时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [upbeat classical music playing] | |
[00:17] | [Jessi] I fell in love with dance when I was three years old. | 我三岁的时候就爱上了舞蹈 |
[00:21] | Relevé. Passé. | 踮立 蹲跃 |
[00:23] | And! | 然后! |
[00:25] | [Jessi] One day, my mom was playing this old song, “Always Be My Baby,” | 有一天 我妈妈在放一首老歌《永远的宝贝》 |
[00:28] | and by the chorus, I was twirling. | 副歌部分时 我在旋转 |
[00:31] | She swears I was too little to remember, but I do. | 她发誓我当时太小还不记事 但我还记得 |
[00:35] | Again. | 再来 |
[00:37] | [Jessi] The blue rug in our old house, my Princess Tiana nightgown, | 我们老房子里的蓝色地毯 我的蒂亚娜公主睡衣 |
[00:41] | and how I felt like I was going to twirl forever. | 还有我要永远旋转下去的那种感觉 |
[00:46] | No. | 不对 |
[00:52] | [Jessi] But believing in “meant to be” is easy | 但当你一直都是天之骄子时 相信“命中注定”是很容易的 |
[00:54] | when you’ve always been, like, the star. | |
[00:57] | That’s embarrassing to say, but it’s the truth. | 这么说有点不好意思 但这就是事实 |
[01:01] | Beautiful, Miranda. | 漂亮 米兰达 |
[01:09] | [Jessi] Or at least it was until I started class | 或者至少在我今年在斯坦福的 |
[01:11] | at this new dance school in Stamford this year. | 新舞蹈学校上课之前一直都是 |
[01:14] | I worked so hard to get in. | 我费了很大力气才考进来 |
[01:16] | I knew it’d be more competitive, | 我知道这里竞争更激烈 但我想如果他们选了我 就说明我属于这里 |
[01:18] | but I figured if they picked me, then I belonged here. | |
[01:24] | But it doesn’t feel that way. | 但现在感觉不一样了 |
[01:35] | It made me wonder, | 现在让我开始怀疑 |
[01:37] | had I been the best because I love to dance | 是因为我热爱舞蹈 所以我能成为第一 |
[01:40] | or did I love to dance because I’d always been the best? | 还是因为我跳舞总是第一 所以我才热爱舞蹈 |
[01:46] | This is taking forever. | 这太耽误时间了 |
[01:48] | This really needs a four-way stop sign. | 这里真的需要一个四道的信号灯 |
[01:51] | [Jessi] I’m gonna be late for the meeting. | 我开会要迟到了 |
[01:53] | [Janice] Okay, I’m trying! | 好了 我在努力! |
[01:55] | Jessi, what’s Q-U-I-N-O-A? | 杰西 藜麦是什么? |
[01:59] | Quinoa, honey. That little grain that Daddy hates. | 藜麦 亲爱的 爸爸最讨厌吃的那种粮食 |
[02:03] | How was class? | 课上得怎么样? |
[02:05] | I wasn’t on my leg. | 我的重心没在腿上 |
[02:06] | And Madame Noelle adjusted my turnout in front of everyone. | 诺艾尔夫人当着大家的面 调整了我的支撑腿 这就是你想上这所学校的原因吧? |
[02:09] | Hm. That’s the whole reason you wanted to go to this school, right? | |
[02:13] | To improve. | 为了进步 |
[02:14] | But I’m not improving. | 但我没在进步 |
[02:15] | And she’s assigning parts for the winter recital soon. | 她很快就要为冬季舞会指定角色了 |
[02:18] | There’s a jeté clinic on Saturday that could help. | 周六有个越步补习班可能有帮助 |
[02:21] | Saturday is Becca’s a cappella concert. | 星期六是贝卡的无伴奏音乐会 |
[02:23] | If Jessi has to miss it, it’s okay. | 如果杰西必须缺席 没关系的 |
[02:26] | No, baby. Saturday is family time. | 不行 宝贝 星期六是家庭时间 |
[02:29] | And we’re all gonna be at Becca’s concert as a family. | 我们要作为一家人去听贝卡的演奏会 |
[02:37] | I’m gonna scream. | 我要大喊大叫了 |
[02:38] | ♪ My heart goes boom, boom, boom ♪ | |
[02:40] | ♪ My head goes boom, boom, boom… ♪ | |
[02:42] | – [Kristy] Wait, Dawn, is this you? – Yeah. | 等等 道恩 这是你吗? -对 -你看起来真棒 谢谢 克里斯蒂 |
[02:44] | – You look great. – Thanks, Kristy. | |
[02:46] | Logan just texted. He said, “Playing,” then ramen emoji? | 罗根刚发来短信 他说 “在玩”加一个拉面表情? |
[02:51] | Ooh, boy code. Let’s analyze. | 男生密码 我们来分析一下 |
[02:53] | I’m pretty sure it means he’s playing Minecraft, then eating… | 我很确定他在玩《我的世界》 然后在吃… |
[02:56] | Mary Anne, it’s never literal. | 从来都不止是字面意思 |
[02:58] | Made it! Sorry. | 赶到了! 抱歉 |
[03:00] | Look, you have to send this. There. | 听着 你必须要发这个出去 这样 警报?真的吗? |
[03:03] | – [alarm ringing] – An alarm? Kristy, really? | |
[03:08] | [Jessi] When was this? | 这是什么时候拍的? |
[03:09] | – You guys look cute. – Last week. | -你们看着真可爱 -上周? |
[03:11] | It was magic hour, | 是光线最好的时候 |
[03:12] | so I did an impromptu shoot on the way back from the pizza place. | 我在从披萨店回来的路上 即兴拍了张照片 |
[03:16] | – You were at ballet. – It looks like you guys had fun. | -你当时去跳芭蕾了 -看来你们玩得很开心 |
[03:19] | This meeting is officially in session. | 这次会议正式开始 |
[03:21] | Now, first order of business, | 好 现在开始第一件事 |
