时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Our system says a man is innocent until proven guilty. | 我们的法制号称无罪推定 |
[00:06] | – Innocent till proven guilty? – The burden is on the government | – 真的是无罪推定吗 – 政府必须… |
[00:07] | – Nobody believes that. – To prove that you’re guilty | – 没人相信 – 排除合理怀疑 |
[00:08] | – Show me where that’s written down. – Beyond a reasonable doubt. | – 在哪里写着 – 证明你有罪 |
[00:10] | I…It’s called innocent till proven black. | 应该是无黑推定吧 |
[00:12] | I believe in our system of justice. | 我相信我们的司法体系 |
[00:14] | How many people have been taken off | 有多少人是因为有了DNA测试 |
[00:15] | death row because of DNA testing? | 才被免于死刑的 |
[00:17] | 20. It’s 20 people. | 二十 二十位 |
[00:18] | 20 people that would have died. | 二十个人差点就死了 |
[00:19] | Stop blaming the system. | 别把罪都怪在制度头上 |
[00:20] | There is a better way. | 总有更好的方法 |
[00:27] | Rich people don’t play by the same rules. | 富人的规则和我们不同 |
[00:59] | Brandon Peters, the son of tech billionaire | 科技巨头皮特·彼得斯之子 |
[01:01] | Pete Peters, is set to be arraigned on charges of… | 布兰登·彼得斯将被指控… |
[01:04] | …where honor student | 模范生 |
[01:05] | Alyssa Yang’s body washed ashore. | 艾丽莎·杨的尸体被冲到了那个海滩 |
[01:06] | Alyssa was last seen alive | 有目击者看到 艾丽莎生前最后 |
[01:07] | on a yacht belonging to tech… | 是在科技公司名下的一艘游艇上… |
[01:09] | She was strangled to death while on a yacht | 她是在游艇上被勒死的 |
[01:10] | belonging to Pete Peters’ company. | 该游艇属于皮特·彼得斯的公司 |
[01:11] | Schnoop is expected to take a huge financial hit. | 施诺布可能会遭遇巨大的金融冲击 |
[01:13] | As surely as the sun rises in the east, | 正如太阳必将从东方升起 |
[01:15] | my client will be vindicated, | 我的当事人定会证明自己的清白 |
[01:18] | and we look forward to a full and fair hearing in open court. | 我们期待在公开法庭进行全面公正的听证 |
[01:35] | I’m Marissa Morgan. | 我是玛丽莎·摩根 |
[01:36] | Pete Peters. | 皮特·彼得斯 |
[01:37] | I work with Dr. Bull. | 我和布尔博士一起工作 |
[01:40] | Welcome to Trial Analysis Corporation. | 欢迎来到庭审分析公司 |
[01:43] | I thought this was jury consulting. | 我还以为是陪审团咨询呢 |
[01:45] | I wouldn’t use that term around Dr. Bull. | 我在布尔博士身边不提这个词 |
[01:49] | What we do here is trial science. | 我们研究的是庭审科学 |
[01:51] | A trial is more than just the law. | 庭审不仅涉及法律 |
[01:53] | It’s psychology, neurolinguistics, | 还涉及心理学 神经语言学 |
[01:56] | demographics. | 和人口特征学 |
[01:57] | The way to win is to know your jurors | 取胜法宝在于对陪审员 |
[02:00] | down to their neurons. | 要了如指掌 |
[02:01] | And how exactly do you do that? | 怎么做到的 |
[02:02] | I’ll show you. | 马上就让你见识到 |
[02:04] | Yes, | 是的 |
[02:05] | Brandon Peters had sex with Alyssa Yang. | 布兰登·彼得斯和艾丽莎·杨发生了性关系 |
[02:08] | That’s why the coroner found his DNA on her body. | 所以法医在她的尸体上发现了他的DNA |
[02:13] | That’s our in-house counsel, Benny Colon. | 他是我们的内部律师班尼·科隆 |
[02:15] | He’s testing your son’s defense strategy | 他在模拟陪审团面前替你儿子 |
[02:17] | in front of a mock jury. | 做辩护策略测试 |
[02:19] | Yes, yes. | 是的 是的 |
[02:21] | But the state cannot produce | 但是检方无法提供 |
[02:23] | a single eyewitness that saw | 布兰登杀死艾丽莎·杨的 |
[02:25] | Brandon kill Alyssa Yang. | 目击证人 |
[02:28] | That is as much a fact | 这个道理 |
[02:29] | as the rivers that flow to the sea. | 就像河流入海一样 |
[02:32] | Is he… | 他是… |
[02:33] | pretending to be me? | 在模仿我吗 |
[02:35] | Excuse me… | 对不起… |
[02:37] | for a moment. | 请稍候 |
[02:39] | The client is here. | 客户来了 |
[02:41] | Yes, I see that and he has brought some lawyers. | 我看到了 还带了几个律师 |
[02:43] | Oh, he brought five lawyers. | 他带来了五位律师 |
[02:45] | You know I hate lawyers. | 你知道我恨律师 |
[02:47] | Pete, I wrote that opening statement and it works. | 皮特 那开场陈述是我写的 效果显著 |
[02:51] | In lulling people to sleep, | 让人们昏昏入睡 |
[02:53] | but that’s not really what we’re after. | 可不是我们的追求目标 |
[02:55] | Out of this jury pool, | 在这批陪审员里 |
[02:57] | you’re gonna get three not-guilty votes. | 会有三位投你无罪票 |
[02:59] | Juror number four, | 四号陪审员 |
[03:01] | diamond earrings, platinum bracelet. | 戴着钻石耳环 白金手镯 |
[03:02] | She is giving Brandon the benefit of the doubt because | 她会假定布兰登无罪 |
[03:04] | she thinks he’s too pampered to kill anyone. | 因为她觉得他太受娇惯 不会杀人 |
[03:06] | Juror number seven, | 七号陪审员 |
[03:08] | college frat boy. Basically, | 大学兄弟会的成员 布兰登基本就是 |
[03:09] | wants to be Brandon. | 他的偶像 |
[03:10] | And juror number 11, | 十一号陪审员 |
[03:11] | our rebel without a cause. | 无故叛逆者 |
[03:13] | He’s siding with Brandon on principle, | 原则上他站在布兰登这边 |
[03:15] | but he’ll crater under pressure. | 但扛不住压力 |
[03:18] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[03:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:20] | By a show of hands, | 听完开场陈述后 |
[03:22] | after hearing that opening, | 请举手表决 |
[03:24] | how many find the defendant | 多少人认为被告 |
[03:26] | not guilty? | 无罪 |
[03:40] | Pete Peters. | 我是皮特·彼得斯 |
[03:42] | Dr. Jason Bull. | 我是杰森·布尔博士 |
[03:44] | Can you help my son? | 你能帮助我儿子吗 |
[03:45] | Absolutely. | 当然能 |
[03:48] | Hi. | 你好 |
[03:50] | The jury starts | 一开始 |
[03:51] | with a preconceived idea of the truth. | 对于真相 陪审员都有先入之见 |
[03:53] | We don’t guess at that. | 这可不是靠猜的 |
[03:55] | We deep dive into the jury pool. | 我们深入研究这些陪审员 |
[03:57] | We know what they’re thinking from the beginning. | 了解他们的初始想法 |
[03:58] | What happened to innocent until proven guilty? | 无罪推定体现在哪里 |
[04:02] | No trial starts at zero. | 每次庭审都不会从零开始 |
[04:04] | Even before jury selection, | 在挑选陪审员之前 |
[04:05] | TAC profiles every potential juror. | TAC就开始对每一位潜在的陪审员进行侧写 |
[04:08] | Their behavioral patterns | 他们在生活中的 |
[04:09] | in life and, especially, online. | 行为方式 尤其是在网上 |
[04:12] | What they click on, likes, keywords, avoidances, | 爱点击什么链接 喜好 关键词 忌讳 |
[04:16] | it all gets plugged into a 400-factor matrix | 一切都被接入一个四百因子的程序内 |
[04:18] | that is scary | 它的预测成功率 |
[04:20] | in its predictive efficiency. | 高得惊人 |
[04:22] | We’ll know how they’ll vote even before they do. | 在他们投票之前 我们心里就有底了 |
[04:24] | How do you get that data? | 你们是怎么搞到这些数据的 |
[04:26] | I hired Marissa from the Department of Homeland Security. | 玛丽莎可是我专门从国土安全部请来的 |
[04:29] | Is there someplace we can sit? | 我们能坐下来谈吗 |
[04:31] | Sure. Here you go. | 当然 请坐 |
[04:37] | So… what are | 那么… |
[04:38] | they thinking? | 他们是怎么想的 |
[04:40] | You’re a rich jerk. | 你是个暴发户 |
[04:42] | He’s your jerk son | 而他是个 |
[04:43] | who got everything handed to him. | 衣来伸手饭来张口的富二代 |
[04:44] | A trial is not a popularity contest. | 庭审可不是人气评比大赛 |
[04:47] | Good ’cause they don’t like you, either. | 幸好不是 因为他们也不喜欢你 |
[04:48] | Speaking of which, I don’t want to see | 说到这里 |
