时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:18] | 罪 夜 之 谜 第8集 本剧终 | |
[01:31] | So the writer tells me the main character of the show is a cop | 这作者想说的是 这剧中主角 |
[01:35] | who gets his legs blown off in Afghanistan, comes back, | 一个在阿富汗被炸断腿的警察 |
[01:38] | gets fitted for those carbon-compound kangaroo feet… | 回国后 适应了复合碳制的假肢… |
[01:40] | Like that Olympics guy who shot his girlfriend in the can… | 像那个枪杀了女友的奥运运动员一样[残奥会刀锋战士] |
[01:43] | And gets back on the job. | 安然回归本行 |
[01:45] | So, like what? Goes bouncing around after the bad guys? | 然后怎样 继续在坏人屁股后干瞪眼吗 |
[01:48] | Apparently that’s the whole point. | 显然就这意思 |
[01:50] | RoboDouche. | 废物一个 |
[01:51] | I told him, “Hey, you want to do something original? | 我跟他说 “你想写点不一样的吗 |
[01:53] | How about a series with a cop who doesn’t give a shit?” | 不如弄个系列 写个百无所谓的警察” |
[01:57] | Punches out, comes home, | 每天下班打卡 回家 |
[01:59] | has dinner with his family, bangs the wife, | 跟家人吃个晚饭 和老婆干一炮 |
[02:00] | and sleeps like a log. | 然后蒙头大睡 |
[02:02] | You write a show like that, | 你这么写的话 |
[02:04] | and the job will throw you a parade. | 肯定会火得不行 |
[02:06] | Am I right, Dennis? | 是不是啊 丹尼斯 |
[02:52] | What the fuck you still doing here? | 你还戳在这儿干嘛 |
[02:55] | What, do we gotta have another party for you? | 难不成还要再给你搞个欢送吗 |
[02:57] | Picking up some last things. | 还剩点东西要收尾 |
[03:07] | Go home. Hit the links. | 回家去 打打高尔夫 |
[03:10] | Get the hell out of here. | 快滚吧 |
[04:08] | This is nice. | 这里很不错 |
[04:10] | Yeah, it’s okay. | 嗯 还可以 |
[04:11] | The night of October 24th, | 10月24日晚 |
[04:14] | did you encounter the defendant and Andrea on West 87th Street? | 你是否在西87街遇到被告和安德莉亚 |
[04:20] | I don’t think I want to answer that question. | 我不想回答这个问题 |
[04:22] | You kind of have to, Mr. Williams. | 威廉姆斯先生 你必须回答 |
[04:24] | 第五修正案: 美国权利法案的一部分 主要目的是以法定程序防止政府权力的滥用 | |
[04:24] | Not true, not true. It’s called the Fifth Amendment. | 不对 按照第五修正案 不用回答 |
[04:26] | You’re concerned about self-incrimination? | 你担心自证其罪吗[因自己供述牵连犯罪] |
[04:29] | What for? I ain’t do nothing. | 什么 我啥都没干 |
[04:31] | Then do us all a favor and answer the question. | 那就回答问题吧 |
[04:34] | I don’t think you right on that. | 我觉得你这不对 |
[04:36] | But… I mean, no disrespect… | 但… 我无意不敬… |
[04:38] | But, yes. | 但确实 |
[04:40] | Tell her. | 回答她 |
[04:41] | Yeah, I saw them. | 是 我见到他们 |
[04:43] | Were you alone? | 你当时一个人吗 |
[04:46] | No. | 不是 |
[04:47] | Why did you tell the detective you were? | 那你之前为什么对警探说只有你自己呢 |
[04:51] | I misremembered. | 我记错了 |
[04:53] | You misremembered, that’s why? | 你记错了吗 为什么 |
[04:55] | Not because you were afraid of this person you were with? | 不是因为害怕跟你同行的人? |
[04:59] | Is the Fifth okay here? | 第五修正案适用吗 |
[05:00] | No. That train’s left the station, Mr. Williams. | 不适用 威廉姆斯先生 没后悔药给你吃 |
[05:06] | No. I’m not afraid of him. | 不 我不怕他 |
[05:08] | Him? | 他 |
[05:09] | Duane, dude’s name is. | 杜安 这是他名字 |
[05:11] | Duane Reade. | 杜安·瑞蒂 |
[05:13] | Yeah. And is that a curse or what? | 对 是中了邪还是怎么的 |
[05:14] | Bacon come to snatch your ass up, | 什么人都过来跟你磨叽 |
[05:16] | talking ’bout “What’s your name, nigga?” | 说”兄弟 你叫啥名字” |
[05:18] | You like, “Duane Reade.” | 你说叫”杜安·瑞蒂” |
[05:19] | And they like, “Oh, you trying to be funny, motherfucker?” | 他们就说 “操你妈的 你搞笑呢” |
[05:21] | Blam, blam, blam! “Once again, what’s your fucking name?” | 叽里呱啦 “再说一遍 你他妈叫什么” |
[05:28] | Right? | 行了吗 |
[05:31] | Thank you, Mr. Williams. | 谢谢你 威廉姆斯先生 |
[05:33] | You got it. | 你满意了 |
[05:34] | Mrs. Weiss? | 威斯夫人 |
[05:35] | No questions, Your Honor. | 我没问题要问 法官大人 |
[05:39] | Mr. Duane Reade. Where do you presently reside? | 杜安·瑞蒂先生 你目前居住地是哪儿 |
[05:45] | The Cave. | 山洞[Cavendish简写Cave, 双关] |
[05:46] | Do you mean Cavendish State Penitentiary? | 你是说卡文迪什州立监狱吗 |
[05:48] | That’s what I said. | 是这意思 |
[05:50] | How is it you find yourself there? | 你怎么进去的 |
[05:52] | They say a burglary. I say trespassing. | 他们说我入室盗窃 其实是擅闯民宅 |
[05:55] | I didn’t leave with nothing. | 我什么都没拿 |
[05:57] | Isn’t that because the police apprehended you | 难道不是因为在你挟富士电视机 |
[05:59] | before you could get out the door | 企图夺门而逃之前 |
[06:00] | with the Fujitsu TV you were carrying? | 被警察逮捕了吗 |
[06:02] | That’s what they say. | 一家之辞罢了 |
[06:03] | Was this your first arrest for burglary? | 那是你初次因入室盗窃被捕吗 |
[06:06] | I don’t think so. | 不是 |
[06:07] | I don’t either. | 我也觉得 |
[06:09] | Because it was your 14th. | 因为这是第十四次了 |
[06:11] | And you assaulted seven of these 14 homeowners with a knife. | 十四次入室盗窃 有七次用了刀 |
[06:15] | One Mr. Cuatro… Do you remember him? | 有个叫夸特罗先生的… 你还记的吗 |
[06:18] | That was self-defense. | 那次是自卫 |
[06:20] | Dude come running up on me. I had to fight for my life. | 那家伙冲我扑过来 我得反抗吧 |
[06:23] | Mr. Cuatro was 78 years old and on an oxygen tank. | 夸特罗先生当时已78岁高龄 还带着氧气罐 |
[06:27] | Did you bring the knife with you? | 刀是你带去的吗 |
[06:29] | No. Got it from his kitchen. | 不是 从他厨房拿的 |
[06:31] | A five-inch steak knife, according to the police report. | 警方报告上说 是把五英寸的牛排刀 |
[06:34] | And you were arrested in the same manner on September 20th, 2012, | 2012年9月20日 你因持有另一把牛排刀 |
[06:38] | in possession of another steak knife. | 被警方以同样罪名逮捕 |
[06:40] | Did you bring that one with you? | 那把刀是你带的吗 |
[06:41] | Again, that was trespassing. | 再说一次 是擅闯民宅 |
[06:44] | It was aggravated sexual assault. | 那次还涉嫌性侵犯 |
[06:46] | But my question is where the knife came from. | 我要问的是 刀是哪儿来的 |
[06:48] | The lady’s sink, I think. | 那女士家的水槽里 |
[06:51] | Like with Mr. Cuatro and the others here, | 像夸特罗先生那次 和其他案件一样 |
[06:55] | you used a knife that was there. | 你用的是现成的刀 |
[06:56] | That’s your MO? | 是你的惯常手法吗 |
[06:59] | A shrug won’t do, Mr. Reade. We need to hear an answer. | 耸肩没用 瑞蒂先生 我们需要答案 |
[07:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:05] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[07:07] | Trevor Williams, you know him? | 你认识特雷沃·威廉姆斯吗 |
[07:11] | Yeah, I know him. | 我认识 |
[07:13] | He testified you didn’t say anything | 他作证说 你当时什么都没说 |
[07:15] | when you encountered the defendant and Ms. Cornish | 当你们在安德莉亚小姐家外 |
[07:17] | outside her residence with him. | 遇到被告人和安德莉亚小姐时 |
[07:20] | He said you just stood there… | 他说你只是站在那儿… |
[07:21] | I’m going to Sharanda’s, man. | 我要去史兰达家 哥们 |
[07:23] | …silent, watching them go inside. | …没说话 看着他们进屋去 |
[07:27] | I know they got some weed over there, too. | 他们那儿有大麻呢 |
[07:29] | What were you thinking about, I wonder? | 我很好奇 你那时在想什么 |
[07:44] | Any questions, Mrs. Weiss? | 有问题吗 威斯夫人 |
[07:46] | No questions, Your Honor. | 法官大人 没有问题 |
[07:55] | Why isn’t she questioning these guys? | 为什么她都不提问呢 |
[07:58] | To say to the jury she’s not concerned about them. | 她在暗示陪审团 她并不在意证人们的证词 |
[08:01] | But she is. | 但她很在意 |
[08:05] | You’re leaving me alone with the undertaker? | 你要我单独面对殡葬员吗 |
[08:08] | You’ll be fine. | 你没问题的 |
[08:24] | Psst! | 取下来 |
[08:39] | What’s going on here, Mr. Day? | 戴先生 这里发生什么了 |
[08:41] | She threw a lit cigarette next to the gas pump I was standing at. | 她在我身旁的油泵边点了根烟 |
[08:45] | I put it out. | 我把它掐了 |
[08:47] | Is that how people usually put out cigarettes, | 人一般会拿别人的车窗 |
[08:49] | on someone’s car window? | 去掐烟吗 |
[08:50] | I know guys put it out in their mouth. | 还有人直接掐别人叼着的烟 |
[08:55] | Just before you put it out, you knocked on the window, | 在你掐烟前 你敲了敲窗户 |
[08:57] | like people do to say “Roll it down.” | 像是说”把窗户放下来” |
[08:59] | And we saw that she didn’t roll it down. | 我们看到 她没有降下窗 |
[09:01] | Do you think she might have been afraid of you? | 你觉得她会不会是怕你 |
[09:03] | Oh, no one’s afraid of me. | 不会 没人怕我 |
[09:05] | I am. After what you said to me at the mortuary, remember? | 我怕 因为你在殡仪馆跟我说了那些话 记得吗 |
[09:09] | Am I right, that’s inadmissible? | 没记错的话 这是不允许的吧 |
[09:11] | That’s “Heresy,” Right? | 这是”邪说” 对吗 |
