] | He was a nightmare on diversity. | 他对多元化的事都很反对 |
[49:39] | But…? | 不过… |
[49:39] | Well, it’s… He was funny. | 但他很风趣 |
[49:43] | He made me laugh and… | 他能让我开怀大笑 |
[49:45] | so, we… | 所以我们… |
[49:46] | We had dinner together. | 会共进晚餐 |
[49:48] | And you just wouldn’t talk about the political stuff? | 你们私下从来不谈政治吗 |
[49:51] | Well, he teased me | 他会用政治开玩笑 |
[49:53] | and I teased him. | 我也会反过来逗他 |
[49:56] | You know, life is too short to fight over everything. | 生命短暂 不必时时争吵 |
[50:00] | And, you’re, you’re, you’re right about opera. | 歌剧的事你也说对了 |
[50:04] | Opera is good. | 歌剧很好 |
[50:05] | Food is good. | 食物也很棒 |
[50:08] | And his pasta… | 他做的意面… |
[50:10] | was amazing. | 美味 |
[50:12] | His spaghetti carbonara. | 他做的卡邦拿意粉 |
[50:15] | Oh, my lord. | 要命了 |
[50:17] | You can’t hate a man like that. | 怎么能讨厌他呢 |
[50:25] | My husband is going to work for the NRA. | 我老公要去帮步枪协会干活 |
[50:29] | You ever read Scalia’s 2000 dissent | 你读过2000年斯坦伯格诉卡哈特案 |
[50:29] | 内布拉斯加州的法规将”部分堕胎”定为犯罪 本案之后该州的禁止部分堕胎法律被废除 | |
[50:33] | on Stenberg v. Carhart? | 斯卡利亚的不同意见吗 |
[50:37] | Working for the NRA | 帮步枪协会干活 |
[50:39] | is child’s play. | 只是小事 |
[50:42] | You know, you like who you like. | 喜欢谁不由得你控制 |
[50:45] | I don’t like bland people. | 我不喜欢平庸的人 |
[50:47] | And a lot of the people | 在政治上 |
[50:48] | who agree with me politically are bland. | 同意我观点的人 很多都很平庸 |
[51:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[51:30] | Did you have a nightmare? | 你做噩梦了吗 |
[51:33] | No, a dream. | 没有 只是普通的梦 |
[51:36] | About? | 关于什么的 |
[51:38] | You and me. | 你和我 |
[51:40] | What was it? | 是什么梦 |
[51:43] | Me… | 我… |
[51:45] | close to you, | 靠近你 |
[51:46] | holding you like this. | 像这样抱着你 |
[51:54] | Do you want me to not take the NRA job? | 你不想我接受步枪协会的工作 对吗 |
[52:01] | No. I want you to take it and be happy. | 刚好相反 我想你接了它 开开心心的 |
[52:06] | And then I’ll sue you. | 然后我会把你告上法庭 |