[04:49] | this army of lawyers again. | 以后不许再带这么多律师 |
[04:51] | Just you. | 你 |
[04:52] | And her. | 和她就够了 |
[04:53] | I’ve tried hundreds of cases | 就算没有这忽悠人的心理学把戏 |
[04:55] | without this woo-woo psychology. | 我也成功审理了上百件案子 |
[04:57] | So, what would you do? | 那你打算怎么办 |
[04:59] | No eyewitness. | 没有目击证人 |
[05:00] | No murder weapon. Those are the facts. | 也没找到凶器 这可都是事实 |
[05:02] | Try the facts. | 用事实说话吧 |
[05:03] | Except we already tried it 18 times | 但我们已经试过用事实 |
[05:05] | on the facts, | 说了十八次话了 |
[05:06] | and we didn’t win one. | 一次都没成功 |
[05:08] | Well, a mock trial is not a trial. | 得了 模拟庭审又不是真正的庭审 |
[05:10] | “Innocent until proven guilty,” Is like, | “无罪推定”就和 |
[05:12] | “Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, | 做法千篇一律的巨无霸一样 |
[05:14] | cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.” | 毫无新意 |
[05:17] | It’s the old jingle. | 早就过时了 |
[05:25] | Do what he says. | 按他说的做 |
[05:30] | You know, I’m not a monkey… | 我可不是杂耍的猴子… |
[05:32] | I like monkeys. | 我喜欢猴子 |
[05:33] | – who you can tell to… – I love monkeys. | – 我不任人摆布 – 我很喜欢猴子 |
[05:34] | They have self-discipline. | 他们很自律 |
[05:35] | Extroverted. | 且性格外向 |
[05:36] | They eat a diverse diet. | 他们的饮食结构相当丰富 |
[05:37] | I was the Attorney General of the United States. | 我可当过美国司法部长 |
[05:39] | Curious George never said, “I’m not a monkey.” | 好奇小猴乔治可从没说过”我不是只猴子” |
[05:41] | You can’t control a trial like this. | 你不可能如此掌控庭审的 |
[05:43] | You can’t. | 是你做不到罢了 |
[05:46] | Things have changed… | 现在不同于以往了… |
[05:48] | but things haven’t changed that much. | 但有些事是恒久不变的 |
[05:51] | These are the questions | 在审查陪审员时 |
[05:52] | I want you to ask for the voir dire. | 你问他们这些问题就行 |
[05:58] | “Why do you catch a cold?” | “你为什么会感冒” |
[06:00] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[06:02] | Sorry if it got rough in there. | 我刚才的态度太强硬了 真是抱歉 |
[06:03] | Somebody has to call the shots. | 但总得有人作最终决定 |
[06:04] | It’s better to be clear from the beginning. | 我们最好现在就明确这点 |
[06:07] | No hard feelings. | 请别介意 |
[06:11] | You’re a con man. | 你够狡猾的啊 |
[06:12] | You conned Peter, but you haven’t conned me. | 你骗得了皮特 但你骗不了我 |
[06:17] | I love you, man. | 我很欣赏你 兄弟 |
[06:23] | Good night, Dr. Bull. | 晚安 布尔博士 |
[06:27] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[06:39] | You want us to bug his watch? | 你想让我们在他的手表上装窃听器吗 |
[06:41] | I hate surprises. | 我不喜欢惊喜 |
[06:42] | Clyde’s watch. | 克莱德的手表 |
[06:44] | When Izzie asked me for a divorce, | 当伊兹向我提出离婚时 |
[06:45] | that was a pleasant surprise, | 那确实是个惊喜 |
[06:47] | That’s not how I remember it. | 我印象里可不是这样的 |
[06:48] | She’s your sister. | 她是你姐姐 |
[06:49] | You were married to Benny’s sister? | 你和班尼的姐姐曾是夫妻吗 |
[06:50] | Are we wasting time or is this team building? | 我们是在浪费时间还是在增加团队感情 |
[06:52] | C. Clyde Rutledge, | 克莱德·拉特里奇 |
[06:53] | the former chief law enforcement officer | 前任美国首席 |
[06:55] | of the United States. | 执法官 |
[06:56] | I remember you cried for weeks | 我记得你那时循环播放尼尔·杨的 |
[06:57] | while listening to Harvest | 《收获》长达数周 |
[06:59] | by Neil Young day and night. | 边听边失声痛哭 |
[07:01] | When are you gonna stop talking | 你就不能不提 |
[07:02] | about my divorce? | 我离婚的事吗 |
[07:03] | Just bug the watch. | 赶快装窃听器 |
[07:05] | “To Cylde. | “赠予克莱德 |
[07:06] | In friendship. Barack.” | 愿友谊地久天长 巴拉克敬上” |
[07:08] | Rule number one: | 第一要领 |
[07:09] | the client is the enemy. | 客户即敌人 |
[07:10] | Speaking of which, | 说到这里 |
[07:11] | he didn’t show up for witness prep. | 他没参加出庭前的证人准备 |
[07:13] | He missed three appointments. | 他放了我们三次鸽子 |
[07:15] | Okay, so, we have a defendant going in front | 我们要在一名保守党法官面前 |
[07:17] | of a conservative judge with a boy band haircut | 为一个穿着帆布鞋 头顶拉风发型的被告 |
[07:20] | and pimp sneakers. | 进行辩护 |
[07:23] | Do we believe that Brandon | 我们能确定在那晚的派对之前 |
[07:26] | didn’t know Alyssa before the party? | 布兰登和艾丽莎从未有过交际吗 |
[07:28] | Cable, hack into his contacts. | 凯博 入侵他的联系人名单 |
[07:30] | See when he entered her phone number. | 查查他什么时候存了她的手机号 |
[07:34] | He entered her number the first time | 他是在派对开始的那晚 |
[07:36] | the first night of the party. | 存到她手机号的 |
[07:38] | That’s not her number. | 那不是她的手机号 |
[07:40] | Look it up. | 查查这号码 |
[07:41] | Why would Alyssa have two phones? | 为什么艾丽莎有两部手机 |
[07:48] | Clyde. | 克莱德 |
[07:49] | You lost this at my office. | 你把这个落在我办公室了 |
[07:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:54] | Almost looks like a real Rolex. | 真像块劳力士啊 |
[07:57] | The president gave me this watch. | 这可是总统送我的手表 |
[07:59] | Nixon? | 尼克松总统吗 |
[08:05] | You may proceed with the questions, counselor. | 请开始提问 律师 |
[08:07] | Why do you catch a cold? | 你为什么会感冒 |
[08:10] | I have two small children in day care. | 我的两个小孩都上托儿所 |
[08:12] | They bring home ailments | 其他孩子生了病 他们就会被传染 |
[08:14] | from all the other children. | 接着把病毒带回家 |
[08:17] | Why do you catch a cold? | 你为什么会感冒 |
[08:19] | I’m not gonna answer that. | 我拒绝回答 |
[08:21] | You have to. | 你必须回答 |
[08:22] | – Tell me about her. – Put me down | – 有她的资料吗 – 你就把我写成 |
[08:24] | as the juror who won’t answer frivolous questions. | 拒绝回答无聊问题的陪审员好了 |
[08:26] | Bess Johnson, 43. | 贝丝·约翰逊 四十三岁 |
[08:27] | Project accountant, 50 a year. | 项目会计 年薪五万美金 |
[08:29] | Divorced. | 离婚 |
[08:30] | A son, AJ, 24, gay, | 有一个儿子叫AJ 二十四岁 是同性恋 |
[08:32] | in Dannemora on a drug charge. | 在丹尼莫拉因为吸毒被起诉 |
[08:34] | Did he get a fair trial? | 审判结果公正吗 |
[08:35] | She has a bumper sticker that says, | 她车的保险杠贴纸上面写着 |
[08:37] | “The System is Rigged.” | “司法体制作弊” |
[08:38] | Wow. That’s cynical. | 还挺愤世嫉俗的 |
[08:42] | Tell me this moron | 这个蠢货 |
[08:43] | isn’t gonna strike her for cause. | 不会因为这个问题找她的麻烦吧 |
[08:45] | Your Honor, if the juror won’t answer the question | 法官大人 如果审判员不回答问题的话 |
[08:47] | General Rutledge, | 拉特里奇律师 |
[08:48] | who’s the man who you keep looking to? | 第一排有个男人 你一直在看他 |
[08:50] | The man in the front row. | 他是谁 |
[08:52] | That’s Dr. Bull. | 他是布尔教授 |
[08:54] | He’s a member of the defense team. | 辩护团队中的一员 |
[08:57] | Are you gonna challenge this juror? | 你想换掉这名陪审员吗 |
[09:03] | Acceptable to the defense, Your Honor. | 不需要了 法官大人 |
[09:04] | It looks like we have a jury. | 陪审团已成立 |
[09:07] | Participating in a criminal case | 参与刑事案件的陪审员 |
[09:09] | as a juror is an important duty. | 肩负着重任 |
[09:13] | I live with my parents. | 我和父母住在一起 |
[09:14] | I live with my parents. | 我和父母住在一起 |
[09:15] | I retired on disability. | 我因为伤残退休了 |
[09:16] | I retired on disability. | 我因为伤残退休了 |
[09:17] | I just got engaged. | 我刚刚订婚了 |