[09:13] | Something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[09:15] | Disregard Ms. Kapoor’s last statement. | 卡珀女士最后一条陈述无效 |
[09:18] | This is an order of protection | 这是一则保护令 |
[09:19] | issued against you by your wife, Michelle. | 保护你老婆米歇尔的 |
[09:21] | Yeah, that’s before we got back together. | 是 但我们后来和好了 |
[09:24] | Oh, that’s good. | 这很好 |
[09:25] | I’m happy for you both, you managed to resolve that somehow. | 真替你们高兴 你们解决了这个问题 |
[09:28] | What about this 911 call she made | 那她说你用刀威胁她 |
[09:30] | saying you were threatening her with a knife? | 她打了911报警的那次呢 |
[09:32] | The police come out, | 警察到的时候 |
[09:34] | by then she’d calmed down, that was that. | 她已经冷静下来了 就这样 |
[09:36] | This is one forgiving woman. | 她真是个宽容的女人 |
[09:38] | I never did nothing to her. | 我从没伤害过她 |
[09:40] | To who? | 伤害谁 |
[09:42] | Who we talking about, my wife. | 我们现在谈的 我老婆 |
[09:47] | So, you’re done filling your hearse at this point, | 这时 你已经给灵车加满油了 |
[09:50] | but you’re not leaving. | 可你并未离开 |
[09:51] | You’re just… I don’t know what you’re doing. | 而是… 我不知道你在干什么 |
[09:53] | Just waiting? | 干等着吗 |
[09:55] | Resting. | 休息 |
[10:02] | Now you’re finally leaving just as they do. | 他们离开之后 你也紧跟着离开了 |
[10:05] | Are you following them, Mr. Day? | 你在跟踪他们吗 戴先生 |
[10:07] | No. | 没有 |
[10:09] | Where are you going, then? | 那你当时去哪儿了 |
[10:10] | My whereabouts are my business. | 我去哪儿用得着你管 |
[10:12] | Be a sport and answer the lady. | 尊重一点 回答女士问话 |
[10:17] | Home. | 家 |
[10:18] | To Michelle? | 米歇尔家吗 |
[10:20] | To my other residence. | 我另外的住处 |
[10:21] | An SRO hotel for men on 135th Street. | 135街的一家男子单身旅馆 |
[10:25] | Is there something wrong with that? | 有问题吗 |
[10:26] | No. It’s just, if you’d gone home to Michelle | 如果 你确实去了米歇尔家 |
[10:28] | or a hotel with working security cameras, | 或任何有监控摄像的酒店 |
[10:30] | unlike this rooming house, | 而不是这个公寓 |
[10:32] | we’d be able to verify where you went that night. | 我们就能确认你那晚的行踪 |
[10:35] | But we can’t. | 可是不能 |
[10:47] | – She doesn’t listen to me, you know? – I know. | -她根本不听我的 你知道吗 -知道 |
[10:52] | You look amazing, amazing. | 你看起来很好 棒极了 |
[11:07] | One. We’re calling you as a witness. | 第一 法庭传你出庭做证 |
[11:10] | So while you’re up there, you can explain | 你出席时可以讲清楚 |
[11:12] | how you didn’t kill your stepdaughter. | 你怎么没杀你继女的 |
[11:14] | Two. I don’t work out enough, | 第二 我还没出招呢 |
[11:17] | so the next time you threaten my family, | 你要是再敢威胁我家人 |
[11:19] | it’ll be one of my clients who pays you a visit. | 我的某个客户可能会拜访你 |
[11:22] | He’s from New Jersey. | 他是新泽西来的 |
[11:49] | Arms out. | 抬手 |
[11:53] | All right, go on. | 好了 走吧 |
[11:57] | Arms out. | 抬手 |
[12:11] | Please raise your right hand. | 请举起右手 |
[12:14] | Do you swear or affirm to tell the truth, the whole truth, | 你愿意宣誓所述一切属实 |
[12:17] | and nothing but the truth? | 绝无虚言吗 |
[12:19] | Yeah. | 是 |
[12:22] | My condolences, Mr. Taylor, and my apologies, | 泰勒先生 请节哀并接受我的歉意 |
[12:25] | but there are certain things only you can clarify for us. | 但有些事 只有通过你才能弄清 |
[12:29] | How would you describe your relationship with your stepdaughter? | 你跟你的继女关系如何 |
[12:33] | Not great, to be honest. | 说实话 并不好 |
[12:36] | Honesty is why we’re here. | 我们就是为听实话而来 |
[12:38] | How come it wasn’t great, if you know? | 为什么会不好呢 |
[12:41] | The drugs mainly. | 主要是毒品问题 |
[12:44] | Her drug use made our relationship difficult. | 她吸毒的事让我们关系恶化 |
[12:47] | Hers with her mother. | 影响到她跟她母亲之间 |
[12:49] | Frankly, mine with her mother. | 甚至我跟她母亲之间 |
[12:51] | An addict’s net casts wide. | 一个瘾君子的交际很广 |
[12:55] | Her mother, your wife, Evelyn, | 她母亲 你的妻子 伊芙琳 |
[12:57] | died last year, I was sorry to learn. | 于去年去世 我深表遗憾 |
[12:59] | How long were you married? | 你们的婚姻持续了多久 |
[13:01] | Two years. | 两年 |
[13:02] | And how did Andrea feel about it? | 安德莉亚对此持何态度 |
[13:06] | Like a lot of kids feel about second marriages. | 跟大多数重组家庭的小孩差不多 |
[13:09] | Seeing her mother happy… I assume she was happy… | 看到她母亲幸福… 我假设她也幸福… |
[13:12] | Didn’t make her daughter happy? | 这让她女儿不幸福吗 |
[13:14] | No. | 是的 |
[13:15] | Was the age difference an issue? | 问题出在你们的年龄差上吗 |
[13:17] | What is it, about 20 years? | 多少 有没有差20年 |
[13:19] | It didn’t help. Andrea, I mean. | 有些问题 对安德莉亚 |
[13:23] | It didn’t matter at all to Evelyn, or me. | 对我 对伊芙琳 都不成问题 |
[13:26] | Was there anything else about the marriage Andrea didn’t like | 不管婚前婚后 还是结婚期间 这段婚姻还有什么 |
[13:28] | before, during, or after it? | 让安德莉亚反感的因素吗 |
[13:31] | Yeah. | 有 |
[13:32] | Evelyn’s will. | 伊芙琳的遗嘱 |
[13:36] | It entitled you to something when Evelyn died | 至伊芙琳去世时 你们的婚期只有两年 |
[13:38] | even though you’d been married just two years. | 而你仍然继承了部分遗产 |
[13:42] | Yeah. | 是 |
[13:43] | And Andrea was unhappy with that? | 这让安德莉亚很不满吗 |
[13:46] | “Outraged” is the word. | 用”痛恨”来形容更合适 |
[13:47] | Outraged you were to get half her mother’s estate, | 痛恨你继承了她母亲的半数房产 |
[13:50] | which included the home on 87th Street, | 包括87街的大房子 |
[13:52] | which has a current market value of about 10 million dollars. | 这房子现在市值近千万美元 |
[13:57] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[13:58] | So outraged she filed an appeal in a probate court | 她痛恨到甚至向遗嘱认证法院上诉 |
[14:00] | in hopes it would agree with her you deserved nothing. | 希望能剥夺你所有继承权 |
[14:06] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[14:07] | Did that outrage you? | 这有激怒你吗 |
[14:10] | No. I understood why she felt like that. | 没有 她这么做我能理解 |
[14:13] | You understood it but filed a countersuit against her. | 你能理解 但还是反诉了她 |
[14:16] | Did that help diffuse her outrage? | 这有让她减轻痛恨吗 |
[14:20] | No. It didn’t. | 没有 |
[14:23] | How did two people like this live under one roof? | 这样两个人如何在同一屋檐下生活呢 |
[14:25] | They don’t. | 无法共存 |
[14:27] | She asked me to leave and I did. | 她让我搬走 我也照做了 |
[14:28] | You moved out of her mother’s 10 million-dollar house, to…? | 你搬出了她母亲价值千万的房子 去哪儿了… |
[14:33] | A fifth-floor walk-up in Queens. | 皇后区一个五层高的无电梯公寓 |
[14:36] | But you know what? | 可你知道吗 |
[14:37] | Compared to being yelled at by a 22-year-old drug addict | 比起被一个22岁的瘾君子呼来喝去 |
[14:40] | day in and day out, it’s paradise. | 没完没了 那儿简直是天堂 |
[14:44] | Well, now all that drama is over, | 不过现在一切都结束了 |
[14:46] | you can move back or sell it. | 你可以搬回去或卖了它 |
[14:49] | That’s my intention. | 正有此意 |
[14:52] | What do you do for a living, Mr. Taylor? | 泰勒先生 你做什么工作 |
[14:54] | Personal trainer, at Atlantis Fitness. | “亚特兰蒂斯”健身会所的私人健身教练 |
[14:57] | Is that where you met Evelyn? | 你是在那儿结识伊芙琳的吗 |
[14:59] | No. I met her at prior health club I was working at, Equinox. | 不是 在我之前的健身俱乐部 叫”春分” |
[15:02] | Why’d you leave Equinox for Atlantis? | 你为什么要离开”春分”去”亚特兰蒂斯” |
[15:04] | – Better pay? – No. | -待遇更好吗 -不是 |
[15:06] | Was it because of the members at Equinox, women members, | 是因为”春分”俱乐部的部分会员 女性会员 |
[15:08] | complained to the management about unwanted attention from you? | 向客服投诉她们受到你的过分关心 |
[15:12] | It wasn’t true. | 不是这样 |
[15:14] | But, yeah, a couple members said that. | 不过 确实有几个人这么说 |
[15:16] | What do you make now at Atlantis? | 你现在”亚特兰蒂斯”能挣多少 |
[15:21] | Look, it’s obvious what you’re saying, | 你的意思 已经很明白了 |
[15:23] | so why don’t I just save you all the cat and mouse, | 省省这些兜圈子的功夫 |
[15:26] | and these people, some of their valuable time. | 以及陪审们的宝贵时间吧 |
[15:29] | I make about $35,000 a year there. | 我在那儿一年能挣大概三万五 |
[15:32] | Plus whatever I can pick up with private lessons. | 包括私人课程的零散收入 |
[15:35] | I’m on the verge of bankruptcy. | 我现在快破产了 |
[15:37] | I filed for bankruptcy twice before. | 我已经申请过两次破产 |
[15:40] | And no, I didn’t kill my stepdaughter. | 但我没有杀我继女 |
[15:44] | Ever been arrested? | 进过监狱吗 |
[15:46] | Yeah. | 进过 |
[15:48] | Twice, right? | 两次 对吗 |
[15:49] | Both times for domestic battery? | 都是因为家庭暴力 |
[15:53] | Once against your ex-wife Jean, | 一次是对你的前妻 简 |
