时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I’m to inform you the police have a suspect. | 我是来告诉你警方有嫌疑人了 |
[00:04] | He comes from wealth and privilege. | 他是个有权有势的人 |
[00:08] | Van Bergen is not our killer. | 凡·伯根不是我们要找的凶手 |
[00:10] | The killer is choosing victims who somehow remind him | 凶手选择的被害人能让他想起 |
[00:13] | of his own background and upbringing, his own class. | 自己的生活背景和阶层 |
[00:16] | I almost believe you don’t want the killer found. | 我都开始有点认为你是不想找到凶手了 |
[00:19] | It’s time to take action. | 该采取行动了 |
[00:21] | The 400 are too important to this city | 那四百人对这个城市非常重要 |
[00:23] | to suffer the public humiliation | 不能把其中之一 |
[00:25] | of having one of their own arrested for murder. | 因谋杀罪而拘捕 |
[00:29] | Hand me your weapon. | 把你的武器给我 |
[00:31] | You’re gonna regret this. | 你会后悔的 |
[00:33] | Our killer might be following a pattern. | 我们的凶手有可能会遵循一些模式 |
[00:35] | He’s following the Christian calendar. | 他遵循基督教日历 |
[00:37] | The next holy day is the Feast of the Ascension. | 下一个圣日是基督升天节 |
[01:35] | Hush now. | 走开 |
[01:36] | Come on, Rosie. The thing’s dead. | 走吧 萝茜 那玩意死了 |
[01:50] | I ain’t no fairy. | 我不是娘炮 |
[01:50] | Stevie, no one is implying | 史蒂文 没人说 |
[01:52] | that you’re anything less than a young man, | 你不是个小伙子 |
[01:54] | but we’ve an important undertaking that requires you | 但我们有件重要的任务 需要你 |
[01:56] | to alter your appearance if it’s going to work. | 为此变装才能成功 |
[01:59] | It seems we might have convened at police headquarters, | 我们似乎应该在警局碰面 |
[02:01] | judging by how well-represented it is. | 毕竟人都到齐了 |
[02:03] | Sir, we’ve asked you here | 长官 我们请您过来 |
[02:04] | because we’ve a plan that requires your participation. | 是因为我们的计划需要您参与 |
[02:06] | Commissioner, I’m sure Miss Howard has informed you | 专员 我想霍华德小姐肯定已经告诉您 |
[02:09] | that Dr. Kreizler believes these murders | 克雷泽勒博士认为凶案 |
[02:10] | are being committed based upon certain dates | 都发生在基督教历的 |
[02:12] | – of the Christian calendar. – Where is Dr. Kreizler? | -特定日子里 -克雷泽勒博士在哪 |
[02:14] | Making arrangements for this evening. | 他在为今晚做安排 |
[02:15] | – What’s this evening? – The Feast of Ascension, sir. | -今晚什么事 -基督升天节 长官 |
[02:18] | Dr. Kreizler is convinced | 克雷泽勒博士坚信 |
[02:19] | the next victim will be taken tonight. | 下一名受害者会在今晚被杀 |
[02:21] | We’re intent on taking up positions | 我们打算在两座 |
[02:23] | around two of the disorderly houses | 妓院蹲守 |
[02:25] | in hopes that our killer will be compelled to reveal himself. | 以期凶手会忍不住现身 |
[02:28] | You’re talking about Van Bergen? | 你是说凡·伯根吗 |
[02:30] | We’re talking about whoever is responsible | 是那个从新年开始 |
[02:32] | for killing four boys since the new year began. | 已经杀了四个男童的人 |
[02:36] | What exactly is your method to be? | 你们的办法究竟是什么 |
[02:38] | We plan on using a decoy. | 我们计划用诱饵 |
[02:45] | You mean her? | 她吗 |
[02:46] | Him, Mr. Roosevelt. | 是他 罗斯福先生 |
[02:49] | Stevie here is Kreizler’s ward, | 史蒂文是克雷泽勒的养子 |
[02:52] | and will be stationed in some well-traveled venue | 他会蹲守在人流熙攘的场所 |
[02:54] | under constant surveillance. | 并一直有人盯着 |
[02:57] | Am I right? | 是吧 |
[02:58] | We’re going to require full reign to execute our plan, | 我们必须能够很好地执行计划 |
[03:02] | which means the police must not be involved. | 所以 警方务必不能干涉 |
[03:04] | Nor informed, as it’s certain | 也不能被他们知道 因为他们 |
[03:05] | they’ll not stay quiet about it. | 肯定会抖搂出去的 |
[03:06] | It will also be necessary to shut down | 还得关闭城内所有 |
[03:08] | all the boy brothels in the city save one. | 男童妓院 只留一座 |
[03:11] | We’ve chosen The Slide… right here. | 我们选择了沦陷 就在这里 |
[03:13] | But I cannot be party to — to this. | 但我不能掺和这种事 |