[09:18] | I just got engaged. | 我刚刚订婚了 |
[09:20] | I’ve got a kid in the system. | 我的孩子被起诉了 |
[09:21] | I have a kid in the system. | 我的孩子被起诉了 |
[09:22] | We created a mirror jury, | 我们组织了一个镜面陪审团 |
[09:24] | a clone of the jury that just got picked, | 作为刚成立陪审团的复制品 |
[09:27] | a 94% match in every demographic, | 在人口特征和个人性格上 |
[09:29] | every personal characteristic. | 和他们有百分之九十四的相似度 |
[09:31] | We have them attend the trial every day | 我们让他们每天出庭旁听 |
[09:33] | along with the actual jury to hear firsthand | 和正牌陪审员一样获得第一手资料 |
[09:36] | every bit of evidence and every single testimony. | 每一份证据 每一句证词 |
[09:39] | We then fold their debrief into what we already know | 之后我们把他们的情况与我们所了解的 |
[09:42] | about each juror’s behavioral patterns. | 行为模式相结合 |
[09:44] | So, what was that about, | 那为什么要问 |
[09:46] | “Why do you catch a cold?” | “你怎么感冒了” |
[09:47] | It’s called “Locus of control.” | 这个叫做”控制点” |
[09:50] | Rosalind believes that life is within her control. | 罗莎琳德相信自己能掌握人生 |
[09:53] | Fred think things just happen to him. | 弗雷德则相信命运 |
[09:56] | We want as many jurors as possible | 我们需要更多陪审员 |
[09:57] | who see themselves as victims. | 把自己当做是受害者 |
[10:00] | But then they’ll identify with the victim. | 但之后他们就会去同情受害者 |
[10:01] | No, they’ll see Brandon as the victim. | 不对 他们会觉得布兰登是受害者 |
[10:03] | Victim of what? | 怎么个受害法 |
[10:04] | Neglectful father. | 父亲不尽职 |
[10:06] | Absent mother. | 缺乏母爱 |
[10:08] | The love that they were raised with, | 陪审员在成长中获得的爱 |
[10:09] | the love they gave their children | 以及成年后给予子女的爱 |
[10:11] | that Brandon never got. | 都是布兰登可望不可及的 |
[10:14] | Don’t take it personally, Pete. | 皮特 别往心里去 |
[10:16] | You want to win, right? | 你也想胜诉 对吧 |
[10:18] | So, how does the algorithm | 这镜面程序演算的 |
[10:19] | say we’re doing? | 怎么样了 |
[10:21] | What’s the score? | 投票结果如何 |
[10:23] | We’ve got two votes. | 我们有两票 |
[10:24] | This is ludicrous. | 真可笑 |
[10:25] | The jury hasn’t heard one witness. | 陪审团连一篇证词都还没听到呢 |
[10:27] | So, we need ten more votes? | 所以我们还需要十票吗 |
[10:34] | We need one vote. | 一票就够了 |
[10:35] | In this case, | 在这个案子中 |
[10:36] | it could come down to one. | 可以减少到一票 |
[10:38] | One juror… | 一个可以… |
[10:40] | who takes control of the jury. | 控制整个陪审团的陪审员 |
[10:43] | One story, based on the facts or not, | 一个故事 不管真实与否 |
[10:46] | that will persuade that person to not convict our client. | 就可以说服她不给布兰登定罪 |
[10:49] | How do you know it’s her? | 你怎么知道是她 |
[10:51] | How do you not know? | 你怎么会不知道 |
[10:55] | Listen, I want to know every injustice she ever suffered. | 听着 我要知道她都受到过哪些不公正的对待 |
[11:00] | Every time she was screwed over. | 她每一次被骗的经历 |
[11:02] | Every slight, real or imagined. | 每一个细节 不论真假 |
[11:03] | I want to know | 我都要知道 |
[11:04] | when she didn’t get picked for the kickball team. | 从她小时候没有被儿童足球队选中开始 |
[11:06] | I want all of it. | 我需要全部的资料 |
[11:08] | Where are you going with that? | 你要这些资料做什么 |
[11:11] | I’m gonna bring your boy home. | 帮你把儿子接回家 |
[11:25] | These are the contacts from Alyssa’s second phone? | 这些都是艾丽莎第二个手机里的联系人吗 |
[11:27] | Did you light a candle? | 你刚才点蜡烛了吗 |
[11:28] | No. | 没有 |
[11:29] | No candles. No flavored coffee. | 没点蜡烛 没喝调味咖啡 |
[11:31] | Did you just break up with someone? | 你刚刚分手了吗 |
[11:33] | You know what? Next time, how about you just e-mail me, | 不如下次你直接用邮件发资料给我 |
[11:34] | okay, Cable? | 好吗 凯博 |
[11:35] | Do you really want an illegal hack on your computer? | 你真不怕黑客入侵你的电脑吗 |
[11:38] | Peyton Shong. | 佩顿·肖恩 |
[11:40] | I know him from when I worked narcotics. | 我之前在缉毒局上班时认识他的 |
[11:45] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[11:47] | How you doing? | 你现在怎么样 |
[11:49] | Easy, easy, easy. | 别激动 放轻松 |
[11:55] | Maybe I talked to her. I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 我可能跟她聊过几句 |
[11:59] | You’re not gonna eat? | 你不吃东西吗 |
[12:00] | How’d she get invited to that party? | 她是怎么被邀请到派对上的 |
[12:03] | Pretty girls get invited everywhere. | 漂亮女孩不管走到哪都会被邀请 |
[12:04] | Peyton, don’t make me kick your ass. | 佩顿 我没那么多耐心 |
[12:10] | Lighten up, man. | 笑一笑啊 老兄 |
[12:12] | You used to have a sense of humor. | 你的幽默感都跑哪去了 |
[12:13] | Breathe, okay? | 放松点 好吗 |
[12:14] | Look, we’re on the same side on this one. | 我们现在在同一阵营 |
[12:16] | I just need the information. | 我只是想拿点资料 |
[12:19] | Alyssa was smart. | 艾丽莎很聪明 |
[12:21] | She was careful. She had hustle. | 她行事小心 不择手段地赚钱 |
[12:23] | She moved crystal and molly. | 运送过冰毒和莫利 |
[12:24] | She knew all the rich kids from the clubs. | 夜总会里所有的富二代她都认识 |
[12:26] | She got the drugs from you? | 她从你这里拿毒品吗 |
[12:28] | At first. | 一开始是 |
[12:30] | She’d come out on the seven train when she was 14. | 她十四岁由地铁起家 |
[12:33] | Do her homework on the train. | 在纽约地铁七号线上做交易 |
[12:34] | Then it was an Uber. | 后来租了一辆优步车 |
[12:35] | Then she… | 再后来… |
[12:37] | bought a BMW, found a new supplier. | 她买了辆宝马 找到了新的供应商 |
[12:39] | What aren’t you telling me? | 你还有什么没告诉我的 |
[12:41] | She stopped being careful. | 她不再像以前那么小心 |
[12:43] | She started selling fake molly, | 开始贩卖的假冰毒 |
[12:45] | methylone. | 还有丧尸浴盐 |
[12:46] | With just enough MDMA to turn the test kits black. | 摇头丸的量刚好可以把检测试纸变黑 |
[12:50] | How much fake molly was she moving? | 她运过多少假莫利 |
[12:52] | Enough to buy a BMW. | 卖的钱够她买一辆宝马了 |
[13:01] | It’s the first day | 今天要对震惊全城的 |
[13:02] | in the murder trial that electrified the city. | 谋杀案进行第一次审判 |
[13:05] | Brandon Peters, accused of the murder of Alyssa Yang, | 被控谋杀艾丽莎的嫌犯布兰登·彼得斯 |
[13:07] | seen here arriving with his father, Pete Peters. | 正与他的父亲皮特·彼得斯一起到达法院 |
[13:10] | His mother, the ex-Mrs. Peters, | 他的母亲是皮特先生的前妻 |
[13:12] | just arriving. | 也刚刚到达法院 |
[13:13] | To the left is her friend Adele Bensimon, | 左边的那位是她的是密友 |
[13:16] | married to real estate developer | 房地产开发商弗雷德·本西蒙的夫人 |
[13:18] | Freddie Bensimon. | 阿黛尔·本西蒙 |
[13:26] | Hey, Bull. | 嗨 布尔 |
[13:28] | Jenna. | 你好 詹娜 |
[13:42] | You and Alyssa’s father, you’re divorced? | 你和艾丽莎的父亲离婚了是吗 |
[13:44] | Since Alyssa was 12. | 艾丽莎十二岁那年离的 |
[13:46] | That’s my ex-husband, David, in the front row. | 坐在第一排的是我的前夫大卫 |
[13:49] | Did you have a good relationship with your daughter? | 你和你女儿的关系好吗 |
[13:51] | After my divorce, especially. | 在我离婚后变得特别好 |
[13:53] | She would talk to me about everything. | 她与我无话不谈 |
[13:55] | She would tell me that I was the only one | 她告诉我 我是唯一能够 |
[13:57] | who really understood her. | 真正理解她的人 |
[13:59] | – She would talk to me… – My wife used to pull this. | – 她会告诉我… – 我老婆以前也耍这种花招 |