[15:55] | once against Andrea’s mother. | 一次是对安德莉亚的母亲 |
[15:58] | Restraining orders in both cases. | 两次都被法庭下了限制令 |
[16:01] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[16:02] | Another of your entitlements now is Andrea’s trust fund, | 你继承的另一遗产是你向纽约遗嘱检验法庭申请的 |
[16:05] | which you filed for in Surrogate’s Court. | 安德莉亚名下的信托基金 |
[16:07] | When did you file this claim? | 你什么时候申请的 |
[16:10] | The date? I don’t know. | 具体日期吗 记不清了 |
[16:12] | Well, here it is, so let’s have a look. | 这儿有 看看吧 |
[16:24] | October 27th. | 10月27日 |
[16:28] | That’s two days after her murder, that Monday. | 她遇害的两天后 星期一 |
[16:30] | Of course, it’s closed on Saturday and Sunday. | 当然 法院周六和周日休息 |
[16:33] | Is the time of filing on there? | 你去的时间是文件上这个吗 |
[16:36] | 8:00 a.m. | 早上八点 |
[16:38] | You know what time Surrogate’s Court opens? | 你知道纽约遗嘱检验法庭的开放时间吗 |
[16:41] | 8:00 a.m. | 早上八点 |
[16:44] | And when was Andrea’s funeral? | 那安德莉亚的葬礼呢 |
[16:47] | That Wednesday. | 当周二 |
[16:49] | So, two days before you buried her, | 所以 她下葬的两天前 |
[16:51] | you applied for her trust fund. | 你申请支配她的信用基金 |
[16:53] | Okay. I think I’ve got the time line straight. | 好了 我想时间线理清楚了 |
[16:55] | Just one more question. | 最后一个问题 |
[16:58] | When Andrea asked you to move out, | 安德莉亚叫你搬出去时 |
[17:00] | do you know if she changed the locks after that? | 你知不知道她换了门锁 |
[17:04] | I don’t, because I haven’t been back there. | 不知道 因为没回去过 |
[17:08] | She didn’t. | 她没换 |
[17:14] | Mrs. Weiss? | 威斯夫人 |
[17:16] | No questions. | 没有提问 |
[17:44] | Before this. | 在这之前 |
[18:41] | I need the credit card receipts from that night. | 我需要当晚的信用卡支付记录 |
[18:44] | Can’t do it. Customer’s private information. | 不行 这是客户隐私 |
[18:47] | Unless you brought a subpoena with you. | 除非你有法院传票 |
[18:49] | I’m not talking about the cash purchases | 我不要那些你不想上报的 |
[18:51] | you have no intention of reporting, | 现金支付记录 |
[18:53] | just the credit cards. | 只要信用卡的 |
[18:55] | Not without a subpoena. | 没有传票不行 |
[18:57] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[19:03] | This is my subpoena, | 这就是传票 |
[19:04] | only pretend it has a “C” on it. | 你把”A”当成”C”就行 |
[19:35] | You should feel okay. | 你该放松点 |
[19:37] | – Do you? – I do. | -你呢 -我很放松 |
[19:40] | Then you’re a worse liar than the stepfather. | 那你比那个继父更不会撒谎 |
[19:43] | Any case, there’s nothing else to do. | 不管怎样 我们都无计可施了 |
[19:46] | We’re out of witnesses. | 没有更多证人 |
[19:48] | We’re done. | 结束了 |
[19:51] | I want to call Naz. | 我想传纳兹 |
[19:57] | No, you don’t. | 不行 |
[19:58] | They need to hear from him. | 陪审团需要他的证词 |
[19:59] | No, they don’t. | 不需要 |
[20:01] | They’ve got all the reasonable doubt they need. | 他们有一切所需的合理怀疑 |
[20:04] | I disagree. | 我不同意 |
[20:05] | You disagree? | 你不同意 |
[20:06] | You don’t know enough to disagree. | 你没资本不同意 |
[20:09] | Who are you again? | 你是谁来着 |
[20:10] | What’s your experience? Remind me. | 有什么经历 提醒我一下 |
[20:12] | Who are you? | 你又算老几 |
[20:16] | Look… | 听着… |
[20:17] | when he walked into this courtroom on day one, | 从他走进法庭的第一天起 |
[20:20] | he was wearing the cloak of presumed innocence. | 就一直披着”假设无罪”的外衣 |
[20:22] | He’s still wearing it, and will continue to | 现在也是 将来也是 |
[20:25] | unless he testifies, then he takes it off. | 除非他认罪 那就得脱下来 |
[20:27] | He forfeits it the minute he goes up there. | 一旦做听证 就会丧失这个假设 |
[20:30] | -No, he doesn’t. -To the jury he does. | -不会的 -面对陪审团必定如此 |
[20:32] | He gets in that box, | 他坐进那个格子 |
[20:33] | they’ll expect him to prove his innocence. | 他们就会指望他能自证清白 |
[20:37] | Any everything else we’ve presented goes out the window. | 我们提供的证据都不再重要 |
[20:40] | You mean everything I’ve presented. | 你是说我提供的证据 |
[20:44] | You’re killing me, and that’s fine, | 受不了你了 不过没关系 |
[20:46] | but don’t kill him. | 但别连累了他 |
[20:48] | Go home and write and your closing argument. | 回家写你的结辩陈词去吧 |
[20:54] | You think you can handle it? | 你觉得能做到吗 |
[20:57] | – Do you? – I do. | -你觉得呢 -我相信 |
[20:59] | And I think it’s important. | 而且这很重要 |
[21:01] | Like, we’ll lose if I don’t? | 你是说 搞砸了就可能输 |
[21:04] | I’m afraid we might. | 恐怕是的 |
[21:12] | If I do it, I’m gonna need some help. | 如果要去 我需要些帮助 |
[21:16] | I’ll walk you through the whole thing. | 我会帮你熟悉过程 |
[21:18] | But once I sit down and she stands up, | 可一旦我坐下 而她站起来 |
[21:20] | there’s not much I can do. | 我就无能为力了 |
[21:21] | That’s not the kind of help I mean. | 我不是这个意思 |
[22:12] | -Hey, John. -Hey | -你好 约翰 -你好 |
[22:13] | Sorry I didn’t make it to your party. | 很抱歉没赶上你的派对 |
[22:15] | You mean my wake? | 你是说我醒酒的时候 |
[22:17] | What you should do is come work with me in cardholder security. | 你该跟我一起做信用卡安保 |
[22:21] | I swear, it’s the best job I ever had. | 我发誓 从没干过这么好的工作 |
[22:25] | Listen, I need a favor. | 听着 我要你帮个忙 |
[22:26] | I need the names and addresses without a subpoena. | 我要这些人的姓名和住址 没有传票许可 |
[22:35] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[22:36] | I’ll start packing for prison right now. | 我这就准备打包去蹲大牢 |
[22:39] | Thanks, John. | 谢了 约翰 |
[22:48] | “半人猛犸” 大号安全套 | |
[23:52] | Gate! | 开门 |
[24:43] | Did you bring it? | 带了吗 |
[24:46] | You better say yes. | 可别说没带 |
[24:49] | You did it? | 带了 |
[24:58] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[25:23] | Where’s the rest of it? | 剩下的呢 |
[25:38] | I got you. | 我看着 |
[26:12] | Okay? | 行了 |
[26:16] | Officer. | 警官 |
[26:51] | In the short time you and Andrea were together, | 和安德莉亚一起的短暂时间里 |
[26:53] | did you develop any feelings towards her? | 你有对她萌生好感吗 |
[26:56] | I did. | 有 |
[26:57] | I liked her a lot. | 我很喜欢她 |
[26:59] | She was fun just to be with… | 和她一起就很开心… |
[27:02] | in a way a lot of my friends can’t be | 我那些保守教育下长大的朋友 |
[27:04] | that were raised conservatively. | 不会像她那样 |
[27:05] | – As Muslims, you mean? – Yes. | -你是说 穆斯林 -是的 |
[27:07] | Later that night when you found her, | 你遇见她的那天晚上 |
[27:09] | can you describe that for us? | 能为我们描述一下吗 |
[27:13] | I woke up in the kitchen, | 我从厨房醒来 |
[27:14] | and walked up the stairs, | 上了楼 |
[27:16] | down the hall to the bedroom | 经过走廊 进了卧室 |
[27:18] | to get dressed and say goodbye. | 穿好衣服 说了再见 |
[27:22] | She didn’t say anything. | 她没说话 |
[27:24] | So, I touched her to wake her. | 所以我碰了碰她 想叫醒她 |
[27:26] | I felt in my hand something wet. | 我感到手里有湿润的东西 |
[27:29] | I turned on the lamp next to the bed | 就打开了床边的灯 |
[27:31] | and saw her. | 然后看见她 |
[27:33] | The blood, the wounds, | 看见血迹 刀伤 |
[27:36] | and, uh… | 还有… |
[27:39] | She was dead. | 她死了 |
[27:41] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[27:43] | And you? | 那你呢 |
[27:47] | I panicked and I ran. | 我慌了 然后跑了 |
[27:50] | I wish I hadn’t done that. | 真希望没那么做 |
[27:52] | I’m ashamed that I did that. | 我很羞愧 |
[27:56] | But I did. | 但我做了 |
[27:59] | I was scared. | 当时很害怕 |
[28:02] | Did you kill her? | 是你杀了她吗 |
[28:05] | No. | 不是 |
[28:08] | No. I couldn’t have. | 我做不到 |
[28:10] | Even if I was out of my mind, I could never do that. | 就算我失去理智 也绝不可能 |
[28:13] | I know it in my heart. | 我非常确定 |
[28:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[28:32] | Mrs. Weiss? | 威斯夫人 |
[28:52] | You ever lie, Mr. Khan? | 你说谎吗 卡恩先生 |
[28:56] | I try not to. | 我尽量避免 |
[28:58] | Is taking things without permission, like taxi cabs, | 不经允许拿走东西 比如开走出租车 |
[29:03] | a kind of lie? | 算谎言吗 |
[29:04] | Yes. | 算 |
[29:06] | What about getting doctors to prescribe amphetamines | 那找医生开苯丙胺 |
[29:09] | and then selling them at a whopping profit to your friends? | 然后以离谱高价卖给朋友呢 |
[29:13] | Ever tell your conservative parents about that? | 你告诉过保守的父母吗 |
[29:17] | No. | 没有 |
[29:20] | When Andrea got in your cab, | 安德莉亚进出租车时 |
[29:23] | did you ask her to get out like those other two guys? | 你有像对另外两人一样 让她下车吗 |
[29:27] | Uh, no. | 没有 |
[29:29] | ‘Cause she was pretty? | 因为她很漂亮 |
[29:33] | I guess. | 大概是 |