[03:15] | The anti-reformers are already after my head without me | 反改革人士已经对我剑拔弩张了 |
[03:18] | appearing to condone the dressing of a child | 难道我还要默许让男童打扮起来 |
[03:20] | – for the express purpose of – Sex. | -好去… -卖淫 |
[03:25] | It pains me to think what your father would say | 我一想到你父亲如果泉下有知 |
[03:27] | if he heard you talk that way. | 你说出这样的话 就觉得心痛 |
[03:28] | Sex is but a 3-letter word, Commissioner. | 那不过是个简单的字眼 专员 |
[03:32] | I trust you are in agreement with our plan? | 你同意我们的计划吧 |
[03:46] | Detective Sergeants, you’ll have your weapons at all times. | 两位侦缉警司 你们必须时刻携带武器 |
[03:48] | Most assuredly, sir. | 当然 长官 |
[03:53] | God help us all. | 上帝保佑我们 |
[04:07] | Gentlemen, have you imagined the logistics | 先生们 你们考虑过我们 |
[04:09] | of how we will be able to accomplish our task? | 完成任务的后勤问题吗 |
[04:11] | We calculate it’s best to break into 2-man teams, | 我们计算后认为最好分为两人一队 |
[04:14] | one on each rooftop. | 每队蹲守一个屋顶 |
[04:15] | Our decoy will be on the street below in plain view. | 我们的诱饵会在下面街道上 一目了然 |
[04:18] | Hopefully, the killer makes contact, | 希望凶手会上前搭讪 |
[04:20] | and we’ll be able to move in swiftly. | 我们就能快速行动了 |
[04:22] | What are the teams? | 都有几队 |
[04:24] | Marcus will take charge of Mr. Moore, and, uh… | 马库斯带着摩尔先生 |
[04:30] | Well, Detective Sergeant? | 侦缉警司 说啊 |
[04:31] | Miss Howard, I-I’m afraid this is no task | 霍华德小姐 这个任务恐怕 |
[04:34] | for the weaker sex. | 不适合柔弱女子 |
[04:38] | Nor for, um… | 也不适合 |
[04:40] | Cripples, you mean to say. | 你想说残废 |
[04:44] | Very well then. I shall make myself available throughout the evening | 那好吧 那么我会整晚随时准备 |
[04:47] | in any capacity that’s needed. | 提供任何的帮助 |
[04:52] | Doesn’t that still leave us one shy? | 那我们不是还少一个人吗 |
[05:46] | That’ll be a nickel. | 五美分 |
[05:49] | What the hell? | 你说什么 |
[05:50] | You heard me, Paddy. | 没错 爱尔兰佬 |
[06:21] | It won’t be forever, Willy. | 也就一阵子 小威 |
[06:25] | Why do I have to go away? | 我为什么非得走 |
[06:28] | You can’t stay here. This is only temporary. | 你不能留在这里 这只是暂住的地方 |
[06:31] | We’ve booked passage for you | 我们为你订了 |
[06:32] | on a steamer leaving early next week. | 轮船票 下周一早就走 |
[06:36] | Where am I going? | 我要去哪 |
[06:38] | To Buenos Aires. | 布宜诺斯艾利斯 |
[06:39] | But I don’t want to go to Buenos Aires! | 我不想去布宜诺斯艾利斯 |
[06:41] | You just…be on that boat when it sets sail. | 那艘船启航时 你必须在上面 |
[06:58] | It won’t be forever, Willy. | 也就一阵子 小威 |
[07:53] | Stevie, listen to me. | 史蒂文 听我说 |
[07:55] | The man we’re looking for is some 24 to 35 years of age, | 我们要找的人大概24到35岁 |
[07:58] | and is likely to have a recognizable facial trait. | 很可能有非常显眼的面部特征 |
[08:01] | Yeah, Mr. Moore said silver teeth. | 嗯 摩尔先生说有银色牙齿 |
[08:03] | Possibly. He’ll also likely offer to take you somewhere. | 有可能 他也很可能会提出要带你去什么地方 |
[08:07] | To live in a castle. I know. | 去城堡里住 我知道 |
[08:09] | The point is, you’re to remain alert. | 重点是 你要保持警觉 |
[08:11] | And if you feel yourself in any danger, no matter who it is, | 如果你觉得自己有危险 不管对方是谁 |
[08:13] | you’re to signal that you need help. | 你都发出求救信号 |
[08:14] | – I’ll be all right. – You remember the signal? | -我不会有事的 -你记得信号是什么吗 |
[08:17] | Polish my shoe on the back of my leg. | 用腿后面擦鞋 |
[08:19] | You mustn’t hesitate. | 你可别迟疑 |
[08:21] | I know how to take care of myself. | 我会照顾自己 |
[08:24] | How does he look? | 他看上去怎么样 |
[08:28] | Lovely. | 挺美的 |
[08:31] | All right, Stevie. Out you go. Quickly now. | 好了 史蒂文 去吧 快去 |
[09:00] | Did you know egg creams have neither eggs nor cream in them? | 你知道蛋蜜乳里没有蛋也没有奶油吗 |
[09:05] | You mean the man gypped me? | 那人骗了我吗 |
[09:06] | No, no, it’s simply how they’re made — | 不不 就是它的成分 |
