时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Ok, we’ve got the power to the laser. | 搞定 激光接上电源了 |
[00:06] | I should’ve brought an umbrella. | 我应该带把伞来的 |
[00:09] | What for? It’s not gonna rain. | 作甚啊 又不会下雨 |
[00:10] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[00:11] | But with skin as fair as mine, moon burn is real possibility. | 但我如此白嫩的肌肤还是有可能被月光灼伤的 |
[00:16] | That’s a “Bazinga,” Right? | 这是个”逗你玩儿” 对吧 |
[00:18] | One of my best, don’t you think? | 我的巅峰之作 你觉得呢 |
[00:23] | Howard, do you want to double-check the equatorial mount on the laser? | 霍华德 你要不要再检查一下 激光上的赤道仪装置 |
[00:26] | We need it locked onto the Sea of Tranquility. | 我们得把它锁定到”宁静之海”上 [月面某部名称] |
[00:28] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[00:29] | Oh, Raj, no. | 天 拉杰 别这样 |
[00:32] | Billions of dollars have gone into inventing the Internet | 人们花了无数美元发明了英特网 |
[00:35] | and filling it with pictures of naked women, | 并在上面发了无数艳照 |
[00:37] | so we don’t have to peep through windows. | 就是为了让我们不需要通过窗户来偷窥啊 |
[00:39] | It’s not like that. | 我才没有呢 |
[00:41] | I’m watching someone’s TV. | 我只不过在看别人的电视而已 |
[00:42] | The Good Wife is on. | 正在播《傲骨贤妻》呢 |
[00:45] | I tell you, this is my new Grey’s Anatomy. | 告诉你 这就是我的新《实习医生格蕾》 |
[00:49] | Leonard, Leonard. | 莱纳德 莱纳德 |
[00:50] | What is that? What is that? | 那是啥 那是啥 |
[00:53] | Relax, it’s just a dirty sock. | 别紧张 不就是只脏袜子嘛 |
[00:56] | How on earth can you say | 你怎么可以如此淡定的把 |
[00:57] | “Dirty sock” And “Relax” In the same sentence? | “脏袜子”和”别紧张”放在同一句话里 |
[01:01] | Sheldon, the world is filled with dirty discarded socks. | 谢尔顿 这个世界上到处都有被遗弃的脏袜子 |
[01:05] | Not my world. | 我的世界可没有 |
[01:08] | Hey, you know who’d really dig seeing this experiment? Penny. | 嘿 你们知道谁会非常想看这个实验吗 佩妮 |
[01:11] | I wasn’t aware that lunar ranging was her thing. | 我怎么不知道她喜欢月面搜索呢 |
[01:15] | Although, I suppose the retro-reflector left on the moon | 尽管我可以确定尼尔·阿姆斯特朗留在月球上的 |
[01:18] | by Neil Armstrong does qualify as a shiny object. | 回复反射器的确符合了亮晶晶的标准 |
[01:22] | Why don’t you ask her to come up? | 那你怎么不叫她上来 |
[01:24] | I don’t know, it’s still a little weird since, you know… | 不知道 自从那之后就有点怪怪的 |
[01:26] | – She dumped you? – She didn’t dump me. | -她甩了你吗 -她没有甩了我 |
[01:28] | We were just in different places in the relationship. | 我们只不过在这段关系中处在不同方位罢了 |
[01:31] | I fail to see how a relationship | 我不明白为什么一段情缘 |
[01:32] | can have the qualities of a geographic location. | 还能有地理位置的特性 |
[01:36] | Oh, it’s very simple. | 唔 这很简单 |
[01:37] | Leonard was living in a little town called “Please don’t leave me” | 莱纳德住在一个叫做”请别离开”的小镇里 |
[01:40] | while Penny had just moved to the island of “Buh-bye.” | 而佩妮则刚搬到了一个叫”拜拜”的小岛上 |
[01:47] | Screw you guys. | 去你丫的 |
[01:48] | I’m gonna go see if she’s home. | 我去看看她在不在家 |
[01:50] | If it’s not too much trouble, | 如果方便的话 |
[01:51] | I’d like to point this at the moon now. | 我想把望远镜瞄准月球了 |
[01:54] | Wait a second. | 且慢 |
[01:54] | The good wife is crying. | 好老婆正哭呢 |
[01:57] | Something’s very wrong. | 出大问题了 |