[29:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[29:35] | So now she’s in your cab, | 那她进了你的车 |
[29:37] | you’re driving her around, buying her beer. | 你带她兜风 给她买啤酒 |
[29:41] | You have any notions where it might lead? | 你预想过结果吗 |
[29:45] | Notions? | 预想 |
[29:46] | Notions, thoughts. | 意图 或是想法 |
[29:47] | Like, with any luck it might lead to sex. | 比如运气好的话 可能上个床 |
[29:51] | I don’t really do that type of thing. | 我不做这种事 |
[29:53] | Which? | 哪种 |
[29:54] | Have sex with somebody I just met. | 和刚认识的人上床 |
[29:57] | Isn’t that exactly what you did three hours later? | 三小时后你不就做了吗 |
[30:02] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:08] | What kind of sex did you guys have? | 你们的性行为是哪种 |
[30:11] | If you’re worried about your parents hearing this, | 如果担心你父母听到 |
[30:14] | I’ll give them a chance to leave. | 我会让他们回避一下 |
[30:22] | Just regular sex. | 就是普通性行为 |
[30:23] | I’m afraid we’re gonna need more than that. | 恐怕你得说的更详细点 |
[30:26] | Objection. No, we don’t. | 反对 不用了吧 |
[30:28] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[30:33] | I don’t remember the details. | 我不记得细节了 |
[30:35] | Is that because you have sex so often, | 是不是因为你经常做爱 |
[30:38] | it kind of just all blurs together? | 所以记忆有点模糊了 |
[30:41] | No. | 不是 |
[30:42] | How many times have you had sex, | 你有过多少次性行为 |
[30:44] | with women or men? | 和女人或男人 |
[30:47] | Once before, with a girl. | 有过一次 和一个女孩 |
[30:51] | Only once before? | 之前只有一次 |
[30:54] | And you don’t remember anything about this second time? | 却不记得第二次的任何细节 |
[30:57] | There were a lot of drugs. | 当时磕了很多药 |
[30:59] | Oh, we’ve heard. | 这 我们听说了 |
[31:03] | A lot of foreplay, too? | 也有很多前戏吧 |
[31:09] | No. She didn’t want a lot of that. | 没有 她不想要太多前戏 |
[31:12] | She didn’t. Okay. | 她不想 好吧 |
[31:16] | How about you? | 那你呢 |
[31:18] | Is that how you like it? | 你喜欢这样吗 |
[31:19] | How would you like it? | 你喜欢什么样的 |
[31:23] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[31:26] | Having to sit up here in front of all these people, | 你喜欢坐在这么多人面前 |
[31:29] | answering this type of question? | 回答这种问题吗 |
[31:33] | That’s what you meant. | 原来你是这意思 |
[31:36] | Well, I wouldn’t. | 我不愿意 |
[31:37] | But if I was on trial for murder | 可如果我是因谋杀受审 |
[31:40] | and freely chose to testify, | 并选择出庭作证 |
[31:42] | I’d have to answer the questions I’m asked. | 那我必须回答问题 |
[31:48] | You know what, | 这样吧 |
[31:50] | let’s go to just after not-much-foreplay sex. | 我们跳过这场没有前戏的性行为 |
[31:54] | What you did between then and | 在那之后 和你说你在厨房醒来前 |
[31:55] | when you say you woke up in the kitchen downstairs. | 这段时间内发生了什么 |
[31:58] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[32:01] | This is a crucial period of time, Mr. Khan. | 这是最关键的时间段 卡恩先生 |
[32:05] | You might want to try harder to remember, | 你需要仔细想想 |
[32:07] | for your sake. | 这是为你好 |
[32:09] | I know, but I can’t. | 我知道 但想不起来 |
[32:11] | Nothing? | 什么都没有 |
[32:13] | Not doing anything? Not hearing anything? | 什么都没做 什么都没听到 |
[32:16] | Not even going down there? | 甚至连楼都没下过 |
[32:17] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[32:19] | So, you woke up. | 那么 你醒了 |
[32:21] | You walk back upstairs. | 回到楼上 |
[32:23] | You found her dead. | 发现她死了 |
[32:25] | And you ran in a blind panic? | 然后慌张地逃走了 |
[32:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:29] | But then you ran back and broke back into | 但之后你又跑回来 |
[32:31] | the same place you just ran from in a blind panic. | 闯进之前慌忙逃出的屋子 |
[32:34] | Remind me why? | 这是为什么 |
[32:36] | My car keys were in my jacket, which was inside. | 我的夹克衫落在屋里 车钥匙在里面 |
[32:38] | Right. | 好吧 |
[32:40] | So you grabbed your jacket and ran out again. | 你拿了夹克 又跑出来了 |
[32:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:45] | Grab anything else? | 还拿了别的吗 |
[32:46] | No. | 没有 |
[32:48] | The vial of ketamine was already in your jacket pocket? | 那瓶氯胺酮已经在你夹克兜里了 |
[32:51] | No, you’re right. I picked that up off the coffee table. | 不是 我是从咖啡桌上拿的 |
[32:54] | This… This drug your… your attorney says was Andrea’s? | 这… 这瓶你… 你律师说的药是安德莉亚的吗 |
[33:00] | It was hers. | 是她的 |
[33:01] | So why would you take it? | 那你为什么要拿 |
[33:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[33:06] | Take anything else? | 还拿了别的没有 |
[33:08] | No. | 没有 |
[33:10] | Think. | 再想想 |
[33:15] | No. | 没有 |
[33:17] | So the murder weapon was already in your pocket? | 所以杀人凶器当时已经在你衣兜里了 |
[33:21] | Objection. | 反对 |
[33:23] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[33:24] | So the knife was already in your pocket? | 那把刀已经在你的衣兜里了 |
[33:26] | No. I took that with me, too. | 不 也是我后来拿的 |
[33:29] | Why? | 为什么 |
[33:32] | Because I knew how it looked. | 因为我知道看起来是怎样 |
[33:35] | You were drunk, drugged, scared, | 你喝了酒 磕了药 又害怕 |
[33:38] | and in a blind panic. | 又惊慌失措 |
[33:42] | But you still knew how it looked? | 却还知道这看上去如何 |
[33:45] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:46] | How did it look? | 看上去怎么了 |
[33:49] | Like I killed her. | 像是我杀了她 |
[33:57] | All right. | 好吧 |
[33:58] | So you left the house again with the ketamine and the knife, | 那么你带着氯胺酮和刀 再次离开房子 |
[34:02] | got in your father’s cab… | 上了你父亲的出租车… |
[34:03] | We’ve heard what happened after that from law enforcement officers… | 之后的事 我们已经听执法警员说过了… |
[34:07] | And now… | 后来… |
[34:09] | you’re in a patrol car, | 你坐在巡逻警车里 |
[34:11] | being taken to the precinct by Officer Bell, | 被贝尔警员带去警察局 |
[34:13] | who thinks you’re a witness, | 他以为你是个目击证人 |
[34:15] | and you ask him what? | 你问了他什么 |
[34:19] | Is she dead? | 她死了吗 |
[34:21] | Why did you ask him that? | 你为什么这么问他 |
[34:23] | Because I hoped it wasn’t true. | 因为我希望那不是真的 |
[34:25] | Please read back the testimony from “I turned on the lamp.” | 请从”我打开台灯”开始重读证词 |
[34:30] | Mr. Khan, “I turned on the lamp next to the bed and saw her. | 卡恩先生说”我打开床边的台灯 看到她 |
[34:34] | The blood, the wounds, and…” | 看到血迹 刀伤 还有…” |
[34:36] | Ms. Kapoor, “She was dead.” | 卡珀女士说 “她死了” |
[34:37] | Mr. Khan, “Yeah.” | 卡恩先生说 “是的” |
[34:39] | So, when you saw her just before you ran in a blind panic, | 在你慌忙逃跑前看到她时 |
[34:43] | she was dead. | 她就死了 |
[34:44] | And two hours later in the patrol car, | 两小时后 在巡逻车里 |
[34:47] | you weren’t sure? | 你反而不确定了 |
[34:50] | She looked like she was dead. | 她看上去像死了 |
[34:52] | But conceivably she wasn’t? | 但你觉得她可能没死吗 |
[34:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[34:56] | You didn’t check her pulse? | 你没检查过她的脉搏吗 |
[34:58] | No. | 没有 |
[34:59] | You didn’t call 911? | 也没打报警电话 |
[35:01] | No. | 没有 |
[35:03] | Why not, if it was possible she was still alive? | 为什么不打 万一她还活着呢 |
[35:11] | I don’t know. I wasn’t thinking. | 不知道 我当时无法思考 |
[35:14] | You see why I’m having some trouble here? | 你明白现在的问题了吗 |
[35:19] | You had the presence of mind to run from a crime scene, | 你能清醒地逃离犯罪现场 |
[35:25] | to remove evidence implicating you in the crime, | 带走不利于你的证据 |
[35:28] | to operate a motor vehicle without crashing into anything, | 能正常开车 而且没撞人 |
[35:34] | but you didn’t have the presence of mind | 可你却没办法 |
[35:36] | to dial three numbers on your phone? | 用你的手机拨三位号码 |
[35:52] | The prophet Muhammad has this to say about that. | 先知穆罕默德说过这样的话 |
[35:58] | “Hurry with all the strength of your legs to the one who needs help.” | “快用你所有的力量 帮助需要帮助的人” |
[36:04] | Is that what you did for Andrea? | 你对安德莉亚这样做了吗 |
[36:15] | Here’s the deal, Mr. Khan, | 卡恩先生 是这样 |
[36:17] | and you know it. | 你也知道 |
[36:20] | Whether you stabbed her or not, | 不管你有没有捅她 |
[36:23] | you could have saved her. | 你本来可以救她的 |
[36:25] | This young woman who you barely knew, | 救这个你说你喜欢 |
[36:28] | but who you say you liked… | 却几乎不认识的年轻女孩… |
[36:38] | Did you kill her? | 你有没有杀她 |
[36:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:08] | I’m done. | 我问完了 |