[03:23] | my mom said there’s this big town hall meeting in a couple of weeks. | 我妈妈说几周后 会有一个大型的市政会议 |
[03:27] | They’re discussing adding a stop sign on Edgarstone and Kimball. | 他们在讨论在埃德加斯通 和金博尔街口上加个信号灯 |
[03:30] | – Finally! | – Finally! -终于! -终于! |
[03:31] | All the adults in that neighborhood are going to the meeting | 住那附近的大人都会去开会 |
[03:34] | and they’ll all need sitters, | 他们的孩子都需要保姆 |
[03:36] | so I figured we could plan something fun for the kids | 所以我想我们可以 用特别优惠的团体价格 |
[03:38] | and offer a special, discounted group rate. | 为孩子们策划点好玩的项目 |
[03:40] | – Supporting community engagement… – And special event services. I love it. | -支持社区… -特别活动的服务 我喜欢 |
[03:44] | Right? Mary Anne and I counted up all the kids in that general area | 对吧?玛丽·安和我数了下 那一片的所有孩子 |
[03:47] | and we came up with 12. | 我们算出来有12个 |
[03:49] | We can watch 12 kids. | 我们可以看12个孩子 |
[03:51] | Two for each sitter. | 每个照顾两个孩子 不算杰西 |
[03:52] | – Without Jessi, of course. – [phone rings] | |
[03:54] | – Afternoon, Baby-Sitters Club. – Why without Jessi? Why am I not counted? | -下午好 保姆俱乐部 -为什么不算杰西?为什么我不算? |
[03:57] | Oh, because you’re unavail. | 因为你没空 |
[03:59] | You gave me all your dance conflicts when you enrolled at your new school. | 你在新学校入学时 把你所有的舞蹈冲突时间都给了我 |
[04:02] | Your winter dance recital is that night. | 你的冬季舞会是在那天晚上 |
[04:05] | – See? – Oh. | 你看? |
[04:06] | Wait until you guys see Jessi dance. I cried when she was in The Nutcracker. | 你们等着看杰西跳舞吧 我在看她表演《胡桃夹子》时哭了 |
[04:10] | What time’s the show? Maybe we can do both. | 演出是几点?也许我们两个都能赶上 |
[04:12] | Oh, don’t worry about it. | 别担心这个 |
[04:14] | It’s all the way in Stamford and I don’t even have a part yet. | 在斯坦福表演 而且我也没分到演出部分 |
[04:17] | But you will. You’re gonna be the star. I know it. | 但你会分配到的 你会成为明星的 我知道 |
[04:20] | Please hold. Guys, Derek Masters’s dad is on the phone. | 请稍等 各位 德里克·马斯特的爸爸来电话了 |
[04:23] | Derek needs a sitter every Thursday for the next few weeks. | 德里克在接下来几周的 每个周四都需要一位保姆 |
[04:26] | Wait, TikTok “Derek the Superbrat” Derek Masters? | 等等 抖音“超级顽童德里克” 德里克·马斯特? |
[04:28] | [Mallory] Oh my God. | 我的天啊 |
[04:29] | He is the most followed TikTokker under ten. | 他是十岁以下粉丝数最多的人 |
[04:32] | He’s from Stoneybrook? | -他从斯托尼布鲁克来吗? -他在城里时 他以前是三胞胎的朋友 |
[04:33] | When he’s in town. He used to be friends with the triplets back in the day. | |
[04:36] | Claudia, you’re free. Oh, and Jessi too! | 克劳迪娅 你可以去 还有杰西! |
[04:38] | – No ballet on Thursdays. – [Jessi] I’m free? | -周四不用跳芭蕾舞 -我有空吗? |
[04:40] | I’ll take it! Can I take it? | 我来!能让我来吗? |
[04:43] | – Do you mind? – No. Take it. | -你介意吗? -不会 去吧 |
[04:45] | [Jessi] Finally. My crazy dance schedule was letting me take a babysitting job. | 终于 我疯狂的舞蹈日程 能让我去做保姆了 |
[04:49] | And kind of the chillest one ever. | 也是最放松的一次 |
[04:52] | I mean, Derek Masters might be a kid, but he was a real star. | 德里克·马斯特可能还是个孩子 但他是个真正的明星 |
[04:56] | And I was determined to show Madame that I was one too. | 我下定决心要向夫人证明我也是 我在看德里克·马斯特 著名的喷史莱姆视频 |
[05:00] | [Mallory] I’m watching Derek Masters’ slime-squirting video. | |
[05:02] | Did you know he gets paid by the viewer? He has, like, millions of viewers. | 你知道吗?他有几百万播放量 |
[05:06] | Don’t mind me. | 不用理我 |
[05:08] | Just your friendly neighborhood mother here to do your chores. | 只是你们友好的邻家妈妈 来做你们的家务 |
[05:11] | I’m sorry, Mom. I meant to take all that down. | 我很抱歉 妈妈 我本来想把这些都拿下来 |
[05:13] | Squirt gave Mr. Buns a juice bath, so I needed to do a load anyway. | 小屁孩给兔子先生来了次果汁浴 所以我不管怎样都要洗一下 |
[05:17] | Mrs. Ramsey, guess what? | 拉姆齐夫人 你猜怎么着? |
[05:19] | Jessi is going to babysit an actual celebrity. Derek Masters. | 杰西要去照顾真正的名人了 德里克·马斯特 |
[05:22] | He unboxes, and then he re-boxes. | 他拆箱 然后再重新装箱 |
[05:26] | When he was two, a video of him wearing a cape | 他两岁的时候 穿着披肩 |
[05:27] | and pretending to be a super villain named Superbrat went viral. | 装作一个叫“超级顽童”的恶棍 这个视频火遍全网 现在他有了自己的品牌 你看 |
[05:30] | Now he’s a brand unto himself. Look. | |
[05:34] | I’m Derek the Superbrat, | 我是超级顽童德里克 |
[05:35] | and today I’ve got this slime gun that fires gooey… | 今天我拿了一把 可以发射胶粘弹的史莱姆枪… |