[09:08] | chocolate syrup, carbonated water, | 巧克力糖浆 碳酸水 |
[09:12] | and milk. | 还有牛奶 |
[09:15] | It’s rather a mystery as to why they’re called egg creams. | 真不知道为什么要叫蛋蜜乳 |
[09:20] | What happened to your hair? | 你的头发怎么了 |
[09:22] | That was a wig. | 之前那是假发 |
[09:26] | What are you doing in this neighborhood? | 你在这里做什么 |
[09:30] | I’ve come to tell you that it’s important | 我来告诉你 |
[09:32] | that you keep your window locked this evening. | 你今晚务必要锁好窗户 |
[09:35] | You’re worried about Fatima’s saint, aren’t you? | 你在担心法蒂玛的那个圣人 是吧 |
[09:38] | We’ve a suspicion that | 我们怀疑 |
[09:40] | it may be tonight that he strikes next. | 他今晚可能会再次出手 |
[09:45] | You know, there are… | 知道吗 |
[09:46] | some of us who don’t even believe he’s even human. | 我们有些人都觉得他不是人类 |
[09:50] | Think he might be a…spirit. | 觉得他可能是…鬼 |
[09:52] | He’s most assuredly human. | 他绝对是个人 |
[09:58] | Where do you call home, Joseph? | 你家在哪 约瑟夫 |
[10:00] | I told you, I work at The Slide now. | 我说了 我现在在沦陷干 |
[10:05] | I guess what I’m trying to say is, uh, | 我是想说 |
[10:08] | how long have you been… | 你已经有多久… |
[10:10] | Working? I don’t know. | 做这一行吗 我不知道 |
[10:17] | Have you ever thought of doing something else? | 你想过做点别的什么吗 |
[10:21] | What do you do? | 你做什么的 |
[10:23] | Me? | 我吗 |
[10:26] | Well, I’m, um, I’m an illustrator. | 我是个插画师 |
[10:29] | What’s that? | 那是干什么的 |
[10:31] | I draw pictures. | 我画画 |
[10:34] | And…people pay you? | 人们给你钱吗 |
[10:37] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[10:42] | That’s stupid. | 好傻啊 |
[10:47] | Joseph, please, just… | 约瑟夫 拜托 |
[10:50] | keep your window closed and locked this evening. | 今晚务必要把窗户关好锁好 |
[10:55] | Tell the other boys to do the same. | 叫其他男孩也是 |
[11:02] | That’s for his egg cream. | 他的蛋蜜乳钱 |
[11:57] | Have I missed anything? | 我错过什么了吗 |
[11:59] | Young Stevie’s just getting started. | 小史蒂文正要开始 |
[12:13] | You’re a sweet thing. | 你真可爱 |
[12:19] | Looks like he’s got a bite. | 看来有人上钩了 |
[12:25] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[12:26] | It’s, uh… | 叫 |
[12:29] | Stella. | 斯黛拉 |
[12:31] | Stella. Stella. | 斯黛拉 斯黛拉 |
[12:35] | Well, Stella, you certainly are a pretty young lady. | 斯黛拉 你真是个漂亮的小姑娘 |
[12:43] | How’d you like to rub up against me, like a kitten? | 想像只小猫那样蹭蹭我吗 |
[12:47] | Go bugger yourself. | 去你妈的 |
[12:52] | You heard me. | 你没听错 |
[13:09] | It’s 10:23. | 10:23了 |
[13:12] | I thought perhaps you’d might want to return home, | 你或许想回家了 |
[13:14] | as it’s getting late. | 已经挺晚了 |
[13:17] | The Commissioner expects me to be here. | 专员希望我留在这儿的 |
[13:26] | May I ask you a question? | 我可以问个问题吗 |
[13:29] | Why do you refer to yourself as a cripple? | 你为什么说自己是个残废 |
[13:36] | I’m afflicted with a congenital defect. | 我有一种先天残疾 |
[13:39] | My arm — | 我的手臂 |
[13:41] | it never fully formed as it should have. | 没有完全长开 |
[13:47] | I hadn’t noticed. | 我没发现呢 |
[13:50] | Mind that light. | 小心火光 |
[14:14] | Stevie? Is that you? | 史蒂文 是你吗 |
[14:17] | Beansie, get lost. | 比西 快走开 |
[14:19] | Why you wearin’ a dress? | 你怎么穿着裙子 |
[14:22] | I’m workin’ for the police, okay? | 我在帮警察干活儿 好吧 |
[14:25] | Go on, git! | 快走啊 |
[14:26] | Sure, Stevie. Whatever you say. | 好吧 史蒂文 你说是就是 |
[14:39] | I asked you to mind that light. | 我叫你小心火光了 |
[14:41] | Yes, of course. | 好的 |
[15:06] | Detective Sergeant. | 侦缉警司 |
[15:08] | Over there. | 在那儿 |
[15:11] | Keep an eye on Stevie. | 留意一下史蒂文 |
[15:17] | Hey, you! Stop! | 你 站住 |
[15:35] | – Please don’t hurt me! – What are you doing here? | -请不要伤害我 -你在这里做什么 |
[15:37] | You up here looking for boy-whores? | 你来这找男童妓吗 |