[14:01] | Riding to the defense of the children. | 不管不顾地护着自己的孩子 |
[14:03] | She had to control everything. | 控制欲太强 |
[14:05] | She said that she really liked Brandon. | 她说她真的很喜欢布兰登 |
[14:07] | These kids in a divorce are just lost. | 单亲家庭的孩子总是没头没脑的 |
[14:09] | …really hit it off. | …他们很来电 |
[14:11] | I know she wanted to sleep with him. | 我知道她想和他上床 |
[14:13] | And did they sleep together? | 那他们这么做了吗 |
[14:15] | She was 18. | 她那时十八岁了 |
[14:17] | It’s normal at that age | 在这个年龄遇见一个男孩 |
[14:18] | to meet a boy and… | 是很正常的… |
[14:19] | It’s normal to meet a boy and drown? | 遇见个男孩然后淹死正常吗 |
[14:21] | Maybe I should have said no. | 也许我应该阻止她的 |
[14:23] | And the next time Alyssa called you, what did she say? | 艾丽莎最后一次打给你时说了什么 |
[14:26] | She sounded frightened. | 她听上去很害怕 |
[14:28] | They had sex, but it wasn’t enough for him. | 他们发生了性关系 但是他还不满足 |
[14:30] | What do you mean | 你说”他还不满足” |
[14:32] | “It wasn’t enough for him?” | 是什么意思 |
[14:36] | He wanted to have… anal sex. | 他想要…后入 |
[14:42] | I told her to stay away from Brandon | 我叫她离布兰登远点 |
[14:44] | and that I would call his father. | 还告诉她我会给布兰登的父亲打电话 |
[14:47] | Which I did. | 后来我确实这么做了 |
[14:48] | Did you hear back from Mr. Peters? | 彼得斯先生是否回了你电话 |
[14:49] | Not till two days later. | 两天之后才回我 |
[14:51] | I got a call from his assistant | 我接到了他助理的电话 |
[14:53] | to tell me that there had been an accident. | 告诉我发生了一起意外 |
[14:56] | His assistant called you, not Mr. Peters? | 是他助理打给你 而不是彼得斯先生本人吗 |
[14:58] | They did a headcount. | 他们清点了人数 |
[14:59] | They thought she might have fallen off the boat. | 发现她不在之后认为她掉下了船 |
[15:02] | Somebody needs to stick it to this prick. | 得有人来把这个混账揍一顿 |
[15:03] | He had his assistant call you to tell you | 他让他的助理打电话告诉你 |
[15:05] | your daughter was dead. | 你的女儿死了 |
[15:06] | Objection. | 反对 |
[15:07] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[15:09] | No further questions. | 没有其它问题了 |
[15:11] | Ms. Yang, | 杨女士 |
[15:13] | did you know your daughter was a drug dealer? | 你知道你的女儿是个毒贩吗 |
[15:15] | That’s not true. | 这不是真的 |
[15:17] | Mrs. Yang, | 杨女士 |
[15:19] | you might learn things in court today. | 今天你在法庭上可能要获取很多信息 |
[15:21] | I just don’t like this lawyer. | 我不喜欢这个律师 |
[15:24] | I don’t like the way he talks down to me. | 不喜欢他讲话的时候高高在上的样子 |
[15:26] | And did you see the way he makes his associate | 你看见他让他的初级律师 |
[15:27] | carry all the bags? | 帮他拿包了吗 |
[15:28] | Methylenedioxymethamphetamine. | 亚甲基二氧基甲基苯丙胺 |
[15:31] | I’m so hungover. | 我真是醉了 |
[15:32] | MDMA. | 即摇头丸 |
[15:34] | Known as molly. | 俗称莫利 |
[15:35] | Alyssa was selling molly | 艾丽莎把莫利卖给 |
[15:37] | to Brandon’s friends. | 布兰登的朋友 |
[15:39] | And then she got greedy. | 之后她变得更加贪婪 |
[15:40] | Blame the victim, you misogynistic jerk. | 把罪怪在受害人头上 真是个歧视女性的混蛋 |
[15:42] | She sold them fake molly, methylone. | 她卖给他假莫利 丧尸浴盐 |
[15:46] | Isn’t it possible someone found out? | 有没有可能是有人发现了这件事情 |
[15:47] | She hates Rutledge. | 她讨厌拉特里奇 |
[15:49] | Bess hasn’t heard a word he’s said. | 他的话贝丝一个字都没听进去 |
[15:51] | Isn’t it possible | 有没有可能 |
[15:53] | she sold fake molly to the wrong person | 她把假药卖给了不该惹的人 |
[15:56] | and that is what got her killed? | 导致自己被人杀害 |
[15:58] | My daughter was a good girl. | 我的女儿是个好孩子 |
[15:59] | An “A” Student! | 她可是尖子生 |
[16:01] | – And you are making it seem… – Quiet, please. | – 而你却说得好像… – 请肃静 |
[16:03] | You can’t judge a book by its cover, | 你不能以貌取人 |
[16:05] | can you, Mrs. Yang? | 不是吗 杨太太 |
[16:07] | I don’t think you knew your daughter at all. | 我认为你根本不了解自己的女儿 |
[16:11] | Pig. | 混蛋 |
[16:13] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[16:14] | Court is in recess till Monday. | 暂时休庭 周一再审 |
[16:33] | You travel with these? | 你走哪都带着这些吗 |
[16:34] | I’m a psychologist. | 我是个心理学家 |
[16:36] | Lifetime supply comes with the license. | 这辈子都离不开这个名头了 |
[16:38] | Pete told me about you. | 皮特跟我提起过你 |
[16:41] | Thinks you’re some kind of magician. | 觉得你像个魔术师 |
[16:42] | So far, I haven’t seen it. | 到目前为止 我还没看出来 |
[16:44] | You think it’s okay if I take another Xanax? | 你觉得我还能再吃一片安定吗 |
[16:46] | I’ve already taken three. | 我已经吃了三片了 |
[16:47] | I’d go easy on that. | 换作是我就不会吃这么多的 |
[16:49] | I’ll just take half. | 那我就吃半片吧 |
[16:51] | Pace yourself, Gail. | 悠着点 盖尔 |
[16:52] | It gets a lot worse before it gets better. | 痊愈之前只会变得更糟 |
[16:57] | He doesn’t even have a relationship with Brandon. | 他甚至跟布兰登都没什么感情 |
[17:00] | Did he tell you that? | 他告诉过你吗 |
[17:01] | Pete got him an apartment | 皮特在他十六岁时给他弄了套公寓 |
[17:03] | when he was 16 and basically just stopped seeing him. | 从那以后 基本就没再见过他 |
[17:07] | Hadn’t seen him for a year before the party. | 直到这次派对才见面 |
[17:12] | I came here for witness prep. | 我是为了做证人准备才来这的 |
[17:15] | At Versailles, | 在凡尔赛 |
[17:16] | a strategically placed beauty mark said, “Kiss me.” | 拥有一颗突出美人痣的人总会说 “吻我” |
[17:19] | For us, it’s what kind of jeans do you wear? | 而我们会说 “你穿哪款牛仔裤” |
[17:23] | Your clothes, your hair, | 你的衣服 发型 |
[17:24] | glasses, jewelry, | 眼镜以及配饰 |
[17:25] | it’s all a code we use to talk to each other. | 这都是我们平时交流的准则 |
[17:29] | I don’t need clothes. | 我不需要衣服 |
[17:30] | I have clothes. | 我自己有衣服 |
[17:32] | Brandon, | 布兰登 |
[17:33] | never argue with a stylist from Vogue. | 永远不要跟《时尚》杂志的设计师争辩 |
[17:35] | You can call me Chunk. | 叫我特朗科就行 |
[17:37] | And I’m Dr. Jason Bull. | 我是杰森·布尔博士 |
[17:38] | It’s time we had a talk, don’t you think? | 我们该谈谈了 你觉得呢 |
[17:41] | Why are you smirking? | 你这嗤笑是什么意思 |
[17:43] | – I’m not smirking. – Did you see that? | – 我没嗤笑 – 你看到了吗 |
[17:45] | – He smirked, he’s a smirker. – Hmm. | – 他刚才那笑是与生俱来的 – 嗯 |
[17:46] | It’s between a snigger and a leer. | 像是在窃喜 又很猥琐 |
[17:48] | They’re not going to convict me because of my haircut. | 他们不会因为我的发型就给我定罪的 |
[17:51] | No, but they ought to hang you for being a dick. | 不会的 但冲你这混样 他们都该把你绞死 |
[17:54] | You do realize there’s dozens of people here | 你也知道 为了不让你下半辈子蹲监狱 |
[17:57] | working around the clock to save you from life in prison? | 有一大帮人正夜以继日的忙活吧 |
[18:00] | Look, Dr. Bull… | 听着 布尔博士… |
[18:02] | Dr. Bull is too formal. | 叫布尔博士太正式了 |
[18:04] | Okay, Jason… | 好吧 杰森… |
[18:06] | “Jason”? Wow. | “杰森”吗 真大胆 |
[18:07] | – I was thinking “Boss.” – “Boss”? | – 我觉得叫老板就不错 – 老板吗 |
[18:09] | I like “Boss.” | 我喜欢”老板” |
[18:10] | Call me “Boss.” | 叫我”老板” |
[18:11] | My dad says I don’t have to testify. | 我爸说我没必要给自己作证 |
[18:13] | 93% of all communication is nonverbal. | 百分之九十三的沟通都无需语言 |
[18:17] | You’ve been testifying since day one. | 从第一天起 你就在给自己作证了 |