[05:38] | Whatever happened to just being a kid with memories that are private? | 不是说好要做一个 有隐私记忆的孩子吗? |
[05:43] | Oh, don’t turn it on yet. | 先别启动 |
[05:45] | It makes the mirrors vibrate. | 那会让镜子震动 |
[05:46] | I’m trying to work my jeté since the Saturday clinic is out. | 因为去不了周六的补习班 所以我在努力弥补 |
[05:50] | Uh-huh. Well, after you eat dinner, and finish your homework, | 嗯 等你吃完饭 写完作业 |
[05:53] | the washing machine will be all finished and you can jeté until your feet fall off. | 洗衣机也会洗完衣服了 你想练习你的越步多久都可以 |
[05:57] | [Mallory giggles] | |
[06:00] | Now come on. Don’t let the rolls get cold. | 现在来吧 别让晚饭放凉了 |
[06:03] | Did you hear that? How dismissive she was. | 你听到了吗? 她有多么不屑一顾 |
[06:06] | I mean, I need space to work. Why can’t she see that? | 我是说 我需要工作的空间 为什么她注意不到呢? |
[06:10] | I mean, they… They built you a literal space. | 我是说 他们给你建了一个真正的空间 |
[06:13] | But yes, obviously I’m on your side. | 但没错 显然我是站在你这边的 |
[06:15] | Mal, I forgot. Did you want to stay for dinner? | 小马 我差点忘了 你想留下来吃晚餐吗? |
[06:17] | – God, yes! – [Janice laughs] | 天啊 想! |
[06:20] | What? At home I’m basically a waiter and I don’t even have a tuxedo. | 怎么了?在家里我基本上就是服务生 而我连燕尾服都没有 |
[06:23] | Oh. Hey, baby. | 嗨 宝贝 |
[06:25] | – Hey, Mallory. – Hi, Mr. Ramsey. | -嗨 马洛里 -嗨 拉姆齐先生 |
[06:27] | Apple juice. [chuckles] | 苹果汁 |
[06:30] | – [Mr. Ramsey] Y’all coming up? – In a second. | -你们要上来吗? -一会儿就去 |
[06:32] | [Jessi] I was just trying to do my best. | 我只是想拼尽全力 |
[06:34] | Stand out at my new school. Why couldn’t my parents support that? | 在新学校中脱颖而出 为什么我父母不支持我呢? |
[06:39] | [Janice] Jessica. Now. | 杰西卡 快点 |
[06:41] | [Jessi] Why did they have to be such… parents? | 他们为什么要当这样的家长? |
[06:43] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[06:44] | [Jessi] A few days later, I met a dad who knew how to be on his kid’s team. | 几天后 我遇到了一个 知道怎么成为孩子团队伙伴的爸爸 |
[06:48] | I mean, he even had team shirts. | 我是说 他还有队服 |
[06:50] | We are in the home stretch of our promotional holiday series. | 我们的促销假日系列 已经到了最后阶段 |
[06:54] | People need gift ideas and they trust Derek’s opinion. | 人们需要关于礼物的创意 他们相信德瑞克的意见 |
[06:57] | Now, if you two can get at least one video done while I’m gone, that would be great. | 如果你们能趁我不在的时候 拍出至少一条视频 会很棒的 |
[07:02] | But no need to over-direct him, right? | 但没必要过度指导他 好吧? |
[07:05] | I just give him the space for him to shine, you know? | 我就是给他空间让他发挥 你明白吗? |
[07:08] | – Totally. – Great. | -完全明白 -很好 |
[07:10] | Derek can guide you through everything. You just need to run the camera. | 德里克可以指导你做一切 你只需要帮他录一下 |
[07:14] | Okay. Anything else I need know, Mr. Masters? | 好 还有什么我需要知道的吗 马斯特先生? |
[07:16] | Emergency numbers, allergies… | 紧急电话、过敏源… |
[07:18] | It’s Chaz. | 叫我查兹 |
[07:19] | Airdropped you everything. Snacks are in the fridge. | 我隔空传送了你需要的一切 零食在冰箱里 |
[07:23] | Oh, but no dairy. Phlegm’s bad for his voice. | 但没有乳制品 痰会影响他的声音 |
[07:27] | Uh, I’m meeting with his manager. Should only take a couple of hours. | 我要去见他的经纪人 应该只需要几个小时 |
[07:31] | Hey, Derek! Anything you want me to ask Artie before your callback? | 喂 德里克!在你回电之前 你有什么想让我问下阿蒂吗? |
[07:35] | – Nah, I’m feeling pretty ready. – Yeah, you are. | -没有 我感觉准备好了 -是的 你准备好了 |
[07:37] | Move over Harry Styles, huh? | 跳过哈利的风格 好吗? |
[07:39] | – Hey, Jessi. You are a star. – [phone rings] | 喂 杰西 你就是明星 |
[07:41] | Artie? Yes, yes! I am on my way. But just saw your email. | 阿蒂?对!我在路上了 但我看过你的邮件了 |
[07:46] | Loving a young Chalamet direction for his new headshots. | 因为他的新头像 挺喜欢年轻的查拉米特… |
[07:51] | So what would you like to do first? We could play a game or… | 你想先做什么? 我们可以玩个游戏或者… |
[07:54] | Let’s just shoot. Hit the switch. | 我们就开始拍摄吧 打开开关 |
[08:04] | Your dad mentioned a callback? | 你爸爸说你要回电? |
[08:06] | Yeah. It’s for this new TV show where a kid gets elected president. | 对 是为了 一个新电视节目 孩子们来竞选主席 |
[08:09] | It’s down to me and one other kid for the chief of staff part. | 到了我和另一个孩子的幕僚长部分 |
[08:12] | That’s awesome. | 太棒了 |
[08:13] | – Can you hand me that HDMI cable? – [Jessi] Sure. | 能把那根HDMI线给我吗? 当然 |