[15:38] | Is that what you’re doing?! | 你是来做这个的吗 |
[15:40] | I’m doing God’s work, counseling the poor! | 我在为上帝工作 给穷人提供咨询 |
[15:43] | Please don’t hurt me! | 请不要伤害我 |
[15:47] | God’s work. | 为上帝工作 |
[15:50] | Please…God’s work. | 拜托了…为上帝工作 |
[15:57] | God’s work. | 为上帝工作 |
[16:13] | Perhaps I’m mistaken about the calendar. | 可能是我把日子弄错了 |
[16:15] | Laszlo, there could be any number of reasons | 拉兹洛 今晚什么都没发生 |
[16:16] | why nothing happened tonight. | 原因可能有很多种 |
[16:19] | Maybe the Feast of Ascension | 也许基督升天节 |
[16:20] | holds no particular meaning for him. | 对他来说没什么特殊意义 |
[16:23] | Or perhaps by closing the brothels, we scared him off. | 或是我们把妓院关掉 把他吓跑了 |
[16:26] | Or I could simply be wrong — | 或者我只是很简单地搞错了 |
[16:29] | wrong about all of it. | 我的所有想法都是错的 |
[16:37] | Maybe the killer was here. You just didn’t know it. | 也许凶手在这 你只是不知道罢了 |
[16:42] | 17 men talked to Stevie tonight. | 今晚有17个男人和史蒂文说话了 |
[16:45] | Might have been any one of ’em. | 可能是他们中的任何一个 |
[16:48] | Stevie, of all the men you spoke with tonight, | 史蒂文 今晚跟你说过话的人里面 |
[16:52] | was there not one who evidenced | 有没有人外表 |
[16:53] | something unusual about his appearance? | 有些不同寻常 |
[16:55] | No one with a silver smile? | 没人有银色的微笑吗 |
[16:58] | What if Van Bergen didn’t appear because he’s not the killer? | 如果说凡·伯根没来 是因为他不是凶手呢 |
[17:06] | So what do we do now? | 所以我们现在要做什么 |
[17:08] | We wait for the next holy day. | 我们等到下一个圣日 |
[17:12] | When’s that? | 是哪天 |
[17:13] | Nine days from now. Pentecost. | 九天后 圣灵降临节 |
[18:35] | Good to see you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[18:37] | Good to see you, Mr. Morgan. | 见到你很高兴 摩根先生 |
[18:45] | And for yous two? | 你们两位要点什么 |
[18:47] | – A lemonade, please. – Yes, ma’am. | -请给我一杯柠檬汁 -好的女士 |
[18:49] | I’ll have the same. | 我要一样的 |
[18:53] | I’m proud of you, John. | 我为你感到骄傲 约翰 |
[18:55] | Well, you know what they say, Gran. | 你知道他们怎么说 奶奶 |
[18:57] | Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder. | 节制净化心灵 |
[19:02] | Here you are. | 你们的柠檬汁 |
[19:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:06] | Tell me, do you think bidding at auction | 告诉我 你觉得在拍卖中竞价 |
[19:09] | allows for the same titillation as games of chance? | 能得到跟玩赌博游戏相同的愉悦感吗 |
[19:15] | Only for the losers. | 那些失败者会 |
[19:16] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[19:18] | Well, for some, the pleasure is in the pain. | 对一些人来说 乐从苦中来 |
[19:22] | Wherever did you hear such a thing? | 你是从什么地方听说这个的 |
[19:24] | I read it in a book. | 在书中读到的 |
[19:50] | What happened to your finger, Mary? | 你的手指怎么了 玛丽 |
[19:53] | May I see? | 我可以看看吗 |
[20:05] | You’ve cut yourself. | 你切到自己了 |
[20:10] | Doesn’t look too deep, but it’s still bleeding. | 看起来伤口不深 但还在流血 |
[20:21] | Saliva contains a natural coagulant. | 唾液里含有一种天然的凝血剂 |
[20:24] | That means it clots the blood and allows for hemostasis. | 它能让血凝结从而止血 |
[20:29] | It’s why animals lick their wounds. | 这就是动物舔舐自己伤口的原因 |
[20:43] | The bleeding should stop now. | 现在流血应该止住了 |
[21:07] | May we have a photograph? | 我们可以照个相吗 |
[21:09] | Certainly, young lady. | 当然可以 年轻的小姐 |
[21:10] | Just there. We’ll get the city behind you. | 就在那站着 让整座城市支持你 |
[21:12] | That’ll be a first. | 那就是头一回了 |
[21:14] | Oh, you, too, Mr. Moore. | 你也一起来 摩尔先生 |
[21:16] | Oh, no, no. I don’t, uh… | 不不 我不… |
[21:18] | Nonsense. | 别傻了 |
[21:20] | Oh, all right. | 好吧 |
[21:25] | Hold quiet now. | 现在保持别动 |
[21:27] | Is your grandmother here, John? | 你奶奶在这吗 约翰 |
[21:28] | Oh, yes. She wouldn’t miss this for love nor money. | 是的 因为爱心还有钱 她不会错过这个 |
[21:31] | Wonderful. I have it. | 棒极了 拍好了 |