[37:26] | Ms. Kapoor? | 卡珀女士 |
[37:34] | The Defense rests, Your Honor. | 本人辩护完毕 法官大人 |
[37:53] | You know, at the beginning, I thought we had maybe a… | 当初 我以为我们会有… |
[37:58] | 10% shot. | 一成胜算 |
[38:01] | Now? | 现在 |
[38:04] | Zero. | 全没了 |
[38:10] | You just convicted him. | 你刚给他定了罪 |
[38:41] | No… | 不是吧… |
[38:47] | I’m not discussing it. | 没得商量 |
[39:01] | Jurors, I’ll remind you | 陪审员们 我提醒你们 |
[39:03] | not to discuss this case with anyone, | 不准和任何人谈论此案 |
[39:05] | and keep your TVs, computers, and iPads off. | 关掉你们的电视 电脑 还有平板 |
[39:10] | Have a nice, electronics-free weekend. | 无电子产品的周末愉快 |
[39:13] | I’ll see you on Monday. | 星期一见 |
[40:37] | ……. | 美国电话电报公司 安德莉亚·考尼什 无线详情 – 账单一览 支付前余额 $155.23 付款-8月7日-感谢惠顾 $155.23 调整 $0 余额 $0 |
[40:39] | 美国电话电报公司 安德莉亚·考尼什 短信使用状况 | |
[40:59] | 斯特林大街 2938 11222 纽约 布鲁克林 | |
[41:29] | Hey, Mike. | 嗨 迈克 |
[41:31] | The shooting in the strip club last Yom Kippur. | 上个赎罪日 脱衣舞俱乐部的枪击案 |
[41:34] | What was the vic’s name again? | 受害者叫什么名字 |
[41:36] | Are you still here? | 你怎么还在这儿 |
[41:38] | What the fuck? | 搞什么 |
[41:42] | You don’t remember? | 你不记得吗 |
[43:25] | Red Label, rocks. | 红方威士忌 加冰 |
[43:31] | How’s it going? | 你好啊 |
[43:34] | Good. | 很好 |
[43:36] | Dennis. | 丹尼斯 |
[43:37] | Ray. | 雷 |
[43:39] | – Nice to meet you. – Yup. | -很高兴见到你 -嗯 |
[43:41] | What do you do, Ray? | 你做什么的 |
[43:45] | Financial advisor. | 财务顾问 |
[43:48] | I play golf. | 我打高尔夫的 |
[43:51] | Like, a golf pro? | 职业选手吗 |
[43:54] | Like retired. | 退休的 |
[43:56] | Used to drink Midleton, | 我以前喝米德尔顿 |
[43:58] | but for us pensioners, it’s rail scotch from now on. | 但领养老金后 只能喝便宜酒 |
[44:01] | Good days are gone. | 好日子过去了 |
[44:04] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[44:05] | Hi. Check. | 喂 结账 |
[44:06] | You don’t remember me. Huh? | 你不记得我 是吗 |
[44:09] | I was at the 2-1 the night you got shot. | 你中枪那天 我在2-1分局 |
[44:11] | I talked to you in the hospital. | 我和你在医院聊过 |
[44:12] | Christ, what’s that like? | 天啊 那是什么感觉 |
[44:15] | I mean, not getting shot. I know what that’s like. | 没中枪 我知道那种感觉 |
[44:17] | But getting shot two inches from your balls | 可是被某个傻逼皮条客开枪打 |
[44:19] | by some fucking pimp? | 只差2寸被爆蛋是什么感觉 |
[44:23] | It was nice meeting you. | 认识你很高兴 |
[44:24] | I just told you, we met before, on Yom Kippur, at the hospital. | 只是想说 赎罪日那天 我们在医院见过 |
[44:26] | Yeah, I heard you. I don’t care. | 我听到了 那又怎么样 |
[44:28] | Ray… | 雷… |
[44:30] | Sit. | 坐下 |
[44:42] | What were you thinking then? | 你当时怎么想的 |
[44:43] | ‘Cause I just don’t get it. | 因为我就不懂了 |
[44:45] | You think you can beat up prostitutes like that? | 你以为你把妓女打成那样 |
[44:48] | And there’s not gonna be some kind of consequence? | 还能没什么后果找上门 |
[44:50] | And keep doing it? | 你还能继续? |
[44:52] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[44:55] | You are, aren’t you? | 你疯了 是不是 |
[44:57] | We got another connection. | 我们还有别的联系 |
[44:59] | Friend of yours and my last job | 你一个朋友 和我在该死的退休前 |
[45:01] | before this fucking retirement. | 最后的工作 |
[45:03] | Andrea. | 安德莉亚 |
[45:06] | Tragic death. | 不幸惨死 |
[45:08] | Nice girl by all accounts. | 怎么看都是好女孩 |
[45:09] | I mean, she had her personal problems, | 她确实有些私人问题 |
[45:11] | but who doesn’t? | 可谁没有 |
[45:12] | You do. | 包括你 |
[45:14] | How much money do you lose here every month? | 你每个月在这要丢掉多少钱 |
[45:19] | Is that what the fight was about that night? Money? | 那晚你们就是为这个争吵吗 关于钱 |
[45:24] | Withdrawals from her accounts? | 她账户里被取走的钱 |
[45:27] | Or are you gonna tell me it was just a lover’s quarrel? | 还是你打算说 只是情侣吵架 |
[45:31] | She was a client, not a girlfriend. | 她是我客户 不是女朋友 |
[45:34] | I’m not sure which is worse for you, | 我不知道哪个身份对你更糟 |
[45:36] | but I beg to differ. | 但我不敢苟同 |
[45:40] | So you went there later, after this. | 所以你在争吵后 去了她家 |
[45:43] | Woke her up, tried to talk to her again. | 叫醒了她 想跟她再谈一次 |
[45:46] | Told her you’d get her money back… | 跟她说你会把钱找回来… |
[45:48] | Of course, you couldn’t. | 当然 你找不回来 |
[45:49] | She told you to get the fuck out, | 她叫你赶紧滚出去 |
[45:50] | maybe reached for the phone to call the cops, | 可能拿起电话报警 |
[45:52] | you went downstairs, opened the drawer, took a knife out… | 你下楼 打开抽屉 拿出一把刀… |
[45:55] | The killer’s on trial. | 杀手正在受审 |
[45:57] | You guys arrested him. | 你们捉到他了 |
[45:59] | I’m not her boyfriend. And now I’m leaving. | 我不是她男朋友 现在我要走了 |
[46:01] | Now you’re just being stupid. | 你现在是在犯傻 |
[46:07] | It’s better for you you were seeing her. | 你最好承认你们当时见过 |
[46:09] | That explains your semen in her bedroom. | 因为她房里有你的精液 |
[46:13] | If you weren’t her boyfriend, then what the fuck, Ray? | 如果你不是她男友 那就操蛋了 雷 |
[46:17] | Don’t be an idiot. | 别傻了 |
[46:22] | I know you know what’s next. | 我知道你清楚下一个问题 |
[46:23] | If you weren’t there, then where were you? | 如果你不在那儿 你在哪里 |
[46:27] | Home. | 在家 |
[46:28] | Everyone’s at home eventually. | 每个人最后都在家 |
[46:29] | Before that, say, around midnight. | 在那之前 比如 午夜左右 |
[46:33] | Here’s the deal… | 这样… |
[46:34] | Here’s the deal, talk to my lawyer. | 这样吧… 去和我律师谈 |
[46:36] | I will or rather, the prosecutor will. | 我会的 甚至检察官会的 |
[46:38] | But that’s not the deal. | 但这不是问题 |
[46:39] | The deal… | 问题是… |
[46:41] | is I know you weren’t home. | 我知道你不在家 |
[46:44] | Fucking cell phones, pinging all the time, | 他妈的电话 响个不停 |
[46:47] | even when you turn ’em off. | 关机也没用 |
[46:49] | And I will find the knife. | 还有 我会找到刀的 |
[46:51] | We’re done. | 谈完了 |
[46:53] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[46:54] | Another Red Label. | 再来一杯红方 |
[47:01] | What, are you waiting for me to cuff you or something? | 怎么 你在等我把你铐起来吗 |
[47:03] | I told you, I’m retired. | 跟你说过 我退休了 |
[47:05] | Get the fuck out of here. | 给老子滚 |
[47:16] | Forgot his hat. | 他忘了帽子 |
[47:58] | Can I sit? | 我能坐下吗 |
[48:04] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[48:05] | Terry. | 泰瑞 |
[48:06] | Naz. | 纳兹 |
[48:12] | Who did that to you? | 谁把你揍了 |
[48:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[48:17] | That’s a good start, Terry. | 这是个好开始 泰瑞 |
[48:19] | Let me guess, they told you to tell your mom or whatever, | 我猜猜 他们让你告诉你妈妈 或者别的谁 |
[48:22] | to put money into their commissary account | 把钱打到监狱账户 |
[48:24] | and you said no. | 然后你拒绝了 |
[48:28] | That’s exactly what happened. | 猜的完全正确 |
[48:32] | You married? | 你结婚了 |
[48:38] | I gotta talk to a friend of mine first, | 我在这能给你提供一些保护 |
[48:40] | but I can maybe get you some protection in here. | 但我得先和我朋友谈谈 |
[48:44] | You don’t gotta say yes or no now. | 现在你不用答应或拒绝 |
[48:47] | Just putting it out there. | 先和你说清楚 |
[48:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[49:06] | He’s married. | 他结婚了 |
[49:07] | So he could swallow his wife’s dope hisself. | 他可以自己吞了他老婆带的毒品 |
[49:20] | She didn’t exactly keep her financial records neatly organized, | 她没有完全保存好财务记录 |
[49:24] | but neither did we. | 可我们也没有 |
[49:25] | Most of her bank statements | 她的大部分银行报表 |
[49:27] | were still in their envelopes unopened, | 还在未开封的信封里 |
[49:29] | scattered around with old “Vogue” magazines | 和旧”时尚”杂志 垃圾信件 |
[49:31] | and some junk mail, | 一起散在地上 |
[49:33] | which CSU basically threw into a box. | 又被现场鉴证员丢进箱子 |
[49:36] | But this one she did open, September’s. | 但这一封她拆了 九月的 |
[49:43] | Three hundred thousand, gone. | 三十万 没了 |
[49:49] | She could have loaned it to him. | 她可能把这笔钱借给他 |
[49:51] | Or he could have just taken it. | 要么是他拿走的 |
[49:53] | He had power of attorney. | 他有代理人权利 |
[49:55] | In any case, she knew. | 无论怎样 她知道了 |
[49:59] | He said he went home after this, and he did, | 他说他后来回了家 他确实回了 |
[50:03] | via the Midtown Tunnel, | 通过中城隧道 |
[50:05] | through a cash lane, even though he’s got an E-ZPass. | 走了现金收费道 尽管他有快易通 |
[50:12] | Yeah. At 2:00 a.m. | 是的 凌晨两点 |
[50:15] | And here he is at 3:00 a.m. | 三点时 他又到了这里 |