[08:18] | Whoa. You do yoga? | 哇 你会瑜伽吗? |
[08:19] | Ballet. | 芭蕾 |
[08:21] | Cool. In the city? | 酷 在城里吗? |
[08:22] | I mean, if by “the city” you mean Stamford. | 如果“城里”是指斯坦福的话 |
[08:25] | I actually have an audition coming up too, but it’s not like a TV show or anything. | 我其实真要去参加试镜 但不是电视节目那种 |
[08:29] | An audition is an audition. | 试镜就是试镜 |
[08:31] | My dad says it’s your job to walk in and show ’em what you’ve got. | 我爸爸说 你的工作就是 走进去给大家看看你有什么本事 |
[08:34] | And when you’re the best, they can’t say no. | 如果你是最厉害的 他们就没法拒绝 |
[08:39] | [Jessi] Derek was right. | 德里克说得对 |
[08:40] | I had gotten into my head | 当我需要放下一切杂念的时候 我却让它们干扰到了我的内心 |
[08:41] | when I really needed to leave it all on the floor. | |
[08:45] | And during the final class before Madame announced her decisions, I did. | 在夫人宣布决定前的最后一节课上 我就是这样做的 |
[08:49] | Along with every electrolyte in my body. | 以及我体内所有的电解质 |
[08:52] | I think I spun out a lung during those fouettés. | 我觉得我在摆腿的时候都要吐出来了 |
[08:55] | The Saturday jeté clinic helped, right? | 周六的越步补习帮了大忙 是吧? |
[08:58] | [Madame Noelle] Mes petites, | 我的小可爱们 |
[08:59] | the lead role of Snow Queen in the winter recital will be danced by | 冬季舞会上《冰雪女王》的领舞部分 将交给 |
[09:04] | Miranda Rose. | 米兰达·罗斯 |
[09:05] | [applauding] | 太棒了! |
[09:09] | And the wind variation by Clementine Anderson. | 还有克莱曼婷·安德森 负责风向变化部分 至于你们其他人… |
[09:12] | – [applauding] – As for the rest of you… | |
[09:14] | [Jessi] I was an icicle. | 我演一个冰柱 |
[09:16] | Corps de Ballet. The leftovers. | 芭蕾伴舞 是残羹剩饭 |
[09:19] | Madame didn’t even say my name. | 夫人连我的名字都没提 |
[09:22] | – [Madame Noelle]…is very challenging. – [phone buzzes] | …很有挑战性 |
[09:24] | [Madame Noelle] Your work is to be identical to the person… | 你的工作和那个人完全一样… |
[09:28] | [Jessi] I could barely wrap my head around not getting a real part, | 我是说 我几乎无法接受 自己一个像样的角色都没分到 |
[09:32] | but the idea of my friends knowing I had failed? | 但让我的朋友知道我失败了? (杰西:!) |
[09:40] | That really had me spinning, and not in a fouetté kind of way. | 这真的让我动摇了 不是单足尖旋转那种动摇 |
[09:44] | So the nature scavenger hunt might work, but… | 所以大自然寻宝游戏也许有效果 但… |
[09:47] | Hey, Stace, do you think poison ivy still grows in winter? | 喂 史黛丝 你觉得冬天外面还有毒藤吗? |
[09:50] | Too soon, Kristy. | 太早了 克里斯蒂 |
[09:52] | – Still! God. – [giggling] | -坚持住! -天啊 |
[09:54] | What about the movies? What’s wrong with the movies? It’s fun and it’s warm. | 那看电影呢? 电影怎么了?既有趣又温暖 |
[09:58] | It’s also screen time. | 但也算孩子们的荧幕时间 |
[10:00] | Okay, but what if we did like an educational talk-back at the end? | 好吧 但如果我们做的像一个 最后的回顾呢? |
[10:04] | About what we thought worked and what didn’t. | 关于我们认为有用和没用的问题 |
[10:06] | Yeah. And we could get the kids to figure out | 对 我们可以让孩子们根据 |
[10:08] | how much a single Sour Patch Kid costs | 一整盒的价格算一下 |
[10:10] | depending on the price of the box and other boring math stuff. | 一根酸甜糖的单价 还有其他无聊的数学问题 |
[10:13] | – I’ll help with the math. – Okay. | -我可以在数学上帮忙 -好吧 |
[10:15] | Mary Anne, see what’s opening and check for available showtimes. | 玛丽·安 看看有哪些影院开门 检查下可用的放映时间 |
[10:19] | Showtimes. That reminds me. Jessi, how’d it go with the recital? | 放映时间 提醒了我 杰西 舞会怎么样了? |
[10:24] | She got the lead! | 她拿到领舞了! |
[10:25] | – No way! – You didn’t! | -不是吧! -你不是吧! |
[10:27] | No way! Jessi, that’s amazing! | 不可能吧!杰西 太疯狂了! |
[10:29] | [Jessi] “There are no small roles, only small dancers.” | “没有差劲的角色 只有差劲的舞者” |
[10:32] | Whoever said that clearly never had to play an icicle. | 不管是谁说得 显然她没有演过冰柱 |
[10:36] | [classical music playing] | |
[10:38] | But my friends were so excited. | 但我的朋友们都非常兴奋 |
[10:42] | And at least there could be one place I got to feel like a star. | 至少还有一个地方 让我觉得自己像个明星 |
[10:45] | [clapping] | |
[10:46] | Stop. Stop the music. | 停下 停止音乐 |
[11:01] | Again from the top, Miranda. | 从上一幕再来 米兰达 |
[11:03] | [classical music resumes] | |
[11:07] | Hey, Supremes! It’s Derek the Superbrat. | 嗨 超级英雄们! 这里是超级顽童德里克 |
[11:10] | And I was thinking, what if your hunger for fashion could feed others? | 我最近在想 你对时尚的渴望能不能养活别人呢? |