[21:33] | Why don’t you and I take one together, Theodore? | 为什么我们俩不来拍一张呢 西奥多 |
[21:35] | Just the two of us. | 我们俩单独拍 |
[21:37] | Alice, why don’t we take Mr. Moore and show him around? | 爱丽丝 我们带摩尔先生四处转转吧 |
[21:45] | Look to me now, Mr. Morgan, Mr. Roosevelt. | 看向我 摩根先生 罗斯福先生 |
[21:49] | I’ve had a talk with our old friend Bishop Potter. | 我跟我们的老朋友波特主教谈过了 |
[21:52] | It seems your alienist came by, | 你的那位精神病学家似乎来访过 |
[21:53] | inquiring about a member of the church. | 他来打探教会的一名成员 |
[21:58] | What member might that be? | 他打探的可能会是谁 |
[22:00] | The one whose family helped get | 那个人的家族帮我们亲爱的朋友 |
[22:01] | our dear friend the mayor elected — | 赢得市长选举 |
[22:03] | the very same man who appointed you | 他也任命了你为 |
[22:05] | President of the Board of Police Commissioners. | 警察委员会的主席 |
[22:07] | And look to me. | 看向我 |
[22:12] | Wonderful. I have it. | 很棒 拍好了 |
[22:14] | Take another one. | 再来一张 |
[22:19] | Dr. Kreizler is conducting an investigation at my request. | 克雷泽勒博士正按我的要求进行调查 |
[22:22] | How he goes about it and to whom he speaks, I leave to him. | 他如何进行以及跟谁谈话 他说得算 |
[22:26] | I’ve been assured that the young man in question, | 我确定那个有嫌疑的小伙子 |
[22:29] | the one you attempted to arrest, | 你们打算逮捕的那个 |
[22:31] | will soon be leaving the country | 很快就要出国了 |
[22:32] | and therefore no longer poses a threat | 因此也不会对这个城市的孩子们 |
[22:35] | to the children of the city. | 造成任何威胁了 |
[22:37] | What about the children of other cities? | 那其它城市的孩子们呢 |
[22:40] | Gentlemen? | 先生们 |
[22:47] | Do not betray your own kind, Roosevelt, | 别胳膊肘往外拐 罗斯福 |
[22:50] | or you’ll find yourself | 否则你会发现自己 |
[22:52] | with no job, no friends, | 丢了工作 丢了朋友 |
[22:55] | and no goddamn future. | 也丢了未来 |
[23:09] | Dr. Kreizler? | 克雷泽博士 |
[23:12] | – Ah. Miss Howard. – Hello, Cyrus. | -霍华德小姐 -你好 塞拉斯 |
[23:15] | Excuse me for letting myself in, | 抱歉我冒失着自己进来了 |
[23:17] | but, Doctor, I’ve come to tell you about my plan. | 但是 博士 我来跟你说说我的计划 |
[23:20] | Given that our killer seems to prefer | 鉴于我们的凶手偏好 |
[23:21] | taking boys from inside their room, | 把男孩从他们自己的房间里带走 |
[23:23] | I’ve arranged to have Stevie stationed inside the brothel. | 我已经把史蒂文安插到妓院里 |
[23:28] | I’ve convinced the Commissioner to help, | 尽管专员不请愿 |
[23:30] | although he’ll not want it acknowledged. | 我还是说服了他帮忙 |
[23:31] | I’m afraid that wherever Stevie is placed | 恐怕不论把史蒂文安插到哪里 |
[23:33] | may do nothing to help us find our killer. | 都对我们缉拿凶手无济于事 |
[23:37] | What about the Christian calendar? | 基督教日历呢 |
[23:39] | Just because it didn’t work the last time | 因为上次没奏效 |
[23:40] | doesn’t mean that it won’t work at all. | 并不等于根本不会有结果 |
[23:42] | Now that the killer has given in to his desires, | 既然凶手败给了自己的欲望 |
[23:44] | he can’t easily stop himself. | 他不会轻易收手的 |
[23:46] | Isn’t that your theory? | 这不是你的理论吗 |
[23:50] | I sometimes wonder what good my theories do. | 我有时候怀疑我的理论到底有什么用 |
[23:53] | For the moment, they only occupy | 目前来看 他们只是占据了 |
[23:55] | the bookshelves of other alienists. | 其它精神病医生的书架而已 |
[23:58] | As I said, it’s been arranged. | 我说了 都安排好了 |
[24:00] | For tomorrow. | 明天行动 |
[24:03] | Yes. | 对了 |
[24:06] | Pentecost. | 圣灵降临节 |
[24:14] | Oh, I’m curious as to where you’ll put him, Gran. | 我好奇你会把它放在哪 奶奶 |
[24:17] | I shall keep him in the parlor. | 我会让他待在客厅里 |
[24:21] | That way, I’ll have someone to talk to | 这样 你在外面灯红酒绿的时候 |
[24:23] | when you’re out carousing. | 就有人陪我聊天了 |
[24:25] | – Hello, Mrs. Moore. – Hello, Sara. | -摩尔太太好 -你好 莎拉 |
[24:28] | That’s a fine armadillo you have. | 您的犰狳真精致 |