[02:29] | Oh, hi. What’s going on? | 嘿 怎么了 |
[02:30] | We’re up on the roof bouncing laser beams off the moon. | 我们在屋顶上尝试从月球将激光射回来呢 |
[02:34] | I’m sorry, what? | 抱歉 什么 |
[02:35] | It’s pretty cool. | 很酷的哦 |
[02:36] | We’ve got a two-meter parabolic reflector and everything. | 我们准备了直径两米的反射器和其他仪器 |
[02:38] | I thought you might want to see it. | 我觉得你可能会想来看看 |
[02:40] | That makes no sense. | 这完全说不通啊 |
[02:42] | How can you bounce stuff off the moon? | 你怎么可能从月球上弹射东西 |
[02:44] | There’s no gravity. | 那儿可没有重力 |
[02:48] | Uh, Leonard, | 呃 莱纳德 |
[02:48] | – This is Zack. Zack, Leonard. – Hey. | -这是扎克 扎克 这是莱纳德 -嘿 |
[02:50] | Oh, sorry, I didn’t know you were busy. Maybe another time. | 抱歉 我不知道你们正忙呢 或许下次吧 |
[02:53] | Yeah, maybe. | 嗯 或许吧 |
[02:54] | Hey, I want to see this laser thing. | 嗨 我想看看这个激光 |
[02:55] | Oh, but what about the party? | 但那个派对怎么办 |
[02:57] | It’s a surprise party– doesn’t matter when we get there. | 只不过是个惊喜派对而已 什么时候到完全没所谓 |
[03:01] | Right. | 那倒是 |
[03:03] | Okay, well, yeah, come on up. | 那好吧 上来吧 |
[03:11] | So, how’d you guys meet? | 你们是如何认识的呢 |
[03:12] | My company designs the menus for the Cheesecake Factory. | 我的公司为芝士工厂设计菜单 |
[03:16] | Your company? | 你的公司 |
[03:17] | Well, my dad. But me and my sister are VPs. | 事实上是我爸的 但我和我妹妹是副总 |
[03:20] | So… menus. | 呃 菜单啊 |
[03:23] | I know it sounds easy, but there’s a lot of science that goes into designing them. | 听起来貌似简单 但在设计当中 是包含了不少科学知识的 |
[03:33] | Happy now? I’m moving the dirty sock. | 开心了吧 我把脏袜子丢开了 |
[03:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:40] | Raj, keep an eye out for the other one. | 拉杰 时刻注意另外一只 |
[03:43] | Hey, guys, this is my friend Zack. | 各位 这是我朋友扎克 |
[03:46] | – Hello. Zack. – Whoa! | -你好扎克 -哇哦 |
[03:47] | Is that the laser? | 这就是那激光吗 |
[03:48] | It’s bitchin’. | 太他妈帅了 |
[03:51] | Yes. | 没错 |
[03:52] | In 1917, when Albert Einstein established | 1917年 当爱因斯坦在他的文章 |
[03:55] | the theoretic foundation for the laser in his paper | 《关于辐射的量子理论中》阐述了 |
[03:58] | “Zur Quantentheorie der Strahlung,” His fondest hope | 激光的理论基础时 他最诚挚的希望 |
[04:01] | was that the resultant device be bitchin’. | 就是最终的仪器要很他妈的帅 |
[04:05] | Well, mission accomplished. | 唔 那任务达成了 |
[04:10] | Let me explain what we’re doing here. | 让我来解释一下我们在做什么 |
[04:11] | Um, in 1969, the astronauts on Apollo 11 | 1969年 阿波罗11号上的宇航员 |
[04:14] | positioned reflectors on the surface of the moon, and we’re going to shoot a laser off | 在月面安置了数个反射器 而我们则要发射激光 |
[04:18] | one of them and let the light bounce back into this photomultiplier. | 到其中的一个上面并反射回来 到这个光电倍增器上 |
[04:21] | Oh! That’s very cool. | 哇 那很酷啊 |
[04:23] | One question. | 只有一个问题 |
[04:25] | How can you be sure it won’t blow up? | 你怎么确定它不会爆炸 |
[04:27] | The laser? | 激光吗 |
[04:28] | The moon. | 月球 |
[04:32] | See, now this is a man for Penny. | 看 这才是配得上佩妮的男人 |
[04:36] | That’s a great question, Zack. | 问得好 扎克 |
[04:39] | No, it’s not. | 才不是呢 |
[04:40] | Sheldon! | 谢尔顿 |
[04:41] | Play nice. | 要友好 |
[04:42] | It’s not a great question. | 问得不好 |