[50:43] | We’ve got more on the kid. | 对那孩子不利的证据更多 |
[52:53] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[52:55] | Mrs. Weiss has presented to us a case… | 威斯夫人提供了一个案子… |
[52:58] | Ladies and gentlemen, the Constitution asks of you to review… | 女士们 先生们 宪法要求你们去审阅… |
[53:01] | The Constitution asks of you to review the material | 宪法要求你们根据递交的证据 |
[53:05] | in light of the evidence presented, | 去审阅材料 |
[53:07] | and asks that we ask ourselves… | 并扪心自问… |
[53:08] | What she did was unprofessional, unethical, | 她的行为是不专业 不道德的 |
[53:11] | and grounds for a mistrial, | 是无效审判的基础 |
[53:13] | after which, the State asks itself | 然后 政府自问 |
[53:15] | “Do we really wanna go through all this again | “知道下次会有真正的律师为他辩护 |
[53:18] | knowing next time he’ll have a real attorney defending him?” | 我们还要再来一遍吗” |
[53:23] | You? | 你吗 |
[53:24] | No. Someone good. | 不 某个好律师 |
[53:26] | They’ll be lining up. | 他们会排队抢着来 |
[53:30] | What would happen to her? | 那她会怎么样 |
[53:32] | What do you care? You like her like you liked Andrea? | 你在乎什么 你像喜欢安德莉亚一样喜欢她吗 |
[53:35] | Take your hand off your dick. | 别精虫上脑了 |
[53:41] | Are you high? | 你嗑嗨了吗 |
[53:44] | No. | 没 |
[53:46] | What’ll happen to her is something between a reprimand and a disbarment. | 她可能会被谴责 或被取消律师资格 |
[53:50] | Probably, her career is over. | 大概 她的律师生涯终结了 |
[53:53] | But it’s your life we’re talking about, so… | 可你赔上的是一辈子 所以… |
[54:01] | Look, 20 years from now when you wake up in your cell, | 听着 20年后你在牢房里醒来 |
[54:06] | and you look at yourself in your dented tin mirror, | 在凹陷的易拉罐皮做的镜子中看自己 |
[54:08] | here’s what you’re gonna see. | 你会看到 |
[54:12] | Someone you don’t recognize, | 一个你不认识的人 |
[54:14] | who made the wrong decision | 他明明可以自救 |
[54:16] | when he had the chance to save himself. | 却做了错误的决定 |
[54:24] | Is that a yes? | 这算同意吗 |
[54:33] | Okay. Good. | 好 很好 |
[54:37] | I wish you hadn’t done that. | 你没纹那个就好了 |
[54:41] | Why, you don’t like it? | 怎么 你不喜欢吗 |
[54:44] | No. | 不 |
[54:46] | It’s on the jury’s side. | 从陪审团角度说的 |
[55:11] | I really don’t know what to say, Ms. Kapoor. | 我真不知道该说什么 卡珀小姐 |
[55:14] | Do you? | 你呢 |
[55:16] | I made a terrible mistake. | 我犯了个严重的错误 |
[55:18] | Mistake? | 错误 |
[55:19] | Okay, let me ask you. | 好 我来问你 |
[55:21] | What other careers did you consider in college? | 你在大学里考虑过哪些其他职业 |
[55:26] | Okay. This is what’s going to happen. | 好 接下来的会是这样 |
[55:29] | I’m going to turn this into the ethics committee, obviously, | 显然 我要把这个移交给伦理委员会 |
[55:34] | then finish this trial. | 然后完成庭审 |
[55:35] | Ms. Kapoor, you are now second chair. | 卡珀小姐 你现在作副手 |
[55:37] | John, you’ll take over. | 约翰 你来接管 |
[55:42] | I can’t do that. | 我做不来 |
[55:43] | Sure, you can. | 当然 你可以 |
[55:44] | There’s nothing left but closing arguments. | 只剩结辩陈词了 |
[55:47] | The jury’s barely seen me. | 陪审团都没见过我 |
[55:49] | All of a sudden, I’m there giving the closing argument? | 突然我就在那做结辩陈词了 |
[55:52] | It’ll be fine. | 不要紧 |
[55:53] | Nah, nah, no, no. | 不行 不要 |
[55:55] | No. This is… | 不 这… |
[55:56] | clearly grounds for a mistrial. | 显然是无效审判 |
[55:59] | No. What this is, | 不 这是 |
[56:01] | is an attempt to try to force a mistrial. | 企图迫使审判无效 |
[56:04] | But you don’t force anything in my court. | 但你不能在法庭里强迫任何事 |
[56:08] | I’ll… I’ll appeal. | 我… 我要上诉 |
[56:10] | No law against it. | 随便你 |
[56:12] | -I’m serious. -I heard you. | -我是认真的 -我知道 |
[56:14] | Which won’t be good for you. | 这会对你很不利 |
[56:18] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[56:25] | It’ll be fine, John. You’ll do fine in there. | 没事 约翰 你会顺利完成的 |
[56:31] | Bye now. | 再见了 |
[57:03] | It didn’t work. | 那个没用 |
[57:05] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[57:06] | That tape you dropped off at my door, | 你丢在我门口的录像光碟 |
[57:09] | there’s no mistrial. | 不构成无效审判 |
[57:11] | -Ten dumplings. -Hold on. | -十个饺子 -稍等 |
[57:13] | I’m not following. | 我没跟这案子了 |
[57:15] | Sure you are. | 你当然在跟 |
[57:16] | My question is why? | 我想知道为什么 |
[57:18] | I really don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. | 真不知道你他妈在说什么 |
[57:24] | What’d you find? | 你有什么发现 |
[57:26] | You must be pretty sure about it. | 你肯定很有把握 |
[57:33] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[57:43] | Who did it? | 谁干的 |
[57:53] | It may not be that bad. | 可能不会那么糟 |
[57:55] | The circumstances, the fact you’re young, | 当时的情况 你年纪尚轻 |
[57:58] | you know, that’ll count for something. | 这些都会被考虑在内的 |
[58:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[58:09] | For? | 谢什么 |
[58:11] | For… | 为… |
[58:13] | I don’t know, not lecturing me. | 我不知道 为没对我说教 |
[58:17] | I’m too busy to lecture. | 我没空对你说教 |
[58:20] | Besides, you know what you did. | 而且 你知道你干的好事 |
[58:24] | So chin up, finish this trial… | 打起精神吧 结束这次审讯… |
[58:30] | and then clear out your fucking desk. | 然后清空办公桌给我滚蛋 |
[58:50] | Ladies and gentlemen… | 女士们 先生们… |
[59:14] | Ladies and gentlemen… | 女士们 先生们… |
[59:17] | when you file a request for a document from the FBI | 当你基于”信息自由法案” |
[59:21] | under the Freedom of Information Act, | 向联调局要求一个文件时 |
[59:24] | this is what you get. | 你会得到这个 |
[59:27] | It’s called a redacted document, | 这叫”被编辑文件” |
[59:30] | edited to render unreadable | 任何联调局认为会对国家安全 |
[59:32] | any content the FBI deems a threat to national security, | 造成威胁的内容 都被编辑成不可读 |
[59:36] | or, more often, to the security | 或者 更常有的 是那些对联调局 |
[59:38] | of the workings of the FBI itself. | 自身运转造成威胁的内容 |
[59:42] | Redaction equals self-preservation. | 被编辑的内容相当于自我保护 |
[59:47] | Like this, there is a redaction | 像这样 在被告陈述的 |
[59:50] | in the middle of what the defendant has told you | 关于安德莉亚被杀当晚的内容中 |
[59:54] | about the night of Andrea’s murder, | 就有被编辑内容 |
[59:56] | a black rectangle of nothing | 黑漆漆的长方块 |
[59:59] | between the time he had sex with her, | 从他们发生性行为 |
[1:00:01] | and when he, as he says, found her bleeding out. | 到如他所说 在血泊中发现她之间 |
[1:00:04] | He says he can’t remember anything. | 他说他什么也想不起来 |
[1:00:07] | He fell asleep. He passed out. | 他睡着了 失去了知觉 |
[1:00:11] | He has redacted a crucial period of time. | 他把这关键时间编辑掉了 |
[1:00:15] | Why? For the same reason this is blacked out. | 为什么 和这里被涂黑的原因相同 |
[1:00:20] | Self-preservation. | 是自我保护 |
[1:00:28] | His defense team has tried to say | 他的辩护团队一直在说 |
[1:00:31] | there are other people with motive, opportunity, | 有其他人比卡恩先生更有动机 机会 |
[1:00:34] | and histories more consistent than Mr. Khan’s | 比卡恩先生与这个可怕罪行之间 |
[1:00:37] | with such a horrendous crime as this. | 更加吻合的过去 |
[1:00:40] | I’d ask why, but you know why. | 我会问原因 但你们知道 |
[1:00:43] | It’s desperation. | 这是垂死挣扎 |
[1:00:44] | Because they know a redacted story doesn’t sit well | 因为他们知道在明智的陪审团面前 |
[1:00:48] | with an intelligent jury. | 编辑过的说辞站不住脚 |
[1:00:51] | Is there any evidence | 有证据显示其他人 |
[1:00:53] | any other person was in the house that night? | 当晚在那房子里出现过吗 |
[1:00:56] | No. Nasir Khan was the only person in the house | 没有 纳西尔·卡恩是安德莉亚被谋杀那晚 |
[1:01:01] | the night Andrea was murdered, | 唯一在她房里出现过的人 |
[1:01:03] | in the bedroom she was murdered, in the bed she was murdered. | 在她被杀的卧室里 在她被杀的床上 |
[1:01:06] | He’s the only person whose blood is there, | 只有他的血迹 |
[1:01:09] | whose prints are there, whose semen is there. | 他的指纹 他的精液 |
[1:01:12] | The only person who had a knife in his pocket | 只有他的衣兜里揣着一把 |
[1:01:15] | with her blood on it. | 沾着她血迹的刀 |
[1:01:17] | He was that night, and to this day, | 他是从那晚 直到今天 |
[1:01:21] | the only suspect the police considered. | 警方判定的唯一嫌疑人 |
[1:01:24] | Because… | 因为… |
[1:01:38] | Because he was and is | 因为他之前是 现在也是 |
[1:01:41] | the only killer of this beautiful, young woman. | 杀掉这位美丽年轻女士的唯一凶手 |
[1:02:07] | This is not a penknife or a grapefruit knife. | 这不是一把小折刀 或是西柚刀 |
[1:02:11] | This knife is designed to cut through meat, | 这刀是用来切肉的 |