[24:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:33] | Did you see what my grandson spent his money on? | 你看见我孙子把钱都花在什么东西上了吗 |
[24:37] | I spent it on the orphans, Gran. | 我都花在孤儿身上了 奶奶 |
[24:41] | I’ve hoisted anchors that weigh less. | 我这已经算是好的了 |
[24:44] | A typewriter? | 打字机 |
[24:46] | I was hoping you might teach me how to use it. | 我希望你能教我怎么用这东西来着 |
[24:49] | You? | 你 |
[24:50] | I once had aspirations of being a writer. | 我以前憧憬着当一名作家 |
[24:52] | I thought I might have another crack at it. | 我寻思着我再尝试一下 |
[24:55] | I don’t think that’s possible. | 我觉得没有可能 |
[24:58] | Oh, you think I lack talent? | 你觉得我没有天分 |
[24:59] | I think you lack dexterity. In your fingers, that is. | 我觉得你不够灵活 我是说手指 |
[25:05] | All men do. | 所有男的都是 |
[25:06] | It’s why they’ll never be any good at it. | 这就是男人都不擅长打字的原因 |
[25:16] | Kreizler! | 克雷泽 |
[25:21] | There you are. | 你在这 |
[25:21] | I’m afraid you’ll have to wait your turn. | 恐怕你要等我理完才能轮到你 |
[25:26] | I’m here to let you know your actions | 我是来告诉你 |
[25:30] | have become conspicuous to some very important people. | 你的行动引起了一些重要人士的注意 |
[25:34] | I’m sorry if they’re casting a shadow over your good name. | 很抱歉让你的好名声蒙羞了 |
[25:37] | Don’t worry about my good name. I know who my enemies are. | 不用担心我的名声 我知道我的敌人是谁 |
[25:41] | I’ve been informed Willem Van Bergen | 有人告诉我威勒姆·凡·伯根 |
[25:43] | is leaving the country. | 要出国 |
[25:47] | Do you not believe it? | 你不信吗 |
[25:48] | I told you, | 我跟你说过 |
[25:50] | I do not believe he’s the man we’re looking for. | 我认为他不是我们要找的那个人 |
[25:53] | You plan on another stakeout? | 你又策划了一场监视行动 |
[25:55] | With Pentecost tomorrow, | 明天就是圣灵降临节 |
[25:56] | I believe our killer will be compelled to act. | 我相信我们要找的凶手会采取行动 |
[25:59] | He won’t be able to stop himself. | 他控制不住自己 |
[26:01] | We must therefore take advantage | 因此我们要抓住 |
[26:02] | of every opportunity offered to us. | 每一个摆在我们面前的机会 |
[26:13] | What causes a man to do such things? | 是什么让一个男人做出这样的事情 |
[26:18] | Are we to consider him… | 我们是认为他 |
[26:20] | mentally defective, | 心智不健全 |
[26:23] | a lunatic acting irrationally? | 精神错乱 丧失理智吗 |
[26:26] | Or is it possible he’s as sane as you and I, | 还是说他可能跟你我的精神一样正常 |
[26:30] | and there indeed is… | 而他的疯狂 |
[26:33] | method to his madness? | 有章可循吗 |
[26:36] | Those who are seen dancing are thought insane | 听不到音乐的人 |
[26:39] | by those who cannot hear the music. | 认为跳舞的人是疯子 |
[26:45] | It’s just a matter of finding a way to hear the music. | 要想办法听到音乐 |
[26:50] | Sara, would you like something to drink? | 莎拉 想来点喝的吗 |
[26:53] | I’ll have a whiskey. | 来杯威士忌 |
[26:55] | No, thank you, Mrs. Moore. | 不用了 谢谢 摩尔太太 |
[26:59] | Why did she look at you like that? | 她为什么这样看着你 |
[27:02] | I quit drinking. | 我戒酒了 |
[27:05] | I have the shakes to prove it. See? | 我战栗的手能证明 |
[27:10] | Bravo, John. | 好样的 约翰 |
[27:13] | Now I’ve something to show you. | 我有东西要给你看 |
[27:17] | I was thinking about my father, | 我之前在想我父亲的事 |
[27:19] | which got me to thinking about Kreizler’s theory about fathers, | 然后想到了克雷泽勒关于父亲的那套理论 |
[27:22] | which got me to thinking about Kreizler’s own father. | 我就想到了克雷泽勒的父亲 |
[27:25] | That’s a lot of thinking. | 你想的真多 |
[27:27] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[27:34] | It’s an old society column. | 这是上流社会版块 |
[27:37] | I didn’t know what I was looking for at first, | 我一开始也不知道自己该找什么 |
[27:38] | but when I saw this, it struck me. | 但是我看到这个就震惊了 |
[27:41] | You were looking for something on Kreizler’s father? | 你在找克雷泽勒父亲的事 |
[27:44] | About Kreizler. | 是克雷泽勒 |
[27:47] | You seem to be obsessed with the man. | 你好像对他很痴迷 |
[27:50] | Perhaps you’re in love with him. | 也许你爱上他了 |