[18:19] | I’m gonna get these measurements to the tailor. | 我去把尺寸拿给裁缝 |
[18:27] | Did you kill Alyssa? | 你杀了艾丽莎吗 |
[18:29] | No. | 没有 |
[18:30] | But you did have sex with her. | 但你确实和她上床了 |
[18:32] | They can believe whatever they want to believe. | 他们尽管去想好了 |
[18:34] | Is there any reason anyone | 是否有任何原因 任何人 |
[18:35] | would have seen you with her at the time she was strangled? | 在她被勒死的时候 看到你和她在一起了 |
[18:38] | No, I wasn’t with her. | 没有 我当时没和她在一块 |
[18:40] | Then where were you? | 那当时你在哪 |
[18:41] | To be honest with you, | 说实话 |
[18:42] | I don’t even remember leaving my room. | 我都不记得我离开过自己的房间 |
[18:45] | I had too much to drink. | 我喝多了 |
[18:47] | We all did. | 我们都喝多了 |
[18:50] | I don’t know yet | 我还不确定 |
[18:51] | exactly what happened on that boat | 在那艘船上到底发生了什么 |
[18:53] | and I don’t know if you’re lying about what happened | 我也不知道 你有没有在你和艾丽莎的事情上 |
[18:56] | between you and Alyssa, | 对我撒谎 |
[18:57] | but I do know you’re lying about something. | 但我知道你在说谎 |
[19:01] | You’re supposed to be on my side. | 你应该跟我站同一阵营里的 |
[19:04] | I may be the only one who is. | 你的阵营里可能就剩我了 |
[19:19] | She’s a naturally dominant personality. | 她强势的性格是与生俱来的 |
[19:20] | She has lunch every day with Rosalind and Sarah. | 她每天都跟罗莎琳德和莎拉一起吃午饭 |
[19:23] | See how she keeps her hands on her hips? | 你看她的手是怎么放在臀部上的 |
[19:25] | Goes through doors first. | 第一个穿过大门 |
[19:26] | Sustains eye contact. | 一直保持对视 |
[19:28] | They look up to her. | 其他人都崇拜她 |
[19:30] | Even Frank likes her. | 连弗兰克都喜欢她 |
[19:31] | She connects all the dots. | 她把所有事都串起来了 |
[19:33] | She doesn’t fit the analytics. | 她不符合我们的分析 |
[19:34] | – I got a hunch about her. – She’ll make up her mind | – 直觉告诉我就是她 – 她会想尽办法 |
[19:35] | and won’t be swayed. | 不会受来自你 |
[19:37] | By you or anyone. | 或者其他任何人的影响 |
[19:39] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[19:40] | Brandon was hiding something. | 布兰登果然在隐瞒一些事 |
[19:43] | Where’d you get this? | 你从哪找来这些的 |
[19:44] | I went through everyone’s photos, all of them, | 每个人在社交网站上的照片我都查过了 |
[19:46] | even the Snapchat. | 连阅后即焚上的都没放过 |
[19:48] | There were 30,000. | 总共有三万张 |
[19:49] | Sleep much? | 没怎么睡觉吧 |
[19:50] | 20 minute nap every four hours. | 每四个小时打二十分钟小盹 |
[19:52] | Polyphasic sleep, in the long run, | 长久来看 多阶段睡眠 |
[19:53] | it saves you 20 years. | 会给你省出二十年时间 |
[19:54] | I see. | 明白 |
[19:55] | But this wasn’t on Brandon’s phone. | 但这不是布兰登手机上的 |
[19:57] | No, but they’re Brandon’s. | 对 但这些是布兰登的东西 |
[19:58] | Look at the monogram, that’s Brandon’s stateroom. | 看看这些字母组合 这就是布兰登的包间 |
[20:04] | You know, I was just sitting here, | 我刚才坐在这里 |
[20:06] | wishing this case was more complicated, | 希望这案子变得更复杂时 |
[20:08] | and then you show up, | 你就出现了 |
[20:09] | as if sent by heaven, with our defendant’s | 就像老天派来的一样 还带着被告拍的照片 |
[20:10] | contemporaneous photos of an arcane | 这照片拍得就和那些 |
[20:13] | Japanese bondage ritual. | 神秘的日本捆绑仪式一样 |
[20:16] | Nice knots. | 这绳结打得不错 |
[20:17] | Summers at the yacht club. | 游艇俱乐部上的夏日 |
[20:19] | Tell me this isn’t Brandon’s. | 别告诉我这是布兰登拍的 |
[20:21] | It’s not admissible. | 这证据不会被采纳的 |
[20:22] | Brandon and Alyssa had sex with ropes. | 布兰登用绳子绑着艾丽莎和她上床 |
[20:23] | She turns up strangled to death. | 她又是被勒死的 |
[20:25] | How is that not admissible? | 这怎么不能被采纳了 |
[20:27] | Ah. | 啊 |
[20:28] | Mr. Palmer, care to weigh in | 帕尔默先生 你想看看 |
[20:29] | on Brandon’s party antics? | 布兰登开派对时干的好事吗 |
[20:31] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[20:32] | I love the manicure. | 美甲弄得不错 |
[20:34] | Alyssa was a nail biter, it’s in the coroner’s report. | 法医的验尸报告里说艾丽莎喜欢咬指甲 |
[20:36] | No, not with those nails. | 不对 她的指甲不会是这样 |
[20:38] | Half-moon nails? | 这是半月形的吗 |
[20:39] | That’s a vintage look | 这是上个世纪四十年代的 |
[20:40] | from the ’40s. | 复古造型 |
[20:44] | It’s not admissible ’cause it’s not Alyssa. | 这照片证据不可信 因为里面拍的不是艾丽莎 |
[20:46] | And you win a free meal at the Arby’s of your choice. | 为此你也赢得了一顿午餐 |
[20:49] | He hooked up with two girls on the yacht? | 他在游艇上同时约会两个女生吗 |
[20:52] | How do I get invited to a high school party? | 我怎样才能受邀去参加高中派对呢 |
[20:54] | Kidding. | 开个玩笑 |
[20:58] | Taylor is fragile. | 泰勒现在很悲伤 |
[21:00] | Of course I explained how close Brandon and Taylor are. | 当然了 我已经讲过布兰登跟她有多亲密了 |
[21:02] | Our daughter had nothing to do with this. | 我们的女儿跟这件事一点关系都没有 |
[21:04] | We were all close. | 我们两家之间关系都不错 |
[21:06] | We vacationed together. | 一起度过假 |
[21:08] | We’d imagine how the kids | 我们还想这两个孩子 |
[21:09] | would get married one day. | 以后没准会结婚 |
[21:11] | Taylor and Brandon. | 泰勒和布兰登 |
[21:13] | You know all about delusions, Mr. Wool. | 伍尔先生 你知道那都是妄想 |
[21:14] | Dr. Bull. | 我叫布尔博士 |
[21:15] | All the pretty dreams | 这都是我们很久之前 |
[21:16] | from long, long ago. | 做的美梦了 |
[21:18] | These your initials? | 这些是你写的人名缩写吗 |
[21:20] | “Ab”? | “Ab”是什么意思 |
[21:21] | Taylor gets so unhappy, it’s unbearable. | 泰勒承受不了那份痛苦 |
[21:24] | She asked me to get this girl invited. | 她叫我邀请这个姑娘 |
[21:26] | It was a very small guest list. | 这是个很简短的宾客名单 |
[21:28] | But she moped and moped and… | 但是她斟酌了好久… |
[21:30] | well, you can’t say it, | 好吧 这话难以说出口 |
[21:31] | but you know how pushy Asian girls are. | 但是 你也知道亚裔姑娘有多爱出风头 |
[21:34] | I remember when you called me. | 记得你给我打电话的时候我说过 |
[21:36] | It’s so typical of how clueless Taylor is. | 泰勒属于那种典型的笨姑娘 |
[21:38] | I knew that girl was trouble. | 我知道那姑娘是个麻烦 |
[21:40] | We were there, we watched the whole thing happen. | 我们当时都在那里 目睹了事情的经过 |
[21:42] | You were all on the yacht? | 你们当时都在游艇上吗 |
[21:44] | Honestly, I think the only reason that girl | 说实话 我觉得那个姑娘跟泰勒做朋友 |
[21:45] | befriended Taylor was to get to Brandon. | 就是为了接近布兰登 |
[21:48] | I told Taylor, you need to tell her Brandon is yours. | 我跟泰勒说过 你要告诉她布兰登是你的 |
[21:51] | Mrs. Bensimon, | 本西蒙夫人 |
[21:52] | do you realize this is your daughter, Taylor, | 你知道这张照片里的人 |
[21:54] | in this photograph? | 是你的女儿泰勒吗 |
[21:57] | With Brandon? | 跟布兰登在一起吗 |
[22:02] | Well, as long as it was with Brandon. | 好吧 只要是跟布兰登在一起就行了 |
[22:06] | – Oh, hi. – Hello, darling. | – 哦 你好 – 你好 亲爱的 |
[22:08] | Taylor, honey, this is Dr. Bill. | 泰勒 宝贝 这是比尔博士 |
[22:10] | Dr. Bull. | 是布尔博士 |
[22:11] | He’s working with Brandon’s lawyers. | 他跟布兰登的律师一起工作 |
[22:13] | Cool. | 酷 |
[22:16] | Excuse me for a second. | 稍等一会 |
[22:18] | Oh. | 哦 |
[22:19] | Taylor? | 泰勒 |
[22:27] | Hey. Can I ask you a few questions? | 嘿 我能问你几个问题吗 |
[22:29] | We really don’t want Taylor getting hurt by this. | 我们真的不想泰勒因此受到精神创伤 |