[11:14] | Food for thought. Okay, let’s get to the fun part. | 值得思考 好了 让我们开始有趣的部分 |
[11:17] | My neck looks weird. Let’s reshoot from a different angle. | 我的脖子看起来好奇怪 我们从另一个角度重新拍摄吧 我会重新调整下 很好 |
[11:20] | – I’ll reset. – Great. | |
[11:25] | Any news about your callback yet? | 有没有关于你回电的消息? |
[11:27] | Soon, I hope. How about ballet? | 希望马上能有 芭蕾怎么样? |
[11:30] | [Jessi] Somehow, I felt like I could talk to Derek. | 不知为什么 我觉得我可以和德里克谈谈 |
[11:33] | Pro to pro. Or whatever I was. | 专业人士之间的对话 或是说我以前是那样的 |
[11:36] | I’m an icicle. | 我演根冰柱 |
[11:37] | Is that good? | 这很棒吗? |
[11:39] | It’s background. | 就是个背景 |
[11:41] | You know, I’ve been dancing my whole life, and now, | 我一辈子都在跳舞 而现在 |
[11:46] | it’s just like, what’s the point? | 就像是 这一切意义是什么? |
[11:48] | Well, maybe it’s not the right fit. | 也许不太适合你 |
[11:52] | If you wanna make a name for yourself, | 如果你想让自己出名 |
[11:54] | you should try building an online platform. | 你可以试试构建一个在线平台 |
[11:57] | And from there on, you can do sponsorships and acting. | 从那起步 你可以拉赞助和表演 |
[11:59] | I don’t know. I’ve… I’ve always just been a dancer. | 我不知道 我一直是个舞者 |
[12:03] | And I was just a baby pretending to be a super villain. | 我一直就是个假装超级坏蛋的孩子 |
[12:06] | Now millions of people all over the world know my name. | 现在全世界成千上万的人 都知道我的名字 |
[12:10] | [Jessi] Maybe Derek was right. | 也许德里克是对的 |
[12:13] | I had this big dance fairy tale in my head my whole life, | 我这辈子脑海里一直浮现着 一个关于舞蹈的童话故事 |
[12:16] | but no one was paying attention anymore. | 但没有人再进一步关注了 |
[12:19] | Maybe I should have been dancing on TikTok, | 也许我应该在抖音上开始跳舞 |
[12:21] | getting clicks and endorsement opportunities and fame. | 获取播放量、支持的机会、还有名气 |
[12:24] | Being a star. A real star. | 成为明星 真正的明星 |
[12:27] | Who wouldn’t want that? | 谁会不想呢? |
[12:28] | Besides my parents. Specifically, my mom. | 除了我父母 尤其是 我妈妈 |
[12:32] | She was going to need convincing, which is why I knew I needed backup. | 她需要我去说服她 所以我知道我需要支援 |
[12:36] | And you chose me? | 然后你选择了我? |
[12:37] | Stacey told me how you got your dad to loosen up, and he’s a lawyer, right? | 斯黛西告诉我 你如何让你爸爸放手 而且他是个律师 对吧? |
[12:41] | So you must have some serious debate skills. | 所以你一定有厉害的说服技巧 |
[12:43] | Yeah, I guess, but it wasn’t court. | 没错 我想是吧 但不是在法庭上 而一直以来 |
[12:45] | More like, “What about a half ponytail instead of braids the entire time?” | 更像是“用半马尾辫 代替辫子怎么样?” |
[12:49] | – Hey, Mom. – Hi. | -嗨 妈妈 -嗨 |
[12:50] | Dinner is ready. | 晚餐准备好了 |
[12:52] | Just put Squirt down for the night | 今晚就把喷水枪放一放 |
[12:54] | and we will eat as soon as Daddy and Becca get home. | 等爸爸和贝卡一回来我们就开始吃饭 |
[12:57] | Thank you so much for having me. Dinner smells delicious. | 谢谢你邀请我 晚餐闻起来好香 |
[13:00] | I wore almost your exact outfit all of high school. | 我高中时几乎就是你这样的打扮 |
[13:03] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[13:04] | We were right near Silvercup Studios in Queens, | 我们当时就住在皇后区银杯影视附近 |
[13:07] | and I kept thinking I was gonna get discovered and become a star. | 我一直觉得自己会被发掘成为明星 我的天啊 就像杰西一样 |
[13:10] | Oh my gosh, just like Jessi! | |
[13:14] | Wh… what do you mean? | 你说的是什么意思? |
[13:15] | I might need to try a different strategy for my career. | 我的职业生涯可能需要尝试 不同的策略 |
[13:19] | Your what? | 你的什么? |
[13:20] | I’ve been focusing so much on ballet | 我一直以来太集中在芭蕾身上了 |
[13:23] | when what I really need to start doing is building my online presence. | 我真的需要开始着手构建 我的网络形象 |
[13:27] | Chaz says most casting directors | 查兹说大多数选角导演都喜欢 已经有自己平台的人 等等 关注? |
[13:28] | are looking for people who already have a platform. | |
[13:31] | Wait. Um, attention? | |
[13:34] | Casting directors? Chaz? | 选角导演 查兹? |
[13:36] | Dance isn’t getting me anywhere and Chaz, Derek Masters’s dad… | 舞蹈不能带我去所有地方 而查兹… -德里克·马斯特的爸爸… -装箱男孩? |
[13:41] | The boxing boy? | |
[13:42] | Unboxing. | 开箱 |
[13:43] | But he’s really moved on from that. | 但他真的开始不局限于此了 |
[13:45] | He makes all this money and he has millions of fans. | 他赚了这么多钱 还有上千万的粉丝 |
[13:48] | Yeah, he made a really cute video about puppies doing yoga. I think. | 对 他拍了一段很可爱的 关于宠物们做瑜伽的视频 我记得 |