[04:43] | How could somebody possibly think we’re going to blow up the moon? | 怎么能有人觉得 我们会炸掉月球 |
[04:48] | That’s a great question. | 这才叫问得好 |
[04:52] | Don’t worry about the moon. | 不用担心月球 |
[04:53] | We-We set our laser to stun. | 我们把激光调弱了 |
[04:56] | Smart. | 聪明 |
[04:57] | Now, we’ll be able to see the beam when it leaves, | 发射时我们能看到光束 |
[04:59] | but it won’t be strong enough when it comes back | 但返回时的光束减弱 |
[05:01] | to be seen by the naked eye. | 裸眼看不到 |
[05:03] | Naked. | 裸 |
[05:09] | Right. Uh… funny. | 是很搞笑 |
[05:11] | Uh, that device, there, will measure the photons that return | 那个装置能测量返回的光子 |
[05:15] | and let us see it on this computer. | 我们能在电脑上看到 |
[05:16] | Raj, get them some glasses. | 拉杰 给他们眼镜 |
[05:19] | Cool, it’s gonna be in 3-D? | 酷 还有三维效果 |
[05:27] | Preparing to fire laser at the moon. | 准备向月球发射激光 |
[05:30] | Make it so. | 开始吧 |
[05:36] | There it is. There’s the spike! | 有了 看到峰值了 |
[05:38] | 2.5 seconds for the light to return. | 返回时间2.5秒 |
[05:40] | That’s the moon! We hit the moon! | 是月球 我们击中月球了 |
[05:45] | That’s your big experiment? | 这就是你们的大实验 |
[05:47] | All that for a line on the screen? | 搞这么多就为了屏幕上的一条线 |
[05:50] | Yeah, but, uh, think about what this represents. | 话虽如此 想想这代表着什么 |
[05:53] | The fact that we can do this is the only way | 我们的实验是唯一 |
[05:55] | of definitively proving that there are man-made objectson the moon, | 能证明月球上有人造物体的实验 |
[05:58] | put there by a member of a species | 这个物体是60年前刚发明飞机的 |
[06:00] | that only 60 years before had just invented the airplane. | 种族中一员放上去的 |
[06:04] | What species is that? | 那是什么种族啊 |
[06:09] | I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[06:10] | Penny can do better. | 佩妮能找更好的 |
[06:11] | – Okay, guys, thank you, it’s been fun. – Yeah, thanks. | -好了 谢谢各位 很有意思 -谢谢 |
[06:14] | – Should we invite them to the party? – No, just keep walking. | -能请他们参加派对吗 -不行 只管走 |
[06:19] | He must be very skilled at coitus. | 他肯定交媾技能很强 |
[06:24] | I’m telling you, dude, the only way | 告诉你 唯一能让你 |
[06:26] | to feel better about Penny going out with other guys | 接受佩妮结交新欢的办法 |
[06:29] | is for you to get back on the whores. | 就是再奸再厉 |
[06:34] | Horse. | 接 |
[06:36] | What? | 什么 |
[06:37] | The phrase is “Get back on the horse,” | 那个词是”再接再厉” |
[06:39] | not “Whores.” | 不是”奸” |
[06:41] | That’s disgusting, dude. | 老兄 你真恶心 |
[06:45] | No, it’s not… | 不是 |
[06:46] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[06:48] | He is right, though. | 不过他说得对 |
[06:50] | If you want, I can turn you on to this great new | 你愿意的话 我可以给你介绍 |
[06:52] | – dating site I found. – No, thanks. | -我找到的新交友网 -不了 谢谢 |
[06:54] | You sure? They say they can find a match for anybody. | 你确定 上面说能给任何人牵红线 |
[06:57] | Have they found a match for you? | 他们给你牵了吗 |
[06:58] | Tons. I’ve had, like, eight dates in the last month. | 多着呢 上个月就有八个呢 |
[07:01] | And 12 if you count the ones who showed up and left. | 如果算上见我就闪的 有12个呢 |
[07:06] | I can’t bring the nitrogen tank down. | 我无法搬氮气罐下来 |
[07:07] | – Why not? – All right, let me restate that. | -为什么 -我重申一遍 |