[27:52] | Perhaps I am. | 也许吧 |
[27:54] | Go on, read it. | 继续读吧 |
[27:58] | “Mr. And Mrs. Kreizler of 5th Avenue, | “第五大道的克雷泽勒夫妇 |
[28:01] | recent immigrates to the city from Germany”… | 他们最近从德国移民…” |
[28:05] | It’s just a newspaper clipping from 30 years ago. | 这只是30年前的剪报 |
[28:08] | Skip down to the second to last paragraph. | 直接跳到倒数第二段 |
[28:11] | “The evening was highlighted by young Master Kreizler, | “小克雷泽勒少爷的出现让当晚的气氛达到高潮 |
[28:14] | “who dazzled all with his interpretation | “他所弹奏的莫扎特 |
[28:16] | of Mozart’s ‘Concerto for Piano No. 20 in D minor.'” | D小调第20钢琴协奏曲让所有人如痴如醉” |
[28:20] | I fail to see anything unsettling about a piano recital. | 我看不出钢琴演奏有什么不妥 |
[28:24] | Unless it’s Mozart’s “Concerto for Piano No. 20 in D minor.” | 除非是莫扎特D小调第20钢琴协奏曲 |
[28:28] | What of it? | 怎么了 |
[28:30] | It cannot be played with one hand. | 一只手不可能弹奏 |
[28:39] | He said me his arm was malformed, | 他说他的手臂是畸形的 |
[28:41] | a congenital defect. | 先天性缺陷 |
[28:46] | Yes, that’s how he’s always described it. | 没错 他一直是这么说的 |
[28:50] | Then he was always lying. | 那他一直都在撒谎 |
[30:19] | Wanna take me upstairs? | 要带我上楼吗 |
[30:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:46] | Connor. | 康纳 |
[30:51] | Van Bergen just got on a water taxi. | 凡·伯根刚上了一辆水上的士 |
[30:54] | To where? | 去哪里 |
[30:55] | Well, it’s not goin’ to Buenos Aires. | 反正不是去布宜诺斯艾利斯的 |
[30:58] | I’m goin’ out fer a while! | 我要出去一趟 |
[31:00] | He’s going to Buenos Aires | 就算亲自押送 |
[31:01] | if we’ve gotta take him there ourselves. | 也要送他去布宜诺斯艾利斯 |
[31:13] | You’re doing it all wrong. | 你都弄错了 |
[31:14] | – What? – You have to use your eyes. | -什么 -你得用你的双眼 |
[31:17] | My eyes? | 我的双眼 |
[31:19] | You know, bat your lashes. Draw ’em in. | 要扇你的眼睑 把他们吸引过来 |
[31:27] | No. Like this. | 不 像这样 |
[31:41] | You make an awful girl. | 你真不会做女孩子 |
[32:28] | Goin’ somewhere, son? | 要去哪里吗 孩子 |
[32:53] | Come back! | 回来 |
[33:27] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[33:29] | I have money. | 我有钱 |
[33:31] | Take this. | 拿着 |
[33:34] | You’re a degenerate, | 你是个堕落 |
[33:38] | a filthy… | 肮脏的 |
[33:40] | murdering pederast. | 谋杀鸡奸犯 |
[33:45] | You’ve no right to live among decent people. | 你无权生活在正常人社会中 |
[33:47] | I’m a Van Bergen. | 我是凡·伯根家族的人 |
[33:50] | We’re part of the 400. | 我们是四百人[上流社会者] |
[33:51] | 400, my arse. | 去你的四百 |
[33:53] | You’re nothing but a rich, little pansy! | 你只不过是个有钱的小娘炮 |
[33:56] | Dirty sodomite! | 肮脏的混蛋 |
[33:57] | You cannot talk to me like that! I’m a Van Bergen! | 你不能这样和我说话 我是凡·伯根 |
[34:01] | You cannot touch me! | 你不能碰我 |
[34:07] | Easy now, Connor. | 冷静点 康纳 |
[34:11] | You won’t do that. | 你不会这么做 |
[34:14] | You can’t do that. | 你不能这么做 |
[34:18] | Dirty sodomite. | 肮脏的混蛋 |
[34:23] | You’ll pay for this! | 你会付出代价 |
[34:27] | You’ll hang! | 你会被绞死 |
[34:35] | Holy Mother of God! | 我的天啊 |
[34:47] | To hell with him! | 去死吧 |
[34:59] | That’ll do. | 这样就行了 |
[36:35] | Do you really think we can catch this man? | 你真的觉得我们能抓到这家伙吗 |
[36:41] | Multi-murderers rarely get away with their crimes for long. | 连环杀人犯不会逍遥法外太久 |
[36:45] | What about Jack the Ripper? | 开膛手杰克呢 |
[36:49] | There are exceptions, | 总会有 |
[36:52] | of course. | 例外 |
[37:06] | Hello. | 你好 |
[37:07] | Joseph. | 约瑟夫 |
[37:09] | Is everything all right? | 你没事吧 |
[37:10] | Yes. It’s just too hot | 嗯 只是在房间里 |
[37:11] | working in the room with the window closed. | 关着窗户干活太热了 |
[37:23] | Does he really work for the police? | 他真的是警方的人吗 |
[37:38] | Buy us a bottle of champagne? | 给我买杯香槟吗 |
[37:41] | How old are you? | 你几岁了 |
[37:44] | How old would you like? | 你希望我几岁 |