[13:54] | I could start posting right away, | 我可以马上开始发布 |
[13:56] | and I was thinking I could use my dance space to film stuff in. | 我觉得我可以用我的舞蹈空间来拍摄 |
[13:59] | Derek and Chaz said they would both follow me and signal boost. | 德里克和查兹说 他们都可以在平台上关注我 你具体打算什么时候做这些? |
[14:03] | When exactly were you planning to do all this? | |
[14:05] | On top of schoolwork, babysitting, and four weekly ballet classes. | 除去功课、做保姆 和每周四次的芭蕾舞课程的时间 |
[14:09] | Do you plan to sleep? Do I get to sleep? | 你还想睡觉吗?我还能睡吗? |
[14:12] | I’m gonna quit ballet. | 我要放弃芭蕾了 |
[14:15] | Oh no, you are not quitting ballet. | 不行 你不会放弃芭蕾的 |
[14:18] | – But it’s not working, Mom. – Not working? | -但芭蕾没什么用 妈妈 -没什么用? |
[14:21] | You got into a ballet school that you have been begging to go to for three years. | 你成功进入了 你渴望了三年的芭蕾舞学校 |
[14:25] | That our family, as a family, has made all kinds of sacrifices for. | 我们的家庭 作为一家人 为此做出了各种牺牲 |
[14:30] | You just don’t understand. | 你就是不明白 |
[14:32] | I do. You didn’t get a big part in your winter show. | 我明白 你没能在冬季舞会中 扮演重要角色 |
[14:34] | You’re not the center of attention. | 你不是人们关注的中心 |
[14:36] | So now you want to throw years of hard work, discipline, and focus away. | 所以现在 你就想放弃 多年的努力、训练和集中的精力 |
[14:41] | Your ego can’t take it, so you’re gonna be an Internet celebrity. | 你的自负无法接受这一切 所以你想成为网络名人 |
[14:44] | Jessica, you wanna quit ballet because you don’t like it anymore? Fine. | 杰西卡 你不想跳芭蕾 是因为你不再喜欢了?行 |
[14:48] | But you are not quitting | 但你不能因为 |
[14:50] | just because you didn’t get exactly what you wanted when you wanted it. | 你没有得到你想要的东西就退出 |
[14:53] | And certainly not so you can make YouTube videos of yourself | 我当然不允许 你在视频网站频道上发布自己 |
[14:58] | fooling around with packing materials in my laundry room. | 在我的洗衣房里摆弄包装材料的视频 |
[15:01] | Becca was on fire… today. | 贝卡今天太棒了 |
[15:05] | [sternly] Time to eat. | 该吃饭了 |
[15:07] | This is Mary Anne. | 这位是玛丽·安 |
[15:09] | Hi, Mr. Ramsey. | 嗨 拉姆齐先生 |
[15:11] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[15:14] | [sighs] | |
[15:22] | Please don’t tell the other girls about my part in the show. | 拜托别告诉其他女孩 我在舞台上负责的部分 |
[15:25] | – Jessi, I promise nobody’s gonna care… – [Jessi] I care. | -杰西 我保证没人会在乎… -我在乎 |
[15:29] | I lied because I was embarrassed, and now I’m even more embarrassed. | 我说谎是因为我觉得很尴尬 现在还更尴尬了 |
[15:33] | Please. | 求你了 |
[15:36] | Okay. | 好 |
[15:37] | [Janice] Jessica, now! | 杰西卡 快点! |
[15:40] | [Jessi] Coming! | 来了! |
[15:45] | [Chaz] Well, I don’t care who the other kid is, Artie. | 我不在乎另一个孩子是谁 阿蒂 |
[15:49] | No, look, this is inexcusable. | 不对 听着 这是不可原谅的 |
[15:51] | Okay, we are gonna be thinking about alternative representation. | 好吧 我们要考虑另一位经纪人了 |
[15:54] | I gotta go. More soon. | 我必须要挂了 很快 |
[15:56] | Jess, thanks for coming over. | 杰西 谢谢你过来 |
[15:58] | Is everything okay? | 一切都没事吧? |
[16:00] | Derek didn’t land Kidmander-in-Chief. But it is their loss. | 德里克没能进入“儿童幕僚长”的部分 但这是他们的损失 |
[16:03] | We are gonna use this momentum | 我们要利用这股动力 |
[16:05] | and bounce back into the next thing. Right, bud? | 在下一件事情上强势回归 对吧? |
[16:09] | – Right. – Yeah. | -没错 -对 |
[16:10] | Really push the comedy in his shoots today. | 今天要真正地把喜剧放到他的拍摄里 |
[16:14] | Derek, you got this. Right? | 德里克 你可以的 对吧? |
[16:16] | We’re gonna show them funny and then right back on top. | 我们要给他们看看有趣的 然后再回到首位 |
[16:19] | – Huh? I love you. – Okay. Love you too. | -嗯?爱你 -好 我也爱你 |
[16:21] | Yeah. Chaz here. I’m sorry, I’m running a little late. | 对 我是查兹 我很抱歉 我有点晚了 |
[16:28] | He gets so anxious. | 他很焦虑 |
[16:31] | – My career means a lot to him, I guess. – What about you? | 我的事业对他很重要 我觉得 那你呢? 我这个月的播放量下降了 |
[16:34] | [sighs] My views were down this month. | |
[16:37] | And I heard him mention the mortgage to my manager, so… | 我听到他跟我的经纪人 提了抵押贷款的事 所以… |
[16:42] | You know what? Let’s just do this. | 你知道吗?我们开始吧 |
[16:45] | [Jessi] Derek had the weight of the world on his shoulders. | 德里克肩负着全世界的压力 |
[16:49] | But a ballet dancer is supposed to look weightless. | 但芭蕾舞者应该会看起来更轻松 |