[07:09] | It’s very heavy, and I don’t want to. | 它很重 我不想搬 |
[07:13] | I’ll help you. | 我去搬吧 |
[07:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:16] | Lift with your knees, not your back. | 用膝盖 别用背 |
[07:19] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[07:23] | You know what would be fun? | 知道什么才好玩吗 |
[07:25] | Signing Sheldon up for online dating. | 帮谢尔顿申请网上交友 |
[07:28] | Yeah, right. | 算了吧 |
[07:29] | No, think about it. | 不 想一想 |
[07:30] | We make it an experiment. | 我们当实验做 |
[07:31] | Like when Frankenstein’s monster | 就像寂寞的科学怪人 |
[07:33] | was lonely and he found a wife. | 找了个老婆 |
[07:35] | He didn’t find a wife. | 他没有找老婆 |
[07:38] | They built him a wife out of dead body parts. | 而是用死尸器官造了个老婆 |
[07:42] | Okay, we’ll call that plan B. | 那可以作为后备计划 |
[07:51] | Coming! | 来了 |
[07:55] | Damn you, you rat bastard. | 你个该死的混蛋 |
[07:59] | Are you drunk? | 你醉啦 |
[08:00] | Zack was a perfectly nice guy, and then you ruined him! | 扎克是个绝好男友 你把他毁了 |
[08:03] | How did I ruin him? | 我怎么把他毁了 |
[08:05] | ‘Cause in the olden days, i never would’ve known he was so stupid. | 因为以前 我绝不会觉得他蠢 |
[08:13] | Come on, he wasn’t that stupid. | 拜托 他没那么蠢 |
[08:15] | Yes, he was! He thought you were gonna blow up the moon! | 不 他够蠢了 他觉得你们会炸掉月球 |
[08:19] | Okay, yeah, he’s stupid. | 对 他确实很蠢 |
[08:22] | He spent the entire night bragging | 他一整晚都在吹嘘 |
[08:24] | about how he invented the word “Appe-teasers.” | 自己怎么造出”阑胃菜”这个词 |
[08:32] | How is that my fault? | 这不是我的错吧 |
[08:33] | You have destroyed my ability to tolerate idiots. | 你毁了我容忍傻逼的能力 |
[08:36] | Now, come with me. | 现在跟我走 |
[08:37] | Wh-Where are we going? | 去哪 |
[08:39] | We’re gonna have sex. | 我们去做爱 |
[08:40] | Why? I mean, okay. | 为啥 不过我没意见 |
[08:45] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[08:46] | Put on your noise-canceling headphones, | 把你的降噪耳机戴上 |
[08:48] | ’cause it’s gonna get loud. | 这边会很吵的 |
[08:52] | Oh! Not this again. | 怎么又来了 |
[09:08] | In what universe is this low-pulp? | 这怎么可能是少果肉呢 |
[09:14] | Good morning, Penny. | 早啊 佩妮 |
[09:17] | What, do you have eyes in the back of your head? | 你后脑勺长眼睛了吗 |
[09:19] | When one gets beaten up every other day in school, | 隔天就在学校挨揍的某人 |
[09:21] | one of necessity develops a keen sense of hearing. | 必然会进化出更敏锐的听觉 |
[09:25] | Incidentally, one can get beaten up in school | 而且 在学校挨揍的某人 |
[09:28] | simply by referring to oneself as “One.” | 通常都把自己称为”某人” |
[09:32] | I’m making English muffins. | 我准备做英式松饼 |
[09:34] | Would you like an English muffin? | 你想吃吗 |
[09:35] | – Oh, thanks, I’m not hungry. – FYI, | -不了 我不饿 -另外 |
[09:37] | my noise-canceling headphones proved ineffective last night. | 昨晚证明我的降噪耳机无效 |
[09:43] | Yeah, sorry about that. | 不好意思 |
[09:44] | As a native Texan,I must say I’ve never heard the phrase “Yee-haw” | 作为本土德州人 我得说”驾”这个词 |
[09:47] | used in quite that context. | 在交媾中很少用到 |
[09:50] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[09:53] | “Oh, God.” | 天呐 |
[09:54] | That I’ve heard on multiple occasions. | 这个我倒是听过很多次 |