[37:52] | Hello. | 你好 |
[37:59] | I’m happy to see you’re not still out on the street. | 很高兴你已经没有在街上游荡了 |
[38:04] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[38:05] | Rosie. Take me upstairs. | 萝茜 带我上楼吧 |
[38:10] | How about some poetry instead, Rosie? | 来点诗怎么样 萝茜 |
[38:12] | Poetry? | 诗 |
[38:17] | Wouldn’t you like to get away from all this? | 你不想离开这一切吗 |
[38:21] | I can help you. | 我能帮你 |
[38:24] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[38:26] | A pansy by way of Khartoum, | 一个喀土穆来的同性恋男子 |
[38:29] | took a lesbian up to his room. | 带了一个女同回房间 |
[38:33] | They argued all night as to who had the right | 整晚都在争论谁该做什么 |
[38:35] | to do what, with which, and to whom. | 用什么 谁来做 |
[38:38] | Tell another. | 再说一个 |
[38:42] | I can take you away… | 我可以带你离开 |
[38:45] | to a castle. | 去城堡里 |
[38:49] | We can go there together. | 我们可以一起去 |
[39:00] | If all you gotta do is draw pictures to make money, | 如果你只要画画就能赚钱 |
[39:04] | why doesn’t everybody do it? | 那为什么大家不都去画 |
[39:06] | Because not everybody has the talent. | 因为不是人人都有这个天赋 |
[39:11] | Find a room upstairs. Wait for me there. | 去楼上找个房间 在那里等我 |
[39:22] | Joseph… | 约瑟夫 |
[39:23] | Do not leave this room. Stay here! | 不要离开这个房间 留在这里 |
[39:27] | It was him. It was him. | 是他 是他 |
[39:29] | Stop him! | 拦住他 |
[39:43] | Stop! Police! | 站住 警察 |
[39:57] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[40:07] | Do you play? | 你会弹吗 |
[40:09] | When I was younger. | 小时候会弹 |
[40:10] | Do you know the piece? | 你知道这个曲子吗 |
[40:12] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[40:25] | I was told you were once something of a prodigy. | 我听说你曾经是个天才 |
[40:27] | I suppose I had my moment in the sun. | 我想我也曾有过辉煌 |
[40:31] | He’ll be looking for you. | 他会来找你的 |
[40:33] | Keep the curtains open. | 打开帘子 |
[40:35] | Put the chair against the door. | 用椅子抵住门 |
[40:47] | What’s Stevie doing in that room? | 史蒂文在那个房间里干什么 |
[40:48] | Something’s wrong. | 有点不对劲 |
[40:50] | Stay here! | 待在这里 |
[40:57] | What happened to your arm, Doctor? | 你的手臂怎么了 博士 |
[40:59] | That is no concern of yours. | 那不关你的事 |
[41:00] | But why do you feel it necessary to lie about it? | 但你为什么要撒谎 |
[41:02] | Stop. I will not have you talk to me that way. | 住口 不许这样和我说话 |
[41:14] | Whatever it is, it’s what accounts | 不管为什么 这就是造成 |
[41:16] | for your bias against the killer. | 你对凶手偏见的原因 |
[41:17] | That’s true, isn’t it? | 没错吧 |
[41:19] | Who did this to you, Doctor? | 是谁干的 博士 |
[41:20] | I see no need to discuss my private life with you. | 我觉得我没必要和你谈论我的私人生活 |
[41:34] | Why can’t you do what you yourself demand of others | 你为什么不能做到你要求别人做到的事 |
[41:36] | and be honest? | 坦诚相告 |
[41:39] | You don’t have the courage | 你没有勇气 |
[41:40] | to see yourself for who you really are. | 正视你自己真正的样子 |
[41:42] | It’s because you’re a coward. | 因为你是个懦夫 |
[41:51] | Laszlo! Laszlo! | 拉兹洛 拉兹洛 |
[41:54] | Hurry! | 快过来 |
[42:18] | Hey. It’s okay. It’s me. | 没事的 是我 |
[42:20] | Stevie! Where is he? | 史蒂文 他在哪里 |
[42:23] | – He got away. – Perhaps the others saw him. | -他逃走了 -也许其他人看到他了 |
[42:26] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[42:30] | Cyrus. | 塞拉斯 |
[42:34] | Miss Howard, please stay with Stevie. | 霍华德小姐 请你留下陪史蒂文 |
[42:57] | Cyrus? | 塞拉斯 |
[43:09] | Cyrus! | 塞拉斯 |
[43:12] | Cyrus. | 塞拉斯 |
[43:13] | We have to get him medical attention. | 我们得赶紧送他进行救治 |
[43:15] | Go and find a roundsman. | 去找个马车夫 |
[43:17] | Wait. Why would the man attack Cyrus | 等等 那个人为什么要袭击塞拉斯 |
[43:20] | and draw attention to himself? | 吸引注意力 |
[43:22] | Makes no sense. | 完全讲不通 |
[43:26] | Unless… | 除非… |