[22:33] | I’m afraid you have to leave. | 恐怕你们得走了 |
[22:37] | Huh. | 哼 |
[22:53] | When did Taylor find out that you and Alyssa slept together? | 泰勒是什么时候发现你跟艾丽莎睡到一起去的 |
[22:56] | I tell Taylor everything. | 我都告诉泰勒了 |
[22:59] | You told her? | 你告诉她的吗 |
[23:00] | I had a friend like that, growing up. | 我以前也有个跟你很像的朋友 也处在青春期 |
[23:02] | Who you confided in and hog-tied | 是你信赖的 愿意让你 |
[23:03] | with Japanese bondage ropes? | 对她做日式捆绑术的人 |
[23:05] | She wanted to do that. | 是她想那么做的 |
[23:07] | She wanted to? | 是她想要的吗 |
[23:08] | You don’t understand. | 你不会明白的 |
[23:09] | You sleep with any girl who asks? | 任何姑娘只要她想你就睡吗 |
[23:13] | Why are you looking at me like that? | 为什么这样看着我 |
[23:15] | I didn’t do anything wrong. | 我没做错什么 |
[23:17] | Dr. Bull? | 布尔博士 |
[23:19] | Can I see you for a minute? | 能占用你一分钟时间吗 |
[23:26] | Why is he asking all these questions about Taylor? | 为什么他一直在问跟泰勒有关的问题 |
[23:30] | Are you worried about Taylor? | 你是担心泰勒了吗 |
[23:31] | The photos I took of Taylor weren’t sexual. | 我拍泰勒的那张照片并不变态 |
[23:34] | 36% of Americans use masks, | 百分之三十六的美国人在床上会用面具 |
[23:37] | blindfolds and bondage tools. | 眼罩和捆绑工具 |
[23:39] | Which makes handcuffs in bed | 让手铐这种施虐玩法 |
[23:40] | more popular than either political party. | 比其他国家更流行 |
[23:42] | Uh-huh. | 嗯哼 |
[23:43] | And it corresponds with such positive traits | 这与外向 开放和尽责的 |
[23:45] | as extroversion, openness, and conscientiousness. | 积极人格特质相符 |
[23:47] | Is this why you called me out of my meeting? | 你就是为了这个把我叫过来的吗 |
[23:49] | Those photos got leaked to the papers. | 那些照片泄露到报纸上了 |
[23:55] | He said those pictures weren’t sexual. | 他说那些照片并不变态 |
[23:58] | They’re not sexual? | 不变态吗 |
[23:59] | Mm-mm. | 嗯哼 |
[24:07] | Let me help you, Liberty. | 我来帮你 利伯蒂 |
[24:08] | Why, thank you, kind sir. | 为什么这么客气 谢谢你 你人真好 |
[24:11] | Self-reliance, that’s my motto. Do it yourself. | 我的座右铭是自力更生 自己提吧 |
[24:19] | Taylor, with all the prescription drugs | 泰勒 你现在服用的 |
[24:22] | you currently take, | 所有处方药中 |
[24:23] | did the doctor or the pharmacist | 医生或者药师有没有叫你 |
[24:25] | tell you not to take street drugs? | 不要吸食毒品 |
[24:30] | It’s not recommended. | 那不能算作是建议 |
[24:32] | But wasn’t Alyssa Yang your drug dealer? | 但是艾丽莎·杨不是向你兜售毒品了吗 |
[24:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:36] | You were the one who got Alyssa | 是你把艾丽莎 |
[24:38] | invited to this party? | 请来派对的吧 |
[24:39] | My mother… my favorite person… | 我的母亲…我最爱的人… |
[24:42] | Called Brandon’s mother as a favor, | 打电话给布兰登的母亲请她帮忙叫的 |
[24:44] | because I asked her to. | 因为我让她打的 |
[24:46] | You even loaned her a necklace. | 你甚至借给她一条项链 |
[24:48] | It’s a necklace my mother gave me… | 是我妈给我的项链… |
[24:51] | Amethysts in rose gold… | 玫瑰金镶紫水晶… |
[24:52] | It belonged to my grandmother. | 是我奶奶的 |
[24:55] | Was there a necklace on the body? | 尸体上有条项链吗 |
[24:56] | Can you read this… | 你能读一下… |
[24:57] | text message you sent Alyssa? | 你发给艾丽莎的短信吗 |
[25:02] | “Keep your hands off Brandon. Brandon’s mine.” | “离布兰登远点 他是我的” |
[25:04] | And then they slept together. | 然后他们一起睡了 |
[25:07] | I was surprised. | 我很惊讶 |
[25:09] | I never heard of Brandon hooking up with anyone. | 我从没听说布兰登会去勾搭其他人 |
[25:11] | She didn’t seem like his type. | 她也不是他喜欢的类型 |
[25:12] | Weren’t you angry? | 你难道不生气吗 |
[25:15] | Why do you keep trying to twist everything I say? | 你怎么总是曲解我的话 |
[25:17] | You wrote Brandon a text message. | 你给布兰登发了条短信 |
[25:20] | Perhaps this will refresh your recollection. | 也许这会让你记忆犹新 |
[25:31] | If you had seen Problem Child 2, | 如果你看过宝贝反斗星二 |
[25:35] | you would know what this was. | 你就会明白这是什么 |
[25:36] | Would you please read what you wrote, Ms. Bensimon? | 你能读读你写了什么吗 本西蒙小姐 |
[25:44] | “The bitch must die.” | “这个贱人必须死” |
[25:49] | Where were you | 凌晨一点到凌晨三点 |
[25:50] | Between 1:00 a.M. And 3:00 a.M. | 艾丽莎·杨被谋杀的时候 |
[25:54] | when Alyssa Yang was murdered? | 你当时在哪 |
[25:57] | Asleep in my room. | 在我房间睡觉 |
[25:59] | Did anyone see you? | 有人见到你了吗 |
[26:01] | I was asleep. | 我睡着了 |
[26:03] | You had motive. | 你有动机 |
[26:05] | You had opportunity. | 也有机会 |
[26:07] | Isn’t it possible | 有没有可能 |
[26:09] | you killed Alyssa? | 是你杀了艾丽莎 |
[26:16] | Oh! | 天哪 |
[26:17] | Quiet in the court! | 全体肃静 |
[26:19] | Didn’t see that coming. | 没料到会发生这种事 |
[26:26] | Taylor. | 泰勒 |
[26:27] | Eagle coming out of the courthouse. | 伊格尔从法院大楼出来了 |
[26:29] | Transpo en route. 30 seconds out. | 在路上 还有三十秒到达 |
[26:31] | Watch your six. | 注意你的六点钟方向 |
[26:32] | The dead girl’s father is approaching | 死者的父亲过来了 |
[26:34] | in a blue windbreaker. | 穿着蓝色防风夹克 |
[26:35] | Eyes on target. Eyes on the prize. | 盯着目标 步步逼近 |
[26:37] | Secure the perimeter. | 布下安全防线 |
[26:54] | But don’t you see what a break this is for us? | 你不觉得这对我们来说是个突破口吗 |
[26:57] | Clyde wants to move for a mistrial. | 克莱德想让这案子变成无效审判 |
[26:59] | Well, this might be the first time we get a fair trial. | 这也许会是我们第一次得到公正审判 |
[27:02] | Now that Wyatt Earp has put some points on the board, | 由于怀亚特·厄普在庭审中提出了一些观点 |
[27:05] | they can stop using your son to stick it to you. | 他们不会再利用你儿子来针对你了 |
[27:07] | The jury saw the whole thing. | 陪审团目睹了一切 |
[27:09] | How is that not grounds for a mistrial? | 怎么会不是无效审判的依据呢 |
[27:11] | Well, he missed. | 他基本上是 |
[27:13] | Mostly. | 错失机会了 |
[27:15] | We have a hung jury, | 根据你的数据推测 |
[27:18] | according to your data. | 陪审团无法做出一致决断 |
[27:19] | Then we go again. | 我们会再来一次 |
[27:20] | A-Another trial? | 又…又审一遍吗 |
[27:22] | Half the time with a hung jury, | 一般如果碰到摇摆不定的陪审团 |
[27:24] | the D.A. drops it. | 地检官有一半的概率会放弃起诉 |
[27:26] | What if he’s guilty? | 如果他有罪怎么办 |
[27:32] | What does Brandon say? | 布兰登说什么了 |
[27:33] | Have you even spoken to your son? | 你跟你儿子谈过吗 |
[27:36] | He’ll do what I tell him to do. | 他会按照我说的做 |
[27:40] | He always has. | 他一直都得这样 |
[27:43] | You basically told him he wasn’t worth your time | 你基本上就是告诉他 他不值得你费神 |
[27:46] | and he has lived up to those expectations. | 他不能辜负期望 |
[27:53] | Tell me he didn’t do this. | 告诉我他没干这事 |
[28:02] | I just watched the mirror jury | 镜面陪审团讨论时 |
[28:03] | deliberate for two and a half hours. | 我盯着观察了两个半小时 |
[28:06] | We’re losing. | 我们要输了 |
[28:07] | I like a challenge. | 我喜欢挑战 |
[28:09] | It’s one of the ten traits of highly successful people. | 这是成功人士的十个特征之一 |
[28:11] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[28:16] | A victim wants a caretaker. | 受害人想要一位代理 |
[28:20] | These people | 这些人 |
[28:22] | are all linked | 全部都和贝丝 |
[28:24] | to Bess. | 有联系 |
[28:26] | We still don’t have her. | 我们还是没攻破她 |