[16:53] | [classical music playing] | |
[17:00] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[17:02] | Changement. Come on. Put down the camera and join me. | 交叉步 来吧 放下摄影机加入我 |
[17:07] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[17:13] | [giggling] | |
[17:18] | Okay, so what do you feel like doing right now? | 好吧 你现在想做什么? |
[17:21] | What do you want more than anything else in the world? | 你在这世上最想要的是什么? |
[17:25] | Ice cream! | 冰淇淋 |
[17:27] | Mmm. | |
[17:31] | We probably should have let it freeze a bit longer, but I couldn’t wait. | 我们也许应该让这个再冻一会儿 但我等不及了 |
[17:34] | How do you know how to do this anyway? | 你是怎么知道如何做这个的? |
[17:36] | My mom. It’s her go-to rainy day activity. | 我妈妈 这是她下雨天的居家活动 |
[17:39] | Your mom lets you have ice cream? Even with all that ballet? | 你妈妈让你吃这么多冰淇淋? 即使你还有那么多芭蕾练习? |
[17:42] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[17:44] | [Chaz] I’m home. | 我回来了 |
[17:45] | She just wants me to be a kid. | 她只是想让我当小孩子 |
[17:48] | You know? | 你知道吗? 你妈妈听起来不错 而且很有趣 |
[17:49] | [sighs] Your mom sounds nice. And fun. | |
[17:53] | – Hey, buddy. What you got there? – Hey. | -嗨 朋友 你们在干什么? -嗨 |
[17:55] | Jessi taught me how to make ice cream in jars. | 杰西教我如何用罐子做冰淇淋 |
[17:58] | We used milk but my throat feels fine. | 我们加了牛奶 但我的喉咙感觉很好 |
[18:00] | [chuckles] Can’t wait to see the footage. | 等不及要看录像了 |
[18:03] | Oh. | |
[18:06] | We didn’t film it. | 我们还没拍 |
[18:10] | You didn’t film it? | 你们没拍? |
[18:12] | We thought it would be nice to do something just for fun. | 我们觉得做一些 单纯为了好玩的事情会很不错 |
[18:15] | Guys. | 两位 |
[18:16] | Look, recording doesn’t make something not fun. | 听着 录像又不会让事情变得不好玩 我必须要跟你的经纪人谈谈这些 |
[18:20] | [sighs] I’m gonna have to talk to your manager about this. | |
[18:27] | [Jessi] My manager? Obviously, I didn’t have a manager. | 我的经纪人?显然 我没有经纪人 |
[18:31] | Which meant there was only one person Chaz could call. | 也就是说查兹只可能打给一个人 (马斯特) |
[18:38] | – Hello? – Kristy Thomas here. | -喂? -我是克里斯蒂·托马斯 |
[18:40] | Founder and president of The Baby-Sitters Club. | 保姆俱乐部的创始人兼主席 |
[18:44] | Make as much content as you want, Mr. Masters. | 请您尽管发表意见 马斯特先生 |
[18:47] | Obviously you and Derek have a good thing going here. | 显然你和德里克在这里很开心 |
[18:50] | But my thing is babysitting, | 但我的职能是保姆 |
[18:53] | not production assisting. | 不是拍摄助理 |
[18:56] | It’s just a lot. | 有太多要关心了 |
[18:59] | You know, doing this all on my own, worrying about Derek. | 我自己一个人在做这些 担心德里克 |
[19:02] | – His career. The future. – I get it. | -他的事业、未来 -我懂 |
[19:05] | I was raised by a single mother. | 我是单亲妈妈抚养长大的 |
[19:07] | But, uh, | 但别跟我的保姆发火 好吗? |
[19:10] | don’t get short with my babysitters, okay? | |
[19:14] | Yeah. | 好 |
[19:15] | [phone chimes] | |
[19:18] | Oh, sorry. It’s my work line. | 抱歉 是我的工作电话 |
[19:20] | Please. I understand. | 请接吧 我理解的 (玛丽·安:你买电影票了吗?) (克里斯蒂:还在等团购优惠) (玛丽·安:很好 带孩子们去哪 我有个更好的主意) |
[19:34] | Want to try some homemade ice cream? | 你想尝尝自制的冰淇淋吗? 查兹不是个坏人 |
[19:38] | [Jessi] Chaz wasn’t a bad guy. | |
[19:41] | He’d just forgotten that while Derek might have a career, | 他只是忘记了 德里克虽然可能有事业要忙 |
[19:45] | he was still a kid. | 但他还是个孩子 |
[19:48] | And sometimes he just needed to do things because they made him happy. | 有时候他需要做一些让他开心的事 |
[19:54] | [classical music playing] | |
[20:01] | She was wonderful. | 她太棒了 |
[20:03] | I knew she was good, but I’d never seen her like this. | 我知道她很出色 但我从没见过这样的她 |
[20:06] | What had changed? | 是哪里不一样了? |
[20:10] | And then I caught a glimpse of her smile when she wasn’t even facing the audience. | 然后我撇到了她背对观众时 露出的笑容 我知道原因了 因为我三岁的时候也像她一样 |
[20:15] | And I knew why. Because she felt just like me when I was three years old. | |
[20:21] | Because she felt like she was going to twirl forever. | 因为她觉得她会永远会这样旋转下去 |
[20:24] | – Look at her! – I know. | 看看她! 我知道 |
[20:29] | [Madame Noelle] Ready, ladies? Shoulders back. | 准备好了吗 女士们? 肩膀向后 |
[20:55] | [crowd applauding] | |
[21:01] | [Jessi] It was the best I had danced in a long time, | 这是我这么久以来跳得最好的一次 |
[21:03] | even if no one noticed me, | 即使没人注意到我 |