[10:01] | In what universe is that lightly toasted? | 这算哪门子”微”烤 |
[10:08] | This has to be the worst day of my life. | 今天真是我一生之中最扯淡的一天 |
[10:13] | Good morning, Leonard. | 早啊 莱纳德 |
[10:14] | How many times have I asked you not to do that? | 我告诉过你多少次了不要那么做 |
[10:17] | Counting this instance? 317. | 算上这次吗 317次 |
[10:22] | Where’s Penny? | 佩妮呢 |
[10:23] | She returned to her apartment. | 她回她家去了 |
[10:25] | I presume to shower and vomit. | 我猜应该是去洗澡加呕吐了 |
[10:27] | Not necessarily in that order. | 顺序不一定是按这个 |
[10:30] | I wonder why she didn’t say good-bye. | 她为啥都没道别一下呢 |
[10:33] | Are you expecting me to offer an explanation of human behavior? | 你是在叫我解释一下人类行为吗 |
[10:37] | I know. I just thought as an outsider, | 难为你了 我只是觉得 |
[10:38] | you might be able to provide a fresh perspective. | 当局者迷 旁观者清嘛 |
[10:45] | I have no difficulty believing you’re not butter. | 我相信你个小东西绝对不是黄油 |
[10:52] | – Oh, hey. – Oh, hi. | -嘿 -嗨 |
[10:54] | Um, I gotta run. Early shift. | 我得赶紧走了 早班 |
[10:56] | Okay, I’ll walk down with you. | 好啊 我和你一起下楼 |
[10:57] | So, last night was fun, huh? | 昨晚挺有意思的 对吧 |
[11:00] | Yeah, it must have been. | 那必须的 |
[11:01] | I just threw up in my closet. | 我刚吐在我壁橱里了 |
[11:04] | Bummer. | 杯具啊 |
[11:05] | Anyway, I was thinking tonight maybe we could catch a movie. | 我在想啊 咱俩今晚 去看场电影如何 |
[11:08] | Oh, yeah, tonight’s not great for me. | 今晚我不太方便 |
[11:10] | Doesn’t have to be tonight. | 不一定是今天晚上 |
[11:11] | I’m free pretty much always. | 我差不多啥时候都有空 |
[11:14] | Leonard, last night was a mistake. | 莱纳德 昨晚那件事是个错误 |
[11:17] | When you say “Mistake,” Do you mean a fortunate mistake, | 你说”错误” 是塞翁失马那种吗 |
[11:20] | like the discovery of penicillin? | 就比如发现青霉素 |
[11:24] | Look, I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[11:25] | I was drunk, I was lonely, I hated Zack. | 我喝高了 很寂寞 我讨厌扎克 |
[11:28] | Can we just forget it ever happened? | 咱俩就当没发生过好吗 |
[11:29] | No, it’s pretty well imprinted on my brain. | 不行 整件事几乎已经刻在我脑子里了 |
[11:33] | Especially the whole rodeo thing. | 特别是骑术表演那部分 |
[11:35] | Oh, God! | 老天 |
[11:36] | So, that’s it? | 就这样啊 |
[11:37] | Wham, bam, thank you, Leonard? | 提上裤子就不认人啦 |
[11:39] | Look, I said I’m sorry. Can’t you please let it go? | 我都道歉了 你就别纠结这事儿了行吗 |
[11:42] | How am I supposed to let it go? | 你说的倒轻松啊 |
[11:43] | You used me for sex! | 你居然把我当泄欲对象 |
[11:50] | Morning, Mrs. Gunderson. | 早安 冈德森太太 |
[11:51] | Good morning, Leonard. | 早啊 莱纳德 |
[11:52] | Or should I say “Yee-haw”? | 或者我该说 “驾” |
[12:03] | – Holy crap. – What? | -我靠 -怎么了 |
[12:05] | We finally have proof that aliens walk among us. | 我们终于证实了人类之中藏有外星人 |
[12:10] | Excuse me? | 你说啥 |
[12:10] | The dating site matched a woman with Sheldon. | 这个约会网站找到了个适合谢尔顿的女人 |
[12:13] | You’re kidding. | 不可能吧 |
[12:15] | An actual woman? | 一个实实在在的女人 |
[12:16] | Yeah, look. Breasts and everything. | 你看 胸部 该有的都有 |
[12:19] | Trust me, breasts doesn’t necessarily mean woman. | 相信我 有胸的不一定就是女人 |
[12:22] | – Since when? – I’ll show you a picture | -啥时候有这么一说 -我回头给你看张 |