[28:31] | Her son, | 她儿子 |
[28:32] | AJ, went through life looking for the father he never had. | AJ 用尽一生寻找父亲的下落未果 |
[28:39] | Just like Brandon | 就像布兰登 |
[28:41] | went through life looking for the father he never had. | 用尽一生在寻找父亲的下落 也未果 |
[28:45] | When Bess sees Brandon, she sees her son, AJ. | 贝丝见到布兰登就像见到她的儿子AJ |
[28:48] | Bess’s second chance to save her son, through Brandon. | 通过布兰登 贝丝再一次有了救她儿子的机会 |
[28:52] | Can I talk to you? | 能和你谈谈吗 |
[28:53] | Would you mind taking your earbuds out? | 介意把耳机拿掉吗 |
[28:55] | “While employers believe it’s rude to wear earbuds | “当雇主认为在工作场合戴耳机是不礼貌的 |
[28:58] | in the workplace, millennials are using them | 千禧一代则通过耳机 |
[29:00] | to focus and be more productive.” | 变得专注而更有成效” |
[29:02] | It’s in our HR manual. | 这是我们人力资源手册里说的 |
[29:03] | Too long, didn’t read. | 太长了 没读过 |
[29:05] | Remember we put that bug in Clyde’s watch? | 还记得我们在克莱德的手表里装了窃听器吗 |
[29:08] | He’s meeting with the D.A. | 他在跟地检官见面 |
[29:10] | You don’t have Singapore Ear, do you? | 你没有耳真菌病吧 |
[29:12] | He’s taking a deal… Second degree manslaughter. | 他在进行辩诉交易… 二级误杀罪 |
[29:15] | He’s gonna plead Brandon guilty. | 他想让布兰登服罪 |
[29:18] | I want Brandon downstairs. | 让布兰登下楼 |
[29:21] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[29:23] | Don’t mind him, I borrowed him from the law firm. | 别管他 我从律师事务所把他借来的 |
[29:25] | Earbuds, Josh. | 耳机戴上 乔希 |
[29:27] | It just means whatever we say in here is protected | 意思是我们在这里的谈话会被保护起来 |
[29:29] | under attorney-client privilege. | 这是当事人特权 |
[29:31] | Why are we meeting down here? | 为什么我们要在这里见面 |
[29:32] | Take a seat. | 坐吧 |
[29:33] | Why? | 为什么 |
[29:34] | Just have a seat. | 坐下就好 |
[29:36] | I’m not gonna testify. | 我不会作证的 |
[29:38] | Do you like Nutraloaf? | 你喜欢营养面包吗 |
[29:39] | My father said I’m gonna take a deal. | 我爸说我会接受一笔交易 |
[29:41] | ‘Cause that’s what you’re gonna be eating | 因为这就是你将来十年 |
[29:42] | for the next ten years. | 要吃的东西 |
[29:47] | Forget it. | 别想了 |
[29:49] | I’m not doing it. | 我不会这么做的 |
[29:50] | Now is not the time | 现在不是你 |
[29:51] | to bail on yourself just because Daddy is. | 要听爸爸的话放弃自己的时候 |
[29:56] | I know, Brandon. I’ve been down that road. | 我理解你 布兰登 我有过这种经历 |
[29:58] | Yeah, right. | 是啊 |
[30:00] | I… I mean, everybody respects you. | 但所有人都尊重你 |
[30:03] | Even my dad says you’re the best. | 连我爸爸都说你是最好的 |
[30:06] | Your dad… | 你的父亲… |
[30:15] | Dads… | 许多父亲… |
[30:20] | If a father never said, “I love you,” | 如果一位父亲从来没对你说过”我爱你” |
[30:25] | right? | 对吧 |
[30:26] | Never. | 从来没有 |
[30:31] | Never said, “I’m proud of you.” | 从来没对你说过”我为你感到骄傲” |
[30:35] | Couldn’t say it. | 说不出口 |
[30:41] | ‘Cause he didn’t believe it. | 因为他自己都不相信 |
[30:44] | Then who’s the failure? | 那么谁才是失败者 |
[30:45] | The father or the son? | 父亲还是儿子 |
[30:52] | Look in the mirror | 以此为鉴 |
[30:55] | and be the man your father never was. | 做一个比你父亲优秀的人 |
[30:58] | Give yourself what you wish you could get | 努力争取得到 |
[31:02] | from somebody else. | 你想从别人那里得到的东西 |
[31:06] | I’ll be right there with you. | 我会一直支持你 |
[31:14] | Sometimes I feel like this whole thing… | 有时候我会觉得这一切… |
[31:17] | you know, like… | 仿佛… |
[31:20] | like I’m watching it happen to somebody else. | 仿佛都发生在别人身上 |
[31:26] | I know you’re gay, Brandon. | 我知道你是同性恋 布兰登 |
[31:29] | I’ve known for a long time. | 我早就知道了 |
[31:31] | And it’s nothing to be ashamed of. | 这没有什么好羞愧的 |
[31:33] | It’s who you are. | 做你自己就好 |
[31:39] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[31:42] | I didn’t even know. | 连我自己都不确定 |
[31:44] | Isn’t that | 艾丽莎死的时候 |
[31:45] | where you were the night Alyssa was murdered? | 你就是因为这个才没在她身边 |
[31:47] | Somewhere else, | 而是在别的地方 |
[31:49] | with someone else, doing… | 和别的人一起 做一些… |
[31:52] | …something else? | 别的事情 |
[31:58] | Does my father know? | 我爸爸知道吗 |
[31:59] | Your father just made a deal | 你的父亲刚刚做了一笔 |
[32:02] | to put you in prison for ten years. | 让你蹲十年牢的交易 |
[32:03] | Did he even ask you? | 他甚至有问过你吗 |
[32:30] | You can do this. | 你能做到的 |
[32:38] | They’re not going to believe me. | 他们不会相信我的 |
[32:40] | Hey… | 嘿… |
[32:42] | don’t give up on people. | 别对人们放弃希望 |
[32:45] | They’re all we’ve got. | 那是我们的绝招 |
[32:49] | – Speak up. – Answer directly. | – 大声说话 – 正面回答问题 |
[32:51] | Keep your hands still. | 手不要乱动 |
[32:53] | Don’t slouch. | 打起精神 |
[32:54] | Respond only to questions, | 只回答问题 |
[32:55] | not statements. | 不要反驳陈述 |
[32:56] | – Don’t fill silences. – Don’t smoke on breaks. | – 不要沉默 – 休庭的时候别抽烟 |
[32:59] | It’s not enough to tell the truth. | 光说出事实还不够 |
[33:00] | You have to tell the truth effectively. | 你还要让事实奏效 |
[33:01] | I gotta get this to my boss. He’ll need time to prepare. | 我要把这些记下来交给老板 他需要时间准备 |
[33:04] | Clyde’s not doing the direct, you are. | 克莱德不出庭 你来 |
[33:07] | What? Does he know that? | 什么 他知道这件事吗 |
[33:09] | My read on the women on this jury is | 我看出来陪审团的女性 |
[33:11] | they hate your boss. | 讨厌你的上司 |
[33:13] | If we spring you on them, | 如果我们派你出庭 |
[33:15] | they just may rally to vote for you, Liberty, | 他们可能会一致为你投票 |
[33:18] | rather than against Brandon. | 而非与布兰登对抗 |
[33:24] | I’m the client, right? I’ll tell him. | 我是客户 对吧 我去告诉他 |
[33:42] | Brandon… | 布兰登… |
[33:45] | I want you to direct your attention | 我希望你把注意力 |
[33:46] | to the night in question. | 集中到案发当晚 |
[33:49] | Were you with Alyssa Yang that night? | 那晚你和艾丽莎·杨在一起吗 |
[33:51] | Yes, I was. | 是的 在一起 |
[33:53] | And on a previous night, did you have sex with her? | 在前一天晚上 你跟她发生性关系了吗 |
[33:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:58] | Did you argue about sex? | 你们对这件事有争论吗 |
[34:02] | I didn’t want to have sex with her again. | 我再也不想跟她做爱了 |
[34:04] | It was a mistake. | 那就是个错误 |
[34:06] | Did something go wrong? | 发生了什么事吗 |
[34:07] | It’s a mistake to do everything in life | 不管我做什么都是错的 |
[34:09] | because of what other people expect you to. | 因为总有人对你抱有期许 |
[34:11] | You’re a healthy young man. | 你是个健康的年轻人 |
[34:13] | She was a beautiful young girl. | 她是个漂亮的女孩 |
[34:15] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[34:17] | Well, my parents kept asking me why | 我父母一直问我 |
[34:19] | I didn’t have a girlfriend, | 为什么没有女朋友 |
[34:20] | and Alyssa was one of the hottest girls around | 而艾丽莎不仅非常性感 |
[34:23] | and an “A” Student who could, you know, | 还是一个读牛津大学的 |
[34:25] | go to Oxford. | 全优学生 |
[34:27] | So that was, like, a perfect picture, and… | 就像一幅瑰丽的画卷 |
[34:30] | at a certain point you get tired | 但突然某天你就审美疲劳了 |