[21:05] | because I realized the only person I needed to dance for was… | 因为我意识到 我唯一需要为之起舞的人只有… |
[21:08] | – Jessi! | – Jessi! 杰西! |
[21:10] | [excited chatter] | |
[21:12] | [Stacey] I stan! And your tiara! | 我为之倾倒!还有你的头冠! |
[21:14] | Charlotte, thank you! [gasps] Myriah, I love purple. | 夏洛特 谢谢你! 米利亚 我喜欢紫色 |
[21:17] | Don’t get mad. I know you didn’t want us to come, but I thought… | 别生气 我知道你不希望我们来 但我觉得… |
[21:20] | You were amazing! Serious Balanchine vibes. | 你太棒了!真的有巴兰契安的感觉 |
[21:23] | The way you were the icicle, chills. Literal and figurative. | 你扮演冰柱的样子 冷酷极了 既是字面意思也是比喻 |
[21:26] | [Jessi] Thank you, guys. | 谢谢你们 各位 |
[21:28] | Mal, don’t cry. | 小马 别哭 |
[21:29] | [all] Aw! | |
[21:31] | Um, I have many, many gushing points about what an unbelievable athlete you are, | 我有很多话要说 你是一个多么不可思议的运动员 |
[21:35] | but the children are scattering. | 但孩子们走散了 |
[21:37] | Oh, um… | |
[21:39] | [girl] Dylan? Peter? | -迪伦?皮特? -我知道你不希望我们来 |
[21:40] | I know you didn’t want us to come, | |
[21:41] | but I just thought everyone needed to see what a star you are. | 但我觉得每个人都需要看看 你是怎样的明星 |
[21:44] | That we’re always gonna show up for you, no matter what. | 无论如何我们都要出现在你面前 |
[21:47] | Hold on, I have more notes in my phone that I think… | 等等 我手机里还有更多我觉得… 等等 你们是怎么过来的? 别告诉我克里斯蒂会偷偷开车 |
[21:54] | Wait, how did you all get here? Don’t tell me Kristy can secretly drive. | |
[21:57] | Trust me, she can’t. I called your mom. | 相信我 她不会 我给你妈妈打电话了 |
[22:01] | She agreed that the whole team should be here. | 她同意整个团队都过来 |
[22:04] | [Jessi] Thank you, Mom. | 谢谢你 妈妈 |
[22:05] | Oh, honey. What’s driving a van to Stamford? | 亲爱的 还有谁能把车开到斯坦福? 我睡着的时候都可以 也这么做了 宝贝 我真为你骄傲 |
[22:08] | I can do it in my sleep. And have. | |
[22:10] | – [giggling] – Baby, I am so proud of you. | |
[22:15] | – You were amazing, hon. Congratulations. – Thanks, Dad. | 你太棒了 -恭喜你 -谢谢 |
[22:17] | [chuckling] | |
[22:21] | – These are for you. – I can’t believe you came. | -这些是给你的 -我不敢相信你来了 |
[22:25] | I told my Dad I had to. | 我跟我爸爸说了我必须来 |
[22:27] | I had to see you dance at least once before we moved to LA. | 在我们搬到洛杉矶之前 我至少要看你跳一次舞 |
[22:29] | LA? | 洛杉矶? |
[22:31] | My new agent says it’s the only place to be if I want to act. | 我的新经纪人说如果我想演戏 那是我必须要去的地方 |
[22:34] | I gotta try, right? | 我总要试试 对吧? |
[22:36] | – Yeah. – [chuckles] | 对 |
[22:37] | Seriously, though, you looked so great up there. And happy. | 说真的 你在舞台上面看起来好棒 而且很开心 |
[22:40] | [Jessi] I was. | 是的 |
[22:41] | It didn’t matter if I wasn’t the star, or even the best dancer at school. Yet. | 即便我还不是明星也不是学校里 最棒的舞者 目前为止 |
[22:46] | Okay, Stoneybrook group, follow me! | 好 斯托尼布鲁克小组 跟我来! |
[22:48] | [Jessi] I didn’t need to be so worried about the future. I was just a kid. | 我不需要那么担心未来 我只是个孩子 |
[22:54] | – Here we go! – Here you are! | -来了! -给你们! |
[22:57] | – Thank you! – That looks so good, okay! | -谢谢! -看起来好好吃 好! |
[23:01] | [Jessi] And thanks to my friends, and my family, that was all I had to be. | 多亏了我的朋友、我的家人 我只需要做孩子就可以 |
[23:07] | Let’s get a picture. | 我们拍张照吧 |
[23:08] | Did you have that with you the whole time? | 你一直都带着自拍杆吗? |
[23:10] | You know it. | 你知道的 |
[23:11] | [laughing] | |
[23:12] | Okay, one, two, three… | 好了 一、二、三… (根据安·马丁的系列小说改编) |
[23:15] | ♪ Ain’t it amazing ♪ | |
[23:18] | ♪ So fascinating ♪ | |
[23:22] | ♪ We’re along for the ride We live a magical life ♪ | |
[23:26] | ♪ Baby, ain’t it amazing ♪ | |
[23:30] | ♪ Ba, ba, ba, ba, da, da, da Ba, ba, ba, da, da, da ♪ | |
[23:38] | ♪ Ba, ba, ba, ba, da, da, da Ba, ba, ba, da, da, da ♪ | |
[23:48] | ♪ We’re dancin’ in the street ♪ | |
[23:51] | ♪ We’re gonna testify ♪ | |
[23:55] | ♪ Knock you out of your seat ♪ | |
[23:59] | ♪ We’ll take you by surprise ♪ | |
[24:03] | ♪ Life gives us a sense of humor ♪ | |
[24:07] | ♪ We’re optimistic for the future ♪ | |
[24:10] | ♪ Whoa ♪ | |
[24:13] | ♪ Ain’t it amazing ♪ | |
[24:17] | ♪ So fascinating ♪ | |
[24:22] | ♪ We’re along for the ride We live a magical life ♪ | |
[24:26] | ♪ Baby, ain’t it amazing ♪ |