[1:02:14] | and that’s what Mr. Khan used it for, | 而这就是卡恩先生用它的目的 |
[1:02:16] | cutting through tendons, muscle, bone, and a heart, | 切割肌腱 肌肉 骨头 和心脏 |
[1:02:21] | 22 times. | 22次 [大姐编不下去了] |
[1:02:44] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[1:02:53] | Ladies and gentlemen… | 女士们 先生们… |
[1:02:56] | Ladies and gentlemen… | 女士们 先生们… |
[1:02:58] | Ladies and gentlemen… | 女士们 先生们… |
[1:02:59] | Ladies and gentlemen, in the rush to judgment… | 女士们 先生们 在这场匆忙审判中… |
[1:03:02] | Okay, now. The rushed… | 好吧 这场匆忙的… |
[1:03:05] | There’s two other guys. | 还有两个人 |
[1:03:06] | There’s Duane Reade… | 杜安·瑞蒂… |
[1:03:08] | You can’t deny that. | 你无法否认 |
[1:03:09] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[1:03:12] | God! | 天呐 |
[1:03:13] | Right. | 好吧 |
[1:03:15] | What the fuck? | 怎么回事 |
[1:03:17] | God! | 上帝啊 |
[1:03:18] | Fuck! | 靠 |
[1:03:21] | God! | 天呐 |
[1:03:22] | I need this like a fucking hole in the head! | 我他妈必须吃药了 |
[1:04:04] | Fuck! | 操 |
[1:04:14] | Fucking get… | 他妈的… |
[1:04:21] | Fuck! | 操 |
[1:04:24] | God. | 天啊 |
[1:04:38] | You under any unusual stress? | 你有什么异常大的压力吗 |
[1:04:40] | You could say that. | 可以这么说 |
[1:04:45] | Who gave you this? | 这个是谁给你的 |
[1:04:47] | Some Chinese guy on Canal Street. | 运河街的一个中国佬 |
[1:04:49] | Canal Street. | 运河街 |
[1:04:51] | Did he also offer to re-tar your driveway? | 他是不是还答应给你的车道重铺沥青 |
[1:04:55] | Unless you like insomnia, panic attacks, confusion, and psychosis, | 除非你喜欢失眠 恐慌症 迷茫和精神病 |
[1:04:59] | you don’t want to make a habit out of this. | 不然你不想养成这么个习惯 |
[1:05:19] | I’m gonna be honest with you. | 不妨实话告诉大家 |
[1:05:23] | This isn’t what I normally do. | 这不是我通常作为 |
[1:05:26] | I mean, obviously, someone who looks like this | 我是说 很明显 像我这样的 |
[1:05:29] | doesn’t make his living doing public speaking. | 不靠在公共场合发言来挣钱 |
[1:05:32] | I’m sorry you even have to look at this. | 很抱歉 你们得忍受如此模样 |
[1:05:39] | What I normally do is, plea my clients out, | 我通常做的 是劝客户认罪 |
[1:05:43] | because 95% of the time, they did what they were charged with. | 因为95%的时候 他们的确罪有应得 |
[1:05:47] | They sold that dope, | 他们贩毒 |
[1:05:49] | they solicited that guy, | 她们公开招嫖 |
[1:05:51] | they stole that iPhone. | 他们偷手机 |
[1:05:52] | It’s clear to me just looking at them. | 我看他们一眼就了然于心 |
[1:05:54] | So, I tell them, | 于是 我说 |
[1:05:56] | “Don’t be stupid, take the deal.” | “别傻了 接受判决吧” |
[1:06:03] | The first time I saw Naz, he was sitting alone | 我第一次见到纳兹的时候 他一个人坐着 |
[1:06:07] | in a holding cell at the 21st Precinct. | 在21分局的一个牢房里 |
[1:06:11] | He’d just been arrested. | 他那时刚被捕 |
[1:06:14] | I walked past him, | 我从他旁边走过 |
[1:06:17] | out of the station and then stopped. | 走出警局后 我停了下来 |
[1:06:24] | I turned around and went back. | 转身 又走了回去 |
[1:06:28] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:06:30] | Because I didn’t see what I see in my other clients. | 因为在他眼里 我没看到其他客户的那种眼神 |
[1:06:38] | And I still don’t after all this time. | 过了这么久 我依旧没看到 |
[1:06:42] | What I see is what happens when you put a kid in Rikers | 我看到的是 我们把一个孩子送进雷克斯监狱 |
[1:06:45] | and say, “Okay, now survive that. | 然后说 “好了 努力活着 |
[1:06:50] | While we try you for something you didn’t do.” | 我们会替你证明清白的” |
[1:06:54] | And that’s how you survive Rikers. | 你在雷克斯就是这么过的 |
[1:06:59] | There were crimes committed that night, no doubt. | 那晚的确有人犯了罪 毫无疑问 |
[1:07:04] | Crime one, | 罪名一 |
[1:07:05] | stood up by a friend with a car, | 受一个有车的朋友怂恿 |
[1:07:07] | a young man takes his father’s cab without permission | 一个青年未经允许而开走父亲的出租车 |
[1:07:10] | to go to a party in Manhattan. | 去曼哈顿参加一个派对 |
[1:07:13] | Crime two, a young woman buys some powerful illegal drugs. | 罪名二 一位年轻女士购买了强力的违禁药物 |
[1:07:19] | Crime three, on the banks of the Hudson River, | 罪名三 在哈德逊河畔 |
[1:07:23] | under the George Washington Bridge, | 在乔治·华盛顿桥下 |
[1:07:24] | she gives him one of those illegal drugs, MDMA. | 她给了他一种违禁药物 摇头丸 |
[1:07:30] | Crime four, | 罪名四 |
[1:07:32] | later at her house, | 后来在她家里 |
[1:07:33] | she gives him another illegal drug, ketamine, | 她给了他另一种违禁药物 氯胺酮[K粉] |
[1:07:37] | which, with the Ecstasy, | 还有迷幻药 |
[1:07:38] | and enough tequila to topple a saguaro cactus, | 和足以麻醉一棵巨型仙人掌的龙舌兰酒 |
[1:07:42] | knocks him out like the horses vets give ketamine to. | 让他像被马医喂饱氯胺酮一样不省人事 |
[1:07:47] | Crime five, | 罪名五 |
[1:07:48] | upon discovering the body, | 发现尸体之后 |
[1:07:51] | instead of reporting it, he runs. | 他没报警 而是逃了 |
[1:07:54] | Crime six, he makes an illegal left turn. | 罪名六 他违法左转 |
[1:07:59] | Crime seven, he resists arrest. | 罪名七 他抗拒逮捕 |
[1:08:05] | Those are the crimes | 这些就是 |
[1:08:06] | committed by these two young people that night, | 这两个年轻人那晚所犯的罪 |
[1:08:10] | and the only ones we have proof of. | 也是极少数有证据证明的罪名 |
[1:08:13] | What we don’t have proof of | 我们没有证据的 |
[1:08:14] | is who committed the crime he’s been charged with. | 是给谁才是犯了被指控罪名的人 |
[1:08:18] | The prosecution has presented what it says is proof, | 检方已经提供了所谓的证据 |
[1:08:23] | but at the end of the day, | 但归根结底 |
[1:08:25] | it’s circumstance and speculation. | 只是虚拟情景和推测 |
[1:08:33] | The rush to judgment against Nasir Khan | 对纳西尔·卡恩的匆忙审判 |
[1:08:37] | began at the 21st Precinct | 始于21分区警局 |
[1:08:39] | at 4:45 a.m. the night of, | 当夜 凌晨4:45 |
[1:08:42] | and ended 10 seconds later | 止于10秒钟之后 |
[1:08:45] | when he was tackled to the floor. | 当他被按在地上拷住之时 |
[1:08:47] | The police investigated no one else, | 警察没有调查任何人 |
[1:08:50] | not the stepfather who had a tempestuous relationship with the victim, | 没有调查和受害者关系极其恶劣的继父 |
[1:08:54] | even though the percentage of killers who know their victims | 尽管杀人凶手是熟人的可能性 |
[1:08:58] | is five times greater than that of strangers, | 比陌生人的高出五倍 |
[1:09:02] | and even though among the fraction of strangers who do commit murder. | 即使犯谋杀罪的陌生人数极少 |
[1:09:07] | There were two individuals | 有两个人 |
[1:09:09] | the couple had confrontations with that night. | 在当晚和这对年轻人有过对峙 |
[1:09:11] | One with a history of battery, | 一个有殴打前科的 |
[1:09:13] | the other with multiple convictions | 另一个因故意伤害 |
[1:09:17] | for aggravated assault, | 被多次判罪 |
[1:09:18] | every time using a knife from the victim’s own home. | 每次都有使用受害者家中的刀具 |
[1:09:37] | The night Naz was arrested, he lost a lot. | 纳兹被捕的那晚 他失去了很多 |
[1:09:44] | He lost his freedom | 他失去了自由 |
[1:09:46] | to return home to his family, to his school, | 回家人身边的自由 回学校的自由 |
[1:09:50] | to his night job that helps pay for that school. | 失去他用来积攒学费的晚间兼职 |
[1:09:54] | But what he didn’t lose, and what none of us can lose, | 但他未曾失去的 也是各位都不能失去的 |
[1:09:59] | were his Constitutional rights | 是宪法赋予的 |
[1:10:03] | to an attorney, | 聘请律师的权利 |
[1:10:04] | to a fair and impartial trial by you, his peers, | 受到你们和他的同辈 公平公正审判的权利 |
[1:10:10] | and to the presumption of his innocence | 对他的无罪推定 |
[1:10:13] | beyond a reasonable doubt. | 高度怀疑的权利 |
[1:10:22] | We hear that term a lot. | 这套言辞我们听的多了 |
[1:10:25] | But what does it really mean, huh? | 但它的意义究竟是什么 |
[1:10:27] | What’s its definition? | 它的定义是什么 |
[1:10:33] | It doesn’t have one. | 没有定义 |
[1:10:35] | It’s what we think, | 这是我们的想法 |
[1:10:39] | and as much as what we think, what we feel. | 和想法一样 还有我们的感受 |
[1:10:44] | And what we feel | 而我们的感受 |
[1:10:47] | and what you feel | 你们的感受 |
[1:10:49] | will determine | 将会决定 |
[1:10:51] | what happens to the rest of this young man’s life. | 这个年轻人未来余生怎么过 |
[1:11:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:11:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:12:27] | Nothing. | 没结果 |
[1:12:31] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[1:12:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:12:58] | We got your Viagra now. | 你要的伟哥到货了 |
[1:13:01] | I don’t give a fuck anymore. | 老子不需要了 |
[1:13:03] | That’s a good one. | 那就好 |