[34:33] | of disappointing everyone. | 开始对事事失望 |
[34:38] | So what was wrong with the perfect picture? | 这”瑰丽的画卷”出了什么问题吗 |
[34:46] | I’m gay. | 我是同性恋 |
[34:52] | Is that where you were | 这就是你凌晨一点到三点 |
[34:53] | between 1:00 a.M. And 3:00 a.M.? | 不在艾丽莎身边的原因吗 |
[34:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:58] | I was with someone. | 我和别人在一起 |
[35:00] | Brandon, I have to ask you… | 布兰登 我要问你… |
[35:04] | …who were you with? | 你具体跟谁在一起 |
[35:06] | Look, I mean no disrespect to you or anyone, | 听着 我并不是不尊重你 |
[35:10] | but I’m not gonna answer that. | 但我不会回答这个问题 |
[35:12] | I said what I’ve said, and I’m not sorry, | 该说的我都说了 虽然我不觉得抱歉 |
[35:15] | but I’m not gonna do this to someone else. | 但我不想伤害那个人 |
[35:17] | Brandon, now is not the time to be a hero. | 布兰登 现在不是你逞英雄的时候 |
[35:20] | I’ve told you everything you need to know. | 你想知道的我已经全说了 |
[35:24] | Brandon, did you kill Alyssa Yang? | 布兰登 是你杀了艾丽莎·杨吗 |
[35:27] | – No. – Save yourself. | – 没有 – 帮自己一把 |
[35:29] | Tell this jury who you were with. | 告诉陪审团你和谁在一起 |
[35:32] | You just want… | 你们只是想… |
[35:34] | You want to break it all apart. | 你们想拆散一切 |
[35:36] | Break everything! | 毁掉一切 |
[35:38] | You’re supposed to be the adults! | 你们应该拿出点大人的样子来 |
[35:45] | Quiet, please! | 请保持安静 |
[35:54] | We have no further questions, Your Honor. | 我们没其它问题了 法官大人 |
[36:00] | So you didn’t tell the police | 那么 你没有告诉警方 |
[36:01] | you were with someone that night? | 你那晚和某人在一起 对吗 |
[36:02] | – No. – You lied to the police. | – 是的 – 你对警方撒谎了 |
[36:04] | – Objection. – I’ll withdraw the question. | – 反对 – 我撤回这一提问 |
[36:07] | You admit you had sex with Alyssa. | 你承认和艾丽莎发生了性关系 |
[36:10] | Your DNA was found in her body. | 在她身体里发现了你的DNA |
[36:13] | You were never gay before… | 你以前不是同性恋… |
[36:14] | I was always gay! I… | 我一直是同性恋 我… |
[36:15] | And now that your trial isn’t going so well | 现在你的审判不是很顺利 |
[36:17] | do you really expect this jury to believe | 你真的指望陪审团相信 |
[36:20] | that you were with a secret, gay, mystery lover | 你当时和一位 你拒绝说出名字的 |
[36:22] | who you refuse to name? | 神秘同性情人在一起吗 |
[36:25] | I just didn’t think it was really up to me to be happy. | 我只觉得 我过得开不开心都不重要 |
[36:28] | Your refusal is answer enough. | 你的拒绝已经回答了一切 |
[36:29] | I’ll withdraw the question. | 我撤销这个问题 |
[36:31] | No further questions. | 没有其它问题了 |
[36:40] | – How did I do? – Well… | – 我表现如何 – 嗯… |
[36:42] | you’re not done yet. | 你的任务还没完成 |
[36:45] | I’m doing the closing argument, too? | 我也要做结案陈词吗 |
[36:47] | Well, the real closing arguments take place | 在陪审团室里进行的 |
[36:49] | behind the jury room door. | 才是真正的结案陈词 |
[36:51] | Always. | 一直如此 |
[36:53] | And our research shows that Bess will deliver it. | 我们的调查显示 贝丝会来做这件事 |
[36:58] | Bess… who carries a terrible burden of guilt | 贝丝… 因为辜负了自己的儿子 |
[37:03] | for failing her own son. | 有很沉重的负罪感 |
[37:06] | You can free her from that. | 你可以帮她解脱 |
[37:09] | Can you do it? | 你能做到吗 |
[37:20] | Brandon Peters did not kill Alyssa Yang. | 布兰登·彼得斯没有杀害艾丽莎·杨 |
[37:25] | People know the truth when they hear it. | 人们往往能在听的过程中发现真相 |
[37:28] | That’s why we say it has a ring. | 这句话是有道理的 |
[37:33] | To tell the world that you’re gay… | 没有人会因为一己私利 |
[37:35] | to tell yourself… | 向世界 同时也向自己… |
[37:37] | is not something you do out of convenience. | 宣布自己出柜 |
[37:42] | It might be the hardest conversation you ever have. | 这也许是你生命中最艰难的一次谈话 |
[37:46] | In not giving us an alibi | 他没有确切的不在场证明 |
[37:48] | he gave us, perhaps, the best alibi | 但也许他说的话 |
[37:51] | we could ever want. | 就是最可信不在场证明 |
[37:53] | It’s an old-fashioned word you don’t hear so much of anymore, | 我要说一个过时的词语 现在已经很少听到 |
[37:57] | you don’t see so much of anymore. | 也很少看到了 |
[38:01] | Character. | 那就是 人格力量 |
[38:23] | Would the foreman read the verdict? | 请首席陪审员宣读判决 |
[38:32] | On the charge of murder in the second degree… | 对于被指控二级谋杀的罪名 |
[38:37] | we find the defendant… | 我们认为 被告人… |
[38:39] | not guilty. | 无罪 |
[38:43] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的各位先生女士们 |
[38:45] | thank you for your service | 感谢你们的付出 |
[38:46] | and for being an integral part in the judicial process. | 以及成为审判过程中 不可或缺的一部分 |
[38:50] | You are dismissed. | 你们可以解散了 |
[39:14] | Good work, Brandon. | 干得好 布兰登 |
[39:37] | Let’s go, Taylor. | 走吧 泰勒 |
[39:38] | Where are we going now? | 现在要去哪儿 |
[39:40] | Taylor, let’s go. | 泰勒 我们走 |
[39:41] | Meet with your therapist. | 去见你的医生 |
[39:43] | What? | 什么 |
[39:44] | Mom, it’s not for an hour. | 妈 都没到一个小时 |
[39:58] | Excuse me. Bess. Hey. | 不好意思 贝丝 嘿 |
[40:01] | Oh, I recognize you. | 我认得你 |
[40:04] | You were always watching us. | 你一直在观察我们 |
[40:08] | I’m Dr. Jason Bull. | 我是杰森·布尔博士 |
[40:09] | What kind of doctor are you? | 你读的什么博士 |
[40:11] | Psychologist. | 心理学 |
[40:14] | Is that what you do, analyze people? | 你的工作就是分析人吗 |
[40:17] | Not like that. Different. | 不是这样的 那不一样 |
[40:20] | Well, I was watching you, too. | 我也在观察你 |
[40:22] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[40:27] | You grew up with a lot of pain, didn’t you? | 你的成长充满艰辛 不是吗 |
[40:31] | That’s how you learn how to watch people like that. | 你就是这么学会 观察人的方法的 |
[40:33] | Read ’em. | 解读他们 |
[40:36] | Figure out what makes ’em go. | 弄清他们的动机 |
[40:40] | To survive in that home. Mm. | 才能在那个家里生存下来 |
[40:43] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:44] | I know. | 我都知道 |
[40:47] | Can I ask you a question? | 我可以问个问题吗 |
[40:49] | Look, can we walk while we talk? | 我们可以边走边说吗 |
[40:50] | I don’t like getting home after dark. | 我不喜欢天黑以后回家 |
[40:51] | – Why’d you vote not guilty? – Stop! | – 你为什么投了无罪票 – 够了 |
[40:54] | Stop trying to figure people out, | 别试着分析人了 |
[40:57] | just to get ’em to do what you want. | 让他们顺着你的意就好了 |
[41:01] | It’s just a very lonely place. | 这是个很孤独的地方 |
[41:06] | I wish I could. | 我希望我可以 |
[41:11] | I’ve never seen so many lost children. | 我从没见过 这么多迷失的孩子 |
[41:16] | What did we do? | 我们做了什么 |
[41:22] | Why do you catch a cold? | 你怎么会感冒了 |
[41:37] | I just don’t know how you could have been so reckless. | 我真不明白 你怎么可以那么轻率 |
[41:40] | And with Brandon! | 还跟布兰登一起 |
[41:43] | These things happen. | 事情就这么发生了 |
[41:45] | Well, it’s not gonna happen again. | 不会再有下次了 |
[41:51] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[42:31] | I just couldn’t stand for you to be unhappy. | 我只是不想让你不开心 |
[42:44] | Police! Stay right where you are! | 警察 待在原地别动 |
[42:47] | We will use force if you do not comply. | 如果你不合作 我们会使用武力 |
[42:52] | Hold it right there! | 待在那儿别动 |