[12:25] | of my Uncle Louie in a bathing suit sometime. | 我路易叔叔穿泳装的照片 |
[12:31] | Leonard, you gotta see this. | 莱纳德 快来看啊 |
[12:32] | We found a match for Sheldon. | 我们居然找到适合谢尔顿的姑娘了 |
[12:33] | Great. | 很好 |
[12:34] | Maybe she can have sex with him, and then walk out on him | 说不定她会跟他上床 然后第二天一早 |
[12:37] | the next morning without so much as a “How do you do?” | 连个招呼都不打就闪人 |
[12:40] | Do you know what he’s talking about? | 你知道他说啥呢吗 |
[12:42] | Nope. Why don’t you ask him? | 不知道 你问问呗 |
[12:43] | Leonard, what are you talking about? | 莱纳德 你说啥呢 |
[12:44] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈这个 |
[12:45] | That was a lousy suggestion. | 瞧你出的这馊主意 |
[12:48] | Whatever. Right now, | 随便啦 现在 |
[12:49] | Dr. Sheldon Cooper has to send an e-mail | 谢尔顿·库珀博士要给他的真命天女 |
[12:52] | to his perfect match. | 发封邮件 |
[12:54] | “Greetings, fellow life-form…” | “您好 同类生物” |
[13:00] | If she can do it, I can do it. If she can do it, I can do it. | 她能做到 那我也能 她能做到 那我也能 |
[13:03] | If she can do it, I can do it. | 她能做到 那我也能 |
[13:06] | I can’t do it. | 我无能了 |
[13:09] | – Hello? – Oh, hi. Hey. | -谁啊 -你好 |
[13:11] | Hi, Leslie. | 你好啊 莱斯利 |
[13:14] | Leonard Hofstadter. What’re you doing here? | 莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德 有何贵干 |
[13:16] | Uh, I know! It’s been a while! | 是啊 咱俩好久没见了 |
[13:18] | Yeah, 18 months. | 对啊 18个月 |
[13:20] | Right. Right. | 是啊 是啊 |
[13:23] | So how you doing? | 你怎么样啊 |
[13:26] | Fine. You? | 挺好的 你呢 |
[13:27] | Uh, not bad. | 不错 |
[13:29] | You remember when we used to have sex | 你还记得之前咱俩上床 |
[13:31] | and you said that it didn’t mean anything, it was just for fun? | 你说这事儿没什么实际意义 只是为了娱乐 |
[13:35] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:36] | You, uh, want to do that again? | 你想再来一次吗 |
[13:41] | What happened? Blondie dumped you? | 怎么了 金发美女把你甩了 |
[13:42] | She didn’t dump me. | 不是她甩我 |
[13:43] | We were just in different places in the relationship. | 我俩处在一段关系里的不同位置 |
[13:46] | Right. | 是嘛 |
[13:47] | Um… anyway, apparently, | 随便了 显然呢 |
[13:50] | it’s okay to go back to people you’re no longer seeing | 找个好久不见的人然后俩人 |
[13:52] | and have recreational sex with them. | 娱乐性地打一炮也没啥不好的吧 |
[13:56] | So, what do you say? | 你觉得如何 |
[13:59] | Let me think about it. | 我考虑下哈 |
[14:07] | She’s not coming back. | 她不会再开门了 |
[14:13] | She wants to meet us. | 她想见我们 |
[14:15] | Not us. Him. | 不是我们 是他 |
[14:17] | Yes, but him doesn’t even know about her. | 是啊 可是他根本不认识她 |
[14:20] | Well, him about to find out about her. | 哎呀 他会认识她的 |
[14:23] | Really? Us gonna tell him? | 真的吗 我们要告诉他吗 |
[14:26] | Who’s going to tell whom about what? | 谁要告诉谁什么 |
[14:28] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[14:28] | Hey. Hi. | 嗨 |
[14:30] | Your surprise confuses me. | 你们这么惊讶让我很困惑 |
[14:32] | I live here. | 我住在这儿 |
[14:35] | Right. | 是啊 |
[14:36] | So, listen, what are you doing tomorrow afternoon? | 那个啥 明天下午你什么安排 |
[14:40] | Be more specific. | 说的具体点 |
[14:41] | 4:30. | 四点半 |
[14:42] | That’s not afternoon. | 那不是下午 |