[1:13:06] | Want a receipt? | 要收据吗 |
[1:13:59] | Worst comes to worst, it’s not so bad in here, is it? | 最坏不过如此 在这儿也没那么糟吧 |
[1:14:04] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[1:14:05] | you got people that care about you in here. | 你在这里是有人关心的 |
[1:14:09] | I care about you. | 我关心你 |
[1:14:13] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:14:16] | How many times I gotta tell you? | 要我说多少次 |
[1:14:18] | I don’t believe it. | 我不信 |
[1:14:22] | Man, these dudes in here, | 那些犯人 无论是这儿的 |
[1:14:24] | upstate, places I’ve been… | 上州监狱的 我待过的地方的… |
[1:14:29] | I mean, whether they in here for selling drugs or murder, | 不管他们是贩毒还是谋杀 |
[1:14:32] | they all got one thing in common. | 他们都有个共同点 |
[1:14:36] | You ask them, | 只要你问 |
[1:14:38] | every last one say they innocent. | 每个家伙都说自己无罪 |
[1:14:42] | But they all got that stink about them, | 可无论白痴还是百万富翁 |
[1:14:44] | every moron to millionaire, | 他们身上都有股恶臭 |
[1:14:46] | that lying stink. | 撒谎的恶臭 |
[1:14:50] | But you? | 而你呢 |
[1:14:54] | You smell like innocence. | 你的味道是清白的 |
[1:15:05] | You the real deal, Naz. | 实实在在的 纳兹 |
[1:15:08] | That makes you one of a kind. | 所以你才跟他们不同 |
[1:15:10] | And the fact that you under my wing? | 而我为什么要护着你呢 |
[1:15:13] | It’s like… like I got something nobody else got. | 其实… 就像我有一样没人有的东西 |
[1:15:19] | It’s like… | 就像… |
[1:15:22] | like I got a unicorn. | 我有一头独角兽 |
[1:15:28] | So why would I not take care of you? | 你说我怎么会不照顾你 |
[1:15:33] | What kind of a cold individual do you think I am? | 你把我当成什么冷血生物了 |
[1:16:50] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[1:17:06] | How we doing? | 结果如何 |
[1:17:10] | Not good. | 不好 |
[1:17:13] | Well, I’m sorry to hear that, | 很遗憾听到这个结果 |
[1:17:15] | but I have to ask you to go back. | 可我必须让你们重新投 |
[1:17:17] | Your Honor, we’re not getting anywhere in there. | 法官大人 我们无法达成一致 |
[1:17:20] | You’re discussing things. | 你们得继续讨论 |
[1:17:22] | You’re having some differences of opinion. | 你们只是有些意见分歧 |
[1:17:25] | We’re deadlocked. | 陷入死局了 |
[1:17:30] | No you’re not. I don’t like that word. | 不会的 “死局”这词我不喜欢 |
[1:17:33] | I’m not going to let you use it. | 别再用这个词儿了 |
[1:17:35] | Someone’s holding out. You keep talking. | 有人不愿让步 你们得继续谈 |
[1:17:38] | Not gonna happen. | 没什么可谈的 |
[1:17:39] | Sure it will. What’s the count? | 肯定有的 投票结果是多少 |
[1:17:41] | Six to six. | 六比六 |
[1:17:45] | And it’s not gonna change. | 谈不下去了 |
[1:17:48] | So, I’m sorry, Your Honor, | 很抱歉 法官大人 |
[1:17:52] | but we’re done. | 我们尽了力 |
[1:18:03] | Thank you for your service. | 感谢你们的付出 |
[1:18:05] | The jury is dismissed. | 陪审团解散 |
[1:18:17] | So, Mrs. Weiss, what’s your pleasure? | 威斯夫人 还有其他想法吗 |
[1:18:20] | Shall we impanel a new jury for retrial? | 要不要重选一批陪审员来重审 |
[1:18:23] | Say, next week? | 比如 下周 |
[1:18:41] | No, Your Honor. | 不用了 法官大人 |
[1:18:43] | My office declines to prosecute further. | 地检将不再做进一步起诉 |
[1:18:50] | You’re free. | 你自由了 |
[1:18:56] | Free to go home. | 可以回家了 |
[1:20:05] | As per usual, I see some old faces. | 一如既往 熟面孔不少 |
[1:20:10] | Glad you learned your lesson. | 很高兴你们长了教训 |
[1:20:12] | Now for the freshmen, I’ll keep it simple. | 至于新来的 我长话短说 |
[1:20:16] | You get told to do something, you do it. | 让你干什么 照办就是 |
[1:20:18] | – Gate! – You lay a finger on any of us, | -开门 -如果跟警员发生冲突 |
[1:20:20] | we break out the riot gear, | 我们会动用防暴装备 |
[1:20:22] | we put you in the fucking hospital, | 把你们送进他妈的医院 |
[1:20:23] | and we add another charge. | 另加一项袭警罪名 |
[1:20:45] | Come on. | 来啊 |
[1:21:03] | Come on. | 来啊 |
[1:21:06] | Come on. | 来啊 |
[1:21:07] | Come on! | 来啊 |
[1:21:17] | Your pay. | 你的工资 |
[1:21:19] | Metro Card, one ride. | 公交卡 单程的 |
[1:21:22] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[1:21:24] | He left this for you. | 他留给你的 |
[1:23:19] | 纽约大学 公共安全部 | |
[1:23:21] | NYU campus security. | 纽约大学校园保安 |
[1:23:23] | So, back in uniform. | 又穿上制服了 |
[1:23:26] | Sort of. | 算是吧 |
[1:23:28] | You sure you wouldn’t rather slit your wrists? | 你真的不想割腕自杀吗 |
[1:23:31] | It’s a job. | 混口饭吃 |
[1:23:33] | I got a job for you. | 我这儿有份差事 |
[1:23:42] | Let’s go get him. | 把他绳之以法吧 |
[1:24:39] | It’s hot. | 小心烫着 |
[1:24:46] | Anything you want to do tonight? | 今晚想不想做点啥 |
[1:24:48] | Go out, see your friends? | 比如 出去见见朋友 |
[1:24:50] | You should. It’s fine. | 应该去的 没事 |
[1:24:52] | Nah, this is fine. | 不了 这样挺好 |
[1:24:57] | Okay. | 也行 |
[1:25:20] | I spent a lot of time sitting on this bed when you were gone. | 你不在的这段 我在这张床坐过很长时间 |
[1:25:28] | I’m so happy you’re home. | 妈妈真高兴你能回家 |
[1:25:32] | You thought I killed her. | 你认为我杀了她 |
[1:25:35] | Never. | 从来没有 |
[1:25:43] | Okay, Mom. | 好吧 妈妈 |
[1:26:36] | So, right now at the 21st Precinct, there’s someone in the pen. | 此时此刻的21分局里 也许又有人被捕 |
[1:26:40] | They’ll take him down to The Tombs, to court, to Rikers. | 他们会直接送他进市监狱 上法庭 去雷克斯岛 |
[1:26:45] | Meanwhile, there’s someone else in the pen. | 同时 也许会有人被捕 |
[1:26:47] | Tomorrow someone else, the next day someone else. | 明天又有别人 后天变成其他人 |
[1:26:51] | No one’s even thinking about you anymore. | 没人会再记得你的事儿 |
[1:26:54] | Except everybody here. | 除了这儿的 |
[1:26:57] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[1:27:01] | People stare at me every day like I got leprosy. | 每天都有人盯着我 好像我有麻风病似的 |
[1:27:05] | They don’t want to be anywhere near me. | 他们都想躲得远远地 |
[1:27:07] | I repulse them. | 我恶心到他们 |
[1:27:45] | See? You learned something in there. | 你看 在那儿长教训了吧 |
[1:27:53] | Everyone’s got a cross to bear, Naz. | 谁都有自己的苦衷 纳兹 |
[1:27:56] | Pardon the expression, | 原谅我出言不逊 |
[1:27:59] | fuck ’em all. | 操他妈的 |
[1:28:01] | Live your life. | 活好你的 |
[1:28:07] | Thank you for what you did for me. | 谢谢你为我做的 |
[1:28:11] | Don’t mention it. | 甭客气 |
[1:29:03] | Yo, you got that? | 喂 带来了吗 |
[1:29:05] | I got that. | 带了 |
[1:29:08] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:31:05] | Four days later, | #四天后# |
[1:31:07] | the CSI team enters Patty and JR’s bedroom, | #CSI小队将进入帕蒂和JR的卧室# |
[1:31:09] | one of the last places Patty was seen before she vanished. | #这是帕蒂消失前 最后有人见其出现过的一个地方# |
[1:31:13] | They notice several stained indentations in the linoleum floor | #他们在油毡地板上发现几处有血污的凹陷# |
[1:31:17] | and begin their testing with luminol, | #开始做鲁米诺测试# |
[1:31:19] | a chemical used to indicate the possible presence of blood. | #该种制剂用于显现可能存在的血迹# |
[1:31:29] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[1:31:35] | Let me stop you. Whatever you did or you didn’t do, | 打断一下 无论你做过或没做过什么 |
[1:31:38] | it’s 250 bucks, cash only. | 收费250美元 只收现金 |
[1:31:41] | No credit cards or personal checks. | 不接受信用卡或个人支票 |
[1:31:46] | Okay. Sit tight, don’t talk to anybody. | 行 好好待着 别跟任何人说话 |
[1:31:49] | I’ll be down there in a little while. | 我过会儿就去找你 |
[1:31:52] | You’re gonna be fine. | 没事的 |
[1:32:01] | Beautiful animals suffer every day. | #漂亮的动物每天遭受苦难# |
[1:32:09] | They live in squalor, | #他们肮脏地活着# |
[1:32:11] | with no food, no shelter, | #没吃的 没地方住# |
[1:32:15] | and no love. | #更没人爱# |
[1:32:27] | These are the forgotten ones, | #这些被遗忘的可爱动物# |
[1:32:29] | loving animals who are abused | #它们遭受虐待# |
[1:32:32] | and neglected, | #被人冷落# |
[1:32:33] | suffering all alone and living in fear. | #孤苦伶仃 惶恐度日# |
[1:32:37] | Please, don’t forget them. | #拜托 不要忘了它们# |
[1:32:39] | Reach out and tell that animal | #伸出双手 告诉小动物# |
[1:32:42] | you’ll be there. | #你们不离不弃# |
[1:32:44] | Go online or call now. | #上网或致电# |
[1:32:48] | Give your monthly gift of support. | #请献出你的温暖爱心# |
[1:32:50] | For only $18 a month, | #每月只需18元# |
[1:32:53] | this is your chance to pull in animals | #这将是你绝佳的机会# |
[1:32:56] | from the depths of despair, | #把小动物救出绝望深渊# |
[1:32:58] | to save them from a life of pain, | #让他们的一生免遭苦痛# |
[1:33:00] | provide them with the food… | #给他们提供食物…# |