[14:44] | That’s preevning. | 那是下午晚 |
[14:46] | What? | 什么 |
[14:47] | It’s a time of day I invented. | 是我发明的描述时间方式 |
[14:49] | It better defines the ambiguous period | 更好地定义了个模棱两可的时段 |
[14:51] | between afternoon and evening: preevning. | 下午和晚上之间 就是傍晚 |
[14:55] | I’m fairly certain it will catch on as it fills a desperate need. | 我确信因为急需精确描述 这词定会广为流传 |
[14:59] | Right, okay. | 好吧 |
[15:00] | What are you doing tomorrow preevning? | 那你明天傍晚准备做什么 |
[15:02] | Well, tomorrow’s Saturday. | 明天是周六 |
[15:04] | Saturday night is laundry night. | 周六晚是洗衣夜 |
[15:06] | So I’ll be spending the preevning pre-sorting | 所以傍晚我会用来预分选衣物 |
[15:09] | and pre-soaking. | 并预浸湿 |
[15:11] | Okay, what if I were to tell you, tomorrow, at 4:30, | 如果我告诉你 明天4点半 |
[15:14] | you could meet a woman | 你将遇到 |
[15:15] | who has been scientifically chosen to be your perfect mate? | 科学挑选出来的 你的完美伴侣呢 |
[15:19] | I would snort in derision and throw my arms in the air, | 我会嘲讽地哼一声 无奈地摊开双手 |
[15:22] | exhausted by your constant tomfoolery. | 疲于应付你们这种经常的无聊之举 |
[15:26] | But it’s true. | 但这是真的 |
[15:30] | But we-we put all your vital information into this dating site, | 我们把你所有重要信息上传到了交友网站 |
[15:33] | answered all their questions just like you would, | 学着你的方式回答了他们所有问题 |
[15:35] | and they found a match for you. Her name is Amy Farrah Fowler. | 他们找到了个跟你匹配的 她叫艾米·菲拉·福勒 |
[15:39] | Please. | 拜托 |
[15:40] | Even assuming you could answer any question the way I would, | 即使你们学得像我的回答 |
[15:43] | the algorithms used by matchmaking sites are complete hokum. | 这种红娘网站的算法 本身就是胡扯的 |
[15:46] | And that’s exactly the answer we gave to the question: | 他们问到这个问题的时候 我们就是这么回答的 |
[15:49] | “What is your attitude towards online dating?” | 你对在线交友持何态度 |
[15:51] | Howard wanted to write “Mumbo jumbo,” But I said no. | 霍华德想回答”毫无意义” 但我认为不是 |
[15:54] | Our Sheldon would say “Hokum.” | 咱谢尔顿会回答”胡扯” |
[16:00] | Come on, where’s your scientific curiosity? | 拜托 你的科学好奇心呢 |
[16:02] | Well, most of it is being applied to unraveling the secrets of the universe | 大部分都用来探索宇宙的秘密了 |
[16:05] | while the rest of it’s wondering why I’m having this conversation with you. | 剩下的则用来思考 我为何要跟你们聊这个了 |
[16:10] | Okay, how about this. | 好吧 这么说吧 |
[16:11] | Even Spock had a date once every seven years. | 即使史波克每七年也会约会一次的 |
[16:15] | He didn’t date. | 他那不是约会 |
[16:16] | It was Pon Farr. | 那是发情期到了 |
[16:17] | His blood boiled with mating lust. | 他因压抑的性欲而热血沸腾 |
[16:20] | Well, why-why don’t you start with a cup of coffee, | 那你何不先喝上杯咖啡 |
[16:22] | and you can Pon Farr Amy Farrah Fowler later. | 晚点就可以跟艾米·菲拉·福勒发发情了 |
[16:27] | I don’t drink coffee. | 我不喝咖啡的 |
[16:28] | All right, you can have a hot chocolate. | 好吧 那就喝杯热巧克力 |
[16:30] | As I will not be engaging in this nonsense,my choice of beverage is moot. | 反正我不会去做这种无聊事 选什么饮料无关紧要 |
[16:34] | But for the record, | 但我正式说明下 |
[16:34] | (每年九月至次年四月 月份英文中都带有R字母) | |
[16:34] | I only drink hot chocolate in months with an “R” In them. | 我只在月份中带有R字母那月才喝热巧克力 |
[16:39] | Why? | 为什么 |
[16:39] | What’s life without whimsy? | 不为无益之事 何以遣有涯之生 |
[16:45] | Okay, I’m out. | 好吧 我没辙了 |
[16:52] | Sheldon, I’ve hidden the dirty sock from the roof | 谢尔顿 我把屋顶拿来的一只脏袜子 |
[16:56] | somewhere in your apartment. | 藏在你们公寓里了 |
[16:59] | Unless you are willing to come with us to meet this girl, | 除非你愿意跟我们去见那女孩 |
[17:02] | it will remain there forever. | 不然 它会永远藏在那 |
[17:07] | You’re bluffing. | 你只是在吓唬我 |
[17:09] | Are you willing to risk it? | 你真愿意冒这个险吗 |
[17:12] | Curse you. | 诅咒你 |
[17:37] | 30 feet. | 30英尺 |
[17:46] | Oh. Hey, Leonard. | 你好 莱纳德 |
[17:47] | I was a perfectly happy, geeky, little lonely guy, | 我本是个完美的小个子剩男 快乐又书呆 |
[17:52] | and you ruined me! | 是你毁了我 |
[17:55] | Are you drunk? | 你喝醉了吗 |
[17:56] | Come on. We’re gonna have sex, and it’s not gonna mean a thing! | 拜托 我们上床吧 反正也是没有意义的 |
[18:00] | Are you out of your mind?! | 你疯了吗 |
[18:05] | I’m really starting to think there’s a double standard here. | 我真的开始认为 这是双重标准了 |
[18:13] | In a few minutes, | 几分钟后 |
[18:14] | when I gloat over the failure of this enterprise, | 等我幸灾乐祸地冷眼旁观着本次相亲的失败 |
[18:17] | how would you prefer I do it? | 你们更愿意我怎么做 |
[18:18] | The standard “I told you so”? | 是标准答案 我早说过会这样 |
[18:20] | The classic “Neener-neener”? | 还是经典的”哦也哦也”[表嘲讽] |
[18:22] | Or just my normal look of haughty derision? | 还是用我平常那副高傲嘲弄的表情 |
[18:27] | You don’t know we’re wrong yet. | 现在还不能断定我们错了 |
[18:28] | Haughty derision it is. | 还是高傲嘲弄表情吧 |
[18:31] | Excuse me. | 打扰下 |
[18:33] | I’m Amy Farrah Fowler. You’re Sheldon Cooper. | 我是艾米·菲拉·福勒 你是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[18:35] | Hello, Amy Farrah Fowler. | 你好 艾米·菲拉·福勒 |
[18:37] | I’m sorry to inform you that you have been taken in | 我很遗憾地告诉你 你上当了 |
[18:40] | by unsupportable mathematics | 被设计用来欺骗 |
[18:42] | designed to prey on the gullible and the lonely. | 很傻很天真剩男剩女的无知算法骗了 |
[18:44] | Additionally, I’m being blackmailed with a hidden dirty sock. | 此外 我是被一只藏起来的脏袜子勒索了才来的 |
[18:49] | If that was slang, I’m unfamiliar with it. | 那是俚语的话 我从没听说过 |
[18:53] | If it was literal, I share your aversion to soiled hosiery. | 要是字面意义的话 我跟你一样讨厌脏袜子 |
[18:57] | In any case, I’m here because my mother and I have agreed | 无论如何 我来这是因为答应了我妈 |
[19:00] | that I will date at least once a year. | 每年至少约会一次 |
[19:02] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[19:03] | My mother and I have the same agreement about church. | 我跟我妈在关于上教堂这点上 有过同样对话 |
[19:07] | I don’t object to the concept of a deity, | 我并不反对神的概念 |
[19:09] | but I’m baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance. | 但实在不理解 上教堂还得点名 |
[19:13] | Well, then you might want to avoid East Texas. | 那你应该不会想去德州东部 |
[19:16] | Noted. | 记住了 |
[19:17] | Now, before this goes any further, | 相亲继续进行之前 |
[19:19] | you should know that all forms of physical contact | 我先声明 所有身体接触 |
[19:21] | up to and including coitus are off the table. | 包括但并不限于交媾 均不予讨论 |
[19:26] | May I buy you a beverage? | 能请你喝杯饮料吗 |
[19:30] | Tepid water, please. | 温水 谢谢 |
[19:40] | Good God, what have we done? | 天哪 瞧瞧我们干了什么 |